tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53769 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Erik (1 year ago)

Post #71251 draft values Posted by Deaconblooze (87 days ago)

Post #74765 Fandom Posted by DanMarino (40 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boscokid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

1,478 posts in this topic match your search for posts by boscokid. You are on page 1 of 6.
#9235 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

There is a reason all Lions fans think the league is against them.

I have seen the Lions lose in any possible fashion, so this really surprise me.

What I really hate is the 4 minute delay then come back on the field and announce game over, Falcons win. Who the fuck thought this system would be good for the game?

#9238 6 years ago

Not referring to any particular play but I am getting increasing sick of seeing Pass Interference calls when you have two dudes running side by side and full speed basically in the same space. These guys are 220# and running fast enough to get a speeding ticket in a neighborhood, so what if there arms are touching

Throwing a flag because of incidental contact that has nothing to do, and no impact, with the actual play is just stupid

1 month later
#9554 6 years ago

Lions are just as inept as always.

Why kick the FG to take the lead when you can give up 97yd TD instead.
Poor running game, dropped passes. A stupid OC that doesnt seem to realize you dont have to wait until you are losing to be creative.

#9563 6 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Now that we traded for their left guard, its lookin pretty good for the hawks.

Seattle running game had 17 carries for 3 yards - "lookin pretty good" seems just a touch on the optimistic side

2 months later
#10121 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

In 1994 they changed the rules to protect the passers and receivers so there would be more scoring. Brady is certainly the king of the post rule change years, bar none. Before that the QBs got hit almost every time they threw the ball with no penalty. When Brady gets hit 4 or 5 times in a game he starts to wilt.

Impossible to tell what kind of numbers Montana would have in today's touch football, however it's obvious Brady's numbers would be lower had he played in the NFL 25 years ago.

#10144 6 years ago

Taking a knee with 55 seconds left and 2 timeouts from the 30yard line is textbook 'playing scared'

#10179 6 years ago

Exciting time to live in Eagles territory !

#10228 6 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

incidental face mask (5 yard variety)

No such thing as incidental face mask anymore, they are all 15 yards.

The obvious answer is Offensive Pass Interference on Jacksonville for impeding the NE player path to the ball

#10297 6 years ago

Offered SB tickets for face value of $950. Declined; as its a major cost pain in the ass to get to Minneapolis from Philly and hotels not exactly cheap. Also, not an Eagles fan.

1 week later
#10423 6 years ago

Loved seeing the Eagles steal the Pats play on the TD pass to Foles

7 months later
#10862 5 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

and LeGarrette Blount gets ejected for a push/shove ?
wtf is that.

Blount wasn't in the game for that play - he deserved his ejection

1 month later
#10951 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Just because they call them the LA Chargers again doesn't mean they play in LA. Inglewood, although close is not LA. Even the stadium they are temporarily in now is not LA. Although they are in LA county.

I know nothing about Southern California other than what I see on TV.

Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Valley Girl, Psych, Bosch. Those guy could get across town in 10 minutes; then I look on a map and it's half a days journey from San Fernando to Irvine, I feel like I have been deceived.

#10972 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well you're gonna get it a what 8:00 AM? My bad, it's 6:30 AM our time. Still too early.
Beside that I always liked our traditional starting times. 10:00 AM and 1:00 PM. 5:20? for the night games.
6:00 PM for MNF which is now long gone.
Bars serving bloody marys and prime rib and eggs for the early game or just waking up and settling in at home making breakfast and enjoying a full day of games.

I love the London games - I will watch whoever starts at 9:30. Wish it was teams I cared about.

1 week later
#11015 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Yeah, I’m about sick of hearing that theory. Hangovers last a day or two, not a few months.

Hungry Dogs Run Faster. This current Eagles team has been feasting like kings since last February

2 months later
#12198 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Reason #56 I will not own a Microsoft Surface is my ongoing frustration at watching septuagenarian zebras staring into a blue hood

Really don't understand this, if all calls are reviewed in NYC why does that dude even have to pretend to look at a screen? Just give him the answer and move on with the game.

1 month later
#12868 5 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I feel bad for Giants Fans...

Has any checked on Levi?

#12873 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Levi's thrilled cause he's a Redskins fan.
Giants getting picked like a Thanksgiving Day 3 turkey bone.

I had the pleasure (misfortune) of watching the 91 NFC championship with my roommate who happened to be a Redskin fan.

Sadly, dejected Barry is what I remember most from that day, and more sadly, losing that game may be the highlight of Detroit Lions football in my lifetime.

2 weeks later
#12927 5 years ago

I wonder how the last two minutes are going to work. No coaches challenges; so is every pass play going to be booth reviewed for OPI and DPI? Can't see how that would add to anyone's enjoyment of the game

Also, if the final replay call is made in NYC what's the point of having the head referee go the sideline and pretend to stare at a screen? Just give him the answer and move on.

2 weeks later
#12971 5 years ago

NFL schedule maker is merciful this year, allowing me to see the Lions in Philadelphia before they are mathematically eliminated.

1 week later
#12990 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Worst pick so far, Giants and Jones?

Saw this A+ trolling of NYG posted elsewhere

cache (resized).pngcache (resized).png
#12996 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Gotta say A+ day one by the Redskins. Two major areas of need addressed and no moronic trades.

Haskins did not look very happy to be drafted. We haven't seen that level of excitement since the Chargers took Eli #1 overall.

Makes me wonder if his agent told Washington he didn't want to go there and they took him anyway

#12999 4 years ago

You are probably right, I'm just a sucker for a good conspiracy theory

3 months later
#13062 4 years ago

Watched some of the Lions game last night, safe to say they are in mid-season form

4 weeks later
#13560 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

As a Lions fan fantasy football is incredible as I now enjoy following other teams and players versus the Lions lol.

Shut up and drink your Honolulu Blue Kool-Aid like the rest of us

#13887 4 years ago

This video cracks me:

1 week later
#14302 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

At the game doing some tailgating! Go Birds![quoted image]

Were you in Lot P? Should've said Hi to the fat dude in the Sanders jersey. I was in 134 row 11

Resized_20190922_093417_4269 (resized).jpegResized_20190922_093417_4269 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#14648 4 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Fucking Lions, same old shit.

To the surprise of no one. Moral Victory my ass. I want fucking wins

#14715 4 years ago

Yeah. That was horrible call, what's the point of allowing replay if they dont fix the egregious calls?

#14811 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Bengals O-line is the biggest roadblock to winning.

I know this is a tangential observation but the Lion's offense line has been playing well, way above expectations. Hence they are 2-1-1

#14859 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't no who or how they set it up, but used to be the top teams from the year before were given a little tougher schedule.

It's *kinda* skewed good teams vs good teams.

You get 6 games vs your division
4 games vs a complete AFC division on a rotational basis
4 games vs a complete NFC division on a rotational basis

then your 2 left over games you play 2 teams that finished in the same place you did the previous year(ie Lions finished 4th in Central so their 2 games are vs 2018 4th place teams Arizona and Tampa Bay) So in theory those teams should suck about the same

1 week later
#15162 4 years ago

Does this prove the conspiracy theory?

IMG_3130 (resized).jpgIMG_3130 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#19023 4 years ago

romulusx showing off his pro grilling skills ITT

1 week later
#20113 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Luke Kuechly retiring. 28. Hope hes alright, video made it seem like maybe something medical going on.

Players getting smarter. Better to walk away with 50M then get pushed in a chair the rest of your life with 100M.

Seems more common with every passing year.

