IMG_2619 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2620 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2618 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7347 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7346 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7345 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7344 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 48,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 948 of 961.
#47351 16 days ago

didnt they license the aston martin for bond? that was probably much more expensive

#47352 16 days ago

Wick prices are the same as before. Don’t know le numbers yet but prob 1000 again

#47353 16 days ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

I get it. They didn't pay for stairway to heaven, we shouldn't be surprised they didn't pay for the exact Car.

Stairway wouldn't have worked on a pinball machine. It's way too slow for the first 2/3rds. Only the last 3rd of the song is up tempo enough, and then why bother.

As for cars, I don't think it matters. He basically destroys all his cars in the movies. He has a Mustang, but then ends up driving the 70 Chevelle for half the first movie, then ends up with a newer charger. It's not really that one is iconic to the franchise.

#47354 16 days ago

Cool, can't wait to see the playfield, music, assets from John Wick franchise. Do we know who's playfield it is and who's on coding ?

#47355 16 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Stairway wouldn't have worked on a pinball machine. It's way too slow for the first 2/3rds. Only the last 3rd of the song is up tempo enough, and then why bother.
As for cars, I don't think it matters. He basically destroys all his cars in the movies. He has a Mustang, but then ends up driving the 70 Chevelle for half the first movie, then ends up with a newer charger. It's not really that one is iconic to the franchise.

Yeah that's a good point about him swapping cars. I was really just poking fun at the fact we have a 20 second clip and people are already mad.

#47356 16 days ago

Confirmed 1000 le again

#47357 16 days ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

Yeah that's a good point about him swapping cars. I was really just poking fun at the fact we have a 20 second clip and people are already mad.

True. The trolls are coming out of the woodwork lol

#47358 16 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

Confirmed 1000 le again

There will be 999 available since one will be in my house!!

#47359 16 days ago

Stairway to Heaven would be GOD AWEFUL in a pinball game

#47360 16 days ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

Stairway to Heaven would be GOD AWEFUL in a pinball game

I love "Stairway to Heaven" so I wished that the song was there, exactly like "God of Thunder" in my KISS, or the original "Jurassic Park" Mercedes-Benz or that ford explorer instead of an invention in the Pinball…personally I just prefer to see something original there and not wishing for something in that spot all the time.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#47361 16 days ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I can't imagine it's a licensing issue, the license for a 3D model of a Mustang compared to the music rights to Stairway to Heaven are not comparable.

Lets not forget they didn't get the explorer or jeep license for Jurassic Park either. Not shocking they didn't license the car. Not a huge deal imo

#47362 16 days ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

I get it. They didn't pay for stairway to heaven, we shouldn't be surprised they didn't pay for the exact Car.

They did in Bond!

#47363 16 days ago
Quoted from Whistles:

They did in Bond!

That’s because it’s iconic. Who cares if it’s a Jeep in Jurassic park or what car Wick drives?

If they made a Bullet pin I would expect a 68 mustang though.

#47364 16 days ago

Live on the site gentlemen.

https://sternpinball.com/game/john-wick/

EDIT: Oops... spectacularly late.

#47365 16 days ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I can't imagine it's a licensing issue, the license for a 3D model of a Mustang compared to the music rights to Stairway to Heaven are not comparable.

When you're too cheap to pay for either of them, of course its comparable.

#47366 16 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

Did you happen to see any images of the machines?

#47367 16 days ago

The Mustang is a big part of the original movie definitely needs to be in there. I’m thinking a bash toy would be cool

#47368 16 days ago

Sounds like original music of the electronic variety.

#47369 16 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

Digging the bright white cabinets.

#47370 16 days ago

Stern has gone all out on the LE, apparently they teamed up with Reynolds Wrap for special limited edition foil decals. Wow!

#47371 16 days ago
Quoted from Oneironaut:

When you're too cheap to pay for either of them, of course its comparable.

Ha ha fair enough

#47372 16 days ago

Most likely another fun Stern title that might be fun to pick up in 6-12 months at a nice discount.

#47373 16 days ago

I too am excited for newer IP, and Wick. Have to play it a few times first, but up my alley...

Side note on LE edition machines.
I see no exclusivity anymore to stern builds other than a badge.
You can literally make a better premium version now far cheaper with powder coat so accessible, literally any graphics package you could dream up with a good graphics shop, including art blades, cabinet, and translite.
Premium + $600.00 you could outdo any LE ever built.
Numbered Badge? 1 of 1 now thats exclusive, and different.

