(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,653 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by Pinstym
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6192 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #224 Tracker sheet Posted by La4s (1 year ago)

Post #600 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (RnM) Posted by manadams (1 year ago)

Post #601 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (Ultraman) Posted by RussMyers (1 year ago)

Post #1021 IE Pinball streaming an early production Scooby. Posted by Morgoth00 (1 year ago)

Post #1671 Topper height measured. Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #1678 Overall height of game with topper. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Post #1792 Mystery machine scoop rejects - flipper power fix Posted by Sethman (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Backbox width measured. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jakedistel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#77 1 year ago

Spooky is the best! Great pics of Scooby at I/O in Madison. Looking forward to a trip that direction in a few weeks perhaps. Made that same trip September ‘21 to play Halloween for the first time. If not, then Southland Lanes in Middleburg Heights, Ohio. Don’t think we’ll be able to postpone play until delivery of our game. The itch is to great. Haha. AND while Spooky is actively taking care of Scooby business, Morgan, Luke, and team made certain we received Halloween replacement parts (coin door, back box hinge) which arrived today! Talk about customer service! AND LUKE, BUG, MORGAN TRAVEL TO I/O FOR SCOOBY’S FIRST NIGHT OUT. Forever a Spooky fan! Loving Halloween and can’t wait to shoot that first Scooby ball!

#85 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

THIS! I need to hear from people who got to play it

Looking forward, myself, to some “in the wild” game play video and player feedback. Expecting this to be a game that can thoroughly be appreciated by more accomplished and skilled players as well as this players that love to play pinball but may not necessarily be that skilled (like me). Going to be following the reviews starting with those earliest ones from O/I…love the anticipation…

#86 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

They are busy playing it

About ready to make that 6 hour trip. Haha. Already talking about clearing our calendars in the next week uggh!

#130 1 year ago

Same. Recommended when we purchased Halloween. Also available on Amazon.

#144 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Let’s try this again.
Anyone get an invoice for a Butter cab game yet?
I wondered if there were butters in this early batch?

If I remember correctly you should receive an email indicating that your game is about to go into production and asking if you want butter or non-butter. Your invoice will then reflect that. That’s my memory from Halloween. CoolCatPinball was answering at the same time. Just editing now to acknowledge the earlier response. Looks like we are on the same page in terms of butter and invoicing. These forums are great for information!!!

#221 1 year ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Getting excited now. Spreadsheet puts me at July 4th - hope that is conservative, we host a 4th of July party and would love to have it before then.

Would be a great way to spend the holiday weekend!! My guess is the Scooby light show would overshadow the fireworks. Hsha. Hope it works out for you!

#237 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

How about shipping notices? Right now it’s the owner operators thread.
Yeah that soldering looks bad. Definitely want to redo that one.

I am certain that spooky will get shipping notices out in a timely manner if it was a direct purchase from Spooky. They are great with communication. I know that we all get excited for our games.

#332 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

This spreadsheet needs to be a key post!
Someone? Anyone? I’d do it if I could![quoted image]

If not I have found by simple putting "spreadsheet" in the upper left "FIND POSTS" in the "Posts containing keyword(s)"...it will quickly help you find the spreadsheet. There may be a few mentions of spreadsheets in other posts but it really narrows the search,

#346 1 year ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

Alrighty, made some more stat changes to the spreadsheet, most noticably it'll show the last confirmed delivery date, so no hunting to find it. I'll probably work in which pin # it was too, but that'll come later tonight. Someone else added an editions count. That's inaccurate, I would think, because Spooky never actually said each edition is getting x amount released, no?

Thanks everyone who is taking this information on.

#347 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

I also just wanted to mention that we've partnered with Project Pinball to run a raffle for charity, which you can enter to win a Scooby CE!!
Details here:
https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/scooby-doo-collectors-edition-spookypinball-10-year-anniversary/Campaign/Details
(I believe it goes live Friday, 10:00am EST)

Very cool!

#473 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

The game is already so busy, I like the powder coat and dark art blades. There’s plenty of color and art where it counts, in my opinion.

Seeing the mock ups helped. Was a definite no on the coin door but wasn’t certain about the speaker panel. Tough call but a beautiful product. Think this is going to be a pretty individual decision. Glad it’s out there as an option though.

#511 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Stern keeps kicking out turds.

Not here to criticize other manufacturers or games…actually own a Dead Pool…that we thoroughly enjoy, BUT IMHO there is no comparison when you compare the unique nature of Spooky games and price point with those of other manufacturers. What tends to bother me most is when I see a game like Bond 007 ranked as 20th in the Pinside Top 100 with R&M in the mid/late 20’s and Halloween in the late 60’s early 70’s routinely. I agree on some of those higher spots for Sterns and other manufacturers games but some titles make me wonder relative to how they are ranked. Haven’t played Scooby yet but looking forward to playing it and owning it in a few months. Hope it gets some love in those ratings from enthusiasts that crave something a bit different. From what I have been able to discern from this forum topic and the ratings already posted, it deserves it!

#517 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Please do not pay attention to the top 100 board. It is meaningless.

Tend to agree to be honest. I understand that it’s mostly a numbers game and that ratings are driven by numbers of games out in the wild and available at locations. I do appreciate thoughtful considered ratings and reviews, however, and look forward to those reviews that can weigh both the positive and negative in terms of game play. I also understand that game perspective is pretty individualized. I know the detractors for Halloween drove much of those ratings. I’m just happy that R&M has been able to hold on to a much deserved top 30 spot. IMO both should be higher but absolutely agree that those ratings are to me relatively inconsequential.

#555 1 year ago
Quoted from soria3:

A Photoshop of the speaker panel, mystery machine option. [quoted image]

Thanks for the pic. Still a tough call!

#559 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

The top 100 used to mean something. Back when people were rating games that had stood the test of time and the best stood out.
Now it is mainly new buyers highly rating their purchases to try to get them into the top ten. I don't even bother looking any more.

Or people just throwing hate at a manufacturer with totally BS rating numbers like 3 or 4. I don’t know how you can make an argument for a score like that on a game like Halloween. Even on Sterns or JJP, etc games that I don’t necessarily care for I couldn’t score that low. There seems there is something positive to be found in gameplay in most games. Just my opinion. Still find honest reviews helpful. The actual rankings are pretty nonsensical.

#606 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

I just a post up about the flow of the game on the prior page feel free to ask specifics I played it today

Appreciate your and GamerRick reviews.

#645 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Did you guys experience any balls stuck on top of the drop targets and under the wire forms in development? It seems the only way it can get stuck there is if the drop target pops up while the ball is rolling over it we couldn’t figure out how it got stuck. You can fix that with a code adjustment can’t you? The drops can be set to drop if a ball is missing that will fix that problem right away. The wire forms are gorgeous and I definitely don’t want you to redesign those.

Thanks GamerRick for all the feedback! Just making me want THIS game in OUR basement more...have to say that I do enjoy the anticipation though!! All part of the experience. Kind of like a kid waiting for some holiday/birthday gift. Major applause for all the input from everyone that has been able to get to the game. Have a feeling our first experience will be making a 2 hour drive to Southland Lanes in Middleburg Heights in Ohio unless we can drive a little further to NorthEnd Pub in Lafayette, IN. Everyone enjoy!

#647 1 year ago
Quoted from SKORR_Arcades:

I was at Bartari today also and played 4 games of Scooby-Doo pinball. I ordered Scooby on day one. I play in local tournaments weekly and like to learn the game rules, but haven't really mastered any pin. Just have fun playing them. .... And this was fun.
I did my best on the first game with over 1.5 mil (GC was around 6.5mil). Next 3 games beat me up with scores around 200-500k.
The lower playfield is fast and I like that. The hardest/tightest shot for me was the Mystery Machine shot. And I like that because it's an important shot to start modes and lock balls - so it wasn't easy to start the multi-ball. If you miss that shot, the targets on either side fling the ball back so fast and drain - love it!
Starting Captain Cutler multiple ball was easier but the ball didn't stay up top too long.
NOTE: the ball got stuck coming off the top between the blue wire form and playfield. And also by the drops under the gate. Ball search took awhile to start, but they freed up without taking the glass off.
Also, the ball dropped off the top of the blue wire form before it want through it.
MY TAKE: I like the modes which is very important to me. The game can play fast at times looking around and the top sling. It does slow up at times with the diverter in the back and left shot to green wire form vuk. It's still very possible to lose the ball down the middle with the ball saver target, so that's cool. Not many outlane drains on easy setting, but I would lower them once we get better. Definitely can't wait to get mine.
VIDEO: When I recorded gameplay, my wife played one ball for over a minute, then when she went to record my game, I drained in 17 seconds! - that's pinball.
My Wife playing:
Me playing a crappy ball

This video appears to show the speaker lights working. Was that the case? Thank you. Watching on a phone so video is rather small or perhaps my eyes are just old. Haha.

#837 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I agree with this. The first time Spooky hears of an issue you’re having shouldn’t be in your first impressions post to everyone. And the issues shouldn’t be expected to be solved here (and after business hours on top of that).

Agreed. They are extremely responsive if you contact them directly through service at Spooky. They can't be expected to follow this forum closely after a 10 hour plus day at the factory. I'm not certain because I do not follow on Facebook but I assume that they might have to be responding to the Scooby Club there as well. BallyKiss I do hope that things go well today. I expect that your focus will be your daughter and your family today. This all becomes secondary at best. Good luck. Sending positive energy your way.

#838 1 year ago
Quoted from Maverick222:

On a more positive note has anyone that’s received their game got a butter cabinet?

Not going butter myself but would be curious to see pictures. Always found Spooky decals to be awesome but still curious. I know photos are a hard way to judge.

#901 1 year ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

To be fair, it was more like 6 holes drilled in the wrong spot. But yeah.
It isn't all doom and gloom, the game was fun once we got this sorted, I'm just concerned about what else we might find later and thought this might help others who may see similar symptoms.

Appreciate the comments and still excited about the game and still believe that Spooky is the best in customer service and communication. Certainly disappointing to see this but truly believe that this hos to be more an anomaly than an indication of their product. Have a Halloween and had zero problems with it other than the original coating which they replaced. Has consistently been good play in a home play environment with occasional/routine/anticipated tweaks here and there

#921 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I don't know what to say guys. I am on it I really am. I'm tearing apart the process and diagnosing how these things are getting by. I think we ship alot of really well done games but we need to reach a point where every game is perfect and we know that. We are not leaving anyone hanging and we will get it right. Believe me none of this is taken lightly and it's been front and center in the ship all week.
I think we do a ton of good things right that nobody else does and we also have a few things to work on as a company as does every pinball company. For now try not to write us off as I think we are just coming into our own with our best game ever. We improved immensely in many areas since our previous launch and I think we will continue to improve in these problem areas as well.

Keeping the faith here. Feel that you guys are very responsive. Feel bad for the folks experiencing these early QC issues but confident that, having read these comments, you and the spooky team will make certain that they are attended to. Always appreciate the efficiency of your responses on here and always have found direct support/contact quickly addressed as well.

#926 1 year ago

Not here to really criticize any game or manufacturer. There's a lot of games from a lot of manufacturers that I absolutely enjoy playing. I do not own but do enjoy Godzilla. I wouldn't likely own a game that I can play at just about any arcade or pinball bar. It does, however, just happens to be the #1 game in the Top 100 which I don't put a lot of significance toward. Just to get some perspective, however, go to the Stern Godzilla Official Owners Club page, and type in QC under keyword to search for posts. Have a quick look around. QC issues are not unique to Spooky, but their response consistently feels top rate.

#928 1 year ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

You're right. But having owned 200+ games over the past 8-9 years. This was a first for me. It looked like someone was blindly looking for a stud.

Agreeing it was a major flaw and should not have been given a pass. As you shared, though, too early to "pull out the pitchforks". You and others got Spooky's attention and I appreciate that for those of us further down the line in terms of game delivery.

#939 1 year ago

I wish I didn’t have to keep explaining this. The weld spot is BAD!! How can I move the wire form towards the ring at the weld spot!! Not trying to be a jerk but it CAN’T be done! This is the last time I am going to comment on this. And how can I play it? I would have to play it with the glass off.
Look at the damn picture I posted. You tell me how I can fix it. My daughter had brain surgery yesterday and I am done. I wanted my daughter to be able to play it before her surgery.

Glad your daughter's surgery went well and glad to see that Spooky is sending you a new green ramp. Hopefully you will have it up and running again when your daughter is home and a bit recovered so you can enjoy it as a family.

#959 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I hope Spooky gets this quality control stuff under control. My TNA played great, but some asshole wrote on it at the factory.
[quoted image]

Very cool.

