438231855_719997616727913_5488897096889642151_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240425-191245_Brave (resized).jpg
draft-day-nails.gif
jack-nicholson-yes (resized).png
32f5d24c-40ce-47a5-afaf-1bff1f22a85b_text.gif
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240424-165837_Brave (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,906 posts in this topic. You are on page 855 of 1,519.
#42701 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Are we allowed to talk about him now? haha. I don't want to get in the "rent free" category or have people go Ritchie Incognito on me for talking about the guy. If the group gives the green light I'll talk about him objectively.

We are waving you in buddy!!

Let’s talk some Tua!

#42702 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

If the group gives the green light I'll talk about him objectively.

Objectively or incessantly?

Couple of months until football starts again, this is the time for those of us that follow perennial non-contenders to dream big and talk up our teams. It’ll only get worse once the season starts, so fire away!

#42703 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#42704 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#42705 1 year ago

Thanks Gentlemen! haha. Here are my thoughts.

1. Objectively, Tua doesn't stink and is not a bust yet. (I will avoid being a stat nerd for now).
2. The Miami offense under coach Brian Flores underperformed each year. Part of that was coaching. Part of that was a bad offensive line, poor pass protection, and a bad running game. Part of that was Tua.
3. As a Dolphins fan, the best thing for the organization is that Tua becomes a decent professional QB.
4. I think most Dolphins fans are upset that they drafted Tua over Herbert. If the GM Chris Grier made that decision, that is justification to fire him.
5. I am not yet convinced that Tua can win games if you need him to make big plays. Last season's Tennessee Titans game at the end of the year Tua played poorly and the entire team played poorly (what exactly happened to Brian Flores' defense there?). Does Tua make players better? Tua and Waddle had a very productive season together last year.
6. The Miami players are all talking about how the environment is totally different now at the facility. Players did not enjoy the Brian Flores experience. Mike McCoachin' is a complete turn around in coaching style and attitude compared to Flores.
7. I am eager to see how Tua will perform with different offensive coaching. My guess is the team will be more committed to running the ball. They have brought in some new players on the offensive line and at wide receiver and running back. If Mike McCoachin' can coach, then the Dolphins should easily score more points than any time under Brian Flores.
8. I am not convinced that Tua can physically make it through an entire NFL season without getting injured and missing games. Obtaining Teddy Bridgewater as a backup was an upgrade over Jacoby Brissett.

I hate Nick Saban.

#42706 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

6. The Miami players are all talking about how the environment is totally different now at the facility. Players did not enjoy the Brian Flores experience. Mike McCoachin' is a complete turn around in coaching style and attitude compared to Flores.

PLayers always say that shit when a new coach comes in. Like 100 percent of the time.

Well, I guess 99 percent of the time if we count Urban Meyer's Jags.

When do they have to make a decision on the Tua Experience? Is it next season, or the season after that when they need to decide if they'll take the year 5 option?

That's usually when you can tell which the winds are blowing (looking in your direction Daniel Jones).

#42707 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

(looking in your direction Daniel Jones).

6. The Giants players are all talking about how the environment is totally different now at the facility. Players did not enjoy the Joe Judge experience. Brian Daboll is a complete turn around in coaching style and attitude compared to Judge.

#42708 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

PLayers always say that shit when a new coach comes in. Like 100 percent of the time.

McDaniel is a different kind of dude. Really different.

#42709 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

6. The Giants players are all talking about how the environment is totally different now at the facility. Players did not enjoy the Joe Judge experience. Brian Daboll is a complete turn around in coaching style and attitude compared to Judge.

I want to know what they said after the mcadoo era.

#42710 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

4. I think most Dolphins fans are upset that they drafted Tua over Herbert. If the GM Chris Grier made that decision, that is justification to fire him.

Franchise QB is one of those things that a miss can certainly get you fired. Still, there were several orgs tanking in the interest of getting Tua. Not only were they going to take him with the first pick, they were apparently incentivized to lose games in order to have the opportunity. That changed when he was injured, but Miami had the opportunity to get the guy they originally wanted to get at 1, so worth the roll of the dice.

