IMG_0413 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinstalker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10743 2 years ago

I wonder how many backorders there are for this pin?

I'm trying to put a deposit on one, and no one will take my money. HA!! Contacted three distos.
1st rule is business is: "Take their money!!".
I was told by one: "We will put you on the list for taking the place of anyone who backs out the already ordered list". Really? Get on a list, to get on a different list, if you're lucky.
Why wouldn't they have a list and build as many as are on the list? It's not a limited edition, it's a premium.

What a world we live in.

At least say "here's the cutoff, get a deposit before this date and yeah, we'll build you one....... someday".

#10745 2 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

The dealers only know that there will be another run in November if the schedule doesn't change before then. They don't even know if they'll receive enough to fulfill their orders. Stern sells what they build to the dealers and distributors. It's the dealers' responsibility to sell to their customers. Stern does not take deposits or maintain lists. They only tell the dealers how many games they will receive and collect the money for them.
Be glad dealers are not taking your order. You would be very disappointed when you get told you won't get a game. Put your name on every interested list you can and hope for the best.

That's a very interesting way of doing business (this would be my 1st pin after only playing on location for 30 years - hard to find pinball to play on location anymore).
You'd think it would be smart to ask dealers "how many do you want?" or rather "How many can you sell?" and then run with that.
I do get that limited supply creates scarcity, and that has to be quite beneficial in ways. Did they just not anticipate the demand with this one?

#10748 2 years ago

Thank you SK for explaining so much to me, I'm new and appreciate it.

Just a random thought..... they've sold out of every model they've introduced with this pin....... that should tell them something. The 40th was a super-duper edition to put a cherry on top and reach beyond what anyone else has done (money-wise)...... you think another edition is on the drawing board? EHOH Yellow Brick road? Since Cactus did the whole SE+ thing (smart move BTW) it would be easy here. Premium+ with topper included. Like that wouldn't sell.
Hard to believe they would leave money on the table. Licensing is no thing: Cassandra will license anything.

#10756 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

The real question is, what will Elvira 4 look like, and when can we expect it? I’m going to guess 2031, “Elvira: The Golden Years”

That's easy: "Elvira and the Haunted Retirement Home" . 2031 and she'll be 80 and all of us who grew up seeing her will be 50+ on the young end
Seriously though, she'll be completely retired soon. She's already toyed around with retirement over the last decade, that's what that show "The next Elvira" was all about. Problem is, no one can fill her.... errrr.... dress. One of a kind character that can only be played by her, when she hangs it up, that's it. People typically publish their memoirs as their swan song..... three pins, sadly that'll be it. Really nice Stern sent her out in style. It's too bad she didn't get one every ten years after Scared Stiff: they'd all be classics.

That does bring up an interesting thought though: When she does retire, her popularity will decrease dramatically as that generation ages out or passes away. The masses aren't going nuts trying to get an Evel Knievel pin. Maybe I can pick up an SLE at a yard sale in 2040

1 week later
#10772 2 years ago

Joining the club!!

1st Pin for home, got a deposit in with a company that says they had a couple allocated slots available (people canceling due to the wait?)..... but they did say based on their most current communications from Stern, it'll be Dec-Q1 for delivery.

Works for me!! Just happy to have a deposit in with a real Stern dealer. Not much more you can do than that right?

#10775 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

What did they say the price was going to be?

$8999

#10779 2 years ago

Just curious..... how does everyone like their pin blades on HOH?

Seems like there's a few options out there, was thinking about maybe getting the Stern ones, but I'm not sure..... there's some other really nice art blades out there beside theirs.
Mirror blades are so pretty and add movement. I'm a little torn.

What did you get and are you happy with it? If you swapped around, what did you land on?

#10792 2 years ago

Thanks guys

Got a set of the Stern blades (before they are all gone..... like everything else )
That shooter grew on me too, picked that up as well. HA!! I used to think it was ugly, now it's pretty cool: I didn't see his little hat and with a name like Creepo..... how could you go wrong?

Has anyone else who's on the prowl for a topper noticed that it's starting to flame out? Prices are starting to "dip" at $1,700ish on ebay although the Stern dealers on ebay are still pushing for $2,200-$3,000
I hope they make enough toppers this next go-round to completely crash the price later this year. $1200, fine..... double, triple...... gimme a break.
I wonder if (at some point) "super edition" toppers will become a thing: If people gobble up $1000 toppers, then stick a special badge on it, buff it in some way and out the door at $1500/$2000. *POOF*, even more cash.

Bring on the 41st anniversary Yellow Brick Haunted Couch edition!! The more the merrier.

1 week later
#10808 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Looks like the toppers that sold out instantly are starting to make their way to the marketplace at double the price... Thanks Flippers!
[quoted image]

I hope they make enough in the next batch to crush these prices, maybe get some of these crooks stuck with toppers they don't need.
That's the only way to spank their hands and stop that nonsense.

What drives me crazy is you can't put a deposit on a topper. I have an order in on a machine and the dealer wouldn't lock me in on a topper.... sheesh, I'm not a flipper!!! I have a machine order with ya!!!

I sure would like to know if they're going to do another run of the armor also.

#10813 2 years ago

One of those is a Stern dealer too.

You're talking about that OrangeCountyPinball person on Ebay? Yeah, outrageous prices. Really gross, I'll never buy anything from them on principle. Crooks!

#10815 2 years ago

No, In the the picture he posted.

Ah gotcha....

elvira topper (resized).pngelvira topper (resized).png
#10817 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Whose ad is this? Absolutely embarrassing he is advertising that he is an authorized dealer with pricing like that.

Actually that's multiple different sellers on Ebay, all "dealers"..... I don't know how they get that "Stern Dealer" sticker, but they have it (I guess they are dealers).

Very crooked. You'd think dealers would be bound by price controls by Stern to prevent gouging except in cases like the 40th edition where it was intentional.

1 week later
#10870 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:Yea allotments are all sold out at every Distro for the Nov run and I have a feeling that no one is going to get the # of games they put in for.

Time for another EHOH limited edition!! Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants? Scrub most/all of the premiums in que and final run of some additional version (not 40th) with the remaining parts. They've done it before......

Thing is: I'd buy it.

#10876 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Haha, mission impossible. Only seem to available to flippers these days.

Now the dealers are the flippers!!

#10879 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I’m still hoping to get the Stern Armor that I ordered last year, I’m told it’s coming but supply chain issues have delayed Stern from getting it made.

Does Stern do multiple runs of armor? That was something I was curious about too.... seen art blades, shooters and toppers get restocked but not re-runs of armor.

There was a few different sets of armor I'd like for games I intend to get in the future, but they're all gone (and have been for a long time). Never restocked.

Anyone know?

#10881 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Brought this over from another thread, maybe you guys can answer this for me. What is Elvira considered since like BM66 it did not have a pro version, I had thought it was a Kapow title but apparently it is not.
[quoted image]

Well it's not a cornerstone..... I guess you could call it whatever you want, studio is as good as any. Or we could call all the future non-Kapow one-offs "Elvira's"

I'd love to know the production #'s, especially in relation to all the cornerstone titles.

#10913 2 years ago
Quoted from Sokrates:

Not the sexiest Elvira card but funny with my head in between her two
But got a very nice cover and a nice card from Custom Pinball thanks a lot.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get that amazing cover? I'd love to get one.

Fantastic card too

#10927 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Just listed my Elvira Collector Card Apron Display mod. Each display is unique and numbered, limited to 40 unique card displays.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-collector-card-apron-display-limited-to-40[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just PM'ed ya.

Please put me down for one.

Absolutely Fantastic

#10929 2 years ago
Quoted from Powersoft:

They don’t show it on their website anymore. It’s kinda empty. Do you have some sort of productnumber I can mention?

What is the web address for them?

#10939 2 years ago

Seems like the Nov date for builds is holding up. I really thought it was going to get pushed back to Feb.

I had a distro email me the other day that they had toppers incoming and to place a "deposit"...... for a moment I thought "oh yes!! Finally they built some more!!". Then I went to the page, and no, it was a lie..... filthy distro had held back their stock from before and were asking the bargain price of $1875

Noticed a different distro is now charging $9999 for the next Elvira run also.

Dealers are the scalpers.

#10942 2 years ago
Quoted from Boatshoe:

9899 or 9999 sounds about right... Don't know if I will actually pay that, but it sounds right... Still not sure my deposit will ever become a "please pay in full". No need to fret or decide yet!

It "should" be $8799 or $8999....... I completely expect the MSRP to be $9399 by the time they build them, but I wonder if the distros and dealers will hike to $10k in order to shake lists out and bring them inline with how many they actually get allocated.

I know at the place I put my deposit, he said they have an order in with Stern for 25 units and that I was low on the list (whatever that means) and wouldn't have a problem being fulfilled if they shorted him. Of course you can't believe anything or anyone the way things are going.
That's why I'm hoping they do another edition, at least you know they'll make them.

Once the next cornerstone hits, I bet the deposit slots go down a little. How many switched to GZ after all that hype? All that money needs somewhere to go, maybe Toy Story will suck some of the reservations away as well.

#10945 2 years ago

I know for sure it was $8999 in Jan, and it was $8799 in Dec.

#10948 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Is it still possible to order a premium or get on a list?
If anyone is thinking of backing out, contact me pm.

Sure, put $1000 down with a distro. If they're decent they can tell you if you'll fall within their allocation.

Some people will shake out later in the year for sure, especially if there's a big price increase or delay into feb-march.

#10963 2 years ago
Quoted from EightBitLife:

Hello I own a signature editon and been looking for a topper for ever but all i see is scalpers over priced ones. Is there any word if they will make anymore?

I think they will during the next run, hopefully.
Really want to see these scalpers get crushed, but the worst part is seeing the dealers and distros holding them back and marking them up.
Seems like almost half the ones out there are being scalped by the distros and dealers.
I've talked to five distro's and asked about being on a topper list: none would do it (even offering to pay 100% up front). Two of them I later watched list toppers at an almost 100% markup..... they had them all along!!! What crooks!!!

Still, when it comes down to it: It's all Stern's fault. They are the ones who intentionally didn't build enough, and they are the ones who could build more at any time and don't. The 1st 1K topper and they're sitting on their hands? I think they like seeing people gouging for whatever reason.
I've emailed Stern time and again about this, they never respond. What jerks. I think they LOVE seeing FOMO on everything.

They need to re-release ALL their toppers and flush the system (IMO). Doesn't seem like normalcy is anything they want to return to (and it's obvious).

#10969 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

It is possible but I kind of doubt it. Elvira HoH is going back on the assembly line once more this year before being retired. I think Stern will be focusing on the higher volume accessories for thier cornerstone releases.

It was my understanding that all the accessories are outsourced and not built by Stern themselves. All they have to do is place an order with the supplier and *POOF* instant money.

#10971 2 years ago

This is true but the outsourced supplier only has so much capability and Stern is only really interested in their games in production. Keep in mind that both the games and accessories are licensed. I'm not sure when the license is up with Elvira but the standard length of time is 3 years which just so happens to be the time the final run of EHOH games will be back on the line.

Maybe the supplier does have limited capacity, but it sure doesn't seem like they put out very many does it? Seems intentional (to me).
Even if they were backlogged, you (Stern) puts in the order and has them trickle out over the entire run of the game.... that's not what we see: A small number comes out in one batch and generally that's it.
Same thing with everything else besides toppers too..... the armor for games: impossible to get. I think the armor, toppers, art blades and shooters are all different suppliers. You can't have the same output issues across every supplier, I believe it's Stern limiting it intentionally. But why? The only thing I can think of is that they want everything to sell instantly and have no inventory of any type..... AND...... they are artificially propping up the secondary market by limiting supply.
At some point I bet they move to a direct to consumer model and eliminate the distro's and dealers. Why do they even need them now? The games are often drop-shipped direct from Stern to the customer. Distro/Dealers were a convenient dumping ground for product when it didn't move, but that isn't needed anymore. The small makers have shown you can sell out your entire run in a couple hours, and then you can move on to the next title (which is what Stern wants). Funny how Stern wants to be like the little guys, and the little guys want to be like Stern.

1 month later
#11091 1 year ago

$100 more then MSRP but way better then what the flippers are asking.

$200 more than MSRP, and they're out of stock.

#11093 1 year ago

Thats a trip, was $1099 when he first posted.

I think they only had a couple of them, probably meant for them all to be $200 higher.
The real question is: Was this stock they had held back? Or was it newly produced?
I think it was held back stock, keep seeing Dealers list a couple here and there, that Orange County Crooks dealership and their $1850 for example.
It'll be a great when the "Good 'ol boys" pinball network is broken someday. They're all in on the take (withholding, flipping, scalping, fleecing).
So few hold such a stranglehold over the whole thing, and they won't give it up willingly.

#11122 1 year ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

Does anyone else feel the modes aren't too creative in this game and are very repetitive? I'd normally say wait and see how they update it but i'm guessing that's not happening this time around. Am i being overly critical?

Well this was Lyman's last completed game, and he's not around to continue to improve it.
It's too bad..... it had so much still to be implemented in it..... had he lived I bet it would have been.
Don't think anyone is going to touch it.

At least with Cactus Canyon they got all this thoughts on the mode design. They can code it all without him.
Do they even have all this ideas for EHOH?

#11124 1 year ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

i hope they do but im not certain. I just wish there was more variety to the modes, like hit the spinner x amount of times, or timed shots etc. It seems like its all just hit the lit static shots.

I'm still waiting for my machine (com'on Nov!!) so I have only been able to play a little at PHOF........ I know others have said there's big chunks still to be coded (Hand Of Fate?) and other movies not yet put into the game.

#11134 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I have some and I think I shared them with Stern. For example, he coded a mode called 'pew pew pew' which is basically a frenzy mode with laser sounds and it's based off the ray gun.
Quoted from Lyman (just a few weeks before he left Stern):
"pew pew pew mode is a fast-scoring mode (similar to Iron Man fast scoring) where every switch scores 25K and the game says "PEW". It's pretty funny, makes me laugh.
I have it implemented but I don't know how or when I want the player to activate it.
The most logical place it to allow the player to activate it using the fire button, but I am currently using that for the RAY GUN.
Maybe after the player collects a ray gun and uses it, where they have no more ray guns, they could hit the fire button three times in a row and I could start it there.
Maybe the scoring is based on how many ray guns the player has used up so far"
For the record, I hope nobody takes exception for me sharing the email or information therein. If you want me to stop, please send me a PM. Stern may not like me sharing this stuff. Shrugs.
Rob

That's fantastic! Thanks for sharing

#11139 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yes.
Some clean up and a Haunt or two that Lyman wanted to do if I remember correctly.