#1200 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

We really don't have lives outside of pinball so we take it all really serious! And personal!

Appreciate you and everyone else Bug. I'm certain the vast majority of Spooky owners know that you are all truly dedicated to pinball and passionate about the games you put out. Speaking for myself it is evident that this is the case. I have to agree with Ghost King when he says "Don't overwork yourself or the team"(probably paraphrasing a bit...). Get the rest you need. Take the time you need. I'm hoping that we are generally a patient bunch who are awaiting delivery of our games and happy to put our trust in you and the team. Don't feel the rush to get things out...do your jobs but also live/have a life. Lots of different posts from lots of different game owners, "gonna be" game owners in these Spooky/Scooby threads attesting to the fact that, although we love our pinball, there are things that are much more important in life. You have to give yourselves the down time to appreciate those things too; spouses/partners/children/family/friends/fur-babies...; reward yourselves for coming up with a great game (although with a few initial issues here and there) by enjoying the upcoming "Scooby Themed Green St. Patrick's Day" with a good Irish Stout...the occasional non-Scooby pinball...hell; even a competitor's pinball for that matter...(haha). I have full confidence that the game will get there. Halloween did and it remains our favorite game. Spooky is always going to be on my favorites list!

#1403 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

BallyKISS1978 thank you for the detailed posts of your experience so far. As someone with one on order your posts are giving me perspective of what I’m in for.

This isn’t piling up on anyone. I wasn’t necessarily a fan of all of BK78 posts and took them with a grain of salt. He, unfortunately, may have gotten a game that needed some work which I do hope most of us don’t have to experience. I DO wish he would have dealt with Spooky directly instead of putting it all on here. It DID, however, show exactly how attentive Spooky is; responding to him in the middle of the night and on weekends. That’s my main take away. Spooky does indeed ROCK! I wouldn’t let his posts necessarily provide the perspective of “what you’re in for” or certainly scare folks who really are exited about this game away from it. Instead, look for and remember those posts that said their games had no issues or just required minor adjustments for both home use and arcade use. That allows a better perspective. I have every faith that Spooky will remain responsive and address concerns moving forward. They did it with Halloween. They’ll do it with Scooby. We had NIB issues with Deadpool a few years ago, and that certainly wasn’t at the front of the run on that game. Not a bad thing, but somehow BK78 made it into, what I thought, was a VIP first 50 games list. I did anticipate some false starts/early code/“could of done that better” issues in those early games. Kind of comes with the territory. Just check out the early comments in the majority of any manufacturers games. We are still super psyched for the game and certainly focusing on the positive comments while we tuck away some of the more constructive/thought filled/helpful commentary away for future use if necessary. I have every faith that Scooby has this and that they “have our 6”

#1420 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

I can’t tell if this is a serious post or not. While some posts in this thread are overkill, the suggestion issues should be hidden in the shadows is mind blowing. People should know what they are getting into and be able to share their experiences. Pinside isn’t a website to run PR for game makers or to ensure you get max resell value. How about we hold manufactures charging 10k for a toy to a higher standard and expect them to deliver working products instead of encouraging people to not share their experiences? Your issue should be with the company shipping a problematic game not with a fellow pinhead.

This is fairly reflective of where I'm at. I do appreciate thought filled/constructive commentary and DO use Pinside as a resource for those things that we can tackle ourselves. It's the posts that you describe as overkill that are problematic. The latter can become exhausting. It's not about resale value at all for me, as I intend to always have both Halloween and Scooby Doo (and I know Jj557 wasn't referencing my post) and would never even consider buying to flip (smells a bit of "ticket scalping" and we know what that did to the concert industry. It's about sharing comments that can be helpful without overdoing it and at the same time reaching out to Spooky directly for assistance rather than hoping that they might respond here late in the evening or on a weekend.

#1421 1 year ago

Anyone else snag one of the scratch & dent Scooby playfields from Spooky's site?
[quoted image]

Sweet.

#1508 1 year ago

Just kind of a shame someone is dominating the discussion again tonight either by posting himself or having people respond to his post. I don’t consider myself a “jerk” or an “apologist”. NOR do I necessarily mind folks sharing thoughtful/considered/helpful comments. We do take note of many of those to help with easy fixes. It’s just that some folks are exhausting. BK78, himself, shared in the Halloween Owners thread post #2516 “You being an early buyer you know you are the beta tester and you know you will have issues…buying early can be full of issues and that’s why I opted to get a later run”. Sorry I had to go there but several posts had commented on his commentary in Halloween and I just had to check for myself.

#1525 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Is there a Scooby on location near Cincinnati yet?

I understand Crazy Martins in Piqua has it. They have 6 or 7 Spooky games there. It’s basically a paraphernalia store with a pinball area. May be making a couple hour trip ourselves to play there later this week. Probably about an hour and a half from Cinci. Hope this helps.

#1526 1 year ago

Just checked Facebook. Crazy Martin’s does in fact have Scooby. It’s a great place! Been there before. Games well maintained

#1574 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I am ready to get this Mystery machine in my arcade. I am 152 so the wait should be just about over.
The IE pinball stream was great. I have watched it like five times.

#149. Anticipating mid/late April. I’m OK with a bit later…we don’t have a lot of games but trying to decide the lineup. A little extra time to decide and maybe do a bit of reno in the space. Have Halloween on the end right now because it’s a beautiful cabinet, but Scooby may win that spot. Also a great looking game

#1581 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

#149. Anticipating mid/late April. I’m OK with a bit later…we don’t have a lot of games but trying to decide the lineup. A little extra time to decide and maybe do a bit of reno in the space. Have Halloween on the end right now because it’s a beautiful cabinet, but Scooby may win that spot. Also a great looking game

Actually, number 179. Perhaps a bit quick on the draw. Ha ha hope I didn’t or don’t cause the actual number 149 anxiety. Sorry about that.

#1599 1 year ago

Here’s to you Scooby-Doo
[quoted image]

Always appreciate your on point video clips!!! THANK YOU!!!!

#1601 1 year ago

This calls for a cow beating
[quoted image]

AND again THANK YOU for the video clip! Hilarious.

#1692 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Alright. Here’s my way too early, honeymoon phase review on the game now that I’ve gotten intimate with it Shoutout to SpookyLuke spooky_dj SpookyBug and team for putting together a phenomenal game. You can feel the passion that went into this one.
I have this game to play in my home. Initially I felt a little slow but you need to set the pitch pretty steep. When the pitch is set properly, this thing rips and flows well. I was able to effectively hit all the shots on the lower playfield which is a fan layout. I enjoyed having the ability to backhand some of the important shots that start and progress modes. Backhanding the mystery machine is easier than a normal shot for me. I love the center ramp either acting as a traditional ramp or a diverter to the upper playfield if you use the book case diverter. The spinners are super smooth and the left spinner on the lower playfield is my favorite shot in the game.
The upper playfield is definitely a change of pace as the ball slows down compared to the rapid horse shoes on the lower. The bookcase flipper is really hard to master for the three lanes on the upper right side. You can’t really cradle and do a calculated shot which keeps it challenging and interesting.
The code is early and the game has another multi-ball coming in the next update which will help with the wow factor that multi-ball modes bring. The modes themselves are already well thought out and require interaction and intention. They’re also timed which adds pressure to the game. Pressure in game is something that makes the competitiveness of it super exciting. I like the paint mode where you dip your brush with certain shots to paint other lanes and then collect clues. Other modes make you refill oxygen and then hit a few shots, then refill again. That sort of creativity in modes really sets this apart for me.
It’s not a simple game by any means and it’s hard for me to get to unmasking on medium difficulty. I’m an above average player but I’m no tournament guy. I think on easy mode with closed lanes this game could be blown up by someone like me and enjoyed by novice players. Open outlanes and hard mode would make ball times very short.
The art on this machine is stunning. I got standard cabinet and am blown away by how it looks. I think that’s where Spooky really shines as a pinball company. The green sparkle powder coat on the legs, lockdown, and speaker panel are great. The topper looks nice but leaves a little to be desired. The lighting is dull which it seems like they were going for but it doesn’t wow me like the rest of the machine does.
Animations and callouts, well, it’s Scooby Doo and they got the OG series for clips and call outs. You get exactly what you’d expect, which I personally love. What more can you ask for than that and good integration with modes?
Overall, I’m loving the game so far and think this game will be incredible as code continues to develop, and music/callouts continue getting added since they said they have over 4,000. I can’t wait to try out the wizard mode once added. If you’re hesitant about this game, don’t freak out. It sounds like there were some bad apples early in production but that wasn’t my experience at all. This one might be bolted to the floor so the kids have a pinball theme they can love.

Appreciate the review. Thanks. Getting psyched…have been for a while..but the closer it’s getting the more I want to play. Think we’ll be making a drive to Piqua this weekend. About 2.5 hours, but they have a great collection of games including some older/harder to find games that may not be great games but you may want to experience…like Pabst Can Crusher…certainly not a great game but always had me intrigued

#1693 1 year ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

Does anyone know if there is a Scooby Doo out on location in Ohio (Columbus, Cleveland, Pittsburg) that I can drop a few bucks in. I haven't heard a names of one showing up to Pinbrew (yet).

I’m not certain how long it will be. I think they have #111. Southland Lanes in Middleburg Heights just outside of Cleveland should be getting one soon. Not certain how far you are from Piqua but Crazy Martins already has one there. Both places are great locations. The former is a bowling lane with cheap alcohol…haha…the latter is a “head shop” with a really nice pinball room. Highly recommend both. You can find both on the Pin Map here. Hope this helps

#1695 1 year ago
Quoted from RoxasUrSoxas:

I should be hearing that mine has shipped for Southland Lanes in Middleburg Heights any day now.

We’ll be there!!! Great news. Stop there every trip to Cleveland (whic is once or twice most months). GREAT COLLECTION OF GAMES!!!

#1696 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

I’m not certain how long it will be. I think they have #111. Southland Lanes in Middleburg Heights just outside of Cleveland should be getting one soon. Not certain how far you are from Piqua but Crazy Martins already has one there. Both places are great locations. The former is a bowling lane with cheap alcohol…haha…the latter is a “head shop” with a really nice pinball room. Highly recommend both. You can find both on the Pin Map here. Hope this helps

Didn’t see the post from Southland Lanes before I posted this. They already responded. They are frequently in this thread. Looking forward to their game arrival and RoxasUrSoxas feedback/commentary. This is a great family owned business and Rox seems to be a very accomplished and able pinhead (which I am not…the husband is the fixer and tech…haha…I just love playing and don’t do it all that well..haha). Setting the different levels of play on this thing may actually allow me to win a few games. My wins on Halloween are few but they do exist…haha!

#1698 1 year ago

Crazy Martin tournament and Scooby Launch Party on March 26. AND no I don’t work for Crazy Martins or Southland Lanes. Just a fan of both: https://facebook.com/events/s/march-pinball-tournament/776087766712480/

#1703 1 year ago

Horrific and very oddly unsettling clip…always great! Talk about a villain! “Scooby Dooby Doo, where are you? We got some work to do now.”

#1757 1 year ago
Quoted from Sharkbait:

Just got my email for CE #182 can’t wait to have this in our shop.

Same for #179!

#1796 1 year ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Shipping weight was listed at 380 lbs.

Thanks for that info! Been wondering. I was seeing approximate weights of 400 o 450 and was growing a bit concerned as were "the boys". Haha.

#1802 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

PS: Cheap meaning inexpensive. Haha

#1808 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Spooky is all over this thread and respond almost daily. I find it funny that we all talk like they are not here. "I hope spooky will do this" "I can't believe spooky is still doing this". Instead of, "Hey spooky, you should do this" lol</b

Agree and absolutely noted

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Agree and absolutely noted

An absolute testimony to Insight75's commentary. Damn that was fast!!! Haha. Spooky YOU'RE the best!!!

#1824 1 year ago

Crazy Martin’s Piqua, Ohio

1CEC1135-94C6-4A83-B07A-930442758221 (resized).jpeg1CEC1135-94C6-4A83-B07A-930442758221 (resized).jpeg3FA5F1AA-53E0-42AF-B9CC-C4584FE9F3D5 (resized).jpeg3FA5F1AA-53E0-42AF-B9CC-C4584FE9F3D5 (resized).jpeg7AD735C9-D87C-4D04-89FE-D879766D07F1 (resized).jpeg7AD735C9-D87C-4D04-89FE-D879766D07F1 (resized).jpegABCE0D0D-2879-4D20-A164-0F22AE27DF66 (resized).jpegABCE0D0D-2879-4D20-A164-0F22AE27DF66 (resized).jpeg
#1825 1 year ago

Here now. Can’t share video but loving the game. Also giving us a chance to revisit much of the Spooky lineup!!!!

