pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
1c6b92ca89c98fbc3e43e1d285c4cb24.gif
Screenshot_20240316-204400_Brave (resized).jpg
pasted_image.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53769 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Erik (1 year ago)

Post #71251 draft values Posted by Deaconblooze (51 days ago)

Post #74765 Fandom Posted by DanMarino (4 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

1,324 posts in this topic match your search for posts by fosaisu. You are on page 1 of 6.
#6113 8 years ago

Denver and Carolina next week.

#6117 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Peyton is a shell of his former self.

I doubt even Manning would argue with you. If Denver's going to win it will be on the D as it has been all year. It will be a tough game but I think they've got one more home win in the tank. I don't see them (or the Pats, frankly) beating Carolina in the Super Bowl, but one week at a time!

#6132 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Manziel to Dallas. Only Jerry jones is dumb enough to take a head case like him. Al Davis would have back in the day.

Isn't Manziel still on a bender? Hard to imagine anyone hiring him if he's not even pretending to be sober. Still, would love to see him in Dallas, couldn't happen to a nicer team!

#6137 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

As a giants fan I would LOVE for him to be in Dallas. Or philly and washington for that matter.

Precisely! I'm praying Philly takes another look at Tebow and the Cowboys roll the dice on Johnny. Would make next season in the NFC East a lot more entertaining.

#6142 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Honestly I think that would make the NFC east unwatchable.

I didn't suggest it would be watchable, just entertaining (as Pinchorama points out, moreso for Giants fans)! Although I'd happily tune in to watch the Eagles lose with Tebow ...

1 week later
#6248 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Two weeks between games

And if you don't like that wait, imagine how long it is after next week til pre-season!

1 week later
#6389 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I know Denver had the #1 D and they were SUPER impressive.....but Cam did choke. Missed easy passes even when he didn't have someone in his face. Did he forget he can scramble? I know sometimes he didn't even have the opportunity but still.
I will say the by the 2nd half Denver's D had him looking like a deer in the headlights.

Yeah I haven't followed the Panthers much other than in the playoffs but I think Newton just got overwhelmed and was making bad throws even when he had a little time. Not much anyone can do when they keep getting hit with that kind of pressure, Brady had the same reaction two weeks ago.

And on that note, Go Broncos! This D has been so much fun to watch all season, and I can't wait to see what Elway does with the team next year. When's preseason start?

#6404 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So after the game Peyton says he's going to drink a bunch of Budweiser. WTF?

Yeah that was weird, and pretty awkward when he accidentally said later that he was "going to drink a bunch of beer" and then had to correct himself and say Budweiser. Budweiser says they didn't pay him to say that (and good thing since there's a league rule against being sponsored by alcohol manufacturers). But Manning evidently owns a Budweiser distributorship, so he was plugging his own product. Would have been hilarious if he'd been eating a slice of Papa John's on the podium, but I guess we had to settle for that fleeting image of him kissing PJ on the field.

I don't care for Budweiser particularly, or crass commercialization in general. But as an atheist and beer drinker, I did appreciate that Manning mentioned Bud before he got around to "the man upstairs."

#6412 8 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Looks like a name change for this thread is in order. No longer 2015-2016.

I thought it was devolving into a rugby thread.

1 week later
#6473 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not many dished out punishment like Ronnie Lott. Guy had his finger cut off so he could play.

Yakuza?

1 week later
#6493 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I haven't read it either but is there anything new that wasn't reported 20 years ago? He teabagged a trainer, amirite?

I think it was more "Roman helmet" than "teabagging" but otherwise you're up to speed. As you say, nothing new that hasn't been reported several times before, other than that the NY Post evidently just learned about it.

#6507 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Nice!
img25420721_(resized).jpg

Whoa, how about a trigger warning? Some of us Giants fans are trying to enjoy a late lunch ...

1 week later
#6513 8 years ago

I think Houston significantly overpaid for Osweiler. That said, Broncos are in an uncomfortable situation for the moment with no clear answer at QB. Will be very interesting to see what Elway is able to put together.

#6516 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well that is pretty much how free agency works. All the FAs that weren't overpaid, probably stayed put.

The Broncos were trying to overpay him too, just not by as much. Glad the Texans intervened!

#6528 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You heard it here first. The Broncos trade for AJ Mac for a 1st and a 3rd. mark it. Broncos already offered a 2nd and a 4th that I believe the Bengals turned down.

I'm intrigued. Google doesn't seem to have heard yet - what's your source?

#6530 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just listening to Cincy sports radio all day. I couldn't find anything either. Just rumors really. But GB just got announced today so......

Very interesting - Denver sports radio is all Kapernick with a hint of RGIII, but they completely miscalled Osweiler going to Texans so wouldn't shock me if they're missing the real story again!

#6533 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What was said was that Elway called bengals and offered a 2nd and a 4th. No word on what else happened, whether is was ignored or declined. But if I know the bengals like I think I do, they hold their ground on trades. That's what they did for the Carson Palmer trade to Oakland and it paid off. We shall see.

Elway has a reputation for hard-nosed bargaining too, and for not being afraid to walk away (exhibit one being Osweiler). I'd be kind of surprised to see the Broncos give up a first round pick for McCarron.

#6535 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Has Denver not seen his tats?!?

Go on ...

#6539 8 years ago

Wow, that's depressing. Maybe an Alabama art major did those for him in exchange for game tickets? I especially like "Home Team," very convenient in case of a trade.

#6559 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Did I miss the news that Manning is retiring? Sanchez? WTF!

My first thought as well - but the plan has got to be to have him as a #2, which seems like a pretty good place to put him. And frankly with the D playing the way it was I think we'd still have won it all with Sanchez in at QB for the playoffs last year (doesn't mean I want to see him taking the field next year of course).

#6562 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I was gonna say the same thing. Sanchez can't be any worse than Manning was last year. Surely he can play as good as Osweiler was doing most of the time and the D will do the rest. I wonder though if that D will be the same. They just lost Trevathan. Have they lost anyone else?

Yes they lost Malik Jackson which is a bigger deal than Travathan. I think they'll still have a killer D though, and will find decent (if not perfect) replacements. Bigger issue is probably that the D was performing at peak level for most of last year (and definitely in the playoffs). It's putting a lot of pressure on them to assume they can do that again. Have to build at least some threats on offense to give a chance of success when one or two key defenders have a bad day.

#6567 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Looks like the Broncos were talking with Fitz but he's asking too much. Probably not gonna get much if you nickel and dime at the QB position.

True but Fitz is apparently asking $18m a year which seems ... unrealistic.

#6590 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That was pacman's only PF penalty of the season.

If he was only going to get one, you have to admire his restraint in waiting for the worst possible moment.

#6616 7 years ago

Hey CF, it looks like your boy Rodgers may be angling for a cameo on the next season of The X-Files:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2627136-aaron-rodgers-has-an-incredibly-detailed-story-about-the-time-he-saw-a-ufo

#truthisoutthere

#6636 7 years ago

Yeah, no one gives a s#%t if he's gay, he throws one hell of a football and that's what he's paid for, not bird-doggin' chicks and bangin' beaver.

Now let's get back to the point, which is A-aron's close encounter of the third kind.

3 weeks later
#6655 7 years ago

Giants schedule looks extremely winnable. Hoping they decide to play out the last few minutes of their games this year.

Broncos schedule doesn't seem terrible for a defending champ and that week 11 bye is nice. Unless the offense completely implodes they should be back in the playoffs again this year, but #1 seed will be tougher.

1 week later
#6679 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I cant even walk more than a few steps without getting aroused.

If it's been four hours, you should call your doctor.

2 months later
#6799 7 years ago

Glad to see Denver closed the deal with Von. I don't have a great sense of the overall cap implications (and hopefully it doesn't tank the Broncos' ability to reup Sanders) but it sure is fun to watch him play.

#6810 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh I didn't even look into that today...no way they'd let him go.

Yeah, Elway misplayed that negotiation, resulting in a pissed off player and Denver out an extra $10m in guaranteed money. But hopefully Von can put that all behind him when that first massive check clears, and get back to punishing Cam and Brady.

1 week later
#6843 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Don't get me wrong the guys an idiot, but it is just weed. I read that the NFL will be really softening their position on weed suspensions.

They'll do so eventually, country as a whole is clearly heading that way and it's hardly a PED.

1 month later
#6957 7 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Breaking news. Tony Romo suffers broken bone in back. That was a rough looking hit he took the other night. Looks like Dak Prescott might get his shot earlier then expected.

Jesus, the guy has an arm on him and as a Giants fan I've suffered through my share of Romo-powered comebacks, but he seems to literally be made of glass.

#6988 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

This is the rumored answer

It'll be interesting to see if Denver decides to cut Sanchez. I'm hoping they hang onto him, not that he's exciting by any means (he certainly didn't earn the right to start for Denver) but if the inexperienced first and second string QBs aren't able to hack it, having a "meh" option in the wings might be a relief come week four or five. A seventh round pick and a few million bucks seems like a pretty cheap insurance policy.

