Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png
IMG20240320201857.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,053 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 362.
#3401 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I am trying to update Elvira HOH but when I put the USB in and turn on pin it just boots up normal.
The USB is new 16G and just has Elvira code on. Not sure what is wrong, it never asks me to update it just boots normal. This is my first Spike so not sure if there is a DIP switch like SAM.
this is a picture of my USB drive files
[quoted image]

Erase your USB thumb drive and then download the code to your computer. Open that file on your computer and copy over the contents of that file only. It should be 2 or 3 files. Power off your game and install the USB stick. Power on and hit enter when prompted. That’s it. It does take about 20 minutes to update and for awhile it looks like it is doing nothing.

#3402 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Erase your USB thumb drive and then download the code to your computer. Open that file on your computer and copy over the contents of that file only. It should be 2 or 3 files. Power off your game and install the USB stick. Power on and hit enter when prompted. That’s it. It does take about 20 minutes to update and for awhile it looks like it is doing nothing.

Yep, that's the way to do it...I don't think USB size makes a hill of beans worth a difference as long as the files fit.

#3403 3 years ago

That's How I have done it. Im going to try and help him. I download to desktop and unzip to USB when it asks for a destination

#3404 3 years ago

They are on the plastics and in some of the animations. Overall they did a really good job integrating the old games into the current one. Of course it helps when you having the same design team for all 3 games.

That’s cool. I guess I was really hoping for the music from the mode in SS.

#3405 3 years ago

It might be that you need format your stick using fat32..spike system might not recognize the stick if its formated with exFat or NTFS (

#3406 3 years ago

Shoot. Saw all these new posts and thought there had been a code drop.

#3407 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

First, I think you need to use an 8gb stick. Second, those aren’t the correct files. should look like this
[quoted image]

Let me try again.

#3408 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

It might be that you need format your stick using fat32..spike system might not recognize the stick if its formated with exFat or NTFS (

I think that's where the size an come into play. I Think Fat32 only works on 32GB or less.

#3409 3 years ago

I got it working now thanks was having trouble unpacking the files.

#3410 3 years ago

Wow the code really has improved a lot from what was on it before .88 (I think). Before, I didn't think the pin was that great, the shots are nice but the code felt flat or unexciting. I am not sure what all changed but way better, I think more film clips. I din't really like the pin but now I think it's great.

#3411 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Wow the code really has improved a lot from what was on it before .88 (I think). Before, I didn't think the pin was that great, the shots are nice but the code felt flat or unexciting. I am not sure what all changed but way better, I think more film clips. I din't really like the pin but now I think it's great.

Oh man. Just wait until you hit the new Gappa Angry or Attic Multiball! (Or when you brick Gappa and get one of the consolation multiballs, and then brick that too! Like I have done repeatedly

#3412 3 years ago

Son of a bitch, missed out on the Stern shooter rod! Went to order it now and goneski. Snooze you lose I guess. It grew on me since I first saw it.

#3413 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Son of a bitch, missed out on the Stern shooter rod! Went to order it now and goneski. Snooze you lose I guess. It grew on me since I first saw it.

Call around to a few distributors.

If I bought one, it’s Elvira on my shooter rod!
87FB075F-56A2-4649-B4DC-B01F61AB4BD9 (resized).jpeg87FB075F-56A2-4649-B4DC-B01F61AB4BD9 (resized).jpeg

#3414 3 years ago

Need some help. Recently when I shoot the house to start a mod, the ball will just roll back out. This happens 80% of the time. Because this happens I don't get to see the Elvira clips much. what should I look for to fix this?

#3415 3 years ago
Quoted from nexfx:

Need some help. Recently when I shoot the house to start a mod, the ball will just roll back out. This happens 80% of the time. Because this happens I don't get to see the Elvira clips much. what should I look for to fix this?

Does it roll out after ball search, or dribble out of the house?

If it releases after ball search, it’s likely an opto. If the house won’t hold it, it’s likely something blocking the ball.

#3416 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Does it roll out after ball search, or dribble out of the house?
If it releases after ball search, it’s likely an opto. If the house won’t hold it, it’s likely something blocking the ball.

it sadly just dribbles out. no ball search

#3417 3 years ago
Quoted from nexfx:

See post #2375 for fix.

#3418 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

The clown head?

#3419 3 years ago
Quoted from nexfx:

it sadly just dribbles out. no ball search

I feel that has something to do with the most recent code because it is doing it to me also but not at the the same rate. I think there was a change in the game timing. I'm hoping it magically goes away with the May code update. Oh wait, it is June now. If it doesn't go away I might have to do some exploratory surgery to find the cause.

#3420 3 years ago

I feel that has something to do with the most recent code because it is doing it to me also but not at the the same rate. I think there was a change in the game timing. I'm hoping it magically goes away with the May code update. Oh wait, it June now. If it doesn't go away I might have to do some exploratory surgery to find the cause.

Probably not code and a possible fix in post #2375.

#3421 3 years ago

I've a question, a right orbit shot (coming out the left side) will more often than not hit the top of my left sling, I assume this is not supposed to happen?

