IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thekaiser82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11019 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

No takers on this yet.
He's raised his offer to $900 PLUS a standard set, for the 40th anniversary set (he has either an Elvira Mistress of the Dark set with the updated V2 Gargoyle, or the original custom set mentioned above).
While I expressed hope that nobody would buy the 40th set just to flip, I'd understand if someone took an open offer like this.

That really says a lot about how everyone values your work that an amazing offer like this doesn’t have folks budging. I just got your standard set last week in the mail and it blew me away. I can only imagine what the 40th set looks like in person.

3 months later
#11570 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ok its not the left ramp return opto because rhat gives like 40k points. This is 30 points…

Left or right sling? Those are pretty low points if I remember correctly.

#11575 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But you should be able to see the sling kick if one of the sling blades is registering...

Yeah good point.

2 weeks later
#11722 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I'm pretty sure it was already going to be passed that standard 3-year agreement.
From my understanding first games came out in mid-September of 2019.

B66 had a five year run. So I could see this studio title running 5 as well. Meaning builds in 2023 could be last call.

#11743 1 year ago

Zach on TPS today confirmed no EHOH run in 2022. Pushed to 2023.

#11750 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

And that's the point.......
I was talking to my distro a few months ago, and he let me know that when the time comes, Stern will call and ask him "how many do you have sold?".
He will be expected to give an accurate # of ONLY games with a sitting deposit. No allowance to have any in stock, no extras.
The more they hike, the more they delay, the smaller the number is going to be. Maybe they only want to do one week of production, and they will make people drop out until they get that target. How long are they making final GOTG and LZ? A week? Two? Single line only of course. Clear out the stocked parts and shut it down.
What would really suck is if they drag it out to mid year and then say "yeah, we're not doing it at all". Then it'd follow STH and Munsters in really crappy endings for in-demand pins.

I have had one on order forever since right now NIB is likely still going to be the same or cheaper than secondary. If they never do the run and quit production then secondary prices will soar. Then I will have sadness.

2 months later
#12156 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Here is the fix. This 100 percent fixed the topper opening problem for me as it opens perfectly every time now whether during game play or testing it from the diagnostics menu. I have had a few hundred topper openings since this was applied to my machine and not one failure as it opens fully each and every time.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/241#post-7225096
Gord

Did you ultimately determine the dremmel wasn’t needed and just the coil sleeve would have fixed it?

1 week later
#12203 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Wait for some is over!
Received confirm today Elvira is finally happening Q1 Feb/March.

They didn’t happen to know the price did they?

#12205 1 year ago

Sounds about right.

#12221 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

I would be very surprised if that happened.

Yeah it didn’t happen for B66 after they did their last run a year ago. They still are sitting at $10-11k for the premium.

1 month later
#12776 1 year ago
#12785 1 year ago

Matt was was responding to my post. I should have said for sale. I chose the wrong preposition. I don’t work for Back Alley so please don’t beat them up. I will be more careful posting in the future when I get excited to share something I think the community might also be excited about.

3 weeks later
#13129 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

That would be awesome but I doubt it.

Guarantee they will do what they did on my Beatles and take out the nice art and insert the IC reader. I would be happy and shocked if they did it B66 style.

#13149 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnnyCage:

Thanks Geeterman1. Good to know. For us peps that will probably remove IC off the apron, did the original plastic artwork faceplate come in the bag of extras Stern provides?

It didn’t on my Beatles. I really hoped they would throw it in there.

#13185 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Are there club members here who have already got a shipping alert from Cointaker?
I’m wondering if they have begun the process and I need to worry if I haven’t been notified.
Thanks.

I haven’t gotten a shipping notice yet from CT.

#13190 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I'm in on Scooby and Foo and am being told I made the cut for EHOH. I need more room, more money, and help for my addiction.

You only need one of those three things to solve your problem. I will let you decide which!

#13217 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Same here. I do wish stern put a tip indicator on the box like jjp and maybe spooky does

My Bond LE had a tip n tell. But I think CT added that, not stern.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#13521 1 year ago
Quoted from demandecan55:

Do you have to do anything to get the topper working? It works in test mode (the lid opens) and I have it set to go off in adjustments, but it has never once opened during gameplay or attract mode while the game is one. I have it set to go off in attract/in-game mode at 40% or something.
I have to add that to my long annoying list of issues, but hopefully there is something I am overlooking here? I have installed lots of toppers, and never, ever had an issue.
I made a list of problems my game had from Stern. I am at 11 on that list without writing down this topper issue!! lol - worst NIB experience Ive had, and I have had some bad ones.

Set it to 100% for game mode. It will go off every time you start wild women multiball. If you put it at 100% for attract it will go off every time you hit a flipper button when it settles down into full attract mode.

#13544 1 year ago
Quoted from Dexter:

Get the Backalley Creations magnetic blood that goes right under there. It looks awesome and will cover that right up.

