(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,653 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Pinstym
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6192 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #224 Tracker sheet Posted by La4s (1 year ago)

Post #600 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (RnM) Posted by manadams (1 year ago)

Post #601 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (Ultraman) Posted by RussMyers (1 year ago)

Post #1021 IE Pinball streaming an early production Scooby. Posted by Morgoth00 (1 year ago)

Post #1671 Topper height measured. Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #1678 Overall height of game with topper. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Post #1792 Mystery machine scoop rejects - flipper power fix Posted by Sethman (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Backbox width measured. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider var1abl3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#116 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I’ll have to download a phone app. I know I used to use one for my roof measurements and they were always pretty good for that so I’m sure with the new phone they work well

I just use an Android app called "Pinball Leveller" and it has helped me level out all my games when they first get setup. Just make sure and calibrate it on a known level surface first.

1 week later
#515 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Saw this gameplay video posted by great American pinball

So, why aren't the speaker grill lights doing anything in this video? I bought my R&M from the original buyer and for some insane reason he didn't get the light up speakers and I hate it.

#1142 1 year ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Got 58 set up today, seems to be no physical issues in the first

Nice! Thanks for sharing the good news. I'll have a similar Spooky lineup when 224 comes home, except I've got UM.

#1600 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

The flippers don't have adjustable power on HWN ?

Power, and many other basic settings were NOT in UM/HWN until this most recent update. So for the last couple of years there was no power (or any other) adjustments available. Now they are all there.

1 week later
#2037 1 year ago
Quoted from kevster:

Alright folks, I might need some talking down.

I own two Spooky games, a R&M I bought from the original owner and a UM BSE we bought NIB through Kingpin. We have had no major issues with either game and the minor ones we had were resolved very quickly (and FREE) by Spooky (both issues were LED related so had no impact on actual gameplay). We ordered a Scooby day one from the same distro and can't wait.

To ease your worries, look at ANY other pinball machine's club thread and see about the issues they all faced. These are complex machines and there are LOTS of moving parts, not everything can be perfect everytime. But, at least in the case of Spooky they will bend over backwards to fix any issues IF you face any. Also, keep in mind the bias of Pinside, there are over 100 games out there and maybe 6 stories of concerning issues. People are FAR more likely to complain when they have a problem then they are to praise when everything works.

If you aren't taking out a second mortgage to get Scooby you can rest assured your game will be great and your service from Spooky will be stellar.

#2191 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

If people complain bout sloppy soldering on Spooky games, take a look at the soldering on some of the LED lamp boards in my GZ - blobby solder, not enough solder, drips. Sloppy jobs.

That is a terrible experience! I am happy I have never had anything like that happen on NIB or Used games. I am very curious - and think it would be very telling - to know how they support you in fixing all these issues. Have you called Customer Service? Were they helpful? Do you expect the parts you need to fix this in the next few days? I ask because I still think the service Spooky provides far outweighs ANY potential issues a new game might have ... But I am a biased Spooky owner

1 week later
#2677 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

What would a surge do to harm a game? I plug mine straight into a wall outlet (3).

Newer games like Scooby have computers in them and Surges can kill computers. Plust your power supply on ALL games is at risk from a surge which will at least cost you down-time.

#2680 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

4 pins per, Zero issues. Each line r is on its own breaker so 4 pins per breaker as well. During tournaments i have had all 4 games being played at the same time without issue.

Pinball games sip power once they are booted up, the strain to your electrical circuits is during boot time. Like most computers and appliances Pinball tables will draw several AMPS upon boot for up to 30 seconds. So, what is important in this situation is staggering them as you turn them on. I have a separate smart plug for each game in my house and I either just boot up the one I want to play or have a little "sequence" I can run in my smart home app that will boot them all up with one minute delay.

#2708 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Is it not safe to turn 8 on at the same time on a 20 amp? My electrician didn’t tell me not too when he installed the plugs and he knew exactly what was getting connected.

Sounds like you had you home circuit breaker updated to do 20 amps per plug, typically it is 15 and so 3 machines max per outlet (to be booted simultaneously). With 20 amp you should be save with up to FOUR machines. BUT, I am not an electrician, I just don't want to pop a circuit because I needed to boot them all at once.

#2921 1 year ago
Quoted from SpacelySpliffs:

Got notice and invoice saying #241 is on the line!

Just keep in mind that you still have a while to wait. I got the "final bill" email 2 weeks ago (for 224) but as of today haven't heard anything more on shipping or progress.

#2928 1 year ago

I figure its still 3-4 weeks from being here. Just reporting for those that are tracking progress.

Not 30 minutes after I posted it had been two weeks since the notification, I got an email with the shipping charges invoice on SD224 so hopefully they are moving along fast over there. My fingers are crossed for a shipping notice next week, even though I expect it will be a couple more.

#3061 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

She's a beaut, Clark!

But the serious question is where did you get that key holder? I need that

#3068 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Spooky had them up for sale a few years ago. I’m a fanboy.

Lol, I'm definitely a fan boy too, have a bunch of wearable merch and a few Fang Club things. Not to mention a few of their games.

#3077 1 year ago
Quoted from randomlogin:

The right flipper button has popped out during gameplay twice in like eight games.

I don't have my SD yet, but this happened in my UM and it was a simple fix. Near the plastic nut that holds the button on should have a short wood screw to keep it from turning. Look at the other button and see if there's something missing on the one breaking.

#3218 1 year ago
Quoted from Jigz:

#184 arrived safely today - almost have it in it's spot

Awesome, getting so close to 224. I'm guessing it's getting made this week so hopefully I get that sweet shipping notification soon.

#3345 1 year ago

Just got the notice that #224 is on the truck headed for Colorado!!!

#3380 1 year ago

Our game shipped earlier this week and yesterday I got a call from R&L and they setup an "appointment" with me for Monday (like a cable installer) between 10a and 4p. But, my question is, how likely are they to actually keep that appointment? I need to arrange helpers, as there is NO way I'm getting a 300lb machine up the entry stairs (only 4) and into the house without help. But, on the other hand I have trouble trusting that appointment is real. Any insights? If the appointment holds 224 will be in my house Monday!!

#3398 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

And just to confirm for the most part whoever is delivering the game is only going to leave it in my driveway, sidewalk etc correct? They will not deliver into my home?

When UM was delivered we got the delivery guy to wheel the game up to the bottom of the front stairs. He didn't seem interested in helping me get it inside and rushed off. But, if you do get their help, or even just hire some house movers, I agree that you should try and keep it on the pallet and in the box while bringing it in. I am lucky to have a couple of nearby Pinball friends who are FAR more experienced than I am who will be here to help Monday.

#3491 1 year ago

Well, R&L appointments are NOT guaranteed. I spent the weekend moving pins and getting ready for the delivery THEY scheduled for today but they called my about five minutes ago and said "the package didn't get to the terminal early enough to go out today" even though they've had it since Saturday. Hopefully the new appointment holds .

If so we'll be rocking Scooby TOMORROW!

#3521 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Spooky good about shipping missing things. I had a few missing minor parts on tna and shipped fast. Took stern 1.5 yrs to ship the Godzilla plastics I ordered and paid $200 for

This is the most important part! No NIB game is going to be perfect 100% of the time, the real difference between Spooky and the others is that Spooky WILL fix the problem right away and will bend over backwards to get you the stuff you need. I have a friend with an LE JJP GnR and he has multiple PF and part issues and so far JJP has only replied with radio silence, for years. I had an issue with my second hand, out of warranty, Rick and Morty and Spooky quickly replied got me up and running and sent me a free replacement part even though I fully expected to pay since I was out of warranty.

#3565 1 year ago

Got a very large package delivered a few minutes ago. Luckily it's nice out today as the movers are still 30 minutes out. I'll share more once I get it inside and set up.

20230411_115333 (resized).jpg20230411_115333 (resized).jpg
#3571 1 year ago

Okay, sorry I didn't see all your questions and I totally should have let you know the number. We got Scooby-Doo CE number 224 around noon today. An hour later the movers I hired got here (I have a bad back thanks to moving pinballs around) and they got it inside with no issues. I had them set it on my Harbor Freight table lift and they were done. I then lifted the table put on the legs and started a thorough inspection to see if there was any damage.

Only MINOR damage occurred inside the PF area, I have two cracked plastics, one of the black hands by the apron broke off and the plastic that covers the bravery meter was cracked. Spooky already boxed up replacements for me and I should have them soon.

The other two "issues" were more a matter of me taking a little time. One was the Backbox keys had slipped off the hook inside the coin door, AJ suggested they may be behind the power supply, turned out they were wedged between two of the habitrails on the right side. That is when I found my last issue, the orange ramp that connects to the apron had come unhooked from the standup and was wiggling around loose. BUT, all I had to do was screw that back in and the game is working PERFECT. No mechanical issues, did NOT need to adjust anything for the launch to work. Overall BEAUTIFUL game and after I have a few dozen more plays I will share my review.

20230411_140307 (resized).jpg20230411_140307 (resized).jpg20230411_140309 (resized).jpg20230411_140309 (resized).jpg20230411_144408 (resized).jpg20230411_144408 (resized).jpg
#3589 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

How did the plastic hand get broken? The inside door keys came off the hook and the wireform came loose. All issues in the same area. When a game of that weight gets set down too hard, lots of things move and flex. No way I believe a Spooky employee just screwed that down until it broke and said "oh well".

Wow, you all got worked up over the plastics. I'm sure the game was banged around a little in shipping - the pallet itself was missing a board. Also the R&L truck itself had a messed up gate lift - it wouldn't go all the way up - so he had to shove it around. The box was fine and the tip and tells were not blue inside the arrows.

