(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,640 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by alexorear
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #224 Tracker sheet Posted by La4s (1 year ago)

Post #600 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (RnM) Posted by manadams (1 year ago)

Post #601 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (Ultraman) Posted by RussMyers (1 year ago)

Post #1021 IE Pinball streaming an early production Scooby. Posted by Morgoth00 (1 year ago)

Post #1671 Topper height measured. Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #1678 Overall height of game with topper. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Post #1792 Mystery machine scoop rejects - flipper power fix Posted by Sethman (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Backbox width measured. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

288 posts in this topic match your search for posts by bobukcat. You are on page 1 of 2.
#285 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Time to do some trimming of the drop ceiling to make space for the topper!

#334 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

This spreadsheet needs to be a key post!
Someone? Anyone? I’d do it if I could!

I've marked it as a key post, I think anyone can ask to be able to mark key posts but I forget how that works now.

#378 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Definitely a SHITLOAD of flakes in the hobby. Tire kickers, window shoppers, wafflers, whatever you choose to call them. They're out there for sure. Spookys policy and ordering system is pretty awesome. At least you have a number and based on production times, you know roughly where you stand. Don't sweat it man, you're in good hands.

You know there are a lot of people, especially later in line, that will order, pay deposit and then end up buying something else because it came up for sale and they couldn't miss out. Then they get the notice their SD is ready to go and they're like "oh shit!, I don't have the money (or the space or both)". I think this will especially happen as other games get released while waiting on SD to get built. I can see this being a nightmare for a small company as Luke described.

#387 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'm not sure what you were reading there, but I don't think he was trying to drive any particular behavior. He simply was describing a situation that happens quite regularly in the pinball world. A game is announced, people line up and pay deposits. 6 to 12 months later, some people still don't have their game in hand. A new machine is announced or a deal on a used machine comes up. A certain number of people will without a doubt cancel their old deposit and move along to the new opportunity that has arisen. It's a fact. Happens all the time. That's all he was saying. There was no negative criticism towards Spooky in his statement.

Yeah, I was really just defending the current Spooky business model, or at least their reasons for collecting full payment before putting the game on the line. I thought maybe my comment was poorly written but I've re-read it a few times and am not sure how anyone could read something negative into it unless they just don't like having to pay before production of the their game starts.

#409 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

You are looking at what Stern's "pro" version would be.
I kid. I kid.

Sorry, still too much stuff (6 drops, powder coated wireforms, two spinners, etc.) but that was still pretty funny.

#457 1 year ago
Quoted from Morinack:

I love my protectors as well, I just have to remember to use them.
All too often i pop the machine open and get the PF lifted and stop and think "DAMMIT"

I printed a P-Touch label that says "PUT IN THE PROTECTORS!!!" and stuck in on the lockdown receiver, it's not fool (drunk) proof but it has stopped me a few times.

#480 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

PWM or no, more windings equals more accumulated heat potential, especially since they can't do sub 1ms duty cycles in hold due to hardware limitations of their boardsets. Spooky has some of the highest coil temps over time out there. I thought they'd be addressing that any way they can. But, maybe The Warden has better duty cycle timing ability. We shall see.

Surely the amount of power needed for those upper flippers is low enough to prevent excessive heat on those two even under prolonged play though.

#512 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Saw this gameplay video posted by great American pinball

I didn't watch the whole thing but I am digging the vibe with the lights and music to set the mood at the start of the mysteries.

#557 1 year ago
Quoted from bakerhillpins:

Stop focusing on a single number and read the equation that determines force in a solenoid.
https://www.daycounter.com/Calculators/Magnets/Solenoid-Force-Calculator.phtml
F = (N*I)**2 μ0 A / (2 g**2),
Where:
μ0 = 4π10-7
F is the force in Newtons
N is the number of turns
I is the current in Amps
A is the area in length units squared
g is the length of the gap between the solenoid and a piece of metal.
Note, any units can be used for A and g so long as they are consistent. For example, in2 and in, or m2 and m, respectively.
As we are assuming the geometry to be the same we can drop it and the constant μ0 from the discussion. That basically leaves the effects of the # of turns and the current. The # of turns effects the Force as a square, as does the current. As they are multiplied before the square they are basically in a proportional relationship in the equation. So which has the bigger effect on the square when one changes?
The current is a function of resistance (inversely proportional), and resistance a function of gauge and length. The resistance per foot of 23awg is roughly .02036 ohms.
American Wire Gages (AWG) Sizes and Resistances
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=resistance+per+foot+23+awg
AWG wire size (solid) Area CM* Resistance per 1000 ft (ohms) @ 20 C
22 642.4 16.14
23 509.45 20.36
24 404.01 25.67
25 320.4 32.37
How many foot do you need for 200 turns on a flipper coil, and then multiply that by .020 ohms. I'm betting that we don't need many feet. So the extra resistance is small and therefore the current falls by a small %. I.e. The effect of resistance on the current for 200 turns is much lower so the current number will go down only slightly.
However, the turns number went up by 33% (800 vs 600, or 200 more turns). Thus the # of turns will have a much greater effect on the total force that the coil can exert on the plunger.

He's not saying the coil isn't stronger, he's saying (correctly) that it can't be accurate that a coil with more windings of the same gauge wire has lower resistance.

P.S. this whole discussion should probably be moved to a new thread instead of further detailing this one.

#641 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I also have to give a shout out to Spooky for the high-quality extra touches in this game. Really loved that Scooby Doo pops out of the barrel. The green plastic protectors you put on are as good a quality as clips protectors and they really pop. And they put them under every single plastic piece. I love that. Putting on plastic protectors is one of the first things I do on a new pin. The flippers had flipper covers on them. I can’t remember any other machine that came with flipper covers. And the flipper rubbers are purple and they match the theme perfect. There were some other extra nice touches. The polish on this machine was fantastic.

WOZRR, Houdini, Oktoberfest and Hot Wheels all came / come with flipper toppers, there are probably others I'm not thinking of right now.

#642 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I was thinking require a separate shot in a different area to reset the drop. The drops do not have an auto knockdown coil. Then the only time it could happen is in multiball however you would have to perfectly shoot a ball over the drops and hit the reset with another at the exact same time so it would be much more rare. Also if it happens in multiball you atleast have a fighting chance to knock it out with another ball. Already tossed some ideas over to Dylan!

It is a bit disappointing to learn the drops aren't controlled.

#643 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Or possibly add a tapered top ^ to the drop target. Lower the target to accommodate and the taper could redirect the ball instead of throwing it up to the glass. That would have to be tested to see if it would still do something similar of course but might help.

Does this (ball hitting the glass) actually bother people? I think it's cool when the ball hits the glass on the White Water ramp and even on MM when the trolls slam one against it, surely this happens on The Hobbit too.

#856 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We are looking into it today. As all of the other games the harness has been long enough I'm suspecting it's just got extra zip ties eating up slack. I think maybe when an employee was cleaning up the wiring and zip tying it to be tubed up they may have just zip tied wrong hopefully.

Sounds like we have a mystery to solve!

#883 1 year ago
Quoted from ThatGuyBo:

Still no word from Spooky on #61.

Kinda weird they are shipping games higher than your number first, did you order Butter cabinet?

#903 1 year ago

To echo what some others have said I'm thankful for the early adopters working out all the kinks and reporting them to Spooky so they can have everything fixed by the time my game rolls off the line later this year.

Spooky team, it might be time to have a bit of a "come to Jesus" meeting with the QA team.

#919 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I don't know what to say guys. I am on it I really am. I'm tearing apart the process and diagnosing how these things are getting by. I think we ship alot of really well done games but we need to reach a point where every game is perfect and we know that. We are not leaving anyone hanging and we will get it right. Believe me none of this is taken lightly and it's been front and center in the ship all week.
I think we do a ton of good things right that nobody else does and we also have a few things to work on as a company as does every pinball company. For now try not to write us off as I think we are just coming into our own with our best game ever. We improved immensely in many areas since our previous launch and I think we will continue to improve in these problem areas as well.

Yeah, shit happens. I can't tell you how many Sterns that had just came out of the box had issues where the playfield didn't sit in the cabinet correctly and / or the shooter / autolauncher weren't installed right I saw at a fairly recent show. The games were essentially unplayable but they got boxed and shipped. Every pinball manufacturer has their issues, especially on early-build games. At least we know you guys will actually do something about them and provide support.

#948 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

The issue is scale of problems. So we've had like 50 machines or so sent out only and how many of those so far have we heard of QC issues? Quite a few. Same thing happened with TNA recently, a small run, and lots of reports of problems.
Now comparatively, yea the bigger manufacturers have issues but to the same extent? Doubtful. When you have LE runs of a stern being 1000 machines, then many times more prem, and pro models, a single launch run at Stern in one month is likely outputting more machines than what these smaller companies produce in 18 months. Now with many times as many machines, if QC was same level, things would be a dumpster fire in stern discussions but really they aren't. Yea a bad machine and problems happen, but again it's proportional.

Your point is valid and I agree however there is no way Stern is making 1800 games in one month, they're good but not that good.

#1094 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Spooky definitely is not the only manufacturer with QC issues. I just received my new EHOH and it’s not playable out of the box.

IIRC EHOH had a LOT of issues when first released, I know the one our local barcade received had to be taken out of service for months until he could make it reliable enough. Hopefully you get yours up and running quickly, good luck!

#1109 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Not making me nervous, just dreading it lol. I started collecting in 2019. Our second pin was cyclone and I did a full playfield swap. It’s just not knowing what needs to be done yet to remove the upper playfield if I have to.

Dude, if you did a full PF swap there is no way you can't handle this.

#1127 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

You have tile which is the worse thing for glass. Get something rubber to lay glass down on on beach towel folded up. Could have damaged it when you had it in tile before and exploded later. He ears this happen a lot on tile floors.

He said he has tile down to put it on and never even got that far, it happens - though thankfully never to me, knock on wood.

#1297 1 year ago
Quoted from adborto:

I see your point. However at these prices everything should work out of the box. These are not issues that happen “during shipping”. I have had my fair share of problem pins and it appears to me that at least Stern has been a lot better and ironically I’ve never had an issue with CGC or API.

If you want something that works perfectly pinball is not the hobby for you. Yes prices continue to rise but I've had issues with every new game I've ever bought, WOZRR - let's talk about the LED system, Houdini - scoop and power supply, GOTG - breaks the orb plastic and drop target issues. I could continue but it's part of the charm of this hobby in a weird way.

#1301 1 year ago
Quoted from adborto:

I’ve been in the hobby since 1997. I know exactly what you are talking about and I knew someone would make this argument. At some point you need to find a way to make a *new* game without so many issues out of the box. To each their own I suppose and that is perfectly fine.

If they do that it will be a video game, the exact reason pinball almost became extinct.

#1607 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

#69 made it home. Nice.
[quoted image]

And it's not upside down?

#1685 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

All good. I only knew because I personally spent way too much time searching this thread and gallery images for that post/picture the other day… only to find it was in the hype thread.

I've made that post and the one with the overall height "Key" posts so anyone looking for it in the future should be able to find it quickly in the Key topic index.

#1687 1 year ago

Does Spooky put the metal cabinet protectors on their games?

#1708 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Watching a whole bunch of butters go in boxes!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1785 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I took this off my ACNC to see how it’d look. It would work well if I trimmed off the post mount section and just secure it to the wall. Medisinyl made it and I showed this pic to him. Hopefully he’ll design a new version for SD.
[quoted image]

What exactly am I looking for here? I'm distracted by how great the entire picture is, the sculpts look amazingly detailed.

#1819 1 year ago

I turned up the hold power at 70% and it launched the ball to Scooby in the barrel and got stuck on the bravery meter plastic. I wouldn’t get stronger coils. I turned the hold power down to 60%

Didn't PinMonk note in the hype thread that the upper playfield coils are the strongest ones already? He was suggesting they should be smaller coils like most upper PF flippers use.

#1842 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

No rest for the wicked (aka Spooky). SpookyLuke and SpookyBug drove down to Louisville after work to show off Scooby-Doo at the Louisville Arcade Expo.

That's a great show and I'm happy you guys are supporting it.

#1876 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Even before code is complete you can get feedback on average ball times, how it feels to shoot, etc.
Some initial stuff I have read is that it might be a bit on the easy side. Don't know though if that means avg ball times are long, code is still early/shallow or both.
For peeps who have their games, where are the outlane set out of the box?

I thought we squashed the "too easy" thing when they streamed the one setup for tournament play and it was kicking even great player's asses?

#1894 1 year ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Where the outlane posts are set has a huge impact on ball times. Really have to move the posts down and open up the outlanes on location, otherwise the game plays way too long. Might be too hard for casual players with the posts moved all the way down, though. Almost need a middle post setting.

One side wide open and one in the narrowest position might be a good comprimise? Then you can curse the open side like the left outlane of nearly any John Borg designed Stern game!

#1995 1 year ago
Quoted from MattElder:

I've read about some others that are also having the ball trap issue at the entrance to the blue wireform (as shown in the picture). I probably had the ball hang up there 7 or 8 times before I experimented with a fix, and after my latest adjustment I have had zero hang-ups after many games.
The fix is to bend the the wireform tine (on the right) down, to open the gap enough that a ball can't wedge in there anymore. And after you bend it down, bend it slightly to the right so that it barely sits underneath the edge of the upper playfield so that the ball can't smack the tip of the tine. It works like a champ now, and no matter fast or slow I test-roll a ball off of the playfield, it goes straight down every time.
SpookyLuke - maybe you guys can start doing this to games on the line so that this is no longer an issue.
Also, as you guys see in the one pic, I had one of Captain Cutler's arms fall off (also a fairly common issue), and just an FYI on this, it's a 7/32" nut driver that you'll need to put it back on. And some Loctite, of course [quoted image][quoted image]

This is good stuff, perhaps you could explain how you bent that tine down for anyone else that encounters this - thanks for posting.

