We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goronic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#828 6 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

It's been a while since we've had a new Tron VE thread. Must be one soon? How 'bout Iron Man?
:-p

Yeah man - where the hell is that TRON VE?

#857 6 years ago

I would very much like to know the next VE. But I guess it will be next year - due to this years being AC DC

#865 6 years ago

Based on the SDCC I am pumped about Ready Player One - both the movie and the pin that hopefully will flow in late 2018.

Excellent book as well!

#869 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I was just bummed that key elements of the book are completely changed:
1. No Joust game-off - replace with some kind of 3D joust game they're INSIDE with a scorpion?
2. Cool characters like Ultraman are replaced with lesser characters like Iron Giant? (MANY other worse substitutions also)
3. Art3mis is a skinny waif actress.
4. What's the point of that race that's the centerpiece of part of that trailer, but not in the book?
Meh. I was hyped until I saw the trailer.

I get you....it is impossible to live up to the book. My first experience with this fact was when I was a teenager and read Jurassic Park and then saw the movie. And was disappointed at all they left out. But left thinking that was still a damn good movie. Just disappointed a bit. I will get the same from RPO I am sure. But I am still looking forward to seeing it.

#870 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So everyone is getting pumped aboot another tween movie?

I guess just 80s pop culture, D&D, programming geeks like me I guess.

#871 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Cool characters like Ultraman are replaced with lesser characters like Iron Giant? (MANY other worse substitutions also)

I think they wanted to have some nostalgia for the 'younger' viewer.

1 month later
#1089 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

This whole vault edition from Stern is interesting and concerning...
I think it is a slap in the face to the core supporters of Stern. These early adopter customers preorder and purchase new machines at launch, some sight unseen thus supporting Stern. When these machines sell out hopefully they retain some of their value. Allowing them to be sold and other new machines purchased for those early adopters. I am new here and from what I've seen NOT a lot of these machines rise in value.
I collect another form of art that is numbered and literally sells out in hours. These pieces are thousands of dollars too and sometimes take several years to be delivered. They are often sold for more than double shortly after preorder closes and sometimes more when the piece launches. One somewhat popular company thought it would be a good idea to sell another version after launch called a "Warehouse Gem" well it diluted the market on their pieces and drove away a substantial amount of their base customers. Their pieces now take several days and sometimes weeks to sell out. From what I hear they are literally just making it month to month to stay open now when they were one of the leaders in their space
I only have 3 machines in my collection. My first was a Gorgar then very shortly after I purchased a NIB Stern Metallice Pre, I would have bought the LE but they were long sold out... I missed out... I just recently dropped some serious coin on a Tron LE and I am planning on preordering/purchasing a GOTG LE when they announce, sight unseen.
I have to say if they re-release Tron I will not be buying anymore new Stern machines. ever....
/rantoff

pathetic

#1093 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Goronic, I'l buy your Hobbit for $2k since you are feeling so generous too..

Nothing about generosity - it is the market. If the market deems the Hobbit is 2k then when (and if) I sell it will be 2k. However, for the sake of argument JJP does a code update after JJP stops building them that puts TH in the top 5 - it could start selling for HUO 12K+. Then I could either sell TH then at that price - or JJP may make more later (e.g. remake/VE) and the NIB cost goes back down to 9K, and therefore the used pin I have would likely be lower than the NIB. Again...market price.

The good news is that I would have a great pinball machine and others are able to own or route a great pinball machine. Win Win Win. Simple, and similar to the TRON story.

Edit: And I would not fault JJP for making more.

3 weeks later
#1155 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

said every industry giant and their hysterical fanboys immediately prior to competitors entering the market and devouring them.

I agree - Stern is not immune or too big to fail. I would think that competition would at least get the code issues resolved (or going in the right direction).

I have seen some improvements in 'innovation' with the LCD from Stern - at that is good (and frankly expected). But the big surprise for me is the QC issues we are seeing. They need to step up the game quality and code updates for not only a TRON VE/Premium (eg. BM66 - if they ever go that route) but the NEXT release (maybe GoTG). Stern seems to be stuck in reverse right now, and their competitors have the momentum and are gaining ground.

I think Stern will get it straightened out, but they better get going on it fast.

3 months later
#1447 6 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I feel like Tron was great during a time where there weren't a lot of new options. Good game, but the scene is different now.

I still think TRON is a strong candidate for vault.

#1550 6 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Fingers and toes crossed then that Stephen Spielberg can pull it off. In any case, it would make a great Pinball theme.

I think Speilberg can tweak a few things here and there for the better. I thought some parts of the book would be better to change a bit anyway when seen in movies. As cool as Joust is - side by side competition in they way in is described in the book would not be all that cool in an action movie - if fact it may seem kind of super cheesy IMO.

4 weeks later
#2023 6 years ago

Anyway - after that lesson? on sales, revenue and P & L - can we get back on the thread topic

I think the Gomez vault comment is interesting. He saying that games that are DMD will NOT BE MADE into LCD due to the challenge in coding. OR is he just saying that it is challenging to go from DMD to LCD but POSSIBLE.

I know that LOTR and TRON are probably the most requested vaults, and I expected them to be DMD vaults. However, the LCD's would be a real treat to get on those vaults.

#2049 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

“Legacy of the Beast” is apparently a video game as well, so maybe there’s some shared artwork/concepts there.
http://ironmaidenlegacy.com

Apparently that game came out about a year ago. So apparently they started working on the pinball machine at that time as well?

1 month later
#2250 5 years ago

Where the f*ck is the f*cking TRON vault with the LCD? Soonish I hope!?

1 week later
#2318 5 years ago

Since they are doing ST and AC/DC maybe they will do more IMVE too?

3 months later
#2425 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My question isn’t what it’s who?
What pin is Lyman coding? That’s the one I’m interested in

TRONVE

1 week later
#2455 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

[quoted image]

OP (resized).jpgOP (resized).jpg
#2461 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’d take one but it would need to be reworked (like BM66) so not a straight up vault, make the layout better, make the code better with a G1 reskin or even this bumblebee movie licence will do.
In the trailer you can see G1 inspired Optimus, Bumbleebee, Soundwave, Starscream those alone are good enough for me to give this movie a chance, hopefully soundwave and starscream have their icon voices, finally they look like transformers only took them 5 movies to work it out

The new trailer looks nice - and I am glad to see the G1 vibe going on. Check out Soundwave's cassette eject of Ravage @ 1:38.

1 month later
#2472 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm confused by Dwight's blog entry. He's supposed to be on Munsters, but he lists his next pin as 2018 "Gra????" which I have no idea about unless it's Grandpa Munster.

Maybe it is Grandpa (and that is the project code name for the Munsters pin?)

#2475 5 years ago

Still waiting to hear about the next Vault to be honest. I am not a Munsters fan - but it looks like it could be very interesting

#2511 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Next stop: Munsters 2019.

Or TRON vault would be oh so nice

1 month later
#2587 5 years ago

Space Ace or Dragons Lair!? Just make the damn TRON or LOTR Vault next please .... jeez

#2592 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Everybody is entitled to their opinions obviously. Mine would be that the absolute LAST thing we need in pinball right now is another pin based on an old rock band or comic book. Enough!

Does that include old black and white TV shows too?

#2596 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

No. Munsters is cool!

My point exactly

#2611 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

For sure, use Jaws a movie that hasn't been in theaters in 40 years, to attract the younger crowd.

I do think that Jaws may be an exception as it is so well known by all ages. However, I am with you in that they are going with some very dated themes as of late.

They do have some recent sprinkled in though - like GoTG, TWD, and Deadpool - so that at least have some recent POP culture in there as well. Stern knows that - for the most part - buyers of new 8K machines are males over 50 so that is why you see older nostalgic themes and rock bands.

#2612 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

For sure, use Jaws a movie that hasn't been in theaters in 40 years, to attract the younger crowd.

From Sterns latest releases: https://sternpinball.com/games/

The Munsters - 1964
The Beatles - 1960
Iron Maiden - 1975
Batman 66 - 1966
Metallica - 1981
AC/DC - 1980
Guardians of the Galaxy - 2014
Star Wars - 1977
Aerosmith - 1970
Star Trek (new cast) - 2012
Deadpool - 2016

1 week later
#2646 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yea I am not sure about that. I like the older games the way they are now-I have grown to appreciate the originality of some of the classics including Tron. Not sure if adding a LCD would really add much to the game. If you wanted video clips of the movie to distract the player or slow down the flow then you could add the LCD but to me I would prefer the vaults be left 'original'. Sometimes less is more and I would hate to ruin something that is already great-if it isn't broke-don't fix it.

Could be a win win then. If TRON VE has and LCD and you prefer those get the vault. If you prefer the dots get the original

#2655 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

If they really do vault Simpsons it HAS to have LCD with stock footage and original animations.