#7004 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sanchez is a hell of a lot worse than a "meh" option. He's absolutely terrible.
But in a league where Matt Cassel keeps getting opportunities it wouldn't shock me if the Vikings are stupid enough to go after him.

Oh, I agree Sanchez is far from hot, and it's not like I'm excited to imagine the Broncos starting him this season. But are there a bunch of backup QBs floating around on the open market that are significantly better? There's just a big talent drop-off at QB in the NFL, and although Sanchez is on the wrong side of that line, I'd rather have him kicking around in case Siemian turns out to be a dud (he hasn't been awe-inspiring in preseason) and Lynch still isn't ready for prime-time. Regardless, looks like the Denver D is going to have to carry on carrying the team if the Broncos are going to make something of this season.

#7005 7 years ago

[dupe]

#7034 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He's a Cowboy.
Warms this Redskins fan's heart.

Giants stock also rose significantly when Romo broke his back again. And I'd be perfectly happy to see Dallas start Sanchez. Should be another bumpy year in the NFC East, hopefully the Giants can remember how to win the occasional close game and keep it interesting into December.

#7063 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

It's interesting that the Panthers are the favorite tonight. We'll have to see if Cam learned from his Super Bowl meltdown.

Don't forget that the Panthers were also the favorite in the Superbowl by a decent margin. They were the better team on paper last year, and are again tonight. As a Broncos fan I'd love to see a repeat victory, but can accept that it will be an uphill battle against a strong and motivated Carolina.

Quoted from dmbjunky:

Probably because Denver's defense has lost a couple of key players and the offense hasn't improved on paper.

I think the Panthers are a good bet to win tonight because they're the more well-rounded team and because Denver is looking likely to have a very weak O again this year. But I wouldn't bet that the D has substantially eroded. How much of a difference will the loss of Malik Jackson and Danny Trevathan make? Conventional wisdom in Denver is that we've got solid replacements in place and that it will be less of an adjustment than you'd think. Now of course if pieces keep falling out (I'm looking at you, Talib) it will start to take a toll.

#7121 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

picks for tonight? I'll pick the Redskins. I always pick the Redskins.

Condolences.

#7139 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Uh never mind
Fortunately I have any Nyc pinball league match starting in 5 minutes! Let me know what happens...

There's always next week. Plus it's the NFC East, hard to imagine you'll need more than 10 wins to take it.

1 week later
#7214 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have no doubt the Skins can remain competitive in the terrible NFC East, and that Pitt is one of the best teams in the league. Doesn't mean it isn't disappointing to them - again - flop terribly against a good team.

Hope you had league again yesterday -- not a great day to be a Washington fan. Looking forward to their matchup with the Giants next week.

#7223 7 years ago

Wow, the Bears really are terrible.

#7278 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Come on now. Manning eats Papa John's and drinks Budweiser. Brady has never tasted a strawberry and I'm fairly certain doesn't drink coke or alcohol.

I'm sure Brady is a hoot at parties too.

#7314 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

The Vikings lost their qb in pre-season and AP in their home opener and amazingly are 3-0 with wins over Green Bay and Carolina. I'm still pissed they play in a dome again but I didn't see them doing this well.

Here's an article to warm your heart about the Vikings' prospects going forward this season:
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-vikings-and-ravens-are-in-for-a-rude-awakening/

2 weeks later
#7446 7 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Ok Chargers, don't blow another 4th quarter lead

Miraculously they didn't. Broncos O-line needs to get better, and quickly, the penalties were just brutal tonight. At least Denver lost to the 1-4 team in the division, still seems least likely to come back to haunt them as a tie-breaker.

1 week later
#7526 7 years ago

Damn shame that Denver let Osweiler slip away. He really showed the Broncos what they're missing tonight.

#7528 7 years ago

Are you tweeting, o-din?

#7534 7 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Bonus of having a wife who's favorite team has lots of merchandise is I can buy lots of useless crap for her. (Even though it's really for me ) $3 at a local shop.

If you head to Oakland, there's probably plenty of Raiders swag free for the taking out on the curb for trash pickup!

#7537 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sounds like someone's nervous the broncos are going to be dethroned!

Not really - but I was just hanging out with a Raiders fan who is very bitter about the Vegas move!

AFC West has actually had good competition the last few years, which is more than you can say for most divisions. But I don't think the Raiders are quite there yet. Looking forward to their first matchup with the Broncos though!

#7540 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

First time my Raiders have been 6-2 since 1977, we set the records for both Raider passing yards and league team penalties... What a game!
Go Raiders!

Looking forward to the matchup next week for sure. IMO Raiders have had a soft schedule thus far and are going to be found wanting in Denver, but the Broncos are far from flawless this year so should be a good game!

#7544 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Denver at home on Sunday night is going to be huge! Primetime Baby!
Go Raiders!!!

Bring it on! Is the game plan 600 yards passing, 300 penalty yards? The first isn't going to happen against this D (especially with Talib back) but we'll let you keep the penalty yards since that seems to be integral to Raiders football. Maybe an even 200/200 this time.

#7552 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

7-2 Baby! Go Raiders!

Hats off, Raiders were dominant on both sides of the ball. I'm hoping Denver has its D intact next time and wins round two. But that was tough to watch.

#7554 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Who was missing from the D? I was wondering why the score was high.

Most notably Talib. That was VERY evident last night. And Wolf went down during the game (evidently a fracture, so more bad news). Would still have been a tough fight given the anemic offensive performance but it'd have been tighter with Talib in.

#7559 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Carr passed for 184 yards and no TDs. Not sure Talib would've really made the situation that much better. Raiders just looked like the better team last night.

It wasn't 500 yards passing, for sure, but there were a number of key passing plays that extended drives or put the Raiders in scoring position that I think Talib would have simply shut down. He's that good. Plus he's often good for a pick, which could really have shifted momentum. Hopefully we'll get to find out in January if he would have made a difference.

2 weeks later
#7625 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Has anybody heard from Centerflank lately?

I heard after he sold his pins, got ripped again and quit Pinside, he bought an ape and is bare-knuckling his way across the country a la Clint in Every Which Way But Loose.

#7626 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And yes the Giants can't seem to lose. I can't figure that one out either. I guess they are good?
Nah that can't be it.

See you in 2017! Will be interesting to see how many NFC East teams make the playoffs, I definitely wouldn't have predicted this at the beginning of the season.

#7630 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Big game tonight! Let's go Raiders!!!

Every time I watch Brock Osweiler play, I feel deep relief that Denver dodged that bullet of mediocrity! Not that the WWF officiating crew helped him out any. Were those the only guys willing to travel to Mexico to work the game?

1 week later
#7736 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Not to mention the "rule" did not exist when the league started. He decided to create it mid season. Plus the "rule" was really intended for
bye week players being in a lineup and IR players being in a lineup.....not game time decision players. Think I'm bitter much?

Are you trying to goad him into rejoining Pinside by converting this into a "centerflank: world's worst fantasy league administrator" thread?

1 week later
#7876 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Giants have Daks number.

Both defenses were very impressive last night, and neither offense looked great (Eli's usual assortment of picks and fumbles was not fun for this Giants fan to watch, though the Beckham TD was sweet). If that Dallas long field goal try had been 8" higher things might have ended differently. Here's hoping they meet again in the playoffs!

#7877 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Broncos looked like crap today

Yep. Denver defense is going to have to return to playoff level performance to have any chance of beating the Patriots next week. Win or lose, I'm hoping that Miller and Ware get to Brady as much as they did last year, that was a lot of fun to watch!

#7886 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pats have won 90 straight games at home when leading in fourth qtr.
I'm pretty sure the bengals franchise doesn't have 90 total wins in their history. Haha

Must be so boring to be a Pats fan!

1 week later
#7989 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

If the Dolphins had a running game, Marino would have had at least one ring. Elway didn't get his rings until the Broncos got Terrell Davis and a tremendous O-line.

Wishing Denver had half of that o-line this year ...

1 week later
#8140 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

yourteamcheats.com

They really should change the URL for that site - after deflategate everyone knows it's maintained by Pats partisans with Gronkowski-level writing skills and only loosely tethered to reality. Rename it "NFLcheatreport.com" or something and buy a few months of unearned credibility.

#8146 7 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Welp, gotta say I'm happy that we dont have to play the pack...

Giants will take care of them for you.

#8206 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Bets? I like NYG and I say they cover. 40 quarters?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just to be clear I'm using that spread that was posted earlier. GB giving 4.5. May the game be exciting!!

Hey Astropin, no pressure but if you've got another 40 quarters to wager I'll take the same bet. Strictly rooting interest here, but I have to like the Giants' chances since Eli tends to overperform (or start performing?) when the Giants claw their way into the playoffs, and their defense is finally stout again.

