We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knockerptsd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

867 posts in this topic match your search for posts by knockerptsd. You are on page 1 of 4.
#2621 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Everybody knows Jaws.

My 5 yr old heard me doing the jaws song and (with no knowledge of Jaws whatsoever) goes "that's the shark song". I dont know how many tv shows must have made jaws references but its definitely pop culture now.

Now go make Bill and Ted

#2627 5 years ago

GOT is still in stock at many distributors. I'd say vaulting it makes no sense but they vaulted star trek and I can still get old stock of that title as well.
TRON and LOTR make sense as they are both high price/high demand games but re licensing is a potetial road block

#2628 5 years ago

I'd like to see Stern (and CGC) put out some remakes of early games (like Beatles minus the Beatles) Sell a bunch of modern SS games at Half the price of a new pin. I'll take 2

1 week later
#2649 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If you don't put an LCD with video in a VE now then its DOA.
Don't waste your time Stern selling a few hundred of overpriced SM types.
SM is a great example. Horrible VE. Give me original, and now the LE is selling for less than the VE

I prefer the look and animations on the vault but it's just not a very fun game. The vault should have at least come with color dots.
Try again with 60s Spiderman please

#2650 5 years ago

If they really do vault Simpsons it HAS to have LCD with stock footage and original animations.

#2651 5 years ago

If they are going to vault dot games they should at least colorize the dots.

1 week later
#2670 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Will it have a better title than that?
What I mean is, will 3000 be in the name?
If so, what's the significance of 3000?

Black knights revenge
Black knight returns
Reign of the Black knight
Black knight (tis but a flash wound edition)
Tournament of the Black knight
Challenge of the black knight
Anything sounds better than black knight 3000. It sound like it's a cheesy knight in space/future theme.

#2671 5 years ago

I'm still hoping that's not next anyway.

#2672 5 years ago

I'd like to see a good space original theme or a movie I'm a big fan of. As long as they are done by the right people.

#2682 5 years ago

I was playing junk yard recently. Could the time machine knight video mode dated 1999 have been a blacknight 3 idea?

1 week later
#2730 5 years ago

Any ideas what this could be? I googled purple martin. It's a bird.

20190220_083730 (resized).jpg20190220_083730 (resized).jpg
#2758 5 years ago

Purple martin possibilities
Batman 66 - purple bird
Jaws - sheriff's name is Martin
007 - Aston Martin
Angry bird (oh god) - the trailer for angry birds
2 is about a purple bird
Superman - it's a bird, it's a plane

Other possibilities include
-it's nothing at all
-stern employees are trolling us

#2759 5 years ago

If I'm being REALLY optimistic...
Marty Mcfly

#2782 5 years ago

I watched all the Jaws movies on Netflix this weekend (and another shark flick called the shallows)
There are so many elements that could lend themselves to pinball and I love Brian Eddy games so fingers crossed.

Game over = you're gonna need a bigger boat

#2792 5 years ago

It doesnt have to follow the Munsters and batman 66 by having mostly stock footage. Maybe they pepper in original animations harking back to dmd days. They did a good job on iron maiden and deadpool so far

1 month later
#2983 5 years ago

I'm still hoping to see
-Queen
-Back to the Future
-Bill and Ted
-Batman animated series (not Batman '66 reskin)
-original space theme

I don't expect to see Batman anytime soon

#2986 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Queen -> Pinball Bros
Original Space Theme -> Deeproot
Bill & Ted -> I'd love that one too, with an Elevator that lifts from the bottom and shoot/ lock balls in. Let Brian Eddy do this!
Back to the Future -> Plz not from Stern...

I hope Stern makes them all because Stern Pros are my normal price cap and I dont trust several of the other smaller companies. I'd never even heard of Pinball brothers until now.
I especially want Queen to be Stern so it can sit with my other music pins and not trigger my ocd

#2987 5 years ago

Also, I think Gomez was working in a space pin for Stern but I'm not the biggest Gomez fan so I'd have warm up to the idea

#2991 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Pinball Bros are the guys that financed (tried to at least) Heighway Pinball, wich has/ had the Queen license.
I've never bought something bigger as an Stern Pro as well but with a license like BTTF I want ist to be the full package and not something sparse like Star War...

I feel like Stern has really stepped up their game lately so I'd give them the benefit of the doubt with BTTF. Star Wars was a misstep for sure (I believe the Star Wars franchise is is difficult to work with. It has very strict guidelines limiting creativity)

From my wishlist, Queen makes the most sense right now with the popularity of the Bohemian Rhapsody movie.
Bill and Ted 3 is in production so that's a possibility but I dont want the pin to include the new one.
Also, not to be morbid but Christopher Lloyd isnt getting any younger if we want those Doc call outs.

#2994 5 years ago

I was just thinking how I would rather have a Jurassic Park or just plain old Dinosaurs theme over Jurassic world (I think I would get sick of those movie tie ins very quickly)
Anyway, as soon as I thought this my brain went here.......
How high were the guys who pitched this show?

Screenshot_20190403-114436_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190403-114436_Google (resized).jpg
#3008 5 years ago

JJP...
Also see, slower gameplay, delays, unreliable mechs, delays, exorbitant pricing, delays, partial licencing, delays, poor business decisions and delays.
Stern cans might not be made as sturdy but they pump out 4 titles per year, not 1 every 4yrs.
Also, my buddy's Pirates broke down the first week and arrived with a broken lockdown button. I'm so sick of the JJP whoring. This is a Stern page. If you hate Stern so much, piss off.

#3009 5 years ago

But yeah, $11,500 for a toned down WOZ in school bus colors seems like a way better idea than a $6,000 Black Knight.

#3014 5 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Yikes, why take it so personally? Stern has been around a long time and mass produces, results are as expected. JJP is a small business that has been around less than 10 years, results are as expected. Of course a small newcomer trying to segway into a high-cost, low-demand (speaking to pinball compared to society as a whole) market simply because they love the art, is going to have the exact type of struggles you describe.
Holding signs of mass manufacturing against Stern is stupid, and holding signs of a newcomer struggling to find its place is stupid. There's room in this world to not have to treat Stern and JJP as mutually exclusive brands that must be chosen between. Ugh.
"Whoring" and "money grab" talk in regards to business always irks me. People talk about businesses as-if succeeding financially isn't their #1 goal... They aren't in business to personally provide you with the absolute minimum cost for the maximal quality, they are in business to sustain themselves personally and professionally. What if what JJP isn't saying is that they are less than a year from going under if they don't raise some money via interest in a re-branded WoZ machine? What if it was between them having to do that in the hopes to stay alive and bring something like Wonka or whatever greatness they are likely to bring in the future, or simply folding? Would that change your judgement?
Black, White! Us, Them! Republican, Democrat! Nintendo, Sega! -- Stern, JJP! -- it's tiring.

You have completely missed the point. Jjp also makes some entertaining innovations but this page is called the next Stern pin and half the thread ends up being "why jjp is so much better than stern". That's the whoring. Jjp threads I've been on dont get bombarded by Stern fan boys. Stop being Captain buzzkill and let people be excited for upcoming Syern titles without feeling like you have to jump in to tell us everything Stern is doing wrong and why your money wasnt wasted on your jjp games. You enjoy them. That's great. Tell the world. Just not here.

#3015 5 years ago

Also, Maiden...game of the year

#3016 5 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Black, White! Us, Them! Republican, Democrat! Nintendo, Sega! -- Stern, JJP! -- it's tiring.

Black or white? Come on, man. Really?
Um, us, always us lol
I'm Canadian, I have more options.
I have Nes, Sega, Atari and Vectrex but really I'd say I'm a Gameboy fan more than anything, so Nintendo i guess
Stern (currently the most fun for my money)
Tired? Try a Stern

#3044 5 years ago

I'm very disappointed in Black Knight gameplay. Doesnt look like my kind of game.
So......what's next? Lol
Brian Eddy's game? (Jurassic World?)
A Vault?
Elvira?
The next speculation begins.
Still praying for
-Queen (with a unique theme/not just pics of the band etc.)
-Back to the Future
-Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure(s)
-Tron LCD based on original movie (never happening)
-Batman the Animated Series

#3047 5 years ago

I take back wanting then to do Batman TAS.
If they do that itll cost me double because I'll have to get Batman '66 as well. I'd already have bought one on theme alone if they had made pro models

#3049 5 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Halloween, Friday 13th, Texas chainsaw massacre, Evil Dead, Resident Evil, Child's Play, Pet Sematary, Jeepers Creepers, IT, Clockwork orange, The shining, Exorcist, Slayer, Megadeth, Sabbath, Hendrix, any of these please i think we are shallow in horror so a new horror pin for me.
Oh and a UFC pin

I used to assume it was because you cant put them (horror themed pins) in as many places (kid friendly) but Walking Dead did well so I'm not sure why they dont do it. I dont personally like horror flicks but I understand that the market is there. There are way more horror fans out there than there are Munsters fans for example. I still like metal and superheroes so I'm good

#3051 5 years ago

Check out the black knight thread. I'm not alone in this sentiment. The pro seems like the better pin but it was an extremely anti climactic reveal. I'm just bummed. I was ready to love it bit I have to play it now first to see. Not feeling though. It just doesnt seem like the kind of game I enjoy.