#20240 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Darnell Burton has his leg grabbed by the opposing team and is called for traveling.... literally the worst call in the history of sports

No hyperbole allowed in the NFL thread!

Quoted from jandrea95:

and then Vontez Burfict and Pacman commit the 2 most idiotic penalties in history

I'll allow it

2 weeks later
#20794 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

This feels like found money to me:
Will the broadcast show the video of Andy Reid doing the punt, pass, and kick competition as a child?
The odds: Yes—a $1 bet wins $2.50. No—a $1 bet wins $0.25.
That clip is golden. Never gets old

You must have those odds reversed.

#20810 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:Could be wrong but I just copied it from theringer

Nope you were correct. Would definitely be betting yes on this one.

From Fansided:

Will the Broadcast Show the Video of Andy Reid Doing the Punt, Pass and Kick Competition? (Yes +300, No -500)
If you’ve ever watched a primetime game where Andy Reid has coached, inevitably you have seen the video of a 13-year old Andy Reid among several children near his age doing the punt, pass, and kick competition. The funny thing about this video is that Reid is nearly twice the size of his competitors and looks like a college football player playing in a Pee-Wee game.

For some reason, whenever the announcers are at a dull spot in the game, they love to bring out this old gem. MyBookie has the odds favored at -500 that they won’t show the video. Still, the fact that you can wager on whether the Super Bowl broadcast will take a break to show America’s Funniest Home Videos is quite bizarre.

3 weeks later
#21482 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I get that but I'm not convinced that there exist such a big difference in player ability between a 29th 1st and a #33 2nd that it's worth 2 picks.

First round picks are under team control for 5 years, second-seventh round picks only 4 years.

1 month later
#21970 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Give me a minute I'll look and see if I can find it again an dpost it.

Not sure I would put much stock in this article after reading this:

Look for Miami to offer up its final first-round selection (26th overall) and one of its fifth-round picks to Detroit for Tua. In return, the Lions gain an ability to fill two big holes on Day 1.

a) nobody is trading the 3rd pick for pick 26th and a practice squad player
b) how the hell are the Lions gonna fill 'two big holes' after this hypothetical trade?

3 weeks later
#22341 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I just read that Jerry Jones is going to be drafting at home, by himself, with no one there to help him, or stop him. Good luck Cowboys fans.

I don't ask for much, please let this be true.

1 month later
#23262 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I highly doubt hes going anywhere. His timing was horrible, and he obviously missed the message, but did he really say anything that was offensive? Had he said what he said a week ago no one would have even raised an eye to it. I don't see his teammates holding a grudge for long at all, Drew seems like an extremely loved and respected person in the locker room. He will smooth it over with the locker room, he loves his team.

plus he already issued an apology

2 weeks later
#23507 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I said that like 3 reinstatements ago. Haha

Gordon still needs 3 more suspensions and a car wreck while high on meth to unseat undisputed Suspension Champion Steve Howe

#23515 3 years ago

Not my video so ignore the commentary, but if you want to see Dallas Goedert getting knocked out then here it is.

https://twitter.com/samstompy/status/1274755865002868739?s=12

#23547 3 years ago

Awesome. Just what the Lions need to ensure decades more futility, another 'hands on' owner.

SHEILA FORD HAMP
O, DETROIT LIONS
94-year-old Lions owner Martha Firestone Ford is stepping down in favor of her daughter Sheila Ford Hamp.
Firestone Ford took over after her husband William Ford died at the age of 88 in 2014. The Lions have been in the Ford family since 1963. Ford Hamp has said she will be "very hands on." We would say that is usually a bad thing, but nothing could be worse than the past six decades of Lions football.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#23575 3 years ago

I don't see Snyder having a choice much longer. If the NFL can force Jerry Richardson to sell for being a general creep then it can certainly force a Redskins name change or sale. Richardson was among the more powerful and liked owners, not sure Dan Snyder can claim to be either.

2 weeks later
#23829 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

If no season maybe they just flip the order which would put Cincy and Washington at the end of the line. Kidding I think they'll use some sort of lottery for it.

Obvious answer is most years since last Superbowl appearance. Lions could use an 'all-time worst #1 pick' on their resume.

#23932 3 years ago

Cousins sure gets a lot of unwanted hate. His numbers in Minny have been pretty damn good especially for a team that is primarily focused on running

#23933 3 years ago

One of the more brutal comments said Rodgers is used to no one at family night.

mean....yet funny

#24029 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

but unless playing Denver, I will pull for KC because it is fun to watch.

And yeah, I hate KC

Unpossible. Pulling for a division rival is the Nut Low for any sports fan.

1 month later
#24422 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'd imagine the cancer is playing for the fuckig Jags, not the other way aaround.
Hes a good back that's had a shitty line and a no other threats on offense. Not good at rushing in TDs but they may change.

The guy with 40 rushing TDs in 32 games at LSU "not good at rushing in TDs"? Ok

Pretty sure Tom Coughlin was the cancer in Jacksonville

#24426 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I remember this one time a guy was good in college at doing something but not in the pros....weird right?
43 Red zone carries, 3 tds....just not good. Like I said, better line could change it

3rd in the NFL in rushing TDs his rookie year. I think it's safe to say he can play at this level too.

Did he get fat? lazy? WTF knows, but we do know he is going to a team with a better offensive line, a better players coach, a HOF QB & TE and two Pro Bowl WRs all with dreams of winning it all this year.

Not even sure how a malcontent could fuck this opportunity up

#24436 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I remember a year when Payton Hillis was 3rd also! Whom else was tops that year...Dwayne Bowe, BenJarvis green ellis, Rashard Mendenhall. All could play at that level...for a year
Hey I'm pulling for him. Anytime someone jets out of Jax I'm happy for them

LOL - now you are just being silly

Let's put this in perspective. Most people think Emmitt Smith was a pretty good RB, he carved out a decent career behind one of the all time best OL in NFL history.

Now munch on this, Fournette's career average yards per touch is actually HIGHER than Smith's.

Reverse their roles and the All-Time NFL rushing leader is just some dude slamming into 8 man fronts in Jax bitching about how he cant see any daylight

#24458 3 years ago

If he can turn 3rd or 4th down and 2 into 1rst downs will be a huge signing. May also be indication that Kerryon and Swift injuries may linger.

#24471 3 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Ratings will be higher then ever!!
A weekly average of just over a million people (16×65000) won't be in the stands and at home watching on TV.

How long before the constant bleating about causes and cleats and 'special interest' stories makes watching the games unbearable?

I don't fault the players for using their platform but the NFL, its sponsors, the networks and announcers trying to cash in on this is disgusting. ESPN's decent into the cesspool of unwatchable TV coincided with their attempt to be a SJW.

#24496 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Totally wasn’t considering weather. But the teams that I’d say have a good home field advantage are the ones that play outside in weather the best.
Not sure how playing in a dome gives a team the advantage over another. They are playing in that dome too.
The teams that play well in shitty weather would have an advantage at their home base I would say, but it more has to do with the weather than the location/fans.
I feel these teams have a true advantage at home:
Seahawks
Steelers
Chiefs
Packers
Maybe Denver but I have yet to see any team complain about playing there. I think the fans make more of that than anything.

Found the home field advantage numbers from 2008-2018

Top Ten:

Patriots
Ravens
Packers
Steelers
Saints
Seahawks
Vikings
Falcons
Cardinals
Broncos

Bottom five:

Browns
Buccaneers
Jaguars
Rams
Raiders

#24503 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Wow kinda surprised the Browns are in the bottom, dog pound gets pretty rowdy!