#2011 1 year ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

I ordered over a month ago and I'm 1186 straight from Spooky. So has to be from a distributor. Lesson learned, buy from distributor..or earlier.

I bought someones spot from Pinball Star and I'm 656 but there are people selling spots for lower numbers and I'm guessing that's what happened here.

#2064 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

What is the going on with the exposed upper playfield edge?
[quoted image]

I watch the Buffalo guys when they stream new Multimorphic stuff because they are generally the first to do so but I learned not to take their opinions too seriously when they reviewed Houdini and said there was no light show or sounds that correlated to the trunk shot - ya' gotta be blind, deaf or just really biased to miss that.

#2078 1 year ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

SUPER DUPER psyched for 955- even with all these other great announcements- even with the likes of Kaneda and buffalo crapping on it- This will be the central PIN in my basement for my whole family to enjoy- and I think that's what its all about- Buffalo Craps on Alien- I have had no serious issues with mine and play it almost daily- just regular maintenance - It is fine for everyone to have there own opinions but its all supposed to be about fun- I can't wait to play Godfather and FF hopefully at Pizza J soon- Pulp and GTF might turn out to be amazing as well- this is going to be an amazing year for the hobby -

If k-hole hates it I pretty much immediatly like it.

#2119 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

On ball 3 of my friend's game he got fake multiball, the game started just kicking out balls randomly while he wasn't in a mode or anything. But early code, bugs happen, I don't judge things like that too harshly.
But it's definitely not a night-light, it's a real pinball, and as I said I did have fun. Early code or not it felt purposeful. We played Bond LE after it and compared to Scooby it was much harder to figure out what we were supposed to be doing. A lot of times when there were inserts lit on Bond but it wasn't clear why or what to do next. Scooby never left me wondering, except for not being clear on the Cutler multiball start.
Do I just bash him? There are the footprints with the targets and the horseshoe behind him, but it just started before I had made them all go out or anything, was just shooting up there, trying to get the feel for the bookcase and I hit him one more time and it started.

It's actually called "Phatom Multiball" and it's a new Mystery you and the gang have to solve.

#2328 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

Question for SpookyLuke or lpeters82
What is Spooky's policy if a purchaser of a new machine is not capable of making the more intricate repairs required to fix the machine?
Soldering , removal of upper playfields, replacement of coils and stops that have been posted in this thread.

My personal advice to people like that is don't ever buy any pinball machine - ever! I get asked all the time how much games cost, etc when people come in my house and that's always my first response, can you work on it when it breaks, because it's going to break.

#2490 1 year ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Looks like the pinstadiums hit part of the spectrum. They will make the plastics glow on Scooby, but won't show the uv artwork on stranger things

Looking at all the pictures it's really the plastic protectors, wireforms and sculpts that react to the UV light, not so much the playfield like on Stranger Things. I'll bet $20 that Pinstadium Scott see's this and makes a kit specific for this game, it may not be much different than the normal one which triggers the UV flasher via a flasher input (does Scooby have any actual flashers??) but perhaps he could work with Spooky to build some kind of better integration in, AP did this for the Water Tourture Mod on Houdini so it's certainly been done before.

#2503 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Showed my wife this game (wish I hadn't) and now she is begging me to order one as she is a massive Scooby fan. Reading reviews from some other folks on here and many are not happy with the game. They say its slow and clunky and of course the complaints about the bending habitrail ends.
I think the game looks amazing - the art is awesome. The apron mod from Back Alley seems almost a must as well.
As we all know the game isn't cheap (cheaper than JJP games of course).
How many in this thread have have been hands on with the game?

If you have any hesitation about it at all my suggestion is to wait until you both get to play it, they'll be making these for over a year and you'll have multiple chances to buy one either NIB (straight from Spooky or a Distro either directly or by picking up someone else's deposit spot) or used eventually. There is a risk you'll have to pay a price increase if you wait to by NIB but to my knowledge that's not ever happened with any other Spooky game (TNA 2.0 is a different animal) while it was in production.

#2552 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I hope they are available for a while. I already spent my mod money on Godzilla, and need to save for this beauty.

Lots of us won't get our games for months and months and don't want to commit $$$ to mods before we've even seen the game in person. I guess the good news is that if we miss out on something the game apparently still looks amazing as is.

#2592 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I was thinking that flying bats on the speaker panel would looks awesome.

This would be super appropriate for the theme and if someone wasn't working on it before I bet they are or soon will be!

#2601 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I loaded up the mystery machine this morning! Texas bound tonight
[quoted image]

Sweet! Safe travels, that's a long haul pulling that rig!

#2604 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

I'm curious if the scoring could be adjusted in the code. I know a lot of the reward in playing comes from achieving big scores. My buddy loves Godzilla because it "throws points at you".
My 5 year old loves the newer Sterns like Mando and JP and Godzilla. He hits scores of 100 million + and he gets so much joy out of seeing such big numbers. I'm sure the inner kid in us feels that same feeling. I know I like that rewarding feeling.
So when Scooby arrives and he's only hitting 1 or 2 million I know he's going to feel defeated and bummed. I think he'll lose the desire to keep playing quickly and want to jump back to the other tables.
I'm curious why Spooky isn't going the same route to give big scores and reward players with that feeling of a big score. I'm concerned the average player will lose interest like my son simply because they don't get that big game thrill.
Will people want to keep coming back and diving deeper into the game when their score makes it seem like they're not doing as well as other tables?

You should try to explain that different games have different ranges of scoring and that it's all relative. You may try to explain the evolution of scoring in pinball (6 digit displays or even less on EMs up to modern times), ff you don't want to / it doesn't sink in then definitely don't put him on WOZ or Houdini, he'll give up pinball forever!!

#2681 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

What would a surge do to harm a game? I plug mine straight into a wall outlet (3).

If the game is turned off you have a very slim chance of any damage because the games all have a complete disconnect switch in them, they're not like a computer or TV, etc. that still has power going to some circuits when turned off. It would take a pretty massive lighting strike / etc. for it to jump that switch and cause damage to the game.

#2694 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

That is where I’d be spending the day! 6 Scooby’s and the Van!

Get in the back of the van and get into "true" Shaggy mode before playing the next game.

#2717 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Is it safe to assume we wont be getting any shipping notices this week because of TPF? I was hoping for tracking on #162 by now.

Production was probably not impacted by TPF but they are also on a 4 Day week so if you don't have it by now you'll probably not see it until next week or later.

#2744 1 year ago

Are there freight company choices for shipping from Spooky? I work for a supply company and FedEx is the absolute worst for deliveries being damaged. 95% of damaged goods are from FedEx. I don’t mind paying more for the shipping to avoid them delivering my SD

You mean they aren't all being delivered in the Mystery Machine now?

#2746 1 year ago

Wouldn’t that be cool! All my neighbors would be staring. I already get enough attention, moving Pinball in and out all the time.

It would be a cool P.R. move if they did it at one or two local locations where they could have a big party.

#2827 1 year ago

Anyone else thinking the translite could be made into a pretty decent 3D print? Someone has those skills!

#2850 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

100%.
There’s going to be design decisions made on what to keep vs drop to be able to sell the pin for a price that is profitable and still provides value. Right now I feel like Spooky is leading the industry in that metric. If the BA apron was in the mix originally I’m personally glad they dropped it vs. upping the price or getting rid of other sculpts etc…

I seriously doubt it was ever planned as someting to include because it covers up the instructions and pricing cards. The apron is lower to accomodate the mechs just like the apron on White Water is lower to accomodate the ramp return. The Back Alley team just found that to be a good oportunity to create a mod that fits there.

#2935 1 year ago

Out of curiousity, what CE numbers were sold at TPF?

#2943 1 year ago
Quoted from triplemercman:

The only machine that I saw that had a license plate plastic above the right speaker was CE-0033. Don't know if this was the true number of the machine. The other five machines did not have a license plate plastic above the speaker so this is probably not a sure way of knowing if what I am posting is correct for identification. .

Interesting, you can see in this video at about the 21 minute mark that the games they do show don't have number plaques on them. I'm guessing one of the Spooky crew will let us know the mystery behind this once they recover from their Shiner Bock, Titos and BBQ hangover.

#2946 1 year ago
Quoted from randomlogin:

Woot! Scooby has arrived!
No marks on the box, top n tell intact. Haven't had a chance to open it up yet. Came right as my daughter got home from school. Now it's the mad dash of HW, dinner, baths, bedtime![quoted image]

You're going to play Hot Wheels before you get this unboxed and setup? That's crazy!

#3040 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

amazon.com link »
Just looking around for magnetic bats for the speaker panel and coin door. These might be a little large. Right idea though. Since someone mentioned it on here, I’m feeling that might be a good choice for our tastes…and cheap…allows more mods later on. Did get the Shannon…couldn’t hold out, haha

I don't think the bats are the proper shape either - the idea Green-Machine posted (it's in the image gallery) looks like the ones from the show - I'm holding out hope some modder creates and sells them.

#3044 1 year ago
Quoted from Frito539:

I did some quick 3D prints of some in different sizes and configurations to see what they would look like. This is too many on there and the angles aren’t right as I play around with it, but I think it shows the idea.
[quoted image]

Looks good - maybe a few too many but not a lot in my opinion, nice work.

#3085 1 year ago

Which is it?

#3136 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I wouldn’t do that.
I doubt your LED lights are the same voltage as a playfield magnet.
If the magnet is 20v solenoid voltage, boom goes your LEDs.
Honestly — I could go on a rant about some of the mods I see on Pinside tapping into things they shouldn’t be. Dont get me started on alligator clips on test points! Don’t be one of those guys …
rd

It's actually not the power for the LEDs in the Pinstadiums he's talking about but rather the flasher trigger input which can be as high as 24V but as Soooky just confirmed the magnets are 48v so it's still true that you shouldn't use that as the trigger input.

#3231 1 year ago

I'd recomend you search this topic for a few phrases like "stuck ball" "ball stuck" "adjustment" and maybe " contact support" though that last one will return a lot of just general comments about Spooky's support. When I've seen people post solutions to issues I'm trying to mark those as Key Posts so check the Key Post index too.

#3306 1 year ago
Quoted from Sharkbait:

First ball fell out of the right rail

There is a fix for this posted, check the Key Post index.

#3313 1 year ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Ours is #42 I think. So, it's pretty early. We had the early run boards in ours too with just one thermal fuse on the blue bank coils. The later have the added second thermal fuse. So, this could just be an early game issue and the only thing I could have imagined to break those weldmounts would have been that flipper. It broke at all 3 points and that metal was just flapping around.

Would be great if other owners can check this and see if anyone else has the issue with that flipper hitting the ball guide.

#3326 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

I will be streaming Scooby tonight with bookcase flipper spring upgrade and +15 flipper power. The springs I used are upgraded tension springs from the Scoleri brothers drop target fix kit that Pinball Life sells.
6:30pm est Twitch.tv/SlapDrain

Thanks for that stream and it definitely looks like the game plays way better with those stronger return springs - great idea and something I'm absolutely going to try when I get my game!

#3330 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Agreed. Would love a little tutorial on what to get and install. Playing the game last week I definitely felt the bookcase needed more snap to it when coming back.

These are the springs he's referring to but I don't know if he used both or just one, you may be able to just cut down the existing one to make it shorter to achieve similar results as well: https://www.pinballlife.com/ghostbusters-scoleri-brothers-drop-target-spring-fix-kit.html?Category_Code=

#3360 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Between the family friendly theme and a fairly approachable layout, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a sleeper hit among a lot of families.

I've said it many times, it's amazing it took so long for someone to make a Scooby game especially with the live-action movie being released in the early 2000s. I'm extremely happy it's the OG one though!

#3448 1 year ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Removed the ghoulish green protector on the right sling. Colors of the screen plastic are richer and match the playfield so well when not being tainted by the protector. Considering doing this with all the ones illuminated from underneath.
[quoted image]

I do like the colors of sling plastics better without the protectors but I'd suggest you put some clear washers under them to keep the corners from breaking off.

#3472 1 year ago

Maybe we need mylar over the target decals on Scooby????

#3509 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Kind of in the same boat as you. Mine is due in the late June / July timeframe and I'm having reservations after keeping on top of this thread from day 1. Don't get me wrong, I really want this pin / theme but I'm getting tired of the minor to somewhat major surgery (removal of upper playfield) that has been needed. Granted, folks have chimed in that got theirs with zero issues at unboxing but it certainly doesn't look like a guarantee. So, I'm on the fence. I realize if I transfer my deposit I'll take a hit of at least $500 but thems the breaks I guess. Again -- I'm rooting for Spooky and this game to really go the distance but one can't deny the amount of issues that have cropped up that have kept folks sidelined and frustrated (and yes, I know all NIBs do have some issues) which have required Spooky intervention after unboxing.

Yeah, if you're looking for something that comes guaranteed not to have issues right out of the box pinball (from any manufacturer) is not it.

#3606 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Thanks BOTH for the offer. I went with movers because in rearranging all my other pins over the weekend - to make room for Scooby - I messed up by back pretty bad. I didn't feel bad "watching" the movers carry this beast into the house, but if it was friends or friendly strangers I wouldn't have been able to sit out the lifting part.
Next time I will make sure and ask before I pay movers. But, if you are in the Dever area I can HIGHLY recommend using "Three Men and a Duck Moving Services" the foreman even had extensive pinball moving experience and it took them all of 15 minutes - and they came out on less than 2 hours notice.

