IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider floptube.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12476 1 year ago

Anyone know of any distros with a spot available for the next run? Would appreciate any leads

#12546 1 year ago
Quoted from DrDoom:

Hi I am in on the new run of Elvira Premium.
I have already secured a few Elvira MODS (Stern Topper, Medisinyl Set) and would like to add the Docquest Video Apron Mod.
Does anybody know with which kind of apron the new Elvira run will come from Stern?
I saw the pics from the 40th there was the QR Scanner on the left side.

Where did you find the Medisinyl Set? I’d like to get that myself.

1 week later
#12669 1 year ago

Only lane/sling protectors I can find are purple ones and blood drip red ones. Not the biggest fan of each from pictures I’ve seen but maybe they look better in person? Which ones look the best or are there others that look better?

1 week later
#12737 1 year ago

Jumped on a list a month ago and feel like it’s been years. I can’t imagine those of you who have been waiting for so long

#12786 1 year ago

Gomez was asked straight up about Elvira’s schedule during a Bond stream he was on today.

https://www.youtube.com/live/pDXOlGes3H0?feature=share

1:44:28 is when he’s asked. It’s not exactly comforting.

2 weeks later
#12965 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Looks awesome! I just sent mine off to be coated today!

Can I ask who is doing it, and how much they charge? Just curious.

1 week later
#13163 1 year ago

Looks like we’ll at least need some insert cards for the apron to hide the hideous IC one. Anyone have a source for those?

#13174 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

I wonder how many EHOH's are getting canceled today after seeing Foo?

Rather have Elvira personally

#13364 1 year ago

I can’t get over how ugly the IC apron card is. I’ve asked before but does anyone have a source for something better? Such a beautiful game to be using such terrible looking cards.

#13457 1 year ago

Delivery driver just called and said his truck broke down. It’s getting towed now so they’ll hopefully be able to deliver it tomorrow. Sigh

#13481 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Did you get yours today? Mine might deliver tomorrow? Only been 10 days to come from 12 hours away… shipping sucks these days!

I did. Box was in good condition but unfortunately small scratch under shooter rod assembly.

D6C9C08D-4394-449B-97E7-2701D917E5AA (resized).jpegD6C9C08D-4394-449B-97E7-2701D917E5AA (resized).jpeg

#13574 1 year ago

What kind/color of plastic protectors do you guys recommend? Can’t stand looking at these washers

#13580 1 year ago

What colors look good? I feel like I haven’t seen a lot of people using them

#13710 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

I had a dongle that just didn't work - I ended up getting a tp-link one from Amazon and it worked fine. Something to try at least - Stern sent me another Startech one about 6 months or more later, and I didn't even bother to try it since the tp-link one was working fine.

How much for the Startech?

#13764 1 year ago

I have 2 concerns with my new game.

1: what exactly is supposed to happen with the final shot of defeating a head when I have to hit the apron button? When I hit the button it sometimes dribbles out of the vuk and sdtm or it is too weak to hit the trunk targets and gets bounced around by the slings. Is this how it is supposed to be? Normal ejects from the vuk always hit the targets but trying to defeat the heads seems to have different results with eject power.

2: last night I started to have bricked shots going off the garage stand up target if I hit it fast and flush. I had the same problem on Bond and ended up cutting some of the spring down which helped a lot. Should I do the same here or is there another solution?

Thanks

#13766 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

1) it's supposed to shoot across and hit the stand ups on the left hand side to finish the event (mine also does not behave correctly, going to try to scallop the vuk post as HurryUpPinball outlined in their youtube video)
2) i have this same problem, please let me know if you find a fix, I tried switching the spring to a flipper return spring and it didn't seem to help

So it’s supposed to hit the targets when completing the mode every time without fail? Why does it work every other time but not when trying to finish a head? Seems like it’s changing the eject power for that mode for some reason. Is there a deadhead eject power setting in the menus?

