(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,653 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 minutes ago by Pinstym
  • Topic is favorited by 298 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6192 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #224 Tracker sheet Posted by La4s (1 year ago)

Post #600 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (RnM) Posted by manadams (1 year ago)

Post #601 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (Ultraman) Posted by RussMyers (1 year ago)

Post #1021 IE Pinball streaming an early production Scooby. Posted by Morgoth00 (1 year ago)

Post #1671 Topper height measured. Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #1678 Overall height of game with topper. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Post #1792 Mystery machine scoop rejects - flipper power fix Posted by Sethman (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Backbox width measured. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blackbelt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Pics of the first game to leave the shop. Madison Pinball's CE #2. Will be available to play at I/O Arcade bar in Madison very soon!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Any plans for an Unboxing or gameplay vid?! Congrats!

#133 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I made it out to I/O last night and got about 10 games in on Scooby…

Excellent feedback! Sooo excited to play one (and own one).

Any report on how the left loop/subway is integrated? Curious about the context there and if the ball simply comes back into play down near the mystery machine or if it gets physically locked for MM multiball?

#135 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Yes it comes back into play around the right orbit (Mystery Machine eject). It was really loud when I was playing at IO last night so it was hard to pickup on audio queues. At first I thought the ball might be getting hung up but it gets kicked out after a delay. Would be great if Spooky could come up with some kind of headphone kit for playing in loud environments. Or at least add some visual queues for when a ball is stopped in play.

Gotcha…was hoping it would come back into play like that, nice! Yeah, maybe some visual cue like all the lights going dark (you fell in a dark hole) with a traveling flashlight effect leading to the mystery machine where the ball is resurfaced and back to full light show…cant wait!

#303 1 year ago

Jediturtle how is the upper playfield as far as targeting specific shots? Doable?

#454 1 year ago

Wont the speaker panel cover up the serial # plaque? Or is that also magnetic/movable?

#488 1 year ago

RebelGuitars any chance you can shoot some sweet HD overhead video of scoob play? Jonesing for a fresh vid of some modes and the upper playfield.

#542 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It means more now than it ever has. The fate of pinball rests on its shoulders.

Here is another ‘top 100’…represents the best music?

0BB514A4-29D4-4961-BC29-C1DF222C71A4 (resized).jpeg0BB514A4-29D4-4961-BC29-C1DF222C71A4 (resized).jpeg
#558 1 year ago

This is all super cool and fascinating (sincerely) but can someone please post a new stream of Scooby?! Thanks!

#561 1 year ago

Scooby stream…scooby stream…scooby stream….

#591 1 year ago

Cool to see some longer upper playfield action on the stream today…looks like so much fun, can’t wait!

BDE58EDE-4BBE-4093-80E0-5417A92B5740 (resized).pngBDE58EDE-4BBE-4093-80E0-5417A92B5740 (resized).png
#697 1 year ago

lol...yeah, anyone CE direct with Spooky who wants to delay until next Nov (when mine is suggested to ship) to pick up Foo, Godfather (seriously?) or GTF...slip into my PM's cause I'd love to get a Scoob sooner if possible! Even the honest reviews are getting me more jazzed about owning this pin!

#733 1 year ago

So…freaking…amped! Thank you lpeters82 , reading this over just makes me wish I had one at the ready to try it all out!

#891 1 year ago

Really excited to explore all the modes in scoob…love what I’ve seen so far…they seem so well thought-out and clever! Any favorites from those that are lucky enough to have one or play on location?

#997 1 year ago
Quoted from brerspidur:58 has landed...

Keep us posted!

#1152 1 year ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

So not 5 minutes after posting this, had a PM from Luke with a suggestion. I had not even reached out to spooky yet…

This is why Spooky rules! Bravo!

#1554 1 year ago
Quoted from pingod:

#36 CE set up at home today.
Zero issues out of the box.
Plays great, now if I can only get the wife off of it
Petri loves it too.

NOICE!!!! We have similar taste in pins...curious how you like the upper compared to TSPP?

#1613 1 year ago

dude stop.

#1871 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

Will do an actual review and ratings/comments after we actually have the game for a while…

Awesome! Appreciate the first impression and glad you guys had fun!

#1873 1 year ago

Curious how often you think people hold back an initial opinion here on pinside?

#2122 1 year ago
Quoted from jk2171:

They might as well call that podcast "Bro Do You Want to Bash Spooky". It's a recurring theme throughout every episode.

They can't talk that much trash without it catching up to them at some point...and it will. They've also done an excellent job at documenting everything they've said via video/audio streams so it's easy to go back recall exactly their words.

I just reach out directly to known SD owners (because their opinion matters to me) and ask for general feedback on the pin after they've owned it for a bit...works great to get sustained feedback and I'm super pumped after hearing all the positives!

#2193 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I have a Scooby CE on order, but for anyone who is worried about it not being perfect out of the box, this is not my first time at the Rodeo.
RussMyers

Appreciate you posting this to help keep things in perspective (sorry about the issues) for those of us that are fresh NIB buyers with Scooby. Gotta remember that even the big guys have build issues and from what I gather they are no where near as responsive or helpful as Spooky.

Just yesterday I has to call Morgan to sort out a quick detail...done.

Looks like I'll have my first chance to play Scooby in a few weeks on a business trip that leads me past AYCE GOGI in Van Nuys...can't wait!

#2444 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

NEW SDTM!
Scooby Doo Pinball FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Watching now...thanks guys!

#2530 1 year ago

Gahhhhh I just wanna play it!!!!

Quoted from wfumed2:

I decided to go a simpler route!

Looks great, nice!

#2765 1 year ago

From pictures it looks like all the TPF scoobs have sold…congrats Spooky!

#2832 1 year ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

I did a bit of modding this morning.
Didn't like the spot light by the apron so made this out of stainless steel. Hidden and a more balanced light across the flippers and lower playfield. Uses factory spotlight connector, lightning effect is next level now.
[quoted image]

Looks fantastic…you could sell this as a kit!

#2892 1 year ago
Quoted from jasoncortez81:

First time posting, and definitely not a Spooky Pinball fan boy, as this is the first machine I've owned from them (I have many from the other big manufacturers). I went to TPF looking for a Godfather, and when I played it I loved it and wanted to buy it. Then we played Scooby, so well made and ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!! I was still on the fence, but the Spooky team was absolutely amazing!!! They made the difference. You can tell they love what they do and go the extra mile to make their customers happy. Luke in particular was AMAZING!!! He is the reason I bought my first Spooky and have Scooby Doo CE Butter Editon in my house currently. I can't tell you enough how much the entire team made us feel like a part of the family. HE EVEN HELPED LOAD THE MACHINE IN THE TRUCK FOR ME!!! This machine is definitely the prettiest in my collection, if they keep up the quality and AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE they will definitely succeed!!!! Keep up the good work guys!!!! Loving the machine!!!!

Congrats on the new pin and thanks for sharing your experience!

#2919 1 year ago
Quoted from SpacelySpliffs:

Got notice and invoice saying #241 is on the line!

I believe you are the first in our fair state to acquire a Scoob...congrats!

#2922 1 year ago

I know this puppy is packed full of sculpts/toys already but with 'The Space Kook' as a personal favorite I wonder if anyone has a lead on a figure that would work in here? Most of what I'm seeing available are a bit too 'simplified' or more like a caricature in design. Seemingly best option is a yet-to-be released set from Mezco:

https://www.mezcotoyz.com/5-points-scooby-doo-deluxe-boxed-set

Thoughts? this Mezco set could offer some nice options with other villains + the gang (again, not that there is a ton of extra room and for good reason as the spooky crew did an excellent job filling it already). Thanks!

#2939 1 year ago

RE: Freight delivery...curious what options you're given? Last summer I shipped a TSPP with Michelle at Beltman. Went smooth, no issues and the seller merely lowered the head and wrapped in cling-film (literally thats it...legs on and all). She gave me the option to pick up the pin at the warehouse (45 minutes away) or have it delivered to my house. I decided to do pick up at the warehouse to cut out one more on-off of a delivery truck. Granted I have a truck so that made pickup easy...any option for warehouse pickup with Spooky direct orders?

#3236 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

I will be streaming Scooby tonight with bookcase flipper spring upgrade and +15 flipper power. The springs I used are upgraded tension springs from the Scoleri brothers drop target fix kit that Pinball Life sells.
6:30pm est Twitch.tv/SlapDrain

Awesome, thanks! Enjoyed your last stream and curious to see the updated spring in action.

#3339 1 year ago

Alright alright alright!!! Finally got to play Scoob for the first time when passing Ayce Gogi West Hills for some business and I have two words…pure fun!

I’ve read it a few times in past posts, but this pin really does have a super cool visual aesthetic…the entire art package is stunning and no doubt it will be one of the most attractive pins in a home collection as it is beautiful to look at. The scale of everything really threw me at first glance in a good way…I was expecting smaller versions of what I had seen in pictures as photos really do not prepare you for just how grand this pin is in person. The cutler sculpt is huge which I loved (like racketball size?) and the upper playfield has much more playable real estate than is suggested in photos or on stream…loved playing the upper pf and the book case flipper was really a breath of fresh air as it opened up more creative ways to play up there.

Main playfield felt fast and there was plenty to do/shoot for in terms of qualifying modes, working toward a multi-ball or playing the actual modes…I played cutler, charlie and creeper and enjoyed each one a lot. Based on whats already in the code things will only get more interesting as more modes get released.