Overall, the game is very well made and despite a rough journey is completely perfectly playable. I'm still getting a feel for it and learning the rules, but regardless of how the damage happened it did not ruin my experience or excitement. This game, while heavy as hell, is amazing.

#3605 1 year ago

Thanks BOTH for the offer. I went with movers because in rearranging all my other pins over the weekend - to make room for Scooby - I messed up by back pretty bad. I didn't feel bad "watching" the movers carry this beast into the house, but if it was friends or friendly strangers I wouldn't have been able to sit out the lifting part.

Next time I will make sure and ask before I pay movers. But, if you are in the Dever area I can HIGHLY recommend using "Three Men and a Duck Moving Services" the foreman even had extensive pinball moving experience and it took them all of 15 minutes - and they came out on less than 2 hours notice.

#3607 1 year ago

LoL, maybe he used creatine

Stong Duck (resized).jpgStong Duck (resized).jpg
#3616 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

We have new code out to beta testers now. In addition to the "fun stuff", this code release includes a software fix that greatly reduces the stress of repeat coil fires on the transistors on the Warden. I've been trying really hard to blow a coil or transistor on the beta code and, thankfully, I haven't been successful.

Glad for the bug fixes and I am sure that is the bulk of the hard work, but I am REALLY curious what "fun stuff" we can expect from the next update??

#3624 1 year ago

After a couple of days and a bunch of plays Scooby-Doo is AMAZING! So much fun, and so much potential for even more fun. We've had no problems so far.

I did take the "Flower magnet" idea and put some of those on some of the green parts. Also got some purple slime from Back alley (still debating how many flowers to keep on the coin door). I also got the rock trail which I'll install next time I take the glass off.
20230412_175451 (resized).jpg20230412_175451 (resized).jpg
20230412_175529 (resized).jpg20230412_175529 (resized).jpg
As with all our games, we put a throw blanket over them to keep dust from accumulating. Here's Scooby-Doo and R&M covered up. Cheaper and better looking than the foam mats IMHO, but not as protective if you put things on your games
20230412_180631 (resized).jpg20230412_180631 (resized).jpg

#3631 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Love the blanket but we bought the pinshields for all our games recently. I am always setting things down on the glass and they are huge help when you need to go in backbox and have to lay down the DMD/Speaker panel

Totally understand, I have an old yoga mat I put on a game (over the glass) if I'm working on the one next it. Or, if I'm working in or laying down the backbox. But these games are right inside the house so the blankets look pretty

#3635 1 year ago
Quoted from piratepwnsninja:

Ohh, happen to have a link to that Scooby one?

Here is that one, there's a bunch of other options on Amazon too.

Warner Brothers Scooby-Doo, "Whole Gang" Micro Raschel Throw Blanket, 46" x 60", Multi Color https://a.co/d/eJ2PzUO

#3644 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Scooby is fine with stock monitor,

The Scooby-Doo monitor seems brighter than how it initially looked in UM and R&M. But, IMHO a few minor adjustments to the monitor settings helped a TON on the last two games. Haven't seen any need to change settings on SD yet.

My understanding is unless your over 6 feet tall the screen angles are fine. If you're a basketball player or something then the upgrade might be worthwhile.

#3687 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Can't wait to hear from those with games trying it out.

I will try it out this afternoon and let you know how it goes. Only had four days on the original code, but still excited for Scooby Snack Multi Ball, I had 97 snacks in a game last night (hit my best so far of 2.5 million).

#3707 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

This update certainly checks a LOT of boxes both in terms of fixes and FUN!!!! Well worth the wait. Great playing! Going to get a lot of play this weekend. Going to have our own version of a Scooby mini-launch with friends (homestyle). Thanks, Spooky!

I installed the update over lunch, and it is MUCH easier and smoother than the updates for UM and RM. I did NOT lose my high scores and all the lower flipper hold power was set to "normal" by default so no more whine. I am excited to be done with work so I can deep dive into this update!

#3709 1 year ago

I am upset that the scores don’t reset!!!!!

I'm pretty sure you can reset them in the menu. I like having high scores higher than I've ever done, gives me something to work towards.

Got my R&M used and it still has the GC by someone I barely know. So far I've gotten to within 5mil points of beating it.

#3712 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Cheap little lock down bar mod. Would prefer clearer stickers but this was the best I could find on Etsy.

These could be magnets, and it looks cool.

#3723 1 year ago

Finally got to play some after the update. The improvements are awesome. But, my action button, topper, and speakers aren't lighting anymore. I tried the "turn on all LEDs" option but they didn't respond. Also tried the button inside the backbox.

Totally plays fine so not overly concerned, but any ideas are appreciated

#3725 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Did you re-boot your machine after pressing the button?

Just did, didn't help. Maybe I pressed it twice. I'll press it once before dinner and turning it off. Maybe that will help.

Do I need to hold that little button down for a specific amount of time or just press it?

#3759 1 year ago
Quoted from Ckcoinop:

Found the issue, Right Lock and Right Jam were swapped. Looked under the playfield and the wires were labeled incorrectly and plugged into the wrong spot. Swapped the connectors and the lock now works properly.

Well, you are AWESOME! Turns out my game (224) also had this exact same problem. Wires were labeled and plugged in "right" but were reversed. Swapped them and got right into SSMB.

Holding the specified button while booting did turn on other lights (topper etc.). They are now blue.

#3761 1 year ago

Are they staying blue? Mine did that and had to reboot the game and press and hold the white button down again. Then would cycle through the colors again.

They did stay blue, and only blue, upon the last boot. It's off ATM but I'll try pressing that button again next time I turn it on.

Question: after I get these working right I shouldn't need to do this every time? I sure hope not.

#3763 1 year ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Looks great. Easy to update code but have no lower play field insert lights working. Looked for loose cables. Did not find any. Help

That really sucks If there's no loose connections, which it sounds like there aren't, maybe try in the menu. There's a section in there called "LEDs" and in there an option to "Turn on All LEDs", does that help?

#3808 1 year ago

I've been pleased with this game so far. Played a ton yesterday and today and haven't had to remove the glass or reset it once.

I did get a surprise multiball on ONE game. I was in the space kook mode got a ball through the spinner into MM and it both kicked a ball from the MM and the regular launch. It didn't say anything about MB but it did NOT end my ball when one of them drained so im not sure what happened.

#3856 1 year ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I must be really dense as I'm just not getting it. I took the glass off and for sure had > 4 scooby snacks as the monitor said +1 scooby snack added at least 3 times and +2 scooby snacks added also, so quick math tells me that's at least 4.

I then pushed down a drop target and had the ball go behind the gate into the VUK. It came up to the bat wing on the left side, the lock light flashed blue a few times and then the bat wing pushed the ball to the flipper. The light then stopped flashing. I even tried swapping the G & H wires that fixed an issue someone else was having.

What the heck am I missing?

After you get your fourth Scooby Snack someone (I believe Fred) will pop up and say something like "You've qualified the apron lock, get a ball into the apron lock". AFTER you've seen that clip or heard that callout the lights beside the apron locks will turn green (indicated they are active) at which point getting a ball either into that VUK behind the drops or into the middle entrance on the upper PF will feed the ball to one of the locks. After one is locked you have to get some number MORE scooby snacks to qualify the other one.

If yours is just kicking the ball from either lock then maybe you aren't on the latest code? The issue I and some others had was with the RIGHT wing only and swapping the Opto plugs fixed that issue for me. Or maybe there is an issue with your optos. But, did you ever get that callout/video telling you to lock in the apron?

#3882 1 year ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

How long does the update take? Software loaded (yellow lights then green). Turned off for a minute then back on. Back up completed then screen went dark and has been for about 15 minutes. Playfield lights are out too. Back glass light and coin door lights are on

Mine did that too, then I realized I'd left the USB drive in there. Turned it off, took out the USB drive and it booted right up.

#3945 1 year ago
Quoted from TSB_:

I play mine in the dark, and the only thing not lit up enough (for me, personally) is the art blades and behind the Mystery Machine. All that great art! None of that effects my gameplay, though.

We play in a dark room too and the PF is plenty well lit. The only thing I'd change is the back right corner. I bought the "Rock trail" from Backalley and while they looks AWESOME you basically can't see them when the game is on or off, they are tucked under the back box.

Unlike Rick and Morty, there aren't any modes that cause ALL the lights to turn off leaving you blind and the spotlights are on basically all the time.

#3957 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

The left outlanes get most of my balls

I'm thinking about moving or adding a post too.

#3961 1 year ago
Quoted from taz:

It looks really difficult to move due to a board underneath. I'd like to hear if anyone has bright ideas on how to do this without too much work

Agreed, I popped up the PF over the weekend to move those posts and saw those middle outlane posts are long and act as standoffs for the PCBs.

So, I'm thinking I'll take two more identical posts and put them in the empty hole. That way I can avoid messing with the PCBs and I can just use t'nuts (or whatever the flat nuts usually used on these posts are called). I'll report how it works out.

#3989 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Owning Rick & Morty has my brain reaching for the Anti Gravity button on all pins when the ball gets near an outlane

Lol, I am constantly reaching for that mag save button. But, Scooby-Doo seems to have a lot less right-side drains.

