pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
1c6b92ca89c98fbc3e43e1d285c4cb24.gif
Screenshot_20240316-204400_Brave (resized).jpg
pasted_image.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53769 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Erik (1 year ago)

Post #71251 draft values Posted by Deaconblooze (51 days ago)

Post #74765 Fandom Posted by DanMarino (4 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

6,386 posts in this topic match your search for posts by thelaw. You are on page 1 of 26.
#144 10 years ago

To jump in the NFC North discussions, anyone find it odd that everyone is surprised by Greg Jennings saying that Aaron Rodgers is kind of a dick? Rodgers has always given off that vibe to me.

#146 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Its odd for sure, Jennings is a Viking now so by nature becomes a blithering idiot.

I like the vikings because of AD, but the games kind of suck to watch because that stadium is so dank and the rest of the team is awful.
The Packers I dislike because of Rodgers cause he's such a prick, unless I draft him then it's a treat

Bears have no redeeming qualities. Ugly uniforms, horrible players, Jay Cutler for god sakes.

#151 10 years ago
Quoted from Incognito:

Well, they DO dominate the Lions. Is that redeeming?

NO. Because that would infer that every team in the NFL is redeeming; which is false.

Quoted from trilogybeer:

Yeah the active role he's taken in the MAACC fund sure makes him seem like a total Ahole , I'm joking of coarse .

Roman Polanski was nice to kids too...think he's an asshole? I'm joking of course.

I never thought it was his fault. I think the position he's been in forever has just turned him into a dick to deal with the crap he's been in.

#153 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Aaron Rodgers is not sexually attracted to the kids he helps , Not a good comparison.

How do you know? Wait...how old are you?

#156 10 years ago

Yeah he's your QB so you would probably see him diff'rent then me; I guess most players are like that. Well, I mean I'm a Steelers fan myself, and Rothlisburger is a complete asshole so that's a bad comparison

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Who cares?
I don't pick my favorite NFL teams or players based on whether or not they are "nice guys".

Obviously I thought it was interesting and brought it up. Your second part has nothing to do with what I was talking aboot anyway.

#165 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Don't worry about it TheLaw , I understand You don't like the guy that was the MVP of the superbowl in which my favorite team defeated your favorite team .

Also being a Lions fan I disliked him before that...but it didn't help

You guys beat us fair and square that year. Congrats getting to 1 Super bowl in the last 18 years.

#167 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

That's 3 superbowls in the last 18 years , and the packers won 2 of those .

I went to a game in Green Bay When the Packers played the Lions had some nice Lions fans sitting next to me , Halfway through the game I bought them a beer it made their day slightly better .

DAMMIT I knew I should have gone with 13 years...that's what i get for not looking it up.

Yeah poor Lions fans...been a long road of sadness for them. It's a shame...don;t know if this year is going to change anything. They got some pieces but defence is always shit. You can have all the big "names" you want but when you give up the most pass yards per attempt like they have for the past 25 years you are going to lose.
One thing aboot Lions fans...they are very respectful and curtious. If they are beating you just ask them aboot it; "Oh don;t worry we'll blow it in the end."

#175 10 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

The Packers have won 13 world championships, which is wayyyyyy more than any other team! You can't just count Super Bowls ...

I understand your point, only because I live in Ann Arbor and have to hear aboot how UofM has won so many National Titles. I mean, sure a lot of them were won when there were 6 teams playing each other, and they've won 1 since I've been alive +25 years....and but I guess to a fan it's just as well.

3 weeks later
#209 10 years ago
Quoted from WileECoyote:

Was lucky enough to be there this past February. GO RAVENS!

Thumbed you down only because of Ravens
But going to a Super Bowl is pretty amazing stuff. And i don;t need to tell you, the price is worth IF you win

#211 10 years ago

Don;t worry they settled the concussion lawsuit for pennies so big hits are back baby!

#232 10 years ago

NFC North Packers
South Saints
East Cowboys
West 49ers
AFC West Broncos
South Texans
East Patriots
North Bengels

#239 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Cmon big fantasy points for RayRice tonite!!!

TD for ya.

Got Torry Smith going myself...only WR3 so not a big deal.

Wes Welker...bwawghawghawa

#241 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I bet that TE for Denver will be a hot waiver pickup this next week wow, that dude is a monster.

Luckily I don;t play in a TE league so i don;t have to make that mistake.

EDIT: I also like, nay, love how Flacco got 120 million and now thinks he can throw a football. So cute.

#243 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Flacco is such a mystery,

I doubt it..which means it could be true. Flacco had an easy ride last year...certain(t)ly didn;t deserve 120 mills; What a joke.

#246 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

And Ed Reed, the Ravens are going to have a tough time this year without those 2 Hall of Famers.

And 5 other defensive starters. Worst SB ever last year...I mean baltimore's first SB was more boring but whatever

#249 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Although I thoroughly enjoyed watching the 49'ers losing

Me too. As a Steelers fan i must always route against teams with 4-5 SB victories.

#260 10 years ago

Leon Lett plays for the Broncos?

#263 10 years ago

This just in, Peyton Manning is a HOF QB, and Joe Flacco sucks.

#265 10 years ago

This also just in, Ravens Defense isn't good after losing 7 starters.

2 weeks later
#414 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Talk about another team that looks unbelievably awful this year, wow! I guess its early enough for any team to rebound,

Steeler Nation reporting for duty Sir! The Steelers are bad but not as bad as you think...it's much worse. Knew this last year that Todd Haley would blow this team up. Total douche, everyone hates him, Tomlin passable coach AT BEST whom brought him in, recipe for the end. Unless big changes this team is dead for years to come. Coaches need to go...but Pitt so obsessed with having only 3 caoches since 69 probably wont happen.
Steelers turning into lions before my very eyes..I need 2 new teams.

#416 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I heard the packers are accepting new fans .

Packers are weak sausage. I'm sensing a new NFC challenger coming up. Cause Sqwauks, Pack, & 49ers don't impress me much.

#421 10 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

Rothlesberger is damn tough to bring down. If he gets injured though, then stick a fork in them, but as long as he's healthy, still a threat.

He's a threat when the offense is set up for it. He does a couple things REALLY well; long bombs, extending the play, buying time. Haley offense is the exact opposite of all those things...horrible.

#443 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Couldn't agree more.
I can't believe Haley is still there. Horrible is right.

I found it pretty obvious last night that the offense started picking up when they were down so far and Rothlisberger just started calling his own plays.

I appreciated the low key knock on Haley from the announcers also. When speaking aboot the Bears coaching staff "using the teams already established verbage instead of installing his own; Veteran's appreciate that." Which of course was the well documented opposite of what Haley did.

#445 10 years ago

I picked Minn and paid for it. SF/GB are shaky to me, more SF though. "Sophmore slump" doesn;t seem to be a term used anymore but I still look out for it. GB wasn't that bad because Bengels are for real.

#469 10 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Denver-vs-Cincy for the AFC Championship!!!! WHO DEY

Wouldn't shock me. Ciny D is legit and AJ cannot be stopped.

#473 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Going to the game, and I have to pick SD.

Pick them because they are your team or by coin flip. These 2 teams, anything could happen. 12 TDs, 12 INTs, 3 FGs only...no clue.

#479 10 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Andy Dalton looked absolutely horrible! He cost the Bengals the game in my opinion.

This Hoyer QB might be the real deal though.

#481 10 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

He just might be. Too bad they don't have a running game, if only the Browns had a quality RB.

I hear what you're saying but even with Ravens/Pitt on the down and Bengels on the rise...Browns don't have enough to go deep this year. Better to stock picks for the future. Brownies classic HORRIBLE decisions, but I like these. Getting Holmgrin in was just awful and they have to recover from that.

#483 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Great victory for the Bolts, but if only they could play that well against a quality opponent.