How much can that duck lift?!?!?!?

2 weeks later
#4359 12 months ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

100% agree…it looks great, but what does it DO? Assuming it is integrated with the lighting but is it just GI, or tied to certain modes? Just not a lot of information there.

From what I've seen they replace the (fairly ugly) standard spotlights with a sculpted or printed "lantern" that has a spot light on one side to still light up the playfield. The other side has a flickering (I think) LED in it to make it look like an old-school gas lantern. I'm looking forward to seeing them in action on a game, key thing for me is that they need to do a sufficient job of still being a spotlight, function over form in this case.

#4377 12 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Ok - the lantern is straight D.O.P.E. - it's actually way better than I expected. It's brighter than the old spot and throws the light really evenly. The flickering flame on the back makes the wire form shimmer. It uses his Lolly board so it can sense switch hits and change the color of the flame on the back.

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Yeah, that looks really, really good - time to go over to the thread for that mod and let him know I'm in on a set.

#4661 11 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Because there's more downside then upside to killing flippers in mini playfields. If the switch detecting balls entering the Mando Helmet is broken, then the whole toy is basically broken. And the game could get confused during multiball about where everything is.

I agree!

1 week later
#5046 11 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Guy on fb in 300s was missing his number plaque so check you have yours.

Was it one of those show games that didn't have a plaque on them or NIB?

#5149 11 months ago
Quoted from splitcms:

They look about the same
[quoted image]

Someone else has already confirmed the are the same and even posted the name of the powder used, something illusion green.

1 month later
#5922 10 months ago

Just got the notice to pay the balance on #656 - shit's getting real!!

#5932 10 months ago
Quoted from beastmaster1981:

Hi ,
So happy 301 just arrived !!!
Unboxing now
Cant wait to play [quoted image]

The Mystery Machine crossed the Atlantic, impressive. Never really thought about how the theme would do outside the U.S., did you watch it growing up?

#5986 10 months ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Well after waiting almost a week for the freight company to finally unload the trailer that my machine was sitting on here in Denver, I'm happy to report that I picked up CE#518 yesterday and it is set up and working perfectly, best as I can tell. I've only played a handful of games so here are my thoughts regarding the build, etc. as it's too soon to weigh in on the rules.
Pros
- Playfield quality. Holy F I'd forgotten what a modern playfield is supposed to look like in terms of both the resolution and detail of the art and its clearcoat. The POS pf that came in my FF LE should be ashamed of itself. Way to go Spooky. The clear on this pf looks like it just came back from kruzman. I'm totally impressed.
- Artwork, powdercoating and audio package, incl topper, lighted speaker rings et al. A++ it's a beautiful thing and the value proposition is evident.
- Flippers feel snappy and responsive. I'm coming from the perspective of my only other Spooky pin, R&M, and also thinking about how the flippers in my TBL feel. I like these, I think they're a winner.
- While we're talking flippers, how about that bookcase flipper! Holy crap, because I'd only looked at pics and watched a couple minutes of gameplay video I didn't understand just how much you could do with that thing. It's hella fun. I can trap, toss the ball in three or four directions, catch, all sorts of crazy shit. A+
- SD's audio system is way better than what Stern provides and is easily customized if you desire. As this is not a music themed pin I think the audio sounds just fine OOTB.
- UV reactivity is so cool. I purposely set SD up in my basement in an area where I have two UV floods up in the ceiling and it's such a hoot seeing how they make the art, plastic protectors and armor react.
Cons
- OMG those black leg bolts. WTF? Looking closely I see the bolt heads are sculpted, with more rounding off of corners than trad bolts. They're similar to what you'd find on an 80's Bally such as Medusa (which were 9/16th as opposed to 5/8th but still.) Never had an issue using those old bolts on Medusa and I still do use them on my S&S so not sure if that it the cause but good lord these are horrible. As soon as they start to tighten up the edges of the bolt head start to strip. I got two installed and then ran to my parts bin. LOL I had a set of brass colored bolts from who knows what (prolly Wms IJ) and they actually don't look bad at all next to the green legs. They sorta play off the flakes in the green powder. Only thing is they are .25" shorter in length so I couldn't use them on the leg with the cup holder. Next time I order hardware, I'll be sure to get a set of proper black 5/8" leg bolts of the right length. These ones from Spooky aren't even going into my parts bin, they suck.
- Can we talk about the system Spooky devised to anchor their boxed up machine to the pallet? Simply put I hate everything about it. I don't like the fact that you cannot move the cardboard carton around with the game securely nestled within, as one can do with every other manufacturer's shipping carton both past and present. Think about it - prior to unboxing, not everyone wants to move their NIB machine around with it still attached to the pallet. Perhaps it is because the pallet might scratch your floor. Perhaps it is because the pallet adds another 5" in height so solutions we've all come up with in the past for moving things around may not work when we add 5" to the equation. (Try sliding the machine with pallet attached into the back of your mini-van. That pallet is going to hook itself onto everything. No, I don't have a mini-van but just saying.) Perhaps it is simply because getting the unboxed machine off the pallet now involves walking the machine across the bottom cardboard 'floor' that is itself screwed down so it won't slide off the pallet. So we have to walk the cabinet of the pin across the beaten up cardboard floor and off the side of the pallet. I'm def not a fan because at least when it is in its box you feel like the cardboard carton is helping to protect the cabinet as you tilt it and work it down off the 5" high pallet. In my case, when I did that yesterday two out of the four plastic feet that are nailed to the cleats on the bottom of the cabinet got sheared off. They were partially recessed into the cardboard 'floor' of the shipping box and I gather they weren't interested in moving with the rest of the machine. I didn't even notice what happened until I was attaching the back legs so IDK where those plastic feet went but yeah, I'll have to get a couple more.
and that's it! There are literally no other cons I can think of, and did you notice that nothing I was griping about had to do with Scooby Doo CE itself? Scooby came in built great, and it plays great so far. I set it to about 6.8 or 6.9 degrees of pitch and I feel like the upper PF is a bit floaty so I will probably raise it a smidge. Otherwise we're looking good and feeling good. Excellent work Spooky.
One final thing I'm curious about is this: I see when we enter our initials for a high score it is accepting a max of 3 letters, as opposed to more. I also noticed that the default high scores have more than three characters. I tried looking into the System settings for an adjustment but don't see one. Can anyone help shed light on if that setting is in there and I'm just looking in the wrong place?
[quoted image]

This is the first I can recall anyone having an issue with how a Spooky game is packed up / shipped. Are you saying the box it's in doesn't have a cardboard floor or that the cardboard floor is screwed the the pallet and you have to slide the game out with the box attached to the pallet or cut the bottom of the box off? I'm confused.

#6110 9 months ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I picked it up from an older tradesman. Always helpful!
That said, I have updated my post. I would now use a lower profile nut or go straight to a t-nut, after seeing the tight space here, just like Spooky used on the post to the right of the one that we are all discussing. The grinding above the threaded post would still be helpful for both methods to ensure that the thread is clean.[quoted image]

If you don't want to drill a bigger hole to allow for a T-nut could you possibly use a regular, non-locking nut that's much thinner, a lock washer and some blue loctite so you could really shorten the post??

#6223 9 months ago

Got the pindefender in. I was a tester. I had to cut the piece off that goes under the side rail. Used the factory cushion piece to hold it down. The side rail would not budge like Halloween. Going to do the same for my Halloween.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are you still using this protector and does it play well with the launcher?

#6282 9 months ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Is there a reason why mosfets can't be socketed? That seems that it would be so helpful for many of us.[quoted image]

Sockets are not good for high current devices, you want the best possible electrical connection.

#6357 9 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

OK, I am completely ignorant in this area.
The Warden board uses these "F110" SMD fuses.
I have no idea how they work, how to test them, or how to replace them if they pop or are they "resettable" whatever that means.
Can someone please enlighten me?
Thanks,
RussM[quoted image]

Try asking in the thread dedicated to the Warden board?

I'm not familiar with them but if they are indeed fuses you'd test them with an ohm meter just like a regular fuse, game off and preferably with all the connectors removed from the board. The difference is you can't just pull it to check it out of circuit but if any of them don't register 0 ohms they are blown.

#6382 9 months ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Keep in mind the people who are upset are much more likely to post, many of us have had flawless, or nearly flawless experiences and therefore had no reason to post issues. I am beyond happy to have this game in my collection, it is fun, and getting better all the time. You also have the added bonus of Spooky's support IF there are issues, they will give you detailed instructions (if needed) just like the mod makers do and they will not leave you hanging with a broken machine. I think you will have a great weekend getting to know you new game.

This is great advice but I have to say that I can't imagine owning 17 games if you can't do some pretty basic electronic / electrical troubleshooting and repair. To me that's just 17 ticking-time bombs. You should invest some time and energy into learning those skills, you're gonna need em!!

#6387 9 months ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Two things:
1. Shaggy mode is pure fun...a video mode that also requires active play/dual focus...genius...loving it!
2. New music is diabolical and a friggin barn-burner... Love it! I'd like to note that the high-frequency EQ shift on ball 3 (no treble to full treble) from the time while the ball is waiting to be plunged to active play is a subtle but immersive detail that grabs me and draws me in! Well done.

I just watched the video, not only is the Shaggy mode really unique but I love that they have the inserts on the lower playfield reflecting the tilt of your sandwich, really innovative thinking. Mine should be here in a couple weeks, maybe we'll have a Daphne or Scooby mode by then too!

#6406 9 months ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Given that the upper playfield has Capt Cutler skulking around should mean there is a lot of sea water sloshing around...the longer you are up there the sandwich base could get soggy, the soggy-er the sandwich the more flimsy it gets, draining to the lower playfield drains away the water and dries the sandwich out a bit. Water slowly builds and slowly drains depending on how the timers are set?

This sounds too close to the actual Captain Cutler mode to me.

#6448 9 months ago
Quoted from JohnJ1366:

Quick question if anyone knows which wire on a coil is the "resort" wire, specifically right lower flipper. Mine has three soldered connections (right has two red wires, center has single gray wire, and left has orange wire). Have a warden board issues and got instructions from Spooky.Figured out which MOSFET is bad now just trying to figure out what the resort wire is to cut. I am sure I will hear back from spooky its just that I have some spare time now.

I've never heard the term resort wire before, where did that come from?

#6494 9 months ago

Just got the e-mail from Joe that #656 is ready to ship, I wasn't expecting to get that until next week!

#6551 9 months ago

#656 received via R+L this afternoon, a few hours late but thankfully no damage to the game despite some scuffs and a hole in the box, one strap basically hanging loose, etc. The tip-detectors were fine and the guy was happy to have me pull the box off before signing off on it. Game is definitely beautiful and clearly harder than it looks on the streams (posts are in the lower positions from factory and I put the back legs pretty much all the way up, but haven't measured slope yet) and I'm flailing a bit so far but I think I'll get it figured out. Launch issues started after about 15 games, I've upped the power to 85 and it seems to be better but I can see it's not clean contact and the ball bounces in the shooter lane so I'll be trying some of the fixes people here have posted. It's not in it's permanent spot yet and I need to buy another piece of widebody reduced-glare glass but so far I'm having a lot of fun with it!!

Spooky team - amazing job and I look forward to seeing more code develop but please actually fix the launch mechanism!

#6553 9 months ago

Okay, a couple of issues so far I haven't yet figured out:

1: The skill-shots to immediately qualify your character mode aren't working: For instance I can choost Velma, let the launch go over to my left flipper and immediately hit her orbit but it doesn't qualify it. Same goes for Fred and Shaggy.

2: Several times the game has just completely lost track of what's going on and won't do anything other than the flippers will filp, music plays and it thinks I'm just holding onto the ball. This has happened when the ball was in one of the apron locks, when it was sitting in the shooter lane and once when it was in the Mystery Machine during a MB. Every time this has happened the coin door buttons are completely inoperative and the game won't ball search, tilt or anything else other than sit in a loop. I have to power cycle it to resolve the issue and keep playing. I've check the "stuck switches" when the game is working properly and nothing that shouldn't be closed is.

I'm happy to help collect logs, etc. but I can't (to my knowledge) when the coin door buttons don't work.

#6555 9 months ago
Quoted from chriscable34:

Do you have the the skill shot set to shooter lanes? If you have it set to the drops or the standups and hit the lane it won't count as a skill shot.

I didn't realize that was an option, I'll check it out, thanks!

#6559 9 months ago

I resolved the launcher issue on mine by spreading the forks as others have suggested. I just used a pair of needle-nose pliers, inserted them in the middle and pulled the handles apart, didn't take much force at all. Has worked 100% of the time since and I turned down the power as well.

#6570 9 months ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Try replacing the USB cable between the PC and Warden board. This fixed a similar problem I had whenever the shaker motor was activated. One or two others before me have also mentioned lockups resolved with a new USB cable.

I was thinking about that but it has not happened again one single time in a lot of plays today, knock on wood but it appears to be resolved on it's own.

#6572 9 months ago
Quoted from Titokombo:

Does anyone else have a significant amount of drains down the middle from the Velma horseshoe? I really like the mode "find Velma's glasses" but darn it if I don't end up draining fairly regularly. Curious if it's just my machine and if I should think about making some subtle changes to the ball guide.

