IMG_5636 (resized).jpeg
invasion-of-astro-monster-1612225515556 (resized).jpg
IMG_2760 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240523_082908_Messages (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7809720_0.gif
bmx (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 48,236 posts in this topic. You are on page 942 of 965.
#47051 36 days ago

Mike V or Tim Sexton would be my guess

#47052 36 days ago

About a year and a half ago I found out Randy Martinez had just started working on art for a new pinball machine. Wonder if it's Wick, or maybe the rumored shelved Indiana Jones. Seems like an awfully long lead time without something weird having happened somewhere along the line.

#47053 36 days ago

I‘d like a new Indy Pin IF they have a cool idea toy/designwise for it.

(I‘m still bummed that TMNT got a spinning Pizza as the main toy - AGAIN!)

#47054 36 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Mike V or Tim Sexton would be my guess

With Tim mentioned as doing the code for it, I bet it is our pal MKV. Good for him.

#47055 36 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep, fair point. For me that still isn't worth the $3,300 price gap to get it sooner. Game might be mostly played out in a year with a decent chance I'm ready to move on to another game by then.

Well said .le prices are out of control

#47056 36 days ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

For the record I still think a cornerstone game is due out on or around 18 May based on previous release schedules, with a strong hunch we hear more 9 May. [quoted image]

I was told they'll be announcing it next week and shipping location Pros early in May. If MXV is the designer, that is a net positive, I think. His contributions on the software and expression lighting side have been very good.

#47057 36 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I was told they'll be announcing it next week and shipping location Pros early in May

Not buying it whatever it is, but new pinball release is always fun.

IMG_1540 (resized).jpegIMG_1540 (resized).jpeg
#47058 36 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I was told they'll be announcing it next week and shipping location Pros early in May. If MXV is the designer, that is a net positive, I think. His contributions on the software and expression lighting side have been very good.

#47059 35 days ago

From Pinball Paparazzi

FB_IMG_1713992383846 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1713992383846 (resized).jpg
#47060 35 days ago

So the next Stern is JOHN WICK.

Interesting!
It will definitely look good besides Johnny Mnemonic

#47061 35 days ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I‘d like a new Indy Pin IF they have a cool idea toy/designwise for it.
(I‘m still bummed that TMNT got a spinning Pizza as the main toy - AGAIN!)

Total respect for your preferences. For me it’s about updated code and game play and less about toys. An new Indy pint is top of my list.

#47062 35 days ago

Don’t forget too you have to pay for le in full a month ahead then stern will say there is a delay and then another month they have your $13k.

#47063 35 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

From Pinball Paparazzi
[quoted image]

Very nice, I really like the first movie and the second.
Congratulations to those for whom this title is a dream theme!

I got my last game just the past month(so i’m still in my honeymoon phase obviously ) and I closed my small collection with 6 games, if it weren't for that I would buy a John Wick without hesitation

#47064 35 days ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

About a year and a half ago I found out Randy Martinez had just started working on art for a new pinball machine.

crujones4life

IMG_1903 (resized).jpegIMG_1903 (resized).jpeg
#47065 35 days ago

Wick = some great ass kicking action.

If they drop a “masters of the universe” I’m turning in my official Stern army card

#47066 35 days ago

Are they making another Wick movie?

Anyone dream of a Battletoads or Earthworm Jim machine like I do?

#47067 35 days ago
Quoted from Bordillo:

Either one would be great, but EWJ would be very difficult to resist pressing the insta-buy button.

#47068 35 days ago

I'll be in on a John Wick Pinball for sure.

I was kinda thinking that it was Borg, but pretty excited to hear that it may be MXV with TSX on code.
If Mike can come up with a fresh layout such as Jack did with Foo, its gonna be awesome. Mike is a massive audio/music enthusiast and he's work with light shows is brilliant.
Tim has plenty of talent with killer code and is a master of rules, so no doubt this team could bring something special to the table.
If Randy I'm sure he will come up with some cool art. Purple, red and black will feature prediominatly is my guess.

The cut scenes with thumping audio could be sensational.
I'm always seeking immersion on a pinball and great audio is key to this.

Dream theme for me but disappointingly unlikely I will get an LE as the LE price point is unreasonable and not worth the crazy price.

John Wick
Bring it on Stern Pinball

Screenshot_20240425_124423_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240425_124423_Google (resized).jpg

#47069 35 days ago
Quoted from Bordillo:

Wick will be the new Fast and Furious. They already have 4 Wick movies in 9 years, Fast and Furious had 4 movies in 9 years. Both franchises started with a semi-unique plot and then became very generic in a short time. Both have well established movie stars who can phone it in for an action flick every couple years for a nice payday.