#1826 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

Here now. Can’t share video but loving the game. Also giving us a chance to revisit much of the Spooky lineup!!!!

PS: No obvious issues to me but not a great player. Husband (who is a much better player and does do tournament play) isn’t indicating any issues. Again, first few games but definitely excited to have it in the collection relatively soon!

#1831 1 year ago

Damn. Had I seen this I would have left a message. Left about 20 minutes ago. Hsha. TERRIFIC place. Been a few times. About a 2.5 hour drive but definitely worth the drive today…or anytime you’re “jonesing” for a spooky lineup. Haha. Only place like it that I know…at least in the Midwest. I am certain most buyers will be more than happy with their purchase especially when you compare what you get for your $$$ when you compare to any other manufacturer.

#1833 1 year ago

It’s all good glad you had a good time

I did just send Crazy Martin’s a Facebook message saying you said Hi to Devin. Keep those clips coming. I may have to use that “beating a dead horse” pic myself somewhere! Do have to appreciate the levity on here sometimes! Thanks. Again, everyone, loving Scooby. If I can figure out how to share vids I will. Just understand that my game play provides no indication of just how good this game is. There’s plenty of video out there by now that does a better job of that. Haha.

#1841 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

No rest for the wicked (aka Spooky). SpookyLuke and SpookyBug drove down to Louisville after work to show off Scooby-Doo at the Louisville Arcade Expo.

Damn! You guys need down time. Morgan too! She is emailing late into the evening with butter? emails and responding early in the morning. Wicked? Wicked cool maybe. Haha

#1866 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

With all the Scooby Doo released in the wild, it’s making me super excited for this machine. Light show looks amazing and the codes seems further along then previous titles.
Looks like April will be the month for my machine so I will have to get my doobie snacks ready… oh I mean Scooby snacks.

Doobie/Scooby all good.

#1868 1 year ago

Will do an actual review and ratings/comments after we actually have the game for a while. Went to Crazy Martins and we got about 10 games in. It was middle of the day on Thursday so not a lot of traffic, but those that came in played Scooby. Everyone seemed to enjoy it. Had absolutely NO issues while playing, and shop staff said it was good right out the box. No idea how difficult they had it set, but I eventually got a high score of 1.5 mil for myself. The husband…a much better player :?had a high score in the 5 mil area. Game and lights are amazing. I love what Scooby does with their lights. The toys/figures on this machine look terrific. They almost have a retro plastic Aurora classic monster model look that older players may remember. Certainly appropriate for this game. Took a few minutes to figure out how balls got to the upper playfield and how the bookcase worked. Once you do, however, it turns the upper playfield into a terrific game play area IMO. Thinking once I get my bearings a bit better I’ll be able to keep the ball up there longer. The bookcase is one of my favorite things about the game. The mystery van ball locks aren’t horrible to get, and once I learn the modes a bit better I’ll do a bit better. Helped to have someone along that kind of read as I was playing and directing my play a bit. The husband is a much more intuitive player. I’m more a “keep your flippers going and pray” player for quite a while when learning a game. Both of us loved this game. Spooky makes great looking, unique games that really do stand out for us personally. I know as code progresses this game will certainly live up to even its earliest accolades. It was nice to revisit many of the Spooky game lineup at Crazy Martins and realize how this company has steadily progressed and IMO continues to impress and set itself apart. Definitely looking forward to our Scooby and NOT AT ALL CONCERNED with where this game is headed.

#1870 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would suggest waiting to drop reviews on this game until the code is done. Probably better to do it this time next year.

I guess I understand where you are coming from, but that would be a lot of waiting. Perhaps you meant until the code was a bit more progressed. I’d certainly see that as the case for an actual ratings review (although those can be updated as well) but I’ve appreciated some of the game play reviews here. Halloween is still updating code as is Deadpool (the only two I can definitively speak to). I would hate to have seen no reviews on those games.

#1883 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Disagree with you on this one. I’m a nerd. I play video games - a lot of which are released with early code and a bunch of bugs. Those early reviews let me know if I’m going to take the plunge (ha!) early or wait it out. I also think common themes in early reviews can help developers tweak features in future updates.
That’s leaving out all of the other things in pinball that don’t change with code - like artwork and playfield geometry. So I say early reviews are cool - but definitely should be done in a way that acknowledges it’s an unfinished package.
Edit: *after I wrote this I saw a post on the hype thread where a guy “blew up” Scooby and said he’s selling it. I’m picking up what you’re putting down chuckwurt

I saw that as well…way too early for that kind of thing.

#1900 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I look on here and notice some invoices have been sent out. Just looked at my email and there it was. SD #152 is paid up.

Did the same with #179. This is moving right along.

#1916 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

If you can’t find one in the city PM me I should have mine soon and you are welcome to come play it for free. I’m about an hours drive from the city.

Nice offer. Was trying to help identify a place for you as well. Pinmap didn't help but they aren't always up to date. Three of the larger place in NY are Barcade, Sunshine Laundromat and JackBar. Couple of those places have some Spooky games. Might be worth following them on Facebook. Just so you know I am NOT from NYC or anywhere close....so I may have no real idea what I am talking about. Haha. Solely looking around on here and trying to help. I did the same thing a week ago trying to find somewhere close to me. GOOD LUCK! Enjoy your trip. Again nice offer SlapDrain!!!

#1917 1 year ago
Quoted from Bigr1ch:

Hi, i'm new to pinball and looking to buy the amazing Scooby Doo. Love the look, lighting, everything, especially the theme. I'm almost 57 so grew up with Scoob.
Was a little put off with all the issues people were having the last couple of weeks, but still very interested. Was very impressed with Spooky offering help and advice so fast. They seem a great company.
I'm in the UK, and on speaking to the company importing the pins, the UK is getting it's quota late this year, or early next year.
Just wondering before i pull the trigger and pay the deposit, is anyone aware of any locations in New York getting a Scooby? Have found a couple of places in Brooklyn with multiple pins, so hoping to try before i buy.
Will be in Manhattan for a week, in a couple of weeks time.
Cheers guys!

Bigr1ch see above. Haha.

#2071 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I watch the Buffalo guys when they stream new Multimorphic stuff because they are generally the first to do so but I learned not to take their opinions too seriously when they reviewed Houdini and said there was no light show or sounds that correlated to the trunk shot - ya' gotta be blind, deaf or just really biased to miss that.

Have to agree. That is a nonsensical statement about Houdini. It continues to be one of our favorite games. Almost owned it at one point and still would. Had the opportunity to buy it from a pinball bar, but it got scooped up from under us...just about 5 minutes to slow on the draw. Like Spooky, and obviously Scooby, American did things a bit differently with Houdini. Like both Scooby and Halloween, it is a beautiful game. Listened to the Buffalo guys for the first time after reading some of this...yeah; not a fan!

#2072 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Oh that was another review that didn't make much sense at all.
Yeah that comment about the trunk, he said they should dim the lights and put a spotlight on it - but that is exactly what happens....? Literally the game stops, all the lights go out and then a strobing spotlight hits the trunk alone and the catapult flings the ball into it (every single time I might add).
They complained it was too verbose - but you can configure the level of verbosity in the game, and you can turn off the shot indications etc, which is such a great feature - you can leave it switched on while you figure out the shots/rules then turn it off when you don't need the verbal cues anymore.
... and as for the shots being too tight, I just don't get that at all. It seems to be a common opinion but how many of those people have actually played the game? Visually yes they appear to be narrow, but I can consistently hit orbits/ramps/ball locks and yes it can be combo'd even by an average player such as myself. The only really hard shot on the whole game is the left hand milkcan loop.

Please play it - I think you'll be as surprised as I was at how great it is.
Ok back on topic... For Scooby - any other Aussie orders on here?

Ditto. Awesome game...Houdini that is and Scooby is/will be!

#2187 1 year ago

#111 should be shipping this week!!!!

May need to be making the trip to Southland then. Haha.

#2200 1 year ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

2 weeks of ownership tomorrow. Really like the pin and so does the family... plus still no issues, which never hurts.
As I'm average at best, I've been playing different parts of the pin each game; upper playfield (cutler), upper playfield (loops/ramps), loops, spinners, ramps, etc as an attempt to be able to put a full game together down the road. Having fun taking that approach!

Sounds like a sound approach. Haha. Will probably be doing much the same myself. Going to steal/borrow your strategy!

#2249 1 year ago
Quoted from u2sean:

So a brief update on the Scooby we've had out at I/O Arcade. Now that it's been out there for a month, here are some takeaways and observations:
1. Highest played game we've ever had in a one month period - EVER (we've been doing this for 9 years now). Almost 30% higher than any other game in a one month period. It's popular with both casual and competitive players. Great lighting, callouts, and the theme definitely draws in all ages!
2. Initially had some issues to resolve such as upper flipper bolts that loosened, stuck balls, drop targets that needed slight adjustment, mystery machine VUK adjust, and a few other minor things that escape me at the moment. It was down about a day over the first week (mechanical and code related). Since then it's been up and running the whole time with routine maintenance, and still looks and plays fantastic. As with ANY new game (Spooky, Stern, JJP, AP, Dutch) the first week is always the toughest because things that are going to break do.
3. Code is important. Overall it was really fun to play straight away and modes were there, but the initial code that came with Scooby had some bugs in it that caused it to be down for a bit. Spooky corrected them very quickly and since then it's been solid. JJP is top notch in this aspect with very code complete games at launch. CGC and AP are generally quite complete, with Spooky and Stern bringing up the rear. Having mostly complete code at launch would be ideal from a stability standpoint. Yes it's fun to see how games improve over time as updates are made, but would be nice if all modes and primary features were ready at launch and then smaller bugfixes as needed from that point forward.
4. Spooky support is top notch. Period. Every single time we reached out they replied almost immediately and took care of the request in a quick and efficient manner. Bug and Luke - thank you!
5. New board set has been running great, is very clean and takes a TON of wires out of the game compared to previous Spooky titles.
6. I really wish the upper playfield was simpler to access for maintenance. Think of BK2K and Shadow where you can remove a bolt or two and it hinges up for easy access to flippers as well as the lower playfield for cleaning. Scooby requires some work to get off, kind of like GoT prem/LE.
7. Overall build quality is excellent. Solid feel to the game, and things have been holding up exceptionally well so far. Playfield looks just like it did on day one.
I'm excited to get my personal game in the coming weeks and spend some time actually PLAYING!

Appreciate the review U2sean. Have played at I/O a few different times on a short trip to Madison. Great place. First place we played Halloween. were contemplating a trip there for Scooby from Michigan. Haha. One turned up in Ohio though. Lots of good information in the review. Looking forward to the game. IMO, I'd just ignore some of the rather nonsensical follow-up questions. You have a business to run. Haha

#2252 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Nonsensical? If you post on a thread people are going to ask questions.

I don't disagree with folks asking questions after a review is posted. I'm just not certain that foot traffic vs. numerical value, etc. is information that someone would readily have available without a bit of further delving. I'm not a pinball business owner and could be wrong relative to how time consuming that information might be to access. I just feel that u2sean was providing a review of the game from an arcade owners perspective, simply and I sometimes wonder if somethings are agendized going in. Apologies if reading too much into things.

#2256 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

No worries, I think the 30% part is what grabs attention a least for me as that could be a big number or a small number.
But without numbers to translate 30% off of it is irrelevant.
Personally I was just wondering what games it was up against to see if was just cash cow.
So basically it does not really matter as there are so many different factors to consider.
Is it because it is the new kid on the block?
Is it that only so many have shipped and the area is hot for it?
Is it in a church or a strip club?
On and on.
I will take it for what it is. No Worries.
Time for me to eat my St. Patrick's day beef and a beer.

Will join you for that beer! Cheers! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

#2302 1 year ago

No! Not feeling empowered at all or need to. Sad you feel that. I get empowered by my family. You guys who down vote me for posting can kiss my …. I have been supporting Scooby even before Halloween and since.
Some of you are really pathetic. Most of you wouldn’t survive what my wife and I have gone through. Any of you survive loosing three kids? Major health problems where you can’t work anymore?
Get your house foreclosed on and start over moving across country with a family of six?! Have to rebuild your credit for a few years and be able to buy a house again?
Almost loosing my daughter to diabetic ketoacidosis twice? Daughter needing brain surgery? A wife with major health problems and in pain constantly?
Survive a childhood with a mother who was verbally and physically abusive?
Yeah I don’t need any empowerment from ANYONE!! Like many on here who think they are some Pinside celebrities. Give me a break.
Just posting issues since Spooky is on here. So downvote away. I don’t need any of you on here. Appreciate the ones who do support me.
Some of you need to grow up. It’s just freaking pinball. Have a nice weekend.

