(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,418 posts
  • 631 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by DrBernd
  • Topic is favorited by 302 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3814 (resized).jpeg
20240325_184545 (resized).jpg
20240325_190433 (resized).jpg
20240325_111714 (resized).jpg
IMG_3028 (resized).png
94df7c_de016bf1fc1746a3bd18f5ab4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5636 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7691 (resized).jpeg
20240324_092450 (resized).jpg
20240324_092435 (resized).jpg
20240324_092501 (resized).jpg
20240324_092508 (resized).jpg
20240324_092515 (resized).jpg
20240324_092501 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,418 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 229.
#2351 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

How could I forget. I also have a Stranger Things Pro. Dimples is the only issue. This one has them for sure. Over 1000 plays and is solid in all other areas.
[quoted image][quoted image]

You didn't have to raise/lower the demogorgan to make the mouth shot? Be glad you didn't buy the premium/LE and had to deal with the TK lock adjustment. Many STr that came first off the line had the left ramp lock post pop off also.

#2352 1 year ago

I did have to lower the demogorgan. Not fun but not too bad

Quoted from manadams:

You didn't have to raise/lower the demogorgan to make the mouth shot? Be glad you didn't buy the premium/LE and had to deal with the TK lock adjustment. Many STr that came first off the line had the left ramp lock post pop off also.

#2353 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

We watched last night! Really well done movie.

Where did you watch it / stream it? Cheers

#2354 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Spooky Luke are you guys adding a spacer to new built games now to keep plastic from dropping and getting ball stuck issues?

We are indeed! Also going to proto type a bracket to hopefully be able to be put in from the bottom side without needing to remove anything just to help.

#2355 1 year ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

I don't think you will be able to resist...lolol!

Ahh…a challenge…will have to see what you have. We may lose this one…haha…we’re kind of chomping at the bit wanting to grab something here pre-game. If it’s a weak moment you could easily win this one…couldn’t resist some of your Halloween stuff. Sure your Scooby stuff will be great…DAMN YOU!!!

#2356 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We are indeed! Also going to proto type a bracket to hopefully be able to be put in from the bottom side without needing to remove anything just to help.

Any insight ? SpookyLuke

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/47#post-7478049

#2357 1 year ago
Quoted from OGpinball:

Where did you watch it / stream it? Cheers

Just in case TiltBob isn’t on. We watched on Amazon Prime. TiktBob shared that Apple TV also had it to stream and I understand that YouTube Movies has it…just in case someone needs a pinball fix during or instead of basketball. Haha. Not doing much better with my NCAA choices than I do with many of my pinball plays…but enjoy them both!

#2358 1 year ago

Your warranty doesn’t include labor or shipping… so make your own conclusions. Do you want a game that works or do you want to troll on the internet?

They try to help within reason- but if you are trolling to get them to say ‘no we won’t pay for a tech to come fix every little glitch with your game’…. What are you trying to prove?

#2359 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Your warranty doesn’t include labor or shipping… so make your own conclusions. Do you want a game that works or do you want to troll on the internet?
They try to help within reason- but if you are trolling to get them to say ‘no we won’t pay for a tech to come fix every little glitch with your game’…. What are you trying to prove?

Pre-order owner asking questions sorry if that burns your ass. I did find this.

9D663410-EB13-445D-A40E-BDBBD422D02D (resized).jpeg9D663410-EB13-445D-A40E-BDBBD422D02D (resized).jpeg

#2360 1 year ago

I mean no ill will when I say what I am about to say, but take it in any way you like. You are committing to spend upwards of 11k on a device that should bring you joy. Take some pride in knowing that any repair can be done by you if you commit to learning a few things. Take the time and learn.

I have no idea what a spooky pinball warranty really covers, but you should find out before you purchase, if making small repairs worries you. When the warranty ends, find someone to help you. They don't have to be a pinball repair person to help you. They just need to be able add and remove items from a playfield, soldering and coming up with small fixes that will be needed. It just take a little bit of thought.

