dr (resized).jpg
IMG_2624 (resized).jpeg
Nelson (resized).png
Andre (resized).png
dad_lg-min (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jackontherocks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#159 7 years ago

I still say Castelvania pin would work and still want an NHL pin whic I know will never happen. But Maiden I would like despite not liking anything new by them since Brave New World.

1 week later
#255 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

There will not be an Iron Maiden pin. How about that?

Until 2017

1 month later
#399 7 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Whatever band they choose - their music isn't enough to get them over the line. It has to have an associated 'story' with it. Characters and themes Stern can exploit and work with. Maiden is in front by a mile here. Existing artwork, a broad range of adventurous stories themes, times and worlds. Led Zep, Aerosmith etc is bollocks I reckon. Won't happen. Even if you aren't t a fan of Iron Maiden, as a business person you'd go with the theme that was going to bring in $.

I hope for Maiden and a few others someday but without DMD. I hope they add more call outs to any music pin made and agree with story line besides just the music.

3 months later
#494 7 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

The problem with a Van Halen pin would be after selling some games fast and some success the games ego would get too big and all the parts might not want to work together anymore. Coils would leave to go to other pins, flippers would want to be on other side of the stage (cabinet). New bass speaker to replace older bass (better) speaker. Might be better with all Van Halen pin (well maybe not not VHIII/Gary Cherone version).
I've seen all the versions of VH. Saw many great shows,
I also went to see the Sammy Hagar-David Lee Roth tour. I also saw them both on solo tours. Both had great solo shows.
The one main thing out of all the shows I went to was, Sammy always brought it to the show, always rocked hard.
I didn't get a chance to see them this last time with David, wanted too. Who will be the next singer? When will they ever tour again?
It's one of those show/tours that you need to see before the train comes off the tracks.
All that said, I would like to check out a new Van Halen Pin.

I enjoyed the Sam and Roth tour as well.

10 months later
#1100 6 years ago
Quoted from chill:

As long as pinball manufacturers are still in business, I'm happy. Vault editions are fine with me.\
I would love to see a TZ and Funhouse remake.

How about a new version called The Night Gallery which was after TZ show.

1 month later
#1203 6 years ago

Maiden in 2018 or 2019. http//www.blabbermouth.net/news/iron-maiden-announces-2018-legacy-of-the-beast-european-tour/ I know someone on here owes me a shirt when game gets made eventually.

3 weeks later
#1211 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

From what I hear STVE is for sure. On the other hand Iron Maiden will never see the light of day.

Maiden will be made

#1227 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Sorry. Blame JT not me. If it does see the light of day it won't be the one he designed. Maybe Spooky or JJP will do one some day?

I would rather a Motörhead pin and so would Lemmy but know it would never happen so Maiden will do.

2 months later
#1486 6 years ago

Where is the guy who owes me a shirt when I said this game would be made about 4 or 5 years ago, can’t find the thread, just curious

#1535 6 years ago

Yep I posted this as well awhile back when story came out, this is the tour I want to see. I read or skim through that site every day for my metal news.

#1571 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I want Sci Fi from JJP, original or licensed. Blade Runner? yep sounds good to me.

Night Gallery, which could be a TZ updated version or Tales from the Darkside or Creepshow

#1601 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

I said it before Van Helsing the movie 2004 wil be a great pinball theme.
Its more a Monsterbash on steroids.
Van Helsing, Anna , frankenstein, dracula, Q is a sort off merlin magic, werewolves instead of trolls, the vampire girls ( sluts) ,dr jekyl, and the born vampire creatures for a wizard mode.
Make a Multi level pinball with dracula's castle.
Let the werewolves defend the castle.
Instead of the MM castle bridge/gate put in the tommy mirror (castle wall) it to go to the ice castle.
The trolls wil be the werewolves then.
With all the characters you can do almost everything you want.
There is only one problem..... to many parts for a Stern pro.

Castlevania I think would be better and wanted it done for years. Originally one guy was building one game but no longer can find info on it and probably not happening.

#1748 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The only music pin that's going to sell out this year is Alice Cooper.

Not if it plays and looks like Rob Zombies pin, p about as drained out as his vocals are during a live show, and I like Rob Zombie music but not great live act let’s face it.

3 weeks later
#2055 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Terrible 3D art for eddie (and even the environments, actually).

Agree, since Riggs left there album covers after Brave New World have been horrrible.

2 weeks later
#2137 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

thats great news.

I try and play that game every chance I get, even when I'm alone which isn't easy believe me.

Prince was a great musican and song writer and I like his music but for pinball its shit.
I'd like a Motorhead pin.

Always wished for a Motörhead pin too

3 weeks later
#2184 5 years ago

What’s after Deadpool

#2201 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Is it Munsters.....hope so.

And then Elvira 3 in 2019 after those two titles, seems too close for these two games monster titles

#2209 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Munsters by Borg is what most of the people with usually correct info are saying will follow Deadpool. Borg was telling some groups of people at TPF that he’s a Fall release, he never said Munsters (or gave any hint as to the title) but said he had some incredible mechs he was visibly excited about. We will see.
Queen would be a good theme. Beatles is a bit old for my personal taste but I’m sure plenty of people will be plenty interested in it. Jurassic World would be a great theme but id rather see JJP do that one.

