Topic Stats

• 5,622 posts
  • 750 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Aniraf
  • Topic is favorited by 123 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 570 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20191112-180538_Google (resized).jpg
11173933_800[1] (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
94A70925-0E74-49DB-98B0-21ECB105AED1 (resized).jpeg
38917493745_6778c812ce_b (resized).jpg
JAWS_STERN-POSTERV2 (resized).png
TY0161200_pinball_2__92529.1570715153 (resized).jpg
EA31EE09-FCED-484D-B280-ECDAD5CB3F5B (resized).png
STHINGSPin (resized).jpg
9D5B11D7-4999-4601-B83A-7E0B259EAA00 (resized).jpeg
65A89B62-64F9-4251-9AA4-7BF4D70D2632 (resized).jpeg
4631D935-D809-4E6B-AE80-8005D85239F8 (resized).jpeg
FA2F78D8-47CF-419C-B898-34654584E89E (resized).jpeg
49E9F61E-D993-46E7-B3DE-461D277C39C6.jpeg
FFD63AB7-3081-45B8-974A-39FB1EBB8327.jpeg
CBCD83D5-4066-489E-99BB-01A98138892F.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#366 3 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

Batman 66 is a pinball I would like to see made. i would plop money down for that. Thought Stern would have produced a Disney "Frozen" pin .. I'd rather see a Prince pinball over Aerosmith. VanHalen would be cool too..

What art work could you possibly use for Van Halen lol? Album covers? David Lee Roths ass less chaps?

3 months later
#487 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ride The Lightening Special Edition.
Just finished listening to the f****n Dirty Donny interview on This F****n Flippin Podcast. Love hearing the f****n background story to that game.

Id rather see them move forward. Hardwired to Self-destruct with Fury road style art work would be awesome and Id add that to my LE!

4 months later
#605 2 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

I know a lot of people have said Star Wars, and I have to agree. My only fear is with how expensive Stern will charging for that title. Knowing Stern they will have like 5 editions priced out 1.5k between each models starting at 10K.
I was out of the new pin game when Stern went higher than $4500 for a pro.
At 10k, George Lucas, Disney and Gary Stern better deliver it to my house and set it up.

LOL with Batman Super Duper LE at $15 large, $10,000 would be a steal at this point.

2 months later
#671 2 years ago

Star wars announced, what's next!!

#694 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Stern just released epic theme...

What have you done done for me lately!

#715 2 years ago

That last comment though!

1 month later
#794 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Hmnnn. Rumors are looking to be true

From what I've seen, it's coming. Like Iron Maiden, they better not eff this up! All Adult. All Slayer, all day.

#795 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

How about a Metallica translite with the original line up, Cliff Burton and all?!

I would love a vault edition featuring early Metallica.

0715171148 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#824 2 years ago

Jaws. Definitely Jaws.

1 month later
#945 2 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

It's a good point because if there are licensing restrictions and the game can't be what it could have been then we should be able to fix it.
This led me to think that Stern should from now on intentially make it easy to replace and add any songs for music pins in a standardized way. If USB is plugged in, it will simply replace or randomly select songs from there and play.
This would require a bit of programming to make sure it all makes sense still with song lengths for modes etc but perfectly doable.
Big win for Stern since they could just buy the min number of songs for operators. Since they are big into costcutting these days they could save here.
Big win for home use since we could easily put any and all songs we want to hear for any music pin!
In any case there are either financial restrictions or license restrictions that hold back every music pin from having all or the best songs people want anyway so having the ability to swap/add any songs out of the box would be a big win for everyone here!

This would be a legal nightmare if Stern set aside specific code to allow easy importation of non-licensed music into the pin.

4 weeks later
#1118 2 years ago

They need to, they have how many games now that need software?

1 week later
#1153 2 years ago

Why Elvira?? They say they want new blood buying and playing pins, yet Elvira? I dobut most 20 -30 something's even know who she is.

Now before I get a bunch of downvotes, I understand the previous Elviras were fun pins, not debating that. I just question the selection.

#1165 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Perhaps. I have no idea what % of pins are sold to one time only home buyers.
As more meaningful purchasing options become available they likely google 'is stern or Jersey jack a better pinball machine to buy' before they drop $10-15K.
You'd hope that Stern would understand what the results look like when they do that.