If you cannot do this, then you need to consider the reason of owning a pin vs playing one.

#2361 1 year ago
Quoted from VoodooPin:

I mean no ill will when I say what I am about to say, but take it in any way you like. You are committing to spend upwards of 11k on a device that should bring you joy. Take some pride in knowing that any repair can be done by you if you commit to learning a few things. Take the time and learn.
I have no idea what a spooky pinball warranty really covers, but you should find out before you purchase, if making small repairs worries you. When the warranty ends, find someone to help you. They don't have to be a pinball repair person to help you. They just need to be able add and remove items from a playfield, soldering and coming up with small fixes that will be needed. It just take a little bit of thought.
If you cannot do this, then you need to consider the reason of owning a pin vs playing one.

Do you hold this mindset when buying a $11k+ car? A house? I love working on my machine ('79 Flash), first pin back in October, but I also spent $600 on a 40 some year old machine, not $11k on NIB. So while I'm now comfortable working on machines (I did a lot to Flash), it doesn't mean I or anyone else should be thrilled or expected to fix things OOB. I'm hoping being in the 1100s it'll be pretty rock solid by then though. Spooky's responsiveness on here has been reassuring.

#2362 1 year ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

Do you hold this mindset when buying a $11k+ car? A house? I love working on my machine ('79 Flash), first pin back in October, but I also spent $600 on a 40 some year old machine, not $11k on NIB. So while I'm now comfortable working on machines (I did a lot to Flash), it doesn't mean I or anyone else should be thrilled or expected to fix things OOB. I'm hoping being in the 1100s it'll be pretty rock solid by then though. Spooky's responsiveness on here has been reassuring.

Its all about perspective. 11k car, you better believe I am taking the mindset that I have to repair things. You cannot compare the car industry to the few pinball machine makers these days. A house in some ways yes, I do expect a brand new house to have things that I might have to learn to fix.

All manufactures are facing the challenges that 50% or more of their machines are going into homes. Gomez even said he wants every NIB pinball machine that is going to someone's house to be issue free but its just not possible.

These forums are toxic.

#2363 1 year ago
Quoted from VoodooPin:

These forums are toxic.

They aren’t if you use the tools at your disposal. If someone is clearly not contributing to making your experience here an enjoyable one, set them on ignore. Eventually all the bad apples go away.

#2364 1 year ago

If you cannot do really basic soldering, adjust minor mechanical things, take apart some screws and nuts and reassemble them, plug and unplug connectors, or you're not willing to pay for someone else's time to do those things then don't own pinballs.

They're not for you.

This isn't gatekeeping, because literally 100s of people on this site will help you learn every single one of those things if you're uncertain, and none of it is hard. Nobody will make fun of you, and will be super happy to help.

But if you're truly not willing to either pay for a tech or get your hands mildly dirty this just isn't the hobby for you. NIB, used, doesn't matter, this is what pinball is.

You can talk about Spooky's quality control or whatever, but it doesn't matter, every single game ever will need some of those things at some point in owning it. Right out of the box? Maybe, it's really not unlikely, but if not then eventually.

You're smashing a 1 1/6" steel ball bearing inside a wooden box full of plastic, moving parts, and electronics. Shit will break, or need adjusting, it's just how it is.

#2365 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I'd like to see more posts from Spooky like this. Statements that reaffirm changes are being implemented to correct issues. It helps establish confidence that buying one is a good decision because the manufacturer is attentive

#2366 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Again.. just prop up the plastic. Put a small sticky foot on it or cut up a rubber like I did and posted in this thread.
Just stick something like this https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Sliders-1-2-Round-Self-Stick-Cabinet-Bumpers-Plastic-Clear-12-Pack/16782103?athbdg=L1600 on the bottom of the plastic so it sits against that ball guide and pushes it up the 1/8" of an inch.
This is a dead simple fix.

good fix, less hassle to just do your fix or fab up a u-clip to correct it , than taking pics, up loading pics and a long drawn out bla-bla-bla over and over again. i easily could have done that in less time than it took me to write this. first run is always gonna have issues, and should never go to a smooth brain type.