I think some extra mechs are missing in the Maiden Premium and LE, just my thoughts after play the pro which is great and tons of shots up top but want more in the other versions. They wasted no going through back of game on middle shot.

1 week later
#2253 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Thats why Motorhead is a much better option. I like the Beatles but the music is shit for pinball.

Always wanted a Motörhead pin and so did Lemmy!

8 months later
#2631 5 years ago

More importantly will we see anything new in these games or same things rehashed with no new ideas in the games, not a knock on stern I mean will new ideas be put into their games like others or BOM too expensive excuse. Also would love to see Stern do a wide body game again even though I hear assembly line not made for them.

2 months later
#3030 5 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I have been hoping as we get closer to the next movie being released, we might see a new Avatar pinball. It is a great theme for me and is high on my list to own one day!

That movie sucked no need for more pain in a pin, just like all the superhero madness movies of special effects and boring plots.

#3035 5 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Really? So why did it win so many awards and had one of the biggest box office sales of all time ?

Awards shows are like the rock n roll hall of fame, meaningless. I am not a fan of special effects only movies or superheroes with same story played out over and over again. Hope the pins of this timeless boring movies are still fun but could care less about hardly any pointless Hollywood over paid and worthless acting movies. As far Avatar nothing special but pretty colors.

1 month later
#3246 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Likely to be Brian Eddy's pin, then Elvira 3 after that. Lyman's been super low-profile lately, so I'm assuming he's buried in Elvira 3 code, which is a good sign.

Is Elvira 3 been confirmed one version or multiple versions that what I really want to know

1 month later
#3458 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

If they did a Bond they could really make some cool Artwork on the cab, loads of movies + soundtracks to choose from:
[quoted image][quoted image]

He was my favorite Bond too

#3459 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I'm continually shocked pinball manufacturers aren't working with videogame licenses.
Pokémon, Metroid, Resident Evil, Half Life, Halo, Mario Bros, Sonic The Hedgehog, etc etc etc.
So many great titles that are known for big action, have a huge built-in fanbase, and so many assets to work with creatively.
From the 80s you had stabs at it with Q*Bert, Baby Pac, Mr. and Mrs Pacman, Joust. 90s Gottlieb gave us SFII and 2 Mario games. (Rollercoaster Tycoon counts, I guess)
But here we are with pins based off 50-60 year old TV shows and bands doing their long retirements. I love the new titles, but the people that grew up on home video games are now the ones with the careers and midlife crises!
I've seen a lot of griping in forums where people are like "NEW RESIDENT EVIL GAME???" and it's a thread lamenting that the new machine is a Biohazard pachinko from Japan. The pachinko/pachislo industry has done a decent job in tapping the video game world. I think other popular ones were Metal Gear, Castlevania, and Silent Hill.

Castlevania has been my wish for a long long time. I think Ninja Gaiden would work too. Maiden was my wish and it happened. I started a few threads about it and knew it would be a hit as some disagreed. Sure the Archer layout helped but it’s a hit. Castlevania could be the new Horror pin unless Elvira 3 knocks it out of the park.

#3462 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Castlevania would be awesome. Not so sure about Ninja Gaiden. Maybe a Metal Gear pin? Lots of source material.

Castlevania would work as horror for a pin I know. Just always think of both those games as my favorite NES franchise games. I still have not pasted all of them. Loved the music.

3 months later
#4668 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

It wont happen now with Elvira 3 coming out but I would have preferred another Tales from the Crypt.
Big spooky house with gargoyles? Check.
Cheesy horror clips? Check.
Overly campy host? Check.
There are just too many overlapping qualities to justify it now. Maybe a retheme 10yrs from now but I doubt it.

Love my TFTC, always thought John Borg Metallica game is basically an updated version of TFTC. Would love to see it remade with Cryptkeeper in the electric chair. Maybe a Creepshow pin as series came back through some online stream.

2 weeks later
#5141 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Pee Wee could be a great theme, lots to add. Just not sure how many people are fans of that show these days.

never liked him but Weird Al I do

#5191 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

America has become a society of nanny pamby botch ass whiners who are offended at everything and by god if someone is offended by something everyone has to suffer.

Hence the “monkey” that was removed on Oktobefest game. Shocked it created such nonsense.

1 week later
#5394 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

What do you mean I don't play pinball?
I play it every day.
What do you mean I don't play pinball?
Got nothing better to do.
Megadeth as a pinball theme might sell, but whose buying?
Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry for the lame Megadeth jokes. May my post rust in peace.
Edit... Thought of another one...
And what do you mean I can't pay my bills?
I bought the Stern Megadeth pinball machine... Why do you think I'm BROKE!

I wish for a Motorhead pin but know it will never happen, even saw in an interview Lemmy wanted one done. I always thought a pin game like the game Brutal Legend would work or Monsters of rock.