Yes - vault LOTR movie clips (that would rock - not sure if they can swing license on that one though), Vault LCD movie - again rock...etc etc

2 weeks later
#2746 5 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's _____ !

A letdown

#2779 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

His 'masterpiece' is STTNG and it likely will never be de-throned

I much prefer the newer Star Trek pin the STTNG - I think the new one is the better pin. But to each his own

4 weeks later
#2895 5 years ago

Looking forward to more pics and videos. Very interested in this title

#2903 5 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

Okay, its been a few hours since the teaser, Whats The NEXT STERN PIN? lol.
I'm saying Bill and Ted.

I may be going out on a limb here but I bet it ISN'T Jaws or TRON VE

#2940 5 years ago

Just saw the Stringer Things 3 Trailer! Man I sure would like Stern to do a Stranger Things pin. The music selections played in the ST3 trailer were awesome! That theme music along would be hype in the game too

2 weeks later
#3095 5 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

That would make this year a very dangerous year for my wallet!

Agree - they probably have a few nice pins coming out this year, but the right vault could sell extremely well too.

2 weeks later
#3133 4 years ago

I would like for Stern to try Avengers again (new design) around Infinity War/End Game. Seems like to big a license not to do it.

2 weeks later
#3174 4 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Whatever the theme, just remember that if you are unlucky, like
me, and receive a warped playfield, stern will not help you.
They do not give a fuck.

When/If I get a Stern pin I will go with HUO and check it out before buying to avoid some of these NIB horror stories

1 month later
#3406 4 years ago

Jaws 1 (the Jaws) was fantastic - an all time classic in horror and cinema.

Jaws 2 was bearable - after that they are atrocious and embarrassing. Guess the could only get lighting in a bottle on the first one.

But yes, a Jaws pin would be nice to see for sure.

1 week later
#3551 4 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Need a really nice adult theme for a change
Sexy girl was great with pic feature
Maybe Deep Throat ?
Endless possibilities
Most of these end up home used only anyway
And possibly bars.

I'm think those days are long gone ...

#3553 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

They are licensing the living shit out of that show, I'm sure it's available.

I would like to see it made - I may be a customer if they do a great job on it

#3574 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Ok, so it does seem to have interest.. I need to watch the show..
I thought it was a kids show.

It's good for all ages, and is set in the 80s and follows a group of kids. Much like the movies of the 80s. It's pretty good for sure. Great music to boot.

#3643 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBallPeteFromSD:

Has anyone heard anything about Stern announcing at Comic Con?

Stranger Things announcement at comic con would be a massive hit. If not this year, the next

1 week later
#3767 4 years ago

Wow, so this weekend.

EDIT: Sooner - Thursday morning (3 days)

#3827 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

All I know is if its Bill and ted, or Strangers Things, or TMNT, or Pulp Fiction etc this will relieve my stress, because I can save my money on this round.
Phew...

For me, at least 2 of those has some appeal (ST, and PF) - but I totally get it if those themes don't move the needle for you. To own a pin I must enjoy playing it AND like the theme. They are too expensive for me not to have both of those qualities. Which pinball machines meet that criteria differ from one pinhead to the next...

#3907 4 years ago

Well that explains the prepare to be disappointed posts

But why the hyped announcement type news at comic-con for a big ‘coming soon’ pitch?!

#3914 4 years ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

Good reasoning here drfrightner, but Stern literally has announced that they are releasing a new game...

A TRON vault may be a new game, right? In certain contexts.

#3935 4 years ago

You may be right. The Jurassic World ride just opened to. For whatever that’s worth...

http://www.trulydisturbing.com/2019/07/12/jurassic-world-the-ride-is-now-open-at-universal-studios-hollywood/

#3940 4 years ago

I’ve got a bad feeling about this...

#4206 4 years ago
Quoted from cletus:

I guess I don’t understand the whole Kapow Title thing. Why would the title of Elwin’s next game even matter? It will likely be a blast to play even if it is turd themed.

Because if it is powder puff girls or cabbage patch kids I won't buy. Being totally honest...

2 months later
#4582 4 years ago

I would like stranger things or TRON vault

1 week later
#4699 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Ya! Same old Star Wars under the hood!![quoted image]

I don't know .... I thought it was OK when I first played it. After I ran into it again and put some more time on it I would very much like to own a premium. I think it is a pretty fun pin to play - and the theme, music, movie clips really help it - I really dig Star Wars.

1 week later
#4974 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Exactly! I was born in 1980, so the Goonies was a very exciting movie to watch as a kid, it had adventure, mystery, surprise, scary stuff... Often things from my childhood I continue to like as an adult... Hence Pinball haha

Back to the Future
Ghostbusters
Star Wars - Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars - Return of the Jedi
Indiana Jones
Preditor
The Terminator
Blade Runner
Top Gun
The Thing
Aliens
Star Trek - The Wrath of Khan
Escape from New York
Dune
Caddyshack

I really like those much better than Goonies myself

{REMOVED - HAD TOO MANY LISTED}

Yeah Goonies is far from my Top 10 80s movies - But it is a good movie though

#4978 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Not me! These cant be all lumped into one category, they are different Genres. And most of what you listed are "adult" movies. So I wasnt watching those as a kid.

Good point!

#4982 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Funny, that is one other 80's movie that I cannot stand lol. Im not sure if its because I find Elliot the most annoying whiny kid ever, or that E.T. looks like a melting pile of poop. I know, im in the minority for sure.

I'm with you on ET - that is why I did't list it. But it is certainly an iconic 80s movie.

I also left off alot of the ones my wife would like more, like: Dirty Dancing, Footloose, etc.

#4997 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Right, the nuclear scene was scrapped due to budget, but that happened after the change in time machine device was made from the fridge.
Regardless, the Delorean made a much cooler time machine, so all ended well.

The time machine (Delorean) was originally going to be a nuclear engine and they would need a nuclear reaction/plant to power it. They thought that would be too costly to create the set and film - so they made the time machine electrical (but still needed plutonium for some reason?) and the whole catching a lighting bolt idea was born. Rest is cinema history!!!

Back to the Future should be in everyone's 80's Top 10 in my book.

#5058 4 years ago

Totally agree. Not sure how much change from Stern we would expect if people are tripping on themselves to hand over whatever Stern is asking for, regardless of condition, for the next pin if it's your 'dream theme'.

QC down, prices up! Who cares?! It's all about fun, and you only live once. It makes it hard on the buyers that are hoping for a better product and slowing down the crazy price climbing.

1 week later
#5294 4 years ago
Quoted from Cruster:

back in the day when it was more popular warcraft gamers were coughing up 5k for little bronze statues of characters... and they sold out instantly. If there had been a pin at that time, gamers woulda jumped in

Yes. World of Warcraft would have been great. I think JJP would do a nice one too. But, yes I think that ship has sailed. A 'fairly' modern video game franchise would be nice to see. Maybe Halo? I don't know. Video game franchises may not do to well. But who knows.

#5325 4 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Daft Punk's just a dream theme for me that I think would translate really well to a pin

But I don't think it would have enough general appeal - like the rock band pins made so far. I like Daft Punk as well, but I just don't see that one happening.

It would sound good though

#5333 4 years ago

Okay, I've learned my lesson and now realize numbers are what makes a good pinball theme. Obviously Stern should be snapping up the rights to Gone With The Wind, the best selling movie of all time. Oooh yeah Clark Gable will get the kids lining up.

I guess it boils down to want an individual wants/likes for it to be considered a 'good theme'.

I think what Stern would consider a good theme would be:

1. Generally liked by most domestic and international players
2. Is very popular and/or familiar to many as pop culture movies, mainstream bands, etc.
3. They can secure a license - without too much expense
4. Extra credit: relevant to today's youth (but not required)

That would about cover it...toss in a good layout, art, and rules and there you go.

Does Daft Punk hit all those marks? I think it falls a bit short on 1 and 2 myself. Though I love what the did for TRON, and Get Lucky is still played a lot today. But most of their stuff aside from that isn't well known to most.

And us on Pinside will nitpick the hell out of their choices in all the above.

#5335 4 years ago

This all makes sense. But as a counterpoint; they made a Munsters machine (and a cornerstone model at that). Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like that sets the bar pretty low.

Not as low as you might think. But yeah, I didn't much care for the theme, but I get its appeal.