You just described me to a T. One pin so far and would have been a instant buyer for Iron Maiden or GOTG. LEs. No way am I going to spend that $$$ with Stern on a NIB until the myriad issues relating to Stern are resolved. My buddy has 30 odd games, many A List and he says Dialed In is possibly the cream of the crop. His opinion of course, but it just shows that Stern may be the largest seller, but their are chinks in the armor.

#1167 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Who cares is probably a fitting title

Some did, like me, but don't know.

1 month later
#1240 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Gonna go out on a limb and guess that even though he was most likely acting as an employee, if they use his work with minor changes, they might be opening themselves up for future litigation about profit sharing depending on what his employment contract said (if he had one). Of course, complete speculation, but if I were Stern (or any other business), his design would go in the incinerator and start fresh even if he had zero rights of any future claims. Not to mention the fact that the licensee (Iron Maiden or their agents) would have a cow if it were ever traced back to JT with minor changes. Wouldn't exactly be a shining star for their image/license.

Great post, but so depressing(Not really but) Why did JT leave, or ditch the design or whatever??

#1251 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Bingo. All of the above plus the fact that Stern is not hurting for good selling titles means this game will never, ever see the light of day. Sad, but true. This game was never destined to be a big seller to begin with.

Are you saying IM in general, or the JT design?

1 month later
#1394 1 year ago

That Jason Rufer guy said Iron Maiden is right around the corner

#1421 1 year ago

Great, first time designer on Iron Maiden.

4 weeks later
#1506 1 year ago
Quoted from DefDumBlindKid:

I know I’m going to be hated on for this opinion, but here goes. Lol
In the United States, I cant speak for Europe, Iron Maiden is a Merch band ala KISS. Known more for the image of their mascot Eddie than any song they ever wrote. The difference is, and it’s hard to believe, Maiden had LESS success on the US charts than KISS. I get it, Eddie is a cool visual, and Metal !!!! Hell, I’ll buy one! But Iron Maiden probably wouldn’t sell anywhere near a Met or AcDc. Ok, let the hate begin. Lol
Also, I will note, on my visits to Europe, Germany in particular where they had very impresssive and expensive record shops, Maiden was held in much higher esteem musically.

Good job prefacing that you know nothing about Iron Maiden.

#1568 1 year ago
Quoted from DefDumBlindKid:

It probably doesn’t help that their biggest hit is an Englishman lecturing Americans about colonialism, of all things. It boggles the brain. It would require a Pom to be fully unaware of the irony.
Enjoy that LE The Backglass should be epic!

The bigger Irony is an Englishman lecturing anyone on colonialism. Remember, we came from Britain who were the first colonists in America.

#1577 1 year ago
Quoted from Cantaffordgames:

Iron Maiden plays in STADIUMS arcross the world and sells out arenas to this day in the U.S. you are seriously underestimating their popularity.

You quoted the wrong person, I definitely know Iron Maiden is STILL one of the biggest acts in music.

#1600 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

It's definitely IM with ZY artwork.
As for playfield, I'm not so sure they're using Archer. Heard Keith is "un-trudeauing" the existing IM layout (remember it was announced long ago JT and ZY were doing another game so that makes sense)
And let's be honest - Modern Stern would not produce a PF like Archer had.

I still prefer stock Iron Maiden art vs. an interpretation of Maiden art. Just another reason why I'm holding off until I see the entire package. Please take my money if it's a bad ass rock and roll pin Like ACDC or Met!! The license demands it!!

#1615 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’m with you. My guess is that 70% or so of the art will be provided by IMDN licensing assetts and the other 30% will be transposed by ZY. After all, lots of rumors of Pointing to ZY doing Deadpool too; so he’s doing both back to back? I’m raising a flag and think he’ll play a small portion with one (IMDN) and large portion on the other (Deadpool). Disclaimer: this is just like, my opinion man.
EDIT: here’s another theory; maybe the people leaking that ZY is on Maiden saw some of the art and dont know jack about how awesome Maidens artwork really is so just quickly assumed it was Yeti doing the art package.
It wouldn’t make sense for stern to hire someone as talented as ZY to do art for a band that is known for their artwork. But what do I know, I’m just on pinside

And I certainly don't want to this as a slight the to ZY. On ANY OTHER pin, I would love ZY to do the art package. On THIS pin the art is already complete and perfect. Maybe like you said, ZY will just tie the whole package together with his artistic additions.