There will be plenty more Wick movies

#47070 35 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

Call me skeptical they are exactly the same as ELs - I have sent an inquiry.
Synced to music and synced to the code 2 different things.

Maybe possible.. who knows?

No need to be skeptical, they grab the Expression Lighting data signal from the node board that is needed for the Expression Lighting and send it to the undercab and behind the backbox lights. So, they show the same thing as the Expression Lights are showing. The thing is, you need to already have the Expression Lights (or at least the node board that works the Expression Lights) for them to work with the Expression Lights.

As for the Jaws LE Speaker Expression Lights.....Stern did a really poor job on them. Going along with the game code is really all they have going for them. They have 23 LEDs stuck on a ring that is smaller than it should be.... which pokes the LEDs out into the speaker hole area farther than it should. This makes it so you can see each individual bulb all the way around the trim design ring. It also makes it so there is 23 bulbs in the ring instead of 24. Having an odd number of LEDs is weird, because you can't just light half of them...though, since they are doing their own programming, it's not the worst thing. What IS the worst thing is that they decided to split their data signal between the two speaker lights instead of chaining them together. This means that both light rings have to be lit the same at all times. All they would have needed to have done was to add a 3" piece of wire to come out of the left light ring to run over to the right one....and they could have programmed each light ring to light differently.

As someone, that I am expecting, has put more thought into pinball speaker lighting than anyone else in the world....I really can't understand how they botched them like they did. The LEDs should have been IN the light rings and not just stuck to them. The rings should have been bigger and out of the way more. That would have allowed for 24 LEDs to be in each ring (the same number as each row of Expression Lights in the music pins as a matter of fact) and, most importantly the data signal should not have been split between the 2 light rings. As I said, all they have going for them is that they can be changed by the games code.

As far as that goes....does anyone else think the "blood" filling the "water" should fill the speakers from the bottom up at various levels instead of filling them up like a gauge?

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#47071 35 days ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

No need to be skeptical, they grab the Expression Lighting data signal from the node board that is needed for the Expression Lighting and send it to the undercab and behind the backbox lights. So, they show the same thing as the Expression Lights are showing. The thing is, you need to already have the Expression Lights (or at least the node board that works the Expression Lights) for them to work with the Expression Lights.
As for the Jaws LE Speaker Expression Lights.....Stern did a really poor job on them. Going along with the game code is really all they have going for them. They have 23 LEDs stuck on a ring that is smaller than it should be.... which pokes the LEDs out into the speaker hole area farther than it should. This makes it so you can see each individual bulb all the way around the trim design ring. It also makes it so there is 23 bulbs in the ring instead of 24. Having an odd number of LEDs is weird, because you can't just light half of them...though, since they are doing their own programming, it's not the worst thing. What IS the worst thing is that they decided to split their data signal between the two speaker lights instead of chaining them together. This means that both light rings have to be lit the same at all times. All they would have needed to have done was to add a 3" piece of wire to come out of the left light ring to run over to the right one....and they could have programmed each light ring to light differently.
As someone, that I am expecting, has put more thought into pinball speaker lighting than anyone else in the world....I really can't understand how they botched them like they did. The LEDs should have been IN the light rings and not just stuck to them. The rings should have been bigger and out of the way more. That would have allowed for 24 LEDs to be in each ring (the same number as each row of Expression Lights in the music pins as a matter of fact) and, most importantly the data signal should not have been split between the 2 light rings. As I said, all they have going for them is that they can be changed by the games code.
As far as that goes....does anyone else think the "blood" filling the "water" should fill the speakers from the bottom up at various levels instead of filling them up like a gauge?

Any chance you are working on something better for jaws that would integrate with the game?

#47072 35 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

crujones4life
[quoted image]

Screenshot_20220125-011842_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220125-011842_Facebook (resized).jpg
#47073 35 days ago

John Borg John Wick 2024

#47074 35 days ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Thanks for pointing out Sterns first attempt at speaker lights engineering flaws Doug.
You are correct 100%
Stern has the resources to get it right.
My guess its about cost mitigation or perhaps they rushed it ?

#47075 35 days ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I got an email back from Mezel Mods - yes you need Stern ELs for any of their Rush mods to work. That makes more sense. I didn't
believe you could just "tap the code" that easily.