#2367 1 year ago

Well… we uncovered a new hidden feature!

Disappearing stand ups.

8FD864EA-8A2C-435F-B4B1-9A11B1311C75 (resized).jpeg8FD864EA-8A2C-435F-B4B1-9A11B1311C75 (resized).jpeg

Easy fix…
9F1BD74D-962D-418F-BE3C-A423ABACA848 (resized).jpeg9F1BD74D-962D-418F-BE3C-A423ABACA848 (resized).jpeg

But it made me look at all the other standups and most we’re already loose. So go in and check those puppies out.

One other was out completely… and that hole was stripped. They are only using small #6 wood screws.

But next issue is those light pcbs are just a tad too big and obstruct reaching the hex screws with a nut driver…. You have to use a slotted driver for about half of them.

Get that trimmer tool out in the pcb design spooky and shrink those boards that 1/16 or so needed

89FBC6C3-28B1-4981-9015-1EE513D0B92C (resized).jpeg89FBC6C3-28B1-4981-9015-1EE513D0B92C (resized).jpeg

But plastic bumper lift has held up fine . Those we already ate through first set of flipper rubber.

#2368 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

But next issue is those light pcbs are just a tad too big and obstruct reaching the hex screws with a nut driver…. You have to use a slotted driver for about half of them.
Get that trimmer tool out in the pcb design spooky and shrink those boards that 1/16 or so needed
[quoted image]
But plastic bumper lift has held up fine . Those we already ate through first set of flipper rubber.

If you loosen the screws on one end of the pcbs near to where you need to get a nut driver, it opens up the space and gives you the room you need.

#2369 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Disappearing stand ups.

Here I was thinking horizontal spinners...

Quoted from flynnibus:

They are only using small #6 wood screws

Because they're using thinner playfields. I really really wish they'd go back to standard thickness playfields.

FWIW the last time I saw targets not screwed in all the way was NIB X-men pro from Stern.

#2370 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Because they're using thinner playfields.

Good to know. I don’t want to replace screws and have them pop through the playfield.

#2371 1 year ago

I may be mistaken, but I believe a traditional playfield is 17/32” plywood that gets routed, inserts, planed down, then art and clear are applied and polished for a final thickness of 1/2”

I think Spooky starts with 1/2” ply? Or maybe they did in the past? So it’s only slightly thinner

Pretty sure American Pinball has the same playfield vendor too

#2372 1 year ago

Thinner playfields? How much thinner? I'm with Chuck on this one. I'm used to all playfields being a standard thickness, and all my spare parts and hardware are geared as such. That would SUUUUUCK to pop a screw up through the playfield.

#2373 1 year ago

Ok, this forum is not a place that you should be dumping details about your trauma. I’ve been watching you do this for years without saying anything. But I’ve heard from you more than I’d like and now you’re going to hear from me. It’s all been very off-putting and I urge you to consider that people come to pinside and into this hobby to take their mind OFF of their troubles. So…you may actually be triggering other people here and I find it very selfish that you keep doing this. We’re all very sorry to hear about your difficulties but really, honestly…how is any of this any of our business? It’s just completely inappropriate. With all due respect I suggest that you speak to a professional and not air it out in here.

