Topic Stats

• 6,435 posts
  • 800 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by EightBallTexas
  • Topic is favorited by 136 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 651 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

80B0E8CD-0CF7-4E38-A3A7-29045F239119 (resized).jpeg
1A7295AC-EEDE-424A-AC41-AD8EE4C6AAB7 (resized).jpeg
F4D24AB5-6867-4E89-B33C-5C9EFE59F016 (resized).jpeg
7816E6E4-75DB-4ACE-BF63-58BC6E552426 (resized).jpeg
Weird (resized).jpeg
2bd3596680dc9bcd2f08280513edaa22 (resized).jpg
sexy_reptiles___creamy_donatello_rq_april_2join_in_by_alaer-d7iyph7 (resized).jpg
2CACCC99-7C1D-42AE-A540-3F839F8371E2 (resized).jpeg
a26fa99cf160b753518704c8de5f8acb (resized).jpg
D7D40B74-6E1A-47AC-AF03-06B37F186E49 (resized).jpeg
7F0C10C9-54DF-4B36-A494-CCB15CA7A669 (resized).jpeg
655C6BA2-1C0F-4014-93D0-00FA55C78105 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191223-132219_Kijiji (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191223-132223_Kijiji (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191223-132208_Kijiji (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191223-132204_Kijiji (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ds_nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

256 posts in this topic match your search for posts by ds_nadine. You are on page 1 of 2.
#682 2 years ago

Plz no more hard rock and Marvel.

#686 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Something tells me you might be disappointed with the next couple of releases listed above.

Something tells me you're right, but there's still wishful thinking.

Whereas my bet is that I'll be right for the next release, wich I suppose to be The Beatles. That would be a must have for me BUT in the poll Ka-Pow Pinball did they're namingly only asked about "Beatles: Yellow Submarine"... wich is a song I don't particulary like and a movie that I watched as a child an thought was absolutely horrible.

I'd "like" to see other iconic music despite rock, for instance Michael Jackson. Or more DC comics, like "Superman". That'd be still the same formula.

Personally I'd love them to make a new BTTF, Turtles or *cough* My little Pony.

#691 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Rumour has it Beatles licensing is mega expensive, it probably would be Ka-Pow/SLE release for Stern to even be able to afford the rights, I have read articles saying single songs have cost in excess of $100,000 to be used once on shows.

Last "fact" I heard was that the first beatles songs are allready public domain... at least here in europe and a news in the year 2013 under a copyright law that they were allready about to change, so... XD

Despite that. There was "Beatles: Rock Band" so I think the're open for something like this and altough I'm no licensing guy there are contracts based on royalities for "units sold" .

AND despite that I allready wrote "Ka-Pow", so yes I think it'll be not a pinball machine I could afford to buy... but I hope I'm wrong.

But I'm one wierd kind of guy who 'hates' (don't like) about every license Stern aquires (except Ghostbusters), but still love the games. My greatest complaint about Aerosmith is that it's Aerosmith. XD - And altough I'm one of maybe two people in the world that don't like Star Wars I'll propably buy the machine since I love Steve Richies Designs.

3 months later
#1054 2 years ago

Just play better.

Now plz back to speculating about the upcoming My little Pony Pinball.

1 month later
#1169 2 years ago

NEEEXT!

1 month later
#1245 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Why did JT leave, or ditch the design or whatever??

Innocent until proved guilty, not.

#1247 2 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I heard they are working on My Little Pony

Wich I would srsly totally buy!!!

#1287 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

You're kidding right... Deadpool has the highest Worldwide box office gross of any R rated movie in history and a sequel is coming out this Spring. Would be a great choice for a more mature rated pinball machine.

We get Batman 66 because we're old farts that never heard of this guy. When I first saw him I thought Spider Man has a new costume.

1 month later
#1389 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, it looks like Luci vault edition is before Iron Maiden.....
http://pinball-universe.de/626-ac-dc-luci-premium-ve-2018

Lol.

Edit: Does this now count as the Vault Edition for 2018? (Nothing else coming?)

#1393 1 year ago
Quoted from Stones:

Well wtf? I literally just received my PremiumVE last week, I would have held out had I known they were going to do more Luci's

Oh my, I'd propably eat my own underpants.

Why do I suddenly imagine Kaneda suddenly rush up from pooping, recording a new podcast for a new scoop! XD

3 weeks later
#1439 1 year ago

So, 2018 launched with AC/DC Vault 2 and their new Mega-LE "Surpreme"!!!

Can this year get any more exciting? What would be even greater possible titles?

I'd think of:
"House Dust Mite"
"Pure Boredom"
"Let's not even try anymore"

#1449 1 year ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I heard next title would be announced april, but sure hope/prefer sooner.

Doesn't that hurt?

I'd like a new TMNT.

il_570xN_1395144452_9o9a (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1697 1 year ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I heard it’s my little pony

And I'd still be in on that!

#1710 1 year ago
Quoted from Cantaffordgames:

every metal/rock bar will get one as well.

A LE is an collectors item. Why would you put a LE on location?
It's more expensive as well so it's even harder for the game to pay for itself.

There's a reason the pro model exists.

#1758 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Pro is for non-player route operators that don't care and just want a machine to fill a space and earn. Premium is appreciated by players on a route because it's not stripped to the bone like a pro and has all the features of the LE. We usually only get Premiums on the route I help with (one Pro, and sometimes LEs in trades or something, but usually only Premiums) and in the one place where there's a Pro of the same machine across the street, we KILL it. Once the players found our Premium version, they play that over the Pro because there's no comparison feature-wise if you're a pinball fan.

So you're basically saying LE is not for location as well, wich was my point.

Here - where the density of pinball places is extremely sparse - it's only pros.
There is no "competitor on the other side of the street" you can kill, or people can do a direct comparison.

#1759 1 year ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

There's a bar in Louisville, KY, USA that has TWD LE, Hobbit LE, WOZ Ruby Red, GOT LE, SW LE, DI LE, and BM66 SLE... It's a hopping place!

That is not your casual location but a pinball bar.

#1761 1 year ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

This is true... It's known for it's pinball selection.

He was talking about Maiden LE doing well in a 'usual' rock pub environment.
For something like this I don't see any meaning in buying a LE.

Fpor a pinball bar however:
LE's get manufactured before the premium, so you pay extra to get the hottest shit faster for everyone to come to your place!
Makes sense.

1 week later
#1834 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Youtube dude. Bad ass band!

Always thought they're a video website.

#1892 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Batman'66 was DEFINITELY promoted as a boutique pin. It did not have "normal" rollout (no Pro level, Super-LE added).

