IMG_0765 (resized).JPG
Godzilla (resized).jpeg
PXL_20231130_201100877 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_180754164 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,408 posts in this topic. You are on page 527 of 549.
#26301 3 months ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Can someone lead me to the games rules for this game, pro version if there is one. Thanks!

Stern's Game Guide is quite good in addition to Tilt Forums'

https://stern-wagtail-1.s3.amazonaws.com/media/documents/Godzilla-Rulesheet.pdf

#26302 3 months ago

Nice thanks guys!

#26303 3 months ago
Quoted from DazedandConfused:

Really appreciate that. Now I have no excuse for my bad scores.

FALSE!

The light was in my eyes.
The pizza made my finger slippery.
My beer was empty.
The game was too dark.
The game was too light.
That sling didn't fire when I expected it to.
I didn't sleep well last night.
My dog is sick.
My dog bit my flipper finger.
The legs are too tight.
The legs are too loose.
I stubbed my toe walking towards the machine.
This game is NOT level.
The rules changes since I played the .80 beta code.
One of the balls was dirty, it has a spot on it.
This game is too dirty to play right.
I got a text on my phone in my pocket, distracting!
Did you see the spin on that ball????
There is a glitch in the rules, that should have been enough points!
The rubber is worn and gave the ball a strange angle.
You were standing too close to me.
The coin door hit me in the nuts, and I closed it with my... oh you get the idea.

There are a million excuses to play badly. Playing well only has one.

Yes, I'm that good.

#26304 3 months ago

Hey Folks!

Excited to announce that the second batch of our Godzilla topper will be available on our website this Saturday (January 13th) at 9a PT / 11a CT / 12p ET. GZ_prim_1_expo (resized).pngGZ_prim_1_expo (resized).png

We'll have 25 units up for grabs on a first come, first serve basis. So if you're interested in getting a topper be sure to visit our site at the appropriate on-sale time and smash that buy button! Toppers start shipping in February 2024 and we’ll wrap these batches up in April/May 2024.

$100 secures your spot. Just hit this link on Saturday at the time above: https://www.teppinball.com/store/p/gz-topper

Also if you’ve missed out on discovering the 13 points of gameplay interactivity on the Godzilla Topper, check out this from Empire Pinball that covers everything it does and how to install it:

In addition, we've made huge steps in getting our upcoming "Conqueror's Upgrade" and are looking forward to showcasing this amazing add-on at Texas Pinball Festival in March. Again, this upgrade will allow owners to replace the alien console with a fully 3D sculpt that will have 4 embedded LCD screens that play custom animation sequences during gameplay! We'll be sure to share more progress pics as it continues to come together.

Thanks as always for the continued support and we look forward to continuing to get these awesome toppers into the hands of the masses so hopefully you can see the magic in-person!

-Rob & Alec

#26305 3 months ago

I went to the topper website thinking it was saturday. DOH. I need a wake up call tomorrow at 11:45AM EST. Thanks.

#26306 3 months ago

Just a quick one to say we've just released images and video of our new Tokyo Neon building mod - the "Subway".

Head on over to the thread to jump on the list. Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-subway-building-mod-tokyo-neon-3

#26307 3 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Just a quick one to say we've just released images and video of our new Tokyo Neon building mod - the "Subway".

Head on over to the thread to jump on the list. Thanks!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-subway-building-mod-tokyo-neon-3

Awesome Davey

#26308 3 months ago

Tokyo Neon #3 is here! hand painted resin sculpt, 9 triggerable LED zones and a whole lot of neon badassery comin at your Godzilla pinball machine.

419240615_389691056788955_3389570875874380729_n (resized).jpg419240615_389691056788955_3389570875874380729_n (resized).jpg
#26309 3 months ago

Got error on my pro
Check switch left slingshot

Coil works in test.
But the contacts don’t seem to be very close in gameplay when rubber hit.

Anywhere else I should look or is this likely a manual adjustment of the contact?

#26310 3 months ago
Quoted from rollinover:

Got error on my pro
Coil works in test.
Anywhere else I should look or is this likely a manual adjustment of the contact?

