IMG_6075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3663.jpeg
IMG_2890.jpeg
IMG_2892.jpeg
IMG_2887.jpeg
IMG_2879.jpeg
20240420_085948 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,157 posts in this topic. You are on page 303 of 364.
#15101 11 months ago
Quoted from Bodacious:

Dear Owners, I'm on the cusp of getting a HOH (I love the set out, rules, etc) however the constant threads of issues with this machine is off putting as I am not overly mechanically minded. I love playing them and have had many in the past, but for the most part, any issues I have had, have been easy fixers. (I should also point out I live in a pinball desert with the nearest tech at least 3.5 hrs away). Should I stay away from HOH?

She might be more woman than you can handle!?

#15102 11 months ago

I just got the topper for the game and installed it. What do you need to do for the crypt to open and Elvira screams?

#15103 11 months ago

door opens on multiball but only 25% maybe . there is adjustment in the menu to set it higher

#15104 11 months ago

Is there an average amount of time to get warranty parts from Stern?

Coming up on two months since getting the game.... it's the most beautiful paperweight I've ever had.

#15105 10 months ago
Quoted from superford:door opens on multiball but only 25% maybe . there is adjustment in the menu to set it higher

I looked on settings and did not see any adjustments. Can you give me any info on where this is? Thank you s much.

#15106 10 months ago
Quoted from JJDK:

I looked on settings and did not see any adjustments. Can you give me any info on where this is? Thank you s much.

Go to ADJUSTMENTS > GAME
Use the left center button to move backwards through the options.
Topper settings are the last three.

#284 TOPPER SCREAM LOCKOUT TIMER Sets the minimum time, in seconds, between screams. Max is 180.
#283 TOPPER GAME SCREAM Sets the percentage of time the topper will activate. Max is 100%. Setting it lower will cause the topper to activate less frequently.
#282 TOPPER ATTRACT MODE SCREAM Sets the percentage of time the topper will activate when a flipper button is pressed during attract mode. Max is 100%.

#15107 10 months ago

Thank you to all for your replies. Appreciate the good blokesmanship. It looks like Elvira will be coming home!

#15108 10 months ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Go to ADJUSTMENTS > GAME
#284 TOPPER SCREAM LOCKOUT TIMER Sets the minimum time, in seconds, between screams. Max is 180.
#283 TOPPER GAME SCREAM Sets the percentage of time the topper will activate. Max is 100%. Setting it lower will cause the topper to activate less frequently.
#282 TOPPER ATTRACT MODE SCREAM Sets the percentage of time the topper will activate when a flipper button is pressed during attract mode. Max is 100%.

Thank you. I set it up, no screams on attract mode. No screams except at the beginning of multiball and then the top opens. Does the top only open at the start of multiball. I also did not hear additional scrams during multiball and had it set for 20 seconds.

#15109 10 months ago
Quoted from JJDK:

Thank you. I set it up, no screams on attract mode. No screams except at the beginning of multiball and then the top opens. Does the top only open at the start of multiball. I also did not hear additional scrams during multiball and had it set for 20 seconds.

I think mine does if I hit a super jackpot in multiball. But can’t remember for sure.

#15110 10 months ago
Quoted from JJDK:

Multiball start and super jackpots.

#15111 10 months ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Go to ADJUSTMENTS > GAME

working!

Ok it is now working! Thank you so much for your help. Really appreciate it.

#15112 10 months ago
Quoted from JJDK:

working!
Ok it is now working! Thank you so much for your help. Really appreciate it.

Glad that you got it working. The following key post may prove helpful if you haven't already seen it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/243#post-7276317

Gord

#15113 10 months ago

Hi does anyone know why my elvira game starts a haunt when first loads a game up its just started happening
This is before i even plunge the ball

#15114 10 months ago
Quoted from Chaggers:

Hi does anyone know why my elvira game starts a haunt when first loads a game up its just started happening
This is before i even plunge the ball

Most likely, the opto switch in the subway behind the backboard is misaligned, broken, dirty, or otherwise not functioning correctly.

#15115 10 months ago

My house is not registering shots any longer. Guess it's an opto issue? If so, can someone please point me to which opto I need to adjust and how to do it? Hoping I don't need to remove the entire house. Thanks!

EDIT: Found this awesome key post which seems to be the same problem and will try that first!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/221#post-6924039

#15116 10 months ago
Quoted from nightsurfride:

Still have the game freezing every 20 games or so and then resets. Tried a faster transfer rate SD card, but the issue is the same. It always happens when a video clip starts.

Same here, I keep getting freezes then resets every 20-30 games when I installed insider connect and updated with latest code. I never had that issue before.. is this common and is there a fix?

#15117 10 months ago

The wild market target does nothing at all unless you beat the final wizard mode? Did I read that right?

#15118 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

The wild market target does nothing at all unless you beat the final wizard mode? Did I read that right?