#13780 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

There are many different fixes suggested for the VUK. The one that worked for me is aligning the subway properly. Raise your playfield and have a look at how the subway is lined up with the hole. If it looks incorrect, fix it as shown here. If it's aligned poorly, the ball can hit the edge of the playfield on its way up and cause all sorts of erratic launches. To finish a deadhead, you want to time your shot so that it hits the lit target across the playfield. If you miss the shot 2x, the third attempt is a freebie and the head is defeated.
[quoted image][quoted image]

What do you mean time the shot? Don’t you just hit the blinking apron button to eject a ball?

#13783 1 year ago

Ok thanks that makes sense. I guess I’ll have to get the vuk dialed in and then give it a shot

#13890 1 year ago
Quoted from Jmxdc:

Other than my ramp on the house touching the pin on the left gargoyle when it goes up, my game has been playing great no other issues.

What was your fix to this issue?

#13937 1 year ago

Highly recommend turning on the house turret to spin when locking balls. Love the feature and it’s not used enough throughout the game, this helps show it off more.

#13945 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What. I have had this game since 2019 and somehow never noticed this setting!

Yeah seen someone post about it recently and figured I’d mention it for anyone that missed it. Love the difference it makes

#13955 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Has anyone been able to fix their crypt kicker VUK without redrilling the bracket holes? Perhaps by bending the bracket or using washer to re-angle it or something less invasive? I'm not getting the issue of it coming out of the vuk like a dribble and going towards the left outlane.
Thanks!

Not yet. Tried a number of things with small improvements but nothing has completely worked yet. Going to try this next

#13970 1 year ago

How’s everyone’s playfields holding up near vuk eject area? Mine is a crater fest. I’m sure they all look like that just sucks to see a new game take such a beating

#13973 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Just put down a square of mylar on the impact area after you get your VUK dialed in.

Too late now. At this point I’m hoping more craters will help it all blend in a bit more.

#13976 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Is there a pic of such crater damage? I've noticed nothing yet, but still really early in my ownership

Hard to get the right angle but here you can see a portion of it. Extends to the left and to the right with the random ejects I’ve been having

4F4972D4-C65A-4C91-A200-466194FAC939 (resized).jpeg4F4972D4-C65A-4C91-A200-466194FAC939 (resized).jpeg
#13981 1 year ago

That's some crazy spots to be getting the ball to hit from your VUK. Yours is just spitting everywhere?

It's definitely not consistent. Generally it hits the targets and feels great but sometimes it can't make it and hits the sling or lanes.

#13993 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Weird, because I look on my LE and I can't see a single dimple.... Maybe a small scuff in front of the middle stand up. I don't remember if I put mylar down, but I will now.
Picture taken with phone on glass and flash on
Rob
[quoted image]

Your balls launch that far? How’s it look in the same area as the picture I posted? I find it hard to believe nobody else has a single crater

#14001 1 year ago

Are your balls hitting the target and rebounding or are they hitting the playfield first then skipping/rolling into the targets on the trunk?

Playfield first then rolling

#14031 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Yes, they launch that far.
Rob

Is that normal? The ball should hit the targets before hitting the playfield? Seems awfully far

#14035 1 year ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

The ball *should* hit the target first. That's what mine does now that it's dialed in.

Wow that’s crazy. I thought my adjustments were making things better but turns out I’m not even close. Wonder why mine is so underpowered?

#14041 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Stern must have gotten into a batch of hard wood on this latest run of playfields, I just went over mine with a bright light from all angles and see almost no signs of dimpling.

Mine is also new. Dimples literally everywhere

#14089 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Does anyone have the blood plastic protectors on the inlanes mod? I am thinking of getting them but wonder if it mutes the GI on the playfield?
[quoted image]

Highly recommend just the clears from Pinball Life. I tried a few different kinds and found those to be the best by far.

#14101 1 year ago
Quoted from DrHfuhruhurr:

I received my pin Thursday and am very happy to finally join the club. So far, I’ve dialed in a couple of nits (turret rotation and left ball guide) with success. The shooter lane rattles a bit, but I’ve centered up the shooter rod as best I can, and I think I can live with it. Two questions, if you please:
1) I saw the comments about lowering sling power. What’s the ideal setting?
2) When launching a new ball, it occasionally bounces back off of the wire gate guard thing (not sure what it’s called) at the top right of the playfield, just before the pops. I assume that’s not supposed to happen. Any tips?
I’m sure these won’t be my last questions, but thanks for any help!