Lots of folks have been through lots of things...some terrible. I do feel for them (and your family)...BUT my husband and I were both raised understanding that terrible hardships are not an excuse for bad behaviors. IMHO that fist up picture of yours said it all...there seems to be an underlying core of intolerance that is hard to stomach ... and "NO" I won't give you the satisfaction of ignoring you. I have upvoted you in both this thread as well as Halloween on several occasions for thoughtful posts. Many, I feel, however, are neither thoughtful nor considered.

#2304 1 year ago

Off topic…just watched the movie Pinball: The Man who Saved the Game. Someone had mentioned it on here a few weeks ago…a fun watch with a bit of pinball history.

#2311 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

Where did you find it available to watch?

Amazon Prime has it. Other streaming sites may also have it…maybe You Tube

#2342 1 year ago

Who’s excited for some new code next week? Should have a new multiball implemented with games going to TPF.

Although our game should be arriving in a few weeks, may be taking a few hour drive to Southland Lanes next week just to get back to a Scooby game. Excited to play some of the updates since we played at Crazy Martins. Trying to hold off on buying any sort of mods or Scooby decor until we have game in hand…damn, though, it’s hard!!!

#2347 1 year ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

Everyone keep an eye out in the next few days! We have some great new mods that we will be releasing for your Scooby!

Ahhh…you tempt me after my last post. Haha! Brutal!!

#2355 1 year ago

I don't think you will be able to resist...lolol!

Ahh…a challenge…will have to see what you have. We may lose this one…haha…we’re kind of chomping at the bit wanting to grab something here pre-game. If it’s a weak moment you could easily win this one…couldn’t resist some of your Halloween stuff. Sure your Scooby stuff will be great…DAMN YOU!!!

#2357 1 year ago
Quoted from OGpinball:

Where did you watch it / stream it? Cheers

Just in case TiltBob isn’t on. We watched on Amazon Prime. TiktBob shared that Apple TV also had it to stream and I understand that YouTube Movies has it…just in case someone needs a pinball fix during or instead of basketball. Haha. Not doing much better with my NCAA choices than I do with many of my pinball plays…but enjoy them both!

#2382 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Ok, this forum is not a place that you should be dumping details about your trauma. I’ve been watching you for this for years without saying anything. But I’ve heard from you more than I’d like and now you’re going to hear from me. It’s all been very off-putting and I urge you to consider that people come to pinside and into this hobby to take their mind OFF of their troubles. So…you may actually be triggering other people here and I find it very selfish that you keep doing this. We’re all very sorry to hear about your difficulties but really, honestly…how is any of this any of our business? It’s just completely inappropriate. With all due respect I suggest that you speak to a professional and not air it out in here.

Just stating what many of us probably wanted to but MUCH MORE eloquently. Well stated and with respect. Thank you, mpdpvdpin!!!

#2393 1 year ago

If you loosen the screws on one end of the pcbs near to where you need to get a nut driver, it opens up the space and gives you the room you need.

Appreciate the heads up both of you…#179 should be here in a few weeks. Trying to make mental note for the “just in cases”.

#2403 1 year ago

I've played at Great American Pinball a couple of times now, I'd agree that it feels like the bookcase could be stronger, but maybe it's powered that way on purpose. The shots aren't impossible as-is, but pretty hard.

Shared before that I played a few games at Crazy Martins. Took me a minute to figure out how the ball got to the upper playfield as well as how to do much of anything while I was up there. Got the hang of it a bit myself. Husband had a much better handle on it after about 5 games. The book case flipper did seem weak but agree with you when you shared that perhaps it was powered that way on purpose. It seemed that I was better able to manage the ball after a few trips to the upper playfield. Husband certainly able to hit shots. Can’t wait to see how it plays at home, but there does seem to be some consensus that the bookcase is slow…the MYSTER is if it is designed by purpose or miscalculation. I’m certain Spooky will let us know. Just tossing out a question that a few have shared before…what kind of score are folks getting in these early games? Frankly, I’ve not yet broken 2 million (but definitely will soon…”he said with confidence”…). Husband (hereafter to be called a much less formal Chad) was consistently hitting in the 5 million area and got as high as 8 mill. These were after about 8 games. With Halloween we shot lower scores in our first time out. Just curious how scores are lining up NOT by way of competition but more so in terms of our experiences among average pinball players. Second excursion this coming week to Southland Lanes in Middleburg Hts, OH…just outside of Cleveland.

#2406 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I may be mistaken, but I believe a traditional playfield is 17/32” plywood that gets routed, inserts, planed down, then art and clear are applied and polished for a final thickness of 1/2”
I think Spooky starts with 1/2” ply? Or maybe they did in the past? So it’s only slightly thinner
Pretty sure American Pinball has the same playfield vendor too

Spooky, it sounds like it might be helpful to provide some guidance as to the playfields thicknessses and sizes of hex and slotted screws that might be recommended (whatever is used during production). We have a tool box labeled for all things pinball with minuscule rachets, wrenches, screw drivers and nut drivers. Also have some base hardware. Be easy to grab a variety if 1/6 screws and hex heads.

#2407 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

There have been a two different discussions regarding the power of the upper flipper. I just want to make sure they are separate. The "normal" use is of course controlled by the coil. That power is intentionally lower to account for the shorter distance those shots are traveling. There is already a menu setting to turn this up or down. The backhand off the left side of the bookcase flipper is controlled by the spring which returns the flipper to the home position. If it's super weak, I'd suspect the bushing alignment or make sure the corner of the bookcase isn't rubbing against the rubber post.

Thank you!

#2411 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

There have been a two different discussions regarding the power of the upper flipper. I just want to make sure they are separate. The "normal" use is of course controlled by the coil. That power is intentionally lower to account for the shorter distance those shots are traveling. There is already a menu setting to turn this up or down. The backhand off the left side of the bookcase flipper is controlled by the spring which returns the flipper to the home position. If it's super weak, I'd suspect the bushing alignment or make sure the corner of the bookcase isn't rubbing against the rubber post.

Thanks for the quick response, Spooky! Never mind...had already responded last night. Too early this morning. I'm working Spooky hours. Haha.

#2422 1 year ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

BACK ALLEY CREATINONS: 7 Days of Texas: DAY 4 : SCOOBY DOO!

SCOOBY DOO DAY 1 OF 2 !!
Here at Back Alley Creations we spent many long hours designing the sculpts and toys to be manufactured in the recently released Scooby Doo pinball brought to you by our good friends at Spooky Pinball! Because of this reason, it only made good sense for us to design some new mods for it. These mods that we are releasing today blend naturally with everything in the game and look right at home! We have had so much fun making things for this game that we decided to bring you 2 days in a row of new mod releases for this title. Today we are going to bring you 3 new items. We hope you enjoy them and please stay tuned for more upcoming releases!
"Shannon" in mine cart: Shannon is the twin brother of one of our favorite lead characters in Scooby Doo! In this sculpt he is sitting in the mine cart and ready ride the rails alongside Scooby and the Miner in mine cart sculpts already in the game. He comes attached to one of our EZ Clips in the same fashion that Scooby and the Miner are both attached for easy installation on the wire form as shown in the pictures below.
Gold City Mine Rock Trail: In the upper right section of the game you will fine the Gold City Mine. We have taken what is shown in that area on decals and created a hand sculpted Rock Trail to give you more depth and realism to the the Scooby Doo world that is under the glass of your pinball machine. The Rock Trail can be seen in the pics below.
Here at BAC we have created sculped speaker and coin door slime for many titles in the past and did not want to leave our beloved Scooby Doo pin out on this mod. Sculpted and painted in a style to match the beautiful artwork, we are offering two versions of coin door slime as well as the full width speaker panel slime sculpt in two fading color choices, purple to blue or blue to purple.
Please visit the link below to see these and all of the other mods offered for this title by Back Alley Creations.
https://backalleycreations.com/collections/scooby-doo-pinball-mods
Thanks for your support!
BAC

Great mods and pics. Have the drips (in blood red) on out Halloween. They look great. Will be getting those for Scooby (in the new color) when they restock. Probably going to grab Shaggy and those rocks too after the game comes. Haha.

#2424 1 year ago

The Pinsider that made the post is not Matt from Back Alley Creations. He just shared the info.

Thanks for pointing that out RebelGuitar. Hadn't noticed that. Comments stand, however. Haha. Thanks for the pics ulmpharmd.

#2429 1 year ago

Hey everyone...sorry for the website glitch. Everything should be up and running now. We are just running crazy trying to get everything done for TPF. Excited to see everyone there and show you all of our new ideas in person. We still have more new things to show off in the next few days and even many more in the days/weeks to come, so stay tuned! I think all you Scooby fans are going to really be happy with tomorrow's release...we are stoked to show you! Also, Ulmpharmd that comments on here is indeed a Back Alley team member...he presents alot of things here for me which allows me time to keep cranking on new mods Thanks again for all the support everyone!

Good to know. Great stuff!

#2520 1 year ago

Hmm...the speaker magnet graphics look super dull/washed out color wise, compared to the rest. I was all in for that mod, but from this photo, not so much. May go with the blue slime instead.

Think the slime will look great. Going to get the slime for Scooby. Got the red blood drippings (actually marketed for Elvira) for Halloween, and they were terrific.

#2521 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Yeah I’ve ordered a lot from them and colors are not vibrant like photoshop pics on site.

Good to know. I had been on the fence but the pics and the comments here have steered me away. Still a nice mod, though, and clearly an individual preference. Nice to have choices out there for Scooby.

#2523 1 year ago

I haven’t gotten mine yet. Still in NYC. Man that looks bad. Have you emailed wizard mods asking why so dull? I ordered from them before and always happy with the quality. That’s disappointing.

OhOh

#2525 1 year ago
Quoted from Danzig:

If you actually listen to the extremely vocal minority “most Pinsiders” then you’d never buy any pinball machine ever. Scooby is Spooky’s best game to date and gameplay is fantastic, I haven’t had any issues so far.

Saw your posts on Facebook Scooby. Great looking dog!

#2551 1 year ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice collection

#2571 1 year ago

#2 what I did last night was when locking the lock down bar I pressed down on the left side of the bar. That helps to make it tighter and for me very little play on the left side.

Nothing to do with this particular post but...Just saw the release of American Pinball's Galactic Force. As we are fans of Houdini saw the videos and were just curious what the hype was saying. Visited the hype thread and saw you shitting all over that too. Saw your requisite negative reference to Spooky and your perceived slow delivery of your game. Had to see what else you were saying. Yeah, you are just a hate filled guy...and don't go "God Blessing" me. I appreciate when most people say that but I despise when people say that when it is the last thing they really mean. Again...not going to ignore you because you do have some good things to share occasionally...but all the negative stuff wherever you wander is just a bit much. Your facebook shares (easy to find since you are on the Halloween/Spooky page) really do tell it all. You are the last person that should be preaching about "hate". Like others I have tried to save my thoughts, and bit my lip, but damn... I guess misery loves company.

#2575 1 year ago

Would you all please take this to another room this is getting old real fast

Point made. Thanks, Tiltbob.

#2577 1 year ago

Not trying to be rude but I Love Pinball…. A lot of valuable information to be found here on Pinside. But the bickering is stressful

Absolutely agree. You're not being rude. My bad. Back to Scooby. #179 and should be shipping soon based on what others are reporting here. Being shipped by R&L. My only question now is if we can actually hold off buying mods (especially the drips and "Shannon" mine cart) before the game arrives. The UV capabilities also create a new dilemma (a very positive one) for what to do about lighting in the game room. Going to need to get some black lights up!! Thanks Ballykiss1978 for your black light video. Do appreciate that.

#2579 1 year ago

I think we will see some innovation with UV lighting for SD. Some low cost ways to get our glow on! I have a little bit over a hundred units more to go after you get yours. Take a lot a photos

Will do. Happily surprised with the delivery times. You shouldn't have that long a wait ahead of you. #179 sort of snuck up on us (again in a good way).

#2581 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

I’m 100% in on the apron mod. It’s a little spendy but looks like a quality 3D sculpt, and most importantly it gets rid of the spotlight in the out lane which will look much better and make the playfield easier to lift.

Agree...a bit pricey (which I can understand the pricing) but damn that's hard to say no to. Not going to go there just yet but think it's a great mod. Because Back Alley did all the sculps certain it will fit in the game nicely. Hoping to see some pics from folks who add those to their games soon and get their feedback. I imagine it will be very well received.

#2589 1 year ago

I was thinking that flying bats on the speaker panel would looks awesome.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That does look good. Should be an easy find as well. This is a great game to play with. Haha. I think that themes based on animated/cartoon original content just seem to lend themselves well to a variety of mods and enhancements

#2594 1 year ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I hear the theme song when I see the bats

Agree. I think you hit on something Tiltbob!!! ... and now I'm hearing the theme song. Well that's going to be in my head for awhile.