#1616 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

I look FW to Iron Maiden but I gotta say...
When I was a pup only the white trash kids who’s parents smoked generic ciggerettes & drove a Ford Tempo were the folks to wear Iron Maiden T-shirts.
It was an indicator of a persons socioeconomic status almost.
Sorta like those weird Indian dream catchers people hang up in their single wide trailer.
Or those wolf shirts... How does one reach a point in life where they buy wolf shirts at a gas station?
The real pièce de résistance is a dream catcher with a wolf on it. Hang it up in a trailer next to a Monte Carlo whilst wearing an Iron Maiden shirt in Nebraska or Missouri & odds are a whitetrash vortex will open up & alter space/time while destroying our planet.

Says the guy from Missouri.

#1618 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

He's right though. Trans Ams and Iron Maiden.

You make it sound like Trans Ams or Iron Maiden are a bad thing. Actually the mullet wearers listened to Van Halen,(not Van hagar!) And drove camaroes!

#1625 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

Says the guy from unknown
Lol, just having fun. I put Missouri in there for a reason. Plus my experience here in Missouri makes me an expert on hillbilly white trash

Arizona lol, and we love our metal!

#1627 1 year ago
Quoted from Squizz:

I'm going to pass, Sort of over the music themes atm.
Bring on Jaws, or something original for once.

Lots of original themes out there now.

#1633 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I was thinking about selling my AS and reacquiring MET. Maiden is my favorite band so now I'm torn.

Mght as well wait for the announcement since it's right around the corner.

#1670 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Yeah, I will do that to at least see what Iron Maiden would offer. Although I'm not too sure how I feel about buying a just released game. I've been burned in the past by shoddy code updating.

Can't blame you. I was an instabuy on an LE, but pulled out because of the many issues Stern is facing, including coding.

#1734 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Around 5 years ago I reserved IMDN #66 with our local distributor
I rang him a few weeks ago about getting a LUCI and asked about IMDN
He said hang on I'll check my diary, this gentlemen is old school, yeah I still have you down for #66
lol, wow ! What a champion
obviously the number is irrelevant to the number of the beast, but at the time LE's were limited to 500, so I thought 666 impossible. lol
Today guessing there will be at least 700 LE's and possible version variations ?
I have said it before, If executed correctly the LE's will sell out in a heartbeat

You won't have a chance to see it it's executed well, itll sell out nearly as fast as MetLE.

1 week later
#1815 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Ministry would be the only metal band theme I'd be interested in. Maiden reminds me of Mentos commercials.
» YouTube video

Cause early Ministry screams metal. Don't get me wrong, I love Ministry, even the first album, but Maiden never looked or sounded like the pet shop boys.

220px-Ministry_-_With_Sympathy_era_photoshoot (resized).jpg

#1833 1 year ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Wtf are they ? Never heard of them? Religious theme ?

Youtube dude. Bad ass band!

#1853 1 year ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I would like to know more about the success of the newer Music pins. Like how kiss and Aerosmith are doing. A c d c seems to be a favorite of several of my friends.
I love iron maiden, but after iron maiden and what is currently out there. That's a lot of music pin choices now. There are many Good choices.

KISS code seems to be coming along and Aerosmith seems t be fun as well. I don't think you can go wrong on any of them honestly
Ac/dc are the cream of the crop, with ac/DC probably getting a slight edge.

#1864 1 year ago

Awesome ha. I will be disappointed if you don't use this font in every reply you make.

1 week later
#1958 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

Stern...
They still haven’t finished my Aerosmith
They somehow made a Star Wars pin I don’t want
They coded the beautiful GOTG so poorly I won’t buy it
They lost rights to Pulp Fiction (rumored)
They lost the rights to Elvira (rumored)
They are making the most white trash dirtbag rock band pin ever (Iron Maiden)
If Munesters is true I bet it’s kapow collab. They like to make expensive old shit.
Why am I even here?
Oh yeah, to see when they update Aerosmith & to follow the CGC unboxing threads/updates.

Great question, why are you here?

#1962 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

Selfish reasons mostly.
You?

Because I'm not a selfish douchebag, mostly.

#1972 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

Wait, that's what I meant to say too.
Can I change my answer?

Well, I got scolded for not being "Nice". I hope I didn't offend an admitted troll..

#1981 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Uh, oh. Broke rule #2, don't talk about being modded.

What's rule #3, might as well go for the Trifecta.

