(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,677 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by RussMyers
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
972946E7-8C53-4236-9BA3-08E7C451FCD8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6192 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,677 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 234.
#6451 9 months ago
Quoted from JohnJ1366:

neither have I and that is why I asked.
It cam from the instructions sent by Spooky to trouble shoot warden board issue

I am thinking it was a typo, or an autocorrect gone wrong.

RM

#6452 9 months ago

Open question for Spooky, hoping it helps others as well. @spookydj, @spookybug.
If I qualify more than one characters for the character modes, and then hit ball into the left VUK, it always seems to start the Fred mode. Is there a formula to this, or is there a way to chose which character I want to play?

#6453 9 months ago
Quoted from Danzig:

Open question for Spooky, hoping it helps others as well. SpookyDJ, SpookyBug.
If I qualify more than one characters for the character modes, and then hit ball into the left VUK, it always seems to start the Fred mode. Is there a formula to this, or is there a way to chose which character I want to play?

Whichever color is lit at the stand ups is the character mode that will start. If you want to change which mode, shoot the shot for that character then it will switch to that character provided you have it qualified.

#6454 9 months ago
Quoted from chriscable34:

Whichever color is lit at the stand ups is the character mode that will start. If you want to change which mode, shoot the shot for that character then it will switch to that character provided you have it qualified.

Thank you, that makes sense.

#6455 9 months ago
Quoted from Danzig:

Thank you, that makes sense.

You are welcome!

#6456 9 months ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Scooby-Doo CE 614 came this week and sat in the garage until a friend came over today and helped me get it inside and set it up. I've attached pics of its placement in the family room. (I'm out of space in my pinball room.) Pic of the big wall shows the small railing at the top landing (in the upper left corner) and the big railing in the loft (just above the 86" 4K flatscreen TV). The other two pics were taken from those two railings. (Lots of dog toys for my two German shepherds around the chair in the corner.)
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Got to keep those dogs happy. Haha. Our dogs enjoy hanging in the game room with us...at least until the shakers freaks the one out. He always returns though...once he knows the Scooby villains and Michael Myers will do him no harm. He's good to go. Haha. You're obviously great dog parent.

#6457 9 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I am thinking it was a typo, or an autocorrect gone wrong.
RM

it was a typo cut the “return” Good thing my half blind not very smart arse isn’t on a bomb squad taking directions from AJ to save the world by cutting wires

#6458 9 months ago

Hey Guys , I got the new light board today. I followed the video and changed it out. Went into the system and did the update light board setting . Well now the topper doesn’t light at all and the flipper buttons are not lit.

#6459 9 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

You can choose that or the new Surf'N Scoob song in the settings for Cutler MB.

I don’t know if we are talking about the same thing. ‘Ghouls on Parade’ was the main theme that repeated over and over and has been replaced by new music for ball 1, 2, and 3. Is this song still in the game? I thought cutler mb you could choose that monster song or surfn scoob.

#6460 9 months ago
Quoted from ktrain315:

I don’t know if we are talking about the same thing. ‘Ghouls on Parade’ was the main theme that repeated over and over and has been replaced by new music for ball 1, 2, and 3. Is this song still in the game? I thought cutler mb you could choose that monster song or surfn scoob.

I have not heard it being played since the upgrade. I don't mind if they add it somewhere but I really dig the new music and the varying style and tempos etc.

#6461 9 months ago
Quoted from ktrain315:

Oh sorry, I read your question too quickly and definitely wasn't on the same page. I also have not heard that since the update, it may have been removed (for now?) Hopefully, they can put it back to some extent, the more variety the better!

#6462 9 months ago

Code updates can be done now with a Mac for Scooby right?

#6463 9 months ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I have not heard it being played since the upgrade. I don't mind if they add it somewhere but I really dig the new music and the varying style and tempos etc.

Yeah, it would be a good song for after the match screen

#6464 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Code updates can be done now with a Mac for Scooby right?