#8215 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

How many lions players have lost a game playing for the lions in the playoffs? The 12th man may be the difference but those dumb stats wont.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Per usual I don't even know what the fuck your point is. Almost all of these lions lost 2 seasons ago in the playoffs. Maybe your point is Seattle is going to win; no shit

Perhaps a Pats fan still salty re: losing to the Giants in the Superbowl? Third time's the charm? Just think, if the Pats win this one and Brady can stave off father time for another few years, he can hold out hope of achieving an even record against Eli in the big game before he hangs up his cleats.

#8224 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I would choose Brady's career over Elis a million times over. You would choose Eli. Because you are a moron.

Pats fans gonna be Pats fans. Love it!

#8235 7 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I'm hoping this is the year that I can change my avatar pic..

I'm hoping you can change it to a "2017 NFC Wildcard Participants" ring. They make those, right?

#8248 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

My worst case scenario is our 3rd string QB, loses as everyone thinks he will...
My best case scenario is he and the entire team plays so fantastic, you can hear Brady "gulp" at the end of the game!!!
Wishful thinking I know, but I'm a dreamer!
Go Raiders!!!

Hats off on a strong season, bad luck with the late-season injuries. Looking forward to some good matchups and rekindled rivalry with the Broncos next year.

#8287 7 years ago

Rough end to a lame weekend of football. Astropin, I'll PM to arrange transfer of your winnings - GB appears to have covered the spread!

#8294 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Raiders, Lions, Dolphins and Giants fans are now invited to root for the Patriots. We'd love to have you and know you were just waiting for an invitation. Welcome aboard.

#8341 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Probably the way it went in the 90s. Half full stadiums with crappy teams no one wants to go and see.
The San Diego community blew it. Instead of taxing out of town guests and having a nfl team where minimum 10 weeks a year (8 reg and 2 pre) people fill your town, hotels, restaurants, etc and pump cash into the local economy. YOU GET NOTHING! Oh, well your politicians spin it that the roads will get improvements. Enjoy them.
As for the Chargers, why would you want to be second fiddle to anyone, especially the Rams? Spanos is a cheap bum. Billionaire pinching pennies? Build your own stadium and reap the rewards of leasing YOUR stadium, 10 weeks of ticket sales and concessions, etc...

San Diego community probably made the right financial call (the math never works out on publicly financed stadiums) but I'm sure plenty of people will miss having an NFL team.

#8489 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Me thinks you know a little too much about Favre's dick.

Opposition research. Nothing more.

#8592 7 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

GO PATRIOTS !!!!!

You're two weeks late with your gifs. If they win the SB do we get to see your rare photo of Brady taking a dump in a falcon's nest?

2 weeks later
#8713 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Brady is now the greatest Quarterback ever

Fair enough

Quoted from John_I:

and greatest living American.

Laughable

#8758 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Brady just moved 10 miles past evey other qb in the hisory of the nfl. Not sure why he is so hated. 6th round draft pick. Sincere. Never in trouble. Hounded by a commissioner everyone hates. Loves his family. Could jealousy ne the reason? Possibly?

1. Brady's a phenomenal athlete. Whatever you make of his inconsistent performance last night, no one can honestly debate that.
2. Sincere or vapid? POV, I suppose.
3. Never in trouble? Deflategate?
4. Ever see two people you dislike fighting? It's fun to watch, but doesn't make you suddenly love one of them.
5. Glad to hear he loves his family (including the nanny, right?)

You omitted a few items like that the Patriots have repeatedly been caught cheating (I know, I know, "You hate us 'cause you ain't us," but when you're top dog you're held to a higher standard, no one gives a crap if Jacksonville cheats). Plus political statements by Brady, his coach and team ownership in a toxically polarized election year (I know, I know, "what about free speech," no one argues they should be jailed for what they said, but you generally don't make friends by injecting politics into sports).

That said, shouldn't you be reveling in yesterday's unbelievable victory instead of cocooning yourself in the NE Victim Complex blanket? Hell of a dynasty and a hell of an achievement, just don't expect the rest of the country to join you spooning Brady in his Beautyrest Black and you'll be happier for it.

#8777 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The Pats are now 5-4 in Super Bowls, and that puts the Falcons at 0-2. The team the Patriots couldn't seem to beat in either Bowl they played, The Giants are 4-1.
I'd say Eli Manning's two rings are still shining brighter than any of Brady's five.

As a Giants fan I like the way you think, but we should probably all just accept at this point that Brady's an exceptional QB. (A wang in real life, of course, but an exceptional QB).

That said, it makes me smile knowing how many sleepless nights Brady has had on his Beautyrest Black thinking back to the Giants defense crushing him.

#8801 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Seriously, you are an idiot.

Quoted from Rondogg:

Jesus, are you that stupid?

Your team just won the Super Bowl, why are you throwing insults around? Just post a picture of Brady wearing all his rings or whatever (I'm assuming the inevitable pic of the Affleck's nanny wearing them hasn't popped up yet). But if you still want to get personal, at least make the insults funny. Otherwise we'll get the impression that o-din is just expertly trolling you.

#8804 7 years ago

That halftime show was shit. I hated every bit of it, except the schrodinger's cat moment when she jumped from the roof.

That was hilarious. I couldn't decide if it was suspect choreography, cameraman error, or if they decided they didn't want to broadcast Lady Gaga plummeting to her death if the harness failed so better to just catch up with her at the bottom.

#8809 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I understand that I am 50 years old and like classic rock but I don't understand how people listen to her. Are the people attending the SB ever her target audience? I wouldn't think so.

The halftime show isn't for the people attending, or for people that care about football, it's for the millions that watch the Super Bowl because it's a "cultural event." Everyone on this thread is going to tune in (or not) regardless of the music at half time, but giving non-football fans a reason to stick around through halftime is worth big advertising bucks to the NFL. So I wouldn't count on seeing many classic rock acts at halftime in the future, they'll stick with Bruno Mars and Gaga to keep those viewership numbers up.

#8839 7 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

... other than including her song "Born This Way" with pro-LGBT lyrics the producers had told her to omit.

Eh, if that's what the producers really said, f#*k 'em. There's a very broad consensus among American corporations on the right of LGBT people to exist, which is all "Born This Way" advocates. When Coors is running floats in the Denver gay pride parade, I think you can safely say that the culture wars have moved on to other fronts. But it's also improbably that she just "slipped" an unapproved song into her performance, everything is so highly choreographed (and all the singing is lip synched, right?). I have to imagine the producers heard that song 50 times in rehearsals, so I doubt they were surprised.

#8845 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

This season is now officially over! What a ride!
We need to get the title of this thread updated to show the 2017-2018 season. The OP is MIA.
Who can change this?

I imagine the options are to start a new thread, or reach out to flank and convince him it's time to come home. Unless you can convince a moderator to do it.

3 weeks later
#8879 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Looks like Romo may be heading to the Broncos. That was my prediction last year.

I am surprised he'd want to hop behind our o-line. Feels a little bit like trying to recreate the Manning experience with lesser parts, but we shall see.

#8886 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

How does their O-line compare to Denver's?

Pretty much any o-line in the NFL is going to compare favorably to Denver's. From what I've read, Houston's o-line is solid, but not Dallas-good. Still, if Romo's thinking about his health (which he should be), Houston is the safer bet. Plus they're in a creampuff division so making the playoffs shouldn't be a problem, and a ring is presumably all Romo's playing for at this point.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Except he's, literally and sadly, 10 times the QB Manning was at the end. Meaning he can throw a ball 50 yards

I think Romo has more left in the tank than Manning did at that point, at least as far as throwing ability and movement goes.

Manning was a question mark coming off the neck surgery when Denver signed him, but he was superb his first two seasons here. Of course Romo has more going for him now than Manning did in his last season (you could say that for pretty much any QB in the NFL, including Denver's current QB 1 and 2). But Romo has a solid track record of serious injuries and chronic back problems, so I'd put them in different categories of risk -- Manning was an "if", Romo is a "when."

Doesn't mean it couldn't work, of course. Romo's got a great arm and as a Giants fan I've suffered through my share of his crazy shoot-out performances. I'm just skeptical that he can stay healthy long enough to make the kind of difference Manning did for Denver.

#8894 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

After the neck surgery Manning said his problem was gripping the ball. That's why he wore the glove. It was definitely what made his last season so hard to watch. The arm strength was still there but the grip came and went which caused many floaty and wobbly passes.

I think he attributed much of his trouble the last season to foot problems.

#8897 7 years ago

Current rumor is Romo gets cut this Thursday, and that Denver remains very interested. Still not sure how I feel about it, depends if we can get him without breaking the bank and if Elway is able to leverage that into getting a better o-line together (I assume offensive linemen prefer to play for a top-notch QB that will make them look good). I understand it's a limited free-agent pool and a thin draft class, so not sure how much better that o-line's going to get.

Disturbing stat I saw recently is that in 13 seasons in the NFL, Romo played all 16 games in only four of them. Again, not sure why Romo'd want to park his glass jaw behind Denver's o-line. He's not beating Manning at chess anytime soon, but still ...

#8899 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's humiliating and depressing being a Redskins fan.

Evidently Cousins finds it humiliating and depressing to play for the Redskins.

