Topic Stats

• 6,487 posts
  • 806 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Aniraf
  • Topic is favorited by 137 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 654 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
stern (resized).png
Stranger_Things_LE.jpg
80B0E8CD-0CF7-4E38-A3A7-29045F239119 (resized).jpeg
1A7295AC-EEDE-424A-AC41-AD8EE4C6AAB7 (resized).jpeg
F4D24AB5-6867-4E89-B33C-5C9EFE59F016 (resized).jpeg
7816E6E4-75DB-4ACE-BF63-58BC6E552426 (resized).jpeg
Weird (resized).jpeg
2bd3596680dc9bcd2f08280513edaa22 (resized).jpg
sexy_reptiles___creamy_donatello_rq_april_2join_in_by_alaer-d7iyph7 (resized).jpg
2CACCC99-7C1D-42AE-A540-3F839F8371E2 (resized).jpeg
a26fa99cf160b753518704c8de5f8acb (resized).jpg
D7D40B74-6E1A-47AC-AF03-06B37F186E49 (resized).jpeg
7F0C10C9-54DF-4B36-A494-CCB15CA7A669 (resized).jpeg
655C6BA2-1C0F-4014-93D0-00FA55C78105 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191223-132219_Kijiji (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 3 years ago

Rock theme, BM66 and Star Wars. WTF is PBR?

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The point is, why not try it once?

As long as it is not even remotely related to rap or hip hop, it would not bother me any more than Aerosmith. I don't see anyone clamoring for them.

Stern has done a good job with ACDC and Metallica of picking music for the pinball demographic. Even though Journey was popular back in "the day", I still maintain this would be a terrible choice. No male of our species ever liked bands like Journey, Foreigner or REO. We just pretended that we liked them to get laid.

#133 3 years ago

Video game themes would not work because they would immediately narrow the perspective buyers way too much. A much higher percentage of the population watches movies or listens to music than plays video games. The cross section of people who watch movies with people who might actually pony up the cash to buy a pinball machine is a lot bigger than the cross section video gamers with perspective pinball buyers.

#141 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I disagree, we are basically at the 40 year mark of home consoles and arcades which means the target age for this hobby grew up on video games and they are just as an important venue as film and music not too mention the market for vids is now on par with films, no idea regarding modern music as it sucks, I think GTA for example would have mass appeal and do quite well as would several other series, Zelda, Wolfenstein, etc.

You missed the point. Sure video games have been around and we grew up on them, but it is a battle of percentages. I have never seen Zelda, let alone play it. You can't physically play every video game in depth the way you can see nearly every movie that comes out. If a couple million people buy a video game it's a blockbuster. If a couple million people go to a movie that would be a dud.

Each step thins the herd:

All perspective pinball buyers ---> likes movies ---> likes the new Star Trek movies enough to buy a pin

All perspective pinball buyers --> plays video games ---> likes Zelda enough to buy a pin

Which herd is a lot bigger?

#153 3 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Bally made 11,400 Space Invaders, and 10,600 Mr. and Mrs. Pac-Mans.

Back then there were like ten video games total. The players are too splintered now.

#187 3 years ago

I must be the only one here who never heard of or saw the Goonies before coming to Pinside.

#240 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Aerosmith in the Fall and Star Wars in March 2017 based on episodes 4,5 and 6.

Missed one.

2 weeks later
#307 3 years ago

Sure we all know that Aerosmith is next by now and Star Wars is way out on the horizon, but as Yoda said

000_(resized).jpg

#330 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Not a lot of material to base a pin around.

Unless they base it on episodes 4, 5 and 6.

1 week later
#351 3 years ago

When you think about it, ACDC was the true perfect band for a pinball machine. The worldwide appeal is still amazing, there are little or no "slow songs" and the are so many indelible Angus Young anthems to work with. Not to mention the bell sound from Hells Bells still gives me shivers to this day. Could be the most satisfying lower flipper shot ever in pinball.

Metallica worked out very well as a theme too for a lot of the same reasons. At this point I think other rock themes aside from maybe Led Zep won't work out as well and won't have the universal recognition and/or ability to sell machines. That said, I want to see the following all with Zombie Yeti art:

Jimi Hendrix
Led Zep
Pink Floyd

8 months later
#660 2 years ago

It is pretty much common knowledge SR has been working on Star Wars for a long while now. The only question is when will it come out. One thing that is not in question is that I will be interested in an LE!