I have done all mine with the Mac and have been good so far.

#6465 9 months ago
Quoted from murfe88:

Hey Guys , I got the new light board today. I followed the video and changed it out. Went into the system and did the update light board setting . Well now the topper doesn’t light at all and the flipper buttons are not lit.

Are your speakers lit? The light board has 3 LED output channels. One channel goes to the topper, one to the speakers, and one to the front cabinet buttons (flippers and action button). If you have at least one of the channels working, then the light board is at least doing something. Check connections at the light board to make sure they are all seated correctly.

#6466 9 months ago

Someone on here had made a post/ clip assembly for the outlane posts so you wouldn’t have to get under the playfield to move them.
Anybody remember that seller?

#6467 9 months ago

Has anyone else had a lockdown receiver bar handle that was very hard to move, even when the lockdown bar was off?

I did, and here's how I fixed it.

The flange nut was way too close to the sliding portion of the mech, and scraping so tight it actually cut a small groove.

Replaced it with a large nylon lock nut, much smaller diameter but holds the mech just fine.

RM

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6468 9 months ago

No the speakers are also not lit. I will recheck my connections today and call spooky if I can’t get it to work.

Quoted from kezorm:

Are your speakers lit? The light board has 3 LED output channels. One channel goes to the topper, one to the speakers, and one to the front cabinet buttons (flippers and action button). If you have at least one of the channels working, then the light board is at least doing something. Check connections at the light board to make sure they are all seated correctly.

#6469 9 months ago

Has anyone taken the backbox off? If so, how much of a pain was it? R&M had some IDC connectors I had to deal with, wondering if SD is similar

#6470 9 months ago
Quoted from Hench4Life:

Has anyone taken the backbox off? If so, how much of a pain was it? R&M had some IDC connectors I had to deal with, wondering if SD is similar

Should be much easier than R&M - see my post when someone pondered the same question: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/90#post-7557808

#6471 9 months ago
Quoted from Hench4Life:

It’s not too bad. No wires need to be cut, everything disconnects. I can’t remember for sure, because I also had to remove the playfield, but the big loom that goes down into the cabinet needed to be pulled out of the tubing to snip some of the zip ties. One part of the harness goes down into the cabinet and another part comes up into the head.

#6472 9 months ago
Quoted from Unorthadoc:

Someone on here had made a post/ clip assembly for the outlane posts so you wouldn’t have to get under the playfield to move them.
Anybody remember that seller?

Post 4828

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/97#post-7574286

#6473 9 months ago

I wonder if he ever got those finished? I was thinking about those this week as I was moving my posts…
I just put T-nuts and installed posts with 6-32 threads.
Works fine and it’s cheap.

#6474 9 months ago

Is Co-Op ever coming to Scooby Doo? Would be nice bringing families and friends together in the game as members of the gang.

Man the more games I see released the more and more I like my Scooby.

#6475 9 months ago

#608 delivered today and playing well.

#6476 9 months ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Is Co-Op ever coming to Scooby Doo? Would be nice bringing families and friends together in the game as members of the gang.

I asked for it also. That would be awesome. Not sure why don’t put it into more games.

#6477 9 months ago

Is that clown character that is on the artwork in the game anywhere?

#6478 9 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Many of the villains not in the lighted inserts are being incorporated as character modes so I bet it will be added later in one of the modes.

#6479 9 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I think the other villains are planned on being tied to the big question mark on the playfield - aka “mystery villains”.

#6480 9 months ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

They have not stated either way from what I remember. My guess would be that they are planning on finishing the game first. like getting all the wizard modes in the game first and finishing the scooby and daphne character modes.

#6481 9 months ago

we have widebody sheets of JJP Invisiglass in stock if anyone is looking to add one to their scooby-doo

https://www.kingpingames.net/product-page/jersey-jack-invisiglass

make sure you select "widebody" for the cabinet size drop down.

