(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,653 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by Pinstym
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6192 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #224 Tracker sheet Posted by La4s (1 year ago)

Post #600 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (RnM) Posted by manadams (1 year ago)

Post #601 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (Ultraman) Posted by RussMyers (1 year ago)

Post #1021 IE Pinball streaming an early production Scooby. Posted by Morgoth00 (1 year ago)

Post #1671 Topper height measured. Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #1678 Overall height of game with topper. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Post #1792 Mystery machine scoop rejects - flipper power fix Posted by Sethman (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Backbox width measured. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bkpitmaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#137 1 year ago

Have a young son and second baby on the way. Any chance butter cab holds up long term or is decal the way to go? I have decal on RnM and think it looks great. I’m expecting the email this week.

#207 1 year ago

#69 is going on the line! No butter for me.

#268 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Figured the first batch was gonna b looked over really well... so far the few out the box have had some qc issues.

Screw coming loose during transportation isn’t a QC issue. Having to adjust an opto is. Hopefully it’s just pitched too low causing the issue.

#301 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Photo dump! Can’t get over how beautiful it is!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is this regular or butter cab?

#307 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Regular. Here’s another shot with its older brother, also regular decals. [quoted image]

That looks phenomenal for regular. Feeling a lot better about my regular order now!

#452 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Can anyone with photoshop skills show us what those magnetic speaker covers will look like in the CE? Might order a set even though I’m months away from getting mine.
Edit. All good. Found a picture
[quoted image]

The game is already so busy, I like the powder coat and dark art blades. There’s plenty of color and art where it counts, in my opinion.

#509 1 year ago

Saw this gameplay video posted by great American pinball

#516 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

So, why aren't the speaker grill lights doing anything in this video? I bought my R&M from the original buyer and for some insane reason he didn't get the light up speakers and I hate it.

Not my video so idk

#593 1 year ago

Any idea on how long the shopping notification takes after invoice is paid in full? I paid last Monday. I have a friend visiting from out of state in 19 days.

#828 1 year ago

Sheeesh.. my game is on the line now. Hopefully my setup is more smooth than some of those on this thread.

#857 1 year ago

69 shipping out today. So pumped for this game!! It’s making a long journey to AZ!

#925 1 year ago

I’ll update the group on my NIB experience next Tuesday, whether it be good or bad. Hopefully we can get some success stories in here of happy owners.

#1017 1 year ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

Ok, about 10 games into #62 and fingers crossed I think all is good. No issues I can see.
I will say there are a couple of quirks I've noticed.
1. buzzing from flippers when trapping up.
2. Speakers buzz. Haven't adjusted default volume. But, level seems good for callouts.
3. Song needs to be much louder when starting mystery machine multiball. It needs to rock out. As it is you barely hear it.
[quoted image]

Enjoy and thanks again for swapping

#1030 1 year ago
Quoted from VictoryPointePGH:

Hey I wanted to say that I have CE #67 on location and I seem to be having shooter lane issues as well. I can't tell what is causing it but often the shooter lane will not recognize there's a ball there and so hitting the launch button doesn't launch the ball. Sometimes it resolves itself and sometimes it seems to decide it will allow a launch eventually. It seemed to happen most when the ball launched and it failed via hitting the little bit of trough sticking out and so didn't exit the shooter lane. Rather than shooting again automatically or allowing a button push to count as a launch.

Can’t the auto plunge and the plunge triggering when you press it easily be fixed by a code update? Seems like that and the drop target ball search is something that could be quickly fixed in the next few days with code.

#1050 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

So, the early builds are for people who I thought were to trouble shoot for the future builds, and the operators to put lots of games on the pin. I really love Spooky’s activity on these boards…but people judging the early pins is ridiculous. The people receiving the early pins know the score. I think that the problems with the early pins blasted on pinside and not brought directly to Spooky to improve on the backside are sh!!??. If you’ve received an early pin help…directly email/involve Spooky. Otherwise…you are part of the problem.

They are contacting Spooky support and also sharing experiences with other early owners in an owners thread. Stop fishing for drama.

#1093 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Spooky definitely is not the only manufacturer with QC issues. I just received my new EHOH and it’s not playable out of the box.

Yeah my Godzilla LE has had a bad node board since I received it and bad shaker. I’ve gotten three replacements and all bad boards. I also had AIQ that needed three subway replacements before working and one of the opto mounts weren’t threaded so it was literally a loose screw hanging there. I bought used Rick and Morty and no issues so far. I also had a Deadpool NIB with no issues. So 2/3 NIB games with issues that made them unplayable. Deadpool only had a few loose connections that messed with lighting that were easily fixed. I’m excited for Scooby still and not worried about the stream last night and the game being easy. People were commenting about IE making it look boring. I promise he’ll play Foo Fighter on stream within the next 6 months and score in the billions, beating every single mode and making it look boring. There’s also no wizard mode in Scooby yet so it looked anti-climactic agree he beat all the villain modes. The game has promise for average guys like me.

#1156 1 year ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Side note, if you don't already have blade protectors, order them now for when your game comes. This is a tight fit when raising and lowering the playfield.

Where can I get them the cheapest? Bought a used RnM and the former owners didn’t use them…

#1303 1 year ago
Quoted from Titokombo:

I'm a newbi, are these not able to drop during ball search because the type of drops they are? I'm assuming they don't have opto's and share the same coil, is that correct? Is this a parts cost or space decision? Someone educate me, I love knowing this type of stuff.
Too late now but if it's a cost issue I'd rather give up half the sculpts to get upgraded drop type. Modders and my own 3D printing make me care less about non-mechanical sculpts being included. Maybe the cost is too high though. Overall the fact they are working to resolve issues is awesome! Much appreciated Spooky.
Also, someone needs to take SpookyLuke phone/computer for 48hrs. Get some rest!

I had the same thoughts. Recalls are a thing when needed to fix core issues.