#5445 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

IF and when a STRANGER THINGS Pinball comes out :
Should have :
-Iconic creepy score plays at power up / ball launch
-Demogorgon mech opening ball swallowing / spitting out feature.
-LED blinking Christmas lights that WILL communicates with you
-Lower Playfield which represents the "Upside Down" (or entire Playfield becomes grayscale, perhaps flippers are reversed )
-Magnetic levitating ball / save feature that Eleven saves you with her powers
-Waffle / Eggo pop bumpers
-The Clash - Should I stay or should I go needs to play at some point as a music clip
-Spinner which rotates / activates the kids bike tires
-Dustin And Suzie Sing 'The NeverEnding Story' when having a long balltime / wizard mode
-Need to collect items like Steve's Spiked bat to battle
-Scoops Ahoy flavor mode call outs with Erica serving as she puts the ERICA in AMERICA
-Save / Find Barb mode
-Final Battle Mode with The Mind Flayer
-Star Court Mall escalator ramp for the ball to slide down
-Murray Bauman hidden hide out spot on the playfield
-Chief HOPPER call outs
-Billy mode heavily featuring the shaker as he's a pretty intense character
-Gather Friends Lucas, Dustin, Will, Mike, increase multipliers
-Hurry up mode Close the gate
-Joyce Byers cracking her axe as the playfield rumbles from the shaker
-Initials / name "Mad Max" score should be the highest score from factory
-Dr Martin Brenner gather test subject modes
-Bob Newby aka Sean Astin Ball Save
-Chief Hopper SHOOT Again!

I hope they can get approval for that much material. Theme song for sure, then as much actor call outs as possible, and a few songs (that may be the hardest thing to do). I am looking forward to seeing it

#5462 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

A lot of good ideas in there, but holy hell no to the Eggo pop bumpers! That's exactly the same logic Stern had for Inner Tube pops in the new Elvira.
Just because something is round doesn't mean it needs to be a pop bumper. The Eggo's in Stranger Things have a minor place in the story, but do not have nearly enough of an impact to be featured as pops, since a pop nest makes up about 1/6th of the available space in the PF. That space needs to be something a lot more prominent and part of the world in which they exist, and not just having giant waffles tucked up in a corner and cartoon Eggo's pop up on a screen each time a ball gets kicked around the pops.
WoZ had it right by making the pops trees. Stranger Things could have a "pops forest" with that tree with the gateway behind it via diverter or gate when enabled. In my opinion, THAT'S how you get theme integration and not think of "something round" for the pops.

The hobbit also got the pops right with having dwarfs in barrels bobbing up and down flowing down the river part of the play field.

1 week later
#5596 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Thinking a Tron vault might be cooking..

That would be great - I am still hoping for a Stranger Things pin too. Sounds like Stern has that license so it is more likely 'when' and not 'if'

#5607 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I have IM next to IMDN. The quality difference is absolutely insane. I can touch maiden with my pinky, and the whole machine shakes. I have to use both hands aggressively to do the same to IM. I wish Stern would reverse course on the cost cutting (bring back the older PSU with button in the right place, a knocker etc etc.) as I am sad that I can't support them anymore.
I guess this is a good time to ask: has anyone added weights into the cab of newer sterns?

I noticed that too when playing - the new ones seem very light to me.

Of course I have a Hobbit - and it feels as heavy as a parked car... no joke. It is really hard to move with even a hard nudge while playing.

I still would not mind having a Stern, but it would be nice to get the quality back to what it was.

#5614 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

I checked out my games after reading this and yeah, Iron Maiden feels a lot flimsier than even Ghostbusters from just a couple years earlier. Never really noticed but wow theres really a big difference in the weight and solid-ness (solidity?) between those two games. Maidens cabinet does feel pretty puny. I wonder if thats why I have so much trouble with scraping the inside of the Maiden cabinet every damn time I lift the playfield, perhaps the cabinet is sitting twisted slightly from being so lightweight.

I am getting concerned about the BOM getting cheaper and less quality over time - yet the prices are going up and up. Stern have fun games for sure - but they really need to get the build quality back to what it was. I am sure Stern will release a vault or a new pin (Stranger Things for example) that I really want and I have to decide if I ignore the quality and just buy it anyway. I guess I am just concerned.

#5631 4 years ago
Quoted from HeadNZ:

Best theme... ever.[quoted image]

hand drawn art - like the poster - would be great too!

#5648 4 years ago

2020:

Stranger Things
TMNT
TRON vault
Led Zeppelin

#5662 4 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Blade Runner is the only title I would possibly buy sight unseen.
Alas...twill never happen as today’s consumer only likes action hero movies.
:::sigh:::

I would love a Bladerunner pin, but only the original movie

1 week later
#5768 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Gen X likes the 80s nostalgia of Stranger Things.
Millenials are obsessed with the 80s.
Kids also love Stranger Things because it features kids who are an active part of the story and drive the plot.
Triple win!
Pokémon pin would make STUPID MONEY on location. Especially if they could somehow make the ball look like a Pokeball.
Sadly too much of the pin market is now home driven so the themes that would make the most sense for location don't get made.

Agree - Stranger Things makes a lot of sense to me. But I also don't expect to see it this year. Maybe next year on/or around Season 4?

#5803 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Not arguing for nor against a "Stranger Things" pinball game. But a lot of people here are hoping for one. I agree it is a great show but damn if I can figure out what such a pinball would look like and what it's modes and rules might include. Can someone please share their concept(s)? Thanks in advance.

I am not much or a designer or rules guy. But if you take the first 3 seasons - you can have the Demigorgon as a toy (maybe a bash), obviously you have 11 and kids on the PF, Hopper, the Mom, Billy, etc.

The ares of the PF could include the 'lab', the arcade, the high school, Will's house - xmas lights, Starcourt Mall (and/or Scoops Ahoy), the big Mindflayer, the portal to the upside down (which I hope they don't do as a lower PF - but I am sure they will). They can do great things with the lights and sounds as you enter the upside down. Countless modes and missions regarding escape for 11, fighting the demigorgans and mindflayers, saving friends, getting to the portal - blowing it up...stuff like that.

Also, the theme music rocks - and the 80 songs that are the show are good too.

#5805 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Put it this way GNR by Jersey Jack or Stranger things, I will get the GNR and i prefer Stern.
Talking with a mate last night has anyone mentioned a Get Smart before as that would have some awesome toys.

Looks like you will get that chance

1 week later
#5929 4 years ago

Oh man...No I am stuck between getting Rick and Morty or Stranger Things.

#5993 4 years ago

We know stern owns the license but not sure when it is coming out yet

#6000 4 years ago

Luckily neither has happened...but why put spoilers in this thread?

1 week later
#6101 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

I think you underestimate the popularity of stranger things. I would say its on par if not greater than walking dead, and walking dead is hands down one of the most popular stern pins on route. I liked Jaws growing up but I think its way past its prime at this point.

I don’t think jaws is out, but stranger things is definitely in

#6192 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

People are buying games completely blind? That's crazy. Wouldn't you at least like to see a picture or have some description of what you are buying? It's not like every Stern has been a masterpiece.

I think there are still several operators that get the latest Stern regardless - and get it on the floor. Home buyers typically want to see it first - but for some theme is all they need (and they will ditch it later if they don't like it). Sad, but true. Good for them I guess to have that financial ability.

Money is all relative. I don't mind paying 5 bucks to have someone bring my pizza to me on Friday movie night at home. Others will take 30+ minutes to go there and back to pick it up and save the 5 bucks. Some lucky people can do that with pins, and cars, etc.

#6208 4 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Did anyone buy the new ninja turtles sight unseen?

Uh....

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 weeks later
#6414 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Heavy dimpling resulting from play will form the moon's craters.

Moon craters huh?

I think people who don't like Pink Floyd are Rare. Besides, David Gilmour is my Hero.

2 weeks later
#6525 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

HE’S BACK! Order your Stern Iron Man Pro Vault now from Flip N Out Pinball. $5699 and FREE Shipping
[email protected][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Run a few TRON pros at those numbers will get the line moving for sure.

2 weeks later
#6773 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So use the new movie content, but change the art to the comic books? More head scratching...

Do comic style cab and play field and first gen toys gets you in a good spot. Then add the cartoon theme song, voices, and sound effects and you are in great shape.

It may be good to get white lions transformers theme for a multi ball.

#6844 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That video was from like 5 years ago. It's much worse now.
I'm sure it would be "classic" Crue with the band having the crap airbrushed out of it. Far from the current Vince Neil reality...
[quoted image]

Pretty sure Vince never had even 1 day at the gym

#6874 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

geez dude I know we're all upset about the playfield quality issues but that's taking stress-testing TOO FAR!

Dimpled play fields will be the least of the issues if that is used for testing

2 weeks later
#7333 4 years ago

That woman is hideous!

1 week later
#7378 4 years ago

Holy shit! I was thinking there was news about a new Stern coming out and I find people talking about spelling and grammar!

2 weeks later
#7448 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Why are you yelling?

I THINK THIS IS YELLING!

3 weeks later
#7511 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I loved LOTR's and love my lotr but the theme isn't common place anymore. People are onto something new.

Then why do vaults at all? The reason is to take pins that were\are very popular, and remake them (with some marginal improvements - see MM, MB, IM, etc).

LOTR and TRON certainly check those boxes and are great candidates for vaulting. Of course, they will still make new pins as well in addition to the vault builds.

