IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grb1959.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11390 1 year ago

I just picked up a topper for EHOH and opened the box and it doesn't contain any installation instructions. If someone has installation instructions for the EHOH topper would you be able to scan them and email them to me or post them in this EHOH club thread?

When I purchased a TWD topper a few years back it came with nice detailed installation instructions for how to install it and connect the wiring.

Thanks.

Gord
[email protected]

#11396 1 year ago

Thanks for the link.

Gord

#11401 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Scanned and sent!

Thanks Damon, that is exactly what I needed. Installation looks to be very simple.

Gord

1 week later
#11427 1 year ago

I have been calling around to various Stern dealers to get on a wait list for an EHOH premium which are supposed to be made again this fall. I just spoke with a representative of FUN! BILLIARDS AND GAMEROOM SUPERSTORE and she confirmed that Stern has a November run of EHOH scheduled and that it costs $500 for a non-refundable deposit to get on the wait list.

She said that if I do not get a game then the $500 would be refunded. However if I find a game in the next 3 months from another vendor then the $500 will not be refunded.

I am a little hesitant to put down a $500 non-refundable deposit on an EHOH premium. If the deposit was refundable I would have already put my $500 down. I have put my name in with a couple of other Stern dealers for an EHOH premium who did not require a deposit.

I am guessing that is the normal process where a deposit is required, but is it normal for the deposit to be non-refundable?

Thanks.

Gord

#11429 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

It's not typical, but I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes the norm to keep people from being on multiple lists at different dealers.
The real question is if they think you'd get one if you put down the non-refundable deposit.
I think it's going to be hard to get an EHOH, unless they make a ton of them for the final run.
I have two paid deposits out there just sitting, and not sure either one will pan out.
If Stern would release the production numbers for Nov and tell the dealers what they're getting it'd be easy to know about getting one.
Not the dealers fault, they're in a tough spot.

Thanks for the response. I don't know the likelihood of getting a NIB EHOH premium if I put down a non-refundable deposit, but if I do then I am pretty much locked into that one vendor for the game unless I want to forfeit my deposit.

Gord

#11444 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I just barely updated to 1.3. I don't see the need to upgrade to 1.4 since I don't have or care about IC. Can anyone summarize what was added (if anything ) in the 1.3 update?

Below are the change log notes for both version 1.4 and version 1.3.

* STERN PINBALL, INC. *
* (C) COPYRIGHT 2016-2022 STERN PINBALL, INC. *
* ELVIRA'S HOUSE OF HORRORS *

V1.04.0 - Aug. 2, 2022
======================

- Game changes
- Added Home Team
The Home Team features allows Insider Connected players to log in and play without scanning their QR code.
When the game is registered to a home location and set to Free Play, Home Team may be enabled via
Standard Adjust #51 or within Guided Setup.
Up to 8 players can be added to the Home Team from the Stern Insider Connected Setup menu.
The Home Team can be shared across all games registered at the game's location by enabling the
Home Team Standard Adjustment on each game. Players need only be added once to the Home Team.
Players can be later removed from the Home Team, and guests may be temporarily added to the Home Team.
Find out more about Home Team at http://insider.sternpinball.com.
- Fixed rare instance where score could end in 5 instead of 0
- Updated Game Mode menu
- Updated DJ Mixer

- System changes
- Updated to System 3.20
- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.0.0
- Correct the replay score boost when Standard Adjustment REPLAY TYPE is set to DYNAMIC.
All REPLAY LEVELS for all players are potentially immediately incremented instead of only replay level 1.
- Correct Standard Adjustment FREE PLAY LIMIT. Previously this adjustment would not be honored
in all circumstances. FREE PLAY LIMIT sets the maximum number of free games which a
player can win during a game. Once the FREE PLAY LIMIT is reached, a player will not receive
a free game from:
a REPLAY level (if REPLAY AWARD is set to CREDIT)
a SPECIAL (if SPECIAL AWARD is set to CREDIT)
Grand Champion/High Score (if HIGH SCORE AWARD is set to CREDIT
a match (if MATCH AWARD is set to CREDIT)
The default setting for FREE PLAY LIMIT is 5 games (per player per game played).
NOTE setting the FREE PLAY LIMIT to a value less than the number of REPLAY LEVELS
will decrease the number of REPLAY levels available.
- Fix redundant sound effect when scanning into Insider Connected in some instances.
- Added Standard Audit "Total Power On Time". This is a lifetime audit of the
hours, minutes, seconds the machine has been powered on. This lifetime audit
will start accumulating with this update.
- Added the ability to unregister a machine via the Stern Insider Connected menu.
A machine must be unregister from an Insider Connected account prior to being
added to a new account. Hilighting and selecting "Yes, unregister this game."
will unregister the game from your account.
- Stern Insider Connect Setup Screens:
IP, network name, and WiFi signal strength displayed in top corners of display.
- Added Net->About->Events page
This page will display:
The current date and time
The date and time the game was recently powered on
The play count since powered on
The coin count since powered on
The paid credit count since powered on
The service credit count since powered on
The coin door open count since powered on
The tilt count since powered on
The date and time the game was previous powered on
The date and time the game was previous powered off
The lifetime power on count
- Update the factory default value of "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME" to "FREE PLAY ONLY".
- Update Install Competition: set "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME" to "NEVER".
- Added new Standard Adjustment "COIN ACCEPTOR" whose value can be "MECHANICAL" or "ELECTRONIC", and
default value is "MECHANICAL". This adjustment is only available when the Country is set to Italy
and Free Play is set to No.
The coin door for Italy with a MECHANICAL acceptor is configured:
left coin switch: EUR 0.50
center coin switch: EUR 0.10
right coin switch: EUR 0.50
4th coin switch: EUR 0.10
5th coin switch: EUR 0
6th coin switch: EUR 0
The coin door for Italy with a Electronic acceptor is configured:
center coin switch: EUR 1.00
right coin switch: EUR 2.00
4th coin switch: EUR 0.20
- Guided Setup
Added "Coin Acceptor" setting, only available when Country is set to Italy and "Free Play" is No.
Hide "Game Pricing" when "Free Play" is set to Yes.
Add translation strings for some top level selections.
- Fix game reboot issue at power on with coindoor interlock switch in the open position.
- Insider Connected attract mode screen updated to display the location name and green check mark with
Verified Location if the machine is registered to a pro account.

