(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,660 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 minutes ago by Yoko2una
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6192 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #224 Tracker sheet Posted by La4s (1 year ago)

Post #600 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (RnM) Posted by manadams (1 year ago)

Post #601 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (Ultraman) Posted by RussMyers (1 year ago)

Post #1021 IE Pinball streaming an early production Scooby. Posted by Morgoth00 (1 year ago)

Post #1671 Topper height measured. Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #1678 Overall height of game with topper. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Post #1792 Mystery machine scoop rejects - flipper power fix Posted by Sethman (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Backbox width measured. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnaman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#382 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

I also just wanted to mention that we've partnered with Project Pinball to run a raffle for charity, which you can enter to win a Scooby CE!!
Details here:
https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/scooby-doo-collectors-edition-spookypinball-10-year-anniversary/Campaign/Details
(I believe it goes live Friday, 10:00am EST)

I've received confirmation that this is open to US and Canada.

"Hi Darrell,

Yes, starting tomorrow at 10 AM EST anyone from the U.S or Canada are eligible to win the Scooby Doo Collectors Edition!

Best of luck and thank you so much for supporting our charity!

Best wishes,

Sierra &
The Project Pinball Team "

#494 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd rather see them dial back the coil heat over time, actually. It's excessive on Spooky. For a lot of Stern Spike coil cooling is optional because they were smart in designing Spike2 so there is almost no heat accumulation in hold. Not so Spooky. If you play them for long sessions, you're getting excessive temps and fade, and if you're a trap player you're getting it fast.

I'm a trap player and both my Alice and Halloween have fade issues, I have been playing HW and it is very noticeable. My GB (Spike1) has serious fade. Makes the game unplayable after a while IMO.

#637 1 year ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

…same issue with the drop target on the upper PF of ACNC. Happens very often. Always a scary moment.
Coding solution would be highly appreciated.

Or possibly add a tapered top ^ to the drop target. Lower the target to accommodate and the taper could redirect the ball instead of throwing it up to the glass. That would have to be tested to see if it would still do something similar of course but might help.

#712 1 year ago

SDCE [no butter] #145, final invoice sent this past Saturday (Nitro)

#745 1 year ago
Quoted from randomlogin:

dnaman oooo wow, I'm #159 so I shouldn't be far behind. Woot, getting excited. I better get busy making space!

I hear you, I need to make room as well. This is the first time that I might have to fold a game up. Time to let one go maybe?

#746 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I don't think most will struggle with knowing what to hit, at least for the basic stuff. There are some layers of complexity, but everything has a callout, plus there is on screen text that will always display your main objective. If all else fails just shoot the flashing shot(s). We use three speeds, plus some special lightshows; but the faster it's flashing the more important that shot. Also for the most part in base gameplay every shot in the game is doing something: drop targets are spawning Scooby Snacks, standups are qualifying your ball save drop target, orbit shots are leveling up members of Mystery Inc., bashing Captain Cutler is qualifying Captain Cutler Multiball, spinners are qualifying Mystery Machine Multiball, etc.
Qualifying the first mode is 1-shot in easy, 2-shots in medium, and 3-shots in Zoinks. The number of hits does increase +1 for each mode you've previously completed, with a hard max of six shots to qualify any mode. I may look to change that to +1 per mode completed per ball at some point in the future; at least for the easy mode. Once you're in a mode there is always text during the introduction, plus a callout as the ball is ejected from the mystery machine. Once again, it's also going to be whatever is flashing the fastest. Mode progress is always accompanied by a lightshow, video clip, and on screen text. The number of clues does vary by mode, but once you complete the number listed as X / Y in the magnifying glass; you're on to your trap and unmasking shots.

Thank you for sharing and continuing to respond, and participate in the club thread. This overview was very helpful and your input and feedback is appreciated. It's relatively recent that the public has had such open access to communicating with a products development team. This is not lost on me but I think that many take it for granted.

And for some of the others yes we get it, "I've wanted to love the game but absolutely hate it. It's dog shit, no it's worse than dogshit!". It worked, some have decided to bail, good for you. Not sure what you are sticking around for unless it is to try to win/flip over more people but can you exit stage left and let everyone else look forward to their game and being part of the evolution of it? This is a great time for pinball, go find something to enjoy.

#1023 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I would be happy to take an early number and help with QC if someone want to trade back to #211. Happy to take one for the team.

Who is your distributor?

#1029 1 year ago

Ah Okay. I'm Nitro. I'm struggling to find space. May need to fold up my first game if SD is ready to ship too soon.

#1088 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Well figured out the issue with my green habitrail. It’s not the weld spot. I went to disassemble it and I found the issue. I will have to still swap out the habitrail. I will message Bug, Luke, and AJ

Good to see that you've found the root cause. Of course you have a lot going on right now so the timing and frustration is completely understandable.
When I have pin issues, I delve in to try to understand root cause, is it mechanical, electrical etc. I'm just a home hobbyist but currently have 25 pins. In this case I would have tried to remove the habitrail to inspect it, and as you've discovered, the ball would have released once you removed the bottom lock nut. We can certainly agree that there is no way that play tested accurately in final testing.

When I got my ACNC NIB in, that too was an early build, #48 (maybe) and the autolaunch was a mess, never shooting the ball out and around the orbit smoothly, it woudl just rattle up the shooter lane and drop into the orbit. This is a key part of the game. I removed the apron and noticed right away that the autofire coil bracket wasn't mounted flat to the playfield. There was a t-nut in the playfield, below the coil bracket that wasn't flush with the playfield, so the autolaunch bracket was noticeably crooked. It took me some time but I removed the coil and bracket and trimmed out the PF for the t-nut, reassembled and adjusted, better but still with issues. The ball was hitting the overhead shooterlane tunnel sculpt. I had to dremel back the inside of the sculpt to dial it in. Smooth autolaunch ever since. I shared this in the club thread as well, not with malicious intent but to just have others aware. That's a catch 22 I suppose as it can be seen both ways but whatever. I don't know who would have done all that VS maybe ending up with a PF swap as that might not have been figured out over the phone with tech support. I would not have been able to do this if I was going through what you are currently going through with your daughter. Would a later build# not have some of these issues, not likely but here we are. Hopefully you can get that new habitrail in without a lot of grief and get to playing.

#1372 1 year ago

Okay, so... what is the word on the street, or in home, now about SD? I've missed pages of posts since late in the week.

Not sure if it has been asked but will be have an option to silence the main music/audio loop? It's too short a loop for me and just seems to drone on. I simply can't unhear it when watching a couple of these videos now. I'd love t be able to turn that one track off completely.

#1614 1 year ago

Just checking in to see if there is any new, news about gameplay. New pins are landing, any feedback to be shared regarding gameplay?

#1722 1 year ago

On Feb 26th I received my 'balance of payment notice' for my SDCE #145 (no butter). It took me just over a week to eTransfer the total in batch limits and was paid in full yesterday so we'll see when I get the tracking number. I am not in any rush however but will post the progress. Great times to be in pinball but certainly would support a drop in pricing. This SDCE will be somewhere just over $16K CDN when all is said and done and that is at $10KUSD. Not too unlike my HWCE. The Godfather pricing blew my mind at $13 & $15K USD, not even worth the conversion and tax calculation... I'm outie on with anything NIB at this point. Anywho... back to all things Scooby.