#2616 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Well that escalated quickly

Have to love a bit of shock humor

#2638 1 year ago

Oh my…… let’s see

Challenged. Haha. You can do it TiltBob!!

#2642 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Anybody seeing a cock…that’s their problem.
If they want a mod…that’s ok…but not Spooky's
problem. If this is what we have to complain about…Scooby’s a home run.

Didn’t think he was serious. Maybe he was. Certainly doesn’t need to be changed. Find the whole cock thing sort of humorous and definitely not intentional. Can’t imagine that being done intentionally. Having reread that post now I’m not certain if it was in jest…

#2663 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Thanks Pinbuds!!

A couple people set up some shipping projections and self tracking spread sheets. They are in topic index/key posts. Pretty easy to find if you scroll to the top of this page (although it did take me a minute to figure it out…haha). The projections have been pretty close. Thanks to those who tackled it, entered the early data, and got the sheets going. Been nice to have.

#2664 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

A couple people set up some shipping projections and self tracking spread sheets. They are in topic index/key posts. Pretty easy to find if you scroll to the top of this page (although it did take me a minute to figure it out…haha). The projections have been pretty close. Thanks to those who tackled it, entered the early data, and got the sheets going. Been nice to have.

Never mind. Someone already referenced the spreadsheets while I was SLOWLY typing.

#2682 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

probably a good idea regardless, but my guess is the zerosurge still offers superior protection
<sorry didn't mean to hijack the owners thread - but I cringe when I see these expensive machines plugged into $10 power strips or cheap surge protectors>

It’s a good post. People will appreciate it. I do. Better yet Scooby will

#2683 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Thanks. I’ve been in the hobby 3ish years so still learning.

Ditto

#2696 1 year ago

What was the fix for the topper and flipper LED's not working?

Posts 1019 and 1034 might address what you are asking. Ballykiss1978 posted.

#2699 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Scooby Doo #152 shipping today!

#179 can’t be long

#2738 1 year ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Not that I am aware of, I am guessing it just comes down to who services the delivery area. I'm guessing you may be looking at R+L Carriers? That is who brought my Rick and Morty and how Scooby is coming as well.

R & L here as well. Just north of Toledo. No complaints. They delivered our Halloween and we’re able to advise as they were getting closer from what I remember.

#2740 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I've found the exact opposite. R&L destroyed my Scooby and had to reject the delivery, then proceeded to take almost 2 weeks to get it back to Spooky, still waiting a month later to get my game. I have had ok luck with them in the past but plenty of quite questionable holes in boxes and damage to the point I had to unbox and inspect things in my driveway. Delivery people were complete a-holes about it too, as I inconvenienced their lives.
FedEx while I've had less deliveries from them, not a scratch on the boxes and way more courteous delivery people.

Good to know. Will make certain we are home when it is delivered! That’s pretty troubling

#2772 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Thank you! It was nuts we drove all night and set up the games. Headed to the hotel room to take a 3 hour nap. When we came back downstairs we basically got ambushed by people and all sold on like a 2 hour spurt. Overall it's just been overwhelmingly positive. People are having a ton of fun.

Doesn’t surprise me! Sure there’s a lot of Soooky/Scooby love there and for good reason.

#2906 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Just got notice that #181 is ready to ship from Spooky. I’ve got my Titan_Pinball pinmat and external subwoofer connectors ready to go! [quoted image]

Should be getting #179 soon then.

#2944 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Interesting, you can see in this video at about the 21 minute mark that the games they do show don't have number plaques on them. I'm guessing one of the Spooky crew will let us know the mystery behind this once they recover from their Shiner Bock, Titos and BBQ hangover.

Shiner Bock

#2959 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

#181 direct from Spooky timeline for those trying to feel out what to expect:
3/8/2023 - invoice email
3/28/2023 - ready to ship email
3/29/2023 - R+L txt with delivery window
3/31/2023 - delivery date

#179 supposed to go out tomorrow. Invoiced and paid on 3/11. Hoping to hear from R+L before the weekend.

#3002 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

#179 supposed to go out tomorrow. Invoiced and paid on 3/11. Hoping to hear from R+L before the weekend.

#179 slated for delivery on Monday, invoiced and paid on 3/11, being shipped through R+L...so just over 3 weeks from invoice date to delivery.

#3033 1 year ago

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0BDMK4CPJ/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1

Just looking around for magnetic bats for the speaker panel and coin door. These might be a little large. Right idea though. Since someone mentioned it on here, I’m feeling that might be a good choice for our tastes…and cheap…allows more mods later on. Did get the Shannon…couldn’t hold out, haha

#3038 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

someone posted this back a few pages ago and it turned out very well IMHO
amazon.com link »

Saw that as well. Both great inexpensive choices. This game will just be fun to add a bit too.

#3039 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

1 hour into my 4 hour delivery window for Scooby and I've gotten up from my desk about 150 times to look out the front window…

Doing stupid shit too…like checking R+L tracking all the time even though I know it isn’t being delivered until Monday…BUT it IS resting in Norwalk, OH. Even that is enough to make us happy. Have to laugh at myself sometimes

#3058 1 year ago
Quoted from mjg417:

Finally got a chance to play it at southland lanes in Middleburg heights and it played perfect with no issues, the girlfriend then picked up this melt to burn after .

Southland is great!!! We were just there on Monday and may stop again on Tuesday.

#3060 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

She's a beaut, Clark!
[quoted image]

That's a great line-up.

#3115 1 year ago

Maybe pinside has become too toxic. Not even club threads are moderated…Spooky is the last manufacturer routinely on here…if they leave…and that’s is up to them…I guess it’s on to the next…whatever that is.
</

#3138 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I just received a moderator moderating me for pointing out a moderating. Not sure what to say. My post has been deleted.

I deleted my response to you in support of your original post as it no longer made any sense since yours had been moderated and then, unfortunately, deleted. There are those who have dominated this thread for no good reason and, yet, they have been allowed to continue. I don’t get it. I will continue to go to pinside as I have for several years because there is good information here. I just wish the haters, as well as those who still appear whiny and pissed that they were not “allowed” to create this owners thread, would spread their misery elsewhere.
Joy filled day here though. Shannon is slated for delivery tomorrow, and Scooby should not be too far behind! Going to be a great week!

#3142 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I have loved pinside and the support…but
It has changed…I need to take a break. I wish all
that need support or ideas well, but this is not that forum anymore. I’ll look for other pin sites to help. New pinballers are the future. Peace and pinball!

Hate to see you leave Dnapac. Have enjoyed your posts. Hopefully you’ll come back after a break. Understand where you are coming from though. Enjoy that Scooby!!!

#3163 1 year ago
Quoted from TSB_:

I had the same thing with mine, and made some spacers. See post #3129:
PM me if you need a set.

Thanks, TSB: Will definitely watch for it tomorrow. Helpful. Reading issues with that center ramp. Hopefully won’t be a consideration for us but glad to know there’s some one out there with a fix if we need it

#3250 1 year ago

Thanks, Morinack! These are very cool. Could see them on the speaker panel and coin door as well. So many choices. Haha.

#3366 1 year ago

#179 arrived home, and we finally have it set up (after a day filled with storms). After an afternoon of playing, happy to report that there were no problems out of the box. After the two of us lugged it downstairs 14 steps deeps...haha (it IS a beast), it was a straight forward set up, and we were into the game; cupholder holding the husband's Jack and Coke (while I promised to order myself my own cupholder!). Loved the flow of the game. Had it pitched at 7 and loved the wide fan out playfield. I felt that the upper playfield may be the best I have played. I know that a lot of folks aren't fans of upper playfields (personally, I don't mind them at all), but this is one that lots of folks will enjoy I think. Had played the game at Crazy Martins in Piqua, OH and Southland Lanes in Middleburg Heights and had become familiar with the upper in those locations. The bookcase took a bit of getting used to, but once we did it was super fun, and the upper playfield actually provides a couple loops that I enjoy. Again, I am not a great player. We had it set on Medium difficulty and the husband (who is a pretty decent player) even enjoyed it at that setting. The difficult setting was fun, but I will work my way toward that one. AND as far as "penis-gate"; forget about it! Didn't notice it at the other venues (with brighter lighting) and definitely don't notice it in our basement with lower lights...even when you know what to expect to be looking at. The lighting on the game just doesn't accentuate that. Those close up photos were just that...close-up photos. The only thing that we had to do at all relative to fixes is play a bit with the lock down bar. All we had to do was press the locking mechanism a bit...quick fix (seconds) and NOTHING to be overly concerned with. The gold screws allow you to tighten the bar a bit if you feel it is loose. This game is going to be a crowd pleaser. Can't wait to get more time on it and share it with family and friends. Also have a Halloween and a Deadpool, and, although we thoroughly enjoy both, this may easily become the favorite. Think it's going to hit the sweet spot for a lot of different players. I have to say for the money (and I know $10K is a lot and I feel fortunate that we can own a few games) you get a LOT! Really happy with this purchase. Can't see it going anywhere. If you're on the fence or concerned with what you might have on order, I don't think you need to be. We may have gotten lucky with our game, BUT I genuinely feel that our experience with the game is more likely the experience of most buyers. The game seems solid even with early code. Can ONLY get better. Just wanted folks to get a positive report. Spooky is the best!!! Maybe a fanboy, maybe not, who knows. What I do know is that I have enjoyed Halloween and very happy to have Scooby joining it!

#3375 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Yep I also copied the flowers. Love the idea and cheapest mod I’ve ever done.

Definitely going cheaper here...love the flowers but would also love to find some tiny flying bats that might match the art and work in the space. Most I'm finding are too large for the space. Need some nice vinyl flying bats...don't even need to be highly 3 dimensional. Haha. Back Alley, maybe???? checked out your Elvira site just in case. That is where I got the blood drips for Halloween (as well as "Shannon". Great to see Scooby trying to escape the mine with his bud...on our game we have Scooby ahead of "Shannon" and winning by just a bit...seemed only fair.

#3384 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Our game shipped earlier this week and yesterday I got a call from R&L and they setup an "appointment" with me for Monday (like a cable installer) between 10a and 4p. But, my question is, how likely are they to actually keep that appointment? I need to arrange helpers, as there is NO way I'm getting a 300lb machine up the entry stairs (only 4) and into the house without help. But, on the other hand I have trouble trusting that appointment is real. Any insights? If the appointment holds 224 will be in my house Monday!!

We had both Halloween and Scooby delivered directly from Spooky by R+L without difficulty. We checked the machine before we accepted delivery and inspected the tilt bar that was on 2 sides of the package per Morgan's advice. All good. They are very good about staying within the window that they provide (the last time we were the last delivery of the day and did run about 15 minutes late. You can do tracking with R+L, and it will provide information on the day of the delivery and give you information about what stop you are. You can also call customer service a few times during the day to get a better projection in terms of establishing a closer delivery time. Granted we are in Michigan, but I can't imagine that it would be much different in Colorado. Hope this helps. Two of us were able to get it down a long flight of stairs on an appliance dolley. We were certainly intimidated by the prospect but found that the reality didn't necessarily match the concern. It is certainly a beast, but it didn't feel vastly different from taking down either Halloween or Deadpool Pro. We always lower in the boxes. NOW granted it may be a bit difficult ascending stairs. WE only had to ascend 3 stairs to get it in the house, but you certainly need one other person to push as you pull. For what it's worth and if you have the room, we found that it seems easier if you can leave it in the box. The pallet adds an additional 20 to 40 pounds probably depending on its construction (and is attached to the box), but there is a sense of protection with that box on as you are traveling the game around. The pallet also provides a nice place to grab, but wear gloves...pallets are a great breeding territory for nice thorny slivers. Haha. Good luck! Adrenaline alone will get that thing in the house for you!!! Haha.
Hopefully you have the VERY positive experience we did with both delivery and new out of box. Spectacular game no matter how you want to judge it IMO. Think we're likely in the majority of the experiences and not just a "one-off". You may have a few minor tweaks. Our only one was messing a bit with the lock down bar after we had removed the glass, put the balls in, and did a quick inspection of the playfield. There has been a few people who cited that issue, but we honestly found that just pressing in the "lock claw mechanism" a bit to align it better with the "catch slot" (probably not actual part names...haha) did the trick...took all of a few seconds. More information than you wanted perhaps, but I believe you are in very good hands. Enjoy that game!!!

#3387 1 year ago

Didn't see all these helpful posts before I added my own. Sorry for all the repeated information. Pinside really can be a place that is VERY helpful. Thanks to everyone that shares credible solid information. Always appreciated.

