IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 363.
#601 4 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Proble

Thanks to Mad Dog. Problem solved. Switch gap needs to be 1 mm or less. Hitting 8 out of 10.
Reality_Studio I would ask Stern for a new switch. Once you start playing with those metal flaps they are never the same.

That's likely what I'll do, Stern has already offered to send me a new switch. Waiting to see what they suggest for the ramp first though before I have them send that out.

#602 4 years ago

EHOH - Tip of the Day:

I was becoming a little annoyed at my VUK. I thought that at max power it was suppose to strike one of the "junk in the trunk" targets. The factory default is Max 255 and it doesn't ever hit those targets (I'm fine with that because I think over time it would break things). What is does do it make a perfect shot to the left drain lane 20% of the time. I've seen where others have put tape on the inside curve the VUK to slow things down. That works but is kind of old school. The new code allows for coil power tweaks. I dropped my coil power down to 200 and I'm pretty happy with the results. A perfect serve to the left flipper.

#603 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

You're right... This game while it has a lot of stop and go to it. Which you want, because you get to see sexy Elvira when it stops. How they handle the stop and go is a bit unique. You hit a ramp, which when as you said stops the ball, but when its not lit it feed to the orbits for a return(which can go by design into the slings), and during the mode start it feeds into the pops, which can go anywhere... Or it can bounce safely to the right orbit and make the safest return to the flippers in the game.
I like this design. Its a mix of going to kick your butt, but I'll give a chance to succeed. Its not trying to bust your balls, but it can.

Yes, I think Dennis and Lyman hit it out of the park there! And all my other pins I can never watch any of the video because the ball is still in play here the ball is safely stopped it feels like a solid shot you see a short video and boom it picks right up I really like it.

#604 4 years ago

I find myself sitting here at work watching the clock...anxiously looking forward to getting home to play a few games of EHOH...I can't say I have ever felt that way towards any other Pin in my collection...maybe it's the beer that I will have while playing...hmmm, doesn't matter...either way Elvira is involved. I do enjoy this machine...thanks Stern.

#605 4 years ago

Hey guys. Are there still LEs available out there? If so, what is the real street price I should expect (not MSRP)?

#606 4 years ago

Premium owners please chime in when you game gets delivered!

#607 4 years ago

Update for you guys on my ramp issue in case it affects anyone else. Stern support has been great, I never called them instead I did it all via their website, they have been very prompt in their replies and looks like they found the issue. It seems like my machine is missing a white spacer on the ramp side, see the two attached pics. One shows my table and the other shows how it should be with the white spacer. So they will send me the missing spacer.

2019-11-05 (resized).png2019-11-05 (resized).pngIMG_20191105_133057 (resized).jpgIMG_20191105_133057 (resized).jpg
#608 4 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Update for you guys on my ramp issue in case it affects anyone else. Stern support has been great, I never called them instead I did it all via their website, they have been very prompt in their replies and looks like they found the issue. It seems like my machine is missing a white spacer on the ramp side, see the two attached pics. One shows my table and the other shows how it should be with the white spacer. So they will send me the missing spacer.[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s funny. That spacer isn’t listed in the manual but it is the exact fix I suggested in post #571. I certainly didn’t have a spacer in that location.

#609 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Hey guys. Are there still LEs available out there? If so, what is the real street price I should expect (not MSRP)?

Yes, there are a few. It’ll be tough to find one under MSRP at this point, but cash or a wire transfer might increase your odds.

There’s also an HUO LE in the marketplace for $9k.

#610 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Premium owners please chime in when you game gets delivered!

My premium came Friday

D0A276D9-86AD-4A67-A3C5-13AAE75FAE6E (resized).jpegD0A276D9-86AD-4A67-A3C5-13AAE75FAE6E (resized).jpeg
#611 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

My premium came Friday[quoted image]

How does the cabinet look on it?

#612 4 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

How does the cabinet look on it?

Fantastic!

#613 4 years ago

Got home from work today and wife surprised me with a elvira figure to display her inside I was pretty stoke let me know what you guys think. She looks on fire

20191104_175112 (resized).jpg20191104_175112 (resized).jpg20191105_164424 (resized).jpg20191105_164424 (resized).jpg20191105_164400 (resized).jpg20191105_164400 (resized).jpg20191105_164337 (resized).jpg20191105_164337 (resized).jpg
#614 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Got home from work today and wife surprised me with a elvira figure to display her inside I was pretty stoke let me know what you guys think. She looks on fire[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome... Now you have both an Elvira pin and Attack of the 50 foot Woman!!! Cos, she is as tall as her house!!! If the house was made of brick... She'd be a BRICK....

Yeah... I'm sorry guys. I'll just slink away.

#615 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Got home from work today and wife surprised me with a elvira figure to display her inside I was pretty stoke let me know what you guys think. She looks on fire[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Released in 2010, it’s quite pricey on the secondary market but it’s a very nice likeness and the whole “Attack of the 50’ Woman” angle could certainly work with the theme. (Is she standing on a pop bumper?)