If it’s giving a switch error, it’s not the coil. One of your leaf switches isn’t working properly. As you said, likely just needs adjusting.

#26311 3 months ago
Quoted from rollinover:

Got error on my pro
Coil works in test.

close the gaps a bit more, standard fine tuning item.

#26312 3 months ago

Well I’m in the club bought me a brand new premium and it’s great. Now to start modding it out I was looking at some and there are some nice ones for this game.

#26313 3 months ago

Thank you both!

#26314 3 months ago

Ok, for lack of a better place to vent where there are people that care, or give a shit -maybe just a little- Is anyone else in the same rut as me? Score about 400 mil to half a billion, then it's suddenly ball three, no extras and you end on a stupid multiball double or triple or even worse quadruple, quintuple, or (God-zilla forgive) a sextuple drain?!?! And every time its not that, it is a limp wristed, half baked, save it shot because you just watched the last multiball slam the outhole, and it rejects the right orbit and that ball simply screams back and immediately drains out the left outlane, or EVEN F*CKING WORSE- goes down the inlane to your raised left flipper, rolls up and does the SDTM swan dive right off the tip?!? Or even worse than that, glances off Mazer target , right sling, left sling, then back to the pop bumper then SDTM, or pop bumper, Mazer, right outlane with no oxygen destroyer lit... I mean this is my GZ end game 100% when ever my score gets above 400mil, and definitely how it ends if ToMG or Mzero are qualified/lit or if I have cleared two cities. I mean COME ON GODZILLA!!!

AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

#26315 3 months ago

Bublehead it sounds just like my games! Not that I am complaining. I even raised the ball count to 6. However, when I am playing against my neighbor, we have both Mando and Godzilla playing doubles at the same time. Mando drains way faster and we have to wait for the other player to finish the ball on Godzilla before we can switch places. We tightened up the outlane posts too. I wish I could complete more than 2 cities.

But the game is really a fun fast adventure. I don't even have time to watch all the video stuff, unless someone else is playing. And that damn "Shoot the Scoop!!!"

#26316 3 months ago

Hey Zilla friends,

Hoping someone can point me toward a tutorial on how to max-out Heat Ray?

#26317 3 months ago

Anyone ever see this happen to precision Halo Flips? Less than a thousand plays and then this happened. Flipper strength was dialed back from the original factory settings.

20240113_191027 (resized).jpg20240113_191027 (resized).jpg20240113_191105 (resized).jpg20240113_191105 (resized).jpg
#26318 3 months ago

Thanks for posting this; very helpful.

#26319 3 months ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Anyone ever see this happen to precision Halo Flips? Less than a thousand plays and then this happened. Flipper strength was dialed back from the original factory settings.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Whoa! I’ve not seen that happen. I have these installed on several pins a few closing in on +400 games. Yikes, if Halo flips bust like this, I’ll have to rethink their use. Thanks for sharing and sorry for your loss.

#26320 3 months ago
Quoted from Harvester:

Whoa! I’ve not seen that happen. I have these installed on several pins a few closing in on +400 games. Yikes, if Halo flips bust like this, I’ll have to rethink their use. Thanks for sharing and sorry for your loss.

I'll bounce back from this. Fortunately there system allows for easy and quick swapping of flippers. As fate would have it, I had a spare that I hadn't gotten around to adding to a machine. Not the perfect color match but it keeps me flippin. I do appreciate what they're product adds to the game play, But going forward I may opt for their solid version of the bats.

20240113_200149 (resized).jpg20240113_200149 (resized).jpg
#26321 3 months ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

We've been using Halo's on a TOM in our league (local bar) for months now, so they get a ton of plays. So far no problem. But this was a concern.

#26322 3 months ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I’ve seen a few posts like this, and it was the reason I stayed solid, though I didn’t see many examples of it. Percosionflippers are great - reach out and he’ll help you out, awesome customer service! I heard a while back there was a bad run of halos but that issue is corrected now. Maybe it’s from the older batch?