This is a major problem with mine, a fast shot to the right Velma orbit is going SDTM every damn time. I've triple checked level and according to the app I use I'm at 7 degrees slope. I'm considering moving the game back to being very slightly un-level just to see if I can resolve this as it's extremely frustrating. I've already turned the flipper power down as much as I can without getting too many center ramp rejects.

#6668 8 months ago
Quoted from number_runner:

This is happening to us as well. The game gets lost, and you can't even tilt out to end the ball.

Looks like they've pulled the latest code from the support site, it now says "awaiting bugfix".

#6670 8 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Non-owner here. Curious if anyone purchased the standard or BSE model. Personally, I thought the Mystery Machine decal was awesome. Would love to see an actual picture of it.

According to this tracker at least a few people have ordered the BSE but it's gonna be a while still before they receive them: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UU-6p9o2M0LIsPZ3J1iiP945FzTDcZKnH1UYVkvWDQU/edit#gid=0

#6671 8 months ago

None of the LEDs on my upper playfield turn white, when they are supposed to be they are kind of an orange color which makes me believe one of the colors is out on the entire upper PF. Anyone else seen this happen? I'll try calling Spooky in the morning to see if they have a simple fix.

#6679 8 months ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Funny because I am a CE owner and was just coming here thinking to ask that same question!
On first ordering one of the features listed for the CE was the powder-coated ramps, and the custom scuplts etc., now looking at distributor websites it looks like the Bloodsucker editions might just ship with a playfield that is identical to the CE? To be fair Spooky never really revealed a stripped-down version of the playfield to order from, is it the case that the lower version will basically only be missing the art, powder coating, and topper?
At the rate orders are going - I bet more than half of the games will be 'Collectors Edition' and it will be a rarity to come across games with the mystery machine decals. Frankly Id like to see one!

This was hashed over in the hype thread a lot but I realize that was months ago so here is the feature matrix again. It sounds like the BSE will have metallic flake powder coat on the rails, lockdown, habitrails, etc. and won't get the sculpts, topper, figures on the game and will also have basic flipper-protector armor instead of the laser-cut ones the CE gets. Oh yeah, no color-matched coin door according to this either.
feature matrix (resized).pngfeature matrix (resized).png

#6685 8 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Use the all led test… they should be a cool white color. Swap the led a and b network cables on the side of the warden board and repeat the test. Not all lights may light, but you can see if the color shift follows the warden connector, or the string of lights.
I had the lower pf do similar - and with similar testing we confirmed it was the warden board at fault.

Thanks for this, I did as you suggested but the upper PF was completely dark. I swapped it back, powered it up and now all the LEDs are working properly again - I'll see if that holds up or. I appreciate the help!

#6697 8 months ago
Quoted from curban:

I adjusted my left flipper angle today to make it equal to the right and so I could backhand the left spinner.
What the heck is up with that flipper assembly!? Loosening the flipper was fine by loosening the lock nut. Retightening…had to get an Allen wrench to the back side of the ‘grippy claw’ where there’s barely any room…while tightening the lock nut. What a pain in the neck that was! Unnecessarily complex and my fingers aren’t even that fat!!! … … …
… … … or what did I do wrong?

I'm pretty sure those are just standard WPC Flipper Mechs, people have been dealing with that issue for a very long time and yes, it can be a pain in the ass especially if there are a lot of other things around the flipper. The rounded allen head drivers can help but you have to be sure not to strip it out when using them.

#6701 8 months ago

Yes, the original WPC design uses an Allen head bolt but somewhere along the line someone changed the design for some of the replacement assemblies with the bolt that is flat on one side and no longer requires the hassle of the allen head. It's interesting that Spooky isn't using this design because if you search for WPC Flipper Assembly at all the major suppliers they show the newer style.

#6709 8 months ago
Quoted from GhostKingG21:

Anyone else getting their ball not getting detected after going up the left VUK to the servo arms? eventually the game does a ball search and servo does its job releasing the ball, but it takes a long time... completely ruins a few timed modes like Fred's make a plan...

Sounds like the left ball lock opto isn't registering, test it in switch test mode.

#6712 8 months ago
Quoted from PinFever:

if the price was fair , everyone may have chose a Butter cab but like Stern pricing The Butter Pricing Jumped the Shark !!

I think it's because they really don't want to do them as they are a LOT more work, the supplier can't keep up with demand for large numbers of them, etc. BUT if you're willing to pay $$$ for it and wait longer they'll do it.

#6713 8 months ago

I think we need at least one more way, other than Super Jackpot in Mystery Machine Multiball, to earn an Extra Ball in this game. Maybe something like total number of Scooby Snacks earned and then make it adjustable in the settings, or maybe if you qualify all members of the gang to their highest level?

#6729 8 months ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Good ideas and I agree it’s always fun to have more than one way to earn an extra ball. Maybe have it so you earn an extra ball if you successfully unmask “X”amount of villains.

Great idea, better than the Scooby Snack idea I had, though I think both could work.

#6736 8 months ago
Quoted from kevster:

Is there a way to delete a high score? No idea if that's at all typical on pinball machines. Would love to explore some of the more in depth scoring mechanics in the game with the glass off, but my scores are currently so low, I'm afraid any fake scores would be in there for a long time haha
Now that I think about it, would powering it off before putting in your initials prevent that high score from saving? I would experiment with that on my own, but I'm out of the country and won't be home for another two weeks still

There's no way to delete a single score but you can reset all the high scores to factory defualt in the System menu.

#6737 8 months ago
Quoted from VoodooPin:

Did something change with the code and the flippers or did I not notice it before? It seems like after the new code the upper and lower flippers dont respond at the same time like the used to(or I thought they used to). As of the new code the upper playfield flippers require a full press of the button for them to fire. You can now press the flipper buttons halfway and the upper playfield flippers wont move. Its only once you fully depress the button do the upper playfield ones move.
I am not complaining, just curious if it has always been this way and I am just noticing it, or did it recently change. I am adjusting to it, but like the old way better.

No change here, they're staged flipper buttons so I expect staged activation. This is a great thing because if you have balls trapped on the bottom flipper(s) during MB, and you're good enough, you can hold them there while still flipping the top, at least a time or two.

#6746 8 months ago

The new Daphne mode is fun and very challenging, I've had it down to one shot twice now but by then it's moving so quickly and I haven't deciphered any pattern to it. Hopefully the tutorial on the stream tonight gives me some pointers!

#6749 8 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

I believe you can hold the action button to stop the shot from moving, if you wanna go for the one-handed shooting!

Yeah, I gotta try that one!

#6753 8 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Yes, that was the main focus of the quick update.
Everyone should play the crap out of this newest code to see if it's gone/squashed.
RM

I've probably played 10-12 games on it, including my new GC when I was one-shot away from saving Daphne (again), and haven't seen a single ball tracking issue. I've had modes stacked with Scooby Snack MB, etc. so-far, so good on that. I have seen two other bugs though and they aren't unique to this build:

1) The right outlane doesn't always award ball-save when the skull is flashing. I know the switch works because I tested it with a ball and it is VERY sensitive. I belive I've seen this mentioned by other owners previously but I haven't searched for that ye.

2) Sometimes when I start a game, select and player and hit the action button to select them I don't get the option to choose any skill shot. Nothing is flashing red and basically you get no skill shot and like it! At first I thought maybe a very sensitive switch was being triggered but the score is still 0 so I don't think so.

#6757 8 months ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

The skull insert is a ball save the third time it gets activated during a game.

Does the insert turn solid when it's enabled? I swear I've seen ballsaves with it both flashing and lit.

Here's another question about the newest code. Has the fuel gauge always reset between balls or is that new, it seems new to me? You'll have lock lit (doesn't seem to matter if it's to qualify lock 1, 2 or 3), not lock the ball and when you drain it resets to the lowest postion based on how many you have locked: empty, 1/3 or 2/3. I'm trying to think of any other game I've played where enabled ball locks don't carry over.

#6765 8 months ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Thanks to everyone who joined in tonight to watch the stream!! It was seriously a blast and I can't wait to stream scooby again.
I'll have it posted on YouTube tomorrow in case you missed out.

Good times, learned a few things during it - like how hitting the shots on the upper PF slows down Frank during the Daphne mode. Maybe I'll actually be able to save her now. This is my first Spooky game (almost bought ACNC several times) and I'm really enjoying it!

#6767 8 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Agreed with the Skull ball save.
As far as locks not staying qualified, can't say as I've noticed.
A clean hard hit to the right hand spinner seems to get the gas up 1/3rd most of the time and grants the lock on one hit.
RM

I'm gonna have to downgrade mine to the last code and see if I'm right or just imagining things. But can you think of any game where once you qualify a lock, that lit lock shot doesn't hold over until your next ball if you don't earn it?

#6776 8 months ago

Speaking of character modes, do we know how it decides which one to start if you have more than one qualified??

#6780 8 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I think it is difficult mainly because the drop targets reset each ball. I frequently try for character modes only to drain after knocking down most of the drops, then having to knock them all down again on the next ball. I don't think they are controllable to remember which were down each ball?

Correct, the drops are not controlled so they can't be dropped to there last position, which is why they always reset when a ball starts.

#6781 8 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Yep the last one you qualified. You can switch it by shooting another character lane.

I don't understand the second part of your statement, do you mean by qualifying yet another one?

#6786 8 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I'm gonna have to downgrade mine to the last code and see if I'm right or just imagining things. But can you think of any game where once you qualify a lock, that lit lock shot doesn't hold over until your next ball if you don't earn it?

I did try this, I downgraded to the 7.12.19 build and the lock qualification behavior is the same, it resets between balls so if you don't lock it when it's lit you have to re-light it on the next ball.

#6790 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I'm not thinking real deep on this one, like not thinking why the drops should or need to reset after multiball or modes or whenever they reset, but how about something with hitting the action button on the lockdown bar to prevent them from resetting. Maybe you earn some way to override them from resetting?
I'm thinking I only want them to reset after I've knocked them all down, or at the start of each ball, but again, not thinking too much about why that'd be a bad thing.

I don't think they reset unless you start a new ball or if they are all down and you hit the hole behind them.

#6806 8 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Just a little reminder for people to keep things in perspective, some Godzilla and Rush owners have had multiple failures of Node Board 10, with this the result. (I have both a JP and a GZ, and have not had this issue myself).
Every company has issues.
RussM
[quoted image]

Someone let the magic black smoke out!

#6849 8 months ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Just wanted to ask the Scooby crew if anyone collected the extra ball during MM multiball yet? I was close yesterday as I had all the character shots maxed but I ended up missing the MM shot to collect it…but for some reason Scooby said “Extra Ball” before I collected it in the MM lock but I definitely didn’t get it. I kind of wish once you collect all the character supers you can restart the process to try for the extra ball again and not get locked out if the first phase. Either way I really like that carrot to chase during MM multiball and hopefully Spooky can add a carrot to chase in CC multiball like maybe X amount of triple jackpots.

Not even close, I'm not a great multiball player as I tend to flail away instead of being able to control. That Scooby shot is especially elusive to me during MB.

#6852 8 months ago

Duplicate, sorry.

#6853 8 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Bummer of a place to get a ball stuck when you're finally having a decent game! After a couple of ball searches it did kick another one out and game (it was ball 3) ended as soon as one drained.

#6866 8 months ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I finished moving my outline posts tonight, and now have the option of very quick, top-side only adjustments. There are two styles of posts, the plastic one can be used with two different sizes of rubber in the lower position. This gives a pretty good approximation of a center position. I have photos below of the exact parts I ordered from Marco, I presume PBL usually has similar parts. Maybe they were out when the games first started being assembled, I can't think of another good reason to use hardware that interferes with the light boards. Now every post-hole has a blind, 6-32 nut. I did have to chase out one hole with a 3/16 drill bit, but only with my fingers. I belive it had some clear in it.
My main issue was cheap drains from low speed balls exiting the drop targets. I no longer have them. Sloppy play will still easily send balls out of either side, this isn't charity pinball. But not being punished for knocking down drop targets makes my machine much more fun. With the metal post in the top position, you must have 3/8 rubber, or it will be charity pinball...
I used an ingenious tool that I bought earlier this year that is made to adjust pistol sights to drive the T-nuts in. The brass part is the punch, and you just pull back on the spring to hit the punch. It saves your fingers, and you aren't swinging a hammer around delicate pinball parts. I've used it on another machine to drive a flipper mech pin that fell out. No way I could have done that with a hammer and punch in the machine.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm intrigued by this idea of the plastic post in the lower position, did you just slide that over the mini-post? If you have a picture of how you installed it I'd really like to see that. Using the T-Nuts and mini-post I moved mine up last night, I agree that with the same size rubber the outlane is now too forgiving. I used a small hammer and a socket to knock the T-nuts in, the wood is soft enough that you barely need to hit it.

#6883 8 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Yeah, was just something I hadn't noticed before, just realized it when testing my spinner tweaks. Will just make sure I have a lock qualified every time before I start a monster mode and it should be fine. Or I could also get better and not drain so often....

I've brought this up a couple of times, including as a comment on one of Bug's game streams but no response so far. I've been trying to think of other games that don't save your lit locks when you drain, haven't come up with one yet. I'm curious if it's actually intentional. The out of gas call-out only happens when you drain down to one ball during MMMB.

#6921 8 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

A friend of mine is having some issues with the display on her Scooby Doo.
The screen suddenly looks really too blue.
Tried reseating the cables, even changing the HDMI cable for a different one, same thing.
Colors were previously OK.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If she has a laptop with HDMI output she could hook it up to the monitor to see if the problem is the display or the computer.

#6972 8 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

It would be more intuitive to use the lockdown bar button.