#1778 1 year ago

This non-beveled upper PF edge is concerning to me, for wear and dropping down onto the habitrail. Looks ideal for a 3D printed transition plastic.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1822 1 year ago
Quoted from Ckcoinop:

An update on the issue with the mystery machine VUK problem.
I found a dense foam pad laying around and cut it (close) to size and attached it to the back of the plate. Once everything was back together I played a few games and was still having the issue, just a little less often. I had a Pinsider reach out to me and suggest turning down the left flipper power to 88%. Once that adjustment was made I have played a ton of games without the issue happening again. Not sure if just adjusting the flipper power would've fixed it but I'm just going to leave the pad back there either way.
[quoted image]

What is the pitch of your game? It is suggested to be at 7 degrees, this might explain the increased power setting for the flippers.

#1949 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

And is that a missing rivet from the ramp flap?
[quoted image]

That looks like the rivet itself. Shiny, low profile?

#2182 1 year ago
Quoted from jetspeedb:

Scooby is all setup and playing quick over here. Shots are tighter than I anticipated.

Do you own an ACNC? That has some tight shots. It shipped with slim post rubbers but after the original far right post rubber wore, I replaced the post rubbers with the standard thickness ones, which I had handy. It made it more difficult but I left those on. I will return to slim at some point.

#2269 1 year ago
Quoted from VoodooPin:

I don't know if it's a combination of lighting and butter, but man those colors on that cabinet POP!!
I am seriously considering the butter upgrade. I plan on putting mine where everyone can walk around the entire machine.

If this is going to be a showpiece pin for you, definitely order with butter. Our ACNC and HWCE are both butter but the increase for me just made it a non-starter. That's now $2K CDN.

#2668 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:Deleted post

A two player game, with multiball.

#2755 1 year ago

No ETA on build completion or on delivery for my SDCE #145 (sans beurre). I assume that we are close.

Just an FYI for those curious on timing; Feb 26, payment request as 'pin is online'. Paid in full by the next week.

#2759 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I would think yours would be shipping any day now based on what I have read in this thread. They may have gotten a tad behind due the big show this weekend but who knows.
Looks like based on videos I have seen they have 6 CEs at the show and all of them are marked sold including a butter cab.

Yeah, it's coming and not even in a rush. I have to fold up my Virtual Pin to make room

#2762 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I believe 145 is a distributor block number so you would have to reach out to them for an update! Unless it's a direct print I would assume the game is probably completed.

Yes, mine and a friend's is through Nitro. I will check. Thank you!

#2763 1 year ago
Quoted from MrVern:

The photos I see of TPF show a bunch of SOLD signs on the Scooby lineup already, early photos also look like they are getting a LOT of attention! I am an aspiring member but it will be mine... oh yes.
[quoted image]

SDCE is a gorgeous pin and will be a great/timeless title for many. I don't pay much attention to the haters.

#2844 1 year ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

One thing I noticed. . . .since I got Scooby, I noticed the apron sat kind of low, there was a big visible gap to the glass and you could see in there. While I understand that there are mechs that need to be accounted for, I still think parts of the apron could be lower while bringing other parts higher. I compare to R&M and H78, and it's a big difference, but I wrote it off untill I saw the backalley apron creation. At first, I thought it was great, and solved the problem. But after some thought, I began to wonder if this was the plan all along. I think back to stranger things and the UV mod which was designed to be part of the original game, but was released as a add-on , and came off as a "nickel and dime charge to me". I wonder if this was already planned as an automatic mod that that was designed into the game considering backalley's involvement with the design. I understand different approaches at marketing, etc, so I could see how this could be a thing. I still think the game is great, and have few issues (all of which were addressed by great customer service. Just wondering if I am reading too much into it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It could be either, as you or the others say but it likely isn't coincidental that BAC had a 'mod' of this significance in the works. That said it looks great and to be honest, with all of the creative tools at our disposal, I see it as as an opportunity for me or others to do something on our own. Some people are always looking for extra space under the glass to add something.

#2891 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Hi Luke asking again, will the added protectors for the stuck balls be available to us that have games already shipped?

If this is really a requirement for the pin, such that they will be including them in current production runs then I would expect the answer to be yes. They sent out new rails and lockdown bars for HWCE due to the wearing of the powder coat. That wsa a very unfortunate and costly issue, that they addressed head on.

#2897 1 year ago

#145 (through Nitro - no butter) has landed! The production date shows 03/22/2023 - brand spankin'

There is some minor damage to the box due to what looks like a strap to secure it at some point and the skirt is bent out on the bottom box but nothing appeared to be concerning. The delivery fellow said that he placed it onto a larger pallet to allow for his dolly/truck to curb side it. The two TIP N TELL shows that it remained upright all the way here.

Unfortunately I didn't get a heads up on the delivery so I was fortunate to have checked the tracking# this moring. I won't have time to get in in and setup for awhile yet but the gang is home at last.

#2899 1 year ago

Still not setup but a small sneak peek and it's gorgeous! The metallic green is better than expected and hard to describe. First Spooky pin without butter and it looks great. Perfect seams on those decals. Amazing work Team Spooky!

20230328_180833 (resized).jpg20230328_180833 (resized).jpg20230328_181545 (resized).jpg20230328_181545 (resized).jpg20230328_181755 (resized).jpg20230328_181755 (resized).jpg20230328_181811 (resized).jpg20230328_181811 (resized).jpg
#2902 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Tease!
I really love the art on this game.
Guess that's why I officially joined the club today ... #517 is under my name now thanks to another pinsider.

Welcome to the club! Please to hear that you took the plunge.

I have been a day 1 order with a low s/n, through Nitro. I have been here reading the good and the bad, it is interesting just how polarized people are. This will never change and I accept that. I already own Alice and Halloween (both in gorgeous butter cabs) and love them and how unique they are. If I listened to a quarter of the negative press out here, I would never have bought. I'm glad that I have a mind of my own.

Spooky continues to shine and have taken care of me along the way with any issues.

#3014 1 year ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

I love that Spooky takes the time to do it right. It drives me nuts that Stern doesn't take their decals to the edge anymore. May make it easier to replace, but it just looks like the sticker it is. Love this, congrats!

So true. SPOOKY could easily cut back on the decals, pun intended, but they don't and it looks so much nicer.

To turn on topper, start, action, and launch button leds push the button on the this board in the backbox. Code update in the future will fix this.
[quoted image]

Finally got Scooby setup tonight and had a chance to get a handful of games in!

My topper, speaker lights, flipper button lights were out and pressing the button didn’t fix it. I just unplugged the black usb cable from the mini PC and plugged it back-lit and everything lit up. This was helpful though because it is this board that I went straight to, having read this post. Surprisingly these tips are not in a key post. I did see some for topper height.
Thanks.

#3026 1 year ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Shaker works in mine...

Odd question but does it make a rattle sound? I have to look at mine tonight as I'm not sure if the 'sound' when the shaker is on is expected.

#3027 1 year ago

My only immediate gripe is the short repetitive music each time you start a ball. For the love of all things HOLY, please have an option to turn that one music sample off in the menu. It is also the same piece that is played during the faster paced Space Kook mode. I can work with the mode one but I would rather just hear the sound effects for the main part of the game, when starting off. Not even asking to change the music, just an option to turn it off.

#3081 1 year ago

After getting it setup on Thursday night, I experienced a ball trap in the first game. I literally just left the ball in there and added another to the game. This has worked and I will wait until Spooky has their other plastics available to remedy these. Just an FYI in case others experience it and wonder how to prevent it for now.

#3083 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Is this happening due to an airball or popping out of the habitrail?