#3388 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

And just to confirm for the most part whoever is delivering the game is only going to leave it in my driveway, sidewalk etc correct? They will not deliver into my home?
I am/will be in a similar spot as the OP in that whenever its delivered I won't anyone there to assist getting it in the house nor do I own an escalera. I have 4 steps to get into the house and through the front door and that is all.

In fear of repeating someone else again, haha. The game is just delivered in the drive way. If you have a kind driver they may move it closer to your door, however. That happened both times with R+L. They took it further down the driveway and part way down a curved sidewalk.

#3390 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

I just checked the tracker for #768 and my guesstimate delivery time has moved up over a month from the original estimate. Exciting stuff even if I’m not sure why

Things do seem to be moving much faster with Scooby than with Halloween. Production seems to have been notched up. Also seems that Spooky had all the build parts on hand. Not certain if I'm remembering correctly but Halloween was also suffering from a bit of the Covid-hangover in terms of parts supplies. Not certain about that but definitely feels that Scooby is getting out faster.

#3396 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Haha I’m just busting balls - I’m sure I’ll eventually get my game

Great looking dog, K9. Dog lovers here and were hoping for some kind of dog inspired game...and then Scooby came along!!! Our 3 dogs love congregating around as we play. The shaker on Halloween does send the little one running though. Haha! They do seem to be intrigues by the "Ruh-Roh"...maybe it really is doggie speak!

#3462 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

** For Entertainment Purposes Only —
This might make for a great game show quiz someone may decide to start. They post 10 stuck ball pics from different games and a poll to vote on which ones are real (vs staged). After a week the poll is closed and the results are announced. Everybody with the most correct, win 1 point. (I have no idea how that could be captured). Then a new topic is opened with new stuck ball pics and poll with winners getting 1 point. Maybe you play until a person scores 3 points and they become a game winner. Multiple winners anre allowed and the game continues into the future, allowing more to win over time. Possible gifts, with one prize guaranteed to be awarded would be: a pinball machine, pink pony or $100 swag from Silverball Swag.
This whole notion of real vs staged stuck balls blew my mind today and I am still in shock and under heavy sedation but I am recovering.

Sedate away…your sedation of choice.
I go to a lot of bars and arcades just because we like to enjoy different games. Regardless of the manufacture, regardless of the game, balls are going to get hung up. In most cases you can at least see them. Hate the stuck balls that are also lost. Haha! There really seem to be some horror stories out there for some game owners. I really do feel bad for them. I’d hate that experience. BUT the vast majority of Scooby owners appear to be having a very positive experience. Best of all I think Spooky will be there for solid support (I know that doesn’t amend for down game time but at least they are responsive, and you know the help is coming).
Rox…, hope you get things ironed out. Do a great job with your games. Love Southland!

#3464 1 year ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

After a month of ownership, here is my review based on my experience.
Good:
- Lower PF plays fast and feeds the flippers well.
- Bookcase diverter/catapult is a fun fresh idea
- Geometry is challenging on the upper PF
- Machine is beautiful inside and out
- Lots of great quotes and custom audio already
- Gets lots of attention from both players and casuals
- Villain modes are excellent, well thought out with a nice variety of rules for each and range in difficulty which is great.
Neutral:
- Too much green. The green plastic protectors tint the screened plastics and the green leds tint the topper, clear protectors and white lights would have been better IMHO.
- Lack of lighting. Only 4 plastics are lit from underneath. The top half of the PF relies on spot lights. Creates a nice light effect, but requires sufficient ambient lighting in order to be playable and you miss out on some great artwork.
Bad:
- Had several issues out of the box and Scooby support wasn't great. Had to take upper PF off to fix loose/fallen off coil stops, replaced a flaky switch on the MM, left apron lock jammed and damaged the plastic. Needed a lot of dialing in to be playable (more than should be necessary)
- Target decals are not holding up on play. One scooby snack has fallen off, another is torn, the edges are tearing on several of the stand up targets.
- I avoid Cutler multiball because that song after awhile will drive a person crazy .
This game has huge potential (license and layout) but we are in desperate need of code updates to give the game more features, variety,
depth, and fix existing bugs.

Thanks for the review, Aquapin. Always appreciate your comments. Even though you were one of those that appear to have had QC issues out of the box, I think your comments are always fair and well considered. Haven’t had the issues but am looking forward to some play, lighting, and sound changes that you have pointed out that should improve with code. Lots of opportunity here I would agree.

#3499 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Well, R&L appointments are NOT guaranteed. I spent the weekend moving pins and getting ready for the delivery THEY scheduled for today but they called my about five minutes ago and said "the package didn't get to the terminal early enough to go out today" even though they've had it since Saturday. Hopefully the new appointment holds .
If so we'll be rocking Scooby TOMORROW!

That sucks. Looking forward to tomorrow for you. Anticipation....

#3569 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

That box is intimidating, lol.
Something tells me this will be work to get in my house when it arrives.

It IS a beast. Haha. Box is standard side for a pinball machine box (about 31"x 31" if that helps) but it DOES have a shipping weight of 380...I think about 40 of that is the pallet. Pretty manageable for two people using an appliance dolly. Good luck!

#3645 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Don't have my own Scooby yet but, the action of the bookcase flipper is when you have a ball cradled and then release, the bookcase part throws the ball to the right.
The power to do that comes solely from the return spring on the flipper mech under the playfield.
To make that action stronger, you have to double-up the springs, or shorten the spring that is already there, or use a stronger spring(s).
This may require you also raise the flipper power in the settings to compensate.
Some experimentation may be required to dial the action in the way you like it.
I like tweaking the action of my own games so I will play with this idea when I get mine.
RussM

I agree with Iceman that this really isn't necessary. Been playing the game without tweaking the spring and have enjoyed the play in the upper PF just fine...favorite upper PF in my experience. BUT I'd be lying if I said I hadn't been intrigued a bit by the idea when I first read it. Would love to hear about what your experience might be. I think that Spookyluke provided an honest assessment (paraphrasing here since I didn't go to find the post) when he shared that he thought it could be a lot of fun but couldn't really speak to any potential consequences positive or negative without having tested it themselves. Knowing that Spooky is hellabusy right now, we're going to leave our game as it but will certainly be following this idea here in the forum. Thanks for going back to it a bit with this explanation.

#3706 1 year ago

This update certainly checks a LOT of boxes both in terms of fixes and FUN!!!! Well worth the wait. Great playing! Going to get a lot of play this weekend. Going to have our own version of a Scooby mini-launch with friends (homestyle). Thanks, Spooky!

#3913 1 year ago

Quoted from dnaman:

You are going to see the 'problem/issues' posted for some time, just part of the deal and they are going to outnumber the 'this is a fun and fantastic pin'.
I am not a great player and I don't play everyday so I won't be posting a lot about gameplay achievements, or sharing alot about cool gameplay enhancement ideas. I have posted a few of my issues and try to update with my fixes but I am always reading to see what others are experiencing to be more aware of the fixes or adjustments to resolve, in case I experience something similar.
I have Alice Cooper and Halloween and I have had some things that needed attention or tweaking. I still have those because I enjoy them and purchased Scooby. Only you can decide if you want to stay in and become an owner. Good luck in your decision making process.

Have to agree with dnaman. We have Deadpool, Halloween, and Scooby all NIB. Have had to make small MINOR adjustments in all of them out of the box. Nothing that would cause any major concern. Admittedly, maybe we have been lucky, but I think those that are having positive experiences just aren't posting as much. As far as updates go, I feel that with the Scooby update a lot was accomplished...certainly not everything...but a lot. We had friends over during the weekend and the game got a LOT of play. No complaints with the update at all. We did have to make a few minor adjustments; bending the blue trail a bit so the ball wouldn't fall out and playing with the launch (not certain what we actually did to be honest because the husband toyed with it) but haven't had any problems since. There will be lots of updates to come in the future...just did a Halloween update not long ago (AMAZING) and routinely have gotten new updates for Deadpool (still a favorite game). Our first pin was Transformers which needed constant attention and was still getting the occasional update. In my experience at home and at pinball venues there isn't a single game regardless of manufacturer that won't get a ball hung up periodically or have to have the glass removed. These are mechanical BEASTS, and there's a lot of banging around that goes on in that playfield(s) ("banging around" being a technical term). IMHO I'm just not certain that Scooby represents an example of things gone wrong. We were at a bar awaiting the installation of Foo Fighters which was supposed to be available earlier that day. They ran into issues during set-up, and it wasn't available for play until the following day. We frequent pinball venues (typically bars) with many having techs readily available or on site. We have witnessed recently released games from almost every manufacturer unavailable for play. Just kind of the nature of the beast. I'm not saying if it is justifiable for a product that costs $8,000 plus new or not, but it IS what happens across manufacturers. I sort of liken it to purchasing a new car (although it has been well over a decade since I have done that). Not certain if they still do it, but the dealership would have you create a punch list of things you wanted tended to after a month's ownership. That was just a given that shit was going to happen. IMHO it can be the same with pinball on a smaller scale. Not going to make me run from the hobby though. Still feel, at the end of the day and for how we like to spend our free time and that of friends and family, pinball is for us money well spent. Considering all that, I still feel that Spooky gives you the most for your dollars in terms of NIB features for their Collectors models when you consider the price of Premium and Collectors/Limited editions with others. I'm certainly not trying to say that anyone's purchase of a Scooby is a promised positive experience or the best thing to do for YOU, but it would be great to see of all the Scooby games that have been delivered and played what the collective experience has been. Probably getting a lot of extreme experiences on both ends of the spectrum here which is typical. When I spend a bit of time looking at the forum, however, a lot of negative input does seem to dominate a lot of the conversation. Even with that though, a significant number of those negative reviewers have had their issues resolved with assistance from Spooky and other Pinsiders and are now very happy with their game. Loving Scooby so far and looking forward to future updates. Sorry for this rather long "rant".

#4059 1 year ago

Just a simple black light bulb in a ceiling track light fixture…$7.00 for the bulb. Effect diminishes with game lights on obviously but not bad for 7 bucks. Haha. Definitely illustrates that attention to detail! Thanks, Spooky. Can also catch a glimpse of what it does with Vinoman’s pumpkin leaves mod in Halloween. May be looking for some small neon toys to add here and there.

5BC93BE4-8EA5-4A95-914D-EC2FC2B5F712 (resized).jpeg5BC93BE4-8EA5-4A95-914D-EC2FC2B5F712 (resized).jpeg6F4E326B-B9B5-4E73-A89F-0E5A9D99F031 (resized).jpeg6F4E326B-B9B5-4E73-A89F-0E5A9D99F031 (resized).jpegCE18CD5C-917F-40B4-9884-2C5E8D3007BD (resized).jpegCE18CD5C-917F-40B4-9884-2C5E8D3007BD (resized).jpeg

#4083 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Truffle shuffle multiball + 2 Pin limit at my house = Godzilla’s on thin ice

Know the feeling. Haha. Always have to sell one to get one. # pin limit here based on wallet size not room size. Scooby and Halloween are definite keepers. Can't envision getting rid of Deadpool (first NIB and still love it) but UGGH! This spring was a great period of new pinball. We got the game we wanted and, fortunately, have been able to find the other new releases in close proximity to play. Just going to have to see where Pulp Fiction lands...just to play! Scooby easily scratched the "new game at home" itch.

#4108 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

I personally am done buying Spooky games until I see how the code is completed on Halloween. Not to be a downer but its hard hearing about New games from them until the others are completed.

Just noticed your collection. You have a great set of games…some definite favorites. Love the hobbit.

#4109 1 year ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

Hey everyone! I mentioned a while back that I was working on new sculpted hands for the apron ball locks. Well, I finally finished the prototypes and I'm super happy with the result. I didn't just directly repro the existing hands, though, I made some changes:
- Broke out the pinky finger that was almost unnoticeable on the original black hand.
- Colorized it to match the colors of the Green Ghoul (did my best to average out the varying colors shown in different representations of him throughout the game).
- Added the missing manacle and chain on the left hand. The chain is actually positionable so you can put it wherever you like.
- Added slight curvature to the hand and fingers to look more natural while not blocking the ball path (hard to see in the photos).
So, whaddya think?
-Kaydee[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I knew that this game would be a modder’s dream. Some great stuff out there already and, Kaydee, you’re all getting quality stuff out there quickly. So many tough decisions! Thank you

#4110 1 year ago
Quoted from rdonohue13:

I would agree with you if the guys working on Halloween/UM code and the guys working on Scooby Doo code were the same people but they aren’t.
In reality Spooky while ona smaller scale is doing the same as any other pinball company as far as code. If you look stern released new code on 20 different machines yesterday. It’s all different or mostly different teams.

