pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9238 (resized).jpeg
mickey-mouse-1200x900 (resized).jpg
IMG_6482 (resized).jpeg
King Kong...gif
images (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 48,438 posts in this topic. You are on page 958 of 969.
#47851 35 days ago

Love some Jlaw Titties.

Quoted from pinmister:

I will say after the Gomez interview I am kinda excited again? Some good stuff coming up in the next couple years at Stern. D & D with Eddy and Dwight-watch out GOT-here comes another potential challenger for great rules and layout-has me interested. Metallica Borg-just drop the mic already-sheech I don't even need to see foggy potato photos, KONG-Elwin-are you freakin kidding me-need to call to get on list stat.
Pokemon will absolutely crush it(especially ops) and it will give me a breather in between all the goodness. JJP can try and do something but Stern is going to dominate if these rumors are all true. -Good stuff

Have to disagree here.

Not excited with ANY of these themes by Stern mentioned here.

“JJP can try and do something”. That’s funny.

Wick was a maybe.

Matrix and Harry Potter I’m in with JJP

Top Gun, Planet of the Apes, Mad Max

#47852 35 days ago

Screw that. D&D is going to be bangin.

#47853 35 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Whats D&D?

#47854 35 days ago

Dungeons dragons

#47855 35 days ago

I listened to that interview last night. I definitely didn’t get that TRON is 100 percent coming from it. I think that it’s very possible and the most likely of the older Vaults. I also think that vaulting it makes a ton of business sense for Stern if demand is slow. If I had to guess, I think that we will see it eventually but I’m definitely not as certain as he is.

#47856 35 days ago

Heck yeah. If it was done well, I’d definitely be a buyer of a Stern D&D game. The monsters, leveling up characters worth IC. It could be amazing.

#47857 35 days ago

Vault Tron=instant buy for me. I love that game, but have never been able to stomach the price they go for.

#47858 35 days ago

Count me in for D&D too - though only if it's based on the original table game. If it's a movie license, I'll nope out.

#47859 35 days ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Vault Tron=instant buy for me. I love that game, but have never been able to stomach the price they go for.

Well, LE on crack doesn't sound like it will be any lower.

#47860 35 days ago

- Coming 100%

- but also there is a risk Stern shelves this

Hyperbole in the title = clickbait

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#47861 35 days ago
Quoted from Knapp_Arcade:

Those are good estimates. The only things that I might change are swap Kong for X-Men ‘97 and maybe push Pokémon back a little, but we’re all just making educated guesses here.

I keep subconsciously trying to forget about X-MEN '97. The last Borg X-men scarred me. But yeah, that's a reasonable swap.

Gomez said Jack was "in the chute" which to me implies this year. So unless he's doing a different pin first, I think it's Pokemon late this year, maaayyybe a couple weeks into 2025 at CES.

#47862 35 days ago

Would like to know more about Spike 3.

But I worry that won’t bode well for the future availability of Spike 2 boards.

#47863 35 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

You guys are adorable

We aim to please! And dreaming is the cheapest commodity on Pinside!

#47864 35 days ago

Since the first D&D rumor last year, I have been thinking this is one that could have some really great rules. Needs to be Dwight on software. Start with your choice of fighter, magic user, cleric, thief, etc and work your way up in levels with insider connected to track progress. I would definitely be interested if done right from the original books and not any movie.

#47865 35 days ago

What if stern does a dual theme with D&D and Pokemon? Both share rpg/leveling up mechanics…could be cool!

#47866 35 days ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

What if stern does a dual theme with D&D and Pokemon? Both share rpg/leveling up mechanics…could be cool!

Throw is some Harry Potter for the trifecta!

#47867 35 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

This would destroy it and have no license issues and the greatest music ever in a game. Want this game made for several years and saw someone bldg a one off at one point in time.

IMG_6393 (resized).pngIMG_6393 (resized).png

#47868 35 days ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

This would destroy it and have no license issues and the greatest music ever in a game.

Konami is a licensing nightmare. So, yeah, it would not be a cakewalk. But...they seem to be "appreciating" their back catalog recently, so maybe...

#47869 35 days ago
Quoted from 11strings:

Count me in for D&D too - though only if it's based on the original table game. If it's a movie license, I'll nope out.