#661 2 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

I won't say that anyone should be paying $8k for a pinball machine to begin with, but Dialed In is absolutely the most jam-packed and solidly-built $8k pinball machine out there.

DI may win easily on weight, but IMHO for $5000-8000 Aerosmith kicks its butt in every other category including fun to play, bang for the buck, artwork, theme, sound, dots, etc.

7 months later
#1209 2 years ago

From what I hear STVE is for sure. On the other hand Iron Maiden will never see the light of day.

#1213 2 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Maiden will be made

Sorry. Blame JT not me. If it does see the light of day it won't be the one he designed. Maybe Spooky or JJP will do one some day?

#1249 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Gonna go out on a limb and guess that even though he was most likely acting as an employee, if they use his work with minor changes, they might be opening themselves up for future litigation about profit sharing depending on what his employment contract said (if he had one). Of course, complete speculation, but if I were Stern (or any other business), his design would go in the incinerator and start fresh even if he had zero rights of any future claims. Not to mention the fact that the licensee (Iron Maiden or their agents) would have a cow if it were ever traced back to JT with minor changes. Wouldn't exactly be a shining star for their image/license.

Bingo. All of the above plus the fact that Stern is not hurting for good selling titles means this game will never, ever see the light of day. Sad, but true. This game was never destined to be a big seller to begin with.

#1264 2 years ago

Yellow submarine has been talked about for years as a possible stern machine and there's been serious rumors in the last few months that Beatles and/or yellow submarine is actually in work.

2 weeks later
#1309 2 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

Wasn't Iron Maiden supposed to be the next game (ahead of GOTG)? But they rushed GOTG out early due to the Trudeau news and needing to rework the game he had been working on? Or was that just speculation?

Iron Maiden is scrapped because of the JT thing. Yes, it was supposed to come out before GoTG.

#1313 2 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Lets say it was delayed instead, so they can make some adjustments before announcing it

Sure. Just don't hold your breath.

Quoted from dfsays:

There are no bands realistically left after Maiden (and they're questionable). Edit: Okay, Pink Floyd is still hanging out there (but I'll pass on Zepp).

Jimi Hendrix with ZY artwork...

1 week later
#1331 2 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Lets say it was delayed instead, so they can make some adjustments before announcing it

Actually this is sounding more possible...

#1364 2 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Take it for what it's worth, but I heard a rumor the other day that a Tronve is not on Sterns radar for awhile.....

Look for STVE this year...

And yes, Beatles and IrMa rumors getting stronger.

1 month later
#1502 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not sure if Iron Maiden will be for me or not, I know like one song-"Run for the Hills".

Same here; and that song sucks by the way. Cool thing is that IM has great art and with ZY on this one it should not disappoint in that department. If it's a great game, I will get one down the road and swap out all the music files.

1 month later
#2158 1 year ago

Its pretty easy to figure out what Brian Eddy's first game will be, but seems like no idea when it will be released.

10 months later
#2689 11 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Black knights revenge
Black knight returns
Reign of the Black knight
Black knight (tis but a flash wound edition)
Tournament of the Black knight
Challenge of the black knight

None of those sounds as good as Black Knight 3000 to me. Besides, BK3K is the greatest acronym ever. One K better than BK2K.

1 week later
#2744 11 months ago
Quoted from Maken:

Yup... The King is up first.

Others seem convinced the next Stern is the chick flick Superman from 1978.

#2770 11 months ago

BK3K is as close to a sure thing LE for me as you can get.

Anything "Jurassic" is a likely pass unless it is really, really good.

Anything BE designs will interest me down the road, especially Jaws or early Bond/Connery. If it's SM78, no thanks.

3 months later
#3332 7 months ago

At this point anyone not 100% sure what the next two games are really sux at the Internet.

4 months later
#4947 3 months ago

TMNT and Top Gun would both be hard passes. Top Gun is a nightmare theme to me. The Led Zep reskin sounds interesting if it is not over priced due to licensing like the Beatles was. A nice 80s reskin with 2.1 sound and LCD for Pro prices would be great. Lets not forget that JP2 and Elvira 3 are both new on the scene and really great games. Not sure why there is a rush.

4 weeks later
#5541 74 days ago

My sources are saying the next two games are Fortnite and then Frozen. Fortunately my sources have no connection to pinball.

4 weeks later
#6058 44 days ago
Quoted from JY64:

Ed Sheeran I don't even know who he is.

LOL. I never heard of him. Had to duckduckgo his name just now.

1 week later
#6203 37 days ago

It's time

20191217_174252 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 74.00
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 34.50
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside