pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53769 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Erik (1 year ago)

Post #71251 draft values Posted by Deaconblooze (88 days ago)

Post #74765 Fandom Posted by DanMarino (41 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdrum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

2,666 posts in this topic match your search for posts by tomdrum. You are on page 1 of 11.
#10363 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That garbage artificial field the Eagles used to play on wasn't much better.
Looks like Philly won their last NFL championship in Los Angeles too. What a crowd turned out for that game!

Eagles last championship was in 1960 at Franklin Field in Philadelphia. Vince Lombardi's only loss in a championship game.

#10389 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Pats 38
Eagles 27

Eagles 28 Pats 20 Eagles run all over NE's D. Better O line then their D line, much more athletic. Kelce and Johnson knocking over their LB's. Control clock, keep GOAT off the field. Eagles front 4 D line getting to Brady with the occasional Jenkins blitz. Eagles want it more. Ray Kroc quote "When you're green you're growing, when you're ripe you rot" Applies to the Pat's.

#10401 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Are you sure about that? I’d rate this as one of the most important games of Tom Brady’s career. Everyone on the Pats understands the meaning of this game. I’d say their desire is quite strong.

I'm sure. Eagles have relished the underdog tag in the post season. Eagles players are more skilled in the majority of positions. Except for GOAT and Gronk, the Birds are better. Can they overcome those two? We'll see in 48 hours.

#10449 6 years ago

Doug Peterson showed he had the biggest balls on the field today. I was 5 months old last time the Eagles won a championship!

#10459 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Are you kidding? Can't believe noone is talking about the Eagles bobble touchdown that should have been overturned. By the time he got control of the ball his foot was clearly out of bounds. I think it was payback for all the calls that in the past always seemed to go the Patriots way.
Gotta give Foles credit. He played lights out and clutch the last two games after looking pathetic before that.

NOPE! The call was correct.

#10463 6 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

Why cause it went your way similar plays in other games were called non td's so game was totally rigged and biased the NFL needs to get there rules straight and consistent

You're having some serious sour grapes. Eagles coaches out played Bleicheat, DEAL.

#10546 6 years ago

Anyone going to the Eagles parade on Thursday? I'm making the 175 mile trek and I'm thinking about checking out the Pinball Gallery in Malvern on Wednesday. Met Bill at York and have been wanting to check it out.

#10586 6 years ago

Josh McDaniels is NOT leaving. Guess he's getting the job when BB retires.

#10588 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s the eagles I’m worried about. I can’t stomach the idea of them dominating the NFC East for years to come.

Better get some Pepto! The majority of the team is signed for years to come. Wentz returns and Sidney Jones comes off his red shirt year to bolster the secondary.

#10592 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

That's wild. Reports this morning had it solid. If not Belichick retiring then maybe Luck is worse than expected?

It's one or the other. My guess is he gets the keys to the car in 2019.

#10596 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The pats gave him more money and probably a vague promise he’ll take over soon. Kinda like the arrangement Bill always had with the Jets.
Josh probably also really didn’t want to move his family to Indiana. It’s not for everybody.
Lord knows whats really gonna happen though. You can never tell the future and he could have pissed away his last chance at being a HC.

Agreed. However there something going on for him to piss away this chance at a HC position after the dumpster fire he was involved in in Denver. Those jobs don't come around often for a once failed coach.

1 year later
1 year later
#24085 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

And the verdict is in!
The Washington Football Team.
Has a nice ring to it. Haha

Yup. "The Washington Football Team" will just be as awful as in the last 20 years. I hope Snyder runs the team for another couple decades. The last time the time they made the playoffs was 2007. The last time they won a playoff game was 2005. The last time they won the NFC East was 1999.

The NFC East thanks you Dan for your stellar leadership.

#24102 3 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

I mean they do suck but you got a lot wrong there.
They’ve made the playoffs twice since then and won the nfc east in 2012 and 2015. Haha.

I'll admit when I'm wrong. When you google "Washington Redskins Playoffs" this is the 1st info:

Image result for washington redskins playoff years
The last time the Redskins made the playoffs was 2007. The last time the Redskins won a playoff game was 2005. The last time the Redskins won the NFC East was 1999. In their last two playoff games, the Redskins faced the Seattle Seahawks and lost on both counts.

That was from Bleacher Report no less which I used. Washington still has sucked for a long time.

9 months later
#31258 2 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Solid pick for Dallas. Parsons could be a real stud in the NFL.

As a PSU fan I saw every game he played twice. A good player, but got caught out of position many times in coverage. Slot receivers beat him a lot. He is a tackling machine however and has a nasty streak on a blitz. I doubt he'll ever be at the same level as Sean Lee when he was healthy.

7 months later
#36447 2 years ago

John Madden, one of a kind. I'm old enough to remember him on the sidelines for the Raiders and in the booth. There will never be another!

1 week later
#37072 2 years ago

As an Eagles fan, thanks you Colts. We get your #1, unloaded a huge contract and used your #3 last year to move up to draft DaVonta Smith. Eagles will be one and done in the playoffs most likely but hey there's next year with three 1st round draft picks.

#37088 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Wentz needs trained by Peyton, seriously.

Since Wentz had his knee injury he hasn't been the same. In 2017 he would of been MVP till the injury. Now he's average at best.

#37275 2 years ago

I'll take:

Bengals
Bills
Eagles (upset of the weekend)
49ers
Chiefs
Rams

#37285 2 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

Finally someone calling for an Eagles upset.

It's the dreaded "Super Bowl Hangover". Why NFL teams rarely repeat. Bucs are looking past the measly Eagles. Bucs missing a few key players and they may stumble. If not this week, the following week. If the Eagles running game is at its best, maintain ball control, gain TOP and they keep GOAT off the field, they have a chance. They'll need some luck, turnovers and hopefully Brady destroying another Microsoft tablet.

The best outcome is that Brady walks off the field and shuns Hurts as he did Foles in 2017 SBXII.

But I might be dreaming.........

#37316 2 years ago

Joe Judge getting fired is horrible!

- The other teams in the NFC East.