I personally liked Jaws LE speakers effects but to be fair you are far more detail oriented than I would be. You did a great job with my GZ speaker upgrades so I will definitely give you the benefit of the doubt that they could be much better! More cost cutting I suppose.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#47076 35 days ago

Lol Ichuckle blocked me after he embarrassed himself and now he does believe its John Wick!? Yikes! Unblock me bro, this isn't a good look.

#47077 35 days ago

ichuckle blocked you And I'm not sure which is funnier the fact that he did it or the fact that you actually care. People block or ignore, it's their choice, it's their experience. Not sure why anybody ever cares about that.

#47078 35 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

ichuckle blocked you And I'm not sure which is funnier the fact that he did it or the fact that you actually care. People block or ignore, it's their choice, it's their experience. Not sure why anybody ever cares about that.

kekw (resized).jpgkekw (resized).jpg
#47079 35 days ago
Quoted from Bordillo:

No idea but that wouldn't gave anything to do with this machine.

#47080 35 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

No bro, just as likely as it being Wiggles. Nobody actually knows

Quoted from Haymaker:

Lol Ichuckle blocked me after he embarrassed himself and now he does believe its John Wick!? Yikes! Unblock me bro, this isn't a good look.

When did Bro turn into something that is only said by guys when they are being snarky jerks?

Screenshot_20240425_122724_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240425_122724_Chrome (resized).jpg
#47081 35 days ago

I'm hearing John Wick in the next 3 weeks as Stern's final spike 2 machine, and John Borg's all new Metallica machine revealed just in time for Expo October 2024. We shall see. If Stern follows their previous release rhythm we are due a new cornerstone pin around 18 May (+/- 3 weeks). I expect it will come a little sooner than 18 May and have my money on the week of 5-11 May.

#47082 35 days ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

When did Bro turn into something that is only said by guys when they are being snarky jerks?
[quoted image]

A while back

Quoted from Vespula:

Its not so much I care, although I am a firm believer in blocking is for babies. Its more that ol dude talked a big game and then when it became apparent he couldn't back it up anymore he blocked me. I wasn't even going after him, he just knew the jig was up and blocked me out of his own embarrassment I guess, which I find comical.

#47083 35 days ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

Any chance you are working on something better for jaws that would integrate with the game?

No, there isn't really much that could be done as far as I can think of. You would pretty much need to leave the same size ring in there due to the programming using 23 LEDs. If you made the ring bigger (and scooted the LEDs back a bit) you would probably have a noticeably larger gap between the first and last LED in each ring. The only improving I can imagine would be a diffusor over the LEDs, but that would just stick into the speaker hole area even more. Though....I guess being diffused would make them less noticeable in the playfiled glass reflection. In any case, with Stern being in charge of the programming and having done what they did design wise, there isn't much that could be changed as far as I can think of to improve them.

Quoted from RA77:

Thanks for pointing out Sterns first attempt at speaker lights engineering flaws Doug.
You are correct 100%
Stern has the resources to get it right.
My guess its about cost mitigation or perhaps they rushed it ?

I really doubt it was cost, as a different / better ring design shouldn't be that much cost difference (but I know every bit counts). Even if the ring design was left the same, to simply wire things so each light ring could be lit differently, which is the biggest fumble, would have just taken a 3" length of wire.....that's it.

I would chalk it up to a lack of care and just not putting any thought into it. Like many of the folks that copy my light kits, they see the money and don't really care about the details.

Quoted from kool1:

I got an email back from Mezel Mods - yes you need Stern ELs for any of their Rush mods to work. That makes more sense. I didn't
believe you could just "tap the code" that easily.
I personally liked Jaws LE speakers effects but to be fair you are far more detail oriented than I would be. You did a great job with my GZ speaker upgrades so I will definitely give you the benefit of the doubt that they could be much better! More cost cutting I suppose.

The Expression Lights are a pretty safe place to grab the Expression Light game interaction from. I know previously there were people that were grabbing gameplay and code information in some other method. However, as I suspected, a simple update blocked the way the code was being accessed. So, the person found another way to get the code information, which worked great......until the next update bricked that. I believe the guy then gave up on his mod idea. I'm pretty sure those updates were not done specifically to block the code from being accessed by this mod, as the read me had other fixes and features listed and had no mention of plugging security holes or anything like that, but I do wonder if it was done on purpose or just a coincidence or effect of normal update changes. When grabbing from the Expression signal.....Stern can't really try to mess with add-ons much, because they would have to mess with their own Expression Lights to do that. The downside is, a person has to have the Expression Lights (or at least that Expression Light node board) for those particular mods to work.