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

No! Not feeling empowered at all or need to. Sad you feel that. I get empowered by my family. You guys who down vote me for posting can kiss my …. I have been supporting Scooby even before Halloween and since.
Some of you are really pathetic. Most of you wouldn’t survive what my wife and I have gone through. Any of you survive loosing three kids? Major health problems where you can’t work anymore?
Get your house foreclosed on and start over moving across country with a family of six?! Have to rebuild your credit for a few years and be able to buy a house again?
Almost loosing my daughter to diabetic ketoacidosis twice? Daughter needing brain surgery? A wife with major health problems and in pain constantly?
Survive a childhood with a mother who was verbally and physically abusive?
Yeah I don’t need any empowerment from ANYONE!! Like many on here who think they are some Pinside celebrities. Give me a break.
Just posting issues since Spooky is on here. So downvote away. I don’t need any of you on here. Appreciate the ones who do support me.
Some of you need to grow up. It’s just freaking pinball. Have a nice weekend.

#2374 1 year ago

The circular standups don't seem to be holding up well to direct hits. The one on the right side of the center ramp looks beat up like the one I saw on the machine I played.

Quoted from flynnibus:

Well… we uncovered a new hidden feature!
Disappearing stand ups.
[quoted image]
Easy fix…
[quoted image]
But it made me look at all the other standups and most we’re already loose. So go in and check those puppies out.
One other was out completely… and that hole was stripped. They are only using small #6 wood screws.
[quoted image]

#2375 1 year ago

Finally got to try this today at the Pinball Gallery. Holy crap, this game is beautiful. The upper playfield looks way bigger in person too. I only played one game but I can definitely see the potential. I got through a few of the villains and was having a good time. The shots felt smooth. Can't comment too much on code yet because I wasn't entirely sure what to do at all points anyway, but I'm sure that will continue to progress.

My only issue was that fling from the bookcase flipper was very week and was not nearly powerful enough to get that shot all the way to the right. Perhaps a stronger spring is needed there?

#2376 1 year ago

I am getting bored with the game play as i know it right now.

The mystery modes all boil down to hitting all the shots. If you get stuck chasing one shot… say the closest arrow on the upper… you’re basically stuck there chasing a single shot over and over. Extend your timer and keep shooting the same thing over and over. There doesn’t seem to be any alternative paths like spotting targets or alternative finishing paths. It’s do it… or time out eventually.

Mystery machine mb takes a lot of shots before you qualify a single jb. And then you have up the middle all day to hit the helmet multiball… which i kinda like the most so far.

Tell me what else I should be doing in the available code right now to be entertained.

#2377 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Finally got to try this today at the Pinball Gallery. Holy crap, this game is beautiful. The upper playfield looks way bigger in person too. I only played one game but I can definitely see the potential. I got through a few of the villains and was having a good time. The shots felt smooth. Can't comment too much on code yet because I wasn't entirely sure what to do at all points anyway, but I'm sure that will continue to progress.
My only issue was that fling from the bookcase flipper was very week and was not nearly powerful enough to get that shot all the way to the right. Perhaps a stronger spring is needed there?

I've played at Great American Pinball a couple of times now, I'd agree that it feels like the bookcase could be stronger, but maybe it's powered that way on purpose. The shots aren't impossible as-is, but pretty hard.

#2378 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

The circular standups don't seem to be holding up well to direct hits. The one on the right side of the center ramp looks beat up like the one I saw on the machine I played.

I think people are getting too worried about target decals.

#2379 1 year ago

Need to solve the mystery of who this masked man is.

Who? (resized).pngWho? (resized).png
#2380 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I am getting bored with the game play as i know it right now.
The mystery modes all boil down to hitting all the shots. If you get stuck chasing one shot… say the closest arrow on the upper… you’re basically stuck there chasing a single shot over and over. Extend your timer and keep shooting the same thing over and over. There doesn’t seem to be any alternative paths like spotting targets or alternative finishing paths. It’s do it… or time out eventually.
Mystery machine mb takes a lot of shots before you qualify a single jb. And then you have up the middle all day to hit the helmet multiball… which i kinda like the most so far.
Tell me what else I should be doing in the available code right now to be entertained.