To be fair the real Dawg Pound was Cleveland Stadium and it closed after 1995 season. Those fans were much closer to the field.

#24513 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What is that based on? Home winning percentage?

correct - naturally this list is 2 years old so there may be some slight changes.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/gallery/ranking-every-nfl-teams-home-field-advantage-over-the-last-decade

2 weeks later
#25408 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Looks like Chicago is starting Foles next week. I was kind of shocked when they started Trubisky over Foles in the beginning.

When you use the 2nd overall pick on your QB you gotta be 100% sure you fucked up before moving on. Amazing Ryan Pace still has a job after giving Mike Glennon 45M then trading up for Trubisky.

SF should get an honorable mention sending pick 2 to the Bears for pick 3 then selecting Soloman Thomas, and the pick that netted Alvin Kamara (which they turned around and gifted to NO for magic beans), and moving back into the first for the Rueben Foster fiasco

Pretty much proving that NFL general managers don't know any more than people in this thread.

#25494 3 years ago

BS PI there - where is the defender supposed to put his arm when running at full speed?

#25519 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

A New Orleans Saint tests positive, not good

Adam Schefter reporting that was a false positive and NO-DET game will go as scheduled.

Does feel like NFL in precipitous spot

1 week later
#25939 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

It was on channel 44 here, the Atlanta Falcons played a high school team and the Falcons lost 44-3.

Falcons may have found a way not to lose this week

#26071 3 years ago

Should be Monday afternoon football every week

#26082 3 years ago

Dalton showing why Dallas tried to poach David Blough from the Lions

#26118 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Isn't that the truth halftime shows have sucked since the early 90's, time to let them die off.

Prince. Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Florida, Feb 4, 2007 pretty much invalidates your entire premise.

#26123 3 years ago

Top 3 halftime performances:

Michael Jackson 1993 - the first huge production and the one all future shows have been compared to. Could anybody else stand still on stage for 60 sec and have the crowd go wild? Large scale visuals with close to 100% audience participation.

Prince 2007 - Glided effortlessly through his set even in a torrential downpour. Purple Rain sang in purple rain, doubt that will ever be topped.

Men On Football 1992 - Shame on you if you stayed with ABC for Brian Boitano and Dorothy Hamill ice skating and last minute musical fill-in Gloria Estefan. Everybody else was on FOX watching what would prove to be classic sketch comedy.

Michael:

Prince:
Sorry. Doesnt appear to be any complete video on YouTube that isnt chopped up with commentary but I found it here:

https://vimeo.com/377672929

Men On Football:

#26155 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

They switched the Bucs vs Raiders and the Seahawks vs Cardinals, Seattle game is now the Sunday night game

I appreciate how dynamic the NFL has been moving games around to ensure we have something to watch Sunday nights, Monday afternoons, and Tuesday evenings. Not having fans in the seats sure seems to make things easier for them.

#26157 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hmmm....I'm trying to think of a team that isn't.
Bears?

Lions........They would need to add players to get to mediocrity

#26184 3 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

So Brady gets AB.Somehow I can't see Arians and AB not having a blowup this season.

Arians seems like a players coach. Having Brady at QB pretty much means AB stays in line.

Doubt he sees usage like his heyday but obviously Brady likes him. Seem to remember he was against Pats cutting him, which was a schism for he and Belichick

#26229 3 years ago

Thank you Todd Gurley for being too stupid to realize you would help your team more by not scoring with 65 seconds left.

#26301 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

What used to be an AJ Green is now a John Ross.

Are you really a Bengals fan? What used to be AJ Green is now Tee Higgins, and as a fan you should be ecstatic with what you see.

#26363 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Man I'm sick of all this Bengals talk. Let's discuss a GOOD team!

Could not agree more.....How bout them Lions? Does Everson Griffen have anything left as a situational DE?

Can't decide if this is a shrewd, low cost move or just another grasping at straws from Laurel and Hardy (or Quinn and Patricia)

I WANT to believe; but this team has kicked me in the Jimmy so many times I have lost count and it doesn't even really hurt anymore.

1 week later
#26473 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Stafford has the rona, out this week.

No

Quoted from Jaybird815:

He’s already ruled out and on the Covid reserve, pretty sure it’s fact

Not exactly, he got on the list for 'close contact' with a non-team member on Monday and has tested negative. If he is still testing negative 5 days later then he would be eligible to play on Sunday

2 weeks later
#26839 3 years ago

Dear teams trying to build a winner:

Subjecting your franchise QB to a weekly beating is not a good path to success. Holding onto the ghost of AJ Green hoping it was 2013 again not a good path to success.

Pretty sure his 18M would've been better spent on an All-Pro Left Tackle.

#26866 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Close call...I'm from Michigan and route for the Lions all the time; but a 'Lions Fan' is someone that gets hooked into the fantasy of turning into a good team again & again and shocked when Lucy pulls the football away.

Lions really should get more respect around the league. Its almost mathematically impossible for them to suck as bad as they do for as long as they have.

A 60 year streak of futility definitely should have a plaque in Canton, maybe a whole fkn wing devoted to the Lions. The only upside for me, every passing year it gets easier to not care at all.

#26880 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Let’s go football team !!
I’m actually warming up to the name. I think it’s hilarious.
“You don’t like our fuckin name? Ok, fine. We’re the football team. Happy now?”

Lacks capitalization but otherwise Bosco could get on board.

1 week later
#27039 3 years ago

Anybody else pumped for WAF?

Wednesday afternoon football! Will make for decent background noise to wind down the workday.

#27040 3 years ago

I have a friend that works for a marketing firm that has multiple sets of season tickets at every NFL stadium and he said hands down the hardest to give away are the Jaguars and they are the best tickets they have (50 yd line)

Freebies so far for me have been Detroit, Philly, Baltimore, and Washington. Have had to turn down Bills, Giants, Chiefs, Cowboys and Titans since he doesn't know if tickets are unclaimed and available until Thursday of game week.

Random notes:

Of the team provided tickets, Dallas offers the worst seating and Jacksonville the best
Green Bay, Pittsburgh and New England are impossible to get as they haven't been 'unclaimed' in years

#27055 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't see them going undefeated I'm the regular season. No way Tomlin doesn't do a couple dumb things and blow a game

Still pisses me off Tomlin and Steelers didn't get a huge penalty for trying to trip Jacoby Jones on that kick return in 2013. Bush League for sure....

100K ? Lmao - that should've been loss of 1rst round draft pick and a couple game suspension.

#27058 3 years ago

That's sort of Pittsburgh's thing. They also tripped the Polish Sausage!

Ha forgot that was a Pirates player.

#27059 3 years ago

This just in...RGIII not good

#27061 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He just needs to shake the rust off!
Another few turnovers oughta do it

He's gonna need apple turnovers from the break room now

#27071 3 years ago

Because everybody loves gambling bad beat stories.

My coworker had 9-7 in his 1k per block Thanksgiving day game pool. So when the 3rd string QB threw a 10yard completion that Marquise Brown took another 60 yards for the score after the defender fell......well that cost him a 10k payout.

1 week later
#27302 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don;t think anyone has argued that point in 20 years of GB QBs.
You want them to lose anyway...you don't want them hiring Bevel's broken down ass as coach.

I vote for celebrity coaches. Bob Seger, Kid Rock, Eminem, Tim Allen anyone willing to don Detroit gear and stand on the sidelines for 3 hours will do.

