VPXDoz.gif
Pinside_forum_8166191_1 (resized).jpg
Scared of the clown show.gif
Skittles.jpg
528983EB-AAF7-4CFA-9F45-4CA81C0504E6.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haymaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45358 77 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Please no more Star Wars....we're good
Hankin Empire, DE Star Wars, Sega Star Wars, Williams Episode 1, Stern Star Wars (with two art packages), Stern Star Wars Home (with two art packages, and The Mandalorian
Hell Stern still makes the Ritchie Star Wars game, which has all the movie assets you could want.

Theres technically also the Sasega-sonic Star Wars. Too many Star Wars pins and Star Wars has become hella cringe at this point.

#45388 76 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

Okay here is the down low...
Stranger UV kits Stern ran out of metal aprons so half are backordered.
Next Stern is Borg and Indiana Jones (90% accurate IMO)
Danger after on John Wick
Then Eddie but don't know what he is on. I'm hearing Call Of Duty. Was hearing Mario but now Mario info has gone cold.
Metallica is end of year on Spike 3 with same exact layout but new cab art and so on.
April will be mainly Jaws machines such as Pro and Premium on the line. The delay on Jaws le was because of the decals.
Please no PM's about this, this is all I know currently.

I heard the IJ game got scrapped or maybe changed to something else...

#45393 76 days ago
Quoted from Whistles:

This would not shock me, especially if it was not a winning player, since you have original to compete with.

I think just how big of a flop the new movie was would be the biggest contributor

#45407 76 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Indiana Jones is a popular franchise, regardless of how well the last movie did. I would be interested in a new game.

I agree, it is a popular franchise and I think another game would be of interest for quite a few people. I think the timing might be a little off though, or perhaps more likely, the game was based on the movie itself and not the entire series. Why not shelf it for a bit, let things cool down a little and maybe make a new one based on the original trilogy which are the only ones people care about

#45447 76 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

So, we wont be seeing Marvel anytime soon?

"marvel" isn't a movie. No, I don't think we'll be seeing a Madam Webb game anytime soon. There are other Marvel IP's that can still attract people.

Maybe you guys are right about IJ, that was a really strong rumor for a while, just kinda weird how it disappeared for such a long time.

#45449 76 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I don't think they'd go to the Wesley Snipes well, but if the new Blade movies are good that would be a fun pinball theme. Vampire hunting as an action/horror theme

and a techno soundtrack woooo

#45471 76 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Im saying Marvel in general. They seem to be sticking with the current path, which is a failure, so it doesnt matter what property they produce.

Yeah people are kinda burned out on super hero movies and nobody cares about the marvels and madam webb and the other host of characters barely anyone has heard of. The Spiderverse movies have been doing great. Deadpool 3 will probably be a big hit too.

1 week later
#45699 63 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

Would be awesome.
Stern seems stuck in the music - Marvel - blockbuster movie theme cycle. What was the last comedy pin they made? Probably Family Guy.

Deadpool, EHOH, Arguably Foo Fighters. Rush if you count the Canadian dad jokes thrown at you every 3 seconds.

#45749 59 days ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I'll be honest... I've been playing my Bond way more than the Elvira sitting next to it. It has been a surprise hit for me based on how much hate it gets. Bond was hands down the worst Spike 2 game when I got it with early code, but it has matured nicely and is still on .99 code.
As to Deadpool. Freaking awesome game. I don't have a solid top 5 Stern Pins but Jurassic Park, Deadpool, and Godzilla are all in there.

Bond is an incredible game now. Its crazy deep and just so good. The wild part is that it still still needs some pretty substantial code updates but its so packed and good right now that its easy to forget about it!

#45761 58 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I think a DND game should be an original animated adventure a la Foo Fighters. Or like Black Knight SOR which is almost like a soft DND license. They even have a knock off beholder[quoted image][quoted image]

This is the way

#45783 52 days ago

John Wick in April

#45788 51 days ago

Borg would make sense, but I don't think its him. Maybe though. Could even be Gomez...

#45818 51 days ago

Keanu is about to be giving heavy hitters like Arnold a run for their money on pinball appearances soon.

Johnny Mnemonic
BSD
John Wick
Matrix
Does TS4 count?
Will we ever get the wished for Bill and Ted game?

