8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 150.
#6301 6 years ago

all the photo and video links are dead. Anyone have a link to LE photos that are still there?

#6302 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not as much as it used to be. The younger generation isn't as hot on it as the old folks. One reason Konami has been pushing hard to legalize gambling in Japan - they see the end of the pachinko money river.

It occurs to me That eventually pinball (and pachinko, and fruit machines) may fall out of the public eye enough that having a physical playfield and toys/interaction may be an add on to a video game that BLOWS THEY MINDS!!! Think a revved up Baby PAC.

You know, that hopefully doesn't suck..

#6303 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I can only imagine what JJP could have done with this license. I guarantee the design would look & play nothing like the Stern pin.

It that would mean hobbit in the star wars theme then thanks god its Stern making it

#6304 6 years ago

I would much prefer Star Wars in the hobbit,the 4 pops ups could be bad guys and a tie fighter from the empire and the Smaug head darth Vader speaking to you,much better than a tie fighter on a spring and a ball excelerator that does not even lock balls,I want to love Star Wars and sold my gnr to make room and help pay but after playing the pro and hearing about the le I am a no go as of now and am sad about the outcome

#6305 6 years ago
Quoted from thearcadegeek:

all the photo and video links are dead. Anyone have a link to LE photos that are still there?

I don't think you are missing anything as it's (mostly) nothing we haven't seen already.

Wow, just realized it's August 1 already! Time flies....

Rob

#6306 6 years ago

Jjp should buy lisences from disney and make a star wars pin, original 3 films only.

I bought a LE. But was really hoping for more, AT ATs as a bashtoy. Lazers. Stormtroopers. Blowing up stardestroyers, this theme/music is epic. Stern is only init for the money, its too emvious but, come on mr jersey doo this, give us a well designed nice SW pin, we all deserve it.
Ill pay 10k euro gladley, just make the pin epic

#6307 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Jjp should buy lisences from disney and make a star wars pin, original 3 films only.
I bought a LE. But was really hoping for more, AT ATs as a bashtoy. Lazers. Stormtroopers. Blowing up stardestroyers, this theme/music is epic. Stern is only init for the money, its too emvious but, come on mr jersey doo this, give us a well designed nice SW pin, we all deserve it.

They tried to do that but lost the bid to Stern. So now we've got what we've got.

#6308 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

This makes me laugh. Translation = Stern i hate the game that you have produced but im still buying it. Im hoping someone else will make a better star wars game than you just did and ill pay even more for it.

Stern translation = We got another one hook line and sinker.

#6309 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

They tried to do that but lost the bid to Stern. So now we've got what we've got.

Stinks that pure $$$ rule on that.

LE stands for Limited Excitement.

#6310 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Stinks that pure $$$ rule on that.
LE stands for Limited Excitement.

Stern should start a new edition GSE.

#6311 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

It that would mean hobbit in the star wars theme then thanks god its Stern making it

What about dialed in with star wars theme? That would be epic. So much you could do with that. R2d2 as the phone, tie fighter as the moving stick ect.

#6312 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

This makes me laugh. Translation = Stern i hate the game that you have produced but im still buying it. Im hoping someone else will make a better star wars game than you just did and ill pay even more for it.

You can translate all you want. I love star wars. I bought the LE up front. Would still doo it with the knowledge today. Stern knows this, people love the theme. Stern could cut even more of the LE and disturbuters would have bought all om them instantley right away.
50 pinside users cancles there order on a LE, who cares.

Im am not superexited on this pin no. I think me aerosmith pro is more fun to play.

Still i wish JJP makes a fully loaded SW pin.

Will make a propper review when i get my LE

#6313 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

You can translate all you want. I love star wars. I bought the LE up front. Would still doo it with the knowledge today. Stern knows this, people love the theme. Stern could cut even more of the LE and disturbuters would have bought all om them instantley right away.
50 pinside users cancles there order on a LE, who cares.
Im am not superexited on this pin no. I think me aerosmith pro is more fun to play.
Still i wish JJP makes a fully loaded SW pin.
Will make a propper review when i get my LE

You are essentially sending a message to Stern that they can still keep dumbing down their games, increase their price and that you will buy them. By all means spend away it's your money after all.

#6314 6 years ago

You are essentially sending a message to Stern that they can still keep dumbing down their games, increase their price and that you will buy them. By all means spend away it's your money after all.

Read again. ON starwars because of the theme yes, not all there games no. Don't understand where you get that from.

#6316 6 years ago

? Oh. Thats why. Good luck with that.

#6317 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

What about dialed in with star wars theme? That would be epic. So much you could do with that. R2d2 as the phone, tie fighter as the moving stick ect.

Dialed In definitely has epic layout and software, but the gameplay for me lacks the energy that SR games provide in spades.

#6318 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Read again. ON starwars because of the theme yes, not all there games no. Don't understand where you get that from.