A very nice gift from your wife. I’m just happy mine let us get the game.

#616 4 years ago

I finally hit the back door skill shot! I have no idea how I did it. It is truly right behind the house on the right side just past the ball diverter. I definitely heard it click and then it told me I hit the shot. It seems as if you have to auto plunge just the right strength and it is still hit or miss but that’s all I could figure out. I suggest play with it and see if you can figure it out everyone.

#617 4 years ago

I find achieving the correct pitch on these modern Stern games odd. Back in the day on Bally and Williams the front leg levelers were always snug to the bottom of the leg (no gap) and the rears always had about an inch of lift on them. Modern Sterns seem to be just the opposite. I know it is because where the legs are mounted on the Stern cabinet but it looks odd in line with my Bally titles. I also noticed that the level bubble when centered between the lines produces a pitch of about 8.5 degrees according to my pitch meter (on Elvira anyway). There is a lot of tweaking these cabinets to get them dialed in.

Added over 4 years ago:

My cheap digital pitch meter is way off. I used a different one and the results are much more in-line with factory specs. Between the lines on the bubble level is fairly accurate (6.50 degrees).

#618 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Quoted from Blackzarak:

Never too old to play with Dolls !

#619 4 years ago

got my Signature Edition #25/50 yesterday. extremely impressed so far. not one issue. it's hard to tell in the pics, but the foil is jaw dropping incredible. the code is young, but like others have said, the framework that's there is solid and I expect nothing but greatness from what's to come.

code update, proper alignment, and power adjustments were a must.

the shots on this game are like a dream. and stacking all the modes and multiballs on top of eachother while staring at boobies is exactly what it sounds like.
20191106_135932.jpg20191106_135932.jpg20191106_140206.jpg20191106_140206.jpg20191106_143111.jpg20191106_143111.jpg

20191106_150140 (resized).jpg20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
#620 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

My premium came Friday[quoted image]

I saw that CL posting. That was a good deal and made me bummed I was already paid in full.

#621 4 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

Congrats! Would love to see the side decals in person. From what I understand it’s almost impossible to take a representative photo.

What do you mean by “proper alignment”?

#622 4 years ago

just leveling it properly so I can actually hit the skill shot and messing with the VUK so it doesn't shoot into the outlane..

same stuff everyone else is having to do, but again not a big deal at all only took a few minutes.

#623 4 years ago

got my Signature Edition #25/50 yesterday. extremely impressed so far. not one issue. it's hard to tell in the pics, but the foil is jaw dropping incredible. the code is young, but like others have said, the framework that's there is solid and I expect nothing but greatness from what's to come.
the shots on this game are like a dream. and stacking all the modes and multiballs on top of eachother while staring at boobies is exactly what it sounds like.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Armor shape and color looks great. I wouldn't add a bunch of aftermarket crap because it looks great stock.

Well maybe some chrome or black leg bolts. That's a nice frugal upgrade after dropping all that cash

#624 4 years ago

@hbagz - I see Gary didn’t sign the COA. How do you know it’s actually an authentic Signature Edition?

#625 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

hbagz - I see Gary didn’t sign the COA. How do you know it’s actually an authentic Signature Edition?

I would take hers over his any day.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#626 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I would take hers over his any day.

Absolutely.

#627 4 years ago

Has anyone else been experiencing the ball when coming around the orbit on the left will hit the left slingshot ? Have my game at 7 degrees.

Any proven fixes or adjustments?

#628 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Has anyone else been experiencing the ball when coming around the orbit on the left will hit the left slingshot ?

I think EVERYONE has been experiencing this, tbh. Almost seems intentional.

#629 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

It is intentional. But, you can get around it by giving the game a bit of a nudge. You might still hit the sling... But, it should be easier to rebound and control even if it does hit the sling.
Game keeps you on your toes that is certain. And I think that is one of the trade offs for the layout of the shots. Not a lot of tough shots in this game. But, keeping control and getting the ball back under control, can be a challenge.

#630 4 years ago

Front of Elvira's House of Horrors T-shirt and 2 Scared Stiff T-shirts (showing back and front).
Elvira T-shirts (resized).jpgElvira T-shirts (resized).jpg

#631 4 years ago

Some enterprising distributor (or Stern) could have made a lot of money selling T-shirts and translites for the signing/photo sessions with Cassandra. I just happened to find the T-shirt by dumb luck at the Stern factory tour. I did manage to snag one of the limited edition backglass prints, but would have loved a signed translite.

51FE2FD8-B062-4FEC-A4AC-F58C1F4483BD (resized).jpeg51FE2FD8-B062-4FEC-A4AC-F58C1F4483BD (resized).jpeg
#632 4 years ago

So I guess we won't see any infinitely repeatable SR-style outer orbit shots with this game? Leaving this out seems like an odd choice considering how the layout is capable of it. Maybe purposely slowing down the gameplay?