I believe your slings will light the same color as a shot needed to help spot a shot in certain modes.
In the regular Cutler mode, more hits to him up top lights additional shots. Same with hitting the spinners in Space Kook.
Each mode has a series of bonus shots you can collect after beating a mode but before hitting the unmasking shot.
Scooby Snacks Multiball should be in the next update this week before TPF.

#2381 1 year ago

I really like the Miner ‘49er mode where you have to make four shots in the correct order to crack open a safe. It’s four lower pf shots and if you hit a one wrong, you have to start over. If you pay attention to the inserts and callouts, they’ll give you hints to the combination. And it’s different every time.

#2382 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Ok, this forum is not a place that you should be dumping details about your trauma. I’ve been watching you for this for years without saying anything. But I’ve heard from you more than I’d like and now you’re going to hear from me. It’s all been very off-putting and I urge you to consider that people come to pinside and into this hobby to take their mind OFF of their troubles. So…you may actually be triggering other people here and I find it very selfish that you keep doing this. We’re all very sorry to hear about your difficulties but really, honestly…how is any of this any of our business? It’s just completely inappropriate. With all due respect I suggest that you speak to a professional and not air it out in here.

Just stating what many of us probably wanted to but MUCH MORE eloquently. Well stated and with respect. Thank you, mpdpvdpin!!!

#2383 1 year ago

Solved...game runs great now. A 4 pin connector needed to be seated properly. Thanks

Got my Scooby set up Friday morning. There is a recurring problem though. First game plays great. When you start a second game the mystery machine coil keeps firing about every 5 seconds over and over again. The ball will get stuck in the right vuk at this point. The right vuk will not kick the ball up while the mystery machine coil is firing. Only way i have found to get it to work is turn the game off and back on. When the game boots up, the right vuk will kick out the missing ball. The mystery machine coil works again and I can play a single game. The second you start a second game the Mystery machine coil goes crazy causing the right vuk not to work again. Turn it off and start process all over again...I have yet to be able to play 2 games in a row. Any ideas as to what I should be looking for in order to fix this crazy issue? I emailed spooky on Friday, I'm just looking for ideas I can try until they can respond.

Screenshot_20230319-200012~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230319-200012~2 (resized).png

#2384 1 year ago
Quoted from cmosena:

Got my Scooby set up Friday morning. There is a recurring problem though. First game plays great. When you start a second game the mystery machine coil keeps firing about every 5 seconds over and over again. The ball will get stuck in the right vuk at this point. The right vuk will not kick the ball up while the mystery machine coil is firing. Only way i have found to get it to work is turn the game off and back on. When the game boots up, the right vuk will kick out the missing ball. The mystery machine coil works again and I can play a single game. The second you start a second game the Mystery machine coil goes crazy causing the right vuk not to work again. Turn it off and start process all over again...I have yet to be able to play 2 games in a row. Any ideas as to what I should be looking for in order to fix this crazy issue? I emailed spooky on Friday, I'm just looking for ideas I can try until they can respond.
[quoted image]

Sounds like a switch is acting up.

#2385 1 year ago

Not worried about the decals, I'm referring to the actual target. The target looks like it's already leaning to the right, as if the circle part of the target is breaking.

Quoted from flynnibus:

I think people are getting too worried about target decals.

#2386 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

Question for SpookyLuke or lpeters82
What is Spooky's policy if a purchaser of a new machine is not capable of making the more intricate repairs required to fix the machine?
Soldering , removal of upper playfields, replacement of coils and stops that have been posted in this thread.

Go checkout the TNA owner's thread. There is a pinsider who got a TNA CE that is what I think would fall under the definition of a "lemon". I'm sure he has 40+ hours in attempting to repair it, multiple boards having to be replaced. He got to the point where he just wanted to return it, and Spooky's response was "All sales are final".

So, if there are issues I think you should 100% expect to be doing the labor yourself, with support from Spooky to get replacement parts and instruction. That seems to be your only option.