#1318 1 year ago

For us pinball dummies, are there any toolkits you’d recommend to work on machines? Deep socket wrench for example. I don’t have those and had to use other methods to loosen up a post which cause me to scratch the powder coat on Godzilla LE…

#1514 1 year ago

Getting my game tomorrow!!! Pumped to get it all setup and playing. This was a family game purchase to get my son into pinball when he gets older. I am happy to support a smaller company and Midwest business. Hoping to avoid any issues but understand the territory I entered buying early.

#1530 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

On a positive note.
My Halloween has had zero issues. #132
Same number for Scooby coming soon. Paid up and ready to go.
Making Pinball is really hard.
Making all Pinheads happy is impossible.

Idk man. I’m a pinhead and I’m happy with a free play machine and a beer/whiskey next to me. Pretty simply if you ask me. Maybe they should start shipping a bottle of Buffalo Trace with the games so everyone can lighten up.

#1566 1 year ago

Stop with the back and forth on the same topic. Let it go. Direct message each other if you feel the need to keep going on about it.

#1589 1 year ago

I had asked Morgan about this and she said some distros collect cash before Spooky asks for it. The #61 game is a little surprising to me. Maybe spam folder got the updates? I got a call from the shipping company the same day Spooky said it shipped. I’m sure a phone call will get it sorted for that one.

#1605 1 year ago

#69 made it home. Nice.

0DDEA8CE-04B8-4EE2-9AFB-359E628B5991 (resized).jpeg0DDEA8CE-04B8-4EE2-9AFB-359E628B5991 (resized).jpeg
#1615 1 year ago

#69 works perfect out of the box. All lights look good. I had to open up the green wireform a little but was able to just do that with my fingers. Loving the game so far!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1653 1 year ago
Quoted from adborto:

This is great to hear! How are you enjoying the game so far?

Yeah I’m loving it so far. I’m going to give it a couple days of play before rating it. I’m trying to get the pitch right. I have the front legs all the way down and the back legs are a half inch from being the highest they can go. My phone app still says Pitch is around 6.8 so if that’s true I don’t think I can get to 7 without screwing the feet all the way to the tip. Will report back on gameplay in a couple days.

#1658 1 year ago
Quoted from StacksOT:

I may have missed it somewhere, but does anyone have the dimensions for the game? Just trying to reorganize to prepare the perfect future spot for everyone to enjoy!

The back box is the same width as a standard game so you can fit it wherever you can fit a standard game.

#1663 1 year ago

Alright. Here’s my way too early, honeymoon phase review on the game now that I’ve gotten intimate with it Shoutout to SpookyLuke spooky_dj SpookyBug and team for putting together a phenomenal game. You can feel the passion that went into this one.

I have this game to play in my home. Initially I felt a little slow but you need to set the pitch pretty steep. When the pitch is set properly, this thing rips and flows well. I was able to effectively hit all the shots on the lower playfield which is a fan layout. I enjoyed having the ability to backhand some of the important shots that start and progress modes. Backhanding the mystery machine is easier than a normal shot for me. I love the center ramp either acting as a traditional ramp or a diverter to the upper playfield if you use the book case diverter. The spinners are super smooth and the left spinner on the lower playfield is my favorite shot in the game.
The upper playfield is definitely a change of pace as the ball slows down compared to the rapid horse shoes on the lower. The bookcase flipper is really hard to master for the three lanes on the upper right side. You can’t really cradle and do a calculated shot which keeps it challenging and interesting.
The code is early and the game has another multi-ball coming in the next update which will help with the wow factor that multi-ball modes bring. The modes themselves are already well thought out and require interaction and intention. They’re also timed which adds pressure to the game. Pressure in game is something that makes the competitiveness of it super exciting. I like the paint mode where you dip your brush with certain shots to paint other lanes and then collect clues. Other modes make you refill oxygen and then hit a few shots, then refill again. That sort of creativity in modes really sets this apart for me.
It’s not a simple game by any means and it’s hard for me to get to unmasking on medium difficulty. I’m an above average player but I’m no tournament guy. I think on easy mode with closed lanes this game could be blown up by someone like me and enjoyed by novice players. Open outlanes and hard mode would make ball times very short.
The art on this machine is stunning. I got standard cabinet and am blown away by how it looks. I think that’s where Spooky really shines as a pinball company. The green sparkle powder coat on the legs, lockdown, and speaker panel are great. The topper looks nice but leaves a little to be desired. The lighting is dull which it seems like they were going for but it doesn’t wow me like the rest of the machine does.
Animations and callouts, well, it’s Scooby Doo and they got the OG series for clips and call outs. You get exactly what you’d expect, which I personally love. What more can you ask for than that and good integration with modes?
Overall, I’m loving the game so far and think this game will be incredible as code continues to develop, and music/callouts continue getting added since they said they have over 4,000. I can’t wait to try out the wizard mode once added. If you’re hesitant about this game, don’t freak out. It sounds like there were some bad apples early in production but that wasn’t my experience at all. This one might be bolted to the floor so the kids have a pinball theme they can love.

#1678 1 year ago
Quoted from gilbi:

Hi Guys
Could someone share the Topper height ? double checking my basement ceiling as well

You’ll need about 7’6” clearance with the topper.

#1682 1 year ago

I know someone said this but I want to reiterate. The playfield and cabinet are TIGHT. I didn’t even open the playfield to check connections because it will definitely damage them without protection. Be sure to get a set of protectors if you don’t have them. I got them from mezel mods but there are lots of good options out there.

That machine is a tank. Feels all of 400 lbs. I’m a really strong guy and a Marine but I struggled massively setting this up myself and recommend you have a helper if possible! Pic for your time.

348DAC19-8141-49F9-8D5B-A8253E60BAA7 (resized).jpeg348DAC19-8141-49F9-8D5B-A8253E60BAA7 (resized).jpeg
#1784 1 year ago

This game is bad ass. If you’re still waiting you’re in for a treat. Be patient, dial it in, and unmask those villains! stumblor any idea on timing for those lantern mods? I’m excited to add! I just got the email for GZ Tokyo sign too!

