pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
1c6b92ca89c98fbc3e43e1d285c4cb24.gif
Screenshot_20240316-204400_Brave (resized).jpg
pasted_image.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53769 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Erik (1 year ago)

Post #71251 draft values Posted by Deaconblooze (51 days ago)

Post #74765 Fandom Posted by DanMarino (4 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 75,102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 1,503.
#1 10 years ago

This season is about ready to get in full swing...Post all your hopes&dreams and savvy predictions.

Packers win the Super Bowl *IF* Nick Perry and Datone Jones complement Claymaker enough that he draws single blocking assignments from opposing OC's. Obviously EhRodge must stay healthy as well.

images.jpegimages.jpeg

#2 10 years ago

This is one of the big reasons why I pull for the Packers to do well each year and to at least make it to the play-offs.

Green Bay = 3rd oldest franchise in NFL, organized & playing in 1919. The Packers are the only non-profit, community-owned major league professional sports team in the United States.

The Packers are the last vestige of "small town teams" that were once common in the NFL during the 1920s and 1930s. Founded in 1919 by Earl "Curly" Lambeau (hence the name Lambeau Field on which the team plays) and George Whitney Calhoun, the Green Bay Packers can trace their lineage to other semi-professional teams in Green Bay dating back to 1896.

#3 10 years ago

You guys are going to need one of those RBs to produce.

#4 10 years ago

Go Vikings, Lions or Bears!

tumblr_ma3vq6yVHd1rg4r35o1_400.jpgtumblr_ma3vq6yVHd1rg4r35o1_400.jpg

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

You guys are going to need one of those RBs to produce.

Agreed, if Lacy can pop over 4yds per carry I think we are good. Ive never really been impressed with our Oline, but part of it is #12 would rather take a sack than throw a pick. Hopefully Bulaga moving to LT is a success.

#6 10 years ago

I'm more excited for Franklin than Lacy, personally. I'm sure we'll still be operating by committee, but that's not a bad thing if your committee is competent. My only concern about Lacy, (similar to any RB that comes out of WI) just look at the line that he ran behind. I'm not sure that even a mediocre RB wouldn't look good behind a line like that.

Dial-tone Jones will be really interesting to watch. A proper 3-4 DE is something that we really needed!

#7 10 years ago

I don't hate the Cowboys. I even pull for them to win sometimes.
Like whenever they play the Eagles or the Falcons.

#8 10 years ago

The Cowboys are what they are. Jerry drove this thing into the ditch years ago, and it will never get any better until he dies. And that presumes that his kid is smarter than he is, which I remain unconvinced.

#9 10 years ago

Hoping for another magical run like 2007 and 2011

giants-super-bowl-trophies.jpggiants-super-bowl-trophies.jpg

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

The Cowboys are what they are. Jerry drove this thing into the ditch years ago, and it will never get any better until he dies. And that presumes that his kid is smarter than he is, which I remain unconvinced.

So true......

Time for some football! Gonna need some good Packer updates before fantasy league draft I'm doing in Vegas Flanker!

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Go Vikings, Lions or Bears!

That graphic is priceless! I love it!

I'm just hoping that my perennial sad-sack Kitties can make at least a decent showing this year. It never gets old watching Megatron do his thing....

Later,
EV

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Gonna need some good Packer updates before fantasy league draft I'm doing in Vegas Flanker!

Take Aaron Rodgers 1st round, then Randall Cobb 2nd round, boom you just made your Super Bowl

#13 10 years ago

This is San Diego's year!!! New coach, new GM, new OL, with Rivers and a healthy Gates and we are at least playoff bound.

#14 10 years ago

Its a done deal, Iceman, take the Packers Defense with your 3rd round pick.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000220553/article/datone-jones-green-bay-packers-strike-rookie-contract

Quoted from kwiKimart:

This is San Diego's year!!! New coach, new GM, new OL, with Rivers and a healthy Gates and we are at least playoff bound.