Yeah they beat Romo...amazing!

I mean yeah it's all aboot wins.

#501 10 years ago

I can't see anyway the Lions win...but if they do that's gunna be a major deal.

#505 10 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Really? If the Lions don't beat themselves,

Do you need me to keep going?

#510 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

After starting out 0 - 2, they could have just layed down for the rest of the season to get better draft picks for next year. But they didn't.

Yeah well, that's a dumb idea. They have had a ton of draft picks, *cough* most of which high "blue chip" people and they have still sucked. Division is sooooo weak this year; do some damage and make some stink.

1 week later
#555 10 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Ready for some FOOTBALL!!!!!! One of my best, or worst days, depending on the outcome! WHO DEY!!!!!!

Buffalo is a squirlly team but Bengals shouldn't have a problem; although the red rocket needs to step it up.

#557 10 years ago

My only prediction is AD is going to have 200+ yards and 4 tds.

#580 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Joe Montana has 4 SB rings and 2 MVPs and never lost in a SB.

Eventhough 2 of them are against the Bengals, I agree with you.

#639 10 years ago
Quoted from Finrod:

Man, I've been avoiding this thread since my Steelers kept losing. But finally they got rid of that goose egg and perhaps they can still make something of this season.

Only by completely going around Todd Haley's pathetic offense. I've already written this season off, just utterly sad.

#644 10 years ago
Quoted from jrrdw:

Where are you getting that from? We are doing better then Pittsburgh both at home and away.

Whoa I didn't notice till just now they are playing on Thanksgiving...gobble gobble!

#646 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I was expecting to see more discussion about the Chargers win over the Colts.

I don't personally know any sports fan that likes Costas. Why is that baffoon considered a great sports journalist? He's always bringing politics into sports.

Nobody really cares aboot the Bolts, and the Colts are doing much better than everyone thought.
Bolts can go either way, but they can never do any real damage, they're a non story.
Colts I don't know what to think of. I'm not ready to crown there ass after the first 1/3 of the season.

Costas is a HORRIBLE. Keep him on the Olympics, and keep Joe Buck in baseball.

#651 10 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Why do I have a feeling they Chargers could be a real Darkhorse this season?

Hmmm...maybe because you're not factoring in the are .500 team, have basically 1 good win, and have to play the 2 6-0 teams in there division 4 more times this season?

#661 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Maybe Costas should stop being Costas.

Start the kickstater and send me the link.

1 year later
#4212 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just talked to DirecTV and to keep me on board they are giving me Sunday ticket for free. Wooohoooo!!!

Nice. Red Zone was the greatest thing that ever happened to me.

3 weeks later
#4281 8 years ago

Uff...not even thru the first quarter and the term "gingerly" has been used...hoped they would retire it.

#4283 8 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

Not even 1 quarter gone, and the Pats are up to usual tricks....Steelers headsets/communications not working....Geesshhh!!

Well they're obviously doing that on purpose...I'll give them that one...classic!

#4285 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

I got made fun of for taking a TE in the first round of my fantasy league. Who's laughing now??

You are laughing...at the complete idiots in your league. Whom the fuck wouldn't take Gronk in the first round?

#4288 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

12th overall pick, too. Stole him!

Jesus in a 12 team league....that makes it even less of a choice.

#4292 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Impressive night for the Pats defense. As the season wears on I think the Steeler's offense is going to be consistently scoring a lot more points than they did tonight.

Wasn't impressive for either team. Both have little defense, and tons of offense. Old news we knew that coming in.

#4300 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Arodge 2 Cobb, the most beautiful Td pass a man can ever watch.

Such a weird game. Cutler pisses it away at the end? Whom could have seen that coming?

Totally worth that 15M+

#4328 8 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Seahawks really could have used Chancellor today. Shows what a great team player he is holding out with 3 years (yes, 3 years!) left on his deal. I still dispise Cuntler more but Chancellor is creeping up quickly regarding douchebaggery.

Maybe maybe not. Rams always play Sqwauks tough.

#4330 8 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Very true........... Kam's still a douchebag

Gotta friend in Seattle (originally from NE so WTF is that) and we always talk aboot StL looks like world beates against Seattle, and then the rest of the season they suck. Just a weird division thing.

#4332 8 years ago

Charles Woodson may have blown out his knee for Oak. I repeat, Charles Woodson is still playing in the NFL.

That is all

#4336 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I was going to make a post when the Lions were up 21-3......but a little voice in my head said "you better wait".

it takes 30 minutes to go from SBL to SOL.

4 months later
#6083 8 years ago

As a Steelers fan I loved watching Squawks & Packers get fucked hard...at least Steelers fan see this coming

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think that speaks more to the organization and depth of the Seahawks. One could argue that Lynch has been the best RB in the NFL the 4 years leading up to this year.

I guess in Seattle they could argue that.

#6085 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Broncos receivers can't catch a cold.

Amazing PITT is still in this. Donkies should be up large by now.

#6104 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I hear the steeler fans wear gloves when they play pinball, pretty douchey.

Just like the team, we're trying to cover all our championship rings.

#6121 8 years ago

Man I forget when I get that pissed drunk I start gaining SB rings

I don't think Denvers D is good enough to stop Pats, even though they don't play well there. I believe in the Panthers though

#6136 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Any predictions where Kaepernick,

Kap isn't going anywhere. Chip might let him run which he's good at instead of shoe-horning into a Harbaugh Jr. and ruining his career.

#6143 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Chip likes an accurate passer as well. They may keep him to try it but I'd say they'll end up going a different direction as well.

Chip is also fucking crazy, so agreed we have no idea where he's going.
But the "accuracy" thing doesn't mean much here.

Foles 60.2 comp
Bradford 60.1
Kapernick 59.9

#6231 8 years ago

Missed XP, not going for FG all had something to do with it, but really the Pats O-line was just beaten like a high school team.
Everyone knows the only thing that rattles Brady in any way is getting no time to do anything, and that defense was just crushing the O-line like no ones business. No time to throw, no offense, end of story.

#6235 8 years ago

\

Quoted from o-din:If Denver sticks to their guns and plays their game then Carolina may have a hard time running away with it like they did yesterday. But it only takes a couple big plays for it to get out of hand early. Panther's D is pretty good too. I'm just going to sit back and watch it.

Yeah it could go either way. I can see these guys just keeping Cam in the pocket and closing in on him, or I can see Cam hopping up and running for 10 yards every play.

My guess is Panthers but you know damn well all the calls are going to go Broncos way.

#6245 8 years ago

I did bet on Carolina at the start of the playoffs to win it all...so they do have that working agianst them.

1 week later
#6253 8 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Did anyone actually watch the Pro Bowl? It's easily the worst of all of the pro sports all star games.

Ha I watched the NHL one instead in the background...but that's because I didn't even know it was on.

I actually liked the old way it was after the SB. To me it made more sense as "Football Lite" after the season was totally over, and there was nothing left to do but have some pointless fun.

I think the NHL had the most watchable game now with the 3on3 brackets they changed to. Basketball/Baseball I just hate anyway .

#6258 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I don't know if I'm even excited for the SB......I guess I'm rooting Broncos. Elway will look like a fucking genius dumping fox to bring in kubiak

I'm excited....old school versus new school. BUT...I'm not routing for one side really...sometimes that makes it better. I mean I was routing for Manning the last time so my night was shit after 14 seconds.

#6269 8 years ago

The worse halftime show the better, that's when we head down to play the pins.

And continue the cash games of "Road Runner." That has to be the goddamned hardest game in the world...worse than Sinistar.