#1788 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Glad I ordered an extra scoop mod from Vimtoman when I got one for Halloween. Slides right over the existing scoop and makes the shot hard to miss. Highly recommend to anyone having trouble with that scoop. [quoted image]

This won’t work because the scoop catches the ball and then the vuk launches the ball vertically into the mystery machine mech lock. Anything blocking vertical clearance issues will essentially block the ball from enter the mech.

#1816 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Upper playfield flippers would definitely play better with higher power.

Agreed on this

#1838 1 year ago

Happy Friday y’all. Enjoy the weekend. Spooky team, keep being awesome and enjoy the well earned down time! I have a buddy flying in from out of state to play the game next weekend! Whooooop!

#1843 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Well it was nice to finally sit down and really play Scooby Doo.
Cabinet Build Quality 9/10
First off I will start with the cabinet. The build quality for this is great. It is a beast and feels rock solid. It is one of the heaviest I have moved and I have owned a few wide bodies since I started the hobby in 2019. Edges look great on mine and only a couple nicks on it. But black paint pen fixed that right up
Powder Coat 10/10
The powder coating is simply gorgeous. I love the green they picked. The clear coat on it is great. Halloween clear coat and powder had issues, but I do not foresee any issues here. I added light blue cabinet leg protectors and yellow bolt protectors to mine. I am not a fan of green perse, but any Mopar fan like me will love it, and anybody to be honest. Color fits the theme perfectly and I don’t see any blemishes or orange peel in the clear coat.
Shipping and packaging 9/10
Packaging was just as good as Halloween. It is wrapped and secured very well. So if any damage to the box, the cabinet should be well protected from any damage other than something catastrophic by the shipper. So unless box is totaled, the game should be fine.
Artwork 10/10
What can I say about the cabinet artwork. Simply stunning! How this doesn’t get artwork of the year is beyond me. It nails the original series but updated, not updated to the point it doesn’t loose the charm or nostalgia of the original series. Foofighters is really good, but Scooby hands down.
The vinyl decal colors are vibrant and glossy. Halloween was the same way, and looks awesome. For me I did not need to go butter, the decals look great.
The playfield is a work of art. Very cohesive with the cabinet artwork. The blend is flawless for me. The fingerprint inserts, Captain Cutler footprints, ghost/the gang silhouette inserts are great. Captures the show and takes me back to my youth.
Love that Spooky offers a real backglass. Would be awesome if it was a mirrored backglass for the CE, but that’s nitpicking. Would be cool if someone comes up with adding different colored LEDs in there like some blues and purples. Hell I might even try it.
I am a mod guy and with Scooby I will not be adding anything other than Stumblors lantern and the Kooky Space Ghost ship mod. I also added Rocket City’s 3D start button and ordered his launch button. Also waiting on Wizard mods action button accent piece, speaker panel and coin door cover. I ordered for Halloween also.
Not a fan of the spotlight by the through, so will most likely add through lighting. Appreciate spooky adding it.
Animations/lcd display 8/10
Only thing I wish Spooky would change is the font. Would be great if it would match the backglass font from the original series. I haven’t gotten deep into the game and I am not an amazing player, but love the cutscenes and video quality is really good. Display is bright and I don’t notice any viewing angle issues.
I haven’t tweaked the setting on the display, but I won’t be upgrading it, like Halloween which is hard to see due to being so dark. Tried to adjust it Best I can but blacks are not deep enough. Scooby original cartoon was not super bright and vibrant so the animations and cut scenes match it perfectly, again keeping the nostalgia of the original series.
Sound 9/10
I added pinwoofers to my Godzilla and Batman 66, and I have to say the sound of Halloween speakers and amplifier is amazing. I also have to say the sampling of the sound and music is better than Sterns. I originally added the same amp(Lepai), and upgraded speakers to my sterns, but the sound can not be matched.
No knock on Pinwoofer’s at all, but once you adjust the Lepai amp, and sound setting in the menu it sounds great. Plenty of base if you want it. For me no need for an external amp for Scooby or Halloween.
Nice rich balanced sound and I love the backbox speakers and 10” sub. It’s not a movie theatre surround sound system, but it doesn’t need to be. For pinball it’s awesome.
Topper 9/10
Has the main villains, the haunted mansion and bat from the original opening. Can’t think of anything I would do different to be honest. Looking forward to code updates to the RGB lighting. Hopefully the lights change to match the colors with the current ghost/mode going on. The green on constantly really drowns out the vibrant colors of it.
I will just add in the speaker lights here and the green only is fine for now till the code update. Looking forward to them color changing and hopefully match the ghost/mode that’s happening in the game, same with the topper.
Gameplay/code 7.5/10
I am not an awesome player. And unfortunately will most likely never see every mode. Games for me so not need to be overly complicated or so deep in rules like Godzilla which I own. For novices and new people to pinball can easily jump in and play. Shots and call outs tell you were you need to shoot. I love during Captain Cutler and other modes you have to hit shots to add oxygen to your oxygen tank, like adding health to Lori in Halloween.
A complaint is the time it registers from when the ball hits the mystery machine shot and when it’s released. It’s too long. My daughter said it was about 8 seconds. This slows the game down a bit too much.
Mystery machine multiball was awesome! I only hit it once and having the original music was an awesome surprise. Glad it’s in that mode and not playing all the time.
The music is a bit repetitive but code is early and I am confident more will be added. I am looking forward to seeing the code evolve. The first two seasons has some amazing 60’s style music to pull from like 7 days a week.
RGB lighting 10/10
One of my favorite aspects of this game. Simply WOW! The light show that starts each mode is outstanding. From the greens and purples for the Creeper, and the seizure inducing light show for the spooky space kook. It’s a light show to behold. Each light show matches the ghost. Charlie is blue and yellow, the witch and zombie shades of orange.
Upper playfield 8/10
For me one of the best upper playfields in pinball. Its a true widebody upper playfield. The upper flippers, mainly the left one is really different. Able to let the ball go down Fred’s habitrail, or capture it. I am still getting use to the that flipper and how the ball comes off it depending on where you hit it on the flipper. Glad it’s a unique one verses a standard flipper bat only.
For me and my daughter the factory settings, mainly was a bit too weak, mostly the left flipper. I set my hole power to 60%. At 65% I found at 65% it was to strong and the ball would end up by Scooby in barrel and brave meter.
The one thing it needs for me is some lighting on the left side. Would be great if someone can tie into the RGB lighting on the playfield. The left corner is a bit too dark.
I know many do not like upper playfields, but for me it’s a nice variety in the game and something different from my Sterns.
Lower playfield 9/10
It’s a widebody but not. As we know the lower playfield is a standard body but feels like a wide body. It’s not floaty at all and shoots smooth. I have Halloween and the shots are a bit tight, especially the three hedge ball shots.
Mystery machine shot for me is not a gimme. Like Halloween, I do not miss the pop bumpers. I really like the left mid sling. Acts like a pop bumper like where the pop bumper is in Godzilla.
Love that spooky added clear translucent rubbers. With the lighting, the slings really glow. Excellent decision on Spookys part.
The playfield reminds me of EHOH. It’s open, but once you start playing you really don’t notice it. Ot worked for Elvira and it works for Scooby. It shoots as smooth or a bit smoother than EHOH that I owned. Flipper strength feels right on. Not too weak, and not launching air balls like I do sometimes with Halloween.
For me there are no shots that are super satisfying. But I don’t miss it. I feel like I am playing one of the episodes from the cartoon.
For me the layout just works, as it did in Halloween. In Halloween I felt like I was in the movie, and same with Scooby, I feel like I am in the cartoon.
*updated*
The playfield is really tight. Buying the art blade protectors from pinball life is a must have. Buy them or trash the art blades
https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html
Also do not pull the playfield all the way out. The board by the drop target mech will hate the cabinet.
Also if you have to lift the playfield all the way up and rest it on the backbox you have to remove the phantoms hands on the apron. They both will rest on the backbox. Definitely use a pillow or blanket as a cushion.
The playfield is pretty heavy, and you don’t want to damage the Phantom hand plastic pieces.
Overall 9/10
Outside of my initial issues I am very very happy with Scooby. I have no regret getting an early game and I am so so grateful to Luke and his whole team. This has been a dream/grail for my wife, kids, and me. I am glad Spooky got it and not Stern or JJP.
If I was someone who is thinking on bailing I say don’t. It’s an amazing theme, and game. It will never leave our collection. It was great to see my wife smile and be truly happy for the first time in a year and a half.
For the money and what you get, you can’t go wrong.
Again my apologies for any anger or frustrations I may have had. It was a rough week last week with my daughters brain surgery and my wife’s and mine constant health problems. Thanks for everyone’s support.
I will try to add more video at some point. Not sure why the video quality isn’t great on the videos. I am using an iPhone 14.
Black Night Ghost mode start

