(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,677 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by RussMyers
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
972946E7-8C53-4236-9BA3-08E7C451FCD8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6192 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,677 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 234.
#8301 5 months ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Hey Gang!
I wanted to check with the Scooby owners to see if there was any interest in our super clear acrylic screen protector. It replaces the stock PETG one that comes in Spooky games. Originally we offered it with our IPS LCD upgrades but we've started selling it individually when customers asked. It's very optically clear, abrasion resistant, anti-reflective and removes almost any aberration (sort of polarizing/rainbow effect). It's 3mm thick and really makes the screen look really nice. The reason I'm asking is because we're sold out and to make an order viable takes a large quantity because the material isn't extremely common with any of our suppliers and it's recently increased in cost. We did a lot of searching for the best material and this extruded acrylic with it's special coatings is really top. If there is interest between all the modern Spooky game owners (anything with a metal backbox door) then we can place a larger order and keep these available.
You can see pictures on our site here:
https://pinballmods.co/acrylic-screen-protector-spooky-pinball
We will do is keep it at $46 for anyone who buys it with an IPS screen upgrade as the bundle, otherwise they are listed at $55. It will take 2-3 weeks to get them cut and shipped to us.
The difference between the stock screen and the IPS screen is astounding. We make it a direct replacement, plug and play. The IPS screen has amazing blacks, super crazy resolution and very low levels of white backlight bleed. We've sold a ton of these to R&M owners and the feedback is astounding.
https://pinballmods.co/upgraded-ips-lcd-spooky-pinball
You don't need to buy now, don't need any money or commitment, just need to know if there is interest so we can judge our order qty. You can PM me if you want to keep it out of the thread or email [email protected].

Yes to the bundle please!!! My game is shipping this week.. , and will be hitting you up. Absolutely kills on Halloween, and R&M also benefits

#8302 5 months ago

Has anyone found a fix for the flipper humm by chance? Spooky replied that the boost mode could help, but didnt help mine. I cant recall id the humm existed foe me before the last update, but I also had the sound on much louder the first two days i owned it.

For anyone who has the upper playfield lights not working, unplug the cat5/6 cable from the van. The van headlights dont work now, but thats super minor. .

I can say spooky support has responded very quickly and has helped me. Sounds like the humm is something ill have to live with, and the MMvan lights are not big enough for me to pull the upper playfield.

#8303 5 months ago
Quoted from blaskoa:

Has anyone found a fix for the flipper humm by chance? Spooky replied that the boost mode could help, but didnt help mine. I cant recall id the humm existed foe me before the last update, but I also had the sound on much louder the first two days i owned it.
For anyone who has the upper playfield lights not working, unplug the cat5/6 cable from the van. The van headlights dont work now, but thats super minor. .
I can say spooky support has responded very quickly and has helped me. Sounds like the humm is something ill have to live with, and the MMvan lights are not big enough for me to pull the upper playfield.

Hum has been there since I got it. Gotten better but still there. Halloween has it also. I just turn up the volume up and try not to hold too long lol

#8304 5 months ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

ekayden good idea- How long did you need for the USB extension cable? Im going to give this a shot- thank you

I believe the one I used was 3 meters (9.8 feet).

#8305 5 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Hum has been there since I got it. Gotten better but still there. Halloween has it also. I just turn up the volume up and try not to hold too long lol

That makes me feel better, i turned it to 4 and i barely noticed it. I turned it down at night and it drives me nuts, but at level 4 sound i cant tell.

#8306 5 months ago
Quoted from blaskoa:

That makes me feel better, i turned it to 4 and i barely noticed it. I turned it down at night and it drives me nuts, but at level 4 sound i cant tell.

Yeah that definitely helps. But when you hear it, it definitely drives me nuts also. When I first got it it was really bad.

#8307 5 months ago

Can someone please post a couple of pictures of where the end of the ball guide for the Daphne loop sets in relation to the post rubber next to it on their machine?

#8308 5 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Can someone please post a couple of pictures of where the end of the ball guide for the Daphne loop sets in relation to the post rubber next to it on their machine?