#1985 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

Sorry to hear that.
We're just weird pinball forum people blindly praising or bashing a game none has yet to see anyway.
Let me buy you a beer & a wolf shirt to call a truce.

Quoted from PW79:

Sorry to hear that.
We're just weird pinball forum people blindly praising or bashing a game none has yet to see anyway.
Let me buy you a beer & a wolf shirt to call a truce.

Thing is, people know the music and what we expect art wise so those of us who are interested have positive feel for the game. You know the same as us, but instead of just saying not interested, or not commenting at all, you basically called a bunch of us white trash. Which in my case might be true lol, but still.

Anyway, peace!

#1987 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

It does, why? POTC is still months away from production, ACNC looks good and all but theres only 500 and they will take time to produce. Houdini looks great but same thing, Stern will have a new game out and delivered with another on the way before most people see these other pins, and like Who-Dey mentioned theres many to choose from still in production or out of production in the used market. Stern has nothing to worry about, well except for pinsiders and their delightful way.

They have something to worry about if people hold off on buying a Stern for these other titles.

#1990 1 year ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

And this is based on what information, exactly?
Cause last info released from Stern said they were up significantly, year over year.
But hey, I’m sure you have some kind of accurate information and you’re not just spewing hate in a Stern thread, right?

And you are probably right, but I was insta buy on a Maiden LE. Told my distro I'm out due to many lingering issues with code, qc etc. They are a year behind on code and when there were no other players, they got by. Now? They have some real competition, so for now yes, they still dominate. In a year, 2 years from now?? Probably won't matter, I'm betting Gary cashes out before the hit on the bottom line occures.

3 weeks later
#2153 1 year ago

By then I think we were already aware it was coming. In fact my distro had already asked me to confirm my LE spot, which I stupidly turned down. LoSeR

2 weeks later
#2177 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

With ABBA doing 2 new songs now (artwork like Aerosmith) they would be a good theme for a Pinball. They are also doing a virtual tour so time is right for someone to take that license.

ABBA lol. If their was a niche pin, that would be it. Right behind Queen.

6 months later
#2520 11 months ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Those ratings are fine and all but i sold my Medieval and Attack From Mars out of boredom, im a sucker fir tge new Sterns and deep rulesets.

This doesn't apply to you then.

#2544 11 months ago
Quoted from jorro:

[quoted image]

Wish I was rich!!!

1 month later
#2606 9 months ago

For sure, use Jaws a movie that hasn't been in theaters in 40 years, to attract the younger crowd.

#2616 9 months ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Everybody knows Jaws.

I highly doubt that. I'll ask some younger family members.

#2617 9 months ago
Quoted from Goronic:

From Sterns latest releases: https://sternpinball.com/games/
The Munsters - 1964
The Beatles - 1960
Iron Maiden - 1975
Batman 66 - 1966
Metallica - 1981
AC/DC - 1980
Guardians of the Galaxy - 2014
Star Wars - 1977
Aerosmith - 1970
Star Trek (new cast) - 2012
Deadpool - 2016

Edit, you guys got to this first.

2 weeks later
#2673 9 months ago

Bring on Black Night 3000!!

#2675 9 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Black Knight, Sucka would be an attention-grabbing title and it'd feature a black black knight.
Blackest Knight
Black Knights <--- lots of possibilities when there are more than one of them
Night Knight <--- Kevin Hart SLE mandatory

Good Knight. The White Knight in shiny armor who saves the day. That, or I'm going to bed, Good Night!

1 week later
#2712 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

The Munsters I purchased is a Blast.
Fun for the entire family.

I played it for the first tI'm last night. Great family fun and I enjoyed it.

#2741 8 months ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

And the volleyball scene too, right?

Gotta bring the ladies in somehow. "Loving feeling" multiball.

1 week later
#2827 8 months ago
Quoted from Maide:

That's exactly the a Black Knight 2000 art piece, with Stern instead of Williams and the 2000 switched with 3000. You can even see where they coloured over the 2 in 2000. Don't hold your breath for bad fakes

Only downvoted because I dont see how it would make aesthetic sense to have the 2 squished into the white portion of the lighting bolt, while the 2 00's take up to entire lighting bolt almost. Have you seen the original and are referencing that?

#2831 8 months ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Original art from a BK2K plastic. [quoted image]

Thats not the pic he was talking about that was photochopped.