#3999 1 year ago
Quoted from Jigz:

In case anyone missed it - there was a bit of a silent Scooby update yesterday of bug fixes.

https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/

I didn't notice this till you posted, so thanks! I did install the update on my game and it went even more smoothly than the previous update. I plugged in the USB with just the new update on it, powered up the game and was easily able to start the update in the menu. This time when it finished I got a message on the screen "Update Finished, Remove USB and Restart the Game". Last time, I don't remember that "remove the USB" part, and forgot to do that, so it didn't boot right the first boot after the last update. I also had issues with my topper, etc. lights that did NOT happen with this update.

#4012 1 year ago

On the outlane posts - I'm planning to add two identical posts in the empty holes - what are the rubber washers? I have to hit the HW store for the right size tee nuts anyway.
20230419_183827 (resized).jpg20230419_183827 (resized).jpg
I also got the replacement "hand" plastic from Spooky the other day. Does anyone have a good method of bending this properly? Maybe a heat gun and the rounded edge of something .
20230419_184724 (resized).jpg20230419_184724 (resized).jpg

#4063 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Is there a secret multiball tied to skill shots?

Ball 1 I launched and had the drop targets as skill shot. The ball bounced off the first drop target and hit the middle sling and flung back and forth between the drop targets and middle sling. There was no call out or display but the machine suddenly fed out 2 more balls. It seemed aware of the 2 extra balls because when I lost 2 of the 3 the game continued until I finally drained the 3rd ball

This exact same thing happened to me about an hour ago. Got the Drops Sklill shot and it bounced between them and the right sling and suddenly I got a 3 ball mutiball. Maybe super skill shot multi ball

#4089 1 year ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

So, whaddya think?

Nice! I was going to heat and bend my black hand replacement this weekend, but now I want those. If you need someone to test them, I'm in . Otherwise, I think I'll just wait for a set if these to fix the broken hand.

#4094 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Put the playfield up against the backbox and see if they hit or will break. Stock ones do and yours don't look as flexible and will probably snap

I bought a piece of pipe insulation - like a foam tube - and cut it to slightly smaller that the top lip of the backbox. I just keep that foam with my blade protectors and pop the foam onto the back and then there's a cushion for the hands to rest on.

#4121 1 year ago

I finally took the time to move the posts to the "easy" position. It wasn't as difficult as it looked since both PCBs that are in the way only have a few standoff type screws. Beyond that moving them was simple. Finally I can not worry about the ball getting tangled up in the drops and draining out the left.

I also installed the 3d sign and gate mods as well as the new "hand" I got from Spooky. The mods were super simple, just a handful of screws. The hand required a heat gun to bend into position, but it too was easier than anticipated.

#4270 12 months ago

I found a different padding to use on the top of the backbox to protect the hands. Before I had a big piece of foam like a pool noodle. But, I had to take it on and off so I found this.

uxcell Foam Tubing for Handle Grip Support, Pipe Insulation, 10mm(3/8") ID 20mm OD 1m Length Black https://a.co/d/j9DbExO

As you can see in the pictures, the new foam is small and less obtrusive.

20230426_190408 (resized).jpg20230426_190408 (resized).jpg20230426_190417 (resized).jpg20230426_190417 (resized).jpg
#4450 11 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Does anyone know how to remove the upper pf with all of these wires?

Fortunately (knock on wood) I haven't had to take my upper off. But, if it's like the uppers in UM and some other games the slack to pull it up is tied up underneath the PF. I bet there's a bundle with 8 inches or a foot of cable that's cable tied into other wires. Take some pictures and snip the ties to get room to work. Good luck

#4507 11 months ago

Interesting. So it does still drain pretty regularly even in the top position? When I test fitted mine, the ball had literally about 1/32" of room between the rubbers. I thought to myself, that's way too tight, it will never drain on the left if I do that.

I moved my posts to the "easy" position and still drain the outlanes - but probably less than the default position.

#4562 11 months ago

Last night had to turn up power on ball launch coil. It wasn’t ejecting on to the playfield consistently 1/5 times. Anyone else having this issue creep up?

My fiance claims the launch has not worked for her a few times recently. She said it was a ball save and it took a few tries to get out of the launch.

Maybe after some games the forks spread out or something. I'll report if I see the problem myself or it happens to her again.

#4643 11 months ago

I can't keep the ball on the upper playfield more than a minute or so. Not sure how you're accomplishing that,

You and I must have similar play styles because you always say what I'm thinking in here. I do not think the upper is "easy" and I also DON'T think Cuttler MB is too easy to start - I've only started it a few times, but have had MM and SS all the time.

#4697 11 months ago

Topper question. Does the lighting color change on the topper at any point? My topper LEDs only light up blue and never change colors. Curious if I have an issue or if that is just how it is?

This is a known problem that has a simple fix. Next time you boot up the game open the backbox and hold the little button on the board next to the computer - only board in the backbox. Once the game boots let go of the button, close the backbox and it should work for good from here (just a one time fix).

#4705 11 months ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

This has to be to good to be true.
Only 2 days for delivery!!
I’m supposedly the 9th stop today.
Could it really happen??!

I was SHOCKED how quickly mine went from pickup to delivery. It was picked up on a Friday and I had it Tuesday (and that was only because I could not take delivery on the Monday). R&L seems to have gotten better (knock on wood).

#4709 11 months ago

I got the alert that my new 3D hands from NinjaCamp arrived today! I'll share pics once I grab the mail and install them tomorrow morning.

#4715 11 months ago

Got a couple of fun things in the mail today. I'll take some glass-off pics of all the mods after I install these tomorrow.

20230505_190912 (resized).jpg20230505_190912 (resized).jpg
#4739 11 months ago

Took some time to install the new NinjaCamp 3D hand mods, as well as some silhouette stickers on the lockdown bar. Also took a couple glass-off pics of the gate mod and sign mods I installed a couple weeks ago.

20230506_154139 (resized).jpg20230506_154139 (resized).jpg20230506_154242 (resized).jpg20230506_154242 (resized).jpg20230506_154322 (resized).jpg20230506_154322 (resized).jpg20230506_154350 (resized).jpg20230506_154350 (resized).jpg20230506_160605 (resized).jpg20230506_160605 (resized).jpg
#4774 11 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Can we update to new code before receiving the new light board

That's a good question and maybe I should have thought to ask before I hurried to download and install the new code. I only played one quick game and I had to get back to work, but I don't have the new board and everything seems fine.

#4881 11 months ago
Quoted from Stuby-Doo:

Noticed that the orange wire form wasn't attached and can't find the screw anywhere.

This was the only problem with 224 as well. The Orange wireform just screws onto that standoff on top of the sling plastic. It does look like the screw is missing but it is just a simple machine screw. If you don't have any spare screws take off that standoff and take it with you to a hardware store and for $0.03 you can get your game up and running.

Note: When you do reattach the orange wireform check that a ball can easily pass through it. I had to bend one of the tines toward the apron so the ball would flow smoothly after I reattached it.

#5073 11 months ago

I just had the best game I've ever had on Scooby-Doo. Played as Daphne, completed 6 modes (with unmask) and 35 snacks. On top of that I had two MMMB and a SSMB. Overall amazing game and I can't wait for the next set of modes.

20230517_181320 (resized).jpg20230517_181320 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#5326 11 months ago
Quoted from Mando:

Anyone know if it’s safe to downgrade code?

Pretty sure it's set up to allow this. I have the last three updates on my thumb drive (at least till the next UM update) and whenever I add a new one it lists all on the drive as choices.

#5331 11 months ago

Still absolutely loving our SD, it's getting played several times a day and if I didn't gave to work it would be a lot more.

I have, however, noted that our game is in need of some switch adjustments. Part of this is obvious and with the leaf tool I have fixing the slings - making them more sensitive - will be straightforward.

Where I'm unsure is what to fix to get rid of excessive, "I'm not impressed" call outs. I'm sure there is a sticky switch or opto but im just not sure what triggers that to start my inspection. Anyone have any idea what I need to adjust?

If not I'll report back what I find so we have that documented.

#5360 11 months ago

I took the glass off and tested for the "sad scooby/not impressed" switch issue. I can make it trigger only by hitting the left flipper. No points are added, but I get constant disappointment from Scooby and Daphne cause that switch constantly triggers.

I checked - glass off - and cannot get any of the switches on the upper PF to make these sounds. I thought it was the upper exit gate, but it doesn't trigger those call outs. I took a little video if that helps, but cant add it to a post. But if anyone knows the specific switch that triggers this maybe there's a crossed wire or something.

Another instance where a simple operation manual would be amazing.

#5362 11 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I don't know if any manual would have what sound effects are caused by which switch.

You're absolutely right, that's something too simple to change in code to include in schematics. I'll reach out to spooky and just continue enjoying the hell out of this game.

#5392 11 months ago
Quoted from kevster:

As for tweaking switches, are you talking about increasing the sensitivity of the upper playfield sling?

That just made me think of something: I wonder if decreasing the upper sling on the main playfield would result in fewer insta drains to the ruh roh outlanes...

I pulled the PF up on my SD over the weekend and tweaked all the sling leaf switches to be more sensitive and the difference in gameplay is literally night and day. Previously the switches on all four slings (including the passive sling on the upper) only reacted if the ball hit them pretty hard and there was easily 2 or 3mm between tines. Using my switch adjustment tool from Pinball life I was able to move all these to within half a mm and the slings are SO much better now. Overall the game is much more "exciting" and the active slings helped me spawn a LOT more Scooby Snacks leading to my best game so far with 81 Scooby Snacks, 3 MMMB, 2 SSMB, at least played every mode with a few unmaskings, to get 9.8million for a new GC.

So, I highly recommend checking your leaf switches on the slings since 20 minutes adjusting these can make this an even better game.