You may think what you want but it's still a normal cornerstone title. (Wich is basically a "new" game you can order from your favorite pinball retailer.)
It's definately not a usual Stern game but then again, it was the 30th anniversary and with JJP expanding to the higher price market, why shouldn't Stern? Batman Premium is still available, not limited, made inside Stern so what exactly is 'boutique' here?

Non-Cornerstone are Vaults and Titles you don't buy via Stern itself and/ or usual retailers like Pabst Blue Ribbon, Supreme, even Spiderman Home in a way.

#1918 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

So now you're redefining Whoa Nellie as NOT a boutique (when it is/was), because you could buy it from Stern and usual retailers? They probably still have some in the warehouse.
http://www.sternpinball.com/games/whoa-nellie/whoa

Whoa Nellie was released in 2011 when there was no 'boutique' (no Spooky, no Zidware..) in terms of pinball.
So altough it -from todays standpoint- seems 'boutique' it then just was 'kinda odd' and produced, marketed and sold the usual way. (And would it have taken off there would be thousands of this game around.)

And we were talking about 'cornerstone titles' wich as well is a term/ part of a mixed business modell Stern didn't have in 2011.

So the assumption that Whoa Nellie is a boutique game is basically the same as:
"Is a horse in hindsight just an oldtimer (car)?"

1 week later
#2087 1 year ago

Maiden looks amazing...

NEEEEEXT!!!

3 weeks later
#2162 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Perhaps Keith can take this one on ?
Such a amazing theme
Soundtrack is so incredible/immersive
The layout/art/subways/laser lights, hell yeah, am i in a dream, lol
Just killer
Who got the licence ?

Hmmm, a license from 1898.
I think that'd be a new record.

2 weeks later
#2229 1 year ago

According to our favorite non-forum member and cited by TWIP the next's year will bet even more on nostalgia/ great licenses from the past.

So a Superman pinball would fit into this but then again I'm not sure hearing that statement from someone that Big Troble in little China would be the greatest license in the world.
Beetlejuice or BtilC will pretty much be dead on arrival for the most part. And something like Willy Wonka will be JJPs final nail in the coffin when they see that overseas noone cares (or even heard) of that. NOONE outside the US buys Wizard of Oz because of the license but despite it, just like most people here don't care for Mustangs or Wrestling.

#2247 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Call me crazy but I kind of think a Beatles pin could be a major misstep for whoever makes it. A license so expensive and constricting it makes Disney look friendly. Imagine the insane hoops billionaires and their widows would make you jump through? You'd have to honor even their craziest request.

Yes and no. The Beatles ('ses widows) are experinced licensors and with Rock Band: Beatles being great in Terms of freedom art direction wise that should be all good.

BUT what they weren't allowed was to change the music itself (so it had to play a note altough you didn't hit in in the game, wich breaks a lot of the games feedback). Considering that It'll propably be hard getting somebody screaming JACKPOT over some songs and giving David Thiel (or whomever) some hard time. :-/

Still, if the game is no turdfest I'd be in.

2 weeks later
#2325 1 year ago

While we are at "Vault", I'd like the next Vault to be Transformers, still with DMD and such, but 80s cartoon art.
I think Transformers is fun, but the Robots kinda look like a mess.

1 month later
#2338 1 year ago

Nowish: Deadpool
Fall/ Winter 2018: Munsters
January: Beatles
Late Spring/ Summer 2019: Godzilla?!

#2341 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Just acquired the license, so unless a whitewood already exists waiting for a theme, I can't see this being a 2019 game.

Since I learned from the Kaminkow Interview that they were used to make an top tier games like Back to the Future in 6 Weeks from top to bottom I see no problem in having that game shipping tomorrow.

Joking obviously, but of course the game would do better releasing together with the new movie (in May 2019).

And yeah I kinda forgot Steve Ritchie, Brian Eddy and Elvira (wich doesn't seem to be high in importance for Stern), but who knows what Brian Eddy is working on, so... It's possible. I remember Homecomputer days when licensed games were allready fully done when they still had to get that license. Would also explain the "bidding war", if the game is allready in the making and they're afraid to not get the license.

Pure speculation of course.

3 weeks later
#2358 1 year ago

I must admit for my taste we're a bit too well informed what is in the pipeline... kinds of ruins the surprise, altough we don't know anything but the Name.

Looking forward to Steve Ritchies original theme.

#2370 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

It is Munsters.... early Feb.
The Le is set to look like a coffin with red velvet below the side rails.
I personally won't be in on it as I'm not a fan of the old show so I may yet get a deadpool le instead.

Since Beatles is supposed to be revealed in January (CES) that doesn't seem likely.
But of course games could witch places or what does your source say is planned for this fall/winter?

1 week later
#2390 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

From what I heard, they are both Kapow.

You didn't listen (closely).

Kaminkow said (in the H2H Interview) the next Stern game (after Deadpool) will be a license they (Ka-Pow) got for Stern (and Stern handles themselfes).

The game planned after that will be a Ka-Pow game (supposedly presented at CES January 2019). That's the one we whink is Beatles and with no Pro modell, limited quantities but not "super expensive".

#2392 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

I didn't get it from Kaminkow, but thanks.

Ah ok. But basically all "rumour" is based off that interview... and misunderstandings surrounding that.

And Kaminkow should know.

#2395 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

Lets get get Joe to remake Kabuki, minus that pink colored cabinet.

Personally I don't want Joe to lay Hand on anything designingwise again, or we get gems like BTTF.

Yes, he is involved with some great games but he didn't design them.

1 week later
#2399 1 year ago

THat would be... "kinda" awesome, I guess?

1 week later
#2417 1 year ago
Quoted from Goalie:

When do they usually announce Vault editions?

No particular time... propably when the line is not at 100% capacity.

#2419 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I like your picks and would insert Eddy’s game in Spring. I could see Elvira moving to that spot as well. That’s a bang up lineup, Stern is bringing their A-game.
Fall 2018 - Munsters
Winter 2018 - Beatles
Spring 2019 - Jaws by Eddy
Summer 2018 - Steve Ritchie non-license
Fall 2019 - Elvira 3
Winter 2019 -TronVe

With Munsters it would be 3 Titles this year, so we're done.
"Beatles" is set for January 2019 (CES) if everything runs smooth. (Source: Kaminkow)

Only possibility that Eddys, Steve Ritchies game and Elvira will ship in 2019 is if Stern doesn't define Beatles as a cornerstone title.
... Could happen.

#2422 1 year ago

... well Winter of 2018 mostly occurs in 2019 or what people might refer to as 1st quarter 2019. To get it straight in your mind, add three months to when you were currently thinking of each season.
[quoted image]

Let's just put that under 'cultural differences'.