3 weeks later
#2897 7 months ago

Swords of Fury, in baby blue.

#2915 7 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

There are a couple funny parts, but it needed a much better editor and better material from the writer/director for him to edit. The casting was pretty bad except for the Tommy Lee guy. When Machine Gun Kelly is getting destroyed by the 6 year-old actress that plays his daughter, then Machine Gun Kelly is a bad actor. The little girl destroys him in the scenes they share.

And I am sure they glossed over the fact Vince Neil killed the drummer from Hanoi Rocks and permantly paralyzed 2 other people. He got 30 days in jail. The victims? Life sentences. Sorry to be a downer lol.

#2917 7 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

No, since Sixx didn't do that it was one of the "centerpieces" of the show with the crash and the jail and Vince's terribly-acted emoting when he comes back to the studio. But again, since all the scenes play out like bulletpoint vignettes with zero character development, Razzle is just some dude that got a BJ at the table with Crue groupies in the scene before. There's little context to make you care about these people that come in and out. Nikki Sixx was CLEARLY driving the train since he gets more time than anyone else, starting from when he was like 12. He also has the aforementioned sanitization of the group rape he talked about in the book.

Got yea. After I posted I see that it was part of the film, since Sixx wasn't the criminal, it helps the narrative about being the bad boys of rock. Even reading(Yea no internet, just Karrang!!!) as a 14 year old in 1984 I knew this was messed up. It is Sixxs band after all..

#2924 7 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

How good is this hobby at the moment - John Borg just released what he calls his best layout yet, Steve Ritchie was unleashed on an unlicensed theme that has blown everyone away. Brian Eddy has been pulled out of pinball retirement to follow up on his last game which is one of the best of all time, Elwin has just produced his first game which is one of the best and most unique layouts ever, and Pat Lawlor is about do drop Willy Wonka on us. And I haven’t even mentioned the A-team working over at DeepRoot. Never thought it would be possible, but are we witnessing a pinball renaissance that is even better than the early - mid 90’s?

Soo, marketplace competition is good! You are absolutely right, the pins coming out are amazing.

1 week later
#3050 7 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

I'm very disappointed in Black Knight gameplay. Doesnt look like my kind of game.
So......what's next? Lol
Brian Eddy's game? (Jurassic World?)
A Vault?
Elvira?
The next speculation begins.
Still praying for
-Queen (with a unique theme/not just pics of the band etc.)
-Back to the Future
-Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure(s)
-Tron LCD based on original movie (never happening)
-Batman the Animated Series

What game play vid did you watch?

#3052 7 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Check out the black knight thread. I'm not alone in this sentiment. The pro seems like the better pin but it was an extremely anti climactic reveal. I'm just bummed. I was ready to love it bit I have to play it now first to see. Not feeling though. It just doesnt seem like the kind of game I enjoy.

Cool, I just don't understand how people can judge a game from a short clip, but I don't have as much pinball experience, so maybe I dont know what I dont know. Looks and sounds bad ass to me, but I would not buy sight unseen either.

#3071 7 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How did you derive from my statement that I would have experience in "that area"?
Nice try, but you failed.

When accusing someone of something, you must have first hand knowledge, or you are talking out of your ass. Which is it in your case?

3 weeks later
#3156 6 months ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Really ? No need for the cursing /swearing !

Sorry Granmama!

1 week later
#3230 6 months ago
Quoted from jorro:

Sooöoo
Next game will be?

Surfs up! Perfect for warped playfields.

All joking aside, if this guy is 250 in the country(meaning he should have seen it right away) and waited a year, thats on him.

3 weeks later
#3346 5 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

I wouldn't say no to that if he did it. I watched a LOT of that show when my kids were small. Very relaxing for naptime.

That show is creepy.

#3350 5 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

If you were a baby, toddler, or parent needing a break, it was AMAZING. I am forever indebted to teletubbies.

But at what expense to the childrens future well being lol.

1 week later
#3379 4 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

The 4 jaws movies have been seen by more people than the 35 Godzilla movies (outside of Japan)

Their are 4 jaws movies? Huh, who knew...

2 weeks later
#3558 4 months ago

Mad max.

#3644 4 months ago

Inatabuy! Never happen..

1 week later
#3804 4 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

I keep getting down votes from a guy with a 40% approval rating. Makes sense.

Triggered much! Irony at its finest. Let it go man, who gives a hoot about downvotes?

