Buffy (resized).jpg
enjoy your balls.gif
balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 680 of 924.
#33951 1 year ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Top Gun with tons of flowy ramps and orbits, no pops and non stop shooting and a killer soundtrack.

But they would have include all the music and get a license for about everything.

#33952 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

But they would have include all the music and get a license for about everything.

That’s their job... They want my money? Do the work to get the IP!

#33953 1 year ago

The next Stern…what ever the title it is, it’s going to be MARVELous!

#33954 1 year ago

My educated guesses on the next Stern Pin are:

Godzilla Home Pin! Revealed in the next 30 days.

Stern Venom Pin! Revealed early January. Featuring music by Ozzy Ozbourne.

My only want is Harry Potter. All my other dream themes have been made.

#33955 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Godzilla home pin already. The demand for the regular and Premium is still very high. Why slow it down??

#33956 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

Godzilla home pin already. The demand for the regular and Premium is still very high. Why slow it down??

You can "mostly" get a pro now. Premium is on backorder, but the order to ship time is shrinking. There is a different market for pins at $4,000 than there is at $7500 and $9500. Even though the HomePins may be cheaper, I'm not sure there may be that much of a difference in profit for machine built. I would also think there may be the possibility to build more of them simply due to the fact they use less node boards, which seems to have been the bottleneck for some time.

#33957 1 year ago

You can "mostly" get a pro now. Premium is on backorder, but the order to ship time is shrinking. There is a different market for pins at $4,000 than there is at $7500 and $9500. Even though the HomePins may be cheaper, I'm not sure there may be that much of a difference in profit for machine built. I would also think there may be the possibility to build more of them simply due to the fact they use less node boards, which seems to have been the bottleneck for some time.

Except now, Home pins are $5k and not $4k. So basically, they are right up against what Pros cost, not even a year or 2 ago.

#33958 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Except now, Home pins are $5k and not $4k. So basically, they are right up against what Pros cost, not even a year or 2 ago.

True. I will say Pinside in general is not the target market for those. Plenty of people would be excited by a Home Pin as their first "real" pin. People buy stuff like this, play it 50 times, and leave it as a cool decoration in the man cave until the rubbers rot off.

#33959 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

I think they really only need two or three songs, just the right ones. I'd be fine if they do the Apollo 13 translite move and make the flight helmet reflective instead of showing Tom Cruise. I'm fine without the actors.

A Top Gun with Elwin's crazy wireforms would be insane. Some VUKs and Captain Marvel like shots sending the ball everywhere at hard banked angles.

I think it would be super cool to have rules with flight missions where you have an ammo and fuel gauge. Using the flippers use ammo, holding the flippers use fuel. You get a bonus for finishing the mission and landing with extra fuel and ammo (or on hardcore mode, you fail the mission when you are out of ammo and your flippers die when you run out of fuel). Sort of like Operation Thunder, but only for certain modes and not the entire game.

#33960 1 year ago

I know this sounds crazy but what about a Christmas pin?

#33961 1 year ago
Quoted from DarthPaul:

Im down with that, ONLY if this is the only song played the whole time.

#33962 1 year ago

Time to put on the Matlock Hat and figure out the next Stern. The clues are: it is a music pin, perhaps Eddy up in the lineup, due to be announced late December.

Lots of rumors in the air... Billy Joel, Elton John, Ozzy, Van Halen

We need to sit down and get to the bottom of this one-inquiring minds want to know
Matlock (resized).jpgMatlock (resized).jpgWhos Matlock.gifWhos Matlock.gif

#33963 1 year ago
Quoted from DarthPaul:

Would love to see home alone, lampoons Xmas vacation, or elf. All of those movies have perfect moments built into them that lend themselves to pinball.

#33964 1 year ago

Wow, it's even hard to get a Godzilla Pro in Australia. The containers sold out and no ETA on the next lot.

#33965 1 year ago
unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg
#33966 1 year ago

The next stern pin is still Bond. Since…it’s STILL not come yet.

Quoted from pinmister:

Time to put on the Matlock Hat and figure out the next Stern. The clues are: it is a music pin, perhaps Eddy up in the lineup, due to be announced late December.
We need to sit down and get to the bottom of this one-inquiring minds want to know
[quoted image][quoted image]

#33967 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Elton John is JJP right?

And Bon Jovi has been mentioned a fair bit for Stern, and Foo Fighters of course.

#33968 1 year ago

Not sure on the Godzilla home pin, I think the market is still super strong for the other versions. Ozzy on Venom would be great but it would have to be an Elwin pin to get my money pre release. For Harry Potter I think Jersey Jack would do better with that theme. Great ideas

#33969 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

[quoted image]

Eagles would be great but music is not fast enough. Think Crazy Train energy.