#5394 11 months ago
Quoted from Master_of_Trolls:

Could you please include a link for that tool. Doing a search on Pinball Life did not find anything for 'switch adjustment tool?' Thanks!

Below is a link to the tool, it is a super simple bar with some slits cut into it. But, they have thought it out well and the angles are perfect to get into those hard-to-reach spaces under a Pinball PF.

https://www.pinballlife.com/ultimate-leaf-adjuster-tool.html

#5396 11 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

A note to newbies though - don’t adjust your switches with the power on - if your metal tool touches a coil lug or other power source while adjusting, boom goes your switch network. Seen it happen … it’s very easy to do.

Yes, what he said! Unplug the game, adjust the switches, and then to be sure none are CLOSED or too close, test it with the glass off. So, after you are done adjusting and put the PF back into playing position you can power it up without the glass and make sure the switches are good to go.

In general I would not recommend doing anything (unless absolutely necessary) under the PF with the game on, if you do you are gonna have a bad time and a sad day when a short bricks your 10k game.

#5447 10 months ago

Heads up, there is new Scooby Code (6/2) on the Spooky support page now.

#5450 10 months ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

How do you guys do that!?

LoL, today it was just luck and boredom. I saw earlier DJs post telling someone with a new SD to NOT get used to this version of the code. I figured that meant it would show up any minute so I have been checking the support page every so often all day and BOOM there is was.

You guys are AWESOME! New light boards, new code, this game just keeps getting better!

#5461 10 months ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

How far along are the new light boards, as far as what #'s have been shipped out already? I'm #251 so wondering when I should be on the lookout for my new board.

I just got my light board this week and I'm 224. So, I'd guess you'll get it soon. I didn't get any tracking or anything, it just showed up in the mail.

#5491 10 months ago

Anyone else notice that now during attract mode when it has the lightning, now the topper is timed with the flash and the apron lock "wings" flap too. Super cool little touch. Can't wait to see what else Spooky has in store.

#5553 10 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Unfortunately I had to opt to pick up at the terminal when it arrives so that I can arrange moving help but no big deal.

This was a big concern for me too, I was given a "note" from my doctor to not lift anything over FIVE pounds, so there was literally no way I could get this beast into the house. So, I made arrangements with some friends for the confirmed delivery date, of course the shipping company had other ideas and delayed by a day screwing up everything. But, I - at the last minute - called a local moving company and for $100 bucks they sent two very strong guys who carefully took my game inside (a half dozen outside steps) and set it on my trusty HF Table Lift. Hiring pros had the additional advantage of letting me NOT feel guilty when they were carrying and I was "supervising".

#5557 10 months ago
Quoted from alexorear:

I have also hired a moving company but it's gonna cost more than $100. I'm ok with it though. I hate moving modern games. EMs are much easier to remove IMO.

I am surprised it's more than $100 of all they are moving is ONE game. I paid for the full hour, but from them pulling up to the game on my lift table was MAYBE 20 minutes and they took off. If they are charging more than maybe $120/hr you might want to call around, especially if you only need them to take if from the curb to the house. Of course, if your game room is in the attic or a narrow basement it will take longer and the price might be justified.

#5569 10 months ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

Anyone having issues with Auto launcher?
Mine was consistently launching then got intermittent with soft plunges and now if we play a good amount of games it fails more than not.
Launch mech is sloppy with lots of play

In the last couple of days I have started to have this exact problem. I don't have a ton of play in my mech and the forks look centered, but like yours, our launch is inconsistent lately. What's frustrating is that about half the time (lately) the launches are perfect, and there doesn't seem to be any pattern to the weak plunges.

I've seen mention of a potential to add some washers to the launcher and some have said the problem resolved itself. If it is still acting up tonight I will reach out to Spooky tomorrow.

#5600 10 months ago

We just installed the 6/2 update today. Prior to this, we had zero shooter problems. Immediately after updating, the shooter started failing to hit the ball hard enough 80-90% of the time. Gotta be a software issue. spooky_dj SpookyBug

Yes, did not have this shooter lane issue till the most recent update. It works 100% of the time in switch test and intermittent issues during gameplay.

#5626 10 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

It works flawlessly in coil test but not during game play. So my EE mind leads me down the software path.

I am having the exact same issue, never had an issues with the launch until the update and it still works 100% of the time in switch test. I still need to check that it's perfectly centered and someone else suggested that possibly the switch inside the lane might be causing the hangup, just haven't had time but will check tonight and hopefully I can play this amazing game again.

#5665 10 months ago

Finally got a little time to try the suggested fixes for the launch issues I've been having since the most recent update. First I reset all coils to default but that made no difference. Launch still worked in test and not during gameplay.

Next I tried just upping the launch coil power (this was after I triple checked the issue couldn't possibly be mechanical) and that finally seems to be working. In the end I upped the coil to 90% and its gotten all launches on a handful of games since then. Hopefully it was just an odd SW thing and this fixes it.

#5691 10 months ago
Quoted from jjmf:

I too am running into the same issue. Updated the code to the latest version as well. It'll be OK for a couple of games, then consistently won't launch.

Yep, I thought I was good upping power to 90 but after a handful of games this evening the launch got weaker until I had to turn off the game.

#5767 10 months ago
Quoted from kezorm:

Turns out there is a shaker power level adjust. Who knew? I just reduced power to 20% (was at 50% which tried to shake the entire machine apart). Better, but still too aggressive on spinner shots. Ends up with annoying whole machine shake as the spinner winds down. Agree with others that I don't want spinner shake. I don't like it. Unfortunately I'll be leaving the shaker completely off for now.

My fiance (who loves pinball) complained relentlessly about shakers in games and even refused to let me add one to our Rick and Morty that we bought second hand. Finally, when Ultraman came in (with a shaker installed) I was able to prove to her that the shaker is amazing and that the only reason she had a bias against them (like many of you seem to) is because she had NEVER played a game with a properly adjusted shaker.

The KEY is to open up the shaker motor (remove the plastic cover with the game unplugged) and change the orientation of the weights on the axle. Just loosen the locking screw (small Allen Key) and set the weights so they are opposite each other. This will change the shake from an INTENSE machine-breaking shake to just a nice rumble closer to the feel of your phone vibrating. So, before you decide you hate shakers or need them disabled, maybe take 5 minutes to adjust the weights to make that part of the game work. It's like turning down the bass on a stereo so you can hear the other frequencies.

#5773 10 months ago
Quoted from qbass187:

They picked it up on 6/07.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a delivery from that short a distance take that long.

I can't believe they would WANT to be responsible for a $10k box if they can just give it to you. I know R&L is always really anxious to get it out of their hands ASAP. The longer they have it the more likely they will be on the hook for damages.

#5858 10 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

We love our game but the launcher issues and resetting into the service menu issues are driving us nuts.

I had launcher issues recently, after the previous update, but they seem to have been resolved by simply upping the power to the launcher. I still get maybe 1 out of 10 that don't clear the launch, but at least most do. Spooky told me the best way to diagnose and fix the issues (if they persist with me) is to use the SLOW MOTION feature of your phone (or a better camera if you have one) to record the launch at as many FPS as you can. Then play it back super slow and you should see what is causing the wonk.

As for the switch that is acting up: I had an issue with the upper PF drain switch, it was ALWAYS on. I turned on "stuck switch test" and then bent the leaf on the switch until it only activated when a ball goes through.

For that inside door switch, I would turn the game on in Switch test and bang on the PF and the sides and see if you can make that trigger. If so, the switch may be bad, or more likely needs adjusted.

Good luck, after I fixed the launch hand upper drain my game is 100% more amazing!

#5863 10 months ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

That would be pretty rad. Wonder if it would make sense for the 'easy/medium/hard' to be an 'in game' feature you select like right when you choose your character? This way if in a 2-3 player game there are two people that want to choose Shaggy...one can be 'easy' and one can be 'medium'.

This is what GoldenEye does, when you start a game you chose "beginner" or "normal" game.

#5899 10 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

is so annoying we actually turned the shaker off which sucks because we definitely liked it for hitting cutler and hurry ups etc We basically hate the spinner shaker combo. Sorry Spooky.

Have you adjusted the weights in your shaker? It take five minutes and it's a night and day difference.

#5902 10 months ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

What did you do to adjust it?

With the game off, lift the PF and remove the plastic cover on the shaker. Then balance the weights by loosening the retention screw one one of the weights till you can rotate it 180 degrees. Make sure you secure the retention screw tight and replace the cover and you'll like the shaker a lot more.

#5915 10 months ago
Quoted from gorditas:

If the weights are equal, having them 180 degrees offset would be balanced, would it not?

Yes, and if you don't want your machine shaking out the screws I would balance them. I have all my games balanced and the shakers are more of a vibration (like a phone) than a SHAKE. Obviously this is preference, but before I balanced the weights in my Ultraman I was having connectors come loose and my neighbors would complain (I'm in a condo) about the shaking - oddly they never say anything about the other noises. Side note: My fiance was vehemently against shakers when we met, after showing her the power of a well-balanced shaker she's a fan now. IMHO, I prefer a balanced shaker than NO shaker.

#5964 10 months ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

well I don’t trust the movers to get it down the stairs without breaking it so I’m just worried about them breaking it moving it down the stairs

If the backbox is folded down then the topper shouldn't be at risk. I had movers bring mine up the stairs into my place using a furniture dolly and they didn't have any problems.

But, I did look and there's only a few screws so it looks pretty simple to remove.

#6009 10 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

You cannot just remount the light board as the post sticks too far down to do so. You can screw back in 4 of the 5 screws and not screw in the upper right one and let it go but it still puts pressure on the light board ie bends it some.

