8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1883 Youtube link to IGN posted game release video Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #1911 Images of the Pro and Premium/LE Playfields Posted by Number41 (6 years ago)

Post #1914 feature matrix for Star Wars Posted by beatmaster (6 years ago)

Post #1919 Stern List Prices posted Posted by BillPinball (6 years ago)

Post #1931 Stern Press Photos of the game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #1935 Stern Press photos of game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #2024 freeze frame look at the death star lights Posted by tbanthony (6 years ago)

Post #2057 A quote on prices in US for Pro and Premiums Posted by Dr-Willy (6 years ago)

Post #2158 notes about game features and links to game play video Posted by Kiwipinhead (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thearcadegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#818 6 years ago

I've been waiting for a new Star Wars pin announcement since I got into the hobby. I buy games from the licenses I care about and not so much on the gameplay. Since I am pretty much a terrible player, I don't focus as much as others do on the gameplay and shots. I own LOTR and ST because of the themes. They just happen to also be great games.

Deposit placed on an LE. I do like the look of the premium more, but I didn't want to miss out on the LE in case I change my mind down the road.

#1182 6 years ago

I contacted my "go to distributor" yesterday early and they did say they had kept an "interest list" for some time now - a list I didn't know about and wasn't on. Money talks as they say, so I put down a deposit and reserved one of 3 LEs they had left.

Of the 3, I like the Premium art package best, but understood why ESB was chosen for that model. They will sell WAY more of the premiums than the LE, so it made sense to pick everyone's favorite movie for that model.

I have zero regrets and am really excited for the LE to arrive this year. Looking forward to the official reveal next week.

#1228 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The more I think about it the more the exploding Death Star seems kinda silly. I would much rather just shoot the ball into a super tough shot that is the exhaust port and have the explosion on the LCD, how good could the effect possible be? Two pieces of plastic and a blinking light? The collapsing AT-AT someone mentioned earlier would be far cooler.

I'm guessing that the Death Star split coincides with something on one (or both) of the two screens. The combination of those two things could make it really cool.

#1242 6 years ago

Lego UCS Falcon topper???

IMG_2264 (resized).JPGIMG_2264 (resized).JPG

#2203 6 years ago

Anyone with some photoshop skills able to drop the Pro and Premium Translites into an LE? I ordered the LE and I'm curious what the other tranlites may look like.

#2309 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

For those getting an LE over a premium - why?
Do you like the art better?
Just like the idea of owning a "Limited Edition"?
Does the price difference not really matter (or is insignificant to you)?
SWLE seems to offer the least differentiation and greatest price gap of LEs to date (not counting Batman SLE). I bought a STLE because I though the overall package made it a no brainer, but I just don't see the appeal to SWLE.

I bought an LE for several reasons. The main one is that I didn't want to regret not buying it down the road and end up paying an arm and a leg to get one shipped to me. If I decide to sell my LE and get a premium (my favorite art package of the three) then that will be easy to do. Finding a local LE down the road - not so much...

#2756 6 years ago

found these sweet toys I'm going to put on the right side of my LE. Have to balance the game out a bit...

qW6QVQK (resized).jpgqW6QVQK (resized).jpg

#2848 6 years ago

Post count on this thread.....10k by Christmas in July.

#3165 6 years ago

I found a photo of what it looks like when you activate all 9 multi-balls at once...

SW balls (resized).jpgSW balls (resized).jpg

#3409 6 years ago

The part I found most interesting about the SR panel was actually the information Greg Freres mentioned. He talked about the back and forth with Lucas on the artwork. The initial drafts Stern sent LA (technically first drafts, but really 5th according to Greg) weren't really all that good imo, so the input that came back from LucasArts must have been solid. The more I look at the game, the more the artwork has grown on me.

Starts at the 1:45 mark of the video - lot's of "progress artwork" photos that show where they started and how they got to the final selects.

SW Pin Pro (resized).pngSW Pin Pro (resized).png

#3554 6 years ago

Stern fb stream in 360p...what is this 2014?

3 weeks later
#4482 6 years ago

never understood the hate for GB. It's a great pin - hard yes, but loads of fun.

#4507 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

playfield issues, slimmer issue, monster drains issues (outlanes and between the flippers), balls jumps over inlanes, drops targets issues..you still don't understand why some people can hate it or you don't want anyone hates the pin you own?
and at the end, does it really matter?

lol. I don't give 2 shits if some people hate a pin I own. Also, mine has none of the issues you mention here...

Yes it's tough, but that's why it has great "replayability" If it was easy and every ball lasted an hour I'd never play it...

#4580 6 years ago

The game looks like it has a ton of flow and the rule set looks really complex, which is good. The sounds are amazing as expected. So many great clips to choose from.

Although watching some of these guys play really does show me how bad I am at Pinball. This might be the only time I see some of these clips.

Looking forward to getting my LE in August! Can't wait!

#4881 6 years ago

light that sucker up and let's see some pics! The one thing the stream was missing last night was external shots of the game lit up...

3 weeks later
#6301 6 years ago

all the photo and video links are dead. Anyone have a link to LE photos that are still there?

3 weeks later
#6935 6 years ago

they could easily get the projector effect if they shoot the image onto a lens like they do in Ghostbusters.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thearcadegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball?tu=thearcadegeek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.