LOL!, Yes, new everything always works really well, like the Eagles dream team

Post edited by centerflank : Take Packers Defense

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Yes, new everything always works really well, like the Eagles dream team

I'm not saying the Bolts will win it all, but the best I can see is at least making the postseason.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

I'm not saying the Bolts will win it all, but the best I can see is at least making the postseason.

I definitely dont see them winning the division, luckily you have KC and Oakland so thats 4 wins right there. Rivers doesnt do much for me, I dont know Kwiki, going to be tough to sneak in.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I definitely dont see them winning the division, luckily you have KC and Oakland so thats 4 wins right there. Rivers doesnt do much for me, I dont know Kwiki, going to be tough to sneak in.

Wild Card????

#18 10 years ago

Pats, Ravens, Bengals, Texans, Broncos, ___________

You are fighting for that last spot, and have to beat out the Dolphins, Steelers and Colts. Don't see the Bolts getting in.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Amazing how quickly he devolved into the next Al Davis.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Amazing how quickly he devolved into the next Al Davis.

He is a spitting image of Al Davis. Such lunacy, such pompous craziness, such poor diction.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Pats, Ravens, Bengals, Texans, Broncos, __________
You are fighting for that last spot, and have to beat out the Dolphins, Steelers and Colts. Don't see the Bolts getting in.

The Dolphins are my favorite team. Been that way since the Marino years. I think they have a chance to sneak up on the Pats this year. Given the losses the Pats have sustained and the gains the Fish have made. Should be an interesting season. First time there has been reason for hope in Miami in a long time.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Pats, Ravens, Bengals, Texans, Broncos, __________

I can't see Miami getting in the WC, Cincinnati and Indy would have to get lucky. Pittsburgh would already be in.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

He is a spitting image of Al Davis. Such lunacy, such pompous craziness, such poor diction.

At least Jerry brought a stunning stadium into the mix, Davis was a pathetic joke with all the lawsuits against the league. Jones now needs to go sit in the owners box permanently and hire a real GM.

#24 10 years ago

I loathe the Dolphins. Have since I was a kid and I could not understand Florida's penchant for really weak, pastel colored NfL teams. Tampa at least finally made their change. But those Dolphins colors are atrocious. Always hated Dan Marino, too. And Reggie Roby's ridiculous face mask.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Reggie Roby's ridiculous face mask.

I had forgotten all about that damn thing.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

But those Dolphins colors are atrocious.

Their new helmet logo sucks!

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

At least Jerry brought a stunning stadium into the mix, Davis was a pathetic joke with all the lawsuits against the league. Jones now needs to go sit in the owners box permanently and hire a real GM.

I hate that stadium. You are so displaced from the action on the field. It feels like a city of its own in there. I was there for the Cotton Bowl this past season, and despite how awesome of a game it was (as an A&M alum), I couldn't help but wish it was back at the old Cotton Bowl stadium.

#28 10 years ago

I had forgotten all about that damn thing.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#29 10 years ago

Their new helmet logo sucks!

?

images-1.jpegimages-1.jpeg

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

I can't see Miami getting in the WC, Cincinnati and Indy would have to get lucky. Pittsburgh would already be in.

Cincy and Indy are legit good.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Cincy and Indy are legit good.

I agree, but I'm not convinced Miami can be a playoff caliber team.

#32 10 years ago

I loathe the Dolphins

I hate that stadium

Easy buddy, your going to blow a fuse Find your happy place.

cowboys-cheerleader.jpgcowboys-cheerleader.jpg

#33 10 years ago

I guess if the Cowboys had a good season it would reignite my fandom, but I really can't say I like any of these douchebags. Romo is tiresome. I guess Dez is getting it together, but he has burned a whole bunch of bridges to this point. Have to love Witten and Ware. Jason Garrett is literally the most boring person to listen to speak on Earth. Singularly. The big sports radio station here, The Ticket, plays his entire press conference every day during training camp, and it is the absolute worst.

"We worked on football drills today, during our football practice, because we want to get better at football in all 3 phases of the game. Football. Phases. Football."