#3931 4 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Hot topic today.

Drop it like its hot, a hot topic!

Seems the home game thing died quickly, thank whatever lord you serve!

#3941 4 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Stern makes 3 Cornerstone titles (Pro/Premium/LE) a year.
Elvira is no Cornerstone title.
Additionally Munsters may not count for 2019.

How do you know? Serious question, as you post seemingly fact. How do you know?

#4080 3 months ago
Quoted from unigroove:

In theory, we might see two reveals: a home game and an Arcade game.
What makes no sense is why Stern would tell their distributors there is a homegame coming, if it will be distributed by Costco and/or Amazon. Did Stern tell their distributors about Pabst Can Crusher, Supreme and Primus? These games all had their own distribution channel.

Maybe they only told certain distros, to see who would leak? Must be 007 then, friggin spy thriller!

#4087 3 months ago

There has to be another regular being announced. What a huge letdown.

#4093 3 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

It has a coin door.

I dont see any mechs or holes to insert or eject coins. Possibly to just service the games? Maybe they will be like hell, we will sell you mechs if you want to put it on route, for a day.

#4269 3 months ago

Ok, so now that we know what is coming, with plenty of threads to boot.

Lets get back on topic, . What will be the next Stern?

Mad Max would be sweet!!

#4271 3 months ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Elvira would be the next one in October. Or do you mean after that? That then should be Brian Eddy's game, but would we see that before year end or in January?

Speculation is what this thread is about and Elvira and Halloween. Seems like a sure bet!

#4322 3 months ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

So many posts on forehand and now it's quiet? What do you guys think of the Jurassic Park release?
To me it looks nice and I am anxious to play it to find out if it's a pin I should consider buying. I'm no fan of JP whatsoever and the DE pin has little value to me, it's nice to play on location and it stands out from the most others you can find there but nothing more.
Future will tell I guess.

Once the game gets announced, usually that discussion moves over to a dedicated thread. This is simply a speculation thread for the next game after whatever just got released. I think next is Elvira.

1 week later
#4331 3 months ago

Mad Max!!

#4334 3 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

Oh hell yes. Fantastic theme. Bad assery in my den.

All Hot Rods and heavy metal. No Tina Turner!!!

1 week later
#4423 89 days ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

It'd be not the greatest idea to make another Alice in Wonderland pin, head to head with deeproot.

Yea, If I were Stern, I would totally worry about what dr is doing, I mean they have been killing it lately! /sarcasm

#4424 89 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

You're confusing mechanical design with lighting. That's your first mistake. Pinball is ABOUT mechanical design, and Stern is a pale imitation of Bally/Williams' mechanical design. The lack of subways are just one manifestation of that.

This guy lol. Weren't you the one who bitches non-stop about Oktoberfest animations, without once mentioning game play?

#4428 89 days ago

Lottsa facts going around!

image (resized).jpg
#4442 88 days ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

But luckily for Stern you aren't.
You usually try to avoid to do something that is directly compareable.
There's no benefit in this.

You are right, DP better change plans.

#4445 88 days ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

What plans?
To not develop Alice in Wonderland because someone on pinside said it's a good idea for Stern to make it?
So because of that now it's a fact that Stern will do it?
You should do a podcast. You definately get to win the TWIPYs!

You are the one who suggested Stern not to develop AIW, as DR is developing it supposedly. I merely turned it around by suggesting DR should change any plans.

#4450 87 days ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I know.
And it makes no sense at all in chronological cause effect.

Maybe if DR and Stern were on the same level. DR is vaporware, Stern could announce AIW tomorrow and would sell a shit ton without a worry in the world what DR might do 3 years from now. Anyways

Mad Max!!

#4463 86 days ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That we'll see...

THat without a doubt!

Three years is a long time. I have no doubt that a JPop AIW in 3 years would sell better then the 3 year old AIW from Stern.
Any game would.

Well yea, cause by the time DR has AIW ready for beta, Stern will have already released 12 games. You do understand that Stern and DR are nowhere near the same, right?

#4464 86 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Deeproot ? What is that?

Exactly. I think they post screen shots and stuff.

