IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,441 posts in this topic. You are on page 378 of 449.
#18851 4 months ago
Quoted from Propsnsports:

Problem solved
Dana
[quoted image]

Hahaha. Classic.

#18852 4 months ago
Quoted from Propsnsports:

Problem solved
Dana
[quoted image]

same thing happened to me with my AIQ Premium a few years back. They didn't provide a clip for the coin box and found it in the back of the cabinet. At least it didn't damage anything on my game in transit due to knocking around but this is all too common. My buddy also had a pin come without the clip.

#18853 4 months ago

I just got a game without the clip either. Annoying.

#18854 4 months ago

My distro says my PIF ST Premium shipping next week...

#18855 4 months ago

Already reached out to my distributor who is opening an issue ticket with Stern. Having a problem with my center ramp not rising and lowering as it should.
See video below.

Has anyone else ran into this issue? Both switches work in test mode, but the motor is having issues moving the ramp. There is no visible damage to the mech. Nothing bent or broken.

#18856 4 months ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Already reached out to my distributor who is opening an issue ticket with Stern. Having a problem with my center ramp not rising and lowering as it should.
See video below.
Has anyone else ran into this issue? Both switches work in test mode, but the motor is having issues moving the ramp. There is no visible damage to the mech. Nothing bent or broken.

It says the switch isn't being triggered, so unlikely to be a switch. Try doing that test with the playfield in the up position and watch the actual mechanism (and maybe post a video of that). It seems like maybe the crank is loose causing the spindle from the motor to slip and not completing the job of moving the ramp. There's a set screw on the crank that holds it tight to the motor spindle. I'd check that.

#18857 4 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I just got a game without the clip either. Annoying.

Why don’t they have have a final checklist with visual inspection? I’ve seen so many little things like this neglected.

#18858 4 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Why don’t they have have a final checklist with visual inspection? I’ve seen so many little things like this neglected.

Too expensive for Stern to pay a competent person to do it.

#18859 4 months ago

The coin box was jammed in so bad. It scratched the side of the cab and was stuck between the drop target mech and the wood brace at the bottom. Took a long set of arms and screw drivers. You couldnt even lift the playfield.
Dana

#18860 4 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

$$$

#18861 4 months ago

Yeah my new IM showed up a couple weeks ago with no clip and the coin box wedged in the back of the game. Really no excuse for that IMO, if Stern is out of clips or something they could at least zip tie it.

#18862 4 months ago

perhaps new staff in training doing all these tasks, I mean, bigger factory must need new employees after all.

#18863 4 months ago

Wow...all these new games with so many pesky issues. Stern fkn sucks!! At least since their move to the new facility.

#18864 4 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I prefer 2021 Flash71.

Haha! Not saying I didn’t enjoy the Premium but I’m equally as pleased with the pro atm. Either way you can’t go wrong with this title. Great machine.

#18865 4 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

All you guys who got your Pros last week is it everything you thought it would be? How are you enjoying it?

I have only played around 25 ish games, as I want to wait for the uv kit and experience that during the honeymoon phase. That being said the modes I have played are awesome and this game is fast and furious. I have had to do a few minor adjustments. Nothing to crazy so far. Also worth mention my wife is actually playing this one.

#18866 4 months ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Wow...all these new games with so many pesky issues. Stern fkn sucks!! At least since their move to the new facility.

They were perfectly capable of missing coin box clips and any other hundred issues of QC before the new factory as well.

#18867 4 months ago

The clip holding my coin box wasn't even in the cabinet, it was in the bottom of the shipping box!

#18868 4 months ago
Quoted from CaffeineSlug:

The clip holding my coin box wasn't even in the cabinet, it was in the bottom of the shipping box!

Now that's impressive!

#18869 4 months ago
Quoted from Enron64:

I have only played around 25 ish games, as I want to wait for the uv kit and experience that during the honeymoon phase. That being said the modes I have played are awesome and this game is fast and furious. I have had to do a few minor adjustments. Nothing to crazy so far. Also worth mention my wife is actually playing this one.