#3074 5 years ago

Apparently no designers want to work on Jaws because it is a partial license. Name and shark only. No actors, scenes or THEME SONG.

#3076 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Baywatch had it...

Ok. A 20yr old non Stern game has it. What's your point?

#3078 5 years ago

How does Baywatch having the Jaws theme prove any rumours I've heard (YOU said inside info) are inaccurate?
You just always have to chime in though, attention whore

#3079 5 years ago

Sinestro
Your negativity and self righteous tone only serves to add fuel to the pinside fire. You clog up so many threads with your bs. Blocked. Good day sir

#3080 5 years ago

Also, quotations are for quotes dummy

#3082 5 years ago

The moderators where on me within 2 minutes for that? Lol, what a joke.

1 week later
#3121 5 years ago

OP could add a poll. Which game would you like to see vaulted next?
Lotr
Tron
Got

For me
Lotr =maybe
Tron =yes
Got = no

Edit: maybe throw Simpsons in there as well. I've had a few people mention that one to me.
Not one id be after.

#3131 4 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Possibly an "Avengers" Infinity War Vault...?

A (new)infinity war game would have killed it right now but avengers was garbage so it should never be vaulted..ever

#3138 4 years ago

There isnt enough solid rumour gossip around this time. A couple months before Munsters was released we were all pretty sure Munsters was next. A couple months before Black Knight we we all pretty sure Black Knight was next. This time nobody seems to be pretty sure about anything. Just passing rumours. Elvira seem solid but nobody is talking like it is next so what will be I wonder? Also, what the next vault be is pretty uncertain. Plenty of Lotr and Tron speculation but again the rumour dont seem to be the solid kind yet.
Still hoping the next music pin will be Queen or Sabbath but I'm not holding my breath.

2 weeks later
#3176 4 years ago

Stern has been good to me. I'm in line for a new playfield (mine has ghosted inserts) and they sent me a signed monsters translite for my problems.
I feel like you must be talking to the wrong people. I've followed your troubles. That playfield is unacceptable and I think Stern would admit that if you got ahold of the right person. I (believe) I've been dealing with David Carver most recently. He has been helpful. The employee who originally started my case has since left the company.

#3181 4 years ago

and the the Stern game is.....
Catwoman edition Batman and Colorized Munsters premium.
Womp womp

#3183 4 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Thanks for shitting on me bruh. Real classy.

Meet Sinestro. You will find the ignore button.

#3198 4 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

Next Stern
[quoted image]

It's a marvel/DC cross over lol
Superman vs Sandman and Doc Ock

1 week later
#3248 4 years ago

Great. I guess I can expect to see a few dozen posts in this thread this weekend. None of which will have anything to do with Sterns next pin.
I think another return to Scifi Brian Eddy would be great. Still hoping for some f my dream titles or a nice Tron vault given the Spiderman treatment.

#3269 4 years ago

Jurassic World 3 isnt set to release until summer 2021 but Universal Studios is opening a Jurassic World ride this summer and is rumour to have a short film coming out this summer as well.
https://movieweb.com/jurassic-world-3-shooting-secret-ireland/

#3271 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Base the pin on the first JW that was pretty entertaining, the second one Fallen Kingdom started off well enough but by the 2nd and 3rd act was utter garbage if they go even more out there with the 3rd it’s likely going to be Jurassic World: In Space.

I'd watch aliens vs dinosaurs lol

#3274 4 years ago

I'm still hoping they do tron

#3285 4 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Just wanted to share the fact that Tommy is a liar and a piece of shit. He lied about me in this very thread! Slanderous. He is now a known liar and piece of garbage in the community... everyone who upvoted him and downvoted me should take a long look in the mirror. He lied to you about our interaction and transaction, made it seem like he was a hero, and you all believed him.
Bottom line is that I stood up for myself as a customer when he tried to jack up an already agreed upon price. He then ignored my e-mails for support because he didn't like me and only showed himself to slam me in this thread and have his Nitro brigade bros upvote his lies and BS. Not cool. But, that'll be my last post on the subject. Tommy=human garbage.
Enjoy your next Stern, fellas, pick a good distro, you may need it!

Jerry Power from Player One is a great guy to deal with and a generally nice person. Not sure why youd choose a distributor on the other side of the country. (Nothing against Tommy, idk the guy)

#3298 4 years ago

Wouldnt be the first Eddy game based on a flop

#3300 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You can hardly call a 65 year running franchise a flop.

If a Godzilla game come out this summer that isnt tied into the modern franchise that would be odd. Having said that, the modern franchise IS a flop. The comment was more of a praise to Brian Eddys talents than a slam to Godzilla. Shadow is unwatchable but the game is amazing

#3311 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Only retheme I want to see is a nice reboot of BTTF. That DE thing is a turd unfortunately and with modern techniques you can.... well, let me put it this way:
"wireramps, wireramps? Where were going we don't need'.......... wireramps!"

"If my calculations are right, when this baby hits 88mph, you're gonna see some serious shit" -Doc Brown
I need a proper bttf pin in my life. As long as it's not just a Flux Capacitor bash toy up the middle. (I'd probably still buy one lol)

#3312 4 years ago

Omg the Flux Capacitor would make a pretty great mode tree. That or the flames from the Delorean maybe going up the playfield.
"Nobody calls me chicken" mode
-Knock out Biff mini Wizard
-magnets need to be involved in Hoverboard mode
-Clock Tower multiball!
-Newpaper with changing headlines to display high scores and achievement (somewhat like Batman 66 did)
-original score and soundtrack are a must
-ridiculous amount of amazing callouts
-fan base spanning most generations
I've thought about this game more than I should have. Why isnt this being made?

#3317 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Sounds a little similar to Munsters, with the exception under 30s actually know what BTTF is.
Paging Gary, stop talking silly and make us a kick ass BTTF pin.

Munsters = over 45 (being generous)
Bttf = 5+
My son (5) would instantly recognize a Delorean or Hoverboard and want to play. He has ACTUALLY SEEN a Munsters LE and I couldnt get him off of Jurassic Park to try it.

Odd choices going on at Stern

#3322 4 years ago

Former fanexpo empolyee
I dont know what convention you were at but almost all 12+ I've met know back to the future. There is more of a younger crowd than youd think

20190606_134832 (resized).jpg20190606_134832 (resized).jpg20190606_135150 (resized).jpg20190606_135150 (resized).jpg20190606_135210 (resized).jpg20190606_135210 (resized).jpg
#3324 4 years ago

Ok so fair enough that you are in Germany and things are different here in Canada but Marty is a very popular costume choice and the rainbow hat from the second movie became a trendy thing for last few years. My local convention last year had the entire cast reunited. My son and I got our picture taken in the delorean. I think it must be much bigger on my side of the world.
(We were Pikachu and Ash the pokemon trainer. He took off his ear hat thing)

20190606_142347 (resized).jpg20190606_142347 (resized).jpg
#3334 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

At this point anyone not 100% sure what the next two games are really sux at the Internet.

Elvira and Godzilla/Jurassic World are just pretty solid rumours. Waiting for proof. (Elvira have some pretty good proof). I'm also waiting to see what they vault next. If you believe everything you read on the internet, you really sux at the internet .

1 week later
#3362 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I am calling it now. The next Stern machine will be Jurassic World. The teaser will be released on 31 July with a reveal video/article with IGN on 2 August. Bryan Eddy will knock it out of the park on code, art will be substandard photoshop and we will all complain, but the game itself will be great. It will be a fast and furious pin with more dinosaurs on the Premium/LE than the standard. It will be a commercial hit for Stern in the same realm as Deadpool, and at the end of the day it will advance the hobby. Stern will release the pin with more complete code than any other pin in recent memory, but the code will still improve with time.

That sounds cool but the timeline seems odd if Elvira is expected for Halloween. Shipping a Jurassic title mid August then announcing Elvira 2 months later? My guess was we would get a game announcement maybe at the beginning of July with a possible vault announcement in August (possibly no vault this year though). The theme doesnt do anything for me really but I'm excited to see what Brain Eddy has in store for us and my kid loves the Data East JP.

#3377 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Well that just shows ya.
Never watched 1, so cannot be that popular in every country

The 4 jaws movies have been seen by more people than the 35 Godzilla movies (outside of Japan)

#3410 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I'm in hope for the following:
- Tron Vault ---- Please Stern - in UK so thin on the ground for a nice example
- James Bond - based on Roger Moore
- Rocky Horror Picture Show
- Top Gun

That's not how you spell Sean Connery

#3416 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, Goldeneye did happen and it wasn't good. A lot can go wrong.

Unfortunately there is a whole generation that thinks Goldeneye is the best Bond movie. I blame Nintendo for this.

#3424 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Maybe not the best but the characters and writing are/is actually quite good.

