(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 238 of 490.
#11851 8 years ago

Let's sell the movie rights: Jpop: THE MOVIE ....film profits used to pay back everyone.

Who would play John? Too bad Phillip Seymore Hoffman is no longer with us.

#11852 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

So far they haven't asked me for anything, other than a bit of time. Talk about spinning your wheels.
If there was a round of crowd funding happening, then their background and character could be put under the microscope. Right now it makes no sense to scream bloody murder about it other than for the sake of drama alone.

Does this game get built without significant pre-order deposits?! At some point over the next 2 years ("As it stands today, the anticipated timeframe until production of MG is approximately 2 years or sooner." -- JPop), Pintasia is going to come to this forum and start asking for pre-order deposits. Crowd funding is inevitable.

Quoted from frolic:

People are acting like these NEW people took $1M of our money and ran their business into the ground.

See you in 2-3 years, 11,000 posts and another $1M in pre-order deposits squandered ("I have agreed to independently consult with the Licensee for continuity to complete the pinball designs for all 3 games. -- JPop")

For Christ's sake! Zidware? Pintasia? They're the same people! Doesn't anybody notice this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

#11853 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Let's sell the movie rights: Jpop: THE MOVIE ....film profits used to pay back everyone.

Andy dick

#11854 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If there was a round of crowd funding happening, then their background and character could be put under the microscope.

Crowd funding or not, the fact that they are involved and have a shady past should put them under the microscope.

#11855 8 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

So is that really the person in those stories/videos because the Pintasia person seemed to imply it was not?

If you re-read the post from Pintasia, it was a complete non-denial. In fact you are exactly right - it did an excellent job of implying that it was a different person, without actually saying anything that can be called out as factually incorrect.

#11856 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No it would be that Joaquin Phoenix kid. Only actor that could get into full blown crazy!

Seriously though, there's a F ing show here

#11857 8 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

The only question is if this is the same Sabrina

It is THE critical question.. which your cites failed to close on.

Quoted from Mycal:

After watching the linked video, I can confirm that it is the same Sabrina Wei. Bill and her attended Pin-A-Go-Go together earlier this month.

But NOW you have my attention

1112.gif1112.gif

Who dreams up this stuff.. amazing. When will the Bally/mob connection make its appearance in this saga?

#11858 8 years ago

Somebody should make a t-shirt: "I read the whole Pinside JPOP update thread and survived it"

#11860 8 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

Somebody should make a t-shirt: "I read the whole Pinside JPOP update thread and survived it"

The worst part is, I really did.

#11861 8 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

The worst part is, I really did.

Me too, that's why I feel this way!

#11862 8 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

wasted 24 hours, and wish I didn't.

#11863 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

wasted 24 hours, and wish I didn't.

I feel like damaged goods now.

#11864 8 years ago

Well, here's something that'll cheer you guys up. Something that was crowdfunded and finished!

#11865 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Tim Arnold.

#11866 8 years ago

Ok, that's just messed up.

#11867 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'd go with Benedict Cumberbatch or Jared Leto. Throw some crazy long hair and goofy glasses on either of them and you're good to go!

#11868 8 years ago

Gotta star Tom Hulce (Amadeus)

#11869 8 years ago

Kung Fury reminds me of Danger 5, which is a hoot.

#11870 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Gotta star Tom Hulce (Amadeus)

Second choice - Keanu Reeves - and it's an action flick about someone killing his pinball machine...

#11871 8 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

WISH GRANTED!!!

2015-05-28-20-12-48.png2015-05-28-20-12-48.png 2015-05-28-20-11-59.png2015-05-28-20-11-59.png
#11872 8 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

So is that really the person in those stories/videos because the Pintasia person seemed to imply it was not?

Sounds like JonnyO and MyCal have confirmed that it is the same person.

And yes, Pintasia strongly implied that it was *not* the same person:

Quoted from PINTASIA:

The problem with google is that you will find a lot of information, some which is true and some which is false or simply has nothing to do with the topic at hand. How many people have the same name? Has someone really tried to understand who these people are behind Pintasia, or is everyone on a race to try to put up nasty posts and create drama. There are a number of people all with the name Sabrina Wei, and unfortunately some of those people have had a checkered past. You may want to blame Sabrina's parents for giving her the name, however, there are lots of other names that are significantly worse. So before throwing @*!@ against the wall and slinging mud, watch the real actions of the people you are doing that with.

I just don't like the fact that it already looks like there is less than 100% full disclosure and implying something that isn't true. That's the last thing that this particular project needs. Given what has happened in the past, there really is little that is more important than being fully open and forthright about everything regarding this new company that was formed to save the JPop pins.

#11873 8 years ago

I hope this message does not get lost in the madness of this thread.

I have one very important thing to say...

Bill, you MUST respond to the emails that Jim from Orange Cloud Software has been sending you before you go and show off MG as a sale generation tool. He must be "made whole" ahead of time.

Thank you.
--Scott

#11874 8 years ago

Where is the Yetti and FAST.

I hope they are paying attention to this since they are now facilitating the selling of the game and promotion of it at NW show.

#11875 8 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I hope this message does not get lost in the madness of this thread.
I have one very important thing to say...
Bill, you MUST respond to the emails that Jim from Orange Cloud Software has been sending you before you go and show off MG as a sale generation tool. He must be "made whole" ahead of time.
Thank you.
--Scott

ALL people that worked on the game should be made whole BEFORE showing off the game!

#11876 8 years ago

Ok, now what is that all about?

#11877 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

ALL people that worked on the game should be made whole BEFORE showing off the game!

Agreed. GLM, Cointaker, and everyone else should also be addressed.

#11878 8 years ago

Wait, no.

"It's a movie, so it has to star Chris Pratt" - new rule in Hollywood

POPADIUK BEGINS

#11879 8 years ago
Quoted from gcp:

If you re-read the post from Pintasia, it was a complete non-denial. In fact you are exactly right - it did an excellent job of implying that it was a different person, without actually saying anything that can be called out as factually incorrect.

Like I said in my initial post, I didn't read through the walls of texts or follow any of the links. I was just passing along what a user named "Fraudalert" had sent me via a personal message. I assume "Fraudalert" is someone who is paying close attention to this thread, and may even be someone who is actively posting. It could be anyone. It could even be me?! ("The IP address is coming from INSIDE THE HOUSE!")

Out of curiosity, I just went back and slogged my way through most of the message. Nothing stands out to me that connects the Sabrina Wei (SW1) of Pintasia to the Sabrina Wei (SW2) that is connected to Daniel Filho and his alleged Ponzi schemes, other than a shared name.

If the two Sabrinas can't be connected by anything but a shared name, I don't see any point to the implied allegations by the anonymous "Fraudster" tipster.

On another somewhat related note, does anyone know if John will remove the drawing of his lucky cat from the playfield or double-down and add a second cat?

fraudalert.pngfraudalert.png

#11880 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Where is the Yetti and FAST.
I hope they are paying attention to this since they are now facilitating the selling of the game and promotion of it at NW show.

I'm here wondering what I've done to deserve all of this
I'm going to support the work I did - nothing more... But admittedly, I'm as confused as anyone here...

#11881 8 years ago

Orange Cloud took over software from applesauce?

#11882 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Who would play John?

apparently an asian actor
jpop_actor.jpgjpop_actor.jpg

#11883 8 years ago

Agreed. GLM, Cointaker, and everyone else should also be addressed.

How many of us think that the vendors like GLM, Cointaker, Applesauce, etc. should be made whole by Pintasia?

I do.

But it probably isn't realistic to think that could happen. Pintasia isn't a pinball charity. Do we really think that they are going to come in and just start paying JPop's unpaid vendors when they have no legal responsibility to do so?

The only way they will pay vendors for past due invoices is if it makes business sense to do so. I.e., profit (short term or long term). The same applies to owners who have put money down. How can Pintasia realistically be expected to give everyone 100% credit for their deposits made to Zidware? Lets say there are 100 people who have an average deposit of $5000.00 down on RAZA. That's $500,000.00 in deposits. We think Pintasia can build and sell these pins *and* give a credit of half a million dollars for money paid to someone else?

I don't see how this math can ever work, assuming the goal here is to break even.

How much profit can reasonably be made on each pin sold?

#11884 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Wait, no.
"It's a movie, so it has to star Chris Pratt" - new rule in Hollywood
POPADIUK BEGINS

JPOP looks like Weird Al to me.

weird-al-yankovic-c4535fb7f213b73e.jpgweird-al-yankovic-c4535fb7f213b73e.jpg
#11885 8 years ago

I think a lot of people would like to see Jpop enter into reality TV rather than see a movie about him...