Charlie The Robot mode start

Captain Cutler

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How does the start button look in person? I’m not a fan of the stock start button and was thinking about upgrading to this. BallyKISS1978

#1847 1 year ago
Quoted from VoodooPin:

Can someone post the actual width of the backbox of machine when its folded up right out box or the widest part of the machine? I am trying to see if I can get it down my hallway of my house.

BDA1B4B9-71B1-4614-9F72-93BD0F807BD8 (resized).jpegBDA1B4B9-71B1-4614-9F72-93BD0F807BD8 (resized).jpeg
#1861 1 year ago

Man the playfield lighting on this game is some of the best I’ve seen on any pin to date. Give me JJP GnR vibes.

#1898 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I really appreciate you guys making the effort to post a positive report when a game comes out of the box perfect. Most times I think when a game comes out of the box 100% correct you never hear a dang word because people are just happy and playing the game. When you only see the issues it becomes pretty overwhelming for alot of people to see.

Psychologically it also takes 5 positive reviews to offset 1 negative review so keep them coming!

#1959 1 year ago
Quoted from ThatGuyBo:

After reading back through DJ’s post where he acknowledges coil whine, I am a bit concerned this is an issue that won’t be fully fixed. I’ve never had coil whine on any other pin, only a hum on TNA. It’s worse than any CRT or arcade machine I’ve ever owned.
I’m going to try swapping the coils out tomorrow to see if that changes anything, though I doubt it will.
Has anyone else had noticeable coil whine?

Yes it’s terrible

#1976 1 year ago

Just had my high score game ended by the mystery machine bug where it feeds out two balls. When is the next code update being launched to fix that and the flipper coil whine?

#2018 1 year ago

I would keep it. The game is blast. If your a Scooby fan, the theme integration is awesome. And it’s a gorgeous pin. Ours is bolted to the floor. It’s my favorite and the family’s. We also have BM66, GZ pro, and Halloween CE.

Agreed man and the theme integration is top tier. Modes are a blast and unmasking villains is so satisfying along with the original show clips.

#2044 1 year ago

Lol accurate man. Is it Friday yet?

#2049 1 year ago
Quoted from kevster:

Alright folks, I might need some talking down.
I'm currently in line with SD #401. I've never bought a NIB pinball before. Obviously, reading through this thread has been a wild ride. Lots of issues, which doesn't seem too surprising as it's early. But some of the build quality issues are alarming. And that was just heightened by a podcast episode I listened to.
I recently started listening to "Bro, do you even talk pinball." I find it entertaining with generally good info. On their recent episode, they both just laid into Spooky as a pinball manufacturer. And I mean, they let em have it. Talking about issues their past pins have had, things not working out of the box, shoddy soldering jobs, all sorts of things. I'll be honest; it really got me worried. I know Spooky is active on here and everyone says how good their customer service is, and that's awesome. But how concerned should I be that these build quality issues keep coming up on all of their releases?
Believe me, I WANT to be convinced to stick with my pre-order because I think the game looks very fun. But 10 grand is A LOT of money to throw at a company that doesn't appear to be learning much from their past mistakes.
I don't mean to be so negative. I've been hyped about this from the time I first learned about it. I'm hoping to hear some positive things that will convince me to get hyped again. Hearing what I did in that podcast was a bit shocking though. Am I putting too much stock in the opinions of just a couple dudes?