I moved my posts up a few weeks back and had similar issues. I just checked to make sure the post bolt wasn't pressing against any traces and screwed in as many board mounts as I could.

I thought the solution would be to just change the post to the shorter ones that use a tee nut. But, once I got everything off the teenut I had to fit the posts was way to large to fit. I still think this is the best answer, but I think I'd need to widen the hole under the PF or find smaller post/nut combo. Maybe we just need to cut off the excess on the bolt.

20230624_173105 (resized).jpg20230624_173105 (resized).jpg20230624_173118 (resized).jpg20230624_173118 (resized).jpg
#6024 10 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If you know the connection point for 12v, we can make a kit. Not having the game, or any spooky game, I’m kind of flying blind

All three if my Spooky games have a smaller "breakout" PS with 12v terminals avaliable. It's mounted in the back left bottom of the game and uses screw terminals. Next time I lift the glass on one I'll get a better picture, but it's the same layout as Ultraman and Rick and Morty.

20230625_153405 (resized).jpg20230625_153405 (resized).jpg20230625_153436 (resized).jpg20230625_153436 (resized).jpg
#6136 9 months ago
Quoted from kevster:

Maybe Spooky can un-curse that mode in the next code update? Please and thank you.

I don't see this issue at all with Fred's mode. In fact, I find that is most adaptable mode in the game. You can just do 3 super easy shots and hit the action button to go to step two. As mentioned above, if you play as Fred you get a free shot-spot if your timer is getting low on part 2 hitting the action button moves to the next shot and resets the timer.

I'd recommend practicing EASY traps to finish the mode and build from there.

#6175 9 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Ok. After a few games, I can’t emphasize this “mod” enough! Best $7, 10 minute mod I can imagine (although the $6 bat clings were great too…). The modes where the colors swirl on the speakers really pop now. Must do.

Separate note, my launcher coil went totally weak today. I have been on the latest update since it came out. On a previous update it weakened my coils. I upped the strength to 90 and it seemed fine. Well today it could barely make it up, sometimes taking three tries. I upped it to 100 (max) and it still struggles. Did we get any resolution on this issue?

That does look really good, is there enough in that package to do 3 games? I think this might look good on UM and R&M too. I assume the canvas is porous enough that it doesn't affect the sound.

My game recently developed some launch issues recently too. After taking some slow-motion video of the launch in action it was obvious it was hitting the wall and rattling on unsuccessful launches.

Now whenever the launch gets weak I spread the tines on the launch fork a little bit (like a mm) and it works again for a few weeks. Next time I need to adjust this I am going to try using some reverse plyers to spread them a little more evenly. But, you can spread the tines with your hands to get up and running for now.

#6211 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

ook a slow motion vid of my auto launch. Would be cool if anyone understands the problem after watching it.

I experienced the exact same issue, got our game with beta code and everything was perfect until the Velma update came out. I did the same thing, increased the power to the launch and it worked for a few days (we only play a few game a day). But, as happened with you, we were thwarted as time passed and the launches got weaker and weaker.

Last week I got annoyed enough to reach out to Spooky and after exchanging a handful of emails and a few slow-motion videos of the launch we figured out the problem. I think it is a matter of time till everyone faces these issues because the hardware for the launcher (the fork in particular) isn't nearly as rigid as it needs to be to hold up to repeated launches over months let alone years.

Anyway, I digress, the video you show looks EXACTLY like mine did, the launcher is kicking the ball a LITTLE to the left upon launch and that is killing the momentum because it hits the ejection mech or the end of the left rail. What has worked for me is to bend the tines of the fork out a LITTLE (like a mm or less) and try again. The first time I did this I used my fingers (pulled the PF up to the rails for access) and just pulled them apart a little. This worked for about a week, but my manual adjustment wasn't very accurate or permanent. So, I ordered a set of "reverse plyers" from Amazon (they are often called ring pullers or seal plyers) and with one of them I was able to more evenly bend the forks out and I have had NO issues in the last week.

Unfortunately I think this is a problem with the launch mech and the power it needs to get into the habitrail and that all of us owners will need to adjust the tines every so often. At least until some motivated person on here makes a new stronger and better mech.

#6237 9 months ago
Quoted from ArcadeTechNerd:

My solution was to remove the strip and plane a slight bevel into the last couple of inches of the strip so that the edge at the bottom was slightly behind the metal guide from the ball loader mech (took it down just shy of 1/8th of an inch at the bottom) and have not seen the issue again since! And that was probably 60+ games ago. And once i repainted the strip where I had trimmed it down, you would never see the modification unless you were looking for it.

Wow, I sure hope I don't need to do that. I don't have a belt sander and don't relish pulling the wood rails on such a new game (I've replaced these on old beat up pins). Are they just wood screwed in? I guess I'll need to test this on my game with calipers over the weekend.

#6297 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I just moved the left outpost up to easy, and I'm glad I got to figure out the ruh roh outlane thing before I did that, as it seems I'll never see that ball save again.

That is what I thought when I moved my outlane posts too, but I was wrong. I still get plenty of outlane drains and even get the Ruh-Roh ball save pretty regularly. Granted, before I moved the posts that left outlane was HUNGRY, especially if I went for the drops. The post move did lessen the number of cheap drains I get, I still absolutely get outlane drains - especially after a few games and the rubbers aren't so sticky.

#6301 9 months ago
Quoted from GrooTheWanderer:

I never saw a response to this post. In attract mode, is the game supposed to produce periodic sound effects or callouts either when nothing is touched or when the flippers/lockdown buttons are pressed?

No button reactions in the attract mode, but if you go in a change the "attract mode" settings (there are two and one is set to OFF by default) then you will hear the thunder noise (along with flashes of light) and the bat wings will flap a couple times - like they are startled by the thunder. So far that is all that is in attract mode.

#6310 9 months ago
Quoted from GrooTheWanderer:

Looks great! Just curious - what is it that smooths out the light pattern?

I think that the way it works if the "clear" plastic (which is more milky than clear in reality) acts as a diffuser for the lights - that way you see them more blended rather than shining individual LEDs. If you do a search on Amazon for LED Diffusers you'll see that most of them are made of at "clear/milky" plastic that lets the light shine through without letting the glare of the individual LEDs through. I just got my plastic canvas yesterday and haven't installed it yet, but it looks like the holes on the plastic canvas are roughly the same as the mesh already there.

#6331 9 months ago

Got the notification that my Stumblor Scooby-Doo spot light mod is in the mailbox. I will have to study those monster instructions for a bit and will install them over the weekend. Also excited to play with the "lollypop" board the lantern/spots come with, it looks like this thing has endless options.

#6336 9 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Been busy testing new code.

This is ALWAYS a valid excuse here! Code takes precedence. I also see your R&M house balcony is in even worse shape than mine.

#6338 9 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Per the Rick & Morty. I actually replaced the head because it was splitting apart, but saved the tape from the original head. I should probably get around to making some other repairs, but as you said "code takes precedence".

Oh, I didn't notice the backbox, mine has no issues, I meant the house model at the back. The balcony on yours is missing, mine cracked almost off but I fixed it with some model glue.

I have a fun weekend of work to do on my Scooby-Doo. Phantom lanterns, GITD rubbers, and the plastic mesh mod for the speaker lights.

20230713_121339 (resized).jpg20230713_121339 (resized).jpg

#6350 9 months ago
Quoted from JohnJ1366:

I am running latest code and came from Spooky installed

Ohm / volt meter is kinda above my head

With a whole section out I'd look for any fuses. I haven't had to find them on SD but something like this happened to my R&M and it was a fuse. If you do find them and don't have one of the right size, you can swap them to see if the problem moves.

#6362 9 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I know it scares a lot of people, including me at first. I picked up a $40 heat gun off Amazon and now iI find it really enjoyable.

I was formally trained to solder when I was in the Army as an Electronics Repair Specialist, and they told us point blank (back in 2007) that if a component wasn't "throughole" mounted it was easier to toss the whole board and replace it. Fast-forward almost 16 years and good luck finding anything that still uses that clunky method. A heat gun and a syringe of flux-filled solder is a DREAM. In fact, I would say that SMD soldering can be easier than putting a 50 pin chip into a through-hole board. A few drops of solder paste and a little heat is all it takes.

#6366 9 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

If you want to make a vid or two demonstrating this I'd be very grateful.

Like "good beer for you" grateful.

RM

I could make a video, and maybe I will next time I find something I need to solder like that. BUT, there are endless really well done videos on YT about how to deal with SMD components. In fact, there are several tried methods to do SMD mounting and desoldering. For example, there is the solder-paste and hot air, there is the "baking method", and there is one I have never tried that uses hot sand. Regardless, the key with SMD is to let the FLUX and the hot air do the work. So if you have a bunch of tiny pins to connect you can actually just put down a strip of solder-paste set the component in the right spot and when you apply heat the flux will split the solder onto the pads for you. If doing the same multipin in a through-hole board you would have to solder each point and then quadruple check that there are no bridges or cold-solder joints, and then when you think it is good, it probably isn't. With SMD it all just works if you line it up.

Here is a a good start video, but just look up "SMD Soldering" in YT and you will find a plethora of other videos on all the various methods and techniques:

#6368 9 months ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I have seen posts saying people should not buy these games if they are unwilling to work on them. I have 17 other pins and have changed bulbs, rubbers and broken plastics (and followed instructions to add a few simple mods). But the problems that keep coming up in this thread are way beyond my abilities to diagnose or repair. I have paid a tech a couple times for service visits for board problems in the past (he recently moved to another state). It would be really expensive to have to pay a (new) tech to come out several times while different components were sent out by Spooky to try to fix one of these problems.