#37318 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I was praying they'd give him just one more chance.
It's a pretty bad look for the Giants...force out your 2X super bowl winning coach, and then fire three straight shitheads after 2 season stints. Gettleman was a disaster.

Judge .303 wins %
Shurmur .281
Spags .250
McAdoo .464 1 playoff, lost game
Coughlin .531 8-11 in playoffs 2 SB wins.

What's wrong with the picture? Giants shit the bed when they got rid of Coughlin. Fassel was 5-3 in the playoffs.

#37353 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

hard to believe Eagles have led with four #1 seeds.. wouldn't have guessed that outright.

4 straight NFC championship games starting in 2002.

#37414 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I like the Bills. They are definitely on the upswing, which is a great place to be in this league.
I have already gone on record saying I would love to see a Cowboys-Bills Superbowl. Here's hoping it happens!

Cowboys won't get that far.

#37546 2 years ago

Now the Bengals will use Joe "I broke a woman's face" Mixon to run the clock out.

#37571 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’m upvolting this picture

6 degrees in Buffalo. Won't be seeing those outfits.

#37578 2 years ago

Pats throw to Nelson Agholor, interception.

#37588 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Does this mean we won’t see Patriots fans around here for awhile?

Can we be that lucky?

#37592 2 years ago

20-0 Bills. Hope it's 50-O at the end.

#37599 2 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Anyone else want to see Belichick rip the sleeves off his hoodie hulk style.

He too old now. But it would be cool.

#37618 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

All I want for Christmas is a Cowboys-Bills Superbowl!!!

Cowboys will never get past Packers or Bucs if they even get that far.

#37621 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Damn you Tom! I hope you're wrong, lol!!

Sorry Daditude, we'll have to agree to disagree. Life long Eagles fan, was at the 1980 NFC championship game on the field in bleachers when the Eagles defeated the Cowboys to go to the SB. Lost to the Raiders.

Vince Papale approved this post.

DSCN9412 (2) (resized).JPGDSCN9412 (2) (resized).JPG
#37628 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Edit: You, sir, have earned my respect. I am now following you.

Ditto

#37635 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Bills have to be considered the favorite in AFC now, right ?

Still KC is out there.

#37728 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I’ve resorted to putting new flipper cranks on my TAF. At least I’ll get something done while yelling at the TV.
[quoted image]

Me too. Just got my FG cabinet back after painting.

DSCN9413 (resized).JPGDSCN9413 (resized).JPG
#37740 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don;t ever remember seeing Brady come out of a game.

2008 ACL tear against Chiefs.

#37833 2 years ago

Bye Bye Dallas. Sorry Daditude. The Boys made it close.

#37848 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Josh Allen is what I wish we had in Indy!

Philly fans thanks you for that #1 draft pick and taking that horrible contract.

#37857 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

A QB getting that type of money simply has to do more. He has proved that he can't put the team on his back when he is needed to...so why is he getting paid like he can??

There are only so few "elite" QB's to go around the league. Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes. Close now are Josh Allen, Herbert, Murray and Burrows. After those you get Lamar Jackson, Dak, Jimmy G and Stafford. The rest are either past their prime or unproven yet. Teams overpay hoping for elite, usually get just good.

Dallas swept the NFC East, 6 wins against teams that aren't great.

#37861 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It sucks being in the QB wilderness.

As an Eagles fan, I know your pain.

#37897 2 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Did they though? As bad as the eagles looked, the score should have been about 63-3.

NEVER. Bucs played well, Eagles didn't. Eagles had a "I touched Brady'" roughing call and took a couple other stupid penalties. Brady was Brady, that's why he is the GOAT. Eagles are far from Super Bowl contenders but 63-3 never. Brady sacked 4 times 52.6 QBR.

#37933 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

What?? McNabb, Cunningham, Jaws…..or the guy that owns every passing record and is, laughably , the best QB we’ve ever had. You have no idea what never ever having a good quarterback is like.[quoted image]

You forget Sid Luckman, 4 championships and an MVP? McMahon was pretty good too. Super bowl XX.

#37961 2 years ago

At the half Cards look like my Eagles. Confused and outplayed.

#37966 2 years ago

Cards are done. Last trick play was a back breaker.

#37973 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

This game is horrible...

As bad as Eagles vs Bucs. Sadly.

#37975 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Yeah I'm with you. I just started watching after work and am considering watching something else.

I'm heading to bed sadly. Rather work on pins in the AM than watch this mismatch.

#38038 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah I think it's over for him. 27 is 38 in Running Back years.
Cowboys still owe him some ungodly guaranteed amount for next season, so the good news for all of us not Cowboys fans is that he'll remain in the lineup/clogging up a roster spot.

Zekes cap number is $18.2M next year. Dak is $34.5M. Lawrence is $27M. Cooper 22M. Martin 20M. Tyron Smith 17.5M. Collins 15.2M. That's 154.4M for 7 players. 2021 cap was 182.5M, it will rise in 2022. Cowboys can kick the can down the road with restructures but they are stuck with those contracts.

#38040 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Dallas coaching situation is confusing me.
No way they let Kellen Moore leave and throw away their tried and true winning formula of shitty cowboy back up qb---> offensive Coordinator--->mediocre coach?!

Yeah they do. The Cowboys way. McCarthy is on thin ice despite what Jones says. Moore won't get a HC job this cycle I think.

#38099 2 years ago

This weekend:

Titans over Bengals. Derrick Henry is back
Packers over 49ers. Tough game then a short week dooms SF.
Bucs over Rams. Brady > Stafford.
Bills over Chiefs. Will be the best game. Could go either way but the Bills Offense is scary hot now.

#38166 2 years ago

49ers kicker Robbie Gould (grew up close by) is the most accurate postseason kicker in NFL history. 18-18 in field goals and 31-31 in extra points. There, I just jinxed him.

#38183 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Best game of the weekend so far.

Only game of the weekend so far.

#38185 2 years ago

So the Titans were running the ball down the Bengals throat and then they try that.

#38218 2 years ago

Football and pinball. I've been assembling my freshly painted Flash Gordon and just realized the Bengals helmet red is damn close to the correct FG cabinet color.

#38247 2 years ago

That 4th down stop was a killer for SF.

