IMG_7156 (resized).JPG
IMG_7155 (resized).JPG
IMG_7517 (resized).png
IMG_4684.jpeg
IMG_4598.jpeg
IMG_4596.jpeg
IMG_4597.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,921 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 359.
#2251 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Welcome to the club!

now to update... game is on 0.86

#2252 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Found one dude . Just joined the club this afternoon! LE #383!

I'm in too...

20200229_193135 (resized).jpg20200229_193135 (resized).jpg
#2253 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

now to update... game is on 0.86

Try the game on the old code.. You will see how much has been added in the last couple of code updates

Game rocks! We love ours.
15830277601852381293285719913986 (resized).jpg15830277601852381293285719913986 (resized).jpg

#2254 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Try the game on the old code.. You will see how much has been added in the last couple of code update.
Game rocks! We love ours.[quoted image]

good idea! just played about 5 games. I played on location earlier this week and sealed the deal when I saw all the updates going on. About to update to .92... ! the amount of updates is nuts this week

#2255 4 years ago

Just installed the skill shot fix!! Game works the way it should now!! Big difference. This shot will start modes!! Thanks to Chas at Stern for sending me great instructions. I recommend you print the directions in color. The job is about a 45 minute job. You need a long magnetic screw driver. A 1/4 inch nut driver is also needed and a magnet. If you have a magnetic nut driver even better. You need a longer nut driver for sure. I got away using my magnetic regular screwdriver. Can be challenging at times but I got it done.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2256 4 years ago

There is a NIB LE game in market place for 9000

That’s a hell of a deal. I paid more then that

FYI

#2257 4 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Just installed the skill shot fix!! Game works the way it should now!! Big difference. This shot will start modes!! Thanks to Chas at Stern for sending me great instructions. I recommend you print the directions in color. The job is about a 45 minute job. You need a long magnetic screw driver. A 1/4 inch nut driver is also needed and a magnet. If you have a magnetic nut driver even better. You need a longer nut driver for sure. I got away using my magnetic regular screwdriver. Can be challenging at times but I got it done.[quoted image]

Haven't gotten mine yet. And I was told they'd send it to me about 2 weeks ago. I think I might have to contact them again. And make sure they sent it.

#2258 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I actually drained a few balls during mb because I was looking up at the lcd to see the boogie men and the gargoyles. Ohhhh well...
I also like the house lighting effect when the organ plays before House Party mode.

I really like the match sequence now...if you watch the house it lights your window and then lights all the windows. It then removes all but one. Very slick.

#2259 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

I really like the match sequence now...if you watch the house it lights your window and then lights all the windows. It then removes all but one. Very slick.

I did notice that. But, I still hold off for Elvira to be featured before it starts. I just think a good match sequence is something every pin needs.

#2260 4 years ago

All right

So I’m all set up now.. I’m getting this annoying sticking with the flipper buttons - I know I’ve seen comments about this. What’s the fix?

And how do I know if I need the skill shot fix? I’m not sure if I’m just not plunging right or if I need the fix, but I’ve made it only once

#2261 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

So I’m all set up now.. I’m getting this annoying sticking with the flipper buttons - I know I’ve seen comments about this. What’s the fix?

I don't recall seeing anything about this. Could you be more specific?

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

And how do I know if I need the skill shot fix? I’m not sure if I’m just not plunging right or if I need the fix, but I’ve made it only once

Which version of the machine do you have and what is the manufacture date?

#2262 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I don't recall seeing anything about this. Could you be more specific?

Which version of the machine do you have and what is the manufacture date?

Sure - the flipper buttons physically stick and have a tiny delay when popping back out after I push them. I’m figuring there is some sort of plastic burr on them I’ll have to shave off. Normally I’d just replace them but since this is an LE I’d rather keep it stock

Manufacture date November

#2263 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Sure - the flipper buttons physically stick and have a tiny delay when popping back out after I push them. I’m figuring there is some sort of plastic burr on them I’ll have to shave off. Normally I’d just replace them but since this is an LE I’d rather keep it stock

My right button had a minor stick to it sometimes. I did pop it off and back on.. That didn't help.
But, after many, many, many hours of use. It no longer sticks anymore. And works great...