Ultimately it’s your money and your decision. I’ve bought four games NIB. Avengers Infinity Quest premium, Godzilla LE, Deadpool Pro, Scooby CE, and used Rick and Morty BSE. AIQ had subway and node board issues that took over a year to fully resolve. Godzilla to this day is not working properly with the LE Node Board after replacing it three times and replacing two bad shaker motors. Deadpool was flawless. Scooby so far has been flawless but the flipper whine is annoying, hopefully the software patch comes soon. Rick and Morty used has been flawless. If your expectations are that you won’t have issues, you’ll be let down. Even with industry leaders like Stern on their holy grail pin. If you expect a few issues and responsive customer service, then you’ll have a great experience with Spooky. I can’t say that for other manufacturers. I personally think you’ll love the game, especially if you enjoy Scooby Doo as a theme.

#2227 1 year ago

Had a friend over to play Scooby last night. He enjoyed it over Godzilla LE. Very promising game so far IMO.

7229AB1A-DDCA-4675-9D1A-590EB82BDD0C (resized).jpeg7229AB1A-DDCA-4675-9D1A-590EB82BDD0C (resized).jpeg
#2230 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Nice lineup! I’m just a 2-pin and it’ll be GZ and SDCE…I feel like GZ’s layout and Scoobs are so different they should tick different boxes nicely. Think the newbs and non pinball friends will love it too!

They are great complimentary pins.

#2258 1 year ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

Question, is the metal piece of the shooter lane supposed to not be inset? I'm getting a lot of failures when launching. Took a slow motion video so I could help see what was going on. And as you can see in the video, it hits the metal edge, gets some air and doesn't make it all the way.
Not sure what to do about this.

I’m also concerned this metal piece is going to scratch the balls and shred up the playfield…

#2442 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

There have been a two different discussions regarding the power of the upper flipper. I just want to make sure they are separate. The "normal" use is of course controlled by the coil. That power is intentionally lower to account for the shorter distance those shots are traveling. There is already a menu setting to turn this up or down. The backhand off the left side of the bookcase flipper is controlled by the spring which returns the flipper to the home position. If it's super weak, I'd suspect the bushing alignment or make sure the corner of the bookcase isn't rubbing against the rubber post.

What are you supposed to be able to do with the top of the book case? Right now I’m only able to use it to hit the sling on the upper playfield. It’s not strong enough to hit and off the lanes. Is that how it’s intended to be used or do I need to make adjustments? Also emailed service.

#2504 1 year ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can I order online or have to be at TPF?

#2580 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

Absolutely agree. My bad. Back to Scooby. #179 and should be shipping soon based on what others are reporting here. Being shipped by R&L. My only question now is if we can actually hold off buying mods (especially the drips and "Shannon" mine cart) before the game arrives. The UV capabilities also create a new dilemma (a very positive one) for what to do about lighting in the game room. Going to need to get some black lights up!! Thanks Ballykiss1978 for your black light video. Do appreciate that.

I’m 100% in on the apron mod. It’s a little spendy but looks like a quality 3D sculpt, and most importantly it gets rid of the spotlight in the out lane which will look much better and make the playfield easier to lift.

#2676 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Agree 100%
I bought one of these, a few hundred dollars seems worth the investment
"Non-sacrificial filter technology repeatedly suppresses worst case surges and removes EMI/RFI noise disturbances from the power line without wear or degradation to the components"
https://zerosurge.com/8r-series/
[quoted image]

What would a surge do to harm a game? I plug mine straight into a wall outlet (3).

#2679 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Newer games like Scooby have computers in them and Surges can kill computers. Plust your power supply on ALL games is at risk from a surge which will at least cost you down-time.

Thanks. I’ve been in the hobby 3ish years so still learning.

#2758 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

It probably really boils down to what persons handle your package. You’ll either get nincompoop or the one with some common sense that handles your package with care. Hopefully the latter.
Begin the onslaught of package jokes

My wife is the best package handler I’ve ever had. I’m not sure she’d be up for handling a package this large though.

#2845 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I think you’re overthinking this. Maybe there was a cost saving option that Spooky did to bring the cost down…I’m sure there was a lot of this. Bottom line, Spooky packed as much BOM in this pin and tried to keep the cost as low as possible…I’m convinced of that.

Agreed this game is already loaded. These companies are also in the business of making money. They have to take care of their employees and families. The expectation can’t be that they sell us products at 0 margin. If this got the chop during design to be added and is available as an aftermarket add on I’m fine supporting them on that.

#2856 1 year ago

I found another use for the cup holder in case you don’t drink!

1545A515-D213-49B1-8662-6903A9EDDEC1 (resized).jpeg1545A515-D213-49B1-8662-6903A9EDDEC1 (resized).jpeg
#3059 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Hey Danzig did you find the inside edge of the pin defender "rides up" at all? Noticed that on my GZ wondering if there's a trick to installing it I missed...and while I'm at it - just had to loosen the right wall of the shooter rail and slide it in there? I noticed BallyKISS1978 said he couldn't get his side rail up at all. Curious as I have one of these for my CE when it arrives. Thanks!

I couldn’t get the side rail up either but I’m probably just an idiot.

#3232 1 year ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Thanks to wfumed2 for the flower power idea... groovy way for breaking up the green
[quoted image][quoted image]

Can someone resurface the link to buy these?

#3294 1 year ago

Rocket City Pinball Start and Launch button before and after.

4983FCB4-35FE-4AAF-A318-400182FCB284 (resized).jpeg4983FCB4-35FE-4AAF-A318-400182FCB284 (resized).jpegA97132ED-5450-47A3-BA69-A5E6F431ABEB (resized).jpegA97132ED-5450-47A3-BA69-A5E6F431ABEB (resized).jpeg
#3373 1 year ago

It totally is. I added pinstadium Neo Atoms though. They really bring out the artwork that is there. Didn’t realize how much I didn’t see before I added them.
[quoted image]

Lol we know man we’ve seen it like 3-4 times already

#3374 1 year ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Thanks to wfumed2 for the flower power idea... groovy way for breaking up the green
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yep I also copied the flowers. Love the idea and cheapest mod I’ve ever done.