Dont get me wrong. I'm a Bond fan
I even like a lot of the bad ones. While Connery and Moore are without arguement the best Bonds, I loves me some Dalton and Brosnan as well. Lazenby only got one for a reason. Daniel Craig is good in his own way as well but feels more Jason Bourne than James Bond.

#3425 4 years ago

I love Bond but I dont think I'd be into a Bond pinball machine unless it was really solid. The theme alone just doesnt feel like pinball to me but I've been happily surprised by other games that I didnt like the theme of

#3432 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You think? Casino Royale was pretty damn true to the book honestly if you've read it. He might actually be my vote for most 'accurate' Bond of them all. If you care about that sort of thing.

Story wise, yes fairly accurate. (Other than playing poker in the movie because poker is more popular)
Its the character and action sequences that seem less Bond and more Bourne. Bond doesnt fight like parkour Batman (at least in my mind)

#3495 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I'm fifty plus and Wouldn"t play a tmnt even if it was the last pin on the planet.
For your tmnt pin, what would be the fun things, wizard modes etc that you think would make for an awesome pin.?
I'm Sorry i don't get it. Atleast rockband themes comes with great music and cool lifestyle attitude, but turtles?

I would love to see Zombie Yeti do the turtles justice. Turtles are prime 80s nostalgia (which is huge right now). You cant write a game of on theme alone anyway.

Quoted from V8haha:

Well you sound like a stick in the mud! Haha...

^^that as well.

#3496 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

So for what ages are tmnt?
40 to 48 year span?
I know none of my kids would care for a turtle pin.
Btw if you think im wrong, answer the questions.

I'm 37. My son is 6. I think we would both enjoy a tmnt pin.

#3498 4 years ago

The North American love of tmnt is still strong. Even Michael Bay cant kill them and he tried really hard lol
If your only tmnt knowledge is the 80s cartoon (which is understandable) I can see why you cant imagine it as a pin. That was the campy turtles. Picture the difference between Adam West Batman and Michael Keaton as Batman.

Screenshot_20190628-093748_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190628-093748_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190628-093838_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190628-093838_Google (resized).jpg
#3499 4 years ago

It's still not likely to happen but I could see it doing very well.

#3500 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I experienced turtles in the eighties as a kid, loved it back then but would never buy anything turtles today...

Wait a minute. I'm 37 and I was in the prime tmnt hype. Even saw the live stunt show when I was 8. If you are in your 50s our did not truly live through the tmnt era as a kid. You might have watched it bit you would have been like 20. I breathed, lived, ate and slept tmnt. You should watch the documentary about how crazy the turtle hype truly was.

Edit: Mixed quotes. My bad. Entire point is moot. Apologies. (But to anyone in their 50s. I understand why you dont get it.)

#3504 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

And it will be about nunchucks and eating pizza or what?
Sorry that i cant see it. Dorky and strange as best. With that said lets see How wonka is doing....
(Another theme im totally puzzled about)

I'm not going to pretend I remember all my tmnt info but If memory serves some good options....
Save April (if you played the data east you now hate me lol)
Build Donnies inventions.
Raphs Rage mode
Splinter multiball (maybe 4 ball mb as splinter trains the turtles)
Defeat Bebop and Rocksteady
Destroy mouzers to get to Baxter the fly
Defeat the Shredder mini wizard
Send Krang back to dimension x (technodrome wizard mode)
And yes, of course collect pizza.

The more I think about the theme, the more I'm realizing that it could be pretty similar to deadpool. Goofy butt kicking ninja and all. I'd rather play turtles for nostalgia but I've really warmed up to deadpool.

#3515 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Grand theft auto would be a great pin if handled correctly.

There are about 50 other video game franchises that deserve a pin more than gta. That's a much narrower demographic than youd think.

#3516 4 years ago

I would want classic nintendo and sega titles (i still cant believe sega never made a true sonic pinball) but realistically if they start doing game themes they would make more money with popular mobile games (like angry birds or something but I dont know what is currently popular)

#3545 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

LoL:
"Industry analyst Doug Creutz says Grand Theft Auto 5 has made more money than any other form of media in history, with over 90 million units sold and $6 billion in revenue." - IGN
The game has great possibilities as a pin similar to high speed, but you could also add in heists etc. Semi-adult content would be cool as well. Plus it would be a contemporary theme that is still crazy popular amongst the demographic that plays and would play Pinball.

And Mustangs are popular cars. Numbers dont make good themes. GTA is not as popular with the pin ball BUYING community as with the younger crowd (that's where the numbers are) and the theme would be alienated by many operator locations with it's over the top violence. Gta is on a lot of parents no play lists. Ive played through several gta games myself (vice city being my favorite) How would this really translate into a pin anyway? Just buy a Getaway and pretend you are killing people along the way.

#3562 4 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

[quoted image]

Unlikely but God please (fingers crossed)

#3591 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Is Stern going to be releasing the deadflip pin?

His logo is in TNA and Danesi is working on the game as well so I'm guessing it's a Spooky release.

#3592 4 years ago

Also, I (believe) the white wood had a danesi style lock. I think Spooky put a patent on that. I could be totally wrong about this one though

#3594 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Come on Stern show your patriotism and release a new pin today!

Bruce Springsteen?
We just had Canada Day. No Rush pin announced.

#3611 4 years ago

So Stranger Things 3 has BTTF clips. Obviously it's an attainable license. Come on Stern, let's do this

#3624 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I cant imagine why anyone would plead guilty.

Or he's just guilty and knows he's busted.

#3638 4 years ago

Something about the way it comes across as a blame the victim statement.

#3646 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Not at all. I find pedos to be vile and disgusting and deserving of serious punishment to the point of castration.
I’m the case of Trudeau I did not read they he confessed.
As far as my grandfathers friend you just have to know the situation. His mother in law hated him and would do anything to hurt him. He was a good upstanding Catholic guy. She accused him of messing with a les than year old baby. The Dr said there was no evidence of any molestation bit he had to turn it in. His court appointed attorney told him to plead guilty telling him the court would be lenient. They gave him 10 years. I’m not stupid and I usually think the worst of people but I just don’t think this guy would hurt a child especially his own grand daughter
I’m not one to blame the victim I just want to make sure the accused is actually guilty before I go throwing stones.i have been accused of things I didn’t do but there was no way of explaining that I didn’t do it. I had a woman approach me once she offered herself to me for 20 bucks. I turned her down and she told me she needed money to buy food for her daughter. I told her I would give her money to go into a store and buy food and I took her down the road to where she lived. Someone saw this and I was accused of doing nasty stuff. I didn’t do it. I tried to help someone. That is why I’m cautious.

If there was no evidence why would he have pled guilty? This doesnt seem like a story you should be casually chatting with the pinball community about I guess.

-I can go either way on Jurassic World
-I have no interest in Stranger Things or Elvira
-I know Beetlejuice and Jaws got kiboshed but those had me interested
-Bill and Ted had me overly excited
-Back to the Future has me holding out hope
-Tmnt has me picturing a Zombie Yeti treatment and loving it
-If we get another music pin I would only really want Queen or Ozzy (or Michael Jackson which is never happening)
-A popular game franchise like Sonic or Mario has to happen eventually (please no Sonic movie tie in lol)

#3647 4 years ago

Side note. I am surprised how many kids still love the old games. I let my son play Sonic as his first game because it only has one button and almost anyone can clear the first level of a Sonic game by just blindly running around.(saving the tiny animals was a big perk for him I hadn't thought of) Apparently a lot of people had the same idea. I kind of understand why the movie is seems aimed at little kids because other than us older guys, Sonic seems to have be relegated to the 3-8 age demographic.

#3649 4 years ago

I stumbled across this Stern post from a few year back. Maybe fishing for interest?
https://m.facebook.com/sternpinball/photos/a.386178974243/10153901611659244/?type=3
Clearly someone at Stern already likes Turtles

20190707_070651 (resized).jpg20190707_070651 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3683 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

[quoted image]

Please do them running from the Delorean

#3708 4 years ago

Does anyone now who is on art for Keith next game? I know it's not Zombie Yeti

#3716 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

God, please no. Data East had generally horrible playfield art in the 90s. Uniformly awful.

I like how most of the translites he did are also the ones from the head era that people like to replace.

#3717 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

BTTF all looked pretty good...

Licensing aside bttf looks absolutely horrible.

#3723 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Fair enough, but the JP Nedry fingers also suggest a minimum of talent. And I say this as a JP owner.

Wait, that wasnt Peter Griffin?

#3742 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Wyld Stallyns[quoted image][quoted image]

You stole Deacon's Easter basket!

#3745 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Jurasic World was ok (not great) but the sequel Jurasic Fallen Kingdom was horrible

Clicking these links will be super easy, barely an inconvenience.

#3749 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

This reveal from TPF 2018 is why I think Brian Eddy is up next, especially with Elivra being in Oct/Nov.
[quoted image]

Because pinball production schedules have never been wrong lol. My guess is Eddy or Elwin next, then Elvira followed by Eddy or Elwin in January. Maybe a vault or special run title peppered in there.

