20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider onemilemore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8018 3 years ago

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I'd play the shit out of a Teen Titans Go! machine.

2 months later
#9623 3 years ago

Gotta have co-op from TMNT carried over right?

2 weeks later
#10162 3 years ago

Are the BTTF rumors here actual rumors, or just wishes that have turned into rumors? My savings plan would like to know.

1 week later
#10280 3 years ago

Dude yes. Eruption multiball ftw.

#10305 3 years ago

Newer go the hobby so I apologize if this is a redundant question: Roughly how often does Stern release Vault titles? I'd love to get my hands on a KISS...

#10308 3 years ago

Thanks, guys. I'll follow up on those leads.

1 week later
#10482 3 years ago

Was talking to my wife last night about the possibility of LZ and went to Spotify. It's almost unreal how many amazing songs they have. I'm a late 80s/early 90s kid so LZ was always there but not front and center, so I'm always kinda mindblown at just how many great tracks are theirs.

Admittedly I'm not sure how any of that would translate to a pin, especially theme-wise. But I do know I'd get far more listenability out of a LZ pin than any other current band machine, so bring it on!

#10485 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

I totally agree. Some of their less popular tracks are amazing. I don't think the pin would work with the "X numer of songs" model. It would be great to some way work in the songs you want, even if the light sync is not there.

Mostly I am curious if there is going to be a new bar for number of tracks. Maiden has like 12 songs or something around there, right? With GnR at 21 I feel like any subsequent music pins are gonna have to up the ante. Luckily LZ's catalog is massive.

#10498 3 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Sterns next is apparently Queen, 2 weeks till reveal
Not Led Zeppelin

I mean this is also more than acceptable. Get me some of those live assets - Freddie was a boss on stage.

Keep yourself alive during Seven Seas of Rhye multiball!

#10583 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Just watched the beginning and didn't see anything. Its archived on Twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/772313718?t=03h00m26s

He alludes to it around 3:03 and then is quite a bit more direct at 4:06 on the nose.

#10586 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You think he is serious? Didn't seem like it.

Hard to say - I'm new to the hobby and don't really know his personality. Was definitely a little cavalier for what would seemingly be a massive release for Stern.

#10597 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I would hate to be the designer on Harry Potter, whenever it does happen. I think it'll just disappoint people because there is so much in that universe and people have been building it up in their minds for many years.

Wife and I talked about this. There's almost too much content to fit into one pin. But we figured out some fun basics that could be a start: Collect spells to light battles at the scoop, similar to Deadpool, and work up to Voldemort. Gotta have the flying car as a toy. Also, a Golden Snitch mode where the light moves to different shots...like the Megalodon mode in Deadpool.

I think I just need to buy Deadpool.

#10631 3 years ago

Nirvana pin = somewhat depressing.

Foos pin = party.

2 weeks later
#10867 3 years ago

As much as I know they are not as huge as other bands, Muse would make a fantastic music pin. Between their random sci-fi/conspiracy leanings, crazy art stylings and killer live show (including a few DVDs to pull footage from) it could be a great option for a modern band to be represented.

#10887 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The original design was so much better than what we got. Stern cost reduction really did a number on this game.

Uninitiated on this one. What was the original design supposed to be?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11047 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

No...in a few ways.
Its a reskin home pin and it was announced before Avengers (maybe even TMNT)

Damn shame this thing is retailing at like 8K. Music slaps and gameplay looks fast n fun. Definitely prefer this theme over SW (know I'm in the minority there).

#11177 3 years ago

What if Led Zeppelin is code for another British band...

...MUSE.

It's been a rough day, let me have this.

#11187 3 years ago

Just binged this weekend and am on board. Timing works for season 3...

#11260 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

New pinball in 2.5 hrs Big G to announce it....

Is this just happening on a distro call or somewhere public?

#11319 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Cobra Kai from left field

- Prior Netflix pin
- Season 3 Jan. 8

It could happen.

#11321 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Hows the Cobra Kai merch sales vs Stranger Things though? Bit of a gap between the two.

What Cobra Kai merch?

I'm not saying it would be the best bet from a sales standpoint, but if they threaded in the Karate Kid flashbacks like they do on the show it could be fun for the nostalgia crew. Definitely not a critical mass hit like Stranger Things, for sure, and no doubt a music pin would fare better.

#11397 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

My $ is in this but it will be the one after the next .
[quoted image]

This would likely bean instant buy for my wife, and what dude wouldn't want to play this? But it's DC, so not sure that jives with the Marvel partnership, sadly.

#11400 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Dark Knight and Batman 66 would like a word with you

Excellent points both! In that case, I'll happily jump on the WW84 hype train.

#11402 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

At least they finally stopped pretending there will be WW84 in a significant amount of theatres and just set to release it on HBOMAX.
On a related note, I also didn't know Amazon Prime bought Coming to America 2 for Prime Video...

Yeah my wife was sorely disappointed they pushed the date back on that one.

#11417 3 years ago

KISS vault please KISS vault please KISS vault please

#11428 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Geez, I don't get a whole lotta love here, but I heard as early as tomorrow, but most likely Tuesday.

I see what you did there. I've been thinking a Black Dog/Black Friday teaser video might be fun.

1 week later
#11656 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

[quoted image]

I could definitely see this whole art scheme being translated to a pin. It's clean and it stands out. I'd actually be really curious to see how Shepard Fairey would take on a whole pinball art package, playfield included.

#11723 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

No spoilers lol! But I thought for sure it would be released soon, so we will see...I will say the machine I saw was not Led Zeppelin, I would love to tell you. Yet i don't want to spoil it. I will say this, after seeing the machine, I thought releasing it around now would of been perfect timing.

Home Alone confirmed obvi

#11764 3 years ago
Quoted from Mjonesproperty:

BallPin, could we possibly be getting a remake of Whitewater?..... long shot but thinking I may have found your hint

download.jpeg (resized).jpgdownload.jpeg (resized).jpg
#11775 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think Godzilla is coming but not next. Maybe first or second release of 2021.
SR is up to bat on this next game as well.

I had some locals tell me in May that they thought Godzilla was an Elwin design. If that's the case then yeah, tough to see it being the next release.

#12117 3 years ago

Not punk, but genre adjacent and wide appealing enough would be The Clash. But they can also be kinda abrasive.

2 weeks later
#12484 3 years ago

Back in May a couple SD locals told me that Elwin was working on Godzilla. I suppose this could have been far enough into AIQ development that he was already laying out his next project?

1 week later
#12651 3 years ago

Said this to a buddy last night and I'll say it here:

I know everyone loves Elwin (guilty as charged) and wants him on everything and Gomez is allegedly not designing anymore. But man, the Deadpool team should be on another pin stat. It's just so fun and has a ton of personality - really great theme integration and zaniness in one frenetic package. Would love to see another comedic pin come from the same crew.

#12757 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

If stern passes on a BTTF pin maybe they can try knocking out two birds with one stone(rock pin,BTTF pin)by making a Huey Lewis and the news pin for all the ops wishing for BTTF...could scratch that itch

I'm sure this was in jest but I'd have a hard time passing on a Huey Lewis and the News pin just for nostalgia's sake. And I'm not even 40 lol, but I grew up on their music and some of it still jams pretty well today. Suppose I'll just settle for slow "I Want a New Drug" on our Ghostbusters pin.

#12801 3 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

Just for the Catalina Wine Mixer wizard mode
[quoted image]

I could do some serious work on an Anchorman pin.

1 week later
#12987 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Side note still hoping for a warp tour machine. All the awesome music can add skating to the theme

I'll take an AIQ rethemed as Warped Tour, please.

#13104 3 years ago

Clearly a nod to Larusso Auto and the upcoming Cobra Kai pin.

1 week later
#13191 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Motley Crue and Andrew W.K. (who loves pinball) would be amazing!