EDIT: this was due to the ball coming down the upper habitrail and popped out, onto the plastic there.

#3086 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Is Spooky making some sort of additional plastic to go there or something. Hadn't read about that.

Yes, I believe that it was said after the Texas show.

#3334 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Questions for SPOOKY guys
1 Why is the new code not out yet? What is taking so long?
2 will you be fixing the timing in the code for the mystery machine so it doesn’t take an ETERNITY for the ball to return?

Both of these answers are already in here, mentioned numerous times and possibly on the Spooky FB fan group.

1. New code was said to be available as early as this week. What was the timeline that you were expecting?
2. Yes, it should be as it has been mentioned a few times along with other actual issues; e.g., high pitch flipper sound

#3362 1 year ago

Who knows what the screen resolution is on the display?

Added 12 months ago:

Update for those interested; 1366x768 60Hz

#3431 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Yes I have made a couple new ball trap protectors if anyone is interested just shoot an email to [email protected]

Can you share pics of where the trap areas are and what they look like installed please?
I likey have the purple miner habitrail fixed by moving the rail over to the left as suggested in the thread but every ball drop from the left orange scooby habitrail, into the apron lock just bounces over the lock area and into the drain.

20230408_173605 (resized).jpg20230408_173605 (resized).jpg
#3444 1 year ago
Quoted from The_1up:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you, I had no idea that there were so many potential trap spots! How many are these caused by fly balls?

I had seen the scooby barrel one right away myself along with the one that I shared a pic of, the ball jumping out of the right apron ball lock after coming down the orange habitrail.

#3534 1 year ago
Quoted from dtmail209:

Did the new code come out last week?

No. Excitedly awaiting for the post though...

#3558 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Yes but the question is will they work with the sculpted apron that Back Alley is releasing as some are getting that mod as well.

Not sure if my idea will come to fruition, but if it does I would need to have the depth and space available on the existing apron. It would not be compatible with BAC's stone apron cover. I have only made one mod which I sold in the past anyway so I don't really have to worry about potential sales opportunities.

#3747 1 year ago

Just emailed DJ.

Nothing game impacting but I have noticed twice that when playing Shaggy and, in the Space Kook mode, one of the "shoot the lock" type call outs has Shaggy's voice but Fred's video of him saying it.

#3830 1 year ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Hey BallyKISS1978 in that last picture i noticed why you had trouble placing "Shannon" and the others. The clips should be outside the wireform rails not inside. This way they sit lower and you can slide them down the rail further.

Quoted from Jigz:

Interesting, I will have to take a look at that as well! I just followed how the miner and scooby were on there on my machine. I definitely had a hard time positioning them all and getting clearance for the glass.

I have to admit, when I tried to move Scooby and the Miner down the habitrail, I did the same thing. They were both on the inside 'pressing outward' so in popping them out and relocating them further down, on the inside, it caused a ball trap. I will try to place the on the outside of the rails. Hopefully that is as simple as it is. Thanks for sharing.

#3896 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Can you share pics of where the trap areas are and what they look like installed please?
I likey have the purple miner habitrail fixed by moving the rail over to the left as suggested in the thread but every ball drop from the left orange scooby habitrail, into the apron lock just bounces over the lock area and into the drain.
[quoted image]

I wanted to provide an update on my issue with the right side apron lock area. The small stainless steel arm was angled downward so the ball coming down through the habitrail would jump over it instead of hitting this and sitting in the trough. I carefully bent that back up to the middle, to match the one on the left as seen in my last pic. Problem solved.

20230412_204123 (resized).jpg20230412_204123 (resized).jpg20230412_204511 (resized).jpg20230412_204511 (resized).jpg
#3897 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Yeah I am #517 and it’s my wife’s dream theme and cannot wait to get it. At this point I am not feeling warm and fuzzy about getting a fully working game without having to rebuild everything. I don’t want to feel or be like others thinking I have a 10k brick of art sitting in my game room. Very sorry to say any of this as we so badly want the game but every time I see new posts in this thread I know it’s going to be nothing but issues being posted.
Still hoping for the best, fingers crossed.

You are going to see the 'problem/issues' posted for some time, just part of the deal and they are going to outnumber the 'this is a fun and fantastic pin'.
I am not a great player and I don't play everyday so I won't be posting a lot about gameplay achievements, or sharing alot about cool gameplay enhancement ideas. I have posted a few of my issues and try to update with my fixes but I am always reading to see what others are experiencing to be more aware of the fixes or adjustments to resolve, in case I experience something similar.

I have Alice Cooper and Halloween and I have had some things that needed attention or tweaking. I still have those because I enjoy them and purchased Scooby. Only you can decide if you want to stay in and become an owner. Good luck in your decision making process.

#4106 1 year ago
Quoted from GhostKingG21:

what problems are you having with Elvira? I just got mine. only thing Im having issues with is the crypt vuk.

Our EHOH is from 2019 and I have never been able to resolve the sweking of the 4 gargoyle targets. I've tried to screw them down as tight as possible yet after a few ball hits, they will twist to the left or right and then switch hits lessen. Oddly, I have only ever see a couple of complaints about this, it is like the issue simply doesn't exist for anyone else.

#4119 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Use blue locktite when you tighten them back down.

I will try that this weekend. I seem to recall the the screw on top, stays tight but the stainless bracket still skews. I will check though, thanks

#4120 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

I printed a post this morning and tested fit on another game. Not sure how it will stand but against hard hits, or if it will rotator left or right when being impacted from the an angle (depending on how tight the original most is tightened down). I would recommend keeping the original rubber installed to give a little more stability from direct impacts. From center to center, it moves the post forward about 11/32.
Would anyone be willing to try the post and give some basic feedback?[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like that could help!

I've added two larger rubbers below and even this is better than not having it but you look to have a solution.

20230420_185543 (resized).jpg20230420_185543 (resized).jpg20230420_185619 (resized).jpg20230420_185619 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#4571 11 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Hey spooky! Two suggestions after some extensive playing. A short (or adjustable in the sertings) ball save would be nice when starting a mystery mode. Similar to a ball save when starting multiball. Starting a mode, then draining 3 seconds later sucks and takes the fun out of it just a bit. Second suggestion is probably in the works already, but some end of game sequence or music would be nice. Currently, as I'm sure you know, the game just ends with zero finale. Anyway, great game so far! I feel like this is your best offering to date. Keep the updates coming, full throttle!!

Another suggestion is to pause the timers when the ball is trapped inside the Mystery Machine, waiting to kick it out. Unless that is the point and the player is expected to avoid shooting the MM.

#4628 11 months ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Yep! the action button does have planned features that would probably interfere with the mode lock, but I'll see if there's some way to overlap those functions when we get there. The launch button does seem to be the traditional way to lock in a mode though (see tales from the crypt, and last action hero (if my memory is correct)).

Sega Batman Forever uses the launch button (gun trigger) to lock the modes as well. Let's keep the 'standard'

#4686 11 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Just venting, but I'm ready to sell this damn thing due to left outlane drains because of the drop targets. Serious design issue. And for Gods sake, stop it with "shoot the mystery machine" already!

Yes, there are way too many 'shoot the mystery machine' call outs which are just back to back and the switch/opto timing of sensing the ball in the MM doesn't seem to help. There is often the same call out just after you land a ball in the MM.