#3377 1 year ago

I copied the flower magnets. Super cheap and looks great to break up the monotonous green.

Quoted from jakedistel:

Definitely going cheaper here...love the flowers but would also love to find some tiny flying bats that might match the art and work in the space. Most I'm finding are too large for the space. Need some nice vinyl flying bats...don't even need to be highly 3 dimensional. Haha. Back Alley, maybe???? checked out your Elvira site just in case. That is where I got the blood drips for Halloween (as well as "Shannon". Great to see Scooby trying to escape the mine with his bud...on our game we have Scooby ahead of "Shannon" and winning by just a bit...seemed only fair.

I’d like some magnet bats for the lockdown bar. Would be a nice edition. I’ll look around today and share if I can find anything.

1 week later
#3689 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

New code is posted on Spooky's website!
Sorry should have included the link!
https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/
[quoted image]

spooky_dj does this mean we have to adjust lower flipper hold strength to reduce whine after code update or does it come with the right setting when updated?

#3711 1 year ago

Cheap little lock down bar mod. Would prefer clearer stickers but this was the best I could find on Etsy.

04DC0ABC-9EEB-482D-91FE-D82FA030739D (resized).jpeg04DC0ABC-9EEB-482D-91FE-D82FA030739D (resized).jpeg
#3722 1 year ago

Thanks for the help. I’ll give that a try.

#3737 1 year ago

Thanks for the tips guys. I gave em the ole rub and tug and they look ten times better. Last pic so I’m not hijacking the thread.

1F1738EE-974B-43B3-8A32-2EA084F43F91 (resized).jpeg1F1738EE-974B-43B3-8A32-2EA084F43F91 (resized).jpeg
#3741 1 year ago

Where did you score the bats? Thanks for posting!

The link I sent has full size car decals, smaller sized gang I used for this, and about 5 sheets of small bats with 6 per sheet.

#3890 1 year ago

I still have lower flipper hum when holding the flipper, what else do i need to change in the settings? I have new code, coils set to normal. I ask people here on the thread if they are still having hum issues and no one will reply.
Do I need to lower the flipper hold power? I tried a couple times and hum will not go away.

Mine still hums pretty loud on standard. The code update said upper flippers still hum after update so they could just be that loud that it sounds like it’s coming from lower.

#3891 1 year ago

How do I hit the secret passage shot? I hit it a ton when I first got the game and it hasn’t gone in the secret passage the past 20+ games. I’m trying to figure out if I just suck or if there’s an opto not picking up the shot I need to hit it.

#4020 1 year ago
Quoted from SpacelySpliffs:

Curious if anyone has received their Back Alley apron mods yet? I 'm sure they're really busy, just curious if they've started to go out yet?

Nope. Haven’t gotten notice. They said about 28 days to ship and it’s been longer than that at this point so should be any day now.

1 week later
#4447 12 months ago

Still no issues with my game and I was very early adopter. Only tweak with pulling the wire form to allow the ball to pass and moving plastic over that was rubbing. There was a screw in the bottom of the cabinet but didn’t see any missing so I think it was just overlooked. Overall loving the game and no regrets buying. It’s my favorite pin and it’s setup right next to Godzilla LE (which had 4 bad node boards and took over 18 months to get working properly)

#4459 11 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

You only have to cut 1 zip tie, and it's one that is holding the CAT cable to one of the plastic cable organizers.
Once you do that, you unplug to CAT and 2 connectors, and it will also come out.
But it's very awkward trying to hold the pf, and even with two people it's a pain.
I think anyone with a game that didn't get loctite on the coil stops is inevitably going to have to remove their upper pf.
If you're not comfortable taking a part games, this is going to be a real nightmare for you.
My coil stop screws were also completely lost, so I'm lucky I keep spare parts, and I had a couple of them laying around.

Would be great if the next person that did this could video so noobs like me have something to follow along with when I have to.

1 week later
#4803 11 months ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Honest question - I had a long game of SD, started several mysteries, etc., and never once got to the upper playfield. What gets the ball up there? Or could it have been a weak VUK somewhere I couldn't see?

Center ramp. Hold the left flipper after shooting to divert the ball to upper.

#4952 11 months ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great. I’m hoping these ship out soon. Haven’t heard anything since I placed deposit and we’re coming up on two months.

#5093 11 months ago

New attract mode light show

This with the new LED board? Mine arrived yesterday. I have the stuck on blue issue but was just waiting for the new board to see if that resolved it before trying the button hold method shared by others.

#5186 11 months ago
Quoted from ThatGuyBo:

Has anyone had any luck with flipper coil whine after updating? Doesn't seem to have improved the audible and annoying whine for me.

I switched my flipper power from standard to boosted. Played a game. Switched it back to standard. Repowered the machine. Whine is almost completely gone on lower flippers now for me.

1 week later
#5370 11 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Scooby hit the top 100 list tonight.

This game not being top 15 is actually insane.

#5400 11 months ago

What multiballs are currently in the game? Haven’t had a chance to play much with the kid but when I have played I haven’t started any besides captain cutler MB.

#5446 10 months ago

Finally installed the washers. Huge difference!! Thank you so much! Very happy with them.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great

#5518 10 months ago
Quoted from at_t_2d:

I just heard from the vendor that they have my pin and will be shipping it out shortly. I do not have the number yet. My question is regarding the power switch location. I'm trying to figure where Scooby is going to sit in the game room. My old Bally/Williams and Jersey Jack pins have the switch in front under the cabinet where it is easy to get to. I have a Ghostbusters where the switch is under the back box so I have it on the far right of my line up so I can get to it easier. Thanks in advance.....

Front of the pin by your right knee.