#45821 51 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

-Worst game in all of pinball with slow novelty glove-horrid
-Mey does not really count he was put in movie to add laid back presence-a side figure if you will
-Shoot em up got old after first film
-Never made into a real machine-and not sure if still relevant today?
-No it does not
-Serious? They would sell like maybe a couple hundred-that franchise is stale as day old toast
Like Whoa!
[quoted image]

JM is far from the worst game in pinball lmao
OK, so?
I agree the 1st john wick is easily the best and the rest are skippable
Matrix is coming, thats why I mentioned it. Very relevant today. No, I was not talking about the fancy "homebrew" JM matrix
Fine...I guess.
Bill and Ted would probably outsell john wick, yet here we are.

Unfortunately, ignoring the fact that most of your opinions here are mostly out of touch with reality, it doesn't change the fact that Keanu is in these games (arguably TS4, and assuming the matrix), which is all I said. Thanks for playing

Edit- decided not to leave this without a hot take: Bogus Journey > Excellent Adventure. Fight me
(Also I never saw the 3rd one)

#45824 51 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

"Best 3 out if 5?"
"Damn Right!"

"You ave sank my battlesheep"

#45839 50 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

John Wick is not next? Or John Borg isn't on John Wick?

Quoted from Haymaker:

Borg would make sense, but I don't think its him. Maybe though. Could even be Gomez...

Quoted from Capn12:

DOn’t think Borg is next, we’ll know next month though.

John Wick is next. Not Borg.

#45845 50 days ago
Quoted from VoodooPin:

What in the heck is Borg doing then? His last game was released in Jan of 2022, so it was finalized no later than Q3 of 2021. Elwin is lapping him if Wick is his Pin. LOL

I think his IJ game got shelved. He might be getting a bit unhappy over at Stern, who knows

#45854 49 days ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Any reviews for the X-Men '97 show?
Is it pin-worthy?
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt16026746/ratings/?ref_=tt_ov_rt

Its coming from Elwin probably. Not next though.

#45861 49 days ago
Quoted from VoodooPin:

There will be a lot of revisionist history stating the opposite, but from what I recall, not too many people were excited about Danger and Foo Fighters until the game actually landed and people played it. Danger had only done a home pin and Foo just wasn't a huge draw of a theme.

Absolutely correct. Lots of angry boomers that were mad their grampa rock band didn't get picked instead. Cringe "metalheads" that thought foo fighters was too soft, ect. I was excited from day 1 and that game hasn't let me down a single time. Awesome game!

#46011 45 days ago

Soyjak Consoomers can't tell the difference between "for sale" and "an offer was made" but the thought of a private equity firm really scares me. Usually that means less friendliness to the consumer, and in a lot of scenarios just bleeding the company dry until it has nothing left to offer then dumping the empty husk in the gutter. I guess its just the way of the world today, but definitely count on DLC, paid insider versions, and plenty of other things to nickel and dime us to high heaven. 2k toppers are just the beginning.

#46083 44 days ago
Quoted from JorgesArcade:

He loves weird and this or Beetlejuice would be an amazing weird fun pin

Spooky is doing Beetlejuice tho...

#46135 42 days ago
Quoted from WildRover:

- A camera (that reverses the playfield) and allows you to spectate friend's games

This would actually be awesome, then there would be an HDMI out and you could have TV screens above the game so people can watch. Obviously you probably wouldn't care about this feature at home, but some locations and tournaments do it and its really awesome. Right now they have to have camera rigs and whatnot. It would be nice to cut all of that out and have it built into the game

#46191 37 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

Yeah the whole pokemon in japan point is MOOT because Pinball is NOT popular in the country.
Japan is big on Pachinko, when was the last time you saw massive halls of import pachinko games in 'Murica.

I think its just pointing out that Pokemon is an absolutely massive license with worldwide appeal. Do I think a Pokemon game would suddenly make pinball huge in Japan? No. Its huge in other countries where pinball is popular though. Like Huge huge. I don't understand these guys who think just because its a theme they don't like, it isn't a massive phenomenon that tons of other people do. Yes, even to people in the pinball buying demographic. The younger end of that demographic but probably also the fastest growing demographic.