1 week later
#5535 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Brian is doing JAWS which will be a Stern Widebody.... "You're Gonna Need a Bigger Basement"![quoted image]

I thought someone said in the past on a post that the new Stern factory assembly lines are not made for a widebody game. I would very much like to see what they could do now and if pack more in a game someday. I like JJP can do Assembly on both widebody & standard games. Anybody ever ask Gary why no widebody from Stern, just curious as would think he would answer this question since not about titles, etc.

#5608 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

Space Jam 2 is my darkhorse. Or whatever that Melissa McCarthy holding a cat movie is. Weren't there rumors of a scooby doo pinball machine?[quoted image]

Man oh man do movies suck today about as bad as music

1 week later
1 week later
#5832 4 years ago

Stern bring back a widebody at least in the next 5 years so we get more in a game

#6011 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Oh man...No I am stuck between getting Rick and Morty or Stranger Things.

Never watched either one or heard of them until Pinside, not for me but hope you all enjoy.

2 weeks later
#6324 4 years ago

I am going to guess The Matrix, since part 4 is coming out next year. I am not a fan of the movies but it’s my random pick or maybe Bill n Teds as also coming out. Just a hunch.

1 month later
#6622 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Anchovies so good, can't wait to get one this weekend during SB

3 months later
#7588 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

Kind of like Monster Bash, except it will cost $37,000 by the time they secure all the rights and pay royalties.

I have said this before like the game Brutal Legend.

1 week later
#7628 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Ahhh... that Zombie Yeti art on the new Megadeth pin is gonna be awesome.

Good I can get rethemed into a Motorhead pin, like Megadeth but love Motörhead.

#7720 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Harry Potter is L A M E...and so is Zeppelin imo. The next Stern is most definitely TMNT.

Which is a lame title too

#7732 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

TMNT will be a mega seller. The franchise has stayed relevant from its inception until today. One of the most successful comic franchises of all time. I totally understand why people born prior to 1978 wouldn’t care about it...but it will sell huge and it will KILL on location

Yes might sell but not into teenage Mutant ninja buttheads as I remember someone referring to them back in my high school days. I had a friend and we would walk to the bus and he always wanted to watch the cartoon and I would say let’s go you Teenage Butthead. I thought He-Man or GI Joe would be better in this era and more popular.

#7823 3 years ago

Funny people hate some of the music the themes that should or could be made but love the crap in Marvel and cartoons that are made, never liked the buttheads but as usual still hope its fun to play and a hit if that makes any sense.

1 week later
#8126 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Until Stern integrates an adult speech mode it will be!

I wish they would have a setting on more games for additional speech/humor options if preferred the game to say more adult themed stuff, what was the last game to actually do this?

#8128 3 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Was it Sopranos...?

I think you might be right, loved that in the game, how many Stern titles have that option?

1 week later
#8271 3 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Kaneda’s entertaining, sometimes his info is accurate, sometimes it is not, but it is fun to listen to.
I think we have all made the mistake of being misinformed and / or saying something inaccurate at times.
In one of Kaneda’s most recent podcasts he praised the Pin Monk silent fans, he put one in Rick and Morty!
[quoted image]

Wish Maiden had more in it than just pure shots, it’s fun and fast But no toys and middle of game gets old quick. Too bad these features left out.

1 week later
#8349 3 years ago

I wish music pins just had an option to play the songs without words as well, instrumental only while the quotes go out. Any way this could be done? Just curious and would be a nice mix up.

#8386 3 years ago

I downvote teenage mutant buttheads as a show but the pin looks awesome if that makes any sense. Not like Rick and Morty down vote pin and show, get it.

1 week later
1 week later
#8599 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

People keep talking about Jaws, and I love Jaws, but I just don't see how you could make it into an entertaining pinball machine. Make shots to dodge Jaws at the beach. Make shots to find Brody. Make shots to get Brody to find Quint. Make shots to repeatedly avoid Hooper because Richard Dreyfuss is a dolt and the only stain on the movie. Make shots to get on boat. Make shots to listen to more of Quints stories. Make shots to chum the water. Seriously. Has anyone who drools over a Jaws pin actually thought it through? It would have to be the most linear pinball game ever made to even work, or it would have about as much in common with the movie as the original Jaws video game did.

People said Iron Maiden would never work I said it would about 7 or 8 years ago on pinside. Now it’s voted Sterns number #1 baby. Hey Gary Stern you owe me at least a shirt, actually someone on here does if game was made need to find it again on past thread. Here it is https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-iron-maiden-album-in-2014-will-a-pin-follow-3/page/2

#8608 3 years ago

Boooooo boooooo booo

#8609 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

To be fair, you said "there is a new album coming out, that means a maiden pin should come out too, but it should only have old songs on it." Anyone who wanted an Iron Maiden pin felt exactly the same. No Maiden fans like anything new from them. It's not like that was a big gamble on your part lol.
You also didn't go into what would be in the game from a toys perspective (you probably wouldn't have guessed pharoah and sarcophagus as key features), talk about which songs would be in the game/how playing through those modes would look, what the wizard modes would look like, what the shot layout would be similar to, etc. You basically said "I want an Iron Maiden pin" and left it at that. People didn't say Iron Maiden wouldn't work, they said "why not X instead?" because they don't like Iron Maiden. I don't love Iron Maiden as a band (I like them), but it is one of my all-time favourite pins. None of what makes Iron Maiden great as a pin has anything to do with the band or the music, which is why even people who don't like Maiden like the pin.