#5655 10 months ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I am sure you, as well as many others, know you could ask about the status of your order from me. I have responded back to the 100s of e-mails from people asking about their Flamin' Frames orders in the past year and a half. Not a single e-mail has gone unanswered and not a single order has been canceled, unless the buyer asked for me to cancel it for them. I let people know the situation with the type 14 kits before they even place an order for them. As for any of my other 13 light kit types...no one asks about their order status as they ship in 0 - 3 days of the order being placed, with PayPal sending tracking information to the buyer when the order is processed.
So please, do not lump me in as a seller that doesn't respond to their emails, refuses to answer questions or has some sort of issue communicating with customers or potential customers. There are plenty of threads about other sellers having these types of issues, many times the same ones over and over again...but that's not me.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

IMG_4590 (resized).jpegIMG_4590 (resized).jpeg
#5794 10 months ago

If anyone is waiting on an apron mod I reached out to Matt. He said we should be expecting a large batch to go out in about a week.

#5841 10 months ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

In my experience, they are awesome! I bought R&M second hand and reached out to buy new art blades because I dropped the playfield and scratched one. I asked them to let me know the cost and they sent them for free (I didn’t even pay shipping) and even apologized for the delay, as they had to have more printed.

I didn’t get free blades but they’ve also been great helping me with my second hand Rick and Morty. In fact mine came damaged so I should reach out to buy a new set.

#5848 10 months ago
Quoted from Danzig:

Finally got my Scooby moved inside, couldn’t be happier with it. I got all the best of childhood TV “made into pinball” in one pic now!
[quoted image]

That’s awesome! I saw that DOH at a show about 18 months ago. Wish they would have done that again and opened it to the public.

#5909 10 months ago

I’m kinda struggling to hit the outer orbits. My pin is pitched as far as the adjustable feet will go up. I’m thinking my pin leveler app isn’t right because it says I’m only able to get to 6.8 all the way up. If I lower the pitch a bit will that make outer orbits more doable? Is it stands the ball has to be at the absolute tip of the flipper and timing it is dang near impossible for me.

#5930 10 months ago

Had a sweet date night with my SD pin upgrading a few things… pics to come!

#5934 10 months ago
Quoted from kezorm:

Upgraded amp and audio cable yesterday. Also split out the new audio cable from the bundle. Absolute silence now when supposed to be silent. Brilliant. There was tons of background hiss before. Also no more loud pops on power up / boot.
Went with Fosi Audio BT30D amp and Amazon basics cable.

Was it an easy swap? The background buzz can get a little annoying on startup. I’d be interested to hear from Spooky on their thoughts about the amp upgrades to power the speaker and sub.

#5935 10 months ago

Spooky customer service and game upgrade post.

I just want to say that the customer service Spooky provides is not only the best in pinball, but some of the best in all consumer goods products. They sent me a new LED board to give better light shows and simple install video instead of profiting off me and selling it as an upgrade. They also sent ball trap protectors free of charge. THEY EVEN USED A SPOOKY COOZIE AS PADDING DURING SHIPPING. Little stuff like that adds up.

Onto the upgrades. Back alley apron mood looks great. The fit is a little off on the shooter side but the craftsmanship of the piece is top notch. Adding clear washers to the flipper buttons makes a massive difference in light coming through the flippers. LED board works great and I still think this game has one of the best light shows I’ve seen in any pin ever.

That’s all, have an awesome weekend.

IMG_4639 (resized).jpegIMG_4639 (resized).jpegIMG_4640 (resized).jpegIMG_4640 (resized).jpegIMG_4642 (resized).jpegIMG_4642 (resized).jpegIMG_4644 (resized).jpegIMG_4644 (resized).jpegIMG_4647 (resized).jpegIMG_4647 (resized).jpegIMG_4648 (resized).jpegIMG_4648 (resized).jpeg
#5975 10 months ago

Spooky team, would you ever consider pausing timer on timed modes while ball is in the mystery machine? Nothing worse than losing precious seconds while the ball isn’t in play. Thumbs up if you agree.

#6022 10 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

The Pinside 100 is useless. A small number of people actually play games thoroughly and then fairly rate them based on their experience and feelings.
Then you get people who want to post reviews for the sole purpose of inflating or deflating a title, a phenomenon that I will never understand since I'm a grown adult.
Snatch gets 74% on Rotten Tomatoes, but in my personal opinion, that movie is an 11/10! Does that mean I can't still think that because other people disagree?
Who give an F what someone thinks about the game you own. If Scooby is rated #75 on this pointless list, why does that affect your enjoyment of it.
I'm just saying, enjoy your game, and stop looking at what others think of it.
Happy flipping!

Yeah I don’t think Spooky has the following size needed to crack the top ten. The other armies will suppress other titles to keep their beloveds on top. To me, Scooby Doo is easily in the top ten of games I played and I could debate for top five. I’d love to see them get there in the rankings for the recognition of their work on this title but it’s unlikely. So the best we can do is sing the Spooky praises for the great work they did on this game!

1 week later
#6217 9 months ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Got this buttery beast delivered and setup today. Really pleased that everything seems great straight out of the box! #379, right at home with some of its Spooky brothers.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Dang would love to own an Alice Cooper pinball. He hosts a charity concert at my golf course every April and plays early mornings here pretty often.

#6235 9 months ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

I have a friend that has a Butter CE with 3 plays on it...he needs to recoup some funds so is willing to let it go to a new home for 9500 he said. Pm me and I'll put ya'll in touch if interested.

Wow…. That’s a steal. Wish I didn’t already have one so I could get this.

#6253 9 months ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Just some pics of my stainless gate mod for Scooby here. Available in the pinside shops.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1517-severedmods-/08648-scooby-doo-stainless-steel-gate-[quoted image][quoted image]

How much work is it to install this?

#6254 9 months ago

I’m assuming this is a simple install but anyone care to explain so I don’t waste these? Also did y’all go with clear?

#6265 9 months ago

Installed these and wrote down my steps. One thing I’ll note is that there are little squares within certain parts of the mesh so if that bother you make sure there aren’t any in the piece you cut out to install.