Without taking the glass off, does this help? It's right up against it.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8309 5 months ago

Thanks! It looks pretty similar to mine but a little hard to tell from that angle. Does the ball slam into the end of it on missed shots on your game? It does on mine making me wonder if that guide shouldn't be back further on the post so that the post rubber takes the hit instead.

Quoted from Jigz:

Without taking the glass off, does this help? It's right up against it.[quoted image]

#8310 5 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Thanks! It looks pretty similar to mine but a little hard to tell from that angle. Does the ball slam into the end of it on missed shots on your game? It does on mine making me wonder if that guide shouldn't be back further on the post so that the post rubber takes the hit instead.

Yeah, I think so sometimes. You can see a little indent where the ball has hit there.

#8311 5 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Hope this helps.

IMG_1115 (resized).jpegIMG_1115 (resized).jpegIMG_1116 (resized).jpegIMG_1116 (resized).jpeg
#8312 5 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Hope this helps too.

IMG_1117 (resized).jpegIMG_1117 (resized).jpegIMG_1118 (resized).jpegIMG_1118 (resized).jpeg
#8313 5 months ago

At last, Here's the link to my Homemade Scooby Rulebook. I adjusted the margins so the printer should not chopped text now. I have not print tested it but it should be fine now.

Feel free to print your own. Please do not sell theses. I've spent many hours on this and it should stay free for all Scooby Pinball fans.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-okN6bK4Zs0eP48jzYEe53bx7kb8-AFV/view?usp=drive_link

Here's a tip for printing. Use original size (no resize) and print the first page separatly so you have a blank page behind the cover page. Best is to bring it to a print shop and tell them to spiral bind it with a translucent plastic cover and cardboard back page.

I will update the manual as rules comes in. I might do one for Halloween when I'm motivated.

Also, if someone knows how to pin the post to the key post that would be great.
Thanks guys.

preview (resized).JPGpreview (resized).JPG
#8314 5 months ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

At last, Here's the link to my Homemade Scooby Rulebook. I adjusted the margins so the printer should not chopped text now. I have not print tested it but it should be fine now.
Feel free to print your own. Please do not sell theses. I've spent many hours on this and it should stay free for all Scooby Pinball fans.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-okN6bK4Zs0eP48jzYEe53bx7kb8-AFV/view?usp=drive_link
Here's a tip for printing. Use original size (no resize) and print the first page separatly so you have a blank page behind the cover page. Best is to bring it to a print shop and tell them to spiral bind it with a translucent plastic cover and cardboard back page.
I will update the manual as rules comes in. I might do one for Halloween when I'm motivated.
Thanks guys.[quoted image]

Great work!

#8315 5 months ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Just curious. I finally got my Scooby working again after swapping the warden board and in giving it a bit of workout to test it I got 4 of the 5 character modes done. (Lot easier now that there are some achievable extra balls) If I'd done all five could I have started the wizard mode or are those not in the code yet?

Your rulesheet mentioned the prequisites and how they start but no details on the modes so feels like it could be either way.

#8316 5 months ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Awesome job!! Thank you so much for doing this.

#8317 5 months ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Great job on this, thank you for the time and effort!

#8318 5 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Yeah that definitely helps. But when you hear it, it definitely drives me nuts also. When I first got it it was really bad.

two days ago it was crazy loud, last night i could barely hear it.

#8319 5 months ago

Much appreciated!

Quoted from Bagdad:

#8320 5 months ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Sorry I am already selling on the streets for $100/copy...even looking at going international...

#8321 5 months ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Sorry I am already selling on the streets for $100/copy...even looking at going international...

You're wasting your time. Mine are laminated and include Scooby Snacks for 4 easy payments of $24.99. Donate an extra $5 to charity during your purchase and I'll personally come to your house and make you a Shaggy Sandwich. Beat that.

#8322 5 months ago
Quoted from VictoryPointePGH:

Just curious. I finally got my Scooby working again after swapping the warden board and in giving it a bit of workout to test it I got 4 of the 5 character modes done. (Lot easier now that there are some achievable extra balls) If I'd done all five could I have started the wizard mode or are those not in the code yet?
Your rulesheet mentioned the prequisites and how they start but no details on the modes so feels like it could be either way.

