(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,623 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Jediturtle
  • Topic is favorited by 300 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).png
PXL_20240414_195906192 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_181554907 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_195746420 (resized).jpg
IMG_6048 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,623 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 233.
#4751 11 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

At the Allentown Show yesterday, I had to reset games several times because some smacked ass started 4 games and then walked off after playing one ball.
RM

This is sooooo irritating. We had people over last night, and as some people get more intoxicated, it happens.

#4752 11 months ago

I realized that was the comment and immediately deleted my post. But I guess it doesn’t delete fast enough. So no more memes needed. I thought it was a different fix to the issue. Thank you though.

#4753 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Need to have restart when the 5 year old presses start four or five times. Especially when the game takes so long to boot.

Just go into and out of the service menu, much faster than power cycling.

#4754 11 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

No video, but here are the exact steps for removing the upper playfield:
With playfield lifted, disconnect the 2 blue network cables from the main board and the white 5 pin and white 4 pin plugs (solenoid power) from the z-connectors. Label the blue network cables if they are not already - one is for switches, the other leds.
Clip any wire ties that would prevent the disconnected wires from feeding into the lower playfield cutout.
Lower the playfield.
Remove stone wall from front of upper playfield (2 wood screws).
Remove mystery machine (2 wood screws) and disconnect network cable from inside van.
Remove orange wireform (1 screw).
Remove UPPER purple wireform (1 11/32 nut).
Remove blue wireform (1 11/32 nut).
Remove the large upper playfield plastic (3 5/16 nuts).
Remove 2 square head wood screws on right side of upper playfield now exposed by removing large plastic.
Unplug and remove left spotlight (1 screw and 1 hexpost).
Remove leftmost plastic (3 5/16 nuts) to allow for easier removal of screws in next step.
Remove 2 ¼ wood screws from left woodrail on lower playfield (frees the bracket holding up the left side of upper playfield).
Remove topmost plastic and cut zip tie (3 machine screws).
Remove entrance gate (1 5/16 nut) and plastic post (1 ¼ post screw) – this will allow the guide rail to flex backwards in order to clear the entrance ramp when removing.
Remove 2 entrance ramp screws.
Carefully lift front of upper playfield slightly to separate, then gently pull forward to clear the entrance ramp.
Feed disconnected wires up through lower playfield cutout and you should be free!

Is there a way to just lift the front of the upper playfield to get to the bookcase flipper assembly without removing the entire playfield?

#4755 11 months ago
Quoted from Frito539:

Is there a way to just lift the front of the upper playfield to get to the bookcase flipper assembly without removing the entire playfield?

You can lift it a little after you remove the retention screws, but not a lot as the lip of the ramp at the rear only has so much flex.

You can adjust the flipper angle or put another spring on without removing the playfield, but anything more extensive will require removal.

#4756 11 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

if you want to play naked with condoms on your fingers, it's your prerogative.

Wait a second, did you install a hidden cam in my gameroom?

#4757 11 months ago

Hey spooky (or anyone in the know), what's the good word on the next code update?

#4758 11 months ago

Anyone in the high 300's get shipping notice this week?!

#4759 11 months ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Took some time to install the new NinjaCamp 3D hand mods, as well as some silhouette stickers on the lockdown bar. Also took a couple glass-off pics of the gate mod and sign mods I installed a couple weeks ago.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great. Turned your machine into one bad mother flipper.

#4760 11 months ago

I have the Wizard Mod speaker panel cover available if anyone would like to buy, $60 inclusive of shipping. Please shoot me a PM.

PXL_20230423_234445451 (resized).jpgPXL_20230423_234445451 (resized).jpgPXL_20230423_234500671 (resized).jpgPXL_20230423_234500671 (resized).jpg
#4761 11 months ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

#383 and nothing yet. I have been paid in full for approximately 408 hour now but who’s counting?

#4762 11 months ago

341 shipped out today. Should see it Wednesday.

Quoted from BlackBelt:

#4763 11 months ago

Ok…helpful! I’m not gonna expect anything this week then for 398…assuming two more weeks-ish

#4764 11 months ago

Yeah I think they are still at 28 a week. I figured off of the one that had 312 I would have either been last Thursday or today. It ended up being today. Super stoked for it the only bad thing is Wednesday is my wife and I anniversary so I may not get to play it much.

Quoted from BlackBelt:

Ok…helpful! I’m not gonna expect anything this week then for 398…assuming two more weeks-ish

#4765 11 months ago

You don't like the speaker cover? I thought it matched the game quite well.

Quoted from CypherPinball:

I have the Wizard Mod speaker panel cover available if anyone would like to buy, $60 inclusive of shipping. Please shoot me a PM.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#4766 11 months ago
Quoted from chriscable34:

Yeah I think they are still at 28 a week. I figured off of the one that had 312 I would have either been last Thursday or today. It ended up being today. Super stoked for it the only bad thing is Wednesday is my wife and I anniversary so I may not get to play it much.