#2387 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Go checkout the TNA owner's thread. There is a pinsider who got a TNA CE that is what I think would fall under the definition of a "lemon". I'm sure he has 40+ hours in attempting to repair it, multiple boards having to be replaced. He got to the point where he just wanted to return it, and Spooky's response was "All sales are final".
So, if there are issues I think you should 100% expect to be doing the labor yourself, with support from Spooky to get replacement parts and instruction. That seems to be your only option.

So basically the same warranty as everyone else.

#2388 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Me too the other week for a quick game or two. It's certainly a beautiful game and fun to play. I would also agree with that upper bookcase flipper in having some kind of an adjustment. I have to get back there to play some more!

#2389 1 year ago
Quoted from cmosena:

[quoted image]

You have a stuck switch. Have you done a switch test?

#2390 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Most main modes do have you shooting most shots; but there are some details that can help you get around particularly difficult shots. Not sure if a high-level breakdown like this has been posted before, but:

Creeper: Easiest case. You need to shoot 5 of the character shots to pass the paper between the gang, so the creeper does not get a hold of it. Order does not matter, and you can repeat characters, as long as you don't do the same character twice in a row. You have about 15 seconds between successful shots before the creeper gets you and takes the paper, at which point you have to repeatedly hit the action button to get the paper back before continuing. Shooting the same character multiple times will delay how long the creeper takes to catch you. And each time he steals the paper, it's more difficult to get it back. Third time is quite difficult!

Space kook: Hit either spinner to reveal I believe 7 shots that must be completed (looking for the space kook all around the airport). They'll unlight after some period, at which point a spinner must be hit again to reveal the remaining shots. If you're having trouble with a particular shot, note that each time you shoot a spinner, the required shots will shift around, in a particular direction depending on which spinner you hit. If you collect shots during this mode at the airport on the upper playfield, you are awarded a jackpot! So the highest-points strategy is to shoot the airport, then a spinner to shift all shots so the airport becomes lit again.
Space kook is the only mode with a "mini-mode" built in currently; shoot the green footprints on the upper playfield. This will reveal the Space Kook Army, and you must shoot the standing targets to cover each Kook (it'll make sense when you see the display). Note that each hit toggles whether the corresponding kook is covered, so ball control is key! Finally, you Destroy the Spaceship by making Consecutive shots to the center ramp; I believe you need 3 or 4 shots, but beware that hitting the targets adjacent to the ramp will reverse your progress, so don't miss! Note that you still need to keep collecting those scooby snacks to keep your bravery up during all this!! (This is the kind of excitement we are intending to bring into all other monster modes in future updates too!!)

Black Knight: Track paint all through the museum. The most difficult mode. All shots start white except the slings (including those on the lower playfield) which are red. Shoot a red shot to pickup paint, then you can shoot several white shots (depending on difficulty level) to paint those shots red. You can always shoot any red shot to 're-wet' in order to paint more white shots.

Miner 49'er: Unlock the safe! 4 shots are lit white. You have to shoot them in the correct sequence, but you have to figure out what that sequence is! Shooting adjacent shots will give you hints as to the next shot in the sequence. If you get the sequence wrong, progress resets, but the combination does not change.

Charlie the Robot: Charlie is a roaming shot running around funland. Shoot the roaming shot 5 times. After each shot, he'll get faster and move less predictably! He will only move to lit (yellow) areas, so you can control his movement by shooting those shots to un-light them! On harder difficulties, you'll re-light them if you shoot unlit areas! It's not a mini-mode per-se, but you can also ride the habitrails for some extra points!

Cutler: bash cutler to collect oxygen, then head to the main playfield to shoot the orange clue shots before you run out of O2. If you have qualified any standing targets (they'll be lit blue) you can hit them to increase your O2 on the main playfield. Hitting different parts of cutler will light different standing targets, so it's best to bash him all over the place, not just the helmet!

Swamp Witch and Zombie: You're trapped between the two gruesomes! 6 shots are lit on the main playfield, and must be shot in a sort of 'combo' style, alternating left, right, left, right, etc. At the moment, I don't believe there are timing requirements, only sequence.