#3751 4 years ago

And sometimes pinball production schedules don't change. Who really can't guess it is Eddy or Elwin next? How about committing to one or the other? Afraid of being wrong?
GoT rerun is coming.

Triggered much?

#3753 4 years ago

Lol. I swear the law is responsible for 80% of my down votes

#3756 4 years ago

I am pretty sure the law rarely agrees with anyone.
I am curious which rumored designer you think is up next.

I was thinking Eddy for a long time but the interview I heard with Elwin made me feel like his is almost done. If it really is Jurassic Park I think I'd like to see it as an Eddy game only because I'm hoping to see an Elwin Ninja Turtles game next year
I really like both designers. I dont care for the JP theme so I'd be happy just to play a new Eddy game where as I think I'd prefer to see a younger designer on Turtles

#3757 4 years ago

They also said they were releasing another supreme style company tied game this year. I could care less about that one.

#3760 4 years ago

Thanks. I was not aware of a recent Elwin interview. "Almost done" could mean the design is finished and ready for parts to be put on order.
I remember an older Elwin interview where he stated Beavis and Butt-Head is his dream theme.

If memory serves, he was interviewed on twip a couple of weeks ago. Worth a listen

#3765 4 years ago

Yay!

Screenshot_20190715-110201_Gmail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190715-110201_Gmail (resized).jpg
#3766 4 years ago

This sounds so pretentious. Just say Stern is the leading manufacturer of pinball

Screenshot_20190715-110618_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190715-110618_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#3770 4 years ago

Ill assume that's PST like usual. I guess I'm taking a long lunch on Thursday

#3785 4 years ago

I keep getting down votes from a guy with a 40% approval rating. Makes sense.

#3929 4 years ago

Holy crap. 13hrs away. 120+ posts plus another 120+ in the other Stern release thread. I thought we got a bombshell dropped but it's just a bunch of other guys as overly excited as myself lol
At least I'm not alone

#4033 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I re-watched it recently and couldn't get over how poorly it aged. It's pretty rapey. I love musicals but the sun is setting on that one.
On that note, they could totally get away with a Hamilton themed pin.

Dofasco and Tigercats? Not what you meant?

#4082 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Maybe the friendly kind of neighborhood rape?
Alternatively we get a Phantasy Star Pin!!!
https://phantasystar.fandom.com/wiki/Rag_Rappy
(Actually that would be one of my most beloved themes ever.)

Things must be different over there. I will remember to avoid your "friendly" neighborhoods.

#4085 4 years ago

With premium art package to add some salt to the wound

#4154 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

[quoted image]

It's not that I'm all upset that this game exists. It's more that I was kind of lead to believe I was going to see a proper Stern release. The marketing at Stern makes weird decisions. Nobody outside of pinside knew about the reveal. 346 viewers at the peak of reaveal. This was something only pinball lovers followed and were mostly let down. I still think we will see a proper cornerstone soon but Stern needs to rethink their market approach. If anything the IGN announcement of Black Knight should have been how this was marketed and Black Knight should have had the YouTube countdown for the existing pinball fans. I would say this game will appeal more to the IGN crowd than the pinside crowd

#4207 4 years ago

Power puff girls would move though. That show has a following and from an animation stand point, the original series is on point.

#4305 4 years ago

Wubba lubba dub dub

3 weeks later
#4387 4 years ago

Continuing an earlier Tmnt pin conversation and stealing some ideas from JP I think having some pop up posts to trap shots for 4 ball "ninja vanish" mb could be cool.
If the art is done right it could be so nice. I just hope they dont go nick toons style. Shredder, splinter, April, Casey, the Turtles, a canister of TGRI ooze and the odd foot ninja is all you need. Oh, and pizza cheese dripping off some areas
I would love to see the animations be in the style of the arcade games from the 90s.
Screenshot_20190815-170004_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190815-170004_Google (resized).jpg

#4391 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No subways would be a huge disappointment.

As far as I know, the DE tmnt is responsible for coining the term "subway". I agree it seems like a must have. What IS the last Stern game to have a subway?

#4420 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Fiction. You have been saying this for 2 years now. Stern didn't force me to do anything on Maiden. The vari-target was removed because the ball kept getting stuck. The subway was removed because there was no longer a vari-target dumping into it. There is no ban on subways. Not sure where you come up with your facts but as the designer I have the real facts.

Between your games and the fact that you are communicating with your fellow pinheads, you are easily one of the best designers out there. Maiden is the only game I play daily.

#4444 4 years ago

DS Nadine said Stern is definitely making an Alice in Wonderland pin. Tell everyone

#4455 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

TMNT What would they do for a playfield?

I found an older post where I was talking to someone about some game ideas

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm not going to pretend I remember all my tmnt info but If memory serves some good options....
Save April (if you played the data east you now hate me lol)
Build Donnies inventions.
Raphs Rage mode
Splinter multiball (maybe 4 ball mb as splinter trains the turtles)
Defeat Bebop and Rocksteady
Destroy mouzers to get to Baxter the fly
Defeat the Shredder mini wizard
Send Krang back to dimension x (technodrome wizard mode)
And yes, of course collect pizza.
The more I think about the theme, the more I'm realizing that it could be pretty similar to deadpool. Goofy butt kicking ninja and all. I'd rather play turtles for nostalgia but I've really warmed up to deadpool.

#4459 4 years ago

Vireland makes the most essential Iron Maiden mod imo (the mode tree). Seeing white modes on location is weird to me. I actually forget they arent colour coded from stern. I think it should earn him a pass this time

Fireball loop is also fanatic

1 week later
#4468 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

We need a Stranger Things pin...

Swamp Thing is in Stranger Things now? Stupid fan trailers.

2 weeks later
#4489 4 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

I had a dream last night the next stern pin will be based on the new animated addams family moving coming out.

What a nightmare. Are you ok now?

#4507 4 years ago

Geez even the specs say "Gar goil"
The G O I L target are driving me crazy. Its gargoyle. Little things that hurt my brain lol

1 week later
#4543 4 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

So what’s next?
Is this TMNT rumor true?

I hope.so but how about letting Jurassic and Elvira get out there before worrying about what's next? Take a breath.

#4570 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

After passing on 3lvira, I'm kinda hoping Brian Eddy on an AFM II or AFM 2020
Could it be possible ?
If it does happen no shortcuts please Stern, and I will pay stupid money for an SLE, lol
https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2018/03/18/brian-eddy-returns-to-pinball/

I still have it in the back of my head the TMNT could possibly be stern code for a game with little green dudes

#4586 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Good lord why? I'll take a JJP build over anything Stern does....the only advantage Stern provides is time to market...

Also cost. Stern Pro is my price cap.

#4598 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

A pinball based on a book... Well, that would put most people to sleep.
They'd say if I wanted to read a book I'd go to a library.
But, man... A Dune pin would be AMAZING!
Great theme... Lots of cool toys...

Yeah, people hate the Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Dracula, and any other themes that started as books.

#4608 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not till next year

Semantics

Screenshot_20191002-130458_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191002-130458_Chrome (resized).jpg
#4625 4 years ago

It wont happen now with Elvira 3 coming out but I would have preferred another Tales from the Crypt.
Big spooky house with gargoyles? Check.
Cheesy horror clips? Check.
Overly campy host? Check.
There are just too many overlapping qualities to justify it now. Maybe a retheme 10yrs from now but I doubt it.

#4663 4 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

What's the Stern juggernaut theme that is coming? Back to the Future? Harry Potter? Jaws? Bill and Ted?

I wish, never happening, could be cool and hell yes please

#4681 4 years ago

My dream themes...
-Back to the Future
-Bill and Ted
Also, on the B list....
-TMNT
-inside an arcade (old pins and games from the 80s and 90s as a game somehow)
-Xmen cartoon series (something original)
-Tron 80s (something original)
-Transformers G1 (something original)
-Batman Animated Series (something original)
-Invincible (unpopular comic book)
-Nintendo franchises
-Sonic the Hedgehog (I still cant believe there was never a Sega Sonic pin. He spins around as a ball through loops and stuff. He even had a pinball video game)
-Speed Racer
-Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy

Oh, and Ghostbusters with a normal flipper gap lol

#4735 4 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Gary has made it very clear there will be no Bttf as it's done. Even standing in his office and someone asked again he got very annoyed and said LET IT GO ! Then he stormed off ...

Stern obviously has no problems updating themes. I dont trust a word out of Gary's mouth though. He loves money so anything can happen eventually. BTTF isn't happening....until someone tells Gary it is

#4750 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

TMNT is the final cornerstone this year. Next year's first cornerstone pin should ship in Jan and as to what that theme it is ??? Stern hinted it was an 80's theme.
80's theme's already done -> Star Wars, Ghostbusters, IJ, BTTF. Stern won't do horror themes like Friday 13, Nightmare on Elm, Halloween, Gremlins or Chuckie. This leaves possible themes after TMNT -> another BTTF, Die Hard, Blade Runner, Beetlejuice or James Bond. That pretty much is the whole universe from that decade, excluding ongoing rock band acts.