Haha I think I would be one of like five people who would be in on an Andrew WK pinball.

Despicable Me mentioned above just seems like a no brainer and I think would appeal to adults as much as kids. Ton of content for villians and modes, super funny and heartfelt. I'd take that over Toy Story, and I like Toy Story.

#13199 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They're not doing two music pins in row. Next up is probably Lyman's pin, or maybe whatever Tanio's been working on when not helping out on other designer's projects. I can't imagine them unleashing the LotR Spike release when they're already behind on orders. That would bury them.

Reeeeeally hoping we get a Tanio/Deadpool design team pin. Personality for days.

2 weeks later
#13511 3 years ago

If we're talking international appeal, you could do worse than LEGO. Pull in from the movies/LEGO Batman. Game flow and objectives, plus toys, write themselves.

#13526 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I think you may see some other company and not Stern do a Lego Pin.

Is this speculation or a hint?

#13533 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I can see AP doing Lego

Yeah makes a ton of sense given their work with Hot Wheels, but I wonder if a company of their size can afford the license.

#13665 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I think there is a chance of a Mortal Kombat pin. The franchise is getting a new movie this year with plans for several in the future follow the fit steps of the MCU.

Hit enough ramps on Medieval Madness and you get your fatality callout!

#13890 3 years ago

ANGRY BIRDS ya'll

1 month later
#15246 3 years ago

Past teasers have usually come out earlier in the day than this, so seems like we're probably waiting still.

#15330 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Just to be clear - there is no "announcement" or anything like that. One of the presenters that happens to be an actor said something that made me think we may see something in the future...
Here is the link: https://twipys.com/#live
It goes live at 8:00pm Eastern, the actual TWIPY awards show starts at 8:30pm. Hope to see you there!

"An actor" "the future" BTTF confirmed obvi

#15373 3 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

I watched the twipys this am and called a few of my friends, I saw it for sure. The question is is he trolling because its a Borge game or is he making it??? that is the question. I really hope Elwin makes Godzilla

For whatever it's worth, I had some tuned in SoCal locals tell me last May that Elwin was working on Godzilla. This was before AIQ dropped but he could've been working on it back then, I'd suppose.

#15424 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I hope Van Halen’s code name is Van Halen.

Man I've been on such a hard VH kick since Eddie passed. Please just give me a pin that covers self-titled through 1984 and I will pay a lot of money.

1 week later
#15780 3 years ago

If it's indeed a recent TV series, I'd put my money on Mandalorian or Cobra Kai.

#15861 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

but probably better.

Van Halen confirmed ty ty

#16032 3 years ago

Interesting. First time listening to Kaneda...that was something.

I'll agree that it doesn't sound like Spooky is doing Beetlejuice, and it certainly could be Scooby Doo. His use of the word "campy" throws me off on that, though. Multigenerational, colorful, joyous - could totally be Scooby Doo, but also several other fun shows.

As for Stern, man I dunno. Huge contemporary TV show that everyone is gonna want? This thread alone tells me that might not be Mando just because of how many people are out. Cobra Kai was huge but again he'd be overselling the widespread interest imo. Pretty perplexed on this one.

#16039 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Being serious though the word “campy” does fit Cobra Kai perfectly .

1000% but I think campy was in reference to the Spooky pin.

I do have concerns about Spooky reliably being able to crank out enough of a huge theme like Scooby Doo. But maybe if they've teamed up with CGC as rumored that would help? (And also explain CGC's lack of recent output, too.)

#16083 3 years ago

I'll throw another theory out there based on Kaneda's Stern hints:

-Not a movie or music
-Something everyone will want and will likely sell out of LEs
-Brian Eddy on design

Harry Potter. Based off the novels, with the BRE link being MM.

#16092 3 years ago
Quoted from kell:

Someone mentioned Mario as a possibility... I like that idea.

Yup this one also crossed my mind. What other huge video game franchises would qualify?

#16474 3 years ago

Won't happen and doesn't fit Kaneda's hints but count me in for a Brooklyn-99 pin if we're going more current.

