pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 212.
#851 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I would open a ticket; more than likely the scoop itself was positioned poorly when the part was welded and to fix it right it should be replaced.

Ya I think you are right! I wont physically mess with it yet. Ill open a ticket and report back.

#852 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Have you got one of these in your toolkit?

That's what I used to enlarge the the holes in my GoT mounting bracket to fix the left orbit issue. Permits a nicely incremental enlargement of the mtg holes. No guessing. On GoT, the bracket metal was soft like butter, an easy task.
Caution - if you don't actually take the assy out of the cabinet, lay down some towels (or whatever) to catch the metal filings.
Good luck!

I just submitted a ticket. Ill see what they they. Id take out since its only a couple of screws.

#853 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

I just submitted a ticket. Ill see what they they. Id take out since its only a couple of screws.

And two connectors.

Your ticket came to me, I kicked it up to engineers/CGC where any parts will come from.

LTG : )

#854 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And two connectors.
Your ticket came to me, I kicked it up to engineers/CGC where any parts will come from.

Thanks, I think it did make sense to submit it just to be safe. Thanks for all your help!!

#855 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Thanks, I think it did make sense to submit it just to be safe. Thanks for all your help!!

The SOL scoop is pretty easy to remove. CGC did an awsome job of modularising the game.

Im afraid replacing the assembly wont fix it. Unless you get them to dremmel out the upper holes for you.

The screws that would affect the angle of the scoop were applied via pre-dimpled locations.
The assemblers just applied them with a screw gun as needed.

With the screws in place now there is only one option. Widen the 2 upper holes in the mech about 1/16" to the right and twist it to the left when re-installing it. Use a dremmel (faster) or sidecut with a drill bit (slower). The lower machine screw holes have enough play that they probably dont need adjusting.

No solder needed, 2 machine screws, 2 wood screws, 2 connectors.
The scoop removes in 3 mins. 2 mins to reinstall.

Take the balls out first to be safe.

#856 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

The SOL scoop is pretty easy to remove. CGC did an awsome job of modularising the game.
Im afraid replacing the assembly wont fix it. Unless you get them to dremmel out the upper holes for you.
The screws that would affect the angle of the scoop were applied via pre-dimpled locations.
The assemblers just applied them with a screw gun as needed.
With the screws in place now there is only one option. Widen the 2 upper holes in the mech about 1/16" to the right and twist it to the left when re-installing it. Use a dremmel (faster) or sidecut with a drill bit (slower). The lower machine screw holes have enough play that they probably dont need adjusting.
No solder needed, 2 machine screws, 2 wood screws, 2 connectors.
The scoop removes in 3 mins. 2 mins to reinstall.
Take the balls out first to be safe.

Yep I just got off the phone with CGC.he said if I mess anything up they will send me another one. It should take 10 minutes tops. Gonna do it Friday night and report back. Great customer service and support! I can't wait to buy all the remakes! I am buying T.N.A thou, spooky did a great job with Scott getting that to market.

#857 6 years ago

Is anybody else having issues with the ball not always kicking out of the ball lock VUK? about half the time it will take 2 -3 attempts for the ball to come out. and about once a game it gives up and the game goes into ball search mode to kick it out? just wondering if i should take it apart from the top or the bottom... both seem like a lot of work.

#858 6 years ago

Go into the CGC menu, 5th screen, make right popper or left poppr stronger.

#859 6 years ago

ohhhhh popper... awesome.... so would the right popper be the SOL? if so that could fix my SDTM also...

#860 6 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

so would the right popper be the SOL? if so that could fix my SDTM also...

Yes.

#861 6 years ago

ohhhh good... that excites me.... less work always excites me!!
thanks a lot Lloyd!!!

#862 6 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Is anybody else having issues with the ball not always kicking out of the ball lock VUK? about half the time it will take 2 -3 attempts for the ball to come out. and about once a game it gives up and the game goes into ball search mode to kick it out? just wondering if i should take it apart from the top or the bottom... both seem like a lot of work.

My Ghostbusters starting doing that, i had to teplace the VUK. Luckily it was only to screws from underneath the playfield.

#863 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

My Ghostbusters starting doing that, i had to teplace the VUK. Luckily it was only to screws from underneath the playfield.

why did it need to be replaced? damaged? piece broke off? warped?

#864 6 years ago

It got warped and I tried to Bend it back, It worked for a couple days then same issues. Just ordered a couple of switches from Pinball Life and BOOM! Problem gone.