Here is what makes me the most stoked for Scooby. Its just pure fun entertainment. If only for a few moments, this pin did a great job of transporting me away from the stresses of life…all factors combined (shots, mechs, lights, toys, art) really got me immersed and made it enjoyable to play and want to play again…I’ll take it! Thanks Spooky team…you got a great pin here!

83BAF75D-88A5-4D8A-9D36-BF0FA7D992A7 (resized).jpeg83BAF75D-88A5-4D8A-9D36-BF0FA7D992A7 (resized).jpegA4F57B7E-BC7C-4E24-8BA9-FFE8D1184B5A (resized).jpegA4F57B7E-BC7C-4E24-8BA9-FFE8D1184B5A (resized).jpeg
#3343 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Here's our youngest ready for Scooby! Wife got us all shirts to celebrate Scooby…
[quoted image]

This rules, you’re gonna love it…soooo fun to play!

#3452 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

You’ve actually had a stuck ball in all these places? Or are you just posting potential spots?

With no explanation, I figured these were all just staged.

I’ve only been able to play for a few hours at two different locations with no stuck balls in any of these spots.

#3474 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Maybe we need mylar over the target decals on Scooby????

Thats the plan when mine arrives.

#3548 1 year ago

Scooby is my first NIB…I’ve closely monitored this thread from the start…read all the concerns, issues, fears, fixes, triumphs and joys of early ownership…I’m not going anywhere…am holding on to my pre-order spot and looking forward to being an owner. Come what may…so stoked to own this pin!

#3692 1 year ago

heck yes for a stackable 2-ball multi-ball!!! (it really doesn't take much to get me amped...hehe...tbh...I was really hoping for the addition of a quick little MB)

#3751 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

2.5hr stream last night the only thing funny thing I noticed was bonus after a tilt. Oh and thanks again to everyone who stopped by I had fun chatting and i hope i did a decent job discussing the new rules. Was awesome to see a few spooky employees jump in chat as well!
https://clips.twitch.tv/SquareSolidHawkTBTacoRight-1ateT-loJPnOccaL
Stream recap: In 2.5hrs Zero lockups, Zero Reboots, Zero glass removal.

Stream was great, had fun watching! New code looked like it played awesome (SSMB adds so much to overall dynamic!) more so…enjoyed your positive attitude while playing.

I (respectfully) dont need a Jack Danger stream at this point to know how fricken rad this pin already is and with this update its clear that the unreleased modes that the gang at Spooky is going to add will continue to add depth!

Also to @rdonohue13…was great reading that you found a fix…reminds me how helpful pinside can be! I recently discovered on my TSPP that the ‘garage’ and ‘couch’ switches were swapped which was infuriating and confusing when trying to beat ‘homers day’ ack…so glad you found the fix and are enjoying your game!

#3974 1 year ago

Just got the call, #241 out for delivery!!

Congrats! More Washington Scoobs...please let us know how everything goes!

#4042 1 year ago

#241 was delivered...

Fantastic report, thanks for sharing! sounds like you have a great unboxing routine that others may want to follow for NIB pins...likely saved you a lot of grief! Stoked for #398 over here!

#4067 1 year ago

Chester Copperpot multiball!

#4099 1 year ago

Has anyone landed on if this type of shooter lane protector is useful in scoob?

https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-shooter-lane-protector

I know the 'Pindefender' has come up in past posts but I cant remember if it was working well after use...thanks!

#4317 12 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

100% agreed.
As I said this game clearly has something more major going on and not just a bad board or couple of boards. Me personally I would not settle for anything less than a new game or minimum this game goes back and is completely rebuilt down to the last wire, connector, nut bolt etc.
You don't drop 10k on a boat anchor and expect to be happy about it (unless you are buying an actual boat anchor).
And before anyone gets worked about what I said - no we are still not cancelling our order. We want the game but really don't want the headache.

Sorta curious where the threshold is of "hey sorry, we messed up and need to swap out your machine" on spooky's end? I'm certain they're just as bummed as we are about the people having issues...but it does make you wonder if whats happening is QC or shipping related. I just imagine something of this size getting unreasonably jostled on it's journey to the owner. Maybe a more comprehensive 'before you turn on your machine check these points' setup list would be helpful?

You got this Spooky...hoping for the best here on 398!

#4323 12 months ago
Quoted from musketd:

Why is spooky being so quiet here and why was it so important to make sure the first 50 machines went out trouble free and now they are just shipping games out with all these issues very disappointing unfortunately

Keep in mind there are hundreds of games that are out there without issues. Pinside is not a comprehensive list of everyone's scooby experience and will largely be the platform where negative feedback relating to issues is voiced. If you're only getting your news from this thread...you're ill informed.

Use some logic. Spooky cares more then you do about providing working pins...I guarantee it. They're vested. Their longevity of the company depends on making pins that work.

My takeaway from all this is that pinball manufacturing is wicked challenging and this company is offering better support on a smaller run of machines than anyone else. Hardware, software, audio, video all have to work in perfect harmony. I'm so glad a company like spooky exists because they offer something that the big guys cant...care.

SpookyBug sending waves of encouragement from one small business owner to another...you got this!

#4336 12 months ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Man I'd like to follow all of our games threads daily but I don't think the time exists! Ultraman and Halloween will always have a special place in my heart obviously to those who know how the project started. I'll try to catch back up and hop in. Honestly the guys have had a ton of content written forever for Ultraman just need it to get implemented. I've been told programming is hard! Luke Peter's works on Halloween Ultraman stuff daily still as well as Matt Kemp and Bug. Can't wait for that next code update.
I keep up with all the social media in general as well as most podcasts. The pinball network, Kaneda, Don, cary hardy, Zach and greg and about any other video on YouTube I can find related to our games. Always try to stay tuned with what's going on and the general public perception of our games. What people want to see from us and what they do and don't love etc.

This is care. Someone key this so no one forgets.

#4406 12 months ago

Largely disagree. Par for the course is easily documented throughout this thread of basically every employee who worked on this pins hardware or software helping and answering peoples questions…usually after work hours or on weekends.

#4408 12 months ago

It's above and beyond intentions for sure, it's actual help. Unfortunately in today's 'amazon prime' mentality of instant buy/get/replace/blast with bad review way of thinking there's no room for art. Yup...these machines are works of art and good art is damn expensive and is not without flaws. These have the extra bonus of moving parts so it's extra complicated...even if everything works correctly before shipping (as mentioned earlier) something is going to get loose or disconnect in freight and someone who has zero mechanical or electrical know-how is gonna freak out and sully what might be an otherwise positive purchase by a person who understands how to do simple tweaks on pins.

This machine is amazing. I can't wait to play it again and eventually own one...zero concerns for me based on spooky's show of support.

#4411 12 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Sorry but multiple board failures/replacements in addition to several other parts (coils, mosfets etc) is not simple tweaks regardless of skill level.

I think you and I are largely in agreement overall. But we honestly just don't know all the facts. For all you know there was what would have presented as an obvious short to you or me, but not to them when installing all 3 boards causing the fault.

#4438 12 months ago

To each their own and all the best to you! It’s a wild time for buying NIB with an incredible list of options recently released. I feel very fortunate to have had the chance to play all the new prospects I’d consider buying at an empty Ayce Gogi a few months ago. I went all chips in on the pin that immediately presented the most fun to me, Scooby. Foo Fighters was a blast with a brilliant layout but I already own a GZ and it’s enough of challenge that FF felt redundant. Godfather left me with zero ‘just one more game’ feel and the playfield felt confusingly cluttered. Galactic Tank Force was frustrating to shoot and the 3D printed toys killed the cost-to-quality factor for me. The P3 machine was down for service.

I just wanna have fun when flipping…others want something else…there’s something for everyone!

#4529 11 months ago

lol...meddling kids and your URL sleuthing

#4567 11 months ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I finally got through everything currently programmed and “ran out of things to do” in one game.
[quoted image]

Daaang! Nice score…

Didn’t Luke Peters say something to the effect that single points were only awarded when you unmask a villain? Might be a worthy challenge to see if you can unmask all 7 in one game to keep things interesting?

Either way, glad to see you’re still having fun with it!

#4610 11 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

My wife wears them for my snoring. I bet it will do the trick. Don’t knock it till you try em’

I wear them to bed and it’s pure bliss…on a related note my TSPP has flipper buzz for daaaaays…common ‘issue’ that I dont think is an issue at all really. People suggest replacing the sleeves?

Honestly no two coils are gonna sound/react the same…manufacturing for this linda stuff isn’t *that* precise.

#4618 11 months ago

No titan band love?! I swapped in titans on my GZ and felt like it gave me much better control.

#4624 11 months ago

Reverse flipper mode could be killer for the Shaggy mode…ya know…after he’s had a few too many ‘snacks’

#4641 11 months ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

One thing I was thinking when playing regarding code. Occaisionally kill the upper flippers so you can't go up top.

Congrats on getting the machine! Funny...bashing around up top is one of my favorite things...I'd be pretty bummed if the upper flippers were killed...besides couldn't you just not engage the left flipper when hitting the ramp to achieve this same effect?

Quoted from SlapDrain:

I have titan bands on every game I own. Tried them on scoob and still felt they were a bit bouncy. Didn’t have a low bounce set on hand to try so I stuck some standard sterns on because I have so many sets lying around.

Nice! At one point I swapped all my pins to Titan 'low bounce' and then after awhile went back to regular titans...certainly worth testing to see what fits your playing style and enhances the overall experience. BTW...great JDJP stream the other day, thanks!

#4659 11 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Because there's more downside then upside to killing flippers in mini playfields. If the switch detecting balls entering the Mando Helmet is broken, then the whole toy is basically broken. And the game could get confused during multiball about where everything is.