#16536 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The planet you live on. I'm assuming.
Mando is short for Star Wars: The Mandalorian. Hugely popular Star Wars TV show on Disney +, a subscription streaming service.

We had to explain to a friend last night what Ted Lasso was and that Apple + is a thing. Good times were had!

#16547 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I need someone to explain to me why everyone I know thinks Ted Lasso is funny. I'm 3 eps in and am like
There...that's my unsolicited opinion of a TV show!!!

I'm a huge Scrubs fan, so I love Bill Lawrence's general tone. I think it's more feel goods than straight LOLs but it's certainly a slow burn. It's just...endearing.

#16760 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

If they're going to do BTTF, they're going to want to get Christopher Lloyd for callouts. He's very accessible for voice over stuff but he's in his 80s. They can't wait too long.

I think they could pull it off with movie quotes just like in Ghostbusters - that pin is super immersive without Murray or Aykroyd doing custom callouts.

#16762 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Ghostbusters has custom callouts from Ernie Hudson, he did a great job.

Absolutely - with respect he isn't as huge a part of the film as Lloyd is of BTTF imo. My point, really, was that there are other characters who could do custom voice work while still having Doc represented.

#17223 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I would like to see this change as well. It seems like majority of newer Sterns are focused on points and multipliers versus creating moments with great mode choreography. The new hires / talent that Stern has brought in over the past few years are great but they seem too focused on creating rulesets for tournament play. A good example of this is the modes in LOTR versus modes in AIQ. One game tells it story through code with great mode choreography (animations, music, sounds, stages in modes, etc) while the other has static images and scores flying in left and right.
The last Stern pin that I think told a themes story well through code with multiple moments, modes filled with stages, etc was Ghostbusters.

IMO TMNT also does a really nice job with moments and modes and I think you can see the common thread there.

I don't have a ton of experience with Dwight-coded pins (never played Munsters and very very little time on Star Wars) but GB and TMNT are both in our home and have a great combo of moments, depth, and theme immersion that keep us coming back for more.

Revisiting the "soul" comment from a few posts above, that's exactly why I never bought AIQ even though I've come close several times. The shots look amazing, but the lack of theme energy there just seems so vast compared to the rest of our lineup that I think it'd be a letdown.

#17226 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's great to hear. People hammer on Dwight for his code but maybe he would be the best choice for Mando code if people want it to have a deep objective based ruleset. Dwight got ripped on over Ghostbusters code for literally years but he eventually came through and went over the top with the final couple updates. Munsters though...yeah lol. I Had a blast playing a TMNT LE the other week on location, fun pin.

Haha yeah, I had the benefit of entering the hobby after GB was complete so I haven't really experienced the struggle. There's a ton of modes and extra side games on TMNT - plenty going on for a home-use experience.

#17252 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

What if all the rumors were about this table?! Is there a ship/ramp thing that was talked about?

Want to circle back to this because I would be hilariously into this theory. Would be some next-level trolling by Stern if they were somehow leaking Zen tables as their next release.

#17262 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nah, one has nothing to do with the other. Zen has been doing their own Marvel, Star Wars, Alien etc video game pins for quite some time. They get the licenses and do their own thing with it...there's no crossover with physical pinball manufacturers. Stern's doing their own Mando.

No I understand that they are separate and have seen a ton of the Zen tables. Mostly thought it would be funny if Stern was leaking stuff they knew from Zen somehow as a smokescreen.

This is also my way of saying that, while I am sure a Stern Mando could be fun, I am hoping for other themes. So I am hopeful it is all a smokescreen even if it is likely not.

1 week later
#18160 2 years ago

I know it won't happen but still think a Muse pinball would move units. Ton of theatrical elements in their lyrics and their tour setup is top-notch. Would likely be the only LE I'd ever consider.

#18356 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I still can’t wrap my head around why so many people care about Godzilla.
[quoted image]

Ricky Bobby pinball? Sure, I'm in.