#38260 2 years ago

Because O-Lineman cannot head downfield early. Eligible receivers are WR, RB's, TE's plus a tackle if the referee is alerted to a tackle is elidgeable.

#38266 2 years ago

Two #1 seeds lost at home on the same day. WOW.

#38274 2 years ago

Robbie Gould rules!! The Bears really screwed the pooch letting him walk.

#38282 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Did it? Hey let’s ask the #1 seeded Cowboys and the #1 seeded Packers?

The Cowboys haven't been a #1 seed since I can't remember.

#38290 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

49ers kicker Robbie Gould (grew up close by) is the most accurate postseason kicker in NFL history. 18-18 in field goals and 31-31 in extra points. There, I just jinxed him.

And I was wrong. He killed the Packers.

#38564 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

This has been the BEST game of the year so far.

Easily

#38572 2 years ago

KC needs at least 15 yards on this play.

#38601 2 years ago

Bills should of squib kicked the last kickoff after their TD. Would of burned clock.

#38619 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Doubt it would matter

Sure it would have. Would of .06 off the clock.

#38645 2 years ago

Best Divisional weekend ever. My thoughts:

1) From 1939 to 2001 the Packers were 14-0 at home. Since just 7-7. So much for the frozen tundra.
2) How could the Bucs not have 2 safeties playing on the final pass play that ended their season?
3) Josh Allen is really really good. So is Mahomes. Bill's coaching failure on their final kickoff in regulation. My jaw dropped when the kicked it out of the endzone.
4) Dreading the Aaron Rodgers drama that's coming.
5) Brady plays next year, no way he goes out like this.

#38647 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You catch a squib kick and take a knee it's 0 seconds, maybe 1 off the clock. I think that's a fake narrative; but we shall see.

Clock runs till the player is touched.

#38656 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes I have. Happened in the last few seasons, and I saw a player do it this weekend even though it wasn't a live play; just doing it just to be safe
This is in addition to many players that take a knee on the 1 instead of scoring to run the clock...ask anyone that plays fantasy.

Point taken. However time would of come off the clock on a squib kick. Would it of mattered? We'll never know.

#38657 2 years ago

And in the heat of the moment a player may have picked it and ran with it.

#38726 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

He also was kept alive by some very favorable officiating that would have ended the game.

It goes both ways. Blaming the officials long after the fact is whining. Hence the comments here.

#38728 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

But to say, "the Bengals are(n't) some pushover fluke team like that Cardinals" is just dumb. The Cards have more talent, top to bottom, that the Bengals.

Cards lost 4 of their last 5 games before playoffs. Having talent doesn't always equal wins, Cowboys fans will agree.

#38820 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So shitty qbs winning recently....Folk

You mean Foles? He will always be St Nick in Philly. Best 3 game stretch in Philly playoff history. All 3 games underdogs and beat Brady in the SB. And caught a TD pass. 28-43 passing for 373 yards 3 TD's 1 Int, 0 sacks and a 106.1 rating.

Since then, not so much.

#38824 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Must have auto corrected. Just like Flacco's SB run, amazing years

Flacco always played better in the playoffs then the regular season.

#38825 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

AFC Since 2000 - Brady, Ben, Peyton, Flacco, & Mahomes...? Missing anyone?

Nope

#38894 2 years ago

Rodgers GB cap hit is a whopping 46.1 million in 2022 about 20% of their entire roster. Trading him is a cap hit of 26.2 million but frees up 19.9M in cap space on a team already 40M over the cap in 2022. Love is under control for 2 more years without a tag.

#38897 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

We're back to 14m under the cap with 12, cobb, and both smiths gone. We have some FA decisions, but we were leveraged to go all in this year. The cap situation should only be a 2022 problem if 12 is gone. We could figure out a way to keep some of it together, but a run next year with Rodgers would just be a watered down version of this year. We put everything in place for Rodgers to have his stupidly fucking coined last dance, and he put up 10 points. It was fun while it lasted, but it's hard to listen to the guy that was given everything he wanted (fired coach, top defense, even fucking roster decisions) talk about how he doesn't want to be part of a rebuild while he eats 20+% of the cap. OK, Aaron, tell us which of your friends you want to cut.
It's over. Time to move on. Collecting a bunch of draft picks is really the best case scenario for the franchise at this point. Think about the ROI, a 24th pick 15 years ago that nets you a SB, a whole bunch of deep runs (including heartbreaking losses), and 3+ premium picks to try it again in the next era. Thanks, Ted Thompson. The core of the roster is also in a really good spot. We have some incredible depth at OL (pending a Bahk return), two really solid RBs, some emerging TEs, a top 5 CB, another really promising CB coming off a great rookie campaign, and studs in Gary and Clark. Gutey has drafted really well. I feel pretty good at being back in the mix after a short rebuild.
If there's one thing the McVay/Shannahan offense has taught us, it's that you don't need a good QB to execute it (look at you jack goff, matt cassel 1.1).
If he just retires a Packer I guess that feels better in the short term, but I'm more interested in reloading at this point. But, if we decide to bandage it together for another run, maybe we're better off as a scrappy 4 seed.

Excellent breakdown of where GB is now. A couple observations. With AR, Cobb and the 2 Smith you mentioned gone, that's 43M in dead money alone with some carrying into 2023. Massive hit.

AR had his chance and it didn't pan out. GB has a ton of talent but underperformed again. What team would give all that draft capital to possibly take a one year, maybe 2 year chance with his voidable year on a guy who has become a diva?

#38903 2 years ago

Teams that need a QB now for Aaron Rodgers:

Washington- They have cap room.
Pittsburgh- They have cap room but not in their DNA for this.
Houston- Watson will be gone but he carries a 40M cap number for his new team and Rodgers would retire before going there.
Saints- They have nothing in salary cap. The worst in the NFL cap wise.
Carolina- They could swing the trade cap wise.

#38905 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I also have no idea why someone like Rodgers would want to come to Washington but you never know.

No choice except retirement. He does not have a trade clause in his contract. Skins would mortgage the future for a flyer on AR. They shouldn't do it with the current team but Snyder is pretty much an idiot.