But the problem is the same, one to many game.

#2429 1 year ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

Anything confirmed regarding Jaws or is it just speculation ?

Confirmed speculation.

#2442 1 year ago

Just was dreaming about a Phineas & Ferb Pinball machine featuring the most incredible mechs you'd ever seen.

#2445 1 year ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I'm not sure what you mean by that line... but let say this Disney didn't do Star Wars Fox did, and Jaws when you re-adjust box office for inflation is the 7th Biggest movie of ALL-TIME!

Yeah these kids nowadays still go crazy buying Jaws toys, to the hot multiple new Jaws TV shows, playing all the new videogames...

Oh, wait no! That was Star Wars, wich is a relevant, money making, property for decades.

Nothing against Jaws but not matter who the license holder is, it's normal that Star Wars licensing crew is kinda over protective compared to something that isn't really marketed anymore and many (younger) people don't even know about.

Srsly, I talked to a bunch of guys (under 20 years) at an event and for whatever reason changed topic to "Back to the Future"... and had to notice noone ever heard of that movie.
I'm pretty sure nowadays we would get Michael J. Fox likeness on the backglass. <- Sad smiley cause we're old farts.

[Edit: Thinking of it. If I'd describe a youngster what Jaws is about, they propably will think about it as a lame Sharknado prequel. ]

#2458 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’d take one but it would need to be reworked (like BM66) so not a straight up vault, make the layout better, make the code better with a G1 reskin or even this bumblebee movie licence will do.
In the trailer you can see G1 inspired Optimus, Bumbleebee, Soundwave, Starscream those alone are good enough for me to give this movie a chance, hopefully soundwave and starscream have their icon voices, finally they look like transformers only took them 5 movies to work it out

Well... it COULD happen.

And while Stern is in a deal with Hasbro again, maybe we'll finally get that My Little Pony machine everyone is begging for.

#2465 1 year ago

While He-Man and stuff of course is cool ("nostalgia") it's nothing I still care about now.
(Not collecting, not watching the TV Show... still liking the Music and Artstyle very much tough.)

To be honest, the TV Series (the scripts) wasn't very good.
It's just we had nothing better.

1 month later
#2515 1 year ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

My distributor said... a surprise for the xmas holidays..

I'm still hot for Bill & Ted.

#2540 1 year ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Interesting I thought they were done with the SAM DMD vaults...

They're still vaulting with Star Trek, arent they?

#2543 1 year ago

Actually they put their 'last order' for that online a month or so ago.

3 weeks later
#2553 1 year ago
Quoted from jorro:

A big market gor stern is europe and italy, dlnt think that it would do verry well there

Italy is in europe.

I loved the 3 stooges as a kid!

3 weeks later
#2568 1 year ago

Honestly I like that I don't know what is next, so imagination can run wild.

I usually love Ritchies Designs the most and am really intrigued what Biran Eddy is doing, besides cleaning microwaves, but with the packages Stern delivered the last year it'll be fantastic!

ONLY Bummer is that Zombie Yeti didn't have the time to work on Ritchies game.
I prefer the comic style look.

Maybe they let Kevin O'Connor draw again for a change.

#2580 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I am sitting here wondering why nobody has made a pin featuring the #1 grossing movie of the 80s.... ET?

I don't think that one has kept an active community... When was the last time you saw someone at Comiccon fly by with a bike or pointing his glowing finger at you searching for a phone booth?

1 week later
#2626 11 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Any guesses as to what this year’s 2019 vault edition will be? I don’t think it’ll be TRON or LOTR. I’m guessing Twd or GOT with redone art package. Maybe TWD comic version?

GOT with new art (at least for the decals and translite - I would not change the style of the playfield too much) would be a dream.

Guess TWD is as well I suppose, as I always thought that is a brownish mess when playing it, but I never had an affinity for Zombies and you cant make that Well walker look "beautiful". Aka brownish mess fits the theme.
Would have to redesign him as well.

1 week later
#2656 11 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If you don't put an LCD with video in a VE now then its DOA.
Don't waste your time Stern selling a few hundred of overpriced SM types.
SM is a great example. Horrible VE. Give me original, and now the LE is selling for less than the VE

Disagree on DMD

Spiderman sucks because of its sound

#2667 11 months ago
Quoted from whitey:

Next Title is Black Knight 3000 !!!!!!!

While that would not be an original, original title, Gary would propably be ok with it because of this and they let him have the license for a third one for free, so... I guess it's a high propability.

I think I'd prefer him to be even more free, since an upper playfield and magna save seems obligatory to the "license" and he would get backlash from pinside Folks if he'd not stick to this, but I don't think he cares for pinside anyways and just makes it a good game.

#2678 11 months ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Will it have a better title than that?
What I mean is, will 3000 be in the name?
If so, what's the significance of 3000?

SR said himself multiple times that this would be the beige Knight.

1 week later
#2739 11 months ago

I want GoT Vault!

#2810 10 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

And yet TWIP didn't have any new info on Iceman's new job as JJP spokesman??

Lol?

I remember him shitting all over Dialed In! last Twippy Stream.
(And on the awards themselves.)

#2832 10 months ago

I like games that are awesome, not games that are based on awesome stuff.
So if BK3000 will be the ultimate freedom Steve Ritchie game, bring it on!!!

2 weeks later
#2841 10 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

The King will be there and hopefully name and show a sneak peek of his next title.
I can't wait for Steve's thread to fire up over his next title

I'm not worthy of his highness, I'm cancer!

#2846 10 months ago

As he allready told a 100 times it's called: "The beige Knight"

It will be a game about helping old woman across the street'n stuff.

#2854 10 months ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Guys it's Rollergames 2: Into the Void

Crockodile Pit!

#2869 9 months ago

Walker Texas Ranger?

#2872 9 months ago

Reveal coming tuesday?

#2880 9 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

All I can think when I see that photo is: “Play Better!”
[quoted image]

Today be the day?

#2882 9 months ago

Today is not Tuesday.

Still a great day to reveal a game...

#2928 9 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Never thought it would be possible, but are we witnessing a pinball renaissance that is even better than the early - mid 90’s?

Not mechanically...

#2936 9 months ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Still driving a 90s car ?
They have also changed 10 fold and consumers happily accept and in fact EXPECT it.
There is no way anyone would go to a dealership now and ask if they had any vehicles for sale with 90s technology, they would be laughed off the lot I think.
They also use a lot of cheaper parts in many areas compared to 90s cars.

Actually yes (just got a new engine last summer)...

auto (resized).jpg

...as anyone does who want's to listen to his TNA Music Cassette in style.

But that's beside the point. I don't care how it is made, it's just the mechs in the late 90's were way more innovative.