#33970 1 year ago

I think they should make a Godzilla home pin based off the Jurassic Park home pin. It seems like a no brainer? Replace the dino with a Godzilla sculpt. The jump ramp dressed up like a broken bridge works for both themes. All the major shots could be a different kaiju. Recycle the basic rules of shoot each shot a couple times to start the scoring feature, then shoot it some more to finish it. Play some of the many clips from the cornerstone. It seems like a great way to get more use out of that license.

Maybe for next Christmas season.

#33971 1 year ago

Gary called, and he still want to revisit the 80's.. your pick of Knight Rider, The A-Team or Miami Vice. Only the original stuff! Lol

#33972 1 year ago

To keep the 60s vibe going, the next music pin should be the Beach Boys.

#33973 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Gary called, and he still want to revisit the 80's.. your pick of Knight Rider, The A-Team or Miami Vice. Only the original stuff! Lol

My vote is A-Team, least it would make good modes and missions. Plus the actors had big personalities.

#33974 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

[quoted image]

Only if Felder is in

BB2CB2A6-2A0A-40DE-AB8F-951F2A34BC29 (resized).jpegBB2CB2A6-2A0A-40DE-AB8F-951F2A34BC29 (resized).jpeg
#33975 1 year ago

You just made this all up out of thin air. Who knows about profit margins or node boards or home pin sales numbers? Only Stern knows. Might as well say you think Stern will sell more pins because of the price of rice in China.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#33976 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

Only if Felder is in
[quoted image]

Yup missed the Eagles boat.

#33977 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Eagles would be great but music is not fast enough. Think Crazy Train energy.

Eagles is a top 5 band for me but I agree - it's not the best pin music.

#33978 1 year ago

Can you imagine the artwork on Megade

Quoted from kool1:

Eagles is a top 5 band for me but I agree - it's not the best pin music.

Yeah…Tequila Sunrise multiball, what a yawner. Love me some classic Eagles, though!

#33979 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

You just made this all up out of thin air. Who knows about profit margins or node boards or home pin sales numbers? Only Stern knows. Might as well say you think Stern will sell more pins because of the price of rice in China.

He didn't make anything up.

There are different people buying different prices pins. Fact.

Home pins use less of everything, including node boards. Fact

Node boards were (maybe still are) a huge issue in production. Also fact.

And he was speculating about margins.

And how do you know he doesn't know? He didn't make anything up.

#33980 1 year ago

G.I. JOE

The old cartoon version.

#33981 1 year ago

SABBATH

DE496D37-91A6-42DB-A4B8-EFFD7D124627 (resized).jpegDE496D37-91A6-42DB-A4B8-EFFD7D124627 (resized).jpeg
#33982 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Lol

#33983 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Why not just make twice as many home pins then? Because nobody wants those shitty pins. Who knows about profit margins, sales, or demand but Stern? Why speculate as you call it if WE WILL NEVER KNOW?

#33984 1 year ago

Stern is moving to a larger building nearby next year.

"Under an agreement approved by the village board this week, Stern Pinball will get the funds in installments over at least the next six years as part of its move to a renovated 163,875-square-foot warehouse at 1001 Busse Road."
"Johnson touted the TIF deal as an overall benefit for the sprawling business park, since Stern's move will prompt upgrades to a building that's at least a decade old, while a data center that shares Stern's current building will have room to expand. Stern's new facility also will have a showroom and retail store."
"The lease is set to begin in October 2023."

https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20221117/8-million-quarters-to-continue-playing-elk-grove-gives-stern-pinball-incentive-to-stay-in-town-expand

#33985 1 year ago

Hi Gary
Hi Jack
Hi Charlie

IP Gold List:

Cobra Kai
Lego
Bruce Lee
Rambo
Scooby Doo
FiFa World Cup
NFL
Eastwood
Gilligan's Island
Journey
Venom
E.T.
BTTF
Wonder Woman
Mad Max/Gaslands
Cornhole Challenge
Code name: Pencil
Code Name: Speed

#33986 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Stern is moving to a larger building nearby next year.
"Under an agreement approved by the village board this week, Stern Pinball will get the funds in installments over at least the next six years as part of its move to a renovated 163,875-square-foot warehouse at 1001 Busse Road."
"Johnson touted the TIF deal as an overall benefit for the sprawling business park, since Stern's move will prompt upgrades to a building that's at least a decade old, while a data center that shares Stern's current building will have room to expand. Stern's new facility also will have a showroom and retail store."
"The lease is set to begin in October 2023."
https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20221117/8-million-quarters-to-continue-playing-elk-grove-gives-stern-pinball-incentive-to-stay-in-town-expand

Thanks for posting this. I thought their move was more imminent than apparently it is. Looks like the new location is literally right down the street from the current factory.

Google street view:
https://tinyurl.com/mr2btrv2

#33987 1 year ago

A few theme ideas:

Clue, MST3K, The Tick, Babylon 5, Seven Samurai, Men in Black, Battletech/Mechwarrior, Voltron, Blackbeard (this might be more of an American Pinball one)

#33988 1 year ago

The main issue with almost all sub tier themes going forward, few if any will pay $13k for them. ($14,5k with tax and shipping) It’ll have to be a title buyers are totally in love with or BTTF, lol.