Well happy anniversary tomorrow! No better way to celebrate than with a new pin?!

#4767 11 months ago

Thank you, I just have to take the wife on a dinner date. Is McDonald's good enough? Haha. On a side note, I may not be getting Scooby tomorrow. My tracking says it was picked up but not in transit. Says ship date was the 8th and I should receive on the 10th. I called a few minutes ago to R&L and they said that it must not be picked up yet. I guess we will see!

Quoted from BlackBelt:

Well happy anniversary tomorrow! No better way to celebrate than with a new pin?!

#4768 11 months ago

I did just speak with Morgan and the game is still there. Works out best anyway cause as soon as I get it, I wont be paying my wife any attention! Super excited still!

#4769 11 months ago

Hey everybody! We have a new FREE upgraded LED Driver Board for Scooby. This new LED Driver Board will handle all sorts of awesome new lightshows that the previous board couldn't. We will be sending out this board to ALL customers who have already received their game. All the games currently coming off of the production line will now have this board included. If you haven't received your new board within a couple weeks, just reach out to [email protected] and we'll make sure to send one your way!

ALSO we have some new code on the support page! Some of its features include new SFX, Callouts, Video Clips, Animations, but most importantly, a whole bunch of awesome new lightshows on the topper, speaker, and flipper/action buttons that will work with the new LED Driver Board. https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/

Hoping everybody has the new LED board in their hands really soon here and can enjoy all the fun new features in the game! Also, here's a video showing you how to install the new board. It should be a pretty easy process! Thank you everyone!

#4770 11 months ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Hey everybody! We have a new FREE upgraded LED Driver Board for Scooby. This new LED Driver Board will handle all sorts of awesome new lightshows that the previous board couldn't. We will be sending out this board to ALL customers who have already received their game. All the games currently coming off of the production line will now have this board included. If you haven't received your new board within a couple weeks, just reach out to [email protected] and we'll make sure to send one your way!
ALSO we have some new code on the support page! Some of its features include new SFX, Callouts, Video Clips, Animations, but most importantly, a whole bunch of awesome new lightshows on the topper, speaker, and flipper/action buttons that will work with the new LED Driver Board. https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/
Hoping everybody has the new LED board in their hands really soon here and can enjoy all the fun new features in the game! Also, here's a video showing you how to install the new board. It should be a pretty easy process! Thank you everyone!

Can we update to new code before receiving the new light board?

#4771 11 months ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Wow, you guys really are awesome!

#4772 11 months ago

Amazing! Thank you so much!!!

#4773 11 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Can we update to new code before receiving the new light board?

Yes, you can! You'll just have to use the service menu option to update the new light kit once you install it.

#4774 11 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Can we update to new code before receiving the new light board

That's a good question and maybe I should have thought to ask before I hurried to download and install the new code. I only played one quick game and I had to get back to work, but I don't have the new board and everything seems fine.

#4775 11 months ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

So will you ship out new boards starting from games #1 moving forward?

#4776 11 months ago

Awesome. Looking forward to seeing some videos of it in action along with the new code!

#4777 11 months ago

Nice! Should have my game in a few weeks, nice to know the new board will be in there.

#4778 11 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So will you ship out new boards starting from games #1 moving forward?

Pretty much! Squirrel will start sending out boards to all of the customers in order. Current games on the line will have the board installed as I'm clearing them.

#4779 11 months ago

This is great news! You guys Rock!

#4780 11 months ago

Edit: This has been sold.

#4781 11 months ago

This has been sold.

#4782 11 months ago

Added couple cool looking mini lanterns.

29F58693-BC47-472A-8971-9E2B3821C027 (resized).jpeg29F58693-BC47-472A-8971-9E2B3821C027 (resized).jpeg74C9135C-9144-45A0-AB5E-543484D4CCC5 (resized).jpeg74C9135C-9144-45A0-AB5E-543484D4CCC5 (resized).jpeg99197B35-FBDF-4ED2-B258-5C61024B2E8B (resized).jpeg99197B35-FBDF-4ED2-B258-5C61024B2E8B (resized).jpeg
#4783 11 months ago

Spooky,
How do you know the customer addresses if the game was bought through a distributor?

#4784 11 months ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Spooky,
How do you know the customer addresses if the game was bought through a distributor?

Every Scooby has a GPS tracker and sound activated recording device.

#4785 11 months ago

So, I updated. Everything went smoothly. I played a few games on the new code, and turned off the machine and went to eat dinner. A few hours later, I turn the machine back on, and it won't boot..... All I get is GI lit up, and topper/flipper buttons/speaker leds cycling through the colors. Backbox is lit also. But LCD screen is black, and game won't boot. Any ideas?

#4786 11 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

So, I updated. Everything went smoothly. I played a few games on the new code, and turned off the machine and went to eat dinner. A few hours later, I turn the machine back on, and it won't boot..... All I get is GI lit up, and topper/flowers buttons/speaker leds cycling through the colors. Backbox is lit also. But LCD screen is black, and game won't boot. Any ideas?

