IMG_1384 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0815 (resized).jpeg
20240319_163550 (resized).jpg
20240319_163609 (resized).jpg
20240319_163600 (resized).jpg
20240318_181310 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pablito350.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#283 2 years ago

We were fortunate enough to get in a couple of games on a pro throughout the day at the York show, and this game is GREAT!

The shots are very smooth, and satisfying to make. The wireforms criss-crossing across the playfield are a treat. The magnet on the LH side feeding the top flipper for a chance to shoot the orbit as many times as you can is super fun. The pop bumper on the RH side can really jazz up a ball for the better or worse, and I dig that!

The artwork looks way better standing in front of it than it does in pictures. The soundtrack and call outs fit the theme perfectly.

Anyone that may be on the fence about which one to get will not be disappointed in a pro at all. Yes the additional toys may be nice, but this is the best damn pro I've played so far. If I were a buyer I'd pick up a pro in a heartbeat! It's a very balanced game and extremely fun to play.

A Godzilla pro + shaker motor = FUN!!

gz3 (resized).jpggz3 (resized).jpg

-Paul

2 weeks later
#1063 2 years ago

Had a great time with the Stern crew at Logan's Arcade for their Godzilla party!
IMG_20211028_200558308.jpgIMG_20211028_200558308.jpg

Big thanks to Waison and the team at Logan's.

Paul & Chrissi

#1074 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Cool. When was this?

Last night 7-10

#1226 2 years ago

Best callout in the game:

(In a deadpan newscaster voice)

"This just in..... super jackpot!"

#1227 2 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

I’m not one to be enamored with the latest & greatest, but do feel Godzilla is significantly better than Elwin’s other great games and probably the best, most enjoyable machine I’ve ever played.

Exactly how I feel as well. Best game I ever played.

-Paul

#1229 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Good golly ms Molly…..
That voiceover guy killed it for stern

Yeah he did!

#1277 2 years ago

I'd love a pro. The extra toys are cool, but I personally don't think they're an extra $2k cool.
But that's me.

This is one game you can't go wrong with your choice. It's THAT good!

3 weeks later
#3200 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

It all works in Stern's favor now, but if they build a reputation of frustration, it will bite them in the ass when demand slows.

No it won't. People will still buy from them, just as they are now. They're selling pins as fast as they can make them. It really sucks for they buyer, but that's the current new pin market we are now in.

Just my .02

-Paul

#3245 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

It has to. I appreciate that this is all opinion, but at what point would people consider other options? 1 year wait? 2 years? At some point people aren't going to put down money on something that might or might not show in a "reasonable" amount of time. And at some point you remember the vendor that continuously allowed people (and new machines) to cut in line and go elsewhere.

You think that it would make people go elsewhere, but it doesn't. Look at all the threads about quality issues, playfield issues, price increases, and yet here we are.

Where else can you go to get a NIB Godzilla?

#3256 2 years ago

Found some of the playfield artwork online I modified a bit, and using as my wallpaper for my desktop.

gz (resized).jpggz (resized).jpg

Just thought someone else might like it as well.

-Paul

1 year later
#20460 11 months ago

One thing I wish they'd address in the code is making it so your score, and other important info like the timer is always displayed on the screen instead of the many cut scenes. Most of the cut scenes seem to be in letterbox so it doesn't use the top, and bottom of the screen anyway.
More often than not your score/progress bar/timer/ etc isn't there, and I find it super frustrating.

2 weeks later
#20865 10 months ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Is there something in the pipe to be done with the code?

I'd just be happy with being able to see my score / countdowns / progress info without all of the cut scenes blocking them out all the time.

1 week later
#21140 10 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Any pro owners having trouble at times with the magnet not holding the balls for the start of MB? It will grab the first one and then when the second ball launches or sometimes the third, the balls will drop before they are supposed to.
Doesn’t happen all the time but enough. I adjusted the kick out power and the balls hit correctly. I did not make any chain the settings.

Sometimes that happens on ours, but not often. When a switch is activated while balls are still shooting out to the magnet, it will release all of them.