#11886 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well, here's something that'll cheer you guys up. Something that was crowdfunded and finished!
» YouTube video

The greatest of all time. ALL TIME

#11887 8 years ago

Blue Horseshoe loves Anacott Steel.

It's worth saying again.

#11888 8 years ago

It might not be realistic, but swooping in and using all of their hard work without compensating them is sleazy, and it shouldn't be rewarded. Make them whole, THEN start taking orders.

#11889 8 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Nothing stands out to me that connects the Sabrina Wei (SW1) of Pintasia to the Sabrina Wei (SW2) that is connected to Daniel Filho and his alleged Ponzi schemes, other than a shared name.

The youtube videos show who the Sabrina Wei connected to Daniel Filho is, and multiple pinsiders have confirmed that they have met her in person and that both Sabrina Weis are the same.

#11890 8 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

On another somewhat related note, does anyone know if John will remove the drawing of his lucky cat from the playfield or double-down and add a second cat?
fraudalert.png (Click image to enlarge)

Cmon was there ever a doubt? Forget two, this is John's 'fk everything we're going five blades' moment

#11891 8 years ago

Jilt - The Battle to Save Zilchware

#11892 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Would you believe me if I told you a production company came out (over a year ago)and shot a sizzle reel at John's for that very thing? I came out for it...And now I'll exit with 'Come to the Magic Girl Area of NW Pinball Show and I'll tell you more!'

I sure hope I don't have to wait in line for 2 hours to play 1 ball on MG at the show do people with "zidware credits" (like me) get fast passes to play her?

#11893 8 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

It might not be realistic, but swooping in and using all of their hard work without compensating them is sleazy, and it shouldn't be rewarded. Make them whole, THEN start taking orders.

And from that standpoint it actually makes more sense for Pintasia to pay at least some of the vendors than it does to give 100% dollar for dollar credit to Zidware buyers.

Pintasia will probably need some of those unpaid vendors to get the pin(s) finished.

Not so when it comes to the buyers who gave money to Zidware.

#11894 8 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

The youtube videos show who the Sabrina Wei connected to Daniel Filho is, and multiple pinsiders have confirmed that they have met her in person and that both Sabrina Weis are the same.

OK, thanks. Wow. Very interesting...

#11895 8 years ago

I dont really understand the pintasia thing. why do they want to succeed so badly with a rehash of theatre of magic? the money is gone, so.. what are they going to use to build it? its like a pyramid scheme, suddenly you need more people to fund it to build it for the people who already funded it but lost that money.

its just.. strange to see such driving enthusiasm to coup the license and get this built, are the pintasia guys in so deep the only light at the end of the tunnels is getting others to continue to fund it? why not get in behind wooly? why MG per se?

doesnt pass the smell test. i wonder about the ulterior motives.

#11896 8 years ago

Lots of speculation but I really think they are working on the logistics of a plan. I'm sure this plan
Will take some time to materialize. I'm also confident Pintasia will begin the revelation process
As soon as a plan and timeline is in place. I had a part in this as a vendor, they have money's
Tied up in this and intend to move forward. I'm going to wait for them to tell us what the deal is and
After the tacoma show where the pin gets revealed will be the start.
Personal attacks on Sabrina and Bill are not going to help us get this going.
my guys and myself worked are asses off and fast to get those ramps on that machine!
The ramps will be in Chicago tomorrow and I'm going to see if we can get some pics posted.
I know there are past vendors they are and or will be dealing with, it takes time to sort this shit out I'm sure. There is more too!ing work that will need done for MG and the other titles for my shop.
Just my vote of confidence

#11897 8 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Lots of speculation but I really think they are working on the logistics of a plan. I'm sure this plan
Will take some time to materialize.

That's time for John to "escape" and "hide". No consequences for his actions, tons of people out of money with no recourse. Not cool.

#11898 8 years ago

There may be consequences. It's just too soon. Something will happen.

#11899 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I sure hope I don't have to wait in line for 2 hours to play 1 ball on MG at the show do people with "zidware credits" (like me) get fast passes to play her?

If someone is playing when you arrive I will have security remove them with embarrassing spectacle and force.

#11900 8 years ago

The only way John "walks" is if Bill is successful and everyone who was wronged is made whole and doesn't sue John. This is a hail mary if there ever was one, but you can't say there's no recourse. I could sue John tomorrow, same as anyone else affected.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
Plastics
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!
Other
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Corona, CA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mclean, VA
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 238 of 490.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/238 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.