#18381 2 years ago

An Anchorman pin could be amazing

1 week later
#18579 2 years ago
Quoted from ItsOnlyPinball:

Give me Motley Crue, Van Halen, Judas Priest, or Black Sabbath in a music pin and I will be happy…

Was just talking with my wife about this, and we both want Guitar Hero in a pin. GnR basically copied the style - miss shots, get booed - and a Guitar Hero pin could have a crapload of good songs without being tied to one band. I'm honestly surprised it hasn't been made yet, especially during the time when GH was hot.

#18581 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Licensing of multiple bands/ songs could be a nightmare.

Could be, but it's been done in the gaming/arcade industry so there's a guide.

#18646 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Not sure how it would work but an updated soccer pin based on Ted Lasso would be cool.

Football is life!

1 month later
#19069 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Wouldn’t this mean BTTF is a Richie game since he did High Speed?

BTTF as reskinned Getaway, and the upper accelerator is the flux capacitor...who says no?

(Kidding. New layouts please!)

#19185 2 years ago

I'd love to see Elwin's next theme be a little less serious in tone. JP is a blast but a bit heavy imo, and AIQ is super flat. Would love to see high energy, less orchestral music involved in his next shooter.

#19291 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Eddie LE white armor and red and white like his guitar.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I was jamming VH while playing my pins yesterday and determined that this would be an instabuy for me. Bring it on.

#19296 2 years ago

A thought I had after playing it this weekend: How much blasphemy would it be to reskin TWD and release it as something new? Stern probably doesn't need to do it, but I thought the layout was a ton of fun. Just cannot stand the theme. Anyhoo...

#19412 2 years ago

Educate me please, as I'm not a Godzilla person: Is the Toho stuff everyone seems to think is the license serious or campy? My biggest issue with Elwin pins has been the heavy tone - I prefer more upbeat, humurous or goofy themes for home use, so I haven't snagged an Elwin even though they shoot like butter. If Toho Godzilla has some of that campiness to it, though, I might be interested.

#19420 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

EDIT: Eh, maybe not. More like 5 or so songs that I really like. Then, uh, cupboard’s kinda dry, buddy.

Lol this sounds exactly like my journey through Spotify this morning.

#19441 2 years ago

The Living End pinball tho

#19462 2 years ago

Gimme the Deadpool team on a new BTTF, please.

1 week later
#19582 2 years ago

Guess we're not getting Rush with Lyman on code?

1 week later
#19816 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Not sure how I feel about Borg do8ng BTTF if that rumor is true. Not sure his style of game is a great match for the theme.

Maybe I haven't played enough Borg games, but the TMNT layout is super fast and, imo, would actually be a nice re-skin for BTTF. Loop it around to get to 88 mph, then hit the center ramp to time travel! I know they aren't gonna re-theme for this one, but I think Borg will be a blast.

1 week later
#20007 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

At this point, I feel like a music festival type approach with a semi-modern soundtrack might be a good way to go to capture the "spirit" of the era without relying on one single band.

Re-theme AIQ as Vans Warped Tour circa 1995-2000 please and thank you.

2 weeks later
#20811 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Maybe they are still working out a deal with Eric Stoltz for callouts.

Recently watched the BTTF episode of The Movies That Made Us, and I am beyond intrigued by an entire Eric Stoltz alt version of the film. He looked so serious, I can only imagine what it would do to the overall tone.

1 week later
#21743 2 years ago

Y'all wildin' out here with Photoshop and I love it.

1 week later
#22048 2 years ago

Where has this new South Park rumor all of a sudden popped up from? Wishful thinking?

1 month later
#22895 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

So Jack Danger doesn't get to design a cornerstone release?
He just gets stuck designing the next The Pin ?

I 100% expect Jack to be in the design rotation. Maybe he slots in at the Gomez/Kaminkow spot for 2023, but I'd love to see if he can get in the lineup before then.

3 weeks later
#23427 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Would have been money well spent is my whole point. They could sell thousands of Sonic to hundreds of Valhalla.