#8901 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

washed up pizza pimp noodle arm

Don't forget that he was also hawking Budweiser after the SB. What a salesman!

#8902 7 years ago

Cowboys are now evidently trying to trade Romo after all:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18864645/dallas-cowboys-now-expected-trade-tony-romo

Hope Elway has the sense to stay out of that mess. Let Houston hold this particular bag (or just wait for Cowboys to fail to trade Romo and cut him anyway).

#8906 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Texans just got rid of Osweiler. They have room for Romo.

Yes seems inevitable at this point. Ok by me though I think Denver's money is better spent elsewhere.

2 weeks later
#8917 6 years ago

Will you stick with them? I imagine most of the Raiders fanbase wouldn't be inclined to just slide over to the 49ers.

#8922 6 years ago

Because March sucks in Boston. They survived another misserable winter, let them have this.

3 weeks later
#8951 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Always shocked me he wasn't a Bengal

Maybe in the afterlife ...

#8968 6 years ago

That is truly awesome. Makes you wonder what's on his other shoulder. Poker chip? Chocolate chip? Buffalo chip? Poncho from CHiPS? So many possibilities.

#9017 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Jaguars screwed up again taking a running back with the 4th pick. They must have seen how well Elliott has worked out for the Cowboys and followed suit. The difference is the Cowboys have the best offensive line in football and the Jags have one of the worst. They should have drafted an O-lineman.

This draft class is remarkably bad for o-linemen, so probably wouldn't have made sense to burn the number four pick on one since the quality isn't there (not saying a first round running back makes sense either, of course). I think the Broncos took the first o-lineman (a desperate need in Denver) at #20 and plenty of people are still questioning the pick.

#9022 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I think I saw last night that Broncos guy was suspended or kicked out of 5 schools and he's 25! Weird pick.

He seemed like a nutjob.

I gather he "found Jesus" and has turned his life around, but you never know if that will stick, especially once the NFL money starts rolling in. Hopefully Moroni will keep him on the straight and narrow. Him being 25 is another issue, he likely hasn't had the same amount of football wear and tear as other 25 year olds in the league, but it would still presumably shorten his working life.

In the short run, I'm just hoping he can keep Siemian and/or Lynch on their feet. O-line has been terrible for a while, and without Manning's snappy release time to hide the flaws it really hurts the team.

If nothing else, at least we left the guy currently under investigation on rape charges for the Raiders to pick up.

2 months later
#9037 6 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Gonna be weird to see my boy J. Charles in donkee colors this year..I know it's a business 1st..but still I wish him well. Except the 2 games vs my chefs!

There can't be much left in the tank for KC to have dropped Charles. But Elway will look like a genius if he somehow produces again this year.

#9039 6 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

A good O line is crucial if he's gonna be effective.

That'd be a nice change in Denver ...

1 month later
#9087 6 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Glad to have spent a lazy Sunday indulging in football..that catch by Beasley last nite vs Giants was impressive..to bad the game wasn't all that entertaining.

Giants offense was DOA last night. Hopefully that was a one-off poor performance, otherwise it's going to be a long season. Getting Beckham back will help, but if the o-line can't maintain a pocket and Eli's too rattled to perform even when he's not being pressured, they won't be able to take advantage of Beckham anyway. Will be interesting to see if they can bounce back against Detroit next week.

And that was an amazing catch by Beasley.

#9111 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This is where the Chargers and Dolphins will play this weekend and it is pretty cool with only 30,000 seats but still the cheapest ones are around $125. That will buy a lot of beer and some good meat for the Traeger.

If LA hates football as much as everyone says, take a look at prices just before game time (or even just after kickoff). You might be able to scoop something up at below-face pricing from a desperate scalper. I've had good success with this in the past for concerts, miss the first song and save a hundred bucks.

#9152 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

It was great to watch a Dallas game and not see "feed me more". Denver's defense completely shut down Elliott.

Yeah, nice to see that Denver's run D appears much improved over last year. If the O can keep it up, we might just give KC and Oakland a run for their money.

#9169 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

The Giants look awful. They did nothing to shore up their offensive line.

Yep, it's going to be a long season. I wonder why they thought Flowers had learned to play?

#9175 6 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

How about those Lions!!

Quoted from TheLaw:

how many times are you gonna fall for it man...Don't do it!

its-a-trick-get-an-axe (resized).jpgits-a-trick-get-an-axe (resized).jpg

#9180 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Coaches in NY have a shorter leash than those in smaller markets. McAdoo is a good choice even though the Giants made the playoffs last year.

Agreed, hype vs. reality for this Giants team isn't going down well with the fans, this one included. He's got another few games to turn things around, but if they end up 1-5 or something he's probably toast.

Plus if Cincy hasn't fired Lewis by now, he's got to be pretty much coach for life.

#9186 6 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

I bet if the Lions gave up the Thanksgiving day game the NFL would let them win one of these years.

Tune in this year and maybe you'll see them give up the Thanksgiving day game to the Vikings.

#9190 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I know Cutler took a lot of heat when he was in Chicago, but I always noticed the talent was there. When he was on he was on. I was actually glad when Miami signed him as it's been a long time since they had a bonafide journeyman QB. And you could see he was having fun last Sunday and had left his windy city baggage behind.

He's still carrying his Mile High City baggage though. Some bags are hard to drop.

#9203 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

OK then. I'll just go back to planning my next grill session.

Pork cutlets for Cutler?

#9205 6 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

^the donkees errr broncos are playing some pretty good ball. We all knew how good they are on D, but w Simien (however u spell his name) doing what he's doing..the afc west is the best division in the league right now..

No doubt - if Denver, KC and Oakland keep playing like this it's going to be a very interesting fall. You have to pity Pats fans in a bogus division with no real competition until the playoffs (no offense intended, o-din).

#9251 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You think having two teams would double my odds. Three teams if you count who ever's playing the Patriots, but noooooo...
That's why I have so much respect for the NY Football Giants. They are the only ones that have come thru in the last 20 years.

Yeah, and it sure is fun to watch them beat the Pats. Sadly this year's already looking like a scratch.

#9272 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

How come the Packers Giants and Bears didn't make the Super Bowl those years if legacy counts for anything? Hate the Patriots all you want but you are really grasping for a defense if this is your argument.
Seriously you are a homer for whatever garbage team you root for. If you can't see why this argument is so weak then you may also be a moron. I'm sure you just moved on from the Deflategate argument you held super tight for 2 years since nobody cares about that any more.

Glad to see you got Deflategate in there, but you left off "You hate us 'cause you ain't us"

1 week later
#9391 6 years ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

My Proline Spreads picks this week:
NYJ (-0.5) over CLE
BUF over CIN (-2.5)
JAK over PIT (-8.5)
DAL (-1.5) over GB
HOU over KC (-1.0)
If I get them all, that's $100. That's beer for a couple days!

Is KC really only favored by 1? I know they're playing in Houston but figured they'd have a bigger edge than that. But maybe I'm just biased against the Texans.

#9394 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Remember Vegas lines are put there to entice people to bet, not what they think an actual score will be

Fair point. So I guess that just means no one is betting on Houston!

#9418 6 years ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

Well, that sucked.

So no beer, then?

#9427 6 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

And now DRC isn't playing Sunday. Hopefully they wait til Monday to fire McAdoo. I'm heavily invested in Denver this weekend

This is just sad to watch. I'm a fan of both the Giants and Denver and was thinking about walking over to the stadium and picking up some last-minute tickets, but I'm not sure I can stomach it. Watching your second-favorite team demolish your favorite team may not be as fun as it sounds.

#9436 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Zeke back in the slammer!!

Oh man, I thought you meant the literal slammer and ran to Google! Just that six game suspension rearing it's head again. Something tells me the Supreme Court's not going to be interested in hearing this one ...

#9472 6 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Glad I kept Bills D. Denver

Wouldn’t have been sporting of Denver to take advantage of KC and Oak falling on their swords like that. This is how gentlemen play football.

3 weeks later
#9591 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

on the right side of the screen was a vid called something like "best football trick plays ever".
I love those plays, and wish we would see creative plays being called more often, both in pro and college.
» YouTube video

Good stuff, although the reel ends with Sanchez’s “butt fumble,” which is only a trick play if the “trick” is sucking at football.

3 weeks later
#9691 6 years ago

Still feels like the Broncos are overpaying him at the league minimum $775,000.

#9718 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And it's only one because he hit his head... Which I don't think he meant to do. Is he going to appeal it done to no games?

Seriously? Seems like targeting the head of an immobilized and defenseless player long after the whistle warrants a trip to the penalty box. It's hard to believe he wasn't aiming for the guy's head -- White was lying on the ground not moving, and no one bumped or tripped Gronkowski. I figure a pro athlete generally puts his body precisely where he means to unless someone or something gets in his way.

Gronkowski's appealing, of course. I hope they just transcribe his locker-side comments and submit that as the appeal.
“I don’t really believe in the type of shots like that, but just due to frustration process, game of football, emotions, just, just...that’s what happened.”