Based on this, I will make a slight revision to flashinstinct post as follows:

"You are essentially sending a message to Stern that they can still keep dumbing down their games, increase their price and that you will buy them *as long as it has a great theme*. By all means spend away it's your money after all."

I don't think there's anything wrong with that. If theme is the most important part of a pinball machine for you, by all means, buy those machines. Personally, I think too many pinsiders underestimate the value of a good theme.

#6319 6 years ago

This IS my dream theme and music. Im sure i will be blown away when i start my first play, listening to the music.

Maby gameplay is fast and smooth, dont know yet. I usually love SR pins. BUT again tjis pin could be much more at JJPs.

#6320 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Maby gameplay is fast and smooth, dont know yet. I usually love SR pins. BUT again tjis pin could be much more at JJPs.

The gameplay is extremely fast and extremely smooth. No worries there if that's what you're looking for.

#6321 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Naw DI theme is classic Lawlor...good stuff.

#6322 6 years ago

Do you have anything positive to say lately? You've been on a rather negative slant lately...

Rob

#6323 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Do you have anything positive to say lately? You've been on a rather negative slant lately...
Rob

Yeah I know time for a PA (pinball anonymous meeting) and a good beer with friends while playing pinball is in order. I haven't really played in 3 months because I've been dealing with my LOTR shipping woes. One thing for sure never hire R+L carriers or shipping brokers for squat. Everyone points the finger in the other direction.

On a positive note I did create a guide for people to create their crate so this kind of stupid thing doesn't happen to them
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-create-the-ultimate-palette

#6324 6 years ago

That's not what he is saying. Extreme fans of Star Wars will spend more on figurines that sit in their box on a shelf and are never touched than what this pinball machine costs. Now I'm not saying that he is that hardcore of a fan, but the point is never underestimate the power of the theme, it has huge pull to the more hardcore fans. I'll likely do the exact same thing when the new Elvira comes out.

#6325 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Naw DI theme is classic Lawlor...good stuff.

I just meant the layout would work with star wars also. The original poster said he would not want to see jjp do star wars because it would end up looking like the hobbit, so I said it could end up as good at dialed ins layout. But yes I agree that dialed in is a lawlor classic. I'm sure he has a few more layouts up his sleeve

#6326 6 years ago

I ordered one because I still have a mix of classic arcades and pinball and the themes of each are still important, especially if I can pair them together. Tron and Discs of Tron are sitting right next to Tron Legacy and I have a very lonely Star Wars arcade that is sitting next to Operation Wolf, which makes no since at all. Now, if Star Wars Premium is sitting next to SW arcade, that makes way more since. (I feel like this justification is going to fall apart with the wife once this is delivered)

I am going back to the "to my loving wife..." thread to make me feel better.

#6327 6 years ago

Agreed I have said it before until you make the picture clear by not buying a pin that continues to lose features but increases in price Why would they make changes. Not to mention the ghosting playfields and quality issues up the Wazoo.

#6328 6 years ago

We will se improvements when stern gets really compatition as it it now, stern has no real compation, they ship pins everyday. Last i heard stern did box upto 50pins a day, if thats true, i understand why they dont give a shit.

Again, what alternative doo i have? I love the theme, all other SW games are junk. Really junk.

#6329 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

We will se improvements when stern gets really compatition as it it now, stern has no real compation, they ship pins everyday. Last i heard stern did box upto 50pins a day, if thats true, i understand why they dont give a shit.
Again, what alternative doo i have? I love the theme, all other SW games are junk. Really junk.

Stern and every other pinball manufacturer do give a shit about their customers. Do not get caught up in this Stern bashing crap from a few members on Pinside. The majority of us love pinball and wish for the hobby to be around for many years to come.

Play the machine and see if you like it. Make your decisions from there. Easy!

#6330 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Stern and every other pinball manufacturer do give a shit about their customers.

Well when they ship a new LE to your home every time they release one I'm sure they do.

#6331 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Play the machine and see if you like it. Make your decisions from there. Easy!

Please leave this forum immediately. Logic is not allowed here.

#6332 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

How well do you think the Star Wars pin with the Dialed In theme would sell?

Not well. I wonder what that says?

#6333 6 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Agreed I have said it before until you make the picture clear by not buying a pin that continues to lose features but increases in price Why would they make changes. Not to mention the ghosting playfields and quality issues up the Wazoo.

Yes! This is the time this needs to happen to show them. just remember what we got with lotr, tron, gb le. Sw is like a kick in the swim suit area :/ they need to finally be put in their place and out wallets are the only thing that can do that. We should start the wallets closed movement :-p

#6334 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

How well do you think the Star Wars pin with the Dialed In theme would sell?
Not well. I wonder what that says?

Not much as you're combining the weakest part of both titles.... a semi-confusing original theme with a nearly blank PF

#6335 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Not much as you're combining the weakest part of both titles.... a semi-confusing original theme with a nearly blank PF

Even if it was a Stern?