Like, I'm completely falling in love with the new Black Knight, but the Medival Madness mechs are still way more intricate.

Edit:
Are the games nowadays "better"'? - Depends on what you're looking for.
I miss the intricate mechs more then I prefer the deep code on modern machines.

The code can keep you playing for a long time to come but the new toys are what hooks my initial interrest and make me smile...

...just as I prefer my car to be somewhat angular and purple.

#2937 9 months ago

Now back to get the butter by the fishes...

What do you think will be next? - Before Brian Eddys game (Rumor: Lost World) there's likely to be a Vault Edition.

As mentioned in one of the latest infamous Podcasts, it'll be a popular title but NOT Tron or LotR.

So personally I hope it's GoT. It would make sense to make another run since the show is now ending and at least here the GoT Pro Edition is completely out of stock. - Hoping a Vault would get an art upgrade on the Cab & Playfield.

#2939 9 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

G60 or SLC? I was into VW's at one point, and it always torqued me off how Europe would get like 25 awesome colors for a car, and the USA gets 5 ugly earth tones.

I have absolutely no idea what SLC means.
I'm a family man, so I'm for the little family version being automatic transmission (I know it's common in the US but around here you'd get laughed at for whatever reason if you drive an automatic transmission car) and 2.0 liter engine 115HP.

Wanted to have that thing since it was new, bought it the day I got my first job (couldn't afford the VR6 at that time) and had it ever since.
(And it never ever failed me. Even when the engine died and tore apart internally it still drove me home... in giant cloud of smoke and loosing oil but that's beside the point. )

And while I don't necessarily need my car to be purple (But with this car I wanted it!) I too don't like that 80%+ of the cars around are black, grey, silver and white...

Um... back to pinball.

#2947 9 months ago
Quoted from BigT:

In th USA, manual cars are called ”Millennial Theft Protection” vehicles.

Lol

#2952 9 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I like your purple car. Custom paint, is it? Do you know Volkswagen's old slogan? Fahr figneugen? (Yeah, I butched that. Sorry.)

Original color, still first paint.

"Fahrvergnügen" wich means "Driving pleasure".

#2954 9 months ago

Next Stern is Ripleys believe it or nit as seen on Sterns FB Page in the Background of the new Black Knight.

#2973 9 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

You are probably correct. No matter what the vault is I do not see myself buying any unless there is some modern flare put into the pins lcd for one. ACDC LUCI was my last.

Well it WAS the last Vault released.

I wouldn't want them to redo the DMD (that would propably be to costly) but an upgrade to the art would be nice.
Since the new CMYK Print on the playfields is much better nowadays that alone would be great.

But as said before, info is that LotR and Tron are NOT the next Vaults.

GoT I hope...

#2982 9 months ago
Quoted from rai:

Who is designing Elvira ?

Noone. Since it's done.

(Grammar Police.)

#2985 9 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

I'm still hoping to see
-Queen
-Back to the Future
-Bill and Ted
-original space theme

Queen -> Pinball Bros

Original Space Theme -> Deeproot

Bill & Ted -> I'd love that one too, with an Elevator that lifts from the bottom and shoot/ lock balls in. Let Brian Eddy do this!

Back to the Future -> Plz not from Stern...

#2988 9 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

I hope Stern makes them all because Stern Pros are my normal price cap and I dont trust several of the other smaller companies. I'd never even heard of Pinball brothers until now.
I especially want Queen to be Stern so it can sit with my other music pins and not trigger my ocd

Pinball Bros are the guys that financed (tried to at least) Heighway Pinball, wich has/ had the Queen license.

I've never bought something bigger as an Stern Pro as well but with a license like BTTF I want ist to be the full package and not something sparse like Star War...

#2990 9 months ago

It's yesterdays looove,... *sing*

NEXT NEXT NEXT!!!

mqdefault (resized).jpg
#2992 9 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

I feel like Stern has really stepped up their game lately so I'd give them the benefit of the doubt with BTTF. Star Wars was a misstep for sure (I believe the Star Wars franchise is is difficult to work with. It has very strict guidelines limiting creativity)
From my wishlist, Queen makes the most sense right now with the popularity of the Bohemian Rhapsody movie.
Bill and Ted 3 is in production so that's a possibility but I dont want the pin to include the new one.
Also, not to be morbid but Christopher Lloyd isnt getting any younger if we want those Doc call outs.

Not saying that Stern does a bad job, all games play different "shades of great".
I'd just want a BTTF game to be really stuffed! (And that's just not the type of thing Stern does.)

#3022 9 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Especially when that pin was substantially designed before Stern bought it. That's why it feels so different - it's essentially not a Stern carbon copy factory pin.

Oh my gosh, this doenst even make sense.

So first (f3honda4me) is:
Stern is the biggest Player so it's no accomplishment for them to win...
...wich means they really must have sucked the year before beause Dialed In! won all the TWIPYs.

Second:
This year they haven't sucked and won, wich doesn't mean a thing because they allways win anyway (see above), because they're the biggest Player. And even if Maiden did not suck as hard as usual it's not thanks to Stern themselfes.

So no matter what they do they will never have earned it and suck.

Does this sum it up? XD

Couldn't the both TWIPYs just PROOVE that an underdog can still win (because people love underdogs) and with it the better game?!
(And yes of course there has to be at least some Distribution of the game, not like Alice Cooper last year wich therefore got completely overrun in the TWIPYs.)

#3025 9 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I must have missed where I said stern sucks? Oh - because I didn't. I like stern, even own and owned a few of their games, and will continue to buy their games.

That's what you intended to say.
Trust me!

Edit:
And I didn't wrote that you said they suck.
I just deducted that from what you said...

#3041 9 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Three words. Alita:Battle Angel.

No clue what that is the answer to but I take it!

At least the Manga/ Anime Version.
The new Movie was great as well but that dystopian cyberpunk city was way too clean and friendly.

#3086 9 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Ok. A 20yr old non Stern game has it. What's your point?

SEGA

The point is: It's possible to license the song (, it is just not included in the Sharks package).

The second point is: If you're allowed to license/ use it in a completely unrelated franchise it shouldn't be very hard to aquire.

The third point is: And since Stern was Sega they propably know who to call...

So where's your point?

Edit: Looking at your downvote I guess there is none.

#3096 9 months ago

I really think next one will be a Vault, or at least I suppose they have it ready in case BK as an "original" license wouldn't sell as well.

Everyones most infamous Podcast stated next Vault would be a popular machine (no shit!) but not the long expected Tron or LotR (wich maybe will never come since it's a Whitestar game).