#7514 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I wouldnt count any of those titles though.

I'm certainly not counting on them - but wouldn't be surprised if they did them either.

1 week later
#7598 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Not sure that I really agree...Sure, Monster Bash is pretty easy to get to, Monsters of Rock is less so, and Lyman's Lament is not at all.
It may not be as deep as some of the more recent machines, but as it was designed primarily for location play, that makes sense.
Nowadays, the home market is a much bigger piece of the pie, and making the rules more complex is a result of that.

I agree, and another thing is that family and guests that don't play as much pinball don't need a deep pin - just a fun one. And MB is definitely fun

3 weeks later
#8083 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Also, Marty's band is called "The Pinheads"

Wow - did not know that. I think you could have call outs - but likely not custom ones. JJP found a fantastic voice guy for Gandalf - it is SPOT ON. Seems you could find someone for Doc and Marty if you even tried a little.

Hearing 'Great Scott!' taken from the movies may be a good replacement for 'Jackpot' ...? If they (Stern or JJP) do a BTTF I hope they can get at least movie clips to display, voices from the movies, and the Huey Lewis Back In Time song...

And this would likely be the final wizard mode

3 weeks later
#8358 3 years ago

TMNT color and art is fantastic!

#8360 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

6 more months to this year and you're doubting it will happen? I have no doubt that it will happen this year.

What's your thoughts - or anyone else with credible insight - on the likelihood of a vault this year?

#8362 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

When Stern decides to do a Pink Floyd, they can reuse the fixed screen from STh and add a laser light show spectacular.

Would Roger Waters replace the demogorgan as the bash toy??? (It may be the only way Gilmour agrees to do it)

Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin are 2 of may favs for sure!!!
gettyimages-76557634-612x612 (resized).jpggettyimages-76557634-612x612 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#8565 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Scooby has balls?

Should - but....he is a cartoon. So...there's that.

#8584 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah Jaws has been the next Stern for a good 7 years.

And TRON the next vault...

3 weeks later
#9167 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Tron has increased in value more than quite a few games out there. So add toys and mods to the mix, then it's not that affordable anymore. And yet, the argument that Stern won't make a Tron VE because there are already games available out there on the resellers market doesn't stand up to paying $11000 USD for some Tron LE, or $6700 USD for a somewhat modded PRO. Convert USD to CAD, and Canadians will see my point..

ebay.com link: Tron Limited Edition LE Pinball Machine By Stern Free Shipping Mods

For God's sake, vault the damn thing please....

#9177 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I certainly would go nuts! But how easy would it be to get that vault edition? I can already see 'pre-waiting' list, delays, units bring backordered..only to find out preferred customers got to them first. Then, prices magically would go up on all of them, including the older versions!

I think stern knows TRON vault would sell very well and hopefully make enough to cover demand and not do a small run.

#9195 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

...to the hundred or so people pouding the desk & screaming for one. Minus the half that would find some fatal flaw with the vault and not buy it after all.

Desire:
TRON Pro: 618 Pinsiders Wish List (which is more than currently HAVE it in their collection)
TRON LE: 480 Pinsiders Wish List (which is more than owners - even more than Stern MADE)

Used Cost: (with some wiggle room)
TRON PRO average is 8K (~3K over NIB at release)
TRON LE average is 10-12K (~5K over NIB at release)

Threads:
TRON Vault is by far the number 1 requested vault. This is rather obvious based on it showing up so often in threads (even this one). By using Pinside Search it appears to have the highest number of related posts - even more than LOTR.

Based on that info it would appear to be far more than 100 screaming pinball fans...

I would say hundreds (not 100) would likely buy a TRON vault.

#9218 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Yet no one will buy a HUO stock TRON Pro on the Pinside for 6300 OBO. People will pay crazy prices for original NIB puns.

Puns or Pins?

#9241 3 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Tron will happen again, it's a when, not an if....and also what form we'll see it in. Stock Vault or something extra.

Super excited to see what Stern does with TRON Vault!

(IF THEY DO IT)

#9246 3 years ago

Yeah - you can see those NIB TRONs getting a shit ton of attention and inquiries. Gems to be sure!

Instead of a NIB TRON Pro for 10K, I would prefer a TRON VE for 7K (or so)

#9252 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Not sure you got my point. Yes, the whole idea of a VE is based on resale value of Pros and Premiums. If the price is high, that means the market is ripe for a VE. What is does to the value of the older games makes no difference because there was no perceive promise. Not the same thing as an LE though. When you buy an LE, you expect it to be "Limited". So my point is, a Tron VE should be a DMD display and a Pro only form. No ramp lights, but maybe factory LEDs throughout.

I see your point, but I am not sure I agree with it. IF (and that is a BIG IF) TRON VE is remade, it has a very good chance of being more desirable than the LE. Stern may feel that to do the best VE that they can they may use an LCD and movie clips, updated decals, LEDs, updated light cycles and recognizer, etc. It will be different than the LE. But I don't think Stern will hold back new, improved features just to make sure the LE is the best model. The LE will still be the LE (400) and the Vault will be different (but likely better)

#9253 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

not a remake, a proper full-feature contemporary sequel. Or at the very least, take The Walking Dead and redo it as Bad Cats II.

Wow...you must really like cats.

2 weeks later
#9722 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphcousman:

posting on a forum related to pinball is for sure more adult than a multi billion dollar movie franchise.

did you forget to add the sarcasm icon?

1 month later
#10400 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Over at Stern I imagine they watch GnRs lightshow at the moment, looking over Led Zeppelin.
Then Dwight storms inside yelling, „let me trough, I can save this“, and getting allowed to do the lightshow of his life!

It will take more than code to beat the JJP GnR light show - it's going to take a shit ton more LEDs. Hell JJP even created new lighting systems to bring the stage into the pin - a mini replica of THE GnR rock stage - complete with moving spotlights. Not sure Stern will be able to match it with Zep (but I sure would like to see them try).

I prefer Led Zeppelin music to GnR, but I can listen to LZ on my Klipsch speakers and play a pin with amazeballs code with 10/10 GnR theme integration.

#10403 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Cause Robert never screams like his nuts are in a vice!

LOL...good point!

I also like Rush and ACDC...same ridiculously high vocals.

#10404 3 years ago

Side note, while we are discussing Sterns next pin (and rock themes). I hate to say it, but if either company gets to do Pink Floyd I would prefer JJP. And they can do Floyds Pulse and/or Delicate Sound of Thunder tours! That would be freaking awesome!!!

#10409 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Dwight can take your eyesight with an extinguished candle if he wants to!
He's the Chuck Norris of Flashers!

He'll need to be.

#10419 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Maybe a combo pin with orange donald and pink floyd?
we all know what the pin theme would be.

If Waters has his way - maybe so. But I would hope they would just stick to the music and iconic Floyd imagery, lights, and sound.

If they put in any politics it would be a deal breaker for many, so I am sure Stern/JJP/whoever would steer clear of that. Probably doesn't matter as I think there is little chance we ever see a Pink Floyd pin anyway.

#10528 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I Spy?
[quoted image]

KISS Vault?

1 week later
#10624 3 years ago

... however, as this is a Stern thread, I’d suggest Kapow license two versions of HP, with one going to Stern and one to JJP. Both would sellout and could expect to sell 5k units.
Stern’s version would be on the line following month 18 and be offered as $10k premium, $15k LE and $25k LE+ models. It would have photoshopped art by Franchi that looked great, but the game would come with no movie assets, no Hogwart’s references nor likeness of Harry Potter. Complete 5000 game run would have been built and shipped by month 24.
JJP’s version would be on the line at month 24 and and be offered as $12k standard, $15k LE and $20k SLE models. It would have hand drawn art and look spectacular and it would have all movie assets including access to Hogwarts and Harry. Complete 5000 game run would have been built and shipped by month 36.
The whole time the companies compete to offer the best HP experience, the entire community is abuzz and rooting for one or both. Then the community buys the fruits of their efforts. A win - win - win - win.

I agree Stern could do it much quicker, but I think JJP would do a better job with the license.

But yeah, it would be 12K and be on the line in 2023 or 2024 if JJP did it. It would probably look sweet as hell...but take a LONG TIME to get to us.

#10691 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Please please please don't let it be any more Marvel or DC titles.
I would like a Pee Wee Herman machine!

Uh...I would rather have more Marvel or DC titles before that one...or maybe just do Jaws please

1 month later
#11483 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Some great material out there for Welk?!

If that won’t get you fired up for pinball nothing will.

#11524 3 years ago

Don't worry everyone...I am sure they are going to announce the theme/vault that YOU are dying to see next

May the odds be ever in your favor

2 weeks later
#12257 3 years ago

uh...I think I will just play this on location.

#12259 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Sorry to say it but GNR looks leaps and bounds beyond Zeppelin.