1 week later
#21459 10 months ago

We're not topper people, but being that we splurged on a GZ pro we thought it'd be nice to spring for our first topper for the pin we love so much.

After seeing it, we're definitely not doing that.

It looks like something cobbled together with off the shelf parts using the least amount of effort possible. To make owners wait a year and a half, and cough up $1k for this chintzy dollar-store playset is actually kinda funny because they'll still sell every one they make.

Cringe-worthy describes it best I think.

-Paul

#21481 10 months ago

Be the 1st to mod your Godzilla topper, and make it truly special!

For $29.99 you can make your Godzilla come to life, and bring fear into the hearts (and pants) of everyone in it's presence!

We're offering the limited edition Godzilla Tail hold-down Kit.

cable tie colored green (resized).jpgcable tie colored green (resized).jpg

Replace that nasty, unrealistic, cheap one from the factory, and be the envy of the entire world-wide pinball community!

Act now as supplies are limited!

5 months later
#24795 4 months ago

Speaking of badges, how many have this one?

Godzilla-Destroy-Logan (resized).jpgGodzilla-Destroy-Logan (resized).jpg

1 month later
#25349 3 months ago

We saw the movie Sunday. It does not disappoint. I'm so glad we watched it while it is still out, this gz should be seen on the big screen!
Everyone says the human story is unlike any other for a Godzilla story. They are right! Open yourself up to empathy and you might shed a few tears at the end, even though you can see it coming from a mile away. I did wipe away a few tears.
All I know is if we didn't have a gz pin, I wouldn't know the classic theme, which is big in this, and made the watching so much better. Yes, I have seen gz movies before. It hits differently. If you know, you know.
There are a few questions, why didn't they do this, or do that? I'll say, "it's just a show, you should really just relax". It's such a wonderful ride.
If you can read, and no one's head is in your way to read easily (thanks weirdly tall guy in front of me), this a movie you should go see NOW!!
-Chrissi

#25351 3 months ago
Quoted from Matsurigatzu:

After a game is over, sometimes I hear a loud baseball bat noise. Cannot tell if it’s from the speakers or inside the game. Anyone else have that?

You probably matched.

Edit- A match is when your last 2 numbers of your score matches what milla spits out is smoke at the end of the game.

3 weeks later
#26034 3 months ago
Quoted from metallik:

Kinda done with this game but still 2.8B to go before Monday...
[quoted image]

Well that's no fun.

#26040 3 months ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I checked, and as of this morning, there were 99 who had gotten the GODZILLA badge... Hoping #100 posts here!

It won't be me!

2 weeks later
#26350 72 days ago
Quoted from bjester:

I've had this game for about a year and I'm still trying to figure out how to deal with the visual chaos that is the display - curious to see what others' thoughts are.
It seems like there's always some new alert that's taking up the screen when I get a chance to look up. It's not a very trapping-friendly game, so I don't always have the ability to wait it out. For kaiju battles like Ebirah or Gigan it's really annoying not knowing how many shots I still need to make. It's really bad with Ebirah because the Mechagodzilla spinner doesn't even light up the same color as the other two. Any way to deal with this other than memorizing everything beforehand?
It's doubly bothersome for the magna grab imposter shot as well. By the time the animation is finished, the momentum is gone and it's impossible to make.

This is my only peeve with this game that I bought up before as well. The cut scenes and other animations take over the entire screen more often than not. You barely see your score or whatever progress you've made during a battle. It's more than annoying.

-Paul

#26375 72 days ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

Pretty much any modern Stern should have a static row of scores on bottom of screen and would still have plenty of room remainder of screen to show whatever (clips, animations, etc)

I was just watching the new Jaws stream, and it looks like not showing your scores, progress, timers... etc. is the new thing.

3 weeks later
#26749 50 days ago
Quoted from VinnyBlanc:

Hey guys, anyone know what GI color I should select to match stock lighting in Godzilla?
[quoted image]

Cool white is probably closest to what it came with, but I changed them all out to sunlight white to warm up the color tones a bit, and I love it.

-Paul

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Shelby, NC
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball
Shooter rods
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pablito350.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=pablito350 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.