#865 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Go into the CGC menu, 5th screen, make right popper or left poppr stronger.

This totally fixed both my issues with the SOL and the Lock VUK. its funny cause i never had problems for the first about 500 games... but then it started SDTM from the SOL more and more often and the ball was getting stuck in the lock more and more. But I did what Lloyd told me and after 5 games not one issue.... Back to perfection.

#866 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

See if the plunger is hitting the center of the ball. You can loosen the screws holding the ball launch assembly and turn it a bit to hit the ball better, if needed.

I finally got around to tracking down the issue. The metal ball guide is the issue. I think someone else had a similar issue. I'm surprised this made it through quality control.

The ball is shanking left off the ball guide and hitting the other guide in front of the pops.

IMG_2732 (resized).JPGIMG_2732 (resized).JPG

#867 6 years ago

Has anyone played around with the userlogo on their AFMr?

I took a quick stab at it:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Looks pretty good to me.

320x80, 24 bit color, bmp format, saved as "userlogo.bmp":

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#868 6 years ago

Picked up an se from cointaker at the York show....the modding has begun.

IMG_20171001_191931_472 (resized).jpgIMG_20171001_191931_472 (resized).jpg

#869 6 years ago

I think I should go buy a lottery ticket... Played one game of MM and got to BFTK (but failed) and then moved over to AFM for one game and finished RTU for the first time!

IMG_20171001_222247 (resized).jpgIMG_20171001_222247 (resized).jpg

#870 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Has anyone played around with the userlogo on their AFMr?

Yup.
2017-10-01 21.09.07 (resized).jpg2017-10-01 21.09.07 (resized).jpg

One of my best friends' brother in-law is a famous graphic designer. My friend commissioned him to make me a custom logo for my arcade as a Christmas present a while back.

#871 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I think I should go buy a lottery ticket... Played one game of MM and got to BFTK (but failed) and then moved over to AFM for one game and finished RTU for the first time!

OMG you're a monster. I got 5 billion once and felt like a king.

#872 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

OMG you're a monster. I got 5 billion once and felt like a king.

Not sure about a monster... I've seen some of the scores guys have put up on the original and it's insane!

I did have a good night where I hit BFTK and finished RTU. But I guarantee you if I played a game now, it would probably be all drains!

#873 6 years ago

I can't imaging getting a score like that (especially now that we have that flipper delay). I would be tickled to get a 4rth of that score.

#874 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I can't imaging getting a score like that (especially now that we have that flipper delay). I would be tickled to get a 4rth of that score.

Nah, you'll be posting one of these days soon with a score that will crush the one I put up

By the way, does anyone know if you can complete RTU again just by completing the objectives again? Unlike MM, all of the ships stay completed, but the other objectives reset. So would you just needs to do Super Jackpot, Martian Multiball, etc., and then do RTU again?

#875 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Set your pin up eaiser like others have and its much easier to get higher scores.

#876 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I guess Im one of the many that cant feel any delay on the flippers.
My scores are similar to any AFM I have ever played, but again Im not a top tier competitor, just a good player.

#877 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I guess Im one of the many that cant feel any delay on the flippers.
My scores are similar to any AFM I have ever played, but again Im not a top tier competitor, just a good player.

I'm not noticing any flipper delay.

#878 6 years ago

Just chiming in that there hasn't been any flipper delay on my machine or the three other LE/SEs I've played.

#879 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Me neither.

#880 6 years ago

Still waiting and getting miffed with how Chicago Coin is selling dealers extras and not filling customer orders first. Lets take care of customers pre orders before stocking peoples inventories. I was early in and still waiting WTF!

#881 6 years ago
Quoted from adii:

I finally got around to tracking down the issue. The metal ball guide is the issue. I think someone else had a similar issue. I'm surprised this made it through quality control.
The ball is shanking left off the ball guide and hitting the other guide in front of the pops.

I posted about something similar. What do you know about the situation. The photo you posted looks exactly like mine. What is it supposed to look like?

#882 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I posted about something similar. What do you know about the situation. The photo you posted looks exactly like mine. What is it supposed to look like?

Here is a pic of Monster Bash. They are the same design I believe.

04499F6B-3D68-4369-B9BC-79BBB67302ED (resized).jpeg04499F6B-3D68-4369-B9BC-79BBB67302ED (resized).jpeg

#883 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Because you should not.
The guy had to admit in the thread that he messed up the original test.
Turns out the Bally/Williams games have the exact same flipper variance that the remakes have.
Play on with confidence or fall to the placebo effect.