You can remove the gate easily with 2 screws. Then remove the wire and flip the frame around 180 degrees and insert wire back in. This will bring the entire assembly higher in the lane giving your ball a clear path

#14108 1 year ago
Quoted from DrHfuhruhurr:

Played a lot over the weekend. Man, I really enjoy this game. So different from our first pin (Iron Maiden). I do have a few basic gameplay/mechanical questions, though:
1. When starting a haunt through the back door, the ball always locks in the house until the intro video is finished. When starting a hunt through the front door, no such lock—meaning it is immediately diverted to the pops and potentially SDTM while the playfield lights are still dark (for the intro video to play out). Surely this is not the intent, is it?
2. Are the flippers farther apart compared to other games? Those SDTM shots are brutal, and it feels like no amount of nudging is going to stop it. I recognize it’s a new game for me, but ball time is LOW so far.
TIA1

If your post seems to be working correctly you might have to add velcro to the subway behind the house. I had the same thing happening, seems to be a pretty common issue. This fixed it for me 100% so far.

27FC5C29-831D-424E-9A0A-19C81A9B42DB (resized).jpeg27FC5C29-831D-424E-9A0A-19C81A9B42DB (resized).jpeg
#14141 1 year ago

Wow, thanks for the tip. An absolute must imo.
15A22807-9E64-4A48-B611-4015592A9464 (resized).jpeg15A22807-9E64-4A48-B611-4015592A9464 (resized).jpeg

1089F347-9B66-45BE-95F6-D9D432200EC2 (resized).jpeg1089F347-9B66-45BE-95F6-D9D432200EC2 (resized).jpeg
#14233 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Just got Elvira a few hours ago, but it's not turning on. Sounds like power supply is making a clicking noise. Anybody ever had this problem? Already contacted distributor.

I also have clicking occasionally but it does eventually turn on. Also sent a video to distro/stern, no word yet.

#14242 1 year ago

Had a game freeze on me last night and then it manually reset itself. First time I thought it was a fluke but this 2nd time happening is a bit irritating. Any suggestions on why?

2 weeks later
#14472 1 year ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Has anyone done the Titan glow rubbers? I'm curious how they look.

I have them on my bone flippers. Looks awesome.

#14561 1 year ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

One thing I'm noticing is how quickly the playfield seems to be dimpling up. Comparative to my Iron Maiden, which I have owned now for four years, the number of dimples I'm noticing in a week of Elvira comparatively is probably a factor of three (in a week vs four years). Anyone else noticing this?

Yes. Lots of dimples on same locations.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14562 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

That's exactly what is occurring on my game. I tired to shift the opto bracket over just a bit and then the opto must have been blocked because the coil just kept firing like a ball was stuck behind the house. I'm tempted to use wood filler on the original holes and then redrill proper pilot holes and reassemble everything just about a an 1/8 of an inch to the right. I know I've been critical of having to lift the playfield up on this game more than any other game I've owned, let alone NIB, but once she's dialed in, the gameplay, shots, flow, humor, music, clips etc..it's all there and it's a really rewarding title to play just not to tinker with all the time. Thank you to all that have chimed in with solutions to try out! Side note..a Medisynal mod set is going for $750 now? Wtf..i thought I got bent over at $500.

Nearly cried when I payed $600

1 week later
#14712 12 months ago

So finally did the left orbit fix, and the balls still often will hit the bottom of the sling and activate it. At high speed plunge the balls go to the flipper, but if it's not fast enough, it always hit the sling. Problem is I got the lane pulled out as far as it will go. Not sure what to really do, saw folks mention adding Mylar to the end helps? Like how much are we talking about? I was thinking adding rubber around the metal edge but think it also might interrupt the ball flow instead of providing a little "bump" and not be smooth.