They've explained that using the action button to lock villians would interfere with other plans they have for using that button.

#7061 8 months ago
Quoted from kevster:

I just started noticing something on my machine that I haven't read about here in this thread. Don't know when it started, but I noticed it two days ago:
All cases only require two clues to start now. Used to be that the first case required two, second required three and so forth. I checked the difficulty settings in the menu and they're still at medium. Was this an intentional code change that I missed? A bug? Anyone seen this happen in their game?

Mine has been like that as long as I've had it so maybe code changed at some point?

#7110 8 months ago

Anyone come up with a good fix for the fast Daphne loop shot going SDTM? I've changed the pitch on mine a little between 7.0-7.2 and have triple-checked that it's level side to side with no luck.

#7113 8 months ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I have the same issue if the ball dribbles out of Daphne loop. If I shoot the Fred loop I don’t have any problems.
Drives me crazy when the upper side sling shoots the ball up halfway and down it comes SDTM.

I only have the issue on a really, really fast shot to the Daphne loop. Occasionally a hard slap save will work but unless the trap drop is up it's going SDTM like a rocket. Medium speed shots are no problem.

#7140 8 months ago
Quoted from aztarac:

#805 has arrived! Shipped by Magnum Trucking on Monday and they called yesterday to schedule a delivery time this morning. Had to get back to work, so only had time for a couple of games, but no issues on those few games.
One thing I did notice, and I need to Scooby Doo this a bit tonight, but can someone tell me if the LCD screen is mounted directly to the metal speaker panel, or is there a piece of plexi between the LCD screen and the speaker panel? I noticed right away some pretty significant scratches on the screen/plexi. Looks like something was stacked on top of it. Also noticed some pretty good scratches from being wiped with a dirty rag/towel at the factory. If its just a piece of plexi, no biggie, I'll replace it. If it's the screen that's gonna be a different issue.

LCD is mounted behind the insert in the speaker panel.

#7166 8 months ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

An update to the discussion earlier about me and someone else not noticing the shaker. Sure enough, I went into setting and the shaker was turned off completely. It was turned off overall, and also the settings for spinners and cutler helmet bashes. I also noticed the knocker was turned off.
I find it odd that features of a higher end model (shaker, knocker) are turned off completely by default. Have never seen that on Stern or JJP. No harm, all enabled now. So if your shaker isn't shaking, go into settings and turn it on.

They were enabled on my game.

#7240 7 months ago
Quoted from zacaj:

active all the time
not seeing any flutter in the test

Clean the leaf and EOS switches.

#7269 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

Anyone here get the Scooby Doo phantom lanterns mod from Stumblor? He makes great stuff. How do you like them?

They're really nice but I still have issues with mine flashing random colors out the bottom when you try to turn that LED off in settings. I haven't followed back up with him on the issue as I've been busy but that's my only complaint.

#7365 7 months ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Ok. I’ll try not to direct my anger at Joe. I don’t know him the way you do. Although I’ve bought many games in my 20plus years of collecting pins, I’ve never bought anything from him. So, let ask you this: if my game sits on a truck over the long holiday weekend in the Florida heat, do you expect it will be damaged as a result. I’m optimistic that I’ll get the game sometime next week. But now I’m worried about heat damage. It gets pretty damn hot in the back of a truck in these Florida temps.

Kinda strange, I bought mine from Joe, live in the same city as you and it was delivered perfectly by R+L.

#7404 7 months ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Any word on what’s in the code update? I know scooby mode should be in there, but anything else?

I downloaded and installed it about 30 minutes ago, the change-log says Daphne mode instead of Scooby mode. I haven't watched the stream yet but I started Scooby's mode three times and had no idea in hell what was going on. The on-screen instructions should be clearer IMO. The first time I started it I lost the ball pretty quickly but the second two I played for a while until all the drinks were gone. I'm sure I'll understand it after watching the video but I think anyone who casually starts that mode is going to struggle mightly to understand it, maybe that's just me though.

#7411 7 months ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I have lost track. What character modes are still remaining to be developed, if any?
Other major code to be developed?

With the latest code all the character modes are done. Bug mentioned in the stream that completing all of these will be how you enable "The Gang's All Here" Wizard mode, which hasn't been released yet. Then there will be the "Would have gotten away with it" Wizard mode for successfully unmasking all the villans. They've hinted at a lot of side missions and some additional villans (specifically the clown who hyptonizes everyone and the Mummy that keeps saying coin, coin) so I expect to see more and more added for probably a long time. It's pretty great now and both of those wizard modes are going to be HARD to get to for me, I'm loving it.

#7414 7 months ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

We absolutely hemmed and hawed over the best way to describe the mode with limited space. FYI, if you hold both flipper buttons, you'll see secondary instruction text in modes that have it. But even using that, scooby mode is difficult to describe concisely. But we will definitely be revisiting the instructional text!

I can see what a challenge it is to present instructions for such a complex mode. The best way would probably be to have a short set of animated lead-in pages showing the lanes, the roaming shot, and the milkshakes, etc. but I understand that's a lot of work. Maybe put text on the existing screen letting players know about holding down both buttons to get more information when it starts? This is definitely going to be the hardest character mode to complete, at least for me, I'm not great at hitting those Scooby lanes from the bookcase flipper. This also gives me something to keep going back to play and work on, I like that kind of challeng, Great job Spooky team!

#7420 7 months ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Extra Ball! Extra Ball!. lol. I know there is one extra ball but I think the world is underestimating my ability to drain.

Agreed, it needs a relatively attainable way to get an E.B. and settings to adjust or disable it.

#7425 7 months ago

There's still a problem that if a ball that goes into the apron lock on the right bounces up a bit and then settles back into the lock, the game will kick it out and then kick out another ball into play via the shooter lane. The lock optos need to be severly de-bounced on that side. I might try a tiny bit of foam on that apron lock to try to stop the ball from bouncing so much until they can get that one fixed.

#7429 7 months ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Mine does not do that

It doesn't do it everytime, just when the ball bounces up enough to close the exit optos and then settle back down into the lock.

#7440 7 months ago

Can someone point me to the "official" method for reporting bugs to Spooky? I had my best game ever earlier but encountered a bug (I think) during Milkshop - the jackpot shot was still roaming around the upper PF because I missed it when I got the ball up there, but the bookcase flipper was not active so there's no way to hit it. I'll watch some more of the video to make sure this isn't just to taunt you for missing the shot before I report it as a bug. I also encountered a ball-tracking issue, single ball play, no locks lit but the Mystery Machine was lit to start my fourth mode. I made a solid clean shot into MM, I could here it kick it up but then the game just lost the ball. Ball search for a while and then kicked out another one. I put that ball into the MM and I ended up with 2-ball multiball.

#7442 7 months ago
Quoted from usafstars:

[email protected] Put “code bug” in subject line. Haven’t played the new code yet, not sure if it’s a bug or acting normal.

Are we supposed to attach logs?

#7486 7 months ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

I dont think it's documented anywhere but it was brought up on the last Twitch stream (likely uploaded to youtube now).

I think it was just in the chat though, I never heard or saw Bug play through that alternate mode unless I just missed it.

#7557 7 months ago
Quoted from JustJared:

What causes the flipper whine?
Any expert answers? Just wondering.

Simple answer is the PWM (how the flipper power is pulsed) creates sound waves in the human audible spectrum.

#7562 7 months ago

I see Charlie and Bug are doing a Facebook live today at 5:30 Eastern, 4:30 Central - do you think we're gonna get a next game reveal / announcement?

#7588 7 months ago

I noticed last night that the metal ball guide on the left of the upper PF, where the ball will roll down if you don't have the bookcase flipper engaged, is broken and vibrates when the flippers flip. I checked it out and it's broken off at two of the weld points. I made sure my BC flipper doesn't hit this when I got the game so I'm not sure how or when this happened. Will call Spooky on Monday and see about getting another one.

1 week later
#7690 7 months ago
Quoted from triplemercman:

Question for all owners of Scooby - anyone that has had the plunger issues in the past, has anyone tried installing the Ninjacamp Mods plunger stabilizer? If so please report if this mod fixed any plunger issues on your machine. I’m #1179 and will be paying soon for my machine. Trying to weigh in on if I need this mod or not for a new pin install. Thanks for any feedback on this mod.

I've posted this earlier but I found that spreading the tangs a bit with a pair of needle nose pliers solved all the problems, I've not had a single launch that's not perfect since.

#7725 6 months ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

This thread is just too high in posts to try to find but I was looking at the tracking list someone started and there’s a huge gap from numbers 1200-1600 (maybe off numbers or spacing). Is the plan for spooky to make those and they just go to distros? Hard to believe it goes hundred of lines with no one putting in their name if they’re even 30-40% sold

A link to that tracker is in the Key Topics index on this thread.

1 week later
#7807 6 months ago
Quoted from CurtisC:In regards to the speaker hisssssss....
I found that mine was mainly caused by the HDMI board on the stock monitor. I replaced the 1/8 stereo phono to stereo RCA cable with a shielded version, and added a HDMI audio extractor (both from amazon). the cable did help, but didn't remove the majority of the hiss. I have lots of short hdmi cables, so i just used one i had.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084RN22MW - audio extractor
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BWM59LST - cable

I get a lot of noise too and, like you, changing the amp and game volume only partially helped. Can you better explain the changes you made? I haven't fully tracked down how the audio is connected but I did reseat the one that plugs into the small board on the back of the monitor, which also helped a little bit. Did you insert the audio extractor between the computer and monitor and then run the new cable down to the RCA inputs of the AMP?

1 week later
#7874 6 months ago

Shouldn't we be just about due for another code update???? Pretty please???

#7899 6 months ago
Quoted from kevster:

Since I raised Scooby from 6.5 to the recommended 7.0, the right orbit has been...a struggle. Solid, accurate shots to the inner right orbit will often exit the outer orbit and just drain. Also, when the MM kicks out a ball, it will occasionally do the same thing. Punishing poor shots is one thing, but now I feel like I'm being punished for accurate shots AND instances where the game is simply putting the ball back in play.
Anyone else experiencing this?

Fast shots to the outer Velma loop go SDTM on mine, the only way to save it is a hard nudge / slap-save and even that fails most of the time. I'm going to see if I can adjust that ball guide when I pull the upper PF for a good cleaning.

1 week later
#7959 6 months ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:More extra ball opportunities are coming in the next update, and future updates will be expanding upon that even further, including settings to tweak when the EBs are qualified.
Most timed shots should have some amount of grace period; though some can't be graced (when a mode change occurs after timeout, for example. However in those cases the timer on the display should actually hang at "0" seconds for about 2 seconds before time is *actually* up). If there are specific places you think we overlooked, feel free to shoot me a message!
We'll definitely get more 'ghouls on parade' mixed in somewhere, somehow.

The right lane shots on the upper PF really need some grace timers built-in for Scooby mode! When those are your lit jackpots you can hit the shot perfectly but the red arrow will have moved, maybe even two spots, by the time the ball actually rolls over the associated switch because it's so far away from the lane entrance.

#7986 6 months ago

Picked mine up a couple of weeks ago. They work well enough. They actually roll-up which surprised me. Photos make you think they are a thicker stiff plastic. This explains the affordable price though. No complaints.

How do you roll them up, I have a set I use all the time but can't see how they would roll up in any meaningful way. I just stack mine together and stand them on end inside a closet.

Edit: For any game that has art / mirror blades I affix a P-Touch label that reads DON"T LIFT PLAYFIELD WITHOUT PROTECTORS to the lockdown bar, just so I don't forget them when working on the game.

#7989 6 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

What qualifies extra ball now?

You earn an extra ball if you complete all the jackpots in Mystery Machine Multiball. I've never even been close to completing them all.

#8005 5 months ago
Quoted from JustJared:

I'd love to see what are the top things people want to see in the new code...
2 things I'd love to see this code.
1) Extra ball opportunity
2) one of the mini-wizard modes for completing characters/mystery modes
Add-on #3) Daily high scores for my kids.
Overall, I'm super happy with how Scooby plays and is progressing. I sold my Bond premium to pick up Scooby. No regrets. Scooby fits the family better and is more fun to play. Bond is definitely deeper, but it's not always about that.
Keep up the great work Spooky.

1) Inlanes coded
2) Mystery Villain or two
3) Longer grace period on the right upper playfield shots
3) Scoring balance - Charlie the Robot is worth more than the Black Knight even though it's so much easier to complete.
4) Longer ball save for Scooby Snack MB.
5) Disable the secret passage magnet during Miner Forty niner, shots into there will count as one to the mystery machine and reset your progress towards opening the safe.

#8006 5 months ago

Duplicate - sorry

#8007 5 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Most of the time, I backhand the MM from the right flipper and only sometimes nail it from the left flipper.
Either way, most of the time, it rips the spinner going into the MM lock to fill the gas tank 1/3rd enough to qualify for the lock with just that one shot.
Your spinners should rip like mad. Try a little PTFE gel ("SuperLube") on the spinner wire contact points.
RussMyers

I need at least two spinner shots to light the lock.

#8015 5 months ago
Quoted from GrooTheWanderer:

I find this completely the opposite. I can start MM multiball at will over and over to the point that I was hoping each subsequent occurrence would be made harder to start! This was already done with Culter multiball in an earlier update which made it much better.

It certainly takes more spins to qualify lock after you've started MM MB, what difficulty level is your game set to?

#8034 5 months ago

I couldn't watch the stream tonight, hopefully it's uploaded by morning. Can't wait to see what's new Scooby Doo!