1 week later
#4934 11 months ago
Quoted from ddrpriest:

I was able to figure out our problem. Well...it was one of these three things.
First, the bracket for the service buttons was pressing against this wiring. I don't think it was shorting here, but I bent it out of the way to allow the wires room. If you look closely you can see the area that was already starting to wear.
[quoted image]
Second spot was at the hardware for the drop target between the flippers. Solder points were super close to the metal plate. Threw some electrical tape to isolate the metal from it.

I discovered this a while back (March 31 it seems) but might not have shared it. I wasn't having any issues here but I immediately noticed the pinched wires due to site service button bracket being secured over the wires. I removed the bracket and moved the wires to the right, out of the way. For the few minutes that it takes, I'd advise to do the same, if you have the same as I did.

pasted_image1 (resized).pngpasted_image1 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).pngpasted_image3 (resized).pngpasted_image3 (resized).pngpasted_image4 (resized).pngpasted_image4 (resized).png
#4978 11 months ago
Quoted from Deafcon:

#260 arrived today. Unfortunately the lower flippers and slings are DOA.
I found some wiring issues also, by the start button and right flipper there were wires melted onto neighboring solder points.

I am not a fan of this approach. This is likely to ensure a connection and I do get that spade connectors might have unseen crimp issues but these parts can also only take so much heat. This also makes it difficult and more work to replace a part, in this case a simple cherry switch.

1 week later
#5290 11 months ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

I wasn't expecting a wide body l (it is a wide body isn't it?) and for being wide it still plays pretty fast.

Yes, while technically a wide body, the main playfield is more of a standard width of actual play area. The far right is where the bravery meter is etc. There is some past discussion about this in the group but also from Spooky themselves in a video or two.

#5318 11 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm doing SIX on my game! Should I do more?

I would love it if I could select my HS initials in a single shot. This might be more of a home collection thing but maybe have the action button cycle through the names in the HS list and then START to select/enter it.

1 week later
#5442 10 months ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Mine had metal dust on the playfield all around the mystery machine mech. More built up after I cleaned it up the first time.

I'm not sure what is inside the mystery machine ball capture area but if it is a fine metal dust then it sounds like something is wearing. There are also horizontal metal ball guides used in the pin that have sharp edges so I think that is going to have some chipping on the balls or on these guides.

#5465 10 months ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I just got my light board this week and I'm 224. So, I'd guess you'll get it soon. I didn't get any tracking or anything, it just showed up in the mail.

My buddy and I have 140's and no new light board yet. Wonder if it ships to Nitro first. I will have to ask.

#5482 10 months ago

Maybe an additional option for the Cutler MB music is 'random'.

#5485 10 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Anyone getting van rejects after updating? I had multiple and have never had a reject before

Not new for me but the left flipper shots into the mystery van almost always reject (never hit the hole). The hole is more to the left side of the MM lane though, with more playfield space to the right of the hole, so maybe that is why.

1 week later
#5736 10 months ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

I just got a tracking number for my led board from nitro.

Me too. My pin is in the 140's (serial#) and just getting the new LED board shipping notice as they are shipping through the distribution channel. At least in this case, I can't speak for all. It will arrive and be glorious.

1 week later
#5924 10 months ago

Were others having issues with the VUK coil strength following the last update? I've tried to look back in the thread and in the key posts but don't find anything. My left VUK is already set at 100% yet the first time I went into the scoop, it took about 5 tries to kick it out. I do see a few soft launch attempts with the ball launch as well. Just curious on this. Thanks.

#5976 10 months ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Spooky team, would you ever consider pausing timer on timed modes while ball is in the mystery machine? Nothing worse than losing precious seconds while the ball isn’t in play. Thumbs up if you agree.

yes, PITA.

#5997 10 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I don’t see this at 7. At 7 I do have issues with the ball bouncing out of the right apron lock when I backhand the shot from the upper. It is going so fast it either falls out or hops over the lock and flippers and drains. Pretty enraging. Going to add some felt to dampen it.

I think that I've shared a picture of two on this. Look at the stainless steel arm on the opposite side of the scultped wing and it might need to be bent upwards. it will prevent the ball from bouncing out of the apron lock area when coming down the habitrail fast.

#6043 10 months ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Can not wait for #902 to ship, This game keeps getting better!
Not sure if it was ever asked but any plans for a co-op mode?

I recall seeing co-op in the software somewhere, possibly in the audits. I assume that it's coming.

#6104 10 months ago
Quoted from MT45:

Exactly what I did. Time consuming but easily done with a hacksaw
Remove light board
Remove post and cut to “just long enough” (see pics)
Reinstall newly cut post into the “easy” position
Add sticky dot (or electrical tape) where newly cut post contacts light board
Add some clear (or metal if you don’t have clear) washers to the middle mounting points of the light board
CAUTION: use a longer screw to attach the middle of the light board CAUTION … make certain you measure screw length carefully so you don’t drive a screw through the top of your playfield!
Done

Just to add to this; with the locknut you don't need the washer. Maybe unless the post sits lossely in the playfield hole(?). That will give you that little bit extra to lower the nut to the playfield, likely removing the need for the sticky dots, but that is a great idea anyway, just in case.

My suggestion for 'cutting' the post bolt on the thread requires a grinder (even a dremel with a grinding disc) or standing grinder wheel.
- Remove the light board and put the post in the upper position, thread the lock nut on, without the washer and then mark the thread at the topside of the nut. Remove the nut and post, then place the locknut back on the loose post (in hand) and then cut/grind the rest of the post thread off to make it flush with the top of the lock nut. If you have touched the top of the nut, file it down to enaure that there are no sharp edges. Just in case you have some post/thread above the nut, loosen/tighten the nut up/down a few times before removing the locknut, this will rethread the post threads at the cut and ensure that you can get the nut back on after removing it. If this process has affected the small plastic lock washer, use some blue loctite when putting the nut back on. It sounds like more work than it really is but this works every time for me.

I will take some pictures when I do mine.

UPDATE: my SDCE is # 145 and I didn't have a washer on the underside of the playfield. I decide to go give this all a try after breakfast and did exactly what I described above. Even with the washer missing AND grinding down the post bolt thread flush with the supplied lock nut, it really is still is too high for the lightboard IMO. The thickness of the nut is too much. If i keep it this way, i should use longer wood screws for the lightboard (being mindful of the playfield thickness and not poking through the topside). I put electrical tape to cover the nut but, I think that the better approach would be using a t-nut for the post and then grinding down as i have described (use the nut the grind down the post as the nut won't spin on the post but the t-nut will. The t-nut approach will keep the lightboard closer to the playfield.

Here are some pics, hope that they help in some way.
20230630_063352 (resized).jpg20230630_063352 (resized).jpg20230630_064136 (resized).jpg20230630_064136 (resized).jpg20230630_065311 (resized).jpg20230630_065311 (resized).jpg20230630_065650 (resized).jpg20230630_065650 (resized).jpg20230630_070044 (resized).jpg20230630_070044 (resized).jpg20230630_071129 (resized).jpg20230630_071129 (resized).jpg20230630_073422 (resized).jpg20230630_073422 (resized).jpg

#6108 10 months ago
Quoted from MT45:

Forgot about that “trick of the trade”. Great advice!

I picked it up from an older tradesman. Always helpful!

That said, I have updated my post. I would now use a lower profile nut or go straight to a t-nut, after seeing the tight space here, just like Spooky used on the post to the right of the one that we are all discussing. The grinding above the threaded post would still be helpful for both methods to ensure that the thread is clean.