A couple pieces will make a difference and will be nearly invisible. If you have some laying around it would definitely be worth a try.

#14768 12 months ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Do these protectors dim the game GI or change the look of the artwork? I love the trim colors the protectors provide but am worried that it will tint the art.

Honestly, imo they do. I ordered the purple ones and ended up removing them the minute I turned the game on. Went with the clears and am very happy with it.

#14817 11 months ago

It was doing that before I moved it to around 7 already, it still does it. It all started after I did the left orbit adjustment actually. But like I mentioned before I have it pulled out as far as it will go so far and still giving me the trouble. Hence me asking about adding mylar to it which some others have mentioned before to further push out the ball. Adjusting my left orbit really has been a pain when it should be simple.

Yeah just put a piece or two on the end of the orbit, no need to wrap it around. With it being pushed all the way out I’d assume one piece should be all you need but if it isn’t just add another piece over the top. It might not be a bad idea to push the guide back in a bit to make the shot easier and then just add an extra piece of mylar to make up for it.

#14818 11 months ago
Quoted from per3per3:

If the ball is dribbling out in some instances, it is likely because it's hitting the playfield on its way up through the vuk and out into the playfield. There are some previous posts about modifying the plastic subway's placement to ensure it is properly centered on the playfield hole. I had to move the subway about an inch to the left to ensure there was no playfield exposed on the right side.

How’d you move the subway? Did you have to drill new holes?

#14875 11 months ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Love this mod and I'm so happy to have it in my pin. It really makes the back end of the pin "pop" and beats looking at just a flat picture of the camper in the back. Plus, the camper is really integrated into the screen during one of the wizard modes.
Unfortunately I will probably never see it on my pin because my pinball playing SUCKS, but I was able to see the camper in action watching a Deadflip video
Anyways, fantastic mod and even better modder. Great customer service and very trustworthy. Thanks again Mageek!

The ufo mod for the back panel is fantastic. Also really adds to the back area and looks great with the lights shining down on them.

#14898 11 months ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

I had a misaligned Subway. The ball was hitting the wood edge of the hole from underneath the PF with full VUK power. The ball never hit the targets, instead it poorly dribbled out of the vuk. Hitting the wood was very loud and clunky and you could even feel the force through the cabinet.
Before you bend the metal vuk or dremel into the plunger, you should have a look on the subway alignment, like illustrated very well here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/276#post-7472705
It was a pain in the ass, i had to reposition the wood screws of the subway by 2mm or so, very near by the original holes... But i did not want to risk breaking the subway by drilling new holes into the plastic, which is risky!!!
after the alignment, i had a VUK firing like a cannon. The ball travelled with its ballistic curve to the top side of the Targets almost hitting the trunk itself. I don't know how this can be the factory coil setting. its rediculous. i dialed it down to 180 and now it is just consistently firing at the top, or middle trunk targets everytime without airballing everywhere. it is more like rolling over there than flying.
i did not need to bend anything or dremel the plunger. i just corrected the faulty misaligned subway

How exactly did you reposition the screws? Did you just make the original subway holes larger? And if so how?

#14904 11 months ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

I did not change the existing screw holes in the subway plastic. I moved the whole thing to align with the eject-hole and then screwed it back into the playfield

Ok I’m just confused on how you moved the subway? Mine only aligns where the holes were previously and has zero wiggle to move anywhere else. I tried loosening all screws and shifting it to the side but it wouldn’t budge. I’m thinking of making the holes larger to create some wiggle room.

#14919 11 months ago

What a great game

7DEBEBA5-6979-48C2-ACF5-C01451C48C9D (resized).jpeg7DEBEBA5-6979-48C2-ACF5-C01451C48C9D (resized).jpeg

D907B8E5-FEB9-4458-9077-8C57DDB7B2A3 (resized).jpegD907B8E5-FEB9-4458-9077-8C57DDB7B2A3 (resized).jpeg
#14928 11 months ago

I’ve been contemplating getting the eyeball shooter rod from Scared Stiff I see on the marketplace. Anyone put one on their HoH?