JJP always "looks" leaps and bounds better than Stern. But Stern is about the fast gameplay and licenses. GnR is way, way out front in the fit and finish department. Zep should still be fun to shoot.

1 week later
#12457 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Tron Vault please!
[quoted image]

If they vault TRON it is a certain buy. No question.

#12516 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't think Toy Story will be as multiball heavy as jjPotC or GnR. Eric seems to really like multiball, a bit too much for my taste, too, but I still love his designs.
My problem with Pat is he's just recycling his greatest hits with his JJP designs. I don't feel there's a lot there that hasn't been seen in his prior games, so they're boring to me. I was initially excited about Dialed In, but it got really boring and repetitive pretty fast and the shine was off within a month or so. They did improve it by breaking up the phone progression, but it was too little, too late, IMO. I hope he does some cool new stuff with Toy Story, but I'm not super-optimistic.

I think the multiball madness is more on the code side than the designer side. I think Keith just really likes to add multiballs a plenty in the JJP games. All of them seem to be pretty heavy handed with them. The Hobbit sets the bar with mode locks in addition to the standards ones.

We may want to pick this up in a JJP thread though.

1 week later
#12890 3 years ago

Just buy a Hobbit. Plenty of stuff in it you will like.

Hobbit is special with the theme integration for sure, and if you are a Hobbit/LOTR fan it is very cool.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a LOTR vault from Stern

#12951 3 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

If they ever get the licensing situation handled between the creator and the writer, I think Friday the 13th pin would be great. I would also get the guy who did the artwork for the boxset to do the artwork.
[quoted image]

Not a bad idea - more horror themes would be nice to see.

Also, the art looks good - but Stern does have some great artists now, and I am sure they would do a great job with that.

#13041 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

So what happens to the price and availability of 2013 LOTR when/if the vault edition is released? do they drop in price and become more obtainable?
I can't imagine the vault being much better from a quality perspective as LOTR has relatively high reliability from what I've read.
maybe a new thread: when will someone launch a pinball reliability rating system that details which parts break, are hard to find, or need constant adjustment?

Good questions. Let's look at MBr and the original MB as a possible example. The cost of the originals went down - of course - but not way down. A used MB original is still about the same as a NIB MBr SE, and almost as much as the NIB MBr LE. Some, collectors included, would rather have the original.

I think you would see the same with LOTR. The vault will be in big demand for sure, but due to how well the original was constructed, and well since it is the original, the original LOTR will keep most of it's value.

Just my 2 cents.

#13042 3 years ago

On the other hand, if they do a TRON VE - and it is any good at all - it will hurt the TRON PRO prices quite a bit. And depending on which way Stern goes with the VE it could hurt the LE as well. But the LE will certainly fair better than the PRO.

1 week later
#13146 3 years ago
Quoted from dondon4720:

I heard they might be doing Back to the Future next which would be awesome ( heard it from the same person who got Zepplin right I think he has some connections) Next Music theme I heard is Pink Floyd
I would love a Batman the Animated series (90s cartoon) love the art style
I also wouldn't mind a G1 transformers vault / new machine (I would have to go in debt for that one )

Now Biff, don’t con me.

1 week later
#13293 3 years ago

I would be happy to see a LOTR Vault or TRON Vault - either would be on my buy list.

#13302 3 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

I would be in for a Tron Vault, but then with all the mods already in there
And steel ramps!

If Stern doesn't do lighted ramps I think steel would be an awesome idea

#13382 3 years ago

Some of these theme suggestions are fucking awful. Just sayin'

#13502 3 years ago
Quoted from DangerzoneArcade:

World of Warcraft with two different LE packages similar to the Xmen pin would be cool. Have a Horde version and Alliance version. I would be an instant NIB Horde LE buyer.

I would love this - not sure how well it plays as a theme with the older demographic. But I would be very interested in it.

#13545 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Next release will surprise people.

In a good way?!

#13556 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

LOTR or Tron would be good!

Those may be the ones that most are hoping for...But I have a feeling it won't be either.

#13569 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Not necessarily bad news, if Stern won’t do BTTF it would be crazy for another manufacturer not to pick up the licence with the demand and popularity of the licence, when fans drop 15k on a pair of Nikes they will drop 10k on a pinball.
JJP, AP snap this licence up pronto and get it made! If you wanna follow up GnR and Toy Story with something equally as loved as Toy Story BTTF is it!

I would love JJP to take a crack at BTTF. It doesn't appear that Stern wants to revisit that theme anyway.

#13575 3 years ago
Quoted from bobwiley:

I never got a response, although I'm hoping if it comes to fruition somehow I get a discount or something, as there's no way I can pony up for a NIB!

You can do it! Start saving now and if JJP releases it you will be ready. If they don't you will at least have funds for a different pin

#13585 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Agree - no Welk comic art.
Called my distro and asked to put me down for a LE when/if it comes out.

Is Welk the code name for something? If not, are you serious?

Are you actually talking about this?! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lawrence_Welk_Show

I think I missed something...

#13587 3 years ago
Quoted from Hopdog:

They're messing with you. It's obviously code for the only other famous accordion player, Weird Al Yankovic.
(jk, but a Weird Al table would be a ton of fun!)

Oh good! Because if Stern did do a Welk pin it would mean they totally ran out of ideas.

#13591 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Welk is supposedly Stern's code name for Back To The Future (BTTF)

Thanks. That makes a ton more sense. With some of the 'serious' theme requests I have seen on here I can never be sure LOL

#13599 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

How did the code name Welk become known? And how is it tied to BTTF?

Maybe the date/era when much of when BTTF was set was about the time Welk was on TV - or maybe it is the Enchantment Under the Sea dance - or talent competition that Marty was in - or something else maybe

By the way, I still think one of the funniest moments in the movie is when Huey Lewis said "I'm afraid you're just too darn loud"
And I still love that the name of Marty's band is the Pinheads LOL

#13989 3 years ago

It would be great if it were a TRON VE or LOTR VE. If they don't go with a vault then I hope it is BTTF.

#14026 3 years ago

You're messing with my Zen thing, man.

1 week later
#14385 3 years ago

Can we puhlease get on with the TRON VE announcement already!?

#14389 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I need a better horror theme then TWD. Saw would be great, Nightmare on Elm St would be my top pick.

A horror pin that I think I could get behind would be Halloween. The iconic music alone would do wonders for setting the proper mood. A life-size mask and knife would also be great pieces to integrate into the game. I am sure hand drawn art that looks much like the actors and town from the movie would be cool too.

1 week later
#14545 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Baby shark do do-do-do do, baby shark, do do-do-do do, baby shark. Daddy shark, do do-do-do do...sing along with me!

Thanks for getting that in my head - ahole.

MOST watched video in YouTube history...no joke...over 8 billion views.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-viewed_YouTube_videos#:~:text=%22Baby%20Shark%20Dance%22%20by%20Pinkfong,views%20as%20of%20February%202021.

#14601 3 years ago

If it is done right I am very interested in BTTF

#14762 3 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

I’m in the UK and I’d prefer the Toho Godzilla.
The new movies are terrible, don’t have a lot of faith for the 2021 movie either.

I agree the new movies should have better story and acting. The CG is amazing though.

It is a shame that will all the amazing effects big movie studios can do today, they still HAVE to tell a good story! The new Godzilla and Kong effects look fantastic though. Maybe they get it right on the next movie - but I doubt it.

That said, you can still make a great pinball using the new movies assets and concepts. Especially if it is hand drawn art.

#14777 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Sneak peak. Enjoy!
[quoted image]

Must be the Godzilla VE ...

#14797 3 years ago

I am still holding out hope!

#14904 3 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

There are plenty around to get HUO or used and the theme is not exactly universally loved (Avengers vs Tron, kids aren't going to flock to an old video game theme). A few dozen people on Pinside crying for it for the last 8 yrs is not going to make Stern say "f*ck, we will make a killing bringing back an old game with old technology". Take away all the junk, Xmas ornaments, and action figures people put on their Trons and the game is not unreasonably priced.
And yes, I'd love an 80's movie retheme of it

First off, there are NO TRON PROs in the market place - and certainly no TRON LEs. Second, you have an LE, and the most vocal anti TRON vault seem to be from current TRON owners (not all owners, but a I see that crap a lot). They will not part with it, in fact love it, but can't 'understand' why Stern should make more. Are you serious?

Lastly, don't give me that too old of a theme stuff. Stern recently did Led Zep, TMNT, Beatles, and Munsters.

Stern may not do a vault - but it certainly isn't for any of the reasons you suggested.

#14914 3 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Here we go ...the "you own a Tron and think they shouldn't do it now because the value will go down" statement .... same sh!t for the last 8 years that I have heard.

I don't think it is just about the fear of it going down in value - I think it is as simple as 'I already have it, I would prefer Stern just make other things than a TRON vault'.