Hey, I'm not an expert in rules. I just used what was on Tilt forums and listen to Bug videos to complete what was missing. Will update the book when new things are coming.

#8323 5 months ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

This is awesome, I've key-posted it so anyone can find it from the topix index as well.

#8324 5 months ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Thanks a million for spending the time to put this together. Sitting in the garage right now anxiously awaiting CE1179 to be delivered by R&L in North Texas. Timing couldn’t be more perfect!!

#8325 5 months ago

Just received CE1179 about an hour ago. We will do an unboxing tonight! Scooby Dooby Doo!!!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8326 5 months ago

Recently had my best game yet (36mil)! This last code update really ticked the boxes on stuff I was hoping for! The extra balls really allow for extended play and the overall points seem much more balanced. Thanks again to RussMyers for the spinner help, they’re still spinning like crazy and I’m qualifying MMMB nearly every game now which feels great and adds to the progression, again…fantastic job Spooky! It’s obvious you’re working hard on the code, keep it up!

IMG_8461 (resized).jpegIMG_8461 (resized).jpeg

#8327 5 months ago
Quoted from blaskoa:

I had the exact same 2 issues and called about them. The hum is annoying and I tried the same thing. Got lights going no problem. Love the game!

#8328 5 months ago

Hallelujah!

My damaged Scooby #959 just got picked up by the shipping company and is on it's way back to Spooky to get fixed. I have no idea how long it'll take, but at least the game isn't sitting in my garage anymore.

#8329 5 months ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

You are a legend, thank you!

#8330 5 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

OK, here is my solution to being able to easily move the Left Outlane Post from one position to the other, from the top of the playfield, without damaging the drop target LED PCB.
I flipped the playfield up, then unplugged the RJ45 cables form the LED board and removed it.
I then removed the original post, which was 10-32 and a very long shaft that touched the edge of the LED PCB and has a nylon lock nut on it.
I ordered 2 of these: (one for each side) https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4195
I then hammered 2 6-32 T-nuts (10-32 and 8-32 t-nuts won't fit; too big) into the post holes, and put the LED PCB back
The standoffs for these LED PCBs could be a little bit longer for my comfort
The threading for the new 6-32 post goes almost to the bottom on the t-nut but not quite, even when tightened down snug
No chance of hitting the LED PCB
Last pic is original and new post side by side
RussM
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This worked great - just finished it up today. Thanks for the details.

#8331 5 months ago
Quoted from triplemercman:

Just received CE1179 about an hour ago. We will do an unboxing tonight! Scooby Dooby Doo!!!
[quoted image]

Just finished watching the stream with Cary and enjoyed the unboxing. Enjoy your new machine. I have a love hate relationship with my Scooby machine. It’s an amazing pin that too many people or sleeping on. I feel like one day people will really regret not getting it.

I am 615.

IMG_5357 (resized).jpegIMG_5357 (resized).jpeg

#8332 5 months ago

No wonder I can rarely hit the left apron.....gate arm somehow got under habitrail, not allowing the ball to easily get in. Confirmed with my unboxing photos that it wasn't like this two weeks ago. May have to bend the arm slightly more if it happens again.

PXL_20231110_060251931 (resized).jpgPXL_20231110_060251931 (resized).jpg
#8333 5 months ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

No wonder I can rarely hit the left apron.....gate arm somehow got under habitrail, not allowing the ball to easily get in. Confirmed with my unboxing photos that it wasn't like this two weeks ago. May have to bend the arm slightly more if it happens again.
[quoted image]

Yep, same happened to mine. I tried bending it but then...messed up so I just removed it completely.

#8334 5 months ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Yep, same happened to mine. I tried bending it but then...messed up so I just removed it completely.

I removed mine as well. The design of it is terrible. The gate should allow the ball to enter and when the VUK shoots the ball to the apron the gate should not allow the ball to enter the playfield.

#8335 5 months ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Also removed.