#38906 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Teams that need a QB now for Aaron Rodgers:
Washington- They have cap room.
Pittsburgh- They have cap room but not in their DNA for this.
Houston- Watson will be gone but he carries a 40M cap number for his new team and Rodgers would retire before going there.
Saints- They have nothing in salary cap. The worst in the NFL cap wise.
Carolina- They could swing the trade cap wise.

I left off the Broncos- They could swing it.

#38909 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

A team needs to be set to contend immediately, otherwise it's just monies for Rodgers and rentfree picks for GB. Indy is the only team that makes sense to me. It would mean eating $15M for cutting Wentz but that's reasonable, if not advisable imo

They already gave their 2022 1st round pick for Wentz. What's left to trade?

#38910 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The Buccaneers went 7-9 in 2019, the season before Brady showed up.

Rodgers isn't Brady 1st. Second, WFT doesn't have the weapons Brady got in TB.

#38914 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

They gotta include some of those 7 pro bowlers

Pro Bowls are meaningless in a trade. A nice kudos but teams look at the current contract. Age? Years left on rookie deal. A vet with higher cap numbers in a year or two. Taking a current contract carries all the risk of injury if guaranteed.

#38916 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Again, when you have a HOF QB, suddenly you have a lot of weapons too.

Like McLaurin with 1K yards? After him not much.

#38966 2 years ago

Josh McDaniels to the Raiders along with Dave Ziegler from the Pats is heating up.

#39028 2 years ago

Brian Daboll is the new Giants coach. Bill's O coordinator.

#39034 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Brian Daboll is the new Giants coach. Bill's O coordinator.

Over/under on how long he lasts given the Giants history? I'm at 3 years.

#39103 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I feel that Brady was still productive. I'm not a Patriots or Bucs fan, but a football fan. I wish he would continue, but I understand. He was an all-time great.

Agree. However, despite the current retractions, he is retiring. He could easily play another year and be productive. But family is coming 1st. Plus the Bucs window of being really good is closing.

#39115 2 years ago

Jim Harbaugh interviewed for the Vikings HC position last night.

#39358 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Absolutely-You see the stands? Sea of red.

Home field advantage didn't help the Chiefs.

#39764 2 years ago

This tanking issue will be a major problem for the NFL. NFL network's Cameron Wolfe claimed to know a witness to Ross's offer to Flores. Coming from the NFL network that is a bombshell. Hue Jackson claims to have proof of the tanking payments.

Offering money to affect the outcome of a game is a felony, "Sports Bribery Act", 5 years in prison. With the NFL in bed now with legalized gambling, that's going to a shit storm.

Get your popcorn ready.

#39787 2 years ago

Washington fan reacts to the new name.

FKmBSXuXEAcLjA0 (resized).jpegFKmBSXuXEAcLjA0 (resized).jpeg
#39799 2 years ago

Dan Snyder should just sell the team. Worst owner in the NFL. JJ is close but at least he isn't being investigated by Congress. And wait till Mara and Ross are deposed.

#39806 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don’t care about the name I’m taking about Snyder and all of his cronies.

The NFL East used to be one of the best divisions in the NFL. Now it isn't. Snyder is toxic and needs to go. From an Eagles fan no less.

#39822 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

What has JJ done that compares to the creep Snyder?

Besides being his own GM, hiring a douchebag like Greg Hardy, there was this.

article-2717451-204BBD1700000578-856_634x491 (resized).jpgarticle-2717451-204BBD1700000578-856_634x491 (resized).jpgarticle-2717451-204BBD2800000578-760_634x515 (resized).jpgarticle-2717451-204BBD2800000578-760_634x515 (resized).jpg
#39833 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

He's suggesting JJ should be forced to sell the team like he feels Snyder should. Unless that's his wife in the pics, i don't see what warrents his request

I don't want JJ to sell the team. He's the reason the Cowboys won't sniff a SB while he's GM. He's just a pompous ass. The rest of the teams in the NFC are glad he's there.

#39837 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Ya, you're right sportsfan..they'll never win a super with him in charge. Ouch. Sick burn. Again you're right sportsfan... the other teams sure enjoyed watching the cowboy's win the east division last year.
Btw, Who's your team?!

#39838 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Btw, Who's your team?!

Saskatchewan Roughriders of course.

#39840 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Im pretty sure Tomsdum doesn't have a team to cheer for now that brady is gone

It's tomsdumb to you sir.

#39842 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Cowboys fans are so touchy!!

It’s amazing how they’ve come to embrace mediocrity over the past 25+ years. You’d think winning the division all the time and choking early in the playoffs would lose its charm after a while!

#39845 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I'd rather be a perennial contender for the division than be pathetic like the giants.

This century of the NFC East division winners:

1) Eagles 9 times
2) Cowboys 6 times
3) Giants 4 times
4) "Commanders" 3 times

#39847 2 years ago
Quoted from 29REO:The Eagles have won their division 9 times in the last 22 years?

YES

Quoted from 29REO:

“Tomsdum” I almost pissed myself on that one! Thanks!

And I thought we were friends.

#39848 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Quoted from 29REO:
“Tomsdum” I almost pissed myself on that one! Thanks!

And I thought we were friends.

#39849 2 years ago
Quoted from 29REO:

The Eagles have won their division 9 times in the last 22 years?

See this, a reposting.

NFL (resized).pngNFL (resized).png
#39882 2 years ago

Dolphins hired 49ers OC Mike McDaniel as the new HC.

#39883 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Here ya go then!

That FG really needs a cabinet repaint. Faded badly.

#39887 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

That FG really needs a cabinet repaint. Faded badly.

And chrome legs on a FG? The horrors!

#40053 2 years ago

Ok people, time for game predictions. Here's mine, the visitors are first of course.

DSCN9431 (resized).JPGDSCN9431 (resized).JPG
#40245 2 years ago

Higgins gets away with a facemask grab.

#40263 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Dear Sean Mcvay,
You may need to pass the ball to win this game.
Sincerely,
Boscokid

I think he got your message.

#40270 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Stafford not a good looking receiver

Tom Brady SB 52

#40274 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

How do they get those Lay's bags so rigid in the commericals?

Viagra

#40292 2 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Defense wins championships

Usually but not always. SB52: 1151 total yards, with 874 passing for both teams.