Hitting it increases the Wild Market Value. Once you do all the things, you start Wild Market Value (Sell the House) at the cellar. You then need to hit the target to sell the house and collect the hurry up.

#15119 10 months ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Still waiting on a new trough board to make mine work..... but I had another problem which should be extremely simple:
The action button gets stuck like crazy. If I take the apron off..... *poof*.... it pops back out. Put the apron on, hit the button, and *bang* stuck in the down position again.
Doesn't seem like there's much to the mech, ultra simple.... but I don't understand what it's getting hung on. When the apron is removed, you can hit it as much as you want, no problem. lock it down and it gets stuck. Weird.
I'm guessing this is a normal and regular thing with a simple fix.

I was having the same issue and figured out that I needed to hold the button down as I am putting the apron back on. With the button held down, as long as I make sure it's lined up with the interior switch, it never gets stuck once the apron is locked back down.

#15120 10 months ago

I feel like I've tried everything to fix my shooter lane rattling issue. I'm extremely annoyed!

Please, for the love of everything sacred, if you had this problem (newest run) and fixed it, please let me know. I've tried everything on this thread, it seems.

#15121 10 months ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

I feel like I've tried everything to fix my shooter lane rattling issue. I'm extremely annoyed!
Please, for the love of everything sacred, if you had this problem (newest run) and fixed it, please let me know. I've tried everything on this thread, it seems.

Curious, if it's the latest run, would this be something Stern would warranty? I daresay they should. Keep us posted. Sending you positive vibes from Canada.

#15122 10 months ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Most likely, the opto switch in the subway behind the backboard is misaligned, broken, dirty, or otherwise not functioning correctly.

Sorry I'm not sure where this opto is located and does house need taking off for access

#15123 10 months ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Same here, got my game recently too. Gonna try the shooter lane protector someone recommended.

#15124 10 months ago

Just can’t get into this game, sold Godzilla premium to buy it and was an instant regret, had to put another deposit down

#15125 10 months ago
Quoted from daytonspink:

Just can’t get into this game, sold Godzilla premium to buy it and was an instant regret, had to put another deposit down

Did you play this game enough times before committing to buying it?

#15126 10 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Did you play this game enough times before committing to buying it?

It was my dads choice of game so figured I’d go for it

#15127 10 months ago
Quoted from daytonspink:

I've got GZ prem and just got Elvira. Two completely different games. Really like Elvira but to be honest Godzilla is a bit next level on most parts. A bit disappointed with the QC on Elvira and it almost felt like a Pro compared to GZ. Paid extra for my Elvira and expected better quality and QC.

#15128 10 months ago
Quoted from Chaggers:

Sorry I'm not sure where this opto is located and does house need taking off for access

You do not need to remove the house. Put the playfield into service position and look behind the back board. You'll see a small black subway with an opto switch and an up/down post. The switch is #54 in the switch reference chart and diagram pages 15 and 17 in the manual. ( https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Elvira_LE_Pre_web.pdf ) There are two sides to the switch: a transmit side (tx) and a receiver side (rx).

A previous owner had a similar issue. Reference this post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/302#post-7600062

#15129 10 months ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Hitting it increases the Wild Market Value. Once you do all the things, you start Wild Market Value (Sell the House) at the cellar. You then need to hit the target to sell the house and collect the hurry up.

Right, but it gives no immediate points or benefit. It's just collecting essentially points that you can potentially get if you beat the final mode?

#15130 10 months ago

Right, but it gives no immediate points or benefit. It's just collecting essentially points that you can potentially get if you beat the final mode?

Correct.

#15131 10 months ago
Quoted from daytonspink:

Have you at least gotten to House Party or Gappa? If not, keep playing until you do, it may change your mind. Not sure what’s not to love about this game honestly. Other than the standard fan layout it has it all imo.

#15132 10 months ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Have you at least gotten to House Party or Gappa? If not, keep playing until you do, it may change your mind. Not sure what’s not to love about this game honestly. Other than the standard fan layout it has it all imo.

I just picked one up, and I think it's brilliant. First game in a long time that gave me the joy that I felt playing AFM and MM.

Not sure why people complain about fan layout. It's successful for a reason. There are loads of games with more unique shots, but sometimes you need a good fan to just shoot and enjoy without too much hassle.

The theme and humor is spot on, and exactly what I like about the 90s era of pinball. I beat the game after owning it for less than a week, and I have no desire to sell it.

Lyman had a way of sort of telling a story with his codes. He did it so well with so many games, and this one is IMO one of his finest.

You can't compare this game to Godzilla, because that's sort of like comparing Shawshank Redemption to Anchorman.

Both great films, and both great games, but from completely different genres.

I just got a Foo Fighters LE, and honestly, since I picked up Elvira, I haven't even turned it on.

That says something!

#15133 10 months ago

Fan layouts are often seen as just simple and dismissed by some.