#8043 5 months ago
Quoted from VitoD1981:

What pitch does everyone have their machine set at for this game?

7 degrees.

#8045 5 months ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Hi All - started having trouble with the upper left (bookcase) flipper not working. If I go into settings and do the coil test it does move, but when playing, nothing. Any ideas - I did update to the newest code version last night, but same issue. Any thoughts on a fix would be appreciated!

Check the settings to make sure you don't have it disabled when the ball isn't on the upper playfield.

#8059 5 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

So, is there a consensus that Scooby is the best Spooky pinball machine made so far? I haven’t played it yet, but it seems to be popular!

Well, you're asking on the Scooby club page so I think I can anticipate the answers you'll get here.

#8061 5 months ago

Ran into the first bug in the new code: Nothing particularly interesting going on, had Miner 49er lit, hit the scoop and it played the intro video for that mode but the playfield lights were still like normal and the accompanying audio ("It's the Miner 49er!") didn't play. Never started the mode and never kicked a ball out. Went into ball search so I pulled the logs and reset the game.

#8066 5 months ago

Same mode or a different one?

#8068 5 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Ran into the first bug in the new code: Nothing particularly interesting going on, had Miner 49er lit, hit the scoop and it played the intro video for that mode but the playfield lights were still like normal and the accompanying audio ("It's the Miner 49er!") didn't play. Never started the mode and never kicked a ball out. Went into ball search so I pulled the logs and reset the game.

I just had the exact same thing happen again, Miner 49er mode again. I noticed that the white "clue" shots are flashing, the background of the screen is black but the character I'm playing, bravery meter, etc. are still showing and there's text telling me to hit the white shots. The Miner49 insert is yellow like I failed it and the next one up is flashing red. Eventually it kicked another ball into play from the shooter lane and I continued my game.

#8072 5 months ago

Anyone else finding the audio to be SUPER loud for the Multiball animation?

#8073 5 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

I'm seeing the same thing

I've already sent logs to DJ, don't know if it would help him if others send theirs too.

#8077 5 months ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Seems like some bugs in the latest code. Is there anything earth shattering that the new code brings? I am wondering if I should wait until bugs are fixed.

Three new ways to get an Extra Ball and the Redbeard Hurry up to re-qualify Captain Cutler MB are the biggest ones. I just encountered a really nasty one. I was progressing nicely on Witch and Zombie on ball one, had the ball trapped up and it just ended the game. Killed my flippers but then kicked another ball out and of course it drained because the game was essentially in attract mode at that time. But during that attract mode the red skill-shot selection lights were flashing and would move when I hit the flipper buttons, just like it was waiting for me to plunge a ball.

#8079 5 months ago
Quoted from aztarac:

One thing I noticed after the update - my start button no longer flashes in game over mode (game is on free play), it's solid all the time and the SD launch button flashes constantly even when a ball is in-play. Was this how it was before the new update and I just never noticed it?
I also noticed the audio cranks up during multi-ball....

I'm not seeing any of those on my game, start and launch are behaving properly and MB audio seems unchanged.

#8080 5 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Looks like ill wait on downloading this one

Yeah, unfortunately I'm finding it to be quite buggy. I just had E.B. lit, hit the shot and the ball just sits in the loop, if I move the machine enough it will drop off the magnet and go into the secret passage but the game didn't award it. I shot it again and it did the same, the magnet is not releasing the ball, I let it go through ball search, it put another ball into play and when I hit the loop that ball was stuck up there too, both on the magnet.

#8082 5 months ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

We are getting, "update failed restart machine" error. Have tried multiple downloads on different USB sticks.... same error. Any advice?

If you're not already doing so try putting the USB stick directly into the USB slot in the PC behind the monitor.

#8086 5 months ago
Quoted from kezorm:

Same here. Failed to start Miner 49er mode. Also, after capturing Charlie, the screen didn't show the scoring summary. Made sound effects and everything like it was displaying the scores / bonuses, but no text on screen.

I just saw the same issue with the Charlie "tally" screen, no scoring summary shown.

#8088 5 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I was able to start and run Miner 49er mode just fine. No issue with that on my game.
RM

Bug played it on the stream last night too, I wonder if it matters if you have lock lit too or not.

Edit: I pulled the glass and believe I have it figured out, it only happens when it's not your first mode and you didn't unmask the previous villain. If it's your first mode I haven't been able to reproduce it.

#8090 5 months ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Thanks! We are using 32gb, will try the smaller.

I'd wait if I were you, this code is basically unplayable. I'll try reloading it but the number of times the game just ends your ball, etc. is really bad.

I don't see an option to restore factory defaults / reset the game or I'd try that first.

#8110 5 months ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Can somebody tell me where the mounting points are and what is used to mount the upper play field to the lower playfield? I didn’t see any manuals online for reference or part numbers. I’ve got a playfield set that I want to mount together for a wall hanger but also light up under the upper playfield.

Check the key topics index for this thread, I'm pretty sure Russ or someone else has a post about removing the upper PF linked there.

#8161 5 months ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Seems to be. Running fine here without issue and enjoying the heck out of it!

I still have a weird E.B. bug even in the latest 10.28 code DJ posted here. When E.B. is lit and I hit the loop to earn it the magnet catches the ball but will not release it. It eventually kicks out another ball and if I shoot that one in the loop it also gets stuck on the magnet and never releases. I've sent him the logs, not sure if / why I'm the only one seeing this particular bug.

#8174 5 months ago

Anyone else thinking that they made Space Kook harder in the latest code? It's not mentioned in the stream but to me it seems like there are fewer shots lit, especially on the lower PF, and it's often down to just one upper PF shot which you have to re-light with a spinner rip if you don't get it quickly.

#8180 5 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Same, I hope they can go back and polish all these types of things, some things have improved and some have become worse over time.

I think that whatever DJ had to do to fix the Miner 49er has caused the start of many, if not all modes to kind of pause before they start. There are audio hiccups as well as the conflicting call-outs too which I didn't notice on the first drop of the new code, don't know if those are related to the bug fixes or not.

#8192 5 months ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Space kook seems just as hard to me.
But still wish his laugh would be played after every shot made during the mode.
Such a tease when the video of him is played but no sound.

I agree about the laugh but it's definitely harder, in fact I had a game last night that there was NO lit shot for, even after a spinner rip with 4 shots already made. I should have pulled the logs for it but I was in a hurry to go somewhere.

#8239 5 months ago

Installed the Rocket City Pinball start button today (launch button the other day), looks great! I also moved both outlane posts up and was finally able to enjoy the game. Moving the posts was a small pain and it's unfortunate that the ability to move them was an after thought since the light boards make it...interesting...and it's not designed to truly accommodate the move. I'm glad Spooky gave the option to move them on this game though. My next request..."KID MODE"! Make the center drain popup permanently up when enabled. This way kids can enjoy it....and sucky players like me who don't nudge much. Ha! [quoted image]

Have you tried setting the game to easy mode? I have mine on factory defaults and it has been kicking my ass for about two solid weeks until I finally had a great game yesterday. I moved the left post up but left the one in the right outlane at factory. The slings on mine are very sensitive and they create havoc when the you don't have control of the ball, add in the fact that any solid shot to the Velma loop is going SDTM (I just haven't had time to pull the upper playfield to try to adjust the ball guide to address this) unless the center drop is up and its a tough game.

#8271 5 months ago
Quoted from blaskoa:

I just got a Scooby doo NIB and the upper playfield does not have led lights that are working. The Lowe playfield works fine, but upper led don’t light up. I took the glass off to look but I didn’t see anything loose. Has this happened to anyone?
I have a pic and video as well. I ran the light test in settings and the upper led lights won’t work.

If you have them put in the art blade protectors, remove all the balls and raise the playfield all the way up. There is a board where all the LEDs connect via Ethernet cables, it's toward the bottom left. Make sure nothing came loose and try reseating those. You might try swapping a couple with the power off, turn on the game and see if it's changed anything and then move them back - again with the power off.

#8307 5 months ago

Can someone please post a couple of pictures of where the end of the ball guide for the Daphne loop sets in relation to the post rubber next to it on their machine?

#8309 5 months ago

Thanks! It looks pretty similar to mine but a little hard to tell from that angle. Does the ball slam into the end of it on missed shots on your game? It does on mine making me wonder if that guide shouldn't be back further on the post so that the post rubber takes the hit instead.

Quoted from Jigz:

Without taking the glass off, does this help? It's right up against it.[quoted image]

#8323 5 months ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

At last, Here's the link to my Homemade Scooby Rulebook. I adjusted the margins so the printer should not chopped text now. I have not print tested it but it should be fine now.
Feel free to print your own. Please do not sell theses. I've spent many hours on this and it should stay free for all Scooby Pinball fans.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-okN6bK4Zs0eP48jzYEe53bx7kb8-AFV/view?usp=drive_link
Here's a tip for printing. Use original size (no resize) and print the first page separatly so you have a blank page behind the cover page. Best is to bring it to a print shop and tell them to spiral bind it with a translucent plastic cover and cardboard back page.
I will update the manual as rules comes in. I might do one for Halloween when I'm motivated.
Also, if someone knows how to pin the post to the key post that would be great.
Thanks guys.[quoted image]

This is awesome, I've key-posted it so anyone can find it from the topix index as well.

#8338 5 months ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

It's just a small 2 ball multiball to add to literally anything. It's nice to add it to harder modes because any shot on the lower playfield will raise your bravery meter.

It's a good way to rack up a bunch of Scooby Snacks as just about any shot awards one, now that you get an E.B. for 50 snacks this can be quite lucrative.

#8379 5 months ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

For me, I just loosened the last nut for the metal rail on the far right, and moved it back 1/16 and now it barley taps the rubber ring so it pops it over to the left flipper.

Mine doesn't go SDTM when I hit the Shaggy shot, it does it when I nail the Velma shot so I'm not sure how moving the far right rail will help. I think I'm going to have to move the other end of it where the Shaggy shot is and I'm gonna have to pull the upper PF to do that.. That Velma shot is hard enough, hitting it perfectly on mine is almost always SDTM so I avoid it like the plague unless the Trap drop target is up.

#8394 5 months ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I definitely don't think you should have to pull your upper playfield to get this sorted. Anytime we have to adjust a guide on the line we can generally lean it out or in slightly and get the ball doing what it should. Shoot me an email first or give us a call tomorrow and ask for me before you go through the hassle of pulling your upper. I bet we can get it fixed up an easier way.

Hmm, I'll see if I can give it a try. I'm a little hesitant to bend that guide while it's completely attached to the playfield, don't want to risk damaging or cracking the powder coat.

#8417 5 months ago

I finally got around to doing the Super Lube treatment to the spinners, turned the shake on spinners off because it seems excessive and just now notice there's no sound effect for the spinners?? Please tell me there's another setting I've missed to change that. On the other hand, wow is it easy to get MM MB now.

#8437 5 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I finally got around to doing the Super Lube treatment to the spinners, turned the shake on spinners off because it seems excessive and just now notice there's no sound effect for the spinners?? Please tell me there's another setting I've missed to change that. On the other hand, wow is it easy to get MM MB now.

So there is a spinner sound effect but it's really quiet on mine compared to the rest of the sounds, I guess I need to try tweaking the amp settings.

#8446 5 months ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

I’d take all the balls out of the trough and first check for any hints of magnetism…and then with the playfield in the ‘playing position’ slowly let 1 or two balls traverse the trough and see if they get stuck. What you’re describing sounds like the trough switches getting a wee bit confused…can happen in any game. Fresh set of balls and a little cleaning adjusting might be in order.

Yep, my game was doing the same thing and sure enough the balls were already magnetized.

#8528 5 months ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Well I was excited to do the update. Now it’s unplayable. Constant multiball and you die as soon as any of them drain. Guess I’ll go back to old code.

What version are you testing with? You shouldn't be having those issues with the latest test / beta code.

#8569 4 months ago
Quoted from EricInAlaska:

I have trouble with right side apron lock. About 30% land fast and hard enough coming out of wire form and jump out of apron lock above the right flipper. Any ideas how to make them grab a little better? Left side does not do the same - but wire form is shorter so ball has less momentum.

I have the same issue but much less often, I've thought about putting some foam padding in there too see if helps but haven't yet.

#8588 4 months ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Us UK guys are receiving and setting up our machines this week. I just set mine up, a few issues I have so far...
1) damage to the front cab decal below the coin door,( 2 others reporting the same damage so far ). Seems to be caused ironically by the large block of protective cardboard somehow pressing very hard into the decal.
2) A lot of noise coming through the speakers even with the volume right down
3) Flipper Buzz, I was expecting this having read others mention it but it's much worse than I expected, more like a high pitched tone than a buzz, I actually thought it was an intentional sound effect at first!
4) mystery machine ball lock VUK firing many times before actually getting the job done.
5) Had some trough issues initially, ball not registering when draining. All switches registering in test. This seems to have stopped now after some fiddling. I'm surprised to see physical switches in the trough, It's been a while since I bought a NIB without an opto trough.
Any help with 2, 3 and 4 appreciated.

2) Try turning down the volume knob on the actual amp and then increasing the game volume in settings, that helped a lot on mine. There is a key post linked on how to use an HDMI audio extractor to eliminate more noise, which appears to be caused by the little board on the back of the display, but I haven't done this (yet).
3) The only thing you can do is turn down the flipper hold to normal and set the upper flippers to only activate when there is a ball up there. I usually don't notice the whine when playing too much but it's possible that your different line voltage and frequency make it worse.
4) Just adjust the Mystery Machine kickout coil strength setting, should eject it every time.