Not arguing, just have to point out that Bond is over 55 years old and the 80s were NOT kind to him. I dont think anyone thinks of Bond as an 80s theme

#4751 4 years ago

Maybe it's that Golden Girls game I've been hearing so much about. They must be in their 80s right?

#4765 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Pretty sure it is Top gun..

Have you seen the trailer for the new one? Some of those shots looks amazing. I think this will be an IMAX visit for me. Knowing Tom Cruise is actually flying and doing his own stunts makes it pretty cool as well.

#4797 4 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Had to post this. Spotted it today in a magazine at the hospital. Too F’n funny. What a way to get pinball out to the masses.
[quoted image]
https://www.americangirl.com/shop/p/julie-pinball-machine-gdw97

My son has always liked this (working) knock off Transformer I have.

20191011_001149 (resized).jpg20191011_001149 (resized).jpg20191011_001259 (resized).jpg20191011_001259 (resized).jpg20191011_001139 (resized).jpg20191011_001139 (resized).jpg
#4876 4 years ago

You may like Goonies, but it was a small potatoes movie. It would make a horrible pin and snooze fest theme. There would be less interest in this pin than Munsters.[quoted image][quoted image]

I feel like you are over looking the amount of overlap between cult movie fans and pinball fans.
Even kids still know and watch Goonies. My kid and his friends like it and they are 6. He has a tshirt we got at Walmart of all places.
I more excited about a tmnt pin. I told my son they might be making a tmnt pin and his response was "yuck"

#4878 4 years ago

I should add that my kid is an old soul though. He also loves 80s Tron, Flight of the Navigator, Ghostbusters 1,2 and unfortunately the new one.

#4881 4 years ago

You are right it comes down to the cult following. TBL has a huge one so maybe if it doesn’t bring in a lot at the box office, it can have a following and be pertinent.
I could list my nine favorite lines from the TBL, can Goonies fans list their favorite three lines or two unforgettable things that happened? I ask because it would seem this is be an easy an accurate way to gauge the commitment of a theme’s fans. Cult films have vocal fans with lots of favorite things to say about it. I don’t think that exists here, but will shut up now and allow the critics to prove me uninformed and outdated. What is so great about Goonies and would you want to relive those moments over and over in a pinball machine?

I'm not the biggest fan (correction, I'm no goonies buff but still a big fan)but I've seen it recently because of my son. There are some good audio and visual clips to use.
The obvious "hey, you guys!"
Chunk smashing his cup again the window
Gate opening Rube Goldberg machine
Truffle shuffle
"Down here" speech
"You Goonies!" Yelled down the well
"Goonies never say die"
"Ye intruders beware yadda yadda map speech"
"We have to play the bones"
Everything out of Data's mouth is gold
"Dynamite!?!"
One eyed Wily's treasure
Ok there actually alot of great thing that could work now that I'm thinking about it. Unfortunately it seems like it needs a lower playfield.

#4882 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You have to see the upside of it.
Now that you've put him up for adoption because of that, you have more room and money for pinball.

It shows the demographic for that movie is people who's brains havent finished developing yet lol

#4893 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Dwight's on code and he'll finish the game in 2021.[quoted image]

That seems a bit optimistic

#4894 4 years ago

You may like Goonies, but it was a small potatoes movie. It would make a horrible pin and snooze fest theme. There would be less interest in this pin than Munsters.[quoted image][quoted image]

You got me curious on some cult movie box office numbers. If we are going on numbers alone, its ridiculous how poorly big trouble did

Screenshot_20191012-123207_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191012-123207_Google (resized).jpg
#4963 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

[quoted image]

More labo to end up in landfills this time next year? What a flop product.

#4967 4 years ago

I risk pinside banishment but I dont get excited for Ritchie games any more. I love some of his games but they are all too similar feeling for my taste.

#4998 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Right, the nuclear scene was scrapped due to budget, but that happened after the change in time machine device was made from the fridge.
Regardless, the Delorean made a much cooler time machine, so all ended well.

"If you're gonna build a time machine, why not do it with some style?"

#5001 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Great List. The one I would add to the list is the 3rd Indiana Jobes movie: The Last Crusade. Right up there with Raiders of the Lost Ark. Didn't like Temple of Doom, though.

But no Temple means no Short round. So many great call outs.

#5011 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Jack Black on board instead of Tim Curry

Blasphemer!!

#5123 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I’m holding out for Cannonball Run.
I’d like to see an NHL All-Stars pin. Sega Hockey ‘93 graphics where you can make Gretzky bleed.

I think you meant to say NHL '94.

#5130 4 years ago

I didn't actually mean the blood thing. Just that 94 is hands down the best of that era

#5154 4 years ago

I'm curious if Keith Elwin's comments about nobody being allowed to be hurt in JP apply solely to that liscence or if it is a Stern policy? If it is a Stern policy that makes certain titles highly unlikely that action flicks like John Wick and Die Hard or horror suggestions like Friday the 13th and Saw just wouldnt be the same without the violence.

#5160 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

TWD- violence hurting people all over the place
Metallica - Eyeballs exploding out of Sparky as he's electrocuted
Iron Maiden - pulls heart out and splatters "extra ball" lettering on the screen
etc, etc, etc
I don't think it's a Stern restriction...

Seems like a valid point but I would also point out that none of those are "people" being killed. Zombies, cartoon character and eddie.
Wait, Deadpool has ninjas. There we go. Not a Stern thing.

#5249 4 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

Don't think we will see any pinball based on illegal drug production. Considering every pinball in the late 80s thru the 90s had some kind of "say no to drugs" message scrolling across the screen.

And pinball was illegal mostly due to the mob but yet we have a Sopranos machine. Never say never my friend

#5255 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Pinball was illegal due to it being gambling. Not sure it had to do with the mob..

Coin operated machines were a huge money laundering operation back in the day. My city still has outdated laws about operating machines mostly due to "Monarch Vending Machine Company" (Papallia family) running everything in my area throughout the 60s, 70s, 80s and even into the 90s. (Starting in 58 with cigarette machines)
You couldnt put any coin operated machines in my city without permission or they would be destroyed or something bad would happen to you

#5256 4 years ago

Check out the Macleans article on the mafia in Southern Ontario. Very interesting as well.
https://archive.macleans.ca/article/1963/9/21/organized-crimes-grip-on-ontario

#5282 4 years ago
Quoted from freakmech:

I would preorder a Stranger Things today. My wife and kids would be blown away. I’m 45 and if I see one more Munsters, Elvira, puke, don’t care. I have free range to buy a NIB machine and all the Sterns available are yawners to me right now. So sad. Octoberfest is looking to fetch my dollars considering the boring crap Stern is doing currently.
Daft Punk will never happen but what great potential! Around the World orbits, OMG!

You would take an Oktoberfest over Maiden? Deadpool? Jurassic Park? Star Trek? (All of which are available presently) I didnt enjoy Munsters either (or Black Knight) but Stern have some great titles available that you are broad stroking over.

#5318 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

BTTF is no good because MJ Fox's agent queered the license. That's the long and short of it.

I'd be ok with the guy that does Marty's voice in the tell tale video game. He's pretty good. They could give it the JP cartoon treatment and have Christopher Lloyd doing call outs.

#5343 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

WTF is Draft Punk?

The music in Tron

#5387 4 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

IF there will be a music pin in 2020, maybe Rammstein could be work.
Fans in US and EU.
Try it, Stern.

Most people living on this side of the ocean only know Du Hast thought

#5450 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Don't have netflix... Don't like sub services.

Is this the new "I dont have cable" brag?

#5455 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

They could do a Twilight Zone style back glass on Stranger things.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Eggo Powerball comes from the toaster? Lol

#5518 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It would have to have a really shallow playfield pitch so it played REAAALLLY SLOW.

Depends on the type of stoner. I get overly focused and put up my best scores after some pot.

#5548 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

I can’t understand why anyone would even be looking forward to the next Stern. Not enough features and quality there for me anymore. Sterns great themes have become more like lipstick on a pig for me personally. If Stern ever brings their game back up to say LOTR features/quality I would be interested again. But until that day comes I am looking forward to what the other manufacturers are doing.

So you're only in this Stern thread to bitch and troll?

#5553 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Seems likes a perfectly fine thread to express my disappointment in Stern. When Stern was the only one making pins Gary had the bright idea he would just cost cut and at the same time raise prices to improve profits. Not a very nice thing to do to your loyal customers IMO. So now there are other companies making great pins to compete for sales and Stern is just continuing on with the same strategy? That’s arrogant man. And why would I want the company currently making the lowest quality pins to make my dream themes? Anyone but them right now.

Did you really just repost this to be at the top of the page?
We get it. You want attention.

#5556 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Some sort of smog machine or something to cloud up reality!

Premium comes with a pin gulp for a bong

#5577 4 years ago

Dr. No
From Russia with love
The spy who loved me/license to kill

#5584 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

My hope for a Bond pin is they cover all eras of Bond, if they have to count one out it can be On Her Majesty’s Secret Service with Lazenby.