The honeymoon phase doesn't end with Stranger Things (<at night ).

#18870 4 months ago
Quoted from CaffeineSlug:

Quoted from blizz81:

Now that's impressive!

Can you imagine a 16 year old kid realizing that he forgot to clip all the coin boxes in the game -- and so he just runs down the shipping line tossing one clip into each shipping box to "resolve" the issue.

#18871 4 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

The honeymoon phase doesn't end with Stranger Things (<at night ).

I have owned a bunch of the newer sterns and stranger things does seem like it has a special factor to it. Maybe it will be my first long term game.

#18872 4 months ago
Quoted from Enron64:

I have owned a bunch of the newer sterns and stranger things does seem like it has a special factor to it. Maybe it will be my first long term game.

Hahaha "it's bolted"

#18873 4 months ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Can you imagine a 16 year old kid realizing that he forgot to clip all the coin boxes in the game -- and so he just runs down the shipping line tossing one clip into each shipping box to "resolve" the issue.

It’s likely the clip fell out of the opening where the cabeling between the head and the cabinet run. The games are stood on end and that would be at the bottom, so it’s likely it fell out there. I wonder how many others have them rolling around in the packaging material and miss them.

It’s not a new problem. I’ve had it with a few machines over the years before the move to the new factory. Things shift in transit, which is why I lift the playfield and look over new game before playing. I’m pretty sure they even recommend that in the manual.

#18874 4 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:All you guys who got your Pros last week is it everything you thought it would be? How are you enjoying it?

Kicks ass glad I swapped out mando.

#18875 4 months ago
Quoted from Enron64:

I say that about EVERY game haha. We shall see if its true for me also with this one.

#18876 4 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

All you guys who got your Pros last week is it everything you thought it would be? How are you enjoying it?

Yes! It looks so great when it's off! Glad I went with pro for this reason :p Chuck knows it's a good reason!

I've not had balls launching off the left ramp as another pro owner mentioned. It does seem to whip up there well so I'd imagine the TK should work nicely with the stock power settings. My left ramp has a clear cover at the first turn to keep the ball down so maybe the other guy is missing that?

As the other guy mentioned in my attempts to copy Chuck's saucer to burn it back loop hack I had rattling balls and I bent the opposite rail behind the post to limit the rattle and get it going around. The saucer launch deflector has a lot of play on my machine so some variability exists. My long term concern with the hack is the ball launches into the burn it back guide and there is a cut out in that guide. I imagine anytime the ball shoots out slightly inconsistently and flies into the cut out in the rail it's getting nicked and damaged by those sharp edges and then around the playfield

#18877 4 months ago

Is the grab handle on the back wall for lifting the playfield thatbi have on JP Prem a premium only feature so I don't have it on my PRO stranger things or is it absent on all trims of this game

#18878 4 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Is the grab handle on the back wall for lifting the playfield thatbi have on JP Prem a premium only feature so I don't have it on my PRO stranger things or is it absent on all trims of this game

Some machines have it, some don't. I have heard it called the Elwin handle & it was on my AIQ, JP, IMDN & GZ

#18879 4 months ago

I’ve also heard it’s more of a method of providing clearance for stuff on the rear of the PF wall than it is necessarily to lift the PF.

#18880 4 months ago

ball flies off the left ramp sometimes is there fix beyond dialing the power down?

#18881 4 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I say that about EVERY game haha. We shall see if its true for me also with this one.

It is good to cycle games... but I wonder if you will have had Stranger Things on pre-order longer than you will physically own it?

#18882 4 months ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

ball flies off the left ramp sometimes is there fix beyond dialing the power down?

slide the ramp cover to the right.