#26323 3 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok, for lack of a better place to vent where there are people that care, or give a shit -maybe just a little- Is anyone else in the same rut as me? Score about 400 mil to half a billion, then it's suddenly ball three, no extras and you end on a stupid multiball double or triple or even worse quadruple, quintuple, or (God-zilla forgive) a sextuple drain?!?! And every time its not that, it is a limp wristed, half baked, save it shot because you just watched the last multiball slam the outhole, and it rejects the right orbit and that ball simply screams back and immediately drains out the left outlane, or EVEN F*CKING WORSE- goes down the inlane to your raised left flipper, rolls up and does the SDTM swan dive right off the tip?!? Or even worse than that, glances off Mazer target , right sling, left sling, then back to the pop bumper then SDTM, or pop bumper, Mazer, right outlane with no oxygen destroyer lit... I mean this is my GZ end game 100% when ever my score gets above 400mil, and definitely how it ends if ToMG or Mzero are qualified/lit or if I have cleared two cities. I mean COME ON GODZILLA!!!
AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

This was me 200 games ago. Then all of a sudden something happened. I rarely put up a game below 500M anymore. I am guessing my average over the last couple of months is in the range 700-900M. GC 3B+.

To not just say "keep at it". I did change a few things in my game play.

1. I let the ball dead-bounce A LOT. Gain control and bring down the tempo.
2. If the ball comes in an in lane at speed greater than were it can be trapped. I raise the flipper and pass it over to the other side bumping the game if needed. Again to gain control.
3. I really worked on nailing left spinner, left ramp and scoop. The other shots were a lot easier to me.
4. I really only use the top left flipper for Destruction Jackpot. Missed shot on the upper flipper and you are typically in the slings one way or another and a passenger at that point.

#26324 3 months ago
Quoted from Bikerjoy:

This was me 200 games ago. Then all of a sudden something happened. I rarely put up a game below 500M anymore. I am guessing my average over the last couple of months is in the range 700-900M. GC 3B+.
To not just say "keep at it". I did change a few things in my game play.
1. I let the ball dead-bounce A LOT. Gain control and bring down the tempo.
2. If the ball comes in an in lane at speed greater than were it can be trapped. I raise the flipper and pass it over to the other side bumping the game if needed. Again to gain control.
3. I really worked on nailing left spinner, left ramp and scoop. The other shots were a lot easier to me.
4. I really only use the top left flipper for Destruction Jackpot. Missed shot on the upper flipper and you are typically in the slings one way or another and a passenger at that point.

Choosing mothra whenever it's available is a good way to stay alive longer and survive half upper loops to left outlane. So if not being able to get far enough in the game to bigger points is an issue, could be a good strategy to adopt over angirus and rodan (when you only have one ally).

Let's see, some other tips for this level of scoring:

1. Carnage bonus and annihilation bonuses drop in a city if you drain a ball. So if you have done 2-3 of the monster monitor modes on a single ball but rarely if ever are able to do all four, consider cashing out to the scoop to move to the next city before you drain.

2. Similarly, since there's a lost opportunity cost in a city to keep going after you've done one of the modes and drain, consider moving on when this happens. Then you'll start the next city with a refreshed chance to do multiple modes on one ball and to again potentially get 2x and 3x annihilation bonuses and many X carnage bonus cashouts.

3. Orient your strategy toward getting extra balls. Nothing is more important for increasing score than getting more opportunities to do it. I'll rank below the extra balls in the game and the typical difficulty I'd ascribe each (from easiest to hardest):

A. Defeat two monsters
Two easiest / least dangerous: Gigan + either Titanosaurus with multiball or Ebirah with mothra or multiball

B. Destroy three saucers
Depending on feeds, this can be the easiest, if you happen to get a bunch of early feeds through the path that instantly lights a saucer (rather than lighting off pop hits). And if you can destroy it with an alley pass, you get two saucers in one hit (I recognize this is likely not an easy skill for the range of scores we're talking about).
Of course, hitting the saucer is dangerous because it can send the ball out of control into insta drains. So you may not always want to go for it. But if you have mothra or ball save going, it's a good time to collect