#9719 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm a Redskins fan, and I'd be thrilled to see them lose out at this point. I'd think most Giants fans feel the same way.

No doubt, best thing for the Giants is to lose out, even though intentionally tanking can ruin a team (Exhibit A, the 76ers).

That said, shouldn't you be rooting for the Redskins to lose too? Or are you still immersed in a wild card pipe dream?

#9728 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

We can agree to disagree. That's just what i think "knowing" Gronk, which of course I do not. I think he just lost it and tried to ram the key and hit head was there. Anyway, doesn't make any difference he hit the guys head.

With most athletes I would agree; but Gronk is just too goddamn big for his own good. He can do great things but he still looks like a lumbering giant stomping around most of the time.

Only Gronk knows for certain (if he can remember). But regardless, the league can't just ignore this with all the CTE stuff coming out now. Nor should they IMO. If a one-game suspension is out of line with the league's normal practices then they should step up the penalties for post-whistle violence. There's not much worse than a pointless, dirty hit that could easily have seriously injured another player.

But speaking of, maybe Gronk can use CTE as a defense with the league, I'm sure he's taken his share of shots to the head over the years. In that context, his locker-side speech might be valuable evidence after all ...

#9729 6 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Living in New England has been rewarding as a Patriots fan for many many years.

Well there's got to be some recompense for tolerating all the Massholes, right?!?

1 month later
#10081 6 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

The key will be if the Jags can pressure Brady the entire game. He's average at best when under constant pressure and if you look back 95% of his losses were when he was harassed the full four quarters. Jags can press him with just the front four leaving others to drop back in pass protection.

Worked for the Giants in two Superbowls, and the Broncos in their last few playoff encounters. If you keep hitting Brady he gets rattled and starts looking mortal, same as anyone else. Can the Jags do that though? I haven't followed them this season, but the fact that they gave up 40+ to Pittsburgh makes me wonder if they've got the defensive chops to pull this off.

#10102 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Remember when romo would flirt with qualifying for the US Open? Do you think CBS will let Tony Romo call a golf event? The excitement and enthusiasm he brought to the nfl booth might translate over to the pga. As a long time pga fan Ive gone from watching almost every weekend to now watching the majors and a few other events. I think some new voices that aren't ex golfers would be refreshing.

Norm MacDonald would be a great hire for them. He live-tweets a lot of PGA events, and is pretty knowledgeable (not to mention hilarious).

#10111 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Let me just say, as a Steelers fan, all the big teams get the calls and they always have & always will. Steelers get more frikkin calls than anyone. And many are at the biggest time with the biggest bullshit attached like Super Bowl XL.

The "Michael Jordan effect" is alive and well in all sports. Premier stars (and premier teams) generally get the benefit of the doubt from the refs. I highly doubt it's a coordinated or even a conscious thing. The refs are human, they've got perception biases just like the rest of us, and if they come in anticipating a certain kind of performance from Brady, or the Steelers, that's going to subtly shade their calls on marginal plays.

#10192 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm done selling the shitty Eagles short. They are going to win the Super Bowl!

They sure are shitty, but would be fun to see their scrub QB take down Brady. I’m guessing we’ll see another 15 point performance like vs Atlanta though. Oh well.

#10249 6 years ago

Mayweather?

#10251 6 years ago

Apollo Creed?

#10268 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not really. But I have watched a lot of recent games. And maybe without the refs help, the pats may have had to do a road game in the playoffs, and maybe not even made it past the first round.
And I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

C’mon o-din, the fact that NFL refs favored another team one time conclusively proves Brady isn’t getting preferential treatment. Unbiased Boston media source FTW.

#theyhateuscausetheyaintus
#TB12
#glutenfree4life

#10294 6 years ago

Is the conclusion that you should buy his TB12 quinoa sports bars and drink water to avoid sunburn? If so, where do I sign up?!?

#10304 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't suppose you remember the game where the Giants beat the Bills on wide right.

I do. That was a good one!

#10377 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I'm going to sustain myself on the tears of the Patriot haters. Yummy!

Not TB12 approved. Only water for you, or you’ll get a sunburn.

#10418 6 years ago

Is Trenton in PA now? Some kind of land swap?

#10458 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Are you kidding? Can't believe noone is talking about the Eagles bobble touchdown that should have been overturned. By the time he got control of the ball his foot was clearly out of bounds. I think it was payback for all the calls that in the past always seemed to go the Patriots way.

Meh, it was a pretty close call, I might have called it the other way initially but I can understand why they didn’t overrule it (When did he have possession? And was his foot definitely out of bounds anyway? Couple of tough calls there). Will give Boston something to bitch about until next year though, so there’s that.

On to another seemingly controversial TD, I haven’t watched enough football this year to be up on the rules stupidity, but is there really an argument for a guy making a clean catch, taking three good steps, and breaking the plane but not having a TD (nor a fumble, but instead an incompletion)?

#10462 6 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

Well... there is this play which went the way of the patriots.... it's a dumb rule... if you have control when the football breaks the plane it's a touchdown. But under this rule if the ground causes a fumble it's an incomplete pass even after the ball cross the goal line.
» YouTube video

Does anyone defend that rule? Seems completely contrary to the NFL approach to touchdowns in general.

#10494 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

and they still lost to a backup QB being coached by a backup...
you would think with all their talent and experience that they could have won this one. LOL. nice capstone for TB12, definitely seems that ego got ahead of them.

Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Brady had a good game. Put up the most passing yards in a playoff game. Patriots defense was terrible though.

I saw a headline "Eagles Win Best Game of Tom Brady's Career," which seems pretty accurate. The guy's an idiot but he's one hell of a football player, and he had a hell of a game (doesn't hurt to have Gronk receiving, but still), so you can't hang the loss on him.

#10495 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I like to rewatch games when I'm sober. So on Tivo there's a skip commercials feature for some recorded shows. For some reason, it is skipping the game and going to commercial breaks!

Tivo is doing that as a gimmick - not sure if there's a way to turn it off!

#10550 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm watching an interview they did with Nick Foles at Disneyworld earlier today. He's got to be one of the most humble winners this game has seen. He deserves it for sure. Certainly a class act.

Plus he's got those "Elway Teeth." He's a natural!

#10603 6 years ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

Just a little of what is being said in Indianapolis.
There is sleazy, and then there's Josh McDaniels.
There is duplicitous, and then there's Josh McDaniels.
There is fraudulent, and then there's Josh McDaniels.
There is, well, I can't use most of the words that accurately describe McDaniels, who left the Colts at the altar Tuesday, backing out of the team's head coaching job less than 24 hours before an introductory press conference scheduled for 4 p.m. Wednesday at Lucas Oil Stadium.
I feel sorry for the members of HIS team that were being put together that already signed and moved here.
Added: We are starting to call it "Coachgate" already.

As a Broncos fan, allow me to observe that you dodged a bullet. McDaniels is a great OC, but I don’t think he’s got the temperament to be a successful head coach. Hopefully the Pats will find that out when Old Bill throws in the towel.

2 months later
#10722 5 years ago

I wash hoping centerflank might drop back in to comment on Trevor Davis’ TSA woes ...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Sports/wireStory/packers-trevor-davis-accused-making-false-bomb-threat-54344888

4 months later
#10744 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

At one time, guys played for a lot less money and played much harder, and they wore leather friggin helmets.

And at one time our ancestors had a life expectancy of 31 years and if they were lucky they'd be decapitated in their turnip field by a passing knight to spare them a lingering death at the hands of small pox, plague, or dysentery. Thankfully conditions occasionally improve and we're not stuck with what was good enough for our forefathers.

As a fan I'd be happy scrapping the pre-season and adding a game or two. For the players, volunteering for two additional opportunities per year at career-ending injury and subsequent termination of employment would be totally irrational. If the NFL would suck it up and guarantee all contracts for injury they'd have more credibility in this argument.

#10779 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, as usual it's a long haul and a long season. But they look to have some stability as all the other teams in the west have undergone changes with coaching or QB. I watched a little something about the Raiders yesterday and it looks like Gruden is once again a good fit.

Yeah, Chargers look pretty good in the AFC West this year. Broncos will probably go 8-8 and the Chiefs don't look strong either. And the Raiders seem hell-bent on wasting their talent. So it's there for the Chargers if they can cobble together 10 wins. Of course they have a knack for underperforming and it's been almost 10 years since their last 10+ win season, but maybe they're due?

#10805 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Redskins will win the NFC and AP is running for 2,100 yards. Gonna be sweet!

It's like groundhog's day in here

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Redskins Offense is getting scary and nobody realizes it. They have so many weapons that when Jordan Reed is out it just means more chow for everybody else.

To be followed inevitably by ...

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's humiliating and depressing being a Redskins fan.

#10808 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No offense on thumbs down, but we gotta make this go away

Would you be happy if I said "It's like Edge of Tomorrow in here" instead?

