IMG_7345 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7344 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2612.gif
DDbooks (resized).jpg
IMG_9542 (resized).jpeg
d	 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 48,024 posts in this topic. You are on page 949 of 961.
#47401 13 days ago

Nitro had pro “eta” august and premium “eta” June. All sold out. Seems odd. I haven’t seen a case like that before.

#47402 13 days ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Wick is a cool theme...cant wait to play one
Whats next?

IMG_8841 (resized).jpegIMG_8841 (resized).jpeg
#47403 13 days ago

First thing I told my dad after watching that show, this could be a great pinball theme.

#47404 13 days ago

I've been saying Fallout for years. Would be perfect.

#47405 13 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Really curious to see how they utilize the WICK soundtrack music catalog for this game. I went through all the movies soundtrack assets and found a few good ones. Most of it is dark-goth like synth that tends to blend together.
I got my keen sense of hearing tuned out and found some gold nuggets mixed into some of the soundtracks. Hopefully Stern captures some of the good loops. If not-we always have Cleland to save us

I'm might be in the minority but I'd love to see this kind of music in a pin. At least it is different. No, the more ambient stuff won't work but bring on the synths!

#47406 13 days ago
Quoted from hypnotoad:

I'm might be in the minority but I'd love to see this kind of music in a pin. At least it is different. No, the more ambient stuff won't work but bring on the synths!

Also in the minority, but I think a Daft Punk pin would be wild. Plenty of IP there too, pyramid, helmets, technologic baby, not too mention all the Interstellar 5555 anime stuff.

#47407 13 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

That’s how you sell 1000 le’s today.

They don’t need to as 1000 Jaws LE sold through without a topper. They’ll keep milking ol’ Bess until she dries up before they ever change that approach.

#47408 13 days ago

That’s bc it was Elwin.

#47409 13 days ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

I don't know what accessories/mods would add up to cost $1500 to $2500. premiums are $9500. 1200 or so if you did the 5 things you mentioned. That would only put it at $10.7k and the only thing missing would be the true back glass from a stock le stand point.

And if you were smart enough to use something other than stern accessories, you could come in under that as well.
These guys underestimate the power of hot rod modders, and builders. This tech isn't exclusive to pinball. If anything, pinball has just started catching on to whats out there.
Uv printers, reverse digital chrome vinyl, and ceramic substrate printers will all do the same style translite with equal or better results as the LE.

#47410 13 days ago

I too would takea fallout, a Constantine, The Boys, umbrella academy

#47411 13 days ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Wick is a cool theme...cant wait to play one
Whats next?

Tallica \m/
Gonna be some next level awesomeness if spike 3.

Pity I won't be able to afford one after getting Wick.

#47412 13 days ago

I wonder why Borg hasn’t had his next game. They have had a few releases since Rush

#47413 13 days ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I wonder why Borg hasn’t had his next game. They have had a few releases since Rush

Some say it was his new Indy that was scrapped, others say he's doing the Spike3 Metallica. We'll know with the next release after Wick about Metallica, probably.

#47414 13 days ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

I've come to the conclusion that this thread sucks

It does NOW!

On a separate note: Fallout would be epic.

#47415 12 days ago

Very unique series. I really enjoyed it! Looks like season “2” is inked! Good news.

IMG_8842 (resized).jpegIMG_8842 (resized).jpegIMG_8843 (resized).jpegIMG_8843 (resized).jpeg
#47416 12 days ago

So what's next after WICK?

August-Borg Metallica

November-Danger (Pokemon? HE-MAN?)

January-Eddy Journey

May 2025-Elwin X-MEN 97

Not sure about two music pins with projection?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#47418 12 days ago
IMG_8845 (resized).jpegIMG_8845 (resized).jpeg
#47419 12 days ago

Elliot out of left feild-never would have thought of that one

I will admit-if Gomez is retiring from pinball design I will be a bit sad

I have really grown to appreciate Gomez designed games. Only features of his I did not like was the Path of Dead drop off on LOTR and Katana shot on DP. He is really a legend in both the arcade and pinball world and I know he is in more of the executive position now-but he will be missed in the design arena for me. Looking forward to see some new blood come in-but change is always hard.

#47420 12 days ago

So is Brian Eddie out at Stern? Borg will likely be retiring in the future as well. Five designers is a lot.

#47421 12 days ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

So is Brian Eddie out at Stern?

If it's me, and ofc it's not- but after Venom I go to brian and say:

"This is all great Brian, Venom successfully demo'd our new tech, but now we need to go and convince Gary to let you cut loose on a BoM for MM2- Bling for the King"

#47422 12 days ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

So is Brian Eddie out at Stern? Borg will likely be retiring in the future as well. Five designers is a lot.