Hey guys. Don't know if this is an issue with the code or my game.
But, when I got the house lit and shot the house. The diverter is not in the right spot. And it goes to the orbit. It also won't start the house mode.
Sometimes it happens on the first ball. So if I do something like start a mb or even drain the ball and start the next ball. Then the next time I shoot the house it works and starts the mode.

This is beyond frustrating. And I had my brother over for 2 player play, and it was happening all the time between us quite frequently.

Never had this issue until I updated to .90... I was hoping this was resolved in .91 and definitely .92... As stated I am updated to .92

Just curious if you think its a physical issue or an issue with the code.

#2264 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

My right button had a minor stick to it sometimes. I did pop it off and back on.. That didn't help.
But, after many, many, many hours of use. It no longer sticks anymore. And works great...
But, when I got the house lit and shot the house. The diverter is not in the right spot. And it goes to the orbit. It also won't start the house mode.
Sometimes it happens on the first ball. So if I do something like start a mb or even drain the ball and start the next ball. Then the next time I shoot the house it works and starts the mode.
This is beyond frustrating. And I had my brother over for 2 player play, and it was happening all the time between us quite frequently.
Never had this issue until I updated to .90... I was hoping this was resolved in .91 and definitely .92... As stated I am updated to .92

I can start a mode on the first shot to the house - subsequent modes take more than 1 shot to activate the house. Assuming you are on standard settings and difficulty, this does sound possibly physical.

#2265 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

All right

I totally know what you're talking about. The buttons Stern uses are cheap. Just buy another set from Marco or anybody else realIy. I bought the clear light up buttons from Comet. Problem fixed.
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/illuminated-flipper-button-kit?_pos=1&_sid=3923f66b3&_ss=r

#2266 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I totally know what you're talking about. The buttons Stern uses are cheap. Just buy another set from Marco or anybody else realIy. I bought the clear light up buttons from Comet. Problem fixed.
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/illuminated-flipper-button-kit?_pos=1&_sid=3923f66b3&_ss=r

I have a bunch of extras from a restore job - maybe i'll just pop in some red or purple translucent ones. thanks for confirming this is indeed a thing!

#2267 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I have a bunch of extras from a restore job - maybe i'll just pop in some red or purple translucent ones. thanks for confirming this is indeed a thing!

Took mine apart. There is a plastic burr that keeps catching on the button rod. Razor blade it off. Stern probably got a bad batch. Bought a set from Marco and had same problem come to think about it as well so maybe a bad batch went out from Manufacturer

#2268 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Your game should have the proper guides.

#2269 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

When the skull is flashing on the steps, the diverter should be all the way in the up position to start a haunt. When I first got mine, the diverter seemed like it was binding. I could hear the motor running, but the diverter seemed to be stuck and not moving. I ended up taking it apart, but couldn't find anything wrong with it. When I put it back together, it worked, however. I unknowingly did something to make it work.

Is your diverter functioning properly in test?

#2270 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

While I love Comet's products, I am not a fan of their lighted button kit. I did put it on my EATPM, however you need to drill into the cabinet to install the lamp holders.

I bought Cointaker's RGB LED button kit for my GotG and love it. I'm going to pick up a couple more at TPF and put one on my EHoH.
https://cointaker.com/products/rgb-button-kit

#2271 4 years ago

Advice needed; during game scored a couple dead heads but then the crypt doors remained open. Shot into would eject ok but doors remained open. Game ended, started a new game, crypt doors closed , hit, opened, but skull kept rotating?
Problem seems sporadic. Any advice appreciated before I start taking it apart and probably mess something up.
Regards

#2272 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I can start a mode on the first shot to the house - subsequent modes take more than 1 shot to activate the house. Assuming you are on standard settings and difficulty, this does sound possibly physical.

I know the rules to the game mate.

Even when the mode start is lit. Because the skull is lit. It doesn't register or change the diverter. And It won't start the mode no matter how many times I make the shot.

Until after I start mb or drain the balll.

That is my problem.