Problem is I'm not sure AP can build thousands.

#23491 2 years ago

I love both the Foos and Muse, but thematically Muse has waaaaaaaay more awesome content to work with. You could easily make it a sci-fi/adventure theme, similar to what some Rush fans have been hoping for. Foo Fighters feels like it would be more Zeppelin-esque in terms of gameplay structure.

#23578 2 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

I dismissed this idea at first, but...
I can imagine you would need to select brush/knife, select color, location on canvas, heck you could even 'beat the devil out of it'. The painting you create is updated real-time on the LCD, and in the end you could have a reveal, your painting vs. the real one just like the show Nailed-it. I'm in!

Happy Little Trees Multiball LFG

1 week later
#24007 2 years ago

I have to admit being dismayed that so few people on here think Foo Fighters would make for a good pin. Not that they are my favorite, but they have like a million jams you could choose from that are high energy and arena-friendly - my only concern would be storyline. Music and popularity-wise, though, I can think of many worse bands to build a game around.

That said, I expect JD to take on a non-music IP for his first pin, just because it gives a lot more wiggle room for creativity.

#24009 2 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Yeah, the concern for me would be ‘what’s the point of the game?’ And not the music, for sure. Not sure I understand all those that immediately swear it off, based on the music. Now, had folks argue that there is no storyline that makes sense, absolutely.

Not that I would want it to only be based off one album, but FF did try for some thematic/story-based elements with Sonic Highways. That could serve as maybe a jumping off point for a more thorough gameplay design. I like the band enough that even if they went with the Zeppelin-esque "Go on tour!" gameplay style I'd likely buy.

For those concerned about not enough songs, I humbly submit:

I'll Stick Around
This Is A Call
Monkey Wrench
My Hero
Everlong
Wind Up
Enough Space
Stacked Actors (!!!)
Breakout
All My Life
Low
Times Like These
No Way Back
DOA
The Pretender
Long Road To Ruin
Bridge Burning
Rope
White Limo (!!!)
Arlandria
The Feast and the Famine
Congregation
Run
The Sky Is A Neighborhood
Cloudspotter
Holding Poison

And I left out a couple of the lesser/slower hits. Count me in on a Foos pin if/when it ever happens (unless it's just a LZ Pro knockoff).

1 week later
#24303 2 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Joe Kaminkow all but confirmed BTTF in a podcast, linked in this thread. It's 100% coming. He didn't retire after Beatles.

I think I share @crujones4life's worry that BTTF is just code for Rush and its potential for time travel-based gameplay. Let's hope not.

#24306 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Rush is my favorite band but I still can’t believe Stern is making a Rush pin. Of their music pins, only Iron Maiden is less mainstream, and that pin turned out incredible and is my favorite Stern. Borg is clearly passionate about the theme, but not so sure about the younger guys on the code/rules side.
Is it Tuesday yet?

So I've always been aware of Rush's bigger songs but never did much of a deep dive until the past couple weeks. I wrote them off because of Geddy's voice, which in hindsight is absurd given some of the other bands I listen to.

They're incredible.

I think if the younger guys on the team had the same experience then we'll be in good hands. Sexton is a musician by upbringing, right? I'm betting he appreciates the band's complexity.

1 week later
#24604 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Who gives a F? As the band aged their audience grew and they sold MORE records, duh! However, The first 3 VH albums are undeniable classic RIPPERS! Everything after that is garbage. David Lee Roth is one of the most electrifying front men and show men in the history of modern rock AND one of the greatest vocalist along side Freddy Mercury and Steven Perry. OK?!?

[quoted image]

I'll give everything here minus the vocals. I'm listening to DLR-era Halen for the energy and presence, but definitely not the vocal prowess.

Still, DLR over Hagar all day every day.

#24721 2 years ago

Just here to say that Dad Rock is a vibe, like Yacht Rock, that imo can span eras and genres.

Let's get a Yacht Rock pin from Stern next.