C. Rampage (Pro), City Combos (Premium/LE)
I have a pro, and so more often get the extra ball in rampage (by making 12 shots, whether in a single rampage or across multiple) because the quickest one can get give city combos for the EB on a pro is the third city, and that requires getting both combos in the first two cities with most cities having one combo that is tough. Though I've rarely played a premium/LE, I presume having three possible combos per city—with some of the extra combos sounding easier than some of the standard—would make for getting to 5 combos simpler than 12 rampage shots

For rampage, a few tips:
Always use the heat ray as soon as you get it. You will likely be hitting the center spinner a bunch as a) a bailout shot b) when it is lit for rampage shot collects c) the set up the big loop rampage collects. So it's likely you'll recharge the heat ray at least once while playing rampage. Spotting one or two shots might put you over the top for getting to 12 EBs.

If you're able to skip pass the ball on ramp returns, do this for both ramp shots to try to repeat them.

Cash in big in terms of shot progress on the easier shots (building, center spinner, right ramp). Unless you're really good or need one or two shots, probably stay away from the left spinner which is both a hard shot and one that can send the ball out of control.

Make sure you pay attention to when the ball save is expiring because, unlike almost all other situations in the game, if you trip the outlane switch while ball save is still running during rampage but the ball doesn't hit the trough before it expires, you ball will be over.

Also, something else that currently makes Rampage potentially easier for getting an EB is the bug in the current code that after final round of shots (left spinner) and the mode is supposed to end, that round repeats again.

City Combos:

One thing to know is that these combos are not timed. So even if you miss the next shot in a sequence, if you don't hit another switch and are able to take another attempt at the same shot and hit, you can move on to the next shot.

I only know the pro, so I'll say the approach I most often take to trying to get to five shots (not easy)
Tokyo:
1. Tokyo Combo 2 Right Ramp Through Building Big Loop
(you can do this both on the fly and when destruction jackpot is lit to have the magent set up the final shot)

2. London Combo 1 Right Ramp Left Ramp Scoop
Biggest issue with this one is when I'll hit the pop bumper by mistake. Still, it's always there to try again if you can regularly do right ramp -> left ramp. And if the left ramp shot rejects but the ball doesn't hit another switch and you have it back on your right flipper, just try it again

3. London Combo 2 Right Ramp Through Building Any Shield Target
This one is just like Tokyo Combo 2, except you hit a little lower (into a shield target) rather than to the big loop. I will typically do this one when the magnet grabs the ball and sets up the destruction jackpot, shooting a little later than I would to collect the jackpot. Alternatively, if the feed works on your machine for the manget to drop the ball to a catch on your left flipper, you can shoot a shield target from there rather than trying to do it on the fly from when returns from the building or drops from the magnet.

4. Paris Combo 2 Left Ramp Right Ramp Through Building
One of the two easiest pro combos in the game, in my opinion. This is a sequence you probably hit often in all cities. Do it in Paris, and you get a combo.

5. New York Combo 2 Right Ramp Left Ramp Pop Bumper
The other easiest combo. It's identical to London Combo 1, except this time you're rewarded for hitting the pop bumper instead of the scoop.

If I happen to get any of the other combos, I'll then either be able to get the EB sooner or not have to do one of the above. My rank for the remaining Pro combos, from easiest to hardest:

Paris Combo 1 Left Ramp Right Ramp Left Spinner
Very rewarding combo, but a dangerous one since the ball will be going fast and the left spinner is often hard and a miss will be a brick drain. However, if you get in a rhythm with the left spinner you won't find this one that hard since the first two shots are a frequent, easy combo.

Tokyo Combo 1 Center Spinner Big Loop Mecha Side Lane
I think hitting the tail whip shot on purpose is the hardest standard shot in the game (and one of the hardest in pinball overall). However, the first two shots are are a very common sequence, so there are lots of opportunities if you want to go for this one, and sometimes you'll succeed. It's also the last part of doing a full rage combo, so you sometimes end up collecting two really cool things on a single shot.