#46192 37 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Reality check: We’re talking about the marketability of pinball in a country that buys soiled underwear out of gumball machines.

Man, thats way more convenient than on fb marketplace and onlyfans and reddit and other online areas like people do over here! Japan really has it all figured out! I wonder if they have dirty sock ones too or if thats just a USA thing.

#46196 37 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Fulfilling your order now. [quoted image]

lmfao!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#46199 36 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is that still a thing? I only ran across this once in a lonely vending machine (not a gumball machine) when walking late at night on the other side of the JR tracks opposite the Shinjuku Prince in late 90s, early 2000s. I think it was a fad of a very specific time. I never saw it again. It's so weird and random, the legend kind of lives in the internet now.

I think its somewhere between urban legend and a highly overblown story that westerners tell each other about crazy Japan. I swear every time I hear this story its almost made out to seem like you find these things on every street corner, but it was probably just like a random machine or two one time. They love vending machines in Japan almost as much as gambling! I've seen some interesting vending machines at shadier spots around the US too, I wonder if a Japanese vacationer ever saw one and spread the legendary tale of the dildo claw machine's they have all over the USA

#46203 36 days ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Well if you are like me, and are into gentlemanly pursuits, you will have seen the youtube videos of people going to the weird vending machines, which include almost everything and... used underwear.
Skip to the end, 3:33 ish

Stern, make this happen.

I find the lolicon shirt in the background to be more disturbing

#46236 36 days ago

Pokemon is huge with everyone, not just boys and not just girls. I was just slightly too old when it first came out and I wasn't into it much. My younger brother was into it big time. As the years went on, I saw it continue to be big with the younger generation and older alike. Even people my age and older were into it after a while. I'm not some big pokemon stan, I played the classic gameboy games a little, but I was never a big fan. However, I guess I'm just not as out of touch as a lot of people here. Its HUGE. Do you see the prices people pay for some of the classic cards? Even the old games, which they made a ton of and are not considered rare at all, bring way better money than they should. Counterfeiters and scam artists alike work tirelessly to do black market pokemon stuff. Scalpers buy up all the stuff at the stores and resell before the general public can get to it. I mean, this stuff doesn't happen unless theres a gigtantic fanbase and people willing to spend money in said fanbase.

Sadly, I've lost faith in the pokemon rumor, I kind of don't think its happening, but if it does, it will be one of the biggest hits in a long time. Both at home and on location.

#46246 36 days ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

The hype on this game is insane. This game might do ok for an operator at a family fun center, no grown ass man is buying Pokémon for the home arcade.

OK grampa lets get you to bed

Quoted from tgarrett09:

I would too. I find it funny that the same people clamoring for cartoons from their youth wonder why anyone would buy a pokemon pin. People love nostalgia and for my generation (I’m 37), pokemon was huge. It has the added benefit of still being huge today so it would be a theme both me and my son would enjoy. Instant winner.

Exactly this. Just turned 39 myself. Like you, old/established enough to buy pinball, know pokemon well might even be a big fan, might have kids or family that also like it. Pretty simple recipe for huge success because theres a ton of people just like us in this hobby.

#46255 36 days ago

Fine, forget Pokémon, instead appeal to the older generation by releasing a pin based on the biggest viddogame hit of the 70s.[quoted image]

Unfortunately they all seem to want terrible ideas like Pink Floyd, which while a great band, would make for absolutely awful pinball. You can easily write off anyone's capacity for knowing what makes a good or bad pinball theme as soon as they mention Pink Floyd. Plus, all pinball is already pong if you imagine hard enough.

#46287 36 days ago

I honestly think if a new pinball company focused squarely on videogame themes they'd do well. The videogame generation is as high as in their early 50s.
Videogames are very culturally relevant, they have huge followings with iconic music and sound fx.

I don't know, I'm not convinced. I hear some people say that occasionally but I don't buy it. Of course, there are a few exceptions, but I think for the most part people just want to play the video game, and not some weird pinball machine version for 100's of times the price. I do understand the logic though. I'm not as firm on my stance on this one, but I still feel it pretty strongly.