As far as the programming goes with the Jaws LE speaker lights, I haven't seen much of them. The radar sweep is nice and both going the same way makes sense there. The "blood" filling the "water" from the bottom up instead of like 2 gauges is just my opinion. However, anyway you cut it, they really limited what they could do with the speaker lights by splitting the data signal and making the same programming go to both light rings. Let's say....video mode: the right speaker turns red when you get a hit with a right flipper button fire and the left speaker does that on a left flipper button hit....NOPE, can't do that. Just simple things like that can't be done, because they didn't think things through. As I said, I don't think it was cost savings. I think it was just laziness and lack of care.

#47084 34 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

A while back

Its not so much I care, although I am a firm believer in blocking is for babies. Its more that ol dude talked a big game and then when it became apparent he couldn't back it up anymore he blocked me. I wasn't even going after him, he just knew the jig was up and blocked me out of his own embarrassment I guess, which I find comical.

Move on already

#47085 34 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No idea but that wouldn't gave anything to do with this machine.

They recently released the Continental mini-series but not sure how good that is. Upcoming is a spin off movie called Ballerina starring Ana De Armas so they’re definitely keeping the franchise alive with or without John Wick himself.

#47086 34 days ago
Quoted from briyau15:

They recently released the Continental mini-series but not sure how good that is. Upcoming is a spin off movie called Ballerina starring Ana De Armas so they’re definitely keeping the franchise alive with or without John Wick himself.

The continental series was boring, hope I never see that again, Ballerina looks interesting, if for nothing else the lead actress

#47087 34 days ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Oh sure, I just mean it would relate to Sterns release.

#47088 34 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh sure, I just mean it would relate to Sterns release.

I’m there with you. Honestly meant to reference the other Pinsider who asked if there are any more movies coming out…

#47089 34 days ago

Yes Wick 5 is coming.

I am hoping the pin is based on 1 mainly.
Elements of 2 and 3 would be great.

I thought 4 was rubbish but maybe I need to re visit.

5, well we will have to wait and see ???

#47090 34 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yes Wick 5 is coming.
I am hoping the pin is based on 1 mainly.
Elements of 2 and 3 would be great.
I thought 4 was rubbish but maybe I need to re visit.
5, well we will have to wait and see ???

That's one of those fake fan trailers.

#47091 34 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's one of those fake fan trailers.

Oh man, you are correct Vic.

This fake trailer BS is crazy now !

Here's another....

#47092 34 days ago

The action button gives the attack dog a nuts command. Code it in stern!

#47093 34 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

Oh man, you are correct Vic.
This fake trailer BS is crazy now !
Here's another....

Youtube should NOT allow those fake trailers to have "official" anywhere in their title. They're straight clickbait for views. I hate all of them.

#47094 34 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Youtube should NOT allow those fake trailers to have "official" anywhere in their title. They're straight clickbait for views. I hate all of them.

Yeah, I've been sucked in before too, it's like you can't believe anything you see or read on the internet anymore

#47095 34 days ago

not related but had to vent a bit. New Pinside person selling an old pin. Had a deal I thought and arranged to pickup in the morning by all our emails back and forth today. All of a sudden he calls and now says had a better offer by $500 this whole time and just wanted me to see it so I could pay more. Other guy was coming this weekend. Super pissed about the whole thing. I would have gotten over there with the money ready to go and got blindsided. People suck sometimes. Beware of new accounts I guess.

#47096 34 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

not related but had to vent a bit. New Pinside person selling an old pin. Had a deal I thought and arranged to pickup in the morning by all our emails back and forth today. All of a sudden he calls and now says had a better offer by $500 this whole time and just wanted me to see it so I could pay more. Other guy was coming this weekend. Super pissed about the whole thing. I would have gotten over there with the money ready to go and got blindsided. People suck sometimes. Beware of new accounts I guess.

What game?

#47097 34 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

There was just a massive post about this a few days back, same deal too someone backing out of "plans". Go now take cash have 0 regrets.

#47098 34 days ago

My sources say I’ll never get that nostalgic Gremlins game I’ve been wanting.

IMG_1142 (resized).jpegIMG_1142 (resized).jpeg
#47099 34 days ago

I don’t want to say but said his best price was 5500 should have done it. Thought had a deal at 5250 then said had a 5700 offer entire time had to get that. Had to pass on principle. F it

#47100 34 days ago

If you don't publicly call them out on it they'll just do it again and not learn a lesson.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.50
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.99
$ 34.99
$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

14,500 (OBO)
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 22.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 48,236 posts in this topic. You are on page 942 of 965.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/942 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.