That would be too much work. I do wish it had more toys in it. Like Eddie head where balls locked into his eyes and mouth in back of game where the center ramp goes through and just hits it.

#8614 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Except if you are already a Maiden fan. The music is well integrated. It doesnt feel tacked on (which is surprising since it kind of literally was)
I even upgraded my speakers which is not something id normally do.
The game is great regardless of ones feekings about the music butnthe music DOES help make the game even better to a Maiden Fan.
I like AC/DC music ok but i dont like the way its tied into the gameplay on that one.

My point is If your a fan of rock n roll and heavy metal and don’t like Maiden music something must be wrong with you. They are in the top 25 bands of these categories. Just about all 25 bands are good, not all my favorite but not the bands I dislike the most. It’s not like the pin was made on some trendy alternative music or new wave Korn crap era.

#8621 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Archer would have been much better for me.

Never watched or heard of Archer or Rick n Morty until on pinside, not a fan of either themes. On a side note I do think the new design used for Maiden that was originally archer helped the game sell so well and why its liked more. Wish they did not delete the additional items in archer when they converted to Maiden. I just wish as I have over expressed Maiden had more toys (like Metallica) or items in it to make it so special besides just shots.

#8625 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Both are cartoons, but they are not kids shows. They both are funny on many levels and aimed at geeky/intelligent people in much the same demographic as the pinball collecting community. I wish Stern had gotten the Rick and Morty theme, so there would not be this stupid limit on the number of games. I also with they would re-release IMDN as Archer at some point.
I really like the layout of IMDN and I know a lot of people bought the game despite the theme - not because of it. If I ever got IMDN, I would have to substitute every song in the game with pinbrowser. I figure a bunch of Ozzie, Hendrix and Deep Purple will fit that game fine.

Not against those shows just not for me, not a fan of Deadpool or Turtles or Star Trek much but can like the pins if are fun to play. Just about any pin the songs or quotes get old and repetitive, wish the music pins had instrumental and live versions that could be put in. Iron Maiden music just works well for me with pinball. I think the extra quotes in Maiden work well with dialogue besides the music and lcd screen imagines they created too.

1 month later
#9827 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

sorry but NST, Munsters, TNMT and Marvel are huge all over the world. Elvira less so I agree.
But I'm kinda glad that theme is something that I can get over. TMNT, Iron Maiden, Elvira, NST all themes that I wouldn't ordinarily go anywhere near. But the games underneath are so fantastic who cares about the theme. fortunately I fixed the music in IMDN.

I will take rock n roll and heavy metal over any superhero, but with that being said I do like some of the superhero pins but hate the movies. I find it hard for those of rock fans not to like just about all of the music pins that have been made by Stern, all the bands are in the top 20 or 30 of all time and classic tunes, ACDC, Metallica, Maiden, Stones. I guess some trendy alternative fans in here or overrated rap crap techno shit.

#9830 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I've got MET and IMDN but really don't like the music. AC-DC I borrowed for a while but wasn't so keen on the game - not a bad game but just not my cup of tea. Aerosmith was a miss because it didn't have Run DMC in it.
I'll just take an epic game with epic gameplay! A theme I like is a bonus, a theme I don't like is fine but both being done well is mandatory (see epic game!)
Neil

Nice just curious why others dislike some bands if a rock fan, overall I like Or can handle just about every bad but not love every band is what I am trying to say

#9885 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Keith gets themes that just don't get me excited. IMDN is a awful band and I would have much rather have seen this be Keith's original choice of Archer. JP has never been a favorite of mine, though I don't dislike it. Now a comic theme when I'm completely burned out on everything to do with comic books other than The Boys or Dead Pool. Season 2 of The Boys hits Amazon on Sept 4; I would buy this pin if it was The Boys instead of anything to do with The Avengers. Count me as a location player on this game eager to see another Keith layout, but still saving for Led Zep.

Iron Maiden great band, I wish the pin had more in it as missing toys and items removed from the archer game. The maiden game which I wanted made forever is pure fun and tons of shots but that’s it, needed something like a big Eddie head balls would pop out of or in the center shot which should have gone through back of game like LOTR center shot. Never watched and Archer show at all. Led Zep will be a hit as a pin as so many wanted it but the band is overrated and did not last long enough. Bring on a Black Sabbath pin. If Either ones are made will not have the LCD used like the imagines as best works with Iron Maiden, my guess it will be horrible like Aerosmith lcd imagines used as either band has no stage props or character like an Eddie too spin off the band for the details on the screen.

3 months later
#11593 3 years ago

Licensed or not we should be getting more for our money. Like a car has several models the pins just don’t have that extra stuff or whatever you want to call it past the base model. Add x or whatever the $amount is and make great full production intense detailed pins all models.