#6291 8 years ago

Lot to catch up on...Dierdorffer is fucking horrible. Put him with Denise Miller & Joe Theisman's pompus ass as just unlistenable. Buck & Gruden have grown on me to the point I don't want to rip my ears off.
What Tony Sargayusa is doing in a football game is still a mystery to me...fucking Jay Feely, KICKING ANALYST makes more sense; which is unimaginable. Tirico is good, Ann Arbor guy without Dierdorfers UofM shit. Collinsworth is still decent but went down a rung or 2 when he was shilling for the league on the ray rice thing

#6294 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think Phil Simms does a pretty good job. He keeps it mellow.

I like Simms & Nance a lot...may be my favorite. Like Eagle & Fouts a lot too.

I'd have to bow to you since I don't remember Dandy Don, but aren't all these hillbilly announcers just playing the role of him these days?

#6305 8 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

How are you guys betting the Puppy Bowl?

What's a puppy bowel?

KB3_(resized).jpgKB3_(resized).jpg

#6413 8 years ago

All the commercials sucked like they do every year...other than the Weiner Dog one.

#6415 8 years ago

Ha that one was a little strange. Later Doritoes had one with Dogs in it and I thought some puppies were going to shoot out early.

#6418 8 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Why is that funny? He's the NFL MVP and he completely dominated the field this past year except for the SB.

Yeah he's a bit of a baby, but he also got jacked up by the best Defense in the league that just smacked down Brady before this

#6423 8 years ago

This was the best reviewed at my house...and I dislike dogs.

The babymonkey thing gets remembered for being unstteling, I'll give it that.
Last years might have been the worst.

#6424 8 years ago

Oh sorry if I missed it mentioned, but was the only one turned on by the intestine ad?

#6428 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

....and being aroused by intestines should be automatic threadban...

I'll never apologize for that!!!

#6452 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You guys think Shady McCoy does any jail time? He can ask Mike Vick for some pointers. Or do you think this is a civil case?

We'll see. I need all the facts in before I think one way or the other. This just in, "off duty police officers" are just people, and they can be assholes too.

#6454 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That's true. He's lucky he didn't get shot.

Yeah...HE'S the lucky one. Football players & their entourages aren't known for carrying weapons

#6457 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Is the Draft here yet?
Flank's Girlfriend

Super Bowl on Sunday, then a the next Sunday Valentine's Day...jesus talk aboot the dream being over man!

#6463 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Got to watch that first Giants/ Patriots super bowl condensed version on NFL Networks football withdrawl weekend marathon on Saturday. I was too tired to change the channel. Man those Giants put an ass-wooping on the Patriots that day. The final score doesn't really show it but they sure dominated!

I watch that the other day as well and it was funny how horrible/great Eli is at the end. Half the time he looks like he's just giving up and throwing INTs on purpose, but then they end up winning.

I don't think I mentioned this in the thread before, but i watched the condensed version of the first Cin/SF SB, and it's very interesting. I always liked it because there are not a lot of SF names on the team yet, but watching it now, 90% of the catches made are not catches in todays NFL

#6465 8 years ago

Yep Silverdome.

So Montana, Lott, Clark...those are huge SF names of course. The only other person I know is Randy Cross.

#6476 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Wasn't Charles Haley on those teams? He must be in the hall of fame....

Yeah he was on the later teams which I'm sure we know all the players.

1 week later
#6491 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Let's get back on topic. Who here thinks Peyton Manning's a perv?

I haven't read the whole thing but I haven't heard anything 'that' crazy yet.

3 weeks later
#6583 8 years ago

Pacman is a damn fine player and growns up since his troubles.

#6586 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Isn't this the same Pacman Jones who contacted a ref to set up the game losing FG?
Seems to me he's not all grown up.

Yeah well I'm a Steelers fan so I hope he's even more mature this year

But honestly, you can't just single Pacman out in that game; the entire team from head to toe melted down because they have a horrible coach. The Game was ALREADY OVER before the pacman penalty...so thank Vontaze for that

Quoted from centerflank:

Lol, do you even watch any football? You and Whysnow should do a podcast on the NFL

Sorry this stuff happened in a non GB game so you're probably not the guy to talk to aboot it.

#6587 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Lol, do you even watch any football? You and Whysnow should do a podcast on the NFL

I tried to talk him into it but he has some "exciting business opportunities" as of late.

#6594 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

If he was only going to get one, you have to admire his restraint in waiting for the worst possible moment.

Boswell is a good long distance kicker, kkick would have been 50 though.

Quoted from centerflank:

Remember when the Packers beat the Steelers in the Super Bowl a few years ago? That was the bestest game ever!

Kevin Lanflisi, is that you?

Yeah I remember it as the Steelers had just won it 2 seasons before that. Sadly, I knew that would happen...Pit had awful secondary that year and Rodgers was on the top of his game.

Quoted from timtim:

Its great being a browns fan.

Browns fans should only be allowed to talk aboot Jim Brown in this thread

#6596 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Are Browns fans able to discuss the golden era of Tim Crouch?

It's Tim Couch...please show some respect....or a moment of silence.

Well he was a better pick that Whedon, Quinn, & Manzell. Ha...they should open a shitty law firm in Cleveland.

#6599 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I'm not sure you can say better unless your metric is what number he was picked. Yes he was picked first overall.

Well Mr Nitpicky my "metrics" are the standard Qb metrics...you know, passing, completions, tds, game played etc etc.

#6601 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Can he be Captain Nitpicky? We need more pretend captains on pinside

No he can't...now let me tell you exactly why he can't in a long drawn on post....

#6619 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Olivia plays a mutant so anything is possible.

She also plays a pretty convincing beard it would seem.

#6623 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I don't know, how is it working for you with your lady?

Well everyone in my town knows she's just a beard...that's the diff'rence.

#6625 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

What's the diff whether he is into chicks or dudes, what business is it of ours?

Ha...a serious centerflank...fucking hilarious.

#6628 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

We should start a thread to find out everyone's sexual orientation on Pinside....

Well that's pretty obvious and doesn't need a thread because everyone here is a nobody. Ms. Rodgers is the only important "thing" as I cannot have my unborn child looking up to such disgustingness.

Or any Packer for that matter.
Or Lion

Quoted from centerflank:

Or maybe find out more about how many girls Raplistberger assaulted....

That's of no concern as it does not involve the LGBT community...that isn't even considered "news" these days

#6630 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

What's the disgustingness you speak of? Please elaborate.

I think if you read it again it's pretty obvious.

#6632 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

What, say it all, don't hold your hate back. Elaborate, I really want to hear it.

Do you think I've turned from super liberal to super conservative overnight or something? So little faith...I;ve never seen you so worked up before...kind of sexy.
Edit: Well you do get worked up at whysnow I guess.

#6634 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Let this be the last time you bring up sexual orientation or your political beliefs.

Oh finally...another Pinside Captain

Quoted from centerflank:

Ah, you know these types trilogy, only use the pc crap when it suits the agenda they are trying to push.

3 weeks later
#6659 7 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

What's up with Manziel?Does he know there isn't a Ryan Leaf award for best career implosion? Wow!

Pretty surprised he hasn't blown through all his monies yet...I think he "only" got 4 million. He'll end up in jail for sure...look, when Drew Rosenhaus drops you as a client, that's called rock bottom.

#6668 7 years ago

I'm just happy all these Browns players don't have staph infections.

#6670 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I don't follow college football too much but are those two quarterbacks really worth trading all those draft picks? It seems to me the Browns and Titans made out on both trades.

I DO follow College football and still have no ideas whom these dudes are; seriously.

1 week later
#6719 7 years ago

No...no one remembers that because no one know whom the hell this nobody is.

#6724 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

That reminds me of Bill Grammatica, a kicker who would always celebrate after his kicks. He got injured during one of his celebrations.
» YouTube video

Those Gramaticas loved there excessive celebrations.

1 week later
#6730 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Did you guys read this?

Yeah I read that last week...worth a look for people that haven't read it.

#6738 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I say Bengals v Pack Super Bowl. See you there Flank.