I wonder if at some point, Stern will move to a paid model for code updates past a certain version. I wouldn't be surprised, and really, the players probably would be happy to do it. $20(ish) once a year for an annual update (something like that).

1.0(ish) included with the game
1.2 - 1.5 paid annual until final code release and then that's it (1.5 or 1.6). Have to buy each increment of the updates (can't just install the last one).

Imagine them going back and actually finishing a few games they just left hanging. What were those? Wheel of Fortune? CSI? World Poker Tour? Not sure what else.
Sure would be great to have a couple weeks of programmer time every year for five years post 1.0 release.

#11141 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Nice idea but I don’t think Stern has the resources to do this and I don’t think there’s enough incentive for them to do so.

As long as the financial drain aspect of it is squared away, it actually would do them a world of good to have a programmer or two cutting their teeth doing minor updates.
Always good to have specialized talent in the que maturing.

#11143 1 year ago

Anyone put one of those playfield protectors on their Elvira?

I'm tempted to get one before Stern gets around to building mine.
In theory would be great to install one before ever playing it.

Did it help with dimples and such?
How visible are the protectors? Noticeable or not really?

1 week later
#11173 1 year ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

What makes a sticker of elvira popping up more fun then a pinball machine itself? I cant even fathom spending the money on something that basically does nothing.

I think it's one of the best toppers ever. Great theme, it moves, good interaction with the game...... could use more lights though (thunder and lightning).
I'd take this one over the $2500 Pirates topper (a boat with some tentacles and water).

All the Elvira topper needs is a naughty mode where she pops up and tells you a raunchy joke some of the time. "This thing is HUGE..... and ribbed...... wake me up when you're done"....... gets me every time.

1 week later
#11211 1 year ago

Herman looks/moves terrible, actually think Grampa is ok.

#11213 1 year ago

Final run of EHOH toppers shipped from Stern and have sold out in a couple hours. I didn't even notice they had come in until it was all over.

That was it folks (at least that's what my distro told me - they have no more on order since Stern isn't taking more orders for them.... AND, they only got a couple, Stern didn't fill the amount of orders they had for them - distro ordered 20 and received 4).

Happy I prepaid several months ago and am getting one (I also had to order the machine to get one, a machine I may or may not get allocation on in Nov/Dec), sheesh, what a chore.
Why does Stern operate this way?

#11216 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

thanks, is this the final run?

Game or topper?

Topper, probably yes.
Game, not sure. I thought end of the year is it.... but one distro told me he thought Stern would run them again next year since there hasn't been an announcement of them ending production on it.
To me, the game is three years old and Stern doesn't like making them..... so why wouldn't this be it? Next year they'll be back to their regular scheduled program of 4 new games, and I'd assume EHOH will be pushed out totally.

#11218 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Interesting that the page says both “In Stock” and Back ordered at Stern until October.

Yeah I thought they were out of stock.

Their page isn't very good.... you can still buy a Stranger Things Pro on their site (and it says backordered also).

#11240 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Not sure if anyone has done customized code for Elvira, but I have. My friend has Elvira and I tested the update today.
Here's what's added:
Attract mode videos that replace the tutorial videos
Here's a 4 second teaser (only because I thought I was recording for several minutes showing all the videos)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/qarY58V7D82ZJuWAA
What's changed:
Two songs, Jump Jive & Wail and Shout, replaced by the Brian Setzer Orchestra version and The Isley Brothers version.
I'll take a full video tomorrow, but message me if interested in the SD image file, I'll be uploading it tomorrow.

Beautiful

#11243 1 year ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

I'd like to know how you go about making these changes? I feel like I could tinker around with mine to make some additional changes.

It sure would be nice if we could program our own modes, and input audio, video, lightshows and rules. Wouldn't that be awesome!!

#11247 1 year ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

Saw this today on FlipNOut's website. Sneak peak of the price increase for those on lists for the last run this year?
[quoted image]

My distro as of a couple months ago said there was no price increase (yet). I hope this has not changed, but leave it to Stern to rake us over the coals.

My Elvira topper showed up today!!!
Take that filthy scalpers!!! MSRP for me!!! I can't believe they were going for 2k+ there for a while.
Now I have the shooter, the rails, the blades, the topper and a ton of mods.... just need a game.

#11251 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Between that and the not so good economic outlook for the near future we may see many people bail from the list when it comes time to pay up. I'm starting to feel the crunch myself but still hanging in there.

I could be wrong, but I think the next cornerstone will draw people away and take most of their disposable cash right as the economy goes in the toilet..... that whole thing about wanting the latest/greatest, Stern is launching at a great time to take advantage of one last surge.

I just want EHOH, that's my dream theme.

Quoted from Completist:

Bought Elvira a new hat and it arrived undamaged today. At least it appears good, i have not installed it yet.
It is actually heavier than I expected. I seriously thought i was getting a craft store Halloween decoration made out of foam with some LEDs. Does this justify the 1000 price? No i’m not bothering with any of that. But Elvira wants what Elvira wants and i try to keep her happy lol.
[quoted image]

The topper is 14lbs (in the box). I was surprised at it's weight too..... was expecting something like 5lbs. HA!! Not opening mine until the machine gets here, maybe I should take a look..... just in case.

#11260 1 year ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

Anyone else get just a little bit of hope each time a Stern code update email comes in, that maybe just maybe it will be Elvira?
I know I do.

Who would even try to follow Lyman though?

If he had left notes like he did with Cactus Canyon that'd be one thing......

Seems to me this last run of the game would have the final code update if there is one at all.
You'd think after he passed away that Stern would tribute him and finish whatever he left on the drawing board. It was his last finished game after all.

2 weeks later
#11308 1 year ago

Interesting how the toppers have remained available at dealers for a few weeks now.
I thought these would have sold out (again), but that hasn't happened.

Did demand collapse? Or did Stern make a ton of these things this time?
My distro said they had 30 EHOH toppers ordered and they received a handful (I was very happy to get one), but that suggests it's demand that has gone down dramatically.

I'm SUPER HAPPY the filthy scalpers can't get a penny over MSRP on these now. Proves that increasing supply is the answer to those ridiculous prices.
Now we just need more machines and the used market can go back below NIB. Won't that be nice?

#11312 1 year ago
Quoted from Boatshoe:

You guys are cracking me up. I must be a different breed. I have had an Elivra on order since last May, and I pretend that I'm not getting it at all. I'm still not even sure they will make them. Then when I see topper talk, I think "Damn its $1000!" lol. : ) I guess I'm a pinball penny pincher.

I'm waiting for my EHOH also and have two deposits floating around out there (figured this will be the last run)..... but I had an interesting conversation with the second distro I put a deposit at: His deposit was non-refundable (that they were VERY upfront about it), and I said "this is the last run, you're giving me my money back if I don't get allocation from you in Nov" and his response was "Yes, if it is the last run, but there is no indication this is the last run. These EHOH's sell so well that I'm expecting them to be made for a couple years still. Stern has not even hinted to me this is going out of production".

Considering Stern actually doing last calls on GOTG and LZ, maybe he is right. Maybe it isn't the year that will end EHOH but next Halloween. Sheesh, imagine waiting three years to get your Stern game? That's on par with the boutiques.

#11342 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

The MSRP on these toppers is crazy. With that said, any vendors still have one lol?

Yup, they're almost all gone (again).

I wonder how many filthy flippers gorged themselves on this topper run? I was so happy to see them stuck holding inventory from before, and now the same nonsense will probably happen again.

Maybe they'll do another run when the machine is back on the line...... maybe. I hope Stern keeps them flowing to put the hurt on those people.
Glad I was able to get one at MSRP.

#11352 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Thanks. Didn’t see them in the website, I send them an email. Know of any other vendors that still may have them?

That's because they are sold out now too.

I bet the filthy scalpers read that post and ran there to buy them up.

If dealers start listing them again in a couple months at a big markup..... well, at this point you can almost count on it from some of those shady dealers. I still think about email from that one dealer with the HUGE markup, like they were doing people a favor. I'm sure they sold them all at that price too.

No more "limited edition" toppers!!! Run them as long as the game is in production!!

#11365 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

when the premiums are ran again in Nov.

Someone claimed that Zac said the run was pushed into 2023...... I was looking for the episode that had that announcement and was unable to find it.
Anyone know?

It would line up with what my distro told me: Q1 2023..... and he told me that at the beginning of this year. Maybe he was right, or maybe not.

#11374 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Stern doesn’t announce last calls for topper runs AFAIK. From what I was told the recent wave of toppers had been ordered a long time ago and just showed up to distributors. They can’t currently place orders for more with Stern which doesn’t seem to be a good sign.

You think it's bad now.... just wait until Stern figures out they can do Pro/Premium/LE toppers.

1 week later
#11410 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Ya I wish they’d put some effort into coding the existing unused assets, wishful thinking. Maybe do I dare say a $ chargeable update…. Highly unlikely though

Well, who's going to have the guts to continue Lyman's last coding job?
It's one thing to add some IC features to all the games, it's another to try and continue the master's work.

Unless they have notes from him on what was left to do?

I'd pay for a massive update to the code too....... I don't know if it'd be good for Stern to know that or not.

1 week later
#11428 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I have been calling around to various Stern dealers to get on a wait list for an EHOH premium which are supposed to be made again this fall. I just spoke with a representative of FUN! BILLIARDS AND GAMEROOM SUPERSTORE and she confirmed that Stern has a November run of EHOH scheduled and that it costs $500 for a non-refundable deposit to get on the wait list.
She said that if I do not get a game then the $500 would be refunded. However if I find a game in the next 3 months from another vendor then the $500 will not be refunded.
I am a little hesitant to put down a $500 non-refundable deposit on an EHOH premium. If the deposit was refundable I would have already put my $500 down. I have put my name in with a couple of other Stern dealers for an EHOH premium who did not require a deposit.
I am guessing that is the normal process where a deposit is required, but is it normal for the deposit to be non-refundable?
Thanks.
Gord

It's not typical, but I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes the norm to keep people from being on multiple lists at different dealers.
The real question is if they think you'd get one if you put down the non-refundable deposit.

I think it's going to be hard to get an EHOH, unless they make a ton of them for the final run.
I have two paid deposits out there just sitting, and not sure either one will pan out.
If Stern would release the production numbers for Nov and tell the dealers what they're getting it'd be easy to know about getting one.
Not the dealers fault, they're in a tough spot.

#11432 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Have they committed to a price point for their next run?
If memory serves me right, EHOH always costed just over $1k more than other premiums before the price hike.
I fully expect the next run to have an MSRP of over $10k.

Dealers are still working off the expectation of 9K, unless that changes. I hope not, but I wouldn't be surprised either.

Part of me is hoping for a 40th Light (12k-15k) in addition to the final premiums, but that's just a fantasy. I'd like to have a mirrored backglass, but not spending 25K for one. There's still 40th's out there unsold. They shot a little too high on that one (IMO). Beautiful game though, I'd love to have one.

#11438 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

I was quoted $8699 early in the year but that won’t hold up. I think they will be at $9k ish or 10k. That’s a good price point since used is over 12k & you don’t know what your getting. Also thought Stern had parts issues. After playing EHOH I didn’t like the game delays for the movie clips. My buddy who has it just loves it. Right now I went with BKSOR which is lightning fast & the SS is more satisfying for a Elvira pin. But I believe $10k is more than fair.

My deposits were at the $8699 rate, but I've seen it listed by dealers at 9K (before they stopped taking deposits - and most of them have stopped).

One dealer told up it could be as long as Feb or March before it goes on the line, but I think they will do one more run. They did GOTG just to get rid of parts, I think they have spare parts to use up for EHOH as well. I just hope they will have spares for the years to come: a mech heavy game like this will have more broken stuff over time.

I bet what's going to happen is: Stern will call around, ask the dealers how many are presold, and then make that many. No extras..... and that'll be it.

#11442 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

FlipNOut has it listed on their site at $9,899 for the premium. Not sure if that is just a placeholder but I would believe it.

I was told by a distro last week that they are will be marking up games on a graded system from here on out. I expect many dealers will be doing the same very soon if not already. MSPR for the 1st half of an allotment, 10% extra for the 3rd quarter of an allotment, 20% extra for the last quarter.

The dealers are going to be the flippers, and who can blame them? They sell at MSRP and see the game they just sold go for thousands more the next day on Pinside. You already see the dealers doing that with the accessories, especially the toppers.

Look at the IM topper: It was $400 and now it's $900 for the rerelease. How much of that is dealer padding? The build is still that of a $400 topper.
The last EHOH toppers before it sold out again was $1200 at the dealers....... it was a $1000 topper. When there was none, a few dealers were selling held back stock at $1800.

Dealer Scalping...... and I think Stern is encouraging them to do so.

1 week later
#11490 1 year ago

My game does not have that ball.
[quoted image]

Cost cutting?

#11502 1 year ago

I hope they release their schedule for the last run soon and what the allocation numbers are going to be.

1 week later
#11558 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Thank you
Pops won't return here.
But the charity set will have a return of the limited LFS stone as seen in the 40th set, and the casket aims to be a one-off Lyman tribute.

Charity set? Is that being put in a raffle or something? Very curious to see a Lyman tribute casket

3 weeks later
#11707 1 year ago
Quoted from jhallsuxatpinbal:

I'm really hoping they actually make these in November. Things have been moving around so much and rumors swirling about next year or not even making the game again at all. I've been on the list for a year and just hope they turn these things out in November on schedule.

I hope they make them on time in Nov also, but I'm going to take a guess and say it'll be March.
Sept is gone. Oct will be gone with Bond going to sell really well. Nov is gone with LZ and TMNT final runs. They have to slap in the Bond SLE's somewhere, and squeeze in more GZ before no one wants them anymore.
The EHOH people have already been waiting a year at least, and the whole allocation is already sold out. We're a sure thing. Making them faster doesn't do a thing for Stern and they know it.
The year is toast, with another new title coming in Dec/Jan..... EHOH will be in March (IMO).