Considering how insistent the owner was to lose games, the Tua pick is pretty much on him. The GM was just executing orders. Of course, that doesn't mean he won't eventually take the fall for it.

Not only that, how many other teams passed on Herbert? People were afraid he couldn't lead because of his Garth Algar/Zach Greinke personality. It turns out you don't necessarily need the brazen arrogant attitude to be a decent leader. Who knew?

#42711 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

6. The Vikings players are all talking about how the environment is totally different now at the facility. Players did not enjoy the Mike Zimmer experience. Kevin O'Connell is a complete turn around in coaching style and attitude compared to Zimmer.

#42712 1 year ago
Quoted from newovad:

6. The Vikings players are all talking about how the environment is totally different now at the facility. Players did not enjoy the Mike Zimmer experience. Kevin O'Connell is a complete turn around in coaching style and attitude compared to Zimmer.

God Zimmer was awfull

#42713 1 year ago

NYT thinks NFL should kick Watson to the curb permanently...

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/09/sports/football/deshaun-watson-nfl.html

"His claims of innocence got a boost when the Browns, a once-proud team now so desperate for a championship that it has lost any dignity, gave him a better deal than those of Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson: $230 million, every penny reportedly guaranteed."

Ouch.

#42714 1 year ago

I agree with them. Too much smoke for this guy to not be a complete scumbag.

#42715 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I agree with them. Too much smoke for this guy to not be a complete scumbag.

He has some kind of problem or fetish even.He has ample opportunity to show willing women his willy without paying for it.
Hes well off and High profile the groupies and gold-diggers should satisfy that appetite but no He wants to show the hired help.

#42716 1 year ago

I find it interesting to look at past players contracts and compare them to todays, here's an interesting example.

Jerry Rice made $23M in his 20 year career (he was the undisputed best WR in the league for a lot of those seasons). Cristian Kirk just got a $20M signing bonus, most would not call him a top 20 WR in the league.

Salary the cap is currently $208M. Ryan Tannehill has a cap number of $38M

Back in 1994 the salary cap was just $34M

#42717 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

He has some kind of problem or fetish even.He has ample opportunity to show willing women his willy without paying for it.
Hes well off and High profile the groupies and gold-diggers should satisfy that appetite but no He wants to show the hired help.

Pervs gotta perv

#42718 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I find it interesting to look at past players contracts and compare them to todays, ...

Past is the past for me, what I think is more interesting is how little football players get.

#42719 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I find it interesting to look at past players contracts and compare them to todays, here's an interesting example.
Jerry Rice made $23M in his 20 year career (he was the undisputed best WR in the league for a lot of those seasons). Cristian Kirk just got a $20M signing bonus, most would not call him a top 20 WR in the league.
Salary the cap is currently $208M. Ryan Tannehill has a cap number of $38M

Kind of depressing. Jerry obviously being the absolute best, think about where those barely-nfl guys fall on that pay scale. Pair that with the run-dominant games those guys played and the inevitable CTE to follow, and it's going to be a pretty rough stretch for the NFL. At least it's likely that Goodell will have to fall on the sword.

#42720 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

And back in 1994 Robert Kraft bought the Patriots for $172M and Jeffrey Lurie bought the Eagles for $185M. So an NFL team cost 5.5X the cap amount. Current salary cap 208M, Bronco's sold for 4.65B which is over 22 times the cap amount.

The owners are making out pretty well, regardless of player salaries.

Pat Bowlen paid $78M for the Bronco's in 1984, 38 years later worth 4.65B.

#42721 1 year ago

Yup.

NFL players continue to be woefully underpaid considering, especially considering the damage they take over their brief careers, and the untold riches they generate for NFL owners.

#42722 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

NYT thinks NFL should kick Watson to the curb permanently...
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/09/sports/football/deshaun-watson-nfl.html
"His claims of innocence got a boost when the Browns, a once-proud team now so desperate for a championship that it has lost any dignity, gave him a better deal than those of Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson: $230 million, every penny reportedly guaranteed."
Ouch.