#27306 3 years ago

Could Fox be any more annoying with their 'Breaking News' scroll?

1 week later
#27466 3 years ago

That NY Post headline is awesome. Will the Jags pick become part of the Jets fans draft day reaction highlights we get every year?

#27537 3 years ago

Honestly looking forward to the Lions game on Saturday.

Due to Covid contact - No head coach, No defensive coordinator, plus 3 defensive position coaches will miss the game.

It's a unique and interesting strategy. I read that neither coach that will be calling the offense or defense has ever called plays at any level.
Probably should just let Stafford call the entire offensive game plan, no F'n clue what they can do on defensive - likely nothing.

Translation - this will either be a Motor City Miracle or Brady and the Bucs will put up 50+, most likely the latter.

1 week later
#27985 3 years ago

NFL covid lists seem to be very popular this week.

#28012 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’m pretty surprised it’s only -4

-4 with Rodgers and Adams against practice squad CBs seems too good to be true, even without a Left Tackle

#28019 3 years ago

In other NFC North news, it sounds like the lions are pursuing Schneider as their next GM. It certainly seems unlikely, but it would definitely change the way I look at that franchise.

Way too impressive a get for the Lions to land him.

Fans were hoping for a change of team direction when Martha, then Sheila Ford took over in 2015 but the appointment of family advisor/investment banker & family friend Ron Wood to President and CEO pretty much cemented their fate. Little, if any, focus on winning with a primary mission of capital appreciation.

#28332 3 years ago

Not really invested in Redskins but absent of other factors always pulling for underdogs

3 weeks later
#30019 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Wow....wow. Lions well du...du...du....done.
Tough to say!!

2 late firsts a late 3rd and take on a salary 15M more than Staffords?

Seems bizarre to me. Rams dont even have a 1rst to give in 2021. Gotta be something I am missing.

1 week later
#30172 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Megatron, first ballot HOFer!

Embarrassment to the Lions and the Ford family they have chosen to take the hardline with Calvin when he gave 100% of his body for 9 years. Seriously, withhold a million in bonus money on a technicality? Sheila needs to prove she learned something from watching her father and mother fuck over this franchise for 50+ years.

#30176 3 years ago

Hall of Fame is a crock of shit -
Troy Aikman's comparable would be somebody like Brad Johnson,
Emmitt was basically a poor man's Lamar Miller with Frank Gore's stamina

Fuck It - lets put Romo in the HOF, I actually find his color commentary somewhat amusing

#30185 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

What happened, what did I miss?

Emmitt should be ranking among his peers, ranked around the same as Eddie Lacy, Chris Ivory, Latavius Murray, and Alfred Morris.

Giving him extra credit for falling forward with a HOF O-line is an insult to the greats that have played the game

#30191 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Im confused if you are a Cowboy hater or if you have just literally never seen Emmitt play

Maybe my glasses are foggy - dude is 140th in career yards per carry. That ain't great, it's good. Wake me up when you start your "Darren Mcfadden is a Hall of Famer" thread. Oh, Lamont Jordan is just behind Emmitt so I guess you can make a case for him in the HOF too.

1 week later
#30587 3 years ago

Lions-Eagles snow bowl Dec 8, 2013. I was there, snowing so hard you couldn't sit down. As a Lions fan I did not enjoy the drive home as much as my buddy did.

4 weeks later
#30860 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:Patrick Peterson to the Vikings, not looking forward to that twice a year

He's more likely to get picked on than be feared at this stage of his career

#30895 3 years ago

Not gonna lie - it's a nothing signing of a metric talented yet underwhelming player but I am gonna find it easy to cheer for Breshad Perriman in Detroit

#30898 3 years ago

3m 1yr. Solid signing.

No telling what number he will ask for but 80 is available, just sayin.....

1 week later
#31027 3 years ago

Seems like a simple solution to address player safety concerns would be to limit each player to 16 regular season games regardless of how many team games are scheduled.

Coaches would then have to strategically manage their player 'bye weeks' based on player health, matchups, standings, game importance, etc

1 week later
#31091 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ok what team is blowing a pick on TE Pitts FFS?
Just watching a quick blurb on how great he is and it's right off the usual draft nonsense. "More than a TE," "football player," "Line him up anywhere!" "game changer!!!"
Fucking first round TEs...jesus.

Would only make sense for Detroit; their record of drafting three 1rst round TEs in ten years may never be equaled.

Draft four in twelve years they could have their own Mt Rushmore of first round tight ends!

1 week later
#31112 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Jordan Reed hangs 'em up!
Another unfortunate concussion case. Was a great player 6 years ago for one season.

I would be happier for Jordan Reed if you had posted this 6 years ago. Beast when healthy, but dude likely gonna have trouble holding a spoon in 20 years

1 week later
#31149 2 years ago

Can't wait! This will likely be the highlite of 2021 Lions football. What future HOF player will we pass on this year?

#31183 2 years ago

Green Bay QB drama never fails to disappoint - actually kinda shocked they wouldn't take pick 3 for a disgruntled 37yo QB.

Maybe we still see a blockbuster trade before 8:30 tonight?

#31237 2 years ago

ESPN coverage was horrible. Whoever was working the graphics should be fired immediately, wrong info 25% of the time - wrong teams on the clock, wrong clock times - what a disaster.

Not to mention no Team Needs while they were on the clock, no best available player scroll, really not much input from the analysts on possible picks. Still no clue what the dude to the left of Riddick was even doing at the desk. They could've put Booger on a moveable elevated arm and have him block the draft view and it would've been more entertaining.

#31264 2 years ago

Snippet from the intro presser of Lions 2nd round pick. I may have a new CrazyLevi to follow.

Lions second round pick, DT Levi Onwuzurike:

"I like f---ing people up. I like to get off the line and put my helmet and hands on an offensive lineman and f--- up an offensive scheme. I like pushing them back two, three yards and just making them feel like s---."

https://twitter.com/BradGalli/status/1388291326819581955?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1388291326819581955%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.prideofdetroit.com%2F2021%2F5%2F1%2F22413715%2Fnew-lions-dt-levi-onwuzurike-likes-fucking-up-opponents-offenses

#31279 2 years ago

Like any long time, self respecting Kool Ade drinking I am thrilled with the Lions draft haul.

As much as I like reading draft grades and reviews we wont know who 'won' this draft for 3 or 4 years

1 week later
#31330 2 years ago

Brightside news of the day, we get to play DET twice.

Count those chickens!

3 weeks later
#31398 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

is wentz the new carson Palmer ?maybe

I dont think anybody ever questioned Palmer's leadership qualities.

Seems like a better Wentz comparable would be Jay Cutler. *good enough* to win about half his games but never fully embraced by teammates or fans.

Wentz was molly coddled in Philly and it bit them in the ass and cost Doug Pederson his job. Luckily they managed a SB win before it imploded.

#31405 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He’s adorable.
Hope he doesn’t suck this season !

If he can dole out misery to Eagles, Giants and Cowboy fans than I fully support his year 17 quest

#31410 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Let the jokes roll in but the biggest one is no Toronto NFL team.

Toronto has a team - they play their games in Orchard Park.

#31425 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Late...think I just watched the end if a "Spring League Football " game. Mix of fun, but super high school...but Jerry Glanville was there?!?

Color me shocked - would've guessed Glanville not coaching but deceased. Widely credited with phrasing NFL stood for = 'Not For Long'

1 week later
#31456 2 years ago

I dont get the Uzi issue. Is it any different than other semi-auto pistols sold in America? Did he violate a California law or not have a carry permit? Was it modified to full auto? At current ammo prices even pro football players can't afford 30 rounds in 4 secs.