And in regards to the same shit for the last 8 years - I think that speaks more to the demand for the pin than it will never happen. Hell, we've seen beating a dead horse MEMEs on TRON vault requests for a while. The demand is there.

A year or two ago I looked into the Pinside thread activity spanning the last 5 years. And TRON vault has by far the most Pinside vault threads, as well as, again by far, the most posts for a vault title candidate (even more than titles that are already vaulted). And it isn't close, TRON clearly has the most buzz of any other Stern for vault requests. I may dig up the numbers and calculations again sometime to get the new numbers. I even did the counts based on filtering to only unique posters - not the same vocal ones. This was to rule out the 'only a few vocal people are asking' argument. If Stern were going to vault something else TRON would be a very good choice. By the way, after TRON, LOTR is second in most Stern vault activity (in case anyone was wondering).

#14940 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Oh Man !
What an experience this would have been !

Nice starting song! Plissken is a bad ass.

#15121 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Marty's mom still has it going on too.

I was in middle school when the BTTF movie came out. And I have had the hots for Lea Thompson ever since.

#15136 3 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

What's Pinball. It's a game with flippers but that's not important right now. Airplane would be awesome.

Surely you can't be serious...

#15212 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

If official I'd love to slide / pay in full right now for an SLE BTTF at the time of release, & actually get the SLE for MSRP. I doubt I'll be able to obtain one as allocation will be slim unobtanium for MSRP unless you know someone (presumably 88 of them). Most likely on the second hand inflation pinside marketplace is where I'll need to go...

/begin vent

This is an issue that I have about buying NIB pins the last few years. If you want an SLE, or Collectors Edition, you have to get in day 1 or just a few days later or you will probably miss out. Even Rick and Morty was gone in a day. Seems that the "play it first, and then buy it" are gone. If you want it you better get in on in fast or you will miss out. It is so bad I keep a close eye on what is coming out so I can order ASAP as soon as the announcement is made. Some are even having distributors hold 'possible' games with a deposit. And there are some deep pockets in this hobby now where the 'high prices' aren't much of a deterrent for them.

So for people that want to hold off and play it first you will likely be unable to get MSRP on a SLE, LE or CE version and will have to 'settle'? for a PRO or Premium model.

/end vent

#15374 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I'm torn on who I want to produce BTTF...JJP could be epic but the wait and flipping / pricing would be next level crazy. Stern could nail the production but cut the game for the BOM. Either way - good luck getting an LE or CE if it ever comes to fruition. They're probably already spoken for on the inside track lists. My guess is you'd see Pinside listings starting at 30K

This was my point earlier in this thread. If you want the top end version of some of these dream themes forget waiting to play it first. You will have to lock-in your buy on announcements. Kind of sad.

#15556 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Did someone here use "Double Back Past" BTTF font or did Stern?
[quoted image]

I thought someone here doctored it up...not positive though

2 weeks later
#16187 3 years ago

Unfortunately they will still ask for 8K for it. Joking aside, these prices are getting way out of hand.

#16300 3 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Did I miss it or was the title not announced?

Nope. Still a combination of wild guessing, and hopes that Stern will pick their favorite theme for pinball.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16343 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

I got a tip this morning that we're looking at a mid-May announcement of the next game: Lassie.

I wonder if that is the code name for Godzilla. It is kind of close to the name 'Lizzie' which is the Godzilla like monster in the 80s video game Rampage.

(Trying to connect the dots that aren't there)

#16408 3 years ago

I always considered classic rock to be rock music from the 60s and 70s. But that is probably technically incorrect.

It may be a rolling range - rock music made over 40 years ago. For example, rock music made today in 2060 would be called 'classic rock'?

#16457 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

How many of those kids can afford to throw 8 gs at a pin? Not many. Sure they put $10 bucks into whatever pin they want, but they arent going home and ordering NIB.

Hell, I can't afford to throw 8K at a game either and I am 48.....but I do anyway

#16941 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I got my G’NR CE mid February, "0" Issues fortunately, playfield 100% in perfect shape after 3 months playing non stop this game.
The issues that you mention are just normal issues like in any Stern, CGC, or Jersey.... and I don’t care about the value short/long term at all, this game is bolted besides my Yellow Brick Road. Personally I consider myself lucky to have this game at home (Obviously my personal taste, and my humble POV).
[quoted image][quoted image]
And I wish that "JAWS" is the next Stern game by the way...

I would LOVE to have WOZ and GnR (though I would prefer the RR WOZ if I could pick). You are indeed lucky to have those

Back to this thread - I really like the SW Prem/LE and excited to see what the Mandalorian has for us. (though my short Stern wish list is LOTR or TRON VE, or BTTF)

#16960 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

With the Kentucky Derby coming up I was thinking about odds for the next Stern theme .Does this seem about right ? 1) Back to the Future 3/1. 2)Godzilla vs Kong 4/1. 3)Mortal Kombat 6/1. 4)Mandolorian. 7/1. 4)Jaws 8/1. 5)Harry Potter 10/1. 6)Girls Gone Wild 50/1. 7)Welk 80/1

Give me Mandalorian (not Mandolorian) to Win, and Back to the Future, Godzilla vs Kong, and Welk to Show.

Welk is my dark horse

EDIT: All this Kentucky Derby talk has got me thinking about bourbon. I'm off to get my Woodford Reserve Double Oaked (it is Monday after all).

#16978 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The book was WAY better. The movie was a travesty.
Do not bother with Armada. It's TERRIBLE.

Totally agree here. The movie was a bit of a disappointment after the book. But the special effects and seeing all the pop culture on screen was real eye candy for sure

I am not taking a chance on reading Armada - I heard that it was not a good read from many.

Quoted from seenev:

It's kind of pathetic how popular a book/movie is that basically contrives a plot where a character with the most useless set of skills and knowledge is a hero for it. The entire book felt like the author fantasizing about not being a total loser for investing his entire life in pop culture trivia and video games.

I never really thought about it that way, but I can see where you are going with that. It did, at times, feel like the author was a bit over the top with explaining every little geeky detail though - as if the reader wasn't aware of what he was talking about. It also did feel very predictable on how it was going to end.

#17055 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:We are in a Stern thread discussing Sterns next title. People are comparing and have been comparing what Stern makes, with GNR and Pinside moderates my post as trolling!!! Lol, wow!
(I’ll write this differently then so it can’t be compared somehow cross posting or trolling. Ridiculous!)
When I was first introduced to pinball I was told Stern makes pinball machines for real pinball players and enthusiasts like Bally/Williams did, because the Bally/Williams team had most all gone over to Stern, after B/W went out of business. Which is true.
JJP began as a tiny competing company, which they still are, after nearly going out of business 3 times, if it wasn’t for the bailouts of the Abbot family, new owners now. So after trying to run 2 separate double the costs operations JJP wisely combined and located near Stern. This all costs incredible amounts of money to accomplish and is passed on to us the consumer of JJP in the form of very high prices on their products. It certainly is not because of high BOM costs. LEDs are very cheap. Plastics are very cheap as well. Both Stern and JJP overcharge for their product, but of the 2 Sterns is $4k to $7k cheaper with not much more in any 3 level JJP than any 3 level Stern. They do have more, but not this next level “raised the bar” claimed by JJP fanboys. And shot wise, put any modern day Stern against the only 6 JJP has made in over a dozen years and one quickly realizes, shots are not so good compared to a Borg, Richie, Gomez, Elwin or Eddy layout. Pat does some good shooting layouts, but his 2 efforts with JJP are not his best, because the ball gets lost much of the time on both layouts and has issues. Eric’s 2 efforts look good, but don’t shoot all that well. Ball meanders all over the place on POTC, gets lost and does not flow all that well on GNR, but he’s still learning with so little experience under his belt compared to all the other designers mentioned above that have been making great pinball designs many years before he was even born.
If we are being realists, a Stern outperforms and shoots better than any JJP, simply because Stern makes machines for the actual sport of pinball and real pinball enthusiasts. Whereas JJP makes pinball for collectors that like a lot of lights, plastic and don’t mind that all that plastic hides the ball a great deal of the time. Collectors have a different idea on pinball and like the look more than the actual gameplay. So that is my reasons of why I’m glad Stern is making these next big titles, like Mando, Godzilla, BTTF and not any of the small way less experienced companies like JJP.

LMFAO!

#17066 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I will go with that invitation to get Mando excited. Thanks.

Wait...did you say Mando or Mongo??? I was hoping for a Blazing Saddles pin.

1 week later
#17522 2 years ago

You guys wouldn't know a good pin if it swims up and bites you in the ass!

#17691 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We disagree.
I still like you otherwise, though.

Quoted from Rarehero:

This isn’t an agree/disagree thing. I get that you think it’s a good idea & that you want it. I want a CGC Big Bang Bar...and while it could happen, I don’t know that it will. You’re spreading disinformation by presenting it as an absolute fact that it’s actively being developed.