#11744 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Zach on TPS today confirmed no EHOH run in 2022. Pushed to 2023.

Well, not a surprise....... we knew Q1 2023 back in July.

The question now is: Will it get delayed farther into 2023?
I was thinking it'd be a March 2023 build, but they could make it a Halloween 2023 game, they have nothing to lose by pushing it back.

I wonder what the price is going to be now

#11747 1 year ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

And that's the problem. Stern just keeps kicking us in the teeth over and over but they know it doesn't matter because the allotment of EHOH will get sold no matter what. That's a BS attitude to have toward your customers. I was excited in May 2021, disappointed in Nov 2021, getting excited again in June 2022, and now I'm just straight pissed off. It's not a car, it's a pinball machine. WTAF, man!?

All true..... but here's the thing: everything always comes around eventually. While Stern is flying high now, their time in the sun is not eternal.
A couple years or whatever and people will finally have had enough. People may say this is all the same crap and people don't really care about price..... but that's not true. They are passing the Rubicon of 10K on essentially "Standard" machines, which is a big psychological number. It won't stop them immediately, but there will be attrition from here on out. When a real downturn comes, it's going to bite them hard (in sales volume) which actually (I believe) is part of the reason they are hiking so much now. 1st it lets them milk as much cash as they can in the short term while people are still throwing around money carelessly, and 2nd it sets them up as a true luxury item which is produced in small quantities for the rich when the economy goes belly up.

Even with this intelligent positioning, a decade long period of real deflation is going to rock Stern to it's foundations when the rich totally opt out and there are no buyers left at all. At that point they will regret screwing over the regular folk, but it will be too late and Gary could be croaked out by then anyway.

#11749 1 year ago
Quoted from Boatshoe:

I have to admit I'm close to bailing. I've had an order for about 18 months, but I think it will be over 10k now.

And that's the point.......

I was talking to my distro a few months ago, and he let me know that when the time comes, Stern will call and ask him "how many do you have sold?".
He will be expected to give an accurate # of ONLY games with a sitting deposit. No allowance to have any in stock, no extras.

The more they hike, the more they delay, the smaller the number is going to be. Maybe they only want to do one week of production, and they will make people drop out until they get that target. How long are they making final GOTG and LZ? A week? Two? Single line only of course. Clear out the stocked parts and shut it down.

What would really suck is if they drag it out to mid year and then say "yeah, we're not doing it at all". Then it'd follow STH and Munsters in really crappy endings for in-demand pins.

#11774 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

For anyone interested, we have a small batch of 6 crypt signs available.
https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/elviras-house-of-horrors-pinball-crypt-sign[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice

I'd been wanting one of those for a while...... ordered!!!

#11779 1 year ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

Put my almost membership card away and got my EHOH deposit back. I just didn’t have enough faith they’d make them early 2023 or that they’ll really up the price past the new premium prices and I’m not into $10K+ pins.

That's Stern's intent: they want to get people to drop out..... and they will succeed.
I shudder to think what the stinking price is going to end up being..... and that will cause even more to drop out.
I think they're going to rake us over the coals with an 11K price tag. That will surely get a bunch to throw up their hands (and lunch).
It was rich at $8700 when I put my deposits down. Totally expecting a $2300 bump now..... and they'll get away with it too.

I only hope they do a "final edition", at least something to sweeten the pot to make up a little for the huge price bump and waiting FOREVER.
Of course they won't.

#11787 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

TNT got an EHOH in the other day. Todd said it was a single family low play HUO and was asking $9,900. I don't even see it listed in inventory I bet it's gone but you guys that got left out again might be worth a call. Considering he has Munsters & BKSOR pro's for $8200 I was expecting this to be 12k plus retail.

He made a video about it two days ago.... 10K used.... he also said there is a rumor Stern will not be able to make more for a long time.... and that it will not be less than 10K new IF they make more (which implies more than 10K).

Right at the beginning, one min in.

1 week later
#11813 1 year ago

Seeing EHOH now being listed at 10K (well, 9.9K - same thing) for the next run by distros. They don't know the real price yet, but they're inching it up in anticipation.

10K now, 10.5K later, and settling at 11K is what I think will happen. I guess part of that depends on how far into 2023 the wait goes.
Sure would be nice if it stops rising before then. Maybe the economy will crap out and spook Stern (yeah right!!!).

#11852 1 year ago
Quoted from HighProtein:They likely have the license for much longer than wrap it up games like Limp Zepplin and Guardians of the Groot Motor...

I don't think they have the license for a long time, but it is a much cheaper and easy to get license.
The most recent interview I read with Cassandra said she doesn't want to put on the outfit anymore. She's just a licensing machine now.
All she wants is to live in the country with her girlfriend and have checks come in the mail...... and no one else is going to be making another Elvira pin in her lifetime. The only pinball check coming is from Stern. A check for no further work, or no check for pinball at all. Easy choice.
Stern can renew the license at will, no question about it.

#11865 1 year ago
Quoted from jhallsuxatpinbal:

Can I ask where the info came from regarding Elvira being over $10k on the next run? Everyone keeps saying that but is it just a rumor? Why would this premium be sold for more than GZ? I realize they let the dealers set the price on the 40th but that doesn't mean they need to hike the premium model beyond the msrp of the other premiums. I'm just wondering where all of this is coming from. Seems like everyone is in agreement so it would be a shame if we all just talked Stern into it based on rumors.

Egg is right.... it's a studio release, so roughly $1000 more than a comparable premium.

The "new" standard premium price is $9500-$9700 depending on if it is "hot" or not. EHOH's next run is almost certainly presold out from deposits. Stern knows they can do whatever they want on this next (and final?) run.

Really shady that the end price is going to be 25% higher (or close to it) depending on when you threw down a deposit. All that waiting and all you get is ripped off.

#11871 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

12K doesn't seem right. I'm guessing anyone who says that, already owns one and it just trying to hype their own game.
MSRP on their website still says $8,799

Yeah, it's not going to be 12K

It could be 11K.... or 10.5 or 10.7

A flat 10 is the best we can hope for (IMO).

#11910 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:Well, Elvira has been dethroned.
EHOH is no longer the most expensive topper at $999 MSRP. Mandalorian announced at $1999 MSRP.

This is also showing that the next run of EHOH is going to be 11K...... just like I said.
I wonder if I'm wrong and they go even higher than that now.

If the new model is to double prices (look at the IM topper rerelease - it's double), and the new Mando topper is double vs. the previous high..... then that could mean machine spreads are also going to double. A $1000 studio spread becomes a $2000 spread: EHOH becomes $11.7-$12K

Stern pricing is now Disney pricing.

#11930 1 year ago

Well, we've speculated on price like crazy and have nailed down where it will probably land $10K/$11k/$12k

Now how about we guess on WHEN they will build..... and WHEN we will find out when they will build.

We had word back in July it would be Q1 2023 even though there was still a glimmer that Nov was still a chance (nope).
The production schedule for 2022 is booked, so that's all gone.... we know that.
We don't know if another game will happen in Dec/Jan (it should) so I think that's the wildcard if EHOH is going to be a 1st half (Q1/Q2) run in 2023.

March is Bond, so it's not happening then.
Jan should be whatever new game is announced (Venom/Music Pin?) assuming they do that. So Jan is out.
That leaves Feb as a window for production.... and I think Stern only wants to build for a week before deep-6ing this title.
BUT, that doesn't resolve the rumor Todd Tuckey talked about, which makes me think this is going to be kicked to Sept 2023.
There's still too many deposits out there and Stern needs to thin the herd some more (and they will, one way or another).

I think we find out when the run is right at or after the next title release (Jan/Feb), they'll say end of year 2023 with a huge price increase and it will coincide with a slew of other discontinuing titles (SW/DP/JP/IM) which will force people to choose carefully (along with the 5 new titles for 2023). Overpay for EHOH or get a "deal" on either a different older title going away or one of the new premiums. All that will thin the herd right down to where Stern wants it. Just enough to get rid of the parts they have on hand and no further.

That's what my crystal ball says.... I hope it's broken and we get Feb

#11945 1 year ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

Inflation is at a record 8.20%. The price of Elvira was $7999 at launch in 2019. Google'd "What is $8k in 2019 worth in today's money?" and got "Adjusted for inflation, $8,000 in 2019 is equal to $8,878 in 2022". If I add 8.2% to that (which is double dipping, for inflation sake), it comes out to about $9600. So how is Stern going to justify a price increase to $10K, $11K, or even and especially $12K when they finally decide to build this machine?
It's gouging, plain and simple.

What people also forget is: Stern has multi-year contracts for parts. Inflation or not, the prices are fixed for them.

3 weeks later
#12066 1 year ago

I wonder if we will hear a whisper about this game before the end of the year.......

I kinda doubt it.

Then again, I wonder if we'll hear anything about it until after the 1st runs of all Bond models are finished in March (probably not).
By then it should be time for the next Stern release.

I'm going to guess and say EHOH is now Q4 2023
It'll be part of next year's "last calls" when they get rid of IM, SW and DP.

#12080 1 year ago
Quoted from Ruenin:Would love it if this ends up being accurate.

Zac also mentioned it could be bumped easily too.......

1 week later
#12117 1 year ago

What do people think the odds are of them building more in Feb?

Do people believe it will happen?

I knew back in June it was moved to Q1 '23, but Todd Tuckey said in one of his videos in Oct/Nov that the rumor was Stern wouldn't be able to build any more "for a long time". A long time to me is a year, and Todd is a really great and honest guy. Four months isn't a long time when Stern maybe builds something once a year (maybe)..... so when we lost the scheduled Nov '22 run, "a long time" from then is Q4 '23.

I'm gonna guess and say if Bond sells well, EHOH is bumped to Q4. If Bond sells poorly (and that could very well happen) then there's a small spot for EHOH. I wonder if it will be a "last call" run?

#12119 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

It will almost certainly be last call even if not officially called that. I hope it will happen - there are some with orders in since January 2021 - it’s kind of ridiculous that people are waiting so long.

I also wonder if they're bothering to do it soon since Scooby will take away orders for a fun goofy horror'ish theme.
They would be right..... it will.

Scooby's a bigger name, a newer game, and for less money..... maybe Stern should have built our games in May or Nov like was on the schedule last year.

It is a little bit of a nasty taste that the 1st game to be made AFTER Bond pricing hits is EHOH. What a crummy thing to do to us. I was hoping a couple other catalog titles would hit 1st and crash and burn at the new rates before our game hit the line again.

#12121 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

To be honest, I don't think Bond will sell that well. In markets like here in Canada, the LE is almost $20k and usual LE buyers have passed on this one.
My guess is that EHOH will have its last run, otherwise it would have been retired already. If Stern has some/most/all of the parts to build it, then it's just a matter of when. If they don't have parts, well maybe it doesn't happen after all. Shrugs..
Rob

I agree.... I don't think Bond is going to meet expectations at all.
Truth is, it's too dated. It has a lot of fans, but not of the right demo (IMO). Connery Bond is 60's with a tiny bit of 70's.... that's going to be before a lot of people were born. You've gotta be 51 just to be alive when one came out. Too old a theme, and too focused an audience.
I was at Universal a couple months back and was noticing how old the people were in Harry Potter land...... it was shocking. Not kids, mostly 30's and older.

#12131 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Woz seemed to have worked as a theme, and it’s a childish theme from 80 years ago. Bond movies from that era are timeless, I don’t think it matters if you were born when they came out. The game is very good, tons of flow, good assets and even though it’s early code, you can see the rules are good.

Quoted from Viggin900:

Since when does a game based on an older decade matter? Who are these people who snub their nose at anything that isn't from their generation and only buy newer titles? Led Zeppelin,Rush,Munsters, and Beatles have come out the past 5 years and did fine. So are they just suppose to make Stranger Things forever, because I will tell you, there hasn't been jack movies or music bands made in 11 years worth making a pin about that would stand the test of time.

You guy realize these are all very different things.......
WOZ is a musical, and historically significant: The most watched movie in history, with one of the most recognizable songs in history, sung by one of the most known voices in history. Ask 100 people if they know the chorus of Somewhere Over the Rainbow.... they'll all get it. Ask the same 100 people to match up the Bond movies with the villain of those Bond movies, and who played Bond in that movie. How many could get just two right?

Munsters is syndicated, and watched every afternoon for generations (even that didn't save it - Stern canceled it's azz fast. It's a 2019 title: They should still be making it).
Do people watch a Bond movie everyday? Reruns matter (that's why Scooby is going to do well).

Music itself is a permanent rerun on steroids: radio, satellite, streaming, cd's, tapes, records...... over and over for decades, rebooted in whatever new format, consumed in small amounts, with little cost or time investment but with good instant enjoyment. Often times it isn't the music, it's the associated memories and feeling you recall with particular music. That's why music is timeless.

Age does matter: To me, Brosnan is Bond. I despise Craig, never watched a single Craig Bond (and fully admit Goldeneye was the only good Brosnan Bond movie). Does Connery, Dalton or Moore matter? Absolutely, they came before..... they are someone else's Bond, just like Craig is younger people's Bond. They are all correct, but only one is "your" Bond.
Big fan base, and one which is inherently fragmented. Who does Connery appeal to most? Boomers. 60+'s which is a good segment for people with money being thrown around. Is this group going to be buying games in 20 years? No, they're going to be dead or about to croak. So is this a good send-off for a pinball generation? Yup, absolutely, and I hope they love it. It's time to cater to Gen-X and Millennials now. They are the current and future buyers of games.

Put into perspective with this thread..... Elvira....... she's retiring (actually already retired)..... she spans 40+ years of young boys oogling her boobs. That's Boomers, Gen-X and Millennial boys/men. For some she's the spokeswoman for Coor's "Silver Bullet", for some she's the Mistress of the Dark star, for the oldest she's the host of that TV show with horrible B-Movies, and for the youngest fans she's a Knott's Scary Farm showgirl. What ties it all together is her: she is the only Elvira (unlike Bond). Therefore she gets every fan from every segment for herself. No fragmentation except which "Version" of Elvira is "yours". I prefer the 80's Mistress of the Dark Elvira myself..... it was the funniest, and had the most boobage. To each their own.