So I really hope it's Game of Thrones. It would make sense, Dwight now has some time on his hands to update the code and while it doesn't make economical sense to redo the DMD into a LCD, an upgrade for the playfield/ cab may be possible.

1 week later
#3111 9 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

Any insider knowledge about a LOTR vault this year? Thought I read some rumblings about it being talked about on one of the podcasts.

Just scroll back a little.

#3113 9 months ago

Yes. Same answer as above you.

Again: "Podcast Insider" word is next Vault is neither LotR or Tron but still a popular game.

So I'd say GoT because of that,... like multiple times the last page.

#3117 9 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

GoT resale on the secondary market isn't high enough to make sense as a Vault, unless there is a massive code update, which I doubt (we'll be lucky to get bugfixes). Plus, the series will be over by the time they announce the next Vault.

But Star Trek was?

Stern isn't CGC.

GoT Pro are mostly sold out and used one sell pretty close to NIB price (at least in europe) and the series is still running, so why not do another batch?
There's no risk in this.

#3123 9 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

OP could add a poll. Which game would you like to see vaulted next?
Lotr
Tron
Got
For me
Lotr =maybe
Tron =yes
Got = no
Edit: maybe throw Simpsons in there as well. I've had a few people mention that one to me.
Not one id be after.

Everyone wants LotR over GoT. All I wanted to say is for Stern it's more feasible to release another small batch of 'current' game then to completely remake a Whitestar Title.
And that is why it is not (yet) on the horizon.

They will release something. GoT (in pretty)? Walking Dead (Comicbookstlye)? - Who knows.

#3128 9 months ago

GoT Vault just got an even bigger possibility...

#3129 8 months ago

Any new hints?

#3132 8 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

...but avengers was garbage so it should never be vaulted..ever

I don't think it was THAT good.

#3136 8 months ago
Quoted from acedanger:

The balls could be the infinity stones with a guantlet that would lock them.

Wait, I think I have that game!

Gloves locking balls is awesome.

#3143 8 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Yeah, a fresh run of a DMD won't be Stern's next release, but it may be the next thing to come off their line. Just sayin'.

I sure hope so!

1 week later
#3158 8 months ago
Quoted from dondon4720:

Am I the only one who would love to see a Transformers Vault edition with the original G1 art and updated LCD??

No, wished for multiple times.
But DMD, since they would have to remake the game to Spike wich they wouldn't do.

1 week later
#3217 8 months ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

We did in fact speak with Stern as we have been successful in replacing many playfields for customers and always go to bat regardless of the circumstances. In the end, Stern has chosen not to approve this one.

Since the dirty laundry is out allready...

May we also get to know why Stern rejected? It looks pretty bad in those photos.

#3227 8 months ago
Quoted from jorro:

Sooöoo
Next game will be?

Munsters Premium color now official.

I wonder what distributers think about this. It's not that appealing to have multiple variations of the same product in stock.

1 week later
#3240 8 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

He has a sterling record so far, so hopefully the bean counters at Stern don't press him too hard to scale back his design.

Sadly I wouldn't count on that.

I'm very much excitedly looking forward to it, while at the same time non-believing being prepared to be badly disapointed.

I hope anyone get's what I mean. XD

#3251 7 months ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Is Elvira 3 been confirmed one version or multiple versions that what I really want to know

Both in a way I guess.

As far as I remember it has been said that it's no regular release, BUT while there from my understanding is no Pro model (only if someone else engineers it) there can still br multiple Versions of the game. Like Batmann 66 or Beatles.

1 week later
#3290 7 months ago

Stern should do another update for Star Trek.

If you make it to Warp 9.9 your playfield warps!

#3299 7 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Wouldnt be the first Eddy game based on a flop

You can hardly call a 65 year running franchise a flop.

#3301 7 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

If a Godzilla game come out this summer that isnt tied into the modern franchise that would be odd. Having said that, the modern franchise IS a flop. The comment was more of a praise to Brian Eddys talents than a slam to Godzilla. Shadow is unwatchable but the game is amazing

It's the classic japanese Toho Godzilla license Stern has. Not the modern US one.

But yeah, praising Brian Eddy is legit!

#3308 7 months ago
Quoted from MOMM:

Ken Lapoint you are the piece of garbage! You threatened us and P1. Yeah, Tommy screwed up in Tacoma and has since apologized. Have you? You’re a spiteful and dishonest little man. Good luck finding a dealer in Canada that will sell to you.

If you call em on the phone there's "Kana da"!

(Wich means "noone there" in german.)

Jokes you have to explain are the worst.

#3321 7 months ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:I asked Gary in person 3 years ago... he said the collectors market is perfect for it but the location market isn't.
I said, maybe, but I would buy one immediately if it would be made.

Sadly Gary is right.

Wrote that sometime allready:
Sine I'm a comic artist I sit at various conventions and somewhere under 30 the number of people that never even heard of BTTF increase significantly.

But with that argument I don't get how Munsters got made.
Maybe the argument is that with Herman looking like Frankensteins Monster, young people will still recognize the general Monster Theme.

#3323 7 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Former fanexpo empolyee
I dont know what convention you were at but almost all 12+ I've met know back to the future. There is more of a younger crowd than youd think[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah theres a childs book (wich I think has not been translated, but that was a while ago). I didn't say it's a dead license. It's just not as known today like other franchises.
When you see cosplayers you see the Stormtroopers, Ghostbusters and stuff but no Marty or Doc. You see a lot of DeLorean wich became an own Subculture symbolizing the 80s on every second synth pop cover.

Edit: Oh and plz remember I sit at german Comic Cons, Game Cons and others... It may vary from country to country.

#3325 7 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Ok so fair enough that you are in Germany and things are different here in Canada but Marty is a very popular costume choice and the rainbow hat from the second movie became a trendy thing for last few years. My local convention last year had the entire cast reunited. My son and I got our picture taken in the delorean. I think it must be much bigger on my side of the world.
(We were Pikachu and Ash the pokemon trainer. He took off his ear hat thing)[quoted image]

Cool!

We only have David Hasselhoff visiting some Cons.

#3327 7 months ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

[quoted image]

I state: That reaction was intended.

You usually can't afford to fly in big Stars from overseas so you use... well... cheaper ones.

So for meeting the BTTF cast I remember sitting on a Con with the first "Jennifer" (wich was replaced in Parts 2 & 3)...

(I suppressed that memory because it was a horrible event and I heard when it was over the organizer went right into jail. )

But I personally liked David Hasselhoff when I watched Knight Rider as a kid.
Would buy a Knight Rider pinball sight unseen.

#3329 7 months ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I see lots of people saying Godzilla now what happened to the Jurassic World rumors people were mentioning.

Bill & Ted will save us from Godzilla!