Edge-of-Tomorrow (resized).jpgEdge-of-Tomorrow (resized).jpg

Admittedly, Emily Blunt > Andie MacDowell.

#10810 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I would be VERY happy if you said "Edge of Tomorrow" instead of "Edge of Tomorrow's." (or any variation of plurals)

I see what you're talking aboot. I lazily figured it was a possessive day of observance but Wikipedia tells me I'm wrong, so fair enough.

Quoted from TheLaw:

EDIT: I'd also take McDowell over Blunt...butthat's just me (huge Hudson Hawk fan).

Indefensible. And I actually like Hudson Hawk too (or at least when I saw it in middle school). MacDowell's acting has not aged well.

#10846 5 years ago

It’s like the Bengals fans can already taste that first round playoff loss.

#10848 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Looks like this thread will be forever mistitled, OP just...disappeared.

The mods have updated it for us upon request the last year or two since Flank's been gone.

1 month later
#10949 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Chargers to Vegas would have made a lot more sense. Too late now.

Did the Chargers pass on Vegas for LA? Or did Raiders have first dibs? Can’t remember how that played out.

2 weeks later
#11044 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ties don’t bother me. Don’t see the need for this to end with some kind of home run derby.

I think ties in football are weird and unnecessary, but agree that a kicking contest would suck (for everyone but the kickers). Just tack on an additional sudden death OT. It's not soccer, the games won't go on forever.

#11049 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I like the way it is now, eXpecially since we've had a tie or 2 and a few close ties, but I'm surprised the NFL doesn't change it to get more offense/fantasy /betting going.
Maybe Vegas is telling g them not to because it would be harder to predict scores? Probably wouldn't matter to them I guess.

I think it probably doesn't affect things that much since ties are so uncommon (6% of games that go to OT end in a tie):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_tied_games

Given that they're so rare, I think taking the next step and eliminating them by having OT run until someone scores makes good sense. But evidently they shortened OT to reduce risk of injury (i.e. to minimize playtime) so it might be a tough sell with the player's union, even if the real-world impact would be minimal.

#11051 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Haha the nfl players union... What a joke.

Will be interesting to see if they nut up and actually get the players paid in 2020 during the next round of negotiations. It's astounding how much cash is raked in by the NFL owners and what a small percentage makes it to the players vs. in the other major sports.

2 weeks later
#11086 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It was 30 million for first 2 years

How much guaranteed? That’s all that matters.

1 week later
#11146 5 years ago

Because I know you're all stressing about the Packers today..[quoted image]

Love it - makes the Broncos playoff odds look downright enviable by comparison.

#11155 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My favorite right now is Romo.

100%. I’m hoping he’ll lead a trend toward more interesting/value added comentary. It’s also fun that he’s not afraid to call out reffing errors.

#11204 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I would expect a yes man/crony in the mold of late 90s elway/Shanahan.

If they can get late 90s Elway/Shanahan results, I doubt GB will complain.

#11209 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If they can get a running game like that they'd love it...well I don't know if Rodgers would.
EDIT: Also Shanahan was a VERY special case. Do find a coach that looks exactly like your team name/mascot is virtually impossible.

Hey now, it was Elway had the horse teeth.

#11213 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Agree to disagree
[quoted image]

I'll just leave this here.

Elway (resized).jpgElway (resized).jpg
#11217 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Maybe some of you wisconsin guys can weigh in, but I heard a rumor from someone in the gay community about Rodgers. That Danica Patrick is a "beard" and that Rodgers is not close with his family because they are devout christians.

OP's got you covered (this would be from four years ago):

Quoted from centerflank:

If it doesnt affect ones ability to throw TD's, a man can stick his willy wherever he wants.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/33#post-1344294

#11243 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't think you know anything about the lions.

Which is a sign he's been making good life choices ...

#11270 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It would be funny if they did win a Super Bowl. Where would they have the parade? Noone would go to it

Damn right he would.

3456146E-D0D3-4077-A519-96CA65149F32 (resized).jpeg3456146E-D0D3-4077-A519-96CA65149F32 (resized).jpeg
#11304 5 years ago

Pretty sure we can scratch the Redskins off the list. Injuries are piling up. Seems too much to overcome.
The Giants are favored by 3-1/2 points playing at Wash this Sun. Ouch!!

Break a leg, 'skins!

#11391 5 years ago

Broncos screwed up and lost to the 49ers, and fall to 6 and 7.
I bet it was a depressing flight back to Denver for the Broncos, knowing that you pretty much got eliminated from the play-offs by one of the worst teams in the NFL this year.

Sure, but the Broncos’ season was already over last week when they lost their shutdown corner and then their star receiver for the season. That’s the NFL, injuries can be a bitch this time of year. Ask the Redskins.

#11475 5 years ago

Browns at Denver game on Sat night could be a good game. It's a "must win" for both teams.
Broncos are only favored by 3 points at home. Maybe the Browns win again. Go Browns!
Neither team will make the play-offs imho, as both teams are on life-support trying to make the play-offs, and probably need help from certain other AFC teams losing. That would be awesome if both the Steelers and Ravens were to lose on Sun, and the Browns were to win.

Broncos aren’t mathematically eliminated but their season is over, no realistic chance even if they win out (and hard to see them doing that with the injury situation). Was a fun dream for a few weeks, but time to start thinking about next season.

Of course the coach is still playing for his job, and the players still have pride, so a loss to the Browns would be demoralizing. But I guess the Browns still have something to play for?

#11524 5 years ago

Caught the last 30 seconds of the game on the radio by chance. Fun stuff! Given Denver's lowly status at the moment I didn't have a routing interest in the game, but I'll admit I was pulling for the Chargers on @o-din's account. Between this and the Dolphins/Pats game, he must be enjoying December.

#11575 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Unlike some other places around the country, we are not shy in voicing our opinions, and sometimes in a vulgar manner.

Wait, are you arguing both sides of this one now?!?

#11587 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Dude...you can’t change your avatar.

It's an "I am Spartacus" thing.

#11605 5 years ago

It’s lame of the NFL to be handing out lifetime bans for non-PED drug offenses.

#11609 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Kind of is...but then again go to your job drunk multiple times and see what happens.
EDIT: o-din excluded
EDIT2: but of course I agree blazing a number at night...whom gives a shit. And legal a few places

I'm all for the team being able to fire the guy if he's showing up impaired. Just don't think the league should say no one else can take a chance on the guy. Seems like he was working out for the Pats until he failed his latest drug test (and presumably they wouldn't care so long as he's still putting up those numbers).

EDIT: also, thumbs up for the o-din exclusion.

1 week later
#11691 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Where the hell are NFL teams going to get a head coach...…… Vance Joseph and I hate to say it, Marvin Lewis may be the best available.

Hah! I’ll be impressed if Lewis gets another gig right away. His history of choking is very well established. At least Joseph has the excuse of being new, but his instincts are suspect.

I think teams will be looking to successful assistants, as usual.

1 week later
#11818 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

This year was their chance and they blew it because fans like you expect them to lose. Same thing happens in Atlanta. Noone to blame but fans like Hilton who are always waiting till next year because this year is a rebuilding year.

Huh? So @whysnow’s approach to fandom somehow torpedoed the Bears playoff performance? You seem unfamiliar with how the game is actually played. See, you’ve got 11 guys on the field (if you’re lucky), and then some coaches on the sideline ....

#11827 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Cowboys (they are my team, there is NO way I'm not picking them)

Hope you’re prepared to EAT CROW if they lose.

#11885 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

It’ll be a damn miracle if the Eagles are ever given credit for accomplishing anything without “luck”, or given a break from other fans or the refs.
Have they gotten some good, fortuitous bounces? Sure. But no team wins the Super Bowl without some great playing, hard work and talent. I’ve never seen a road to the big game and a win based solely on luck.
They beat the friggin Patriots, which is no easy task. Ask 5 other teams that put bling on Brady’s finger.

Easy there cowboy -- -- we can all agree the Eagle's SB run was "improbable" without putting it down to luck. Even the strongest teams need a fair bit of luck (lack of injuries on their side, key injuries on the other, a few good bounces or bad calls in their favor, etc.) to win it all. Nature of the beast in a single-elimination playoff structured like the NFL's.

#11938 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Rams: 273 yards rushing
Cowboys: 50 yards rushing

Nice, and I didn't know Rams had signed CJ Anderson. Looks like he's had a nice few games so far for them, 100+ yards in three straight. I don't give a crap about any of the remaining teams, but I'll root for the Rams on CJ's behalf.

#12095 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Sweet baby Jesus. I agree 100% with this post.
Did we just become best friends?!?

Dude, he basically fired your brother. Show a little backbone.

#12102 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Ouch.
[quoted image]

Hey, a win! Must be nice after all of these years.

Meanwhile, you’re fraternizing with a man that as good as took food out of your brother’s mouth. Shameful.

#12124 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He's a Browns fan?!
Well one thing is for sure, you can't accuse him of being on a bandwagon.

Don't be too hasty ... he conveniently turns up in this thread midway through the Brown's first almost-not-losing season since 2007. Smells fishy to me.