Who knows if there will be another vault or not? The new stuff seems to be flying off the shelf right now, whatever Stern is making.

If they ever do get around to doing another vault - it would not be surprising if they selected LOTR or TRON.

For all we know they MAY be working on it right now? MAY not. Sounds like one of you thinks it may, and the other thinks it will not. The point is neither of you know if it will happen or not; hell maybe not even Stern right now.

#17702 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I wish Munsters was amazing...I loved the show when I was a kid, the theme music is awesome, and the B&W Premium is one of the most gorgeous games I’ve ever seen.
So many pins with themes I love, but ultimately I won’t buy...GB, Munsters, GOTG, TMNT. Makes me a little sad.

I have to agree with Rarehero on this. The Munsters isn't very good (to me), though I think TMNT isn't too shabby.

#18046 2 years ago
Quoted from DeprivedFallacy:

Reckon there will be an option to later buy or change out the plastic ramps to metal on pro will only by pro if I can get metal ramps at a later date

I wonder if it is the same size as the premium model and you can just buy one of those to replace the plastic one on the pro? Probably not.

#18049 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

What is the NEXT Stern Theme?

If they were backed up before this certainly didn't help as it looks to be a winner with a good theme. I am hearing Godzilla is next based on just rumors (though I would like to see a Vault sprinkled in this year - but looking doubtful).

4 weeks later
#18754 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I asked at a distributer he said he already has too many people on the list for the next LE.
Basically imo unless you have a good connection it’ll be super hard to get an LE at list price unless Stern does something different which I don’t see happening. Oh well it’s probably premium for me from here on.

Yeah, I kind of made a post about this a few months ago. With pinball getting really hot right now - gone are the days of play it, think about it, and then buy. If you are interested in the game, and you want a collectors (or in some cases an LE), you will need to buy first, and play later. And when I say buy first - you will need to buy it day of formal announcement. Kind of sad, but these new pins are 'selling like hotcakes'. In fact, as you guys know the manufacturing can't even keep up with demand.

#18758 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Used prices are sky high and so nib prices don’t look so bad anymore.

Quote of the month right here!

#18767 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

How you guys know it’s godzilla? Im an stern insider but dindt read anything about this. Whats the point to be an insider then…

Stern holds new title development so close to the vest I don't think there is any benefits at all to being an 'insider' for Stern on this.

2 weeks later
#18850 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I'm hearing Stern may only launch one more game this year - Keith's. Pretty similar to last year's 3 announcements with 2 available in the year and the 3rd available early the following year.

Seems valid. I was hoping for a vault sprinkled in sometime this year. But if they are kicking out new pins - that are hits - then keep on trucking with the new stuff.

#18865 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Looks like another IMVE run for this years vault ?[quoted image]

Interesting. I may have to snag it this time around.

WAIT. Holy Shit - 9500 bucks? Never mind. Seriously, a new Stern PRO is almost 10K??? Really!?

1 week later
#18992 2 years ago

Quote (resized).pngQuote (resized).png

Wait a minute. You call him out - correctly - about not altering other pinsiders quotes.

Then you go and do the same thing, and make it worse with an over the top comment about eating from his own ass!? Talk about foul - WTF! Just don't mess with anyone's quotes - ever.

There are at least two things you never do:

1. Change another persons Pinside quotes ... and
2. Mess with another mans fries.

#19015 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:I just know that he is not coding this game and that Charlie’s son, who is fresh out of high school wrote the rules for Halloween / UM. Eric and Bowen are acting as consultants on these games but I doubt we’ll see a deeply coded game here as they are not the ones grinding it out full time.

Let’s see how the code is before you assume it is bad or shallow. Mozart was 8 when he did his first symphony. Obviously different things, but don’t focus on age and rather judge the product after seeing it.

#19023 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

The Archer train has sailed. It hasnt been good in years now and its peak popularity was about 4yrs ago. I oove me some Archer but its not timeless and its not current any more so....
Also, Maiden is amazing and many owners would say its a "bolted to the floor" game so a (deskin?) isnt very likely at this point imo.

I agree. This design will be for IMDN only. Though I do wish it was an archer theme from the get go. Either way, on with the next design

- or maybe a vault. (Other than Iron Man - though another run isn't a bad idea)

#19062 2 years ago

I wouldn't mind seeing a BTTF as well...but like someone else said earlier Stern can't / won't get good audio/video/voice assets - so it will likely suck ass!

#19090 2 years ago

I would settle for a Transformers G1 reskin of the existing Transformers pin.

But I would really like it if they did a new design for G1. The music, art, and call outs would be so so nice!

2 months later
#21756 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Hate to say it, but I’ve actually been fondly reminiscing about old school photo shop art.
Also hate to say it, but I’m serious.

I do like them to mix it up - with some pins using movie theme assets/images and other pins using hand drawn.

1 month later
#22690 2 years ago
Quoted from horse_cop:

I would buy a vault LOtR so fast

Same for TRON, but I think Stern is set for a good while with the new builds - and they seem to have a few queued up right behind them.

Except for the Iron Man VE that Stern is doing now I don't expect any other VEs until 2023 or later.

#22704 2 years ago

haha, I meant to use niche and was thinking about the word kitsch too, so wrote ... quiche
Stern art has risen to a level where it needs to be. Today we can celebrate the death of using photoshopped art to mess up a perfectly good theme. (I think the Pin still uses photoshop work, and that is fine by me). Some pinball themes with plenty of egg that are prime for pinball ... Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure, Simpson’s Treehouse of Horror, Hellboy/2(original).

Photoshop still works for some themes in my opinion. For some themes hand drawn is the way to go.

I would like to see Simpson's Treehouse of Horror as well. That would be very fun.

#22725 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Agree. I am totally saturated with Marvel and Star Wars. Its not that I hate them… I just need a few years break.

I am ok with that...but can we also take a break from rock bands too?

1 month later
#24263 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Might be a hint on the next the way it was presented .

Interesting take...but I don't think so. But who knows?

2 weeks later
#24735 2 years ago
Quoted from dzmechanical:

The DAD rock bands, a lot of them are still touring and filling up stadiums.....
I don't think Justin Bieber could fill a stadium.....

Unfortunately I bet he could

#24736 2 years ago

Besides Dad Rock bands are more like todays Imagine Dragons or Coldplay, they certainly would sell out huge venues, and become Dad Rock themselves 20 to 30 years down the road

#24739 2 years ago

Actually after this Rush pin maybe they should take a break from rock pins for a while…please

3 months later
#26909 1 year ago

Still hoping for a TRON vault too, but it seems like having a good pin on the line at Stern has been going strong for years now and no sign of slowing down. So that really hurts the TRON or LOTR vault hopes.

1 month later
#27743 1 year ago

What a crock, and what the hell is this doing in a pinball thread!? There are tons of crappy conspiracy sites out there. Don’t bring that stuff in here please.

1 month later
#28596 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Imagine being "Ozzy" and being forced to slum it, signing junk for fans at some Comicon, just to keep the fam on the payroll.

Ozzy is so rich it is insane. If he is there is is almost certainly for the fans.

1 week later
#29026 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

Until you donate to pinside your opinion doesn’t really matter! The rest of us are having a conversation!

I, like most, that donate to Pinside do so to help with the hosting and maintenance costs - not the right to make posts.

All pinball enthusiast and fan opinions should be valued - whether we agree with them or not - or if they make donations or not.

#29028 1 year ago

Not sure I am a fan of crossing the streams on the combining of the Hot Wheels and Mario Cart themes....but if you like it that's all that matters

#29036 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

A new transformers pin but 80-90s themed would be cool.
Not sure why that came to mind

My name is Goronic - and I approve this message

2 weeks later
#29776 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I think he has a form of dementia. He should not be touring anymore, he is not well.
Sad, I was a fan of his solo work especially.

Yeap. I become a bigger David Gilmore fan every time I see or hear Rodger…

#30275 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Dune was published in 1965. Still the greatest single SF novel ever written.

Totally agree!

4 weeks later
#32996 1 year ago

Take off you hosers!

#33063 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Really awful take here. As someone who spends many thousands of dollars to bring pinball to people who otherwise can’t afford to own I’m actually pretty offended. Pinball would not be thriving as well as it without the resurgence of location pinball and the operators who grind it out for the pure love of it. The major reason operators get the pros are that they come off the line first and we are the first to get them AND the lack of unique mechs tends to keep games running well longer with minimal maintenance. Do I buy premiums for home? Yeah. Are home buyers important too? Yeah. It’s all important for the pinball ecosystem. Stern knows this and that is one of the reasons they are so successful.

Well I’m offended that you’re offended.

Joking aside, good point on pros being easier to maintain due to fewer mechs (usually) for operators

#33158 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Some random bird book author.
[quoted image]

Wait...and this sombitch gets a pinball machine!