New York Combo 1 Left Ramp Center Spinner Mecha Side Lane
Again, tail whip is the hardest intentional shot on the game, and this one has a harder setup (left ramp to center spinner has unnatural timing, plus left ramp is a harder shot than big loop (at least on my game - I recognize that may not be the case for most)

D. City Combos (Pro), Rampage (Premium/LE)
Reverse situation as C.

#26325 3 months ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Also, something else that currently makes Rampage potentially easier for getting an EB is the bug in the current code that after final round of shots (left spinner) and the mode is supposed to end, that round repeats again.

I have been wondering about this! So this is a known bug (should get fixed in next code update?). I thought something was fluky in my machine…

#26326 3 months ago
Quoted from VinnyBlanc:

I have been wondering about this! So this is a known bug (should get fixed in next code update?). I thought something was fluky in my machine…

It was introduced two code revisions ago. Will hopefully be fixed at some point. I submitted it to stern's big report email address

#26327 3 months ago
Quoted from Chopplebrains:

I’ve seen a few posts like this, and it was the reason I stayed solid, though I didn’t see many examples of it. Percosionflippers are great - reach out and he’ll help you out, awesome customer service! I heard a while back there was a bad run of halos but that issue is corrected now. Maybe it’s from the older batch?

Good advice. I reached out to John and he will be sending me a replacement this week. Great customer service indeed.

#26328 3 months ago
Quoted from Chopplebrains:

same, I went solid from the get go, seemed very light on the halo, didn't want the open space....

#26329 3 months ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Good advice. I reached out to John and he will be sending me a replacement this week. Great customer service indeed.

Glad it worked out for you. I had little doubt John would back his product; a great guy with a great company ethos. From your experience and that of other’s that posted, I think I’ll go solid flips if needed.