#12221 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

Just curious Whysnow, what is your favorite NFL team?

He used to like the Bears but has jumped on the Browns bandwagon. All too common these days.

Also, most folks in this thread would admit that the Pats are a sickeningly good team. But it is some consolation to the rest of us that they’ve been caught cheating several times. And that their fans still get so incredibly salty whenever it’s mentioned.

Go Rams!

#12412 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Riding the elevator with Tom Coughlin has always been a dream of mine.

Is that a euphemism?

#12419 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why are pats fans so miserable and petty? You’d think they’d be pretty happy campers.

I’ve often wondered this myself.

I will say though that the saltiness that will emanate from Boston when this crazy run they’re on is finally over and the Patriots revert to the mean is going to be a lot of fun for the rest of the NFL to watch.

#12461 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

in true criminal cases they would not need his phone they could get all his text from his carrier. Once you text it never disappears and can be accessed.

You're on notice, DaveH ...

#12474 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

And I actually met her on my own, actually.

Actually though?

#12497 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

OK....how aboot 27-24 Pats.

I’ll take 27-24 Rams.

#12531 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Old school smashmouth

Understandable mistake, but that was Maroon 5.

#12545 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I love The Big Lebowski commercial.

At last all of our Sex And The City/Big Lebowski crossover fantasies have come true.

#12550 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

not hardly, that was probably the 180th best play of the game.

The longest punt in SB history was pretty thrilling. Glad I was there to see it.

#12554 5 years ago

I can respect a good defensive battle. But when you’ve got a grand total of one trip to the red zone (which resolved in one play) and only a couple of interceptions, some of the natural tension of the game is lost.

#12592 5 years ago

Why would I care how much the players are being paid in the NFL? If I want to watch inferior athletes being exploited for the financial gain of others there’s already college football.

2 weeks later
#12721 5 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Robert Kraft to be charged with soliciting a prostitute in Florida. Part of a Chinese human trafficking ring from the early details.

GOOAT

KraftKraft

#12724 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

For a rub and tug by a guy

Interesting twist, hadn't seen that they'd disclosed the gender of the prostitute.

#12788 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

As a Pats fan, he could have just called me. After 6 Super Bowls, I'd have given him a Satin Handshake to remember

Talk about “fan service”!

#12795 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Can't be that nice a stadium if they have to rebuild the section holding the banners every few years.

www.yourteamtakessubsidies.com

1 week later
#12850 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Keenum gonna be super cheap, 1 year at $3.5 with Denver eating half his salary this season.

About what he’s worth, reasonable deal for the Redskins (and Broncos were just desperate to unload him).

#12852 5 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Yeah getting Keenum was a good deal for the skins. Pretty soon, the Jags will be overpaying for Foles.

Good point, locking in a mediocre guy on the cheap might just keep Redskins from making more costly mistakes at QB.

#12867 5 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I feel bad for Giants Fans...

Bummer. Maybe they realized he’s not much good without a QB to throw to him. Hopefully they can do something with those draft picks.

#12876 5 years ago

#12896 5 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Watch the Giants pick up Bortles now that he was released.

Fuck that.

2 weeks later
#12939 4 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

So what? 469K tuned in to last Saturday's game on TNT.

The series finale, as it turns out!

1 week later
#12952 4 years ago

I'd definitely never pay to see a preseason game.

Seems like your season ticket quandary is answered then! 'Cause if you buy the season tickets, you're paying to see the preseason games (unless you mean you just wouldn't go to the preseason games, in which case you're paying not to see them).

#12956 4 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Ill be honest, didn't expect Russell to play hardball like this... I sure hope we can sign him, he is probably the 2nd best QB in the league at this point

E886C306-99D0-4400-985D-1D1D3F950917.gifE886C306-99D0-4400-985D-1D1D3F950917.gif
#12981 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Shaken on an old guy that wants to have a little sex. Ohhhh the horror!

I think it was more of a tug than a shake.

1 week later
#13023 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Jones has the potential to be a great QB, he's smart, got a strong arm, throws well inside/outside the pocket, I think it'll be up to the Giants coaches to get this kid going.

As a Giant’s fan, I can only hope you’re right! Or that this is part of a long-term plan to suck it for the next two years and secure the first pick in 2021 ...

#13035 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Meanwhile, the Patriots (along with Levi's Skins) quietly had the best overall draft...uh oh!

Quoted from DaveH:

The Patriots don't measure their success in draft scores, they measure them in Super Bowl rings. Kiss the rings bitches. But it's nice to win the meaningless stuff too.

Since we're on the topic, has the "massage" tape been released yet?

#13039 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Detectives Say Robert Kraft Had Fingers In His Butt Crack During Asian Massage https://t.co/vm4jfXqxIj
— Terez Owens (@TerezOwens) May 2, 2019

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Who's fingers were they, Tom Brady's?

Perfectly innocent. Just a routine, therapeutic prostate massage.

3 months later
#13055 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Redskins are gonna be absolutely terrible this year. Thinking 5 is the optimistic win ceiling.

Better or worse than the Giants, who are also going to suck it? Broncos aren't looking too exciting either, I think it's going to be a long fall. Maybe I'll get some housework done and play more pinball.

#13066 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I said it when the Giants drafted the rookie Jones that he could turn out great and you have to admit he looked pretty damn good last night. I think he'll end up starting sometime early this year and that'll be that for Eli.

That was a small taste but gives reason to hope the games could turn interesting to watch if/when they turn to Jones (doesn't mean they'll be winning of course).

1 week later
#13081 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just what the NFL needed......I'm officially done with the NFL![quoted image]

NFL hired Jay-Z to be their celebrity DJ. Who gives a shit? Are you just salty they didn’t bring back Hank Jr for MNF? Or am I missing something?

My diagnosis: you’re depressed that the Bengals will stink it up again this year and are taking it out on Hova.

#13084 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

They ruined Nascar

Did NASCAR get a social justice spokesperson too? Color me impressed.

#13098 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

the NFL should stop testing for pot as it's going to be legalized everywhere before to long.

Agreed. It’s hardly a performance enhancing drug.

1 week later
#13187 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Shouldn't this be the 2019-2020 thread??

OP quit Pinside a few years back so every year someone needs to PM a mod to get the title updated. No one has bothered so far I guess.

#13208 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Owners and CEO’s almost always make big money. I mean shouldn’t the owner make big money? Profits do not have anything to do with a workers salary, not in most jobs anyway. Im sure that the company that you work for probably makes huge profits and they dont pay you based on their profits. None of that even matters really. I think athletes are way overpaid and i will always think that. Im not mad or anything about it, its just how i feel.

Clearly that’s how you feel. And your feelings about who should be paid what are logically incoherent. Which is fine, feelings are often silly and irrational, and at least you can admit it.

If it upsets you watching highly paid athletes destroy their bodies for your amusement, you can always switch over to college football and watch unpaid athletes destroy their bodies for your amusement. Plus you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that the coaches and college presidents are still making bank, just as it should be.

#13233 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Shouldn't this be the 2019-2020 thread??

We should just get the year removed - no real reason for it since it's an ongoing thread.

Good call, I just started a mod thread to request that they drop the year from the title.

[EDIT: And ForceFlow made the change before I even got this posted -- he's fast!]

#13266 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Theres one good thing about being a Bengals fan, tickets are usually dirt cheap!

Don’t sell your town short, I bet those Cinci strippers are affordable too.

#13297 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

No faiders or donkey fans here? The afc west is a 2 team race (as we all know) Phyllis Rivers can still play, but I still see my chefs the team to beat in that division.

I'm a Donkeys fan, but this year's looking rough from the outset with questionable staff and tough injuries before the season even starts. D is looking better than last year, but you need at least some offensive production to win games and I'm not sure we've got that. Hopefully they prove me wrong and squeak into the playoffs somehow.

On your end, will be interesting to see if Mahomes can meet or beat last year's insane production, I'm sure you're looking forward to finding out.

#13316 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

1992 was when a young tight 19 year old girl whispered in my ear that she wanted to eff me. The next night her best friend whispered in my ear the same thing. Yeah, 1992 was pretty good.

Is this the NFL thread or Penthouse Forum?

Hopefully Dirtbag doesn’t read this post or we’ll have to hear again about that time he gave Tom Coughlin head.

#13377 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey just a note, and this applies to the rest of the season: I am not a pro prognositcator. I'm no "Levi the Jew." I do not gamble on football.... This is to say that all prediction are for amusement and my own entertainment only, for the entire season (including playoffs). Please do not challenge me to an actual cash bet. Please do not take them seriously. I suck ass at predictions.

You could have used this disclaimer when you were pimping the Skins to win the NFC last season.

#13381 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

LOL, you talk a lot of smack. Just wanted to see if you wanted to put your money where your mouth is. Not surprisingly, the answer is no.

OK big fellow, what kind of odds you offering? How about for the 9/15 game, my $20 vs. you use your TB jersey as toilet paper for a week? Since you're feeling confident and all.

