(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).png
PXL_20240414_195906192 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_181554907 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_195746420 (resized).jpg
IMG_6048 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6047 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6046 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6045 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1368 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1357 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1374 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,599 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 232.
#4151 12 months ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I noticed my topper doesn’t have the solid color lights. Instead it flashed multicolored lights while it tries to pulse the solid color. Hard to tell in the photo. Anyone else’s do this?
[quoted image]

Mine is doing the same thing, Spooky figures I need a new board.

You can try resetting the board (left small board in the backbox). Just push the reset. If that does not fix it, you will likely need a new board too.

#4152 12 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Sounds like mosfet for a coil went which takes out the chain of coils. Were you on the latest code? Hope not.

Yes on latest code. Ugh

#4153 12 months ago

Where are the mosfets located?

#4154 12 months ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Where are the mosfets located?

Under the playfield on the warden board.

They had me disconnect the blue, green and red connectors and check the mosfets with my multimeter in resistance. Positive lead on the top and negative lead on the right foot (source) . OL was a good one. Ones that showed a low resistance are shorted. You can find the spreadsheet for the mosfet numbers on the Spooky support site. It's called "coil chart". Attached below also

New code supposedly fixed this issue. It fixed mine for now. I'll have to follow your findings and remedy from Spooky

20230407_153319 (resized).jpg20230407_153319 (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20230405_065559_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230405_065559_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230423_192455_Samsung Notes (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230423_192455_Samsung Notes (resized).jpg

#4155 12 months ago
Quoted from sulli10:

…Second had a ground in the play field lighting circuit. A plate was screwed down onto a light board. No way was not done at the factory and still got through testing.

Bummer. Could you share an picture of that? Just to add another point on the pre-turn-on DIY QC check list…

#4156 12 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Under the playfield on the warden board.
They had me disconnect the blue, green and red connectors and check the mosfets with my multimeter in resistance. Positive lead on the top and negative lead on the right foot (source) . OL was a good one. Ones that showed a low resistance are shorted. You can find the spreadsheet for the mosfet numbers on the Spooky support site. It's called "coil chart". Attached below also
New code supposedly fixed this issue. It fixed mine for now. I'll have to follow your findings and remedy from Spooky
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thank you.

Went through the continuity checks and found at least 2 shorted mosfets. One was the shaker which I do not recall ever working.

Was NOT running the latest code. Was running 4.13.16. The newest code is 4.18.17 which I just loaded. Need to call spooky and get a new MOSFET board. Looks like Scooby OOS for another week.

#4157 12 months ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I noticed my topper doesn’t have the solid color lights. Instead it flashed multicolored lights while it tries to pulse the solid color. Hard to tell in the photo. Anyone else’s do this?
[quoted image]

U must be a noobie also like me, have that protective film on the back two parts of your topper still! Kidding aside after I updated to the newest software mine acts the same . Maybe for the use of rgb now? Previously I only had solid green for all the lighting on the topper and speakers.

#4158 12 months ago

#210 owner in the house. Game is stunning. Nice build. Great characters. I am struggling though with inconsistent play since receiving. Mainly issues with ball getting stuck in Mystery Machine and not continuing/sensing and ball draining and not sensing/ejecting next ball. Cannot continue playing. Flips still flip. No ball search gets triggered to remedy. Any thoughts?

Time

#4159 12 months ago

Game #215 back up and working great! Thanks Spooky for getting it taken care of with detailed trouble shooting...Shit happens but am thankful they take care of the issues like a real company should

#4160 12 months ago
Quoted from Time4akshun:

#210 owner in the house. Game is stunning. Nice build. Great characters. I am struggling though with inconsistent plan since receiving. Mainly issues with ball getting stuck in Mystery Machine and not continuing/sensing and ball draining and not sensing/ejecting next ball. Cannot continue playing. Flips still flip. Not ball search gets triggered to remedy. Any thoughts?
Time

Start with glass off, balls out, playfield up, game off, and reseat connections around those areas. Then do a switch test. Glass off. You'll want to check the mystery switch, all trough switches and your shooter lane switch. Once you get those registering correctly with a ball see what it behaves like.

#4161 12 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Easy to downplay issues you aren't experiencing

As someone who is also affected by this, I completely agree. Even if it is only 6 out 200 that we know about here, 3% of machines with blown boards and unplayable games is enough.

However, Spooky has been extremely responsive in trying to get this fixed and trust that they will work with us to find a solution.

Quoted from Time4akshun:

#210 owner in the house. Game is stunning. Nice build. Great characters. I am struggling though with inconsistent plan since receiving. Mainly issues with ball getting stuck in Mystery Machine and not continuing/sensing and ball draining and not sensing/ejecting next ball. Cannot continue playing. Flips still flip. Not ball search gets triggered to remedy. Any thoughts?
Time

What does your "Stuck Switch" menu show?