The plan is to use the left drop banks and scoop to award fun perks in the main modes, as well as start some mini modes! You'll begin to see those being used in future updates! Right now we are focusing on Scooby Snack multiball, which will keep your scooby snacks lit, making it much easier to keep your bravery up during monster modes, as long as you keep the multiball going! This will be particularly useful for keeping your bravery up during longer modes, or if you need more time to go after those mini modes!! Minor note: you may find it trivially easy to collect scooby snacks now, but with the introduction of aides like this, the availability of scooby snacks is subject to chage!

And of course, each main monster mode ends with the unmasking hurry up! You have a set amount of time to hit the scoop to collect your bonus, but if you want to risk it to get even more points, there are bonus shots you can hit up to three times to boost that end-of-mode bonus! But beware, if you don't shoot that unmasking shot at the scoop in time, you forfeit the bonus!

Also note that if you hold both flipper buttons, you'll see alternate rules text on the screen! (if any exist in your current mode).

And in all main monster modes, you need to keep your bravery meter up! If it drops to zero, you exit the mode, with no chance at an unmasking hurry up shot. You keep the bravery meter up by collecting scooby snacks, which are lit by completing a drop bank on the left.

#2391 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:Most main modes do have you shooting most shots; but there are some details that can help you get around particularly difficult shots. Not sure if a high-level breakdown like this has been posted before, but:
Creeper: Easiest case. You need to shoot 5 of the character shots. Order does not matter, and you can repeat characters, as long as you don't do the same character twice in a row. You have about 15 seconds between successful shots before the creeper gets you, at which point you have to repeatedly hit the action button to get the paper back before continuing. Shooting the same character multiple times will delay how long the creeper takes to catch you.
Space kook: Hit either spinner to reveal I believe 7 shots that must be completed. They'll unlight after some period, at which point a spinner must be hit again to reveal the remaining shots. If you're having trouble with a particular shot, note that each time you shoot a spinner, the required shots will shift around, in a particular direction depending on which spinner you hit. If you collect shots during this mode at the airport on the upper playfield, you are awarded a jackpot! So the highest-points strategy is to shoot the airport, then a spinner to shit all shots so the airport becomes lit again.
Space kook is the only mode with a "mini-mode" built in currently; shoot the green footprints on the upper playfield. This will reveal the Space Kook Army, and you must shoot the standing targets to cover each Kook (it'll make sense when you see the display). Note that each hit toggles whether the corresponding kook is covered, so ball control is key! Finally, you Destroy the Spaceship by making Consecutive shots to the center ramp; I believe you need 3 or 4 shots, but beware that hitting the targets adjacent to the ramp will reverse your progress, so don't miss! Note that you still need to keep collecting those scooby snacks to keep your bravery up during all this!! (This is the kind of excitement we are intending to bring into all other monster modes in future updates too!!)
Black Knight: The most difficult mode. All shots start white except the slings (including those on the lower playfield) which are red. Shoot a red shot to pickup paint, then you can shoot several white shots (depending on difficulty level) to paint those shots red. You can always shoot any red shot to 're-wet' in order to paint more white shots.
Miner 49'er: 4 shots are lit white. You have to shoot them in the correct sequence, but you have to figure out what that sequence is! Shooting adjacent shots will give you hints as to the next shot in the sequence. If you get the sequence wrong, progress resets, but the combination does not change.
Charlie the Robot: Charlie is a roaming shot running around funland. Shoot the roaming shot 5 times. After each shot, he'll get faster and move less predictably! He will only move to lit (yellow) areas, so you can control his movement by shooting those shots to un-light them! On harder difficulties, you'll re-light them if you shoot unlit areas! It's not a mini-mode per-se, but you can also ride the habitrails for some extra points!
Cutler: bash cutler to collect oxygen, then head to the main playfield to shoot the orange shots before you run out of O2. If you have qualified any standing targets (they'll be lit blue) you can hit them to increase your O2 on the main playfield. Hitting different parts of cutler will light different standing targets, so it's best to bash him all over the place, not just the helmet!
Swamp Witch and Zombie: 6 shots are lit on the main playfield, and must be shot in a sort of 'combo' style, alternating left, right, left, right, etc. At the moment, I don't believe there are timing requirements, only sequence.
The plan is to use the left drop banks and scoop to award fun perks in the main modes, as well as start some mini modes! You'll begin to see those being used in future updates! Right now we are focusing on Scooby Snack multiball, which will keep your scooby snacks lit, making it much easier to keep your bravery up during monster modes, as long as you keep the multiball going! This will be particularly useful for keeping your bravery up during longer modes, or if you need more time to go after those mini modes!!
And of course, each main monster mode ends with the unmasking hurry up! You have a set amount of time to hit the scoop to collect your bonus, but if you want to risk it to get even more points, there are bonus shots you can hit up to three times to boost that end-of-mode bonus! But beware, if you don't shoot that unmasking shot at the scoop in time, you forfeit the bonus!