And on a more serious note, could somebody circle the part they think the ball may be hitting coming out of the shooter lane?
I don't notice anything wrong in the photo.

#884 6 years ago

It’s coming off the ramp and hitting that ball guide. Then it shanks to the left and hits another ball guide at the pop bumpers. It won’t get around to the pops, let alone the super skill shot.

I put a ticket in and was told to try and slide it forward. Unless I redrill the holes for the ramp that won’t work. I think they just mounted the ramp too low. The ramp and ball guide should be touching. Maybe it’s pre-drilled that way. I’ll figure something out on my own if they can’t help me. It seems like a quality control issue that should have been caught if it’s on multiple games.

It’s still a solid game out of the box. I’ve only had a few small issues. They are more of an annoyance than earth-shattering never buy NIB again issues.

4656705E-EC37-4EC1-AA59-0F09B11A9005 (resized).jpeg4656705E-EC37-4EC1-AA59-0F09B11A9005 (resized).jpeg

#885 6 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Still waiting and getting miffed with how Chicago Coin is selling dealers extras and not filling customer orders first. Lets take care of customers pre orders before stocking peoples inventories. I was early in and still waiting WTF!

They are not trying to fill dealer extras. From what I remember of the updates, they had parts for an initial run of afm, then they had a gap in production that they could fill with MMRs while they started pre assembly of the remaining afmr. They should have afmr coming off the line any day now. They have said they plan to have all of the LEs out by the end of the year.

#886 6 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Still waiting and getting miffed with how Chicago Coin is selling dealers extras and not filling customer orders first

The distributors are CGC customers as they don't sell directly to the public. Some of the larger distributors order aditional games in advance and pay for them up front; this is why some distributors have them on hand to sell while you are still waiting.

#887 6 years ago

Mods, mods, mods--anyone tried Stadium Pinball lights? The Lobster Mod by Tim? Lermods trough and back lights? Others?

#888 6 years ago

Ordered my non-matching LE on 3/27, got my final payment request today... Can't wait!

#889 6 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Mods, mods, mods--anyone tried Stadium Pinball lights? The Lobster Mod by Tim? Lermods trough and back lights? Others?

i have installed rock customs interactive under cab lighting, and his rbg back of the play field lighting, it allows you to find just the right color for your liking, both great easy mods.

#890 6 years ago

Any suggestions for illuminated flipper buttons for AFMr?

#891 6 years ago

Got the Hinges back from Powder Coat today
i think they look great!!
Thanks CGC_DougS

IMG_0274 (resized).JPGIMG_0274 (resized).JPG

IMG_0278 (resized).JPGIMG_0278 (resized).JPG

IMG_0276 (resized).JPGIMG_0276 (resized).JPG

IMG_0279 (resized).JPGIMG_0279 (resized).JPG

IMG_0280 (resized).JPGIMG_0280 (resized).JPG

#892 6 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Got the Hinges back from Powder Coat today

What color did you get? Was it a prismatic powder color?

#893 6 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

What color did you get? Was it a prismatic powder color?

See Attached

IMG_0281 (resized).PNGIMG_0281 (resized).PNG

#894 6 years ago

I was patiently waiting out the Classic but you guys were killing me with all the gameplay. SE arriving tomorrow. I just have to eat (only) ramen until Christmas to pay for the upgrade. Lol

#895 6 years ago

How difficult was it to remove the side rails? If they do it the old way, it’s held down with tape and I’m a little concerned about damaging the cabinet decals. Stern games are so much easier to remove the rail, they are screwdriver in.

#896 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

How difficult was it to remove the side rails? If they do it the old way, it’s held down with tape and I’m a little concerned about damaging the cabinet decals. Stern games are so much easier to remove the rail, they are screwdriver in.

Can someone please give advice on this if they have done it old bw rails adhesive tape made it hard to remove rails without damaging them

#897 6 years ago

I usually use fishing line and run it under the armor the length of the rail. Then, clean it up with a citrus based remover once the rails are off

#898 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I disnt remove the siderails, I actually just matched the hinges using the same Powder CGC used

#899 6 years ago

The le doesn’t come with pc on the hinges? You just get legs and rails?

#900 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The le doesn’t come with pc on the hinges? You just get legs and rails?

Just legs and rails.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.