V1.03.0 - Nov. 22, 2021
=======================

System - Updated to V2.97.0
- Updated to Spike 2 OS V2.4.0
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.80.0
- Added Connectivity support for Spike 2 games
- Added Standard Adjustments:
- "START BUTTON BEHAVIOR"
- "SINGLE CREDIT" - One start button press will start a one player game.
- "ALL LOGGED IN" - One start button press will start games for enough
players to accommodate all logged-in users (Default).
- "INSIDER LOGIN TIMER" - Login screen timeout (Default 30 seconds)
- "INSIDER PLAY AGAIN TIMER" - Play Again screen timeout (Default 20 seconds)
- "LCD DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS"- set brightness of LCD display.
- Added Standard Audits:
- Added audits for connectivity games and scanner use
- "TOTAL POWER ONS" - display the number of times the machine has been power cycled.
- "CONNECTIVITY USERS SCANNED" - display the number successful user QR code scans
- "CONNECTIVITY USERS JOINED" - display the number of users that joined a connected game.
- "1 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 1 logged-in users
- "2 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 2 logged-in users
- "3 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 3 logged-in users
- "4 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 4 logged-in users
- "ACHIEVEMENTS GIVEN" - display the number of achievements awarded
- LOGIN behavior:
- When a user logs in during a game in progress and the player up slot
is occupied, assign the user in the first open slot from lowest
player to the highest player.
- When a user joins a game in progress, award achievements that were
earned up to that point.
- When user authorization failure, remove the user from the session.
- GAME RESTART behavior: Holding the start button on ball 2 or greater
will follow the "START BUTTON BEHAVIOR" adjustment:
If ("GAME RESTART" == "YES") and ("START BUTTON BEHAVIOR" == "ALL LOGGED IN")
holding the start button on ball 2 or greater will restart the game for as many
players as is necessary to accommodate the users that are logged in.
If there are not enough credits to restart the game for the necessary number
of players, the the game will not be restarted.
- Upon entering the Service Menu for the first time after a software update, a
screen will display the game and system version numbers. This screen will
be displayed for a minimum of 1 second, and is dismissed by the enter
button.
- Turn on cabinet lights, if installed, when in the Service Menu.

#11466 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I got my EHOH Premium for $7200 NIB

Very nicely done, I will just be happy to land an EHOH Premium NIB for anything near MSRP at this point. I will even go a bit higher than MSRP if required.

I picked up a Stern topper for EHOH and now just need to find a game to install it on.

Gord

1 month later
#11719 1 year ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Just recently I started to have a little trouble with Elvira. When ever I started a mode the ball would just come out of the house and it didn’t lock(hold) the ball. This was a bit frustrating because as she was talking and all the GI lighting was dimmed the ball was hard to see and cause unwanted drains. So I took a look at what keeps the ball locked(A post that’s always down) and it was actually binding on the edge which wouldn’t allow it to go back to the down position. I loosened up two screws and realigned the post and now it’s working as it should. Hope this helps.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hi @wildbill327,

I was having the exact same issue on my EHOH and then I found your fix posted. Thank you so much for documenting and posting your fix as it 100 percent solved my issue and saved me a lot of troubleshooting time.

Gord

1 month later
#12033 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Well Elvira at 100%. Topper working perfectly now after I widened the gap with the dremel on the gargoyle base for the lid mechanism to go through. The mechanism is not getting stuck on it any longer and stays open the whole time when Elvira screams. Now can enjoy the game.

I did the same thing with my EHOH using a dremel to very neatly widen the gap and it was working better than before, however it would still barely open on occasion. In a nutshell the performance was inconsistent as the topper would sometimes open as it should and other times it would barely open.

I noticed that there is a bit of play in the metal plunger as it goes into the coil and there is no coil sleeve installed so I installed a new coil sleeve where none existed before and it has 100 percent fixed the issues with the topper not fully opening every time.

Without a coil sleeve installed the inside of the coil is slick hard plastic, however there is a little bit of slop or play in the plunger when it moves though the coil. With a nice new coil sleeve installed it removes the slop and I just did several tests via diagnostics and it works great. With the gargoyle securely installed I played several games and the topper opened up during multi-balls as it should and then via diagnostic testing I opened/closed the topper 20 times in rapid succession and it works perfectly with everything fully assembled on the topper.