#4466 85 days ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Stern has allready a lot more games released then 12 before AiW.
You may specify your time frame and explain what you are answering to here to make an argument.
I see none.
Stern has a working infrastructure, noone denies that.
What does that have to do with "deeproot having to cancel AiW because they announced it and therefore one sole guy on pinside thinks it would be a great idea for Stern to make one as well, wich will sell like hotcakes and smash DR"?
If Deeproot is as over confident as you they'll do 5 pinball machines at launch and every one is AiW from a different team, because that's just a brilliant idea according to you.

Ok, here it is. Stern and DR could announce the same theme tomorrow. Who will sell more, faster and with product support? Dont answer, we all know...Which pin would be better? Who knows or cares, completely different timelines, which thus far hasn't affected POTVC JP, or soon Guns and roses.

2 weeks later
#4478 71 days ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Yes, but usually you wouldn't do that theme if you know someone else has "the same" game coming out.

Lol, here we go again. It depends on what pin manufacturers are doing the same theme.

#4483 70 days ago

Why, you keep not getting it lol.

1 week later
#4494 61 days ago
Quoted from Rat:

I expect the next Stern title will be delayed.
Just like the JP2 games are right now.

Why? Clearcoat.

2 weeks later
#4572 44 days ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

A ball eating jaws toy that jumps out of the playfield?

Just retheme JP2. Shark head for the dino, boat in place of the jeep. Walla, JAWS!

1 week later
#4697 37 days ago

Ill play!!! Any of these would be my dream theme!

https://www.imdb.com/

#4795 34 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sign me up for top gun. love LOVE that movie.
I'm not close to 50, but goonies not appealing to them? interesting.
I'm sick of old old themes like munsters (snooze) elivra (snooze), etc. 80s is where it's at.

I think Top Gun has the best chance to wrangle in old and young!

#4857 33 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I don’t really care to have Tom Cruise in my basement even as good as that movie was.

Youd rather have a bunch of little boys? Sorry, had to..

1 week later
#5048 22 days ago

Old men buy pins for the most part.

#5066 22 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Never make purchasing decisions based on emotions but for the product itself.

Or listening to a douche canoe podcast.

#5182 19 days ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

I don't care what the next theme is, who's designing it, and who is doing the code. Just give me a relevant pinball that I can buy, run on the route for a few years, make some money, then sell.
No more dream titles for me. Casual players go on what they know. Munsters was cute, but I am in my 40s and they were 20 years old when i was a kid. BKsor, another nod to the old times. Elvira is another game piggy backing on its 2 previous games. Can't run it. I have bar/restaurants that have kids playing the games. One parent complains and it's out. Not to mention the price structure doesn't help.

Seriously? One person complains and out. How did we allow one person so much power?

#5271 14 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Plus they're making more Mad Max movies after some initial uncertainty. It has the potential to be a great machine. I'm watching the homebrew project for this one, too.

Mad Max would almost an instabuy if recent playfield and QC issues are addressed.

#5301 13 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

OK, I can see you are not a gamer. I was for a PC gamer for decades! The fact is that gamers are the cheapest bunch I have ever seen! They bitch about spending $60.00 US on an awesome title. Example, Pinball FX 2VR. The entire package (all 12 tables) costs about $65.00. These are awesome! I have them all. And all you have to do is go read the reviews of gamers. They all piss and moan about how expensive it is, and they won't pay for it! This is why every cool technology that has come along in the last 15 years has died out. Example; nvidia 3d vision, Novint Falcon force feed back controller. The Novint Falcon was the greatest first person perspective controller ever invented. I had one with the pistol grip. Feeling the recoil of automatic weapons is needless to say, immersive! The company went bankrupt because apparently $184.00 was just too much for gamers to spend on their hobby, that mind you, they spend tremendous hours on!
As I type this on my 3d Vision display, nvida has stopped support for this awesome tech. You should have seen pinball in 3d vision! So it's no wonder to me that Stern isn't wasting time on gamers. Do you think these people are going to actually drop THOUSANDS on pinball machines?

Exactly, people bitch about old men buying games and the themes that come with it. Umm, unless there are a bunch of trustfund babies getting together and all the sudden buying pins, its the old guys buying pins and that is where the themes will be targeted. These "toys" are freaking expensive and no kid will be buying one anytime soon.

Bring on MAD MAX!!!

1 week later
#5554 3 days ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

TMNT is out, sort of:
[quoted image]

4 Days ago wants this post back.

#5555 3 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

It would have to have a really shallow playfield pitch so it played REAAALLLY SLOW.

Some sort of smog machine or something to cloud up reality!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside