pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53769 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Erik (1 year ago)

Post #71251 draft values Posted by Deaconblooze (88 days ago)

Post #74765 Fandom Posted by DanMarino (41 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jandrea95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

2,465 posts in this topic match your search for posts by jandrea95. You are on page 1 of 10.
#18350 4 years ago

Now that we locked up our hero/future hall of famer/multi MVP recipient, its time to destroy the Browns!

EI-NWP8XYAEVG2H (resized).jpgEI-NWP8XYAEVG2H (resized).jpg
#18352 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I respect Marvin immensely for what he did in Cincinnati but it was time for him to go. Marvin wasn't going to go any further in Cincy. I can also say I'm happy the Bengals are showing signs of no longer holding onto 1st round picks that are just not progressing as they thought. John Ross, Billy Price may be out next year u8nder this new staff. Now if someone will only stop hanging onto Kirkpatrick (over paid bum) and not listen to pro-football's ranking of him, he sucks!

John Ross simply needs to go. He cant run routes, or even catch the ball. Total disappointment, and total bust

#18353 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Buddy let me tell ya, Joe Burrow is going to dominate the AFC North for many years to come! I am so excited to be getting this guy that i cant stand it.

I was like a little school girl watching him yesterday. After his 6th or 7th touchdown he was IMMEDIATELY on the sidelines with the headset on reviewing things. Just a born leader, which is so desperately needed in this great city. His game is just special, clean in every way. Literally every throw was like the ball was guided by GPS.

#18362 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:I don't think I'd call it a "big game."
It's a shame game for sure that would be hilarious to see Cindy win; doubtful though.

it guarantees ONE team from Ohio to win this week, its our super bowl , and for Cincy fans, were amped up after watching Burrow yesterday.

In the national scheme of things, its meaningless, I get that. But, this is our biggest moment since 1966,when Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, Bubba "Spare Tire" Dixon.

#18383 4 years ago

Lol baker mayfield picked off.

#18388 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Jorge it's going to be 49ers/Ravens new year!

Mr Drew Brees would like a word good sir.

#18391 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Saints and Brees are good no doubt but the 49ers are IMHO the best team in the NFC period. The same for the AFC, I just can't see any team except maybe and it's a maybe the Chiefs stopping the Ravens.

Certainly no logic to my argument. I just like the saints , and want them to get revenge for being screwed out of the Super Bowl last year. I agree, no one is beating the ravens , they are crazy good.

#18395 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well RGIII & no RB is a good sign, but the Ravens aren't missing a chance to kick Steelers to the curb.
Or could it be like a 6-3 game?

Ravens won’t be starting hardly anyone.

#18417 4 years ago

Who Dey!!!!!!! Great week for Cincinnati. LSU and now bengals.

1 week later
#19083 4 years ago

I wish both the Vikings and Saints could win today. I also wish both the Eagles and Seahawks could lose.

#19084 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

If you were cheering for a better team I'd bet you wouldn't cling to this hate you project on to the Patriots or their fans. There's a reason most fans of Baltimore, KC, Saints, 49ers, (good teams) don't seem to be bothered by this. They have things to be happy/excited about. Dumpster fire team fans need something to root for or against and they transfer that passion towards irrational hatred. It's a well known psychological condition called transference. You will never know peace until you confront it so..I wish you luck.
Peace out.

Why wouldn't cincy fans have something to cheer for? we now have the future goat, Joe Burrow on our side. Cincy fans everywhere have reason to smile.

This said, I personally love Tom Brady and what he has done for the game. Nothing but respect. Im lucky enough to have grown up watching Brady, Manning, Favre, Rodgers, Brees, etc. all in their prime! We should be thankful for this, as fans of NFL football.

#19091 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Do you really think Joe Burrow is the real deal? A transfer that landed on a great LSU team? I'd be surprised if he was the number one pick. I don't think any of this year's qb prospects are the truth. Tua from Bama is injury prone. Randy Pink Floyd from Oregon has the size and arm but the league seems to be changing to drafting mobile qbs with rocket arms (Mahomes, Allen, Jackson, Murray) The days of the 6'5" 235lbs pocket passer are dying. And there's a dozen free agent qbs to hold the fort.
Maybe the Bengals will draft the Ohio State stud Chase Young and grab a QB in free agency? The Niners are in a way better position drafting Nick Bosa and Young is even a better prospect.

I think there is a 0.0 percent chance Burrow isnt the #1 pick. He had a great team at LSU for sure, but so did a lot of teams. His passes are laser guided and he makes good decisions. Chase Young is a stud, but at the end of the day he isnt a QB. The Bengals are cutting ties with Andy Dalton and moving on, and Joe Burrow is the future.

#19093 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Does it really matter anyways who the Bengals draft? In four years they'll be in the same position anyways.
It's the same four or five poorly run teams routinely at the top of the draft. The league needs bottom feeders.

i think it matters. we havent witnessed such talent enter the NFL since the GOAT graced the field.

elKVIQu (resized).jpgelKVIQu (resized).jpg
1 week later
#19982 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Great night of football last night. The Chiefs game was just insane and Mahomes is amazing. Cant wait to watch Joe Burrow tonight!

Im ready to watch Joe..... I cant help but remember whenever Mahomes is brought up that he was chosen ONE spot AFTER John Ross...

#20028 4 years ago

King of the tigers.

EI-NWP8XYAEVG2H (resized).jpgEI-NWP8XYAEVG2H (resized).jpg
#20065 4 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I’ve got to say, Lynch surprised in the interview after the loss yesterday. Man is a philosopher, some solid advice here despite the somewhat cryptic delivery. Take care of those chickens, you feel me!
https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2020/01/13/seahawks-packers-marshawn-lynch-press-conference-video

love this guy, lol

#20066 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

If you're Cincy, and Miami offers you all 3 of their first round picks (1.5, 1.18, 1.26) for 1.1, do you take it?

Tempting, but yet, absolutely not. Joe Burrows accuracy, and even more importantly, his leadership, are non negotiable. The fact this dude can walk down the field 95 yards like its nothing, and 5 seconds later have a headset on going over what went right and wrong just gives me that special feeling inside.

The thing that scares me more than anything is the fact this team is still run by inept people. We had the chance to trade for some decent pics which would have beefed up the line, and we sat on our hands.

#20068 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

They have made a few pickups thus far that will go a long way to filling our depth chart. OL and LB will be Cincy's priority before we look for replacement corners.

absolutely, damn injuries havent helped either. one thing is certain in my mine, and that is picking Joe Burrow #1

#20166 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Green Bay cannot win this game, no way in hell.

"Man loses home after betting life savings on Packer game based on prediction by Who-Dey from a forum known as pinside"

#20236 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Man, you better hope this dude produces from week one on. You seem to be putting all your eggs in the "Burrow basket". If he shits the bed, you're going to get crucified in here. And don't give us any of that "he's just a rookie" nonsense. You have built this dude up like he's going to be the next Marino, Montana and Brady combined.
Guess we'll see what happens...

Well, he is just a rc . I actually have a lot of respect for Dalton for what he has done with terrible offensive lines. The Bengals need to have a better line this year, and there is little reason to believe they wont, I mean you cant get much worse than worst, right? That said, Burrow, in my opinion, is an upgrade even from day 1. His accuracy is infinitely better than Dalton, and so is his leadership.

Its hard to describe, but being a Cincinnati fan is hard, so we look for something to cheer for, this is certainly a biggie. Im not just talking football either. In my lifetime ive seen the following, and only naming a few that come to mind.

Reds 1990 - won the world series! AWESOME, but I was 10.

UC Bearcats 1997 - Not a great team, but with the lead with seconds remaining on the clock Darnell Burton has his leg grabbed by the opposing team and is called for traveling.... literally the worst call in the history of sports, Bearcats lose.

UC Bearcats 2000 - #1 overall team in the country, Kenyon Martin, the best player in the NCAA at the time fractures his leg in a meaningless conference championship game, the go on to lose in the 2nd round.

2006 Bengals - Arguably the BEST Bengal team in history. FIRST F'N play of the game (round 1 playoffs vs Steelers) Carson Palmer has his knee inverted ripping about every tendon known to man, Bengals lose.

2012 Cincinnati Reds - Reds are up 2-0 on the Giants after winning BOTH games in San Francisco. The lose the next 3 at home, Giants go on to win the world series.

2015 Bengals (this one still hurts) - Playoff game, back and forth late game in the rain. Bengals take the lead with less than 2 mins to go. Big Ben proceeds to throw an interception, GAME OVER!!!!!!.... Just kidding, Jeremy Hill fumbles the ball, and then Vontez Burfict and Pacman commit the 2 most idiotic penalties in history, setting Steelers up for game winning field goal.

2018 UC Bearcats - 2nd round of ncaa tournament, blow a 22 point lead and lose. You know the win percentage chance thing on ESPN? Pretty useless, but it had UC at 99.9.... and they lost, lol

Im sure there are many more, but these are all memorable for me. Joe Burrow is the goat.

#20237 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Sorry Mahomes has that locked up.

I try and block that name out of my memory. Considering the fact John Ross was chosen one spot BEFORE Mahomes.... One of the biggest draft busts in Cincy history, and thats saying something.

#20238 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I only see that as a detriment if Joe fails to mature as Mayfield has. Mayfield is talented that's for damn sure, he just can't seem to grow up.

Yeah I dont see him as a leader (Baker) . Cleveland is in even worse shape than the Bengals as an organization, hard to believe.

#20242 4 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

No hyperbole allowed in the NFL thread!

I'll allow it

Fair, and LOL!

Ok, the call was at least Saints pass interference (no call) caliber.

#20245 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Baker has yet to prove he's a winner, regardless of his personal achievements. Kind of surprised that Dirtbag would get hung up on a player's personal stats over their yet to be proven leadership qualities, he doesn't seem the type.

He couldnt beat the Bengals, an impressive feat for someone trying to lead a team.

#20260 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

If they knew, then why ask Burrow if the money was real?

Reporters don't CONSTANTLY ask questions they already know the answer to?

#20265 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I can't be the only idiot here that thinks the Titans can win come Sunday right?

Baltimore got their asses beat, ANYTHING is possible.

#20276 4 years ago

Packers Chiefs Super Bowl. You heard it here.

2 weeks later
#20936 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Remember when Super Bowl ads were funny and edgy? What’s with all the depressing ads this year? Google with grandpa mourning his senile wife and some anti-vaping healthcare bit.

I thought most were epic! Last year seemed to be nothing but the serious ones.

#20956 4 years ago

It’s a game now!!

#20963 4 years ago

Swing and a miss by Audi. That was pure cringe.

#20975 4 years ago

Mahomes is comeback king of the world this season. Nothing but respect for that guy.

#20984 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

This is the best the NFL has to offer?

You forget the sarcasm tag?

#21034 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It was the funnest day in recent Super Bowl history.

Truly was a great super bowl. I have respect for both teams but did want Andy Reid to get a ring, and Mahomes is hard to route against, just a great guy. I still cant get over the fact that statistically speaking leads are (generally) safe in the NFL, especially when the 49ers and their amazing defense have said lead.

The entirety of this years playoffs Mahomes said F YOUR LEAD! Thats special. Really enjoyable game, especially after last years snooze fest.

#21077 4 years ago

In my honest opinion if the niners managed to score more points than the Chiefs they would have had a very good chance at winning.

#21095 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Man I've never heard so much crying and bellyaching in my life I dont think.

Calling BS on this as I KNOW ive seen you in the Stranger Things thread.

Joking, but you have a point, I dont understand teams changing their entire game plan just because they have the lead. It was a meltdown for sure, reminds me a little bit of this.

0ap3000000795730 (resized).jpg0ap3000000795730 (resized).jpg
#21096 4 years ago

On a side note, I heard on the radio Mahomes cost people millions of dollars taking 10 yard plus kneel downs at the end, LOL!

#21122 4 years ago

Jimmy G and the coaching staff lost this game, not the refs. It really is that simple.

#21152 4 years ago

Why would anyone want Brady? I love Brady, but unsure why any team would want him. I mean, a completely different system at his age? I just dont see why anyone would pay 15 million plus for his arm at this point. That said, the 49ers would be Super Bowl champions with him, haha.

I just hate seeing guys I view as superheroes play past their prime. Manning got a ring his last season, but he was HORRIBLE that year.

#21157 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well if you have a chance at the greatest QB of all time, or Derrick Carr, it isn't that confusing.

I get what you are saying, but I dont see the Raiders as just needing that piece of the puzzle. I could see a team like the 49ers or Rams taking him and being successful, but Oakland seems to need far more help than that. By that same logic I wouldnt want to see him on the Bengals, he would get destroyed! He has ALWAYS had a rock solid line, he needs it. Pardon my ignorance of the Raiders, but how is their line? What type of offence do they run, etc?

#21303 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Looks like another woman may be hired as a full-time assistant NFL coach.
Just interested in Hearing how much you guys hate this and why:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28661698/sources-redskins-working-hire-jennifer-king-nfl-first-african-american-female-full-assistant-coach

No issue with it, just dont see why anyone cares. I mean it isnt like women were not permitted to coach before. The media loves to feed us these stories to make it seem like its some sort of break through. A qualified woman applied for a job and got it, am I supposed to cry tears of joy and pretend this couldnt have happened 10 years ago if the same qualified woman applied back then?

Same shit when Michael Sam got drafted. They crammed that shit down our throats. In reality, 99 percent of football fans dont give a shit, we just hate made up theatrics. If a gay black Muslim woman in a wheelchair can get my team to the super bowl, thats all I care about. Enough of the side stories, they are unnecessary and create drama that doesn't exist.

1 week later
#21468 4 years ago

Burrow is definitely coming here, but I dont think I am stating anything controversial saying the Bengals are a HORRIBLY run team. They had all the opportunity in the world to make some moves this season for draft picks and they did jack shit.

Super excited to see Burrow, but moves need to be made at some point. You cant just let players slip away to free agency all the time. Make a trade every once in a while, it wont kill you. Sign a damn free agent, do something.

That said, they have had success in recent years, so it isnt all doom and gloom. Will be an interesting off season, to say the least. I just hope they put in 10 percent of the effort our beloved Reds have in their offseason. For a small market team to make so many moves is very exciting.

#21470 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

They have signed players already this off season. I expect them to sign FA players as soon as they become/if available. They have their eye on Washington OL Guard and one from the Patriots as their first choices but there will be more than a few to go after.

I want it to happen, bad.

1 week later
#21571 4 years ago

Who from this thread is going to Louisville next weekend? I want to buy you all a beer, and cheers our next hero, Joseph Burrow.

#21582 4 years ago
02FA4011-A25D-4BF2-96CF-08857CADB7B7 (resized).jpeg02FA4011-A25D-4BF2-96CF-08857CADB7B7 (resized).jpeg
#21610 4 years ago

It's been too quiet for too long. I'm still in football mode, so I'll throw some chum.
Tom Brady, Edelmann, Jimmy Fallon at a basketball game. Edelman says he's coming back. Brady looks more uncomfortable than normal and says something like "no he's not". It's a nothing story, but fun for me to watch Brady squirm and NE in a bit of flux.
Wingo called Mahomes a "HOFer" without pause or even a hint of doubt this morning on the radio. I like him as much as anyone outside of the state of Kansas, but I'm not exactly ready to give him a goofy looking jacket just yet. HOF should be sustained success over at least 5 years in my opinion. I really dislike giving current players that honor, it puts undue pressure on the real decision makers, and all around belittles the HOF. I'm trying to not to sound like an old man about this, but I really don't want the HOF turning into what the Pro Bowl has. Everyone and their brother makes it to the Pro Bowl!

Your points are valid, but I dont think anyone calling Mahomes a HOFer will get any weird looks are arguments. As Who-Dey stated, pending a career ending injury (God forbid) that guy is just simply amazing. I think it would be much less responsible calling Lamar Jackson a HOFer, because who knows what he will be in a couple years when he cant depend on his legs. Mahomes is the whole package.

*Edit - I saw a "what if" article about the Packers potentially trading for OBJ.... As a Packer fan, would you even be for that? I am not sure I would, just seems like too much drama.

#21620 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Come on man.
It's bullshit season.
Feb-March is lying season. You can't believe most of this nonsense.
It would make zero sense for the Skins to take injury-prone Tua. It does however make a ton of sense to leak "interest" to help drive up trade value.

Im on the fence, did Dwayne Haskins show any potential at all? Serious question, I honestly havent a clue. Looking up and down that roster I have no clue how the Redskins werent the worst team in football, haha.

Ill probably take shit from my fellow Ohioans, but I would literally never draft an Ohio State QB. They ALWAYS suck in the NFL. Understandable, since they rely on top tier recruits enabling them to run the most basic offence known to man year after year.

#21629 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

That would be epic. But do you think Giselle's willing to relocate to Cleveland? Can't quite see it myself.

Hellllllllll no! lol. The further South you go in Ohio the better.

#21632 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I see the Bills have signed Josh Norman, hope he does better with them than he has for Washington. Josh is another player that I question is a team player, he had a lot of things to say about the Redskins practically from the day they got him. Personally I think Washington is better off without Norman

Id pay 6 million to dump Kirkpatrick, lol.

#21649 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Well I guess it's really not unexpected but I read this morning that the NFL is going to postpone the draft until the end of May. Not looking good for sports fans......

Just ridiculous... The UFC just had an event last night minus the spectators. Its 2020, just proceed with the draft, they dont all have to be in the same room.

#21653 4 years ago

Just waiting for the draft don’t mind me.

E5624550-68B3-4719-B60A-6D59B27428D3 (resized).jpegE5624550-68B3-4719-B60A-6D59B27428D3 (resized).jpeg
#21671 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Andy Dalton 2019/20 season:
59.5 com %
3,494 yards
6.6 avg
16 TD
14 INT
78.3 rating
73 yards rushing
32 years old
Dak Prescott 2019/20 season:
65.1 com %
4,902 yards
8.2 avg
30 TD
11 INT
99.7 rating
277 yards rushing
26 years old

One of these teams has an offensive line, the other does/did not.

#21673 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yep, see how long burrows lasts.

Its a terrifying thought to be completely honest. They NEED to pick up someone through free agency. The best QB in the world looks mediocre at best behind a bad line.

#21691 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Can't say I believe the Raiders did themselves a favor by signing Mariota. He has never been better than average in my opinion and there were better choices available.

They didnt do themselves a favor by paying Jon Gruden for 10 years either, haha. This is something most people will have to fact check because its so unbelievable, but Marvin Lewis had a higher win percentage than Gruden.

#21700 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

He sucked last year, and isn’t getting any younger.

Peyton was VERY fortunate to go out with a super bowl win behind one of the most epic defenses in the history of football. I do NOT want to see Brady out there throwing half ass passes around and looking like shit like Peyton did. Take a knee, go out on top, take Gisele to a private beach away from the coronavirus, and enjoy what you've earned.

I just dont get it.... but then again, guys like Brady think much differently than content, mediocre people like myself.

#21701 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He can’t possibly need the money.

No question, his wife is worth more than he is for shits sake.

#21704 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I wish the best for him but like most of us I think he's making a mistake he should just retire IMHO.

A week ago I would have bet my house they wouldnt have canceled the NCAA tournament, etc. So for that reason I am calling it now, the Bengals have signed Brady to a 2 year deal to train Joe Burrow.

#21709 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Please tell me you are kidding? That would be a huge asinine move even for the Bengals, no way in hell we want this to happen, no winners in that scenario!

Totally kidding , the only point is after the past week or so NOTHING would surprise me!

#21717 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Been a diehard since the 70's and a season ticket holder for 14 years. I've done my time.
Now, with concussions and all the resulting lifelong injuries (and how they treat the players after their playing days are over), I'm pretty much over watching this sport. Big hits used to be entertaining. Now that I am educated as to the effects of those hits, I get less and less enjoyment out of it. Couple that with the sheer amount of money and what's happened to College football, I'm done caring. I've said many times in this thread that when TB/BB are done, so am I, and have given my reasoning over and over again.

Sad , as I believe NFL football is the best its ever been. Obviously just my opinion, but it seems all other sports have gotten more boring over time, whereas NFL football is the one thing that has gotten better. Bring on the 17 game seasons!

#21723 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He isn't, he's on the browns.

Sports are shut down, but this is a dinger ladies and gentlemen.

#21739 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You have got to be on drugs. The NFL sucks balls compared to what it used to be!

Maybe “right now” was an overstatement but I meant this era. I would be hard pressed to believe anyone has seen a better era of elite quarterbacks as we have seen in the past 2 decades.

#21742 4 years ago

Tom Brady heading to Tampa Bay. Lol

#21744 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

His "Unitas to the CHargers" or "Namath to the Rams" moment.
Come on man. Just another sucker who doesn't know when it's time to say goodbye.[quoted image]

I’m saddened , love or hate, he’s the goat. Don’t wanna see him in the nursing home because that’s not the man I remember.

#21763 4 years ago

Season is starting Sep 10th, write it down!

#21766 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sean Payton: first NFL victim of the Chinese virus/hoax/media lie that is 2020.
Starting to think November is optimistic. No NFL in 2020. I'm starting to fear we lose an NFL owner or two over this. Many are in their 80s and 90s.

I think this is real and far from a hoax. I also think a LOT can change in 6 months. As inefficient as our government can be, they want business as usual as much as we do.

edit - not trying to argue my dude , I just truly dont see this lasting till the end of the year. Obviously, I have nothing to back this up other than my faith that when backed into a corner, we tend to get out quickly. I certainly could be way off base, but I think we both want you to be wrong in thinking it could drag out that long. We all lose if you are correct, haha.

#21772 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Can we get back to talking about how big of a bust tiny fingers is going to be?

Will Todd Gurley get picked up?

#21777 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Not by Joe’s tiny hands

omg

#21785 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Good point.
This guy decided to drag a beef from another thread over here, which is terrible etiquette!
I hate crossbeefers.

Gordon Ramsay would absolutely throw shit for this.

#21791 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Bengals making some serious waves in free agency, I love it!!! Its going to be a great year in Who Dey land this year looks like!

Feels so good! They must have taken notes from the Reds.

#21793 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

2-14 to 14-2 in one years time?

Haha, i dont know about that, but if Green and the line stay healthy it certainly can be a playoff team. Bengals were beyond horrible last year, injuries were a huge part of it, and an instant upgrade @ QB isnt going to hurt. The defense looks much better as well obviously.

I do see the Bengals easily ahead of the Steelers this year. On paper the Browns are scary, but they are the browns. Ravens? Hard to say, I am unsure if they got exposed in the playoffs, but they still seem like the team to beat in the AFC North, but I think their success is short lived, and I hope Jackson ends up getting a huge contract before his inevitable decline.

Basically, long term goals, but Burrow and healthy veterans put the Bengals in an instantly good position.

#21794 4 years ago

Also, not to change the topic, but I am glad MLB will have a short season. I dont think many disagree 162 games is obnoxious.

#21809 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Holy shit . Sounds like you guys already have the parade route picked out too? Just to clarify.. you're talking about the same Bengals that have not won a playoff game since 19fukkin90?!

In a day where we should be coming together, there is no place for your hatred good sir.

#21810 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Any body looking for something sports related to watch UFC greatest fights on ESPN has been pretty entertaining.

Love me some UFC !!

#21864 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Espn HD is going to air the Wilder -vs- Fury II at 8:00 pm EST (for me) if you've not seen the whole fight. I'll be watching as I've only seen selected pieces on sports shows etc..

Fury had the performance of a lifetime, truly a masterpiece.

#21882 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

That fight last night between Fury and Wilder was a pretty good one. Man you could tell that Wilders eardrum was ruptured after eating an overhand right. I mean he was really struggling with his balance, all equilibrium was gone. Next fight should be fantastic, perhaps this year.

Wilder is an incredible athlete, but Fury is clearly superior in all aspects of boxing. He seemed insanely outmatched.

#21883 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Big contracts make it tough with the cap

Yeah I dont see anyone paying 17 mil for Andy. The Bengals (as usual) missed the boat on any sort of trade.

*edit - Just curious, if a player is cut I assume they get paid their guaranteed money from the team who cut them, is this correct? Also, lets say the Bengals cut Andy, pay him 17 mil, and he then signs for say 8 with other team. Does he keep the 17, and any sort of deal he receives from another team is then above and beyond that? Or, in this case would the Bengals get back any of their money?

#21894 4 years ago

I think teams would be wise to sign Josh Gordon, you can get away with smoking weed in the NFL now! Dude would be the GOAT!

#21896 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

His problems go way beyond the occasional toke.
Glad they finally changed that rule.

Agree completely, stupid rule.

#21901 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

His problem wasn't weed, it was drinking before every game.

Wow, I legit didnt know that. That is pretty terrible to be honest. I only ever heard about the weed, but had no idea about the other issues, sad

#21909 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Damn who's driving the car in Cincinnati, they just signed another FA safety of the Saints. Yesterday it was a LB, I think this puts them at 7-8 signings. Mike must have passed away or more likely soon after he finds out!

Mike must be in quarantine from reality!

#21952 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

There has not been any such announcement by any professional sports league.

Yeah, not doubting someone heard something, but it was probably just "what if" chatter amounting to nothing. ANYONE working in sports must be incredibly bored right now.

#21953 4 years ago

UFC moving forward with all events as scheduled. No fans, but fair enough, its sports, and a damn good one at that.

#21999 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im honestly not happy about this move and i have mixed feelings. I never felt he lived up to what he should have but i dont think he was terrible either and i always felt like he had the potential to be really good. He also left with class. He thanked Mike Brown for giving him his opportunity to play in ghe NFL and he thanked Marvin Lewis for everything that he did for him. I hope he finds another team and i wish him well. I would take him back in a heartbeat at a reduced salary.

John Ross has potential too...

At the end of the day, you gotta make plays, and he didnt. Doesnt make him a bad guy, just didnt turn out looking like an NFL corner.

#22029 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

If you had to sacrifice one NFL team to end the coronavirus pandemic, who would it be...and why the Bengals?

Probably a team no one would know was gone, like the Chargers.

#22042 4 years ago

The Saints game was the reason for that rule change in the first place. The officiating crew for that game should have been investigated and suspended from the NFL. I understand human error, but anyone with eyes saw blatant interference on that call.

I agree, humans are humans, but refs need to start being investigated for stuff like this.

#22064 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Actually I AM very good at what I do and my company profited 5.8 billion dollars last year and I didnt get rich because of it, just got my normal pay. Athletes are WAY overpaid I don't care what their skillset is. Doctors save lives and they go to school for 8 to 12 years and they make far less than athletes so I dont want to hear it.
Our soldiers give their lives for peanuts and should be paid more than athletes. Just because you are skillful at something doesnt mean that you should be mega rich because of it. LeBron James is no hero, but the people working in the hospitals and grocery stores are right now, and many others as well.

I get what you are saying, but at the end of the day doctors dont bring in the revenue Lebron James does. With proper schooling and cognitive skills anyone can become a doctor, but all the stars have to align (pardon the pun), to become a star athlete.

Not discrediting doctors, I HATED school, but the point is its statistically MUCH easier to become a doctor. Proportionately, its also MUCH easier to get a job in a grocery store than become a doctor.

P.S. Saying athletes are overpaid is like saying pinball machines are overpriced . I mean, they are, but so long as us dopes keep buying tickets and generating ad revenue, athletes are paid according to the market.

#22073 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I hear MLB is going to start in May possibly. I hope so because the Reds have a hell of a team finally. They are all going to play in Arizona if it happens with no fans. That kind of sucks but it's still better than nothing. I would LOVE to see the NHL finish their season. As far as the NFL goes, they may be affected as well because I don't think this virus is going to be over anytime soon.

Hell yes ! Also ufc 249 is happening this month on a private island. Licking my chops for sports.

#22103 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Brandon Cooks to Hou for a 2nd rounder, Rams are unloading.

So amazing to me in the NFL you can go from hero to zero in literally a season. I guess tough superbowl losses to the Pats will do that . RIP Rams, RIP Falcons

#22104 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Booooo!! I so hope that baseball season starts soon, that would be awesome. Its not much of a close contact sport so i don't really see any reason not to play the games. I have a bad feeling that they may not allow football this year though unless this virus thing really gets under control quick.

I legit believe what MLB would lose in ticket sales would MORE than be made up in TV ad revenue. I will be glued to my tv regardless of sport (ok not soccer), as soon as SOMETHING is on.

Then again, im no marketing expert, will people be looking to advertise anything during this?

#22105 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

UFC 249 cancelled, nothing live except wwe for awhile.

Caved to Disney / ESPN .

#22211 4 years ago

I need some form of sports, man this sucks.

Anyways, to RGH point, its the Panthers, they are in a very, very bad place right now, so im not sure paying a premium for that position is wise unless they have some sort of alternative motive. Reminds me of when the decimated Giants gave OBJ a massive contract, only to then trade him.

1 week later
#22284 4 years ago

Just a few days to the draft! The only 'real sports' we have for the foreseeable future. I plan to do it pretty big. I'm making some jerky this week for the first time, and plan to get some smoked wings ready for the start. I'm burning a vacation day on Friday to allow myself to recovery before round2. I told my wife that during the draft hours I will be unavoidably detained.
I've been watching (at least the first round of the) draft live with my buddy from college since 2004. This year we're hopping on XBL to have a watch party of sorts and jam on some games during the lulls. I'm bummed we can't physically clang a few beers, but I'm still really looking forward to it.
Unexpected bonus... I'm a huge stats nerd, and I built a dashboard to track my favorite prospects for this year. Since I'll be locked down in front of my desk instead of on a couch next to friends, I'll have full access to that stuff. Big TV gets the coverage, center monitor for games, left and right monitors for my dash and highlight reels.[quoted image]

Love the setup, and more so, your explanation of what all you plan to do.

#22288 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Joe Burrow will look good on that setup he has when the Bengals pick him #1 and hes holding that Bengals Jersey up and wearing a Bengals hat wont he? Yeah baby!!!

Pretty pumped about it. I actually modified a player on Madden to look as much like Burrow as possible, haha.

#22297 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Gronk to the Bucs would be interesting. If they're able to get him for a 4th Rounder that seems like an acceptable risk to see if he's still got anything in the tank after marinating in CBD oil for the past 13 months.

Idk man this one is so weird to me. He was in severe decline his last 2 seasons, and now add a year ? Love Gronk and Brady, but I don’t see this going well.

Hope I’m wrong.

#22299 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I don't love Brady at all, and will carry on just fine if he flames out this year. But it's pretty much impossible not to like Gronk, so I hope for his sake that it goes well, or at least that he doesn't pick up more concussions or other lasting injuries this time around.

Agreed, I hope he tears it up also. The offense does look good. If Winston can throw 5k yards Brady will be fine , and infinitely less interceptions.

#22302 4 years ago

One more day! We should do a zoom meeting for this thread tomorrow where a handful of cincy fans cheer at how great Burrow is and then proceed to explain how every pick after is inferior.

#22345 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I love your enthusiasm I'd love see another Niner / Bengals Super Bowl some day

hopefully 3rd time would be a charm, haha.

#22354 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Bengals are in a good spot, 1st pick in rds #1 and #2. The FA signings have opened the door after Joe, they can go best player available in stead of need. Been waiting for this for years and damn if I'm not going to run with it!

You were listening to wlw as well I assume ? Haha

#22356 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm very interested to see if this billion dollar industry can figure out how to "draft virtually," like 100,000 million fantasy players do every yearFuckign nimrods.

If this isnt gospel im not sure what is... Just like all the late night clowns who seem to be streaming from potato phones in their 10 million dollar homes.

#22359 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

The ratings are going to be ridiculous, my wife even asked me about Burrow, I told her remember Akili Smith?

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
#22393 4 years ago

This singer reminds me of Simon Rex

#22395 4 years ago

Not gonna lie, that was the worst Anthem ever. Nothing to do with the message, singer, etc. it was just... terrible. Worst editing ever. The background voices? wtf?

#22399 4 years ago

why is the clock still ticking? its so obvious

#22404 4 years ago

Whatever man. I've had sex twice, and I have three kids. Tell me that's not success.

fucks sake

#22407 4 years ago

Gotta say, this isnt nearly the shit show many thought it would be. Good production value considering .

#22470 4 years ago

Who-Dey RWH

Thoughts on T Higgins? I mean.... its only fitting the Bengals draft nothing but tigers.

#22472 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I think Mims 6'3" is the more athletic WR but I also think he will need more work than 6'4" Tee Higgins who I think can be plugged in right away. Baylor does not run an offense as near to NFL Offenses as the LSU Tigers do so I think that give Higgins the leg up.

Well to be clear, Higgins is from Clemson, but still, the point still holds, haha. STILL A TIGER!

Still shaking my head at the Packers, why pay him so much if you arent willing to give him ANY tools?

#22474 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I don't really know much about them. I'm very curious to see who they get tonight though. I think we definitely need a WR bad. We need too many things is the problem.

For sure, honestly though our receivers are straight shit outside of Boyd and Green (assuming he can stay healthy).

#22476 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Yeah just got confused on team when posting don't know why.
Bengals say they are leaning towards an OT in the 2nd rd.

Thats fair, probably the bigger need right now. Cant throw it to anyone when you are sitting on your ass.

Imagine if they acted quicker though.... and traded Dalton last year for a 2 pick.

#22480 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

You guys are pretty fired up about your Bengals....

#22491 4 years ago

I LIKE IT! Welcome to Cincy TEE HIGGINS !

#22530 4 years ago

Levi needs to change his avatar, its literally the only reason covid is still around.

#22534 4 years ago

Anyone still watching the draft doesnt want musical performances. I have no idea what's going on in the draft right now, and I'm watching the fucking draft.

Cringy shit

#22578 3 years ago

Businesses are starting to open back up. Assuming we dont have some sort of huge backlash from this the momentum will be in our favor for everything being open sooner rather than later.

I still dont see the NFL season being shortened, even by one week, but then again, im just a random guy . Personally, I believe more and more people will be willing to roll the dice the longer this goes on. People are NOT going to stay at home all summer, they just aren't. Can you imagine the shear depression that will set in if this goes all summer into next year? It isnt a realistic expectation to keep things shut down during the nicest part of the year.

#22583 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't know man. I'm pretty used to it at this point. I'm not crawling the walls and door till my fingernails bleed.
And I'm in a small ass apartment, not a gigantic suburban mansion or country ranch like most you high rollers.
Are people really shearly depressed? I don't see it.

Im personally not, but I enjoying staying in for the most part anyways. Others though, certainly. Depression is a very real thing, and this will certainly take its toll on people already on edge. Will be especially hard on countless people who wont have jobs even after this is long over. The effects of this run much deeper than a virus, and I just dont see the majority of people staying in.

Think about it like this. Statistically speaking, I believe its safe to say that the majority of us have some timeline in mind before we decide the risk is worth it. While that may not be right now for you or I, what if things stay like this till July, December, 2 years from now? My only point is that all of us have a point where we will want/need to travel, hit the bar, see our friends, etc. and the risk will be an afterthought.

Im not personally at that point yet, but I certainly feel it coming. I find myself more and more annoyed with stupid things, etc. Its petty, but my wife and I just officially canceled a trip we had planned for 2 years. We dont go on vacation every year. I know many families exist who planned to take their first vacation in many years this year, and now find themselves without a job, in addition to canceling their family trip.

My situation is petty, but the point is that other people have it MUCH worse than us. People need to get out, and people NEED to work. We will 100 percent get to a point where nothing will stop them from doing so. Its just human nature.

#22584 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Pretty used to it....really? This fucking blows....and were not even remotely depressed

Exactly. I have a decent home, couple pinball machines, pretty much every gaming system one could ask for, and still wanna hit up the local barcade, bad. My frustration is not with myself personally, but the fact it makes me think about how utterly bored those are who dont have these things.

Seeing the fucking celebs on TV telling us "wERe aLl iN dIs tOgeTher" isnt helping either.

#22585 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I won't go so far as say I'm depressed but I would like to go do a little fishing. I get depressed during winter but that has passed for me as soon as tree's start to bud my depression starts to lesson every year. I could stay home this summer if need be but as Levi said a lot of that is because I have a yard to keep me busy between relaxing on the deck or porch. Wish I still kept bluegills in my little pond so I could scratch my fishing itch , used to have them in there years ago for bait and let my grandson fish for them when he was little.

O cmon man, we gotta get you some bluegills. Serious question, you cant fish now? Is it because parks are closed?

#22592 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Yeah I could fish now if I'd have purchased my license in Feb like I normally do but can't get a license right now so river and streams are out. Pay lakes are closed too. I'm told though that by the end of this week lakes will open and if they ease up on moving around I'll go. No better place to practice social distancing than the lake or river. I'll get my hooks into some of these, blues are running right now while the water is still cool.[quoted image][quoted image]

Fantastic! Yeah man those early spring blue cats are where its at.

#22594 3 years ago

Savage, huge signing.

94220690_10216668367241190_4584154655289769984_o (resized).jpg94220690_10216668367241190_4584154655289769984_o (resized).jpg
#22612 3 years ago

The niners are a super bowl winning team with Dalton.

#22613 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I bet the Steelers or Patriots sign Dalton.

Yick.... I pray you're dead wrong about the Steelers. Really respect Dalton, and I would feel weird things if he were a Steeler.

#22618 3 years ago

Maybe. Dalton doesnt strike me as a guy that's tough to coach, though. In my eyes, BB doesnt need to win with a nobody, just someone other than Brady.

Yeah no one should be concerned with coaching Dalton. His coachability rating is 114.2 for his career.

#22620 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How can I find out what my coachability rating is?

Yours is 72.8, not NFL caliber, but decent.

#22653 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I also read where the Bengals have declined WR John Ross's 5th year option. I'm glad they are finally giving up on that ass clown.

Fantastic! He was set to make 15.7 mil.... which is 15.7 mil too much .

#22697 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

[quoted image]

1C533E58-DCF5-444C-B4CA-AB3041670FDF (resized).jpeg1C533E58-DCF5-444C-B4CA-AB3041670FDF (resized).jpeg
#22713 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

“Landover Maryland” is not the same as “Washington DC” but otherwise that’s solid memesmanship
Oh and there won’t be an nfl season in 2020. Sorry bengals fans, hold off on that super bowl parade for at least a year.

Just curious, and you may be correct. Why would you think this way though? Businesses are opening back up now. Why would you write the entire season off in your mind? Even if games have no fans, etc?

If you are correct, we have a much, much bigger issue than any virus.

#22729 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes “business are reopening.”
No, that doesn’t mean there’s any real connection to reality there, or that it means things are getting better. In fact, things are getting worse, and will continue to get worse for the foreseeable future.
Don’t believe me? Listen to the trump administration (just don’t listen to trump himself, who is just making up numbers on a daily basis like he wings every thing else).
I just don’t see how with 3,000 or more people dying a day and hundreds of thousands of new confirmed cases a day we are gonna be seeing minicamp it anything else football related. There will be no season in 2020. The fact that “businesses are reopening” has zero bearing on that and probably just extends our time without football.
I used to think we’d get an abbreviated season staring in October, but I was in as much denial as everyone else. 2020 is a write off. The entire year season. Unless you are into NASCAR I guess.
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/495971-trump-administration-projecting-3k-daily-coronavirus-deaths-by-june

There is a live UFC event slated for this coming Saturday. Its just an opinion, I get that, but I strongly believe if we are forced to write of our entire summer we are going to do more damage than any virus could ever think of doing.

I cant wait till the day accurate antibody testing is available, which will show just how many of us have already had this.

#22732 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’m still thinking there will be football one way or another, it’s Goodell and the evil empire after all.

Exactly, we still have months before football season to get this sorted out. UFC is having a huge PPV event THIS SATURDAY. I cant see into the future, but I just can not see an entire year without football. Too much economic impact, to an already unstable economy. People need to work to survive.

#22736 3 years ago

Opening day for South Korean baseball! Its on now baby!

#22741 3 years ago

Im team UFC all the way. Boxing, for the most part is a snooze fest for me, but many say the same about certain UFC fighting styles. Really wish Khabib was fighting this weekend. Very surprised a dude who wrestled bears as a child was scared of traveling.

#22744 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Boxing is dead as f*ck. The UFC has taken over. You wanna see how much of a man you are then step in the octagon! Love it.

As a whole I would say dead, yes. Every once in a while you get an absolute gem though. Fury Wilder was an absolute war the first time, second fight was more of a father taking his son to school.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I was just bummed the few times I’ve bought a UFC fight the main event took less than a minute. The under card stuff was great each time though. Made it worth the money.

Yeah Dana White typically does his best in getting some fantastic match ups for the under card. This Saturdays event is absolutely stacked. Every fight on the main card should be war. Beyond pumped for this event.

As a side note, and this being an NFL thread, you will get to watch Greg Hardy get his ass beat!

#22780 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I saw him play in person the last year Andrew Luck played.Luck handed home his ass in a 20 to 0 beat down.A good QB can lead a team back ,like Russell Wilson does

My man, lets step back a min. I am by NO means on team Dak, but lets be honest. Literally ANY QB in the league can have their ass handed to them on any given day, it doesnt equate to them being great, or not being great.

Lamar Jackson SHREDDED literally every team he faced... and then got destroyed by Ryan Tannehill in the playoffs. It by NO means makes Ryan Tannehill the superior player.

That said, yes, Andrew Luck is far superior to Dak.

#22782 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Luck is held together with duct tape and won't play football again, so it's kinda moot.
I personally hope and pray that this Ohio fantasy of ANdy Dalton taking over the Cowboys offense in 2021 when football happens again comes true. As a Skins fan I can't think of anything more awesome.

Here you are again with your conspiracy theory that the NFL isn't happening this year. They are literally hosting a UFC event this Saturday, and you still think the NFL wont happen in some capacity (fans in the stands or not).

Also, Andy Dalton will tear it up with a good offensive line. He's no Joe Burrow, but he will always be the GOAT of Cincinnati in my heart. Just listen to your heart Levi, whats it telling you the right thing to do is? Open up, and allow Andy in.

#22805 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If dalton is the cincy goat, is Marvin Lewis also the cincy goat?
I don’t remember Sam Wyche going to the playoffs 6 years in a row or whatever.
Also...damn this discussion must be pretty depressing if you are a bengals fan.

You talk about being depressing for Bengals fans in this thread? Us Bengal fans, despite being fans of one of the worst franchises in the history of football, can still cut it up, and dream about Joe Burrow being the second coming of Christ, all while having absolutely no historical reason to believe so. We come in here, Ric Flair style, and proudly boast about our historically horrific team, believing that Andy Dalton is rivaled in skill only by the great Al Bundy of Polk High, all with a smile on our face.

Then there is you. Already writing off the entire 2020 season. Im not sure you have the correct definition of depressing my friend. In a world of Dak Prescotts, be an Al Bundy.

#22809 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m inspired.
Can we talk about a different team now? Any team? Please?

I like the Saints and Vikings. Respect all teams not the Steelers.

#22816 3 years ago

Looks like Brady’s new team is starting 0-1.

#22827 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I figure I should chime in as one of the few Dallas Cowboys fans on here, I should set the record straight on Dak. He is not even close to the best QB in the league. He is realistically around 10-12. He has a chance of moving up in the ranks, however, but it will involve him running more and learning to take advantage of defenses. He needs very good players around him to be successful because he cannot really take over a game. He will likely never be in the top few QBs.
The good news is he is a good leader, gym rat, a big film guy, dependable, he can run, and he doesn't really get hurt.
The bad news is that he isnt super accurate, he has some trouble making good reads and exploiting defenses, and he tends to check down too much.
He isn't worth 40 mil. He isnt really worth 30 mil, but thats where todays NFL is. I would be shocked if he signed for any less than 35, and he will probably be closer to (or at) 40.

Probably one of the most realistic Dak posts ive seen. You have Kirk Cousins hitting potentially OVER 40 in 2022 for the Vikings, which is just insane. Dak will get crazy money, despite being mediocre. Pretty much any starting QB whose team has the intention of remaining starter, will get paid.

#22846 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think Steve Young was better!

Young was way better. Agree 100 percent.

#22852 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There’s a few great qbs who were never surrounded by great teams. You aren’t going to find any of these ancient Bengals qbs among them. Sorry guys almost nobody outside of Ohio remembers most of these JAGs you guys are blathering about.
Not an Archie Manning among them.
The bengals are without a doubt one of the historically worst five teams in the NFL, with almost zero history or players of note, Beyond Anthony Munoz.

Wants to talk about any team other than the Bengals...

.....Talks about Bengals

Just giving you shit my man, hope you understand. Love this thread.

#22853 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I grew up going to every Niner game with my Dad so I've seen some great QB play.....I love Steve Young, and he was a stud.....but saying he's way better than Montana is crazy talk....we can argue all day about the all time greatest QB's and theres no right answer .... but what I do know is Montana is always in the top 3 when the discussion takes place.

Yeah its all good. I am biased because Joe beat up on the Bengals 2 straight super bowls. Both all time greats.

#22860 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey you guys wanna talk bengals and nothing else, let’s talk bengals.
Indeed, what is the historically worst nfl team of all time? You probably have 6-7 contenders.
It ain’t the bengals, due to their 2 super bowl appearances.
It’s not the bucs or saints, due to their Lombardi
It’s not the browns or lions, who won some nfl titles back in the 17th century.
Jags haven’t been around long enough.
I think you’d have to whittle it down to the cardinals or falcons?

I wanna talk about football to be honest, you should be thankful though. Imagine if RWH, Who-Dey, myself, etc. were Steeler fans? Talk about a shit show thread at that point.

#22869 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm inclined to give it to Atlanta too. Their all time hall of fame never-to-be-equaled Super Bowl choke job has to cinch it. I have a co-worker who played for Atlanta in the 70s...he gets that shell-shocked look when I ask him about the old days.

28-3 Never forget. I cant imagine the soul crushing that did to Falcons fans.

#22896 3 years ago

All this talk about great quarterbacks and not a single mention about Michael Vick? What he did to opposing defenders in Madden 2004 was just nasty.

Never will there exist a more dominant player.

#22901 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Say what?! I won’t say much upon my qb..I think we all know how good this guy is..[quoted image]

My apologies guys, I thought there were more gamers here, haha. I mean, I did say Madden.

#22904 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I know that you said madden..it’s all good. just all this bengals talk..besides the ravens, who’s gonna contend w the chiefs in the afc? Maybe the titans? Steelers maybe..I still think that the toughest division is the nfc west..

First of all, f the Steelers. Second of all, I really do love the Chiefs, and really think Baltimore is going to be unstoppable this year. Lamar Jackson is an absolute monster. Loved watching him at Louisville.

#22916 3 years ago

21AE3260-AB6B-4BDD-B879-CEC4D9EC3065 (resized).jpeg21AE3260-AB6B-4BDD-B879-CEC4D9EC3065 (resized).jpeg

About to be a pro bowl free agent safety !

#22924 3 years ago

UFC on tonight, NFL will be playing a full schedule, MLB announcing this week their plan for season, restaurants opening in a week or so, life is good. So happy for this horseshit to be over with.

#22928 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Oh it’s over with? That’s great news.
One of the ufc fighters had to pull out because he has covid-19.

I choose to focus on the positive. Things stay shut down, we become worse off. It isnt even really an opinion anymore, things cant stay shut down forever, sorry.

Also, find me the last time at LEAST one fighter didnt have to pull out for one reason or another.

#22932 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not one person on earth has suggested we shut down things “forever,” sorry. Don’t know where you came up with that straw man.
But football in September?
Let’s just say I find your naive optimism charming. That’s not even an opinion anymore!
Interesting - if not optimistic- reading from sports illustrated:
https://www.si.com/mlb/2020/04/10/sports-arent-coming-back-soon

Sorry for use of the word "forever" , but you know what I meant. If I am naive for thinking things will be normal sooner than later, you are certainly equally naive for thinking the opposite. Reality is somewhere in the middle I am sure. We probably aren't going to have a completely "normal" NFL season, as im spouting off about, but you then have to admit you were being over the top in stating there would be NO NFL season this year.

Truly, im not trying to argue, but just as you are passionately stating worst case scenario as fact, I'm on the other end. We are both naive.

Also, I am not going to give merit to an article written a month ago by an opinion piece writer.

#22934 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I didn’t ask you to give “merit” to it, I asked you to read it. It raises a number of points you might find interesting. You’d rather not hear those points, fine with me, but don’t pretend to have any credibility when all you are interested in is happy talk and nonsense like “we’ll only let 10k people into the stadium,” “staggered entry” and all that other poppycock im hearing from the nfl. It seems absolutely ridiculous to me.
I’ve read a lot of “opinion pieces” during this crisis, and come to the conclusion that many of them are pretty much horseshit. But how do you rebut them when refuse to read them, and your sole source on this issue is Dana White?

I agree with many of the points you are making. Not even trying to be snarky, but I truly am confused why you seem to think a positive spin on this is a bad thing. Ive never downplayed anything, but the more we learn about the countless people who have had this, and had no idea, is nothing short of proof that this isnt as bad as originally thought. I for one, am thankful for that.

Also, give me some credit, Dana White is a GREAT source for news!

#22936 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I guess I just don’t want you to raise your expectations so high only to see them cruelly dashed.
And touche on Dana White!

Ive seen some shit man, nothing would surprise me, but much appreciated. On another note, I still have a winning 10 team parlay from last season. Totally forgot, lol.

#22941 3 years ago
6410CF2F-B053-4838-9A2D-875690B22180 (resized).jpeg6410CF2F-B053-4838-9A2D-875690B22180 (resized).jpeg
#23020 3 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Not exactly breaking news but the KC Chiefs are the reigning Superbowl champs. Not trying gloat but it feels really really good to be able to say that. I was only 3 the last time that happened and now Im in my 50's. We've had some pretty lameass qb's and had to suffer while Elway and then Manning beat us up. The Broncos are hated in KC, more than the Faders. Now it is our turn to dominate and it feels so sweet having an awesome qb. We should probably pay him though.

Gloat all you want! That's the whole point of being a fan! Also, I cant imagine his payday when his rc contract is up. He will be deserving of every penny.

Also.... he was chosen one spot AFTER the amazing Jon Ross. Hindsight is always 2020.

#23043 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You guys forgot the dead one

Wow bro. Henry was no thug. Pacman and Burfict, yep.

#23096 3 years ago

You said a mouthful. Agree 100 percent.

1 week later
#23199 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I honestly cant think of anyone worse right off the top of my head.

CNWY3IVEPII6RAOLA4BXWMMOGA (resized).jpgCNWY3IVEPII6RAOLA4BXWMMOGA (resized).jpg
#23200 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Vegas has them at 4.5 wins this year.

You aren't taking into consideration the Bengals are used to playing in empty stadiums. Every game will be like a home game for them this season. 8 plus wins.

#23202 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Absolute Horse Shit statement, if you're a Bengals fan, we are in trouble.

Totally joking good sir .

#23221 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Why he's better than most QB's in the NFL....I'd easily put him in the top 15

Yeah he isnt bad at all. I think QBs that arent top 5 are just looked down upon when they sign huge contracts. Its a valid mental block most of us fans have. Its just hard to fathom a guy like Cousins ever in his life made more than Brady, etc. Many, many variables in the QB market, but right or wrong its human nature to look down on something like that. Joe Flacco, Derek Carr, Nick Foles, etc are also in that category.

#23231 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Top 15?!? It's hard for me to rank him that high because obviously Dalton takes up at least 4 positions from #7 - #14

Fair point. I’d never wish an injury on anyone (most people) , but if Dak goes down you bet your ass the red rocket is going to the playoffs to lose in the first round. It’ll be like Dak never went down, and that’s a hell of an insurance policy.

#23235 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

OK I don't wanna freak anybody out but Skins' QB Haskins been working out with Antonio Brown.
Too bad Rivera is the coach and he'd never bring that guy in but I kinda want it to happen just for entertainment value.
Also Ochocinco was "playing" DB in their workout sesh for some reason.

Lol. That dude is always interacting with some team. I believe a couple days ago he was defending Diggs. Love it.

#23261 3 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

I think Drew Brees is gonna be on the market soon.

I highly doubt hes going anywhere. His timing was horrible, and he obviously missed the message, but did he really say anything that was offensive? Had he said what he said a week ago no one would have even raised an eye to it. I don't see his teammates holding a grudge for long at all, Drew seems like an extremely loved and respected person in the locker room. He will smooth it over with the locker room, he loves his team.

#23266 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Brees over the past couple years has been a source of embarrassment and consternation for New Orleanders...I mean, they love his QB skills, they love that he brought them a ring, but every offseason lately he says or does something cringeworthy that does not reflect the city's values and offends his fans and teammates. And now he's pissed off most of his locker room. If he weren't "drew brees" people would be calling him a "locker room cancer" at this point. Maybe they'd even call him a "thug!"
Probably for the best that he's almost done.
He's getting pretty good at apologies and explanations though. Should prepare him well for his inevitable run for Congress in a few years.

They probably also like the fact that he has been one of the most charitable people in the NFL since joining the league... but yeah, lets focus on a couple things he has said.

I agree he has said some stupid shit, but an embarrassment to the city? What a joke.

#23273 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Have you ever BEEN to New Orleans?
It’s a majority black city. It’s a diverse city. And brees is an embarrassment, absolutely, as he has now offended every single black teammate and fan, as well as many other teammates and fans.
And nobody gives a shit about his charities. Every single nfl player and owner has numerous tax shelter charity / foundations etc. doesn’t excuse him for offending his entire team and City being completely insensitive to their concerns during this crisis.
It’s time for ole drew to take seat. Go away old man your time is done, in more ways than one.

I have not , but would absolutely LOVE TO. Seems like an amazing town. Im sure the entire city of New Orleans appreciates you speaking for them though.

#23275 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Did Brees say something other than he couldn't agree with disrespecting the flag? I've only seen that comment, something else in another article?

No, this is the comment that made national headlines for some reason.

#23279 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You need to step back and take yourself out of the equation.
Drew Brees, beast of a player, HOF QB leader & all around great guy, is getting blown up by his own teammates. If you're not understanding that situation than that's kind of on you.

You are stating the obvious. I know he upset people, he knows he upset people, but I was just pushing back on the fact that he "embarrassed his entire team and city". This isnt a true statement, by any stretch of the imagination.

#23280 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Correct. Once again, people making ZERO attempt to understand anything. It’s like the past week hasn’t happened.
Whatever happened to “shut up and play?” Fascinating that people who get upset when a certain nfl player takes a knee suddenly are all for free speech and protest when it comes from drew brees.
Nothing ever changes. If you really have any interest in any of this, just google “drew brees” and you’ll see what dozens of nfl players and activists think about his comments. And then you can just disregard them and continue to not understand any of this.

You just like to argue honestly. If you dont want to address the entire context of what people say, you dont have the right to accuse others of making zero attempt to understand anything.

It just seems like you want to be miserable, which I hope I am misunderstanding.

#23282 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You keep saying “I don’t understand. I don’t understand. People are angry at brees for some reason. Which reason? No idea!”
This has nothing to do with me, and everything to do with you. Maybe one day you’ll warm up to the idea of “understanding” all of this. I wish you luck on your journey.

Literally already said I understand why people are angry at him, multiple times actually, but ill just stop pissing in the wind, because my pants are now wet.

In all seriousness, its a dream of mine to watch a game in the Super Dome, and hopefully before Brees retires.

#23285 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You’ll find New Orleans to be among the most hospitable home crowds with some of the friendliest people, even toward visiting fans.
It’s a great city. I’ve made a number of lifelong friends there and created countless amazing memories.

Great to hear, I wasn't being sarcastic stating I want to visit. I love everything about the area that I have seen, and as weird as it sounds I love even the nearby swamp areas.

Unfortunately I have only been to one NFL stadium in my life, but really want to visit more. Superdome certainly tops the list, as it just seems like an absolutely amazing atmosphere to see a game. US Bank Stadium is up there as well as lambeau .... but early in the season because to hell with the cold.

#23296 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Lets just agree to disagree and get back to the greatest sport on earth NFL football!
[quoted image]

Believe it or not I actually like the Ravens. I LOVE Lamar Jackson and pray he has a long healthy career.

Fuck the Steelers

#23298 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ravens are a classy org for sure.

Dont be angry just because they got the good Harbaugh

#23335 3 years ago

I think most of us giving each other shit would be just fine conversing and hanging out in the real world. I would buy all of you a beer, even though Levi would most likely bitch about it being to cold, or who knows whatever he could find wrong with it at the moment, but you know what? Thats ok

#23338 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Serious question...... What does this mean? Is there a very specific set of guidelines that allows you to identify as a member of this group of people? If I put a large group of liberals and conservatives together, what I be able to identify what each one looks like? What core values make someone a member of each group? This is some of the more recent political labeling that I struggle with. What does it mean to be a member of these two (apparently) distinct groups?

Were together 100 percent here. Labels, and parties for that matter should cease to exist. How archaic is it that we have to force ourselves into one group of ideologies vs the other. One of many things keeping people divided.

#23339 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don’t get why you single me out. Plenty of people complaining about plenty of things.
Why not get in Romulus for telling me to go looting with blacks? No issue with that?
And You guessed it, I don’t like beer. Please make it a tall glass of bourbon with plenty of ice!

Im not trying to single you out, but even though you dish it, you seem more than capable of taking it. Its honestly all in fun, but im equal opportunity, and happy to mess with anyone.

To answer your specific question I dont know if Romulus is joking or not, so it doesnt feel appropriate to mess with them.

I get the feeling you arent looking for literal answers though, lol.

#23431 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Dalvin Cook is holding out for a new contract, RB is the worst position in the NFL to get the big payday.

This doesn't seem like the year to get your way in a holdout to be honest, especially for a RB, haha.

#23436 3 years ago
835A651C-6E83-460A-8066-955337CCF7C2 (resized).jpeg835A651C-6E83-460A-8066-955337CCF7C2 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#23532 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Ben has been a HOF QB since entering the NFL and when he retires this year they will be a non-factor in the AFC north. He'll get in 1st time or should, many who should've been a no brainer ended up not getting in for a couple years or more.

He’s been a star for many years. Can’t stand the asshole, or the Steelers, but NO denying that talent.

#23533 3 years ago
Quoted from CPanther95:

Now show us a pic of what the Bengals would look like if they were men.

Maybe Ben would stay out of their locker room if he thought they were men.

1 week later
#23688 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is who Dey quitting football again?!
Over the redskins name?!?!
LMAO
As a redskins fan for 40 years, you know what FINALLY convinced me it was time to change the name, after decades of it rattling around in my head?
When I saw the type of people who were the most opposed to changing the name, and the moronic opinions they offered why. I was like...dude...are you REALLY gonna be on the same side as these people?! They are using the same dumb arguments they use to justify all sorts of other stupid, backwards, regressive things I hate.
The answer of course was no, I can’t lower myself to that level and embrace these kinds of divisive politics just to cling to a stupid name. These people aren’t even redskins fans and they are dying on this hill, just to, you know, piss people off.
I Knew it was time to just let it go.

I understand what you mean with the "am I going to be on the same side as these people" comment, its a fair point. For me it just seems like things are changing based on whoever screams the loudest, and I really dont like that. I dont think any business should be forced to change anything about their business based on mob mentality. If people are offended, then simply dont support said business. It seems like were listening to each other less and less these days.

Also Who-Dey , cmon man lets not play games. Youll be glued to the TV watching every Joe Burrow snap, its fate.

#23704 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

He’s worse than every 2nd and 3rd string QB in the league? Doubtful.

The issue is he wants starter pay. He sucks for starter pay. If he was willing to play for 2nd string money he would already have a contract.

#23706 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Fair point, but I’m not going to pretend to know what he wants as far as pay. I haven’t read anything that says he wants starter pay. He hasn’t played in like 5 years. Not much more unreasonable than that, if he indeed wants starter pay.

I dont know the details either, but the Broncos did offer a contract which he turned down, and he (supposedly) wanted 20 million to play in the international league, which is insane.

I just believe if he were willing to play for market value, he would be in the league. The NFL doesnt have a history of shutting out players because of drama, if they have the talent to back it up. I mean, plenty of murderers, wife beaters, child abusers, etc to show talent brings the fans, and money.

#23711 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You can’t compare kap to any of those kinds of players and you know it; if he’d just smacked around a girlfriend in college, or got a dui or whatever, of course he have been playing pro football for most of the past 5 years. The kind of “drama” You are talking about traditionally doesn’t upset the nfl (not its fan base) very much.
This was something completely different; no less than the PRESIDENT of
The United States seized upon this case to fuel a culture war and the league took note. It was turned into something way bigger than the nfl itself and no team - nor the league - wanted to be associated with that kind of turmoil.
I had not heard about any insane contract demands, seemed to me like for the past 5 years, no team was remotely interested in calling him in for a workout, seeing what he had left, or discussion contract terms with him in any regard.
I really think it’s apples and oranges, and it’s obvious he was blackballed by the league. Didn’t they end up paying him millions of dollars because of this - a tacit admission that this is exactly what happened? When you look at some of the jokers who have been employed as professional QBs over the past 5 years in the nfl I don’t see how you can come to any other conclusion.

The point was the NFL has put up with a LOT worse with players who actually had talent. The point wasn’t to compare him to a murderer as a like for like.

You are making it way deeper than it needs to be. He’s a Tebow caliber player who thinks he’s worth Brady money.

#23713 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

First off we all saw steelers 2nd & 3rd qbs last year; anyone that's doesnt think Kap could do better than that is lying to themself.

Source? Only won I've found says diff'rent
According to reports at the time, the Broncos were offering Kaepernick a deal with $7 million in base salary. That year he was slated to earn $11.9 million in base salary from the 49ers.

He wasn’t slated to earn shit from the 49ers, they were going to cut him. In this case you are my source, he turned down a 7 mil base, more than fair for a backup caliber qb.

#23725 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yea he turned down 7...where are you getting your 20 number and entire tim brady narrative from?

Multiple sources claim he wanted 20 million to play for the AAF, I cant even tell you what that is, nor can I validate anything, as its all speculation rather than public knowledge. We do know he turned down 7 mil base, which is more than fair! Add in performance bonuses, and he could make some serious money, and additionally put himself in position to make way more via extension, assuming he played well. Hell Cam Newton just signed for 1 million base, and I believe hes way less of a gamble than Kap.

This said, im just a random dude. Im voicing an opinion, and it doesnt make it any more valid than your opinion. The only thing ill consistently stay with is believing he would be in the league, if he was requesting a reasonable salary. Was he blackballed? Who knows, none of us are NFL owners.

#23726 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Not true....Niners had him under contract for something like $15M and he had a player option and turned it down. He hasn't played in the NFL since he opted out of his contract. Listen I watched this guy for several years, and he was a decent QB, but no where near elite level. That being said he's definitely better than most back ups, but my guess is the owners didn't want to deal with the distractions

I dont have an understanding of option contracts. Serious question, if the niners cut him, does he earn anything? Same situation with Andy Dalton, he was going to make 15 million IF the Bengals took the option, they didnt, and now hes a backup on the cowboys for less than half the money.

So I am legitimately ignorant on the way options work in contracts, among many things

#23730 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He opted out becaus the 49ers were goi gtobcut him anyway. He was offered a 5millionn pay cut trade with the Broncos as their starter and he refused the trade

Dont take my ramblings the wrong way. Id love to see him sign for the Steelers @ 5 years 150 mil.

#23734 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

49ers were going to cut him

You lost both times to the Steelers last year with the worst 2 qbs ever .

But we won the #1 pick in the draft. If you're going to lose may as well be the best at it. No need to half ass it.

#23775 3 years ago

Mahomes and Chiefs reach an agreement on a 10yr contract extension. That puts him under contract through the 2031 season.

Good signing, very happy for him.

#23792 3 years ago

Digging deeper into the Mahomes deal, it's not so great for him. Obviously you have to put it in perspective (as I can already hear the blood boiling from some of the posters here)..
This article does a decent job of explaining it.
https://sports.yahoo.com/patrick-mahomes-contract-extension-chiefs-record-mike-trout-nfl-022213912.html
The point of the difference in the way MLB and NFL contracts are reported made me take note. That's true, and I never really considered it.
To offer a comparison, Kirk Cousins is due at least 60m in guaranteed money over the next 2 years. Mahomes is due 63m of guaranteed money over the next 12.

To afford Mahomes I heard the Chiefs are simply not going to draft a receiver, ever

#23823 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Fans of loser teams

We stand together.

#23827 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

As much as I’d love to see the Washington whatevers pick 2 again it doesn’t really seem fair

On the bright side, you could end up with Trevor Lawrence, haha.

#23841 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

it can also be spread through sharing jerseys after the game, but the NFL took care of that one!

This rule hit me hard, lol. Absurd.

Kind of like the ufc fighters wearing masks during the weigh ins today, when tomorrow they will be beating the shit out of each other, while also bleeding and sweating on each other.

#23873 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well the NBA reopening is going well.
I don’t see how nfl - or anybody - pulls this off.
Rumor is Holmes went to Chic Fil A.
[quoted image]

Well, chick fil a is delicious.

#23890 3 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Not really sure how the KC Chiefs fan celebration chant is offensive. Crazy times.

This is a thing ?

#23909 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Huge resigning of the big man on D by the chiefs!!!
[quoted image]

Chiefs not playing games this offseason.

#23915 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

lol well they won’t be playing any games during the actual season so...
Also it’s “re-signing” not “resigning.” I seriously thought they had lost Spagnulo!

I realize that was a softball for you.

#23964 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I heard a little of that...is a red wolf a thing out there?

Sadly red wolves are critically endangered now. They used to be pretty much everywhere but now are pretty much isolated in a large sanctuary close to outer banks NC. Had the privilege of seeing one in the wild last year while driving around the refuge. Its pretty amazing that there is a little known place within 20 mins of the beach where you can find black bear, rattlesnakes, and the rare red wolf. Makes you question how much better off the world would be with less people ruining things.

Unsure the tie in to Washington.... but interesting choice of a name.

#23990 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Some of the best teams in the history of the NFL couldn't do it, wouldn't expect the chiefs to, but good luck.

Im sure you could say this about lots of teams throughout history, but pending injury I see few people competing with the Chiefs. Maybe Ravens if Lamar can have even ALMOST the season he had last year.

#24047 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But they are playing these games in home stadiums?
Dozens of chances for players to do something dumb like go to Applebee’s.

This is dumb regardless of pandemic.

#24055 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Of coarse Borrow just acclimating to the speed of play in the NFL, opportunity to work with receivers at full speed, there are so many reasons. Burrows is vital to the team. I'm hoping Cincy doesn't put him in harms way behind a line decimated from quarantines. I don't want excuses I want to see this kid play but I want him to be prepared to play.
I truly believe this kid can be very good, how good remains to be seen but I don't want it to turn into another David Klingler debacle and it ruin his career.

David Klingler..... man, talk about bad memories. May as well bring up Aliki while you’re at it.

#24062 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Am I the only one here who watches the PBA? Have always enjoyed bowling and I like to watch the pro's.

Its been a min, is Parker Bohn still the goat?

#24075 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

And the verdict is in!
The Washington Football Team.
Has a nice ring to it. Haha

Dont let this distract you from the fact that on this day, July 23, 1996 a hero by the name of Kerri Strug brought home the gold on an injured ankle.

USA!

#24093 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

A big step for the Cincy crowd!
I cant ever think of siding with the owners at any point ever. Maybe if I searched the history really hard inwould find something.

I side with players with exception of MLB, haha. I am not against players making money, but I feel a much stricter team cap is needed. There is no good reason for the Yankees and Dodgers to literally have 5-6 x the budget other teams have.

It just doesn’t create a very competitive environment. That said , the Reds have a more recent World Series victory than the Dodgers, which is absolutely comical.

#24098 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No.
Tyson was completely washed up when he quit. He was destroyed by tomato cans like Kevin McBride and Larry Donald, and was a shell of himself for at least five years before that. He has no business fighting 15 years after his last pathetic performance, even against an old man like Jones. Hopefully this is all scripted and nobody gets hurt.

Hes a new man now. DMT has transformed him into a much more perceptive Tyson. Tyson wins by knockout in round 2.

#24112 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Baseball is back!![quoted image]

#WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

The Moose is loose !

#24127 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Silverstrike is so damn fun! And every skill level can play this game as it only has one rule! " must have beer in non-throwing hand tho "
[quoted image]

Very nice , same folks who make golden tee?

#24148 3 years ago

Can a team be so bad off at the safety position to justify 2 first rounders? Does upgrading safety suddenly put you in contention for a title? I guess this is why im some random IT guy and not an NFL gm.

#24149 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is Silverstrike an old game? I remember i was at a bar about a year ago and they had a new bowling machine in there that people were playing where you rolled the ball like on Golden Tee. I figured that it was something brand new that had came out. I dont know what it was called, I just assumed that was Silverstrike bowling?

Yeah I guess the dont update it annually like they do Goldentee. I didnt realize it but the same company makes a mini golf game as well called powerputt. My wife and I have spent hours playing that. Braxton Brewery has one, and its a blast.

#24153 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They may have made that Bags game as well. (Cornhole)

O I know BAGS! but didn’t know they made it. Awesome

1885FD44-CA45-44AC-B3C8-273A33CCD852 (resized).png1885FD44-CA45-44AC-B3C8-273A33CCD852 (resized).png
#24171 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Did you see the WNBA player walk off

No, but thats because its the WNBA, no other reason

#24178 3 years ago

"A former San Francisco 49ers star was found guilty of raping a woman described as mentally delayed while using a gun"

"After raping her, investigators said, Stubblefield gave her $80 and let her go."

"His attorneys had denied the woman suffered from any disability that prevented her from agreeing to consensual sex."