Case in point. Just got an update for Deadpool and we’ve had that for 3 years. James Bond and Foo Fighters have a lot of code work yet to be done I imagine.

#4116 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Thanks! Yeah the Hobbit is bolted to the floor. Deepest coded game IMO

Sorry folks, a bit side tracked here, but I feel Hobbit is under appreciated…it may be one of our favorite JJ games. Had the chance to buy it from one of the pinball bars we go to regularly. Showed up with cash in hand just in case the scheduled buyer didn’t show…and damn…not an easy game to find to play. Definitely enjoying Scooby but really looking forward to new code progression

#4136 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

All coils will make some level of whining/buzzing/vibrating sound when held. Some more than others, and it can be somewhat mitigated by tightening up coil stops/brackets, etc. The noise coming from Scooby flippers on the older code was definitely more than usual, and at a higher pitch than usual. I would say the new code brings that down to much more normal levels. I'm pretty sure DJ mentioned that only the lower flippers were changed and the uppers would be changed (in code) later, so hopefully it will get a little better still, but it's not bad as it is now. I would not expect them to ever be completely silent.

Very minor whining right now. I would tend to agree with Jediturtle that some of that sound is going to exist...listened to a few other games to see if there was a significant difference. Certainly don't hear it to the point that it bothers game play, but it might be different for some folks. Unless it's a mechanical issue we'll just play on...sort of like the fan noise that used to bother us. There are products that help reduce the fan noise but never felt the need to change them out.

#4139 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Stern Whitestar would like to have a word with you. The flipper coil buzz is insane on those games.

Wasn't familiar with the Stern Whitestar issue until I looked it up to be honest. Thanks SlapDrain. Sounds like that was a major issue for some Sterns game. Our personal Scooby doesn't sound much different than our Halloween of Deadpool to me. Again, others may be having different experiences with their machine.

#4142 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

All the Whitestar games have that to a greater or lesser degree. The Hold voltage rapidly turns on and off since it's a single wound coil.
If there is any play in the mech it can buzz like an SOB.
Keeping it all bolted tight with fresh unworn parts helps.
RM

Certainly appreciate the info for future consideration.

#4192 1 year ago
Quoted from Danzig:

Current state of mods for our Scooby pin.
Still waiting on,,,,,
Lantern mods
Upgraded 3D printed hands
Apron mod
Space Kook ship
As is, it’s looking and playing fantastic!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great dog!!! Looks like a pin lover..

#4200 1 year ago
Quoted from LastCall420:

Sorry probably been answered of posted somewhere, but….does anyone have the dimensions of NIB of hand?
Thanks

About 31”x31”. Think I measured about 58” tall on pallet. Hope that helps

#4201 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

About 31”x31”. Think I measured about 58” tall on pallet. Hope that helps

Oops. Need to learn to read through messages before I respond. If anyone needs to know for delivery purposes that is the box size

#4271 12 months ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Is everyone having at least some issue with their game? Anyone get there's and have it playing with no problems at all yet??
I'm in the late 700's, so I'm hopeful that games in that timeframe are a bit less doom and gloom than the past many pages have been.

Do feel badly for those having issues but very happy with, and feeling good, about our Scooby. Extremely happy with the purchase. Definite keeper.

#4274 12 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

We need someone else to post or stream gameplay so we can enjoy the game and keep the hype going! Missing SlapDrains streams atm

I’d second that. Be good to see how I’d like to be able to play…meaning how a good (or even decent player) plays. Hope things get figured out soon for you and your son, Svenop!

#4368 12 months ago

I like boxes!
Have to wait till after work to get on it…..

Anticipation...I'll let you do the GIF. I wouldn't do it justice. Haha! Glad it made it to you. ENJOY!!! And yes; boxes are the best...especially on pallets!

#4398 12 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Ok - the lantern is straight D.O.P.E. - it's actually way better than I expected. It's brighter than the old spot and throws the light really evenly. The flickering flame on the back makes the wire form shimmer. It uses his Lolly board so it can sense switch hits and change the color of the flame on the back.
thanks
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks, Damonator! Great pics. Glad we’re on the list with Stumblor!!!

#4399 12 months ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Can I ask all of you owners, are you glad you got it? I’m trying to decide if I’m going to buy one. I have Halloween, which I love dearly. This feels like a much worse theme but a much better layout.

Extremely happy with the purchase! Love Halloween as well. Just to put in perspective not just a Spooky fan. The other game we own is Deadpool which we enjoy playing and is a favorite. Also big fans of Houdini and the Hobbit which are on the wish list at some point. The issue is that we can have 3 games , and these 3 are bolted down. Haha! Few minor issues but Spooky has always just been a phone call away. Can’t guarantee your personal response to the game of course, but I think you’d be pretty damned happy, ESPECIALLY as code continues to progress

#4417 12 months ago
Quoted from SLRage:

The more I think about it the more clear the Spooky “quality issues” vs other manufacturers seems somewhat skewed.
No other major manufacturer replies on Pinside so it would be pointless to ask for help from the manufacturer on the forum. Spooky does so the forums get filled up with requests for service.
This tends to dominate the conversations somewhat. This same occurrence doesn’t happen as often in the other manufacturers threads.
Replying here has good and bad effects.

Abso…fluggin…lutely!!!!

And even knowing that they are putting themselves in a no win situation in many instances here, THEY STILL RESPOND. That’s customer service!
I do feel for people struggling with games, but some folks (Svenop, I’m speaking about you here) just handle it so much better than others and so graciously. I’m certain Spooky will do well by you and your 5 year old. You’re pretty damned impressive!

1 week later
#4867 11 months ago
Quoted from ArcadeTechNerd:

A bit late posting, but life keeps getting in the way. Scooby Doo (Collectors Edition) #256 landed here recently. No delay from Spooky, but as this was my first NIB I was not going to risk shipping so ran up North to SpookyLand to pick it up as quickly as my schedule allowed!
Call me sentimental if you will, but yes I did frame part of the shipping box! (As you can see below)
It is a beautiful machine, fast and challenging (at least for an old E.M.’er like me)! Crazy cool light shows, and then they go and announce a hardware upgrade to the light controller. Looking forward to the next levels of crazy lights![quoted image]

Have to say I’m loving that framed box! Might have to borrow that idea. Fortunately we still have ours. Have a few Spooky posters on the wall already. That might be a nice added touch…and, NO, it’s not strictly Spooky; we do have Sterns on the wall too. Just enjoy good pinball. Spooky does get the most play here though. Haha.

#5094 11 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

I know, right? I feel the same when compared to Rick and Morty!

...and Halloween

#5207 11 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

They have done a very informative video on how to take off the upper pf.
It's a bit of work, and probably best doing it with two people, but they've certainly posted a video.

There is that video which Spooky can provide and Damonator very kindly and accurately provided a point by point description/how-to (#4475 post) which is now in key posts that is very easy to follow. We’ve tried it. Flawless. Thank you Damonator. We added notes along the way and put tags on certain bundles just to make it a bit easier to put back together. My husband is the technician here..haha..and managed to do it on his own. A second pair of hands might have been useful but I tend to be in the way more than I actually help.

#5209 11 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Is this an unlisted video or something? I've not seen a video from Spooky detailing upper pf removal.

I think you can request it from Spooky. Not certain if it is available on here or not. I would certainly recommend Damonator's painstaking direction though as opposed to trying to translate a video while you are doing the work. It's pretty extensive and pretty specific relative to which wires, parts, screws and when.

#5272 11 months ago

I had two replacements and only on the last one did I realize these locations mattered. As noted above, one is for Scooby on the shooter rail and the other two are for each apron lock arm. After failing to guess the right order, I just traced each and labeled them. I’m not near my machine to send a picture but recommend just following the location of each and labeling, the locations and wire runs line up perfectly to their location on the playfield so it’s not too bad. You can verify in the servos sub menu.</blockqu

We've learned to MARK everything when working on a pinball machine...no matter which...frankly, do that when disassembling everything if we plan to reassemble..including mowers and Jeep hardware...LOL! Just makes life a bit easier.

#5273 11 months ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

I had two replacements and only on the last one did I realize these locations mattered. As noted above, one is for Scooby on the shooter rail and the other two are for each apron lock arm. After failing to guess the right order, I just traced each and labeled them. I’m not near my machine to send a picture but recommend just following the location of each and labeling, the locations and wire runs line up perfectly to their location on the playfield so it’s not too bad. You can verify in the servos sub menu.

We've learned to mark everything when working on pinball machines...just makes life easier...with or without manuals. Frankly, we do the same with just about everything if we are going to disassemble/reassemble something...mowers, Jeep hardware, ceiling fans...haha.

2 weeks later
#5642 10 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:Still need a how to video to remove the upper playfiled. Eventually we will all have to do maintenance on the flippers.

Several people have shared great how-tos about removing the upper playfield. If folks simply enter upper playfield in the topics search they should show. The one was point by point and very easy to follow. Good luck

#5643 10 months ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

There is a great and simple video Bug did on removing the upper playfield. It’s not posted on their site (don’t know why) but they sent it over on request.
Ping Spooky.

They did share that with us upon request. It and the step by step provided by another pinside were spot on

#5644 10 months ago

Post#4475. Damonator provided the post referenced above. Great post. It’s shared in key posts. We’ve used it and it along with the Spooky available video worked great. Takes a while but so much better with these tools. Thanks Damonator and Spooky. Multiple posters have referenced these before in this forum. Great to take note of. One of those things to tuck away for future reference. Made a copy of Damonator post and it sits inside the game now.

2 weeks later
#6017 10 months ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hey guys go show Scooby Doo some love for the Top 100! Takes 50 ratings these days just to get on the board!

Just replying to a Spooky post from a few months ago. Let's show this game some love. I absolutely agree that the Top 100 rating is relatively meaningless, but I do enjoy going through the reviews from time to time. BE PREPARED THOUGH! IF YOU GIVE A POSTIVE RATING AND REVIEW YOU CAN ALMOST GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY GET TWO FLAGS FROM WHO KNOWS WHERE. Simply look through the ratings/reviews to see what I mean. Looks like a couple folks are just going through and flagging the majority of positive reviews automatically; especially if the rating is approaching 9 or exceeds 9. Again, Top 100 seems meaningless, but this does reinforce the idea that the haters seem to have the louder voice.

Although we have had to make a few adjustments along the way (in my opinion/experience not atypical with NIB games), this game is getting dialed in, and we couldn't be happier. Had a large group of college friends who spent the weekend (12 people in total). During the weekend we played a lot of pinball with a wide range of skill level. Granted we only own 3 games (Halloween, Deadpool, and Scooby), but Scooby certainly got the most attention and was enjoyed the most. If someone snuck away from "other activities" to play solitary pinball, it seems that it was always Scooby they were playing. Definitely a crowd pleaser and DEFINITELY improving substantially with each update. Thanks again, Spooky Crew!!!!

#6035 10 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

The Pinside 100 is useless. A small number of people actually play games thoroughly and then fairly rate them based on their experience and feelings.
Then you get people who want to post reviews for the sole purpose of inflating or deflating a title, a phenomenon that I will never understand since I'm a grown adult.
Snatch gets 74% on Rotten Tomatoes, but in my personal opinion, that movie is an 11/10! Does that mean I can't still think that because other people disagree?
Who give an F what someone thinks about the game you own. If Scooby is rated #75 on this pointless list, why does that affect your enjoyment of it.
I'm just saying, enjoy your game, and stop looking at what others think of it.
Happy flipping!

I actually upvoted WizardsCastle response to my post and don’t disagree with their assessment of the Top 100 (or Rotten Tomatoes in most instances for that matter). No review will determine how much I either enjoy a game or don’t enjoy a game, but I still like reading the reviews. My remarks were meant to try to get some “more love” out there for Scooby and Spooky. I know there’s a lot. More than anything possibly; just venting about how noisy the haters can be on this game. Hadn’t been on pinside for several weeks for that very reason and playing lots of pinball…and loving Scooby!!! Well stated assessment of Top 100 though, WizardsCastle!!!

#6039 10 months ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Saw my first Scooby on location today. My son got to play his first game. Can't wait for ours to ship soon!
[quoted image]

Looks like you and your son just may have made it over to Kalamazoo. Haha. Recognize the set up a bit. Nice road trip from SE Michigan. For those flippers who may be in the area; One Well Brewing in Kalamazoo, MI is a great place. The game side is very family friendly and the brew side has awesome craft beers! Always happy to see Michigan pinball getting out there a bit.

2 weeks later
#6298 9 months ago
Quoted from Danzig:

Scooby lanterns are arriving!
[quoted image]

Mine is coming today. Was #79 on Stumblor's list. Considered the apron sculpt as it would have been one or the other...a question of $$$...this was the easy winner for us relative to value added. Personal preference. Great mods for this Game!!