#8637 4 months ago
Quoted from mikehoss1414:

A friend of mine just purchased scooby and the launcher will not eject the ball hard enough to make it up the ramp, it rattles around and falls back to the launcher. I am not at all familiar with the game but I offered to take a look...turned up the coil power, but it still only makes it up maybe one out of 10 times.
Attached is a pic of the launch mech, can anyone confirm that this is correct? He does not have a manual and I'm not sure where to find one to confirm.
Also, if anyone else has experienced this issue, is there a known fix?
Thanks!!!
edit...just saw post #8610...I'll do some more reading!!!
[quoted image]

I think most of us have found success in slighly spreading the tongs apart just a little bit, you can use needle nose pliers to spread them out. Be sure not to have the coil pulse power too high, it needs to be lowered a bit once you get it dialed in.

#8644 4 months ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Just read it, good work thanks. One thing I'm unsure about that I don't think was mentioned, what's the deal with the right outlane insert? I'm assuming its a ball save but sometimes I've seen it lit and the ball not come back. Also how does it get lit?

The behavior of that is confusing and inconsistent. From what I can tell it starts flashing if you have a ball drain out that lane, then if another one drains it awards ball save. There have been times it is flashing and I don't get a save from it though.

#8653 4 months ago
Quoted from blaskoa:

What is your pitch or angle for your machine set at. I got a digital level which turned out to be the same as my iphone level (The app that comes with the phone to measure and level).
Both the digital level and iphone level have my angle at 14 degrees. Ive heard 7-7.5 is ideal for scooby doo? I cant imagine I am twice the suggested pitch? Am i measuring this correctly having my iphone or digital level read 14 degrees? I also have a TMNT Pro Stern and it is at 15 degrees. Any suggestions, it sounds like I am way to angled, which may explain why 2 million is a great score for me and 6 million is my best.
I do also prefer super fast games, but I am wondering if I just am clueless about the pitch.

You have to measure it directly on the playfield, not on the glass or rails, etc.

#8669 4 months ago
Quoted from blaskoa:

What are the requirements to start cutlers multiball. I though it was hit left target, right, then both loops, then bash cutler?
Also, does anyone know why sometimes I dont get the red lights on ball 1 for a skill shot? Sometimes I see the red lights, others I dont. It almost appears random to me.

If you're not getting the red flashing skill shots it's probably because a switch is registering before you get a chance to launch the ball. Check the score and I bet you see a couple hundred points when this happens. On mine it was primarily the left spinner but someone said the drop target switches can be too sensitive as well.

#8729 4 months ago
Quoted from EricInAlaska:

Am I the only one who can’t get the latest code to install? I emailed DJ and no response yet. I had to install the September one in lieu. Not sure what I’m missing out on. Love Scooby a ton! My whole family does.

Does the game see the new version on the USB stick when you go to install it? Have you tried inserting the USB stick directly into the PC and not using the extension cable?

#8731 4 months ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

This game drives me crazy! I love the game, its beautiful, great theme and fun to play.
HOWEVER, I've never had a game in my life with more issues than this. It seems like about 1 out of every 5 games I am opening it up to remove a stuck ball. Over time I work on tweaks to eliminate those stuck ball spots, but SPOOKY couldn't a majority of these have been identified and resolved during play testing? Secondly my shooter lane sucks ass. Ive added the 3d printed support. I've worked on tweaking the mech, etc. But it still SUCKS ASS. It's better than it was, but far from perfect.
Last straw for me was yesterday I managed to get in behind the drops to start a character mode and the goddamn wire gate popped lose and was stuck under the ball so the mech couldn't register the ball was sitting there. Shut the game off and left the game room to do other things.
PLAAY TEST YOUR GAMES SPOOKY. So much could be eliminated with proper play testing. When a ball gets stuck during play testing dont ignore it, that will likely also happen to all of us. FIX IT
Yes, I know this stuff happens with all pinball machines, just this one is an order of magnitude worse. It's starting to suck the fun out of it for me

Sorry to hear you're having so many issues. I just checked my audits and it says 518 games played, I expected it to be higher because I rarely play anything else right now. In that time I think I've had two stuck balls; one where an airball ended up on the bravery meter and wouldn't shake loose. The other when the gate got stuck behind the drops.

As for the launcher, ever since I tuned it in by first spreading the forks (I just used a pair of full-size needle nose, inserted them between the forks and opened with two hands to spread those) and then slowly closing them back together until the launch was consistent, my game launces it properly at least 95% of the time. It's probably actually higher than that, so I'd encourage you to tinker with the fork spacing to see if you can't improve it further.

#8732 4 months ago

Duplicate

#8795 4 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Got it, and thanks for sharing this.
Has Spooky ever explained why a single bad transistor takes out the function of the entire chain until the coil is unhooked electrically?
I'm guessing it's a watchdog that shuts the chain down if there is a short.
RussMyers

If you look at page 4 of the Warden Board schematic: https://spookypinball.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/warden/schematics/rev_6/HH-0000_WARDEN_REV_6.pdf you'll see there are 3 banks of 48V enable / protection circuits. So a shorted Mosfet will trip the PTC Fuse for the entire bank of coils that Mosfet belongs to.

#8810 4 months ago

A little unecessary bling I picked up from the good people at Super Skill Shot last weekend at Pincinnati. They have a pretty nice start button too but I prefer the OG one because it lets more light through.

#8817 4 months ago
Quoted from bazzles:

I saw these on either Pinball Life or Marcos, cant remember which, and I was wondering. Is that basically an enamel pin of Scooby set into a standard yellow button?

Yeah, that's pretty much what it looks like. There's no "Start" text on the button, but that's about the only difference I can tell.

#8826 4 months ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

I’m getting ready to load this in the back of truck and personally return this to spooky. Game is unplayable. Random lock ups, hit the mystery machine ends balls, hit Scooby target ends ball or goes into trough cleaning mode and spits out every all, locked a ball on the apron let’s cancel the mode your in or let’s start a new mode. Having a great game?! Let’s end the ball you’re on and kill the flippers, but wait as it’s draining It’ll wake up and turn everything back on.
You want to see the same case 4 times on one game I’ll do that, want to see a new case? Yes! That’s going to cost you a ball. Seriously?! For the first time I got “help find her glasses” great mode! Enjoying it. Game: you’re having to much fun… time to kill the flippers
Spooky has already replaced a warden (?) board on this game.
I don’t think I should be working on a 10k game this much

Damn, this is all with the latest code??

#8886 4 months ago
Quoted from Phern:

What's your all's honest experience with scooby? Is it worth picking up compared to owning 90s b/w games?
I have a chance to trade my popeye (love quirky games, and love williams) up for a scooby, which looks amazing on videos and I absolutely love the theme. Just seen some negative feedback on its build quality and play so thought I'd reach out directly to the owners. Any info would be much appreciated. First time buying a modern game just nervous about getting it right vs maybe a new stern.
thanks all, appreciate your knowledge.

It's a great game that should only get better as the code progresses, but there are already lots of modes and even alternate paths through some of the Villain modes. Stacking Scooby Multiball with a tougher mode or with the Mystery Machine MB can be very lucrative. The one thing that is completely unique to this game is the bookcase flipper on the upper playfield. It is very different and makes for some interesting, and unusual flipper skills. If you love the theme I don't know how you can go wrong unless you're unlucky and get a lemon.

#8912 4 months ago
Quoted from Dr-Hex:

So now that spooky has looney toon’s / chainsaw massacre to work on I wonder if spooky will still be getting frequent code updates or if they will drop right off? Would be nice to get wizard modes, mystery villains etc.

Each game has a different person doing code for it so, theoritically at least, Scooby won't be impacted by the other development on the other games.

#8915 4 months ago

NO!!!!

#8942 4 months ago
Quoted from blaskoa:

I did, they said they dont have extra keys and send a link to the company to purchase a whole new lock set. Unfortunately I couldnt pick the f37 lock set. Maybe ill send that company and email and see. If not ill buy a new lock and drill that one out, or youtube how to pick the lock.
Thanks!

Mine has an F37 Lockset, send me your address via P.M. and I'll mail one of mine to you, assuming you're okay with waiting for USPS. I'm sure I can get another spare made somewhere.

#8946 4 months ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Today I've twice had the ball coming from the upper playfield into the right apron lock bounce far enough to not stay in the lock and end up on the playfield. Is there a fix for that? Pretty sure I'm at about 7 degrees. Also, I once ended up with 2 balls in the left apron lock before 1 of them was ejected, is that normal? Usually both locks ( as far as I know ) eject quickly when a ball is on the way.

I still get the occasional bounce-out but it seems be happening much less than before. I've considered getting some really thin weather stripping foam to put in there to see if it would prevent it.

#8949 4 months ago

Let's talk Scooby Snacks: I notice that in some modes - Black Knight for certain, hitting the drop targets are not lighting new Scooby Snack shots. I don't know if this is always the case but it definitely happens and it's one of the modes you really need them. I also notice that when playing as Scooby each lit snack shot only awards one instead of 2, which is one of the on-screen perks of playing as Scooby. The action button does not collect all lit snacks either, even though the game vibrates when I hit it.

Is there some secret to this I'm missing? My drops all register properly in switch test, etc. It's very frustrating to be progressing nicely and not be able to increase your bravery meter, even when hitting dangerous shots to the drop targets.

#8951 4 months ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I've noticed this behaviour too. IDK why it says you get two snacks when they are definitely not doubled as Scooby. I don't think any of them really have any perks yet, I think that is planned for future code implementation. The action button vibrates the shaker when you press it (not in a character mode) but I haven't seen any other action (scores or bonuses) from pressing it.
I think we have a lot of features coming down the pipe, there is almost no use for the "secret passage" and there are several PF lights that are not used yet. I have an UM as well and we are expecting at least one more update for that game, several years after it was released. I think Spooky will code all that stuff soon, as long as whatever happened with Rick and Morty (it was never finished to the level spooky told us about, like including new adventures from newer seasons) doesn't happen to any of these newer games.

Not being able to add more Scooby Snacks is a big one, really impacts your ability to complete the harder Villain modes. I've noticed it for a while but kept thinking it must be my game since no one else was complaining about it. I may have to downgrade code to the previous stable version and see if the behavior was the same. SpookyLuke

#8976 4 months ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

So this is what i suspect, the game doesnt have a drain ball switch but uses the 7 switches in the trough to end the game, i believe the old balls had just enough magnetic properties to stick to each other either way momentarily even with a ball in play to close the switches in the trough triggering all balls are home. This would also explain why when i would get these random extra balls it would kill the game and then randomly try and re-start the game mid drain. This would also explain why i could get a few games error free and others needed an exorcism, same with why after a MM ball lock it would kick out that ball that was just locked. Game thought it was a ball short at times or a ball to0 many.
Suggestion to spooky if it hasnt been done already: reverse the polarity on one of the magnets in the upper playfield on the chance that a ball does become magnetic. Im not 100% but think all magnets are wired in this game the same polarity.

I'm glad you got this sorted but FYI, nearly every game since WPC, or maybe even before, has used trough switches (or optos) to determine when to end a ball, etc. It's the only way a muli-ball ball save, or a game that stages balls in physical locks, can work. Also, you can switch the inputs to the magnet but that's not going to fix the problem of the balls becoming magnetized.

Enjoy your game and remember to only use carbon steel balls, no super-shiney chrome ones, in games with magnets. The latter get magnetized much faster.

#8991 4 months ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I've noticed this behaviour too. IDK why it says you get two snacks when they are definitely not doubled as Scooby. I don't think any of them really have any perks yet, I think that is planned for future code implementation. The action button vibrates the shaker when you press it (not in a character mode) but I haven't seen any other action (scores or bonuses) from pressing it.
I think we have a lot of features coming down the pipe, there is almost no use for the "secret passage" and there are several PF lights that are not used yet. I have an UM as well and we are expecting at least one more update for that game, several years after it was released. I think Spooky will code all that stuff soon, as long as whatever happened with Rick and Morty (it was never finished to the level spooky told us about, like including new adventures from newer seasons) doesn't happen to any of these newer games.

The only perk that definitely works I can think of is playing as Shaggy, and building the sandwich in his mode. It is much harder to keep the sandwich in the middle for the higher scoring, and to prevent it from falling, if you're not playing as Shaggy.

#8995 4 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Fred's mode also comes to mind as one that works. Action button can skip a shot when trying to complete the shots that you chose.

I always forget that one!

#9008 4 months ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

Man i love some nerd talk! my wife doesnt entertain these convos! I see what you saying, but we're not talking about huge magnetic field that ball has and its very weak. Putting one of the magnets in opposite polarity has no downside, even if it negates some of the magnetic properties. My though is/was if your running the same polarity in every magnet your subject to the same field over and over. Totally going to grab a magnet tonight and one these balls and mess with the north and south poles. HA!

But the ball will randomly encounter both poles of the magnet, and for pulses like the Cpt. Cutler it will likely encounter both poles of the magnet as it gets pulsed and the ball thrown around.

#9009 4 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

OK, so would something like this work to simply demagnetize pinballs that have become magnetized, and just throw them back into the game?
RussM[quoted image]

I've read you can demagnetize them by baking them in an oven at 450 degrees. I've never tried it because I just figure if they get magnetized it's a good time to replace them anyway. Of course they used to be a lot cheaper, but with today's energy prices I'm not sure it would be worth it to heat the oven either. If you make sure to just use regular carbon-steel balls with low amounts of chromium in them they will last a long time.