#47374 16 days ago
Quoted from MrBigg:

Side note on LE edition machines.
I see no exclusivity anymore to stern builds other than a badge.

Look again.

Quoted from MrBigg:

You can literally make a better premium version now far cheaper with powder coat so accessible, literally any graphics package you could dream up with a good graphics shop, including art blades, cabinet, and translite.
Premium + $600.00 you could outdo any LE ever built.
Numbered Badge? 1 of 1 now thats exclusive, and different.

You literally cannot. Literally.

Did you forget about the mirrored backglass? Can't do that yourself. Absolutely superior to any Premium you can make and the reason Stern will keep making at least 1000 of every LE now. They will always sell, eventually, because a certain percentage that may not have been in the pinball game at launch will want that cool mirrored backglass. The LEs have a much higher margin, too, so even discounted, Stern makes more.

#47375 16 days ago

Here’s the thing about LEs…there’s no mandatory purchase on these.
Just buy a premium and add the extras. Will certainly save the buyer a few bucks.

However, there are still purchasers who simply want to purchase the fully loaded turn-key model. Issue now is the exorbitant pricing. Plus 1,000 is simply too many for a limited edition of anything.

I’ve been on Pinside many years and the obsession with Stern’s LEs is kinda crazy.
The premium offers the exact same pf & gameplay without the bling.

Stern makes bank on the LEs. No doubt prices are now seemingly too high on all editions.

Only way Stern ever reduces prices is if Dealers/Distributors stop ordering and maybe not even then. More likely they add in extras like speaker lights or a similar enhancement.

Here in Canada, there are now multiple Distributors who sell Stern pins so although the landscape has changed a bit, the MRSPs are still all the same.

Wick seems like a fairly fun theme but the crickets in this thread possibly indicates sell through may be mediocre.

Still looking forward to seeing the full release next week.

#47376 16 days ago

Maybe? !.

IMG_8833 (resized).jpegIMG_8833 (resized).jpeg
#47377 16 days ago

Last titles are from the 70s so they try and jump to cover their bases maybe?

#47378 16 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Maybe? !.
[quoted image]

I am almost positive that is the virtual pinball version of John Wick

#47379 16 days ago
Quoted from VoodooPin:

I am almost positive that is the virtual pinball version of John Wick

It is.

#47380 16 days ago

In case anyone is curious, here is the link to the vpx download for the above picture, looks pretty fun.
https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/16522-john-wick-babayaga-pinball-edition/

#47381 16 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Maybe? !.
[quoted image]

Haha...few to many Standups for Stern these days

#47382 16 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Haha...few to many Standups for Stern these days

Yes, that would be 1 curved mono block target.

#47383 16 days ago

Is that VPin a reskin of Oktoberfest? It’s what it looked like at a glance

#47384 16 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Is that VPin a reskin of Oktoberfest? It’s what it looked like at a glance

I think you're right?

JW VPIN (resized).pngJW VPIN (resized).pngobf (resized).pngobf (resized).png
#47385 16 days ago

Is the third flipper placement no a standardize thing with sterns?

#47386 16 days ago

They've reskinned that reskin a lot of times. I think it was originally based on the movie It. And yes Oktoberfest is credited as the inspiration.

It's a really fun layout, that is lost in an Oktoberfest bad theme wrapper. Vpin does make it shine in a way it never had a chance to irl.

#47387 15 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Look again.

You literally cannot. Literally.
Did you forget about the mirrored backglass? Can't do that yourself. Absolutely superior to any Premium you can make and the reason Stern will keep making at least 1000 of every LE now. They will always sell, eventually, because a certain percentage that may not have been in the pinball game at launch will want that cool mirrored backglass. The LEs have a much higher margin, too, so even discounted, Stern makes more.

Yeah, actually you can. It may not be real mirror, but you can have mirror material printed on now. Not discounting that the LE will always sell, PT Barnum, and Soloman, said that best.
I'd take the larger monitor over the translite anyway. I do alot of different type builds, homebrews, rethemes, etc, and have access to great graphics guys.
I stick by my comment that I could outdo any LE with a premium and less money

#47388 15 days ago

Really curious to see how they utilize the WICK soundtrack music catalog for this game. I went through all the movies soundtrack assets and found a few good ones. Most of it is dark-goth like synth that tends to blend together.