I think most of us could have done without moonraker as well

#5606 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Pacific Rim's got the goods to make a great pin.[quoted image]

Hahahahahaha, good one

#5610 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

That's why I bought an ACNC. Solid like the old days and perfect cc.

I'll take your poorly built Star Trek if you are unhappy with it

#5653 4 years ago
Quoted from JCO25:

I would love a Scooby Doo pinball machine. I mean think about it, there are all these kiddie versions and yet there has never been an official pinball machine. Plus the dog just turned 50 this year; seems to me someone needs a birthday gift!

I could see Scooby Doo having some nice integration. Get the gang together, take a ride to spooky destinations in the mystery machine and hunt down monsters (only to find out it was actually old man Peterson). Maybe stop for some Scooby snacks along the way.
As long as they hire Matthew Lillard instead of whoever does Shaggy in the new movie trailer.

#5713 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

I’d love Scooby Doo. Also, there’s a new movie hitting soon with Zach Efron voicing a character.

That's the horrible trailer I was referring to when I said they should hire Matthew Lillard. That guy has been Shaggy's voice in every cartoon, game or live action flick for over 20yrs. After Casey Kasem's iconic Shaggy, Matthew Lillard has done a great job with the character. Not casting him in this movie seems like a dick move.

#5771 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

[quoted image]

Hey Mr. Messeks, get Stern to make a Rick and Morty pinball machine.

Screenshot_20191125-161718_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191125-161718_Google (resized).jpg
#5784 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

you gotta go with a Pokemon, which at least spans a few different generations, whereas Rick and Morty hasn't permeated the world as much yet.

Rick and Morty is already a global phenomenon. You've been missing out.
Sure Pokemon appeals to a Rick and Morty age bracket as well as the younger kids but we all know the reality of pinball and who is playing. Take a look at the earnings sheets from any modern arcade and you can spot the pinball machines immediately by the lower numbers. Young kids play kiddie casino redemption games. The only reason people on pinside keep insisting kids play pinball is because OUR kids play pinball because they share the same house. I do believe the demographic for pinball have changed from old men to 20+ but the kids still dont care.
Side note, I'm 37. I'd be interested but not crazy about a R&M pin but I'd have zero interest in Pokemon...my 6yr old however would love one.

1 week later
#5874 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah but a Stranger Things pin has got to have an underground. The underground is the main focus of the show lol.

Its technically the upside down not underground. They could reverse the flippers or have a jm type magnet to represent the upside down. Unfortunately I'd expect a simple gi lighting change to represent the change between world.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5909 4 years ago

What kind of music will a Stranger Things pinball machine have?

Screenshot_20191204-172605_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191204-172605_Google (resized).jpg
#5964 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

You mean besides the fact that it is an adult swim rehash of an 80's move. Or that the main people are Rick (Doc) and Morty (Marty) that travel in a space ship that copy's the DeLorien. Nope nothing from the 80's movie rehashed here.

Other than a scientist (Doc/Rick) and a kid (Marty/Morty) there isnt much similarity. How does a saucer shaped ship made of scraps like a delorean? It doesnt even do anything but fly. Portal guns are the preferred method of transportation. The creators of Rick and Morty have even made it abundantly clear that time travel is not a thing in their show. If anything, Rick and Morty is a modern style meta overload. No 80s themes in the show. It doesnt sound like you've actually seen the show. Just what you've gathered from a commercial.

#5989 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

And it is a fact that it started out as a BtTf rehash cartoone and still is based off the main people in the show.

The 2 main characters are based off Doc and Marty. There is literally nothing else that makes this a "bttf rehash cartoon".
Wheres the bully, the time machine, the hoverboard, the Oedipus complex, the family friendly tone,....the time travel?
Instead you get Mr meeseeks, interdimensional cable, portals, global level cronenberg mutations, the councils of Rick's, evil Morty and zero family friendliness lol.
Wabba lubba dub dub

#6059 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

LOL. I never heard of him. Had to duckduckgo his name just now.

I had to Google duckduckgo so I dont think it has earned verb status yet lol

#6137 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Maybe Stern dumped Beetlejuice because they didn't want to exceed their Winona Ryder quota for the year?

Stop reminding me how much id love a Beetlejuice pin

#6156 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I know someone who has been waiting 2 months now for a JP populated playfield Stern promised him.

I waited 10mo. for my Metallica but it came eventually.

1 week later
#6317 4 years ago

Found some a stranger Thjng pics if you havent seen them

Screenshot_20191223-132154_Kijiji (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191223-132154_Kijiji (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191223-132200_Kijiji (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191223-132200_Kijiji (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191223-132204_Kijiji (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191223-132204_Kijiji (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191223-132208_Kijiji (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191223-132208_Kijiji (resized).jpg
#6318 4 years ago
Screenshot_20191223-132223_Kijiji (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191223-132223_Kijiji (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191223-132219_Kijiji (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191223-132219_Kijiji (resized).jpg
#6355 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Stranger Things is officially a 2020 release for Stern, and they have plans for 3-2020 cornerstone machines.

People (admittedly not many) already have Stranger Things in thier homes making it a 2019 release.

1 month later
#6687 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Abbott & Costello.
I honestly don't get the draw for BTTF or Jaws. Fine movies in their day, but,,,[quoted image]

Ok boomer

1 week later
#6846 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

What would be best, Bonds drink, car, or favorite weapon as a topper?

It will likely be a lit up version of the gun barrel intro

#6848 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

I think a Transformers rerelease could do well for Stern.!

....skip lol

#6856 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Whats the rumors for CGC and JJP this year?
Aliens and GnR?

Oh yeah, whatever happened to CGC Cactus Canyon?

#7003 4 years ago

I'd like to own a Deadpool. I bought a Maiden and LOVE it. I'd like to own a Jurassic Park.
I have not been interested in any other Stern offerings lately. The cornerstones are just a matter of tastes. *Beatles, Munster, BKSoR, Elvira...ok, to.each their own but not for me. The other Stern offerings though? Star Wars home pin at a ridiculous price point? How about a SW pro or premium with comic art? Batman '66 with an emphasis on Catwoman? A vault of Iron man which can be found cheaply and abundantly? This Heavy Metal let down? Thanks for making it easier for me to save for my wishlist games Stern.
Also, I loved my 2018 run Metallica but do we really need another run in 2020? Vault something that people have been asking g for or something that is somewhat scarce in the second hand market. (Or just vault Xmen with an LCD loaded with the 90s cartoon series because I know at least 1 guy who would pre order that sucker)

#7027 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Guardians of the galaxy?

Predates the timeframes im referring to and while gotg is fun it is not even close to being a top game. (And on a personal note, I dont enjoy games with different character perks etc) The met 2020 ve run makes more sense than more gotg lol.

#7032 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Meanwhile Dwight codes his games better. Lonnie’s games are always... Just good, but that’s about it.

Stat Trek would like a word with you.

#7063 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Different takes are great when they work Ledger, Phoenix but Leto is the Joker equivalent of Clooney as Batman.

Nah, at least Clooney made a believable Bruce Wayne. Maybe Val Kilmer bad?

#7080 4 years ago
Quoted from Snailpin:

Here's some movies coming out in 2021, it's quite likely that one or more will turn into pins:
Thor.
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (based on Marvel Comic's Shang-Chi Master of Kung Fu)
New Indiana Jones.
Mission Impossible 7.
John Wick 4.
Uncharted.
Sherlock Holmes 3.
Fast & Furious 10.
Halloween Ends.
Mortal Kombat.
Which one would excite you the most?

None of those unfortunately

#7169 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Crazy Taxi mode.

Jackpot = badda boom
Super jackpot = big badda boom

#7183 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Unless they're doing a Krull/Black Hole/Haunted House lower playfield with a real sized pinball, don't bother. The physics of a pea-shooter pinball are just wrong.

I can do without upper or lower playfields period. 99% of the time I dont enjoy them.

#7198 4 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I would love to have an Avatar pin made on the cartoon series.

Ok but if there isnt a quick 180° on the playfield called Sakkas boomerang, ima be disappointed. The shot that always comes back

#7199 4 years ago

Oh, and something involving cabbages lol

#7229 4 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

I'm curious if TMNT is Keith's 3rd game. If so, the probability of a well-designed game is far more likely than not.

It's supposed to be Borg. Seems.a bit soon for KME to push out his 3rd.
That being said, tmnt, Zombie Yeti AND kme would be hella hard to resist. Borgs games tend to start to melt together for me.

#7262 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Did anyone here order a Heavy Metal Pin?

Not that anyone would admit to

#7299 4 years ago

The translite isnt bad but yeah, that's a shit playfield

#7319 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Yeti-Haters™️

That's a thing? Every game you've worked on so far is worthy of being hung on a wall.

#7324 4 years ago

Uh oh, where is that guy that keeps daring us to ask Gary about BTTF?