#33989 1 year ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Hi Gary
Hi Jack
Hi Charlie
IP Gold List:
Cobra Kai
Lego
Bruce Lee
Rambo
Scooby Doo
FiFa World Cup
NFL
Eastwood
Gilligan's Island
Journey
Venom
E.T.
BTTF
Wonder Woman
Mad Max/Gaslands
Cornhole Challenge
Code name: Pencil
Code Name: Speed

Obviously buying BTTF. Love to see a Rambo, Cobra Kai, or Lego pin. Lego could be incredible.

#33990 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Obviously buying BTTF. Love to see a Rambo, Cobra Kai, or Lego pin. Lego could be incredible.

Could be incredibly boring. Legos? Come on

#33991 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Could be incredibly boring. Legos? Come on

I see the potential. Lego master builder collecting pieces to build kits and make vehicles and upgrades to complete missions. Lego movie theme. Double decker couch! And spaceship spaceship SPACESHIP! Find the piece of resistance and Kragle wizard mode hurry up.

#33992 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I see the potential. Lego master builder collecting pieces to build kits and make vehicles and upgrades to complete missions. Lego movie theme. Double decker couch! And spaceship spaceship SPACESHIP! Find the piece of resistance and Kragle wizard mode hurry up.

Nice

#33993 1 year ago

I think it is finally time …. Time for a NickelBack machine ….

Won’t be repetitive at all !

#33994 1 year ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

I think it is finally time …. Time for a NickelBack machine ….
Won’t be repetitive at all !

Consider this a downvote.
(Bonus points if you guess the movie this [altered] quote was stolen from)

#33995 1 year ago

Since there is still a chip shortage. Do you think the new norm for stern would be 2 cornerstones a year instead of 3? They are playing catch up on almost everything. It seems like this might be a reality so they can clear their backlog.

#33996 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

A few theme ideas:
Clue, MST3K, The Tick, Babylon 5, Seven Samurai, Men in Black, Battletech/Mechwarrior, Voltron, Blackbeard (this might be more of an American Pinball one)

Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap.

CrappyCrap (resized).jpgCrappyCrap (resized).jpg
#33997 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Since there is still a chip shortage. Do you think the new norm for stern would be 2 cornerstones a year instead of 3? They are playing catch up on almost everything. It seems like this might be a reality so they can clear their backlog.

For 2023, I think it is very possible. They haven't even revealed the 60th anniversary James Bond game yet, and those will probably not be made until January or so. Whatever game they skipped in 2022 is probably ready to go, but they don't have the capacity or parts to make everything right now.

#33998 1 year ago

Stern's budget -- including building upgrades, prep work, move-in costs, and equipment and furniture -- is $6.5 million, and its lease is $26 million, according to an exhibit of the agreement. The lease is set to begin in October 2023.

Wow Stern has some big plans for the next ten years. Hoping they can keep finding attractive themes? Only a certain amount of grandpa rock bands left to choose from, everyone seems burned out on superheros and most of the TV/Movies of today are not pin worthy. How long can they tap into nostalgia?

My other thought is the price of machines going forward. They need to cover a lot of operational cost-and then keep it going and maintain it. Lots of big dollar salaries to support. The demand for pinball is coming back and the European market seems like it is growing rapidly as well. Glad pinball is growing-just hoping Stern can keep producing desirable themes with awesome layouts.

#33999 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Stern's budget -- including building upgrades, prep work, move-in costs, and equipment and furniture -- is $6.5 million, and its lease is $26 million, according to an exhibit of the agreement. The lease is set to begin in October 2023.
Wow Stern has some big plans for the next ten years. Hoping they can keep finding attractive themes? Only a certain amount of grandpa rock bands left to choose from, everyone seems burned out on superheros and most of the TV/Movies of today are not pin worthy. How long can they tap into nostalgia?
My other thought is the price of machines going forward. They need to cover a lot of operational cost-and then keep it going and maintain it. Lots of big dollar salaries to support. The demand for pinball is coming back and the European market seems like it is growing rapidly as well. Glad pinball is growing-just hoping Stern can keep producing desirable themes with awesome layouts.

I would love to see an original IP. I know that could be a big miss if the theme is a dud. Stern has been around and knows what they are doing so who knows. I could only imagine how much they pay for the IPs they use.

#34000 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I would love to see an original IP

It really depends on the IP. Dialed In-awesome game but shitty theme. I always have had the thought of what if Dialed in theme was a ______ instead. What about just generic characters? Would Stern need to pay someone to do a Dracula(without movie association) or a King Kong, generic Pirate theme, the list goes on. Is there a IP gray area that would still attract people?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 65.00
Cabinet Parts
Pin-Tools.com
Cabinet parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
There are 46,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 680 of 924.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/680 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.