Bond may be a bigger license, but too broad. Elvira is focused and specific (just like WOZ, Music, Etc.). It'd be like making a Dr. Who pinball..... which doctor is going to be featured? Which era? Too broad.

My opinion only of course.

#12133 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Easy on us boomers dying or croaking ok? You millennials crack me up

HA!!!

I'm not a millennial

I know everyone thinks they will live forever..... I've seen a lot of death the last couple of years. Boomer and Gen-X.
Realistically it will only increase as time goes on.
You see Cristy Ally passed away today? She was only 71.

Touchy subject, I understand.

#12135 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm just Flippin you sh#t . I'm only 62, have at least another 30 years in me. But, older themes have and will continue to outsell new ones. It's hard to name a band or movie from today that will still be relevant 50 yrs from now. But, stern makes me a Hendrix pin, they can make all the hip hop/ rap pins they want. And I won't say a word

I agree with you, and I think it's because there are no "superstars" like there were when we were growing up. There's too much media now. Too much fragmentation and overload for anyone's sustained attention.
People are too busy, and too distracted. Everything is instant, nothing anticipated or saved for. Hmmmmm, maybe that's why I like pinball (in part). One of the few things you still have to wait for. How funny.

#12153 1 year ago
Quoted from tdawgmd:

Update—went into the diagnostics for the topper and when you select open, it pops up a small amount but then closes immediately. The game says the topper is “open” and it’s not. When you click close again it pops briefly and then says it’s closed. So it could be a faulty mechanism. I’ll check that thread out, but honestly as expensive as this thing is it really should be plug and play.

Seems like a lot of people had problems with the topper opening correctly.
You'd think they were all tested before leaving the factory, guess not.

Was yours from 20-21 or that run here in 22?

#12159 1 year ago

Stern better release some EHOH news and pricing...... Scooby is gonna take that cash.

#12204 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

They didn’t happen to know the price did they?

100 billion (resized).jpg100 billion (resized).jpg
#12218 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Oof. And I thought the aftermarket prices were already bad, this is just gonna give them ammo to go even higher

Not really, lack of supply made them go high...... this batch will satisfy a lot of the demand out there. Prices will fall or at least stabilize. I hope they build a nice big block of 500 units.

Bad news for distros with unsold 40th's, but that's how it goes. They held out for too long for too much money.
I wonder if Stern took so long because they were trying to help distro's sell all the 40th's by not supplying regular premiums.

Once demand is equalized, I think LE's will come down to 13, 40th's to 18, and used premiums to 8 or 9.
Looks like Stern is going to come 'round in '23 to knock out demand of catalog titles and smack them down while cashing in at Bond pricing. EHOH, JP, IM, GZ no more lack of supply in '23.

#12229 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:Sounds pretty unlikely to me. This is an example of how exactly 0 games have had prices trend downward after demand is met. But we'll see! It would make sense that Stern sat on the new run of games since they had unexpected demand for GZ, so the lines were full - and that the 40th EHOH were specifically made to help out dealers with that super high margin. Unfortunately that didnt' work out so great. this title has such a weird business case

Once you see demand equalized, you DO see prices decrease.

-High availability-
Led Zep (Premium): Average used price: $7500-$7800
Mando (Premium): Average used price: $7300-$7800
TMNT (Premium): Average used price: $7300-$7800

-Low availability, ongoing production-
AIQ (Premium): Average used price: $8000
Rush (Premium): Average used price: $8200
Star Wars (Premium): Average used price: $8000

-Zero availability high demand, ongoing production-
JP (Premium): Average used price $10.5k-$11k
IM (Premium): Average used price $11k
DP (Premium): Average used price $11k
EHOH (Premium): Average used price $12k

-Newly OOP-
GOTG (Premium): Average used price $11k-12k

See what happens? Good availability means much lower prices. Used can't compete with NIB at the same price, it has to move lower with sustained availability.

"Last Call" removes the sustained aspect of availability, but it hasn't helped LZ or TMNT (not yet anyway). GOTG: Stern couldn't be bothered to build more premiums. See how last call + availability affected that one? Top of the range.

Stern's gonna roll into town in '23 and wipe out JP, IM, DP, EHOH 2nd hand elevated pricing with NIB 10K machines..... all that value currently in the used market will be sucked up by them (IMO). All these are going to be down to $8k used (and below).

In the end, it's all about perception. People can't see pricing going lower because it's not very visible yet and they are conditioned to believe it can only go up.
The game totally changes with supply. Stern is already signaling what is about to happen: A new factory for more supply, and George saying fewer games until they "Catch up". Catchup on what? $10k catalog games. They're going to clear the table. All that cash belongs to them (as Gary sees it).

Once people do see it, and accept what is happening, then perception will change.

#12240 1 year ago

Yup, you were right....... confirmed with two distros.

So now that $10.5 is going to be proven as acceptable for a premium..... I wonder if they will move the other premiums to match later in the year?
Standardize premium prices (upward of course).

#12250 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

The current price for premiums in 2023 is $9699. That is for cornerstone titles. That doesn't mean there won't be other price increases on cornerstones in 2023, but that is the current price. EHoH is a studio title. Studio titles have no pro version and are priced higher than their cornerstone counterparts.

Yes I know that.... not what I was getting at.

EHOH paves the way for everything else.

EHOH Cornerstones
Launch $8K $7600
2020 $8.3K $7800
2021 $8.7K (no availability) $7800 then $8399 then $9000
2022 $9K then $9999 (no availability) $9000 then $9500 then $9700
2023 $10.5 $9700 then ??????

Cornerstones chase EHOH. This game shows where Sterns pricing is going ahead of time.
In every case except at $9000, EHOH increased in price ahead of the cornerstones.

2nd new game in '23 has EHOH pricing (IMO).

#12277 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Just heard from my distro. I’m 18th on the list with only 8 games allotted. I would say this is a medium sized distributor. Price is indeed 10,500. Perhaps a few spots will clear up but guessing not over half drop off. Looks like it’ll be yet another year before I get one. If she only knew how many mods I have just patiently waiting to adorn her!

Yeah, Stern is playing games again..... not going to build enough to satisfy demand. What a letdown.
And Gomez said they were going to be "caught up" this year. I guess I have a different idea of what "caught up" means.

I wonder if it'll be the same thing for all the other catalog titles in '23: only build a third of the backorders.
What I don't understand is: Why does Stern want to keep the distribution channel empty? To make sure there's nothing to buy except whatever is new? I don't get it. How does that benefit them? A sale is a sale. Two weeks of production would fill all the backorders, place inventory into the system for a year or two and allow them to retire the game after this run with class. I just don't get it.

#12292 1 year ago

I hope it doesn't take long for the distros to figure out their final list.

I know they have to call everyone and confirm if they're in or out.... now the real waiting begins.

#12303 1 year ago

Curious how many have (or haven't) made the cut on this run....... or were fed up with Gary's greed and decided to drop out?

I'm waiting to hear if I made it or not. Was hoping it'd be quick for the distros to have their final lists, but I guess it takes time to call everyone. I mean, yes or no..... how long can it take?

If you are still in but didn't make the cut, are you going to hold on for a 2024 run?

1 week later
#12371 1 year ago

I wonder if more campy campers will be made for sale.

1 week later
#12471 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

As we get closer to the next run, I am getting very excited for this pin. It’s been on order for two years and had who knows how many price increases, but I will finally have this lovely lady in my game room.

Same boat, getting so close (for the 3rd time )......

#12500 1 year ago

I'm eagerly waiting the build next month.......

As long as Stern doesn't do the whole "EHOH switcharoo" of "Oh yeah, EHOH.... we're not building that. Maybe after another three price increases!!! -Love, Gary"

#12600 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Absolutely , think about it , .002” of plastic vs steel ball. It doesn’t matter what era your clearcoat was made it’s 100% about how hard the wood is.

So then how does a playfield protector stop dimples and craters? It's just plastic.

#12618 1 year ago

Who thinks next month is the final run of EHOH?

Yeah, I know: Zac said Stern told him not to cancel orders after this run..... but then why would it be the only run for '23?

Conclusion of this year makes the game 5 years old, and Stern doesn't like building them.

I think this is it.

#12624 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

It’ll be 4 years this October.
BM66 was run from 2016-2022, SW 2017-present, DP and Maiden 2018 are older than EHOH.
Of course that doesn’t mean anything since some pins have very short production time and others are very long.

You're right about time by month.... I was counting starting with 2019..... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23..... five

Very atypical to go that long though. Of the '19 releases how many are already gone? IM was gone once already but came back, and this year is it for DP (IMO).

'19
Munsters = Gone (19, 20, 21? was it two or three? I'm not sure)
BKSOR = Gone (19, 20, 21 three)
SW Comic = Gone (19, 20, 21 three)
STH = Gone (19, 20, 21 three)
'20
TMNT = Gone (20, 21, 22 three)
LZ = Gone (20, 21, 22 three)

The average seems to be three calendar years, not years by date (IMO) with the month of release just being a luck of the draw.
They almost stopped with the EHOH 40th, and that was three calendar years... 19, 20, 21.

#12688 1 year ago

I wonder when it will be on the line in Feb......

Will they knock them out early before starting on GZ? Or be at the end of the month as an afterthought once they run out of GZ parts?

Guess it doesn't matter one way or the other, it'll happen when it happens (if it happens).

It will suck so bad if they kick it down the road (again).

#12709 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

Sure.... I can't take the credit for most of them. I only added the medisynl mods.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I see you have glow rubbers.... and glow flippers? How cool is that. Do they light up real good? I've never seen any in person.

I've been thinking about what color titans to put on mine when it shows up....... was leaning towards glow rubbers, but not sure.
What seems to be the most used color on Elvira? Clear? Black? Purple? I'm sure they all look great, and I know the included Stern rubbers are cheap garbage.

#12713 1 year ago

Thanks guys, I'm going to try glow on mine.

Give it a spooky vibe (I hope) for a horror theme.

Sure can't wait for the game to hit the line. What a wait for a game, it's hard to believe the wait is almost over..... but what an expensive wait.

#12715 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I have been waiting for so long that it still doesn't feel real. I held off on buying other games through all of 2022 in anticipation of the November run that never happened. Fortunately, I decided to hold out just a little bit longer. I'm still half expecting something to go horribly wrong that will drag this out even further.

I know the feeling..... and Stern has such a hard-on for Bond at the moment, I almost expect them to say "Oh yeah.... demand for Bond is so high we are bumping EHOH to Oct....." Except Bond has no demand. What a pickle for them. They assumed it was going to be this giant hit and everyone is like "This game is OLD, where is the next one?". Stern has had 5 months almost exclusively with Bond, why isn't Bond production OVER already?

They really need to get back to three releases a year (or more). Two a year is like they are regressing to JJP levels.

I haven't heard a thing from my distro since they emailed and said "we think you are getting an EHOH..... IF Stern actually ships us the numbers they allocated to us". It'd be nice to have some follow-up.... but I know they probably have told me everything.

Oh I do have a question: This is my 1st game (WOO HOOO!!!)..... what happens when they ship you the game? Do they just drop it off on your driveway? Or will they wheel it into your garage (or somewhere else)? I know I need to buy a dolly or something..... will I need to race out there and move it from the truck or is it a little easier than that? I know it's on a pallet, but I'm alone. How to get it off the pallet and onto the dolly.... the things you learn. HA!!!

#12720 1 year ago

Oh right..... unbox before getting it thru a door. HA!!
Yeah that makes sense..... and wiggle off the pallet, thanks!

They have those dollys with the three wheels for minor stair climbing..... I'm thinking of getting one of those (they don't look like 650lb but that's what they say). I only have one half step to get from the garage to the house (and the door lip). Seems very minor, but I don't have any help. It would suck to crash into the wall or the door frame.... LOL!!!

There are zero dealers in my area, so no white glove option.
So exciting though. The 1st of (hopefully) many.

Thank you guys

#12740 1 year ago

Is it true? It's on the line?

Hard to believe...... surreal......

Excited to hopefully see a invoice real soon.

#12743 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Lyman obviously had plans for more haunts as indicated by settings in the menu, but it's doubtful Stern would allocate resources to continue to work on the code. Anything is possible, however.

Perfect time for a DLC expansion..... although that opens a can of worms forever.

#12748 1 year ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Wondering if you can dwell on the roof mod, ramp airball fix and left ramp ball lock alignment fix? Got a few of those mods myself ready to go but hadn't heard of these things before so want to be prepared. Cheers!

I don't know what the roof mod or ramp airball fix is either..... but the left ramp ball lock fix is sold at PinballLife. Small little bit of plastic that makes the ramp level with the trunk so it's smoother.

#12751 1 year ago

Right on!! Thanks!!

Bought that airball cover..... what is the Roof mod?

#12756 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-crypt-roof-mod-
That’s the roof mod. It came with the medisynal mods set I purchased. I don’t know if it was also produced by medisynal originally.

How interesting.... I don't think Medisynal made that piece. It wasn't in the original ad for the EHOH mods he did.
I wonder who did that? Looks real nice, I like it.

#12788 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Gomez was asked straight up about Elvira’s schedule during a Bond stream he was on today.
https://www.youtube.com/live/pDXOlGes3H0?feature=share
1:44:28 is when he’s asked. It’s not exactly comforting.

Wow, now I wonder if it's getting kicked down the road (again).

If it misses this window, we're into the next cornerstone and it's not going to be allowed to cut into that.
I bet it'll be the end of the year if it's pushed again.

Stern sure hates us EHOH customers......

Imagine if they push us out again, and ANOTHER price hike hits us.

#12797 1 year ago

They just said on the Next Stern Thread that EHOH is now kicked indefinitely.

Well, I hope they can kick out a ton of GZ's this month...... let something positive come out of this.

#12810 1 year ago
Quoted from Joker19:

The issue is they have been putting her on the back burner for 2 years. Oh sorry wait they did the 40th edition... My bad

They need to announce the 41st anniversary edition and delay the premiums again.