#18883 4 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It says the switch isn't being triggered, so unlikely to be a switch. Try doing that test with the playfield in the up position and watch the actual mechanism (and maybe post a video of that). It seems like maybe the crank is loose causing the spindle from the motor to slip and not completing the job of moving the ramp. There's a set screw on the crank that holds it tight to the motor spindle. I'd check that.

this exact thing happens to 3D resin printers if not tightened and locktited at the factory..so you very well could be right on that..and that would honestly be a pretty easy fix if that were the case.

#18884 4 months ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

It is good to cycle games... but I wonder if you will have had Stranger Things on pre-order longer than you will physically own it?

Hah! yeah I need to slow down. The whole going up and down the basement stairs with the games BS is getting old. Also a friend and Pinsider that fixes my games here is first on the list when I get " bored" of it. I really hope that doesn't happen for a long time.

#18885 4 months ago

Also, Stern made a vague Stranger Things post on Facebook a couple of hours ago. I guess not really vague its all about the Premium/Le from the looks of it !!!!

#18886 4 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Also, Stern made a vague Stranger Things post on Facebook a couple of hours ago. I guess not really vague its all about the Premium/Le from the looks of it !!!!

They are just flat teasing us at this point. Need to get Gary involved.

gary (resized).PNGgary (resized).PNG
#18887 4 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Yes! It looks so great when it's off! Glad I went with pro for this reason :p Chuck knows it's a good reason!
I've not had balls launching off the left ramp as another pro owner mentioned. It does seem to whip up there well so I'd imagine the TK should work nicely with the stock power settings. My left ramp has a clear cover at the first turn to keep the ball down so maybe the other guy is missing that?
As the other guy mentioned in my attempts to copy Chuck's saucer to burn it back loop hack I had rattling balls and I bent the opposite rail behind the post to limit the rattle and get it going around. The saucer launch deflector has a lot of play on my machine so some variability exists. My long term concern with the hack is the ball launches into the burn it back guide and there is a cut out in that guide. I imagine anytime the ball shoots out slightly inconsistently and flies into the cut out in the rail it's getting nicked and damaged by those sharp edges and then around the playfield

I was Having the balls fly off the left ramp. My cover was all the way to the left so I slid it all the way to the right and seems to be fine now.

#18888 4 months ago

I've seen several mention an le... Did I miss something?

#18889 4 months ago
Quoted from OreoFlapjacks:

Interesting. Must be on the line now then…

#18890 4 months ago

What is PIF ST?

#18891 4 months ago

I was gonna ask the same ?

#18892 4 months ago

I’m guessing Payed In Full Stranger Things.

#18893 4 months ago
Quoted from jake35:

the saucer gets a lot of abuse. whats the best way to protect it since cliffy doesn't have one for the game?

I'm really surprised no one has made a decal of some sort for the saucer area similar to the LOTR shire decal.

#18894 4 months ago
Quoted from OreoFlapjacks:

Great news!! Xmas miracle ✨

#18895 4 months ago
Quoted from Dstyles23:

I was gonna ask the same ?

Ha! Thank you, I'm not the only one.

Quoted from mattosborn:

That makes sense, I thought I might be missing a term for the new run of these. Good news if they are on the line though. I have got a premium on order but don't expect to get it until next year sometime.

#18897 4 months ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Yes, sorry.. didn't even consider that might be ambiguous.

#18898 4 months ago

It's Friday. . . I'm surely not the only one hoping to see evidence of these Premiums on Stern's Factory Friday. I've resolved myself that it will likely be GOTG, but I'm still hoping to see ST Premiums in production.

#18899 4 months ago

For the new buyers - I have a Pro from the original run (acquired January, 2020) and still love the game as much as when I first got it. I have over 2,500 plays on it now (mostly mine). You won't be disappointed. It's a keeper.

IMG_0005 (resized).jpgIMG_0005 (resized).jpg
#18900 4 months ago

Just received the invoice for the full amount for the premium I ordered. Getting excited!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,441 posts in this topic. You are on page 378 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/378 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.