Backalley blood goes on the shooter housing. You could put it under but the hole cutout for the shooter would look weird.

D3FF628A-984A-4264-BF71-3D2E3CB80085 (resized).jpegD3FF628A-984A-4264-BF71-3D2E3CB80085 (resized).jpeg
#13554 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Stern is actively producing them right now. After pushing off making them for almost 2 years.
More are making their way onto the market as the supply is increasing.

Price was higher and a ton of new games just dropped so folks prioritizing is my guess.

#13772 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

There are many different fixes suggested for the VUK. The one that worked for me is aligning the subway properly. Raise your playfield and have a look at how the subway is lined up with the hole. If it looks incorrect, fix it as shown here.[quoted image][quoted image]

Is there enough slop in the subway screw holes to loosen and re-align or did you have to utilize new holes into the playfield? Mine is slightly off but not near as much as in this picture.

#13776 1 year ago

Awesome! Thanks for the replies! I will dig into when I get a chance and see if I can dial it in.

2 weeks later
#14206 1 year ago

Yikes based on some of the latest dates this thing has been in production awhile. Here’s mine.

B61CCF4E-5F16-4C4E-831A-906E15714B69 (resized).jpegB61CCF4E-5F16-4C4E-831A-906E15714B69 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#14518 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

I want the mirror cross grave marker mod to see that right orbit insert better. I saw there was an option for custom text. Should i go with deeproot or RAZA? Im leaning towards RAZA. I guess the standard RIP would look good also. I just dont think a grave marker with elvira’s name on it would age well and deadhead looks odd.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1259-silverball-designs/04832-mirrored-grave-marker-for-elvira-s-house-of-horrors
Update: Ordered 2 "RAZA" and "RIP"

That’s brilliant. Ordered one as well.

#14520 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

I'm 6 foot and I can barely see it, what were they thinking? Great price also!
What are you going with engraving wise?

Nordman is well over six foot. He can probably see it fine! I went deadhead.

#14638 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Can someone post the adjustment number for the turret spin during ball lock? I must have scrolled the settings 10 times and still can’t find it.

IMG_3514 (resized).jpegIMG_3514 (resized).jpeg
#14731 12 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Yea I had asked before, no one seems to have published a written form of the final rules for the game, everyone is incomplete and Stern has nothing on their site but the basic rulecard info

Yeah it would be awesome if someone that knew the game well filled in the gaps on the tilt forums rule sheet. I have had the game a month or so now and feel like there is so much I don’t know. I am slowly learning it all but I am sure there are things I don’t even know I should be trying to do.

#14837 11 months ago
Quoted from freebeer:

Made a few claims that are being ignored by STERN and NITRO. The translite bothers me the most, the bent #2 gargoyle (not functioning) and junktrunk decal (doesnt want to stick down) I'll have to fix if they won't.
Does anybody else's translite look this bad? Hard to believe this is normal. If they all look like garbage, may I buy a glass one from somebody?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That translite doesn’t look right to me. Here is a pic of mine in that same area from the last run.

IMG_3545 (resized).jpegIMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#14952 11 months ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

I just installed the topper. Can anyone tell me what shots or modes you have to hit for it to raise. Only tested a few games but have been unsuccessful for activating it.

It is used in the garage multiballs quite a bit. Note the default frequency in the menu is 20% usage. So if you want to see it more increase that number. It will also trigger in attract when you hit a flipper button, again only 20% of the time unless you change it.

3 weeks later
#15109 10 months ago
Quoted from JJDK:

Thank you. I set it up, no screams on attract mode. No screams except at the beginning of multiball and then the top opens. Does the top only open at the start of multiball. I also did not hear additional scrams during multiball and had it set for 20 seconds.

I think mine does if I hit a super jackpot in multiball. But can’t remember for sure.

2 months later
#15572 8 months ago

I met Elvira at Comic-con today and got my translite signed!

IMG_3897 (resized).jpegIMG_3897 (resized).jpeg
#15575 8 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Dang.. one day… not sure I can be trusted taking that backglass to a con though

I have a premium so I just had to take the translite rolled up in a tube. The real backglass would be scary!

#15576 8 months ago
Quoted from qbass187:

Yesss!!! I’m going to see her at CT Horrorfest next month and doing the same thing!!! Did you use a paint pen or just a sharpie?

She had a whole array of paint pens. She knew just what to do. She grabbed silver and knew exactly where and how she wanted to sign. I was like it seems you have signed a few of these before. She looked at me and said yeah, just a few lol.

#15578 8 months ago

While I was waiting my turn her assistant was chatting me up. Asked if I had a premium, LE, 40th, etc. Said he knows Stern hates building them on the line. Mentioned how the crypt can be finicky. Clearly he knew a thing or two about the games. He said Stern is great and Elvira loves working with them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thekaiser82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=thekaiser82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.