I don't know if Stern missed installing a coil sleeve on my topper or if coil sleeves were not installed on any of the toppers, but installing a coil sleeve 100 percent fixed my inconsistent topper opening issue. One other tidbit, if the game is in attract mode, after 3 minutes if you press either flipper button the topper will open and Elvira will scream.

Gord

Added 17 months ago:

Just to update, it has been over two weeks since I installed a coil sleeve in the topper coil and I have played another 75+ games since then and the topper has worked perfectly every time during multi-balls as well as when I have tested it from the 'Diagnostic' menu. Adding the coil sleeve has 100 percent fixed the topper opening issue that my EHOH topper had prior to the coil sleeve installation.

Added 16 months ago:

I have played another 50-75 games during which time the topper opened approximately another 125-150 times with no failures. Since this fix has been applied I have had over 300 topper openings with a 100 percent success rate for a fully opened topper.

1 month later
#12147 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

I thought there was also a setting to have it go off at the start of each multiball?

That depends upon how many seconds you have setup for the topper scream lockout setting which is the following adjustment in the diagnostic menu.

Adjustments --> Game --> #284 Topper Scream Lockout

Mine was set to something like 240 or so when I purchased my EHOH premium. This means that the topper is only eligible to open up and scream every 4 minutes during a game. If you get 2 multiballs within 4 minutes the topper will only open and scream for the first multiball. This can happen if you get a Wild Women multiball and then when it ends you get a Trunk multiball, a Zombie multiball, an Attic Attack multiball or some other multiball still within the 4 minute window.

If you set the Adjustments --> Game --> #284 Topper Scream Lockout setting to '0' then the topper will open up and scream for every multiball. I just tested this with the glass off and started a second multiball within seconds of the first one ending and then a third multiball after that and the topper opened for all 3 multiballs and screamed. When in attract mode the topper is eligible to be activated every 3 minutes if you press either the left or right flipper button. If you press the either flipper button before the 3 minutes has elapsed the topper will not open.

I know that many posters have had issues with the topper consistently opening fully during the scream and if that is the case you may want to read the following key post in this thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/241#post-7225096

Since installing a coil sleeve in my topper I have not had one faulty opening in 300+ openings and counting. It has fixed the topper opening inconsistency issue 100 percent.

Gord

#12155 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's a link to a post with a potential fix in the topic index for this thread. It's under TECH:TOPPER. If you set the index to sort by title, it puts them all in order.

Quoted from tdawgmd:

Update—went into the diagnostics for the topper and when you select open, it pops up a small amount but then closes immediately. The game says the topper is “open” and it’s not. When you click close again it pops briefly and then says it’s closed. So it could be a faulty mechanism. I’ll check that thread out, but honestly as expensive as this thing is it really should be plug and play.

Here is the fix. This 100 percent fixed the topper opening problem for me as it opens perfectly every time now whether during game play or testing it from the diagnostics menu. I have had a few hundred topper openings since this was applied to my machine and not one failure as it opens fully each and every time.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/241#post-7225096

Gord

#12157 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Did you ultimately determine the dremmel wasn’t needed and just the coil sleeve would have fixed it?

I don't have any way to determine that as I used the dremel tool prior to adding a coil sleeve. However, since the dremel tool did not fix the issue by itself and then adding the coil sleeve fixed it 100 percent I would recommend only adding the coil sleeve to see if that fixes the inconsistent topper openings by itself.

I strongly suspect that adding the coil sleeve by itself without using the dremel tool will fix the issue. If for some reason it does not you can always use the dremel tool later to widen the channel on the topper.

Gord

#12175 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Yeah, that's pretty cool!! Where can I find that for sale?

Pinsider Vimtoman is the man for this mod.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tq=&tu=vimtoman

Gord

1 week later
#12326 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

The million dollar question is what type of apron will Stern use on the new Elvira run.
Will they use the same apron that they used on the 40th with the IC scanner mounted on plastic plate within larger triangular cutout on the left side of the apron. In that case you could install my video mode on either side or both sides.
Or will they move to the current apron style used on all the recent premium and LE games (Bond, Rush, Godzilla) with the IC scanner mounted in a smaller rectangular cutout on the right side of the apron. In that case your only option would be a single screen mounted on the left.
Guess well just have to wait until thebfirst games come out of this run and see which direction they decided to go.

In September of 2022 I picked up a really nice EHOH premium and it had your video mod already installed on both sides of the apron. This is an absolutely great mod as it captures the mood of the game perfectly

Gord

#12341 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

So, I've tried everything everyone has suggested to get my vuk to behave. There's no fixing it. It's sporadic as hell no matter what I do. It's very frustrating and disappointing to say the least. Really detracts from my enjoying the game. Does anyone know if Stern sells a better or updated mech? I'll try or buy anything at this point.

I had the same issue and upon further inspection I found that a previous owner/or the factory has already repositioned the VUK assembly. This was confirmed based upon the holes under the playfield as I could see that the VUK had been repositioned. However I was still having inconsistency issues.

The next thing that I did was use a dremel carving bit to slightly cup (concave the end) the end of the plastic plunger in the VUK as shown in this YouTube video.