I can easily see another PIT/CIN Wildcard match up. The Bengels will be much better next year and will probably be up 21 points in the 3rd. Of course they are the Bungels, the most horribly coached team in history (excluding the Lions that's a given), and Marvin Lewis will have the team hit the showers thinking the game is over and lose by forfit.

#6741 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

this year coupled with a good draft this year I can't see us not going to the playoffs.

HAHA...I love you guys. You're like the Ohio version of lions fans. Well actually I guess that might be Cleveland.

#6743 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Um at least the bengals make the playoffs consistently. Yes, lions fans are closer to Cleveland fans. Actually the Clev fans I know know that Clev is hopeless. Didn't realize DET fans were so delusional.

Well it's a little in the middle. Browns are WAY WORSE of a franchice/team than Lions. Cleveland fans know their team is horrible before the season starts; lions fans take a couple games before they give up.

Bungholes have been better in the last decade than Lions...but both have zilch to show for it. They both have the issue of being in strong divisions.

I love me some Bengel helmets though.

#6745 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Bengals record speaks for itself. Yes we've lost two SB's and a shitload of playoff games since......but that's about to change. The wagons rolling brother, jump on while you still can....

I ain't hating on your enthusiasms, but alas my wagon has been hooked to the Steelers my whole life.
Just look at that luck...Bengels get 2 SBs and both against Montana...uff.

#6749 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

The Steelers are still a great team but their success rest almost exclusively on Big Ben's shoulders and that may come to haunt them soon. He's been in the league for awhile and that meaning is double when you consider our division as a whole; the AFC North is in my opinion the toughest division in the NFL. Even with Cleveland's woes over the past few seasons there are no gimmie games to be had.

Great QBs are hard to replace....Steelers making that easier in the future by having a stacked WR core, sans suspensions. But obviously I don't want to even imagine when he's gone. Because I lived through Stoud, Malone, Brister, Maddox, Slash...etc etc...rough times.
Browns are nobody, a total Joke, They have 1 player that could be the best WR in the history of football, but he's pissing it all away.

#6751 7 years ago

And Manzel probably "only" got like 4 million...he's drinking through that right away. Josh Gordon a little less and WTF he's doing no one knows. Manzel was a clown...had as much chance as Brady Quinn to be a decent player...but Gordon is unreal.

#6754 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Is Gordon's suspension up this year? He has burned my fantasy teams a few times but what a talent. If he could only get his act together. Same for Justin Blackman.

Um I thought he was out all this year? Maybe not though at a quick look. Talk aboot boom or bust...every game he's not suspended he gets 200 yards in

1 month later
#6759 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Question of the season: With all the players being suspended for drug policy violations, will the first 5 games of the season in reality amount to more than a prolonged preseason?

Ha good point. That's probably going to be the sales pitch that finally moves the season up to 18 or more games; "What does it matter guys, all your players are suspended anyway so they can't get injured."

#6761 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Did anyone see Any Given Wednesday on HBO?

God no; I'll never watch that thing. Bill Simmons CAN write a decent story here and there, but he has ZERO on screen talent; it's so bad.

#6766 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Who else has some predictions other than predicting against mine? haha.

Steelers will be on fire this year and defeat an 'unknown' Division 'rival;' again in the playoffs like always.

#6768 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. Wanna make a friendly wager on who finishes with the best record? Steelers or Bengals?

I see you're trying to pull some standard Bengels shananigins here. This shows me that even you think the bunguls will have a better record but lose to the Wild Card Steelers

I'd rather have further in the playoffs first factor, then record if possible. But I'll leave it up to you. I'm in for whichever.

#6770 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Bet changed to I bet the Bengals make the playoffs, and the Steelers miss the playoffs.

Done.

Now, see we're sittin' down here, ready to negotiate, and you've already given up your shit.

d_(resized).jpgd_(resized).jpg

#6775 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Cutler has been a steady improvement on his head game and he has the physical ability.

Ha...yup this could be the year finally! C'mon guys I know we've been saying this for 10 season with him but he's finally going to do it!!!

Cutler's a fucking joke.

#6779 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Cutlers won more playoff games than Dalton, just sayin, lol

Yes when you 10 year QB is "a little better than Andy Dalton" you know you're screwed.

#6781 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

only choice I have is to be optimistic.

Noo I live around/and sort of am, a Lions fans and they don't lie to themselves for too long.

GB wins division easy, SEA/ARZ split 1 wildcard...chances are slim right off the bat. Although I'm not thinking of any other teams off hand.

#6787 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

if he does not return by the start of the preseason then I think by default The law take over as thread OP

That'll get'em back right quick!

Plus KPG is back so maybe that will help.

#6792 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

People complain about Dalton's postseason record but that doesn't bother me. I'm pretty sure not all of those losses were his fault.

Actually it's pretty goddamn bad playoff wise....

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DaltAn00.htm#all_passing_playoffs

...but I somewhat agree with you. Looks like he was going to cure his demon's until the worst coaching staff in the league pulled their usual meltdown.

#6795 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I looked at Peyton's numbers and his first three years were pretty bad as well. It wasn't until year four when he got his first win and actually played well. So he's in good company.

None of those numbers add up or mean anything, but you got a gut feeling and I can't blame you there.

#6797 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

wasn't until year four when he got his first win and actually played well. So he's in good company.

Or was it him getting rid of his horrible coaching staff he started with? Could be

#6800 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Glad to see Denver closed the deal with Von.

Oh I didn't even look into that today...no way they'd let him go.

#6806 7 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

..Rodger's constant whining and complaining i Also think McCarthy is overrated a...

These are all personal matters you have with the team that DO NOT factor into what they do; trust me I know. Aaron rodgers is a punk, and a douche (flank perks up) we all know that, and McCarthy is a fucking nobody making shit ass calls to lose games more than Rex Ryan (Flank is seething!) but they got a good team in a shithole division and showing up they can win or get a wildcard

#6811 7 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

I think the Vikings will win the division this year that's all.

Shit I guess they won last year didn't they?! Fair enough

Quoted from str8cash:

Dude, I don't even like the Packers and dislike the Vikings more.

ha no offense meant sorry...was just trying to fire up flank.

#6813 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Leveon Bell suspended for first 4 games

typical...thats a good thing actually...he needs rest. I loved Pitt drafting him but I watched him all through college...he doesnt have a long career ahead of him

#6815 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Yeah, Williams did a good job filling in last year. The funny thing is he didn't get suspended for a failed test, he didn't even show up for it, lol

That's the Michigan State way baby...that's how we do!

#6821 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

RIP Dennis Green

I just saw a headline that said "LEGENDARY Coach Dennis Green..." I don't wanna piss on the guys ashes but WTF? I guess legendary for going on a tirade.

#6823 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Might be referring to his assistant coaching roles too. But yeah he was a bad head coach.

He doesn't have any good ones.

#6837 7 years ago

Josh Gordon is back Brown are back in it!

Ha no they suck, but give them fans something.

#6856 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I say sit everyone until one series in preseason game 3.

Come on now...you know the coaches aren't smart enough for that

1 week later
#6864 7 years ago

" Bengals say they are finished 'being stupid'
Cincinnati coaches are using camp to test players on not losing their cool so a repeat of the Pittsburgh playoff debacle won’t happen. "

This time they mean it!

#6868 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Guess that means they are going to dump Marvin then as he's the dumbass that cost us the game.

Plenty of blame to go around...truly one of the biggest choke jobs I've ever seen. That game was over at least 2 times.

#6882 7 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

*Ahem* The Seahawks have made the Playoffs the last five years as well.

*Ahem* A swing and a miss

#6884 7 years ago

Maybe he was thinking of the Browns?

#6895 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Anybody want to share moments when they got really excited or depressed because of football?