Keep in mind the people who are upset are much more likely to post, many of us have had flawless, or nearly flawless experiences and therefore had no reason to post issues. I am beyond happy to have this game in my collection, it is fun, and getting better all the time. You also have the added bonus of Spooky's support IF there are issues, they will give you detailed instructions (if needed) just like the mod makers do and they will not leave you hanging with a broken machine. I think you will have a great weekend getting to know you new game.

#6378 9 months ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

New code time! Today we have the Shaggy character mode ready for everyone to enjoy, as well as some new music in the base gameplay! Really excited to see what you guys think of this one
Also, I have a video up on YouTube walking you through how to play the Shaggy mode as well as the updates other features. Enjoy!

AWESOME! You guys have been making every weekend this summer amazing with new code to try out on either my UM or SD almost every single week for a while now. These videos are a great addition too! They help me and anyone who plays the game better understand the rules as they evolve.

#6439 9 months ago

If you haven't looked into the Phantom Lanterns mod for SD you should. I installed mine this afternoon, it wasn't easy, and took about an hour, but it wasn't overwhelming at all and the instructions are spot on. I especially like that these are triggered, they are a nice addition to an already packed game.

20230716_182538 (resized).jpg20230716_182538 (resized).jpg20230716_182612 (resized).jpg20230716_182612 (resized).jpg20230716_183709 (resized).jpg20230716_183709 (resized).jpg20230716_183758 (resized).jpg20230716_183758 (resized).jpg
#6488 9 months ago
Quoted from alexorear:

Black Knight is tough as it's a lot of shots to complete. It's the 9 shots to paint but you have to hit a painted shot every 3rd shot effectively making it a 14 shot mode. Velma's glasses is another mode that while it's random seems to take clearing almost every shot before you can find her glasses.

For me Cutler and Space Kook can also be a bit frustrating at times when your down to a single shot that you can't make and after serval failed attempts you run out of time or just drain. For me it's the left orbit or the lowest Scooby shot on the upper playfield normally. I know with Space Kook you can hit the different spinners to light different shots, but I'd like to see the spinners cycle through the shots a bit more, similar to how they cycle the monsters before starting a mode.

We play the same apparently, LOL. I always cringe when it is the Black Knight mode, I have only successfully completed that mode ONCE and it required me to collect an ungodly amount of Scooby Snacks to keep it going long enough. I struggle a little on the Space Kook but have learned that the spinners will move that upper shot between the three lanes up there. I will usually get all the shots I can on the lower PF then hit the spinners till that upper PF shot is in the center or top lane, like you said, I have trouble with that bottom lane and can only hit it like 1 out of 10 times. I have considered the extra spring for the Bookcase flipper to maybe make that shot easier.

With the Velma mode - it helps to be playing as her - I have found the trick to be go straight to the upper PF and eliminate a few shots up there, that pretty much forces the glasses to be hidden on one of the lower PF shots and it is a lot easier. The real trick with that mode is being able to look up at the screen to see where the statute looks, AND keep control of the ball.

For me, so far the new Shaggy mode is by far the most difficult, even as Shaggy. I have managed to unbalance my sandwich every single time I get in there and I just get the makeup bonus by spamming the action button.

There are some changes in how the modes work if you change the overall machine settings between Easy, Regular, and ZOINKS! modes. But, the Easy mode does NOT make Black Knight, SK, or CC any easier.

#6512 9 months ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

Has anyone with the issue tried this as I am not sure I am comfortable (not very handy with woodwork) giving this a try. I have a buddy looking at it too and if we come up with a solution I will keep you posted. If need be will call Spooky too.

I'm 224 and had to battle that shooter lane issue. I saw the post about removing the rail, but I measured the lane all the way top to bottom and it was all exactly the same width. I'm glad too, because I do NOT want to remove that rail or do woodwork.

Anyway, after many slow-motion videos and attempted fixes, I have found the most consistent fix. I took some "reverse plyers" (called ring pullers sometimes) and spread out the tines in the launch fork. Only spread them like 1mm or so and test. If it works like it did for me you'll need to turn the power back down or the ball will skip over the sling plastic.

I'm not certain this is permanent, but its been fine for about a month now and if it gets out of whack again I can do that fix in 5 minutes.

#6519 9 months ago
Quoted from Danzig:

Might seem weird but my last adjustment I had to turn the power down to get it to work properly.

I had to turn my power back to 85% after I spread the tines a little bit out to better launch the ball. Initially I upped the power to overcome the launch issues. Spreading the tines about 1mm made it work perfectly again, so the extra power would often cause the ball to skip over the end of the habitrail and roll over the sling plastic.

1 week later
#6647 8 months ago
Quoted from curban:

Are they supposed to be the same? Can others hit the left spinner from a stopped trapped ball?

I would check the angle of your flippers, are the identical? They should both be the same angle and distance relative to the little "alignment" hole. If you cannot hit both spinners from a trap then you probably need to adjust your flippers. The one that lets you backhand should be your template.

#6684 8 months ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I don't think I saw a single drain on the left side. That left side is the part of the game that concerns me since in the up position, there are practically no drains and in the bottom position, there are cheap drains from the drops.

So, I moved my outlane posts to the top position and still absolutely get left-side (and right-side) outlane drains regularly, they just aren't such CHEAP drains like when it gets tangled in the drops. I am NOT a competitive player, I just want to have fun and advance on the game so I don't see any reason to setup my home games like they are in a cheap arcade with saggy flippers and wide open outlines. But, to each their own I guess.

#6696 8 months ago
Quoted from curban:

What the heck is up with that flipper assembly!? Loosening the flipper was fine by loosening the lock nut. Retightening…had to get an Allen wrench to the back side of the ‘grippy claw’ where there’s barely any room…while tightening the lock nut. What a pain in the neck that was! Unnecessarily complex and my fingers aren’t even that fat!!! … … …
… … … or what did I do wrong?

AFAIK you did nothing wrong. The issue isn't Scooby-Doo specific, nor is it manufacturer specific. I've adjusted flipper angle on all eras of games and it is a royal, horrible, PITA.

Those clamps that hold the flipper shaft are basically one time use. It is possible to straighten out the clamp with a screwdriver and a bench vise or something, but I think it's not worth the hassle.

On two games I've installed Precision flippers that have a top adjustment for flipper angle (a major time saver) and in every case I ordered new clamps and bolts or just a whole flipper assembly. The parts are like 3 dollars or something on PinballLife and if I need to make an adjustment I just put in a new clamp at least.

The Precision stuff is cool and does have solutions to these problems if you want an alternative. I'll probably put them on Scooby-Doo eventually.

#6744 8 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Now here's a question: there is a standing target back there, under the Android's feet, at the back of the VUK entrance.

What is it used for?

I noticed this standup target when I was installing my lantern mod and have been wondering what it does since then. I did try hitting it with the glass off to see if it did anything, but I couldn't see any change is score or anything when it gets hit. I have NOT been able to hit that target directly while playing at all, so IDK if it is possible, or if I just suck.

2 weeks later
#7065 8 months ago
Quoted from kevster:

All cases only require two clues to start now.

I've noticed this is only if you DON'T unmask the villain and/or start another case before you drain the "clue count" needed to start a mystery resets to 2 (or 1 if your in Easy mode). At least it remembers my progress on CC multiball.

#7165 8 months ago
Quoted from lepstein:

Not sure if this is a switch issue or something else. New game, latest code.

We get constant repeating call outs without much break and no known trigger (ie. Not for a ball drain or hitting a particular mech)

Usually Scooby “wimpering” and Velma(?) saying “I’m not impressed” over and over.
Funny at first but we’ve had to turn call out volume down because it got to be too much.

Are these call outs from a specific switch we can check out?

I had this exact issue on 224, and it turned out to be the Switch for the upper PF drain (just below the left upper flipper) was too sensitive and was essentially just ON all the time. So then you get those "I'm not impressed" and Scooby whining when that drain is triggered. You can tell for sure in switch test (that switch should NOT be on all the time). If it is sticking the fix was SUPER easy since that switch sits on top of the PF you just need to bend the metal till it only triggers when a ball rolls through that exit gate. Good luck and enjoy your game!

2 months later
#8055 6 months ago

New code day, and at the grocery store today I found the Scooby-Doo doughnuts. Which surprised me since the nearest Krispy Kreme is like 500 miles from Denver. Definitely gonna be a fun weekend of SD and snow here.

20231027_102036 (resized).jpg20231027_102036 (resized).jpg
#8091 6 months ago

I updated this afternoon and had several games with the only "bug" being the tally screen on Charlie. But it gave me the points. I have had no game breaking issues at all. And none I see above sound dire to me.

This us a phenomenal update! Love the combos. Thanks to the realistic availability of extra balls I even had my best game yet (15.3mil) on the new code, including all the modes and multiballs. I recommend getting this update.

20231027_175329 (resized).jpg20231027_175329 (resized).jpg20231027_175335 (resized).jpg20231027_175335 (resized).jpg
#8157 5 months ago

Before this latest update, when I'd boot my UM, R&M, and Scooby-Doo at the same time, SD would take so much longer to boot i could usually get in a whole game on one of the others before it finished. Now with the new update they are almost on a level.

Also, LOVING the extra balls and combos.

1 week later
#8293 5 months ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Can anyone please guide me where in the menus I can increase the plunger launch power?

Go into Coil Settings, should be like the first option. Then scroll through the various options until you see "Launch" and lower it. I just has to put mine lower cause the ball kept skipping over the sling plastic and draining on launch.