Reseat the power to the LCD panel. Apparently if it isn't detected, the system won't boot.

#4787 11 months ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Reseat the power to the LCD panel. Apparently if it isn't detected, the system won't boot.

I'll check that just in case. After two more power cycles, it booted up fine. So odd that it happened right after a code update though.

#4788 11 months ago

I'll check that just in case. After two more power cycles, it booted up fine. So odd that it happened right after a code update though.

After the latest update, when it was booting back up and on the Airfield splash, right when Fred started saying "Looks like we have a mystery to solve" the game seemed to just crash and reboot itself again.

After that, things started up normally. Thought it was strange so I'll mention it here.

#4789 11 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

After the latest update, when it was booting back up and on the Airfield splash, right when Fred started saying "Looks like we have a mystery to solve" the game seemed to just crash and reboot itself again.
After that, things started up normally. Thought it was strange so I'll mention it here.

Mine did the same exact thing, then was fine after that.

#4790 11 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Mine did the same exact thing, then was fine after that.

spooky_dj can explain this better than I can, but this is normal on the first time you update to this code. After the first time it should never do it again!

#4791 11 months ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

spooky_dj can explain this better than I can, but this is normal on the first time you update to this code. After the first time it should never do it again!

Good to know!

#4792 11 months ago

Never mind!

#4793 11 months ago

High level explanation: the update re-configures how the computer identifies connected devices, so after the update completes, the machine reboots itself so those changes can take effect. Apologies for any concerns it may have caused!

#4794 11 months ago

So, I updated. Everything went smoothly. I played a few games on the new code, and turned off the machine and went to eat dinner. A few hours later, I turn the machine back on, and it won't boot..... All I get is GI lit up, and topper/flipper buttons/speaker leds cycling through the colors. Backbox is lit also. But LCD screen is black, and game won't boot. Any ideas?

Quoted from spooky_dj:

High level explanation: the update re-configures how the computer identifies connected devices, so after the update completes, the machine reboots itself so those changes can take effect. Apologies for any concerns it may have caused!

So, would that cause what I described quoted above? What I experienced was different from the others.It finally booted after 3 power cycles. I havn't tried it yet today, as I'm at work.

#4795 11 months ago

I was planning to wait until we had a resolution to post up, but we have had almost the exact same issues as Svenop has had. We should be receiving our second replacement Warden and control boards today. We are hoping this time will be different as our game has sat in the shop over a month now going back and fourth with Spooky. They have kept up communication and is still working with us to resolve the issue, but it is disappointing to have this happen.

Our machine lasted about an hour on the floor before the upper right flipper seized and fried itself. This was also related to the launch button, auto plunger, and the top playfield coils and switches not working. Sadly, as I was initially working on it on the floor before pulling the game, I had a mom and son tell me how excited they were to play it and when it would be working. I hated to tell her that I had no idea and had to pull it to the back.

We've been down with Spooky for a long time now and love supporting them. We hope we can resolve this issue today when I head into the shop to install the new hardware and thank Spooky for working with us. However, we have to express our utter disappointment with what seems to be some minor to major QA/build issues. Boards so close to potential grounding points and at times lackluster soldering really sucks to encounter, especially when said issues are easily avoided with a little more attention to detail. I'd sacrifice some of the bling factor on the top side of the table for more attention being shown to the underside. A beautiful machine means nothing sitting covered up in a shop.

#4796 11 months ago

I have the Wizard Mod speaker panel cover available if anyone would like to buy, $60 inclusive of shipping.

Wow, that is an awesome price! Given that the current price from Wizmods to U.S. dollars is over $75 (not inclusive of shipping), this is a really nice deal. Had I not already purchased one, I'd of taken this in a heartbeat. GLWS!

#4797 11 months ago

I’m trying to update. Downloaded to usb stick, files are there, ejected correctly, inserted in machine, machine sees the code. When I select the code I get update failed restart machine it’s locked up at that point. Repeat same thing.
There no other files on the stick, no folders. Same stick I used on Rick and morty. What to do?

#4798 11 months ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

I’m trying to update. Downloaded to usb stick, files are there, ejected correctly, inserted in machine, machine sees the code. When I select the code I get update failed restart machine it’s locked up at that point. Repeat same thing.
There no other files on the stick, no folders. Same stick I used on Rick and morty. What to do?

Have you tried downloading the file again from Spooky's site, formatting the USB stick to FAT32 so it is nice and fresh, and copying the file over again? Maybe something went a little funky the first time around? I also use the same stick for SD and Rick and Morty and haven't ran into anything like that.

#4799 11 months ago

I can try it again see what’s up

#4800 11 months ago

I don’t really know anything about formatting a stick. It’s the same one I used on Rick and morty so if that’s different format then? I’m trying again now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 29.00
$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,623 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/96 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.