#26330 3 months ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Choosing mothra whenever it's available is a good way to stay alive longer and survive half upper loops to left outlane. So if not being able to get far enough in the game to bigger points is an issue, could be a good strategy to adopt over angirus and rodan (when you only have one ally).
Let's see, some other tips for this level of scoring:
1. Carnage bonus and annihilation bonuses drop in a city if you drain a ball. So if you have done 2-3 of the monster monitor modes on a single ball but rarely if ever are able to do all four, consider cashing out to the scoop to move to the next city before you drain.
2. Similarly, since there's a lost opportunity cost in a city to keep going after you've done one of the modes and drain, consider moving on when this happens. Then you'll start the next city with a refreshed chance to do multiple modes on one ball and to again potentially get 2x and 3x annihilation bonuses and many X carnage bonus cashouts.
3. Orient your strategy toward getting extra balls. Nothing is more important for increasing score than getting more opportunities to do it. I'll rank below the extra balls in the game and the typical difficulty I'd ascribe each (from easiest to hardest):
A. Defeat two monsters
Two easiest / least dangerous: Gigan + either Titanosaurus with multiball or Ebirah with mothra or multiball
B. Destroy three saucers
Depending on feeds, this can be the easiest, if you happen to get a bunch of early feeds through the path that instantly lights a saucer (rather than lighting off pop hits). And if you can destroy it with an alley pass, you get two saucers in one hit (I recognize this is likely not an easy skill for the range of scores we're talking about).
Of course, hitting the saucer is dangerous because it can send the ball out of control into insta drains. So you may not always want to go for it. But if you have mothra or ball save going, it's a good time to collect
C. Rampage (Pro), City Combos (Premium/LE)
I have a pro, and so more often get the extra ball in rampage (by making 12 shots, whether in a single rampage or across multiple) because the quickest one can get give city combos for the EB on a pro is the third city, and that requires getting both combos in the first two cities with most cities having one combo that is tough. Though I've rarely played a premium/LE, I presume having three possible combos per city—with some of the extra combos sounding easier than some of the standard—would make for getting to 5 combos simpler than 12 rampage shots
For rampage, a few tips:
Always use the heat ray as soon as you get it. You will likely be hitting the center spinner a bunch as a) a bailout shot b) when it is lit for rampage shot collects c) the set up the big loop rampage collects. So it's likely you'll recharge the heat ray at least once while playing rampage. Spotting one or two shots might put you over the top for getting to 12 EBs.
If you're able to skip pass the ball on ramp returns, do this for both ramp shots to try to repeat them.
Cash in big in terms of shot progress on the easier shots (building, center spinner, right ramp). Unless you're really good or need one or two shots, probably stay away from the left spinner which is both a hard shot and one that can send the ball out of control.
Make sure you pay attention to when the ball save is expiring because, unlike almost all other situations in the game, if you trip the outlane switch while ball save is still running during rampage but the ball doesn't hit the trough before it expires, you ball will be over.
City Combos:
One thing to know is that these combos are not timed. So even if you miss the next shot in a sequence, if you don't hit another switch and are able to take another attempt at the same shot and hit, you can move on to the next shot.
I only know the pro, so I'll say the approach I most often take to trying to get to five shots (not easy)
Tokyo:
1. Tokyo Combo 2 Right Ramp Through Building Big Loop
(you can do this both on the fly and when destruction jackpot is lit to have the magent set up the final shot)
2. London Combo 1 Right Ramp Left Ramp Scoop
Biggest issue with this one is when I'll hit the pop bumper by mistake. Still, it's always there to try again if you can regularly do right ramp -> left ramp. And if the left ramp shot rejects but the ball doesn't hit another switch and you have it back on your right flipper, just try it again
3. London Combo 2 Right Ramp Through Building Any Shield Target
This one is just like Tokyo Combo 2, except you hit a little lower (into a shield target) rather than to the big loop. I will typically do this one when the magnet grabs the ball and sets up the destruction jackpot, shooting a little later than I would to collect the jackpot. Alternatively, if the feed works on your machine for the manget to drop the ball to a catch on your left flipper, you can shoot a shield target from there rather than trying to do it on the fly from when returns from the building or drops from the magnet.
4. Paris Combo 2 Left Ramp Right Ramp Through Building
One of the two easiest pro combos in the game, in my opinion. This is a sequence you probably hit often in all cities. Do it in Paris, and you get a combo.
5. New York Combo 2 Right Ramp Left Ramp Pop Bumper
The other easiest combo. It's identical to London Combo 1, except this time you're rewarded for hitting the pop bumper instead of the scoop.
If I happen to get any of the other combos, I'll then either be able to get the EB sooner or not have to do one of the above. My rank for the remaining Pro combos, from easiest to hardest:
Paris Combo 1 Left Ramp Right Ramp Left Spinner
Very rewarding combo, but a dangerous one since the ball will be going fast and the left spinner is often hard and a miss will be a brick drain. However, if you get in a rhythm with the left spinner you won't find this one that hard since the first two shots are a frequent, easy combo.
Tokyo Combo 1 Center Spinner Big Loop Mecha Side Lane
I think hitting the tail whip shot on purpose is the hardest standard shot in the game (and one of the hardest in pinball overall). However, the first two shots are are a very common sequence, so there are lots of opportunities if you want to go for this one, and sometimes you'll succeed. It's also the last part of doing a full rage combo, so you sometimes end up collecting two really cool things on a single shot.
New York Combo 1 Left Ramp Center Spinner Mecha Side Lane
Again, tail whip is the hardest intentional shot on the game, and this one has a harder setup (left ramp to center spinner has unnatural timing, plus left ramp is a harder shot than big loop (at least on my game - I recognize that may not be the case for most)
D. City Combos (Pro), Rampage (Premium/LE)
Reverse situation as C.

Great write up, thanks.

What about getting the 10 jet fighters? That’s also one of the easier ways to get an EB for me. Is this on Premium/LE only? Or perhaps removed with a code update (which I’m several behind on)?

#26331 3 months ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I have them on my EHOH with Super Bands that are super tight and so far, no issues.

20240109_192842 (resized).jpg20240109_192842 (resized).jpg
#26332 3 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I have them on my EHOH with Super Bands that are super tight and so far, no issues.[quoted image]

John mentioned there were occasional issues with some of the earlier runs, and that they have made improvements. After seeing your image and comparing to mine, I can see that there is more meat on the tips of your bats compared to mine.

20240115_090933 (resized).jpg20240115_090933 (resized).jpg
#26333 3 months ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

John mentioned there were occasional issues with some of the earlier runs, and that they have made improvements. After seeing your image and comparing to mine, I can see that there is more meat on the tips of your bats compared to mine.
[quoted image]

Yeah, I see what you are saying and mine were also just purchased in December.