#31458 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:https://www.kmbc.com/article/kansas-city-chiefs-frank-clark-arrested-in-los-angeles-on-firearm-charge/36793465
Concealed firearm. Note you can get a concealed firearm permit quite easily in California, he's an idiot for driving around with a gun and not having one.
California Penal Code 25400:
“A person is guilty of carrying a concealed firearm when the person does any of the following: (1) Carries concealed within any vehicle that is under the person’s control or direction any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person. (2) Carries concealed upon the person any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person. (3) Causes to be carried concealed within any vehicle in which the person is an occupant any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person.”
As a misdemeanor, the charge carries a penalty of up to 1 year in jail. If charged as a felony, the sentence is up to 3 years in jail.

In other words it will be pled down to Driving a Car; $500 fine, suspended 90 days and he will have 2 sacks on Sept 12th.

Does the NFL normally over reach on gun charges if they are dismissed or pled down? Nearly 100% the Chiefs ain't doing nuttin unless NFL makes them.

#31463 2 years ago

So Rodgers can take a 2021 Covid excused absence, while keeping his 2021 bonus money and roster bonuses. 18.3M in free monies and put the Packers right back into the same situation next year? Yes please

2 weeks later
#31484 2 years ago

I know this will be hard to believe but the Lions pretty much sucked during the Bubba Baker years.

No surprise casual NFL fans never heard of him but he was a stud on otherwise dismal defense and won Defensive Rookie of the Year in 1978.

#31485 2 years ago

Also you can't talk about late 70s Detroit Lions without a shout out to the only NFL QB to have his own segment on America's Most Wanted

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Komlo

#31506 2 years ago

With Cam Akers torn achilles will Stafford be the first QB to throw for 6000 yards?

#31513 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wonder who gets the call. You know Adrian Petersen has been clutching his phone since he heard the news.

I don't think Gurley left Rams on bad terms, he just made too much money. So he is a maybe

AP played with Stafford last year so I suspect the coach would ask yay/nay on bringing him in, he wasn't 'bad' per se, just below average on a horrible team

#31532 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

NFL playing hardball, saying teams will forfeit games and players won't get paid if teams become super spreaders.

So you're telling me the Lions actually have a path to the Superbowl?? Does 12-5 with 10 wins by forfeit get an asterisk?

1 week later
#31625 2 years ago

It's not much but hey, if you're a Lions fan this is practically playoff talk.....for those that may not remember, DT Alim McNeill was drafted at pick 72 after the Eagles decided to trade back from 70 to 73. Eagles senior football advisor Tom Donohue was visibly upset after the Lions pick and sulked and basically refused to share Howie Roseman's excitement for Philadelphia's selection of DT Milton Williams at 73

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2021/8/3/22607812/8-standouts-detroit-lions-first-padded-practice-training-camp

Tuesday was Alim McNeill day. Head coach Dan Campbell kicked the day off by trying to hold back his obvious admiration for McNeill in the opening presser, but couldn’t help it.

“I think this kid’s going to be able to do more than just play a nose (tackle),” Campbell said. “I think there’s going to be more to this kid than just that.”

Then McNeill took the field and immediately showed why they call him “twinkle toes.” No 330-pound player should move that quick. On his very first rep during 3-on-3s with the offensive, he immediately sent two offensive linemen two the ground as everyone tripped over each other. Then, poor newbie Evan Boehm got tossed by McNeill on back-to-back plays.

54 was just all over my notebook today, and defensive coordinator Aaron Glenn couldn’t help but give the young man praise, too.

“I tell you what, man, he’s unbelievable,” Glenn said after practice. “Strong, agile, everything that we expected when we got him.”

1 week later
#31665 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I totally recognize that setup. Laptop not much good for anything else. Picture that doesn't quite fill the screen. Cables everywhere.....

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hahah yeah that laptop is 15 years old and spends the offseason in a cabinet.
For the record I would actually pay for Sunday ticket but it’s not available. In nyc. Yeah I’m surprised too.

Shocked to see Levi still streaming Old School with HDMI. I use my laptop every Sunday during football season to stream the Lions using Chromecast to the TV with no issues

Quoted from mcluvin:

Sunday Ticket experience is very platform dependent. I'm gonna try vpn + locast vs finding a stream, but honestly locast sucks on a good day. I hear youtube tv + vpn works well for bypassing blackouts, but can't really justify $60+ per month.

Surprised you think Locast sucks. I have been using it for about 9 months with absolutely zero issues, it may be the best $5 I spend monthly and I don't really watch TV other than morning news. Curious how you plan to VPN into other markets as the app makes me set location on my phone before starting a stream (to prove I am in Philly market and deliver me local channels I guess) then you can disable location after the stream starts.

#31666 2 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

I haven’t been interested in a preseason game in a long time, but tonight’s a first quick peek at the new Lions regime against the Bills, and I’m at least gonna watch the starters play in the first qtr.

I did find this story amusing. Apparently a new running back was signed so soon before the game he didn't know any teammates

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32018702/detroit-lions-rb-craig-reynolds-scores-first-career-td-day-tryout-introduced-huddle

#31670 2 years ago

I hadn’t heard that. Headline says he introduced himself in the huddle. Lions are certainly exploring a lot of options! I didn’t see the TD he scored because I was actually touching up that backglass.

I only watched highlights on YouTube but he looked like Lions best runner albeit vs Buffalo 3rd string defense. Hey if an undrafted Arian Foster can carve out a decent career why not Craig Reynolds?

#31682 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

There's a Chrome extension called Location Guard that is reported to fool Locast. I haven't messed with any of it yet, but I also have a VPN.

Edit - I just tried location guard and it does fool locast into working for a different location. I believe you must use a desktop/laptop to stream though.

Shout Out to @mcluvin! I downloaded the Location Guard app on my Android phone, opened developer options and then set my phone to allow location spoofing. Easy Peasy - now with a click I can set my location to Royal Oak, MI and use my Locast app to get local Detroit stations.

If that seems like a lot of work to get Lions games, well I really have no defense.......

#31684 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well it beats waiting for companies to buy out the remaining Silverdome seats!

Haha the best was when the Pistons played in Silverdome. The Free Press would give all the delivery people free tickets, in the 3rd level of a football stadium, to watch basketball. You could hardly tell what team the players were on, let alone see any actual action

#31696 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

OH NO Tim Tebow released

More career playoff wins than Matthew Stafford, just sayin

#31697 2 years ago

Stafford currently tied with TheLaw, CrazyLevi, and chuckwurt for career playoff wins.

#31709 2 years ago

Get home from playing pinball tourney to see Lions have released Don Mulhlbach. Sad news.

Now before you all go "who?" he was Detroit's Long Snapper for 17years - just think about how many losses this guy got to play in....

Let go on his 40th B-Day. #sad

#31711 2 years ago

Merciful. Can you imagine playing on the Detroit Lions in your 40s?

From the Lions fan site:

Death. Taxes. D̶o̶n̶ ̶M̶u̶h̶l̶b̶a̶c̶h̶

#31719 2 years ago

Matt Jones laying claim to Patriots QB job? Cam has looked lethargic for several years now

#31721 2 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Mac Jones looks good.Real good.

I guess if he wins the job I will learn his first name

#31728 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

It worked perfectly streaming from my phone to the TV for the game last night. https://506sports.com/nfl/ for broadcast maps and you are set. Beats the hell out of alt streams.