#6109 10 months ago

On an unrelated note, when you have the playfield up, check the tightness of the wiring. I found a few cables that were far too tight for my liking. Cut some of the zip ties off and let there be slack. Many of these cables are short enough that they won't go anywhere, or if you feel the need tie a loose zip tie to prevent dangling but still allow for slack.

I do love that 'off the shelf' ethernet cabling is heavily used. I can't say that enough!
20230630_064251 (resized).jpg20230630_064251 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#6280 9 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Wires still soldered on the leaf switch on your right flipper button that controls that upper right flipper as well? It could also be possible that Q18 went kaboom on your Warden board. If you have a multimeter you can test that as well with your meter on resistance. If the mosfet reads OL or very high resistance (millions of ohms), it is good. If you see a low resistance like 100ohms, then it has went bad. Here is an example of how to test one sent to me by AJ:[quoted image]

Is there a reason why mosfets can't be socketed? That seems that it would be so helpful for many of us.

#6285 9 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Sockets are not good for high current devices, you want the best possible electrical connection. Pop

Well , that would be the reason way then. Thanks.

#6317 9 months ago

Found a neat Shaggy and Scooby figure on the weekend. I pictured something just like this after seeing the legs. That is how they are, I've just tied them to the habitrail at the ring.

20230711_214007 (resized).jpg20230711_214007 (resized).jpg
#6323 9 months ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Great find. Where did you get it? Any info on the package to search for?

I had no idea but found it online and the other guys are accurate in the cake topper. The bow legged shaggy is rubber but stiff enough. I thought that it was prefect over a habitrail. Good luck in the search, this one was just a single in a pile of figures at a local shop.

https://www.google.com/search?client=ms-android-bell-ca-revc&ctxs=2&sxsrf=AB5stBhPUcA3wLcgqsK26vclOSkMIHe3zA:1689130057901&q=Scooby+Doo+%26+Shaggy+Rogers+Bakery+Craft+Hanna+Barbera+Figurines+Group&spell=1&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=2ahUKEwih7dHok4iAAxXAhIkEHUH_Dp8QBSgAegQIExAB&biw=360&bih=594&dpr=3

#6404 9 months ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Can’t believe I paid 30.00 dollars for the game just to get the Scooby figure but when you put it into pinball mod pricing it’s was a bargain!

I agree, I always think in terms of what it would cost if it were sold as a 'mod'. I picked up two figures from a vendor at one of the 'antique/collector' places and they were each priced at $7.75. Always odd pricing, on these used items but I figured that they were easily worth it and I knew immediately where this one would go.

#6427 9 months ago
Quoted from VictoryPointePGH:

I haven't gotten that far, but Spooky suggested pulling light boards one at a time to see what happens. Pulling any of the three closest to the coin door caused the whole playfield to go dark except this quadrant which is now orange?
[quoted image]

There is a lot of talk about reseating cables etc., are you doing this with the pin on? What did Spooky suggest, doing that live or with the pin off. Doing it live could cause many other issues, if the platform/system isn't made to do that. I am only asking the question to clarify it for myself in this case.

#6431 9 months ago
Quoted from Danzig:

From my experience, it can be brand and era specific with different things to be aware of, but ALWAYS power off Spooky titles before working on them. It can take a little longer with the long boot up time, but it’s not worth the risk of doing far more damage on Spooky pins.

Good to hear. It's great advice for the members/owners, thanks.

#6460 9 months ago
Quoted from ktrain315:

I don’t know if we are talking about the same thing. ‘Ghouls on Parade’ was the main theme that repeated over and over and has been replaced by new music for ball 1, 2, and 3. Is this song still in the game? I thought cutler mb you could choose that monster song or surfn scoob.

I have not heard it being played since the upgrade. I don't mind if they add it somewhere but I really dig the new music and the varying style and tempos etc.

1 week later
#6556 9 months ago
Quoted from chriscable34:

Do you have the the skill shot set to shooter lanes? If you have it set to the drops or the standups and hit the lane it won't count as a skill shot.

Quoted from bobukcat:

I didn't realize that was an option, I'll check it out, thanks!

I hadn't realized this either and found the same, I would sometimes shoot a character lane on launch and not be awarded the character. I will be aware of this , next time. Thanks!

#6557 9 months ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I was playing the other night, and heard something fall into the cabinet. I popped open the door, and saw a very long 6-32 machine screw in the bottom of the cabinet. I didn't see anywhere it could have gone, so I finished my game. I lifted the playfield, and still couldn't find a mechanism or joint that was deep enough for the screw, and almost chalked it up to something being left behind from production that just fell out. As I grabbed the the PF rails, I saw it. A screw was missing there, and the blind nut that it was supposed to be installed in was popped out. Since I didn't think it was necessary to disassemble the apron just to install a blind fastener in an area with a ton of clearance, I put a nylock nut in it's place. The unused blind nut gave me an idea for the left outlane

Yes, a simple t-nut (blind nut as you've said), is the solution here and repurposing one like that is a good idea as it is already available on the playfield. As long as it is the same thread. I have a very similar post describing this as well, with a few pictures but highly recommend using the lock nut to set the length and then grind down the thread so that you can re-thread the post when working the nut back and forth on the way off.

#6633 9 months ago

I've just installed the latest update with the Daphne mode.

There seem to be at least two bugs relating to tracking balls. Not sure if it is worth noting that all games are being played as Daphne but the first game was fine, second game a new ball was just kicked into play but when I drained the ball was over and drained the extra ball. UPATE: I now know that the second ball put into play is triggered by hitting one of the SD stand up targets. Kust not sure why/when but it isn't an expectes ball as when one drains the play is over. Oddly, if my remaining ball hits a lnother target before the flippers are tyrned off (end of ball/play), it is treated as a the next ball.

On the third game, the ball went into the mystery machine, as the first into MM and it's as though it didn't register. I tried to wait it out but not even the ball search by it's second search kicked it out. I went into setup and back out and the ball was kicked out. I have never had an issue with the MM to date.

Update:

Still getting many of the random MM ball issues where the ball is not registered (I guess), and the game sits and eventually starts the ball search, not attempting to kick out a ball from MM, until I end the game by going into setup and back out.

Started the Daphne mode and unfortunately landed a ball into the MM during the mode and it just held without kicking the ball out. Ball search took a long time to start but as above, but the top of the MM ball coil must not be in the search as it wouldn't release anything. This time I decided to wait even longer and I would say that maybe after 4 minutes a ball was kicked into play from the trough, by the ball search I suppose. I could then resume Daphne but this is definitely all related to the new update. Hopefully easily patched.

The Daphne mode is fun as well. The code is really evolving, SD is a blast to play.

#6635 9 months ago
Quoted from VoodooPin:

Is this game easy or hard for you? I have mine setup exactly the way it left the factory and I find this game a bit difficult. "We have about 800 games on it and everyone in my family still has issue hitting the "Get to the Mystery Machine" shot to start the case.
I start the game by trying to start the Captain Cutler multiple ball since it is really one of the few ways to really score. I find it very frustrating to work through the process to start the cutler multiple ball, only to to drain to the left on the "Rut Roh" lanes 1 shot after it leaves the upper playfield. This leaves me with a 45K first ball score and very deflated on finishing the other 2 balls.
I am very well aware that we might just be terrible at pinball, but this one seems a bit to feast or famine on scoring.
This is not a rant and we love the game, just trying to find out of anyone else has the same issues as me.