Agreed…please leave em active like Simpsons Pinball Party…20 years later on that machine and still going strong with no issues…they’re always at the ready for action!

#4724 11 months ago

They’re adding more villain modes so he’ll likely be included.

#4728 11 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

That's interesting, since there aren't any additional villain inserts. I'm all for more villain modes, I'm just curious how they will implement them.
Unrealated thought: The Cutler multiball song isn't so bad when you're actually playing. It really worried me when hearing it on streams.

The sense I get from asking earlier in the thread is that additional villains might show up under the ‘?’ question mark insert…maybe Spooky will make something like a ‘tier 2’ batch of villains where once the initial 7 are completed or certain progress is made you can select specific additional ones via a van/scoop shot? Either way, stoked they’re adding more!

On Cutler MB have they looped in the instrumental version yet after the main one plays? Seems like a great way to keep it intact but not get old so quick.

Hoping for a shipping notice next week, so stoked!!!

#4758 11 months ago

Anyone in the high 300's get shipping notice this week?!

#4763 11 months ago

Ok…helpful! I’m not gonna expect anything this week then for 398…assuming two more weeks-ish

#4766 11 months ago
Quoted from chriscable34:

Yeah I think they are still at 28 a week. I figured off of the one that had 312 I would have either been last Thursday or today. It ended up being today. Super stoked for it the only bad thing is Wednesday is my wife and I anniversary so I may not get to play it much.

Well happy anniversary tomorrow! No better way to celebrate than with a new pin?!

#4772 11 months ago

Amazing! Thank you so much!!!

#4886 11 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Eventually… but most of the screws are tight. They just take a lot of abuse it seems

Refresh my memory...is this a location or home game?

#4937 11 months ago
Quoted from kevster:

Awesome! Hopefully I'll hear the same very soon. #401 here

Curious, have you paid in full yet/did they ask you butter/no butter? Based on numbers that I’m seeing posted I’d imagine your machine is already on the line if not nearly completed.

#4989 11 months ago

While the 'family getting first pin' scenario does make sense that it should not fall on them to fix...it's just not how pinball machines work. Anyone in this hobby (or other electro-mechanical hobbies...like vinyl records/record players that require constant calibration if you're doing it right) for a long time knows the potential challenges that exist with new...anything.

I'll just loop back to the fact that ALLLLLLLLL the current pins coming out have their issues...from spinners that are falling apart, node board fails, mech fails, poor/rushed clear coat on playfields (good luck fixing that) and code bugs...no one is exempt.

As far as I can tell Spooky is the only one directly helping solve issues. Be thankful.

This doesn't mean that the issues should be given a 'free pass' but you're also not being hung out to dry.

#5010 11 months ago

Out of over 350 Scooby's out in the wild...what's posted here on Pinside accounts for a very small percentage of the actual Scooby ownership experience (in either direction). I'm starting to cherish the 30+ years I got to enjoy pinball without the drama in these forums.

You wanna feed on hate? You'll find the posts to support it.

Problem with pin? Plenty of answers.

Wanna stay optimistic? Thats here too.

Flawless victory? Look no further.

I'm gonna take my own medicine and check out until I have my machine in hand...then I guess I'll have a leg to stand on as it relates the above options.

1 week later
#5251 11 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Still waiting on #445 to ship. What’s the highest number received so far?

398 shipped last Thursday, is currently on a truck and will arrive here later this week unless there are delays.

#5265 11 months ago
Quoted from Danzig:

Question for Scooby owners...
[quoted image]

Season 1 Scooby episodes would be fun...correlating to the correct modes somehow would be amazing!

#5275 11 months ago

#398 is on! I was faced with a choice…1 hour round-trip to pick up at the carrier or wait until next Tuesday for delivery…hah!

Will post more in detail about the entire unboxing and set-up process later this week!

IMG_6810 (resized).jpegIMG_6810 (resized).jpegIMG_6811 (resized).jpegIMG_6811 (resized).jpeg

#5305 11 months ago

Alright! CE#398 assembled and in place. Quick context on me...I'm a 41yr old audio engineer who's been obsessed with electro-mechanical things since the age of 6. I've been slinging a soldering iron/repairing my own gear/building my own studios for nearly 20 years and so far it's worked out. I have high standards for quality because that's what's expected of me. I have 4 kids (ages 12, 10, 6 and 2) who all enjoy playing pinball as much as I do so the stakes are high over here for things to work well as this is our first NIB machine. OK...on to the important stuff...Scooby!

I was late to the ordering game...my initial CE# was 1133. Thanks to a generous pinsider who wanted a later run I did a straight swap for #398. Got notice last week that mine was shipping and picked it up from R+L yesterday. Pin was packed so well and it's a good thing too...looked like R+L tried stacking another heavier box on top on my pin as one corner was noticeably folded in...absolutely no damage to the pin at all! Phew! Signed for and got it home. Waited for my oldest to get home from school to fully unbox/assemble...he teared up when he saw it was here (I didn't tell him it was coming today).

In addition to the steps of assembly provided by Spooky, I had my own short list of things to check before turning on the pin:
- Re-seat and check all cable connections
- Check all solder joints
- Clean flipper EOS contacts
- Check PCB's for potential shorts
- Check trough tolerance (is ball perfectly centered?).
- Check screws for anything loose

Pretty standard stuff for any pin I’ve bought (9 so far). Soldering all looked perfect, no cold or shorted solder joints or melted wire casings. All Cables were seated tightly and secure. Trough was perfectly centered. Of everything I checked there was literally a single loose screw on the apron mount...3 seconds later with a Philips and it was tightened up snugly. I did adjust a few leaf switches that seemed just a tad far apart but otherwise we loaded up the balls...leveled to spec and turned it on. All said from 4pm to 10pm we put 50 games in and not a single issue, fail or stuck ball...it was flawless! I only got to play on location once before this, but I'm loving the layout, flow and speed of the design even more now! The upper playfield is amazing...it's like having a second full sized pinball machine within the machine (honestly more fun upper than TSPP). The loops and ramps are fast and fun to combo. The modes are all very unique and engaging it's obvious to see where the code is going based on what's currently offered and I'm stoked for the character and wizard modes.

My only suggestions at this time would be to diversify the main music. If there was a way to loop the 'character select' music after the main theme for general gameplay I think that would be on-theme and help break-up the repetition. Last the 'shoot the mystery machine' callout happens too frequent...reduce by 1/2? Even so...the sound effects and overall audio package sounds great!

If you're waiting for a Scooby, I'm very excited for you...it's fantastic! We did our best to play as many Spooky pins around here on location while we waited to get a feel for what Scooby might be like. Scooby has very much exceeded my expectations and I'm loving the feel of it a lot...like how driving a vintage sports car is more fun and captivating than a modern commuter or how a Gibson Guitar is totally playable and nice but a custom small-shop guitar has a character and vibe you wont find from the mass-produced. This art, music, mech, code, layout is the total package and I'm really loving it. We're looking forward to a long holiday weekend enjoying this pin. Massive thanks to Bug, DJ, Luke(s), Morgan and all the folks at Spooky...you did a fantastic job and we're thrilled to own this pin!

IMG_6813 (resized).jpegIMG_6813 (resized).jpegIMG_6814 (resized).jpegIMG_6814 (resized).jpegIMG_6816 (resized).jpegIMG_6816 (resized).jpegIMG_6817 (resized).jpegIMG_6817 (resized).jpegIMG_6818 (resized).jpegIMG_6818 (resized).jpegIMG_6819 (resized).jpegIMG_6819 (resized).jpegIMG_6824 (resized).jpegIMG_6824 (resized).jpeg

#5307 11 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Good review. Enjoy the new pin!

Thanks! We did our best to play as many Spooky pins around here on location while we waited to get a feel for what Scooby might be like. Scooby has exceeded my expectations and I'm loving the feel of it a lot...like how driving a vintage sports car is more fun and captivating than a modern commuter or how a Gibson Guitar is totally playable and nice but a custom small-shop guitar has a character and vibe you wont find from the mass-produced. This art, music, mech, code, layout is the total package and I'm really loving it.

#5311 11 months ago
Quoted from kevster:

SD #401 arrived and is all setup. I've got 5 or 6 games on it. So far, everything has been great out of the box. Really enjoying it. The audio is amazing. A truly great looking and sounding pin.

It arrived! Congrats!

#5342 11 months ago

Just had a fun moment on the Creeper mode where I wasn’t making the shots and had to blast the action button a second time to get the paper away…at the same time I was prompted to do so I had hit the mystery machine which bought me a little time so I started wailing on the button with both hands like I was playing conga drum…hah! It was a success and just as the ball rolled out of the MM mech and I made the next few shots to unmask…what fun!

#5352 11 months ago

I tried both moving the left out-post to the up position and then taking it out completely…so far totally removing it seems to give me less left outlane drains…might be worth seeing what works best for you.

#5358 11 months ago
Quoted from kevster:

Very interesting that removing it completely gives you fewer drains.

Yup…felt like with the post gone its just less ‘bouncy’ over there so the ball simply continues down through the inlane. The top position seemed to be the safest, still had some drain potential but almost always in the ‘roh’ lane. If someone really enjoyed actively nudging a lot the lower position was keeping me more alert/on my toes.

#5389 11 months ago

Put over 100 games on Scooby this weekend…kids, friends and grandparents all had a blast! Not one stuck ball or launch fail. I still have not unmasked more than two villains in a single game…Creeper and Witch/Zombie are some faves to stack with SSMB. Black Knight is a ball-buster and I would certainly recommend tweaking the switches of both the black night loop and sling to make them a bit more sensitive. Stoked for character modes but current code is keeping us plenty busy and happy!