#40340 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Jerry Maquire Renee is super cute. Have you been drinking??

That was the last time she was cute. All downhill from there.

#40552 2 years ago

Next up the combine and the draft. I hate all the pre combine "mock drafts" because they are just click bait. I will pay attention the day before the draft and on draft day.

#40635 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

And hopefully they can get the best center in the draft with their first pick.

Tyler Linderbaum (Iowa) is the the best center in the draft and the Eagles will go after him.

#40641 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I was just reading Jacksonville is thinking trading down and drafting him.

Jacksonville would be crazy not to take Evan Neal or Aidan Hutchinson with that #1.

#40643 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Jacksonville needs a ton of help, makes sense to stock up on picks. This is one of the weakest draft classes in awhile.

With a very weak QB class, they won't get nearly as much as in the past. Some team may fall in love with a certain player and want that #1 but no one will be giving them as much as QB heavy class.

#40648 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think he got hurt in the Bowl game against UK where UK wiped the floor with them (haha). If he’s 100% by draft time, I hope you’re wrong!

He's not hurt. If Jason Kelce plays another year, the Eagles won't be as motivated to get him. Although who knows Roseman likes to draft in the trenches with #1's. With 3 1st round picks under #20 they can get any player in this draft. They will want pass rushers too.

I wouldn't put past him to package all 3 for a blockbuster QB trade.

#40659 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

theathletic said Commandos will offer a first round pick for Jimmy G

I hope they do!

#40661 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haven’t read anything following up on his injury from the bowl game. He definitely left with an injury during the game though.

He will be looked over hard at the combine. But he was back on the field at the Citrus Bowl.

#40665 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

JimmyG is good enough to win the NFC East. Y'all gotta start somewhere...

Too early to predict that.

#40683 2 years ago

Cowboy's paid 2.4M because of a locker room peeping Tom.

#40690 2 years ago

Rams GM Les Snead wore a shirt with "fuck them pics" at the parade today in reference to trading away draft pics to build their team. You can't argue with success.

Will other teams follow suit?

les-snead-shirt (resized).jpgles-snead-shirt (resized).jpg
#40739 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Here’s a ranked list of free agent O linemen
[quoted image]

Orlando Brown is the best on that list, but he'll get tagged. Tomlinson will be wearing a different uniform next season.

2 weeks later
#40957 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Crazy.
People really hate the idea of coming to Washington.

Blame Dan Snyder.

#41012 2 years ago

The Commanders are on the hook for 28M this year for Wentz. After that nothing. They have the cap space.

Wentz has been a head case ever since Foles won the SB after he got the Eagles to the playoff. Enter Jalen Hurts in 2020 and he couldn't handle it. Since the knee injury he hasn't been the same as 2017. Frank Reich his coach of his best season, was supposed to "fix" him. Didn't work.

3 teams in 3 years will either cause Wentz to realize he's the problem or he'll tailspin further. We'll see.

#41014 2 years ago

"This tidbit from Jeff McLane’s “NFL combine leftovers” article is making the rounds on Wednesday morning:

Wentz struggled with accountability in his last three seasons in Philadelphia and it hurt his standing with teammates and coaches. But it was the torn ACL that ended his 2017 season and denied him the Super Bowl run that revealed character defects and affected him in certain corners of the locker room.

Sometime before the championship game, Wentz voiced his displeasure with the Eagles’ success to a group of other injured players, sources with direct knowledge of the incident said. One of the players immediately confronted him and the two eventually had to be separated."

Good luck with him Washington.

#41128 2 years ago

Watson has a no trade clause and can pick where he goes. Indy, Seatle, Carolina, Tampa Bay and Pittsburgh are in the "most need" category. "Upgrade" would be Philly, Giants, Miami, Detroit, Vikings and Browns.

He already ruled out Philly and Carolina last year.

#41135 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’d guess Philly will be a strong suitor too. They also have plenty of draft capital.

He doesn't want to go to Philly and I'm glad. I wouldn't waste all those draft picks on him especially when he may face a NFL suspension. Philly will trade one of their 3 1st rounds picks to pick up another 1st next year in case Hurts doesn't improve.

#41311 2 years ago

Eagles cut Fletcher Cox. His contract was the issue and they are trying to resign him. My favorite memory besides his great plays was when he would stand next to Chris Long on the sideline during the SB run. LONG COX. The teenager in me.

#41380 2 years ago

Cleveland giving up 3 #1 and 2 other "high" draft picks.

Watson originally had been scheduled to earn $136 million over the next four seasons. Effectively the Browns just threw him a $94 million franchise tag for the rights to the 2026 season.

#41461 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wish people would stop saying Washington traded two third-rounders for Carson Wentz.
They actually only traded ONE third-rounder for him, because it's like the other third-rounder is what they used to "pick" Carson Wentz.
They also aren't paying him $30 million next season to trot his turkey ankles out there. They would have paid Fitzpatrick $10 million if they had kept him instead...so really...it's only $20 million.
It's all so simple when you look at this way instead of just buying the sensational narrative the fake news media is selling.

Commanders get: Carson Wentz, QB; 2022 second-round pick, 2022 seventh-round pick.
Colts get: 2022 third-round pick, 2022 second-round pick, 2023 conditional third-round pick (converts to a second-round pick if Wentz plays 70 percent of snaps).

The second round pic swap allowed the Colts to move up 5 spots this year. Colts get 2 3rd round pics and possibly a 2nd. Washington got a 7th.

2 weeks later
#41810 2 years ago

Eagles are getting 2023 draft capitol in case Hurts doesn't progress which is likely. With this trade they effectively traded Wentz for a 1st in 2022, a 2nd in 2024 and 2 3rds, one last draft and a 2022 pick. Now they have 2 #1 picks this draft and next.

#41814 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

No clue who’s getting a deal here.

The Eagles are way ahead especially if the Saints falter next year with a new head coach and Winston as the starting QB.

EAGLES RECEIVE
2022 first-round pick (No. 18)
2022 third-round pick (No. 101)
2022 seventh-round pick (No. 237)
2023 first-round pick
2024 second-round pick

SAINTS RECEIVE
2022 first-round pick (No. 16)
2022 first-round pick (No. 19)
2022 sixth-round pick (No. 194)

#41843 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The Eagles still suck!!!!