#9022 4 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

This is how I fixed our launcher. Went from 100% power with balls still failing down to 70% and success with every launch. Inspired by TSB.
Still waiting for Spooky to release a fix update for this

Maybe it's the camera angle but yours looks like it's saggy way left (closer to the middle of the machine), perhaps the washers and C clips are really loose??

#9030 4 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Yes it's saggy as hell! It's also the second mech. First one started sagging. Spooky sent a replacement and now this is sagging. It's the design, they installed it hanging off the playfield. Ninjacamp mods has a 3d printed support bracket that fixes Spooky's build error. Spooky should be buying the file from ninjamods or mocking up their own and sending out the part.

Will that Ninjacamp mod actually resolve this when it gets that sloppy? I think this is a function of poor tolerances in the manufacturing process that leads to a lot of slop in those pins and clips. Mine has been great once I spread and then closed up the forks, it doesn't have any lean at all like yours does.

#9118 4 months ago

Are the character perks actually in th current version?
For Scooby it's "Action button collects all Scooby Snacks". I've hit the action button while in a case and it doesn't collect the Scooby snacks lit up.

I just brought this up a couple of days ago - they are not implemented other than specific perks when playing that character's mode. For instance it's easier to keep the sandwich from falling when playing as Shaggy, you can spot a made shot when playing as Fred in his mode, etc. But Scooby is supposed to collect 2x Scooby Snacks and that definitely does not happen either.

#9122 4 months ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

I would love to like to see in shaggy mode sandwich mode for spooky use the “ case character lights” as an on playfield gauge. Have those reflect some what the status of the meter on the screen. With the character/ or spot your needle is at flashing. ”

Those inserts do mimic the gauge and tell you which way the sandwich is leaning and how far. If I remember correctly it's actually both the mode and gang member inserts that do this.

#9123 4 months ago

We're (over)due for an update!

#9131 4 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Yes, there is a switch in the bottom VUK and also a bunch in the Upper portion (see my pinned post "Mysteries of the Mystery Machine Revealed")
but what happens when all 8 balls are on the field at once, and drain into the ball trough?
The game cannot tell the difference between 7 balls loaded and 8 balls loaded.
There is just no way around that, not to mention the nightmare coding of tracking more balls than designed between 2-4 players in play.
You can't make this kind of change in code alone.
RussM

Yeah, games that stage balls, STTNG for example, were designed to be able to put those balls into their staged positions even when the game isn't being played. Venom takes this to a completely different level as it can stage them even when there is an active ball(s) on the PF. No way for Scooby to do that.

#9133 4 months ago

No we are not. This is not a JJP thread.

I was just my opinion, let's not go down the JJP rabbit hole. I will say that they were releasing code every month or less and we're now coming up on two months since the last release. I'd like to at least see the character perks work properly other than just while in the character modes.

#9179 4 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

I think it's chromium steel vs carbon steel

Quoted from Kevlar:

My upper right flipper is sticking up, definitely mechanical. How hard is it to remove the upper playfield?

Check the key post index for this thread, there's at least one post with information on removing the upper PF.

#9285 3 months ago

Yes, bring on the code update, I love having some new things to Scooby Doo!!!

Happy New Year!!

#9335 3 months ago
Quoted from Phern:

Thanks for the info. I need to replace the OEM ones just because they've worn a bit. Fraying at edge points. Purchased the game second hand. Not all the rubbers, just the higher use ones.
So was debating whether to switch it up any. I find it very hard to backhand the MM. But don't want the game playing super fast either, and heard the silicone or polyurethane makes the games much more jumpy.
I like the translucent clear/white that came standard. Just don't know if it's rubber or another material. Why I was wondering what was standard issue

Poly flipper rubbers like Super Bands are the least bouncy of any. They kinda feel like the ball almost sticks to them when it bounces. Silicone ones from PBL or Titan are definitely more bouncy and feel closer to black rubber rings to me. I will point out that the purple from PBL and Titan are very different colors, so on some games (MM is the one I always think of) you may want to use one over the other if you're trying to color match to the game's artwork.

#9411 3 months ago
Quoted from sandro:

You’re missing out on one video mode (which doesn’t look that great). Frankly, I don’t play pinball for the video modes anyway.
Also, I can’t figure out how a new product changed the value proposition of the original game? I got exactly what I paid for when the CE was announced, and I paid what I thought was a fair price for it. Would I have paid $1k more to get the new topper, maybe. But it’s not like there is someone out there getting the CE+new topper for $9769.

Well, I guess if you bought a used CE for $8769 and added the new topper you would, indeed, be getting the CE and new topper for $9769.

#9455 3 months ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

The butt hurt on this topper blows my mind. I’ve never seen anyone freak out about video games selling expansion packs months after the initial game release and this is pretty much the same thing.
This topper is F’n awesome. It would cost $1k more a year ago or now. The OG topper is cheap printed flat plastic so there is really no $ lost hanging that on the wall or whatever. CEs are not really limited and neither is this topper. Unlike Stern coming out with SLV versions of games like Elvira, this has no real impact on the value the original CE.

The video game argument gets thrown into this every time, and every time I point out that that practice is not new to video games - it IS still pretty new to pinball and people resist change. I also still think that locking content to a topper, particularly if they cost as much as some do, is bullshit. I can see both sides of these arguments without getting worked up about it, some people are more passionate about it.

#9465 3 months ago
Quoted from Lot49:

The new topper looks great. We have low ceilings, so I can't accommodate any topper on any machine (we couldn't install the one that came with the machine either) Anyone ever done anything creative with a topper, that is not, erm, on top? Something like a shelf on a wall next to the machine still connected? Maybe silly and maybe the pinball gods are telling me to keep the wallet stored in my pocket.

I don't want to interfere with the pinball gods, or any gods for that matter, I guess, but I did see a video where someone "side-mounted" the topper on a shelf next to Halloween. You might want to go skim through the photos in the HWN owner's thread and see if details are in there.

#9505 3 months ago
Quoted from aztarac:

PinballStar tacks another $36 onto the order to cover PayPal fees
Think I'll just Order direct.....

Or work out a different payment method with him.

#9558 3 months ago
Quoted from at_t_2d:

I have a couple of thoughts on this. First I think Spooky is an excellent company with customer service and value I don't see from its competitors. I think the new topper exceeds expectations and bring toppers to a whole new level at an excellent price point. The value isn't there for me personally and I would rather use that money toward the LT I have on order.
Comparing this situation to cars, many times I have bought vehicles only to have a new option or upgrade be announced mid-year that can't be added to mine. I have learned to accept this. Even though I understood that this was going to happen, it is still frustrating that I lost navigation, voice control and other options on my new 100k Corvette after 30 days unless I want to pay around $20 a month. This is a change for 2024 and they announced they are phasing out Android Auto and Apple Car Play in favor of a GM subscription service. I do not want to derail this thread, but I thought the comparison was worth sharing. I just hope none of the pinball companies try to implement a subscription model to increase revenue like the car manufacturers are doing.

Damn, I hadn't read about that shitty move by G.M. - so much for handsfree phone and navigation usage.

#9614 3 months ago

Refreshing the Scooby support page every 15 minutes or so....

Waiting (resized).pngWaiting (resized).png
#9619 3 months ago

I've only watched the first 10-15 minutes of the stream so-far but another big change in the new code is how they have completely changed several of the character perks. I mentioned weeks ago that most didn't really seem to do anything at all so those changes are very interesting to me.

#9623 3 months ago

Do any Spooky games beside TNA allow for selectable Co-Op mode? I'd like to see that option in Scooby so we could play 2 vs 2 or even 2 vs 1.

#9638 3 months ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Brightness 40%
Contrast 80%
Gamma On

I lowered the brightness even lower on mine (30%) and think it looks a little better but these settings are a massive improvement.

#9642 3 months ago

New code on the Support page, let's go gang!

#9689 3 months ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Weird bug possibly. I was playing as Daphne and I got 1st high score but it didn’t let me enter my initials it entered Daphne instead for me automatically. Anyone else see something like this ?

Any chance you were in co-op mode?

#9720 3 months ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Can I get some help,asking spooky to please add space kooks laugh to the whole dam mode,not just once in the beginning.i
It’s such an iconic sound,drives me crazy seeing the animation of him laughing but no audio!!

Yeah, I'll second that ask. Every time I play that mode I think about how they should have implemented it better.

#9722 3 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

All of this could have been very clearly set out at the beginning, when Scooby first went on sale with very clear pictures of the cabinet, backbox, and full playfields of the CE vs BSE vs SE of Scooby.
Not doing that was a significant customer service error on Spooky's part.
Should have been absolutely clear what everyone was getting in each variant.
RM

Agreed, it was like they hadn't actually built either the BSE or SE model yet. Obviously it will still play the same but the SE looks SO much different than the CE. Looking forward to seeing a BSE.

#9847 3 months ago
Quoted from blaskoa:

Can that awesome guy that made the manual for print link it? Also, is it being updated? Ill see if i can find it and post it. Russ Meyers Spelling, is also on top of the rules, he seems extremely knowledgeable with spooky and scooby.

The post with that game manual should be in the Key Topics Index, check there first.

#9858 3 months ago
Quoted from Mando:

You must have something else going on def works from the habitrails .

But not from a ball launch.

Edit for clarification: The Green Ghoul / Ghost (call-outs say Ghost but on-screen it says Ghoul) aren't triggered at the right inlane from an initial ball lauch but it will trigger from a ball save or ball lock launch.

#9862 3 months ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

What's everyone's favourite character to play now the character perks are more defined? I'm leaning towards Daphne for the extra ball save time. Partially makes up for the lack of grace periods in the game .

I have all five members of the gang in the high score list so I always play as whoever is last, that way if I get a higher score all five are still on there. Yes, I'm strange.

#9872 3 months ago
Quoted from blaskoa:

Scooby Snack Question. How do I get scooby snacks, I know the 6 lower playfield shots, but lets say I get 5 of the 6, will they eventually cycle back so i can get them again. Do I need to finish the six for them to reset. Do the drop targets contribute to scooby snacks in anyway?
Also on villian captain cutler mode, i read once a long time ago that you can refill oxygen by getting the drop targets then vuk on the left. Is this true, because i did that and no oxygen was added? That mode kills me everytime due to oxygen.
Thanks for the help!

The drop targets add snacks, you have to reset them by hitting the VUK behind them and then hit them again to add more. I do still have questions though because sometimes hitting the drops do not add more snacks to collect, it seems to happen during Cutler and Space Kook the most.

#9874 3 months ago

There's a bug in the newest "Beta" code - if you unmask your 2nd villan on your 5th try you only get awarded a single Extra Ball opportunity. It's probably all you deserve for such a terrible success rate so maybe it's actually intentional.

#9883 3 months ago
Quoted from blaskoa:

You are saying there should be two extraballs right?

You qualify an E.B. for unmasking two villans and for starting five modes, so I was expecting two E.B. opportunities.

#9886 3 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

OK, so at the moment, Extra Ball qualifies by:
1. Mystery Machine Multiball Character Jackpot Whatever the heck - can't follow the exact rules there and I will never do it
2. Unmask 2 Villains
3. Start 5 Villain Modes (don't have to unmask any)
4. Collect 50 Scooby Snacks (what about 100? 150? 200? is it every 50 or only 1st 50?)
5. I would maybe add: Start 3 Character Modes (Shaggy Sandwich, Fred's Plan, etc)
RussMyers

Yeah, I'm not 100% sure on the MM MB Super Jackpot. You may have to score each character's jackpot or, and I suspect this is the case, you have to lock the jackpot for each character by advancing them and then locking each in at the Mystery Machine.

#9892 3 months ago
Quoted from blaskoa:

Yea I knew about bashing the head, but I though I read that hitting all the drops will give you a full O2 tank. Maybe I had a dream about it though lol. I swear I can never make it up the the UP during that mode. Any other time its not much of an issue only when my O2 is low, but then again, I assume im just cracking under the pressure.

The blue SD standup targets will replenish oxygen but not for repeated hits, the drop targets light scooby snacks.

#9896 3 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Ooh, I had forgotten that the SD targets turn blue in that mode, but you can only hit them once?
RM

I'll need to confirm but IIRC they will be lit the first time you charge up your oxygen via bashing Cutler but they are one-hit ponies.

#9918 3 months ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Is the new update good to download, or is it still buggy?

Use the beta version that SpookyLuke posted in this thread, as long as you're okay with the caveats he included in that post - it's less buggy than the version posted on the support page.

#9919 3 months ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Would anyone care to list all the uses of the action button? I seem to hardly use it. I'm sure I read you can collect scooby snacks with it but it's never worked when I've tried it.

I think they removed the ability to collect scooby snacks with the action button in the latest build.

#9921 3 months ago
Quoted from Arcdeeth:

From what I was told by Spooky they are still building CEs at the moment and hope to get to the BSE or SE soon.

They've built at least one SE because it's posted in this thread. My guess is because it was part of a shipment going to Australia.

#9928 3 months ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I would not do that unless you want the unfinished version. They updated the code on the website with a finalized version on the 7th, that should be the finalized version of the beta code SpookyLuke posted over the weekend.

Actually it appears to be the same code, it's the same timestamp anyway. I didn't realize they had posted it on the support page.

#9932 3 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I just wanted to say, I love the music on this game.
I love the Monster Song during CC multiball, just never get tired of it.
And the Run Daphe Run track is just rockin'.
RM

The Daphne one is my favorite, I need to try to start it more often just for that!

#9938 3 months ago

I've been meaning to try this, what did you use to glue it together and how is it holding up?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 19.95
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
288 posts in this topic match your search for posts by bobukcat. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all?tu=bobukcat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.