Yikes

#24201 3 years ago
0508D494-A4A4-4C4B-A1A2-7F16097DAE04 (resized).jpeg0508D494-A4A4-4C4B-A1A2-7F16097DAE04 (resized).jpeg
#24223 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Every subjective list ever made is worthless.
Except for the web sites they drive traffic to.

You're telling me the pinside top 100 isn't the end all be all?

#24227 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

That's what I meant they suspend him 8 games during this season is BS it amounts to NO punishment for his deeds while they lay the wood to most other players.

I did read the suspension will NOT begin until someone actually signs him, which is good.

#24236 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And the NHL is using EA Hockey around for their crowd noise; awesome.

Would be epic if it were the 95 sounds, lol. Just the endless 16 bit goodness.

#24255 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I stopped playing video games when I was in high school.

Hey man sorry about that .

#24263 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Because the newer games were so complex & you have to devote hours and hours to be any good or advance in the games.. annnd I started to hang out with girls and drink beer.

O man you should have clarified, agree completely. I cant get into the "new" games. Always loved madden though, they started getting silly with the qb vision, etc, but it is easy enough for a novice nowadays. Games like call of duty make me want to destroy everything I own.

1 week later
#24311 3 years ago

Just trying to avoid lawsuits and a potential PR nightmare if an unpaid student dies, it really is that simple. The conferences and schools dont really give a shit if someone gets sick. They are willing to take the loss this season to avoid scrutiny for years to come.

Levi, to your point, if they paid the kids no one would bat an eye, and we would have football as normal. This said, I believe if it were up to the kids the vast majority of them would say game on. College football indeed sucks, for many reasons.

#24317 3 years ago

NCAA is a rudderless barge.

Today I learned barges have rudders, I should have known.

1 week later
#24361 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I would be interested in getting in one.

For sure , and extra points if you have a player with covid.

#24390 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

SOB this will probably end his brief history as a Bengal. I can certainly understand him being upset with concern for his father and maybe this guy he beat up had something to do with his disappearance, either way I hope it all works out for him and his father is found alive or he gets justice for his father.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bengals-player-arrested-while-searching-for-missing-father/ar-BB18oUvZ?ocid=msedgdhp

Such a bizarre situation. He just left camp a day or so ago to help find his father, only to beat up the one man who was with him? Would love to know the whole story.

#24395 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They didn’t get any free agents those years. Haha
In other news, heard Big Ben is throwing like Phillip Rivers now. That’s encouraging.

Unfortunately Lamar could be even scarier this season.

#24401 3 years ago

I thought I heard the NFL was going to take advantage of the open Saturdays. Skimming the schedule I haven't seen any updates. I really hope they're still planning that... Saturday night NFL football is the best.
Today marks 2 weeks to kickoff. It's hard to believe.

I want to sleep for the next two weeks in preparation.

#24414 3 years ago

Happy to see the Bengals were able to lock up Mixon. Maybe they learned from everyone else's RB drama over the past few seasons.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-joe-mixon-agree-to-four-year-48-million-contract-extension-per-report/

#24425 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I remember this one time a guy was good in college at doing something but not in the pros....weird right?
43 Red zone carries, 3 tds....just not good. Like I said, better line could change it

ap_c01_draft_19_1539277-copy (resized).jpgap_c01_draft_19_1539277-copy (resized).jpg
#24430 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Even worse was Cuntjana Carter great in college but barely average in the pro's.

Forgetting the GREAT Akili Smith ?

#24438 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

All becasue one lucky(poor) pass in playoff OT

It beat the Steelers, so in my book it was one of the greatest passes in NFL history.

#24440 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's almost as if the Bengals have a terrible record of high pick draft busts!
I'm sure that will change with Joe though.

Burrow is 3rd in MVP voting in my Madden league, which directly translates to real life performance. So put that in your pipe and smoke it, checkmate.

#24450 3 years ago

Is it Thursday yet?

#24468 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

And yes..im not trying to troll! i know I'm a donkah for thinking the cowboys will be good this year! But i can't help it! I watch the nba playoffs (Go Raps) but looking fwd to Thurs nite!

Support who you support, wish more people did. Happy to see so many people with faith in their team. Coming from a life long Bengal fan its easy to give fans of other teams pep talks.

Curious how ratings will be for this season, I would think very high, but I would think so about anything right now. Does anyone know if people are actually watching the NBA or MLB right now?

#24502 3 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Found the home field advantage numbers from 2008-2018
Top Ten:
Patriots
Ravens
Packers
Steelers
Saints
Seahawks
Vikings
Falcons
Cardinals
Broncos
Bottom five:
Browns
Buccaneers
Jaguars
Rams
Raiders

Home is just a mindset.

Home is where you make it.

#24534 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Why the fuck are the Lions favored?
Mitch ain't getting pulled for a month.

Vegas always seems to know things us normies don't.

#24554 3 years ago

Cris Collinsworth is the definition of saying whatever is on your mind. Man he stinks.

#24584 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I am completely hammered right now. I am doing a shot everytime I hear the phrase "the crowd sounds way louder than 16,000" .

I wish I could hear the crowd. Cris C is synonymous for the mute button.

#24600 3 years ago

I hear the KC chant! Where is the dude who does it in his living room!!!??

#24606 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I feel like DeShaun Watson is drastically overpaid watching this game.

He probably has Dak Prescott foaming at the mouth right now.

#24608 3 years ago

Mahomes throwing on the run just looks unfair

#24620 3 years ago

Props to the NFL. Unlike MLB, NBA, etc. tonight actually felt like a real product to me. Sunday I anticipate this thread to be a complete shit show, in a good way.

#24639 3 years ago

Asking because I genuinely dont know, but can anyone give me the cliff-notes on what is going on with college football? I only catch snippets but it seems like the big 10 backed out, and no one else followed lead?

#24645 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Anybody want to talk about football?
Chiefs looked pretty good last night. Clyde looks to be the exact type of runner to give the team a fantastic ground option when defenses try to slow down Patrick.
On the other side, JJ Watt looks to be back in form. He was very disruptive all night and frequently won his match-up against the KC line.

The Chiefs look like the team who just won the Super Bowl. They were prepared, thats for damn sure. They pretty much laughed off a 7-0 deficit, but its become obvious from last year that leads against them are meaningless. Very exciting team to watch, and very scary if they are up against your team.

Also, impossible to not love Mahomes.

#24652 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I just loved being preached to by pious professional football players - they are so above reproach.
BTW, "The Arrest-O-Meter" on this site is pure genius! | http://www.nflarrest.com

Interesting site, Pacman Jones holding down the top spot! Also RIP Chris Henry . Intriguing the Falcons top the charts for animal abuse, and that doesnt even include Vick! WTF is in the water down in Atlanta?

#24672 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

There are a ton of different reasons, including a small number who have been turned off by politics, but when comparing to last year's opener, it was Bears vs. Packers. That is an all-time classic rivalry.
KC has a loyal fan base, but HOU is always going to be DAL's little brother until they can get over the hump of slightly above average football in spite of their coach.
The opener was also competing against playoff basketball... When has that ever happened?

Does any of this matter though? I am sure it does to an extent, but you would think ANY NFL fan would have been glued to the TV Thursday to watch some real football. Especially when you conciser the fact we had no preseason, etc.

Im sure you are right, and match ups have much to do with ratings, but I am surprised it was down compared to last year. Personally ive never been more excited for a season to start. Im sure part of my excitement is its almost impossible for the Bengals to do worse than last season, but certainly Covid has most of us stir crazy and craving some NFL football.

#24683 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ratings were down 16.1% and the NBA is down around 50%. Nobody cares about baseball anymore and Nascar who was going down the shitter anyways has completely tanked thanks to Bubba Wallace. People are fed up with multi millionaire babies who don't have a clue what it's like to work for a living and struggle to make ends meet.
The NBA kneeled on 9/11 even during the playing of the National Anthem and that really pissed off a bunch of people. The athletzls that are ruining pro sports wont be affected but they are destroying their teams and future athletes salaries.
Also I have quit watching pro sports because of all of this. I turned the channel immediately after the National Anthem Thursday and I will not be watching the Bengals game Sunday either other than to see what kind of BS they are gonna pull. Its rumored that they are going to make a big stand like all if them kneel or maybe they stay in the locker room during the National Anthem. If that happens the TV goes off.
Also the ratings will keep dropping instead of getting better. Anyone who thinks this is ok has something wrong with them and people better wake up and care about things like this. Anyone who puts a football game before our country, veterans, and military is a very stupid person.

I respect your stance mr Who-Dey, and I have the utmost respect for our men and women in uniform. I think anyone who disrespects what they do is a pile of shit in its purist form.

That said, I truly dont think the majority of people kneeling, etc. believe they are being disrespectful. I am certainly not saying they arent, I am just saying I believe, that they believe they arent. As much as I personally would never kneel during the anthem, I believe they have the right to do so, so long as the NFL allows it. At the end of the day, they are a business, and will literally do anything, so long as the money is coming in. You are talking about an organization who has punished people more so for smoking weed than beating women.

Personally im going to go the route Russ seems to be going and simply not tuning in to any pregame festivities. Do whatever you feel is right, but I just think you are robbing yourself of some quality entertainment, just as I feel like the folks who protest Chick Fil-A are robbing their taste buds of a delicious chicken sandwich.

P.S. - the Vegas odds of you missing Burrow throw his first touchdown are like +2000, so its doubtful anyone is winning this bet.

#24692 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Finally, some sense kicked into this thread. Their chicken sandwiches are stellar.

Gotta be spicy though. Life is too short to not order spicy.

#24697 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Exactly, something has changed. WTF would you do that to such a great item on your menu? Also Wendy's hamburgers are different than they were. They are still ok but not quite the same and smaller. I would rather they leave things the same and just charge me more money.

Want a real kick to the nuts? Think about when you were younger. TGIF was on ABC and you decided to order a Pizza Hut Supreme pizza. Life is perfect....

Now, think about Pizza Hut today, fucking joke.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
2,465 posts in this topic match your search for posts by jandrea95. You are on page 1 of 10.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jandrea95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread?tu=jandrea95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.