Neil Fucking O'Donnel's 2 picks in SB XXX

#6898 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Can you elaborate? Were they terrible picks or not his fault? I have no memories of that Super Bowl or who even played. I know O'Donnel was a Steelers QB.

Steelers/Cowboys and they were totally the worst INTs ever...like everyone kind of believes he was paid off. Steelers had a real chance in a decade when AFC hadn't done jack.

Exhibit A 1:10
Exhibit B 1:45

I mean...wow

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Worst moment - still has to be palmers injury even though this past playoff game was brutal.

I went to the Cin/Det game that year in my Steelers swag...Who Dey nation was pumped that year talking shit to me...they paid for it with Palmers knee

#6901 7 years ago

3 Rings is an easy in. Hell, for good trivia there's only 1 QB not in the hall with 2 SB wins...
and a Heisman & Maxwell
Rookie of the year
Come back player of the year
SB MVP

EDIT: That's 2 starting wins...sorry Phil

#6927 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I wouldn't be surprised if Harrison doesn't do that and just retires. I mean he's a backup at best right now.

haha...you keep telling yourself that...He's a bengal slayer

#6930 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wanna make another bet? James Harrison in the two games against the bengals this year will have no sacks, no INTs, and less than 10 tackles per game.
40 quarters.

40 quarters...Ok so we're not counting the Playoff win for Pitt...that's fine by me.

Done.

#6932 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. Good one, but yes only reg season counts.
Also our other bet is bengals make playoffs and steelers don't for another 40 quarters right?

Correct all around.

#6937 7 years ago

He's the lucky one.

#6939 7 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

I bet the bangles will loose in the playoffs

That's ballsy...no one outside of Ohio thinks they'll even make the playoffs
EDIT; Oh sorry didn;t see you were from Ohio

1 week later
#6976 7 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Bridgewater just went down. Looks like the Packers should run away with division this year

According to the St. Paul Pioneer Press, he was grabbing his left knee as teammates prayed around him.

Ouch

#7002 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

This game will be risky, I hope Marvin keeps the starters out.

No worries, pretty standard practice for any smart coach not to pla...oh dear, marvin lewis....hmmm.

2 weeks later
#7206 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

AFC North Prediction

Hows that working out for ya?

#7212 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Enjoy it while it lasts cause it won't last long!

Riiiight.

#7229 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

only choice I have is to be optimistic. He has steadily improved in the head case department. Last years QB coach is now the O coach so that is good. Bears made some decent moves in off season and hopefully Kevin White comes back strong.
I am looking forward to fall football season!

Quoted from Whysnow:

Bears will get 10 wins and make the playoffs.

#7231 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hey now, it's still mathematically possible. Haha

True...12%

#7234 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

True dat. The real test starts in OCT though. Can you imagine if the Cubs blow it again? It would make us Bengals fans look like we got it easy.

WTF this is the fucking football man's thread guys...take that lazy shit sport to it's own thread!

#7236 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

last 10 pages have been more about "fantasy" lol

Yeah that has been killing this thread too, but at least its football.

#7247 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I have no idea how "fantasy" talk is killing this thread unless some just really like to bitch. Even then, it's satisfying the need to bitch, so WTF? Aren't you happy having something to bitch about? Participating in a fantasy league has made the regular season a lot more interesting to me.

Fantasy is up and down. I remember a championship I won when Warren Moon to Joey Galloway was monies in the bank.
I remember when Eric Rhett held out and blew my 1st round pick (I'll wait whilst you look that one up).
There's a simple truth to Fantasy Football; it's great playing it, but I don't give a shit aboot your team tough tits.
But actually you're right, I don't mind your team or talking fantasy , just when I have to scroll down through everyone's obnoxious fucking pictures of their line-ups taking half a page gets a little annoying. Oh wait...everyone doesn't do it, just you.

#7249 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is Bill Belichick the best coach ever?

There's not even a question; and I hate him & the Pats. Unless you give a ton of credit for inventing new systems and things, what he's done in the cap era is unreal.

#7263 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I've got Ebron as my starting TE

Haha and you're trying to talk shit to me?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

They've been good since 2000. Has any other franchise even come close to that amount of success?

the Steelers obviously...and the Pats have put them down in a couple of championships games. The thing that makes him so good is he's just a total dick. Run up the score, dirty players/plays, all players questionable, using weird rules just to use them; I mean its the greatest thing ever. The thing I really wonder is how good is Brady without Bellicheck.
Oh And the Colts before Mannning left...man i tell you I don;t know what Andrew luck is. Sometimes he;s everything they say he is, other times he just looks completely horrible like manziel level. The O-line can't be THAT bad?

#7270 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I would have bet on the Texans winning last night and they got spanked.

That's why no one gets rich betting on the NFL; so hard. Been in knock out pools for years and know a lot aboot the NFL, lose every year to people that know nothing

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'll look up some more stats today as a fun Friday project. The Steelers have been great too in the Big Ben era, but they are in a tier below the pats for sure.

Yeah Steelers certain(t)ly have those fall off seasons, and garbage after SB seasons.

http://www.therichest.com/sports/football-sports/the-10-best-nfl-teams-this-millenium/

#7272 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Well he probably will be a better choice than Bennett who I switched to at the last moment. I'll at least take a little comfort in knowing they tried to toss Bennett a touchdown.

Take it from someone in Michigan, Ebron is never a better choice unless you leave an empty slot...and then it's a coin flip.

#7274 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Co
Steelers missed the playoffs 5 times and didn't have winning records for 4 of them.

yup & as you know steelers in much much harder division

#7280 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Who else is super excited about a potential Edelman-as-Qb next week?

Well he wouldn't be a WR if he started at QB, so no sneaky 2 Qbs starting that week. I'm def excited to see if bellicheck does it...seems too wacky even for him but I'm sure it wouldn't shock any of us.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

The AFC north did have multiple teams make it into the playoffs more than the AFC east, but I honestly don't think the division matters when talking about he patriots.

They basically have a division with 3 Cleveland Browns for fuck sakes! Other than the couple years Rex Ryan made the Jets good; still blows my mind.

#7282 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

He would be listed as a WR, meaning you could put him in a WR spot. So yeah, you could start two QBs.

I'm not sure aboot that. He's listed as a WR now, but if he started as a QB he might be designate that way?
Edit: I guess it would just come down to how your individual league lists him. In the game he would be a qb, but fantasy wise its up to them. Ha, new WB position

#7287 7 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

WR crisis on my team! Who should I start, Jarvis Landry, Mike Wallace, or Brandon Marshall? Marshall is questionable but usually plays through most pain.

I'm starting Wallace...so you probably want to stay away from him

Quoted from tilt-master:

Yahoo, CBS sports, NFL.com would need to change his designation (and they can't once a season starts). I've never seen a commissioner setting that can do that.

I seriously doubt they couldn't do it during the year, it's just never happened before. But yeah I couldn't change a players position on CBS, not that I would.

#7290 7 years ago

Fair enough def wrong on this one

"POSITION ELIGIBILITY
The NFL sends us an updated list of every player's position eligibility, including rookies, prior to the start of each season. "

Didn't think it would be that big of a deal but it is. Good point I didn't even think of the roster restrictions for players as my league doesn't have one.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not sure if the bengals home opener could've gone any worse. Time for them to really see what they are capable of and shake this off on a short week.

Hill did awesome for me & they lost, great opener

Don't have any stats but it seems like a lot of Safeties happening this year?

#7292 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Gotta admire the packers for being well versed in stupid NFL rules. Sad that is what it takes, but admire that they did the time to know the rules. Guessing that one will be changed next year.

2 things I never give professionals credit for;
1. Knowing the rules of the job they get paid millions for
2. Beating the Lions

#7296 7 years ago

haha don;t screw with a kicking net tough guy!