3 weeks later
#33640 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

Office Space would be better[quoted image]

1 week later
#33749 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Oh, and yeah, next 3 cornerstones in 2023:
Top Gun Maverick,
BTTF (for crujones4life, again, everyone deserves some happiness!),
An in-between non-cornerstone Tron VE (that one for me!),
Then anyone's pick of a solid horror/fantasy pinball because it's been a while for Stern, such as Army of Darkness or Evil Dead.

If that happens I would absolutely love it.

2 months later
#34999 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

No third cornerstone this year, according to George on a couple of the podcasts he said 2 cornerstones this year. Eddy/Dwight and Danger/Tanio with ZY on the art for both.

Maybe a vault this year?

#35083 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Was TRON poorly received? I thought it was well regarded (to the point of over-rated, IMO).

If it were TRON I doubt Zach would have said it wasn’t well received. If Zach did say that then I think it rules out TRON.

3 months later
#37065 12 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

OK so the latest rumor is that Venom might not be next?

Fingers crossed for TRON vault

3 weeks later
#37225 11 months ago

10K by Christmas used to be a joke…WTH happened!?…just sayin’ :/

2 weeks later
#37329 10 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

I know the next 6 games and not bttf unfortunately. I can’t say anything else so don’t ask but not bttf.

Maybe a TRON vault….maybe…?

1 week later
#37477 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinbarclay:

LOTR?
Jaws
Take my money.

I’m guessing TRON before LOTR for vault. But either would be a home run.

#37527 10 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

There will be no vault of GB. It's not happening.
We have venom, then a tron vault coming.

I would be over the moon happy, and certainly many many others

#37537 10 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

There will be no Tron vault, it’s not happening. We have a Venom and Jaws coming.

Seems like everyone knows what’s next and we are getting different information.

#37608 10 months ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

You left strippers/escorts/women and drugs off your list.

I didn’t

Bring on TRON VE

#37635 10 months ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

I'm not sure if I'm on board with Randy doing BTTF but it fits Jaws pretty well. I need Franchi on BTTF.

Agree 100 percent

#37869 9 months ago

All these posts and we are talking about Lego, intellectually challenging 80s toys, and zima….

#38076 9 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I live on Long Island, if there was ever a time to release JAWS now is the time to do it!
You hear that STERN?!?
https://www.businessinsider.com/5-shark-attacks-reported-long-island-new-york-8-2022-2023-7

Sounds like it’s on the way, should be a great pin if Keith is on it. He keeps making better and better playing games with every go of it. It’s certainly time for Jaws

#38295 9 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Venom is the next Stern pin? I don't get it, doesn't seem like that big of a theme but I must be out of the comic book loop. Venom has always come across as a B level super hero character IMO. What's next a Hawkeye pin? Hoping I'm wrong and this is a hit like Deadpool with a cool comic version of the theme.
Also, much rather have a Back to the Future pin That theme will print money.

I’ve always seen Venom as a top tier character in the Marvel universe. BTW, there are thousands of Marvel characters. Stan Lee has over 300 characters alone.

Also, I am with you on BTTF - that would do well on modern pinball tech. And TRON vault as well

1 week later
#38938 9 months ago

Yeah, OK, Vault please…

#39100 9 months ago

I'm starting to see buying pins (especially the premium and LE models) like I do performance/luxury cars. I let the guys with deeper pockets buy the latest (new) car, and then I pick it up 2 years later for a much lower price when they kick it to the curb and get the next latest greatest car.

I also do this with my home audio equipment. I have saved a TON on very good equipment using this technique. I am not going to spend a premium to be the first to have it. Unless it is a TRON vault - I will break my rule for that one!

2 weeks later
#39734 8 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

NIB
BTTF
Jaws
Scarface
Vault LCD's
Metallica
Tron
GB

Looks good to me, but maybe swap out Scarface with the matrix, and the ghostbusters vault with stranger things, though TRON vault is the nuts

#39834 8 months ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

Venom is a Marvel property with a video game like feature. That feature is arguably it's most innovative and enjoyable aspect.
While I agree with your opinion on Fortnite I disagree with a blanket "video games don't translate to pinball". If the theme is decent but the code/design/layout is good, the game will succeed. The video game industry revenue far exceeds motion picture revenue. It's an insanely popular hobby that absolutely marries well to pinball.

If they go video games it would have to be something like world of Warcraft. It appeals to gamers around the world and has a ton of great assets and characters that would be great in a pinball. And the IP is perfect for hand drawn art playfield and cabinet.

1 week later
#40295 8 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Weirdly enough I feel like a Toy Story pin that was just a celebration of the characters with an original pin narrative would feel more like Toy Story than TS4.

Totally agree. I was interested with the theme if done based on the first movie. Andy’s room, Sid, Pizza Planet, the Claw, Zerg, etc etc. Huge swing and a miss with a Toy Story 4 theme. Just awful. And I have played it, not good.

#40392 8 months ago

He can’t stay down with three barrels…not with three he can’t

1 month later
#41542 6 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yep Boobie. They need to do granite, pearl, sapphire, emerald, ruby, and an extremely limited “rare earth mineral” version of every game they have ever made.
Let’s go !

Actually I wouldn't mind having a ruby red WOZ. Don't want to pay for it though LOL

2 weeks later
#41974 5 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

By just making 50 side arts with a different pokemon on each side for the head, they can have well over 1000 combinations, making every LE actually unique. The cost to make them outrageously collectible like that would be next to nothing, big picture.

Very good idea, not sure if Pokemon would be something I could stomach for my house, but I am sure it would kill on location.

3 weeks later
#42543 5 months ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I've played air drums to Tom Sawyer - there, I've said it.

Who hasn’t

2 weeks later
#42881 4 months ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

BTTF is coming! Now I can spend a little time focusing on other games to bring to fruition. To speak/will into existence. Y'all are welcome for BTTF btw...
Also, don't hate...CELEBRATE!

Speaking into existence hasn't worked for TRON vault yet, but I’m still hoping. If you want to throw some of your magic in TRON it would be fine with me.

1 week later
#43230 4 months ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

The fact anyone sends that dude their money to begin with is laughable

I think it’s fine if he sees it as just entertainment, and not a factual news source. His money, though I wouldn’t.

2 weeks later
#43549 3 months ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Sure...and I'll contribute with this hot take:
Pokemon would be a much more entertaining/interesting theme if done properly and has way more Insider Connected potential

I hate that that’s right…but it probably is.

#43837 3 months ago

Still would like a TRON or LOTR vault with an LCD more…

#43905 3 months ago

Awesome to see ‘remastering’ of DMD games, I guess this is the new term for “vault with modern tech and display”.

Man I hope it’s TRON, LOTR, Star Trek, and/or Metallica!

#43991 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

The dream is to do the CGC thing and redo the dots in “HD” on a LCD screen with a DMD filter. That would make the new ones really stand out against the old ones.

The dream for me is LCD screen the size of current stern games.

#44134 3 months ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

This is why I can't buy Stranger Things. Wanted a premium, was all in on the new run and then I just couldn't take my eyes off of the Netflix logo. I don't need to pay Stern $9k+ to advertise to myself something I already pay for. No place for it really. I love the game and play it on location but I won't own it with the Netflix logo.

TRON has the Disney logo, are you saying that the licensor can’t have their logos on their IP? Not only does it not bother me, but honestly I would expect it.

1 week later
#44261 3 months ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Knapp Arcade had a very interesting post with a breakdown of Gomez's recent podcast appearance regarding DMD vaults
Bottom line, if you're holding your breath on a bunch of DMD vaults coming your way, keep holding it. Tron and LOTR seem like pipe dreams while GB remains a possibility only bc it'd be the"easiest" one
Feels like the idea of vaults made more sense when games were flying off the shelves, but maybe that's cooled a bit

That’s a damn shame..

4 weeks later
#45245 68 days ago

I’m still super excited about the dmd remasters
TRON, LOTR, Iron Man? Let’s gooooooooo!

1 month later
#45930 31 days ago

Any more leads, leaks, or updates on a possible TRON legacy vault/remaster?

#46116 27 days ago
Quoted from woodpost:

i've been a huge Pink Floyd fan for over 40 years. the only Pink Floyd pin i'd want to see is one based off of The Wall film and album. it's such a good story with so many great assets and a fantastic aesthetic to craft a pin around. another generic band pin just based off their discography wouldn't do it for me.

Quoted from John-Floyd:

Given I am a Floyd nut, I’d prefer to see a greatest hits pin and not just one tied to a particular album. There are plenty of great tunes that would fit pinball from Piper at the Gates of Dawn all the way through the division Bell. Still hoping, but not counting on it!

With Waters and Gilmour borderline hating each orther licensing would be a nightmare. And The Wall being so much Waters it would likely be a no go for Gilmour. Darkside based maybe due to the overwhelming success of it. I think a Pink Floyd pin is DOA TBH. And they are my favorite band.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goronic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=goronic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.