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Easy buddy, your going to blow a fuse Find your happy place.

There is little that I like. It's my thing. I love the NFL, though. And that girl's ass.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I guess if the Cowboys had a good season it would reignite my fandom, but I really can't say I like any of these douchebags. blockquote>

True, the last time I even liked them was back in the 90's.

#36 10 years ago

I've already chalked up a 7-9 season prediction for my home town team the Rams

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from royce6135:

I've already chalked up a 7-9 season prediction for my home town team the Rams

They look to be improving, on paper at least.... They grabbed a good amount of young talent this year in the draft.

#38 10 years ago

Looking for Cincy to take the next step and go deep in the playoffs. I honestly think the addition of the new running back will definitely help the offense catch up with our defensive efforts. Green-Ellis is a goal line type back period, I actually can't believe he's still in Cincy, two yards and a cloud of dust era is not NFL Football today. Running backs that average 4.5 to 5 yards a carry are what's needed now to open your passing game up. Been a Bengal fan since 1968 (which by the way is the second Bengals football team not the first). WHO DEY!!!!!!!

#40 10 years ago

Need I say more...

49ers_banner.jpg49ers_banner.jpg

#41 10 years ago

Wow, It must be really terrible in this organization, Urlacher retires and wishes they dont win a Super Bowl without him and now Ellis would rather sit home than make a nice chunk of money and smash people in the face. Whats going on with da Bears?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000220775/article/sedrick-ellis-retires-as-chicago-bears-open-camp

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from wizzardz:

Need I say more...

I'm pretty sure the Ravens said what needed to be said about that one last year.

As my Dad would say, I'm a fan of the Packers and whoever's playing the Vikings, so I'm hoping the Packers make it (and yes, I'll say the Packers were beaten by San Fran last year, because someone else will if I don't). I'm not a huge Broncos or Colts fan, but I really don't want Peyton's swan song to be an interception in double-OT, either, so if they did something, that would be fine, too.

And while I'm not a fan of the Vikes, I'll be really curious to see what happens with them. The better half and I were talking about this last night, and I said that Peterson is probably one of the best players in the league at any position. I'll be curious to see what the rest of the team does around him.

Luke

#43 10 years ago

All we needed was one first down against the Ravens...

One.

First.

Down.

Oh well, hope springs eternal for the Broncos faithful - This is our year.

(Thanks also to everyone else in the AFC west for sucking)

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from lukerp:

I'm pretty sure the Ravens said what needed to be said about that one last year

True enough...and there was enough controversy that it could certainly have gone the other way with a single different call. But after a rebuilding decade, I think their current coaching staff and acquisition model will keep them in the hunt for a number of years to come if they stick to it and fund it appropriately. I would love to have the problem of figuring out how to match the thread and font to add a few more years to my banner.

#45 10 years ago

Hoping for another magical run like 2007 and 2011

I'm still waiting for one like "72-73".

72Dolphins.jpg72Dolphins.jpg

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from wizzardz:

True enough...and there was enough controversy that it could certainly have gone the other way with a single different call.

I'm not going to give the Niners the gears too much; Kapernick is really good at what he does, and any team that gets to the Super Bowl sure isn't a bad team. I sure wouldn't rule them out of the hunt, that's for sure, and there are teams I'd much rather see lose.

In regard to a single different call changing the whole course of things, I can definitely feel that pain. As a Packers fan, the blown Hail Mary call against the Seahawks cost them a first round bye last year. Then again, I think Rodgers was sacked eight times in the first half, which didn't help the cause any...

Good luck to everyone this year. Anxious for it to get going.

Luke

#47 10 years ago

I'm ready for it , Hope the Packers do well .

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from wizzardz:

Need I say more...

are you saying that banner is going to look the same after this season?

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

are you saying that banner is going to look the same after this season?

Ha! I was wondering that same thing, myself. Need I say more than we haven't won anything since 1994!?!?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 75,102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 1,503.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.