#14939 11 months ago

My shaker started squeaking yesterday and it’s drivng me nuts. Found a shaker squeak genie on pinball life: https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-600-0559-00_ASSEMBLY
Anyone tried one and what exactly does it do?

#14941 11 months ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

LOL... I saw that and bought one for gits & shiggles. I haven't installed it yet, though.

Yeah it’s hard to imagine how it would help. Do you have shaker squeak? I’d love for you to test it and let me know if it works

#14948 11 months ago

I also finally aligned my subway and it now shoots 100%. Made a few of the top subway screw holes bigger to allow for wiggle room until I could get it centered.

#14958 11 months ago
Quoted from shiffdog:

The most maddening thing about the crypt VUK is that I get it working perfectly in test mode - hits top two targets 100% - and then in an actual game it’s nowhere near that. And it’s even different depending on whether it’s launched automatically (maybe 50% hit rate) or with the action button (just dribbles out). So frustrating. I’ve adjusted the subway, elevated the plunger, fiddled with the position of the position of the coil. But when it works in test mode what else can you even do?

Mine was behaving exactly the same other than doing a subway adjustment. I put that off and when I finally got around to aligning it properly it’s worked 100% since. I’d check it again to make sure it’s completely centered. If that doesn’t work I’d try maybe drilling out the plunger tip.

1 week later
#15010 11 months ago
Quoted from drbrain:

Can anyone point me to who makes the UFO Mod I have seen on a pic or two in this thread? It sort of looks like the UFO mod for GZ by Stumblr but it is in the back right corner of Elvira.

PersonX99 was the Pinsider who I got mine from. Looks like the add is no longer listed but you could hit him up and see

#15018 11 months ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

So, I finally installed that gizmo prior to the stream Wednesday. At first, I didn't think it was working because the shaker was squeaking. However, after a few minutes, I realized I didn't hear the squeak anymore. So, I guess it works? (For the record, the weights are in default position and usage is set to maximal.)

Interesting. I guess you’d have to keep testing it to be sure but sounds like it helped. I’ll probably get one and give it a whirl

#15023 11 months ago

When the skull is lit on the ramp it means a mode is ready, correct? One more shot up the ramp and it should start? I feel a few times I’ve felt a mode is ready to go and I send a ball up the ramp only for it to come back around and have to shoot it again to start. Switch issue maybe or am I missing something?

#15025 11 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yes, when the skull is lit and a window on the house is flashing then a mode is ready. At that point the diverter behind the house should be up so the ball will go into the subway behind the backboard.
When you say the ball "comes back around", where exactly is it going? Is the diverter staying down so it's going out the left orbit? Or is it exiting from the subway into the pops?

I feel like it’s done both. Only happened a few times and I’m not really paying attention because I figured a mode would start. I’ll try to keep a better eye on it

#15064 11 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Okay that’s contrary to the above. So what are the rewards for each level? If you drain before completing the first Gappy Angry lock do you get anything?

No. Completing level 1 gives you 1 ball. Completing level 2 gives you 2 balls, completing level 3 gives you 3 balls etc…

#15088 10 months ago

I’d recommend the bone flippers. A little
more work but look 10x better. Paint wash them and enjoy!

#15090 10 months ago
4DB16019-1B63-454A-B80A-231ABBF98166 (resized).jpeg4DB16019-1B63-454A-B80A-231ABBF98166 (resized).jpeg
#15097 10 months ago
Quoted from Bodacious:

Dear Owners, I'm on the cusp of getting a HOH (I love the set out, rules, etc) however the constant threads of issues with this machine is off putting as I am not overly mechanically minded. I love playing them and have had many in the past, but for the most part, any issues I have had, have been easy fixers. (I should also point out I live in a pinball desert with the nearest tech at least 3.5 hrs away). Should I stay away from HOH?

It’s nothing this thread couldn’t talk you through honestly. There may be a few hiccups but nearly every NIB has some. If you are that concerned about it I’d recommend finding a decent deal on a used one that someone has already sorted out all the issues. Happy flippin!