#3422 3 years ago
Quoted from Otto110:

The clown head?

Yeah the clown head.

Quoted from Vino:

Call around to a few distributors.

I'll reach out to a distributor or two and see if they can help - good suggestion!

#3423 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Probably not code and a possible fix in post #2375.

I just checked into that fix and that post is not binding on the edge on mine.

#3424 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I've a question, a right orbit shot (coming out the left side) will more often than not hit the top of my left sling, I assume this is not supposed to happen?

Some have made adjustments to prevent that. I have not. (Mine hits the sling.)

#3425 3 years ago
Quoted from nexfx:

This happens on mine. I think it's because the diverter is not moving all the way up. When I fix my trunk, I'm going to look at it again.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3426 3 years ago
Quoted from nexfx:

I just checked into that fix and that post is not binding on the edge on mine.

By checked you mean you pushed up on that post multiple times and it freely fell back down without any friction slowing it down? Was a fix for my issue and just the slightest friction slowing that post to drop down will screw up the timing.

#3427 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Many were having this issue, myself included. Its a super easy fix fortunately!

Around 3:10 of this video he very well explains the fix. I believe ive seen him in this thread, he has some super helpful videos for noobs (like myself) and veterans alike.

#3428 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Around 3:10 of this video he very well explains the fix. I believe ive seen him in this thread, he has some super helpful videos for noobs (like myself) and veterans alike.

thanks that's just what I needed!!

#3429 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

By checked you mean you pushed up on that post multiple times and it freely fell back down without any friction slowing it down? Was a fix for my issue and just the slightest friction slowing that post to drop down will screw up the timing.

Yes there seams to be no friction on the post.

#3430 3 years ago
Quoted from nexfx:

Yes there seams to be no friction on the post.

I had a similar issue early on and the post was actually hitting the opto mounting bracket next to the post. That bracket was loose and would move around during play so sometimes it would work and other times it would not. Is the opto bracket out of the way and tight?

#3431 3 years ago

So Stern has the JP topper on its site for $599...I wonder how much they plan on charging for the EHOH topper? Tombstones and jumping Gargoyles can't cost too much...right?

#3432 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

So Stern has the JP topper on its site for $599...I wonder how much they plan on charging for the EHOH topper? Tombstones and jumping Gargoyles can't cost too much...right?

I just hope it is a topper and not some cheap-o piece of junk that "unlocks" a mode in the game like the JP topper is. So disappointed with the new trend from Stern on overpriced mods just to unlock something already baked into the code.

Elvira is the perfect game, so if they launch something similar ill just pretend I didnt see it

#3433 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I just hope it is a topper and not some cheap-o piece of junk that "unlocks" a mode in the game like the JP topper is. So disappointed with the new trend from Stern on overpriced mods just to unlock something already baked into the code.
Elvira is the perfect game, so if they launch something similar ill just pretend I didnt see it

Is there any video anywhere yet of the JP topper actually "in action" ... and hopefully not "inaction?"

I'm starting to wonder if their topper pricing has no direct relationship to its bill of materials at all (other than being priced at a nice, if not hefty profit), but is actually determined far more by popularity/cost/sales of a given license/game and what they think owners simply can/would pay. Consider:

- Star Wars is *THE* license; game likely sold and still sells quite well for its age = $750 topper for not too much going on - but it is, after all, R2D2
- Jurassic Park is not nearly as big as the Star Wars license, but still very big; ditto on game sales initially and still = $600 topper that does (... what?)
- Munsters is a nostalgic TV license for folks who grew up with it; game sales reportedly sluggish = $425 topper with animated iconic cuckoo clock raven
- BKSOR is a nostalgic license known mostly only within the pinball community; reportedly underwhelming sales = $425 topper many consider the GOAT

So if that correlation is somewhat accurate, an Elvira topper should land at a price much closer to The Munsters/BKSOR end of the scale than the Jurassic Park end as it is not a mega license but has a cult (in the good sense) following and is also very well known in the pinball community.

Not claiming I'm right or have inside knowledge, just rambling about something I've been pondering for a while now.

#3434 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Is there any video anywhere yet of the JP topper actually "in action" ... and hopefully not "inaction?"
I'm starting to wonder if their topper pricing has no direct relationship to its bill of materials at all (other than being priced at a nice, if not hefty profit), but is actually determined far more by popularity/cost/sales of a given license/game and what they think owners simply can/would pay. Consider:
- Star Wars is *THE* license; game likely sold and still sells quite well for its age = $750 topper for not too much going on - but it is, after all, R2D2
- Jurassic Park is not nearly as big as the Star Wars license, but still very big; ditto on game sales initially and still = $600 topper that does (... what?)
- Munsters is a nostalgic TV license for folks who grew up with it; game sales reportedly sluggish = $425 topper with animated iconic cuckoo clock raven
- BKSOR is a nostalgic license known mostly only within the pinball community; reportedly underwhelming sales = $425 topper many consider the GOAT
So if that correlation is somewhat accurate, an Elvira topper should land at a price much closer to The Munsters/BKSOR end of the scale than the Jurassic Park end as it is not a mega license but has a cult (in the good sense) following and is also very well known in the pinball community.
Not claiming I'm right or have inside knowledge, just rambling about something I've been pondering for a while now.