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So every QB in history who has dropped off at 40 - which is pretty much all of them - was a drunk and a poor eater?

Crazy I just looked up Montana, whom was 38-39 when he retired. Remember how old he looked? And he had 2 years off basically.

#7298 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

months after he tore it up and was one stupid Favre move away from getting the Vikes to the Super Bowl?

GUNSLINGER!

Having just turned 40 last year I can tell you even the most well toned pristine body like mine started going down then.

EDIT: But to your point, No I actually didn't remember that year. I thought he retired after the bonehead INT...yeah that last year stats are bad. Dare I say un-gunslinger like.

#7301 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Ahh. Steelers getting destroyed. That always feels good.

Man can the Eagles be this real? Wow...super impressive.

Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Woo hoo! This is the hawks team that's going to the Superbowl this year.

They always look that way when playing SF

#7303 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That or the Steelers are overrated. Haha

For your sake you better hope not

#7305 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This isn't college. So I absolutely hope they are overrated and get destroyed the rest of the way.

Yup...that sounds like the typical cincicannati fans jerk off fantasies.

#7308 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

NBC constantly plugging Collinsworth's PFF is getting annoying

THANK YOU

#7317 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Must win against a banged up questionable dolphins team.

There's no part of Miami that is questionable in any way; they are completely horrible.

Man Josh Gordon goes into rehab...I was counting on him for my team this year; unbelievable talent. I guess as a person it;s the right thing to do but I don't care aboot that; the fucker.

#7320 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Is that really Dalton's hair color? It's exactly the color of Bengal orange. I hope that's legit because it's really impressive

Ha I know, his NFL pic is spot on.

Oh snap i like this Bengals dark/Alternate Unis...nice.

#7326 7 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I like the new seahawks...

WOW you don't say?!?!

#7330 7 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Hey, at least we don't dress up as bumblebees when playing!

I try to stay away from comparing one to the other, becasue we're both fans of the teams and will generally like our own better.
Just looking at it scientifically though; this is fucking putrid. it doesn't really matter if another team has one worse.

st (resized).jpgst (resized).jpg

#7334 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

That looks horrible. Did they take a page from Oregon U.?

They tried although I actually like some of Oregon's. I don;t remember any of them looking like piss-shit coming out of a 1983 asshole like this one. Miami Dolphins wouldn't even wear this...well that;'s probably going too far.

#7340 7 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

It's their "color rush" jerseys. They force them now for Thursday night games. I guess they're hoping to sell some more jerseys to all the people that the shitty Thursday games may inspire.

At least all the color blind people making such a stink forced the nfl to have one team wearing white...becasue that shit last year was embarrassing....even worse than just a standard Thursday night game.

Lest we forget

cr (resized).jpgcr (resized).jpg
cr2 (resized).jpgcr2 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#7436 7 years ago

Romo will break his back again immediately after returning just like last year....just keep him out the year and then trade him for something.

#7440 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Be careful what u wish for.

It would be hard to replace his 14 years and no playoff wins. Well hard because no other team would put up with it.

#7443 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

you can't really bring Dak back in at that point because the decision has been made that Romo is your starting QB who is being paid those big bucks.

Big bucks doesn't enter into it at all, Jerry Jones is worth over 5 billion.

#7462 7 years ago

Some day for the AFC North. At least CIN/CLE/BAL were supposed to lose; uff Miami

#7464 7 years ago

WTF i just ahd a post that said in other pathetic news Aaron Rodgers is garbage...that's before his fumble in the 5 yard line...lord.

#7466 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

First half was a very low score with Atl only scoring 3 points. I look now and they have 24.

They just reported that Pete Carrol is "very Concerned" with his defense and has "personally talked to them" a couple times in the second half whilst showing a sad Dick Sherman on the sideline...it was all VERY Seattle.

#7495 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

After they missed 47 holding calls in the Steelers game with no explanation I stopped worrying about it as nothing is going to change.

Some things they just do not call anymore and that[s the way it is. Holding is always going to be #1, but the flavor of the month now is false starts. I see O-line jumping into a full stance before the ball moves at all. It used to piss me off but whatever, as you're saying it isn't going to change.

#7511 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That's the thing. He didn't stink it up. Was top ten in fantasy, but I was glad to pick him up in the 4th round in my draft. He's been top ten going into this week as well this year. Not a sexy pick, but gets it done.

barely top 10...but yeah people remembering him sucking because he was so high up. I got him 6th round as my WR3 and was happy at the time. Gonna swap him out with Pryer and see what happens.

3 weeks later
#7576 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I think they need to put the head official in the booth all game to look at footage in real time. That would take away the wasted time it takes for refs on the field to look at the tape. It would help speed up the game.

This is just another completely dumb thing the NFL drags it's heels on. Remember when I, and you, and everyone we know has been telling them to put a goddamn camera on the goalines at games to get the perfect view? They still can't get that right all the time.

They haven't even figured to pause a replay, and then switch to another camera angle at that same point & time to help with calls. I swear I saw it once but then never again.

#7579 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Saints fans got a nutpunch today

Yeah that was crazy.

haha...gave Dallas the old dirty Marino

EDIT: Sure...don't worry aboot elliot

1 week later
#7643 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The ratings are down because the reality tv script writing has gotten aweful. They need some new writers.

No, the ratings are down because most of these teams are HORRIBLE to watch. You have a few exciting teams that you'd watch if it isn't related to you, but overall the product is just pure garbage.

Teams right now in playoffs if it started.
Lions, Redskins, NYG, Bal, KC, DEN

Now, The Skins are heating up and they're getting to be a good time, but all these other teams are dreadful to watch. The Lions, seriously? The best team in the NFC North just had to cum(sic) from behind to Beat the Jags with 1 offensive TD @ home.
They're the defacto #1 team just as Bal is in the AFC North, what a joke. KC is cruising along like every year in a totally boring and forgettable way.
Super low QB play in a league that's build around the pass more than ever. Let's just take the AFC North QBs thru 10 games
Flacco 10 tds 9 INT
Dalton 11/6
Rothlisberger 20/7 Missed 4 games
Browns guys I don't even know.

Gawd awful

#7650 7 years ago

Not looking good for the Saints this year.

Yeah they just can't get a good defense down there. Sad as I always like to see Brees do well and the entiore team get back at Goddell for screwing them over.

#7677 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This one gets my vote:

When I watched it live I thought Kap went down way too early and could have made a much better effort to get to the endzone on the last play of the game. Then I realized it was Suh and he was going to decapitate him and thought he made the right choice.

#7693 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I've really taken a liking to CBS' Fantasy set up. They have a lot more tools and stats to look through than ESPN.
How's everyone else doing?

CBS isn;t perfect but it's decent. Of course it costs cash to hold on to your league which sucks but whatever.

Clinched Playoff spot - 7-5 with the 2nd to worst coach ranking...I've boned myself every goddamn week.

Quoted from dmbjunky:

I'm still a little skeptical of them.

ha that's the crazy thing aboot this season, almost no one is trustworthy. NYG has won 6 in a row against whom? SAme bunch of losers everyone else is beating. Ravens, Cinci, rams, Bears, Browns...hard to get pumped aboot that.

#7713 7 years ago

Bucs 2 times and hotlanta once... they can;t pull that off. They'll be fine this week though

#7722 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

S
So do you think he made the call because you were tied, or was that the official stance that you had to play all spots on each week and he was consistent?

Stupid rule. It's impossible to stop people from throwing games (or trying to) if they're the kind of people to do it. We used to have rules aboot it years ago and finally we just all grew up and agreed not to do it.
League with scoring that stupid can't/shouldn't be taken seriously anyway.

#7730 7 years ago

Wow, horrible missed called by the officials in the last 30 seconds of the game that possibly decided it; what are the chances?

The answer these days is aboot 1 in 3 games?