At least the Eagles won a Super Bowl this century.

1 week later
#41936 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I never really understood the “don’t trade within the division” thing.

Me either. The Packers were so concerned when they Farve to the Jets there was a poison pill that he could not get traded to the Vikings.

The Eagles traded McNabb to the Redskins in their division and made out well.

#41940 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Because he was washed up and Dan Snyder is a moron.

And now Washington will start another Eagles cast off, "turkey legs".

#41966 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Deebo is worth maybe a couple firsts?

He wants to be the highest paid WR with a new contract. That's 30M a year. What team has that cap space and the willingness to trade that much draft capitol?

SF barely has enough cap space to pay rookies, although having so few draft picks helps. They have to move Jimmy to resign him, his cap hit is over 25M if cut, 27M if he stays.

#42011 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

not holding out hope for a parade this year either

It's been over a quarter century since Dallas had a parade. A grand total of 4 playoff wins since the last parade. Less than 1 playoff win every 6 years. The definition of pitiful. I wouldn't bank on them winning the division this year.

#42018 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

How many has philly won in that time? Seriously, i don't know!

13 playoff games plus a Super Bowl.

#42027 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I can’t put my finger on it but I could swear one team in the NFC East has won two Super Bowls in that timeframe …

I would rather have the Giants win 4 straight SB's than the Cowboys get a single playoff win.

#42099 1 year ago

Eagles draft Jameson Williams even they have to trade up to get him.

#42111 1 year ago

What team takes a QB 1st? I'm guessing the Steelers.

#42156 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

and there goes the only good TN receiver in 20 years

As an Eagles fan, I can't believe they let him walk on an unproven receiver.

#42157 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I love AJ Brown and hate Eagles...doesn't make me happy either

Deal. Hah

#42161 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

Rumor was they hit an impasse today on the new contract

Trade wasn't made without the new contract terms in place. You don't trade a #1 for a one year player.

#42169 1 year ago

In addition to trading for Brown, the Eagles signed him to a big contract extension: $100 million over four years with $57 million guaranteed

#42170 1 year ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Local college connection, played in NFL-style offense at Pitt, will be interesting to see how that pick plays out for Steelers.

Playing in the same stadium as he did in college. Wish him the best.

#42173 1 year ago

The Eagles turned the Carson Wentz (turkey legs) trade plus a 3rd for AJ Brown. Not bad.

#42177 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

More importantly they rid themselves of Carson Wentz!

#42185 1 year ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Jets crawling out of the cellar.Nice 1st round.

Still need a lot more, but improvement.

#42197 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

But Hurts is no bueno.

The Eagles traded away a #1 this year to have extra #1 next year to snag a QB if Hurts doesn't improve.

#42198 1 year ago

Eagles had the biggest weight discrepancy between a teams first round picks from one year to the next. Devonta Smith 170lbs - Jordan Smith 341lbs.

#42219 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Will Nakobe Dean ever get drafted?

The LB needy Eagles took a center instead.

#42225 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

They say it's usually best to find your replacements the year before you need them. Kelce is done after this year right?

So true, be prepared. Kelce played at high level last year and at 34 now after 12 years he takes it one year at a time. For a 2011 6th round draft pic, he had a great career and my favorite Eagle. Watching him blow out defenders 30-40 yards off the line of scrimmage last year makes me think the fire still burns.

#42252 1 year ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

After a few long satisfying rips on the bong OBJ claims Deebo is going to the Pats.

Just the bong?

#42253 1 year ago

The best part of the NFL draft is thinking your team nailed it. Then the reality happens in 2-4 years.

#42268 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I'm not sure how to feel about the Cowboys draft. It seems like they are swinging for the fences and doing a lot of gambling. I guess that could go either way in the end.

Cowboys had a decent draft from what the pundits say. Tyler Smith is a project but could be a great starter. Sam Williams has off field issues, he'll fit right in. Jalen Tolbert may be they the best value pick they made. Huge upside.

But the rest of the NFC east on paper, the Eagles and Giants had better drafts. Only time will tell.

#42270 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

Thanks for that. The Eagles have as many playoff wins as the rest of the NFC East combined. Eagles 14, Giants 10, Cowboys 3 and that other team one.

#42274 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

And yet half the Super Bowl wins of the Giants alone. Coffee’s for closers, Birds.

Well 2 wins over one isn't like being the Pats. Yes, the Giants were great then. I'm guessing the Eagles will be the Super Bowl again before the Giants.

#42310 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Irsay is a drunk and a lunatic. He "lucked" into two generational talents at QB and that made him look good for 20 years.
Carson Wentz gonna make him look bad (even worse) in 2022. BOOK IT!

I have an unworn Wentz Eagles jersey I can bring to Pinfest CHEAP. A little dye and a new emblem, you'll be all set.

#42342 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

When do you guys seriously think Toronto will get a franchise?? We have tons of money ...anyone please

The numbers won't work. With 32 teams, 8 divisions at 4 teams each that play the division rivals 2x each, adding one team screws that up. One division would have 5 teams, 8 division games which is almost half the schedule.

Only way expansion happens is with 8 new teams, 4 in each conference. And with the lack of quality QB's game play will be diluted.

#42345 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

So what you’re saying is NFL/CFL merger …

No. NFL wants to go international. I could see a team in London, Mexico and one or two in Canada. They play in London every year for a reason. Even with 3-4 international teams, the others would be in the USA.

#42348 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You act like everything has to be even; which it hasn't in the past with no real issues.
You have an extra team in each Conference so what?

I remember when the Cardinals were in the NFC East. So yeah it happened before. The NFL is printing money now. The owners like the 4 team divisions. Divisions games are usually the toughest, you play them twice. One division in each conference would have 8 games out of 17 in their division. Tough sell.

#42350 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Pretty sure they like more Monies more than they like 4 team Divisions.

THere's always bullshit teams in every division. Even with Jax a decent team in 95 Steelers still got the usual byes with Cinci & Browns and went to the SB.