#46310 35 days ago

Look, I get your logic, I don't get why people need a music pin or movie pin of their favorite thing when they can easily listen or watch that thing anytime to the point that they don't even need to play it first. Yet here we are.

Yeah but a movie isn't a game, and an album isn't a game. I understand pinball and a video game are very different games but they are games none the less. Why would somebody buy dark souls the pinball machine when they could just play dark souls the game, have the full in depth experience that a game like that offers, and only for $60 or whatever the game costs, instead of paying 10k for some dark souls esque pinball experience. I'm sure some would be into it, but I don't think it would be the lure to gamers that many think it would. I say that as I think about how a DND game could probably do decent, but thats also kind of different. Maybe one of the exceptions, I mentioned previously. I think games like fortnight, people are just going to want to play fortnite, not dads weird fortnite pinball machine that isn't much like the fortnight experience nor offers most of the things fortnight has to offer.

#46311 35 days ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:Fucking ridiculous. Given this arrogant statement, Your opinion simply sucks. Heaven forbid people have different tastes….

OK "John Floyd", I understand Pink Floyd is probably your favorite thing in the entire world other than grumbling about how kids today just don't "get it", but it doesn't make it good for pinball lol. Lets get you to bed too grampa. Covid collector with all brand new band games yes I'm sure your finger is really on the pulse of what makes a hit pinball machine, I have learned my lesson. PS- I said I like Pink Floyd

#46361 35 days ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Frankly, I don't care if you like Pink Floyd or not - you take things far too seriously and come off as a D***head - guess it's because your some "high ranked player" as you stated previously haha - what was that #2 in Illinois? - BFD . Yes I started buying and playing pinball during covid - what does that matter? - I know what I like and have no regrets. FYI - never once" grumbled on how the kids don't get it" so you are making shit up to suit your assessment. I just expressed my excitement for a Floyd Pin and still will in the future.

I'm down to #6 now

You're right though, its not a big deal and it has nothing to do with how much I know about what makes a good pinball theme or not.

Quoted from pickleric:

What’s @Haymaker's take on what would make good pinball themes we haven’t seen yet?

Name some and I'll tell you if they are good or not. Its more nuanced than just good or bad too. Like theres some themes that would be good for a company like spooky or AP to make but not stern or JJP. I used to think that knowing what makes a good theme was the easiest thing in the world, then I started seeing horrible takes being thrown out multiple times a day, particularly on FB which is filled with pinball noob casuals.

Quoted from PinMonk:

This is inviting juvenile humor. I will use all of my self-control to refrain.

Vic, I have a ton of respect for you, so I will take any ribbing, criticism, or outright slander with all the grace in the world from you.

#46369 35 days ago
Quoted from pickleric:

That's the challenge. Many are tired of Movie, Band, and Comic themes… but what else do we have with mass appeal than those things? BBQ isn’t it.
The best rumored themes at the moment
Matrix
5th Element
Themes I’d like, but many won’t like
Daft Punk
Hackers (The Movie)
What themes would you like to see?

I like most of those ideas. I think Hackers is more in the homebrew territory if anything. The thing about it, and the number one thing that really gets under my skin when it comes to themes, is that people can't let go of their biases. If you like something, people automatically think its a good theme. If you don't, then its automatically a bad theme. Like for example, I HATE Harry Potter with a dying passion. HP fans make me cringe like nothing else. But I know that game could be huge. HOWEVER, it could also be so "huge" that it blows up in peoples faces. Expectations are so high, that no game could ever live up to them. Do you make the wizarding world of harry potter pin and risk another TS4 scenario? I don't know.

Daft Punk could be really good, I love the idea from a personal standpoint, but thats like maybe a P3 theme. If there ever was an EDM "band" game to be made, I think Daft Punk is the easy choice. I'd put it in like the soft maybe category.

People always say they are sick of rock band games, but they still continue to be sales hits. Its just like people who say they want original themes and they keep flopping. I have heard Journey tossed around a lot as a rumor, and I love Journey, but I think its a bad idea. I think Motley Crue is probably the most obvious choice if a company wanted to make a hit band game, that or Van Halen. Both bands I consider to be good from my subjective viewpoint but are far from my favorites, but I see them from an objective viewpoint as being good sellers/good bands to have a game based on.