Put in some limited edition extended Lyman code/haunts with all the filmed assets to show CCr how it's done.

#12849 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Nope. There's a lot of stuff not implemented. It's more than 10, but far less than the 25. Off the top of my head, "Wasp Woman", "Don't Go Down to the Basement" and "Eegah!" are not in there. Wasp Woman and Eegah are prominently featured on the translite, too. Clearly 25 movies is a little ambitious, but I certainly wouldn't have minded of at least those two were in there. I don't know why they weren't prioritized; seems like the translite would reasonably show the most compelling (and I use that term loosely) films. There's some great shots in Wasp Woman. ... Not so much Eegah! lol

I bet it all would have been done eventually if Lyman was still around. I don't think anyone would be willing to tinker with it unless they were working from his notes. There has to be someone though who could finish it as a tribute project for him. I hope Stern does it for the 1st DLC (they won't otherwise IMO).
The 40th backglass has new stuff on it, are those referencing more movies? Were those put into the game?

I wish Lyman could have known, or rather felt the appreciation and affection people had for him. Depression is a horrible, horrible thing.

#12853 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The 40th backglass has new stuff? I just thought it said "40th anniversary" on it or something. +1 re: depression.
Since Lyman quit Stern to go work for CGC, I don't know if he would ever have been able to go back to it.. but who knows? Ted Estes went back to TZ (I will never not be grateful for that), and he certainly wasnt' working for Williams at the time.

Yeah the 40th has additional stuff on it. There's floating heads above the crypt on the right which weren't there before, I can't remember what else was different. At the time 40th was released people were pointing out the differences (it's been a while).

I thought Lyman kept a development kit from every place he worked, and when he felt the need would start coding away...... he was famous for working on, I don't remember which game, but he wasn't working there and still kept making updates. What an awesome guy.

#12869 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Looks like you can buy the Elvira House of Horrors Neca box of collectibles at the Stern store now. Same price as it was at target, $50. XL shirt size version only though.
https://shop.sternpinball.com/products/neca-elvira-crate

Just means Stern bought some on overstock clearance for $5 and selling them for $50.

So the 60th is shipping this week (are they done with them?), and GZ has yet to hit the line.
GZ is three weeks of production (or two? I thought it was three).

Com'on EHOH..... that new Cornerstone is coming up fast for March, don't run outta time.

That would be so funny....
George: "More EHOH is coming, I promise"
The next week, Stern flings EHOH crate boxes at customers..... "There you go, EHOH stuff just like we promised!!!"

#12898 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Anyone feel like this is the calm before the storm? I'm hoping over the next few weeks we get to see some unboxings! Happy Friday everyone!

Stern is quiet as a mouse.....

How many games get released over the next month? 3? 4? 5? Absolutely the calm before the storm.
Hope we don't get bumped again (but if anything gets bumped: it's us). I could see them wanting to sell as many GZ's they can before all this other stuff starts eating up player's disposable cash.

If we do get delayed to Oct, I'll be disappointed but not sad. Galactic Tank Force, BBBr(?), TZr(?), MMr(?) would be more than fine to take my cash until EHOH hits again.

#12942 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Check out the cdu he released today, I ordered one

Really thinking about getting one too!

Sure would be nice to adjust the volume from the outside (whenever they get around to building EHOH). I have a brand new in-box Pinwoofer setup just waiting for the machine.

#12950 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

So here we are, the start of the last full week of the month.
Will EHOH be on the line Friday?

Next week I think.

This week is another GZ week. Could be wrong of course.

#12952 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I guess time will tell.

Would be nice if they would announce production on Mondays instead of after the fact on Fridays

Maybe Zack will do a podcast this week and announce what's on the line.... or maybe Tilt will be at the factory again and take a peek. Surely there will be a hint or leak in the next couple days.

As long as it's not "Parts problems: EHOH rescheduled to end of year"

#12955 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

Bonds this week...

I thought last week they built all the 60th's, and the week before that was GZ. It takes Stern a week to ship stuff out, so GZ shipped last week, 60th will ship this week, and GZ is back on the line right now? Originally 60th was to be built Feb 6th - 10th but parts messed it up, and GZ was to be ran for three weeks uninterrupted.
Factory Friday is a wrap-up of what they spent the week building, not a setup for the coming week. Right?

Feb:
6th - 10th = GZ week 1 in production
13th - 17th = 60th in production, GZ week 1 ships
20th - 24th = GZ week 2 in production, 60th ships
27th - 3rd = EHOH or GZ week 3 in production, GZ week 2 ships
March
6th - 10th = New Cornerstone in production or EHOH if bumped a week, EHOH or GZ week 3 ships
13th-17th = New Cornerstone in production, EHOH ships if it was bumped a week

I suppose they could say "forget it" to GZ this week and build EHOH. That sure would be a nice surprise, but I thought Zack said EHOH would be the very end of Feb or be moved into early March. Everything makes sense for a March 6th run.

#12957 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Who gives a fuck what said Zack said? Does he have a secret camera of something sat up to see the production line at Stern or something? LOL!

Distros know a heck of a lot more than we do.... they get all those juicy Stern memos that aren't suppose to be shared with us.

#12960 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I barely think Stern knows what they are doing.

Ain't that the truth?

#12975 1 year ago

Gomez just said Elvira is on the line at the end of the dead flip stream (@2:49:40).
Question asked: Is Elvira on the Line?
Drunk Gomez: Yes.

Oh nice!!!! Right on!!!

So the "big push" for GZ is canceled. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I can't believe they are going to make our machines!!!

#12978 1 year ago

So on the line now, ship to distros late next week, and on their way to us the week after that..... I can't believe the wait is almost over..... surreal

A year and a half anticipation coming to an end.

What a journey!!!

#12982 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Listen guys... Kaneda did not confirm Elvira is on the line so you may want to hold off on all the excitement until we get some sort of official answer here. Further more, no word from Zach either. LMFAO!

Yeah Yeah!!! LOL!!!

Those guys normally are really good about a heads ups. A fumble this time.

#13019 1 year ago

It's hard to believe..... finally here.

I wonder what production improvements have been made on this (assumed) final run.
Hope they do something for the extra $2300

Would be so cool if they had the vendor adjust the crypt gap and fix it (yeah, I know - never happen).

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13022 1 year ago

NOW WITH INSIDER CONNECT.... :-/

dr evil (resized).jpegdr evil (resized).jpeg
#13026 1 year ago

Thats with tax? Cause it's 10,500 retail.

Maybe $300 shipping? Sounds about right if no deposit on it already.

#13053 1 year ago

You mean lower prices on used right? RIGHT?!

I don't know if this run will really bring prices down on EHOH, but it does satisfy all demand for people WILLING to pay $10.5k
There are people wanting one who are unwilling to pay $10.5k.... so that will put a floor underneath against price drops beyond a specific point. What is that floor? Who knows. $9500? Somewhere in there I'd think.
A used premium non-studio should be $8200ish used, a low run and highly regarded studio like EHOH will land at $9500ish used (IMO). I guess that could change some once it's officially discontinued (I wonder if that will happen right after this run, or at the end of the year).

#13058 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Do we have any idea on the production numbers of this title?

Wild ass guess: 2100, all editions/models included, plus 500 from this week.
It's been what, 2 years since a regular run? Back then they only had one line, 300 production a week and they released 6 games in year (2019). There never was time to put it out in quantity and the assembly time is higher on this game. Maybe 8 weeks total time on the line since release?

I bet the production numbers are really small. The higher studio offset and LE/SLE's are what made the profit margin worth keeping it in the roster.

#13061 1 year ago

What sucks is if this is last call, and they don't say anything. It's early in the year so it's going to be a long wait to see if Elvira even gets made then next year since we know this year's full schedule now. But it's getting crowded, they are going to need to be retiring some pins soon.... possibly Rush? It's the only current corner stone that seems to sit at distros longer than the rest but it's also pretty recent.... well except for Bond which every local place here has a bunch of NIB sitting about and more is coming soon, so maybe it's just a bit of early over production on that pin?
Avengers, Star Wars, Maiden, all been running so long now... Deadpool also was older than Avengers? I could see both Marvel games getting final called.

They aren't going to get rid of Rush yet (IMO), but Maiden is finished after this run (no way they have three music pins in 2024). Notice they aren't calling Maiden a "last call" either (just like EHOH). I think they get to the end of the year and see if there's enough demand for a last call (one week production - 500 units). If they are pre-sold, they'll do it. Otherwise... axed without a last call. No way EHOH pre-sells another 500 units at $10.5k over the year. No way people pay more than $10.5k after the 2024 price increase.
I think SW gets cut, EHOH gets cut, Maiden is cut, and DP is cut. DP is a total given since it's set for one more run in Dec.
If it wasn't for George, I think EHOH wouldn't have made it to this run. God bless George.

#13105 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:I concur.
This run does NOT appear to be sold out, no.
At least a few distributors have offered preorder spots in their email promotions.
The price is largely to blame, I assume, and the likelihood of more new releases at TPF this month.

Which is why this IS the last run.

They had 4X the pre-orders just sitting before Christmas, and now they don't have them all sold. Why would they do another run?
Price killed it, and next year we can assume another price increase. If they can't sell at $10.5K, they sure won't sell at higher than that.

Very thankful they are doing this run to clear the standing orders. They didn't have to.

#13115 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

They didn't have to bend people over that had deposits on the game at a cheaper price, they could do the right thing and honor the price people committed to originally.

Well that's the truth..... and I hate the way Stern treated us.

Have to look on the flip-side if we are going to be fair and honest though...
1. Stern hated building this game. More assembly time, more complex.
2. Stern hated the BOM on this game. More mechs, more toys, more things to go wrong.
3. Stern didn't expect to still be making them. They wanted a haunted house game and just slapped Elvira on there. Meant to be a short lived "get it out the door and move on" game. Something for their people to do, not to be a big long-term hit. They released 6 games that year, how many of them are left?
4. The two people who are responsible for the game (Lyman and Nordman), left the company. They can't let a game be a giant hit when the people responsible for it are working for their competitors. Office politics and ego. If Elwin left Stern, they wouldn't be making a big deal about his games either.... they can't. When someone (or someones) are disloyal for whatever reason: you bury them. Just the way it works.

It all combines to the Stern's attitude of "If you really want it, you're going to have to pay for it". I think 40th was meant to be "it" and shut down production. "If you really want it, you're going to have to pay for it". When that didn't shut people up, they waited and hoped it would go away.... it didn't. Their next strategy was to wait and rise prices dramatically to thin the herd (which worked beautifully): 75% cancellation rate. If they really wanted to build the game, it would have had more than one week of production (which is the minimum). After two years..... one week of production!! That says it all.

Our saving grace was our little Stern Angel: George. He was tired of hearing about it... "where's Elvira? where's Elvira? where's Elvira?". He had to be sick of it, and also understand that it was making Stern look really, really bad.
This production run lets them shut it down and say they made the game. They'll probably have a party once the last unit leaves the factory.

#13118 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

LOL what? For example, roofing suppliers are having such trouble getting materials they are backlogged 1 YEAR, and price increases started 18 months ago. If you don't want the stuff at those prices, too bad. you can try to go somewhere else, but they will tell you the same thing.

Then they shouldn't supply a quote if they are booked a year out. Pretty simple.

In the market a futures contract isn't renegotiated because prices change.... a contract is a contract.

#13126 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Boom!
[quoted image]

Wow!!!

I haven't even received my final invoice yet. Amazing.

So where is the IC located on this final run of machines? Looks like you are the 1st to get one.

#13164 1 year ago

Damn, that is one BIG AZZ IC layout on the right.

Thanks for posting that. They don't supply a card to replace the lower right one? Sheesh.

#13169 1 year ago

I wonder how many EHOH's are getting canceled today after seeing Foo?

#13176 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Rather have Elvira personally

Me too (of course - it's a grail theme), but other people aren't like us.

Quoted from Rewdood:

Well, the distributor I went through told me he only got half of his allotted machines. He said he should get the other half this week, but what are the chances he never gets the other half?
If that happens I guess I'll be on a Foo Fighters list lol

That's terrible...... what I don't understand is on Zack's pinball show yesterday, he said EHOH is on the line now. What?? It was on the line last week, they're done making them. Why would he say they're on the line now? I haven't received my final invoice yet, and was wondering what they heck was going on. Half? Com'on Stern. I'd be so pissed if they only made half and canned the rest.

We need to get VisitorQ to call up Zack and Kaneda to confirm.... that'll clear it up!!!

#13187 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I haven’t gotten a shipping notice yet from CT.

I haven't gotten one either - and I'm not ordered with cointaker.

Makes sense though, those EHOH's on Monday/Tuesday were sent out, all the ones from the later half of the week should be arriving at dealers this week.
No need to panic until next week. I'm just happy to see some of us have received a game already. How nice is that?

Won't be long now.....

#13205 1 year ago

Yes.... a chance..... the same chance Godfather has for selling more units than Foo

#13206 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

OMG! ZERO.ZERO!!

Now hold on a min there VisitorQ......... you don't know.

But if you asked Zack and Kaneda, THEN you would know for sure.

#13211 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

This is true. I will wait for an official word from the powers to be which is of course Zack and Kaneda.
I was out of line on my prior comment.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!

#13224 1 year ago

I wonder what Elvira #4 will be like.......

By the time it comes out in 20 years, Elvira will be 91 and I'll start drawing from social security (not that it will be there)....... I wonder what a NIB pin will cost by then? May give me a heart-attack just as I retire.

HA!!!!

#13226 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

There are 6 main haunts with many clips:
Manons the Hands of Fate
Teenagers from Outer Space
Night of The Living Dead
Manster
Werewolf of Washington
The Brain That Wouldn't Die
There There are 3 haunts that need to be unlocked via the key from Elviras trunk alosnwitha lot of clips:
Santa Clause Conquers The Martians
Satanic Rites of Dracula
Giant Gila Monster
Then you have lots of clips from Gappa.mov8e as well during the Gappa Angry mode
Plus there are small clips from a lot of the other movies that are also played during things like the drive me crazy mode, happy hour, phone a fiend, scream test, make-out mayhem, etc.

Can't wait to get this game!!!