IMG_6876 (resized).jpegIMG_6876 (resized).jpegIMG_6896 (resized).jpegIMG_6896 (resized).jpeg

#5391 10 months ago
Quoted from kevster:

As for tweaking switches, are you talking about increasing the sensitivity of the upper playfield sling?

Basically just moving the tines closer together to prompt the switch to register a hit even when the hit is very (very) light. The ring on that seemed to be a bit stiff...I may swap it for one that is a little softer to hopefully allow a bit more 'give'. The Bk loop switch was a tad off-center so I worked it to be exactly in the middle and now that shot is very fluid (still very challenging to hit). For the sake of clarity, I'm talking about the shot on the upper in the Black Knight mode that gives you your first 'brush dip'.

As for stuck balls...guess I've just been lucky so far? It will happen at some point just like it does with every pin.

#5402 10 months ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Just want to point out that the lower slings will also get you your first "brush dip". This game has some great rules. Cant to get one back in the garage!

Yes! I try for the passive sling on the upper first…if I bork that then I go for the drops.

Miss your Scooby streams my man, very much enjoyed them!

Quoted from BKPitmaster:

What multiballs are currently in the game? Haven’t had a chance to play much with the kid but when I have played I haven’t started any besides captain cutler MB.

Mystery Machine
Cutler
Scooby Snack (stackable)

#5426 10 months ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

Struggling with stuck balls on the upper playfield. The ball catches air coming up the ramp and ends up on the plastic. Anybody come up with a good solution for this issue?
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Sorry to see this…happy to take pics or video of mine if it helps troubleshoot…will connect over fb dm.

#5431 10 months ago

My pitch is right between 6.9-7ish. Here is the ramp to upper pf junction exposed for anyone to see how they placed a top plastic on the ramp and then the acrylic/plastic on the pf turn to help prevent a ball from jumping up. Despite this…if someone had a consistent ‘jumper’ a rectangular piece of acrylic attached to the two lugs above the spotlight should 100% mitigate any issues in this spot.

IMG_6926 (resized).jpegIMG_6926 (resized).jpeg

IMG_6927 (resized).jpegIMG_6927 (resized).jpeg
#5439 10 months ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Finally got around to installing the updated ball trap protectors from spooky. The instructions show 3 images (Daphne, spotlight, and barrel) on where to place them, but there are 4 plastics included, does anyone know where the 4thnone goes?
[quoted image]

Mystery solved…it was the flipper buttons all along.

IMG_6936 (resized).jpegIMG_6936 (resized).jpeg
#5476 10 months ago

Thank you Spooky! Update is fantastic!

#5495 10 months ago
Quoted from Sharkbait:

now it just forgets to launch another ball when you lock one or sometimes when one drains…

Could also be a loose/cold solder joint on one of the many trough switches causing intermittent failure…give each lead a wiggle see if any are loose?

#5543 10 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Ce # 411 landed. No problems right out of the box! Played maybe 20 games. Had one weird moment on the upper playfield where the game ended and it went immediately into the settings menu!! I’m updating software tonight and hopefully that will go away.
One thing we noticed is that the back two plastic layers on the topper really curl forward (toward the player). It was noticeable to all of us but it might also be normal?
[quoted image]

Dont do a thing…mine straightened out after a few days.

#5618 10 months ago

stumblor looks amazing, thanks for making such excellent mods and congrats on the new machine!

Big shout to the spooky crew…I recently did something dumb and compromised a part. The Spooky customer service is so amazing…Bug, AJ and Morgan got a replacement shipped over super quick and were so helpful. Thanks again guys, the pin is back at 100% and I could not be more pleased!

#5662 10 months ago

Late to update my code...been out of town. Love the new CCMB tune. 'Selective' flippers is working great and zero shooter lane issues. Only put on 20 games or so but able to start the Velma mode a few times and it's really fun...I do sorta wish that hitting the character lane locked in that character (or you could lock the character in with the action button) the slings get hit pretty often when trying to hit the drops and usually changes the focus away from Velma when trying to hit the VUK. All things considered, great update, thanks!

#5670 10 months ago

One sentiment on the butter vs non-butter, is if your sides will be on display or in a lineup… if the latter then butter may not be worth it… That being said, I was also told that the butter cabinet is the same quality finish as the playfield which is stunning! If you have the extra cash-no-object…better go butter!

#5676 10 months ago
Quoted from CletusTheSuprDog:

Number 553 invoiced today, bought direct from Spooky.
I also want to complain because the invoice was paid an hour ago and I don’t have the game at my house yet. Sad!
Ok, yeah that would be unreasonable but I am very excited
Zoinks!

Oh just wait...I found a MAJOR issue with mine...

I CAN'T STOP PLAYING IT! Hehe. Seriously though, stoked for you and you're going to love it!

#5723 10 months ago

For anyone that needs to hear it…do not drill a hole in the left pcb to accommodate the post threads in the highest position…it will short traces and you’ll lose half the game lights.

#5747 10 months ago

It's funny with having a 'match sequence' on a free-play game...I still feel like a 'won' something when I get a match! Thanks for the update!

#5752 10 months ago

Possible to add 'shaker intensity' Low-Medium-High?

#5768 10 months ago
Quoted from kezorm:

Turns out there is a shaker power level adjust. Who knew? I just reduced power to 20% (was at 50% which tried to shake the entire machine apart). Better, but still too aggressive on spinner shots. Ends up with annoying whole machine shake as the spinner winds down. Agree with others that I don't want spinner shake. I don't like it. Unfortunately I'll be leaving the shaker completely off for now.

Hmmm...not seeing it...maybe removed in this update?

#5771 10 months ago
Quoted from kezorm:

In the coil settings.

Got it, thank you!

Agree...20% feels about right for the spinners.

#5833 10 months ago

Seems like character modes are now locked in by hitting their respective lanes…with the slings no longer cycling through them? Liking this!

#5851 10 months ago

Just wanted to throw this out there for anyone who owns Scooby and is like me (not a super skilled or competitive pinball player). I recently set my machine to 'EASY' from the factory default of 'medium'. I've really been enjoying this setting...fewer clues required to start modes and a more generous 'skill shot' from the get-go...some modes are a bit more 'simplified' which has allowed me to 'see' more of the game. For anyone just getting into pinball and Scoob is your first pin...this is a great way to warm up to the rules and layout while in our case making for an overall more fun experience! I'm sure I'll switch back to 'medium' difficulty at some point but for now me and the kids are really enjoying the pure fun of 'easy'.

#5854 10 months ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Wait…..you’re in a pinball forum and your name is Black Belt.

I know I know

Like most, we're constantly honing our pinball skill and that's what makes it fun!

#5855 10 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

We love our game but the launcher issues and resetting into the service menu issues are driving us nuts.

Might sound odd...but have you tried nudging the machine around a bit while in switch test mode...like as if you were playing, to see if any switches trigger that may cause it to go into service?

#5859 10 months ago

UNMASKED! Hah...ya found me.

#5862 10 months ago

Dang...sorry to hear this GCS2000 but hopefully Spooky support can help get you sorted on both issues!

Quoted from Pugster:

I would LOVE to see a setting where you could set difficulty to certain members of the gang so newbies or kids or whoever could pick that character(s) for an easier experience. I feel like that would make for a great home-use setting where families or friends play together with better players. In my case I’d probably have one set that way for my wife, and then when we have newer players over weight the gang on the easy side.
spooky_dj any thoughts on that?
Oh and also coop!!

That would be pretty rad. Wonder if it would make sense for the 'easy/medium/hard' to be an 'in game' feature you select like right when you choose your character? This way if in a 2-3 player game there are two people that want to choose Shaggy...one can be 'easy' and one can be 'medium'.

#5890 10 months ago
Quoted from MT45:

Finally getting used to the shots and am having sooooo much fun! Spooky team, you nailed it!…

Congrats! So fun right?!

Had two firsts today on Scoob. First game to unmask 3 villains and first game over 10 mil. What a blast…SSMB, CCMB and Velma all within the game…agree with @mt45, the Spooky team nailed it on fun factor!
IMG_7170 (resized).jpegIMG_7170 (resized).jpeg

#5955 10 months ago

FREAKING SPOOKY YOU RASCLES THIS FRED MODE IS DELUXE!!!! Thanks for the awesome new mode...loving it...super creative and fun!

#5970 10 months ago

Might be cool if in phase 2 of Fred’s mode if hitting the correct shot added an extra second or two to the timer…at least in my last ‘plan’ I had 7 shots and the clock was swift

#6040 10 months ago

<

Quoted from lpeters82:

There will be more stacking opportunities in the game; but we are trying to do something a bit different as well. Most of our cases, will be getting their own unique side missions or side quests. These are mini-objectives stacked within the modes that are all themed after the episode you are currently playing. These will become much more important as we start introducing the mystery monsters.

You’re all doing an awesome job…thanks for all the thought being put into the rules, game play and code…it’s so much fun!

2 weeks later
#6377 9 months ago

Thanks for the new code and video, stoked!

#6385 9 months ago

Two things:

1. Shaggy mode is pure fun...a video mode that also requires active play/dual focus...genius...loving it!

2. New music is diabolical and a friggin barn-burner... Love it! I'd like to note that the high-frequency EQ shift on ball 3 (no treble to full treble) from the time while the ball is waiting to be plunged to active play is a subtle but immersive detail that grabs me and draws me in! Well done.