#6482 9 months ago
Quoted from Pugster:

I think the other villains are planned on being tied to the big question mark on the playfield - aka “mystery villains”.

Exactly

#6483 9 months ago
Quoted from Tallon:

They have not stated either way from what I remember. My guess would be that they are planning on finishing the game first. like getting all the wizard modes in the game first and finishing the scooby and daphne character modes.

That’s fair. I can be patient and understand the prioritization! Hopefully the do it as an enhancement along the way or near the end.

#6484 9 months ago

Does anyone else find some of the modes to be a bit overly difficult? This game can be deceptively difficult.

Black Knight is tough as it's a lot of shots to complete. It's the 9 shots to paint but you have to hit a painted shot every 3rd shot effectively making it a 14 shot mode. Velma's glasses is another mode that while it's random seems to take clearing almost every shot before you can find her glasses.

For me Cutler and Space Kook can also be a bit frustrating at times when your down to a single shot that you can't make and after serval failed attempts you run out of time or just drain. For me it's the left orbit or the lowest Scooby shot on the upper playfield normally. I know with Space Kook you can hit the different spinners to light different shots, but I'd like to see the spinners cycle through the shots a bit more, similar to how they cycle the monsters before starting a mode.

I like how the creeper allows the player to make the same shots just not back to back, but awards you greater points if you make a shot to each of the 5 characters vs alternating between a couple of the easier shots. Maybe some of the other modes could do something similar. Higher rewards for harder shots, but more forgiving with the available shots to finish a mode.

In general having some mode difficulty options in the menu would be nice. What's there is good, but with some minor adjustments the game could be made a bit more approachable especially for less skilled players. I'd also like to see an option that disables the standup between the flippers falling when draining on the upper playfield. I get it for location play but at home I want the option to keep it up.

Maybe I just need to get good. What's everyone else's thoughts on the current game play? Is it too easy, too difficult, just right?

#6485 9 months ago

Im not good either but the modes are def on the tougher side. (Fun for me) There is only one mb to help push through something atm. The drops resetting between balls hits hard some drains.

#6486 9 months ago

I have yet to get Scooby snack multiball or mystery machine multi ball. I’m a decent player. How do I test these two mutliballs with the glass off to make sure I’m not having any switch/opto issues?

#6487 9 months ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

I have yet to get Scooby snack multiball or mystery machine multi ball. I’m a decent player. How do I test these two mutliballs with the glass off to make sure I’m not having any switch/opto issues?

Mystery Machine MB:
Build up your gas with the left spinner (can also be built up with right Mystery Machine spinner), lock ball in Mystery machine, repeat for balls 2 and 3.

Scooby Snack MB:
Get 4 Scooby Snacks to qualify an apron lock, lock first ball in one of the aprons, Get 8 total Scooby Snacks to qualify the second apron lock, lock second ball in open apron lock.

#6488 9 months ago
Quoted from alexorear:

Black Knight is tough as it's a lot of shots to complete. It's the 9 shots to paint but you have to hit a painted shot every 3rd shot effectively making it a 14 shot mode. Velma's glasses is another mode that while it's random seems to take clearing almost every shot before you can find her glasses.

For me Cutler and Space Kook can also be a bit frustrating at times when your down to a single shot that you can't make and after serval failed attempts you run out of time or just drain. For me it's the left orbit or the lowest Scooby shot on the upper playfield normally. I know with Space Kook you can hit the different spinners to light different shots, but I'd like to see the spinners cycle through the shots a bit more, similar to how they cycle the monsters before starting a mode.

We play the same apparently, LOL. I always cringe when it is the Black Knight mode, I have only successfully completed that mode ONCE and it required me to collect an ungodly amount of Scooby Snacks to keep it going long enough. I struggle a little on the Space Kook but have learned that the spinners will move that upper shot between the three lanes up there. I will usually get all the shots I can on the lower PF then hit the spinners till that upper PF shot is in the center or top lane, like you said, I have trouble with that bottom lane and can only hit it like 1 out of 10 times. I have considered the extra spring for the Bookcase flipper to maybe make that shot easier.