Comic games do seem to be falling out of favor, but we've also had a series of lower tier comic titles. I'm interested to see if Elwin's X-men 97 can buck that trend, I think it will do fairly well. I think another Spiderman game could also do well. If somebody gets some DC rights a Batman game would also be a good choice. Or do a game based on Batman the movie from 1989. That was rumored from Dutch for a while, so who knows. I know theres already fairly recent Batman, xmen, and spiderman games out there, but I think the market will accept more.

Other themes I could see doing well:
Bloodsport
Robocop
Rambo
Magic the Gathering (could be a generic swords and sorcery type game even with the MTG tie in, AP maybe?)
Total Recall
Beverly Hills Cop (particularly interesting with the new one about to drop)

Needs a few more years before its nostalgic enough for the pinball demo but
Adventure Time
Invader Zim

I don't know I'm sure I could come up with plenty more but those are a few I can rattle off the top of my head. Theres other obvious ones too like Die Hard but I just don't think they'd have a chance of getting Bruce Willis' likeness.

#46379 34 days ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

MTG themed games in other genres always flop, hard. MTG players are addicted to cards and deckbuilding, they don't care at all about other games wearing MTG paint. The Arena of the Planeswalkers board game was infamously getting blown out on clearance for $1 because nobody wanted it. And non-MTG players don't care either, even as a generic swords-and-sorcery theme, nobody dabbles in Magic without actually playing Magic. MTG players would only care if a pinball machine dispenses cards, but even then they're not going to play pinball for it, they'll just buy them on ebay when the pinball players sell them.
As for bands, why not Journey? They have just about the most radio play and recognition among bands that haven't been done except for maybe Pink Floyd, and the songs are iconic and timeless. Unless you go into modern singers like Taylor or Beyonce or Rihanna, but that audience doesn't overlap with pinball at all.

Fair enough on Magic, I don't play it, I don't do it. I just know its popular. I think its wrong to compare a magic video game to a pinball but I never thought it would be a blockbuster game either. If AP built it, it would easily smash their sales records though lets be honest.

Why not Journey? I don't know, I just think they tend to be a little too.... ballady I guess? Is that a word? It is now lol. Plus, will it have Steve Perry on it? Or will it have the asian dude (I don't know his name, no disrespect). I kinda think it needs Steve, but I kinda think it wouldn't get Steve. At least with VH you could do either singer or both.

#46380 34 days ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Haymaker - I would like to apologize for the comments I made yesterday. It was an immediate reaction to your comments towards me and I don’t want that type of reputation on here and I’m not into futile arguments.
Yes I may be rather new to pinball, but I know what I’m into and have learned quite a bit in a short period of time.
To each their own.
I’m still down for A Pink Floyd pin tho and that ain’t changing!

All good man. No hard feelings here. I apologize as well. You called my first statement arrogant, so I decided to really give you an arrogant one after that. Bad habit I have lol. I thought you seemed like a cool guy too to be honest, but ya know...I had to do my thing Cool of you to extend the olive branch, and I hope you will accept mine as well.

#46438 34 days ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

BLOODSPORT is a great idea for a theme. So is Die Hard. But we don't usually get hard core themes. More than likely something the wives and kids want like Pokémon.

You do know John Wick is the next Stern game right?

#46455 34 days ago
Quoted from ichuckle:

Please provider references

Yes let me just give you proof of a secret thing that we're not supposed to know about yet. Don't believe me? Fine. Just remember this in a couple weeks.

#46476 33 days ago
Quoted from ichuckle:

I have just as much proof that the next Stern machine is The Wiggles

lol ok

#46549 31 days ago
Quoted from VoodooPin:

Please ---- I win
Coke Commercial 1983. We are all old enough to remember this.

[quoted image]

I'm not, I wasn't even born yet. Thats a neat commercial with young Keanu though!

#46661 27 days ago
Quoted from ChuckRock:

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/what-s-next-in-pinball-the-current-rumors-speculation-and-facts-about-everyone-in-the-industry
More speculation that kicks He-Man over to AP. Seems like everyone is coalescing around Wick being the next Stern.