Funny I was just thinking of this today. There is a good chance a game will be blacked out in the local market and force me to set a new location in the visiting team city. Leaving it as is for now as I can easily toggle between my fake location and my actual location to determine my local market.

#31732 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So any of my cincy brethren watch the game last night? I couldn't bring myself to spending a friday night watching a Cincy-Washington Preseason game, but I did watch the highlights. Any takeaways?

Hmmm. Let's see

QB not afraid to chuck it
WR likely future All-Pro
RB shifty and likes to catch
DL good to very good?

Likely adds up to a team that costs novice bettors a lot of money and may even win 8 games and repeat as NFC East Champions!

#31734 2 years ago

Welp - after watching two Lions preseason games I am ready to announce Derrick Barnes LB, 4th round pick out of Purdue can play in the NFL.

Not sure if its the Kool-Aid or tequila talking but this is shaping up to be the best Lions draft class in years.

#31736 2 years ago

How's Jamaal Williams looking? I miss that guy.

Did nothing week 1, didnt play week 2. His role as RB 1B pretty much locked in, hopefully he gets enough carries to take pressure and beatings off Swift

#31776 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:He had some drops. They should’ve drafted Sewell because he’s been amazing. Oh wait…

Quoted from Jaybird815:

Haha, yeah I was just reading an article on 1st rd picks and Sewell was the only one graded lower than Chase.

Simmer down you two. 2nd guessing Lions draft picks is a tradition in Detroit.

I suspect both Chase and Sewell will rise to the top of their class. Remember they both opted out of playing in 2020.

#31820 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No way. That has to invalidate that metric forever. Haha

There really is no correlation that I can see. Trubisky had his 2nd and 3rd best Quarterback Ratings of 2020 vs Lions at 108.3 and 104.2, but if you switch to QBR he had two of his worst games at 39.5 and 46.8.

How can that be possible?

#31821 2 years ago

Maybe Trubisky is that rare combination of HOF and CFL talent at the same time?

#31846 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

It’s a bit different this year with 2 weeks between preseason and regular season. The cut down date is Aug 31. So we will see some soon!

Not to mention GMs speed dialing each other all day today trying to trade their shitty player that aint making the team for your shitty player than aint making your team.

#31902 2 years ago

In a surprise move, the NFL cuts the Lions.

You cut me deep Shrek, you cut me real deep just now.

#31904 2 years ago

I snort koolaid and bleed Honolulu Blue April thru September. By November I will be throwing my Lions crap into the fireplace.

It's a vicious circle. I loath myself for being a part of it.

1 week later
#32041 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Crazy how long it’s been since they’ve had a good receiver. Probably Steve smith.

Nothing wrong with Marquise Brown as a receiver. He went 58-769-8 last year which doesn't sound like much but Jackson only threw for about 2800 yards.

By comparison Mahomes threw for 5000 yards so yeah, no kidding, Kelce and Hill had much better numbers

#32047 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Both of those stats are bad for a #1 QB that is a former MVP and a #1 WR.

Very true. Obviously Brown cant throw it to himself so his stats kinda depend on Jackson.

It remains to be seen if the Ravens/Harbaugh have what it takes to adjust their approach to run/pass mix. Or will they be signing AP and Gurley next after Latavius and Le'Veon tear their ACLs

#32055 2 years ago

Why would the Niners put Trey Lance in for a single play in the middle a scoring drive?

To throw a TD obv

#32085 2 years ago

Lions put up a fight, Green Bay gets embarrassed, Minnesota loses a heartbreaker.

So far its a dream season for Detroit fans

#32170 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Rams new stadium is so much nicer than Vegas. They nailed it.
Vegas is almost ok. Like Indy with functional lightbulbs

Raiders stadium cost 2B
Rams stadium cost 5B

so yeah, its a bit nicer

#32173 2 years ago

This was a hell of a game!

#32218 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I'm sitting here wishing we had Tuesday night football...

Lol I looked at saw 34 unread posts in this thread and thought I was missing a game

#32268 2 years ago

I must be the only one here that works in the shadows when it comes to streaming NFL games.

#32314 2 years ago

Daniel Jones thinks he is Michael Vick??

#32431 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

What happened to Tua?

Tua fanclub is meeting back here Sept 2022

#32543 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

This guy is the biggest Lions fan in the world tonight.
https://apple.news/APc3nJQ2oQO-hJ92k8Hpr_g

Insane. And nearly impossible to hedge since its a moneyline play and you can only get Packers -650

#32545 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Insane. And nearly impossible to hedge since its a moneyline play and you can only get Packers -650

Looks like the line has moved to -550 so I guess if the dude can come up with 100k in cash he can lock in 18.1k in profit. LOL

#32552 2 years ago

Would love to see 2nd Aaron Rodgers implosion this season against the Lions but I think it's more likely he proves Packers not dead yet

#32596 2 years ago

Like A Chorus Line, NFL just wanted the Lions to get the feeling they were winners.

Fully expecting ass kicking to commence in the 2nd half

#32604 2 years ago

Dude was covered. Cant fault Lions defense on that score

#32653 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Dalton out, it’s Fields time

It's been Fields time since April 29th. Seems the only two people that didn't know that were Matt Nagy and Andy Dalton.

#32679 2 years ago

Was it confirmed covid for AB? I read 2 neg tests 24 hours apart before sunday and he could play so I assumed he was just a close contact of a positive.

#32730 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Should be playing Zep today -- yesterday is the day Bonham died...

Way off topic but saw Nicole Atkins cover 'what is and what should never be' at XPN festival last weekend. Def did the song justice.

Something about a hot chick singing Zepplin that bosco likey

#32735 2 years ago

Lions football is like getting repeatedly kicked in the dick every Sunday.

GG Ravens and new NFL longest field goal record holder Justin Tucker

#32801 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Josh Gordon signs with the Chiefs.

5 suspensions in the NFL, 3 in college and going to a team that has openly supported deviant behavior. Wonder how this chapter will end?

#32861 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Wilson has me wondering this year.

Guy is on pace for best season of his career. What are you wondering about?

#32925 2 years ago

Read 94% of bets and 96% of the money is on Patriots this week.

That just screams trap to me; you can't get 94% of people to agree on anything unless it's wrong

#32948 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Read 94% of bets and 96% of the money is on Patriots this week.
That just screams trap to me; you can't get 94% of people to agree on anything unless it's wrong

LOL@this dumbass. Obviously meant 94% of the bets are coming in on Brady and the Buccaneers

#33065 2 years ago

Playing Don't Look Back by Boston after Patriots first TD was a nice touch too

#33100 2 years ago

So lightning delay but ESPN staff ok to stand out on the field? Makes sense

#33153 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That diabolical genius Bill B probably leaked that a cut was coming it to stir up some final interest/action on the trade so he could get a 6th round pick for him. Again, better than nothing, but probably should have seen this coming and put him on the block in the offseason, I bet the Pats would have gotten better compensation.

This was Belichick's way of letting every team know they had to have their best offer to him today or take their chances on making a waiver claim.

3-1 Carolina has 22nd waiver priority so they must've figured they didn't have a shot on 1) nobody else offering a trade and 2) 21 teams ahead of them on waivers passing

#33161 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I thought vested veterans don't go on the waiver wire. Pretty sure they are immediately free agents if cut/waived.

Dang - you are correct, no waivers on players with 4+ years of service time

#33196 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I am sure Wilson loves the neon green….makes it easy to see his receivers downfield.