#2273 4 years ago
Quoted from gipinball:

Advice needed; during game scored a couple dead heads but then the crypt doors remained open. Shot into would eject ok but doors remained open. Game ended, started a new game, crypt doors closed , hit, opened, but skull kept rotating?
Problem seems sporadic. Any advice appreciated before I start taking it apart and probably mess something up.
Regards

How does it function in test? It kinda sounds like a switch issue. (Remember, after vanquishing three dead heads, the crypt will remain open in the current code.)

#2274 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

When the skull is flashing on the steps, the diverter should be all the way in the up position to start a haunt. When I first got mine, the diverter seemed like it was binding. I could hear the motor running, but the diverter seemed to be stuck and not moving. I ended up taking it apart, but couldn't find anything wrong with it. When I put it back together, it worked, however. I unknowingly did something to make it work.

The diverter seems to go up and down just fine. But, I do notice it moving quite a bit. More than what it ever really moved before. Which I think its just moving to positions when its not supposed to. So I bet it'll function just fine in test. That's why I think there is a glitch in the code with the mode start and the diverter.

But, if I'm the only person having it. Then it points to maybe a hardware issue on my game... I'll run the test next time its on, but as stated. The issue resets itself and is resolved on the next ball or after MB has been started. It can appear at the start of a game or after the first haunt.

And its really not cool to take a MB solo and not bring a haunt into it.

#2275 4 years ago

Remains open in the new code after 3 dead heads? I didn’t know that. I wonder what the point of that is?
I think it’s fun to see the different dead heads? Maybe in a future update they’ll add a dead head MB, which starts after 4 or 5 are collected. Have them all floating around at the same time.

#2276 4 years ago

I had a huge score on location yesterday. I don’t know what exactly happened. It was basically just a regular game without anything special happening. Game took about 10 minutes. At the end there was this score which I don’t know where it came from. The operator was nearby and told me he updated to code to 0.92 on Friday. I think there might be a major bug somewhere in the code. Anyone else experienced something similar?

0764FE03-9577-490D-AAFF-1611D8D8BBE0 (resized).jpeg0764FE03-9577-490D-AAFF-1611D8D8BBE0 (resized).jpeg
#2277 4 years ago
Quoted from gipinball:

Remains open in the new code after 3 dead heads? I didn’t know that. I wonder what the point of that is?
I think it’s fun to see the different dead heads? Maybe in a future update they’ll add a dead head MB, which starts after 4 or 5 are collected. Have them all floating around at the same time.

After vanishing three dead heads, there is a "Dead Head Shot" (I think that's what it's called...look at the playfield.) that is not in the code yet. I'm sure after that we will be able to continue reviving the Dead Heads. After all, there are supposed to be 15 Dead Heads in the game.

#2278 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Thanks for the confirmation! I waxed this morning and tried to confirm but it looks like you have to remove the house

#2279 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

I had a huge score on location yesterday. I don’t know what exactly happened. It was basically just a regular game without anything special happening. Game took about 10 minutes. At the end there was this score which I don’t know where it came from. The operator was nearby and told me he updated to code to 0.92 on Friday. I think there might be a major bug somewhere in the code. Anyone else experienced something similar?[quoted image]

With a score like that, I would say one of the ramp optos was acting up. That has been documented in this thread before.

#2280 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Thanks for the confirmation! I waxed this morning and tried to confirm but it looks like you have to remove the house

Unfortunately, you really can't see them without removing the house.

If you can see this piece of metal between the house and the ramp, you should be okay.

20200301_133641 (resized).jpg20200301_133641 (resized).jpg
#2281 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

If you can see this piece of metal between the house and the ramp, you should be okay.[quoted image]

Quoted from SKWilson:

If you can see this piece of metal between the house and the ramp, you should be okay.[quoted image]

Nice!! I will check when I get home tonight

#2282 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Are you sure about that? People that originally had a problem had missing guides. I’m pretty sure the new kit has longer/redesigned guides than the originals. My game was manufactured on 11/1/19 and has original guides but not the new ones.

#2283 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Are you sure about that? People that originally had a problem had missing guides. I’m pretty sure the new kit has longer/redesigned guides than the originals. My game was manufactured on 11/1/19 and has original guides but not the new ones.

I know what the new guides are as I installed them. It wasn't that they were missing. They were redesigned.