I find that the two most difficult shots on the main playfield are the two outside mini loop shots (Daphne shot on the left side, and Velma on the roght side). The middle spinner shots and inside loop should be easily backhanded on their respective sides. Try backhanding the MM spinner from the right flipper when holding the ball. I can get that and the shot just to the left of it (Shaggy shot) easily while cradling the ball. The same for the left flipper, to it's spinner/return shot and the shot just right of that (Fred shot).

#6642 9 months ago

I can definitely say that moving the left post up to the top has made the game fun again. I still get some left outlane drains but not the cheap ones that would bounce from the bank of drop targets. It would remind me of PLINKO but with 50% or higher chance of a drain. If anyone is experiencing that, most the post up. Too bad that it wasn't easier, but if you are going under the hood to do it, replace the post and install the t-nut as described in the above posts. I went the way uf grinding down the post thread etc., but I might replace that when I can.

I would be interested in trying the 2/3 position for the post. At least one member has come up with a 3dprinted bracket that allows it. Although now that I type this, I think that his option can be installed without moving the left post. So this could be even easier for some.

#6643 9 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Yeah, maybe this is totally obvious to better players than me, but backhanding these shots is SO much easier.[quoted image]

That's a great image to show this.

After a bunch of games last night, the one remaining shot on each side were achievable from the opposite flipper with a 'tip of flipper' shot. I find that the far left Daphne shot is repeatable but the most difficult, while the far right Velma shot can be achieved even by hitting part of the far right lane and the ball makes it's way up that lane.

#6645 9 months ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Originally typed “not in the habit of buying stuff I don’t need. Then I looked in the mirror and thought “hahaha good one” as I posted on a pinball forum…after just visiting a boat forum

So true. Although the question is completely reasonable. The 'stuff I don't need is bang on. Adult toys.

SD ran me around the $16K mark, and I opted out of butter this time. Pricing is about the same for Aussies. UK is even more, from what I have read. Crazy but here we are. Enjoy it while we can.

#6648 9 months ago
Quoted from curban:

Mine can’t hit the left spinner on a backhand (at least not from a stopped/trapped ball). Right is no problem, but left is too tight an angle. Maybe sometimes I can get it to barely ricochet off the post to the right and get it into the spinner…but impossible to rip the left spinner on a backhand. Are they supposed to be the same? Can others hit the left spinner from a stopped trapped ball? Of course, i can occasionally backhand it if there’s momentum and the ball is slightly off the flipper.

Suggestion below to check your flipper alignment but yes, from each flipper, with the ball cradled, I can repeatedly hit the middle and inside shot on the respective side, with ease and I am not a great player.

#6652 8 months ago
Quoted from u2sean:

I'm also having trouble with the latest code not tracking balls correctly. Tried with all characters and the behavior was problematic for all. Seems to be mystery machine related for one of the problems, and then the game just deciding to kick out an extra ball in the middle of play for no reason whatsoever. Like you stated, it would actually end BOTH balls separately so if it happened in ball 2 it was game over. I reverted to 07.12 and everything was just fine again so it's definitely something with the update. Thankfully this was just on the home game and not one out in public. I sent info along to DJ as well as the logs so hopefully he can figure out what's going on.
Still enjoying this game a LOT, and I really like the additional mode that has now been coming out with each update! Here's hoping this latest one is fixed soon.

Good to hear this. I have been watching the thread and not seeing anyone else post the same until now. I know that it's code related as mine has been solid since the beginning. As it is really just me playing SD, in recent days, I will leave this code in and see if more mention the issue and hopefully a small update remedies these two issues in short order. The game is otherwise not playable for someone whobis easily frustrated, and definitely not playable in a public facing location.

#6673 8 months ago

Glad I didn’t download the new code yet.

Patch update is coming

#6695 8 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Question for the current owners - I'm just curious if Spooky added any more general music tracks as you play (outside of modes etc), or is it still the same one tune that loops?

There are more general music tracks that seemingly play randomly. I really like this change, to me it makes a huge difference in overall gameplay as they are quite different and longer in play, before repeating.

#6699 8 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Just got my CE today. I dont see a aticky for my issue. Has anyone had habitrails that will have balls stuck at the bottom, instead of landing down in the inlanes? Mine is the left one which is blue. Its not stuck on plastic, its stuck on the metal. And i dont want to use a tool to try and spread it due to the powder coat.

You can share a picture but yes come to think of it, the same happened to me out of box but it didn't take much to open it just a bit. Just use a hand towel of something that you can protect the insides of the rail with and then use a pair of pliers or similar to spread them outwards.

#6771 8 months ago
Quoted from The-Hum:

Fred's mode is as easy as you make it.
I usually lock in the plan (by hitting the lockdown bar button) after I make 3 or 4 shots.
It's a mode that allows you to decide how safe or risky you want to be.

And the benefit of being able to lock in the plan with the action button is that when you are ready you can trap/craddle the ball and then hit the action button.
This is, if you don't let the timer run out on building the plan, otherwise it will just start the playback with ball in play.

#6807 8 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Just a little reminder for people to keep things in perspective, some Godzilla and Rush owners have had multiple failures of Node Board 10, with this the result. (I have both a JP and a GZ, and have not had this issue myself).
Every company has issues.
RussM
[quoted image]

The major difference here is that Stern is screwing us with a platform(s) that may never be replicated. OG Spike (not Sprike2), for instance. Stern isn't even making some of those boards. Where and how T.F. are we going to find repair and replacements. Shit move by Stern.

#6823 8 months ago
Quoted from Pugster:

You’re gonna love Lebowski!

TBL is on my wish list but it's easily the most costly of current titles. Does anyone know why the video on TBL appears to have scan lines? THis might have changes but it seems like what I recall from Rob Zombie. Is there a way to change that?

#6926 8 months ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

724 butter and in the same boat. Wondering if I should have added butter after originally not choosing it. Definitely not a buttery smooth flow off the production line for the butter cab guys lol.

With my Halloween purchase I added butter after the fact and was told that it would take up to another month. I had my first Spooky (ACNC) in butter and decided that it was worth the wait. You might think the same when you get it. I had to pass on the butter with SD due to the increase. I wanted it but too much in CDN $. Like be the same if I get any Spooky pins in the future, sadly.

#7006 8 months ago
Quoted from kevster:

Yeah, I bookmarked it. Still nervous because I'm new to all of this. But I'll get to it at some point.

Honestly, it's nothing too complex, especially if you order in a couple of replacement parts; shorter post and t-nut. I went a different route, modifying what I had but the t-nuts are the way to go. You can put a t-nut in the other positions so that you can then move the post top-side, without lifting the playfield out.

I just removed the existing post and lock nut and chose to grind down the the post/thread down to the lock nut, and took down the nut somewhat with the grinding wheel. Not perfect but allowed for the post move without ordering parts. I will replace this with the t-nut(s) approach. A few of us have shared ideas and pics of what we've done.

In the end, I am pleased with the post in the top position, it was just far too cheap a ball loss with those drop targets on the left side, so close to the LT outlane.

#7046 8 months ago

I hate to shit on creativity but this seller needs to tune that printer. Lazy.

#7049 8 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Fair enough.
Still a fun tag.
Maybe you could offer a better one.
RussM

I plan to offer something for the pin that I have been working on but I need to dial it in and ensure that it is some what 'turnkey' so that is accessible to all owners. I have finished mine, as that was the original intention but I thought that others might like what I have done. I'm having a bit of a challenge with knowing that there are some differences in fitment, even if slight differences between machines. Unfortunately I am working within a few mm and there is a difference. This one 'mod' is not rocket science type stuff but not everyone wants to create something and would just rather buy outright. We'll see if I can bring this further and make it avilable for sale.