Pretty sure they are undefeated wearing the neon green

#33207 2 years ago

Would've guessed Geno Smith was out of the league

#33220 2 years ago

That's the Gino Smith I remember!

#33395 2 years ago

Kinda like seeing the Lions coach cry in his post game presser, it proves he's only in the Denial and Isolation stage of grief.

It took me a good twenty years to get to Acceptance

#33409 2 years ago

Gruden now free to golf with OJ, Cosby and the My Pillow guy

#33471 2 years ago

Admittedly Gruden is a dumb-ass but I find it a little unsettling when the NFL is digging in the WFT for unrelated reasons and finds dirt on somebody else, then proceeds to leak it to the newspapers to get their desired outcome. Effectively letting NFL off the hook and letting the court of public opinion mete out justice.

This from the same guy that immediately destroyed all the Spygate evidence before anyone could review it.

Shady shit in the NFL - Goodell will do anything to protect the brand.

chucky (resized).JPGchucky (resized).JPG
#33552 2 years ago

Detroit's best chance at a win today. Where are our resident Bengals fans?

#33656 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Mayfield out this week, sounds like he’s trying to avoid surgery.

Browns fell apart quick Landry, Chubb, Hunt, Mayfield all hurt and OBJ taking the year off to focus on mental health

#33665 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Browns get to run with Case Keenum...
He did have that one 11-3 year with the Vikings! -- 98 QBR
Can he rekindle the magic?
mof

Pretty sure nobody ever gonna confuse Case Keenum, D'Ernest Johnson and Donovan Peoples-Jones with The Triplets

#33692 2 years ago

WFT trotting out a kicker who hasn't made a kick in 5 years. With a name like Blewitt what could possibly go wrong?

1 week later
#34047 2 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Taysom Hill comes off the concussion protocol this week. Hill should start and add some variety to the offense until his next concussion.

Saints should just run the Dave Nelson/Tubby Raymond Wing-T or Army's Flexbone Triple Option offense

#34049 2 years ago

Lions should be on the phone right now trying to move Jamaal Williams to the Titans

1 week later
#34357 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:Guys, I've slept on this, and I've weighed the evidence, and I've come to this inescapable conclusion:
Pinpin is Hollywood Vic!!!

Imagine someone missing your playful banter so much they would feel a need to make a 2nd account. You must be flattered!

#34407 2 years ago

I find it amusing my entire life I haven't met a single Lions fan that wasn't from Michigan, Ontario or the absolute upper reaches of Ohio. I have, however, crossed paths with multiple dozens of distant Red Wings and Pistons 'fans' during the 80s and 90s.

It's almost like there is a correlation between winning and people claiming to be fans. Say it ain't so, Joe. Do people really climb on and off fanbases over the years?

Shout out to those 70s Steeler fans that became 49er fans in the 80s, Cowboy fans in the 90s and Patriot fans in the 00s

#34421 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

OBJ is finished.
We’ve seen this before with aging diva receivers like chad Johnson, TO, and more recently Dez Bryant. They piss everybody off, everybody gets sick of them,

Owens was most certainly an A-hole but the guy showed up on gameday, its not really fair to lump him in with a quitter like OBJ

TO numbers for his 3 seasons AFTER turning 35 are damn near HOF pace 196-2864-24

#34561 2 years ago

Horrible luck for Rams losing Woods the same day they sign OBJ.

#34793 2 years ago

Bell made it pretty clear early in his career he was more interested in smoking dope and cutting rap records than playing football.

Unfortunately for him the NFL frowned on his smoking and the music critics failed to embrace his rapping.

#35017 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think they should just shorten the final quarter to 13 minutes. That way we don’t have to worry about any more of these ridiculous last minute wins any more at the final two minutes.

If the league is open to your idea can you also suggest Lions games are only 10 mins?

#35024 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hey, I got a crazy idea to make a lot of Midwest Folks happy, make it a double

zero chance Campbell gets canned this year

#35055 2 years ago
Quoted from pyrotech:

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Another great game of watching the Lions play, I bet they will have less than 1/2 the stadium full. Go Lions get that first win, It's your best shot.

Hey - we still get the Falcons and could possibly be playing the Packers practice squad week 18 if they have a bye locked up. Hope springs eternal in Detroit.

#35057 2 years ago

With Houston, NYJ and Jacksonville playing each other the next few weeks Lions could actually win 2 games and still hold on to the #1 pick. Sadly they like to secure the top draft pick in years without a generational talent.

#35141 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s really unfortunate the nfl insists on foisting the lions on us every thanksgiving. Some traditions should be left in the past!

bite your tongue

#35142 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The Lions are fucking awful.

I'll allow it

#35147 2 years ago

Your Never-Say-Die Lions!

#35150 2 years ago

Right on cue Hock heading to locker room.

#35157 2 years ago

Never seen so many holding calls on running plays

#35260 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

We discussed it but they mainly wanted me to block for Foreman and Hilliard. I'm not squandering this kind of talent.

Titans signed Chuck Foreman and Dalton Hilliard?

#35365 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

He has never been an accurate QB. He has 193 TDs and 120 INTs in his career. Average numbers.

To be fair 165 TDs and 141 INTs made Aikman a 1rst ballot Hall of Famer

#35537 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Salary cap increasing by $25+ mil next year.

Teams with a shit-ton to spend

Chargers
Dolphins
Bengals
WFT
Jaguars

Teams with a wallet full of maxed out credit cards

Saints
Packers
Cowboys
Vikings
Rams

#35552 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Are the lions really going to pull this off??
I'm not holding my breath until the clock reads 0 in the 4th

Dear Lions, A win today doesn't impress me as much as the thought of Aidan Hutchinson rocking a Honolulu Blue #97

#35564 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wait…that Goff fumble was on a 4th down?!
0-16-1 looking like a formality

You cant say they havent earned the right to be 0-16-1

#35569 2 years ago

A Christmas Miracle!

#35578 2 years ago

Wow. Congrats lions fan. You've earned it.

To be fair there are two of us.

#35679 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The best explanation for loving the Cowboys came from

Best explanation I ever heard - local Philly sports station WIP has a call in for Cowboy fans to explain themselves.

Young guy calls in, says his dad abandoned the family when he was a baby but tried to reconcile years later by taking him to football games. Kid gets the whole speech 'You are from Philly - you bleed Eagles Green - blah blah'

Kid thinks to himself 'fuck this guy - I choose the other team' which happened to be the Cowboys that week

Anthony Gargano gave him a lifetime pass FWIW

#35823 2 years ago

Bills desperately need a win. They may set the record this year for fastest loading then unloading of a bandwagon

#35946 2 years ago

WFT should just issue a list of who is not on the covid list

#36059 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:Are the Cardinals injured or Covid'd out -- or is it just "any given Sunday"
-mof

Actually, simultaneously worsening both their two 1rst round draft picks by winning this one game is the most Lions thing ever

#36176 2 years ago

Wish the games tonite were staggered start times

1 week later
#36450 2 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:What a fucking legend. RIP

Pretty much this

#36477 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

penalty shootouts

Love this idea! Each team attempts 5 field goals from the 15 yard line with 5 different players, in case of a tie move the line back 5 yards and bring out 10 new players to kick again.

For added lolz your opponent gets to select who is kicking for your team.

#36490 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Cincinnati vs Alabama today at 3:30 it's going to be an uphill climb for Cincy but I'm very proud they made it to the dance. I have to work but I'll be checking in on my phone whenever I can plus I'll be taping it win or lose to watch tonight when I come home.
Exciting times in Cincy right now Go Bearcats and Who Dey for the Bengals big game coming!!!