I used the following dremel carving bit to slightly hollow out (concave) the end of the plastic plunger.

https://www.acehardware.com/departments/tools/power-tool-accessories/multitool-accessories/2375780

This fix helped a bit, but the VUK was still behaving inconsistently and not hitting the 3-bank of targets every time. On the YouTube video around the 4:30 mark you see the VUK being reassembled. At this point you need to adjust the VUK assembly by bending it up or down slightly and then test it and keep adjusting it until it works consistently by hitting the 3-bank of targets.

This is what I did and now my VUK works perfectly and always hits the 3-bank of targets for the trunk just like in the video. I think the prudent move would be to adjust the VUK first by slightly bending it up or down and then testing and adjusting as needed. If you still have an issue after that then you may want to try the dremel method on the plunger tip.

Gord

#12343 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Well, I'm in on the new run of EHoH. I had been on a list with my distro for over a year, but was told I did not make the cut as they were only allotted 6 machines. I somehow ended up finding a spot available from a smaller distro that a friend of mine uses.
Yes, the price is insane. It makes me uncomfortable and I wouldn't do it for most games out there, but I have have been wanting this game since it came out. When it was new, I had too many irons in the fire. I figured I had plenty of time and, ya now, maybe I'd even get to PLAY the game somewhere first? We all now how well that worked out. I'm a big Elvira and B-movie fan, and it's likely just now or never on this game. I haven't exactly found any 2nd hand ones near me for less $ over the last 2 years.

If you are a fan of Elvira and B horror movies this machine will be your grail pin. I absolutely love this pin.

Gord

#12351 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

Second issue when starting a house mode, the ball goes right through the house and back into play without being held until Elvira's monologue ends. Any tips greatly appreciated!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/48#post-5512477

1 month later
#12752 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Ive been waiting for years. Since then Ive compiled a pile of mods just waiting patiently to adorn her.
Official topper (thank you tilt)
Official shooter rod
External volume
LE sound upgrade with led speaker lights
Boom subwoofer
Pinwoofer external sub out
Purple blood drip set from back alley
Purple t molding
40th anniversary armor package
Playfield protector
Stern art blades
Shaker motor
Blood drip plastic protectors
Medisynal mods set
Roof mod
Signed Elvira card for apron
Ramp air ball fix
Left ramp ball lock alignment fix
Should keep me busy for a bit!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your EHOH premium will look really nice once you install your list of mods. How about the 'Campy Camper' mod from @mageek? I added one to my EHOH and really like the look.

Gord

P1020876.JPGP1020876.JPG
P1020875 (resized).JPGP1020875 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#12879 1 year ago

After collecting the 'Skeleton Key' and launching trunk multi-ball the game qualifies the player to open up an additional haunt that is not one of the six standard haunts (Teenagers from Outer Space, The Brain that Wouldn't Die, The Manster, The Werewolf of Washington, Manos: The Hands of Fate, The Night of the Living Dead). So far I have seen the following additional non-standard haunts during a game when I have collected the 'Skeleton Key' and launched trunk multi-ball.

Santa Claus Conquers the Martians
The Satanic Rites of Dracula
Attack of the Giant Leeches
The Giant Gila Monster

Are there any other secret haunts that I could see if I have the 'Skeleton Key' and launch trunk multi-ball?

Gord

#12881 1 year ago

Ah, thanks, I have seen that one as well, just forgot about it. I will add it to my prior post now.

Gord

1 week later
#13001 1 year ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I feel like I’m pretty low on the list. Hopefully, enough people ahead of me have changed their minds or found one from other distributors.

I got the same text from Zach saying that EHOH will be ready in 2-14 days, however I already picked up a second hand EHOH a few months ago so Zach cancelled my order.

Gord

#13093 1 year ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:

Hello everyone ! Ijust recived the stern topper and installed it . And i was wondering what triggered it to flip up ? Ihave not seen it happen so far . Thanks in advance .

The URL below should answer your question.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/243#post-7276317

Gord

#13153 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Unfortunately not.
On another note, one of my apron cards has a printing blemish. Any idea where I can get another set?

Try these as they blow away the stock version.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/15#post-5412180

Gord

#13266 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I bought one for a K, turned around and sold it to a friend of a friend for that. Then I had to pay $1,200 for another. ugh
Oh well... I'm just glad I was able to obtain a second one even if it was for a slightly higher cost.

In July of 2022 I sold a NIB EHOH topper for $1,200 to a friend which is what I paid for it.

Gord

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13288 1 year ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

Its' post 6066 in this thread.

Is there a quick way to jump to post # 6066 in this thread other than paging ahead 5 pages at a time?

Gord

1 week later
#13713 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I bought 6 the TP-Link WiFi dongles for the Insider Connect hack...all worked w/o issue.
amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

Hmm, what is this IC hack that you speak of? I have my new Bond LE setup with IC and a hardwired Ethernet connection and it works great. Are you saying that I can get my Munsters LE and EHOH Premium working with IC without having to purchase/add the IC hardware?

Thanks.

Gord

#13718 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Sure can. I have 1 QCR reader pin (GZ), 5 non-QRC reader Spike 2 that I added the IC hack, and a JP that runs the different video code - so I can't add IC to that pin.
Easy to do. In a nutshell, on your non-IC Spike 2 pin, you just add the WiFi dongle, memory card, update the software, then using an ethernet extension cable, connect the QRC reader from your QRC pin to the non-QRC pins and set up (connect the QRC back up to the pin that originally had it). The QRC reader is not needed once the non-IC is connected to Insider. Done.
There's a thread about it somewhere w/detailed instructions, let me look for it.
Edit: IC hack discussed here, read up on the specifics.: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/75#post-7069574
I unplugged the QRC reader from the node board and used this female-to-female adapter with a long ethernet cable to go around to the other pins.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/edit/7468274#ctop
A cheap memory card from Wallymart, the TP-Link dongle, and you're in business.
[quoted image]

Thank you for the detailed response.

Gord

#13756 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

EHoH LE is my only Spike 2 (or Spike) game. I purchased it new in October 2019, but due to a string of circumstances, I just played my first game on it yesterday (on the initial launch code) and am trying to upload version 1.05 code now. I downloaded 1.05 for LE from the Stern website and (when it finally finished downloading) clicked on the zipped file and it split into three items which I copied onto an empty (but formatted) USB stick and put in the machine in the proper USB slot. I then turned the machine on and selected update when it appeared on the screen. Ever since then (for more than a half hour so far) the display has just been alternating between the Stern logo screen and a black screen with red letters saying "GAME CODE UPDATE / RESUMING" (that's all). Is this normal? If not, then what should I be seeing on the display? This is the first time I am trying to upload code to any Stern Spike machine (although I have updated code for my Stern Mustang premium a few times).

USB stick is formatted as FAT32? Try a different USB stick. Sometimes if you use too large of a USB stick in terms of memory it can be problematic. I have been doing my updates with a 16GB USB stick.

Also make sure to copy only the 3 files to the root drive of the USB stick. Do not copy the folder after you extract the ZIP file.

Gord

#13946 1 year ago
Quoted from LePopHumper:

Question: is it possible to turn off the game end trailers?

It is feature adjustment #157 (Movie Trailer Length). It was set to 'Normal' on my EHOH and I would just hold both flipper buttons in to bypass the movie clips, so I changed it to 'Off' and now it doesn't play any end of game movie trailer clips. The 3 options are 'Off', 'Normal' and 'Short'.

Gord

P1030022 (resized).JPGP1030022 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#14203 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

So far fixed a few of the issues. Stern still hasn't responded to my email. Does anyone know how to fix the house so it holds the ball. Rather have an idea what I'm doing before taking off the house and try and figure it out.

I had the same issue on my EHOH when I purchased it second hand. You do not need to remove the house. There is a keypost index which contains the fix that worked for me. The URL below should prove useful to you.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/48#post-5512477

Gord

2 weeks later
#14433 1 year ago
Quoted from TooMetal:

Thank you! I was wondering about that. Now to figure out how to get the bolt and nut back in there. The plate is not moving. I may need to remove the house?

I just checked on my EHOH and I was able to access both screws with a long Philips head screwdriver. To access the lower of the two screws you need to press down lightly on the roof of the haunted house that is adjacent to the screw.

I was able to successfully tighten up both screws on my EHOH without removing the house. It took about 5 minutes which included removing the glass and pulling the playfield forward onto the service rails.

Gord

P1030049 (resized).JPGP1030049 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#14647 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Confession time:
I'm expecting a game next week and I'm worried that mine will be a mess, too. I'm almost afraid to unbox it, set it up, and play it. This is quite ironic of course as I have been stressing out for the last six weeks about missing out after ordering the game last year. I have posted here numerous times hoping for reassurance from other club members, etc. After all that sweating, all that dreading, a game is actually coming, but what kind of game will it be? Will it be better left in the box? I'm concerned.

There are 23 key posts in this thread which provide answers to many of the problems that may arise with EHOH. Review these key posts as it will save you a lot of time moving forward.

Don't sweat it as you will love this game. This EHOH club thread and the posters on this website will be able to walk you through any issues that you may encounter with this pin.

Gord

EHOH_Key_Posts (resized).jpgEHOH_Key_Posts (resized).jpg

#14706 12 months ago
Quoted from javagrind888:Trying to troubleshoot my non working turret. It tries to turn in test, but doesn't budge. I took it apart partially, took pictures and a video. Any ideas what I need to do next?

EDIT: I found the problem, but have no idea how I would fix this. I can't find it in the manual. There are gears that are slipping.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pinsider joetechbob had what seems to be a similar issue some time back and his solution may prove helpful to you. See the following URL's for how he resolved his issue.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-40th-anniversary-edition/page/15#post-6718815
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-40th-anniversary-edition/page/15#post-6721987

When reviewing the second URL shown above keep scrolling down as there are several photos showing how joetechbob resolved his issue.

Gord

#14716 12 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

My EHOH LE just arrived. I think my deadhead entrance is a mod? Also my vuk just dribbles the ball out, generally sdtm. is there a fix for that?
I also went metallic red flippers with glow Titan rubbers, anyone tried glow throughout the game?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your Deadhead entrance appears to be the following mod.

https://cointaker.com/products/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-pinball-crypt-sign
https://lermods.com/products/elviras-house-of-horrors-pinball-crypt-sign

Gord

#14753 12 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Pinball Life has 6 colors (red, green, purple, yellow, orange, blue) plus clear, for $10 (4 protectors). Cointaker has purple or clear, same 4 pieces, $28.

I just checked the PBL website and 4 clear protectors are $9.95 and for any of the colored protectors it is an extra $15 so the total for the 4 colored (red, blue, orange, green, yellow, purple) protectors is $24.95.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0160-00

Gord

1 month later
#15100 10 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I hear 1.01 code is complete game features wise so I’m inclined not to mess with it

Below are all the changes encompassed in code versions 1.02 through 1.06. You may want to review the change logs below to see if these changes are something that you can live without. It looks like version 1.02 fixes some bugs in the code as well as adding some adjustment options.

Gord

V1.06.0 - April 20, 2023
=====================

- System changes
- Updated to System V3.36
- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.5.0
- Conagent 1.0.9
- Update selectable upper bound for Grand Champion, and HSTD 1-4 Awards. GC may be set up
to 5, HSTD #1 to 4, HSTD #2 to 3, HSTD #3 to 2, and HSTD #4 to 1. The default value for these has
not changed, just the ability to select a higher value.
- Adjust timing to address phantom broken trough sw tech alerts.
- Added game version number to lower left of attract mode Insider Connected screens.
- Updated Service Menu landing screen to graphics.
- Added Connectivity Icon (Ethernet or WiFi Signal Bars) to attract mode
Insider Connected screens. The Icon will be displayed in the upper
right corner with the number of credits/free play.
- Blink selected icon in Service Menu Dot Matrix menus
- Updated "Target Game Time" to guarantee the entire time for a single ball game.

V1.05.0 - September 8, 2022
=====================

- System changes
- Updated to System V3.22.0
- Updated to SPIKE OS V2.7.0
- Corrected potential game reset issue.
- When entering a WiFi password, the previous characters will be displayed as an asterisk.
The WiFi password will be displayed as all asterisk when entering the setup screens or
scanning the WiFi setup QR code.
- Added Service Menu Tech Alert when weak signal strength is detected. The signal strength
and SSID will be displayed. An average signal strength < 40 is considered weak. A weak
WiFi signal may contribute to a slower or inconsistent connection which may effect the abilty
to login or download software updates. Signal strength can be improved by the use of an
inexpensive WiFi extender. A wired Ethernet connection can also be used in cases where WiFi
signals are problematic.
- Added Standard Adjustment "ENABLE HOME TEAM IN COINPLAY", default value of NO.
Setting this to YES will allow Insider Home Team to be available for machines not
set to Free Play. Normally "USE INSIDER HOME TEAM" is only available in Free Play
mode. Many home players, who choose to use their game in Coin Play, have requested
the ability to enjoy Home Team! Setting this this adjustment to YES will default the Home
Team Guest Retention to Never. If you wish a different setting you will have update that
adjustment after enabling Home Team in CoinPlay. Home Team is not available for machines
registered to a Pro account operating in a commercial environment.
- Added Standard Adjustment "REMOVE FRACTIONAL CREDITS". Values are:
"NEVER" and "AFTER X MINUTES IDLE", where X is between 30 and 240.
The default value is "NEVER". If the game is idle (no coin or flipper
switch activity in attract mode) for X minutes, any fractional credits will
be removed. Whole credits will NOT be removed.
- Added Standard Audit "FRACTIONAL CREDITS REMOVED", which will track the number of
fractional credits that have been removed when the game was idle.
- Changed the default value for Insider Connected Software Update to "Install updates automatically".

V1.04.0 - Aug. 2, 2022
======================

- Game changes
- Added Home Team
The Home Team features allows Insider Connected players to log in and play without scanning their QR code.
When the game is registered to a home location and set to Free Play, Home Team may be enabled via
Standard Adjust #51 or within Guided Setup.
Up to 8 players can be added to the Home Team from the Stern Insider Connected Setup menu.
The Home Team can be shared across all games registered at the game's location by enabling the
Home Team Standard Adjustment on each game. Players need only be added once to the Home Team.
Players can be later removed from the Home Team, and guests may be temporarily added to the Home Team.
Find out more about Home Team at http://insider.sternpinball.com.
- Fixed rare instance where score could end in 5 instead of 0
- Updated Game Mode menu
- Updated DJ Mixer

- System changes
- Updated to System 3.20
- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.0.0
- Correct the replay score boost when Standard Adjustment REPLAY TYPE is set to DYNAMIC.
All REPLAY LEVELS for all players are potentially immediately incremented instead of only replay level 1.
- Correct Standard Adjustment FREE PLAY LIMIT. Previously this adjustment would not be honored
in all circumstances. FREE PLAY LIMIT sets the maximum number of free games which a
player can win during a game. Once the FREE PLAY LIMIT is reached, a player will not receive
a free game from:
a REPLAY level (if REPLAY AWARD is set to CREDIT)
a SPECIAL (if SPECIAL AWARD is set to CREDIT)
Grand Champion/High Score (if HIGH SCORE AWARD is set to CREDIT
a match (if MATCH AWARD is set to CREDIT)
The default setting for FREE PLAY LIMIT is 5 games (per player per game played).
NOTE setting the FREE PLAY LIMIT to a value less than the number of REPLAY LEVELS
will decrease the number of REPLAY levels available.
- Fix redundant sound effect when scanning into Insider Connected in some instances.
- Added Standard Audit "Total Power On Time". This is a lifetime audit of the
hours, minutes, seconds the machine has been powered on. This lifetime audit
will start accumulating with this update.
- Added the ability to unregister a machine via the Stern Insider Connected menu.
A machine must be unregister from an Insider Connected account prior to being
added to a new account. Hilighting and selecting "Yes, unregister this game."
will unregister the game from your account.
- Stern Insider Connect Setup Screens:
IP, network name, and WiFi signal strength displayed in top corners of display.
- Added Net->About->Events page
This page will display:
The current date and time
The date and time the game was recently powered on
The play count since powered on
The coin count since powered on
The paid credit count since powered on
The service credit count since powered on
The coin door open count since powered on
The tilt count since powered on
The date and time the game was previous powered on
The date and time the game was previous powered off
The lifetime power on count
- Update the factory default value of "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME" to "FREE PLAY ONLY".
- Update Install Competition: set "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME" to "NEVER".
- Added new Standard Adjustment "COIN ACCEPTOR" whose value can be "MECHANICAL" or "ELECTRONIC", and
default value is "MECHANICAL". This adjustment is only available when the Country is set to Italy
and Free Play is set to No.
The coin door for Italy with a MECHANICAL acceptor is configured:
center coin switch: EUR 0.10
right coin switch: EUR 0.50
4th coin switch: EUR 0.10
The coin door for Italy with a Electronic acceptor is configured:
center coin switch: EUR 1.00
right coin switch: EUR 2.00
4th coin switch: EUR 0.20
- Guided Setup
Added "Coin Acceptor" setting, only available when Country is set to Italy and "Free Play" is No.
Hide "Game Pricing" when "Free Play" is set to Yes.
Add translation strings for some top level selections.
- Fix game reboot issue at power on with coindoor interlock switch in the open position.
- Insider Connected attract mode screen updated to display the location name and green check mark with
Verified Location if the machine is registered to a pro account.

V1.03.0 - Nov. 22, 2021
=======================

System - Updated to V2.97.0
- Updated to Spike 2 OS V2.4.0
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.80.0
- Added Connectivity support for Spike 2 games
- Added Standard Adjustments:
- "START BUTTON BEHAVIOR"
- "SINGLE CREDIT" - One start button press will start a one player game.
- "ALL LOGGED IN" - One start button press will start games for enough
players to accommodate all logged-in users (Default).
- "INSIDER LOGIN TIMER" - Login screen timeout (Default 30 seconds)
- "INSIDER PLAY AGAIN TIMER" - Play Again screen timeout (Default 20 seconds)
- "LCD DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS"- set brightness of LCD display.
- Added Standard Audits:
- Added audits for connectivity games and scanner use
- "TOTAL POWER ONS" - display the number of times the machine has been power cycled.
- "CONNECTIVITY USERS SCANNED" - display the number successful user QR code scans
- "CONNECTIVITY USERS JOINED" - display the number of users that joined a connected game.
- "1 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 1 logged-in users
- "2 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 2 logged-in users
- "3 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 3 logged-in users
- "4 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 4 logged-in users
- "ACHIEVEMENTS GIVEN" - display the number of achievements awarded
- LOGIN behavior:
- When a user logs in during a game in progress and the player up slot
is occupied, assign the user in the first open slot from lowest
player to the highest player.
- When a user joins a game in progress, award achievements that were
earned up to that point.
- When user authorization failure, remove the user from the session.
- GAME RESTART behavior: Holding the start button on ball 2 or greater
will follow the "START BUTTON BEHAVIOR" adjustment:
If ("GAME RESTART" == "YES") and ("START BUTTON BEHAVIOR" == "ALL LOGGED IN")
holding the start button on ball 2 or greater will restart the game for as many
players as is necessary to accommodate the users that are logged in.
If there are not enough credits to restart the game for the necessary number
of players, the the game will not be restarted.
- Upon entering the Service Menu for the first time after a software update, a
screen will display the game and system version numbers. This screen will
be displayed for a minimum of 1 second, and is dismissed by the enter
button.
- Turn on cabinet lights, if installed, when in the Service Menu.

V1.02.0 - Mar. 8, 2021
======================

- Fixed a problem in Gappa Angry where occasionally, upon locking a ball, a new
ball is not introduced back into play.
- Fixed a problem where the game could crash when using the flippers to quickly
alternate back and forth between attract mode display effects.
- Added logic to reduce load time of videos from the SD card.
- Added logic that allows "Santa Claus Conquers The Martians" to be the first
Locked Room House mode to be played when playing this rule during the month
of December.
- Added a "Santa's Helper" adjustment that allows the "Santa Claus Conquers The
Martians" House mode to be the first Locked Room House mode to play during
the month of December. Default = YES. Note: The House Room must first be
unlocked with a Skeleton Key that is earned via the Junk in the Trunk rule.
- Added an "Additional Turret Motor Usage" adjustment. Options are:
1) None
2) Game Start
3) Garage Ball Lock
4) Game Start + Garage Ball Lock
Default setting = Game Start
- Added logic to rotate the House Turret at Game Start.
- Added logic to rotate the House Turret upon locking a ball in the Garage.
- Fixed a problem where the game might not award the correct number of credits
when a bill mech. is attached to the Center Coin switch.
- Now the game logo appears during the PowerUp/Boot sequence.
- Updated to node board firmware v0.67.0

#15112 10 months ago
Quoted from JJDK:

working!
Ok it is now working! Thank you so much for your help. Really appreciate it.

Glad that you got it working. The following key post may prove helpful if you haven't already seen it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/243#post-7276317

Gord

1 week later
#15175 10 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

When my topper activates, the flap quickly opens and closes.
In test, it stays open occassionlly.
Any idea how to fix this?

On my EHOH topper I noticed that there was a bit of play in the metal plunger as it goes into the coil and there was no coil sleeve installed so I cut a new coil sleeve to size and installed it where none existed before and it has 100 percent fixed the issue with the topper not fully opening every time.

Without a coil sleeve installed the inside of the coil is slick hard plastic, however there is a little bit of slop or play in the plunger when it moves though the coil. With a nice new coil sleeve installed it removes the slop and I have performed several tests via diagnostics and it works great. With the gargoyle securely installed I have played several hundred games and the topper has fully opened up during multi-balls as it should and then via diagnostic testing I opened/closed the topper 50 times in rapid succession and it works perfectly with everything fully assembled on the topper.

I don't know if Stern missed installing a coil sleeve on my topper or if coil sleeves were not installed on any of the toppers, but installing a coil sleeve 100 percent fixed my inconsistent topper opening issue. One other tidbit, if the game is in attract mode, after 3 minutes if you press either flipper button the topper will open and Elvira will scream.

Topper adjustment settings may be reviewed via the following keypost topic.

Gord

P1030091 (resized).JPGP1030091 (resized).JPG
P1030092 (resized).JPGP1030092 (resized).JPG
P1030093 (resized).JPGP1030093 (resized).JPG

#15176 10 months ago

Duplicate post

#15179 10 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

How do I access the coil?
Do I have to take the topper off the game?
Also, does the coil sleeve have to be shaved down?

You do not need to remove the topper. You only need to remove the right side gargoil to access the coil. This involves removing four small screws (2 in front and 2 in back).

If you can find a coil sleeve that fits perfectly then you do not need to cut it, however I didn't have any coil sleeves the perfect length so I needed to cut 1/2 of an inch or so off of a coil sleeve from my parts inventory. I used a small Dremel tool with a plastic cutting wheel, but you can literally use any tool that makes clean cuts to achieve the same result. After I used the Dremel tool to cut the coil sleeve I used a fine hand file to smooth out the edges of the cut end of the coil sleeve.

Also please disconnect any Molex power connectors prior to adding a coil sleeve. It is really a simple thing to do and it makes the topper open perfectly every single time.

Gord

P1020801 (resized).JPGP1020801 (resized).JPG
P1020802 (resized).JPGP1020802 (resized).JPG
P1020803 (resized).JPGP1020803 (resized).JPG
P1020804 (resized).JPGP1020804 (resized).JPG

#15221 10 months ago
Quoted from JvdS:

Anyone knows if you can switch off (in settings menu...??) the trailer at the end of a game?

Here you go.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/279#post-7483303

Gord

1 month later
#15512 8 months ago
Quoted from 12Globetrotter:

Can someone tell me the settings to get my topper tomb to operate more often. It operates at most once or twice a game
Thanks!!

This link might help you out.

Gord

2 weeks later
#15647 7 months ago
Quoted from viper001:

Topper question: So I've read all the posts here about how to setup the topper for optimum lid openage. And I know initially the coil is kinda weak but when you run the topper test several times it seems to "learn" the correct strength to be able to hold the lid open during the scream. I thought all was good, but from what I can tell it seems to forget that learning every time I power cycle the machine and it goes back to just flipping the lid when it tries to trigger it. Am I missing something? I already have the 3 settings in the menu set to basically work it as much as possible but I don't know how to get this to stay working.
TIA!

I had the same problem. The URL below details how I fixed my topper opening issue 100 percent.

Gord

P1030091 (resized).JPGP1030091 (resized).JPG
P1030092 (resized).JPGP1030092 (resized).JPG
P1030093 (resized).JPGP1030093 (resized).JPG

#15667 7 months ago
Quoted from EightBitLife:

i have the topper but iv never ever heard it go off at all none play or during play is there something im missing with settings or something?

Try this key post.

Gord

1 month later
#15832 6 months ago
Quoted from Rolsen99:

I wish I could attach the videos, the left one sticks when I pull it, where as the other one pops right back?
[quoted image]

If you have a video that you want to share post it on YouTube (youtube.com) or some other video sharing website (vimeo.com) and then post the link here on Pinside. I do that all the time for videos and it works great.

Both YouTube and Vimeo offer free accounts for uploading videos.

Gord

1 month later
2 months later
#17673 86 days ago
Quoted from Ghiandalf:

Where I can found the camper for my BRK?

Send a PM to @mageek.

Gord

2 months later
#18057 8 days ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

And make the secret haunts randomized.

+1 on this request.

Gord

1 week later
#18124 7 hours ago
Quoted from PinFascination:

Awesome! Thanks again! I might get ambitious and try, will post if I do!
Another question unrelated but related to the topper. My Scream pops up super fast and does not seem to stay up long enough to view. I saw it stay up once so far in game play and it was showstopper worthy! I thought I read something about a coil to fix this, any thoughts or anyone else have this problem?

Look at the topic index key posts for this thread near the top of each page. Go to the 2nd page in the topic index key posts and there are two posts which deal with the topper issues.

Gord

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Trade
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
18,500 (OBO)
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grb1959.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=grb1959 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.