1) Unplug machine. Unlock speaker panel and fold down. Lay down soft towel under speaker panel.
2) Unscrew four nuts holding in speaker with 11/32” nut driver. Gently set aside speak and LED ring in back box. Hold onto screws and speaker panel, remove mesh. If you don’t hold it will fall into glass. Note: left speaker has cable securing speaker panel, recommend placing something soft to support while you work but avoid placing directly on screen protector to avoid scratches.
3) Cut new mesh to same size. Mark wear holes go on new mesh. Set on cardboard and cut X slots over holes with a knife.
4) Place speaker cover back in game and holding screws in place. Insert new mesh with X cuts over screws. Replace LED light. Replace speaker. Screw in four nuts. Enjoy!
~10-15 min install, I might cut out a new piece and reinstall due to square showing as mentioned above.

#6271 9 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

You may be able to poke those holes out with a small nail or dental pick before installing.
RM

It’s not holes that aren’t poked it’s almost like it got pressed into recycled plastics or something.

#6306 9 months ago
Quoted from Danzig:

Stumblor lanterns installed now, a full set of four of them. Wow what an amazing enhancement!

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! I just installed mine last night. Install only caused me to drop 6 F bombs so not terrible but it’s one of the harder mod installations I’ve done.

#6411 9 months ago

Anyone have recommendations for powerful surge protectors to hook 3-4 pinball machines up to?

#6420 9 months ago
Quoted from VictoryPointePGH:

This morning after updating my Scooby started having light issues. The upper playfield is lit normally but the lower/main playfield is only dimly lit and the lights only light red instead of RGB. It feels like it's a connector that's come partially loose, but since there's not a manual I'm not 100% sure where to look for it.
[quoted image]

Light board is behind the speaker panel in the backbox. Spooky posted a video on their YouTube channel of how to replace it so you know what it looks like.

#6474 9 months ago

Is Co-Op ever coming to Scooby Doo? Would be nice bringing families and friends together in the game as members of the gang.

Man the more games I see released the more and more I like my Scooby.

#6483 9 months ago
Quoted from Tallon:

They have not stated either way from what I remember. My guess would be that they are planning on finishing the game first. like getting all the wizard modes in the game first and finishing the scooby and daphne character modes.

That’s fair. I can be patient and understand the prioritization! Hopefully the do it as an enhancement along the way or near the end.

#6486 9 months ago

I have yet to get Scooby snack multiball or mystery machine multi ball. I’m a decent player. How do I test these two mutliballs with the glass off to make sure I’m not having any switch/opto issues?

1 month later
#7056 8 months ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I plan to offer something for the pin that I have been working on but I need to dial it in and ensure that it is some what 'turnkey' so that is accessible to all owners. I have finished mine, as that was the original intention but I thought that others might like what I have done. I'm having a bit of a challenge with knowing that there are some differences in fitment, even if slight differences between machines. Unfortunately I am working within a few mm and there is a difference. This one 'mod' is not rocket science type stuff but not everyone wants to create something and would just rather buy outright. We'll see if I can bring this further and make it avilable for sale.
Back to the key tag. As a reference to what I consider 'quality', that I would attach my name to, here is something that I made for ACNC 4 years ago now.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acnc-tower-of-torture
Original hand sculpt, then reverse mould(mold), then made resin casts and hand painted them. Made about 15 in total, over time. Gave one to 'Spooky' and discounted one for a podcaster. Some ANCN owners liked them and bought and some bitched that I was asking too much or that it didn't do anything like light up. I'm in Canada and I sold them for $120USD, including shipping to most of the US and some overseas destinations. One of our own members here, offers a painting service on someone else's mod at $75+. That's great that it is a service offered and people willing to pay for the service. I obviously had something that had a small interest group but I did it for myself, to see if I could pull it all off and then decided to offer it up, knowing that I couldn't ask too much but for that effort and price, I just haven't had the drive to go to that extent again.
I still however laugh when I see a simple 3D print that looks like crap and is being offered for sale. The joke is on me though, if people are buying good for the sellers!

That tower is sick man. I hope to see you bring something to market for this game. Based on this mod I’d likely be interested.

3 weeks later
#7449 7 months ago

If you’re struggling to hit the outer loops like I was I recommend adjusting your flipper angles slightly down to make all of the shots more attainable. It was nearly impossible starting character modes and extremely difficult hitting outer lanes. I tweaked a little and absolutely blew up the game unmasking two villains, beating a third, and playing through two character modes on one ball. I knew I wasn’t that bad at pinball but I legitimately had only started a character mode a single time prior to adjusting.

#7451 7 months ago

I tried to adjust it so the holes drilled near to tip of the flippers on my playfield were just barely visible from the top view shown. When I’m standing over the game playing I can’t see them.

IMG_4930 (resized).jpegIMG_4930 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#7626 7 months ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

Looking like I'm still on track to get mine around November based on payments being confirmed so far. Not going to lie, I'm nervous about this purchase. First NIB, just got into pinball last November. My biggest concern after watching so many videos (Including Bug on Twitch) is that this game seems like it requires a lot of skill shots in most of the modes and that we'll find it too difficult to be fun. Thoughts on difficulty from the self aware medicore players?
Regardless, still my favorite pinball artwork from the cabinet to the playfield.

I’m mediocre and just play on easy setting with the outlanes in the smallest position. I had to adjust the flipped angles slightly to make it easier to hit outer loops and drop targets. It’s pretty easy to keep the ball alive now.

1 week later
#7767 6 months ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

Finally got to play Scooby-Doo on location. Was quite a bit of fun. I do have to ask with no previous experience with Spooky pins, do they always feel so "clunky"?
Other than that, game was quite a bit of fun. Love the art. See the appeal as a fan of the original show.

If it’s clunky play around with the pitch a bit. This game shoots pretty smooth with no big ramps that reject.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Concord, NC
$ 14.95
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bkpitmaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all?tu=bkpitmaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.