I doubt expansion happens in my lifetime. But then I'm old.

#42352 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Look I don't see an easy rubber stamp way to do it either, but these fuckers need monies like we need air. They're not playing these London games (that ALL OF US HATE and probably never watch) for no reason.
Nothing would shock me at all, and making up rules is no big thing. Want a SB? Then you play in London. DIdn;t even know that was a rule.

Didn't think that was a rule. Every NFL team has played in London except the Packers. And they get a pass because the market size cannot lose a home game which makes sense to me.

#42375 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

unless Philly has something to say!

At this time of the year everyone thinks Superbowl. The Eagles had a great draft and picking up AJ Brown was huge. If Hurts improves over last year, the Eagles could win the NFC East. Otherwise it's open. Wentz could go back to his great 2017 stats or the NY Giants can turn those rookies into stars. My money would be on the Eagles however.

#42379 1 year ago

Kudos to Ron Rivera for telling Jahan Dotson to attend his graduation Saturday at PSU rather then attending practice.

Class act coach.

On a side note, Saquon Barkley also graduated on Saturday from PSU.

My daughter as well, had to leave Pinfest Friday.

#42433 1 year ago

Carson Wentz (turkey legs) revenge tour 2022:

1) 9/11 Jacksonville- Hello Doug Peterson
2) 9/25 Eagles at home
3) 10/30 Colts on the road
4) 11/14 Eagles in Philly

1-3 is my guess.

#42434 1 year ago

The NFC East got the easiest schedules.

schedule (resized).jpgschedule (resized).jpg
#42436 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Also, it appears AFC West and NFC West are gonna be where real football will be played this year.

No. It's real football in every division. The west will just be beating each other up. The SOS is based on 2021, teams improve and some don't.

#42480 1 year ago

James Bradberry former NYG Pro Bowl cap cut, signed with the Eagles. A position of need.

"James Bradberry wanted to put himself in a winning situation. This was a key part of everything that unfolded the past few months. He had better deals out there, but chose the Eagles."

#42521 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

So when do the first pre-season games start?

Jags-Raiders 8/4. Roughly 10 weeks.

1 week later
#42589 1 year ago

On a lighter note, they should just skip all the traditional pro bowl stuff and have a "low risk of injury" Olympics. Golf, Table tennis, bag toss.

Pro Bowl- Everyone wants named to it, nobody wants to play in it. End it.

#42605 1 year ago

Deshaun Watson will have his 24th lawsuit filed Monday. That means 24 separate trials unless a settlement is reached. This will drag on into the 2023 season or even 2024 possibly.

3 #1's, 2 #3's and #4. Plus $230 million guaranteed. Even if the NFL suspends him w/o pay, the $45M bonus is already in his pocket.

Ouch. The factory of sadness continues.

#42608 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I’m sure they know (almost) nothing will come of this

Seriously? It's the Browns.

His idiot lawyer said "Happy Endings aren't illegal" then walked that back. The optics are horrible for the NFL, other owners are pissed at the amount guaranteed after he's never played a single down on the existing contract extension with Houston.

MLB suspended Trevor Bauer 2 full seasons for domestic abuse. Watson will get hammered.

#42624 1 year ago

Deshaun Watson contacted 100 strangers for massages in a 17 month period. The NYT times already found 66 of them.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/06/07/new-york-times-finds-that-deshaun-watson-met-with-at-least-66-women-for-massages-in-17-months/

If he even takes the field in 2022 I'd be surprised. He's facing 24 separate civil trials now. He did give this convincing, well written rebuttal on Instagram:

“See, the blogs can’t break me down, see, I’m the voice, I don’t reply. But the rumors y’all done heard, I’ma humbly deny, yeah, yeah.”

#42626 1 year ago
Quoted from APfan1:

Seriously, why the Browns?

They invested $230 million guaranteed and 6 draft picks on an alleged serial sex offender. And left Mayfield hanging.

#42632 1 year ago
Quoted from APfan1:

Oh, I know all about Watson's alleged offenses. I just think there are 31 other teams, yet there seems to be a whole lot of chatter about a team that hasn't even sniffed a SB since, well, forever.

It's the offseason, draft is over, and Watson massive contract with all the associated baggage is the biggest NFL story right now.

Would you rather hear fans of the 31 other teams pontificate on why that team will win the Super Bowl before training camp?

#42634 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I like Hurts for the Eagles he’s not great but he’s making less than most backup QBs.

Hurts is in the same offensive system for consecutive seasons for the first time since high school. Think about that, will he suck this year? We'll see.

#42636 1 year ago
Quoted from APfan1:

And I guess I hear ya. The Watson story is big. Just seems like a lot of people around here are stuck on it.

I'm sure it will have a "Happy Ending".

#42638 1 year ago
Quoted from APfan1:

It would definitely be a bit awkward around these parts

So your are a Browns fan. No shame. Be proud and loud I say.

#42672 1 year ago

Bronco's being sold for $4.65 billion. Josh Harris (76er's owner) was prepared to pay $5 billion but no assurances it will sell at that. Rather than a bidding war, he folded.

Dan Snyder should be on the phone ASAP.

#42675 1 year ago

Rams just resigned Cooper Kupp to a 3yr $80M deal with 75M guaranteed. After Donald's $95M, Stafford's $160M, Wagner $50M, Allen Robinson $46.5M, they committed $431.5M to these 5 players over the next 3-5 years.

WOW.

In 2023 their highest paid 9 players will cost $177M. In context, the 2022 salary cap is $208M.

#42678 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think we finally understand the meaning of "Dirtbag66."

Ok. I need to who is the "DirtBag66" you keep referring to.

#42679 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Ok. I need to who is the "DirtBag66" you keep referring to.

Or am I just being stupid that it's Watson?

#42682 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He was a super obnoxious, humorless Browns fan who didn't want to do anything but fight with people here. He also had a hilarious backstory where he hated the Bears because they cut his brother, a journeyman linebacker, at the end of his career. He never explained why he didn't hate the other 31 teams who wouldn't give the guy a job, but he had it out for the Bears something awful.
Anyway, since he's a troll, he's been permanently banned here several times, always comes back, and is always incapable of hiding who is he is so he ends up getting banned again.
Which brings us to yesterday and the sudden appearance of someone who seems a little fixated on the Browns, and who signed up for Pinside right after the most recent Dirtbag66 alias got sent to the showers. Probably just a coincidence!

