20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider digitaldocc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15911 3 years ago

Just watched an episode of the falcon and winter soldier and they referenced skull island. I'm down for a godzilla vs kong in the marvel universe pin.

Make is so stern.

#16071 3 years ago

I'd put evil dead right next to my Rob Zombie pin in a heartbeat. Hail to the pin baby.

#16244 3 years ago

So what day does Stern make announcements?

#16255 3 years ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

In the past, typically teaser video on thur or fri, distribution meeting the following monday and then reveal to public the next day.

Gotcha. Well I hope soon because I don't want fill that hole in the lineup to find out something cool is happening.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16518 3 years ago

If a Mortal Kombat pin is released all they need is a Jack Burton vs Raiden mode and all the big trouble in little china itches can get scratched.

1 week later
#17180 2 years ago

The VR star wars tables just came out on the oculus quest today. I played their Mando pin and Cara dune was thankfully on the artwork with call outs. I could care less what she tweats in real life.

Hearing the theme song with Mando mumbling about his next job wasn't very exciting. Hopefully stern can liven up their version with battle scenes and pumping remixed music. The game should represent a campy action packed spaghetti western in space and not take itself serious. Baby Yoda causing trouble a plus.

#17285 2 years ago

Glad I'm a Dink. More pins for me.

#17405 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

The market may not “lie” about the $ “value” (perceived) of a game, but that has nothing to do with the games overall worth. You should know better. You sound very disingenuous, or simply ignorant of what the game became.
15k posts in the XMEN thread is a testament to the fact that the game was hyped to the hills and tracked closely at the very beginning by aLOT of people. You get one chance to make a first impression. After which people stop caring or just get lazy and ignorant, in terms of not keeping up with the games evolution.
After incredible hype, the game had shit code and QC issues out of the box. Then a small - but vociferous - group harped incessantly about the callouts, contributing to the massive letdown, and from then on the game had a poor reputation. After the long delayed “big attempt” to fix the code failed, most people just gave up, and rightfully so.
Then Stern released about 12 games - many quite good - over the next three years AND JJP and CGC came on the scene. XMEN’s reputation was already sealed and the hobby moved on.
And then they fixed the code in a huge way, and made the game quite good. And Fat Panda crafted a custom sound package with XMEN callouts from the licensed cartoons and cool music (Layla?! Who knew?).
So YOU may think it’s a dud, but many people think it’s quite good now.

Got the Newton ball mod in place of that giant wolverine bash and the new sound package. My xmen le is a blast to play and I have no intention of letting it go anytime soon.

#17423 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Didn’t know there were a new sound package. Who did it?

Pinsider FatPanda. He did some nice work pulling the show open theme and callouts from the cartoon. Other musical choices may not appeal to some but can be changed out with pinball browser.

#17466 2 years ago

The 4th is not with us.

#17715 2 years ago

I'm glad people complain so much. I love my transformers combo le and xmen magneto. Please keep it up.

#17941 2 years ago

Looking forward to the trailer video on Tuesday. Even then it's still hard to know the fun factor until at least a live game play stream.

#18067 2 years ago

Looks promising. First thing I'd do is rip baby Yoda out and make a topper out of him. When the magnets turn on maybe lights can shine on him or something. Must get rid of that useless doll junking up the playfield. I'd be good with that.

#18146 2 years ago

Please tell me Godzilla won't have dolls that do nothing. Or some little bobblehead. The king of all monsters needs to be made for adults.

#18236 2 years ago

I'll reserve Mando judgment for the deadflip stream and final judgement until I play one. At the moment it's a pass.

Moving forward I'm really hoping they do a good job with godzilla so I can decide on my next pin being godzilla or the alien remake. Unless Mando turns out to be a surprise in a good way.

1 week later
#18412 2 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

all they have to do is buy the Hasbro The Child Animatronic, make something like a board, chip, to trigger the physical connection needed to make him move and blink, or go 1 step further & tap into the programming and make him do the certain functions... install him in the pin and done!

Modders have to somehow switch the arm that moves because of the ramp location. No clue how to tap into some capacitor sensor.

2 weeks later
#18742 2 years ago

How about godzilla with a metal band soundtrack or like another pinsider mentioned a highlander pin with queen as the soundtrack just like in the actual movie. Or Queen and a flash Gordon movie pin.

3 months later
#20804 2 years ago

Good, push godzilla back so my Mando can ship before the price increase. If my agreed price isn't honored I'm canceling. It's bad optics to delay a shipment to coincide with a price bump. On purpose or not.

I could care less about connected updates. It's no trouble to stick a USB drive in and update on my terms. Besides, I love changing Sterns stock audio anyway.

#20813 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Give me the Clubber Lang " I'm the baddest man in the world " LE
[quoted image]

Clubber, What's your prediction for Stern's price increase?

Pain!!!!

1 week later
#21622 2 years ago

Any idea when deadflip is doing the gameplay stream?

1 week later
#21874 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

THEY LIVE! …and Army of Darkness are my biggest dream themes.
[quoted image]

Love the back alley brawl in they live. I wonder if that scene holds up today.

7 months later
#26640 1 year ago

Any guess on when the next stern will be revealed? Dates?

2 weeks later
#27081 1 year ago

Totally hoping its JJP's toy story vs Stern's H Plopper that way I can throw my money at Spooky for a potential Evil Dead release.

#27093 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Ding ding ding! My thoughts exactly. I just hope they don’t double release Evil Dead / Scooby Doo with the same layout cause I’ll have a serious dilemma on my hands as an operator aaaand I definitely ain’t buying both. Scooby Doo would rain buckets of coin but I’m a huuuge Evil Dead fan.

Zoiks! I don't envy your choice if it's a double layout release.

1 week later
#27362 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

My photo is actually not Blackula. It’s from the Kollywood version of Michael Jackson’s ‘Thriller’ …which is completely bat shit and highly recommended.

I also love that one of the you tube comments on this video reads. “I remember watching this on acid and almost suffocating to death from laughing so hard”
I can see that.

Just added to my gameroom Playlist.

#27397 1 year ago

Jaws could be fun if the player was jaws. Making shots to close in on the hunt, raming ships, and dodging harpoons.

2 months later
#31708 1 year ago

Very glad I just skipped to the end of this last volly of posts.

1 week later
#32758 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

PinMonk is 100% right.
With increased prices and enhanced production there should be a corresponding increase in quality, not a decrease.

Makes sense to me. Hope Bond is super meched out with fun rules and multimedia that will appeal to long time adult fans.

#32836 1 year ago

Bond is a man's man and this game is supposed to be for dudes. Let's hope they code the right thing for fans or at least have the adult mode. Please don't Jersey Jack this game.

1 week later
#33195 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Stream of the game is a couple weeks away per George.
Waiting on some vid/music approval.

Really? No gameplay stream for weeks?

#33198 1 year ago

Well it is what it is I guess. Thanks for the 411 man.

1 year later
#46854 5 days ago

I'm holding off on my next purchase in the hopes of seeing if John Wick is made with quality TLC. Hopefully whomever is doing the design and programming are fans of the franchise. When is the next prospective new release announcement?

#46857 5 days ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

Is the guess that Borg is on Wick?

I'd be happy with Borg on Wick.

#46867 5 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

He's had some great games. If I could pick 5 games from any designer I think he'd be near the top.
1. TWD
2. Metallica
3. Tron
4. Iron Man
5. TMNT

TMNT is the only one of these 5 games I don't have in my lineup. Raising my glass to Borg!!

Make John Wick for adults and not watered down mech or content wise and I'll be flipping.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, OR
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PREMIUM) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider digitaldocc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=digitaldocc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.