I was under the impression that we had narrowed down the original guides to games manufactured in October. Your November build date is the latest date I recall seeing with the original guides. It is entirely possible that Rdoyle1978 doesn't have the new style. That's why I posted a picture of what to look for.

Edit: I'm going to see if I can get a cut-off date for when they changed at the factory.

#2284 4 years ago

My best game yet by about 200M. I was wondering how folks were getting such huge scores. The points from gappa angry and scream test were huge. I was one shot away from finishing gappa (or at least what I figured the end)! Everything about that mode is perfection. I am loving this game.

20200301_174650.jpg20200301_174650.jpg
#2285 4 years ago

My wife wants there to be at least a short ball save when you make the back door skill shot instead of the timer ending during the mode start fanfare if you beautiful people at Stern might be able to make that happen.

#2286 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

So... I think sometimes it only goes like 3/4 of the way up and maybe just stops. For some reason. I do know it goes up and down and cycles that way after a mode start. I think it is having trouble switching between the positions.

I tried to run a test in the diagnostics mode. But, I either couldn't find the settings for it, or I didn't activate it right.

Where is it in the diagnostics menu?

#2287 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

So... I think sometimes it only goes like 3/4 of the way up and maybe just stops. For some reason. I do know it goes up and down and cycles that way after a mode start. I think it is having trouble switching between the positions.
I tried to run a test in the diagnostics mode. But, I either couldn't find the settings for it, or I didn't activate it right.
Where is it in the diagnostics menu?

It's in DIAG(NOSTICS) > GAME > DVRTR. When you press enter, the diverter will move opposite its current position and the switch will register (ding). Press enter again and it will move to the other position and the other switch will register. If it's not hitting both switches, something is wrong.

You said it's only going 3/4 of the way up. It should go all the way up. That's what mine was doing.

#2288 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

I had a huge score on location yesterday. I don’t know what exactly happened. It was basically just a regular game without anything special happening. Game took about 10 minutes. At the end there was this score which I don’t know where it came from. The operator was nearby and told me he updated to code to 0.92 on Friday. I think there might be a major bug somewhere in the code. Anyone else experienced something similar?[quoted image]

There is an opto out of whack. It is ether bad or out of alinement

#2289 4 years ago

Has anybody made it through all of the haunts? What happens? I have managed to make it half way through and 1 haunt after the house party.

#2290 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Has anybody made it through all of the haunts? What happens? I have managed to make it half way through and 1 haunt after the house party.

Yes. Nothing. You go back to the beginning after playing six haunts. However, shots seem to be worth more.

Edit: After playing six haunts, you get House Attic Party multiball (similar to House Party).

#2291 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Who’s your distributor? I thought I was buying one from GAP but he’s been unresponsive

I got mine two weeks ago from Coin Taker and they probably deliver to Arlington. You’d have to ask. Classic Game Rooms in Georgia has them in stock (at least they did a week ago) and he ships fast, usually with RL Carriers.

#2292 4 years ago

Okay. Got confirmation on the updated guide rails. Machines had the updated rails starting in December. Anything built prior (September, October, November) would need the update kit.

#2293 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Okay. Got confirmation on the updated guide rails. Machines had the updated rails starting in December. Anything built prior (September, October, November) would need the update kit.

damn it! LOL

Couple questions:

* What's the process for getting the update? I've not had to do that before.

* Also, my "Garg-Oil-Gauge" 250K insert does not light. If I am understanding correctly, does this mean I need a whole new board?

* Has anyone installed a shooter land protector? PinballLife has a special one for EHoH - is this specific one required for the game? Or would a generic Stern one fit?

* Last thing: is the latest code .92 or .93? Stern has .92 on the site but I've seen .93 several places, more than made me think it may not be a typo.

thanks!

#2294 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

* What's the process for getting the update? I've not had to do that before.

Go to sternpinball.com > Support > Contact Us and send an e-mail to PARTS. Include your name, address, serial number and request the Elvira Update Kit.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

* Also, my "Garg-Oil-Gauge" 250K insert does not light. If I am understanding correctly, does this mean I need a whole new board?