Didn’t the head of Mechanical Engineering leave Stern for JJP? Wouldn’t be surprising to see Borg take over the department as they mentor more younger designers/project-managers

Gomez already moved into more of a leadership role and was really only coming in off the bench as needed (like Ritchie quitting midway on Bond and the whole Trudeau thing)

#47423 12 days ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Remember Keith's next machine was over 2 years from gz to jaws

#47424 12 days ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

I remember Bond 60th

#47425 12 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

August-Borg Metallica
January-Eddy Journey
May 2025-Elwin X-MEN 97

D&D with projection would be hot. Animated monsters could pop up on targets and spinners, etc. I'm assuming the classic game, but maybe the sequel to the movie??

#47426 12 days ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

Around the time the Pandemic was settling down, Keith mentioned he was like 3 games ahead of release and working on this 4th? This was before JAWS. So, he's got a lot backed up in the production pipeline.

#47427 12 days ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Nitro had pro “eta” august and premium “eta” June. All sold out. Seems odd. I haven’t seen a case like that before.

John Wick is not sold out at Nitro. We go live with preorders 5/7/24. Thx

#47428 12 days ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

John Wick...[quoted image]

I designed this mod 4 years ago...now taking pre orders

#47429 12 days ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I designed this mod 4 years ago...now taking pre orders

I like it but can you make it specifically a Ticonderoga #2 pencil?

#47430 12 days ago

If Stern John Wick has no Boban then I’m not buying.

IMG_4920 (resized).jpegIMG_4920 (resized).jpegIMG_4921 (resized).jpegIMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
#47431 12 days ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

If Stern John Wick has no Boban then I’m not buying.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I want a mini wizard with Boban doing all the call outs

#47432 12 days ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

That was the pandemic backlogs more than anything else. Stern didn't need to publish any new titles while they couldn't keep up with demand for the existing ones.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#47433 12 days ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

John Wick is not sold out at Nitro. We go live with preorders 5/7/24. Thx

Sorry bout that…..interpreted it wrong I guess…..

#47434 12 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

August-Borg Metallica
January-Eddy Journey
May 2025-Elwin X-MEN 97

What a terrible list of themes imo.

Will wait for Matrix, Harry Potter and Top Gun myself

#47435 12 days ago

How do you think Stern will promote the gun-fu aspect of the franchise on the playfield and in the code? I want to feel like I'm chaining stylized kills the better I hit and combo the shots.

#47436 12 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

August-Borg Metallica
January-Eddy Journey
May 2025-Elwin X-MEN 97

wow if the above is true Stern's gonna be in trouble although a revamped Met might sell well.

#47437 12 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

wow if the above is true Stern's gonna be in trouble although a revamped Met might sell well.

Pokemon would be the biggest theme since Star Wars. On theme alone sales would be huge. Outside of Harry Potter I can't think of a theme that would garner more attention. I'd love a Back to the Future, but as far as modern relevance it's a very distant third to Pokemon and Harry Potter.

#47438 12 days ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

Keith said that Jaws was basically "done" a very long time ago, long long before its release. He's absolutely been on his next game for a minute.

Quoted from pinmister:

August-Borg Metallica
January-Eddy Journey
May 2025-Elwin X-MEN 97

Danger said outloud on a stream last year that he is not working on He-Man or MOTU, so its not Stern. Rumor is American Pinball has the license, the question is can they get it to market before expo? My bet is also on a Borg Metallica launching with Spike 3 in August with a new playfield completely and Danger's next game being the late November announcement. He didn't choose Foo Fighters, he was assigned it. So my thought is Danger is going to get to choose his next and really lean in with the BOM budget behind him since Foo was a smash hit.

Barrels of Fun should be announcing game #2 around Oct-December is my guess too. JJP will announce their next game before end of year most likely, but time it depending on how everything else hits on the streets. I think the last rumor was Elwin might be working on Xmen 97 but then I read somewhere around here recently that X97 was much further out on the horizon. We know (from Keith himself) that Jaws was done with principal design and basically "done" a very long time ago. It should have launched sooner but didn't. This is specifically why he worked on Bond 60th, because he had a gap in his schedule since Jaws got pushed. He had the time to do Bond 60th and get his next pin onto white wood etc etc... So he's been working on something for probably over a year now.

There is definitely a shift happening in both designers and pinball consumer demographic. I think we're going to really start to see a new wave of licenses aimed specifically at GenX, Xennials .. meaning a lot of 80s/early 90s licenses paired with designers under 45. Older pinheads will grumble to get off their lawn but these pinball companies have to capture the younger buyer if they want to survive longer than 10 years. I'll make a prediction that I bet one of the amazing long term tenured designers working at Stern now, like Borg or Eddy retire out to let the younglings steer. However, when they do they'll get picked up by JJP or BoF or someone to walk into the sunset a few more times and help build these newer companies as part of their legacy.

Times a changin

#47439 12 days ago
Quoted from superNoid:

Keith said that Jaws was basically "done" a very long time ago, long long before its release. He's absolutely been on his next game for a minute.