#6495 9 months ago

Idea...when in the Shaggy mode it writes a log of your sandwich score when you hit the action button? Thinking of those (like me) that dont have a way (other person) to take a picture of the screen while playing. You can then go back after your game to copy/paste the log...or maybe the pin simply shows off the top (or top 5) sandwich score(s) in attract mode? spooky_dj lpeters82

#6533 9 months ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

• Trap bonus bad math. Completing modes is tough enough, let alone hitting the Mystery Machine in that quicker than it seems 30 second countdown. If you don’t hit any of the Trap bonuses, the points say “x0”… which if we're talking true math would nullify the whole thing. But that's not really my point. The bigger frustration is if you DO hit *one*, it gives you “x1” and it’s the same points as if you did not hit any!

• No grace period on anything. Just since it's a common thing for a grace period on a ball saver or a shot to generally exist in pinball, the fact that it's not here is frustrating. A ball saver going off .05 seconds before it actually hits the trough, or hitting the Mystery Machine just before the 30 second timer runs out and it not counting because the ball has to fall into the mech and register. Even the Ruh Roh lanes are brutally tough to manage because of a lack of grace.

• GAME RESTART. OMG please implement a game restart! I know it's a point of contention for some but generally, if I'm playing solo, I don't have a ton of enthusiasm for completing a shitty scoring game. Gimme that restart option, please!

Solid points. I think about the above 3 pretty often (hundreds of games in on mine).

2 weeks later
#6854 8 months ago

I’m certainly not the first person to do this…but wanted to share the practice of using a 12” section of ‘pool noodle’ when putting the playfield in the service position. Works perfect and prevents the playfield from resting on the apron-lock hands

IMG_7717 (resized).jpegIMG_7717 (resized).jpeg

#6858 8 months ago

I love how the Daphne mode has some fun video assets to help track progress...another win for team Spooky!

#6945 8 months ago

Would love to see a mode with 'reverse flippers'(ala TSPP)...maybe if you hit the wrong shot the flippers reverse (scooby is confused) until you hit the correct shot or there is a 10 second timer until they go back to normal?

#6971 8 months ago

Villain Mode Idea: Wax Phantom

3 phases: Standups, ball locks, spinners

Playfield goes dark and you have to hit the 6 lower playfield standup target shots (the 4 'SD' and 2 magnifying glass) to illuminate 'hiding spots' for two members of the gang (in the episode it's shaggy and scoob)...each target hit could illuminate one of the 5 spots (starting with the flippers) and then the 6th shot lights the rest of the playfield. Once the 6 standups are hit...you have to 'hide' scooby and shaggy...one in the mystery machine and one in the trap door (daphne's loop)...once the two balls are hidden you need to rip the left spinner 3x (or left 2x and right 2x) WHILE SMASHING THE ACTION BUTTON to encase the villain in wax.

Anyway...just a thought...not a completely vetted mode by any means and there could be fun video/playfield light tie-ins with the illumination element...maybe flickering/strobing playfield when the spinners are ripped? lpeters82 spooky_dj SpookyBug

#6975 8 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

If only there was a villain that could hypnotize the player to do various wacky tasks: "Watch the shiny coin of gold and you will do what you are told."
[quoted image]

YAAAAASSSSSS!!!!!!

#7033 8 months ago

So stoked for anyone about to get their Scooby! The pin just keeps getting better and better with the new modes...the thing I appreciate the most is that I feel like I'm working my way through a story, I'm invested in the modes solving mysteries with the gang!

Following kevster here is my list of favorite modes in order:

Case modes:
1. Cutler: Loving having to 'prime' the shots by bashing cutler. Then trying to combo the shots in quick succession to see if I can get them all without needing the refill my oxygen. It's a thrill!
2. Creeper: First mode I beat when I got the pin. Love the use of the action button and my kids and I get a chuckle out of randomly saying 'Creeeperrrr' when not playing pin.
3. Witch/Zombie: Enjoy the side to side elimination process...great cartoon cut-scenes.
4. Black Knight: Difficult as all get-out but so satisfying when I can complete it! Love trying to knock out the Upper PF first.
5. Space Kook: similar to Cutler...great use of upper and lower PF.
6. Charlie: Looove the light show and chasing the moving shot...I sorta make it my goal to not eliminate shots/keep the moving shot in a predictable order.
7. Miner: This mode has totally grown on me...sorta tried to avoid it at first and now that I have a better feel for the pin I enjoy trying to figure out the shot sequence...very fun!

Character Modes:
1. Shaggy: As someone else mentioned (Kev?) this is kinda groundbreaking when you think about it...really makes me play pinball unlike I've ever played it before! My proof is that AFTER I'm done playing the Shaggy mode my brain is still trying to 'balance' the meter for a few minutes...so high praise for thinking outside the box on Spooky team.
2. Daphne: Love that You're in a chase/animations/graphics and trying to escape for Frank. I do sorta wish there was a 'hurry-up' shot mixed in to force the player to quickly hit a shot/get the ball moving. I do tend to try and cradle the ball and just wait for right moment (doesn't always work...so total risk/reward fun factor).
3. Velma: The challenge of trying not to wake Dracula is great...love the music and just trying to take my time/not rush...this is a very 'zen' mode to me.
4. Fred: Making the plan and then trying to shoot the same sequence is great, love the challenge and very satisfying to achieve within the time given.

No matter what, this pin continues to give me that 'just one more game' feeling....really loving the overall layout, speed and thoughtfulness put in to the code, thanks Spooky!

#7043 8 months ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Definitely unfortunate, but Spooky will take care of you for sure. Those symptoms kind of sound like a short somewhere around the flipper buttons, action button, menu buttons, etc area. I would check everything over really well for good solder joints and nothing shorting. Hopefully it turns out to be something simple, but at least you can breath easy that Spooky will get you fixed up ASAP. Sorry for the bad luck!

Just echoing this...the Spooky crew is great and has your back, they'll get you back up and running...call Monday and be sure to capture your log files to USB (in service menu) to email to service.

#7101 8 months ago

Hopefully this info proves useful to someone...I sure was stumped for a few weeks!

I started to develop what I thought was an issue with my SD (CE#398...spoiler alert...the pin is perfectly fine). I would be in the middle of a game and the machine would act like I had drained (it had not) or it would start kicking out multiple balls. OK...first thought, must be a switch issue...one must be getting stuck or a solder joint is cold/came loose or even a connector came off. Thoroughly checked all switch action/movement, solder joints, connections...rock solid, no issues! Switch test menu...working over all the switches by hand...all checks out to be correct! So what's the issue?! It keeps getting worse over time...nearly every game now...false drains and a bajillion extra balls and the answer was so simple...

MAGNETISM!

When I bought Scooby I immediately put in 7 Titan 'Super Shiny' balls (notorious for becoming magnetized, they even warn you when buying). It may not seem like it...but Scooby has a fair amount of magnets in it. I removed the Titans and sure enough they were magnetized as all heck and sticking to each other in the trough in little clusters preventing them from rolling down to the next switch...it was causing all sorts of mayhem to the pins logic! I popped in the 7 balls that came with the pin (assuming pinball life?) and the issue was immediately gone...played through a bunch of games...flawless. YAY! For context I must have around 500 plays on this machine...so, lesson learned...do not use balls in this pin that are prone to become magnetized.

For the record, the spooky crew was amazing in helping troubleshoot every step of the way...kind, insightful and thorough till we fixed it...bug even told me all the details about the next Spooky pin! (J/K...on the last one but I'm certain it will be amazing!)

Happy flipping folks!

2 weeks later
#7358 7 months ago
Quoted from JustJared:

1st weekend having Scooby...

Great assessment! I'll second that this pin more than my others brings in the kids to play pinball, love it.

With the current requirements to get an extra ball I don't even consider it a reasonable goal...I bet (hope) spooky adds in a more attainable extra ball opportunity (the reward for qualifying all 5 character lanes and then hitting the MM seems like it should be a 5 mil jackpot).

#7405 7 months ago

STOP WHAT YOU’RE DOING AND PLAY THE SCOOBY MODE NOW!!! Holy mother they did it again…creative, challenging and fun all wrapped into one! You really nailed it guys!

#7456 7 months ago

Finally had a break from other weekend projects and decided to work up a quick 3D printed Space Kook ship…will likely still sand/paint but pretty happy with it so far!

IMG_8037 (resized).jpegIMG_8037 (resized).jpegIMG_8042 (resized).jpegIMG_8042 (resized).jpegIMG_8040 (resized).jpegIMG_8040 (resized).jpeg
#7473 7 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

That looks very promising.
Let us know if you are willing to share the 3D model or print some up for others.
I don't mind getting a raw print and doing all the sanding and painting myself.
Good job.
RussM

Thanks! Yeah, totally would share the .stl…It still needs some tweaks but I think overall gets the point across well enough.

#7476 7 months ago

Lol…I am certainly not a painter! Just dont look too close and squint and it’s great!

Still, happy with how this turned out as the Space Kook mode is my favorite!

IMG_8047 (resized).jpegIMG_8047 (resized).jpeg
#7479 7 months ago

spooky_dj lpeters82 Ok…so for the Space Kook secondary mode (very fun!) I just want to make sure I’m not missing anything. 1st - Bash Cutler, 2nd - Hit all 4 SD targets/close doors on screen, 3rd - Hit center ramp 4x to complete, yes?

And the ‘clue’ targets on either side of the ramp in stage 3 will revert/undo your ramp progress?

I *believe* I completed it all but no audible ‘alert’ or Jackpot apparent upon doing so, either way…loved the additional cartoon footage and the shots are great!