The fact that the browns are the nfl’s biggest clown show by far is trending on Twitter.

Major stuff!

#42725 1 year ago

Gotta keep the Planters happy!

#42726 1 year ago

Big Ben set the bar pretty high....

browns 3 (resized).jpgbrowns 3 (resized).jpg
#42727 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

[quoted image]

Yeah, but to be fair Watson has a lot of assault cases. Hard for more than a few teams to overcome that hurdle.

The more I actually think about the Browns the more unbelievable their situation is. They literally brought home the mistress and didnt even bother to tell the wife she would be living there now.

Baker will be a Steeler before you know it.

#42728 1 year ago

I just can’t believe they mortgaged their future and destroyed what was left of their shitty reputation just so they could start Jacoby Brisette.

They could have done that for nothing. Certainly didn’t need to give up 6 draft picks and a quarter billion dollars.

The most boneheaded move in NFL history?

Not yet, but the potential is certainly there. Must be a great time to be a bengals, ravens, or Steelers fan.

#42729 1 year ago

worst Move
#1 Clevetown and Watson
#2 Vikings and Herschel

#3 Saints ,I will trade my whole draft to smoke a bowl with Ricky
#4 SF trades up and uses a 1 on Trey Lance ,this could still pay off though.

#42730 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

worst Move
#1 Clevetown and Watson
#2 Vikings and Herschel
#3 Bears ,I will trade my whole draft to smoke a bowl with Ricky

#3 wasn’t the Bears, but it was Ditka

#42731 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

worst Move
#1 Clevetown and Watson
#2 Vikings and Herschel
#3 Bears ,I will trade my whole draft to smoke a bowl with Ricky

#3 was the Saints, not the Bears. Ditka was their coach, so I could see how you could confuse the two.

Some might say the Bears trading all those picks to move up one spot to get Trubiski was a rough move.

#42732 1 year ago

Yeah i have Ditka as a Bear

#42733 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

#3 wasn’t the Bears, but it was Ditka

Thanks
I was close enough to get a contact high

#42735 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

worst Move
#3 Saints ,I will trade my whole draft to smoke a bowl with Ricky

Quoted from DanMarino:

Run Ricky Run!

Not really fair to mention this trade without giving credit to the other dance partner. The Redskins parlayed this draft haul of two 1rst, two 3rds, a forth, fifth, sixth and seventh round pick into a solid .500 record over the next 10 years and 2 wild card wins, ironically the same number of playoff wins as the Saints.
Really would be an ass kick to include year 11 after the trade as the Saints won the Super Bowl

Not exactly on par with the Walker trade

#42736 1 year ago

His 2002 season with Miami was incredible. 115 yards per game on the ground!

#42737 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Not really fair to mention this trade without giving credit to the other dance partner. The Redskins parlayed this draft haul of two 1rst, two 3rds, a forth, fifth, sixth and seventh round pick into a solid .500 record over the next 10 years and 2 wild card wins, ironically the same number of playoff wins as the Saints.
Really would be an ass kick to include year 11 after the trade as the Saints won the Super Bowl

Using this logic, is it really fair to say the Watson/Browns trade is the worst move in NFL history? Initial accusation was 15 months ago, and he still hasn't been suspended. Also, there's no guarantee the Texans won't completely miss on some or even all the picks they got from the Browns.

Time will tell.....

#42739 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Still a horrible trade.

People tend to forget that the Rams didn't do shit with the ridiculous bounty they got for monumental bust RG3. Doesn't make that trade any less boneheaded on Snyder/Bruce Allen's side. They traded 3 first round picks and plenty more for one NFC East Championship and zero playoff wins. The Rams did even worse.

#42740 1 year ago
Quoted from APfan1:

Any Chargers fans in the house?

No, our only CHargers fan - Odin - is permanently banned from Pinside, and unlike others, at least had the graciousness to not keep returning under new nyms.