#11659 3 years ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

I really do wish we could get some video game licenses for pinball....
Have not played cyberpunk 2077, but the art sure looks cool..... how about the Witcher
, it has a tv series now.
Video game list.... games that have iconic visuals and or sound.... I know some of them would be shallow....
Mario ( any of them) make it family friendly design.
Luigis mansion
Pokémon
Zelda
Fortnite - I don’t love it but my son sure does
Doom (good intense theme)
Sea of thieves
Red dead, GTA
Need for speed, forza, etc.....
Halo (curious how the arcade machine earned, I thought it was fun)
Last of us, god of war, etc.....
I’m sure the studios would be good about providing assets
Sorry this is way off track, just seems like their is a ton of untapped themes here.

I said it before so here goes again CASTLEVANIA for the win, great graphics, sound and music and horror which almost everyone loves, it would be an upgraded Monster Bash meets Dracula pin if done right.

FAB951F6-C061-43AF-8A3D-2D94A76CD6C5 (resized).jpegFAB951F6-C061-43AF-8A3D-2D94A76CD6C5 (resized).jpeg
#12078 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Well, now that we know Stern's new game is Led Zeppelin, that discussion should head over to the various new threads that have popped up.
Back to this thread's focus...what's **The Next Stern Pin** going to be?

Right agree, also need to change the poll is LZ for you. Also I know there will be other music pins by Stern not necessary next pin made by them but my guess is the next music pin they make is Black Sabbath with Ozzy call outs

1 week later
#12356 3 years ago

I wish for Motorhead as well, if not maybe retheme AC/DC to it with Snaggletooth in the middle

#12363 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

That being said give me Ozzy/sabbath ,Godzilla ,Jaws then and only then they can take theyre shot .

Ozzy Sabbath and Jaws yes but no interest in another Godzilla, last movie horrible so hard for me to believe they would make it.

#12440 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

True story, see Iron Maiden!!
Up the iron, walkers!!

I pushed for over 8 years for a Maiden pin, see past thread and others said would never happen. Still wish their was more in the pin than just shoots, it fun, fast, but missing those extra toys or features to really stand out like a big Eddie head that locked the balls into his head. Maiden is one of my top 5 bands but one I like more is MOTÖRHEAD. Make it happen.

2 weeks later
#12767 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Hate to break it to y’all but every companies main concern in addition to retaining customers is finding new ones. It’s important for stern to focus on both the 50+ crowd aaaand the 21 year old going to their first arcade bar. I’m 32 and all the people I play pin with are 40 and younger. There is a reason Rick & Morty and Stranger Things came out this last year. Get used at least a couple games a year not being aimed at your age demographic. Led Zeppelin and Munsters wasn’t meant for me or my friends and that’s okay!

Except Led zep and Munsters as a show and a band will be remembered tens times more than Stranger things or Rick & Morty. Not talking about the pins made but actual theme or show based on. As long as the pin is fun to play I am all in to try on location, heck I play them all and see which ones I like, but to own and not like or hate the theme all is a different story. I find a hard time if you like rock n roll and or heavy metal anyone can dislike the music pins that have been made.

#12769 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Ask anyone under 25 if they know what the Munsters is. It’s okay that you’re wrong. But you’re wrong.

Ha and that’s what’s wrong with today’s generation, likes trendy alternate stupid shit.

#12772 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

And the problem with your generation is that you’re wildly out of touch with what’s happening in the real world and you’re too egocentric to realize it.
[quoted image]

Ya boo hoo younger generation addicted to technology and Netflix shit shows. Don’t worry I don’t like the Walking Dead show either or Matrix movies. Honestly I never seen or gave Stranger things a chance but know it’s not for me. Ren and Stimpy beats Rick and Morty. Hopefully I get a chance to try the Stranger Things and Rick & Morty as pins only to see if any fun. Also, I think Led zep is overrated and not better than The Rolling Stones or Beatles who you probably never heard of too, right. Name me a valid punk band better than the Misfits, Ramones, etc. from today as will not happen since you have punk in your name.

6D6CD6A4-7F0A-4E34-B247-2156F94F8D2A (resized).png6D6CD6A4-7F0A-4E34-B247-2156F94F8D2A (resized).png
#12870 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Isn’t the maiden group the ones working on Sabbath? No way Steve will be on that one.

Just hope they put more toys or things into the Black Sabbath if made as wish Maiden had more things in it then just a ton of shots, yes it’s fun but I thought they could have added some more as Maiden has a ton of props compared to Black Sabbath.

#12909 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I surprisingly don't miss toys at all. Maiden is my favorite game. Its such a pleasure to shoot that it doesnt need toys. I also like early SS games and Maiden feels like a modern SS design to me. As does TNA but Maiden has so much more staying power with deeper objectives

Don’t get me wrong as I pushed for Maiden to get made for 8 years, yes it’s a ton a fun and I enjoy, just wished more in it can’t help it but want the best of both worlds in a game. I always wish the toys and features in Metallica were in Maiden, I can play Maiden way better than Metallica and debate about if one of these two games should be my next one or a different pin.

#12911 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I had Metallica and Maiden next to eachother for a bit. Metallica is gone. Maiden will never leave. It comes down to preference in play style but owning Metallica started to feel repetitive to me whereas Maiden doesnt. I loved the shots and flow of Metallica but would turn the machine off after a good long game. Maiden has me hitting start again. Not arguing one over the other, just saying how i feel about these games. I will say my little boy liked Metallica way more. Sparky is always entertaining.