No bro, just as likely as it being Wiggles. Nobody actually knows

#46663 27 days ago
Quoted from ichuckle:

Yet you were certain last week it was Wick

You've changed my mind, I think its the wiggles now

#46703 26 days ago
Quoted from ichuckle:

It's not sarcasm. Dude is back pedling because the rumor he took as gospel predicted Wick announced a MGC. It wasn't

Lol wrong and I never said it would be announced at mgc. Nobody really announces games at MGC and Stern in particular doesn't usually announce games at shows so that would be a pretty silly thing to think. I suppose it could be theoretically announced just before MGC and then availible to play there, but I never expected that either. We'll see late April early May

#46704 26 days ago

I really like black knight, but I would have a really hard time spending 7k on one. 10k+ for a premium? Forget about it.

#46729 24 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

What’s with the Kerry King posts on Stern’s Instagram? Is a Slayer pin in the works? Could be something special, they have us guessing with the teaser posts! Would be pretty extreme
https://www.instagram.com/p/C5j16iUxscT/?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Is this the same or different than the slayer post from years ago when everyone thought that was a clue and Stern was going to make Slayer? Actually I think thats 3 Slayer posts in 10 years from Stern. Gonna be any day now right?

#46745 23 days ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Doubt there's enough mass appeal for a Slayer. How about Beavis and Butthead
It could have all kinds of 80s heavy metal such as Slayer plus stuff like Beastie Boys and it would be funny as hell.

I kinda agree but every time theres anything posted related to stern and slayer (its happened a few times over the years) everyone gets their denim panties in a twist with excitement over the possibility of a slayer game.

#46763 22 days ago

Dutch has all the assets for BTTF and is working directly with Bob Gale. Theres no excuse for any company that missed out other than not willing to pay most likely.

#46833 21 days ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Who's down for a Sea Shanty pinball machine?
I am!!!

The sea shanties are the only good part of the Jaws sound package, more sea shanties in Jaws please.

Quoted from Knackers:

Stole this from fb, damn! Be all over that like a fat kid on a chocolate bar.
[quoted image]

The stupid Motley Crue mockup looks like one of those god awful "conversion kits" that CPR was offering.

#46842 21 days ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Pretty sure you are alone on that island of thought.

He's basically alone on all his island's of thought.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#46923 16 days ago

Borg was working on IJ. As far as anyone can tell, the game has been shelved.

#46990 16 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

You think wick will sell all the LEs like jaws at 1000? I love wick but I’m going to prob hold off in hopes of getting one cheaper later. Losing 3k isn’t worth it anymore. I don’t play one pin enough. Hoping for a $12k le price maybe but doubt it.

Plenty of Jaws LE's still available from distros. The days of LE instant sellouts are long gone.

#47051 15 days ago

Mike V or Tim Sexton would be my guess

#47076 14 days ago

Lol Ichuckle blocked me after he embarrassed himself and now he does believe its John Wick!? Yikes! Unblock me bro, this isn't a good look.

#47082 14 days ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

When did Bro turn into something that is only said by guys when they are being snarky jerks?
[quoted image]

A while back

Quoted from Vespula:

ichuckle blocked you And I'm not sure which is funnier the fact that he did it or the fact that you actually care. People block or ignore, it's their choice, it's their experience. Not sure why anybody ever cares about that.

Its not so much I care, although I am a firm believer in blocking is for babies. Its more that ol dude talked a big game and then when it became apparent he couldn't back it up anymore he blocked me. I wasn't even going after him, he just knew the jig was up and blocked me out of his own embarrassment I guess, which I find comical.

#47118 13 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

Chuckling- remember that guy that tried to call YOU out because you wouldn't wire him a pin to Africa or something?

To be fair, that guy was legit, although I don't blame anyone for being skeptical. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but the guy was in africa doing some sort of charity work and wanted the game delivered somewhere in the US. I don't think the Africa guy was the one who ended up looking bad in the end.