#3338 7 months ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

Guys, Im pretty sure the next vault is Last Action Hero. It is even included in digital form on the Stern Classics Pinball Arcade Game.

Plz add smilie face. XD

#3345 7 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

I wouldn't say no to that if he did it. I watched a LOT of that show when my kids were small. Very relaxing for naptime.

Uh-Oh!

Lalalala lalalalalalalala!

#3351 7 months ago

Just watched the new Godzilla Movie.
Horrible characters but awesome Kaiju Action and a loveletter to the 1954 Original!

I'd like a Godzilla pin.

#3354 7 months ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I just wish Stern would make a widebody to do something different.

They don't get the space filled that they have now.

SCRNR, but don't be different for the sake of being different.

1 week later
#3375 7 months ago
Quoted from Squizz:

whats with Shitzila? I'm quite sure Jaws would sell alot more machines.

You're allowed to be wrong.

Or please eleborate wich of the 35 Godzilla movies (plus TV series) and counting since 1954 you're talking about.

#3387 7 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Never understood why people want to write off The Beatles as a retheme and not count it as a major release. It has some major similarities to Sea Witch, sure, but they did make many subtle changes and a few bigger ones. Plus they still had to completely redraw the thing into modern CAD, fit it with their current mechs, and totally code the thing with new rules and LCD graphics. That game might not be as much work as a Dead Pool, but people act like Stern just put some new graphics on NOS Sea Witch playfields they had laying around.

Well, it depends on the definition of "major release".

Of course Beatles is a full game and it has significant importance in many ways.

Is it a "major release" in terms of sold machines?
Since it's way more expensive then a Stern Pro, propably not.

I love the Beatles but I wouldn't even consider buying a Beatles pinball with that pricetag.

#3396 7 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

So does The Beatles not count with the Gold/Platinum/Diamond version? Different art packages, trim, etc. It's just like Batman 66, or is that not a "cornerstone" either because reasons

Reason being "definition".

B66 & Beatles are Ka-Pow and are no usual on location games, namely the Pro Model.

Yes I know there are a lot of cool pinball Bars with LE models all over the place but here I've never seen something else then a Pro on location.

#3400 7 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

We had an SLE on the route I help with. You need to find better locations.

Changing the continent I live in is not an option.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

I've seen plenty of Batman 66 on location. Beatles are rarer, but certainly out there. I don't know anyone who puts out a LE/SLE, but premiums? Loads of em

See above.

And I can't imagine that's different when the citys get less lively...

#3417 6 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Unfortunately there is a whole generation that thinks Goldeneye is the best Bond movie. I blame Nintendo for this.

Best Bond after Perfect Dark.

Bought a N64 just for that.

#3485 6 months ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Next to the requests/wishes
Are Jurassic World and Bond the biggest possibilities for a July release?

Don't forget Bill & Ted and Godzilla!

#3490 6 months ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Yep rumour nothing more

More wishful thinking.

But in my opinion TMNT is a great license, since it's a franchise thats popular with us old folks but still gets refreshes on TV.

#3513 6 months ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I'm fifty plus and Wouldn"t play a tmnt even if it was the last pin on the planet.
For your tmnt pin, what would be the fun things, wizard modes etc that you think would make for an awesome pin.?
I'm Sorry i don't get it. Atleast rockband themes comes with great music and cool lifestyle attitude, but turtles?

Sry but...
You're too old.

It's the hot shit with us sub 50 kids.

#3526 6 months ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Weren't they trying to steer kids away from "ninja" stuff in the UK in the 80's?
I had a TMNT arcade game that had a reimported card in it and the title screen said "Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles"
I remember reading something about how they didn't want kids into ninja stuff.

Heroes are just more heroic while Ninjas are evil. I grew up with "hero" turtles as well, wich is absolute BS because as a kid that couldnt speak english I would neither understand what a "hero" or a "ninja" is.
But yeah, as far as I know the UK censored the appearence of weapons wich didnt fell into arms law (and you could freely buy), like the nuchucks.

#3576 6 months ago

Basically you can use everything that was popular with (male) children ~35 years ago and kinda is still produced.

(My little Pony would nail it but the original series was for girls.)

That's how we got Transformers and might get another TMNT.
Duck Tales would do the trick.
He-Man if there will really be a new movie.
Even another "real" Ghostbusters machine?

And of course Super Mario, Sonic the Hedgehog etc.

Robotech/ Macross would expand the target audience to the asian market!
(so would Toho Godzilla.)

What else would fit in?

#3584 6 months ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

A my little Pony the same size as the Spider man (The Pin) would nail it for me. And every other dad with younger daughters.
Think about it. Whats a pinball addict father supposed to buy their daughters?
"""Holy cow there's a pinball machine that my daughter and I could enjoy playing together. Calling the distro right now"""

I'd buy one.
I got a little daughter as well as all seasons MLP on DVD... for myself.

But usually you target people to buy multiple thousand dollar stuff more for themselfes, wich may fall flat for SOME people besides us two.

#3585 6 months ago

You don't get the argument, wich was about 'nostalgia' that you can share with your kids and put on location, because its still cool!

Last time I checked noone gives a F*** for the original MLP 80s series.

MLP is great because it's great.

It has nothing to do with nostalgia.

And altough a strikingly uncommon lot of manly man love MLP, including myself, that still would not hit the bill with most home collectors.
And you'd (or every puberty boy) be afraid of being the laughing stock if seen playing that machine in public.

#3602 6 months ago
Quoted from wlf_:

Aren't there enough other avenues for you to get your rocks off? Buy one of the trillion older pinball games with scantily clad women in the art and have a blast in your weirdo basement. How's about pinball is pinball and you get your "Deep Throat" online?

Yeah!

Beeing attracted to women is so last century!

Pullulation ftw!

#3607 6 months ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Not sure but might be a difference between a game with women and a game centered on porn and blowjobs. I think we need some clarification. Very important discussion.

As far as I remember the only "porn" pinball games came from germany.

I don't need something like that but I'd like people to be more honest.
There's a reason Star Gazer is so popular and it's not only because of the gameplay.

#3608 6 months ago

To get back to the topic:

Stern made Beatles, Elvis, Rolling Stones...

...where's Michael Jackson?

Even do a Moonwalker!

#3610 6 months ago
Quoted from wlf_:

Are You Not Entertained!?[quoted image]

That game is about it's humor (wich is not mine).

Girl has some fugly hands and stuff...

#3617 6 months ago
Quoted from jorro:

Quote from news:
Exact details of the sentence are not yet confirmed, but from court records it appears Trudeau was given a custodial sentence of three years with credit given for his time served in jail of 246 days

Not sure even Deeproot would want him after what happened...

#3628 6 months ago

Innocent until proven guilty.

MJ Pin ftw!

#3648 6 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Side note. I am surprised how many kids still love the old games. I let my son play Sonic as his first game because it only has one button and almost anyone can clear the first level of a Sonic game by just blindly running around.(saving the tiny animals was a big perk for him I hadn't thought of) Apparently a lot of people had the same idea. I kind of understand why the movie is seems aimed at little kids because other than us older guys, Sonic seems to have be relegated to the 3-8 age demographic.

Sonic is still relevant for whatever reason.
There was a poll about the most popular animated character a couple of years ago and from what I remenber Sonic did even win this in the UK (over Mickey Mouse and other stuff).

#3657 6 months ago

Man I hope not!

Edit:
Trying to be funny.
I don't care for JP but if it's Brian Eddys game I'm still intrigued and Dinosaurs as a general theme are ok for me I guess.

#3664 6 months ago
Quoted from wlf_:

What's the thinking behind Elvira 3? Is Elvira's fanbase growing in a way I'm not aware of?
It seems like Elvira fans can get their kicks with the two existing games, no?
I can see it from a pinball "throwback" theme that caters to existing pinball people niche, but that seems to be a vein recently tapped with the new BK

Well, since 99,9% of pinside with the dawn of "The Munsters" on the Horizon confessed to be a long time fan of the series, it should be clear that this Forum get's hyped/ hooked by EVERYTHING.

#3676 6 months ago

But the early years (40’s - 50’s) were a better look.[quoted image]

I need these for my man boobz.

#3677 6 months ago

Why does that blue dinosaur throw a flat shadow on the background???

With hickups in the artwork like this I have no doubt that's from the pinball machine.
66199602_1415201715299991_4037658262017933312_n (resized).jpg

#3695 6 months ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Im still getting the same info. Its not Jurassic World But it is Keith Elwins next game.
And also, it is awesome!

In wich way does that contradict itself?

#3713 6 months ago
Quoted from j_m_:

and john trudeau?

is in jail/ prison

#3715 6 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

God, please no. Data East had generally horrible playfield art in the 90s. Uniformly awful.

Nah. That TMNT Playfield from Kevin O'Connor I'd hang on my wall.

And while you may not like the artists style, Phantom of the Opera, Batman, BTTF all looked pretty good...

#3718 6 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Licensing aside bttf looks absolutely horrible.

I prefer that over the late SEGA till up to 2015 Stern Photoshop efforts.

And please bear in mind that the games were made for the arcade (noone notices the fingers if you just play a game and it doesn't sit in your basement) and the artists had a Minimum of time.
Like Kevin O'Connor had ONE DAY to do the Robocop Playfield (It shows) and the whole BTTF game was made in 2 weeks.

#3728 6 months ago

It's great!

One week ago we had about nothing, now we have newish speculation of the next game wich might show soon, GoT Rerun (Vault?) on the line wit new Code this monday and Zombie Yeti and Brian Eddie teasing Bill & Ted.

#3759 6 months ago

Thanks. I was not aware of a recent Elwin interview. "Almost done" could mean the design is finished and ready for parts to be put on order.
I remember an older Elwin interview where he stated Beavis and Butt-Head is his dream theme.

I don't think this will ever get made and don't think it would translate well into a speedy game...

...nontheless I'd like to see it very much.

#3763 6 months ago

Have you played the Beavis and Butt-Head Future Pinball version? It is pretty decent and it would transfer to a Stern pro very well, though not so sure about a premium.

To be honest no.

I'm just thinking of "comedy" (like South Park) and therefore not an ultrafast and brutal Steve Ritchie pin...
And I like the SR kind of games best.

#3796 6 months ago

TMNT or Bill & Ted woud be excellent!

Godzilla would be cool.

Jurrassic XXX wourd be "meh".

Sharks would be *barf*.

#3798 6 months ago

In the GoT Code Update STrem Jack Danger just said he's looking forward to reveal "a most excellent game" this thursday on Comic Con.

(I think he's just messing with us, since he started the whole rumor but still...)

#3806 6 months ago
Quoted from aingide:

Why would Stern reveal a Bill and Ted game a year before the sequel comes out? Even if it’s based on the original, the timing makes absolutely zero sense.

th (resized).jpg
#3825 6 months ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

KME said 2 weeks, so i hope for something substantial soon after SDCC...

2 weeks for what???

Games will be shown thursday.

#3863 6 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Can't Stern crank out 50-100 games a day with 2 lines running? I'm sure Stern knows how to quickly re-tool the line. GOT Pro was only going to be a run of 100 games, so they can bang those out within a week. How many Munsters are people really ordering...

Can only speak for my own 'felt' observations locally but about everyone that got a Munsters Pro around here sold/ is trying to sell it allready... with thousand bucks loss I might add.
I think NIB retail for this game is dead allready. -> Only talking about the Pro.

#3874 6 months ago
Quoted from guss:

My Pro is staying right here. Great game for all ages,

You're not from 'around'.

Didn't say the game is bad either, just that very early reselling attempts in the area I've seen.

Great if you like it.

#3879 6 months ago

Where does that rumor come from/ why does everyone hop on?!?

Star Wars Pro is blank allready.
Take the screen out an the tie fighter?

#3889 6 months ago
Quoted from jorro:

Where can one buy stern home pins?
Never saw one for sale

In the US only.

But fear not... of missing out.

#3938 6 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Breaking News:
Okay I have a somewhat inside source here is what I'm hearing.
Stern has been releasing three games a year, and they're already at two this year with Black Knight and Munsters. That means there is only one more game coming from them. You will see that game in October and it will be Elvira 3. So the breaking news if what I'm being told is true is there will be no JW or Stranger Things. This makes sense because there is no reason what so ever to push out J World because the move came out a year ago now, and the next one isn't out until 2021. Common sense would tell you, would be nice to hitch a ride on that train.
I think you're going to see Elvira in October at Chicago, then in the winter you'll see Stranger Things.
Here is what I learned, in the old days, a pinball company only had one line, they made one game, today Stern makes multiple games. Currently they have everything from Beatles, Deadpool, Black Knight, Munsters, Guardians, Batman, Star Trek, Star Wars all these games on the line. They have orders from all these games and their lines are tied up until late summer, September. They're a business about making money not new pinball games every few weeks.
Lastly, a lot of these places that have bought games, honestly they're running out of room to take on more games, there is already a lot to choose from. If Stern started making 4 or 5 new games a year they're doing nothing but cannibalizing themselves, they know the market.
So here is the bottom line Stern is probably not going to be releasing a new title until October when you'll see Elvira. Use some common sense here... are they really going to release a game here in August then turn around 2 months later and release Elvira.
I doubt it.
So we can pretty much stop going nuts and just look towards October for Elvira 3. If I'm wrong I'm wrong but that is what I've learned. I would probably bet my life on it that if you don't see Elvira then it will be Stranger Things both make sense for an October release.
I will say however I'm scratching my head somewhat... who planned these titles to release in this order? Munsters old 60's horror/comedy tv show, Black Knight an old 90's game with a gothic theme, and then Elvira another 80's comedy horror title. Where is the straight up comedy mixed it or adventure movie or something? Odd it would go down like this.
Maybe somewhere between they announce a vault like putting another game into production like Tron, but that won't be anything new. I think the next new game will be in October Elvira 3.

Stern makes 3 Cornerstone titles (Pro/Premium/LE) a year.

Elvira is no Cornerstone title.

Additionally Munsters may not count for 2019.

#3945 6 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

How do you know? Serious question, as you post seemingly fact. How do you know?

What of those?

Regarding Elvira I don't "know".
But it's not a regular Stern as development goes. Them sitting there announcing the game way early, to contract design, to being on hold because there were no free ressources because of the current cornerstones...
That as well as Nordman teasing the machines mechs, translating to "no compromise" more than indicate to a not Cornerstone but "Whoa Nellie/ Batman 66" kind of game.

Additionally there just was BK and Munsters wich were Cornerstones abd kinda fill the same gaps, with one being funny Horror and the other one a Classic Pinball license. Can't imagine a third game in a year catered to the same Cornerstone audience.

I of course may be wrong, but my guess is 10 times more educated than drfrighteners (who just got a got of his facts wrong).

#3949 6 months ago

Maybe the Star Wars Topper gets his own booth?

#3956 6 months ago

I'm thinking about colored nuts.

#3963 6 months ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Whatever it is, 98% chance Pinside will be disappointed after letting imaginations run wild for 3 days.

If it's Bill & Ted I want an elevator ball lock that pops out of the playfield.
Thats the only thing for any of those games that I wish for.

I don't need Keanus voice either, get me that Dude from the JM pinball.

#3983 6 months ago

Got GOTv? Prepare to learn the GOT is being vaulted with one important upgrade. After learning about the physical enhancement for BKSoR could we expect less? No -&gt; so Gary has instructed the factory to move the power button off the head of Spike and Spike2 games and to redirect them to the prior location on the bottom of the cabinet. Said Gary Stern,"We've lost sales to people unable to turn on our machines for the past four years ... friggin idiots!. Now that our engineers have solved mystery of the sphinx, they can move the power switch back to it's rightful spot. I'm hoping this adds 20% to Stern's bottom line and last night at the bar I figured it will surge worldwide power demand by 1/2%. And for those waiting to learn aboot the new title at Comic-Con ... prepare to be disappointed."

May I sue you if my machine has no power switch under the cab?

#3994 6 months ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

Stern distributors were told yesterday it is a Star Wars home edition. Why won't anyone believe this?

While Jack Danger mentioning the reveal of an "excellent" game is propably just the continuation of his own running gag, kinda announcing Star Wars Home as an excellent game would set his credibility on one level with Kaneda.

#4012 6 months ago

Time to get the worlds most epic "Bogus" Meme prepared and ready!

#4014 6 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

While Jack Danger mentioning the reveal of an "excellent" game is propably just the continuation of his own running gag, kinda announcing Star Wars Home as an excellent game would set his credibility on one level with Kaneda.

Srsly, if that ruckus is for a home edition (wich until now won't even ship overseas anyway) I'd be really pissed...

#4029 6 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

SW mini pin.
WTF Who buys these

If it's really, really "mini" (use the spare Munsters lower playfield parts) I'd suddenly be interrested.
(Since I could place another machine in my collection, in the kids room! )

But mini does not equal easier in manufacturing, therefore not exponentially cheaper.

#4062 6 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What the hell does rapey mean?

Maybe the friendly kind of neighborhood rape?

Alternatively we get a Phantasy Star Pin!!!
https://phantasystar.fandom.com/wiki/Rag_Rappy

(Actually that would be one of my most beloved themes ever.)

#4067 6 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

lets see what we get tomorrow.[quoted image][quoted image]

I'd like to play that Transformers.

Played Spiderman home and actually found some of the shots way too difficult.

#4076 6 months ago

Well, if Keith really posted "two weeks" that thing tomorrow really might not be his game...

#4078 6 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

So would Elwin or Eddy do the layout on a home edition?

Srsly, while Gomez had a lot (way too much for his position in the company) to do designing games at Stern, HE is the businessman-designer inside of Stern.
As an employer you can only pray for an employee like him tha has both, the passion and the companys interrest in mind like he does.

So if anyone can make a game within budget (and weight and other restrictions) that is him... at least he did so the last times.
Maybe they try something new if the last efforts didn't go so well, but usually I'd bet it's a Gomez Design.
(He had his fingers in the Ka-Pow titles like B66 and Beatles, he made Spider Man Home/ Supreme, The Pin wich is Tramsformers and the other, the Home Batman Dark Knight... and took Trudeaus place for Deadpool - this man is Jack of all trades and goaes everywhere where the shit hits the fan.)

In addition:
I just work on my Johnny Mnemonic. And while I think nearly every modern Stern is a little bit of a let down mechanics/ toy wise, JM (wich has a ridiculously intricate mech) is really sparse beneath the playfield (the hand mechanism is behind the backboard of course).
That game is optimized to the max. Look at the cables... then look at a JJP.

No sarcasm, no irony, I have the biggest respect for George Gomez work!

WP_20190718_03_30_07_Pro (resized).jpg

Edit:
For comparison, here's a Hobbit Playfield - https://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2014/47.jpg
I like AP for being kind in the middleground between Stern (sparse) and JJPG (ALL IN!!!). XD

#4089 6 months ago

If they're smart (they are) the topper'd work with that one.

#4092 6 months ago

Playfield Pics plz!

#4094 6 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Jurassic is next not sure how or when .

One more week.

#4105 6 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Things must be different over there. I will remember to avoid your "friendly" neighborhoods.

To get that straight... XD

I just wanted to say with that it sounds like a trivialized/ belittled/ sweet version of 'rape' (wich you can't play down/ trivialize etc).

#4181 6 months ago

The only letdown is that we were promised a most "excellent" game...

Well, Jack Danger was kind of apologetic of people here feeling letdown and as well strongly hinted to the next couple of days for a regular game reveal in the stream.

Bill & Ted? Propably not but JD wished for us to talk Gary into 3 licenses and B&T was not one of them, so...

#4227 5 months ago