#15131 10 months ago
Quoted from daytonspink:

Just can’t get into this game, sold Godzilla premium to buy it and was an instant regret, had to put another deposit down

Have you at least gotten to House Party or Gappa? If not, keep playing until you do, it may change your mind. Not sure what’s not to love about this game honestly. Other than the standard fan layout it has it all imo.

#15162 10 months ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Considering colored plastic protectors. Reading the thread it's seems to be a mixed bag. Anyone actually happy with their choice and want to share what they went with?

Clear set from Pinball Life is the way imo. The other colored options hurt the overall look of the playfield, I had purple for awhile and couldn’t stand it.

IMG_6664 (resized).jpegIMG_6664 (resized).jpeg
3 months later
#15686 7 months ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

So I'm on my VUK journey and I can't dial this thing in. I've checked this post and confirmed they at least drilled the holes the new updated way(Build Date Feb 24th 2023), but in terms of consistency I'm all over the place right now I get around 50% to hit the target, 20% high, 30% low or just dribbles that come out obviously a mis-hit or something.
I've tried to look at anything in the way like the subway or etc, but I'm just not seeing anything I'm sure I'm missing something.
I've tried bending the curved part of the Crypt Kicker vuk and getting mixed results in terms of higher or lower.
I've tried adjusting the power and it seems like 240 is my best bet for now without anymore adjustments, but I still get this mis-hits.
Should I try to sand out the white post so I get more consistent hits? Not sure what to do next as nothing is increasing my % just either makes it go higher or lower.
Is this something we just accept that it's not going to be more than 50% of the time?

In my experience the most important part is the subway alignment under the playfield. Even a little bit out of center can make a huge difference. Could you post a picture of the subway from underneath? Specifically the ejection hole

#15687 7 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Loving the game, but at my wits end trying to get the crypt return to be consistent... specefically the one that shoots across the playfield at 36-24-36. I saw in this thread that people have shaved a cup into the plunger on this. I tried that and it is still as inconsistent as ever. What have you guys done that has worked. Is there a plug and play kit I can use to just have it work? Thanks!

Please post a picture of the ejection hole from underneath the playfield.

3 weeks later
#15805 6 months ago
Quoted from Merendino:

As much as I like them I need to free up some funds.
My EHOH came with the mod set offered by Medisinyl
I have someone interested in buying them but I have zero idea what they are valued at. On one hand I don't want to sound like a greedy pig, on the other I don't want to give them away.

I wouldn’t sell them for less than $500+. Heard of some going for much more

#15835 6 months ago

Just checked and mine doesn’t have a nut. Looks like yours is not lined up though. The metal piece should be hooked on to the side of the plastic ramp, maybe that’s causing an issue with tightening?

IMG_7678 (resized).jpegIMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#16049 6 months ago

You can make the turret spin every time a ball is locked and at the start of every game as well. Gets a lot more use that way.

#16051 6 months ago
Quoted from dendew:

The dead head family crypt doors seem to be cracked open on most pictures I see online. Seems like they should be fully closed? Are they intended to be slightly cracked open? Thanks!

Yes they are all like that

1 week later
#16212 5 months ago
IMG_7783 (resized).jpegIMG_7783 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#16400 5 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Yeah, I contacted Evan at Stern‘s about this two weeks ago and he confirmed the upgraded glass and Shaker.
As for those receiving their BRK edition, I am very curious to hear if Stern has them dialed in a little bit better than the last round of premiums that they ran which had a lot of QC issues.

I think you already know the answer to that question.

#16423 5 months ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

What's involved in doing a paint wash?
I have no idea how to do it, so detailed instructions would be very much appreciated....

Thousands of videos on YouTube

2 weeks later
#16778 4 months ago
Quoted from smassa:

I’m getting quite a few rejects on shots to the house (mainly on very strong shots and the ball will come back out of the main entrance). Is there something I need to look at inside the house in order to eliminate this?

It’s a known problem but a pretty easy fix. The ball is rejecting off the plastic on the back of the subway so you need to pad that area so there is no bounce back. Adding a couple pieces of Velcro (soft side) worked for me.
IMG_7872 (resized).jpegIMG_7872 (resized).jpeg

#16810 4 months ago
Quoted from zandman:

Should the Crypt door have a 1/2 inch gap when closed?