Talked to my buddy from Ohio who grew up an OSU fan but somehow managed to send all three of his kids to UCinn. He somehow got roped into a 5pm wedding today - LMFAO.

#36496 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:What pretentious asshole gets married on NYE?

It's in Cleveland so let's just say 'Browns fans' and leave it at that

#36703 2 years ago

Don't forget the Dolphins may have the worst run game in the NFL. Currently 31rst and only lead the Texans by 15 yards

Non-existent run game, Fuller hurt all year, Parker and Williams only played half a season. I think its only fair to give Tua an Incomplete for this year and try to actually surround him with football players before giving up on him

#36776 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Close, but since he never started a game I don't know if it counts. But put him up on the board too.
Farve & Tennehill

If Favre counts then I guess we need to count Kurt Warner, UDFA from Northern Iowa cut by the Packers in favor of Ty Detmer.

Retreats back to Iowa to bag groceries, finds God, finds his fastball, finds a job in Arena football, finds love, finds a job in NFL Europe, finds a backup job with a team that has a HOF RB & WR and another 'almost HOF' WR + a HOF OT, finds NFL MVP, finds Lombardi trophy + SB MVP, finds NFL MVP again, finds NFL HOF.

Interesting footnote - left unprotected in 1999 expansion draft but The Factory of Sadness decided their fans deserved TB QB Scott Milanovich instead.

#36877 2 years ago

Pinside sentimentality aside, am I the only one that thinks Bengals fans haven't really suffered enough yet to deserve a deep run in the playoffs?

#36880 2 years ago

To be fair I have held a grudge against that city ever since I visited in 1979 and discovered WKRP wasn't a real station

#36925 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How about Matt Ryan is he still any good maybe a new team would help him?

He's under contract thru 2023 and has a massive cap number (48.6m LOL) to go with his seven games of less than 200 yards passing. I think its safe to say the sun is setting on his career.

#36964 2 years ago

Is it odd Burrow not traveling with his team to Cleveland? I know injured players get left behind all the time but QBs and team captains?

#37263 2 years ago

Teams listed in order that I wouldn't mind them winning the Superbowl - Would love a game with any combination of the first 7 on the list and hate any combination of the bottom 7

pasted_imageRams Bengals Raiders Titans Cards Cowboys Bills 49ers Steelers  Patriots Eagles Chiefs Packers Bucs (resized).pngpasted_imageRams Bengals Raiders Titans Cards Cowboys Bills 49ers Steelers Patriots Eagles Chiefs Packers Bucs (resized).png
#37440 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Mixon or Chubb got kind of screwed by Jonathan Taylor's season. He got all the AP all-pro votes so they left 2nd team all-pro vacant.

Parsons with 46 out of 50 votes as the 12th pick in the 2021 draft. Gonna be more than a couple teams that wish the draft came with a mulligan.

#37446 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Note interesting to no one but myself: In the 2019 draft, the Pats selected WR N'Keal Harry with Deebo, AJ Brown, and DK Metcalf still on the board

You can probably add Diontae Johnson to that list as well.

I did laugh at this little nugget from Wikipedia that no WR ever wants to see on their page.

'According to PFF, Harry was one of the worst WRs in the NFL in getting open vs. single coverage. Placing 99th out of 100 receivers."

#37654 2 years ago

Need the Steelers to win so we can just move to the dream matchup everybody seems to want Bengals@Bills

#37771 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

13-0. I may need to open the tequila

Never a bad idea

#37775 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The tequila is working !!!

That's gonna pose a problem since I am almost out of vodka. What if I start on tequila but want the 49ers??

#37777 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

We could use a turnover

Define 'we'

#37809 2 years ago

absolute genius throwing the ball when you are only averaging 5 yards a carry

#37815 2 years ago

49ers coach not trying to win, Cowboys players determined to let him

#37828 2 years ago

Shanahan calling a motion play on a QB sneak is the epitome of stupid

#37831 2 years ago

LMFAO - what the fuck?

#37934 2 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

As a long-time (as in forever) suffering Lions fan, I was rooting for Matthew Stafford for most of the year to do well with the Rams. My feeling was that Detroit ruined his best years and it would be great to see him successful in LA. These last few weeks have gotten me rethinking things. For one, when the Rams have won in the second half of the season, it seems to be despite Stafford, not because of him. Secondly, when push comes to shove, I am a Lions fan. They played their hearts out this year for Dan Campbell even though the record stunk. I want them to get the best draft picks possible. And that can only happen if the Rams flop. Go Cardinals!

Gotta disagree with you. The difference between pick 32 and pick 24 is not enough for me to turn on a guy that embraced Detroit for 12 years and gave us everything he had. Certainly not gonna blame Stafford for the sins of Millen, Mayhew, Quinn, Schwartz, Patricia et al.

#37941 2 years ago

Am I the only one that wants to see Eric Weddle get a pick six?

#37962 2 years ago

Right now, it’s hard to believe the Cardinals were considered the NFC’s best for much of the season.

They look a lot like a team that lost to the Lions

#38009 2 years ago

I don't blame McCarthy for preferring 1 pass from the 25 over 2 passes from the 40. Failure to get that last play off is 100% on Dak, 6 years in the league and he doesn't know to get the ball to the referee??

#38034 2 years ago

Chiefs fans fed me BBQ this year and the Bills did not. Go Chiefs!

Impossible to dispute evidence like this!

#38052 2 years ago

That's just lazy linking there. If you gonna post this story how about giving one with video of a naked NFL player laying in the street then tackling a police officer that shows up on the scene.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/01/19/fully-naked-malik-mcdowell-charged-at-officer-before-arrest-video-shows/

#38072 2 years ago

Is Aikman getting senile? Michael Irvin had seven 10 catch games in his career, to put that in perspective about 1/2 a season's worth of work for Calvin Johnson or Michael Thomas.

#38100 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

It's because in division they regularly face elite QBs in Mills, Lawrence, and Wentz.

Erik bringing the funny!

#38120 2 years ago

I have very fond memories of partying on 2nd ave in Nashville. Went to a Red Wings-Predators game, saw The Billygoats play in some shithole bar and later found a copy of their self-released CD on eBay. Good times!

#38143 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My Pics....Bengals, Niners, Bills, and Rams

This guy underdogs! I would love to see these 4 win but Vegas wants me to believe it's not gonna happen

#38158 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Rams/Bucs - Ramsey will lock down Evans, and the Rams D line will Tee off on Brady

Rams are in a good spot esp if TB On-line guys can't go tomorrow. Love the way local kid Sallies/Univ of Del product Troy Reeder plays LB but like most in NFL not sure he can slow down the Gronk

#38169 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Man I wanted to pick SF today but couldn;t do it

I parlayed SF ML with Rams ML, mostly because I hate money

#38171 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sometimes you should actually rush King Henry

LOL Titans coach already outcoaching himself

#38173 2 years ago

What's the logic in declining a delay of game then fair catching the punt anyway??

#38178 2 years ago

Best game of the weekend so far. Bengals need more quick passing and stop worrying about getting Chase the ball down field.

#38187 2 years ago

If Titans win they should give a game ball to mental midget Eli Apple

#38190 2 years ago

I would've accepted either way on that one

#38213 2 years ago

Nice game. Send Tannehill a case of beer

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

1,478 posts in this topic match your search for posts by boscokid. You are on page 1 of 6.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boscokid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread?tu=boscokid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.