Back to the key tag. As a reference to what I consider 'quality', that I would attach my name to, here is something that I made for ACNC 4 years ago now.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acnc-tower-of-torture

Original hand sculpt, then reverse mould(mold), then made resin casts and hand painted them. Made about 15 in total, over time. Gave one to 'Spooky' and discounted one for a podcaster. Some ANCN owners liked them and bought and some bitched that I was asking too much or that it didn't do anything like light up. I'm in Canada and I sold them for $120USD, including shipping to most of the US and some overseas destinations. One of our own members here, offers a painting service on someone else's mod at $75+. That's great that it is a service offered and people willing to pay for the service. I obviously had something that had a small interest group but I did it for myself, to see if I could pull it all off and then decided to offer it up, knowing that I couldn't ask too much but for that effort and price, I just haven't had the drive to go to that extent again.

I still however laugh when I see a simple 3D print that looks like crap and is being offered for sale. The joke is on me though, if people are buying good for the sellers!

#7051 8 months ago
Quoted from alexorear:

Dude this awesome, wish I had an ACNC. Looks really nice. Sculpt is great but also nicely done on color matching which can be difficult. Also $120 for all that shipped seems cheap. Can't wait to see what you come up with for Scooby.

Thank you! Hopefully I see this one through.

After posting the link I went back to the thread and see that a couple of people were intetested in one. Honestly, it's a ton of work so I doubt that I am going to go there again. It was a fun accomplishment though!

#7063 8 months ago
Quoted from ArcadeTechNerd:

Fair enough…. Funny, I had actually noticed that there before but just never made the connection. Live and learn!

I was aware of the magnet but seem to recall hearing or reading, at that time, that they hadn't coded it yet though. I do agree that some shots seemingly just dump into the hole and if a magnet was in use, it was take a moment to stop or hold the ball and then release it. Maybe someone from Spooky can chime in to shed some light on the magnet here.

1 week later
#7261 7 months ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

What's the best way to tighten that post into the t nut to get it in there good? It's definitley a tight area and Id rather not take a lot of stuff apart to get it tight.

I'm not following, are you hoping to use the post to draw the t-nut into the wood? I wouldn't risk the topside PF to try to do that. It's best to just remove the LED PCB from below and tap the t-nut in. You won't then have to over tighten the post from the topside to secure it. If you have added a second t-nut, you can then unscrew the post, top-side only and relocate to the other hole.

Update: on another read through, if you are just referring the the area being cluttered above, you can try a long socket over the post, or long needle nose pliers and just use a folded shop towel (thicker paper towel), over the base of the post nut as you tighten with the pliers. This should prevent slipping or damage. YOu really don't have to tighten it too much.

1 week later
#7408 7 months ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Apologies; here's a proper written description of scooby mode. This is by far the most 'complex' mode yet, but you'll get the hang of it quick, and have fun doing it!
First to access it, like other character modes, three shots to scooby's orbits (3 right upper playfield shots) qualifies his mode at the left vuk. For those in a hurry, set your skillshot to the character lanes, and make one of scooby's orbits the first thing you hit to instantly qualify his mode at the left vuk.
Scooby's mode takes place in the malt shop. There are 4 drinks (technically lemonades, but they are milkshakes in my mind) that scooby is magically syphoning from (this is from the end of the cutler episode I believe). The level of each of the human gang's drink is shown in pink on their character lane inserts. The level of each corresponding drink is also shows on the LCD. Scooby will drink a little bit of one drink at random every second to start, lowering its level slightly. If a drink is ever completely emptied, it cannot be refilled. To refill drinks, either shoot their orbit, scoring an amount based drinks' levels, or repeatedly tap the action button to refill the selected drink. The selected drink is outlined in flashing yellow on the LCD, and the corrosponding shot's fingerprint insert will be yellow on the playfield. You can change the selected drink with the flippers. Note that, unless you are playing as scooby, you cannot use the action button to refill a drink if you are cradling a ball (scooby has a dexterous tail that affords him the ability to accomplish more tasks at once!). Also note that with each orbit (drink) shot, scooby picks up the pace on how frequently he siphons another sip from the drinks! It's good fun just keeping your drinks full, however the true goal of the mode is to hit the dance floor on the upper playfield and shoot 4 Dance Party roaming jackpots. The catch, however is that the bookcase diverter is only activated upon shooting a drink when it is full (all 3 inserts flashing pink). It will become deactivated if the ball drains between the flippers on the upper playfield, but can be reactivated by shooting another full drink. If you let all 4 drink get completely empty, the mode fails out.
So, seems complicated, but you'll get the hang of it quickly. It has been a blast play testing this mode at the shop!

Crazy and I love it!

#7450 7 months ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

If you’re struggling to hit the outer loops like I was I recommend adjusting your flipper angles slightly down to make all of the shots more attainable. It was nearly impossible starting character modes and extremely difficult hitting outer lanes. I tweaked a little and absolutely blew up the game unmasking two villains, beating a third, and playing through two character modes on one ball. I knew I wasn’t that bad at pinball but I legitimately had only started a character mode a single time prior to adjusting.

Can you share a picture looking downwards from over one of the flippers? Curious to know what it looks like.

#7453 7 months ago
Quoted from BillyPilgrim:

Ha! Just updated and my wife hit the new Scooby mode on her first game. Ever the spelling nazi, she was shocked to see “refill” in the on screen mode instructions spelled wrong!

They are aware, it was discussed in the live stream. Next update type thing.

#7458 7 months ago
Quoted from SpinnerCM:

Didn’t smell anything like a burnt coil, the sling coil was just a bit warm to the touch.
If my shaky hand attempt at testing is accurate, several of the mosfets are toast.
Crud. Guess I’ll have to call spooky on Monday.

I seem to recall that whenever this has happened for others, they needed a replcement Warden PCB. You can look at the mosfet/driver matrix to confirm which line it is on the Warden PCB but unless you have replacement mosfets on hand and some soldering ability, they will have to send you a new Wardern PCB.

This is a pinned key post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/70#post-7522708

#7499 7 months ago
Quoted from mooshue:

The MOSFET is easily accessible and replaceable so future fixes shouldn't be too difficult given how common the parts are. I agree though, gotta find what is causing them to blow;mosfet or coil and why.

And given the overall design on SD, I am going to say that SPOOKY is ahead of Stern in some ways. Just the absence of node boards alone is huge.

Just a Stern rant for this post.

I have a couple of SPIKE pins and a couple of SPIKE2. SPIKE(1) owners have been on a fast ride to having very expensive paperweights as there is a short supply of node boards which is driving up the pricing on any stock that is remaining. I have posted this a couple of times elsewhere and someone did say that Stern is supposed to manufacture more SPIKE(1) node boards but we'll see as some of these pins are 7-8 years old now:

If we exclude the 3 early home edition STERN pins which had SPIKE(1) 'Transformers/Avengers/Spider-Man', there is only a short list of full sized SPIKE(1) titles that were released;
Game of Thrones
Wrestlemania
Whoa Nellie!
KISS
Ghostbusters
Pabst Can Crusher/Supreme/Primus

I would estimate that GOT/KISS/GB were their big sellers, so there are a lot out in the wild but these were produced between 2015-2016. Some people have one of these pins and they aren't running right now due to a dead node board, or CPU board. These pins are now 7-8 years old, Stern has long since moved on to Spike 2. Actually it is worth mentioning that the boards in their home edition pin are actually unique as well, which makes those replacements very rare when they die.