#7336 4 years ago
Quoted from Tubes:

What's the hot speculation on Brian Eddy's next project? Seems like a fun kind of thing to make educated guesses about, he's heavily teased a sequel to either Attack from Mars or Medieval Madness. This suggests Lyman on the code, and he types for machines with premium pricepoints these days. Will his schedule coincide with the release of Stern's next high-priced machine? Would a sequel to these machines have a Premium base model? Are there sales figures for the MM remake vs. the AFM? Enough threads to weave a rich tapestry of nonsense.

Stern doesnt have the rights to make official sequals to those games. Stranger Things is pretty much Attack from Mars layout though.

#7342 4 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

So he mentions turtles and I continued watching. Lost some respect with that color puke on the cyclone

You HAVE to love a Todd but yes, they love their clown puke lighting over there.

1 week later
#7344 4 years ago

I wonder how this virus issue will affect Stern's release schedule?
Will they blame Heavy Metal's low sales on Corona? Lol

#7350 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

**their**
[quoted image]

I want to correct so many people's spelling and grammar on here but I'm not a dick (not that kind at least, lol)

#7364 4 years ago

Worst. Thread derailment. Ever.
-cbg

#7374 4 years ago

Were Nazi's known for thier amazing grasp of and enforcement of the English language?

#7377 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

"THEIR"!!!
And as a german I assure you that was 100% the case!!!

"And as a German"
Dont get me started on conjunctions

#7393 4 years ago

Just curious if anyone knows what game this is. A non pinball friend sent me a picture of a Back to the Future he saw in the wild because he knows I love the movies and pinball. This was to the right of it with a FishTales but idk what game it is.
Screenshot_20200319-134913_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200319-134913_Gallery (resized).jpg

Sorry for the crap cropping but I didnt want his son in the picture

#7395 4 years ago

Thanks. I've never seen one before.

Oh, also, apologies lol. I'm in the wrong thread. My bad

#7411 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

HELLOOOOOOOOO NURSE

Yakko sings all the countries wizard mode.

#7414 4 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

there was this one that my dad always liked it was always rly short and it was these two cavemen getting into dumb situations. anyone remember what it was called?

Fred and Barney? Kidding

#7416 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

[quoted image]

American Pinball maybe lol

1 week later
#7442 4 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

Iam all for a classic Dukes Of Hazzard pinball.
full on Confederate Flag ... or maybe a Coronavirus Pinball. Seems popular these days
Found this posted . Anyone heard anything on this?[quoted image]

The existing Stern arcade game isnt very good anyway.

#7445 4 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Pinmame + Visual pinball is better

Physical pinball is better

#7447 4 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

When the games are fully working!

Why are you yelling?

#7452 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

You can hear him?

I can read punctuation

3 weeks later
#7510 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

. People are onto something new.

Not in this thread.....

#7512 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Then why do vaults at all? The reason is to take pins that were\are very popular, and remake them (with some marginal improvements - see MM, MB, IM, etc).

I wouldnt count any of those titles though. The first work with the CGC business model where they dont make any BUT remakes (so far) and IM seems more like Stern using up spare parts than responding to a demand. If they cared about demand they would absolutely run LOTR, Simpsons and Tron but I still think those vault demands are way lower than the demand for new titles and themes. (Especially if we are talking in the wild)
I personally like a Tron with the 80s movie treatment like they did with Batmanor the upcoming Transformers but I'm not holding my breath.

#7525 3 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Kinda interested in this 80's Transformers remake/vault, I had forgotten about that rumor. Here's hoping it gets at least a small rules tweak to spruce things up a bit - I suppose that is wishful thinking.
Were there any rule changes with SMVE?? Of course TF doesn't compare to SM rule wise, so maybe there is a better chance they spend some time there...

No amount of awesome art can fix this game for me. It is literally the only pinball machine at the place I take my son to play and I still dont want to play it anymore. Piece of crap imo

#7532 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

Stern would take an awesome theme like See and Say and screw it up. It would end up with the tired fan layout, 2 ramps, 3 pops, and a loop. Every mode will be a 18 minute long continuous mess with no clear goal and 18 lamps strobing 6 different colors. The worst part will come when they dont pay Fisher Price for total rights and use a voice actor to say "The cow goes moo" and its nothing like the toy we all grew up with and loved.
Also it will dimple and chip.

So why are you in this thread?
Bitch bitch bitch all day?

#7537 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

I guess I should have put up a sarcasm
Emoji.

The dumping on the usual things Stern haters come in here to dump in didnt seem too sarcastic but my bad.

#7541 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Might have been worth checking his collection he owns 6 Sterns that’s 5 more than you and has owned a dozen other Sterns in the past, clearly not a Stern hater.
People always jump to conclusions here with the Stern bashing, likewise it would be in fair to jump to the conclusion that your a Stern fan boy who gives them a pass no matter what?

Your 2 statements kind of negate eachother when I only own 1 Stern atm. Maiden, DP and JP are great games so I get sick of the tired Stern only makes fan layouts bs. Also fan layouts work when not over used. I said my bad. Very adult of you to persist though. Cheers

Also I took your advice. YOUR games and wanted list are almost exclusively Stern so who cares? A good game is a good game. Stern has good and bad like the rest of them.

#7542 3 years ago

And Stern games are actually playable in the wild. I never see Spooky, American or Jersey Jack games but in collectors houses.
Some CGC and older Bally/Williams (getting rarer) on location but Stern are obviously more prevelant on location than anything. I like whoever puts a pinball machine somewhere I can play it

#7547 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Bar by me has/had 6 new sterns, a WOZ and an Oktoberfest on the floor. Before the shutdown

Didnt say they weren't in ANY locations. Just not enough locations. I've still never played WOZ for example. Not that I've been actively searching it out but non Stern games are definitely more commonly seen in someone's house. Obviously this will vary city to city but I'd wager that less cities have public locations to play these titles than you might think. It's not like I live in the boons either. I'm 40min from Toronto

ammendment- Stern PROS are almost everywhere. I havent played anywhere near as many premiums and almost none in the wild.

#7553 3 years ago

Not quite on topic but this bugs me now and then as someone who grew up on video games. How did we not get a Sonic the Hedgehog game when Sega was making games? Not that it would have been good if they made it but Sonic is such a perfect pinball theme. Just make the game look like Green Hill Zone and make sure there are lots of crazy DE style looping wire forms and you are halfway there. I've thought this for sometime now but with the new Sonic movie out (which is unwatchable for an adult btw) it's really on my mind again. It won't happen but that would be a game if like to check out. Also, the Sonic movie was LOVED by the three 6yr olds with me. They came home and immediately asked me to hook up the Genesis. Some kids movies appeal to kids AND parents. This is NOT one but it scored 100% with the kids.

#7557 3 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

Led Zeppelin by the "King" will be coming this year.

Once upon a time there was a king........once upon a time. I dont get excited for Ritchie games anymore. King of flow has become a too rinse and repeat for me. Still love some Ritchie titles but hes not my king.
Oh, the crap ill take for this one lol.

#7565 3 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

In a world of ultra deep rulesets, it's refreshing to walk up to a game, and basically know what the objectives are right away, especially as a tournament player.
Some of my favorite games are the ones that appear deceptively simple. What's the old saying? Easy to understand, tough to master?
I get the feeling Steve designs games catered more towards location play, as opposed to home play. Hallmarks of his design ethos generally revolve around fast and furious gameplay, with a little bit of tongue-in-cheek humor, based around a macho theme.
A lot of times, I don't need (or want) to play a 30 minute game to feel satisfied.
Hence my love of most of Steve's games.

I'd just like to see the man try an original layout. It's like he knows he can just call it in so he doesnt even try with layout anymore. He just uses the same couple variations of his existing games and focuses on what new toy he can put in the newset project hes working on. So Zeppelin WILL have a fan layout then lol, an outlane kickout, probably an upper right flipper (I do love 3 and 4 flipper games though).
It gets a bit stale. I felt the same way when I first saw Stranger Things. Fun enough but so similarly laid out as his other big hits that I was bummed. I was hoping for something unique from him. Like the way Shadow feels unique. All designers go back to the well from time to time (cough Borg) but make something to surprise us sometimes.
*I actually really like Borg games but they also get a little stale to me for the same reasons.

#7576 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Just saw a trailer for new kids movie called scoob. The origins of scooby doo.

The fact that they left Matthew Lillard in the wind makes me not want to take my kid(unless he really wants to see it). That guy nailed Shaggy and has been doing it now for like 20yrs (exclusively). Dick move on the studios part

1 week later
#7622 3 years ago

Ball never leaves the shooter lane?

#7645 3 years ago

Jurassic Park, TMNT and Godzilla? Stern is filling thier reptile/amphibian quota.
I wish I was a bigger Godzilla fan but I'm no JP fanboy and damn do i love that game. We cant always get our dream themes from our favorite designers but I got.pretty.close.with Maiden. If Elwin did Bill and Ted I'd probably crap my pants though

#7655 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

I’m really impressed with Elwin and Jurassic Park. Was debating on Maiden, but not crazy about the theme, thought I’d just wait for his next game. Unfortunately, I’m not thrilled about Godzilla as a theme either. Maybe Keith can work his magic, but it also feels kind of a close theme to JP. I’d think he’d want to work on something completely different.
If your into the theme, there’s no better designer though, so Godzilla fans should be happy if the rumors are true.