Thanks for the comparison appreciate the info. I like Maiden music way more than Metallica, maiden plays faster for me but feel the middle of game or shots up ramp repetitive. I would love to have in a big collection, just debating if it works well in a one game set up.

#13009 3 years ago

My guess Black Sabbath next music pin

#13078 3 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

BOM is to high for Stern to do "Master shake adventures":

While Boondocks is funny, that is far to controversial for Stern.

Love that episode. Here is a virtual pin I found too.

#13080 3 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

A Pink Floyd pin would be insane and a instant purchase for me. Fingers crossed that this rumor is true.

I can see that being made and Black Sabbath eventually.

1 week later
#13187 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

It’s definitely not the next stern pin but with Avatar 2 coming out in 2022 and Avatar 3 in 2024 I sure hope Stern or JJP revisits this franchise and gives it the pin it deserves.

Worthless boring special effects movie no thanks

4 weeks later
#14288 3 years ago

Judas Priest rock n roll baby. Matches the puzzle.

F08119E5-23D8-487A-9DB5-2F5D7F10B800 (resized).jpegF08119E5-23D8-487A-9DB5-2F5D7F10B800 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#14866 3 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

While I love Megadeth and don't mind Slayer at all, I cannot see Stern or JJP making either. They might have enough fans for a boutique kind of pin, but neither are all that big in North America these days.
I'm not saying that North America should dictate what licenses should and shouldn't be pursued ... I'm merely stating that Stern seems to want a more global audience. While Megadeth and Slayer draw impressive crowds in Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America, their crowds in North America are a far cry from what they were back in the 80s/90s.
Metallica and Iron Maiden seem to be the only metal acts that can draw the big crowds in NA. Stern did them well.
Moreover, many players seem to prefer the more "traditional" soundtrack on BKSoR ... I think that tells you all you need to know about a non-mainstream heavy metal group as a theme for a pinball machine. Scott Ian's soundtrack is frigging awesome for those that love that sound. For those that aren't metal fans, they seem to dislike it enough to be discouraged from playing the game.
I think Pink Floyd has a shot at being immortalized in pinball form. Rush ... maybe.

I love Motörhead and the Scorpions and know pin will not happen or expect it too. But I can see Ozzy or Black Sabbath at some point overall would see globally. Hopefully in the future one day a general pin is made where we can add our own graphics or band on a layout.

#14924 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Rick and Marty,
Production Power.
Technical aspects of an incredible track.
The idea here is when making a music pin it's not just about how awesome a band or songs are.
It's about understanding each track intimately and projecting it onto/into the game to make it next level.
Great mixing with quality hardware makes the difference between night and day.

Yes and more game or toys features if Megadeth is made then in Maiden game, great flow on Maiden but nothing else and wished for it for several years, just wanted more in it. Thought a maiden pin had more stuff to be added to it then a Megadeth pin.

4 weeks later
#15979 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Stern should release a beef jerky pin. Mainly because I just like beef jerky
[quoted image]

One of my favorite beef jerky’s been having since college. Can’t find one that’s better, and then finally redid the website. https://www.jcrivers.com/

1 week later
#17103 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Agreed. I love Primus but so disappointed with the game I couldn't do it. Absolutely can't stand IMDN music but love the game.

Iron Maiden music a hell of lot better thanks Primus. Hard to believe so many not like the music and must not be many true rock n rollers out there. I just wish Maiden played longer sets on tour and that the pin had more toys but it is very fun to play I agree.

2 weeks later
#18301 2 years ago

After the next one Godgrappa will be a music pin Black Sabbath or another band

1 week later
#18557 2 years ago

I wish music pins also had option to just play the songs without words as instrumental, would be neat to mix it up

#18585 2 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

You should have stopped at Motorhead or at least Black Sabbath.

But Ramones and Misfits would work too. Still wish for Motörhead and Sabbath but more likely Sabbath would be made then Motörhead my favorite since not appeal to big fan base

3 months later
#20706 2 years ago

Hope the game is fun if it’s Godzilla, bjt just watched the move Godzilla vs Kong which was a major let down. Still thing BTTF would be a hit.

#21226 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

This is fun. How about the awesome movie that would make a great pin.
The Last Star Fighter.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

There was a thread of someone making one only that was cool

2 months later
#23089 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Totally down for a Pee-Wee pin.[quoted image]

Sorry hated that show and character, Weird Al Over him and day as a pin.

1 week later
#23318 2 years ago
Quoted from Gopher4653:

Foo Fighters music pin please. My grail.

Love Dave Grohl as a person but his foo music needs some more balls in it like his side project Probot!

1 month later
#24396 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Watched A view to a Kill couple of days ago and noticed dolph lundgren.
KGB dude at the racecourse.
When Mayday picks up and throws his colleague…lol
[quoted image]

I remember renting all his movies when they came out from blockbuster

#24550 2 years ago

This is what the center shot in Iron Maiden should have had, just saying

#24551 2 years ago

Next music Pin, not the next game made by them, but when music is up in the rotation in 2023 or longer has to be Black Sabbath just my guess. It’s not my number one choice (since Motörhead or Misfits will never be made) but out of bands that could be made my guess, just saying.

#24569 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Your trippin. The center ramp on IMDN (especially the premium) is SICK! This time machine on RUSH is the recycled Ring magnet from LOTR (which is fine) but to suggest that it be used three times is bonkers. Especially to suggest it for one of the greatest pins ever made, which IMDN most certainly is.

Yes I enjoy the game it’s fast and fun, enjoy the bands music up to Brave New World last full album I liked, actually started the thread on pinside for it to get made and most thought was nuts, but in the end the toys or something missing from Maiden game as I envisioned something like the Metallica pin toys and or big Eddie head that locked the balls or something in the game besides shots,just feel most of game played in the center and the lifting ramp not enough, wished it went back through the game as wasted space not used.

1 month later
#25921 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

Saw this artwork and it reminded me of Franchi but I'd never considered this title before.
[quoted image]

Love that movie and own it, reminds me of a cult classic

1 month later
#26614 1 year ago
Quoted from Dalewin:

Throwing another suggestion into the music pin box (that I don't think I've seen on here)... Korn! Huge discography to pull from and would love to see a collaboration on artwork with Todd McFarlane and Zombie Yeti... sweet![quoted image]

Korn is pure shit music no way, never liked them since day one.

#26616 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Their first album was pretty impressive. Can’t get enough of the bass guitar.
[quoted image]

I get the sound but his voice is annoying, not much of a numetal or trendy alternative fan

1 month later
#27559 1 year ago

Not the next but on the list, noticed this pic on Stern Pinball enthusiasts page on Facebook, can you catch the hint in this pic? I see it.

A789C611-8BFE-42C4-B878-98A96335E1DE (resized).jpegA789C611-8BFE-42C4-B878-98A96335E1DE (resized).jpeg
#27587 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Not the next but on the list, noticed this pic on Stern Pinball enthusiasts page on Facebook, can you catch the hint in this pic? I see it.
[quoted image]

A down vote that’s funny, may the force not be with you and the boring remakes of this franchise

3 weeks later
#28224 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Yup, I want LE in Bond, or LE/SLE in BTTF.
Then I’m done

Well I just watched the last James Bond movie No time to Die last night for my first time with family and we all agreed (which is hard to believe as I criticize movies to the max) was the worse one in franchise and boing slow etc. That does not mean the pin would not be good but the movie was horrible.

#28246 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I enjoyed this film very much.
Found it actually to be one of the best.

Impossible no way Jose that’s just insane, one of the best come on really please let me know what I missed

2 weeks later
#28961 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Just a thought for the future .It’s obvious pinball needs to continue building bridges joining age groups to keep pushing forward .That being said ,please give me a 90s rock pin with Korn , Limp Bizkit ,Rage Against the Machine and Alice in Chains .There’s no denying this music was born to be in a pin .There’s other stand alone band’s I would rather see but This group would age you while playing .Imagine Freak on a Leash, Break Stuff , Bulls on Parade , and Again Multiballs ! Pure adrenaline ! Please give it some thought Stern $$$

It’s not possible to like Korn, Limp Bizkit and then be a fan of Rage. Just does not add up and I am a Maiden fan but not at all of those other two, Alice in Chains ok will pass but 90’s ruin it for the most part. Most of those bands can’t see a pin working out as besides the music not much of a stage show with anything to creative while playing music.

#28962 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Uf.... Castlevania???? It's good

I have been pushing for a Castlevania pin for years, the music alone is great for a pin, it would be the upgraded Monster Bash if done right.

#28971 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

A mike stand ,backwards hat , frontwards hat and a pair of sunglasses There was a “Family Values “ tour and acts were in/out of the lineup throughout .That’s where I would start my search and theme it using the tour .

I only saw one of the Family values tour in 1998 to see Rammstein only. Never been a fan of any nu metal.

#29160 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Speaking for myself , I would love a Van Halen , Black Sabbath , Motörhead etc ,but the music pin needs seems to be the last genre to take a chance and bridge to the new generation of pinheads .I’m not talking about doing a 180 ,but just a small detour like has been done with Stranger Things , RnM etc.

Motorhead or Van HALEN would be cool but probably never happen and Black Sabbath would sell

#29161 1 year ago

Very cool, enjoyed. Here is a local band out here in Arizona plays old school game songs and performed a few times at pinball shows. Minibosses doing Castlevania 2 love it.

#29162 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

At 32:49 Gary says of DE BTTF - “It was a great game, it’s a pretty dated title right now”
What does that mean?

Make an updated TFTC using Metallica. Gary u love it and mentioned it in interview.

#29164 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

They won't because of the damn license. I own a TFTC and the show and pin have significance for me personally, so I would welcome it as well.
However, that's why the show was never rebooted. We got Creepshow instead. The Cryptkeeper is HBO and they don't want anyone to have it. If you get bored, look it up as it is interesting, but still doesn't look good for us.
That would be badass though.

Yes that’s my second pin I have owned, sold it awhile back and looking for my next. Love the show, Just thought Or always called Metallica the updated version of TFTC. Keep debating between Maiden, Metallica, Elvira or else as next game for a one pin collection.