This!

#47870 35 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Would like to know more about Spike 3.

But I worry that won’t bode well for the future availability of Spike 2 boards.

An operator friend of mine who is pretty chummy with some of the distributors said that he was told Spike 3 boards will be backwards compatible with both Spike 1 and 2 boards. If that's true, no worries and a genius move on Sterns behalf.

#47871 35 days ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

An operator friend of mine who is pretty chummy with some of the distributors said that he was told Spike 3 boards will be backwards compatible with both Spike 1 and 2 boards. If that's true, no worries and a genius move on Sterns behalf.

Maybe Aimtron got the bid. J/K

#47872 35 days ago

didn’t get that TRON is 100 percent coming from it. I think that it’s very possible and the most likely of the older Vaults.

Disney franchise + cross promotion = high probability

#47873 35 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

D & D with Eddy and Dwight-watch out GOT-here comes another potential challenger for great rules and layout-has me interested.

I just hope Dwight gives it a rest on his coding style of all hurryup multipliers and pressure all the time. That's cool for Venom and Star Wars but D&D should be a much more relaxed experience.

#47874 35 days ago

Those are good estimates. The only things that I might change are swap Kong for X-Men ‘97 and maybe push Pokémon back a little, but we’re all just making educated guesses here.

Not sure where the X Men 97 came from but I think both Elwin and Gomez are hinting at Kong. Elwin has all the monsters or something like that has been said quite a few times

Love ya work!

#47875 35 days ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Not sure where the X Men 97 came from but I think both Elwin and Gomez are hinting at Kong. Elwin has all the monsters or something like that has been said quite a few times
Love ya work!

Elwin's like 3 games ahead, so both can be right and just a matter of order we see them.

#47876 35 days ago

Kong is on my list of wants I posted somewhere.

Can't wait to bitch if there are no bananas in it.

#47877 34 days ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

This would destroy it and have no license issues and the greatest music ever in a game. Want this game made for several years and saw someone bldg a one off at one point in time.
[quoted image]

Castlevania would be a great videogame series to translate to pinball.

#47878 34 days ago

I didn't watch the Gomez interview but he spilled the beans on three future titles?

#47879 34 days ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

This actually has me thinking that D&D and Pokemon could be a codename/actual game duo. Wonder which one we'll get.

#47880 34 days ago
FB_IMG_1715503782483 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1715503782483 (resized).jpg
#47881 34 days ago

I am not a fan of the pins where you choose a character and upgrade them and can save your progress. Every new game should be starting at the beginning.

#47882 34 days ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I am not a fan of the pins where you choose a character and upgrade them and can save your progress. Every new game should be starting at the beginning.

Understandable sentiment, but I have seen people pretty invested in leveling up their venom account and think this style of engagement is starting to get traction.

Specifically I've seen new players (on location) invested in trying to beat Knull which they likely wouldn't have been able to see before and more experienced players play venom longer trying to get the 3 unlockable characters.

#47883 34 days ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Apologies for not being aware, but is this even a thing in pinball? Sounded like an innovative idea to me, so maybe many just aren’t aware this idea already exists.

With modern Sterns, this could easily just be a mode in the settings that can be toggled on or off. Not sure what the differences between the modes would look like, but now we’re talking about saving your progress in pinball.

Can a sleep state please be added while we’re at it? I want to be able to come back to my 10 ball progress after dinner, ha

#47884 34 days ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

What if players had the choice between ‘free play’ and ‘story mode’? The latter being the level-up character option and the former would likely cater more to casual or tournament play.

#47885 34 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Apologies for not being aware, but is this even a thing in pinball? Sounded like an innovative idea to me, so maybe many just aren’t aware this idea already exists.
With modern Sterns, this could easily just be a mode in the settings that can be toggled on or off. Not sure what the differences between the modes would look like, but now we’re talking about saving your progress in pinball.

Currently only a few games offer any saved progress type of options. I need to double check this but I think its currently just:
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: you can start with the last achieved training level of each Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, or Michaelangelo
- Venom: your current experience level determines which monsters you can battle and which monster's you've already defeated as well as additional special characters you've unlocked like Venomized Hulk, Venomized Wolverine, and Venomized Captain America

Quoted from BlackBelt:

What if players had the choice between ‘free play’ and ‘story mode’? The latter being the level-up character option and the former would likely cater more to casual or tournament play.