#13471 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Noone wants to be associated with Hitler.

No he doesn’t.

98DBA0F2-E4C9-4D3B-BF65-B4EFB00E4F3B (resized).jpeg98DBA0F2-E4C9-4D3B-BF65-B4EFB00E4F3B (resized).jpeg
#13518 4 years ago

Some folks seem particularly excited about the "cracker" comment. I didn't realize people even used that one anymore. Is it more or less offensive than "honky?" I'm reminded of that Chris Rock Nat X sketch from SNL, where he's lamenting how weak the would-be slurs for white people are.

#13520 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Isnt it funny how no one seems to care about the choice of words that he used against the owner of the team? Can you imagine if it was the other way around? The whole world would be calling for this owner to be ousted from the league. Gotta love the double standards!

Yes, it's almost as if most of us are familiar with US culture through lived experience and aren't just crawling out from under a rock with no context on the history and power of various ethnic slurs, and the centuries-long dominance of ethnic groups with one particular skin tone in this country.

#13523 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

People need to stop living in the past and live in the now. That shit gets old too.

That's very zen of you. But aren't you the same guy that keeps bitching about all of the changes in the modern NFL? What happened to "live in the now?" (And yes, I realize I'm living in the past by remembering your posts from last week, but we've all got to start somewhere).

#13527 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wanting to see football played the way that it used to be played in the old days is an absolutely ridiculous comparison to slavery and you know it. Apples and oranges.

Did I say anything about slavery? I was talking about the word "cracker" and whether it really means anything. Apples and water bongs.

#13529 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Lemme guess- Steely Dan fan??

I'll give you a pass this time, but keep slinging insults like that around and I'm calling the mods.

#13531 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You were talking about it in a previous post

Nope. I know you’re “living in the now” today, but run a quick search and you’ll find that I haven’t posted anything about slavery in this thread (or anywhere else on Pinside, I should think).

#13674 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hate to break it to you but the word Thug is not racist. A thug is a bully or someone who is violent and unruly, it has nothing to do with race. Nice try though.

The word “thug” may not be inherently racist. But it has taken on racial connotations over the past twenty years or so because a certain group of people has been using it almost exclusively to refer to a certain other group of people. Just for fun, why not post photos of the last ten people you referred to as a “thug” and let us decide for ourselves how you’re using it?

#13679 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

This was the first time in many trips to Vegas that I didn’t drink any alcohol or gamble at all.

Where’s the fun in that?

#13686 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Both of you talk about Who-Dey but do you actually believe you are better????

Do you mean in terms of not spending my time watching and commenting on a sport that I keep loudly declaring I’m over and done with? Or not having a quarter of my posts contain veiled racial commentary that I apparently am not even aware of? Either way he’s setting a pretty low bar.

#13701 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I'm wondering how much, if any, Joe Flacco will improve the Bronco's???? I think he's an under-rated qb to some extent but, just have to wait and see.

Unfortunately, the best case is probably that he improves the Broncos to 8-8 or 9-7. Which is less demoralizing than 6-10, but it’s hard to get excited when your upside result is still no playoffs and a lower draft position.

But hey, we've got a Monday night season opener, so that’s something.

#13706 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Very little. I didn’t understand that move AT ALL.

No offense intended, but I think he still gives Denver more than Keenum would have. But going from “meh” to “ meh +” at QB is not going to make the difference this year.

#13718 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Yeah, I'll agree he's not an elite qb but I would hope for more, at least 10 wins. I mean they have a reasonable defense and a receiver core to boot.

If the D absolutely dominates and they get some lucky bounces 10 wins would be possible. And the D will be good again, as usual. I just don’t see the offense doing much, and you can only go so far with that model. But I’d be thrilled with even being in the “maybe” pile as we approach playoff season. Just not banking on it.

#13730 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

No calling someone a thug is not racist... and yes AB is an F'n THUG! Plenty of them in the NFL but I love it anyway!

Evidently it’s an Ohio thing.

#13732 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Do Saints and The Broncos win tonight?

Yep. Saints should win that game for sure. And as down on the Broncos as I am, the Raiders are a mess right now and Broncos always win opener (7 years running). Looking forward to watching tonight!

#13751 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I didn't expect to see the raiders beating the broncos like this...

Going in I expected the Broncos to win this one. There were a few flashes from the offense, but the penalties were brutal (I liked it better when that was Oakland's thing) and Flacco took pains to show that he's no Payton Manning. Special teams atrocious as usual. And all this against the other weak team in the AFC West. Going to need some real improvement to make 8-8.

#13762 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He did have one beautiful pass in the first quarter but he looks washed up generally, just like the last few years. Elway just can’t seem to get this right.

Sure looked that way last night. I still think he's better than Keenum, but then you're paying him only 15% of what Flacco's getting.

#13841 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

additional $6 a day for parking.

Now we're getting to the heart of the matter! It's all about that parking.

#13877 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Now we're getting to the heart of the matter! It's all about that parking.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LMAO didn’t we have a guy here making a big stink about that?

Yep, that was a doozy of a thread, great read for anyone that didn't follow it:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legal-advice-jury-duty

#13881 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Sam Darnold out for 3-4 weeks with mono. Next man up...Trevor Semen (spelling error intentional).

Ouch, Darnold goes down with "The Kissing Disease" (title of a film strip we were shown in 5th grade health class).

I always had a soft spot for Trevor when he played in Denver -- he was rarely exciting to watch play but I enjoyed his nerd vibe, more like a kicker than a position player.

#13995 4 years ago

Well the last few minutes of Broncos/Bears was exciting. That final Bears drive was made possible by a BS roughing the passer call, but Broncos benefited from several crap calls themselves so hard to complain too much.

0-2, time to fish or cut Bolles.

#14000 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The Bears gave me today why I subscribe to Sunday Ticket.

The Bears giveth, the Bears taketh away.

#14026 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Just wanted to see if you wanted to put your money where your mouth is. Not surprisingly, the answer is no.

Quoted from fosaisu:

OK big fellow, what kind of odds you offering? How about for the 9/15 game, my $20 vs. you use your TB jersey as toilet paper for a week? Since you're feeling confident and all.

Hey @Rondogg, you should have shown a little faith in your team and taken me up on my bet. Trending storyline today is that these Dolphins have a credible shot at being the worst NFL team of all time. And I just put my $20 toward a new ultrasonic cleaner instead of sending it your way.

#14031 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Rothlisburger out for the season. I doubt he'll come back, his career has been a long one now.

Hasn't he kind of seemed ambivalent about continuing to play the last few seasons anyway?

#14051 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

he apparently farted in a doctor's face

Will this be the straw that breaks the camel's back?

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#14057 4 years ago

No thanks. My plan is to just quote my own post a year from now and parade myself around if it comes true. If not, I'm just going to pretend like I never said anything.

This guy gets it.

#14101 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Eli out for Giants and Jones is in as starting QB.

Yeah, I didn't see that coming so quickly either. Jones would have to have one hell of a rookie year to turn that ship around, but at least he'll get some playing experience under his belt. Will be interesting to see if Eli accepts a trade or just rides out the season on the bench.

#14119 4 years ago

Check out this dreadful schedule for MNF.

Between the Giants and Broncos both sucking ass and this incredible lineup of Monday games, my fall is looking more and more free.

#14168 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

In a completely unrelated coincidence, three more people here suddenly think he's a "thug" again!

Do the Pats have a big Ohio fanbase?

#14170 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I'm guessing the Patriots got wind that the victims testimony was much more damaging than Brown led them to believe.

So back to the Raiders then?

#14178 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I can't really see any team picking him up.

Yeah, his story's not going to get better anytime soon. If he stays in shape, pays the lady her hush money, and gets some token counseling we'll probably see him somewhere next year though. Too much talent for some team not to decide to roll the dice.

Did anyone take the over on him lasting 8 games in NE?

#14452 4 years ago

What is that, the Philly informed consent paperwork?

#14459 4 years ago

With apologies for talking football in the Boxing and Exotica thread, did anyone catch the Giants/TB game Sunday? Of course they got away with one, but I’d be interested to hear takes on Jones’ first full outing. From my end he was good fun to watch, though it’s nerve wracking adjusting to a QB that’s not afraid to run around a bit.

And Levi, any predictions for Giants/Skins this weekend? Who knows, in January we may look back at this as the moment NY clinched third place in the NFC East ...

#14602 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Browns fans are jumping ship by the dozens. Not sure why.

And when your fan base numbers in the low hundreds, I’m sure each man overboard is sorely missed.

#14672 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Coach McVay, how do you feel about your team's execution?

Three or four plane crashes and we're in the playoffs.

#14806 4 years ago

There are still 6 teams this year that have not yet won a game thus far:
AFC: Jets, Dolphins, Bengals, & Broncos
NFC: Redskins, & Cardinals

Sad to see the Broncos keeping company with some habitual losers.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
1,324 posts in this topic match your search for posts by fosaisu. You are on page 1 of 6.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.