#29215 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

My point was if Stern is going to do it, don’t skimp. Sure make a pro for being on route or to hit a price point, but for me and a theme that wont be revisited for a long time if ever, pack it (LE). And if the price has to go up in order to reach a high BOM then do it! I’d rather pay for a fully integrated mechanical masterpiece then settle on a “what could of been great” pin to save a few bucks. There are so many unbelievably great assets to use for toys, sculpts, mechs etc that it would be a shame to end up with cake toppers a la TS4.

Why can’t we have both in a game? At this point in age it’s what is deserved for a game, stop cutting us short. Maiden needed more than just shots In it and left some of the features of original Archer game. But the middle shot should have shot through the back no excuses for extra let’s say $100 or more or whatever per game, why cut it short, no special toys bugs the shit out of me, yes it s fun, fast and I wanted made but missing opportunities.

2 months later
#33390 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

I feel like Tenacious D would be a perfect theme. I don't think it would need to be a "Rock Band" pin though, more like the way Alice Cooper is done. The fact that Jack Black is a pinball fan could be huge for theme integration. Imagine him, an actual actor/voice actor, doing call outs the way Geddy and Alex do in Rush.

I said it before and say it again believe game off this game would work for that kind of concept.

2 weeks later
#33704 1 year ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Wow all these years and I can finally put a sample remix to a film....

I remember that album and still have it on CD

1 month later
#34440 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is a head-scratcher because the original Avatar pin was nothing to write home about.

Either was the movie, sorry but hated it. But as usual like all the comic marvel movies which never interest me I always wish and hope the pin is fun to play if at least made

2 months later
#35839 1 year ago

No way fofo foo foo is next too close to Rush release and Black Sabbath deserves it more. Bring on Metallica revalued vault retooled as new Tales From The Crypt! Come on HBO and everyone else that’s screaming and screwed up this new TFTC remake from happening because of to many ahole parties involved in it.

#36088 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Same age and agree. I've heard their songs through the years but cannot think of one. Still, it's better than another dinosaur rock band and step in the right direction. Hope it's successful so Stern will consider more modern, alternative band themes or at least more variety. Love to see a country, punk, grunge, or electronic theme someday.

Trendy alternative shit sucks, hope the pin is fun regardless. No foo or 311 or Incubas or Korn just horrible but Dave Grohl rocks and maybe sneak a Probot song from his side project more rock n roll song called shake your blood in for Lemmy.

#36166 1 year ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

Dave is a great guy and phenomenal musician but he’s far from the biggest rock star on the planet. Long list of guys and gals in front of him.

Agree, just wish Foo was more rock n roll and less alternative. Dave’s side project Probot much more music I prefer he would revisit.Wish the best for pin as appears its will not just be about the band any my guess like his movie Studio 666.

#36374 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

I feel like you gotta love the theme AND layout to buy a game. If either falls short, why spend so much money? This is especially true if you live in an area with decent locations.

Agree totally.

#36375 1 year ago

I watched the videos on Foo and want to know why there are so many more features with still a ton of great shots and why Maiden is so plain with only great shots. Still wish Maiden had more in it like I said in the past, sure it’s pure fun to play but Maiden is missing items and only great shots. Makes me not want a Maiden if can only have or choose a one pin collection (yes in big collection) as was seriously thinking as my one new pin recently. Great job Stern packing the Foo game with stuff now continue to do it on all games. Wish I was at least some kind of foo music fan and will wait for the next heavy metal rock n roll one. Still will enjoy playing the Foo on location and looks very fun, fast and with flow to play.

3 weeks later
#36740 1 year ago
Quoted from PBhead:

A new Pantera or Megadeath would be awesome

Motörhead

#36781 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Not to big into the superhero theme. Only reason why I got dead pool is because its a blast to shoot and the character is not a "normal" superhero lol. I do enjoy FF music. Also its you building a robot to fight aliens. Who can not get behind that.

Not a superhero fan at all of any of the movies either but do enjoy playing some pins by them, Spider-Man always fun and Avengers was fun and shoots fast.

2 weeks later
#36957 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Anything related to Vampires and I am in like flynn
I actually thought just doing a generic Vampire theme with a mix of classic heavy metal music would be stellar.
Stern could start with King Kong-move to Vampire, Frankenstein, etc.

I said it before and will say it again the answer is Castlevania. Killer music already and would work for a pin.

IMG_0964 (resized).jpegIMG_0964 (resized).jpeg
3 months later
#39857 8 months ago
Quoted from Zen_Monkey:

i don’t see nintendo licensing their games, zelda and metroid would be amazing i just can’t imagine them not wanting full control.
Castlevania , Mega man could be cool themes.
I really would like to see them use more of the projection mapping in future games. projection maping on a bash toy so you change who your righting along with their health on to health bars could suit games like deadpool. could even do toys that’s rotate 180 to give you two different body types

I have been saying Castlevania for several years. After all I suggested Iron Maiden for several years and started thread so maybe it’s possible.

IMG_0975 (resized).jpegIMG_0975 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jackontherocks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=jackontherocks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.