IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 362.
#2401 4 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

I might have contacts Kurtis

Interested also

#2402 4 years ago

Who sells the skill shot guide replacement?

#2403 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Who sells the skill shot guide replacement?

Free update from Stern

#2404 4 years ago

Strange that they sent me the washer for the ramp but didn't mention that there was this upgrade available. I guess you need to ask.

#2405 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Strange that they sent me the washer for the ramp but didn't mention that there was this upgrade available. I guess you need to ask.

What is your production date of your game? They came installed starting December

#2406 4 years ago

How can you tell if your game has or doesn't have the skill shot fix, and if it's even needed? I can make the back door shot, it's not easy, but if I plunge correctly it works.

#2407 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

How can you tell if your game has or doesn't have the skill shot fix, and if it's even needed? I can make the back door shot, it's not easy, but if I plunge correctly it works.

Games produced in December or later have the correct guides.

#2408 4 years ago

I have LE#262 so most likely an earlier build since they forgot the ramp washer but I will check just to be sure.

#2409 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Games produced in December or later have the correct guides.

November 20th premium. I wonder if that is close enough to indicate I have it.

#2410 4 years ago

If you can make the skill shot with any sort of consistency I would say you have it. For instance I have played 100's of games on my machine and only scored the back door skillshot 5 times. I expect to make a skill shot at least 1 ball during a 3 ball game.

#2411 4 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

If you can make the skill shot with any sort of consistency I would say you have it. For instance I have played 100's of games on my machine and only scored the back door skillshot 5 times. I expect to make a skill shot at least 1 ball during a 3 ball game.

I only made it once since owning the game but that could simply mean that I am "unskilled".

#2412 4 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

yeah, I'm thinking I have it. I also have the ramp washer.

#2413 4 years ago

I have a November build so asked Stern to ship me the skill shot upgrade kit. I really could tell no difference between the parts I pulled out and the parts I replaced. I still cannot make the skill shot unless I short plunge and hit it just right up the left orbit.

#2414 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Sorry, late to the party here. Thanks for the feedback. Yes, you do need to affix the sockets with (included) wood screws that go into the inside of the cabinet. There are other similar screws (from the factory) throughout the cabinet that help to organize the wiring harness. You do not need a drill...putting strong force while turning in the screw with 1/4 hex driver hand tool is enough to get it in.
Also...about the sticking flipper buttons...
This happens on all my modern Stern machines as well. As far as I can tell, what happens is the lip of the button shaft gets a little worn, which enables it to feed into the tube that the lip is there to prevent it from going into. It seems to eventually happen on many of the replacement buttons I've found as well.
The fix is to use a 1/4" e-clip on the shaft of the button, just inside the lip. This prevents the lip from wedging itself into the tube. (Sorry, this is the best way to describe it without pics).
Actually, hang on...I have a pic. I've been doing this on all my NIB Stern machines on location and it's faster, cheaper, and more effective than replacing the buttons. You can do it without taking anything apart.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's a great idea, Ryan, and not too hard to install

#2415 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If you can make it AT ALL, you probably have it. It's basically impossible without the updated guide. My game is also a late November LE but has the shorter (incorrect) guide, so they must have started switching over right around then.

#2416 4 years ago

I can make it, just not with any consistency. I've ordered the part so I can at least compare and see if I've already got it or not.

#2417 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

If you can make it AT ALL, you probably have it. It's basically impossible without the updated guide. My game is also a late November LE but has the shorter (incorrect) guide, so they must have started switching over right around then.

DECEMBER per stern they were being installed at factory - not before

#2418 4 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

DECEMBER per stern they were being installed at factory - not before

Right. Late November is totally different.

#2419 4 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

I have a November build so asked Stern to ship me the skill shot upgrade kit. I really could tell no difference between the parts I pulled out and the parts I replaced. I still cannot make the skill shot unless I short plunge and hit it just right up the left orbit.

You must have already had it then. The parts are noticeably different side by side.

#2421 4 years ago

My Elvira premium has a build date of November 16...and I can make the skill shot pretty consistently.

#2422 4 years ago

I have a premium built 11/19 and am not great, but have made the shot every few games or so.

#2423 4 years ago

I was just told by Stern that all premiums have the skill shot correction. I guess I need more practice.

#2424 4 years ago
Quoted from BillyPilgrim:

I was just told by Stern that all premiums have the skill shot correction. I guess I need more practice.

All premiums built at the end of 2019 - not ALL, all.

#2425 4 years ago

November build date here on the premium model, can make the skill shot almost every time.

#2426 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

All premiums built at the end of 2019 - not ALL, all.

I was told today, “Per our engineering team, All Premium games have this update installed.”

#2427 4 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Hi mate,
Question in regards to the nylon ring on the right side of the ramp, is this available from stern or I am able to source one?
The Go Away plastic, what issues did you have when the old one was installed on the machine?
Thanks.

Available from Stern.

If you have an uncut Go Away plastic the most likely issue you will see is a piece of it breaking off or a shot to the ramp diverter being rejected.

#2428 4 years ago

When you hit the super skill shot from behind the house, does anyone hear any call outs?

What exactly does it do other than shoot the ball out from under the house ramp to your right flipper?

#2429 4 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

When you hit the super skill shot from behind the house, does anyone hear any call outs?
What exactly does it do other than shoot the ball out from under the house ramp to your right flipper?

1. Points awarded starting at 1M.
2. Advance/Light/Start Haunt depending on current state
3. Awesome call out usually referencing liking the back door.

#2430 4 years ago
Quoted from BillyPilgrim:

I was told today, “Per our engineering team, All Premium games have this update installed.”

Well that’s confusing. Does that mean the LE is run with a different bin of parts?

#2431 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Well that’s confusing. Does that mean the LE is run with a different bin of parts?

No, but they were not built concurrently. For EHoH the LEs were assembled first, followed by the SEs. The premiums were assembled last. At some point somebody realized the back door was too difficult and they engineered a fix for it. It could be that they already had the original parts, and, to keep the line going, used them until the new parts arrived. Or, they could have redesigned the parts after the LEs began to reach the owners. Who knows when the decision to make the change happened? I'm just glad it did. It would have been nice if they had issued an actual service bulletin documenting the affected machines, however.

#2432 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

No, but they were not built concurrently. For EHoH the LEs were assembled first, followed by the SEs. The premiums were assembled last. At some point somebody realized the back door was too difficult and they engineered a fix for it. It could be that they already had the original parts, and, to keep the line going, used them until the new parts arrived. Or, they could have redesigned the parts after the LEs began to reach the owners. Who knows when the decision to make the change happened? I'm just glad it did. It would have been nice if they had issued an actual service bulletin documenting the affected machines, however.

That is pretty interesting. Man I need to go on one of the Stern tours one of these days!

#2433 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That is pretty interesting. Man I need to go on one of the Stern tours one of these days!

Yeah. I've been kicking myself for not going to Expo last year. I think I will go this year AND go on the tour. Maybe JJP will be offer a tour as well. I want to see first-hand how they build these wonderful things. For now, there are plenty of videos.

#2434 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Yeah. I've been kicking myself for not going to Expo last year. I think I will go this year AND go on the tour. Maybe JJP will be offer a tour as well. I want to see first-hand how they build these wonderful things. For now, there are plenty of videos.

we should plan a pinsider meet and greet / Stern factory tour for next year's expo.

#2435 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

It would have been nice if they had issued an actual service bulletin documenting the affected machines, however.

It is annoying that we have to find out about game issues/fixes second hand. Stern probably has most of our email addresses. How hard could it be to send out an email that says “if your game was built after this date, you need this fix/kit“? I’d prefer that they would proactively send stuff out, but that’s less practical.

But I do miss the actual service bulletins. Don’t understand why they have been practically non-existent in the last few years.

#2436 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It is annoying that we have to find out about game issues/fixes second hand. Stern probably has most of our email addresses. How hard could it be to send out an email that says “if your game was built after this date, you need this fix/kit“? I’d prefer that they would proactively send stuff out, but that’s less practical.
But I do miss the actual service bulletins. Don’t understand why they have been practically non-existent in the last few years.

Do they ever cover this type of stuff in the Stern of the Union? Seems like a useful way to distribute info

#2437 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Do they ever cover this type of stuff in the Stern of the Union? Seems like a useful way to distribute info

Not so far. The closest thing is “update your code to the latest level”.

#2438 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

1. Points awarded starting at 1M.
2. Advance/Light/Start Haunt depending on current state
3. Awesome call out usually referencing liking the back door.

Excellent, appreciate the feedback mate.

We get to hear a call out everytime the ball goes into the back of the house ( skill shot ) area?

Or sometimes there isn't a call out and it's random?

#2439 4 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Excellent, appreciate the feedback mate.
We get to hear a call out everytime the ball goes into the back of the house ( skill shot ) area?
Or sometimes there isn't a call out and it's random?

I'm pretty sure there is always a call out. There are many.

#2440 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I'm pretty sure there is always a call out. There are many.

Thanks for that, I have never heard a call out.

#2441 4 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

I only managed the skill shot twice and it has a hilarious call out,something about liking it through the back door

#2442 4 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Make sure you are on the most recent code. The callouts disappeared by mistake a release or so back.

#2443 4 years ago
Quoted from DougAUS11:

I only managed the skill shot twice and it has a hilarious call out,something about liking it through the back door

"Not everybody likes it in the back door, but I see you do!"

"Oh. I see you found the back door."

There are others.

I'm not hearing my favorite as much as I used to:
"I love pain. I f!@#ing love it!" -Sgt.Jar Head

#2444 4 years ago
Quoted from DougAUS11:

I have extracted the audio clips.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/mld4adk6fvcaedu/All_in_one.mp3/file

Quoted from jfh:

Make sure you are on the most recent code. The callouts disappeared by mistake a release or so back.

Yup on .92

Quoted from SKWilson:

"Not everybody likes it in the back door, but I see you do!"
"Oh. I see you found the back door."
There are others.
I'm not hearing my favorite as much as I used to:
"I love pain. I f!@#ing love it!" -Sgt.Jar Head

Shouldn't be hard to find the others and make my own

I am still not seeing how the audio is triggered when the ball drops into the back door skill shot area.

#2445 4 years ago
Quoted from extendo:Thanks for that, I have never heard a call out.

I am in the same boat. I am on code .92 and have never seen or heard any acknowledgment that I made the back door skill shot. The ball will come out of the cellar, but no skill shot award. I checked the back door opto in a switch test and it is registering.

#2446 4 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

I am in the same boat. I am on code .92 and have never seen or heard any acknowledgment that I made the back door skill shot. The ball will come out of the cellar, but no skill shot award. I checked the back door opto in a switch test and it is registering.

Thanks for the feedback mate, I assume it is the Cellar Backdoor Opto #47 under the switch reference?

If that is the case mine is not registering, are we on the same number with the Optos?

1 opto (resized).JPG1 opto (resized).JPG2 opto (resized).JPG2 opto (resized).JPG
#2447 4 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

I am still not seeing how the audio is triggered when the ball drops into the back door skill shot area.

There is a vertical opto at the entrance to the back door. You can only see it when the house is removed.

Quoted from chet218:

Okay. Let's see if we can track this down.

1. You are plunging the ball to the back door, correct?
If no, you're doing it wrong.
If yes, continue...
2. When you plunge the ball to the back door, are you getting any kind of text on the display showing a shot was made? "Back Door / 1,000,000 / Start (Light) Advance Haunt"?
3. When you plunge the ball to the back door on ball one, does a haunt start?
If the answer to 2 and 3 is no and both switches are working in test (47 - Cellar Back Door Opto; 48 - Cellar VUK micro), the only thing I can think of trying would be to re-install the current code.

Anybody else have any thoughts?

#2448 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

There is a vertical opto at the entrance to the back door. You can only see it when the house is removed.

This bad boy yeh?

Quoted from SKWilson:

Okay. Let's see if we can track this down.
1. You are plunging the ball to the back door, correct?
If no, you're doing it wrong.
If yes, continue...
2. When you plunge the ball to the back door, are you getting any kind of text on the display showing a shot was made? "Back Door / 1,000,000 / Start (Light) Advance Haunt"?
3. When you plunge the ball to the back door on ball one, does a haunt start?
If the answer to 2 and 3 is no and both switches are working in test (47 - Cellar Back Door Opto; 48 - Cellar VUK micro), the only thing I can think of trying would be to re-install the current code.
Anybody else have any thoughts?

For me when I hit the skill shot all that comes up on the screen is a score of 5,180 and then it spits the ball out to my right flipper.

The cellar VUK micro #48 seems to be working in test mode but my Cellar Back Door Opto #47 is not, assuming that my pic above is the #48.

bss (resized).jpgbss (resized).jpg
#2449 4 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

The cellar VUK micro #48 seems to be working in test mode but my Cellar Back Door Opto #47 is not, assuming that my pic above is the #48.

Yes. That is one side of the opto. I don't see anything unusual in your picture. The other side is under the playfield. I would check under the playfield for a loose or pinched wire or connection to the node board. I bet something is loose.

#2450 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Yes. That is one side of the opto. I don't see anything unusual in your picture. The other side is under the playfield. I would check under the playfield for a loose or pinched wire or connection to the node board. I bet something is loose.

Thanks buddy, I have tested the power to the Optos and traced the wires back to it's origin and nothing.

I have reached out to my distributor to discuss a solution, ill post it back here in the hope that it helps someone else.

Cheers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.