With the Velma mode - it helps to be playing as her - I have found the trick to be go straight to the upper PF and eliminate a few shots up there, that pretty much forces the glasses to be hidden on one of the lower PF shots and it is a lot easier. The real trick with that mode is being able to look up at the screen to see where the statute looks, AND keep control of the ball.

For me, so far the new Shaggy mode is by far the most difficult, even as Shaggy. I have managed to unbalance my sandwich every single time I get in there and I just get the makeup bonus by spamming the action button.

There are some changes in how the modes work if you change the overall machine settings between Easy, Regular, and ZOINKS! modes. But, the Easy mode does NOT make Black Knight, SK, or CC any easier.

#6489 9 months ago

Spooky: I love the new music! But, PLEASE work "Ghouls on Parade" back into the game in a prominent fashion! Yes, it was a bit much as the only music, and on a loop. But, this iconic tune belongs in Scooby Doo, and is always the melody that sticks in my head after watching an episode. I loved Matt's slightly updated version so much. Please find a solid use for it, or offer it as a choice in settings.

#6490 9 months ago

I just got CE 616 set up. I was originally going to be 617, but evidentially I got moved up a number. This is my first Spooky game, but I've owned 11 pins during my 3 years of collecting. I started with a Gottlieb Gold Wings, and have since owned Sterns, CGC remakes, one Williams, and a JJP. I picked Scooby up at the local R&L terminal. There was a hole punched in the box, but it was located at the rear of the backbox. Scooby will live in my widebody niche next to Indy. I ended up moving Indy to the other wall, as I prefered the graphics on the left side of Scooby.

First impressions:

1. The game is very well built. The cabinet construction is very solid, with very nice joinery. The decals are the best NIB I've seen from any manufacturer. I have yet to find a flaw. Every other game I have opened has required me to smooth out at least one area. The playfield is incredibly colorful and smooth as glass. This was one of the things that I was impressed with when I first played the game at a friend's house in my pinball club.

2. Whoever is doing Spooky's powdercoating does an amazing job. Only the custom work I've had done locally is on par.

3. There was a complaint about leg bolts. I pre-ordered a set, along with some black washers. I could not find any difference between what I got from Marco and what came on the game. I would still suggest ordering some washers though, as to protect the aforementioned powder coating.

4. I can see why people break their hand plastics. A pool noodle section is an absolute must to have on hand when putting the playfield in the service position. You should also get some art protector blades if you don't have them. I've only got one Stern left in my collection, I've gotten spoiled with the locking hinge mechanism on my other games. This is one of the only upgrades that I hope Spooky does on their next game.

4. Updating the software is very easy, you don't even have to unzip the file.

5. Adjusting the amplifier is pretty easy, but it is turned where you can't see the controls. I took a photo first, so that I could figure out what I was adjusting.

6. The game is absolutely beautiful. This is a great candidate for non-reflective glass. I split shipping with some local friends to make it more affordable.

7. Everything worked out of the box. I inspected all of the soldered and physical connections before powering it on. Nothing was unplugged, and the solder joints look nice. QC improvements at Spooky are evident. I've played about a dozen games, and can already see that there is some great flow. I didn't have any cheap brick shots. I did have several "holy crap, that is cool!" moments.