1 month later
#25545 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

I'd be in on Jaws.
Also, Muse would make an awesome music themed pin. That's my contribution

Muse would be amazing. If I get bored of Rush eventually maybe I'll just retheme it as Muse - Time Machine becomes Supermassive Black Hole. Boom.

1 month later
#26166 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Scooby doo is on a whole other level than the jetsons. My grandkids today love SCOOBY DOO IT HAS NEVER FELL out of the public eye so to speak. The material they would have access to is unsurpassed 50 plus years. Man what u could do with the art work alone would be wicked.

Plus, the Jetsons pin was barren and didn't even have callouts, right? Not exactly the best comparison.

Scooby appeals to both my 38-yo wife and 11-yo daughter. I'm actually the least likely in our house to want a Scooby pin, but the crossover appeal would be huge, especially if you're able to touch the various eras of the show. Bring it.

3 weeks later
#26551 2 years ago
Quoted from JackG:

How did you both leave out “Best of you”?

Honestly it's like one of my least favorite FF songs. Too repetitive.

#26575 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

crujones4life I could see Steve from Stranger Things (Joe Keery) playing the role of Marty McFly if Universal ever revisited the franchise. He has the look to pull off that outfit in the third picture of MJF. “It’s your kids Marty. Something has got to be done about your kids!” -Doc Brown

Holy cow, I'd actually...be really OK with this. You're dead on that he's got the right vibe for it.

1 week later
#26744 1 year ago

Which would sell more: Venom, or Cobra Kai that's codenamed Venom?

#26784 1 year ago

I seriously don't understand the Foo Fighters hate in this thread. Legit one of the most successful rock bands of the last two decades and hit after hit - is that the reason? I guess I pretty much can't stand the Chili Peppers and it's kinda the same deal...but Foos are way better pinball music imo.

2 weeks later
#27237 1 year ago

Re: Sonic - To me the code is what really makes that project special. Lot to live up to if Stern indeed has the license, but they've also got some damn solid programmers over there.

2 months later
1 week later
#29817 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I'm hoping the chain of events surrounding the Elf pin are true and stern indeed does have the license and plans to make one!

Oh where's the source on this one? Podcast chatter?

#29859 1 year ago

If they put Elwin on BttF I don't honestly know how Stern would be able to cope with the demand. Hope the HR department is ready for a hiring spree!

#30410 1 year ago

I'm sticking with Venom = code for Cobra Kai but even that feels slightly too obvious now. He-Man doesn't feel like a slam dunk for nostalgia - there was the recent reboot but it doesn't feel as beloved as something like TMNT. I'd love to see a modern crossover hit cartoon like the Despicable Me series that is enjoyable for kids and adults, personally, but will be interested in anything that brings a new layout and fun rules.

#30529 1 year ago

Iirc we've usually had teaser Friday, reveal the following Tuesday and stream sometime after.

Gonna be a long week it seems.

#30601 1 year ago

My galaxy brain says Stern saw the demand for Medieval Madness Remakes, knew CGC couldn't keep up with said demand, then decided to pump out another Eddy game with a castle bash toy. And this is how we get He-Man.

I'm only half-kidding.

(Also Stern did non-licensed IP like 3 years ago with BKSOR.)

#30648 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Black Knight Sword of Rage was licensed. It wasn't an original IP, Williams made it back in the day.

I mean I get that this counts technically as a licensed IP, but for the purposes of the conversation and people asking when Stern might go unlicensed I feel like this qualifies as unlicensed. Unless the original Black Knight was licensed from a non-pinball company...

Anyway not a huge deal because I don't see Stern doing anything unlicensed or quasi-unlicensed in the near future. AP can satisfy that need.

#30683 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Lol that was stranger things

Nah that was to satisfy the AFM demand

Edit: I see several people beat me to this. That said another classic but in modern form isn't a bad thing - Stranger Things is pretty solid.

#30712 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Have the last few releases been done like this, Friday teaser, Tuesday reveal? If so then everyone hoping for something today should go play some pinball instead of waiting for this!