#7484 7 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

OK, where did this come from? I had no idea this was even in the code.
Spooky can we PLEASE get an updated rule sheet with all of this detail on it ASAP?
And continue to update it as you go?
The video casts are great, but for goodness sake how hard is it to write it all down for us?
RM

I dont think it's documented anywhere but it was brought up on the last Twitch stream (likely uploaded to youtube now).

#7493 7 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Hey everyone,
I've been slowly trying to update rules on the TiltForum as I get free time...which tends to be in short supply. I'll try to at least add the Side Quests for Space Kook.
http://tiltforums.com/t/scooby-doo-where-are-you-rulesheet/8008

Thank you!

Can we make the above a key post? Great resource!

#7495 7 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I think it was just in the chat though, I never heard or saw Bug play through that alternate mode unless I just missed it.

Correct, just mentioned but not played through.

#7537 7 months ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

#1072 no butter paid. Can’t wait to see how far the code has come!

Yoooooo! You're gonna love the latest code compared to what you were streaming early on...stoked for you man!

#7539 7 months ago

+1 for this suggestion. Personally I love being able to play around on the upper PF and would not enjoy having it disabled. I've spent a good deal of time honing the art of using the back of the bookcase to get a 'double tap' on the lower entrance to the Black Knight loop...massively satisfying when done successfully!

Quoted from statsdoc:

Two things ...
2) Remove the center post form the upper playfield if you want it to be more difficult.

#7561 7 months ago
Quoted from alexorear:

Resonance caused by the pulse width modulation. The coil doesn't get constant power when you hold the flipper button, but instead it gets pulsed rapidly, done at certain frequencies this can be audible to some people. Electronics of all kind hum all the time but people never notice.

In this case the frequency is roughly in the 14-16Khz range. This tone is fairly unnatural and is the top end of human hearing for most Men...women are more sensitive to frequencies above 14k and our K-9 friends even higher awareness which is why we can't hear 'dog whistles'. A lower frequency, though less audible, might not be rapid enough to maintain the hold since the sine wave takes longer to resolve...however they would generate less heat since it's not pulsing as quickly.

#7567 7 months ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Guys, I'm SUPER on the fence about buying this game. Played it at SFGE and just loved it. I've owned over 75 pins but never purchased a NIB one. Please talk me out of buying this game... ;P

You'll get addicted...so yeah, there's that. You might smile more and generally enjoy the time with friends and family playing it. It's the total package IMHO...worth every penny and is packed to the gills with goodies, code and straight up fun!

#7630 7 months ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

Looking like I'm still on track to get mine around November based on payments being confirmed so far. Not going to lie, I'm nervous about this purchase. First NIB, just got into pinball last November. My biggest concern after watching so many videos (Including Bug on Twitch) is that this game seems like it requires a lot of skill shots in most of the modes and that we'll find it too difficult to be fun. Thoughts on difficulty from the self aware medicore players?
Regardless, still my favorite pinball artwork from the cabinet to the playfield.

Scooby is the total package. For me it's just an overall blast to play. Creative and fun modes with a layout that keeps you on your toes...challenging yet enjoyable. I'm an average player (slowly getting better)...I'm not racking millions on Scooby every play but I do have fun. I think you'll love it...as was suggested, you can start on 'easy' and work up to 'medium'...for sure move the left post up and enjoy!

#7638 7 months ago

Casual observation. Now that the dust has seemingly settled from all the new pins released at the start of this year I was curious what the secondary market is looking like so I did a quick tally of the big 3 pins offered for sale in market place...Foo Fighters, Godfather and Scooby. I totally understand that both FF and GF have higher production numbers to take into account but I thought the below numbers were interesting. I only counted private sales and not distros selling new or preorder spots. Again, just a snapshot of the market place from this morning:

Foo Fighters: 60
- Pro: 19 (1 is a trade)
- Premium: 27 (1 trade)
- LE: 14 (3 are trades)

Godfather: 13
- LE: 9 (1 trade)
- CE: 4
(not counting but 2 people are trying to offload pre-order spots.

Scooby CE: 7 (1 trade)

I guess I just see this as Scooby staying put in more collections when purchased and was surprised to see the number of FF up for sale. I know my scooby is a keeper and I'm so glad I took the plunge (pun intended).

#7641 7 months ago
Quoted from Hench4Life:

Got this locally at a show, but I’m sure he ships as well.

Love it...poor Fred's gotta work a shift at the hot-dog truck while the rest of the gang gets to party!

#7672 7 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Good thing Spooky fires these things up for a final QC check before tossing it in a box.
NOT!

First off…sorry about the issue, sux. 100% Spooky is going over everything before packing up pins. Most likely the (very) bumpy ride to your location is the culprit…stuff gets knocked around but you knew this.

Again, bummer. Not only is Spooky checking pins at send off but they’re gonna be on the phone with you Monday with a great attitude helping fix the issue. If it makes you feel any better they’re even gonna hook you up when something breaks and it’s not their fault…how do I know? Like an idiot I drilled a hole in one of my light boards and they replaced it for free…then I had a ball magnetism issue and they shipped me a warden board just to rule that out. They got you…you got you…we got you.

#7710 7 months ago
Quoted from Maverick87:

Anyone have issues with multiple balls during a play. Seems like it thinks I’ve drained and ejects an additional and haven’t. Ends up locking the flippers if one ball goes down.

I was experiencing this until I put in a set of fresh balls. Could be but not limited to balls getting jammed or magnetized together/stuck in the trough. They may no longer be sliding down to the next position causing confusion and the machine simply just spits out another ball.

#7717 7 months ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I went into the service menu the last time I experienced this: the trough and MM switches/optos were all registering correctly.

Yeah same. All trough switches tested correct. It's an odd issue to catch in action because the way balls become magnetized is not evenly distributed which is what makes it so random. I had to mock-up running through a game by manually pushing a ball in to the shooter lane and observe the trough to finally catch a few balls stuck next to each other. To be clear, I originally installed Titan 'Super Shiny' balls and I should not have. Once I took those out and installed the Pinball Life balls that came with the game the issue immediately went away and has not happened since.

3 weeks later
#7949 6 months ago

I would suggest either adding a shooter lane protector or lowering the shooter mech 1/8”. I put in a protector (one of the 3D print ones you can buy on pinside) on day one and have not once had a launch issue. Just for funsies I took it out to see what would happen and sure enough…ball wouldn't make it up the loop…at all. Put it back in and it launched perfect again and again and you get the point.

My theory is that the launch mech sits too high as its mounted and causes significant backspin when it strikes the ball. When the ball sits up just a little higher (as is does with the shooter lane protector) or in theory if you lowered the shooter mech with a spacer or washers it would work just fine/no back-spin…and no fork spreading needed. Hope this helps!

Quoted from discosucks:

Has Spooky come up with an official fix for the launcher issues besides the previous "spread out the forks" idea? I have fixed mine 3 times so far and each time the repair lasts fewer games. I now have two unusable Spooky games since my Halloween crashed while trying to update and now goes straight to bios screen.

#8002 6 months ago
Quoted from JustJared:

I'd love to see what are the top things people want to see in the new code...
2 things I'd love to see this code...

1. More extra ball opportunity for sure.

2. I'd love to see some adjusted scoring. I just had what I thought was a killer ball 1 and I look up and see just over 500,000.... just falls a bit flat on the satisfaction scale.

3. Rarely, if ever, in casual play will I qualify/start mystery machine multiball. I have to really sit there and intentionally spam the left spinner to make it happen...sorta feels forced and not something that naturally happens within play. I'd love to see MMM more fluidly qualified.

Otherwise...these character modes are just so creative and fun. Still loving the layout and modes. Thanks Spooky!

#8009 6 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I need at least two spinner shots to light the lock.

Solid 3 shots here to qualify. Spinners are very fluid/spinning freely like any of my other pins.

Quoted from RussMyers:

Most of the time, I backhand the MM from the right flipper and only sometimes nail it from the left flipper.
Either way, most of the time, it rips the spinner going into the MM lock to fill the gas tank 1/3rd enough to qualify for the lock with just that one shot.
Your spinners should rip like mad. Try a little PTFE gel ("SuperLube") on the spinner wire contact points.
RussMyers

No chance for that easy of a qualify here. Appreciate the idea but wouldn't any lubricant gum up over time with dust/etc?

#8016 6 months ago
Quoted from GrooTheWanderer:

I find this completely the opposite. I can start MM multiball at will over and over to the point that I was hoping each subsequent occurrence would be made harder to start! This was already done with Culter multiball in an earlier update which made it much better.

Interesting...entirely possible like RussMyers suggested that my spinners are not quite as spinny as they could be. SpookyLuke can you overnight me some of the 'turbo spinners' please?! Hehe.

#8036 6 months ago

Pirate Henchmen mode/hurry-up is really creative, nice thinking guys…very fun and it adds a really nice touch to the game! Finally got an extra ball for trapping two goobers…the audio/video fanfare for this achievement felt so incredible. Overall great update and had my most fun game yet tonight.

#8067 6 months ago

I just noticed some audio hiccups, nothing that effects game play. But happening with each game.

Overall this is really a strong update. The ability to get extra balls is really a game changer and I find myself much more invested in progressing to lite them which seems to equate to overall higher scores per game. The team is really paying attention to feedback on how to improve the code/modes and it shows.

#8069 6 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I just had the exact same thing happen again, Miner 49er mode again. I noticed that the white "clue" shots are flashing, the background of the screen is black but the character I'm playing, bravery meter, etc. are still showing and there's text telling me to hit the white shots. The Miner49 insert is yellow like I failed it and the next one up is flashing red. Eventually it kicked another ball into play from the shooter lane and I continued my game.