#6336 6 years ago

Damn this is the most depressing thread ever.
I'm going to go play some pinball.

#6337 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well when they ship a new LE to your home every time they release one I'm sure they do.

We have always been looked after by all 2 of our distros. That is all we have in Australia for all the manufacturers!

#6338 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Yes! This is the time this needs to happen to show them. just remember what we got with lotr, tron, gb le. Sw is like a kick in the swim suit area :/ they need to finally be put in their place and out wallets are the only thing that can do that. We should start the wallets closed movement :-p

The moment Stern said ghosting was normal my wallet closed. It will take a lot for them to re-gain my trust.

#6339 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

The moment Stern said ghosting was normal my wallet closed. It will take a lot for them to re-gain my trust.

Standart ghosting and uevenplayfields as normal from stern is bullshit announsement. They messed so much up on GB that they upped quality on AS. Just keep on dooin the same!!!!!?!

#6340 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Yeah my pin partner canceled his premium order...If people are actually fed up, they need to not buy it, or buy used so stern sees the drop in pre orders and sales. This will prove to them we won't stand for this. However until their sales drop, they will keep pushing that envelope.

I get bringing more processes like PF making in house, however, they don't play test their games on location or long (it seems) so they really have no idea how bad they wear etc it seems.....which is unfortunate.

#6341 6 years ago

So for those of you that have played both, how do you feel about SW vs Metallica? Both kind of are a mix of flowy/bashy games.

#6342 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

So for those of you that have played both, how do you feel about SW vs Metallica? Both kind of are a mix of flowy/bashy games.

Apples and Oranges. Very different games. Good compliment to each other though.

#6343 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I like Metallica a lot more, but they are VERY different in feel. Star Wars isn't really a bash game. Metallica has Sparky and the coffin which do focus on bashing often. Star Wars asks you to hit stand ups often enough, but they don't feel anything like hitting the bash toys on Metallica.

Star Wars is at breakneck speed from the moment you plunge and it really never lets up. Metallica has moments of speed, but it's far more deliberately paced.

#6344 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

As of right now Metallica is miles above what star wars is. Star Wars code still has a long way to go, and even then I doubt the code will beable to match what Metallica's is.

#6345 6 years ago

SW will never be MET with that playfield layout. Not even close. Regardless of code

#6346 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

SW will never be MET with that playfield layout. Not even close. Regardless of code

Clearly you're not a Player.

Oops, wrong thread.

#6347 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

At least the music will be better.

#6348 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

At least the music will be better.

I can't upvote this enough!!!

Rob

#6349 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Yup, very different games. Good thing they are not all the same! That would stink.

#6350 6 years ago

Got to play this on location here in Seattle and...oh my god, I liked it? It wasn't set up to be a speed demon, which I think works to its advantage, if it were much quicker I probably would've just felt frustrated, but there was a nice amount of floaty back and forth, which I really enjoy. The rubbers near the outlanes get a lot of exercise, and that's actually a lot of fun. It's not a very difficult game, which I appreciate, none of the shots are impossible and some are pretty easy. Death Star shot has a nice flow to it, and once you've got it mentally mapped it's a very do-able shot - the difficult part is just getting the ball to the flipper to snatch the hurryup.

Biggest problem is what you might call "I'm-in-a-mode?-itis", the game does a terrible job of making the modes feel like they're, you know, happening, especially when you stack them and then you just have a mishmash of quotes flying nonsensically at you while all the lights switch colors. The placement (or even existence) of the pops is a gigantic, embarrassing mistake. I might even go so far as to call it a downright stupid decision, and it's space that absolutely, 100% could've been utilized better.

Most of the weak elements you don't really notice, like the bouncy tie fighter or the clumsy animations, though I did find the "punch the button" tie fighter mode to be extremely lame, mostly because the actual destruction of the fighters didn't seem to really match how quickly I punched the button. I did like how I managed to activate tie fighter multiball by activating the attack mode after the ball drained and slapping the button enough times before the ball got to the bottom of the trough.

The art is bland. It's less hideous in person because it's all lit up but it definitely has a lunchbox vibe. Props to the lightshow department, because they're doing most of the heavy lifting on this game.

I don't know if I would enjoy this pin in a home environment, but I had a good time pumping quarters into it. It's ironic that "fast and flowy" is the big thing right now, because these pins are basically becoming flashy arcade games. Star Wars scoots around that by a lot of nice lateral motion, which brings an old-fashioned anticipatory physical vibe, and avoids the feeling that I'm playing a video game with flippers. The lack of toys is still a bummer, and I'll be curious to know if more music is coming. If not, they've got themselves stuck with an incredibly limited soundtrack.

So yeah, I had a fairly good time playing this. Shame about those pop bumpers!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.95
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/127?hl=mfsrc791 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.