Quoted from Erik:

The rule was don't start an inactive player or get suspended a week. It stems from lazy owners starting bye or injured players in previous seasons. Not from owners throwing games.

Sure Sure...basically the same thing; if you're going to throw a game that's how you do it.
Obviously I'm not in the league so i don't know, you're claiming one thing, Astro is claiming another. Unless Astro's "questionable (game time decision) player" was questionable from inactivity. And even then, it would involve the team's coach to know....AKA if it's bellicheck that shit can happen quite a bit. Or Goddell getting off his golden thrown to suspend someone at his wHim.

But don't mean to disagree with you, we've dealt with that crap before and it does suck, people not setting line ups. We've actually dealt with it this year because someone rage quit right after the draft and gave up their team; so we had to get an old owner.
Why did they rage quit? Well the draft was at Noon and they got too fucking high to know what was going on. Put their team on auto-draft, couldn't figure out how to list players in the proper order, and just drafted the highest scoring players every round. 16 rounds = 8QBs.
CLASSIC

#7733 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Well I clearly wasn't trying to throw a week. I was in a tie for fist place. Not to mention that the week my player didn't play I still won by a good margin. The rule was in place to try and keep people caring about their team and play hard every week. Clearly I cared about my team which is what really pissed me off.

yep, sounds like a stupid rule

#7750 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Good win for the Lions today. I didn't think the Saints at home was a good match up for them statistically. Picked off Brees three times.

Very surprising to me indeed.

#7761 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Why can't the Raiders sell tickets for the upper deck with their team being good again?

I just noticed that yesterday myself and had to look it up

"On February 2013, the Oakland Raiders announced that they would cover 11,000 seats in the Mount Davis section with a tarp to avoid blackouts. This reduces capacity to 53,250, by far the smallest in the NFL (league rules require a minimum capacity of 50,000, and no other stadium seats fewer than 61,000). Under NFL rules, the tarps have to stay in place throughout the season, even if the Raiders make the playoffs.[50] However, if the Raiders ever host the AFC Championship Game, the Coliseum can easily be expanded to full capacity; the Arizona Cardinals were allowed to expand University of Phoenix Stadium to 72,000 seats when they hosted the 2008-09 NFC Championship Game."

I bet they thought they were going to be shitty as usual, and now they're stuck having them closed; that's a weird one for sure.

And yes I heard today that Cam Newton wasn't wearing a tie on the plane ride so he was benched. Good lord.

#7764 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Good thing that the 3 points that the turnover lead to didn't matter. Haha

I think as a coach, of any team, when you put Dereck Anderson in to a game losing only 3 points from it is a victory.

Quoted from dmbjunky:

Making taxpayers pay for billion dollar stadiums for millionaires is something I'm not to keen about.

Standard practice though, happens everywhere. If it makes you feel better usually they're billionaires so maybe Oakland needs the help

#7768 7 years ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

My neighbor's a Browns fan so he was happy they didn't lose this weekend.

And everyone in a knockout pool had an uneasy feeling.

#7770 7 years ago

The pick-2 play by K.C. at the end of the game was incredible.

Hmm..I didn't hear you mention the NO/DEN ending with such fondness.
But seriously yeah those plays are crazy. And Berry already had a pick 6 before the pick 2? Awesome.

#7774 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think blackouts are now a thing of the past. Sell out or not.

I hope so...fucking stupid. Looks like they extended the black outs to this year only, so we'll see next season.
eXpecially these days, so much goddamn monies are rolled into taxes anyway.

#7807 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Namath was pretty beat up by the time he ended his career with the Rams.

Wonder what a little present day knee surgeries could do. Basically broken right around 30.

#7817 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

The Thursday night game might be the best game all week. The Raiders and Chiefs are two teams that have never liked each other. It's one of sports best rivalries.

Yep and I still won't watch it because it's Thursday and there's only so much time to get off from the fam. Stick a goddamn fork in this Thursday night shit once and for all....it's just a matter of time.

#7821 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I hope not.
especially when we finally get a good matchup like we have this Thursday with the Raiders and Chiefs.

Yep it depends on how you look at it. I watched exactly 1 Thursday night game because the Steelers were playing. The problem is like you know, it took 14 goddamn weeks to get a good match up (And obviously they figured OAK was going to suck again whcih is why they scheduled it before the season).
The games suck, the NFL knows it and thinking aboot axing them, and it can be unfair to certain teams. And obviously the medical aspect come into play.

#7824 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't really buy the argument in the end because both teams are playing on Thursday (obviously), and while it means both teams have a shorter week to recover from Sunday's game, they will also have more rest than the team that they play the following Sunday, so it's basically a wash, if not an advantage.

It might be an "advantage" for the next week, but it's cartain(t)ly a disadvantage for the current week; Less practice time, less healing time, less film study time etc. Put those 2 together and you may get a wash, but the real issue comes with getting a less enjoyable Thursday night game with players possibly not ready to play that early, that could do so on Sunday.
I mean whom knows, it might be just fine if they actually played some interesting teams...but maybe they're hedging their bets for Sunday ratings? The rating are in the shitter...cant tell if it has any relationship to TNF.

#7826 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Throw in a bye week for one of the two teams and that really throws a wrench in the gears.
Wednesday night football anyone?

You'll have to ask college if they're going to take that night along with Friday.

#7828 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The opposing team is in the exact same position (i.e, they have the exact same "disadvantages") so how is it a disadvantage?

Fair point, they might be just as disadvantaged as the other in that situation.

#7834 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Ughh. And not doing the 9:30am kickoff anymore. Unless it's "your" team, the London game is unwatchable anyways.

Even then I wouldn't wake up for it...and that's 9:30am east coast

#7844 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Raiders getting killed

Same shit diff'rent day...besides Lions they're the cumback kids.

#7894 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

@Ind
Looks like 0 - 3 for jags

The Jags are horrible, but so is Indy, they could win that one.

Is there a reason Bortles is still starting? That dude is hot garbage. I see @ least 2 qbs I'd start over him on the roster and even Denard Robinson, the worst pure passer I have ever seen.

#7931 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Great first for my Bengal cats. Let hope they keep it up!!

ha. At least Harrison didnt get a sack

#7936 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha yep. That's forty quarters for me. What was our other bet?

You already lost it so it's a wash; It was best record. Oh jesus I didn't even see till now the loss was because hill disrepected the towel...when will people learn?

Quoted from Erik:

One of my favorite things in football is when a coach ices the kicker with a timeout, he misses, then the kicker makes the subsequent attempt

Totally agree!

#7938 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Maybe Bradley will be let go this time.

CONGRATS!

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Okay cool. Yeah the game went downhill after hill tried to tear the towel.

Harrison has 5 sacks this year...not bad for a 62 year old man

#7957 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

but could they really beat them 3 times in the same season?

I've often wondered aboot this "stat" myself and if they keep records of it. I'd guess if you already beat a team twice, you have a high chance of doing it again, but obviously you could see it easily the other way around. These are playoff teams and not just Gb beating the Lions every year

#8003 7 years ago

Santa bringing some broken bones for Xmas eh? lockett's was rough

Looks like he might have just stopped in Oakland for Carr?

#8040 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I meant a lot of the Seahawks are assholes but it is funnier the way you took it.

I love Seahawks fans...classic 1-time SB champs...think their team is the best ever and it's nothing but Lambardi Trophies from here on out We've all been there before though.

#8049 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I actually wish that they saved that one for the playoffs instead of showing it in a meaningless game though.

Exact same thing I said when I saw it.

#8054 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Just not sure he would want to play for someone besides Jerry

Come on now, John Elway is someone a QB with only a year or 2 left would love to play for.

#8057 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Romo can't stay healthy behind the best O-line in football, he might get killed behind one of the worst ones in Denver. No way he goes to Denver, they put too much into Paxton Lynch and are going to give him a shot, not bring in another guy that will be a starter somewhere.