#8336 5 months ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Really well done on this. Does anyone know what are the required shots & objectives once you initiate Scooby Snacks MB?

#8337 5 months ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Really well done on this. Does anyone know what are the required shots & objectives once you initiate Scooby Snacks MB?

It's just a small 2 ball multiball to add to literally anything. It's nice to add it to harder modes because any shot on the lower playfield will raise your bravery meter.

#8338 5 months ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

It's just a small 2 ball multiball to add to literally anything. It's nice to add it to harder modes because any shot on the lower playfield will raise your bravery meter.

It's a good way to rack up a bunch of Scooby Snacks as just about any shot awards one, now that you get an E.B. for 50 snacks this can be quite lucrative.

#8339 5 months ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

I don't think there are any required shots. It just spawns constant scooby snacks on each shot, which if you start it during a mode (intended use) means you get constant 2x scoring. I don't recall it having a jackpot beyond that. . . also great for fueling the 50 Snack extra ball.

#8340 5 months ago
Quoted from VictoryPointePGH:

I don't think there are any required shots. It just spawns constant scooby snacks on each shot, which if you start it during a mode (intended use) means you get constant 2x scoring. I don't recall it having a jackpot beyond that. . . also great for fueling the 50 Snack extra ball.

There are super jackpots when you hit the apron lock shots during scooby snack MB.

#8341 5 months ago

[quoted image]

Wait, you’re supposed to be able to hit that from there? I thought you had to use the lower ramp?? No wonder I’ve hit it like 5 times ever lol

#8342 5 months ago

I literally noticed this yesterday on mine. I think it got stuck during play for me, but I can’t confirm. Now it’s much easier for me to get it in there.

[quoted image]

#8343 5 months ago

#1241 invoiced and paid! Soon >

#8344 5 months ago

1244 paid as well.Can’t wait!!!!!!

#8345 5 months ago

Wow, so I removed that gate behind Scooby snacks, my score over tripled and got to play modes I’ve never seen before. Went from 7M to 30M…

#8346 5 months ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Wow, so I removed that gate behind Scooby snacks, my score over tripled and got to play modes I’ve never seen before. Went from 7M to 30M…

I'm very confused on that gate design When you knock down the drop targets and there is an opening the ball should be able enter that area....

#8347 5 months ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I'm very confused on that gate design When you knock down the drop targets and there is an opening the ball should be able enter that area....

It's meant to be one-way; allows balls into the VUK, but is meant to prevent balls from bouncing back out into the backs of the drop targets

Not sure if that's really a big concern; I've never had a failed VUK kick bang up against the back of that wire gate that I have ever seen

Probably very safe to just remove the wire completely; could always put it back

RM

#8348 5 months ago
Quoted from blaskoa:

Boost mode puts more power to the flippers when you are trapping the ball. So more power is more hum. Switch it to normal power. “Lower flippers power hold” to normal.
That helped me out tremendously.

#8349 5 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

It's meant to be one-way; allows balls into the VUK, but is meant to prevent balls from bouncing back out into the backs of the drop targets
Not sure if that's really a big concern; I've never had a failed VUK kick bang up against the back of that wire gate that I have ever seen
Probably very safe to just remove the wire completely; could always put it back
RM

The way the gate was mounted on mine it would not allow the ball to enter the VUK at all. I said something to AJ and he said it probably was installed incorrectly. I never got an answer how to correct it so I left it off. The Halloween we purchased has had zero issues but Scooby has had many problems since we took delivery of it.

#8350 5 months ago

Does anyone happen to have a step by step on moving the outlane posts? Wanted to move them up for company on Thanksgiving so it Is a bit more forgiving. Unsure of how to get it high enough to unscrew things etc. Thank you!

RussMyers thank you for the help. My flange was ok but I think I needed to judt tighten the brass screws. It locks a lot better now, but it still won't go all the way to the right. I figure thst is normal. I moved the keys for the backbox to the inside little hook and it's a lot smoother to open now. All little quality of life adjustments.

P.S. also too out the metal gate blocking yhe left VUK. Plays a lot better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.00
$ 26.50
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Knoxville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,677 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/167 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.