8. The flipper whine on the upper playfield goes away with slight adjustments and "selective" flippers.

Great job, spooky_dj SpookyBug SpookyLuke You guys should be incredibly proud of what you and the team have done.
20230719_101409 (resized).jpg20230719_101409 (resized).jpg20230719_102312 (resized).jpg20230719_102312 (resized).jpg20230719_144929 (resized).jpg20230719_144929 (resized).jpg20230719_145502 (resized).jpg20230719_145502 (resized).jpg20230719_164321 (resized).jpg20230719_164321 (resized).jpg20230719_164349 (resized).jpg20230719_164349 (resized).jpg

#6491 9 months ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

Spooky: I love the new music! But, PLEASE work "Ghouls on Parade" back into the game in a prominent fashion! Yes, it was a bit much as the only music, and on a loop. But, this iconic tune belongs in Scooby Doo, and is always the melody that sticks in my head after watching an episode. I loved Matt's slightly updated version so much. Please find a solid use for it, or offer it as a choice in settings.

Agreed. Really hope we don't lose this entirely.

RussM

#6492 9 months ago

617 landed here this afternoon. Now I just need a couple friends to help load it in my basement
Happy days!!!

#6493 9 months ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

New code time! Today we have the Shaggy character mode ready for everyone to enjoy, as well as some new music in the base gameplay! Really excited to see what you guys think of this one
Also, I have a video up on YouTube walking you through how to play the Shaggy mode as well as the updates other features. Enjoy!

Thank you so much for these videos! They are awesome! The creativity and passion the team is putting into the updates is really showing. This game is, at least in my household, turning into the go to game. Although, growing up with this version of Scooby I do miss “Ghouls on Parade” even though the new music is also excellent. Speaking of which, any chance any of Danny Jansen’s music will make it into the machine?

Thanks again!

#6494 9 months ago

Just got the e-mail from Joe that #656 is ready to ship, I wasn't expecting to get that until next week!

#6495 9 months ago

Idea...when in the Shaggy mode it writes a log of your sandwich score when you hit the action button? Thinking of those (like me) that dont have a way (other person) to take a picture of the screen while playing. You can then go back after your game to copy/paste the log...or maybe the pin simply shows off the top (or top 5) sandwich score(s) in attract mode? spooky_dj lpeters82

#6496 9 months ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Idea...when in the Shaggy mode it writes a log of your sandwich score when you hit the action button? Thinking of those (like me) that dont have a way (other person) to take a picture of the screen while playing. You can then go back after your game to copy/paste the log...or maybe the pin simply shows off the top (or top 5) sandwich score(s) in attract mode? spooky_dj lpeters82

We'll definitely add sandwich heights as a vanity award!

#6497 9 months ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

We'll definitely add sandwich heights as a vanity award!

Spooky Dj
How about attract sounds when flipper and lockbar buttons are pushed in attract mode , maybe a jukebox mode also when you hold flipper buttons down to play game soundtrack music? Any idea when wifi will be enabled?

#6498 9 months ago
Quoted from PinDuderino:

Spooky Dj
How about attract sounds when flipper and lockbar buttons are pushed in attract mode , maybe a jukebox mode also when you hold flipper buttons down to play game soundtrack music? Any idea when wifi will be enabled?

Sounds during attract should be doable. I can't make any promises regarding the other items at this time though.

#6499 9 months ago

A jukebox mode would be cool, or even just releasing the songs to stream on Spotify would be great. My wife and I both love the music in the game and the 3 new songs are epic.

After posting about how difficult the game can be yesterday, I just put up a new high score. In addition to playing 5 cases I also played all 3 current character modes. Question about the eob bonus, how do you add to the multiplier? Sometimes it will be x1.1 or x1.2. I thought this corresponded to number of cases completed, but after paying closer attention I don't think this is correct.

Lastly how do you lock a case? I thought it was the lock down bar button, but this just makes the game shake. Pressing the launch button flashes a thing on the screen, but if I hit the left spinner the case still changes.

IMG_20230720_152521428 (resized).jpgIMG_20230720_152521428 (resized).jpg
#6500 9 months ago

Hey guys,
Quick question; has anyone else experienced a glitch where when the ball in launche do to the shooter lane the “Skill shot” Is automatically awarded? Happens every single time.
Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
$ 79.99
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Knoxville, TN
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 14.95
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,677 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/130 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.