#26334 3 months ago

Just got my new premium. What are some of the best mods everyone has put on their games. I’ve been looking at some of the buildings on Mezel mods and one other place I can’t remember the name they have the flying saucer mod. This is a great game.

#26335 3 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Just got my new premium. What are some of the best mods everyone has put on their games. I’ve been looking at some of the buildings on Mezel mods and one other place I can’t remember the name they have the flying saucer mod. This is a great game.

Save your money on the Mezel Mods buildings, look at Stumblor's building mods instead. Far more interactive and the designs are next level. His latest "Subway" building is exceptionally designed (IMO) and will be a must have for that corner of the game. Only problem is once you get one of his buildings you'll likely want ALL of them to complete the look! Get on his lists early to save on some of the lag time for shipping.

#26336 3 months ago

I like Stumblors Mods as well as Diddy's.

#26337 3 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Welcome to the club! First mods....replace the factory ones with new balls (carbon for less magnetization), turn down the backlight in settings and also the eject into the shooter lane. Then get some Diddy and Stumblor faves for mods. The only limit is your wallet and imagination and tech skills.

#26338 3 months ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Save your money on the Mezel Mods buildings, look at Stumblor's building mods instead. Far more interactive and the designs are next level. His latest "Subway" building is exceptionally designed (IMO) and will be a must have for that corner of the game. Only problem is once you get one of his buildings you'll likely want ALL of them to complete the look! Get on his lists early to save on some of the lag time for shipping.

Holy smokes he wants some big money for those buildings. They’re nice but man that’s a little steep. Lol

#26339 3 months ago

Hey a couple of questions about my new machine.

I have a digital leveler I just purchased and when I went to look at my current incline I’m at 6.8 degrees when measuring at the upper playfield and by the slings I’m 6.3. Is my game warped and should I leave it like that or get my lower playfield to 6.5

The game is perfectly even side to side though.

#26340 3 months ago
Quoted from Bunzy:

I have a digital leveler I just purchased and when I went to look at my current incline I’m at 6.8 degrees when measuring at the upper playfield and by the slings I’m 6.3. Is my game warped and should I leave it like that or get my lower playfield to 6.5

It's not warped, there's a reason the bubble level is down by the flippers - that's where you want to measure the angle. Try to get it around 6.5 at the slings/flippers as a starting point, then adjust from there to taste. Mine is at 6.8 and we like it that way. Side-to-side should be 0.0 from bottom to top, you can tweak that by adjusting leg levelers or the tabs at the front of the playfield under the lockdown bar.

#26341 3 months ago
Quoted from Bunzy:

Very common to have a different measurement lower and higher up on the playfield. Bottom line is to not really target a certain number as much as just getting it to a spot where it seems good to you.

But for reference, when my playfield has measurements similar to yours I start by setting the pitch by the flippers to about 6.4. Then you’d be at about 6.9 higher up. See how that feels. If it seems a bit too floaty or slow then raise it up by about .5 at a time until it get to a spot where you like it.

#26342 3 months ago

My left ramp was really hard to hit and I pinched the metal tip of the entrance of the ramp a little inward to see if it helped and it def did. I’m guessing I can adjust it underneath with a screw somewhere.

Speaking of screws though, anyone recommend a good screwdriver or wrench set they use that works well with stern machines?

#26343 3 months ago
Quoted from Bunzy:

My left ramp was really hard to hit and I pinched the metal tip of the entrance of the ramp a little inward to see if it helped and it def did. I’m guessing I can adjust it underneath with a screw somewhere.
Speaking of screws though, anyone recommend a good screwdriver or wrench set they use that works well with stern machines?

You'll need more than that but these will get you started in the wrenches department. Remember all measurements and tools sizes are english. Not metric.

https://www.amazon.com/SPEEDWOX-Combination-Ignition-Set%EF%BC%8CStandard-Portable/dp/B08KZV4N56/ref=sr_1_5

#26344 3 months ago
Quoted from Bunzy:

I use a plastic ruler sitting against the top posts of the slings to make sure when I use an inclinometer it’s both at the center and parallel to the sides of the game to get a true reading of incline. Then I can turn it 90 degrees and make sure my right to left is perfectly level.