Danger said outloud on a stream last year that he is not working on He-Man or MOTU, so its not Stern. Rumor is American Pinball has the license, the question is can they get it to market before expo? My bet is also on a Borg Metallica launching with Spike 3 in August with a new playfield completely and Danger's next game being the late November announcement. He didn't choose Foo Fighters, he was assigned it. So my thought is Danger is going to get to choose his next and really lean in with the BOM budget behind him since Foo was a smash hit.
Barrels of Fun should be announcing game #2 around Oct-December is my guess too. JJP will announce their next game before end of year most likely, but time it depending on how everything else hits on the streets. I think the last rumor was Elwin might be working on Xmen 97 but then I read somewhere around here recently that X97 was much further out on the horizon. We know (from Keith himself) that Jaws was done with principal design and basically "done" a very long time ago. It should have launched sooner but didn't. This is specifically why he worked on Bond 60th, because he had a gap in his schedule since Jaws got pushed. He had the time to do Bond 60th and get his next pin onto white wood etc etc... So he's been working on something for probably over a year now.
There is definitely a shift happening in both designers and pinball consumer demographic. I think we're going to really start to see a new wave of licenses aimed specifically at GenX, Xennials .. meaning a lot of 80s/early 90s licenses paired with designers under 45. Older pinheads will grumble to get off their lawn but these pinball companies have to capture the younger buyer if they want to survive longer than 10 years. I'll make a prediction that I bet one of the amazing long term tenured designers working at Stern now, like Borg or Eddy retire out to let the younglings steer. However, when they do they'll get picked up by JJP or BoF or someone to walk into the sunset a few more times and help build these newer companies as part of their legacy.
Times a changin

Honestly, I like the sound of all of this. An injection of senior talent to more recent manufacturers is welcome. I'd love to see some heavy competition giving Stern more of a run for sales. Don't get me wrong, love a good Stern but I think it's great for the business and the hobby.

I fall into the more 80s/90s crowd. Give me a Zelda, Metroid, or Mega-Man (X-X3 series preferred) pin any day. Biggest obstacle for me is affording them!

#47440 12 days ago

i've been playing video games for over 45 years and the only ones i can think would make good pins are the LucasArts titles. primarily Day of the Tentacle and Grim Fandango. such rich worlds with amazing stories and characters to craft a pin around. i think even people that never played the games would still love the themes.

#47441 12 days ago
Quoted from woodpost:

the only ones i can think would make good pins are the LucasArts titles. primarily Day of the Tentacle and Grim Fandango.

Lousy bony fingers are ill advised for pinball.

#47442 12 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Lousy bony fingers

it doesn't surprise me you had that one stashed in the ol' memory bank.

bony (resized).pngbony (resized).png
#47443 11 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Will wait for Matrix, Harry Potter and Top Gun myself

Ice Man those are some serious contenders when it comes to pinball themes. The question is-will they properly execute the potential of the theme? I think JJP would be a good fit for Harry Potter with their world under glass packed playfield and 20 character modes. Matrix and Top Gun I am not too sure about? I will not be buying any JJP game as long as they have lame upside down rainbow lights.

People are attracted to lights-but the rainbow show has to go! C'mon Jack-time to get a clue and ditch the rainbow show!

Pinside_forum_7459780_2 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7459780_2 (resized).jpg
#47444 11 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

C'mon Jack-time to get a clue and ditch the rainbow show!

Just to think-it all started with....

'The rainbow show with no flow'

WOZ rainbow show with no flow (resized).jpgWOZ rainbow show with no flow (resized).jpg
#47445 11 days ago

Watched John Wick again last night. It was ok but just another shoot em' up love story film for me. If they only have the first film for assets that would be unfortunate. We should see some pics anytime now and I am still excited even though I have zero interest(love reveals).

Who is making the Beagle Puppy mod? Pew pew pew

Beagle puppy mod (resized).jpgBeagle puppy mod (resized).jpg
#47446 11 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Watched John Wick again last night. It was ok but just another shoot em' up love story film for me. If they only have the first film for assets that would be unfortunate. We should see some pics anytime now and I am still excited even though I have zero interest(love reveals).
Who is making the Beagle Puppy mod? Pew pew pew [quoted image]

The puppy better eat the ball

#47447 11 days ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

Is the third flipper placement no a standardize thing with sterns?

wut?

#47448 11 days ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

Pokemon would be the biggest theme since Star Wars. On theme alone sales would be huge. Outside of Harry Potter I can't think of a theme that would garner more attention. I'd love a Back to the Future, but as far as modern relevance it's a very distant third to Pokemon and Harry Potter.

Really ? whose the target market? I find it hard to believe anyone 45+ was really into Pokeman

#47449 11 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Really ? whose the target market? I find it hard to believe anyone 45+ was really into Pokeman

This . How many pokémon lovers also love and will spend 10k on a pinball ? I would think that’s a pretty low number

#47450 11 days ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

This . How many pokémon lovers also love and will spend 10k on a pinball ? I would think that’s a pretty low number

I mean my kids kinda liked Pokeman, but putting it up there with Star Wars seems like a massive stretch to me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

13,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 39.99
There are 48,024 posts in this topic. You are on page 949 of 961.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/949 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.