Literally same just happened here...continued to play the ball when it finally spit out another but Miner mode never happened.

#8097 5 months ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Hi, All!
Sorry some of you are encountering bugs; this is very odd. The code on the website is the exact same code Bug and I were playing on the stream. I'm going over logs y'all have been sending and I'll try to get a fix out ASAP.

You rule, thank you…despite the tiny hiccups the new code is awesome!

#8105 5 months ago

Big thanks to RussMyers for his suggestion on adding just a wee-dot of lubrication to my spinners…I was skeptical, but did as suggested and WOW! I can totally qualify a MM lock in one good rip now! Highly suggest this if you find that multiple spinner rips are needed to light lock at the MM.

#8130 5 months ago

Just posted my highest score yet on the new code…24 big ones…zoiks!

IMG_8362 (resized).jpegIMG_8362 (resized).jpeg
#8154 5 months ago

+1 for the faster boot time with the new code (which is now posted on the Spooky site)...much appreciated!

#8160 5 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

Is the current code on the website inclusive of the other fixes that were reported since Thursday/Friday's drop?

Seems to be. Running fine here without issue and enjoying the heck out of it!

#8165 5 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Has anyone serviced their drop target banks yet? Mine are sticking in the up position. I have not serviced drop targets before so any procedures/tips for Spooky's specific drop hardware would be appreciated!

Yes. I tightened/increased tension of the springs by pulling them down roughly an additional 1/4" or more and re-connected them...not one issue since.

#8170 5 months ago

Scoob is home...sadly he has to wait until after work...and after trick or treating. So will hopefully unbox around 7:30-8pm[quoted image]

Congrats! You're going to love it. Timing is great too with the new update it really adds a ton to the overall experience (which was already awesome).

#8241 5 months ago

Yup! I put it on easy last night and also increased the ball saver timer and went to five balls. I can actually solve more than one mystery now, haha. What button combo enables god mode? Lol

This is exactly what I did when I first got mine…great way to get a feel for the flow and where shots line up on the flippers! Enjoy!

#8248 5 months ago
Quoted from PinManV:

Gotta say, I'm pretty frustrated with my game. Since I received #135 I've fought the shooter lane. I bent the original forks all sorts of ways. Worked for awhile - but always back to not making it up the shooter ramp. Spooky sent a new mech and I installed that, same issues. Recently installed the 3D printed stabilizer mod... bent the forks again and worked for about 25 games when testing prior to my big Halloween party. Well, it went down within 30 minutes of the party under heavy play.... I'm out of ideas and patience quite frankly. Anyone got any advice?

Try adding an 1/8” spacer/shooter lane protector to raise the ball up to prevent back spin.

#8326 5 months ago

Recently had my best game yet (36mil)! This last code update really ticked the boxes on stuff I was hoping for! The extra balls really allow for extended play and the overall points seem much more balanced. Thanks again to RussMyers for the spinner help, they’re still spinning like crazy and I’m qualifying MMMB nearly every game now which feels great and adds to the progression, again…fantastic job Spooky! It’s obvious you’re working hard on the code, keep it up!

IMG_8461 (resized).jpegIMG_8461 (resized).jpeg

#8335 5 months ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Yep, same happened to mine. I tried bending it but then...messed up so I just removed it completely.

Also removed.

#8352 5 months ago
Quoted from StacksOT:

One more noob question for now. Anyway to get the music tracks off to listen to? Count D knocked them out of the park.

Just a guess since I’m not looking inside my machine. Take the line feeding the amp and re-route it to a recorder and go through each ball/track without activating any other sfx.

#8445 5 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Is there an issue with the game losing track of balls during heavy multiball play in the latest code? Have had this happen a few times and a game reboot was necessary to resolve it. The game will end the ball abruptly and kill flippers while other balls are still in play and even ended a game when I had 2 extra balls achieved. Anything to look for in switch test mode, ball trough sensors, mystery machine optos/sensors, shooter lane switch etc? Is it safe to download and install the older 9/17/23 code to rule out possible code glitches?

I’d take all the balls out of the trough and first check for any hints of magnetism…and then with the playfield in the ‘playing position’ slowly let 1 or two balls traverse the trough and see if they get stuck. What you’re describing sounds like the trough switches getting a wee bit confused…can happen in any game. Fresh set of balls and a little cleaning adjusting might be in order.

#8463 5 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Replacing magnetized mirror balls with 7 new balls immediately solved all issues with the game losing track of balls and going haywire. I played a 12M 15 minute game through most mystery modes, had mystery and Scooby snacks multiball, extra balls and even played through Velma’s glasses mode for the first time. The game didn’t miss a single beat. Scooby is sooooooooo good when everything works the way it should. Do NOT install mirror balls in this game or be prepared to demagnetize them often!

This!!!

The game is really fantastic…enjoy!

#8533 5 months ago
Quoted from EricInAlaska:

I’ve done that a few times and still get nothing. So I probably do need to adjust the sensitivity of the upper PF sling. Is that in the menu / adjustments? Or do I do it physically?

Physical.

1st. You can try to stretch the ring so that its less tight on the side that gets hit with the ball.

2nd. Lessen the space between contacts on the leaf switch behind the ring.

If the above two dont seem to help. You might try a softer more pliable ‘white rubber’ ring…scooby comes with what I believe are urethane rings and they can be quite stiff when new. So I used a white rubber ring or you might try silicone.

#8554 5 months ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Has anyone put a Pin Defender in there Scooby? I have done so in most of my Sterns and they were all pretty much a breeze.
This looks a bit more complicated with the dual rails on the right hand side of the shooter lane.
Any tips or advice? Thanks.

I did and snipped off the tab. Used a little double sided tape to keep it in place…has worked great, no issues and nothing but solid plunges all the day long…enjoy!

2 weeks later
#8811 4 months ago

Banner week for Spooky…congrats to them!

Any speculation on the next code drop for Scooby…was wondering if they might add a new mode next week?

#8825 4 months ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

I’m getting ready to load this in the back of truck and personally return this to spooky. Game is unplayable. Random lock ups, hit the mystery machine ends balls, hit Scooby target ends ball or goes into trough cleaning mode and spits out every all, locked a ball on the apron let’s cancel the mode your in or let’s start a new mode. Having a great game?! Let’s end the ball you’re on and kill the flippers, but wait as it’s draining It’ll wake up and turn everything back on.
You want to see the same case 4 times on one game I’ll do that, want to see a new case? Yes! That’s going to cost you a ball. Seriously?! For the first time I got “help find her glasses” great mode! Enjoying it. Game: you’re having to much fun… time to kill the flippers
Spooky has already replaced a warden (?) board on this game.
I don’t think I should be working on a 10k game this much

First off, this sucks and sorry to hear it.

Second, call spooky… I promise you they want this game to work correctly as badly as you do and they will do everything they can to fix it… It’s not gonna be instant, but it will happen.

#8897 4 months ago
Quoted from Phern:

What's your all's honest experience with scooby? Is it worth picking up compared to owning 90s b/w games?
I have a chance to trade my popeye (love quirky games, and love williams) up for a scooby, which looks amazing on videos and I absolutely love the theme. Just seen some negative feedback on its build quality and play so thought I'd reach out directly to the owners. Any info would be much appreciated. First time buying a modern game just nervous about getting it right vs maybe a new stern.
thanks all, appreciate your knowledge.

I'm over 750 plays (CE#398) and very few issues that weren't simple fixes (stuff that would happen on any pinball machine from any manufacturer). I'd buy it again in a heartbeat not only because the pin is fun, challenging and creative but because I've had fantastic customer service from @spooky_dj, @spookybug, AJ and basically anyone there is willing to help (Lukex2).

Pinside threads will likely have posts that tip the scale toward 'I have a problem' because this is the natural first place people go at any given time for 'hive mind' like help...this is a great thing but also skews the general perception that there are more problems than successes. The reality is that more people are enjoying fully working Scooby Doo's than have problems. As has been said before, the people who own this pin issue-free are simply just playing and enjoying it...not posting each time they have a great round or stack an absurdly high sandwich for Shaggy.

I'm a first time NIB owner with Scooby, but I've had my hand inside electronics for the last 20 years so that likely effects my perspective on what is and isn't a problem worth reporting here. FACT: ALL PINBALL MACHINES FROM ALL MANUFACTUERERS WILL HAVE THINGS GO WRONG. Look at any club thread like this one, GZ, Elvira, Galactic tank, Godfather, Foo...no pin is exempt form issues and/or needing repairs. And I know...any item priced this high *should* ideally be bullet-proof out the gate but it's just not realistic as shipping/freight absolutely will foul up what was a perfectly working game at the factory.

All said. This pin rules and is worth maintaining. I'm not really even much a fan of the theme. The mechanical innovations and interaction is so creative with code/modes that are truly captivating is what to me makes it worth buying/keeping...topped off with being backed by a family/employees that genuinely care...makes me wish I could afford/had space for a LT cause it looks like a home-run! If possible go play on location...if the pin resonates with you pick it up and enjoy!

#9165 4 months ago
Quoted from bazzles:

How many games are you guys playing before you find you need to replace them because of the magnetization?
If I start Scooby Snack MB am I also supposed to be able to stack a case on top during it? And then once I drain one from the MB it would end and then continue the case like normal correct?