Pick one spot on your playfield and make all your adjustments against that single spot to keep things consistent.

#26345 3 months ago

Any recommendations on best way to repair chip on playfield at building entrance?

IMG_2388 (resized).jpegIMG_2388 (resized).jpeg
#26346 3 months ago

I've had this game for about a year and I'm still trying to figure out how to deal with the visual chaos that is the display - curious to see what others' thoughts are.
It seems like there's always some new alert that's taking up the screen when I get a chance to look up. It's not a very trapping-friendly game, so I don't always have the ability to wait it out. For kaiju battles like Ebirah or Gigan it's really annoying not knowing how many shots I still need to make. It's really bad with Ebirah because the Mechagodzilla spinner doesn't even light up the same color as the other two. Any way to deal with this other than memorizing everything beforehand?
It's doubly bothersome for the magna grab imposter shot as well. By the time the animation is finished, the momentum is gone and it's impossible to make.

#26347 3 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

#1 mod: Anti-reflective Glass: HD glass / Voodoo Glass / InvisiGlass. Doesn't really matter which one (go for value and EZ to get). This will absolutely improve the visual look and your gameplay. Lord of the Gameroom did my 3 linked saucers.
Beyond that ...
Plenty of options out there for sure. Browse around, check out opinions and photos on the Godzilla mod forum (and here as well).
Pro tip: browse in reverse chronological order (many mods have been improved/discontinued)
The options are nearly endle$$
Here's my modded GZ Premium (and topper as well). This is about a year's worth of mods. This pin is still a top choice in our lineup!

GZ modding thread begining on last page as of this moment:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/103

pinside.0af30cb391c1b20632d212c6c1dc4d143fa5b750 (2) (resized).jpgpinside.0af30cb391c1b20632d212c6c1dc4d143fa5b750 (2) (resized).jpg
#26348 3 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Must haves:
Diddys Tesla tower light mods
Anything stumblor makes.
Dougs flaming speaker lights

Congrats on your premium, love mine!!

#26349 3 months ago
Quoted from WillM:

#1 mod: Anti-reflective Glass: HD glass / Voodoo Glass / InvisiGlass. Doesn't really matter which one (go for value and EZ to get). This will absolutely improve the visual look and your gameplay. Lord of the Gameroom did my 3 linked saucers.
Beyond that ...
Plenty of options out there for sure. Browse around, check out opinions and photos on the Godzilla mod forum (and here as well).
Pro tip: browse in reverse chronological order (many mods have been improved/discontinued)
The options are nearly endle$$
Here's my modded GZ Premium (and topper as well). This is about a year's worth of mods. This pin is still a top choice in our lineup!
GZ modding thread begining on last page as of this moment:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/103
[quoted image]

Glass is your number 1 mod? You mentioned pro tips, I have one. Go to standard adjustment #97 and turn it to 10 percent. Glare us gone and you save $250.

#26350 3 months ago
Quoted from bjester:

I've had this game for about a year and I'm still trying to figure out how to deal with the visual chaos that is the display - curious to see what others' thoughts are.
It seems like there's always some new alert that's taking up the screen when I get a chance to look up. It's not a very trapping-friendly game, so I don't always have the ability to wait it out. For kaiju battles like Ebirah or Gigan it's really annoying not knowing how many shots I still need to make. It's really bad with Ebirah because the Mechagodzilla spinner doesn't even light up the same color as the other two. Any way to deal with this other than memorizing everything beforehand?
It's doubly bothersome for the magna grab imposter shot as well. By the time the animation is finished, the momentum is gone and it's impossible to make.

This is my only peeve with this game that I bought up before as well. The cut scenes and other animations take over the entire screen more often than not. You barely see your score or whatever progress you've made during a battle. It's more than annoying.

-Paul

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,408 posts in this topic. You are on page 527 of 549.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/527?hl=ez-rhino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.