(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,591 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 hours ago by dnapac
  • Topic is favorited by 300 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).png
PXL_20240414_195906192 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_181554907 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_195746420 (resized).jpg
IMG_6048 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6047 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6046 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6045 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1368 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1357 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1374 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #224 Tracker sheet Posted by La4s (1 year ago)

Post #600 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (RnM) Posted by manadams (1 year ago)

Post #601 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (Ultraman) Posted by RussMyers (1 year ago)

Post #1021 IE Pinball streaming an early production Scooby. Posted by Morgoth00 (1 year ago)

Post #1671 Topper height measured. Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #1678 Overall height of game with topper. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Post #1792 Mystery machine scoop rejects - flipper power fix Posted by Sethman (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Backbox width measured. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dothedoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 1 year ago

Personally, I think ‘Ruh Roh’ needs to be part of the club name.

2 months later
#3800 1 year ago
Quoted from the4Orr:Hi everyone,
First of all I am pretty new here so I apologize if these topics have been covered, i tried to search but frustration got the best of me.
i have several games but just received my first Spooky game, Scooby Doo #192...
I have yet to be able to play a complete game and I have loaded the latest code, any help would be appreciated, again sorry if this is old news

3.shaker motor from hell on start up, i shut it off because its frightening.
any help would be appreciated, I just want to play the dam game!
Thanks
Bill

I just got SD#174 up and running. I had to completely disassemble it to get it into the basement.
Our game also has a shaker motor issue. Intermittently, and only while trying to solve a mystery, the shaker motor will run. When that happens, the game is unplayable. The lights freeze and no switches work, however, the video, audio and flippers still work. I have to reboot to clear it.

I updated to the latest code, which didn't fix the problem, but it did add problem #3 above. Once the game boots, you can start a game and play, but if it sits in attract mode for 10 seconds, the shaker motor will run for a couple of seconds and the game will freeze as before.

I'll call Spooky on Monday.

#3801 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Are the lines I'm seeing on Scooby normal when lit up?
[quoted image]

Yeah, that looks like print head banding. Mine doesn't have that, BUT.....

Quoted from Pinstym:

Not sure what lines you're talking about. Here's mine.
[quoted image]

.....I noticed mine has lines similar to Pinstym's through Freddy's face and the front of the Mystery Machine.
DE7F969F-3418-4DAC-A015-3915F96532C1 (resized).jpegDE7F969F-3418-4DAC-A015-3915F96532C1 (resized).jpeg

#3805 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

"DJ says you can turn off the shaker feature in "attract mode live effects" in the menu. Not sure why it would pulse so much harder on certain games still. Going to work it out though!"

That explains it. I had turned the live effects feature on after the update and after the rollback it was off.

I disabled the shaker in the menu and was able to play a full game without it freezing up.

Now to figure out why the shaker is causing it to freeze.

#3811 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Are you talking about the shadows from the wires in the backbox?

Ok that embarrassing.
I didn’t remember wires on that side of the backbox. Two little wires from the light strips caused those shadows.

3 weeks later
#4903 11 months ago
Quoted from ddrpriest:

After a few hours on the floor last night the game started to lose all power to the coils and switches. Some of the LEDs stay lit constantly and the game sits there as if you're still in play.

This is what mine does whenever the shaker motor runs. The video and audio still work, but some LEDs stay lit, the rest stay dark, and no switches work.
I can duplicate it from the coil test menu. As soon as I press the green button to test the shaker, it gives a short pulse, then the game locks up, test buttons don’t respond.
Power cycling it fixes it. And with the shaker motor unplugged the game works 100%.

#4921 11 months ago
Quoted from ddrpriest:

Have you moved the shaker motor board away from the amp and subwoofer? In the stock location it's basically touching the amp and can cause shorts through the vibrations from the sub and shaker motor. [quoted image]

Yes, I unscrewed the board and moved it away from everything. No difference.

1 week later
#5280 10 months ago

I think I need to move my outlane posts.
2237C5E3-647B-4F7F-95E9-0B690A92157D (resized).jpeg2237C5E3-647B-4F7F-95E9-0B690A92157D (resized).jpeg

#5285 10 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'd guess as closed as they can be

Yeah, factory...top hole.

#5338 10 months ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Where I'm unsure is what to fix to get rid of excessive, "I'm not impressed" call outs. I'm sure there is a sticky switch or opto but im just not sure what triggers that to start my inspection. Anyone have any idea what I need to adjust?

I believe it's the switch on the upper level where the ball rolls down behind the flippers just before it dumps into the habitrail.

1 week later
#5544 10 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Ce # 411 landed. No problems right out of the box! Played maybe 20 games. Had one weird moment on the upper playfield where the game ended and it went immediately into the settings menu!! I’m updating software tonight and hopefully that will go away.
One thing we noticed is that the back two plastic layers on the topper really curl forward (toward the player). It was noticeable to all of us but it might also be normal?
[quoted image]

Stranger things have happened. (Sorry, couldn't resist. )
Saw my friend's game go into attract in the middle of a game last night. He is running the latest code.
If the topper doesn't straighten out over time as suggested, take the pieces off and put them in the oven at 180-200 on a scratch free cookie sheet for a few minutes. They should flatten out without any damage.