At the time that I made the key post #7101 about magnetization I had roughly 300 plays. The primary issue was that I loaded Titan ‘super shiny’ balls from the get-go when Scooby arrived. The Titan site warns that these balls are prone to magnetizing and I didn’t take the time to consider that Scooby was such a magnet heavy game.

I’ve since loaded the stock balls that came with scoob (pinball life standard balls) and not had an issue.

#9172 4 months ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I had a haywire multiball the other day, a little over 400 games on our SD. So I switched out the balls the other day and have had no multiball confusion since. So, based on a two person sample the balls last between 300 and 400 plays. That's about the same I'd do anyway just because of ball wear.

So I’m sitting around 400+ plays since switching to the pinball life balls (over 700 total) and not noticing any issues at all re: magnetism. That said, it’s prob time to drop in a new set just for good measure.

Does anyone know what the metallurgy difference is on say a Titan ‘super shiny’? Are they chromed or similar that makes them more unfriendly to the magnets?

1 week later
#9331 3 months ago
Quoted from Phern:

Anyone know what type of rubbers spooky uses as standard? Anyone have experience with silicone or urethane on the game? Make it better or worse?
Needing to replace a few of mine and wondering whether to go with OEM or switch to super band etc.

I started putting Titan’s on my pins flippers a few years back and really like the feel of them. They have a new line of translucent purple bands and after putting those on Scooby a few months back I found that backhanding the mystery machine became more consistent for me. Additionally, I’m using a classic white rubber ring on the upper pf sling as it seemed to make that shot less rigid than the urethane band…otherwise I really like how well the urethane (pinball life) bands have held up!

#9334 3 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I'm not trying to be pedantic, but PBL's perfect play rings are silicone, not polyurethane.
"PERFECTPLAY™ COLORED SILICONE RUBBER RINGS" - from the site.
Titans are also silicone, Superbands are polyurethane.
RM

All good. Purely an assumption on my end…the feel of the clear rings in scooby led me to believe they were urethane.

#9473 3 months ago

So rad...is a topper with it's own playable mode a first in pinball? What a cool idea. High praise to Spooky.

#9502 3 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

GZ topper did this but then they made the special mode available via regular play w/o the topper as well.

They did? Awesome...I honestly didn't know they made it available to all...gotta go check it out!

#9504 3 months ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I don't think this is correct.

It's only correct if hockeymutt disapproves it, BallyKISS1978 questions it and F__U says 'Stooky' 3 times while looking in the mirror.

#9540 3 months ago

RussMyers and Flash71 Thank you both for taking the time to be a voice of reason, well said and I could not agree more!

Also Russ…my spinners are still spinning lightning fast thanks to your help. THIS is what pinside is about in my opinion…appreciate it!

#9731 3 months ago

Thanks for sharing! Sadly, tried to load up the .stl to print and got a 'file is corrupted' error...maybe something I did?

#9753 3 months ago
Quoted from The-Hum:

Ok... everything should work now!

Printing now, thank you so much! Really fun addition.

#9791 3 months ago

Big thanks to The-Hum for the mine-cart STL! Very fun.

IMG_0515 (resized).jpegIMG_0515 (resized).jpegIMG_0514 (resized).jpegIMG_0514 (resized).jpeg
#9835 3 months ago

The ‘planks’ were also free…starbucks coffee stir-sticks.

#9848 3 months ago
Quoted from Gazz_anderson:

SCOOBY DOO SE
Stunning Pin!
Actually love the look of the black habitrails!
It suits the darker spooky Scooby Doo theme and visually doesn’t over power the amazing art on the playfield like the 5 individual player coloured ones do on the CE (my opinion only)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! Wow…it does look really nice with all the black and I agree the overall darker presentation is really cool…enjoy!

#9855 3 months ago

Looks awesome! How long did it take to print? I have access to a 3D printer at work, I may try to print it this week. Any advice on settings? Or do those live within the file? Never used one before. Thanks!

Total time was under 1.5 hours. Our 3D printer is very basic with a small platform so I had to print each separately. If anyone at your work knows the specific printer I'm sure they could get you going quick. As for print quality the machine I'm using doesn't offer grades of 'infill' but a more advanced machine could potentially allow you to make a more solid print. Hope it works out for ya!

#9863 3 months ago

Didn't really play as Velma until recently...I find her mode very 'zen'.

1 week later
#10028 3 months ago

Had an insanely fun game on Scoob last night. In Space Kook I was able to complete the alternate objectives and then right before unmasking I got SSMB...unmasked and then by some stroke of luck started Freds mode and freaking beat it with a 4 ball 'plan' all with SSMB still running...then I pretty much drained both balls instantly during normal play. But hot-dang if that SSMB isn't the most fun little twist when it sneaks up on you in a mode!

#10041 3 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Yes…the topper is coming…and yes…it’s spectacular (if you know Seinfeld, you’ll know). [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Classic Jackie Chiles.

#10049 3 months ago

Like dnapac said…there’s no complaining when spooky sends you a beta test unit…mine was a suuuper early design and didn't even have the final video clips fully installed…just gotta be thankful to help!

IMG_0580 (resized).jpegIMG_0580 (resized).jpeg

#10125 3 months ago

Holy poop, I won the topper giveaway on Bug's Scream N Stream tonight! There might have been slight screaming....so excited!

Ah, congrats to ya! Well deserved and be sure to show us all a pic once you’ve got it installed!

#10245 3 months ago

Another day, another mod added....I went back and forth on the speaker magnet graphics for months, but finally pulled the trigger and happy that I did. Slapped the license plate on the coin door.
Don't laugh at my pathetic scores.....not a day goes by that I don't hear how SOMEONE isn't impressed in the game, ha
[quoted image]

Dont sweat the scores…really appreciate your positive posts and overall sense of pure enjoyment for playing scooby. The topper giveaway win couldnt have gone to a better person, keep flippin!

#10306 89 days ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I felt frisky… any thoughts on the blacked out speaker panel?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love it…looks great! Is that a decal?

1 week later
#10472 82 days ago
Quoted from StacksOT:

Any chance we could get an official release of the complete soundtrack? I should have asked on the stream tonight!
[quoted image]

On vinyl!

#10480 81 days ago

Yup, you're probably looking at a specialized x-ray machine. I used to work at Shure (biggest microphone company) and they had them. Was super cool to see x-rayed electronics under magnification!

RIP Shure phono cart division

3 weeks later
#10815 55 days ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

I'll throw my hat in the ring and state how awesome it would be to have the ability to play the wizard modes as separate challenge modes. It allows players that aren't great to experience them more often. So much work goes into coding them, it's great to be able to experience more than once in an (extremely) blue moon... If ever. Plus it's great for kids to be able to check them out. A separate leader board, like stern does would be awesome too.

+1 for kids. My oldest two (10 and 12) really enjoy Scooby but struggle to complete more than a few modes on their best games...for them to be able to play a wizard mode goes a long way for enjoyment!

1 week later
#11041 42 days ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

You do NOT sound confrontational, if anything I did, and I apologize for that. I haven't had the BEST week so far so when I saw the post about them going up at TPF I posted about it. BUT, your reasoning makes sense and I absolutely want Spooky to succeed so they can keep making badass games. I am always reminding my kids about perspective, and you just adjusted mine, thanks

Just one human to another...hang in there. Hope it gets better!

#11057 42 days ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Current code listed on Spooky's site is 3.11.11.
Is that new code?

It would appear to be so.

2 weeks later
#11437 25 days ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Played fine last night, this morning on about the fifth ball in a 2 player game we instantly had the same issue...ball just rattles in the shooter lane reducing its momentum.
New fork assembly installed last night didnt change anything.
Very frustrating as the game is currently unplayable...again
Going to try to tweak it into submission

Have you tried putting a shooter lane protector in? I only suggest this because I have had one in my Scooby from day one and by simply raising the ball up an eighth of an inch it seems to help with successful launches.

1 week later
#11533 14 days ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

You know the saying, "It's always in the last place you look." We'll that's exactly what's happening in Velma's lost glasses mode. The glasses will always be in the last possible place you look. With that said, the rules are written in such a way that there are clues. By shooting clues, looking at the screen, lightshows, and even sound effects; you can narrow your search. It is difficult, but using perfect strategy, you can find Velma's glasses in the very first place you look.
[quoted image]

Love this mode. Had no idea about hitting the 'clues'...would be cool if there was a pdf 'strategy guide' for scooby...I bet there's a ton more to each mode than most realize! Thanks, Luke!

#11579 10 days ago

Curious if anyone has played around with the leaf switches for end-of-stroke on their main flippers? I was observing mine when doing a general service and it seemed as though they were making contact pretty early in travel. I adjusted them so that they now make contact right at the end of their swing and it *seems* like I have a bit more power now during play…am I just imagining this extra flipper strength? Either way, after being away from pinball for a few weeks due to life stuff…I really had a blast playing Scooby again…such a fun and well designed pin!

1 week later
#11650 4 hours ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Thats the same one I used, it helped me get the ball launch issue resolved, and its UV reactive like the rest of the game.
I did not have to adjust the shooter lane switch.

Was wondering about this…so the lane protector helped?

#11652 3 hours ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I installed the protector and did some tweaks (literally bending the whole assembly to the right) at the same time. Its been a few weeks, we have played it everyday and have had 0 launch issues. I cant say for certain if it was the protector raising the ball up a bit, or the tweaks, or a combination of both, but its working 100% now so Im leaving as is.
I also like the fact that the shooter lane is protected.
We love Scooby and want it to last forever...

Thats awesome! Glad to hear it's working great now. It really is such a fun pin to dive deep on with tons to do/explore.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.50
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 14.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blackbelt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all?tu=blackbelt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.