At least he checks in from time to time via email. Seems to be thriving post-pandemic!

#42741 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People tend to forget that the Rams didn't do shit with the ridiculous bounty they got for monumental bust RG3

"I can waste your draft picks even better than you can!"

#42742 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No, our only CHargers fan - Odin - is permanently banned from Pinside, and unlike others, at least had the graciousness to not keep returning under new nyms.

O-din was a Dolphins fan too if I'm remembering right -- shame as he could have contributed to the Tua debate we've got scheduled for the next few months.

#42743 1 year ago

Rivera fines Jack Del Rio $100,000 for his moronic actions in forcing his players to discuss his tweeting, and costing Dan Snyder his Virginia stadium deal (ok this kind of made me chuckle, cause Fuck Dan Snyder and the idea of putting the stadium 50 miles from DC and in the middle of a traffic nightmare).

I was hoping Rivera would fire him due to his shitty coaching and the ridiculous distractions he's provided this week, but I guess this is better than nothing.

Not about politics and I have no interest in discussing them; Del Rio tweeting like a 20 year old on a sugar bender does NOTHING to help the team win, and is a huge distraction. Dude is 60, you'd think he'd have a little more sense.

Fine is to be donated to the Capitol Police Memorial Fund.

#42744 1 year ago

Tua is fine and should excel this season with his added weapons. One could argue though the Dolphins took a big gamble on the Hill contract, considering KC didn’t even blink when it became public he wanted to be paid. I understand KC had no more money to spend, but still.

I would safely put Tua as a top 20 qb. Considering he’s on rookie contract for a while, and got thrown on a shitty team it’s really hard to criticize him. This year he will be under the microscope big time though.

#42745 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Rivera fines Jack Del Rio $100,000 for his moronic actions in forcing his players to discuss his tweeting, and costing Dan Snyder his Virginia stadium deal (ok this kind of made me chuckle, cause Fuck Dan Snyder and the idea of putting the stadium 50 miles from DC and in the middle of a traffic nightmare).
I was hoping Rivera would fire him due to his shitty coaching and the ridiculous distractions he's provided this week, but I guess this is better than nothing.
Not about politics and I have no interest in discussing them; Del Rio tweeting like a 20 year old on a sugar bender does NOTHING to help the team win, and is a huge distraction. Dude is 60, you'd think he'd have a little more sense.

Yeah, when you have a prominent role and in the public eye, best to stay off twitter. Nothing good comes from that combination.

It’s the definition of lose lose.

#42746 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Tua is fine and should excel this season with his added weapons. One could argue though the Dolphins took a big gamble on the Hill contract, considering KC didn’t even blink when it became public he wanted to be paid. I understand KC had no more money to spend, but still.
I would safely put Tua as a top 20 qb. Considering he’s on rookie contract for a while, and got thrown on a shitty team it’s really hard to criticize him. This year he will be under the microscope big time though.

I was really surprised the Dolphins made the move for Hill. Hopefully it will be an exciting season for the team. They really need to figure out how to score more points. Hill definitely brings confidence to the offense and it appears to be rubbing off on others already. I wonder how many games Bridgewater will end up playing though? haha.

#42747 1 year ago

Now I have to route for the Rams f
To win 3 in a row, all thru signing bonii, so the salary cap changes.

Lets see what happens with this LIV golf shit, PGA is aboot to get smoked.

#42748 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

for the umpteenth time, three 1st round picks and a 3rd

#42749 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

for the umpteenth time, three 1st round picks and a 3rd

yes,I didnt want to bore you with details,Im a crap draft denier.It never happened its a media smirch.
Actually I never denied we wasted (used) 3 firsts and a 3rd on this diamond.

#42750 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He was also sort of the Dane Cook of the thread; his only shtick was saying the same thing over & over again.
Rent Free...rent free...etc etc

I like the guy (Gus) that simply types "go bills" each and every week during every season, lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 75,906 posts in this topic. You are on page 855 of 1,519.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/855 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.