#47230 8 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Was having an afterthought last night.....
Pinsiders saying 'If Pinsiders ran Stern-they would be belly up in weeks!'
Is Pinside not the main social media website for pinball? Is Pinside not full of devoted pinheads that live and breath pinball? Why would you not take the wax out of your ears and listen to Pinside? Lots of prime examples of manufacturers going their own direction and not listening to the hobbyist. The last couple years at Gottlieb are a prime example...those cheesy themes killed the company. Now you have Stern doing Venom? Stern doing WICK? Meanwhile people have been screaming for Harry Potter and BTTF, etc.
Saying not to listen to your core customers seems a bit ignorant to me and not a good long term strategy. If I had a nickel for every time someone would say 'Stern would be bankrupt if they listened to Pinsiders'- I could buy a Fireball Home edition

Pinsiders are like the library of Alexandria (non burned edition) compared to the idiotic flow of stupidity that is the FB pinball groups.

#47238 7 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Holy smokes Batman-that Venom LE advertised above is listed at $8500
That is not a couple grand-that is a used car or a motorcycle right there
From $13,500 to $8500(where it should be) Oooooch Charlie!
[quoted image]

Lol and yet theres still at least one clown trying to get 14k for his venom LE

#47285 7 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

As long as it's not custom. That's a mold fee and Stern ain't unpinching those pennies.

You'd think right? But I got a custom coin from Stern twice. I got a black knight one which was cool, and a Stern Insider Connected one which was stupid.

#47289 7 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wait, let me see the Black Knight coin...

I'm at work but its this one. Might have been made for a show, not from stern, I really don't know. Its got Pin-a-go-go California 2019 on the back side

PPS-BKSOR-CCF_548x560 (resized).jpgPPS-BKSOR-CCF_548x560 (resized).jpgaHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tL2Yv (resized).jpgaHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tL2Yv (resized).jpg
#47293 7 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Haha! I did that coin for Pin-a-Go-Go. They gave me the design and I handled the manufacture. Was supposed to be for a promotion to give away when you bought passes in advance, but then there was a split in the leadership over it and the promotion was killed AFTER the coins were delivered and some people got them at Golden State when they bought advance PAGG tickets there.
Somehow Stern ended up with them and used them for promotional items? I did not know that, but always wondered what happened to them...
[quoted image][quoted image]

I just assumed they came from Stern but I was probably just mistaken. I bought mine from Planetary. The insider connected coin did come from Stern directly though.

#47296 6 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Had no idea they were being sold. Link's still up...
https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-BKSOR-CC

The coins are sick man, you did a good job. If I ever need coins made, I know who to hit up!

#47316 6 days ago

Maybe the wiggles photoshopped it

#47329 6 days ago

Darn, I look like a fool now after I tried to backtrack on my previous statements

Note for idiots: It was then and is now sarcasm.

#47361 5 days ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I can't imagine it's a licensing issue, the license for a 3D model of a Mustang compared to the music rights to Stairway to Heaven are not comparable.

Lets not forget they didn't get the explorer or jeep license for Jurassic Park either. Not shocking they didn't license the car. Not a huge deal imo

#47447 3 days ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

Is the third flipper placement no a standardize thing with sterns?

wut?

#47457 3 days ago

Its easy to dismiss anyone who calls it pokeman as being completely out of touch with anything that happened after 1995

#47467 3 days ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Just has there are people who collect Disney memorabilia, Jaws memorabilia, Marvel or DC comics items, manga, etc, there are Pokemon collector-fans. Age is irrelevant. Is the phenomena as big as it use to be in it's heyday? I don't know the total Pokemon licensed sales. Maybe or maybe not but the fan base, with money, is there.

Its bigger than ever and people spend 100's of thousands to millions of dollars on single cards at the top end.

#47470 3 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I hear people say this but then I see all the crap with Mario on it and think, is it really that hard? Hell they licensed Mario and co to Ubisoft for some video games. There are actually a lot of Nintendo games that aren't made by Nintendo proper.

Yeah like those awesome Zelda and Mario games on the CDI!

#47481 3 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Ok those and the original Super Mario Brothers did poison the well to some degree. But also Capcom made some of the best Zelda games in the 90s and 00s, dont @ me

Minish Cap was fire, no lies detected

#47579 2 days ago
Quoted from replacement:

I am old and I am not the target market for a Pokémon pinball nor would I ever buy such a game. and that is ok.... carry on
I have only purchased NIB pinballs three so far.

