pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (6 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (6 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (6 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toasterman04.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 6 years ago

Man this game is high quality!!!!! I'm loving it as well

#26 6 years ago

IMG_8638 (resized).JPGIMG_8638 (resized).JPG

IMG_8653 (resized).JPGIMG_8653 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#125 6 years ago

Sorry guys are you saying cliffys won't fit on the remake? I have been waiting three weeks for cliffy to send me protection for this game.... for the saucer hole, SOL scoop and the drop target? Should I get a refund from cliffy? Does CGC sell protectors?

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Cliffys are great and offer complete protection. They should fit well enough on this game.
The included protector is the mantis amusements style protector. It should do the job excellently also.
The mothership slot protector that cliffy offers is a great idea for long time protection as well as the other ones in the complete setup.
I think most of the enthusiasts in this group will probably get some of the cliffys too.

Ohhhh good. I thought I read earlier that the cliffys weren't fitting good. Glad to hear that's not the case. Patiently waiting for cliffys so I can put it on location.

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I'm going into this with optimism. Hoping that the AFM works nicely out of the box, so I can enjoy it for a while before I need to start reaching for tools.
So far with my MMR, I've had to repair both flippers, the castle multi ball door has completely dropped off, one troll has come loose, the castle drawbridge was not working for a while, the ball guides are totally off, and I still haven't managed to get them playing the way it did when I first got it, etc, etc, etc... I get that these are all minor things, but as a first time owner, it's pretty frustrating.

I would like to pipe in to say that My service with CGC has been amazing. The machine played great right from opening it up, and i had to do a service call that i thought was an issue, but turns out it was me not knowing how to get through the menu. But they answered my warranty ticket within 24 hours of it being created, and didn't stop till I had all my answers met. I did a service request to Stern 6 day ago and still have heard nothing. I said screw it and found a fix around it.
The quality of my AFMR and the service I have received so far from CGC has me saving my money for their next remake without a doubt. just my two cents.

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Got the Cliffy's installed today on my AFMr SE.
In order to install the Cliffy SOL front/back protector, I had to remove/relocate the cow ramp, ramp protectors, posts, and a mini-saucer cap. Also, the SOL ball guide had to be removed and to do so, you've got to temporarily disconnect a couple wire harnesses (no big deal). Lastly, I had to hammer/chisel out the Mantis protector from the SOL. The Mantis protector popped right out with a couple light taps. In my opinion, the Cliffy offers just a bit more protection above the lips of the SOL. The Mantis protector only protects around the inside of the SOL. Don't get me wrong, they mylar'd the heck out of the playfield in these areas, but why not bulletproof it, right?
The 3-bank drop target Cliffy installed with no issues, as did the shooter lane, and rollovers.
The mothership Cliffy had one hole on the front right that did NOT quite line up with the metal ball guide (above the playfield) which guides the ball downward on a shot intended to destroy the saucer. The hole in the Cliffy was about 1/4" too far forward from the actual hole in the playfield. And after the 3-bank drop target was installed, I had to raise the 3-bank drop target a bit so the ball doesn't ever get stuck on the small width of the Cliffy (now above the playfield) whenever the 3-bank recesses into the playfield per regular play.
In review, I would absolutely recommend Cliffy protectors for the 3-bank and the mothership if you really want to protect those areas from abuse.
You can still follow most of the install instructions on Cliffy's site, so not much has changed there.
Be advised, you're going to need to temporarily remove ramps, martians, the mothership, plastics, posts, and there is some disconnecting of harnesses in order to access what you need to get at to install all of the pieces. It was about a 3-hour job (by myself) to install while taking a lot of pictures along the way.

yes thanks for the write up also.... my cliffys shipped and should be the weekend job. then off on route

1 month later
#540 6 years ago

No flipper delay for me either.... game condition is unreal!!!

#586 6 years ago

mine is also labeled inside the coin door.

Quoted from Pin_Guy:It should be on the MFG label located on the outside of the cabinet.

#633 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

AFMr - Drooping Drop Bank
Not a big deal, but the drooping drop bank on my new AFMr tweaks my OCD compulsion. It's leaning to the right...and it makes me crazy
The assembly has a good degree of slop allowing for this alignment issue; I can easily rock the assy left and right. There does not appear to be any stop or adjustment screws to improve this condition.
Any suggestions to address or minimize?
My OCD brain thanks you in advance.

Isn't his corrected by the two screws on the bottom bracket of the drop target? I know mine was leaning one direction and when I installed the cliffys and put everything back together and levelled those two screws for when it drops down... it was no longer crooked.

#642 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Aren't these the adjustment screws?

I would hold off on doing anything drastic trying to correct the drooping. As i said i too had the target bank drooping to one side. but once i adjusted those screws to make the bank level with the playfield after installing the cliffys.... the droop was gone. I now wish i knew what the solution was to fixing the droop.... my only thought process is once i played with the leveling screws once the target hits the bottom the traget corrected itself... i dunno try that first before you start manufacturing and altering things.

2 weeks later
#857 6 years ago

Is anybody else having issues with the ball not always kicking out of the ball lock VUK? about half the time it will take 2 -3 attempts for the ball to come out. and about once a game it gives up and the game goes into ball search mode to kick it out? just wondering if i should take it apart from the top or the bottom... both seem like a lot of work.

#859 6 years ago

ohhhhh popper... awesome.... so would the right popper be the SOL? if so that could fix my SDTM also...

#861 6 years ago

ohhhh good... that excites me.... less work always excites me!!
thanks a lot Lloyd!!!

#863 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

My Ghostbusters starting doing that, i had to teplace the VUK. Luckily it was only to screws from underneath the playfield.

why did it need to be replaced? damaged? piece broke off? warped?

#865 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Go into the CGC menu, 5th screen, make right popper or left poppr stronger.
LTG : )

This totally fixed both my issues with the SOL and the Lock VUK. its funny cause i never had problems for the first about 500 games... but then it started SDTM from the SOL more and more often and the ball was getting stuck in the lock more and more. But I did what Lloyd told me and after 5 games not one issue.... Back to perfection.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

5,400 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 79.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toasterman04.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club?tu=toasterman04 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.