#15134 10 months ago

I am definitely liking the game and have already done quite a few mods to spice it up a bit. Had several issues when delivered which hurt some of the initial impression. Most work of my NIB:s so far. Hopefully I can sort out the rattling plunge which seems the hardest to solve, as the playfield is cut to far to the left in the shooter lane.

#15135 10 months ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

You do not need to remove the house. Put the playfield into service position and look behind the back board. You'll see a small black subway with an opto switch and an up/down post. The switch is #54 in the switch reference chart and diagram pages 15 and 17 in the manual. ( https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Elvira_LE_Pre_web.pdf ) There are two sides to the switch: a transmit side (tx) and a receiver side (rx).
A previous owner had a similar issue. Reference this post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/302#post-7600062

Cheers I've sorted
Cleaned opto sensor and religned working oerfect now

#15136 10 months ago
Quoted from Chaggers:

Cheers I've sorted
Cleaned opto sensor and religned working oerfect now

Yea!

#15137 10 months ago

I've just played and the same thing has happened again
Haunts sometimes stating on startup of game its random
Checked the opto sensor and I'm not sire if it needs to be adjusted to a tight margin as there a hole on subway which I assume lines up with the sensor
Either that or the brckt it sits on needs readjusting
I'm not sure failing that a new option sensor

#15138 10 months ago

That's right

#15139 10 months ago

Just got rid of a stranger things pro and thinking of picking up a EHOH but worried about the similarities in layout. Anyone have both or played both and think they are too similar shooting or not? Any information appreciated!!

#15140 10 months ago
Quoted from pinner11:

Just got rid of a stranger things pro and thinking of picking up a EHOH but worried about the similarities in layout. Anyone have both or played both and think they are too similar shooting or not? Any information appreciated!!

I own both and feel they are very different machines. It's like having Attack From Mars and Medieval Madness. Seem similar on first look but not similar at all upon playing

#15141 10 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I own both and feel they are very different machines. It's like having Attack From Mars and Medieval Madness. Seem similar on first look but not similar at all upon playing

Thanks for the info. Do you prefer one over the other?

#15142 10 months ago
Quoted from pinner11:

Thanks for the info. Do you prefer one over the other?

I lean towards Stranger Things from a story telling standpoint but the code on EHOH is bloody brilliant

#15143 10 months ago

Got both games, both different enough to enjoy having either (or both)! STh has some more difficult shots, so I find it more difficult to progress (not in a bad way). Sometimes I'll play mode progress, other times demogorgan progress, with Elvira you might go crypt focus, house mode focus, trunk etc.

#15144 10 months ago
Quoted from daytonspink:

I have both and find myself pushing start again and again on elvira no matter if I have a good or bad game. Godzilla is brilliant, but to me elvira is more fun.

#15145 10 months ago

I have a STh Pro, Godzilla Premium and EHOH Premium in a 3 pin collection and think they are all different and work well together. Godzilla and EHOH are new the collection and I am still trying to learn them, but find myself going back to Sth as it is familiar and such a fun game. Still need time on the other two but at this stage Sth is still the most fun and also the one that most people that come over are drawn to and play. In terms of pimping out Godzilla is the King. I have so many mods for it and they all look amazing. Can't wait for the topper.

#15146 10 months ago

I have a problem that I don't see here so thought I would ask. My game will start a haunt when the house is open without hitting the house. I have narrowed it down to switch 54 (house lock) being too sensitive but I am not clear how to fix this. The bracket secures to the backboard at the top and then hangs around the subway that the ball goes through.

Any vibration (specifically the pops) set that off, verified when lifted the playfield in switch test and touched the back of the game. Anyone else have this problem and or have any suggestions on how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#15147 10 months ago

One thing I really like about my new EHOH premium is the snappy flippers. The flippers on my Godzilla is much less snappy (regardless of playing time so it's not flipper fade).

Would it work to replace the flipper coils on my Godzilla with the same kind that's on Elvira?

#15148 10 months ago

Is it true another run is coming later in the year?

#15149 10 months ago
Quoted from JayLar:

One thing I really like about my new EHOH premium is the snappy flippers. The flippers on my Godzilla is much less snappy (regardless of playing time so it's not flipper fade).
Would it work to replace the flipper coils on my Godzilla with the same kind that's on Elvira?

I find this a lot with modern Stern games. Had two Jurassic Park machines in my basement, one an LE and one a premium. One shot super snappy, the other spongier.

Then EHOH shoots very snappy, as does my FF, but GZ a bit less.

No idea why.

#15150 10 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I find this a lot with modern Stern games. Had two Jurassic Park machines in my basement, one an LE and one a premium. One shot super snappy, the other spongier.
Then EHOH shoots very snappy, as does my FF, but GZ a bit less.
No idea why.

Check the coil stops. Gold dust in the cabinet means they are failing. Super common in Sterns.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Trade
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,157 posts in this topic. You are on page 303 of 364.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/303?hl=good-times and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.