1 week later
#5791 10 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Ahh, shaker effects for the spinners, so great!

Quoted from spooky_dj:

Bashing cutler's helmet too!
Oh, I forgot to put in the update notes that to support the lantern mod, both cutler hands activate when you bash his helmet now.

I wouldn't know. I still don't have a working shaker.

#5792 10 months ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Always tricky trying to fit toppers in the basement of this 125 year old house, but where there's a will there's a way.

I feel your pain. I had to remove mine, having only a 7' basement ceiling. I plan to make a custom topper, though.

#5852 10 months ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Just wanted to throw this out there for anyone who owns Scooby and is like me (not a super skilled or competitive pinball player).

Wait…..you’re in a pinball forum and your name is Black Belt.

3 weeks later
#6442 9 months ago
Quoted from ShowVideoGames:

I finally found someone who's had the same issue as me. So that's promising. Spooky sent me a new board, I replaced it but that didn't fix the problem. I tried cleaning the contacts of my flippers like Boat did and that didn't fix it either...
Any ideas how to troubleshoot the game locking up? If this poster or anyone else who has had issues with game freezing could help me out, I'm curious how you guys got this resolved. It's driving me crazy.

Quoted from Jigz:

I seem to remember someone having locking up issues that was solved with a new USB cable from the PC in the backbox to the Warden board.

My shaker motor would lock up the game every time it went off during a game or in test mode. Today I finally ran a new USB cable from the PC to the Warden board and I'm happy to report the shaker now works correctly. I'd give that a try if you have a spare cable handy.

#6471 9 months ago
Quoted from Hench4Life:

Has anyone taken the backbox off? If so, how much of a pain was it? R&M had some IDC connectors I had to deal with, wondering if SD is similar

It’s not too bad. No wires need to be cut, everything disconnects. I can’t remember for sure, because I also had to remove the playfield, but the big loom that goes down into the cabinet needed to be pulled out of the tubing to snip some of the zip ties. One part of the harness goes down into the cabinet and another part comes up into the head.

1 week later
#6565 8 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

2: Several times the game has just completely lost track of what's going on and won't do anything other than the flippers will filp, music plays and it thinks I'm just holding onto the ball. This has happened when the ball was in one of the apron locks, when it was sitting in the shooter lane and once when it was in the Mystery Machine during a MB. Every time this has happened the coin door buttons are completely inoperative and the game won't ball search, tilt or anything else other than sit in a loop. I have to power cycle it to resolve the issue and keep playing. I've check the "stuck switches" when the game is working properly and nothing that shouldn't be closed is.
I'm happy to help collect logs, etc. but I can't (to my knowledge) when the coin door buttons don't work.

Try replacing the USB cable between the PC and Warden board. This fixed a similar problem I had whenever the shaker motor was activated. One or two others before me have also mentioned lockups resolved with a new USB cable.

#6629 8 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

OK, here is my solution to being able to easily move the Left Outlane Post from one position to the other, from the top of the playfield, without damaging the drop target LED PCB.
I flipped the playfield up, then unplugged the RJ45 cables form the LED board and removed it.
I then removed the original post, which was 8-32 and a very long shaft that touched the edge of the LED PCB and has a nylon lock nut on it.
I ordered 2 of these: (one for each side) https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4195
I then hammered 2 6-32 T-nuts (8-32 t-nuts won't fit; too big) into the post holes, and put the LED PCB back
The standoffs for these LED PCBs could be a little bit longer for my comfort
The threading for the new 6-32 post goes almost to the bottom on the t-nut but not quite, even when tightened down snug
No chance of hitting the LED PCB
Last pic is original and new post side by side
RussM

That's a good solution. You definitely won't need #10 posts in the outlanes. I should go that route with mine.

3 weeks later
#7123 7 months ago
Quoted from lepstein:

Follow up.
Machine turned on fine today and played fine all day. Shut off the crazy aggressive shaker in case that was issue.
Mystery solved? No idea. Yesterday buttons wouldn’t even register and couldn’t complete 1 game, today played great and what a fun game! Hoping for more days like today.

Mine had a problem with the shaker motor freezing the game. Same thing, video kept going, but lights froze and no buttons worked. Disabled the shaker and the game played perfectly. I'd heard of others with different coils causing the game to freeze and they fixed it by replacing the USB cable between the PC and the Warden board under the playfield. So I replaced mine and the shaker issue went away. Give it a try and report back. It's a common USB-A to USB-B (printer) cable.

3 weeks later
#7551 7 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Crazy...looks like a prototype backglass.

Can I get one? The intro on the original series doesn't have a dash.

#7575 7 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

We know. Don't get me wrong WB has been great, but in general I think licensing is a lot more complicated then most realize.

I figured as much, which is probably why you had to put the new Scooby logo in the bottom corner, correct?

#7576 7 months ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Guys, I'm SUPER on the fence about buying this game. Played it at SFGE and just loved it. I've owned over 75 pins but never purchased a NIB one. Please talk me out of buying this game... ;P

This was my first NIB game too. Since you love it, I don't know what's stopping you. Especially since it's even better than it was at SFGE.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 26.50
$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
8,500 (OBO)
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dothedoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all?tu=dothedoo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.