I believe I heard his next game is a two flipper game(though I could be very mistaken).
I love me a third (or fourth) flipper but I'm curious what the man does with two and it definitely wouldnt feel like JP if that's the case.
Lol, I just realized I have 12 flippers between my 3 games if you count the Shadow battlefield paddle. What's extra funny is my neighbour offered to sell me his Black Hole. My flipper count would be through the roof.

#7663 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

it could be Back to the Future because of the nuclear angle and Godzilla being a product of nuclear waste.

Please be this. It would certainly be a HUGE title. BTTF would have MONSTER sales. Sterns game to go up against any other retro atomic themes coming up?

#7674 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

Perhaps circling back to Led Zep?
[quoted image]

Damn you. I had managed to forget about that.

#7682 3 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Jack Jack multi ball. I can see it now

I think you meant to say Omnidroid multiball

#7687 3 years ago

People dont even want to admit they watched the fast and furious movies, let alone that they enjoyed them. I cant see many people dropping thousands of dollars to proudly display their Vin Diesel game. Fast and Furious is a guilty pleasure at best, not a classic theme. You want a classic car movie? Watch Vanishing point. Freaking classic.

#7692 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

If there were to be a Vin Diesel pin, it would have to be Riddick series...

Theres already a Vin Diesel pin. It's called Guardians of the Galaxy. "I AM GROOT!"

#7706 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Boobies multi-ball.

In pinball, we call them knockers

#7716 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Fast times big thumbs up!!! What about gone in 60 seconds? Timed theme snatching cars and the holy grail Shelby.

You are clearly referring to the Nicholas Cage version right?

fa9 (resized).pngfa9 (resized).png
#7736 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

He-Man would make an incredible pin, should absolutely be made someday. My dream themes would be Army of Darkness, Goonies, They Live and Big Trouble in Little China but I doubt those will ever happen.

Try watching Heman now.......that dude love him some D

#7739 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

im in the market for a new pin very soon and was first set on JP Premium and recently added Wonka to that. Now that its been such a delay due to covid Im thinking TMNT as itll be the new thing and would love to try out all the new features online brings. JP is a better theme and the game is amazing which will be tough to match, but I really like getting a game with early code and installing all the new code as it comes. Playing deadpool from the beginning and seeing it grow was awesome.
The only downside I can think with TMNT is if the old theme song plays every time you launch a ball. I loved the cartoon as a kid, but that song could get old if its overplayed. Whereas the JP music will never get old due to John Williams being a god.

Vanilla Ice- Ninja rap
Lol

#7743 3 years ago

I think the Tmnt divide line seems to be about 1980. Not just here but in general. Pre 1980 dont give a crap. 1980-90 have bigger memories of them than some realize. Post 1990 goes progressively downhill but maintains some relevance throughout which is saying alot actually.

#7747 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

You consider them grown men i do not.

We all spend thousands of dollars on toys that fill our houses. Dont throw rocks

#7758 3 years ago

Me in Disneyworld 1990
My mom still likes to tell the story of how I waited for 2hrs in the baking sun to sit up front for TMNT live lol
Got all 4 autographs and yes I'm rocking a Tmnt ball cap.
More people need to watch the tmnt documentary. It was a global phenomenon for a bit.....the concert tour though, oh the concert tour lol

Resized_20200518_131952 (resized).jpgResized_20200518_131952 (resized).jpg
#7759 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Obviously i hit a nerve with one of my rocks.

Just your own glass house there old timer

#7777 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Give a shit factor for turtles....0
Waiting patiently for Zeppelin....100

I'd rather play turtles AND blare Zeppelin

#7789 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Interest in a pin based off the worst plagarist rock band in the history of modern music: -1000

If it were Hip hop, it would be called "sampling"

#7818 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Ozzy callouts would be hilarious!

This made me spit take a little

#7867 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Fishtails was over 13k sold
Funhouse over 10k sold
Getaway over 13k sold.
All original titles.

Try leaving the 90s for an example.
Dialed In
Houdini
Black Knight sor (*kind of)
Americas Most Huanted
Tna
Octoberfest
Raza

With the exception of TNA with it's great rags to riches story, how have the rest of those titles sold? Compare those numbers to pretty much ANY liscensed game. Heck, Munsters probably has better numbers that almost all of those titles and it's no gem no be nice.

#7872 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Munsters is a AAA licensed theme from Universal Studios, using the classic Universal Monsters in a comedy family setting. It is well recognized around the world and is still enjoyed in rerun syndicated TV by millions. Just because a few on Pinside have berated it, doesn’t take away from Munsters licensing power.
The game is an underrated gem, just needs additional material added to the software, which Stern is rumored to be doing in the future. The mono targets on the game was an issue at first with me, but after playing it a lot, I’ve completely forgot about them and it is a non issue now. Can’t say all games should be that way although. I prefer drop targets for sure.
Munsters may be an old TV show, but it’s theme is timeless and still loved by millions around the world. And because of the theme, it still holds up today.

Ok obvious Munsters owner. I wasnt trying to rag on Munsters but you can at least admit it's a flop in terms of popularity and sales compared to other Stern offering available right now. That being said I still personally find the game very repetitive feeling but I've only played on location so maybe I havent given it a fair try. The callouts and clips are just too repetitive for me to play it more than a couple times and I'm not a fan of lower playfields really. Anyway, I digress, my point was only that Sterns lowest selling current titles sell more than any original IP titles.

#7873 3 years ago

While I'm excited to see TMNT, im not huge on the design team up. What I'm more excited about them doing a TMNT game (though it's a clear pinside divide) is the idea that they (Stern) are shifting demographics a bit and aiming more for my age group. I've been lucky that I'm a bit odd and have enjoyed things out of my expected age bracket. I get dream theme games like Batman, Maiden and Metallica but I would love to see a shift to the retro popularity that is my childhood years.
Maybe we will.start to see all.the games people have been suggesting and discussing for years. Themes like TMNT, Goonies, Jaws, Transformers G1, Bill and Ted, Sonic the Hedgehog etc.
Stern always seemed (to me) to aim for the 60s and 70s babies. It's looking like there is a shift to appeal to the 80s/90s babies wallets.
As long as they (Stern) dont go all in and spread their themes out over a few generations, I dont see how this could be anything but good for the hobby. Young blood.
I know Deadpool and Guardians are the biggest hits with the young kids I know locally (as in they dont even play the other games. Ie Attack from Mars, Star Trek, White Water, Iron Maiden, Areosmith)

#7876 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

TMNT is certainly a good license but it’s not what I would consider AAA (like Game of Thrones, Stranger Things, and Metallica all were).

Whoa whoa whoa, I love all those themes you mentioned but with the likely exception being Metallica, Turtles is a much bigger theme than Got or Stranger things. See where these themes all lie in another decade. Game of what? I didn't even finish the last season lol.

#7877 3 years ago

Heck, Stranger things already has children access top secret Russian military compounds. Does this show really have much gas left in the tank?

#7882 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Game of Thrones is a licensing juggernaut as things sit today and is one of the most valuable franchises in the history of television. Amazon wouldn’t be spending a billion dollars on It’s new LOTRs project absent GoT’s success.
TMNT is a good license, it’ll translate well to pinball, but there is no comparing TMNT to GoT in terms of relative franchise values today. Walk through MGM in Vegas, note how many GoT theme’d slot machines there are and then look for one for TMNT...you won’t find one. The casinos have their finger on the pulse of revenue generation and are a good barometer for identifying franchises that are deemed to have value today.

That is for the best. The last season really hurt the franchise.

Not saying what is more popular at the moment. Though I agree with the other pinsider mentioning the last season being a real dragging through the mud of the series. Turtles have ben relevant in some form for 35yrs. Game of the thrones will not be something people discuss in 2055. Turtles? Possibly

#7928 3 years ago

So what does the diverter thing do on the pro? That's such a bad thing to lose. Major gameplay changer

#7964 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballfan2000:

My wishlist for one of next Stern Pinballs after TMNT:
-Wizard Blocks Remake (If they get License from Bally/Williams)
-Coca Cola
-American dad
-Fanta
-Twilight zone (Ik there's Bally's version already, but thought it would be nice when Stern could do their own TZ pinball)

You were one American Dad away from the biggest downvote lol.
Pop brands? Remaking what is already one of the best games ever? That Twilight Zone comment is going to get you some grief.

#7974 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yes. $5 billion and counting in worldwide box office.
[quoted image]
Plus all the non-film stuff.

Not going to bother to include TMNT numbers? That I know of there have been 6 movies, 5 TV series, 2 pinball machines, several arcade games and dozens of video games, soundtracks, action figures, merchandise and even the concert that we should actually just forget about lol. Add those all up and it's not a small number.
Jurassic Park had ONE good movie. Dinosaurs arent hard to sell.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

5,980 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

867 posts in this topic match your search for posts by knockerptsd. You are on page 1 of 4.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knockerptsd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=knockerptsd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.