#13261 1 year ago
Quoted from murfe88:

I am thinking about selling my Topper. I could use the money for a deposit for FOO. What would a fair price be ?
[quoted image]

Well, I think they are going for around $1300 NIB from dealers at the moment (if you can find one).
I'd assume the prices will go up (once again) after the current run of 500 is delivered to customers and demand rises.
Will it see $2000 again? Yeah in a couple years. Right now? $1000 used (I think - maybe I'm wrong).

I'd be curious what my NIB EHOH side armor set is worth now. That's the rarest item.

#13262 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Are the new Elvira Premiums shipping with IC…or is that another expense that Stern will hit us up for..

Included

#13263 1 year ago

What is the most clever Medisinyl Mod EHOH engraving you've seen?

I have the "Stiffton" version and missed the 1st version when you could request something custom.
Been thinking about redoing the top of mine to something more flashy.

A picture I've seen that was really awesome was "Good Head: My favorite".... oh that had me cracking up. What a great callout to Scared Stiff.
Of course the Lyman version that was auctioned for charity was amazing.
Did someone have a Vincent Price? Could have sworn I've seen that too.

#13271 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Do we know if Stern really built 500 for this run or is that just a guess? Would be interesting to know how many EHOH games in total are out there. Seems like it might be one of the lowest run Spike 2 games besides WWE.
We know that there are 400 LE's, 50 Signature Editions, 199 40th games, plus ???? Premiums.

Well, we don't know for sure..... but one week of production should be around 500 units (except for EHOH being harder to build, not sure how that impacts the numbers).

Someone who posted their new box from last weeks run suggest to me (based of the serial) that around 3000 units total including this run (maybe that is just the premium - I don't know)..... but if limited versions are just numbers segregated in a range as they should be: then around 3000 total.
I think the serial is a prefix (game) followed by the production number (also could be wrong about this - but it makes sense. It's what other manufactures do).

Also lines up with my estimate of 2300 units prior to this run. Looks like I was a little off, but decently close.

#13274 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

1 just sold on ebay for $1699

Wow, prices already going up? Well, it's Ebay though. That place is ridiculous. I remember some A-hole dealer was trying to get 3K out of one last year. Just sickening.

#13280 1 year ago

Such an awesome version.

Absolutely the pinnacle of that mod. Amazing and fitting tribute.

#13282 1 year ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

Hey guys, my new game is having a few issues. The left orbit returns the ball to the left sling which usually fires it down the drain. I see there's a sticky note on this thread for a video of the fix, but it says the video is unavailable. Any clues how to fix this?
Also the ball doesn't shoot out of the lane properly on a consistent basis. Half the time it rattles it's way up the lane and can't make it to the top. Sometimes it fires so hard it hits the glass and gets stuck on top of the plastic in the upper right corner. Other times it rattles behind the house and comes back down to the pops. Its all over the place.

Oh no... you're the second person to have troubles right outta the box.

You'd think this game would be old hat to Stern. I guess that's what two years of not making it does. I was hoping they'd have put in some new fixes and quality improvements..... silly me.

#13291 1 year ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Apparently mine needs all the fixes as well. I'll look at garage up post tonight. My left orbit always hits the sling so I'll need to adjust the guide as well. The canon, or whatever its called on the right always shoots the balls too high. I'll have to see if anything else is off as well. Glad we have these threads to help out on new games.

Sheesh... for an extra $2300 Stern can't even be bothered to build them right.

I'm not surprised.

#13317 1 year ago

Com'on final invoice..... is today the day?

You'd think the dealers would have received their shipments already.

#13320 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Mine said he had his for days, did you check with Kaneda or Zack?

HA!!!

Zack said EHOH was on the line Monday.... nonsense, it wrapped last Friday...... Foo is on the line this week.

But just to be sure.... I better check with Zack and see if that's correct.
Kaneda is too busy fighting with AP to confirm anything right now.

I think your distro is wrong. Did HE call Zack and Kaneda to confirm he's had his games for days? If he didn't, then he's just guessing.

#13323 1 year ago
Quoted from Rewdood:

Me too, what are the chances we got boned? Not distro's fault obviously, I'm worried Stern called the week early and cut production

I just heard from mine...... he says the games are coming in two batches (half and half). The 1st half have already arrived with dealers, and the second half will show up in 1-2 weeks (but before TPF for sure).

Oh drat... I didn't ask him if he confirmed with Zack and Kaneda...... I guess we don't know for sure after all.

#13330 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Still doesn't explain why any distros would be getting them in batches 2+ weeks apart if all of the machines were run last week.

No way of knowing. Could be as simple as they ran out of stickers ..... I'm just surprised they got the ones built early in the week out the door and in dealers hands the same week. That accounts for the 1st half already delivered, we can assume the later part of the week are the second half. Why it's taking longer to ship - who knows. Maybe they're out of ink for the EHOH stamp on the side of the box

#13333 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Did anyone consider this to be the problem with the shortage of games?
[quoted image]

We need to apply some Pinside Logic here.........

41st Anniversary Edition Confirmed!!!!

#13434 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnnyCage:

Here's some pictures on what I've done with my EHOH for modesty. I used Oracal removable adhesive vinyl. It's not perfect but it keeps my wife happy. I also replaced the backbox side art with custom side art.

There's a much better solution man...... uncover those jugs, and take a picture of your wife's face, blow it up, print it out, carefully cut it out, and paste it over Cassandra's.

Problem solved!!!

#13460 1 year ago

Did anyone make an instruction video on how to install the Cliffy's by any chance?

Searching the thread I see people asking about how to do it. Is it self-evident? The two shooter eject ones makes sense (screws), but the little small ones...... hmmmm. I don't get it (from the pictures). Such little pieces, how do they affix?

#13466 1 year ago

It is obvious when you have them. They just hold in place with tension. It grabs the top and bottom of the playfield. Push them on and you are good to go.

Thanks man! That makes sense. I have them, they're still in a big stack of unopened mod boxes..... waiting for a game. I figure they should be installed before the 1st game is played..... just getting a sense of what all needs to be done.

#13468 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

So what Cliffy's did you buy? I don't see any Elvira HOH cliffy's for sale on the cliffy website?

They are on this page:

https://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

Six piece set.

#13485 1 year ago
Quoted from Roberto_tron:

Still nothing up north for the Canadians. I still have not heard anything from P1. Has anyone had any luck with Nitro?

Not in Canada, but I haven't heard anything either..... the 2nd half of the shipment from Stern doesn't appear to have arrived anywhere yet.

I've been assured repeatedly they WILL be in before TPF.

#13486 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

If anyone is interested in a NIB game & topper, hit me up.

Are you dropping out? We're almost to the finish line VQ!!!

#13501 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Same, I was told it could go into next week.

I'm curious what happened with this production run?
It was set for one week of production, and the 1st two days of units arrived at distros and went out to customers (1st half of slated production).

The second half hasn't shown up at distros, and the production at Stern bleed into the following week along with some GZ's being made.
The people who received units from the 1st half of production seem to have reported issues with the game. I wonder if that's why it's taking Stern longer to deliver the second half.

We don't seem to know if the second half have shipped from Stern, but it looks like this week with arrival at distros next week.
Why did it take so long? Parts? Rework? Both? Two weeks late isn't a good thing, but I hope they fixed whatever problems they ran into after a couple days of making it. I guess Stern forgot how to build this game, not surprising since they haven't done it in two years, and they hate assembling it. I sure was hoping for some adjustment improvements learned from the last time they made EHOH...... they must have tossed out those notes.

#13507 1 year ago
Quoted from drewthegator:

I just talked to my distributor- she said they are owed 25 more games and it should be about two weeks- the saga of getting this game will just not end!

That's so interesting..... that almost suggests Stern didn't build them all yet.

What is going on over there? They are in the middle of Foo production, it's not like they're going to stop that.

#13549 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

So what's the deal with EHOH, is it on the line again this week or no? I was told no but I didn't see anything from Stern stating otherwise.

On the line (still)...... Stern totally forgot how to build these.

No way they run this again. Two and a half weeks production time for one week's worth of machines? Ouch.

#13555 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I have this on my wishlist alert and have been getting bombarded with notifications lately. What gives? Why so many listed for sale?

Because demand is about to be totally satisfied, and with that prices are falling. People getting out since it doesn't have elevated value anymore. No need to hold onto it if it's going to be readily available.

#13576 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:Whatever you do, do not get the CLIP set from MezelMods. Trust me.

Why do you say that? They look sweet.

#13578 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I installed a set and am slowly removing them. They change the color of the artwork.

Not sure I understand..... the red interacts with the lighting? Or something else?

I have a set and just waiting for a game. The pictures look really cool, a Tron-like effect. I figure pinstadiums would really make them pop. So many things protected too......

They aren't good?

#13585 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

The color of the CLIP protectors (red) overpowers the artwork. It turns it red/darkens it. Use clear protectors or the kind that has the middles cut out so only the edge shows. (I forgot what they're called. Don't even know if they're available.)
In the pics below you can see how the red protectors overpower the purple in the artwork.
Of course, this is just my personal opinion after having installed them almost four years ago. I liked them at first, but have come to despise them. The fluorescent edges look great. It just the way it changes the artwork that doesn't.

OOoooooohhhhhhh, I see....... thank you for showing that.

Hmmmmm, I wonder if overhead lighting solves that? (since light wouldn't be coming up from underneath)
I'm really looking forward to trying my set. I didn't realize the whole thing was red.

I was looking for your install video and couldn't find it. Was hoping to watch that stream you did..... 20 some pieces, I'm guessing you figured out where they all go

#13622 1 year ago

We're headed into week four of EHOH production with only one half of a weeks production shipped (or did they wrap on Friday?)

What is going on over at Stern?

#13624 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Did you happen to see this? Maybe shoot Zach a message to see what's, what?
[quoted image]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!

Good one!!!!

Ya got me!!!

#13626 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

LOL!
I really do wish I could have kept EHOH, I really did enjoy it the few times I played it. Sadly I needed the cash for GF, wish I could have sold Rush instead but that still would not have put me where I wanted to be cash wise.
For me I was only waiting around 6 months for the game so it was slightly easier to part with than people who have been waiting for years. Lucky for me though, my one friend has a LE and my other buddy is getting a Premium so at least I can get myself a fix when I need it.

I was wondering why you dropped out....... GF is really pretty. I hope it's a good game for ya.

If Stern ever ships this one (I hope they take their time and build it right ) then I'll be holding out for Elvira4

#13687 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Yeah I was just thinking the same thing. What the hell is going on at the Stern factory? Do they have all new employees assembling these games and they dont know what they are doing???

It's real simple: Stern forgot how to build these machines AND they hate building them.

They made the game for two days, shipped those games and they're full of problems.
Now they have taken two weeks to do the other three days worth of games..... and we don't know if they finished yet or not.
Very obvious they are having all kinds of trouble. They didn't build extra units, they were only making one week's worth of games (and we know this because dealers haven't received their second half of allotments).

If factory Friday rolls around and it's still EHOH.... then they'll have burned three weeks on three days production of games!!!
You see, they'll never run this game again. Look how expensive this one week has turned out to be. They're probably cursing that they even tried it again.

I'm super happy to be in those last three days of production. Probably will be the best built EHOH's Stern will ever make...... certainly will be the most time spent in assembly on an individual pinball machine that Stern has ever done..... all that rework (take that SLE's!!! EHOH beats you all). Hope their people get trained really well, Stern may as well get something good out of the situation.

Here's hoping that triple or quadruple the assembly time produces something of great quality...... but it's Stern.

#13739 1 year ago

2 weeks since this was expected into my dealer, getting way too anxious, doesn't help with how slow Stern is going with getting these out. Hope this is the week.

Relax, the delay is a good thing

They will ship by TPF.

#13743 1 year ago

It's crazy that a 1 week run has turned into 3.
Stern must hate this machine with how slow it is to assemble.

Those that bought this time will be very happy when the game is discontinued with no further runs.

This is the kiss goodnight before they turn off the lights on Elvira.

The only way they do it again is if they have another 500 presold, and at a higher price than it is now (no way this is happening).

#13763 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

Anyone who has a current order out for this most recent run still waiting to hear from their distributor about there second shipment??

Yup, second half of shipment hasn't arrived yet with my distro either (none of them have received them yet).

We don't know if they are done, or finishing this week. If factory Friday tomorrow isn't EHOH, then we'll know this week was the shipping to distros. In that case, they'll ship to us next week.

The distros were set to receive them before TPF, so that would line up just right.

#13813 1 year ago
Quoted from John-from-PA:

Hi, game arrived today, but during first play I received the cellar lockup malfunction error. I can see the ball when the cellar ramp raises, it looks stuck to the left side of center, the coil fires, but the ball isn't making it's way anywhere. Am I need to disassemble the house in the first hours of ownership? Any help greatly appreciated (I did my best to search before asking).

What is the date of manufacture? (just curious)

#13886 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

Is there anyone who hasn't had any issues out of box with this current run?
Kind of troubling about all the issues I'm seeing.

Seems like most are fine, it's just a higher percentage of trouble than usual. That house intimidates the workers

I really thought the back half of the week's run would be built better after taking three times as much production time to assemble..... but it's Stern.
Are we down to the last day of production yet to arrive at distros now? It seems like everything thru Thursday has shipped and arrived.... leaving only the Friday EHOH's. Curious what the production date on them ends up being.

Com'on final invoice. I'm wait'in on you.....

#13901 1 year ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

I just received an update from my distro. They are planning to resume production of Elvira at the end of this week. Fingers crossed that they make it through production and produce one for everyone (myself included) who has one on order.

Thanks for the heads up!!

I guess that means the excess that was planned to be sold at TFP isn't happening after all.
Wow. Not even one weeks worth of production on this game. Ouch.

Hope I get mine too. It's looking a little iffy.

#13949 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Nothing bloody or scary really. Just cleavage and some "back door" jokes that will go over kids heads. I'm not concerned about it, but I have seen some who are.

It really needs an adult mode like Scared Stiff had. I wonder if that was ever in the cards?

#13966 1 year ago

How many are still waiting for their final invoice to arrive?

Amazing that one month ago today they ran into problems and slowed down/stopped.

#13968 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

I am….was told that they are supposed to be restarting this week.

So assuming finished this week, shipping next week, arrive at distros the following week.

Got it.

Right on!

#13971 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

How’s everyone’s playfields holding up near vuk eject area? Mine is a crater fest. I’m sure they all look like that just sucks to see a new game take such a beating

Curious about this too.

#14004 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Shipping alerts:
I realize this latest run of EHOH went from one week to three, thanks to an interruption. I also know that the interruption has meant that many distros are only now getting the remaining portions or their allocations.
My question is, who among you is *still* waiting to hear? Who bought from a distro that is yet to contact you with a shipping alert? I'm being told by people who have a better understanding of this than I have that plenty of people are waiting for their games to ship because distros are still waiting for games from Stern. Is this possible? Foo Fighters has been on the line for more than a week, yes? I didn't think Stern stores finished pins. Once they're made and boxed, they go right onto trucks. Don't I have that right?

We're gonna be waiting even longer......

#14045 1 year ago

Where are these machines coming from? It just took that long to arrive from two/three/four weeks ago?

Production is paused: wasn't on the line this week, unclear about the previous week, and not getting made again for an unknown time before this run is finished. Some say there's a parts problem, that may or may not be correct.... we only know it was stopped and nothing is happening right now.

Foo pro on the line, next they need to chew thru the LE's and 1st prems. There goes a month at least.

#14050 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

I’ve heard they will be making more next week. I don’t think making FF precludes them from also doing some Eliviras. Although, I’m guess I get my FF LE before Elvira at this point.

I also heard that was possible for next week (or the week after)...... but they also had planned to polish them off last week and/or this week (intending to be done before Foo started in earnest) and that didn't happen. Really they intended to be done with this game a month ago. Nothing has gone according to plan. They lost all the intended production time slated for GZ: canceled "the big push".

TPF was their line in the sand, hopefully they don't lose interest now if it's going to complicate the production schedule.

Doesn't happen next week or the week after and I bet we're pushed to the summer, fall or EOY last call.

#14057 1 year ago

Can someone at TPF ask Stern what the deal is with the rest of the games?

Maybe they'll say.

#14062 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:

Some dealers have it advertised now. Why are some of you just waiting?

Non-refundable deposit, that's why.

When you have a deposit sitting at a dealer for over a year..... you're stuck. I really like my dealer, so I'm happy to give him business too.

#14064 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:

The non refundable deposit is one thing alright..... but if you do bale out of it - I doubt he'll have trouble selling it at some point.

Seems like more and more are locking deposits though..... and I think it'll be the norm as time goes on.
It's free money for them if you bail. Like you said: these things sell.

Not that you're in good shape with refundable deposits either: I have $1000 at a large very well known dealer and have been asking for my money back for a month and a half with no response.

#14150 1 year ago

Got the call today...... dealer receiving their shipment Monday or Tuesday.

Final invoice incoming. I can't believe it, finally happening!!!

#14161 1 year ago

Hmm. A distributor in New Mexico is getting the last of its allocation next week? That's slightly encouraging for me, as I still haven't had an alert from my distro regarding my game. I watch all these other buyers get their games on this thread and worry that my little distro will miss out and thus *I* will miss out. I guess I have to give it one more week. Oof!

There are no distros or dealers in New Mexico.... HA!!!

All the dealers are in places with people with money. LOL!!! I can't imagine how nice it must be to just roll up to a store and load a pinball machine. Of course then we'd need to figure out how to not pay tax and still have the benefit of no shipping cost
Imagine that.

#14183 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I'm shocked that people are having some many issues with this game straight out of the box, did Stern forget how to build these or what?

You need to ask Zack and Kaneda..... They'll know!!!

#14197 1 year ago

Played the heck out of this game at PHOF today..... what an awesome game!!!

Had such a great time, can't wait to try a non-beatdown version (mine).

What a perfectly fun game. Lyman rocks. We really should have kidnaped him, frozen him, and thawed him out whenever another game needed to be coded...... and then, BACK TO THE FREEZER!!!
RIP Lyman.

#14264 1 year ago
Quoted from Completist:

Be careful not to over tighten this bolt. Ask me how i know (the reason mine looks diff than yours). I bought the correct hardware since but never bothered to swap it out. [quoted image][quoted image]

So sliding the screw in that area adjusts the crypt gap?

Really? It's that simple?

#14284 1 year ago

Got my final invoice today!!

#14330 1 year ago

To anyone still waiting for his/her pin from this last run:
One Pinsider reported in the What's-on-the-line-at-Stern thread that Elvira was interrupted - again! - to put Foo LE's on the line but will go back on the line when Foo LE's are done to - finally! - finish. If this is true, there could be Elviras yet to be made. Indeed it seems likely as making 1000 Foo LE's would take Stern, what, two weeks? Could Elviras actually be on the line in late April after all? Nah.

I believe they are done: All machines from this run are complete. Could still be some in transit to dealers, but they've all been made.

Mine arrived at the dealer on Tuesday, and mine was one of the very last.

#14350 1 year ago

That’s discouraging. I still haven’t got my shipping alert from my dealer.

Your dealer knows their allocation - and it looks like Stern didn't shortchange anyone this time. If they haven't received their 2nd half yet, then its any day now.

#14417 1 year ago

Mine arrives Friday!!

Two years of waiting about to come to an end!!

#14420 1 year ago
Quoted from Stratman:

I have a complete set of the Medisynal Mods still in the shipping box - dog house, coffin, gargoyle head, and grass pieces, as well as the pop caps that are hard to find. The pop caps were only made for awhile and then the set no longer included them I understand. My game came with the mods on so I don’t need this extra set. I won’t give them away and I don’t know what the value truly is but I’ll take offers if someone would like to add these pieces to their new Elvira. PM me if interested.

The boob bumpers are the best mod ever created.

#14431 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

Yep you nailed it. Right outlane switch was funky although strange because it had seemed fine in switch test. Also I was assuming ball save didn't activate until it hit trough. Thanks!

So if a switch is weirded out...... what do you do to fix it? Just curious.

#14449 1 year ago

Mine just arrived!! Wooohoooo!!!!

You wax it before 1st play right?

#14455 1 year ago

Mine is a March 24th......

This game is awesome. Even the wife likes it.

#14456 1 year ago

Yea I only had mine a few weeks and already theres a dent and chunk of wood broken off in my shooter lane

What did you lower it to?

Put mine at 150.... how much power does it really need (sheesh, Stern having it at max by default..... why?)

#14478 1 year ago

How far should the VUK shoot that ball? Land midway on the PF? The darn thing shoots clear across the whole game, I couldn't tell if it even touched the PF before slamming into the trunk targets. Wow.

Flippers seem super powerful too...... no need to sell the house, the darn wrecking ball will knock it down

#14487 1 year ago

Mine was working perfect....

After turning down the flipper power, auto plunger power and vuk power....... now it's ejecting two balls into the trough instead of one?!?! What's this about?

#14490 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Maybe check the trough switches in switch test? Or maybe turn the trough eject power up slightly since your variable is that you turned it down? Not sure but that sounds annoying.

Hmmm, that didn't do anything.

Weird. It was fine last night. At the start of a ball, it does one ball and then bang right away puts another ball.... one, two.
I shoot the balls then let them drain, on the ball save it puts one ball into the trough and auto launches it (although twice I watched it put two balls into the trough during ball save - twice out of six times). Not sure how it would be smart enough to do one ball on ball save and not smart enough to do one ball for the start of a ball.

#14498 1 year ago

SPIKE2 games have a test called "CLR" in the diagnostics menu. It basically lets you check the trough optos. In this test mode you see the balls in your trough represented in a graphic on the display. You press the start button to eject ball into the shooter lane and you see on the display how the row of balls in the trough suddenly has one less ball. The ball is then autoplunged onto the playfield, drains, and returns to the trough, showing all six balls again, etc.
If you haven't done it already, you should also do a simple switch test of the shooter lane switch in the Switch Test part of diagnostics. Apart from the lane switch and the optos, I can't think of anything that would fool the game into thinking the ball hadn't settled in front of the shooter. Turning the ball eject power down too much will only result in the ball failing to eject and settle in the lane. It will fall back down and be re-ejected repeatedly until you force quit the game or simply open the coin door. Turning it up too high will pulverize the lane but at least it will ensure that the ball is ejected. I always set my ball eject power - on games that have such an adjustment - to a the minimum power required plus about, oh, ten percent.

Thanks! I'll try this

#14570 1 year ago

SPIKE2 games have a test called "CLR" in the diagnostics menu. It basically lets you check the trough optos. In this test mode you see the balls in your trough represented in a graphic on the display. You press the start button to eject ball into the shooter lane and you see on the display how the row of balls in the trough suddenly has one less ball. The ball is then autoplunged onto the playfield, drains, and returns to the trough, showing all six balls again, etc.
If you haven't done it already, you should also do a simple switch test of the shooter lane switch in the Switch Test part of diagnostics. Apart from the lane switch and the optos, I can't think of anything that would fool the game into thinking the ball hadn't settled in front of the shooter. Turning the ball eject power down too much will only result in the ball failing to eject and settle in the lane. It will fall back down and be re-ejected repeatedly until you force quit the game or simply open the coin door. Turning it up too high will pulverize the lane but at least it will ensure that the ball is ejected. I always set my ball eject power - on games that have such an adjustment - to a the minimum power required plus about, oh, ten percent.

I tried it
CLR menu, balls all in there..... hit start... nothing. Hmmm, hit action button *bang*... oh cool. Sure enough, it works.... hit the action button and only one ball into the shooter lane..... hit it again, only one ball into the shooter lane.... I do it five times, only one ball each time. Great!! I hit it a sixth time and the action button breaks and stays depressed. WTF!!! I wasn't even mashing it!!! I can't get the button back up..... So now the game starts automatically when I close the door, and wouldn't you know it.... game starts and two freaking balls going into the shooter lane, one and then another. WTF..... and now with a broken action button to boot. Loops over and over starting it's own games, launching two balls for every normal ball and then one ball for the ball saves.
1st time to use that action button, six taps and crapola.

Why would it do two balls for ball one, two or three but only do one ball for the CLR test or ball save???
I hope it's not difficult to switch out the action button, unless there's a way to suck it out of the down position? I guess the spring broke?
Time to email the distro for support. I only have like 12 games on it, sheesh.

#14583 1 year ago

Code update:

V1.06.0 - April 20, 2023
=====================

- System changes
- Updated to System V3.36
- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.5.0
- Conagent 1.0.9
- Update selectable upper bound for Grand Champion, and HSTD 1-4 Awards. GC may be set up
to 5, HSTD #1 to 4, HSTD #2 to 3, HSTD #3 to 2, and HSTD #4 to 1. The default value for these has
not changed, just the ability to select a higher value.
- Adjust timing to address phantom broken trough sw tech alerts.
- Added game version number to lower left of attract mode Insider Connected screens.
- Updated Service Menu landing screen to graphics.
- Added Connectivity Icon (Ethernet or WiFi Signal Bars) to attract mode
Insider Connected screens. The Icon will be displayed in the upper
right corner with the number of credits/free play.
- Blink selected icon in Service Menu Dot Matrix menus
- Updated "Target Game Time" to guarantee the entire time for a single ball game.

#14599 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

With no lead programmer, EHOH is missing THE key stakeholder who would care that things like this got fixed. I know I'm certainly not looking for new features, but just fix the few things that need it.
Rob

Yeah, no programmer is going to touch this even if they wanted to.
You see the same thing with Cactus Canyon remake: It's been over a year since Lyman passed and not a hint of that code either.

The other pin programmers are rightfully intimidated by Lyman, even now. No one can compete.

There is one question I have though that I haven't seen answered: The pinball program (O/S), is it standardized? Or is a lot of it written and customized by whatever mad scientist is at the helm? Maybe no one really understands what Lyman was doing once they dig deeper into his code.

#14622 1 year ago

With the help of my distro, figured out my machines problems: fixed the action button (got stuck down), and the two balls in the shooter lane was a blown trough opto board (registering balls that weren't there).

Now I'll get to see what waiting on Stern for a part is like.

Can't say enough good things about my distro and the time he gave to help me on the phone and by email (shoutout to FUN! in Texas - thank you Craig).

I hope that's all that's was wrong with it, but after a board trashing out after 12 games... who knows!! It's not like I've gotten all the gears and motors to run yet. I did see the ball get stuck trying to drop into the trunk from the ramp..... but that was with balls flying everywhere (the only time I've seen the trunk open).... so another thing to troubleshoot later, unless it was a fluke.

Well, now I have time to install the pile of mods from the last two years.

#14626 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Two balls in the shooter lane doesn’t necessarily mean a bad board, it’s a pretty common issue that can usually be solved by unplugging and reseating the trough connectors. Sometimes vibration from the eject can cause the connectors to come loose. It’s been pretty rare for a trough board to be bad.

Yeah, I don't know... the 1st thing they had me check was those connections. They were firmly seated, and I pushed and wiggled them.
I'll try unplugging them and see

I was interesting to take the balls out, and have it show three red leds lit on the trough board. In the test screen it was showing a ball in the fifth and first ball positions all the times (with no balls). Didn't make sense to me that the screen and the led's didn't really match up.

Nice to learn though. Figuring out what to look for.

1 month later
#15083 11 months ago

Still waiting on a new trough board to make mine work..... but I had another problem which should be extremely simple:

The action button gets stuck like crazy. If I take the apron off..... *poof*.... it pops back out. Put the apron on, hit the button, and *bang* stuck in the down position again.

Doesn't seem like there's much to the mech, ultra simple.... but I don't understand what it's getting hung on. When the apron is removed, you can hit it as much as you want, no problem. lock it down and it gets stuck. Weird.

I'm guessing this is a normal and regular thing with a simple fix.

#15085 11 months ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Mine got stuck a few times. I just have to ensure when I put the lockbar back on, I put it down on the left side first and keep an eye on the button making contact with the switch. Then let the right side go on. If I do it that way it's fine, if I place it down evenly, one press and it jams.

Hey thanks!

I'll try that.

#15104 10 months ago

Is there an average amount of time to get warranty parts from Stern?

Coming up on two months since getting the game.... it's the most beautiful paperweight I've ever had.

1 week later
#15173 10 months ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Buyer backed out shoot me a PM if you are interested in a very cool and very limited Elvira Gulp
[quoted image]

PM'ed ya.

3 weeks later
#15300 9 months ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Hey thanks!
I'll try that.

I thought I had it fixed.... took the glass out..... reset the lockdown at an angle (like you said) and it worked great!!!

After a couple game I put the glass back in..... button stuck.
Tried reseating from every angle..... button stuck. Noticed the button itself kind reorients itself once the lockdown bar is tight (doesn't stay straight). Not sure what would be putting pressure on it to knock the button off-axis. Only think I see is that contact thing, but that's so flimsy it couldn't do it right?
Is there a way to adjust this? I know the glass is super tight in the cab.....

Thanks!

This game is so darn incredible.

#15301 9 months ago
Quoted from ripit:

Gulf coast pinball is taking deposits on the Elvira toppers. Price is 995.00

Noticed that too..... and JP toppers, and AIQ toppers too. They didn't do the Maiden topper run did they? I remember Zack taking deposits on them months ago.

If they'd do another run of Star Wars toppers..... sure would be nice if all the "current" games got another topper run.
With Stern releasing all the "exclusive" parts from Bond 60th to everyone, maybe they are heading in the direction of making all the parts for everything available to everyone. No more limited numbers. Easy way to make fast, easy and high margin cash.

I know I'm thinking about grabbing a JP and AIQ topper while I can. Someday I'll have those machines.

#15305 9 months ago
Quoted from Mageek:

It sounds to me that the end of the leaf switch is binding on the side of the button when it is depressed. Bend the leaf down such that the end of it doesn’t point upwards.

Thanks!!! I'll try this

Much appreciated! Still learning this mechanical stuff..... it's fun, but so new (to me).

1 week later
#15332 9 months ago
Quoted from Mageek:

It sounds to me that the end of the leaf switch is binding on the side of the button when it is depressed. Bend the leaf down such that the end of it doesn’t point upwards.

Wanted to say thanks!!! You were right!!

Worked on it yesterday, and now no more sticking button

Replaced the trough boards and now my machine works completely

Such an amazing game...... so much mechanical stuff going on - it's a dream game (and dream theme).
Time to put in all the accessories, mods and glow titans.

Com'on Stern..... Elvira 4!!!! This one sold really well for you, one more spin around the block before she's too old to airbrush.

2 weeks later
#15441 8 months ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's also Lyman's last game. I don't think he really finished it the way he wanted and just ran out of time on the project.
Gappa Angry is one of the best wizard modes out there!
Rob

Makes you wonder what all is missing..... we'll never know.

Masterpiece as it is.

#15454 8 months ago

Kinda blown away that EHOH is surviving this year while most of the older titles are rumored to be getting the axe by year's end.

I wonder what changed their mind? They even went back to making more armor and toppers. They did the full license renewal?

On one hand that's great, on the other hand I was hoping it'd go away so we could get Elvira4 before she's too old, too retired, (or dead) to do it. Probably never happen anyway, but us Elvira fans can always hope for one more last hurrah. This one sold really well, do it again Stern...... I'd buy it.

3 weeks later
#15615 7 months ago

We need Elvira4, before there's no Elvira left to do it.

What would an Elwin Elvira be like?

I'd love to find out.

#15624 7 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Since you asked what it would be like...[quoted image]

Oh man..... sorry I asked

Put a bag over "her" head and call it a day.

#15639 7 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The long awaited update to the 1.06 Swinging Titty Code is now available! Just message for the link.
Preview here (ignore that Elvira code is running on Jurassic Park Pro):
https://photos.app.goo.gl/FYqUb44dTVuzxhBR6
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-custom-code/page/2

Oh helllllll yeeaaahhhhhh!!!!!

Awesome

1 month later
#16095 6 months ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

I don't think it will alienate NIB people but it will drive them away from the LE's. I'm not even taking into account an "investment" angle but why pay a premium for an LE when it's not going to be "limited" in the future.
I do see the potential for driving prices up. If people stop buying LE's, they may simply cut production which will lead to insane prices (See JJP POtC).
The worst part about this is that there is already two LE/SLE versions of this game and now they're building another. Maybe Stern needs adjust their policy and cut LE's to 500 and have an expectation of another 500 LE type machines in the future that may be the same or may be different.

In the art world, you buy a "limited edition" print of whatever edition...... 100, 300, 500, whatever units.
The artist sells them all, and then a year later comes out with another edition. This one is a different size, or is retouched, or a different printing process or whatever gimmick. This is also a "limited edition". Sell them all, wait a year, do it again. You keep doing this.... forever. They never stop.
There's no such thing as a true "limited edition": You only have a certain set of production for an edition..... not the end of all editions exclusive single run.
Disney-Boy understands this...... what merch from Disney is limited? Oh, tons of it is marked limited but how long until you see the exact same thing again? All those people who bought "limited" animation cells.... HAHAHAAHAH.....
Welcome to Disney-Pinball

#16113 5 months ago

If you want to be talked off the ledge..... all you need to do is wait until Dec...... the new cornerstone will be out, and even more LE's for old games are on the way.

Every time I'm tempted, just have to wait a month and everything is different. Best rule of thumb is: If it isn't perfect, if it isn't an absolute dream come true = don't buy it.

#16122 5 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I'm back in for a Red Kiss but now I'm scared because I saw this.... Has anyone confirmed with Zach if this is true?
[quoted image]

The mistake you made was not confirming with Zac before getting scared.....

#16127 5 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:Yes but some classics never die!

I told you that leaving the family and coming back to the house was the thing to do......

#16132 5 months ago

I hope they add a slew of achievements in the new code.

#16144 5 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Me too! 69 is I think the lowest of all the other games and for what? So they can say 69? D U M B

Real simple fix..... take a one and replace it with an "I"......... I69

Perfection..... and we get 100 extra things to do.

#16177 5 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Was anything official ever said about Eegah? I’m not holding my breath. Wasp Woman is also not in the game. Or Don’t go in the Basement

DLC!!!

#16272 5 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Does anyone know if the red kiss version comes with a shaker or the Stern Version of "VooDoo Glass"?
Thx

You better confirm with Zac and Kaneda........

#16311 5 months ago

I wonder how many EHOH's have been sold..... it has to be one of Stern's biggest successes since release.

Makes me hope for a 4th Elvira..... but that's extremely unlikely - and Stern doesn't have Nordman or Lyman anymore.
Maybe it's best to end on such a high note. To think they didn't want to be bothered to make more during Covid (insane).
My favorite pin by far.

#16337 5 months ago

So what's up with the music either not playing or being really low (sometimes) for modes in 1.07?
About three new call outs that I've noticed, and events are slower to register (WWMB for instance).... seems like a good five seconds to show on screen as things are stacking. Have also noticed no sound (sometimes) when making shots in modes (NOTLD for instance).
I hope 1.08 is coming soon and has a lot of polish put into it.

1 week later
#16503 5 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Ok. Cool!
I don't own the game yet so I am just trying to figure some of what has been added here.
Thanks

If you had stayed in the house instead of running off to be with the family, you'd be jamming!!!
Since you aren't back at the house yet...... I'll need to confirm with Zac and Kaneda if anyone is allowed to leave the family.
Old Jack has been pulling guns on people trying to get away. His sales are in the toilet, and everyone is knocking on the door trying to get into the house (best game Stern has ever made).

#16505 5 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

If it's the best game Stern has ever made, then I'm glad I bought the best version of it (IMO).

It's the best version until........

THE DISNEY-BOY SUPER ULTRA LUX TAKE MY MONEY PINNACLE DRESS-FABRIC-SWATCH CASSANDRA RETIREMENT THIS IS THE LAST TIME limited edition!!!!

#16592 5 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

THE UNBOXING: Elvira's Blood Red Kiss Special Edition Pinball Machine
IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP + FREE SHIPPING!
flipnoutpinball.com
email: [email protected]
text: 812.457.9711

Zac is in the running for the "Most sexualized pinball ad" TWIPY (Spinal Tap being the other one).
It's gonna be close.....
Bring home the gold Zac!!!

1 month later
#17186 4 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

This is my first Stern LE and I'm not impressed with the Kenwood speakers to be honest. I would also have to look again but I thought my sub was made by Kenwood as well. It's not that they sound bad but I honestly didn't notice anything different over the stock ones I have in other games. Maybe if they were in say FF, they would make a bigger difference.

That's because speakers can't do jack without power behind them.

Reminds me of the "power" that car decks put out in the 90's......advertising 30w x 4!!!! Nonsense. RMS was something like 3.5w x 4. Absolute garbage.
There was a reason you'd throw down $300-$500 for an amp and it dwarfed the deck itself (and much heavier) for the same wattage.
I never understood why they put larger, more power hungry speakers in the LE at the factory..... it won't make it sound better, it'll make it sound worse (bigger speakers, same power from the mobo - how does that make sense?). Same with swapping for pinsound speakers.... without power to drive it, what are you doing? Beyond the cheapness, there's a reason Stern uses speakers with tiny magnets.

I don't know why the manufacturers don't have an amp plate and wiring harness in the machines so you could put a real amp in the machines. Just plop it in, you choose the brand. Very easy. Only need a real 45w x2 plus 100w RMS amp @ 4ohms and the machine will sing. At that power, at that distance, whatever speaker you choose won't matter.

IC amplification is and always will be junk. That being said, pinwoofer is miles ahead of Stern for quality.... but export the sound to an actual hi-fi system or a real amp and you'll see Pinwoof is cheap too. I'm sure some people notice the amount of clipping which occurs on pinball sound hardware.... I do.

#17204 4 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I would not change to 4 ohm, if you do it makes the game sound very muffled.

It's actually pretty cool that the base speakers are 8 ohm (like home hi-fi speakers).
The higher the ohm, the more control over the speaker you get, but you lose half the watts.

I remember people having 1 ohm, or even half ohm loads on their car subs back in the day....... thousands of watts, but each one sounding like crap (no control). They'd shake and shake, moving air and sounding like a disaster.
Loud doesn't mean good.

4 ohm is good, but anything above it is a lot better. There used to be 6 ohm home speakers, a trade-off of power vs control.

#17222 4 months ago

My right crypt gargoyle decided to really fly while trying for Santa today......

Best to request a replacement rod with the gargoyle on it? Or success gluing it?
As hard as these hit the glass and then smack back down on their feet, I shouldn't be surprised this happens.

#17229 4 months ago
Quoted from qbass187:

I used Epoxy. I mixed up a small amount, used a toothpick to apply it into the gargoyle and then pressed the metal rod back on. I used some painters tape to wrap around it lengthwise to keep the pressure intact until the epoxy cured.
Haven’t had a single issue since.

The rods just lift straight out for removal and then just get slid back in? So you could pop a replacement in without taking anything apart?
I'm wondering if buying a spare set for the future is a good idea.... one takes a dive, you toss in a new rod..... then glue the other one and put it in the rotation.
What epoxy did you use? I see a while back someone tried gorilla glue and it didn't last long.
Thanks!

#17236 4 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Easy to remove, just a small bolt. I think they are $55 each, if I remember right. The upper left was the one that hit the glass most, and fell off, so I put a piece of tubing on it so it doesn't jump so high. Other 3 I left alone.

Hey thanks!
Nothing in the manual about the gargoyle assembly, I'll look for that bolt..... or maybe try and epoxy in place while holding it elevated with tape (Thanks for the tip qbass). JBweld looks promising maybe...... gap fill the hole and stick the rod in there. Worth a try

1 month later
#17652 87 days ago
Quoted from ScottAM2000:

House Diverter ball stuck fix from stern tech support. Not sure if this is covered somewhere already. Took about 3 weeks but stern support started emailing and they are really responsive once you get their attention. I tried calling and sat on hold with not answer for 45 minutes. So anyway here’s the suggested fix in images below that doesn’t require house removal. [quoted image][quoted image]

Ahhhhhh, thanks!!!

I didn't realize mine was jacked..... it never allowed for going thru the orbit on plunge and once in a while would get stuck behind the house just past the bumpers. I was always plunging for the pop bumpers and didn't know there was a problem.
Gotta try this.

Now to figure out how to adjust the crate to the left....it's to far to the right and balls get stuck on the lid and won't enter. Maybe one in 30 balls will guide just a little to the right and they fall right in. Rest of the time have to wait for the crate to close and allow the ball down the rest of the ramp.

Learning!!!

#17653 87 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Mine have been bumping the glass for about a year now no problems. I like it, it reminds me of the ball hitting the glass off the left ramp of whitewater

I had one break off a couple weeks ago..... trying JB weld today and see if it'll work forever or not. Says it's the strongest, we'll see.

#17709 82 days ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

I had the screw that holds the door to the actuating armature back out on mine and cause this.

Which screw is this? There's so many on the trunk.

Mine isn't opening enough to let the ball in..... maybe a fifth of the ball is in, the rest out. It gets stuck and then have to wait for the game to close the lid and kick the ball back onto the ramp.

Thanks!

#17710 82 days ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

I had one break off a couple weeks ago..... trying JB weld today and see if it'll work forever or not. Says it's the strongest, we'll see.

If it helps anyone.... I can report that JB weld works amazing to fix a broken gargoyle. It's the plastic to metal version which is tan in color.
Been smacking that leaper into the glass all week (hard)...... no problem at all.

1 month later
#17997 22 days ago

My Gargoyle snapped off again... darn.

That right crypt 'goil hits the glass so darn hard. Really hoped the epoxy would have fixed it forever.

#17999 22 days ago
Quoted from PinFascination:

The New Blood Red Kiss EHOH is my current favorite! I was very happy when I was able to get in on this beauty of a game after being obsessed with the original. Just wanted to advise new pinball enthusiast like myself who have the pleasure of acquiring such a machine and who have been fortunate enough to be part of this group not to forget to rate the game. I can’t express how much I love this game and this forum which has been more than helpful and exciting to officially be a part of!! Hope to post high scores soon and always up for hints or tricks! GameOn!!!

Hopefully we get Elvira 4 before she croaks off..... or a SSr from CGC.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

14,000 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinstalker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=pinstalker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.