I assume you've put the lights in test. Just for fun I would make sure all the cables to that board are seated well. If you've checked everything, I would call Stern for assistance and possibly a replacement board. Hopefully there is something more simple that can be done.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

* Has anyone installed a shooter land protector? PinballLife has a special one for EHoH - is this specific one required for the game? Or would a generic Stern one fit?

I'm looking at PBL and I see the shooter eject protectors (there are 2). Are those what you're referring to? If so, I would go with the Cliffy.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

* Last thing: is the latest code .92 or .93? Stern has .92 on the site but I've seen .93 several places, more than made me think it may not be a typo.

The current code is .92. I saw someone posted a (poor) joke referencing .93 because the updates keep coming fairly quickly.

#2295 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Go to sternpinball.com > Support > Contact Us and send an e-mail to PARTS. Include your name, address, serial number and request the Elvira Update Kit.

I assume you've put the lights in test. Just for fun I would make sure all the cables to that board are seated well. If you've checked everything, I would call Stern for assistance and possibly a replacement board. Hopefully there is something more simple that can be done.

I'm looking at PBL and I see the shooter eject protectors (there are 2). Are those what you're referring to? If so, I would go with the Cliffy.

The current code is .92. I saw someone posted a (poor) joke referencing .93 because the updates keep coming fairly quickly.

Thx for the replies! I have checked the board and seated everything, so it kinda just looks like a bad board.

#2296 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

It's in DIAG(NOSTICS) > GAME > DVRTR. When you press enter, the diverter will move opposite its current position and the switch will register (ding). Press enter again and it will move to the other position and the other switch will register. If it's not hitting both switches, something is wrong.
You said it's only going 3/4 of the way up. It should go all the way up. That's what mine was doing.

So..l. think the test is two settings. A 52 and 53... OR it could be 51 and 52... Either way. It won't let me select the 2nd option and run that test. THe first one is the only one that blinks and runs the test.

And now I'm noticing that when I do start modes sometimes the diverter stays down, and it balls get kicked out to the right instead of hte left...

So yeah.... I'm thinking I have an issue with my diverter .... Anyone know simple fixes for it??????

#2297 4 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

My Oct 22nd build date has the updated guides.

Quoted from SKWilson:

hmm which is right?

#2298 4 years ago

is there a part number for the fix?

#2299 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

hmm which is right?

The answer I got from Stern was that the December builds had the new guides.

Neil, it's the Elvira Update Kit.

#2300 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

So..l. think the test is two settings. A 52 and 53... OR it could be 51 and 52... Either way. It won't let me select the 2nd option and run that test. The first one is the only one that blinks and runs the test.
And now I'm noticing that when I do start modes sometimes the diverter stays down, and it balls get kicked out to the right instead of hte left...
So yeah.... I'm thinking I have an issue with my diverter .... Anyone know simple fixes for it??????

I believe the diverter does stay down during most haunts (doesn't it?). When it moves up to start a haunt the ball rolls into the rear "subway" and is held by an up/down post. When the haunt begins, the diverter moves back down to cover the hole to the "subway" and directs the ball to the left.

You don't need to select the switches. Pressing enter will cause the diverter to move and activate the switches. The problem is it's not moving to close both switches.

Yours seems to be behaving like mine did. Like I said, I took mine apart, put it back together and it worked. Unfortunately, I don't have the foggiest idea of what I did that corrected the problem. I originally thought it was catching on the plastic.

If you pull the playfield forward and look behind the back panel, you'll see how it is supposed to work. You may just need to play with it to make sure it's not binding up. It helps to have someone at the coin door to press enter while you fiddle with it.

This is what I did: Removed the top of the house (this is when I lost a screw I still cannot find... LOL). Removed the diverter itself from the front of the back panel (2 screws). Removed the motor and assembly from the back of the back panel (3 screws). Figured out how it worked (it's a pretty simple assembly). Put it back together. Watched it while another pressed the enter button to test it. It worked.

I wish I had a "fix" for it or knew exactly what the issue was, but I don't. Maybe someone else has a better clue, but I think just getting into the assembly and playing with it will reveal or fix the problem. You have no idea how much it pains me to not have a better answer.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
11,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball
Toppers
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,921 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 359.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.