When you start Venom it will ask you if you want to use your previous progress (I forget the exact text) or if you want to start at level 0 so to speak.

Also when the game is in Competition mode these features are disabled so noone has an advantage.

#47886 34 days ago

Jaws and now John wick also have persistent progress. But it’s more cosmetic in nature. Just overall rank and fake currency to play mini games

#47887 34 days ago
Quoted from briyau15:

I’m there with you. Honestly meant to reference the other Pinsider who asked if there are any more movies coming out…

Quoted from Maniac227:

Currently only a few games offer any saved progress type of options. I need to double check this but I think its currently just:
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: you can start with the last achieved training level of each Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, or Michaelangelo
- Venom: your current experience level determines which monsters you can battle and which monster's you've already defeated as well as additional special characters you've unlocked like Venomized Hulk, Venomized Wolverine, and Venomized Captain America

When you start Venom it will ask you if you want to use your previous progress (I forget the exact text) or if you want to start at level 0 so to speak.
Also when the game is in Competition mode these features are disabled so noone has an advantage.

I presume this may be a reason I would need to install IC on my TMNT if I were interested in this functionality?

#47888 34 days ago
Quoted from briyau15:

I presume this may be a reason I would need to install IC on my TMNT if I were interested in this functionality?

Ya, that's how they get you

#47889 34 days ago
Quoted from briyau15:

If you have another IC game, you can put the apron on the other game, put a USB dongle in the back, register and setup home team, then put the apron back in the other game. No scanner but you’re home team is accessible from the left flipper before starting.

#47890 34 days ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

The games so far will ask if you want to continue w/ progress or start over

#47891 34 days ago

You all have a wealth of knowledge and experience. Thank you for sharing it.

Having a story mode and a free play mode sounds interesting to me. I like the idea of having multiple ways to play a pin, including playing as multiple characters, as it just adds depth and longevity to the table. If a table is based off a story or movie, having a story mode included that directs you to take the path that matches the story or movie would be welcome.

Also, would be fun to have the option to not go linear in the gameplay and be able to play later parts of the game in free play. Cooperative play should also be a mode that is normally included in a game.

The trick with story and free play modes, and characters, is having a balance between what content is shared among all modes/characters and what is exclusive. Not a fan of too much exclusivity, but it does motivate you to try everything.

In video games you see different endings a lot. That seems to be an efficient way to add multiple characters and share content across them. That and having a slight variation in play.

Can’t see anything wrong with adding additional ways to play a table and keep it interesting longer.

#47892 34 days ago

TRON vault is an absolute 100 percent day 1 buy for me. God, I hope it happens.

#47893 34 days ago

If they want to sell more Trons, they really need to improve the playfield art.

#47894 34 days ago

If they do TRON
It will have Ares (or whatever the latest one is called) cabin and PF art

Quoted from swampfire:

If they want to sell more Trons, they really need to improve the playfield art.

#47895 34 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I think the flow sucks on IMDN.

This may be the most inaccurate statement on Pinside this week.
Maiden is top tier flow. Play better.

#47896 34 days ago
Quoted from Goronic:

TRON vault is an absolute 100 percent day 1 buy for me. God, I hope it happens.

I get the appeal of Tron and think a vault LE would sell well but the game got old really quickly for me. I don’t think I’d revisit it again. But if you’ve never owned one they are harder to get, particularly at a reasonable price - seems like a no-brainer for Stern.

#47897 34 days ago

Tron le if you can find one are like 19-20k. Sterns gotta see that.

#47898 34 days ago

Stern said they wouldn't be doing new LE editions of games since the Elvira debate. Does that mean they would be running Tron Pro, or would they do a new Tron Premium version with black trim?

Also, didn't they use off-the-shelf toys for Tron?

#47899 34 days ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

You can play them perfectly deactivating progress or selecting NO before the start.

It provides two different experiences in the same box. Your game your rules, enjoy it.

#47900 34 days ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

They do

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

SOLD!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 48,438 posts in this topic. You are on page 958 of 969.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/958 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.