#633 4 years ago

I assume it is intentional because it did the same on the Deadflip reveal stream which had all the Stern folk playing it live.

#634 4 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Got to play this exact game and meet Matt Tuesday night (awesome guy and host). Previously didn't see more of the game than a bit of a stream and the teaser, so I was pretty impressed when I got to experience it. Code may be early, but the atmosphere is already beyond expectations (haunt intro is perfect).

Foil cabinet absolutely needs to be seen in person to appreciate.

Can't wait to play it again

#635 4 years ago

Any updates on when the Premiums will be shipping? Thanks

#636 4 years ago
Quoted from dracula40:

Any updates on when the Premiums will be shipping? Thanks

End of next week is what I heard. LEs/SEs finished earlier this week.

#637 4 years ago

Great! Thanks

#638 4 years ago

So, a couple things I just need to rant about...

Hit 419m today. Could've been higher, but had some short multiballs.

I know the code will come. I'm not worried about that, but the antici-

pation is killing me.
1. Reaching Director's Cut and getting stuck with nothing to do really sucks. I started trying to figure out a way to shoot the left outlane on purpose.
2. Trailer Trash can be worth a ton of points. Wow.
3. On another game, I had 44m in bonus. If only I had selected Double Bone Us from the Hand of Fate!
4. Is it going to be possible to get all six awards from the HoF?
5. I turned on my GOTG Pre for the first time since getting EHOH and ST. Made me wish EHOH had RGB lighting.

Okay. End of rant.
Go play some pinball!

#639 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Got to play this exact game and meet Matt Tuesday night (awesome guy and host). Previously didn't see more of the game than a bit of a stream and the teaser, so I was pretty impressed when I got to experience it. Code may be early, but the atmosphere is already beyond expectations (haunt intro is perfect).
Foil cabinet absolutely needs to be seen in person to appreciate.
Can't wait to play it again

glad to have you over, I couldn't have set it up without you lol, thank you again so much I can't wait to have you back again. really excited to check out your mods and potentially get something for Elvira.

#640 4 years ago

After leveling it correctly, the tilt wire is now very close to the bracket. It tilts very easily, even without nudging. Anyone has this issue or know the best way to fix it? (sorry it's difficult to show with pictures, the wire is almost touching the lower right part of the bracket)

20191106_191147 (resized).jpg20191106_191147 (resized).jpg20191106_214854 (resized).jpg20191106_214854 (resized).jpg
#641 4 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

After leveling it correctly, the tilt wire is now very close to the bracket. It tilts very easily, even without nudging. Anyone has this issue or know the best way to fix it? (sorry it's difficult to show with pictures, the wire is almost touching the lower right part of the bracket)[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks very wrong. New Sterns are almost flat footed when you have them at the proper level (unlike Bally and Williams). The bubble level is ok. Are you between the lines?

#642 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

That looks very wrong. New Sterns are almost flat footed when you have them at the proper level (unlike Bally and Williams). The bubble level is ok. Are you between the lines?

Yes
She's a little at 6.8.
I think the bracket has not been mounted correctly, I'm a little afraid to bend it to correct the issue

20191108_082746 (resized).jpg20191108_082746 (resized).jpg
#643 4 years ago

More pics of the bracket

20191106_214854 (resized).jpg20191106_214854 (resized).jpg20191106_214914 (resized).jpg20191106_214914 (resized).jpg
#644 4 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

More pics of the bracket[quoted image][quoted image]

Move/bend the bracket to where it should be. Fixed.

#645 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

So I guess we won't see any infinitely repeatable SR-style outer orbit shots with this game? Leaving this out seems like an odd choice considering how the layout is capable of it. Maybe purposely slowing down the gameplay?

That cannot be the intention. It kills the flow of the game. My friends machine wasn't doing it but started after we played a bit. Figured it either got off level or something in the game shifted. Worst case adjust the ball guide a hair to move it out. Has to be possible.

#646 4 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

More pics of the bracket[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like somebody got a little sloppy at the factory. I agree with NightTrain - bend it.

#647 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Bend the bracket to where it should be.

Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I agree with NightTrain. You should bend it.

That's how David Beckham fixed the bracket on his game. Do what he did...bend it like Beckham.

#648 4 years ago

Loosen the mounting screw and rotate it up.

It's just sagging a bit.

Not that I ever understood a Tilt Mech in a home game.

#649 4 years ago

Having issues with gargoyles in front of house. Originally they would pop up and stick in the up position. So I loosened them and repositioned. So now they move freely. Although after a few games the bracket gets hammered and moves. Thus making them catch again. Any ideas?
Magicchiz

#650 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Having issues with gargoyles in front of house. Originally they would pop up and stick in the up position. So I loosened them and repositioned. So now they move freely. Although after a few games the bracket gets hammered and moves. Thus making them catch again. Any ideas?
Magicchiz

Dumb question, but did you remove the shipping foam from under neither the playfield that protects the gargoyles during shipping?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,855 (OBO)
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.