I got my keen sense of hearing tuned out and found some gold nuggets mixed into some of the soundtracks. Hopefully Stern captures some of the good loops. If not-we always have Cleland to save us

#47389 15 days ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Sounds like original music of the electronic variety.

Not exactly.
A little too close to blade runner by vangelis to truly call it original...... not subtle either. Music + video immediately recognizable as blade runner meets matrix.
Can you blame them? Two best titles imo so why be original.. blend them and cash out.

#47390 15 days ago
Quoted from JMK:

Here’s the thing about LEs…there’s no mandatory purchase on these.
Just buy a premium and add the extras. Will certainly save the buyer a few bucks.
However, there are still purchasers who simply want to purchase the fully loaded turn-key model. Issue now is the exorbitant pricing. Plus 1,000 is simply too many for a limited edition of anything.
I’ve been on Pinside many years and the obsession with Stern’s LEs is kinda crazy.
The premium offers the exact same pf & gameplay without the bling.
Stern makes bank on the LEs. No doubt prices are now seemingly too high on all editions.
Only way Stern ever reduces prices is if Dealers/Distributors stop ordering and maybe not even then. More likely they add in extras like speaker lights or a similar enhancement.
Here in Canada, there are now multiple Distributors who sell Stern pins so although the landscape has changed a bit, the MRSPs are still all the same.
Wick seems like a fairly fun theme but the crickets in this thread possibly indicates sell through may be mediocre.
Still looking forward to seeing the full release next week.

The one problem with buying a premium and adding a bunch of accessories is you then have a premium with $11k - $12k in it... You can add the nicer Stern armor, invisiglass, art blades, shooter rod, speakers, etc but at that point just spend another $1k and get an actual LE.

#47391 15 days ago

I have a Batman le coming in soon. First lcd stern game and they did it right with that le. Official awesome topper INCLUDED which you can’t buy. 240 limited run. They need to do a better topper for LE and then a standard for rest just like before and how jjp does it now. That’s how you sell 1000 le’s today.

#47392 15 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

They need to do a better topper for LE and then a standard for rest just like before and how jjp does it now. That’s how you sell 1000 le’s today.

But this would challenge the perception that Stern has a pricing advantage over JJP? And when it comes down to it the perception is free to them to continue on selling the accessories on their own. I also think they sell a lot of these to non-owners as well.

#47393 15 days ago
Quoted from Zen_Monkey:

That’s because it’s iconic. Who cares if it’s a Jeep in Jurassic park or what car Wick drives?
If they made a Bullet pin I would expect a 68 mustang though.

I’d argue the Jeep and Explorer are just as iconic to JP. Whenever I see a Jeep on the road with square headlights I think JP. There’s a reason why folks swap the mech on their games too.

#47394 15 days ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

The Mustang is a big part of the original movie definitely needs to be in there. I’m thinking a bash toy would be cool

Someone will definitely mod one in there somewhere

#47395 15 days ago
Quoted from MrBigg:

Yeah, actually you can. It may not be real mirror

Exactly.

#47396 15 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The one problem with buying a premium and adding a bunch of accessories is you then have a premium with $11k - $12k in it... You can add the nicer Stern armor, invisiglass, art blades, shooter rod, speakers, etc but at that point just spend another $1k and get an actual LE.

Ya plus resale of the prem with the mods . You prob get a quarter of the money back if you are lucky .

#47397 15 days ago

Got this from one of my dealers and passing it along for those interested in John Wick:

Location Pros shipping next week
LEs shipping end of May
Premiums shipping end of August / early September
Pros shipping mid-August

Seems like a big wait until Premiums and Pros ship but that's what I was sent.

#47398 15 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Got this from one of my dealers and passing it along for those interested in John Wick:
Location Pros shipping next week
LEs shipping end of May
Premiums shipping end of August / early September
Pros shipping mid-August
Seems like a big wait until Premiums and Pros ship but that's what I was sent.

Sounds like the strategy that originated around Bond of making the wait for Premiums and Pros so long that impatient people suck up and just get the LE to have it 3 months earlier. Doesn't always hold up and sometimes they ship earlier than announced on the Prem and home Pros.

#47399 15 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't know what accessories/mods would add up to cost $1500 to $2500. premiums are $9500. 1200 or so if you did the 5 things you mentioned. That would only put it at $10.7k and the only thing missing would be the true back glass from a stock le stand point.

#47400 15 days ago

Wick is a cool theme...cant wait to play one
Whats next?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.95
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chester, VA
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 48,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 948 of 961.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/948 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.