#4162 12 months ago
Quoted from Time4akshun:

Time

#4163 12 months ago

Ok troubleshooting with Spooky AJ. He did a nice job

Plan is to replace the shaker board which blew MOSFET Q22

Q27 goes to upper play field magnet. Either the mosfet just failed or the magnet failed and then the mosfet. Parts will be sent to resolve either issue.

AJ believes code update should fix or bad batch of mosfets. We will see.

#4164 12 months ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

No stuck switches except the one between flips that should be. First thing I checked.

#4165 12 months ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

Start with glass off, balls out, playfield up, game off, and reseat connections around those areas. Then do a switch test. Glass off. You'll want to check the mystery switch, all trough switches and your shooter lane switch. Once you get those registering correctly with a ball see what it behaves like.

All switches are registering sadly... Checked.

#4166 12 months ago

Are the balls magnetized? Try new balls.

#4167 12 months ago

BackAlleyMatt

Any update on the aprons - just curious

Thanks

#4168 12 months ago

Can anyone tell me how to engage the trap door? We had it happen a decent amount after we got it, but I haven't noticed it in a number of games now. I want to test and make sure everything is working ok.

#4169 12 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

BackAlleyMatt
Any update on the aprons - just curious
Thanks

They are coming along very nicely! Thank you all for your patience as we have been waiting on a few parts and our batch of led strips…we should begin shipping within the next week or so..

#4170 12 months ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

Can anyone tell me how to engage the trap door? We had it happen a decent amount after we got it, but I haven't noticed it in a number of games now. I want to test and make sure everything is working ok.

Shooting each of the lit dog tag targets by the left ramp and Mystery Machine should raise your trap door for ball save. Also, a failed shot on the center ramp.

#4171 12 months ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Shooting each of the lit dog tag targets by the left ramp and Mystery Machine should raise your trap door for ball save. Also, a failed shot on the center ramp.

I think they mean secret passage or whatever it’s officially called. The magnet grab in the back left that drops ball into subway and then into mystery machine. On newest code it rarely ever happens now.

#4172 12 months ago

Spooky should stop shipping games till they figure out these board issues; very disappointing

#4173 12 months ago
Quoted from Sethman:

I think they mean secret passage or whatever it’s officially called. The magnet grab in the back left that drops ball into subway and then into mystery machine. On newest code it rarely ever happens now.

Yes. That's what I was referring to.

#4174 12 months ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

They are coming along very nicely! Thank you all for your patience as we have been waiting on a few parts and our batch of led strips…we should begin shipping within the next week or so..

Thanks for the update much appreciated!

#4175 12 months ago

#265 made it home today. Only minor issue I had was a NC trough switch contact was shorted to a NO contact. Caused random drains, but I was able to find it quickly. We played it all night with zero issues. Very fun game. Good job on this on Spooky.

20230424_174117 (resized).jpg20230424_174117 (resized).jpg
#4176 12 months ago

254 made it today ! Only issue I had was the weak ball plunge .. which has did now miraculously repaired itself ! What’s the fix for the did it comes back ? Definitely a cool game and not easy as it comes set up now .

The only “design flaw” is I don’t like how you can drain out when it goes behind the drop targets . Otherwise shoots and plays quite well .

23526FEB-4286-4FED-B911-6AC87DE29037 (resized).jpeg23526FEB-4286-4FED-B911-6AC87DE29037 (resized).jpeg6D72F2CD-9827-4445-96BE-E1F3B0BA057B (resized).jpeg6D72F2CD-9827-4445-96BE-E1F3B0BA057B (resized).jpeg
#4177 11 months ago

It never ceases to amaze me how gorgeous this game looks in these pictures y'all post. Excited to see mine in person later this year.

#4178 11 months ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

It never ceases to amaze me how gorgeous this game looks in these pictures y'all post. Excited to see mine in person later this year.

Even better looking in person of course. Beautiful game

Zero issues thus far for me

#4179 11 months ago

I traced my game lock ups due to the lower left flipper.

The game consistently locks up after the flipper fires.

I tried testing Svenop suggestions. In diode mode I had continuity m/shorted values on q7 q6 and q5 but the flipper mosfets seem to test okay,

Although I’m just waiting to hear back from spooky to actually confirm what to test next

And yes 100% would be nice to have schematics and wiring

#4180 11 months ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

It was random before. Might not be in the code now. Not sure. Hopefully it’s only used in certain, determinable instances going forward.

#4181 11 months ago
Quoted from Boat:

I traced my game lock ups due to the lower left flipper.
The game consistently locks up after the flipper fires.
I tried testing Svenop suggestions. In diode mode I had continuity m/shorted values on q7 q6 and q5 but the flipper mosfets seem to test okay,
Although I’m just waiting to hear back from spooky to actually confirm what to test next
And yes 100% would be nice to have schematics and wiring

Q7,Q6,Q5 always test shorted. On all 3 boards I've had and Spooky said that's normal

#4182 11 months ago

Current state of mods for our Scooby pin.
Still waiting on,,,,,
Lantern mods
Upgraded 3D printed hands
Apron mod
Space Kook ship

As is, it’s looking and playing fantastic!

IMG_7192 (resized).jpegIMG_7192 (resized).jpegIMG_7193 (resized).jpegIMG_7193 (resized).jpegIMG_7194 (resized).jpegIMG_7194 (resized).jpegIMG_7195 (resized).jpegIMG_7195 (resized).jpegIMG_7196 (resized).jpegIMG_7196 (resized).jpegIMG_7197 (resized).jpegIMG_7197 (resized).jpegIMG_7198 (resized).jpegIMG_7198 (resized).jpegIMG_7199 (resized).jpegIMG_7199 (resized).jpegIMG_7200 (resized).jpegIMG_7200 (resized).jpegIMG_7863 (resized).jpegIMG_7863 (resized).jpegIMG_7864 (resized).jpegIMG_7864 (resized).jpegIMG_7189 (resized).jpegIMG_7189 (resized).jpegIMG_7188 (resized).jpegIMG_7188 (resized).jpeg
#4183 11 months ago

Some of those mods are just too much, especially the coin door and speaker panel decals

#4184 11 months ago

If you and family are happy with mods that’s all that matters,enjoy scooby I know I doo!

#4185 11 months ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

Some of those mods are just too much, especially the coin door and speaker panel decals

Anything to detract from the gameplay I guess

#4186 11 months ago

May need to draw the line at scrappy since he is not in the game

#4187 11 months ago

Hey guys go show Scooby Doo some love for the Top 100! Takes 50 ratings these days just to get on the board!

#4188 11 months ago

Played some more on location last night. The drops on the left were sluggish. Struggled to drop. What’s the remedy for this? Seems they are getting caught somehow and weren’t snappy at all. Hadn’t noticed this on other ones I played because they weren’t coded yet, and I ignored them.

#4189 11 months ago

383 butter paid in full

#4190 11 months ago

Spoke with AJ. New board and CPU coming overnight. I'm sure this will solve it.

Quoted from Time4akshun:

#210 owner in the house. Game is stunning. Nice build. Great characters. I am struggling though with inconsistent play since receiving. Mainly issues with ball getting stuck in Mystery Machine and not continuing/sensing and ball draining and not sensing/ejecting next ball. Cannot continue playing. Flips still flip. No ball search gets triggered to remedy. Any thoughts?
Time

#4191 11 months ago

Tightening the springs will likely do the trick, worked wonders on my HWN. After about 100 plays the springs got comfortable, took out a bit of slack and they were snappy ever since

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Played some more on location last night. The drops on the left were sluggish. Struggled to drop. What’s the remedy for this? Seems they are getting caught somehow and weren’t snappy at all. Hadn’t noticed this on other ones I played because they weren’t coded yet, and I ignored them.

#4192 11 months ago
Quoted from Danzig:

Current state of mods for our Scooby pin.
Still waiting on,,,,,
Lantern mods
Upgraded 3D printed hands
Apron mod
Space Kook ship
As is, it’s looking and playing fantastic!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great dog!!! Looks like a pin lover..

#4193 11 months ago

Sorry probably been answered of posted somewhere, but….does anyone have the dimensions of NIB of hand?

Thanks

#4194 11 months ago
Quoted from Danzig:

Current state of mods for our Scooby pin

That looks fantastic, I really like the outcome! I am eager to get mine

#4195 11 months ago
Quoted from LastCall420:

Sorry probably been answered of posted somewhere, but….does anyone have the dimensions of NIB of hand?
Thanks

machine or the box itself?

#4196 11 months ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

machine or the box itself?

Machine. I’d like to know the dimensions as well, particularly the width of the back box. Thanks.

#4197 11 months ago

bb-28'' 3/4 w h-76'' w/o topper 87'' 1/2 with L 51'' 5/8 ( +1'' 1/2 for the incline of legs.)

#4198 11 months ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

bb-28'' 3/4 w h-76'' w/o topper 87'' 1/2 with L 51'' 5/8 ( +1'' 1/2 for the incline of legs.)

Thank you

#4199 11 months ago

Send my log file to spooky as it’s still locking up.

I found a few other minor quality things with the soldering and one loose solder on the upper playfield.

The coil “whine” is quite loud. I understand that there could be some but mine is obnoxiously loud.

I know not everyone’s game is the same but hopefully this will be addressed

#4200 11 months ago
Quoted from LastCall420:

Thanks

About 31”x31”. Think I measured about 58” tall on pallet. Hope that helps

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
There are 11,599 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 232.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.