Yes. There are "fixes" out there but never cared to try. Doesn't bother me at all personally

#16843 4 months ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I have no issues there. Pitch is 6.6, level side to side

Just searching the thread with key words 'stuck pop' I see that it's pretty common but no one had a fix really. The ball search or a little wiggle frees it but obviously it would be better if it didn't happen.

I’d try increasing the pitch first. 6.6 is a little low imo and could be part of the issue.

#16858 4 months ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I did exactly this and it solved the problem for me. Haven't had any issues in six months.

Where exactly? Could you post a picture?

1 month later
#17305 3 months ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Question on the orbit. When the ball comes from the shooter lane around the house and down the left orbit - does it hit the sling or go to the flipper? Mine hits the sling or sometimes hits the post up at the end of the ball guide and goes SDTM. I think I need to adjust that ball guide...or is this normal

Couple pieces of Mylar at the end of the guide is all it takes. 5 minutes

3 weeks later
#17658 86 days ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

BRK is so pure and stunning . The one game that doesn’t need this stuff .

Other than the Medisinyl mods I agree. Any Elvira without Medisinyl is a sin. Oh and the 3d UFOs for the backboard, 2nd favorite mod for Elvira.

2 weeks later
#17745 68 days ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

After playing my BRK for a few days now I can see why people have commented on the sensitivity of getting the levels right. Man I've tested quite levels between 6.8-7.0 degrees and it's still quite a brutal game with the outlanes.Got left-right totally dialled also. I also turned down the slings 2 points and that's helped stop them bouncing the ball into the outlanes too often.
Are most owners liking the fairly standard Stern 7.0 degrees or a bit less on this table?

I tried a few one night and decided I liked the feel of 6.7 the best. It’s still plenty fast and not as brutal with draining

#17767 65 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

So my crypt eject is sorta hit and miss these days. Sometimes it works great and sometimes it sorta just spits out of there. I know there has been a lot of talk about how to go about fixing this and since I have a BRK, I don't think there is any need for me to re-drill holes to move the assembly. For people with a BRK edition, what have you found to be the best way to good about adjusting this? It is currently the only issue I need to tackle with my game as otherwise it plays perfectly now! I'm actually shocked that no one has made sorta like a round tube for the ball to eject up and out of the scoop rather than having it bounce around in a square hole... I wonder if lining the inside of the scoop with soft Velcro would make it so that the ball did not rattle around inside the scoop as much or maybe this is just a bad idea in general? Just spit balling...

Lift the playfield and check the alignment of the subway and the vuk eject hole. It needs to be perfectly aligned equally around the hole. This is by far the most important thing to do before other fixes. Post a close up picture here if you’re not sure.

IMG_8244 (resized).jpegIMG_8244 (resized).jpegIMG_8245 (resized).jpegIMG_8245 (resized).jpeg
#17781 65 days ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

Also I drilled the subway plastic and made the current holes bigger so I could tighten them at the right spot vs. drilling new holes under the playfield

Yeah that’s exactly what I did. Just made the subway holes larger and repositioned it correctly around the hole. If after that it still doesn’t shoot 100% there’s multiple other fixes to try. HurryUpPinball has some on his YouTube page.

#17808 61 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I filled the old holes, but the new one near the top was just too close to the old one and I couldn’t drill it right, so I made a new hole in the plastic to make a fresh hole.
It’s a little better, but this isn’t a fix. I still have balls that shoot too low and miss the targets. It seems like it’s VERY sensitive to the two vertical “walls” on either side of the curved guide. Just by bending them a tad, it changes the trajectory entirely. I had it shooting above the targets consistently at one point. So - maybe that’s the key…really getting those walls adjusted perfectly to the millimeter.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It’s not supposed to be bouncing off those walls and you’ll never get it to be consistent by bending them. Id recommend HurryUpPinball’s fix:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

12,900 (OBO)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider floptube.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=floptube and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.