A rule book section on your website would be amazing. Then anytime someone asks, anyone can drop a link straight to it for any of your games.

#2392 1 year ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

A rule book section on your website would be amazing. Then anytime someone asks, anyone can drop a link straight to it for any of your games.

We'll definitely work on that! Both in written, and diagram form! I'm afraid I can't say when it'll be published, as a lot of details are still subject to change, but I won't consider the game complete until documentation exists for it!

#2393 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

If you loosen the screws on one end of the pcbs near to where you need to get a nut driver, it opens up the space and gives you the room you need.

Appreciate the heads up both of you…#179 should be here in a few weeks. Trying to make mental note for the “just in cases”.

#2394 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Sounds like a switch is acting up.

Spooky sent me a message telling me which ones to look for. Indeed it was a switch issue and I am up and running now. Thanks

#2395 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

Not worried about the decals, I'm referring to the actual target. The target looks like it's already leaning to the right, as if the circle part of the target is breaking.

Its not - its fine.

#2396 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

We'll definitely work on that! Both in written, and diagram form! I'm afraid I can't say when it'll be published, as a lot of details are still subject to change, but I won't consider the game complete until documentation exists for it!

AJ sent me an email March 17th that stated "Everything we have should be posted online within the next few days!"

My email was "Is there a manual or setup guide to follow so I can familiarize myself with it before I receive shipment?"

So I'm looking forward to that posting!

#2397 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

I assumed it would be a living document, just state at the top the game update version that the rules are based on and that the rules are subject to change with future updates.

#2398 1 year ago
Quoted from cmosena:

Spooky sent me a message telling me which ones to look for. Indeed it was a switch issue and I am up and running now. Thanks

This is great! Spooky is pretty cool

#2399 1 year ago
Quoted from cmosena:

Spooky’s response time and involvement here is incredible. Too many trolls lead to an individual toll…they will limit to protect their own sanity. We, as pinsiders should be grateful…most other companies have clocked-out…for that very reason…plus, this is a club thread. You want to bring up every little prob…there are threads for that…if you don’t like that…maybe the moderators should be involved. I like the club thread for what it’s meant to be. If not…pinside is gonna slowly die @robin.

#2400 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

AJ sent me an email March 17th that stated "Everything we have should be posted online within the next few days!"
My email was "Is there a manual or setup guide to follow so I can familiarize myself with it before I receive shipment?"
So I'm waiting for that posting

I have to assume AJ was thinking from a tech/service manual standpoint, so things like wiring diagram, coil numbers, switch numbers, LED string order, etc. I apologize on his behalf if there was some misunderstanding there. It'll probably be Bug, other Luke, or myself that will be publishing the rules related documentation.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods
Decals
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 300.00
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 11,418 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 229.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/48 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.