Appreciate the back story. I felt like the guy who never got the joke. Thanks Levi.

#42720 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Back in 1994 the salary cap was just $34M

And back in 1994 Robert Kraft bought the Patriots for $172M and Jeffrey Lurie bought the Eagles for $185M. So an NFL team cost 5.5X the cap amount. Current salary cap 208M, Bronco's sold for 4.65B which is over 22 times the cap amount.

The owners are making out pretty well, regardless of player salaries.

Pat Bowlen paid $78M for the Bronco's in 1984, 38 years later worth 4.65B.

#42726 1 year ago

Big Ben set the bar pretty high....

browns 3 (resized).jpgbrowns 3 (resized).jpg
#42766 1 year ago

Coldplay performed at the Linc in Philly and did a rendition of Fly Eagles fly. It was terrible and Chris Martin spelled E-A-A-L-E-S at the end. Luckily the crowd was stoned. A drunk full house of fans at an actual Eagles game, would of reacted much differently.

https://twitter.com/CrossingBroad/status/1534729009405345792?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1534729009405345792%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bleedinggreennation.com%2F2022%2F6%2F9%2F23161080%2Feagles-news-coldplay-performs-fight-song-lincoln-financial-field-concert-philadelphia-philly-video

#42770 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm sorry are you asking me to click on a link to watch Coldplay perform?

NO. Watch them make as ass of themselves.

#42796 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Bengals most improved o-line in the NFL baby! Gotta keep Joe off the ground, no reason to lead the league in sacks taken again.

Agree but proven talent trumps unproven talent. We'll see how the season shakes out. Everyone is unbeaten till the games are played.

But I always believe that a great O-line will win games. Games are won in the trenches. Keep the QB upright, open holes for the running backs and block downfield. Winning combination.

#42805 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Lions #3! Detroit will be top 10 rushing attack and Jared Goff will be top 16 QB
You heard it here first!
#suckittrebek

With the rest of the holes in the Lion's roster, that's a bright spot. D line #26.

#42815 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

League's going to seek a 1-year suspension on Watson.

That's why Watson's contract was written with a $45M signing bonus with just a $1M salary this year. After that the salary is $46M per year.

#42823 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

How does one calculate "too much contact" ? Is it a definable rule? Am I overthinking it and it just means fights?
I could look it up, but genuinely curious if anyone in this thread knows without looking it up? IMO that would be some next level NFL knowledge if they could just rattle off that tidbit of information.

It's contact which results in a player being knocked to the ground blindside or with intent. These are supposed to be contact free practices per the NFLPA contract.

#42825 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I could look it up, but genuinely curious if anyone in this thread knows without looking it up?

I didn't look it up, I read PFT ever day and you get these tidbits of knowledge.

#42833 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Feels like I need to go there one time

Feel the same way. There are only a few pro sports venues left that are iconic. I saw a game at Wrigley Field and Lambeau Field is another.

#42848 1 year ago

Top 4 TE of the modern era?

1) Tony Gonzales
2) Antonio Gates
3) Gronk
4) Shannon Sharpe

#42863 1 year ago

Tomorrow Roger Goodell testifies before the House Committee on Oversight & Reform on the Washington Commanders "toxic work environment" investigation. Since Snyder decided to hop on his yacht to Europe "on business" and refused twice to appear, Goodell will have answer for him.

And the Washington Post just revealed he paid a 1.6M settlement in 2009 to female team employee he pressurized for sex and groped. That will be on the table tomorrow.

Lesson to Deshaun Watson, just pay the women before it becomes public if you must be a douche bag. At least your career could of ended before the shit hit the fan.

#42885 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I can agree with the intent of the article, but wow can Florio run with the editorial opinion deal for miles and miles. He never runs out of gas....

Agreed. If you read PFT before they got corporate sponsorship (my favorite Fight Club scene) via NBC it was a lot more off the cuff.

#42892 1 year ago

Now the Houston Texan's are getting sued for enabling Deshaun Watson behavior.

"Despite having a full training staff available to him with the Texans, and despite having the services of a specified massage therapy entity -- Genuine Touch -- available to him, Deshaun Watson refused to have massages done at the Texans stadium and instead preferred to reach out to strangers on Instagram for massages," the lawsuit states.

"Despite this behavior, and after yet another woman questioned Watson's behavior and threatened to expose Watson on the internet, the Houston Texans organization -- rather than investigate and address Watson's disturbing behavior -- instead provided Watson with a NDA to 'protect himself' going forward from the random women he was finding on Instagram," the lawsuit states.

How ironic this shit hits the news when his discipline hearing is tomorrow.

#42896 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hopefully he does well. I think a healthy Baker is more than solid.

I agree. Getting traded after demotion in Cleveland will bring out the best in him. Plus he'll be playing on the final year of his rookie contract, prove you deserve the big new deal.

#42898 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Plus he gets to spend the rest of his 20s in Seattle instead of Cleveland. Which, uh …

Problem is that Cleveland will resist eating any salary in a trade. Hopefully they don't but it's since it's the Browns, they'll fuck it up.

#42906 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Browns also have the most cap room for some reason.

Till next year when Watson, Garrett and Bitonio eat $100 million of cap space alone.

#42925 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s my understanding that Jimmy G can be released and the 49ers are off the hook.

Correct. He leaves the 49ers with a $1.4M cap hit which is the remainder of his signing bonus already paid. They wipe $25.5M off the books this year. So he is gone as soon as healthy.

#42929 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

WR Terry McClaurin signs a three-year deal.

Great move by Washington. He's a #1 WR with a good QB throwing to him. And $23M is the going rate now. Now if turkey legs stays healthy and upright.........

#42931 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Whom the fuck would rather have Baker Mayfield than Jimmy G.
Mark your names down so they are easily bookmarked.

Both coming off injury, so the jury is out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
2,666 posts in this topic match your search for posts by tomdrum. You are on page 1 of 11.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdrum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread?tu=tomdrum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.