#8374 5 months ago

Just had my best game yet on Scooby-Doo. Those extra ball opportunities make a big difference, plus going for a mix of villain and character modes. Of course I had to sprinkle in some multiballs and lots of Scooby snacks to get my score past 16mil.

20231112_181455 (resized).jpg20231112_181455 (resized).jpg20231112_181512 (resized).jpg20231112_181512 (resized).jpg
#8447 5 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Yep, my game was doing the same thing and sure enough the balls were already magnetized.

I bought a magnetizer/demagnetizer at the hardware store. Now, every time I take the balls out of Scooby-Doo or UM I pass them over the demag side. It's kind of impressive how quickly they can get magnetic and it definitely causes ball tracking issues on both games.

#8491 5 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

my experience I haven't ever really felt frustrated by the drop resetting within a single ball.

I am with you here. I used to wish those drops were "easier" but after a little focused practice I LOVE those drop targets. They are SO valuable for Scooby Snacks and getting to the SS multiball. I personally like the ability to almost continually gather snacks.

#8495 5 months ago

Our SD224 has had intermittent issues with the launcher. After I adjusted the forks about 2 months ago we didn't really have any problems. But, since we expected it to eventually happen again I got the NinjaMod launcher Stabilizer.

Installation was super simple, and I could immediately tell how deformed the launch mech was. After I installed it I was able to turn the launch power to 55% and it seems to be much more consistent. An invisible, but highly recommended upgrade for any SD game.

1 week later
#8578 5 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I have definitely seen this issue when a ball gets kicked into either the MM lock or the left VUK, and possibly one of the apron locks, just as the last ball in a multiball drains/ends. Even on the latest code. Sometimes a ball search happens, sometimes not. Seems to lose track of balls in play when this happens.

Yesterday evening I was playing a game on SD and had something like this happen and I can't seem to get the game to recover. So, I had almost this exact scenario; I was having a great game and had JUST ended MM mulitball and immediately hit the MM again to start a mystery but the ball never came back out of the MM. Eventually the game did ball search start but it would NOT kick the ball out of the MM. I used the menu buttons to abort the game and did the "stuck switch test" and it showed 6 trough switches and one in the MM. But, in "coil test" I could NOT get the MM to kick the ball out. But, oddly I couldn't get the coil test to fire off the eject or launch coils either. It was late in the evening so when simple fixes didn't work I shut it down.

Now just a few minutes ago I started it up and as soon as the boot sequence finished it kicked the ball out of the MM and let me start a game. BUT, it would NOT launch the ball (but did eject one into the launch lane) and when I went into coil test the launch, eject, and MM coils will not fire. The coils obviously work since they are firing on boot, but I can't seem to get the game to control them.

Any ideas? I will obviously reach out to Spooky during the week, but I am hoping you all have an easy fix.

2 weeks later
#8950 4 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I also notice that when playing as Scooby each lit snack shot only awards one instead of 2, which is one of the on-screen perks of playing as Scooby. The action button does not collect all lit snacks either, even though the game vibrates when I hit it

I've noticed this behaviour too. IDK why it says you get two snacks when they are definitely not doubled as Scooby. I don't think any of them really have any perks yet, I think that is planned for future code implementation. The action button vibrates the shaker when you press it (not in a character mode) but I haven't seen any other action (scores or bonuses) from pressing it.

I think we have a lot of features coming down the pipe, there is almost no use for the "secret passage" and there are several PF lights that are not used yet. I have an UM as well and we are expecting at least one more update for that game, several years after it was released. I think Spooky will code all that stuff soon, as long as whatever happened with Rick and Morty (it was never finished to the level spooky told us about, like including new adventures from newer seasons) doesn't happen to any of these newer games.

#8993 4 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

The only perk that definitely works I can think of is playing as Shaggy, and building the sandwich in his mode. It is much harder to keep the sandwich in the middle for the higher scoring, and to prevent it from falling, if you're not playing as Shaggy.

I specifically said, "except in character modes" because the action button works for ALL of them in their respective modes for that perk. I though we were talking about the baseline character perk when you are NOT in a character mode.

#9007 4 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

OK, so would something like this work to simply demagnetize pinballs that have become magnetized, and just throw them back into the game?

I have a demagetizer I bought from the hardware store. It has a slot at the bottom to "re-magnetize" things like my screwdrivers and a flat spot on the top to demagnetize. So, every month or so, or when I take the balls out of any of my games that sport magnets, I just pass the balls over this demag section and haven't had any issues.

#9161 4 months ago
Quoted from VoodooPin:

Please explain a bit more.

In general it has been found that IF you are getting false ball locks, or false hits, or the game is just acting funny during a MB then there is a very stong chance your balls have become magnetized. So, it is highly recommended to try a new set of SEVEN balls before you blame the code. When the balls get magnetized they don't sit in the ball trough properly and the game gets confused.

#9168 4 months ago
Quoted from bazzles:

I've got standard balls from Marcos in it but was curious about other people's experiences with strangeness from magnetized balls.

I had a haywire multiball the other day, a little over 400 games on our SD. So I switched out the balls the other day and have had no multiball confusion since. So, based on a two person sample the balls last between 300 and 400 plays. That's about the same I'd do anyway just because of ball wear.

1 week later
#9341 3 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

When are we expecting a Scooby update and gameplay stream?

RussM

Rumor is Thursday.

#9464 3 months ago

I am not only excited about this, and ordered one immediately, I wish they'd do this for their other past games. Specifically, I'd pay for new adventures and a new topper on Rick and Morty. Once UM code is done I'd happily buy an upgraded topper (especially since I went BSE on my UM to get that beautiful black sparkle powder coat).

#9654 3 months ago

Love getting up to the DAY code on the game.

20240105_175536 (resized).jpg20240105_175536 (resized).jpg
#9821 3 months ago
Quoted from Phern:

I'm torn over it. Want to respect the design team. But at the same time some modders produce really high quality work.

I also wonder if the spooky guys mod their own games

IMHO, if it's your game and you think whatever mod looks cool and you can afford it, get it. Don't buy or do modifications in hopes of increasing the resale. Do mods that made you happy.

#9915 3 months ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Is the new update good to download, or is it still buggy?

I played a half a dozen games on the latest code drop and didn't see any bugs. Not sure what others saw.

#9923 3 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Use the beta version that SpookyLuke posted in this thread, as long as you're okay with the caveats he included in that post - it's less buggy than the version posted on the support page.

I would not do that unless you want the unfinished version. They updated the code on the website with a finalized version on the 7th, that should be the finalized version of the beta code SpookyLuke posted over the weekend.

#9964 3 months ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

How do you grab the logs to email to DJ?

You can grab the logs, in the service menu right near the "update" is a "dump logs" option. You will need to stick a thumbdrive in and then send them.

BUT, before you reach out, it might not be a bug. I had something similar happen just a few weeks ago and it turned out that the screw that holds in the Ghoul hand over the ball lock was loose and the opto there had slipped out of alignment. So it was really easy to fix, just popped the glass off and reset the opto and Ghoul hand. I think those hands come loose over time.

#9976 3 months ago
Quoted from Shinsengumi:

I am currently on v2023.10.28.23, but DL'd v2024.01.06.00 last week only to notice v2024.01.07.12 earlier today do DL'd it as well...

This is a great question. I would guess that the most stable currently available version is the v2023.10.28.23 code. However, I have been on v2024.01.07.12 for a few days now and have not had any issues. I can only guess, but the only reason I can see to pull previously released code from the website would be that they identified some issue or bug in the newer code that needs fixed before we get it officially.

#10107 3 months ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Topper is in and its awesome!

Did you get a notification from Spooky or your distributer? We ordered ours through the same distro we bought our game from and was just curious how they are shipped etc.

Thanks!

#10121 3 months ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Do we know if the previous 1/7 and the re released 1/7 are the same? Were there any improvements added in the latest release?

It's labeled the same as the code I installed on the 7th so I think it's the same code. We've had zero issues with this version, fewer bugs than the previous.

#10146 3 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Also one other side effect of doing the HDMI extractor for audio is that the upper flipper buzzing is almost inaudible now

Is there a reason this is different than just running a new audio cable separately from the other wires? If so, which one do you recommend? Thanks

#10265 3 months ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Black Knight question. The mode starts with a red shot on the upper playfield. Mine will not register that shot as (it seems) there is nothing up there that can generate enough force to trip the switch on the passive sling. I took the glass off and tossed a ball over at the sling and it registers so the switch is working. Eventually the mode seems to progress but I don't understand why.

Anyone else have or had this issue and fixed it?

First off, the lower slings should also "dip the paintbrush". But, I did have to adjust my passive sling on the upper to get it to register. It was just a simple matter of using a switch adjusting tool to close the gap and now the upper sling will register with a natural hit.

1 week later
#10476 82 days ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I think the better question is why do the Mosfets seem to fail so (relatively, it seems) much?

I asked about this when I had to get my board replaced. The answer Spooky gave me was that when they were making a portion of the main boards they got a batch of MOSFETs that were bad. The problem is there is no reliable way to test these little pieces of silicone for flaws without some very specialized equipment. The good news was that they said they believe the bad MOSFETs have all been used and mostly identified - if not in the most efficient manner - by us who have had boards go bad.

They also had me send back the old board, so I am betting they are doing some kind of post-mortem on these so they can identify any kind of way they can test for these issues in the future.

The VERY good news is that Spooky cares and will send you a new board in a heartbeat if the one you have goes bad. I have been on the second board for a few months with no issues and the first one lasted well over 500 games in a home environment.