#6305 9 months ago

Did I get you upset son? Jesus loves you to brother. Have a wonderful weekend. Glad to see I was able to trigger you. Also, more will agree with me to keep the P and the K off the apron since the MAJORITY will put the C and B on.

Let's try to leave religion and politics out of all this. I doubt that if you ask WWJD one of the responses would be "I was able to trigger some one". That said the aprons do look good, but I opted for the phantom lights which landed yesterday. The husband will install later this week. I let him tackle that kind of thing...I do the carpentry work around the house (like game room bars and cabinets)...haha...and he does anything that necessitates some level of electrical skill or the like. I saw Danzig's lanterns are installed and running. Thanks for the video!!!!

#6307 9 months ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Nice! I just installed mine last night. Install only caused me to drop 6 F bombs so not terrible but it’s one of the harder mod installations I’ve done.

And those F Bombs are exactly why I'm going to wait for the husband to install. Haha. Not only would I be dropping F-Bombs but I'd likely be F'ing things up. Haha. This mod looks terrific. Going to add a lot of visual and lighting appeal to a game that already has tons of it. Thanks, Davey (Stumblor) and thank you, Spooky, for a game that will attracts all kind of cool mods!

#6313 9 months ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

mine just showed up! looking forward to the install later today( my new lithium galf cart battery also came today so that gets priority for camping next weekend) , sure is a lot of stuff in that box!
my lcd upgrade also showed up so i will take plenty of before/after and install pics also.
here is the install guide for the lanterns if someone prefers to view on laptop or print off.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PRq0wAXgOIL3D3Ej82-x-uyXjOHlUeaCCtbnVCjSzOU/edit?pli=1

THANK YOU, Is1chris. Really appreciate the document!

#6314 9 months ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I think that the way it works if the "clear" plastic (which is more milky than clear in reality) acts as a diffuser for the lights - that way you see them more blended rather than shining individual LEDs. If you do a search on Amazon for LED Diffusers you'll see that most of them are made of at "clear/milky" plastic that lets the light shine through without letting the glare of the individual LEDs through. I just got my plastic canvas yesterday and haven't installed it yet, but it looks like the holes on the plastic canvas are roughly the same as the mesh already there.

Thank makes sense. Thanks, Var1...appreciate the explanation and thanks, Groo, for asking the question? Will be getting a set ourselves now.

#6437 9 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

I find this very annoying. User settings need to carry over. Many of us are having to readjust coil settings after each update or its unplayable re:launched power. Then I have a list of preference settings I have to go back and change. It would be nice not to have to do this each time
Spooky has done a great job adding all the settings options for us to adjust it to how we like it. Now we just need to it to write and read those each update

Quoted from thekaiser82:

It also clears the audits with every update. So years down the road none of these machines will have accurate play counts. I also noticed I can’t change settings on the fly mid game with a ball waiting in the shooter. If you change a setting the game will end.

Agree. Would be terrific if there were a way to correct this somehow. I'm not the one here who has the responsibility to download and reset everything, but I know it can be irritating (been witness to the residual effect of having to do that...haha). Absolutely loving the game and the new code here and how it has advanced over the course of just a few months. Amazing! Great job again, Spooky...but is there a fix in sight for these code updates and the need to go back into adjust settings?

#6456 9 months ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Scooby-Doo CE 614 came this week and sat in the garage until a friend came over today and helped me get it inside and set it up. I've attached pics of its placement in the family room. (I'm out of space in my pinball room.) Pic of the big wall shows the small railing at the top landing (in the upper left corner) and the big railing in the loft (just above the 86" 4K flatscreen TV). The other two pics were taken from those two railings. (Lots of dog toys for my two German shepherds around the chair in the corner.)
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Got to keep those dogs happy. Haha. Our dogs enjoy hanging in the game room with us...at least until the shakers freaks the one out. He always returns though...once he knows the Scooby villains and Michael Myers will do him no harm. He's good to go. Haha. You're obviously great dog parent.

1 week later
#6623 9 months ago
Quoted from mooshue:

Appreciate the responses fellas, I know there are loads of stand up guys and gals around here because I see it all over various forums. This thread in particular has so much unecessary negative garbage though so I figured it was as such. It's not like other owners threads I frequent.
Wildbill327 you won't be disappointed brotha! It's even more beautiful than the Stranfer Things cab.

Really appreciate the respectful posts that you you 3 example; Will Bill, Mooshue, and JediTurtle. There certainly is a lot of toxicity from a select limited few who tend to dominate in this Owner’s Thread but I stay in because of folks like you 3. Mooshue, I agree…hope you stick around; appreciate your voice and comments on here.

2 months later
#7762 6 months ago

Ditto for #1143! It just got real!

Glad to see you stayed in the club, Wastedthelight. Still loving this game!

#7763 6 months ago

Looking like I'm still on track to get mine around November based on payments being confirmed so far. Not going to lie, I'm nervous about this purchase. First NIB, just got into pinball last November. My biggest concern after watching so many videos (Including Bug on Twitch) is that this game seems like it requires a lot of skill shots in most of the modes and that we'll find it too difficult to be fun. Thoughts on difficulty from the self aware medicore players?
Regardless, still my favorite pinball artwork from the cabinet to the playfield.

I think you'll enjoy the game. My husband is SO much better than I am and can really work the modes. I'm generally a struggling player and would say a very self-aware mediocre player. Having said that, I LOVE this game. We have family and friends over that enjoy this game regardless of their skill level. You can also set the game for various skill levels. I feel, just as with Halloween, it is probably a game most enjoyable in the home environment. We've played both games in both bars and at home and most enjoy them at home. If you do have questions or issues, you can't go wrong with Spooky support. Their always just an email or phone call away! I think you'll be happy you pulled the trigger!!!

#7784 6 months ago
Quoted from JohnJ1366:

Good day all figured I’d give my 2 cents about my thoughts on Scooby.
First, I would consider myself a casual player at best, but a casual player that will play for hours at a time. Basically I suck but love the damn things. Also part of the pinball experience for me is tinkering with them, so I don’t mind lifting the playfield and figuring out what makes them tick.
As for Scooby, this might sound a little goofy but at first I wasn’t sure I would like a pin without pop bumpers. This was my only concern for ordering Scooby without playing it first. I ended up pulling the trigger on day one and ordered direct from Spooky securing 383.
April 10th got the email “would you like butter?” and figured why not. Three long agonizing months later CE 383 showed up on July 13th. If memory serves me correct Spooky was delivering in low 600’s by then. Got it set up and was completely blown away by how over the top the machine is with with art work and theme integration. I have a 4 pin line up and think it’s a shame I can’t really see the cab and get to enjoy the artwork.
After playing game one, never even noticed no pop bumpers and think the layout and shots are great. Absolutely have loved everything about the game since day one.
I have had some problems outta the box. However, wanna emphasize that Spooky and AJ have been awesome in getting things straightened out and fixed quickly. This is not in anyway me complaining or me bitching but more of a what has been my experience. I am not guru when it comes to pinball repair, but as mentioned I rather enjoy tinkering with them and consider that part of the fun of the hobby.
Day 1: played 12 games and warden board had mosfit blow. That was a bummer but oh well…… Long and short leaned the basics of how a volt meter works and was able to trouble shoot warden board with AJs help. Discovered it was the mosfit that controls the right flipper coil. Got new warden board and flipper coil overnighted to me. The coil was just precautionary. Installed new warden board and coil. Two games in and boom mosfit blows again. Same mosfit as first time (one that controls right flipper). On phone with AJ for 1 hour and he walks me through a bunch of different things that i check while on the phone with him. The thought was it was two bad coils in a row. He overnighted me a new warden board with the caveat, that If this one didn’t work he would get a technician sent to me (I was thinking, that’s pretty cool he would even offer). While waiting, i swapped out the left flipper coil with the original coil and no issues. So determined it wasn’t a coil problem but mosfit chip or whatever that damn thing is called. Got 2nd warden board installed and no more issues on that end. Turns out it was two bad mosfits on two separate warden boards. Week or so later coil on rear set of drop targets blew. Email to AJ and was sent a coil via snail mail. All good cause the drop target coils are wired in such a way that by cutting wires for rear drops disengaged the front targets coils. I am sure there is a term for that but no idea. All I know is that for a week while waiting on the coil I played a crap ton of character modes . Few weeks more and two issues popped up at same time. First, gold mine switch on upper playfield stuck in open position. Pain to get upper playfield off to get to switch but hey another chance to figure out what makes this thing tick. Come to find out the switches are held in little plastic holders and the holders are screwed to the underside of the playfield. The plastic holder is a little flimsy in my opinion and the holder bent in such a way that wouldn’t allow switch to line up properly. Emailed AJ and at same time tried to come up with solution. I found that zip tying the switch to the holder works much better than the holder alone. For me this worked so well that I zip tied all of the upper playfield switches to their plastic holders. Second issue, the metal guild that is behind the bookcase flipper and feeds the blue wire form broke loose. The last metal tab broke off and I needed to tuck the end of the guid behind the blue wire form. Wasn’t a major issue but would occasionally cause the balls to get stuck. Again Spooky sent me replacement parts without delay. I replaced the metal guild and tossed the switch holders in with the other spare parts. Finally, the dreaded ball launcher issue. It has always been somewhat of a problem, in that a certain percentage of balls wouldn’t launch on first go. It had progressively gotten worse the more I played. To the point where it was less that 50% of the time the ball would launch on first attempt. My original fix was to turn coil power up and pinch the metal forks closer. In the end coil was at 100% and still wasn’t working. looked at my JJP games and the auto launcher was almost 3/4” open “wider.” I opened the the metal doohickeys to same width as my JJP games and ended up turning coil power down to 75%. Since then not a single issues. I have read on this forum that a fellow pinsider came up with a bracket that stabilizes the mechanism which I will 10000% get if I have any additional problems. One last thing minor thing: I have had to bend the metal guid rail coming off the MM several time to avoid SDTM drains. Here is my only suggestion to Spooky going forward. Use/source these metal rails 1 or 2 gauges thicker I think this will prevent them from bending after repeated plays or tabs breaking off. This something very minor and I figure will require occasional bending going forward.
As of September 9th (had to look at my last email from AJ) the game has been completely dialed in and issue free. The pin currently has 375 games on it and I would guess close to 200 of them have in last 3 weeks since it’s been dialed in. I absolutely love the game and love Spooky’s customer service. Since Scooby has been dialed in it’s the only machine I have played on a daily basis. I do turn the other ones on for the pretty lights and will play a ball or two once in a while.
I absolutely love Scooby and dare I say it’s my favorite pin of all time. More code coming is only going to make it better, if that is even possible. Thanks to my fellow pinheads for walking me through some of the tech stuff I didn’t know. Thanks to AJ for being a cool dude and congrats on the newborn. Finally, thanks to Spooky, great job on such an awesome pin.

Similar experience in many ways. We were #179 so relatively early in. Deliverd and set up in April. We did have some minor out of the box issues but most were very easily resolved with guidance from the spooky team. They would even respond to videos that we shared to help troubleshoot. The one time we did need a replacement part it was sent to us immediately and overnighted. We also had a ball launch issue but we seemed to resolve that with a few minor adjustments. Pitch on this game is critical I believe. For the last many months this game has played without major problems. Balls stuck here and there BUT what game doesn't. We have deadpool and the balls get stuck on that game. Have experienced the same on any other Sterns and Jersey Jack games (Toy Story can be a bit notorious for this but love that game also). Sacrifice a tilt (this mediocre but enthusiastic pinball players typical response) and you're back in. Or simply remove the glass for a second. For those of us who aren't necessarily challenged to be Champion Scorer (not my husband...haha) it is a non-issue. There's a lot of games I thoroughly enjoy from other manufacturers and if the wallet allowed would probably own an example of both. With limited finances as well as space, it's probably always going to be Spooky I look at in terms of their new release. I'll just say heaven help us (our wallet/space) if the game turns out to be a great horror theme..might have to take the hit if it does. Haha. Absolutely concur with JohnJ later post review and love seeing one from an owner that has had the game many months!

3 months later
#9935 3 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I’m not sure people are picking up on your sense of humor.
rd

Apparently not Rotor but I’ve been loving the comments that have comeback to Wasted’s post…LMAO here. Thought it was obvious. Well done wastedbythelight. Had a small house party New Year’s Eve. Folks just loving on both Scooby and Halloween all night … no need for any sharks in our future…maybe a chainsaw down the road

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 385.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 23.95
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 79.99
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jakedistel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all?tu=jakedistel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.