These are great points. Part of the amazingness of Elvira is the fact they didnt have to waste money on some huge license.

#3435 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Part of the amazingness of Elvira is the fact they didnt have to waste money on some huge license.

Not sure what point you are trying to make. ??

Stern certainly paid license fees to Queen B Productions (Elvira’s company). I’m sure the license wasn’t as expensive as Star Wars, but I doubt it was insignificant.

#3436 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not sure what point you are trying to make. ??
Stern certainly paid license fees to Queen B Productions (Elvira’s company). I’m sure the license wasn’t as expensive as Star Wars, but I doubt it was insignificant.

I mean, you pretty much said it, so not sure what you dont get? The license wasnt as expensive as others, so they dumped more into making an amazing game. Were on the same page, I think

#3437 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:Call around to a few distributors.
[quoted image]

Now if the shooter rod hair was actual hair from Elvira's wig, that would be something

Rob

#3438 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I have not bothered adjusting the rail on the left orbit yet because balls that have a good speed will always go to the flipper on my game. When I first played Elvira the geometry felt really weird because while the orbits look the same, they feed the flippers differently. Game pitch and level was also affecting the cellar kickout which at one point was going SDTM a lot. I increased pitch from 6.9 to 7 and leveled the game (again) so it doesn't do that any more.

I need to check the level on the game once more(!) since the ball seems to favor the right flipper, even though it doesn't feel out of level.

Rob

#3439 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Were on the same page, I think

I guess we are.

#3440 3 years ago

Gotta be honest, if they made a boobies topper like the home brew one = sold.
Won’t happen.

#3441 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I just hope it is a topper and not some cheap-o piece of junk that "unlocks" a mode in the game like the JP topper is.

What does it unlock?

#3442 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Dude. Are those pinstadiums? You lost me.

#3443 3 years ago

So tonight I went to play a few games of Elvira before watching some TV and low and behold my machine would not boot (It is less than 1 month old). My stadium lights were getting power and the board had several red LEDs but nothing else. After ruling out the power issue I did some research and it appeared to be a corrupted SD card. So I spent the better part of an hour downloading software and flashing it to a new SD card. Also took a detour into issues related to only half of the memory showing up on the newly formatted SD card and sorted that out. Flashed the software to the new SD card and everything is up and running again. Turns out is was just a SD card that went bad. I am going to put together a video tutorial on how to do this and will upload it here once available just in case anyone comes across the same issue.

Photo Jun 04, 9 03 49 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jun 04, 9 03 49 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jun 04, 9 42 50 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jun 04, 9 42 50 PM (resized).jpg
#3444 3 years ago

I’m wondering about if this game will be available at your local distributor in the near future? Stern has been gearing up for the production of a ton of TMNTs since (semi) reopening ... ST was in production soon after the release of 3lvira ... are they even going to make more of 3lvira?

Not trying to cause a panic, just posing the question of how supply and demand will work out when it gets closer to Halloween 2020.

#3445 3 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

So tonight I went to play a few games of Elvira before watching some TV and low and behold my machine would not boot (It is less than 1 month old). My stadium lights were getting power and the board had several red LEDs but nothing else. After ruling out the power issue I did some research and it appeared to be a corrupted SD card. So I spent the better part of an hour downloading software and flashing it to a new SD card. Also took a detour into issues related to only half of the memory showing up on the newly formatted SD card and sorted that out. Flashed the software to the new SD card and everything is up and running again. Turns out is was just a SD card that went bad. I am going to put together a video tutorial on how to do this and will upload it here once available just in case anyone comes across the same issue.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That has happened to a lot of us on multiple games.

Stern must use the same supplier that supplies the coil stops supply the SD cards... cheap shit.

#3446 3 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Not trying to cause a panic, just posing the question of how supply and demand will work out when it gets closer to Halloween 2020.

No panic at all. This is an owners thread.

No one knows, but if demand is there, Stern will likely make more of them.

#3447 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Dude. Are those pinstadiums? You lost me.

They are homemade playfield lights. I like playing pins in the dark and build them for all my pins. You can adjust the color and intensity of the lights but they are not tied to the flashers.

Photo May 09, 12 50 53 AM (resized).jpgPhoto May 09, 12 50 53 AM (resized).jpgPhoto May 24, 9 27 35 PM (resized).jpgPhoto May 24, 9 27 35 PM (resized).jpg
#3448 3 years ago

Stern's SD card stock is only slightly more reliable than their coil stop stock.

#3449 3 years ago

Your stadium lights are the problem

#3450 3 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

I’m wondering about if this game will be available at your local distributor in the near future? Stern has been gearing up for the production of a ton of TMNTs since (semi) reopening ... ST was in production soon after the release of 3lvira ... are they even going to make more of 3lvira?

Word I heard is that Stern will be back to production at least to some degree in August. More Elviras are purportedly on the schedule.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

12,500 (OBO)
18,500 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

9,000 (Firm)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,053 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.