#10478 82 days ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

I used to work at Shure (biggest microphone company) and they had them. Was super cool to see x-rayed electronics under magnification!

So that is why my 20 year old SM-57 is still perfect, and also explains why my SM-7B was so expensive. But, I think you are correct, you would need a specialized high-resolution x-ray machine to test for flaws in the minuscule little blocks of silicone that are modern components.

1 week later
#10628 71 days ago
Quoted from Arcdeeth:

My Topper has arrived!
Now just waiting on my BSE to come off the production line.

Nice! I was just wondering why I haven't gotten a shipping notice on my topper - I did order from a distro. I've had my game since March, so I wish they'd send that sparkly new topper already.

#10649 70 days ago
Quoted from Danzig:

Can you by chance say how many wizard modes are coming?

I would bet at least three since there are three distinct "wizard mode" inserts near the center ramp.

#10703 68 days ago

Oh wow, the first round of bookcases is already all spoken for, and then some! We'll get those shipped out and start work on the next batch asap!

This is a great looking mod and on my SD, which I've had for almost a year now, those stickers on my bookcase flipper were already fading. I didn't hesitate to order a few seconds after you posted. Keep up the good work!

1 week later
#10759 59 days ago
Quoted from robey99:

change the skill shot with the flipper

Did you change it to "easy" difficulty? If so you automatically have all skill shots lit. If you want to choose you need to be on medium or "Zoinks" I believe.

#10781 58 days ago
Quoted from Jammer55826:

Has anyone who ordered the topper through any of the distributors received a shipment notification from Spooky yet?

I don't mind waiting for it, but it would be nice to have an idea of when it will be shipped out.

We ordered ours through the same distro we bought the game (SD224) from. On Friday we called and talked to them and were told, "Spooky has only been sending 'test' units so far so we have no word and won't know anything until we hear from Spooky."

Basically, they have no idea when they will ship. Guess I gotta practice that patience thing again.

#10786 58 days ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We have been sending much more than test units. We are taking our time and making it a priorty to maintain our best quality. To be 100% transparent in the past years we have been pressured very heavily to get things out to quickly. I just cant let that happen anymore. We will be approaching 20 toppers per week within the next couple weeks.

That's cool, at least I'll be confident it will work out of the box by the time we get it. Can't wait to add this topper to our SD.

1 week later
#10990 45 days ago
Quoted from codered9394:

Do the extra balls get awarded automatically or is there a shot that is required for collecting? Thanks for the info

When qualified the game will let you know EB is ready. At that point the left two orbits (with the mystery room) will light orange ish and hitting it awards the EB.

#11023 43 days ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Here I am waiting on my topper to ship

That is me hoping to hear SOMEHTING, ANYTHING about the topper I ordered early in the morning of January 3rd. I also really hope the "rumor" that they would be selling the toppers in person as TPF has me even more frustrated at the lack of information or updates. When I "preorder" a book I get access BEFORE it goes on sale to the public and the books only cost like $20. This topper was a little more $$ with far less information

#11029 43 days ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I've tried to be pretty public with updates here and on Facebook. We are making and shipping toppers every single day. We are shipping about 20 per week now. I expect the majority of all topper orders to be filled over the next 10 weeks.

Thanks for the update Luke. Spooky is at the VERY least always responsive and I know you are all trying to make sure they all work out of the box. It's just a little frustrating to be waiting months after a pre-order and to hear that these would be sold to walk-ups at TPF. That is not how pre-orders tend to work. Usually the early backers get first access, but as long we we get that tasty new update to hold us over I at least will be patient and happy whenever it arrives.

#11033 43 days ago
Quoted from kevster:

Hopefully I was able to present this respectfully as, again, I'm not trying to be confrontational. Just providing another way of looking at the situation.

You do NOT sound confrontational, if anything I did, and I apologize for that. I haven't had the BEST week so far so when I saw the post about them going up at TPF I posted about it. BUT, your reasoning makes sense and I absolutely want Spooky to succeed so they can keep making badass games. I am always reminding my kids about perspective, and you just adjusted mine, thanks

#11052 42 days ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

1) my machine is running an older code (2023-9 something). There have been 2 updates since then, should I update to current code, or wait for new code drop. Is there that much that I'm missing now?

I do not understand why you would do this! I mean they worked for months on each update with coders, testers, beta testers and more all so you (the owner) can enjoy more of the game. You are missing out on ALL kinds of goodies by not upgrading.

So, stop waiting, just update and enjoy what you paid for them to make you.

#11196 40 days ago

Finally had a decent game since the new code update and came SO close to the wizard mode, I was in the final vilian mode to qualify when I drained. Still happy with a beefy new score of 329mil.

20240315_181416 (resized).jpg20240315_181416 (resized).jpg
#11215 39 days ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I had the wizard mode somehow start in the secret passage before hitting it into the van for the trap. It was lit to hit the trap at the van but went into secret passage subway and started wizard mode before ending the villain mode and scoring the points

This is how you can start ALL the MM modes. The secret door is a alternative path to the MM lock.

#11235 38 days ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

I can’t find the backbox key anywhere. Overall, a really fun start

So when our Scooby-Doo showed up we couldn't find the back box key either and it wasn't on the clip on the door. I pulled the glass and popped up the PF and the key fell out. I think it had migrated during transport and was among the cables.

#11311 35 days ago
Quoted from boommerknight:

Spooky posted on Facebook today about changing the batteries. Where is it even located in the Spooky games? And how often do they need to be changed?

I believe they are talking about the button battery inside of the computer that keeps the BIOS from being lost. I haven't changed the battery on my SD because it's just a year old now, but on Rick and Morty and UM it is a simple thing to replace. Simply take the cover off of the computer inside the backbox and boot up the game. Once it is powered on and working you can swap that battery with a replacement easily. I HIGHLY recommend doing this while the game is booted so you don't have to re-flash the BIOS, that is not a simple experience. I think for the BIOS battery it is recommended you change it once every 5 years on a normal PC. But, I change mine every other year since my games spend more time off than on.

#11315 35 days ago

I woke up today to an email from our distributer (where be bought SD and ordered the new topper) that our topper is being picked up today by the shipper. Wee still don't have a tracking number or any idea when it will arrive, but just knowing that it is done, in a box and going onto a truck is exciting. This game just keeps getting better.

#11341 33 days ago
Quoted from FlipperMensch:

Did a search in the forum and didn't find anything posted for this (please feel free to link a comment if it's already been mentioned)

I've got a stuck left apron switch (keeps triggering the arm to extend out) and am wondering what I need to check/correct to resolve the issue. This is my first pin so I'm a newbie with fixes and hoping this community can help out! Thanks in advance!

'
So those apron locks are triggered by "optos" that sit just before where the ball would sit. If you take off the glass and look closely you will see two holes on that apron lock those are what let the lights of the opto pass through, when it is interrupted it means a ball is there. Most likely one of these optos has slipped out of position and so the signal is broken (showing as triggered).

If I am not mistaken, the main opto is actually held on by the same LONG screw that holds on the "phantom hands" that hover over the lock. If you loosen that screw and reset the optos (they can be identified by the little lens on one side). I have had to adjust the opto on my left side lock a couple times and eventually needed to fix the threads because the main screw was coming loose.

If this doesn't fix the issue I would just call or email Spooky right away, they will be able to help you much better than I can.

#11351 32 days ago

UPS came to our door late last night with an awesome delivery. Took me about 30 minutes to install the new topper and most of that was spent lining up the holes to mount it. I'm happy to report that it has worked from the first time we booted it and it's an amazing addition to an already amazing game.

Now I just gotta trigger that video mode.

20240323_152733 (resized).jpg20240323_152733 (resized).jpg20240323_153156 (resized).jpg20240323_153156 (resized).jpg20240323_153200 (resized).jpg20240323_153200 (resized).jpg
#11375 30 days ago

For those who receive their toppers can you please post your order number so we who are waiting can get an idea where we are at? Thanks

We didn't get an order number from Spooky. We ordered the topper from the same distributor we ordered the game from. We got an email it was being shipped last Monday and it showed up late Friday evening via UPS. I have never seen something so well packed as that topper was.

#11385 30 days ago

Last night I finally had another good game where I was able to get a few extra balls and make it all the way to the wizard mode. That makes it the second time I have gotten there (still need to actually beat it one of these days) but there was a major scoring difference between the two games. The first time I got there was on the initial code release (with the "scoring bug") and I got my highest score EVER at 389million. This most recent "good" game was accomplished on the latest code update (with scoring "fixed") and I got just under 100 million. So, the scoring is a LOT different between the last few updates. Makes me wonder if it is even possible for me to beat that 389mil score again.

#11423 27 days ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

Hello, I am wondering how long should the “reverse flippers phase” last? Is it true that there are only a few flipper actions?

I have gotten this option twice on the mystery award (now set to LOW chances) and in both cases it lasted until I drained that ball.

#11425 27 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I’ve had it a few times (also now on LOW). I’d estimate reversed flippers lasts about 30 seconds.

Yeah, I should have put a disclaimer here that said something like: it's entirely possible (likely even) that I just SUCK at using reversed flippers and, so I just drained before it turned off.

1 week later
#11524 15 days ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Replaced balls today, all the strange things my game has been doing, all back to normal. YAAAAA!!!!!!

I have a feeling we'll all be swapping the balls on this game out regularly. With the Mystery and Extra Ball awards both using the magnet (way more than before) I wouldn't be surprised to see more magnetized balls.

Guess we need to consider degausers or different balls

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

8,200 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 14.95
$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider var1abl3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all?tu=var1abl3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.