He only needs to stay healthy and start for like 6 games.

Have you actually looked at Lynch's contract? He's making peanuts.

#8064 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I wouldn't consider anybody playing in the NFL making peanuts. They get paid way too much and these multi-million contracts are frickin ridiculous.

Ha that's funny. NFL signs BILLION dollar contracts for TV coverage, And Paxton Lynch is guaranteed to make $8,334,083 from his contract. That seems to make him for the 40th highest paid QB in the league (out of 98).

Peanuts.

#8066 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

But IMO it's still a good game plan vs. resting players or worrying about injuries. Plus they can also use the mindset they have nothing to lose in this game.

They got the best record against Brady there so they can def do it. They aren't resting their players because they are all unproven players whom need work. Of course I think the Chargers still have to beat KC for the Fins to get out of playing Steelers.
"Be careful what you wish for blah blah" But if Steelers can get passed them, a juicy matchup with a no chance Oakland team awaits. Don;t think for a second I don;t remember Miami beating Pitt though.
Uff Fins got a hard road...but they could beat face Pitt & NE on the road in winter first 2 games. I've seen stranger things.

#8068 7 years ago

Miami/Houston battle of the back ups....good stuff there.

#8070 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm curious if the Raiders backup will be able to perform as well as Miami's has.

Raiders were done immediately after Carr's injury. Miami was winning in spite of Tannehill, and Raiders were winning because of Carr; massive diff'rence.
Shit Oakland better hope Cook has some of that old MSU magic left.

#8074 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I guess Miami should hope for Houston and then the Raiders eh?

OK...then the Chiefs would have to beat Pittsburgh for that happen.

But yes...that's the road anyone would like to have.

#8078 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If Oakland beats Denver and Miami beats New England Sunday, as well as the Chiefs beating the Chargers, Miami would go to Pittsburg followed by Oakland. Just like the good old days....

Ahhh ha! So Raiders take #1 seed and play #6 Fins after they beat Pitt....you got it!

Shit this is complicated.

#8088 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

You guys have a lot of faith that the Raiders can beat the Broncos,

I don;t think we are at all. I think most of us agree their season is over.

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

If home field counts as 3 points then the oddsmakers are favoring the Packers in Det by a touchdown? Was surprised this game wasn't a pick em.

Well the odds makers are there to entice betting, not put an actual line of whom will win. in reality the Packers will crush the Lions by 20

#8100 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I think most nfl experts would say that the tuck game was a correct call on an awful rule.

I think the main issue is that was the only time the rule was ever used.

#8104 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Completely untrue. It happened AGAINST the Patriots in a loss against the Jets a few months earlier on a QB sack that resulted in an incomplete pass rather than a fumble. Don't remember any outrage or demands that the rule be changed though...

Sorry, the 2nd time it was ever used.

I won't go into the outrage over a week 2 game and the playoffs...I trust you can figure it out.

#8107 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

That week two game cost the Patriots a win. If it cost your team a win I'm guessing you would have been more knowledgeable about the rule rather than thinking it was the first time it was ever applied, which you now know is wrong. Hopefully you have learned a lesson and will refrain from forwarding this fiction in the future.

First time it was called that it mattered, got it.

Just messing around man. I hope for your sake the The Superbowl Champions 2001 NE Patriots finally get justice over that one bad call in week 2.

#8121 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Rough start for the home team.

Brutal...get your tickets to Pittsburgh kids

#8122 7 years ago

ROMOS BACK TO STAY

#8127 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Shit Oakland better hope Cook has some of that old MSU magic left.

#8130 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

I'm hoping our 3rd string QB is a phenom!!! LOL

I love me some Connor Cook...good QB.

#8144 7 years ago

Please refresh my memory as to why the Saints SB trophy should be taken back from them.

Think he's refering to other NFL made up witch hunts ie "Bounty-Gate" for the Saints...what a joke.

#8157 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Pacman may have just "packed" his bag in Cincinnati.

Child please! They have the worst fucking coach in football and HE CAN'T EVEN GET FIRED. Pacman is a great guy...they'll knock this felony from spitting on someone down to a misdemeanor and it'll be cool.

#8165 7 years ago

If you're betting, that 10 to Miami looks pretty damn nice.

#8167 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

As in you think the fish cover? I'll be surprised if they score a single point. Pit by at least 20.

10 points is a lot to a team that already beat Pitt this year. Sure many diff'rent factors I get it but that's a damn chunk. Pitt 5-5 in wild card round etc.

Hope your right.

#8171 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

My upset pick of the week is.....never mind, I don't see a wildcard upset.

NYG is the only one I'm thinking aboot. Look, we all know GB has 0, er, like -3 CB playing. If Eli can tame Odell and stop him from throwing a hissy fit early and just keep jamming him the ball, they can do it.

#8183 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Texans or Raiders will be super easy win for the Pats.

Shit I thought Oakland was locked in to #2 and Pitt had the easy route NE ended up with.

Just fathom that Brady basically got a bye to his 11th Championship game. ELEVEN!

#8187 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

But that hasn't stopped wildcard teams from winning it all.

Remember when all teams played the first weekend of the playoffs?

I know I was there

Shit bro I still can't get over Seattle being in the NFC! Wait till people get their way and they take away division playoff spots and turn everything in to best record

#8199 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

They have a great defense but their offense is stuck in rookie season.

It's actually much worse than you are making it, because their defense sucks. I mean it's better than Miami's and a few other teams at least

#8201 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How do you figure that? I think they are #1 against the run and in pretty close to the top in a lot of defensive categories. Mack is a monster!

YPG is sort of a standard way of rating defenses...when you hear "Houston is the #1 Defense" that's what they mean; Raiders are 26th. Rushing yards they are 23rd...so umm...yeah
EDIT: 24th against the pass.

#8203 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Whatever stat tracker. I watch games and The Raiders are gonna absolutly put a stop to Houston.

Wow what a hot take!!! Oakland will shut down the 28th ranked offense in the league...oh sorry there I go again tracking stats again

#8207 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

but I have to like the Giants' chances since Eli tends to overperform (or start performing?) when the Giants claw their way into the playoffs, and their defense is finally stout again.

Because Eli has NEVER lost to a SB winning QB in the Playoffs!

#8209 7 years ago

Yep...and shit Astro even better for us the Lions have the longest playoff losing streak ever (tied with Chucks boys), and Seattle has the longest home winning streak in history.

DOUBLE DUE!!!!

#8214 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

How many lions players have lost a game playing for the lions in the playoffs? The 12th man may be the difference but those dumb stats wont.

Per usual I don't even know what the fuck your point is.
Almost all of these lions lost 2 seasons ago in the playoffs.
Maybe your point is Seattle is going to win; no shit

#8219 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

That seems uncalled for.

This was always a centerflank thread. He would love such a thing, and then mention he was impressed rondogg took Brady's dick out of his hands long enough to type it

That ones for you Flank!

#8222 7 years ago

Man its gotta be a late night post to pick the Lions! Put the bottle down!

#8237 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Am I the only one who thinks Houston is going to win?
Any Raider fans want to wager?

Houston has the best defense in the league going against a 3rd string qb making his first start. Houston will win

Quoted from bemmett:Cause running games just appear in the NFL for teams with snap of some fingers? Good luck!

It's Lion's fans logic... Don't try to reason with it.

#8263 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Fat lady aint singing yet.

Hope she knows another qb

#8265 7 years ago

Phew needed that turnover

EDIT: and that one

EDIT2: and that one

#8275 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

2001 and 2004 AFC Championship games. Pats won both.

That's why I'm glad it would be at NE...both those were in Pitt

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
6,386 posts in this topic match your search for posts by thelaw. You are on page 1 of 26.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.