Have a look at the stock at one distributer;
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=node&VIEW_SIZE=60&VIEW_INDEX=0&sortOrder=SortKeywordRelevancy

Let's thank SPOOKY for not going down this road in their design. Scooby is packed with topside PF goodness and a ton of great code, with much more to come. You can see by the posts in our SD thread that it is easy to determine the failed mosfet/coil. I'm not really sure that we have seen much in the way of other failed boards. HW does have an LED PCB that hangs into the path of the ball above the shooter lane. I helded a buddy replace his from the spare in the coin box. Even the design of that small LED PCB is 'simple', meaning repairable if need be but inexpensive to replace. Nothing much else for me.

There is also their mention of some great news coming our way for all things SPOOKY, see their Facebook post regarding the next 5 years. I am looking forward to hearing more!

#7549 7 months ago
Quoted from Rob55:

Any chance we might be able to have an option to enable the scooby theme song in the attract mode? The attract mode has the video intro from the show playing and it would be cool if every 10 min or so the song would play along with it too.
Also, maybe I am missing it but can we get a disable option on the Match after each game?
This game is a blast!

There was some talk about possible attract mode options and I (along with others) had suggested MP3 jukebox as well. I have a more detailed idea that I've posted to the Halloween thread as it would allow us to be creative, especially if the random MP3 playback in attract mode is set for FREEPLAY only, that way anything 'concerning for others' would likely be only played in a home setting.

#7578 7 months ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

If you love it, why are you on the fence? Is it just because you never owned a NIB? If so, I have seen a few low plays available to buy.

I have a friend here in Ajax/Pickering (area), in Ontario Canada who has a very low play, minty new SDCE with Voodoo glass, for a steal! I would buy it if I hadn't bought a NIB myself on reveal day. Still available!

#7585 7 months ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

My right flipper is significantly weaker than the left. The right has to be a perfect shot to make it up to the upper playfield but the left has no issue at all getting up there. Both are at 100% power. What would cause this? Is the coil potentially bad?

Check that the connectors on the warden board are secure and then check the EOS (end of stroke) switch gap on the flipper assembly below the playfield. There are pics in the thread of the warden boad connectors as to which are which.

#7620 7 months ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

Looking like I'm still on track to get mine around November based on payments being confirmed so far. Not going to lie, I'm nervous about this purchase. First NIB, just got into pinball last November. My biggest concern after watching so many videos (Including Bug on Twitch) is that this game seems like it requires a lot of skill shots in most of the modes and that we'll find it too difficult to be fun. Thoughts on difficulty from the self aware medicore players?
Regardless, still my favorite pinball artwork from the cabinet to the playfield.

You appear to currently own 6 pins already. This will be a great pin in your collection. You can make the settings easier if you want but the overall theme and content that they have in this title will be missed if you pass on it. I do have a larger home collection but I am a mediocre player and love the game. YOu will be in and out of modes and achieving goals in no time. Initially, the biggest frustration was the uncontroll drains in the left outside lane. I moved the post from the middle hole to the top and that went away. You still can drain but not really from the ball hitting the left banks of drop targets.

#7654 7 months ago

A friend still has a killer deal on a gently used SDCE (with Voodoo glass) here in Southern Ontario, Canada. I can't believe that it hasn't sold yet!

#7711 7 months ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Nope the handle moves just fine. It’s almost like I can’t get the lockdown bar down far enough to engage the mech at all. Thinking maybe the whole mech needs to be adjusted upwards, and then fine tuned with the adjustment screws?

I also had this issue. You might justr need to adjust the two brass looking bolts but there is some discussion about another possible culprit. There is a nut on the top/middle coin door bolt that holds your lockbar mechanism in place on the inside of the cabinet. There are owners that have said that the nut is too large/wide and the flared out part of the nut interferes with the mechanism. You can replace that nut with a smaller one (less wide). See my pictures below.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).png
1 week later
#7819 6 months ago
Quoted from tem92:

Can someone share a picture of how their back ramp on the upper playfield is screwed in. (Behind the Capt. Cutler Helmet) Are they flush with the ramp? Let me know. Thanks.[quoted image]

Oooph. That's terrible.

#7835 6 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I bought the Scoleri brothers spring for GB a long time ago to swap out with the bookcase flipper spring for a quicker response to the flipper. How many have done this? I keep putting it off and was wondering if it is a game changer mod!? Any thoughts?
Thanks all!

It can't hurt to swap out that spring. I made the sling switch more sensitive up there. The Black Knight mode allows you to hit the left bank of drop targets as well, to start off the red paint. I am not sure if there are more points or additional benefit to hitting the one switch up top though. That would be logical IMO.

2 weeks later
#8102 6 months ago

I had about a dozen or so games last night and I had the same type of bugs. Not to pile on, just to confirm.

2 months later
#9709 3 months ago

20240105_195028 (resized).jpg20240105_195028 (resized).jpgI have only just sent in a support email but I am finally getting around to trying to fix my drop targets. A few of them don't drop fully. In my pics I have just manually triggered the drop to show where they can sit initially. The front two are more of an issue but I have just been playing it and a second or third ball hit can help drop them.

The question is, is this an issue with the long spring not being tight enough to pull them down, or is it that the center spring, held on by the C-clip too tight? I don't have spares so I don't want to experiment with cutting any springs shorter. 20240105_191157 (resized).jpg20240105_191157 (resized).jpg

20240105_191212 (resized).jpg20240105_191212 (resized).jpg20240105_191245 (resized).jpg20240105_191245 (resized).jpg20240105_191237 (resized).jpg20240105_191237 (resized).jpg
#9716 3 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Your drop target mechs should be at a 90 degree angle to the plane of the playfield and parallel to each other.
It's hard to see from the pics and I'd love to be standing there to see them myself, but it looks like the front drop target mech is bent backwards, and that would bind the targets up as they try to drop.
One design issue I see on our games is that the front drop target mech is so far forward when you have the playfield resting on the service rails and you pull it forward, it will smash into the front target mech BEFORE it gets to the rubber stops.
This is unacceptable design to me, but here we are.
RussM

Quoted from Svenop:

One board looks bent and angled from the photos so make sure they are straight and perpendicular to the PF. My drops wouldn't go down smoothly even though the boards were straight. The springs were not strong enough so I cut them short and it fixed my problems

Thank you both, I will have to look these over again. The bottom wiring connector for the front is definitely bent but overall the two banks look okay. I will try to pull them forward just a bit. I can confirm the the targets are not binding on the playfield up top. If I ensure that I have the banks straight and still have the issue, I may have to shorten those springs.

Update: AJ has also responded from Spooky and suggests trying to shorten the vertical spring. He said that anything up to 5 loops should be OK.

2 months later
#10933 48 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I was a little distracted during the stream. Did they give an eta on the new code?

Bug said likley in a few days but I think that they were going to release it to some who were okay with beta testing it first. There was a small audio related glitch/bug instance, that he identified during the stream.

2 weeks later
#11349 32 days ago

Is anyone having scooby code issues? First game that I had eith my son and the ball ended play while still on the field. Then the next players turn kicked out two balls and I let one drain and it kicked out another. I drained the. Both and restarted the pin. I had no issues prior to the code update so although it can be a swith, I am just checking in here first and on FB to see if anyone else has experienced this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnaman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all?tu=dnaman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.