That's been the general trend of late, yes.

#31394 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

My 7 year old wanted to start the campaign for a Zelda pin. There’s a ton of great content.
I’m on board with some video game themes.
A new Mario game, Tony Hawk (imagine the music options) Splatoon (not sure how that would work but could be neat) maybe assassins creed, donkey Kong etc

Splatoon yes! Could use the lighting in it a ton - hit shots to cover the playfield in a single color like a Turf War. Then you have battle modes etc. I'd be in!

2 weeks later
#32854 1 year ago

Do I spy a captive ball underneath the ramps?

Screenshot_20220912-224538_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220912-224538_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
2 months later
#33930 1 year ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

So what is this Black Panther tease? Out of nowhere?

Wakanda Forever just came out, guessing this is the social media manager being timely more than anything else.

6 months later
#37250 11 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Yeah, Foo (both models) is on the easy side, but deservedly so. A big part of it is that all the shot angles are so perfect. The spinner is dead center and easy to rip with any flowing feed, the upper ramp is exactly in the sweet spot from that flipper, the overlord shot is easy too, and the left ramp is close up and also easy to hit. This is the opposite of both Bond and Rush, where every shot feels like it's just out of the sweet spot.
The game structure is also fairly easy, since the modes are simple and you can retry and resume until you finish them, unlike say AIQ. Not every game has to be a punishing titanic battle, some can be a fun upbeat romp. I agree that Foo is the next Deadpool, and that's a positive assessment. I don't think there are a lot of owners dumping Foo because it's easy, although there may be a few.

I personally enjoy scoring high at pinball and because of that I enjoy Foo Fighters. You nailed it on the geometry - spinner to side ramp is like butter. I think there is a ton in this game that is achieveable but there are still plenty of ways to have quick games if you're not staying focused or finding the shots. And even if some of the modes are on the easier side, there is a variety of difficulty in there when you account for Roswell and Chicago. Its got a lot to love at only .94 - I suspect anyone getting rid of it for non-upgrade reasons maybe just took a shot based on the layout but don't like the band.

7 months later
#44008 3 months ago

Been awhile since I've checked in here. Is the expectation that Borg is on deck for the next cornerstone? Any juicy/legit theme rumors, or just wishlists?

2 weeks later
#44284 3 months ago

THPS would be incredible but I wonder if this is just someone who has their hopes up because of Jack's hat he wore on stream recently.

On the plus side, I just looked it up and the THPS franchise sold 1.4 billion (yes that's a B!) units in its lifetime and the 2020 remaster was like the fastest ever to hit 1 million. So maybe there is some hope yet...

#44290 3 months ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

THPS would be a nightmare. You have to get license not only for the skaters. Also the bands and the skateboard brands. If they couldn’t get all three characters for Jaws I can’t see them getting all the assets for this

The bands are tougher, but you get Tony Hawk and you're golden. I don't think you need all the skaters or all the songs to pull it off. Just enough to make it feel like the game.

#44302 3 months ago

Thinking THPS more and...would it just end up being a glorified music pin? I'm not opposed to it so please don't get me wrong, but I wonder what they could do to make it not feel like a "pick a city, play a mode" vibe. Thoughts from more creative folks?

#44489 89 days ago
Quoted from ThreeWayCombo:

I'll take Sell Out by Reel Big Fish.

New Girl by Suicide Machines gotta be in it

#44533 88 days ago
Quoted from 11strings:

Yeah, same place (and the outside too where Larry Lalonde goes by on a skateboard) - place is still in business
https://www.thephoenixtheater.com/

Went to many a show here back in the day, even a Save The Phoenix Theater rally or two. Tugging at my heartstrings this morning, good stuff, amazing memories.

#44645 86 days ago

I really hope Journey is just a code name or short for Journey to the Center of the Earth or...literally anything else. Solid band, but I'm not sure that one moves many units these days.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PREMIUM) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider onemilemore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=onemilemore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.