Zero issue with this at all. You're right, that is ok! The annoying people are the ones that are so sure they know that a property thats for "kids" will bomb because they were 40 years old when Pokemon came out and remember all the little kids who are now adults in the pinball buying demo going crazy for it. Or they think people who spend thousands of dollars on pokemon merch wouldn't pop on a pinball machine. Or insert all the other out of touch reasons geezers come up with while they think rocking a denim jacket and a 3rd gen camaro is still the peak of cool.

Quoted from crujones4life:

Jonathan Wickerson
[quoted image]

Thank you for being the 50 billionth person to post this photo on pinside and in this thread

Quoted from cooked71:

And Beatles....
And Elvis.....
And Star Wars.....
And James Bond....
Super collectors everywhere are not interested in pinball machines.

I normally agree with this but Pokemon is different. Theres A TON of crossover with pinball players/gaming and nerd culture/ect that puts Pokemon in a completely different type of category than all the other franchises/bands that people think the super fans will pop for.

#47582 2 days ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Not that I'm tired of the Pokemon debate (I am), but where does the interest in He-Man come from? That cartoon came out when I was in HS and even then I thought it sucked - and I was in the Looney Toons-Hanna Barbera-Tom and Jerry cartoon/Tolkien-Superhero-Conan the Barbarian fantasy watching demographic they were targeting.

Well you probably don't get it because you were already in high school when He-Man came out lol

#47585 2 days ago
Quoted from acedanger:

One small problem 90% of kids don't like pinball. They like video touch screen ticket games or crane games.

one small problem 90% of kids go completely gaga for anything that says Pokemon on it.

#47596 2 days ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I'd love a MTG pin!!
[quoted image]

I think MTG could be a great theme for pinball too from the right company, but then everyone tells me I don't know what I'm talking about.

0 kids need to buy Pokemon for it to be a hit. That argument would make more sense if Pokemon first appeared 10 years ago. Whatever reasoning you would give for a videogame theme not to work 20 or 30 years ago simply don't apply now. Geek culture is thriving.
I'm assuming part of the thought is that people should have grown out of Pokemon, but not playing the games anymore doesn't mean they don't still have a soft spot for the property. The other argument would be that Pokemon isn't gritty enough, that's a bit of a issue, and why I think they shouldn't use the tv show.

Right. Theres plenty of people in the pinball demo who would buy the crap out of the game, or would buy it simply because their wife or kids would be into the theme, or operators who will earn a shit load (by pinball standards) on location from men, women, and children who are crazy for pokemon. Not many themes out there that appeal to such a broad audience as pokemon and lend themselves perfectly to pinball/gaming.

#47604 2 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Your demographic should be putting more $$$ into savings and 401k so you can buy 10x want you want later.
Younger people generally don’t have as much $$$ as older people because of the above.
Do what you want with your $$$. Looks like 8 people agree with you

Yeah and I should probably be going to the doctor too but here I am going on probably 15-20 years without a check up

#47714 21 hours ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Expression lighting is stupid but I don't do as many shrooms as some of the folks round here.

Thank you!!! Finally somebody says it. I'm not very impressed by it at all.

#47755 3 hours ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Expression lighting has its place. It DEFINITELY improves the experience on Foo Fighters and RUSH. I had a Pro and an LEs for both of those, and the EL on the LEs were a big experience upgrade. I can see what they were going for by adding it to Wick, since there are a lot of set pieces with neon-lit combat and interesting lighting in the movies. So to set a mood reminiscent of the movie...maaaybe? But I'll never know since I tapped out on Stern LEs after Foo. No more for me, and I don't have the Pro/Prem pins for the years required to hold one before EL becomes available as an add on.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the expression lights by any means. Is it an improvement? Yeah. Do I prefer to have expression lights over not having them? Of course! Its not that they look bad. They look...."cool I guess?" I've played em on Zep, Rush, and Foo and while they do offer a mild enhancement that I find nice, the effect is pretty lackluster compared to what other companies offer, plus they cost $500 freakin bucks if you gotta add them on. Some people act like it adds a mind blowing new dimension to gameplay and I just don't find that to be anywhere near the case especially for the price. Even the RGB GI in games like Cactus Canyon when you do a gunfight blow me away a lot more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haymaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=haymaker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.